PDA

View Full Version : Official 2013 Chattanooga, Who is laughing now? Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

chattownmocs
August 13th, 2013, 10:41 AM
sub·par [suhb-pahr]
adjective
below an average, usual, or normal level, quality, or the like; below par: This month his performance has been subpar.

Considering Jensen was top-50 in passing efficiency and there were at least 122 starting QBs in the FCS last season, he would be definition not be subpar, especially when adding in his running factor, which for a quarterback is most certainly above average. Your assertion is false.

Pass efficiency doesn't mean much when you aren't asked to do anything.

bjtheflamesfan
August 13th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Its an incomplete comparison under current circumstances. If you want to begin to compare the two, look at Jensen's freshman year vs Huesman last year. although Jensen only played nine games that year and again, you have two differing offensive styles. If the Bison ran the same style of offense as the Mocs did last year and had the same type of personnel variances, then you could accurately compare the two.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 13th, 2013, 10:57 AM

The kids a winner. WIN-NER. That is a foreign concept in Chatty, I know but it's a huge intangible that hasn't been seen in blue for decades.

chattownmocs
August 13th, 2013, 11:04 AM
The kids a winner. WIN-NER. That is a foreign concept in Chatty, I know but it's a huge intangible that hasn't been seen in blue for decades.

How much of a winner would he be if he was actually asked to do anything to win the game?

PaladinFan
August 13th, 2013, 11:06 AM

But isn't that your exact argument for Terrell Robinson being a top 5 quarterback? He was extremely efficient and had a high passer rating, but he threw for just over 300 yards for the season.

It's tough duty to argue that Jensen is subpar for the same reasons you say Robinson is superior. How do you come to that conclusion?

NoDak 4 Ever
August 13th, 2013, 11:10 AM
How much of a winner would he be if he was actually asked to do anything to win the game?

Here you go dopey. You might forget that football is played in December so you can be forgiven if you didn't see this.

4th and 3 with the season on the line. Ask Jeff Monken if Brock Jensen's a winner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXlZMIPyxRI

chattownmocs
August 13th, 2013, 11:10 AM
But isn't that your exact argument for Terrell Robinson being a top 5 quarterback? He was extremely efficient and had a high passer rating, but he threw for just over 300 yards for the season.

It's tough duty to argue that Jensen is subpar for the same reasons you say Robinson is superior. How do you come to that conclusion?

No that was your argument. As if every starter in the conference is better than every backup. Obviously he didn't have big numbers because he wasn't the starter.

chattownmocs
August 13th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Here you go dopey. You might forget that football is played in December so you can be forgiven if you didn't see this.

4th and 3 with the season on the line. Ask Jeff Monken if Brock Jensen's a winner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXlZMIPyxRI

Do you really want me to show the plays that Jacob Huesman made against Georgia Southern? Come on. Jensen was awful in that game. A qb draw? Nice play call. What does that have to do with him.

813Jag
August 13th, 2013, 11:13 AM
The only problem with this thread is that this year's team will probably be the best Chatty team in 20-30 years and will compete for the SoCon championship. Chattown might actually get lucky.

On the other hand Huesman & Son have not shown the ability to win the tight games yet.
that only means that the meltdown will be even more epic xlolx

chattownmocs
August 13th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Let's see how a Freshman that is asked to go out there and do it all for his football team performs. I already know the statements are going to be that Brock Jensen played a better game because his team won, but get real. This kid has more heart and intangibles than Brock Jensen will ever have. Brock Jensen can claim national titles, but he will always know deep down they were in spite of him.

http://www.gomocs.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?&db_oem_id=17700&id=1076627&ATCLID=&SPSID=88681&SPID=10577&CONTENT_ID=%23temp_CONTENT_ID&DB_OEM_ID=17700

NoDak 4 Ever
August 13th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Do you really want me to show the plays that Jacob Huesman made against Georgia Southern? Come on. Jensen was awful in that game. A qb draw? Nice play call. What does that have to do with him.

I did my job. I cannot stand incorrect information to be unanswered. If you are too stupid to think the FCS Championship MVP is somehow worse than a freshman from a 6 win team, I cannot help you.

pike51
August 13th, 2013, 11:26 AM
I did my job. I cannot stand incorrect information to be unanswered. If you are too stupid to think the FCS Championship MVP is somehow worse than a freshman from a 6 win team, I cannot help you.

But did Jensen win the Huesman Trophy?

pike51
August 13th, 2013, 11:28 AM

Jensen won the game, Huesman did not. #endofstory #can'targuefact

chattownmocs
August 13th, 2013, 11:28 AM

If was on him, they never would have come close to getting there. If you are ignorant to actually believe that every one of your players is better than every one of ours because you won the national championship, and you won 6 games, I cant help that kind of stupidity.

chattownmocs
August 13th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Jensen won the game, Huesman did not. #endofstory #can'targuefact

But that isn't the end all argument. The end al is that Jacob Huesman played a much better football game. That is the end. I know how y'all beat us. Special teams turnovers and some missed tackles. I don't know how they beat you. Ive looked at the stats, ive looked at the tape. You guys gave that game away.

chattownmocs
August 13th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Camp rundown:

WR preview

http://www.gomocs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&CONTENT_ID=%23temp_CONTENT_ID&ATCLID=209062088&DB_OEM_ID=17700

pike51
August 13th, 2013, 11:46 AM
But that isn't the end all argument. The end al is that Jacob Huesman played a much better football game. That is the end. I know how y'all beat us. Special teams turnovers and some missed tackles. I don't know how they beat you. Ive looked at the stats, ive looked at the tape. You guys gave that game away.

Nobody looks at the scorecard, just the final scoreboard. Huesman = Loser Jensen = Winner Stats mean nothing if you don't win the game. It's like you're calling your own QB the smartest kid on the short bus.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 13th, 2013, 11:51 AM
You know? I was thinking. Chatty SHOULD go FBS. 6 wins means something there.

bjtheflamesfan
August 13th, 2013, 11:54 AM
When the game was on the line inside the 10 yard line, Jensen executed and scored a TD (then the defense stepped up and blocked the game tying field goal). Huesman on the other hand was tackled almost as soon as he pulled the ball on the read play (where the wiser choice would probably have been an audible to motion the back to his right hip to pick up the extra blitzer and then a hot route to a receiver on that same side)

PaladinFan
August 13th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Nobody looks at the scorecard, just the final scoreboard. Huesman = Loser Jensen = Winner Stats mean nothing if you don't win the game. It's like you're calling your own QB the smartest kid on the short bus.

I could make a compelling argument that James Madison had no business beating Furman in 2004 (and going on to a national title) or that Furman had App State dead to rights in 2005 in the semis. In the end, who cares? They won, we didn't.

One of the largest (if not THE largest) criticisms of the Huseman regime is that his team does not close out games. You see it time and again. We can sit here all day and talk about how close UTC is to winning these games, but at the end of the day, they don't have the chutzpah to close out teams or claw back in the fourth quarter. Their defense surrenders leads and their offense can't overcome them. Maybe this year is different. Maybe it isn't.

bjtheflamesfan
August 13th, 2013, 12:47 PM
That was one of my major points in the beginning. three times in I think two seasons (App 2010, Citadel and Wofford 2011) They gave up second half leads and went on to lose and then on a couple other occasions (Id have to go back and look to be sure) they were down and couldnt get over the top (including the GaSou game last year that has been a major topic these last few pages)

Jazzman1522
August 13th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Every few hours or so, I'll pop in and see that this thread has grown by about 6 pages. I think it's become sentient.

God help us all.

smallcollegefbfan
August 13th, 2013, 01:12 PM
I would feel bad (slightly) if he didn't initiate 99.99% of the topics. He's a great tackling dummy xlolx

LOL

chattownmocs
August 13th, 2013, 01:18 PM
When the game was on the line inside the 10 yard line, Jensen executed and scored a TD (then the defense stepped up and blocked the game tying field goal). Huesman on the other hand was tackled almost as soon as he pulled the ball on the read play (where the wiser choice would probably have been an audible to motion the back to his right hip to pick up the extra blitzer and then a hot route to a receiver on that same side)

The game was on the line several times including on 4th down in the first overtime and Huesman made an unbelievable play then. You guys are either trolling really hard or you are just very simple minded when it comes to looking at football teams and players. when it comes to this team, it is leading you develop these terrible opinions and is going to leave you feeling really stupid when you are proven wrong.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 13th, 2013, 01:24 PM
The game was on the line several times including on 4th down in the first overtime and Huesman made an unbelievable play then. You guys are either trolling really hard or you are just very simple minded when it comes to looking at football teams and players. when it comes to this team, it is leading you develop these terrible opinions and is going to leave you feeling really stupid when you are proven wrong.

Brent Russell wishes it was Huesman under center during that 4th and 3 instead of Jensen.

chattownmocs
August 13th, 2013, 01:25 PM
I could make a compelling argument that James Madison had no business beating Furman in 2004 (and going on to a national title) or that Furman had App State dead to rights in 2005 in the semis. In the end, who cares? They won, we didn't.

One of the largest (if not THE largest) criticisms of the Huseman regime is that his team does not close out games. You see it time and again. We can sit here all day and talk about how close UTC is to winning these games, but at the end of the day, they don't have the chutzpah to close out teams or claw back in the fourth quarter. Their defense surrenders leads and their offense can't overcome them. Maybe this year is different. Maybe it isn't.

If that's the only way you can look at a football game, or team, or player. That's fine. But those things are in the past. Its when you try to get into more specific arguments and then fall back to who won the game when your points are disproved that those arguments become really weak.

The worst part is that your entire arguments for Chattanooga not having a big year is based on them losing games in some crazy fashion. That's not a very good spot to be in, especially when you have talked as much nonsense as so many people in this thread have.

chattownmocs
August 13th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Brent Russell wishes it was Huesman under center during that 4th and 3 instead of Jensen.

Huesman would have scored even more easily on that. It wasn't a great play by Jensen, it was a good play call.

pike51
August 13th, 2013, 01:29 PM
If that's the only way you can look at a football game, or team, or player. That's fine. But those things are in the past. Its when you try to get into more specific arguments and then fall back to who won the game when your points are disproved that those arguments become really weak.

The worst part is that your entire arguments for Chattanooga not having a big year is based on them losing games in some crazy fashion. That's not a very good spot to be in, especially when you have talked as much nonsense as so many people in this thread have.

The bold part is what is important, the rest doesn't matter. You either win or lose. This isn't horseshoes. You don't make the playoffs based on close calls. You make them based on wins and losses.

mountaineer in Cane Land
August 13th, 2013, 01:30 PM
I really thought they had us last year, up 10-0 in the first quarter, at Chatt, their defense was playing great, then, well, App started taking them seriously, and the rest of the game was history, App outscored them 34-7.

pike51
August 13th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Huesman would have scored even more easily on that. It wasn't a great play by Jensen, it was a good play call.

Except Huesman couldn't get his team to that game in order to be in that position so therefore, the point is moot. Good play call or bad play call, Huesman (and Chattanooga) didn't make the playoffs.

fmrbearkat
August 13th, 2013, 01:37 PM

Did you feel really stupid after the last 3 years when you predicted the that Chattanooga would win the SoCon??

NoDak 4 Ever
August 13th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Did you feel really stupid after the last 3 years when you predicted the that Chattanooga would win the SoCon??

Clearly not. Either a goldfish brain or just straight up delusional.

pike51
August 13th, 2013, 01:44 PM

But they did win because they almost beat App and almost beat GSU. I mean hey, they obviously outplayed both teams so therefore they are were the SoCon Champions. They got rings and everything!

chattownmocs
August 13th, 2013, 01:46 PM

It just takes a little higher intelligence to actually understand what has transpired. I picked us to win the last 2 years. Last year I said it would happen, everyone else said it couldn't happen. It didn't happen, but it almost did happen. I was actually a lot closer to reality than all of the idiots who acted like a concocted the wild theory out of nothing. So while you may here people saying we didn't win, that's fine, they are right. But don't believe the hype. Chattanooga is clearly, to anyone who wants to do some actual research, much closer to what I portray them as then what these other idiots portray them as.

PaladinFan
August 13th, 2013, 01:47 PM

You will have to excuse the rest of us that listened to this drivel about UTC last year too.

You, like a few others, talk in absolute maxims - the best, the strongest, the toughest, the fastest, etc. They aren't. That's impossible to know. "Clearly" they are this, or that. If you don't agree, you're an idiot.

I think most folks on here want to see UTC do well. There's not a soul on here that wants to hear about how a team cannot be beaten, and if they are beaten, it is a fluke. If UTC was as good as you say they are, they would win more games. That's reality. Sure, a play here or there may make the difference in winning a close game. It might be the difference in a 9-2 team and an 8-3 team. Luck does not make up the difference between 9-2 and 6-5. Talent and coaching does.

bjtheflamesfan
August 13th, 2013, 01:47 PM

The thing is that he didn't make the one play that mattered, and that was the 4th and 2 where he missed that read and got blown up by an untouched LB where if he sees that, he can make an audible to adjust to allow for that backer on the wide side and can make a play for the first down or the touchdown. Now, I can't and wont say what Jensen would have done in that situation because its not something that can be compared due to the number of variables that would have to be taken into account.

smallcollegefbfan
August 13th, 2013, 01:56 PM
If was on him, they never would have come close to getting there. If you are ignorant to actually believe that every one of your players is better than every one of ours because you won the national championship, and you won 6 games, I cant help that kind of stupidity.

Your point is true. Jensen is better than Huesman so I agree with him but we all know Tull is better than NDSU's ends and we know that UTC has some good players but more of NDSU's players are better than UTC's and all that matters is that NDSU makes the playoffs and wins while UTC still has to show it can win big games and just get in the playoffs before you can say half or most of your team is better. NDSU is not a one man show. They are good across the board. I'll guarantee you their backups last year would have beat UTC's backups to a pulp. They were a deep team. Some of the reason many of their players don't have gaudy numbers is because they play a lot of guys due to depth.

bjtheflamesfan
August 13th, 2013, 01:57 PM
It just takes a little higher intelligence to actually understand what has transpired. I picked us to win the last 2 years. Last year I said it would happen, everyone else said it couldn't happen. It didn't happen, but it almost did happen. I was actually a lot closer to reality than all of the idiots who acted like a concocted the wild theory out of nothing. So while you may here people saying we didn't win, that's fine, they are right. But don't believe the hype. Chattanooga is clearly, to anyone who wants to do some actual research, much closer to what I portray them as then what these other idiots portray them as.

The problem is that not only can you not make the assumption that if you change one or two or even three events that every event that is NOT changed will still occur. If UTC beats GaSou, what's to say that they dont lose some other conference game that they won last year. There are too many variables to consider. Yes it almost did happen, but at the end of the day, almost only counts in horshoes and hand grenades. Will UTC win the conference this year? Its possible but all we can do is speculate at this point, and based on their track record, its not looking good for the Mocs

smallcollegefbfan
August 13th, 2013, 02:01 PM

Nobody has said UTC sucks or is a bad team. They are a solid 6-5 or 7-4 caliber team but you made them appear to be the best team. Everyone here says they are what their record says they are. I will say that UTC is one of the best, 6-5 or 7-4 type teams I saw last year. I have no doubt they would beat the others like that but the problem is you made them appear to be a 10-1 type team and they weren't close to that. They probably should have been 8-3 based on talent but still they weren't the most talented in the SoCon. This year is a new time and I must say outside of Huesman being young UTC better win this year or it won't happen in 2014. Tull and Huesman are back, which will be key, but they lose Lott, Dothard, Wise, Key, Anthony, Revis, etc. The tight end and RBs will be back but I would say UTC either wins the SoCon this year or 2015 is likely their next shot when Huesman is a senior, unless a boat load of newcomers impress heavily this year.

Nobody has said UTC won't win a single game. I think everyone who has a brain expects you guys to go 3-0. You won't be 7-0 or 8-0 in my opinion, so if you are then you proved us all wrong but please wait until you are 5-0 or 6-0 before you start bragging. Your first loss should be Ga Southern and if it's not then you won at least one big game. UTM, Ga State, and Austin Peay are gimme games. If you are 3-0 and winning by an average of 24 points it won't mean a thing. If you can win game four then you will have taken one step in the direction of becoming a top 3 team in the SoCon and beaten one half of the power juggernaut duo at the top. After Ga Southern I expect you to win the next 3 games but the gauntlet starts Oct 26th with Citadel, then App State at The Rock, Wofford, at Samford, and at Alabama.

Either way, we will find out this year. That's the beauty of all of this because UTC will have their shot. No excuses. I don't care what happens. UTC either wins the SoCon or they don't and you are on record saying they will. You will be right or wrong. Season starts soon. Let's see what happens.

ASUMountaineer
August 13th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Wrong, Tebow is mini-Huesman. Tebow is only well known because he never had to play against the Chattanooga defense.

Damn, you're right walliver. Thanks for setting me straight...it won't happen again.

ASUMountaineer
August 13th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Yes he was not on the list when I just cut and pasted it from ESPN but it's good to see him get another shot. I think him, Kimbrough, Presley, Smith, and McCray all make the team depending on how well they do. I would think Fletcher, LeGree, and Sanders are definitely going to get cut. LeGree is talented enough, proven by all the shots he gets, but for some reason he just seems to not do well in practice. It's apparent from what I'm seeing that Cadet, Edwards, Quick, Kilgore, Hunter, and Martin will make their 53 man rosters for sure.

I agree on all of those, with a possible exception of Kimbrough with his injury. Any chance they could stash him on the PS while he heals (not sure of the rules re: practice squads)?

ASUMountaineer
August 13th, 2013, 03:32 PM

xlolx Please, show us what Huesman did to pull off that moral victory.

BisonFan02
August 13th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Your point is true. Jensen is better than Huesman so I agree with him but we all know Tull is better than NDSU's ends and we know that UTC has some good players but more of NDSU's players are better than UTC's and all that matters is that NDSU makes the playoffs and wins while UTC still has to show it can win big games and just get in the playoffs before you can say half or most of your team is better. NDSU is not a one man show. They are good across the board. I'll guarantee you their backups last year would have beat UTC's backups to a pulp. They were a deep team. Some of the reason many of their players don't have gaudy numbers is because they play a lot of guys due to depth.

I would take the NDSU D's backups/two deep against quite a few first team offenses out there (LB would be thin, but it would be interesting to watch).

chattownmocs
August 13th, 2013, 06:43 PM
The problem is that not only can you not make the assumption that if you change one or two or even three events that every event that is NOT changed will still occur. If UTC beats GaSou, what's to say that they dont lose some other conference game that they won last year. There are too many variables to consider. Yes it almost did happen, but at the end of the day, almost only counts in horshoes and hand grenades. Will UTC win the conference this year? Its possible but all we can do is speculate at this point, and based on their track record, its not looking good for the Mocs

They are one of the biggest favorites in any conference in the country. There is really only one other realistic possibility and that is Wofford and they are depleted.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 13th, 2013, 06:59 PM
They are one of the biggest favorites in any conference in the country. There is really only one other realistic possibility and that is Wofford and they are depleted.

Yep, you guys and Lehigh. For a lot of the same reasons.

chattownmocs
August 13th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Nobody has said UTC sucks or is a bad team. They are a solid 6-5 or 7-4 caliber team but you made them appear to be the best team. Everyone here says they are what their record says they are. I will say that UTC is one of the best, 6-5 or 7-4 type teams I saw last year. I have no doubt they would beat the others like that but the problem is you made them appear to be a 10-1 type team and they weren't close to that. They probably should have been 8-3 based on talent but still they weren't the most talented in the SoCon. This year is a new time and I must say outside of Huesman being young UTC better win this year or it won't happen in 2014. Tull and Huesman are back, which will be key, but they lose Lott, Dothard, Wise, Key, Anthony, Revis, etc. The tight end and RBs will be back but I would say UTC either wins the SoCon this year or 2015 is likely their next shot when Huesman is a senior, unless a boat load of newcomers impress heavily this year.

Nobody has said UTC won't win a single game. I think everyone who has a brain expects you guys to go 3-0. You won't be 7-0 or 8-0 in my opinion, so if you are then you proved us all wrong but please wait until you are 5-0 or 6-0 before you start bragging. Your first loss should be Ga Southern and if it's not then you won at least one big game. UTM, Ga State, and Austin Peay are gimme games. If you are 3-0 and winning by an average of 24 points it won't mean a thing. If you can win game four then you will have taken one step in the direction of becoming a top 3 team in the SoCon and beaten one half of the power juggernaut duo at the top. After Ga Southern I expect you to win the next 3 games but the gauntlet starts Oct 26th with Citadel, then App State at The Rock, Wofford, at Samford, and at Alabama.

Either way, we will find out this year. That's the beauty of all of this because UTC will have their shot. No excuses. I don't care what happens. UTC either wins the SoCon or they don't and you are on record saying they will. You will be right or wrong. Season starts soon. Let's see what happens.

They don't have a record this year. They are 0-0 just like everyone else. Teams improve and decrease the previous years record all of the time. Asfar as the past, that is your opinion. There is some merit to the "you are what our record says you are" cliché. However to act like this team is just another .500 caliber team is garbage. How many teams across the country (let alone teams around .500) have been tied or had a lead in 29 of 30 FCS games over the last 3 seasons? That's not normal. .500 teams usually win some games big, lose some games big, win and lose some close games. That's not the story with Chattanooga at all. At the very least, you can pretty much guarantee that this team is going to be absolutely right there when the 4th quarter comes around. Unfortunately when they don't roll they have lost the close games more than they have won. They, haven't lost all of them, but usually when they win they win big.

Find me a team in FCS history that has went 3-5 like Chattanooga did in 2011 in the SOCON, and lost those games by a total of 12 points? That's not normal. That is very very strange.

As far as this year goes, teams have breakout years all the time. They should be better offensively and defensively.

As far as after this year, The whole offense will be back except a few lineman. The defensive line will be beastly again. The back 7 will need to fill some wholes but its not going to be a major problems. Chattanooga is in position to dominate the Southern conference for several years to come.

chattownmocs
August 13th, 2013, 07:12 PM
As far your comments about this year, honestly I laughed hard. UTM is a gimme but The Citadel is a gauntlet game? Absurd

Apphole
August 13th, 2013, 07:12 PM

Sammy and Citadel have as high a chance of winning rings as Chatty. I'd put Wofford at 3 or 4 among eligible contenders.

chattownmocs
August 13th, 2013, 07:15 PM
Yep, you guys and Lehigh. For a lot of the same reasons.

Im not sold on the MVFC to be honest. I think you guys struggled so much at hoke llast year because you aren't quite as great as you claim to be, not because that conference is murderer's row.

chattownmocs
August 13th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Sammy and Citadel have as high a chance of winning rings as Chatty. I'd put Wofford at 3 or 4 among eligible contenders.

No they don't. The Citadel is not a good football team at all. What was good about Samford is their defense. It is depleted. Even if it was entirely back they still wouldn't have an equal chance.

Apphole
August 13th, 2013, 07:19 PM
No they don't. The Citadel is not a good football team at all. What was good about Samford is their defense. It is depleted. Even if it was entirely back they still wouldn't have an equal chance.

And Chatty's bright spot is defense. The Moc's offense is ****. Every team has strong and weak points. FTR, Samford looked MUCH stronger against App than Chatty did. Obviously so did the Cadets.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 13th, 2013, 07:20 PM
Im not sold on the MVFC to be honest. I think you guys struggled so much at hoke llast year because you aren't quite as great as you claim to be, not because that conference is murderer's row.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f170/annefranks/ralph.jpg

NoDak 4 Ever
August 13th, 2013, 07:21 PM
You gotta say this. He's certainly going to get his post count up this year while he still can before he disappears for the season.

GATA
August 13th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Two names that will be big time are Huggins and Crockett. I still think Govan moves to D.

I'm willing to be that Irving Huggins and Montay Crockett don't have 25 touches between them all season.

Bison56
August 13th, 2013, 08:24 PM
This thread always brightens my day its too bad once we get into the season he may vanish.

smallcollegefbfan
August 13th, 2013, 08:58 PM
As far your comments about this year, honestly I laughed hard. UTM is a gimme but The Citadel is a gauntlet game? Absurd

Citadel is a good team who is a conference opponent. It's the start of the schedule getting harder that's why I included them. They aren't a gimme for you. Citadel should be a close game. If you beat them by 17 or more then I will definitely say UTC is better than a 6-5 type team, unless Citadel isn't as good as they should be.

And yes UTM is a gimme. You should beat them by 20 or so for sure. With that said they do have two good players in WR Jeremy Butler and LB Ben Johnson. I am not as high on Johnson but Butler will be a good test for Wise. If he can shut him down then he will have done something few can claim.

Chattanooga may be in place to dominate the SoCon for years to come but you have been saying this for two years. It's time they start winning. The only reason any one team, not App or GSU, is going to dominate that league is because the two best teams are leaving it. 9 national titles are leaving the conference with just 1 team left who has a national championship so the league is losing their two best teams.

smallcollegefbfan
August 13th, 2013, 09:01 PM

Citadel isn't a great team but they aren't a gimme. They were inconsistent last year. Maybe they had a bad game against you guys but they are not bad. Samford good only because of defense? They are just like you guys. Very good defense and subpar offense. Huesman is a little bit better than Summerlin but not by much.

Look at the numbers, they were pretty close. Summerlin was better in everything except the TD-INT ratio and that was very close.

PASSING AVG/GAME Cl G Comp-Att-Int Pct. Yards TD Long Avg/G
1. Thomas Wilson-ELON SR 11 248 - 379 - 10 65.4 3149 25 75 286.3
2. Jamal Jackson-APP JR 12 268 - 406 - 8 66.0 3278 21 69 273.2
3. Andy Summerlin-SAM SR 11 244 - 365 - 6 66.8 2269 10 82 206.3
4. Reese Hannon-FUR FR 10 160 - 260 - 8 61.5 1896 7 70 189.6
5. Jacob Huesman-UTC FR 11 167 - 256 - 5 65.2 1712 13 67 155.6

Oh and here is the link to show you what I just said is a FACT :)

http://www.soconsports.com/fls/4000/socon/stats/football/2012/confldrs.htm#conf.wi2

Bisonoline
August 13th, 2013, 09:09 PM

?????????????????????

bjtheflamesfan
August 13th, 2013, 09:13 PM
He meant home...other than that I have no idea what is going on in that mind of his...how someone can act that way and not be high on something baffles me

chattownmocs
August 13th, 2013, 09:17 PM
?????????????????????

Home

chattownmocs
August 13th, 2013, 09:27 PM
Im certainly far from convinced that the Citadel is any better than UT-Martin. As far as Stanford goes, they have a decent team. They are a lot like us, they just aren't as good as us and they don't match up well offensive with our defense. So if they don't beat us, its going to be very difficult for them to finish ahead of us.

CID1990
August 13th, 2013, 09:39 PM
And Chatty's bright spot is defense. The Moc's offense is ****. Every team has strong and weak points. FTR, Samford looked MUCH stronger against App than Chatty did. Obviously so did the Cadets.

You meant to say that Samford, Chattanooga, Furman, Wofford, Elon, WCU and even Charleston Southern looked stronger against the Cadets than Appy State.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 13th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Home

the typo was the least dumb thing about that statement.

SU DOG
August 13th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Im certainly far from convinced that the Citadel is any better than UT-Martin. As far as Stanford goes, they have a decent team. They are a lot like us, they just aren't as good as us and they don't match up well offensive with our defense. So if they don't beat us, its going to be very difficult for them to finish ahead of us.
I really think that STANFORD is probably lots better than UTC. LOL

SU DOG
August 13th, 2013, 09:46 PM

Our defense is depleted??? xlolxxstfuxxstfux If you only knew - and you WILL.

Jazzman1522
August 14th, 2013, 12:07 AM
I really think that STANFORD is probably lots better than UTC. LOL

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he meant Stanford.

pike51
August 14th, 2013, 06:51 AM
In the morning when I wake up and feel like crap, I visit this thread and immediately feel better!

PaladinFan
August 14th, 2013, 07:35 AM
They don't have a record this year. They are 0-0 just like everyone else. Teams improve and decrease the previous years record all of the time. Asfar as the past, that is your opinion. There is some merit to the "you are what our record says you are" cliché. However to act like this team is just another .500 caliber team is garbage. How many teams across the country (let alone teams around .500) have been tied or had a lead in 29 of 30 FCS games over the last 3 seasons? That's not normal. .500 teams usually win some games big, lose some games big, win and lose some close games. That's not the story with Chattanooga at all. At the very least, you can pretty much guarantee that this team is going to be absolutely right there when the 4th quarter comes around. Unfortunately when they don't roll they have lost the close games more than they have won. They, haven't lost all of them, but usually when they win they win big.

Find me a team in FCS history that has went 3-5 like Chattanooga did in 2011 in the SOCON, and lost those games by a total of 12 points? That's not normal. That is very very strange.

As far as this year goes, teams have breakout years all the time. They should be better offensively and defensively.

As far as after this year, The whole offense will be back except a few lineman. The defensive line will be beastly again. The back 7 will need to fill some wholes but its not going to be a major problems. Chattanooga is in position to dominate the Southern conference for several years to come.

It's not as abnormal as you might suggest. Furman lost 4 games last season by a combined 13 points. Could we have won all four? Probably. Would have made us a playoff team. We didn't close the deal and get it done. Nothing left to talk about.

ASUMountaineer
August 14th, 2013, 08:24 AM

This thread just keeps giving. xlolx

chattownmocs
August 14th, 2013, 08:24 AM
It's not as abnormal as you might suggest. Furman lost 4 games last season by a combined 13 points. Could we have won all four? Probably. Would have made us a playoff team. We didn't close the deal and get it done. Nothing left to talk about.

You also got beat big. I'm talking about every game. Not a lot of games, not a few games. Every FCS game.

pike51
August 14th, 2013, 08:33 AM
It has been determined that the quality of posts in this thread is directly proportional to the amount and quality of crack Chattown smokes daily.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 14th, 2013, 08:38 AM
How many teams across the country (let alone teams around .500) have been tied or had a lead in 29 of 30 FCS games over the last 3 seasons?

I know a team that WON 28 out of 30 games in 2 years. But they were nothing special....right?

CID1990
August 14th, 2013, 08:43 AM
I know a team that WON 28 out of 30 games in 2 years. But they were nothing special....right?

Yeah I was going to say that's the difference between a natty champ and a SoCon also-ran.

pike51
August 14th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Only stat that matters:

2012 - 6 Wins 5 Losses
2011 - 5 Wins 6 Losses
2010 - 6 Wins 5 Losses
2009 - 6 Wins 5 Losses
2008 - 1 Win 11 Losses

I would go on but you get the point. The last time UTC won more than 6 games in a season was 1997. Gotta go back to 1980 to find an 8 win team. The last time they finished a season ranked in the top 25 was 1984 (17th). They have an all-time losing record of 495-506-34 going back to 1899.

But hey, they hosted 14 national championship games and were so close to winning countless regular season games. That's damn impressive!

NoDak 4 Ever
August 14th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Yeah I was going to say that's the difference between a natty champ and a SoCon also-ran.

When you lower the bar, you'll always feel better in chatty.

SpeedkingATL
August 14th, 2013, 08:56 AM
The best thing about the UTC program is the "Honey Mocs". The are consistently very good!

813Jag
August 14th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Only stat that matters:

2012 - 6 Wins 5 Losses
2011 - 5 Wins 6 Losses
2010 - 6 Wins 5 Losses
2009 - 6 Wins 5 Losses
2008 - 1 Win 11 Losses

I would go on but you get the point. The last time UTC won more than 6 games in a season was 1997. Gotta go back to 1980 to find an 8 win team. The last time they finished a season ranked in the top 25 was 1984 (17th). They have an all-time losing record of 495-506-34 going back to 1899.

But hey, they hosted 14 national championship games and were so close to winning countless regular season games. That's damn impressive!
no what matters is how many of those losses were almost wins, I really think that's how your record should be. Wins, Almost Wins, and Fluke Losses.

See last year my team was 4-7, but with this expaned record our record was 4-5 (two 1 point losses, 1 last second td loss, and a loss where we were leading headed into the 4th)-2 (we would have comeback in these games but the clock ran out)

813Jag
August 14th, 2013, 09:35 AM
The best thing about the UTC program is the "Honey Mocs". The are consistently very good!
pics please

smallcollegefbfan
August 14th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Only stat that matters:

2012 - 6 Wins 5 Losses
2011 - 5 Wins 6 Losses
2010 - 6 Wins 5 Losses
2009 - 6 Wins 5 Losses
2008 - 1 Win 11 Losses

Exactly. Almost only counts in horseshoes and grenades. In football, the only stat that matters is the win/loss record when talking about a football team.

It's like when he argued that because NFL.com had BJ Coleman as an elite player and said he would be a 4th round pick but I kept saying 7th round at best and he went late in the 7th. Chattown wanted to argue that I was still wrong because NFL.com had him rated in the mid rounds but the fact was that he went right where I projected he would go. Who was right? The person who got the final result right or the opinion of someone who got it wrong? Bottom line is that I would have been wrong had he gone in the 4th round but he did not. Same with him. He makes claims but bottom line is that they have not won the SoCon and are just a middle of the pack SoCon team to this point.

Will UTC win the SoCon this year? All I can say is that right now they are even with everyone but we have to play the games and we will find out very soon if they will win. This is the third straight year though. Everyone says third time is the charm. Maybe UTC will win it this year. One thing is certain, they have the defense to do it. It's all up to coaching and QB play. If those two factors click then they will be very good but if they don't UTC will win no more than 7 or 8 games.

pike51
August 14th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Oh, I almost forgot...

GUESS WHAT DAY IT IS!?!?!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/p480x480/993668_10151770075534648_1974694995_n.jpg

NoDak 4 Ever
August 14th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Exactly. Almost only counts in horseshoes and grenades. In football, the only stat that matters is the win/loss record when talking about a football team.

It's like when he argued that because NFL.com had BJ Coleman as an elite player and said he would be a 4th round pick but I kept saying 7th round at best and he went late in the 7th. Chattown wanted to argue that I was still wrong because NFL.com had him rated in the mid rounds but the fact was that he went right where I projected he would go. Who was right? The person who got the final result right or the opinion of someone who got it wrong? Bottom line is that I would have been wrong had he gone in the 4th round but he did not. Same with him. He makes claims but bottom line is that they have not won the SoCon and are just a middle of the pack SoCon team to this point.

Will UTC win the SoCon this year? All I can say is that right now they are even with everyone but we have to play the games and we will find out very soon if they will win. This is the third straight year though. Everyone says third time is the charm. Maybe UTC will win it this year. One thing is certain, they have the defense to do it. It's all up to coaching and QB play. If those two factors click then they will be very good but if they don't UTC will win no more than 7 or 8 games.

I'd even go so far as to say that UTC has a good chance of winning the SoCon, but only by default.

fmrbearkat
August 14th, 2013, 09:49 AM
You also got beat big. I'm talking about every game. Not a lot of games, not a few games. Every FCS game.

Riddle me this. If what PaladianFan says is true and they only lost 4 games by a combined 13 points (thats 3.25 ppg) then how did they get beat "Big" in "every FCS game" Where the hell is your logic coming from?

bjtheflamesfan
August 14th, 2013, 09:56 AM

What I bolded is the difference between UTC and NDSU. Champions win games. If UTC had won 29 of 30 FCS games then you might have an argument, but they have gone 5-4, 5-5 and 6-4 (first winning record in I-AA/FCS games since 2009) the last three seasons and 16-13 isnt exactly a recipe for FCS greatness in any book the way I see it

NoDak 4 Ever
August 14th, 2013, 10:00 AM
What I bolded is the difference between UTC and NDSU. Champions win games. If UTC had won 29 of 30 FCS games then you might have an argument, but they have gone 5-4, 5-5 and 6-4 (first winning record in I-AA/FCS games since 2009) the last three seasons and 16-13 isnt exactly a recipe for FCS greatness in any book the way I see it

Funny part of that. NDSU actually tied or held a lead in 30 of 30 of those games. Wow, moral victories look really good!

I get it now.

bjtheflamesfan
August 14th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Riddle me this. If what PaladianFan says is true and they only lost 4 games by a combined 13 points (thats 3.25 ppg) then how did they get beat "Big" in "every FCS game" Where the hell is your logic coming from?
As a stat hound, Ive come to the basic definition that to be beaten "big" you have to lose by 21 points or more (that's three TDs with PAT). By that definition, Furman did not get "beat big" in every FCS game...they only did in 3 games last year: UTC (21), The Citadel (22) and GaSou (21). According to Furman's stats from last year, the margins for the remaining 7 FCS games were (in order): -3, -2, +10, +21, -3, +14 and -5. The only other game where they were "beaten big" was against eventual ACC Atlantic Division runner up Clemson (-34)

smallcollegefbfan
August 14th, 2013, 10:06 AM
I'd even go so far as to say that UTC has a good chance of winning the SoCon, but only by default.

Same here. The only way you can say they are the true champs is if they beat GSU and App both or at least have a better league record than those two as well if you count those games. The SoCon champ will always have that asterisk in the eyes of most this year if they beat everyone else but get beat by App and GSU. It will be considered a default win otherwise.

813Jag
August 14th, 2013, 10:08 AM
As a stat hound, Ive come to the basic definition that to be beaten "big" you have to lose by 21 points or more (that's three TDs with PAT). By that definition, Furman did not get "beat big" in every FCS game...they only did in 3 games last year: UTC (21), The Citadel (22) and GaSou (21). According to Furman's stats from last year, the margins for the remaining 7 FCS games were (in order): -3, -2, +10, +21, -3, +14 and -5. The only other game where they were "beaten big" was against eventual ACC Champion Clemson (-34)
?????

813Jag
August 14th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Same here. The only way you can say they are the true champs is if they beat GSU and App both or at least have a better league record than those two as well if you count those games. The SoCon champ will always have that asterisk in the eyes of most this year if they beat everyone else but get beat by App and GSU. It will be considered a default win otherwise.
I totally agree, if someone is to step up to take charge of the league, they have to knock off the big dogs before they leave.

bjtheflamesfan
August 14th, 2013, 10:15 AM
?????

FBS team...and I will make the necessary correction

PaladinFan
August 14th, 2013, 10:24 AM

I only speak truths. :)

Lost by 3 to Wofford, 2 to Coastal, 5 to App State, and 3 to Samford. Furman did lose by a couple of touchdowns several times.

Chattown's distinction is a narrow one. His position is that UTC is either wins or has the lead/tied in every FCS game. Obviously, there are four quarters in a football game. But, more or less, UTC could have won all of the games they've played the last several seasons because they either had the lead or were tied.

For example, UTC lost to App State 34-17. Well, they were tied after three quarters. That supports Chattown's point of "every FCS game" is close. It also ignores that App scored 24 points in the fourth quarter to blow the doors off. It is equally unimpressive for me to note that Furman led Georgia Southern in the 3rd quarter before surrendering 4 more scores.

Take the Furman game in 2011. UTC was terrible all game offensively (Furman wasn't much better). Furman led 6-0 much of the contest, and UTC took the lead late in the fourth with a touchdown. Furman stormed right back the next possession and took the lead back (and the game). Who is impressed that UTC tied or had the lead in that game? They trailed for all of about 2 minutes out of 2 and a half hours.

Eaglesrus
August 14th, 2013, 10:55 AM
I wish that all of you guys would stop cluttering up this thread and just let chattown share his wisdom with us. I'm sure that we would all be better for it.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 14th, 2013, 10:57 AM
I wish that all of you guys would stop cluttering up this thread and just let chattown share his wisdom with us. I'm sure that we would all be better for it.

Well we have to fill in the spaces while he's handling the lunch rush. Those cold cut combos aren't going to make themselves.

Rekdiver
August 14th, 2013, 11:29 AM
I'm gonna miss youy guys! Being a UTC fan has to be like pulling for the Chicago Cubs....every year they are going to win the pennant.

chattownmocs
August 14th, 2013, 11:39 AM

I didn't say every game. I said they "also got beat big" by us. the 2011 Chattanooga team was never beaten big by an FCS team. Those 5 losses by 12 points were all their losses. So for comparisons sake, 2011 Chattanooga lost 5 games in the SOCON by 12 points. 2012 Furman lost 6 games by 55 points. How the hell is that anything close to an apt comparison?

chattownmocs
August 14th, 2013, 11:42 AM
I only speak truths. :)

Lost by 3 to Wofford, 2 to Coastal, 5 to App State, and 3 to Samford. Furman did lose by a couple of touchdowns several times.

Chattown's distinction is a narrow one. His position is that UTC is either wins or has the lead/tied in every FCS game. Obviously, there are four quarters in a football game. But, more or less, UTC could have won all of the games they've played the last several seasons because they either had the lead or were tied.

For example, UTC lost to App State 34-17. Well, they were tied after three quarters. That supports Chattown's point of "every FCS game" is close. It also ignores that App scored 24 points in the fourth quarter to blow the doors off. It is equally unimpressive for me to note that Furman led Georgia Southern in the 3rd quarter before surrendering 4 more scores.

Take the Furman game in 2011. UTC was terrible all game offensively (Furman wasn't much better). Furman led 6-0 much of the contest, and UTC took the lead late in the fourth with a touchdown. Furman stormed right back the next possession and took the lead back (and the game). Who is impressed that UTC tied or had the lead in that game? They trailed for all of about 2 minutes out of 2 and a half hours.

Honestly, it was pretty pathetic that Furman needed a score late to win the game considering the circumstances.

chattownmocs
August 14th, 2013, 11:44 AM
If people want to be delusional that is fine. You will not be laughing when the season is over. Even now, you aren't coming up with good material. You are getting destroyed in the arguments and reverting back to lame ass attempts at trash talk that fall far short of anything resembling funny.

Southern Bison
August 14th, 2013, 11:54 AM
If people want to be delusional that is fine. You will not be laughing when the season is over. Even now, you aren't coming up with good material. You are getting destroyed in the arguments and reverting back to lame ass attempts at trash talk that fall far short of anything resembling funny.

You won't even be HERE when the season is over! You'll be back in your bunker like Creamin' Beagle and Nickels might make an appearance a week or two after you're gone.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 14th, 2013, 11:59 AM
You won't even be HERE when the season is over! You'll be back in your bunker like Creamin' Beagle and Nickels might make an appearance a week or two after you're gone.

It's completely understandable if he thinks the season ends before Thanksgiving.

PaladinFan
August 14th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Honestly, it was pretty pathetic that Furman needed a score late to win the game considering the circumstances.

I'm not even sure how to respond to that. UTC's offense was as bad as any offense I've ever seen in the SoCon that day. If the "circumstances" were that UTC could not move the football at all, then yes, the circumstances resulted in a Furman win.

chattownmocs
August 14th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Robinson aka Silk, still pulling double duty.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/23098436/robinson-still-pulling-doubly-duty-for-mocs-offense

PaladinFan
August 14th, 2013, 12:03 PM

You will excuse us if we've heard this before. This is now, what, the third year you've said the exact same thing?

This may be your year. Even the blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

chattownmocs
August 14th, 2013, 12:09 PM
I'm not even sure how to respond to that. UTC's offense was as bad as any offense I've ever seen in the SoCon that day. If the "circumstances" were that UTC could not move the football at all, then yes, the circumstances resulted in a Furman win.

Exactly. No BJ Coleman and you still barely won.

chattownmocs
August 14th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Mocs beat writer John Frierson on last nights practice:

Tweet from John Frierson...

In a lot of ways tonight’s practice was the best I’ve seen in six-plus years covering the Mocs. Energy, enthusiasm, athleticism. Impressive.

chattownmocs
August 14th, 2013, 12:15 PM
The nation's all time leading prep pass catcher is turning heads at Chattanooga

http://www.wbir.com/rss/article/284353/5/Howell-impressing-coaches-at-UT-Chattanooga?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

smallcollegefbfan
August 14th, 2013, 12:17 PM
The nation's all time leading prep pass catcher is turning heads at Chattanooga

http://www.wbir.com/rss/article/284353/5/Howell-impressing-coaches-at-UT-Chattanooga?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Show me a link where Howell is the all-time leading high school pass catcher. I have not heard that one and why is he at the FCS level? Usually, players who set records like that are 4 or 5 star recruits and only end up here if they are a FBS transfer.

813Jag
August 14th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Show me a link where Howell is the all-time leading high school pass catcher. I have not heard that one and why is he at the FCS level? Usually, players who set records like that are 4 or 5 star recruits and only end up here if they are a FBS transfer.
I hate to do this, but here's a link:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/tennessee-wr-davis-howell-sets-national-career-receptions-165305692.html

chattownmocs
August 14th, 2013, 12:19 PM

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2012/nov/30/caks-davis-howell-used-doubters-as-motivation-to/

And he did it with a broken hand.

Why is he here? not very fast, not very athletic. All he does is run beautiful routes and catch passes.

smallcollegefbfan
August 14th, 2013, 12:22 PM
I didn't say every game. I said they "also got beat big" by us. the 2011 Chattanooga team was never beaten big by an FCS team. Those 5 losses by 12 points were all their losses. So for comparisons sake, 2011 Chattanooga lost 5 games in the SOCON by 12 points. 2012 Furman lost 6 games by 55 points. How the hell is that anything close to an apt comparison?

I think that is everyone's point. You guys are losing close games. Close only counts in horseshoes and grenades. To be a champion you must win the close games. Champions are made because they win games. Chattanooga has the talent, on paper, to be a title contender but paper doesn't matter. What matters is the win/loss record.

Furman has definitely dipped and has not been what they use to be. To be honest, this is the perfect storm for a new team to take over. Furman has been down, App and GSU leaving, and lots of changes in the league so a team like Wofford or UTC has a shot to really step out and become the champ and be a top 10 type team. Wofford has done it before so I think most would project they take over but UTC has no excuse to not beat Wofford because UTC should be more attractive to recruits and they aren't as hard academically as Furman or Wofford. To be truthful, the best team in the SoCon with App and GSU leaving should be UTC. Only time will tell if they are.

Bottom line is that there are no excuses this year. This is your year as you said. Chattanooga either wins the SoCon or at least makes the playoffs and comes in 2nd, with a win or two in the playoffs, or else this is a total bust for you guys and means this program has not changed. This is the year to change how you finish games and we really begin to find out if that is the case starting on September 28th. That's why I love college football. All this talk from you, me and everyone else means NOTHING and the results on the field are the only thing that matters.

smallcollegefbfan
August 14th, 2013, 12:25 PM
http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2012/nov/30/caks-davis-howell-used-doubters-as-motivation-to/

And he did it with a broken hand.

Why is he here? not very fast, not very athletic. All he does is run beautiful routes and catch passes.

I thought you were talking about yards not receptions. I was going to say that I was under the impression a kid from Texas or Florida had the yardage mark.

Either way, it's impressive but what was his yards per catch in high school? Did he average 5-9 yards or did he make big plays and average 15 or more? If he averaged more than 14 or 15 I'm really impressed by that.

Looks like he should be All-SoCon this year or next year then. I don't put much stock in high school records because most record holders don't pan out, they are products of a system, but still a good catch for a FCS program to get one. 3A ball is not big time football but still pretty solid to do that, especially with a broken hand.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 14th, 2013, 12:26 PM
I think that is everyone's point. You guys are losing close games. Close only counts in horseshoes and grenades. To be a champion you must win the close games. Champions are made because they win games. Chattanooga has the talent, on paper, to be a title contender but paper doesn't matter. What matters is the win/loss record so you definitely have to stop losing the close games. Furman has definitely dipped and has not been what they use to be. To be honest, this is the perfect storm for a new team to take over. Furman has been down, App and GSU leaving, and lots of changes in the league so a team like Wofford or UTC has a shot to really step out and become the champ and be a top 10 type team.

Bottom line is that there are no excuses this year. This is your year as you said. Chattanooga either wins the SoCon or at least makes the playoffs and comes in 2nd, with a win or two in the playoffs, or else this is a total bust for you guys and means this program has not changed. This is the year to change how you finish games and we really begin to find out if that is the case starting on September 28th. That's why I love college football. All this talk from you, me and everyone else means NOTHING and the results on the field are the only thing that matters.

This.

On my earlier post about Brock Jensen. NDSU was down and needed to convert on that 4th down or the season would be over.

I don't care who you think was responsible for that, they did it.

ASUMountaineer
August 14th, 2013, 12:37 PM

xlolx

ASUMountaineer
August 14th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Robinson aka Silk, still pulling double duty.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/23098436/robinson-still-pulling-doubly-duty-for-mocs-offense

Stupid coach.

chattownmocs
August 14th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Stupid coach.

Yeah, right up until the starting QB goes down.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 14th, 2013, 12:39 PM
xlolx

It's like in the movie Rounders. If you sit at a table and can't find the mark.....you're the mark.

ASUMountaineer
August 14th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Yeah, right up until the starting QB goes down.

Recruit better. Stupid coach.

ASUMountaineer
August 14th, 2013, 12:50 PM
It's like in the movie Rounders. If you sit at a table and can't find the mark.....you're the mark.

xnodx

Southern Bison
August 14th, 2013, 12:56 PM
I think that is everyone's point. You guys are losing close games. Close only counts in horseshoes and grenades. To be a champion you must win the close games. Champions are made because they win games. Chattanooga has the talent, on paper, to be a title contender but paper doesn't matter. What matters is the win/loss record.

Furman has definitely dipped and has not been what they use to be. To be honest, this is the perfect storm for a new team to take over. Furman has been down, App and GSU leaving, and lots of changes in the league so a team like Wofford or UTC has a shot to really step out and become the champ and be a top 10 type team. Wofford has done it before so I think most would project they take over but UTC has no excuse to not beat Wofford because UTC should be more attractive to recruits and they aren't as hard academically as Furman or Wofford. To be truthful, the best team in the SoCon with App and GSU leaving should be UTC. Only time will tell if they are.

You forgot about the best one, slow dancing!

Laker
August 14th, 2013, 01:02 PM
You forgot about the best one, slow dancing!xthumbsupx

I always included drive in movies, too!

PaladinFan
August 14th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Exactly. No BJ Coleman and you still barely won.

UTC didn't win games with BJ Coleman in the game either. Coleman had already been out a few weeks, and the touchdown machine Terrell Robinson was at quarterback. He was abysmal.

pike51
August 14th, 2013, 01:07 PM

I didn't do that and I really haven't seen anyone else do that... I (we) presented you with facts. Win/Loss records to be exact. You talk about how "close" UTC was to winning and how great that makes your players and team and then downplay another team who actually won games? Put down the pipe and call for some help! Close matters absolutely dick! Almost means NOTHING!! You lost those games and your current coach has a defined history of losing close games. That's FACT, not trash talk. Pull your head out of your ass and find a way to dispute your win/loss record with FACTS. You can't do it because it's impossible to dispute facts.

And that's the fact jack!

ASUMountaineer
August 14th, 2013, 01:38 PM
I didn't do that and I really haven't seen anyone else do that... I (we) presented you with facts. Win/Loss records to be exact. You talk about how "close" UTC was to winning and how great that makes your players and team and then downplay another team who actually won games? Put down the pipe and call for some help! Close matters absolutely dick! Almost means NOTHING!! You lost those games and your current coach has a defined history of losing close games. That's FACT, not trash talk. Pull your head out of your ass and find a way to dispute your win/loss record with FACTS. You can't do it because it's impossible to dispute facts.

Chattown just defeated you, and it wasn't a moral victory. xlolx

Southern Bison
August 14th, 2013, 01:40 PM
xthumbsupx

I always included drive in movies, too!

We're not THAT old! :D

chattownmocs
August 14th, 2013, 01:57 PM

Actually all of you try to get into these arguments with me, you get destroyed, and then you fall back to these "facts" of win/loss record. Win/loss record doesn't have any more of an impact on what is about to happen than anything else. As a matter of fact, it wouldn't make it significantly more likely that they win big this year, if they actually won big last year. I'm not bragging about coming close. I'm making a very specific case as to why this team is very capable of winning huge. This team has proven time and time again that they can and will play with anyone, and everyone, in the country, each and every time. They aren't going to go backwards from this point. The only place to go is up. They may stay at the same level and continue to blow games, far more likely that they will begin to dominate.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 14th, 2013, 02:05 PM
If by destroyed you mean we cannot penetrate your delusions. then yes, we get destroyed.

Your team is not terrible, they are average to slightly below. You are Idaho State.

Look at the records. You are almost exactly Idaho State.

813Jag
August 14th, 2013, 02:11 PM
I don't know how many of you remember the movie Kung Pow: Enter the Fist, but Chattown reminds me of Wimp Lo. Someone purposely trained him wrong xlolx

fmrbearkat
August 14th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Actually all of you try to get into these arguments with me, you get destroyed, and then you fall back to these "facts" of win/loss record. Win/loss record doesn't have any more of an impact on what is about to happen than anything else. As a matter of fact, it wouldn't make it significantly more likely that they win big this year, if they actually won big last year. I'm not bragging about coming close. I'm making a very specific case as to why this team is very capable of winning huge. This team has proven time and time again that they can and will play with anyone, and everyone, in the country, each and every time. They aren't going to go backwards from this point. The only place to go is up. They may stay at the same level and continue to blow games, far more likely that they will begin to dominate.

How about the fact that your all world qb only had 1700 yards passing! Hell Brian bell is not a great passer and he had more than that! Add that to y'all's record and its a good argument for any point you want to bring up except maybe the fact y'all have 2 pretty good DT's! Fact is Coleman will never sniff any all American team pre or post season and will never be mentiond in the same sentance as The Peyton Award except possibly by you. He is an average qb with average and below average players around him! Those are all facts!

chattownmocs
August 14th, 2013, 02:20 PM
How about the fact that your all world qb only had 1700 yards passing! Hell Brian bell is not a great passer and he had more than that! Add that to y'all's record and its a good argument for any point you want to bring up except maybe the fact y'all have 2 pretty good DT's! Fact is Coleman will never sniff any all American team pre or post season and will never be mentiond in the same sentance as The Peyton Award except possibly by you. He is an average qb with average and below average players around him! Those are all facts!

STFU

bjtheflamesfan
August 14th, 2013, 02:26 PM
STFU

You do know that all you do is make yourself look like an immature brat when you say this right?

chattownmocs
August 14th, 2013, 02:28 PM
You do know that all you do is make yourself look like an immature brat when you say this right?

This is what I should say to you when you get your facts so completely backwards.

cmaxwellgsu
August 14th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Only 45 days until we're 23-4 against UTC.....xcoffeex

bjtheflamesfan
August 14th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Actually even when people get their facts wrong there are probably better things to say because all you do is give up any and all moral high ground you may have gained in your supposed correctness when you revert to namecalling, cursing or euphemisms to cover up said cursing

Laker
August 14th, 2013, 02:33 PM

http://indiereader.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/honey-boo-boo-2.jpg

ASUMountaineer
August 14th, 2013, 02:37 PM

Um...BJ Coleman is on the Packers, and graduated from UTC in 2011. xeyebrowx

NoDak 4 Ever
August 14th, 2013, 02:41 PM

I can't believe we got to the end of the conversation so easily.

PaladinFan
August 14th, 2013, 02:47 PM

You're getting there. Every team is capable. Where you manage to annoy everyone is by stating that UTC will undoubtedly do something they've never done before, after you've repeatedly said they will do it, and yet it is still undone.

No one has a problem with "hey, we have some potential to be pretty good next year" arguments. That's fine. You just get no traction with anyone arguing these maxims about how UTC is clearly good enough to win every game they play. I mean, you have no way of knowing that. They have some talent. They don't have all the talent.

chattownmocs
August 14th, 2013, 02:53 PM
You're getting there. Every team is capable. Where you manage to annoy everyone is by stating that UTC will undoubtedly do something they've never done before, after you've repeatedly said they will do it, and yet it is still undone.

No one has a problem with "hey, we have some potential to be pretty good next year" arguments. That's fine. You just get no traction with anyone arguing these maxims about how UTC is clearly good enough to win every game they play. I mean, you have no way of knowing that. They have some talent. They don't have all the talent.

Everyone is not capable of it. There is only a select group of which the mocs are one. Im calling our shot if you haven't figured that out yet.

bjtheflamesfan
August 14th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Week 1 of the season, everyone is 0-0 and thus capable of winning their conference. Now as the games and weeks bear themselves out, teams are eliminated until you have a champion come week 12 or 13, but when the season starts, no matter the sport, everyone starts with the same record, 0-0.

smallcollegefbfan
August 14th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Everyone is not capable of it. There is only a select group of which the mocs are one. Im calling our shot if you haven't figured that out yet.

Nobody on here has said UTC has no shot. I think everyone can agree that on paper they have a shot. With that said, Wofford is always in the hunt, Furman will be better, and you have Samford and Citadel both as worthy teams. I would venture to say this year the only teams in the SoCon who I don't see winning the league are WCU and Elon right now.

UTC is capable but they have never done it before. It will be interesting to see if they have taken the next step and don't choke late in games or if they are the same as they have been previously. There is always a first time for everything. I don't think you will win the SoCon but I do think you are capable of it with a chance.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 14th, 2013, 03:01 PM

Yes, and you will do it by default.

PaladinFan
August 14th, 2013, 03:02 PM

No, you're calling every shot. You might hit one eventually.

813Jag
August 14th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Only 45 days until we're 23-4 against UTC.....xcoffeex
any TV for that game?

ASUMountaineer
August 14th, 2013, 03:20 PM

And, you've been so accurate calling UT-C's shot in the past, I don't know why anyone is doubting you. xthumbsupx

bjtheflamesfan
August 14th, 2013, 03:45 PM
There is a difference betweem his called shot and the most famous "called shot" in history...he actually did it on the first try...

bobcathpdevil56
August 14th, 2013, 04:17 PM
I don't know how many of you remember the movie Kung Pow: Enter the Fist, but Chattown reminds me of Wimp Lo. Someone purposely trained him wrong xlolx

Ha foot to face defense. How do you like that?:D

fmrbearkat
August 14th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Um...BJ Coleman is on the Packers, and graduated from UTC in 2011. xeyebrowx

Sorry I'm not a big UTC follower. Pretty sure you all know I meant huesman. Hard to keep all the names and proclamations stated my mr. Chattown.

chattownmocs
August 14th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Sorry I'm not a big UTC follower. Pretty sure you all know I meant huesman. Hard to keep all the names and proclamations stated my mr. Chattown.

Then why do you think your opinion is valid? If you don't know what you are talking about, why are you talking? Same goes for NDSU, Liberty, Central Arkansas, Montana, and whatever other idiots on this thread running their mouths about something they have no clue. Stick to what you know, otherwise you look very ignorant.

Bisonoline
August 14th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Then why do you think your opinion is valid? If you don't know what you are talking about, why are you talking? Same goes for NDSU, Liberty, Central Arkansas, Montana, and whatever other idiots on this thread running their mouths about something they have no clue. Stick to what you know, otherwise you look very ignorant.

Yes you do.

bjtheflamesfan
August 14th, 2013, 07:37 PM
I'm a Liberty fan yes but I'm a sportswriter who happens to be a college football fan so I try to keep up with everybody so I can stay informed.

pike51
August 14th, 2013, 07:46 PM
Based on the history of your current coach, the team will not improve over 5 or 6 wins. Why? Because he has proven year in and year out that is all they are capiable of winning. So your "calling the shot" and "elite team capiable of winning it all" are simply a pipe dream at this point. Your spouting off is equal to Georgia State claiming they have an opportunity to win the Sun Belt this season. Possible? I guess. Probable? Absolutely not! Until Coach Huesman and co. show they are capiable of finishing, UTC doesn't receive a spot among the elite FCS teams. End of story.

pike51
August 14th, 2013, 07:47 PM

How many of those teams have made the playoffs since UTC's last run?

bjtheflamesfan
August 14th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Three of the four mentioned by name and Liberty is probably closer to making the playoffs this season than UTC but that's merely my opinion and they have to prove it on the field

Southern Bison
August 14th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Then why do you think your opinion is valid? If you don't know what you are talking about, why are you talking? Stick to what you know, otherwise you look very ignorant.

Be honest Chattown, were you looking in the mirror when you typed this?

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/-DIETlxquzY/hqdefault.jpg

Apphole
August 14th, 2013, 10:24 PM
You are getting destroyed in the arguments
xrotatehx

Apphole
August 14th, 2013, 10:28 PM
Actually all of you try to get into these arguments with me, you get destroyed, and then you fall back to these "facts" of win/loss record.

New Sig! xlolx

skyhawks84
August 15th, 2013, 12:23 AM
chattownmocs...I really can't wait to play you guys week 1. I wish we could have played you last season when we were loaded. Hopefully we'll pull out the victory but I'll admit we are down this year. The one place I say we have an advantage is in the trenches our O line is very big and experienced and on D not only do we have two great D ends that can rush the passer but also we love to blitz almost every play. We are a lot smaller than you guys but we are very fast. Wish I could make it to the game but you guys would schedule it for a Thursday night not only do we have to travel 4 and a half hours but we lose an hour too. Can't wait to get you guys in our house when we have our new stadium built(BTW it really is our stadium not a place we just borrow from the city). GO UT MARTIN SKYHAWKS!!!

smallcollegefbfan
August 15th, 2013, 08:25 AM

So what are they talking about that they have no clue? I thought this thread was about winning a conference championship and going to the playoffs? If so, it's ironic because all of those schools mentioned have been and UTC hasn't. I'm just curious what exactly you say they have no clue about? Are you talking about UTC's personnel this year or something else?

Laker
August 15th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Be honest Chattown, were you looking in the mirror when you typed this?

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/-DIETlxquzY/hqdefault.jpg

Looks like Al Franken became a Bison fan! :D

bjtheflamesfan
August 15th, 2013, 08:34 AM
So what are they talking about that they have no clue? I thought this thread was about winning a conference championship and going to the playoffs? If so, it's ironic because all of those schools mentioned have been and UTC hasn't. I'm just curious what exactly you say they have no clue about? Are you talking about UTC's personnel this year or something else?
Actually as I noted above liberty is the exception although they were actually closer than UTC was last year and both finished 6-5

pike51
August 15th, 2013, 08:38 AM

He's talking about "what if's" and "potential". That's all. Thing is, everyone has potential right now. Difference is, UTC hasn't been able to perform to their potential. They've been "so close" on a number of occasions. What he fails to realize is that historically, UTC is unable to realize the "potential" they have and that in itself is the reason nobody respects them.

smallcollegefbfan
August 15th, 2013, 09:00 AM
He's talking about "what if's" and "potential". That's all. Thing is, everyone has potential right now. Difference is, UTC hasn't been able to perform to their potential. They've been "so close" on a number of occasions. What he fails to realize is that historically, UTC is unable to realize the "potential" they have and that in itself is the reason nobody respects them.

Ah okay. I have always said that UTC is the biggest underachiever in the SoCon while Wofford is the biggest overachiever. UTC should be a top 15 team every year. They are in a fertile recruiting area, only have GT, UT, and Vandy as competition near them and have a great facility. They should have 6 wins automatically every year with 8-10 more often than not. The fact they haven't could be attributed to App and GSU having more and being better at what they do but the problem is Wofford and Furman have done better than them. Now 2 of the 4 ahead of them are gone. Samford is rising but there is no reason why UTC should not live up to potential or at least be the #3 team and a consistent playoff team now. Problem with Chattown is if UTC goes 8-4, he is still wrong about them winning the title, but he can gloat about going to the playoffs. Reality is that they better be in the playoffs this year. They have no excuses. None at all. Let's see if UTC begins to realize their potential and becomes a winner or continues to choke late in games. They have everything they need to be a top tier FCS program and the sad thing is that they should honestly be moving up to FBS as well but they don't have the success, wins, donations, attendance, etc to do so. They should honestly begin to turn the corner for the first time and be more than a 6-5 program. Part of what he is saying is right but history doesn't prove that to be right and he has claimed it so long I would say he's right because he got lucky on the third time being the charm. It's not like he said they would be 5-6, 6-5, or 7-4 the last two years and then explode this year to be a champion or anything. He's been hyping them as champs for two years and always disappears. With the two big dogs out of the race this year they really do have a shot, especially with Wofford losing key pieces on both sides and Furman not being a power right now.

813Jag
August 15th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Ha foot to face defense. How do you like that?:D
exactly xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
August 15th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Looks like Al Franken became a Bison fan! :D

That's Kelly green. Whioux's color is that?

chattownmocs
August 15th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Linebackers

Probably the weakest part of the defense, but of course, still very strong

http://www.gomocs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&CONTENT_ID=%23temp_CONTENT_ID&ATCLID=209140437&DB_OEM_ID=17700

NoDak 4 Ever
August 15th, 2013, 09:59 AM
I would like to thank chattown for letting me know everything about a team I couldn't give a **** about.

DJKyR0
August 15th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Linebackers

Probably the weakest part of the defense, but of course, still very strong

Naturally.

fmrbearkat
August 15th, 2013, 11:06 AM

Is there any form of donations to this site?? Since your so confident about your team and im so ignorant then lets make an AGS friendly wager that the Mocs don't win the SOCON even by default and DONT make the playoffs! If the Mocs dont win at least a share of the SOCON (even with GSU and APP not included) AND you don't make the playoffs then you make a $100 donation to AGS. If they do win the socon AND get in the playoffs then I will make a $100 donation to AGS. If one of us fails to make the donation then Ursus will kick us off the site.

How confident are you or are you just full of ****? Do we have Deal???

dgtw
August 15th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Do the Appy and GSU games count in the conference standings?

Mountaineer
August 15th, 2013, 11:42 AM

For the teams that beat us I think so. I'm still wondering if App and GSU's conference records will count. Although, the SoCon has now decided to rank App and GSU 8th and 9th in the standings regardless of record after some internet peeps had a hissy. :p

The final twist in this story occurred early this week, when Appalachian and Georgia Southern were informed by memo from the league office that after consideration, the SoCon would list the Mountaineers and Eagles as eighth and ninth in the standings, helping further indicate their ineligibility for the FCS postseason. The league also requested all national media and wire services follow their adopted standings guideline.

Veteran reporter Jeff Hartsell of the Charleston Post & Courier first reported this development through social media. He praised the notion of creating standings that accurately reflect the title race, further suggesting that fans can’t differentiate between who is playoff eligible and who is not. However, it’s been my experience that the average FCS fan is already pretty savvy and, unless he or she is hiding under a rock, that fan knows who is in and who is out for 2013. Furthermore, the NCAA selection committee relies mostly upon its own data and rankings to select the field for playoff inclusion and is provided an annual list of who is eligible for the championship. So why would the way a league lists its standings have any impact on their important work?

While this latest twist provides more fuel for a pointless firestorm, the decision to rank Appalachian and Georgia Southern in such an aesthetic measure due to playoff ineligibility completely bucks a precedent set just a few years ago. In 2009, Chattanooga’s football team was ruled ineligible for postseason action or conference championship consideration due to penalties incurred for a subpar Academic Progress Rate. Yet in the final press release for the 2009 season, the SoCon lists the Mocs in fourth place with their 4-4 league mark. While an asterisk was placed next to UTC name to explain its situation, there was no alteration to its earned spot in the standings at any point during the season.

Was this decision made (or not made) based on the fact that Chattanooga won a grand total of two league games over the previous two seasons and were used to being cemented at the bottom of the standings at that time? Or was this simply a league decision to not make more out of something that was not that big a deal in the first place?

David Jackson's full piece is here (http://www.appstatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=209137660&DB_OEM_ID=21500).

PaladinFan
August 15th, 2013, 11:43 AM

I don't think so. I think they are counted as FCS nonconference games. Elon still counts.

pike51
August 15th, 2013, 11:44 AM

I believe they do as both teams are still SoCon members. However, neither is eligible for the official conference title.

PaladinFan
August 15th, 2013, 11:46 AM
For the teams that beat us I think so. I'm still wondering if App and GSU's conference records will count. Although, the SoCon has now decided to rank App and GSU 8th and 9th in the standings regardless of record after some internet peeps had a hissy. :p

David Jackson's full piece is here (http://www.appstatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=209137660&DB_OEM_ID=21500).

Here's what I don't get, this same guy has gone apoplectic regarding perceived slights to App State. It completely ignores the reason why all the whining will fall on deaf ears.

Here's the thing - App and GSU have given a big middle finger to the SoCon and to the FCS. Don't expect any favors. Not from the conference. Not from the FCS.

Mountaineer
August 15th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Don't expect any favors. Not from the conference.

Yup, the latest conference standing kerfluffle is pretty much what I expected from the SoCon. xawesomex

PaladinFan
August 15th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Yup, the latest conference standing kerfluffle is pretty much what I expected from the SoCon. xawesomex

I guess the point is, no sense spilling ink in some angry rant when you are getting treated exactly like you expected to get treated.

Mountaineer
August 15th, 2013, 12:16 PM
I guess the point is, no sense spilling ink in some angry rant when you are getting treated exactly like you expected to get treated.

Wait, you took that as rant? xlolx Seemed that DJ backed it up with dose of history, facts and past precedence. I guess when one is reading through purple tinged glasses it could be perceived as a rant. xsmiley_wix

ASUMountaineer
August 15th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Here's what I don't get, this same guy has gone apoplectic regarding perceived slights to App State. It completely ignores the reason why all the whining will fall on deaf ears.

Here's the thing - App and GSU have given a big middle finger to the SoCon and to the FCS. Don't expect any favors. Not from the conference. Not from the FCS.

How so? Our administration has been nothing but courteous with the SoCon regarding our departure. Elon and Davidson's on the other hand...

ASUMountaineer
August 15th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Wait, you took that as rant? xlolx Seemed that DJ backed it up with dose of history, facts and past precedence. I guess when one is reading through purple tinged glasses it could be perceived as a rant. xsmiley_wix

I guess leaving the conference is regarded as a "middle finger" to the conference, but taking a school from another conference is just dandy.

Mountaineer
August 15th, 2013, 12:49 PM
How so? Our administration has been nothing but courteous with the SoCon regarding our departure. Elon and Davidson's on the other hand...

I guess leaving the conference is regarded as a "middle finger" to the conference, but taking a school from another conference is just dandy.

Pretty much what I was thinking as well. App made its intentions known, accepted a Sun Belt invite a year and a half in advance, has been in constant contact with the head office while using production for the SoCon media day, not to mention the great job DJ and crew have done hosting a playoff selection show every year.

Middle finger indeed. xrolleyesx

pike51
August 15th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Hey, hey, hey... can we get this thread back on it's intended track please? If you wan t to give someone the finger, start your own thread!

ASUMountaineer
August 15th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Pretty much what I was thinking as well. App made its intentions known, accepted a Sun Belt invite a year and a half in advance, has been in constant contact with the head office while using production for the SoCon media day, not to mention the great job DJ and crew have done hosting a playoff selection show every year.

PaladinFan is always reasonable with his posts, but on this topic he missed it completely.

Apphole
August 15th, 2013, 01:01 PM

Like I've said before on AGS, anything short of renouncing the FBS and declaring our institutional advancement as our guaranteed doom is twisted into being a bunch of dick heads that constantly bad mouth the SoCon and the FBS. Just let them cry as we play on TV and further expand out stadium. You can't change delusions, be them chattown's or some of the FCS or bust bleeding hearts.

Smitty
August 15th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Just let them cry as we play on TV

I'm still curious about this, as far as I can see (with the current sunbelt schedule) you may get 1 game?

Apphole
August 15th, 2013, 01:42 PM
I'm still curious about this, as far as I can see (with the current sunbelt schedule) you may get 1 game?

ESPN 3 for all with one on actual TV I think.

Jazzman1522
August 15th, 2013, 01:56 PM
ESPN 3 for all with one on actual TV I think.

Oh cool. Sounds like you guys'll be playing on real television about as often as...

Chattanooga.

Apphole
August 15th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Oh cool. Sounds like you guys'll be playing on real television about as often as...

Chattanooga.

Nooga has 1-2 ESPN3 games a year assuming yet don't make playoffs or appear on a BCS network during a money game. 11>2

NoDak 4 Ever
August 15th, 2013, 02:24 PM

Chattanooga.

Between ESPN3 and Fox College Sports I'll see every Bison game I want. That's TV enough for me. Of course the first game is the debut of Fox Sports 1 but I'll be there anyway.

Hopefully they get real internet up on your holler and you can see some of that. It's pretty good.

chattownmocs
August 15th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Nooga has 1-2 ESPN3 games a year assuming yet don't make playoffs or appear on a BCS network during a money game. 11>2

We have 4 ESPN3 games and 1 CSS game this year. What about y'all?

NoDak 4 Ever
August 15th, 2013, 02:32 PM
We have 4 ESPN3 games and 1 CSS game this year. What about y'all?

We have 5 ESPN3, 4 Fox College Sports, and 1 Fox Sports 1.

Guess people want to see our 2nd rate team.

PaladinFan
August 15th, 2013, 02:33 PM

Come on, you guys aren't this dense. App State and Georgia Southern are leaving the conference and the subdivision. Their fans have griped about both for years (and in some way, their administration has too). They got their wish, they are leaving.

I mean, if I'm your boss, and you hand in your letter of resignation to me, do you really think I am going to invite you to the company Christmas party or go out of my way to accommodate you? No. You can politely quit, but at the end of the day, you still quit.

pike51
August 15th, 2013, 02:54 PM
We have 5 ESPN3, 4 Fox College Sports, and 1 Fox Sports 1.

Guess people want to see our 2nd rate team.

But did you host the 1AA/FCS National Championship game 14 times? Suck on that Fargo!

ASUMountaineer
August 15th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Come on, you guys aren't this dense. App State and Georgia Southern are leaving the conference and the subdivision. Their fans have griped about both for years (and in some way, their administration has too). They got their wish, they are leaving.

I mean, if I'm your boss, and you hand in your letter of resignation to me, do you really think I am going to invite you to the company Christmas party or go out of my way to accommodate you? No. You can politely quit, but at the end of the day, you still quit.

Cool story. But, speaking of being dense--as the boss and after receiving the resignation, would you then invite the quitting employee to the company Christmas party only to later decide a few weeks before the Christmas party to take back the invite? See, this truly can go both ways, PF.

I really don't care either way, and I seriously doubt that our administration does. However, since the SoCon decided to go back on their agreement, our Athletic Department addressed it. Seems reasonable...

As to the "griping" that our administrators have done, it'd be nice to see some evidence of that. I remember seeing them go out of their way to not gripe about the SoCon. Fans of teams are irrelevant to a large extent in these situations. I still find it funny that leaving the conference to change subdivisions is "giving the middle finger," but leaving for another FCS conference apparently doesn't rise to that level. Oh, and it's just fine for the SoCon to poach other conferences. xlolx

ASUMountaineer
August 15th, 2013, 03:20 PM
But did you host the 1AA/FCS National Championship game 14 times? Suck on that Fargo!

BOOM! xlolx

Southern Bison
August 15th, 2013, 03:21 PM

We host 2 FCS National Championship Trophies...with more to come in the near future.

Oh, and there are 8 other NCAA Football National Championship trophies from the past as well. xsmugx

ASUMountaineer
August 15th, 2013, 03:22 PM
We host 2 FCS National Championship Trophies...with more to come in the near future.

Oh, and there are 8 other NCAA Football National Championship trophies from the past as well. xsmugx

Pretty sure he was taking a shot at chattown with that one, but good stats.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 15th, 2013, 03:25 PM

I'm pretty sure everybody is trying to take a shot at chattown in one way or another.

Southern Bison
August 15th, 2013, 03:27 PM

What Chattown's arguments look like after 18 pages...

http://peterbakke.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/swiss-cheese.jpg

I figured one more hole in the cheese wasn't going to hurt.

chattownmocs
August 15th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Is there any form of donations to this site?? Since your so confident about your team and im so ignorant then lets make an AGS friendly wager that the Mocs don't win the SOCON even by default and DONT make the playoffs! If the Mocs dont win at least a share of the SOCON (even with GSU and APP not included) AND you don't make the playoffs then you make a $100 donation to AGS. If they do win the socon AND get in the playoffs then I will make a $100 donation to AGS. If one of us fails to make the donation then Ursus will kick us off the site.

How confident are you or are you just full of ****? Do we have Deal???

Well, even though I am supremely confident, still wouldn't be right wagering money I may not have. My company is closing it's doors effective immediately so it looks like I am out of a job. I'm sure the idiots on here will revel in that fact, but Chattanooga will still win big man.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 15th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Well, even though I am supremely confident, still wouldn't be right wagering money I may not have. My company is closing it's doors effective immediately so it looks like I am out of a job. I'm sure the idiots on here will revel in that fact, but Chattanooga will still win big man.

Well you always have Subway to fall back on.

chattownmocs
August 15th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Well you always have Subway to fall back on.

I've never worked at Subway. Although it is closing down, I signed a non-disclosure agreement do I can't really say who it is or what they do, but thanks man. I might look into Subway.

Waco Kid
August 15th, 2013, 04:13 PM

The problem is the SoCon changed the rules after everyone agreed to the terms, and the Coaches Poll is treating us differently than any other team that has moved up. It boils down to resentment and jealousy by the rest of the league plain and simple. ETSU, VMI, and Mercer don't = GSU/App and they know it.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 15th, 2013, 04:19 PM
I've never worked at Subway. Although it is closing down, I signed a non-disclosure agreement do I can't really say who it is or what they do, but thanks man. I might look into Subway.

Ok, I give up. No need to kick a man if he's down. I hope you find work elsewhere. I mean, you're a stupid asshole but even you don't deserve to be out of work like that.

BEAR
August 15th, 2013, 04:19 PM
70 pages? xcoffeex

NoDak 4 Ever
August 15th, 2013, 04:25 PM
70 pages? xcoffeex

You need to change your posts per page.

DJKyR0
August 15th, 2013, 04:35 PM

Since we went on to win anyway, you could say we hosted twice. If one looks at facts and not the mere opinion that the game was officially hosted in Frisco, you can clearly see that Fargo has hosted plenty of championship games and will be hosting the game more in the future. Anyone who disagrees with me is obviously biased, a fool, or a hater and can't see the game clearly for what it is. Go suck eggs.

Chattown logic!

813Jag
August 15th, 2013, 05:00 PM
70 pages? xcoffeex

my goal is 100 pages

Laker
August 15th, 2013, 05:01 PM
my goal is 100 pages

This could end up being longer than War and Peace.

813Jag
August 15th, 2013, 05:41 PM
This could end up being longer than War and Peace.
I'm hoping it does, I wonder what the record is for the longest non game thread.

Apphole
August 15th, 2013, 08:00 PM

So when did the employee "give the boss the finger?"

Jazzman1522
August 15th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Between ESPN3 and Fox College Sports I'll see every Bison game I want. That's TV enough for me. Of course the first game is the debut of Fox Sports 1 but I'll be there anyway.

Hopefully they get real internet up on your holler and you can see some of that. It's pretty good.

Actually, I moved out of the holler and into the apocalyptic deathscape that is Detroit. The internet thrives here, unlike, well, everything else.

The OVC, for all its flaws, rolled out the OVC Digital Network last season, so I will be able to watch every Colonel game online for free. And since ESPN3 has apparently become the measuring stick for program strength around here, we've got 4 games there. Pffffttt!

Also, Chatty, I know you catch a lot of flack here and, while I try my hardest to avoid attacking anyone here personally, I wouldn't say I've been supportive of you. That being said, I sincerely hope and pray you're able to find work fast. And don't go to Subway. It sucks there.

pike51
August 16th, 2013, 06:46 AM

But did Fargo host the game? Because according to Chattown, hosting 14 championship games is better than winning 2.

(That's somewhere in the first 1/4th of the thread)

pike51
August 16th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Since we went on to win anyway, you could say we hosted twice. If one looks at facts and not the mere opinion that the game was officially hosted in Frisco, you can clearly see that Fargo has hosted plenty of championship games and will be hosting the game more in the future. Anyone who disagrees with me is obviously biased, a fool, or a hater and can't see the game clearly for what it is. Go suck eggs.

Chattown logic!

But you didn't win. Chattanooga did! Have you not been paying attention? Oh, and as for this upcoming season, you might as well pack it in. Chatty has already won that too.

catamount man
August 16th, 2013, 07:32 AM
70 pages? xcoffeex

My EXACT thoughts. Oy Vey..............

NDSUstudent
August 16th, 2013, 08:00 AM

ASUMountaineer
August 16th, 2013, 09:12 AM

That's sad, and amazingly convenient. Good luck.

eaglesrback
August 16th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Sorry you lost your job man! Good news is now you have time to study and learn some college football...

813Jag
August 16th, 2013, 09:35 AM

Look on the bright, as long as he has some money stashed away, football season is a great time not to have to work. I'm sure Chatty would love him fo PR work.

fmrbearkat
August 16th, 2013, 11:35 AM

As much as your proclamations on here may entertain us I for one and assume the majority on here would not be happy about any one of us being forced out of a job that is beyond your control. Sorry to hear about that.

Now as far as everything else your still fair game as we all are :-)

ASUMountaineer
August 16th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Look on the bright, as long as he has some money stashed away, football season is a great time not to have to work. I'm sure Chatty would love him fo PR work.

Given the amount of football knowledge that he believes he has, I just assumed Huesman would have already offered him a coordinator job.

Southern Bison
August 16th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Given the amount of football knowledge that he believes he has, I just assumed Huesman would have already offered him a hydration coordinator job.

FIFY

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo67/otiqwest/waterboy2.jpg

ASUMountaineer
August 16th, 2013, 01:05 PM
FIFY

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo67/otiqwest/waterboy2.jpg

My bad...I was in a hurry. xlolx

chattownmocs
August 16th, 2013, 02:10 PM

I guess it is all out in the open now. The empire has fallen thanks to the trash state of New York and cowardly banks.

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2013/aug/16/layoffs-hit-chattanooga-based-payday-lender/

NoDak 4 Ever
August 16th, 2013, 02:20 PM
I guess it is all out in the open now. The empire has fallen thanks to the trash state of New York and cowardly banks.

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2013/aug/16/layoffs-hit-chattanooga-based-payday-lender/

Wait. You worked for a payday lender?

I take everything nice I ever said back.

chattownmocs
August 16th, 2013, 02:27 PM
Wait. You worked for a payday lender?

I take everything nice I ever said back.

Yep, helped people in need of quick funds. Interest rates are high because many people don't pay. It's a free country people don't have to get a payday loan if they don't want to. Now they have much fewer options.

Also many of the profits went to charity. The overregulation in this country has reached a new low today that will not only affect the thousands in need of quick funds, the hundreds laid off, but also thousands in need around the world.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2012/mar/09/1-billion-christian-giving/

BisonFan02
August 16th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Yep, helped people in need of quick funds. Interest rates are high because many people don't pay. It's a free country people don't have to get a payday loan if they don't want to. Now they have much fewer options.

Also many of the profits went to charity. The overregulation in this country has reached a new low today that will not only affect the thousands in need of quick funds, the hundreds laid off, but also thousands in need around the world.

Wait....did I just agree with something Chattown posted? I need to go lay down or something.

blueballs
August 16th, 2013, 03:11 PM
According to the article they were lending without a license and making usurious loans. That is a 3rd degree felony on each loan made, and there might be wire fraud, mail fraud, and bank fraud involved. Somebody is in big trouble.

chattownmocs
August 16th, 2013, 03:22 PM
According to the article they were lending without a license and making usurious loans. That is a 3rd degree felony on each loan made, and there might be wire fraud, mail fraud, and bank fraud involved. Somebody is in big trouble.

Actually it isn't illegal because the transaction takes place at the location of the server and not at the users computer therefore a license is not needed. All they can do is the bully the banks into choking us off the clearing house. we've been one step ahead of them for years so finally they decide to go after the banks.

bobcathpdevil56
August 16th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Sucks you lost your job chatting. Never a good thing

NoDak 4 Ever
August 16th, 2013, 04:36 PM

Payday loans are by their nature usurious. They just had a lot of legal protection until now.

Good ****ing riddance.

SCPALADIN
August 16th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Payday loans are by their nature usurious. They just had a lot of legal protection until now.

Good ****ing riddance.

Amen.

pike51
August 16th, 2013, 07:26 PM
At least we can still borrow from the Indians... At 150% intrest.

Ivytalk
August 16th, 2013, 07:40 PM
How could there be 700+ posts in one thread about the Mocs? Is this Mocs.com?

NoDak 4 Ever
August 16th, 2013, 08:04 PM

There are about 5 post about UTC and 695 posts about chattown.

ThompsonThe
August 16th, 2013, 09:36 PM

No. This is an active thread. http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g321/CRE48/MOVING%20Pictures/photo-13311_zps83380438.gif (http://s1096.photobucket.com/user/CRE48/media/MOVING%20Pictures/photo-13311_zps83380438.gif.html)

Apphole
August 16th, 2013, 10:29 PM

Wow. Scum like that are one of the many reasons America is in such loan trouble. Thank you for repeating the exact same practices that lead to the Great Depression. Why am I not surprised that you of all people would defend the practice.

Douche.

Your organized crime organization didn't go under soon enough. I'll take a sweet onion chicken teriyaki.

chattownmocs
August 16th, 2013, 11:37 PM
Wow. Scum like that are one of the many reasons America is in such loan trouble. Thank you for repeating the exact same practices that lead to the Great Depression. Why am I not surprised that you of all people would defend the practice.

Douche.

Your organized crime organization didn't go under soon enough. I'll take a sweet onion chicken teriyaki.

Actually, this is the exact opposite of that you brainless. This is the government stomping out free enterprise because it didn't get a big enough piece of the pie. Ill be employed again very shortly and you will still be a little b****.

Bisonoline
August 16th, 2013, 11:47 PM

I believe they call that predatory lending? But I can see why you would work for a company like this. You must be the collector.

Smitty
August 17th, 2013, 12:04 AM
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/366/396/f8a.gif

chattownmocs
August 17th, 2013, 12:13 AM
I believe they call that predatory lending? But I can see why you would work for a company like this. You must be the collector.

I believe they call it a contract between willing and able parties. Don't you think it should be the decision of a person whether they want a loan or not? Don't you think the government should stay out of it and mind their own business? But hey in sure you are for New Yorks ban on large comes too. This is the exact same thing. Except people need loans. If the interest rates are not high, the business is not liable. Guess what happens if they don't pay them back? Nothing. Someone with a poor credit score, would then have a poorer credit score. They may not even be able to qualify for another "predatory loan" oh the humanity!!Now, they might no be able to feed their children this week. But im sure the government will help them out.

Bisonoline
August 17th, 2013, 01:36 AM
I believe they call it a contract between willing and able parties. Don't you think it should be the decision of a person whether they want a loan or not? Don't you think the government should stay out of it and mind their own business? But hey in sure you are for New Yorks ban on large comes too. This is the exact same thing. Except people need loans. If the interest rates are not high, the business is not liable. Guess what happens if they don't pay them back? Nothing. Someone with a poor credit score, would then have a poorer credit score. They may not even be able to qualify for another "predatory loan" oh the humanity!!Now, they might no be able to feed their children this week. But im sure the government will help them out.

Your rationalization and justification just doesnt pass the smell test.

blueballs
August 17th, 2013, 05:40 AM

I doubt very seriously the CFPB and courts will see it this way.

The CFPB has been looking for lenders to make examples of ( the recent Colorado case is a good example) and to cement their place as a consumer friendly agency. This should fit that bill rather nicely.

catamount man
August 17th, 2013, 08:38 AM
I have no dog in the fight, but do I seriously see people on here stating that people have the right to be deadbeats and not their bills? I don't care for the payday lending industry either, but the elitist banks are never going to touch that type of clientale and you all know it. How many banks that lend at the right rate of interest, as if there is one, still manage to steal from people anyway? Monthly fees, overdraft "protection", "insurance" on loans and let's face FACTS America, insurance is nothing but a legalized form of extortion that preys upon unfounded fears and how you "have to have it." No you don't. Insurance is the biggest goddamn lie that has ever been perpetrated upon the citizens of this nation. I have 2 forms of this legalized extortion. 1)life, the smallest policy I can find because a)I'm single, b)when I die, cremate my ass and c)no children, and don't plan to have any, and I ain't leaving **** to anybody. 2)auto, for the simple fact that a)drunk drivers do exist and b)the bastards can ARREST ME and take my car simply because I don't have it. No there's no constituional violation there is there?

GODDAMN INSURANCE UNDERWRITERS. If anybody on this board sells insurance, then you're a bigger ****ing crook than mr payday lender. At least his rates ARE posted. **** INSURANCE AND I LOOK FORWARD TO PAYING OBAMA'S FINE WHEN THE BILL COMES! BASTARDS!

Apphole
August 17th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Actually, this is the exact opposite of that you brainless. This is the government stomping out free enterprise because it didn't get a big enough piece of the pie. Ill be employed again very shortly and you will still be a little b****.

So predatory lending is suddenly OK if it's a private buisness? You know the banks aren't government operated either right? Good luck in the job hunt. Hopefully you'll choose a reputable profession this time.

catamount man
August 17th, 2013, 09:07 AM
http://nstarzone.com/AUTO.html

Skyhawk71
August 17th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Well, this thread has taken a turn in a strange direction, but let us return to the point at hand- on August 29, the two little bitch brothers of the UT system will get together for what promises to be a beat down for the depleted Skyhawks, Chatty wins by 27 and goes home with the Little Bitch Brother #1 Trophy, some will all get together for an Alumni Association extravaganza before the game, and praise the almighty powers in Knoxville- they will ask us to sing Rocky Top together as once voice, for all of you Chatty and Martin people that think that **** is cool have fun- if there are any real Chatty fans on here just let me know where the real tailgate parties are, and I'll come hang out with you guys, surely there are some that do not kneel at the throne in Knoxville

catamount man
August 17th, 2013, 09:09 AM
http://consumerist.com/2007/06/20/payday-lenders-funded-by-bank-of-america-chase-wellsfargo-us-bancorp-wachovia/

I love how the masses want to howl at the guy in the store on the corner but won't say **** about the people backing him. YES, THE VERY SAME BANKS OUR GOVERNMENT BAILED OUT! ****ING HYPOCRITES!!!xbangx

Skyhawk71
August 17th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Holy ****, I went to find somebody to tailgate with, and ended up in the middle of a serious SoCon lending debate, hell yeah..........

NoDak 4 Ever
August 17th, 2013, 09:22 AM
http://consumerist.com/2007/06/20/payday-lenders-funded-by-bank-of-america-chase-wellsfargo-us-bancorp-wachovia/

I love how the masses want to howl at the guy in the store on the corner but won't say **** about the people backing him. YES, THE VERY SAME BANKS OUR GOVERNMENT BAILED OUT! ****ING HYPOCRITES!!!xbangx

ok. all caps makes you sound crazy. That article merely states that the lenders get their money from the banks. Like everyone else.

I guess this is a nice distraction from the other stupidity.

chattownmocs
August 17th, 2013, 10:28 AM
So predatory lending is suddenly OK if it's a private buisness? You know the banks aren't government operated either right? Good luck in the job hunt. Hopefully you'll choose a reputable profession this time.

You are an idiot. We are the predator. We are the lion with no teeth that shares his dinner with hungry hyena, but asks that the hyena bring dinner the next 2 nights. Unfortunately, we have no teeth so if the hyena doesn't bring us dinner, all we can do is tell the other lions not to give them any dinner.

CID1990
August 17th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Not trying to **** up the cheese on anybody's bagel here, but can we get back to Chatty being the Borg that will assimilate us all?

chattownmocs
August 17th, 2013, 10:34 AM
The Times Free Press backed off all of their illegality claims today. Now they are sticking with terms like "used car salesmen"

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2013/aug/17/payday-lender-lays-off-workers/?local

blueballs
August 17th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Holy ****, I went to find somebody to tailgate with, and ended up in the middle of a serious SoCon lending debate, hell yeah..........

I've gone to the last 4 games where GSU visited Chatty and the GSU folks outnumbered the Chatty fans each time. Last year was particularly sad because at the time Chat was in the thick of the conference title hunt and a playoff spot and the Vols were in a bye week.

There was hardly any tailgating among Moc fans.... it was sad.