PDA

View Full Version : Official 2013 Chattanooga, Who is laughing now? Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13

pike51
November 18th, 2013, 12:44 PM
As a comparison...

2006 Georgia Southern (the year we like to forget) coached by BVG...

GSU went 3-8. 6 of those losses were by 1 score of less. So had those 6 games gone the other way, we'd have been a 9 and 2 team and playing in the playoffs.

2007 Chris Hatcher coached team... 7-4. All 3 FCS losses were by 7 points or less. The other loss was to FBS Colorado State. We didn't make the playoffs but if we had won those 3 "close" games what might have been.

2008 Chris Hatcher coached team... 6-5. Big loss to UGA to open the season and then 3 of the remaining 4 losses were by 1 point each. The last loss was by 10 to Wofford. Change those 1 point games and we have a 9 and 2 playoff bound record.

My point is, close doesn't matter. Nor does how you win or lose. All that matters is IF you win or lose.

chattownmocs
November 18th, 2013, 12:53 PM
What you have to see that everyone has tried to point out to you is that Chattanooga has a history of having a very capable team but not the ability to make it over the hump. 1984 is the last time Chatty made the playoffs. 1984. Let that sink in for a minute. Since 1984, Chattanooga has had many outstanding players who by all means would be considered top 5 talent in the FCS. They've had teams capable of winning a national title on paper, but they haven't been able to make it happen. No doubt Chattanooga on paper was possibly the top of the SoCon this season, however, they've managed to leave it in doubt when it matters. Now, they could end up with the auto-bid but it shouldn't have been close (on paper and according to you). That's what our point from day 1 of this thread has been... doesn't matter how good they should be, it's how good are they in the win/loss column. Nobody cares what the excuses are, you either win or lose the games and at the end of the day, that is all that matters. Could Chattanooga hang with someone like NDSU? Possibly. But based on history, they won't get that far so it's a moot point. They have to get over that hump.

As for disaster if they fail to make the playoffs, maybe not on the surface... but deep inside where nobody can see, Chattanooga will be hurting. Because the best shot they had at this thing since 1984 just slipped away (again). The inability to put all the pieces together builds and frustrations set in. Right now, Chattanooga is a great team who can't get over that hump. Another year of no playoffs will just add fuel to that fire. Making the field will go a long way in changing that "tradition."

This coming Saturday will be very interesting in the long run of Chattanooga... not just for this season, but for the program's direction and mentality in the coming years.

I think people actually just dismissed Chattanooga as a quality football team. I still think this program is on an upward trajectory. I think we have found something this year. I don't think it can be a disaster(even if you underachieve) if you achieve more than you have in a while.

chattownmocs
November 18th, 2013, 01:01 PM
As a comparison...

2006 Georgia Southern (the year we like to forget) coached by BVG...

GSU went 3-8. 6 of those losses were by 1 score of less. So had those 6 games gone the other way, we'd have been a 9 and 2 team and playing in the playoffs.

2007 Chris Hatcher coached team... 7-4. All 3 FCS losses were by 7 points or less. The other loss was to FBS Colorado State. We didn't make the playoffs but if we had won those 3 "close" games what might have been.

2008 Chris Hatcher coached team... 6-5. Big loss to UGA to open the season and then 3 of the remaining 4 losses were by 1 point each. The last loss was by 10 to Wofford. Change those 1 point games and we have a 9 and 2 playoff bound record.

My point is, close doesn't matter. Nor does how you win or lose. All that matters is IF you win or lose.

I think you are undervaluing just being able to say that you were a champion. A southern conference championship is a goal by itself. You assume the playoffs will come with it, but if they don't for some reason, there is still something to be said for the breakthrough of getting a championship even if some luster is missing.

PaladinFan
November 18th, 2013, 01:03 PM
I think people actually just dismissed Chattanooga as a quality football team. I still think this program is on an upward trajectory. I think we have found something this year. I don't think it can be a disaster(even if you underachieve) if you achieve more than you have in a while.

I am among those that think the SoCon is about to become a Furman/UTC league for a while. Both teams will return a lot of players from this year's squad, and both are out recruiting the competition at the moment.

chattownmocs
November 18th, 2013, 01:06 PM
I am among those that think the SoCon is about to become a Furman/UTC league for a while. Both teams will return a lot of players from this year's squad, and both are out recruiting the competition at the moment.

I dont know, Samford may be out recruiting everyone in this particular class.

pike51
November 18th, 2013, 01:32 PM

Problem for the SoCon and the 2nd and 3rd place teams is that with GSU, App, and (sigh) Elon leaving, many will think the conference is losing a little bit. Fair or not, that's how it's going to be perceived. UTC, Furman, Wofford, and the rest will have to step up and prove they still deserve to be in the discussion for best conference by beating some other major players over the ext couple of years.

It's possible that the SoCon could be a 1 bid league for the ext few years if the conference as a whole fails to prove otherwise. I'm not saying they become the MEAC by any means, but from an outsiders point of view, the conference gets weaker now.

PaladinFan
November 18th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Problem for the SoCon and the 2nd and 3rd place teams is that with GSU, App, and (sigh) Elon leaving, many will think the conference is losing a little bit. Fair or not, that's how it's going to be perceived. UTC, Furman, Wofford, and the rest will have to step up and prove they still deserve to be in the discussion for best conference by beating some other major players over the ext couple of years.

It's possible that the SoCon could be a 1 bid league for the ext few years if the conference as a whole fails to prove otherwise. I'm not saying they become the MEAC by any means, but from an outsiders point of view, the conference gets weaker now.

I don't think that will be the case at all, really. You win 8 games, you'll be in the conversation for playoffs regardless of whose in the league. Now, I don't think we'll be competing for national titles next season, but that's just the ebb and flow of football. While it seems almost blasphemous, the departures this season are actually three of the bottom four teams in the SoCon.

pike51
November 18th, 2013, 02:13 PM
I don't think that will be the case at all, really. You win 8 games, you'll be in the conversation for playoffs regardless of whose in the league. Now, I don't think we'll be competing for national titles next season, but that's just the ebb and flow of football. While it seems almost blasphemous, the departures this season are actually three of the bottom four teams in the SoCon.

I would argue that even though the teams leaving are in the bottom 4 this season, they are considered historically the leaders of the conference. That's what matters when it comes to conference prestige.

I do feel that the holes left by GSU and App (historically speaking) are tough to fill. However, I feel like Wofford, Furman, UTC, and Samford are quality enough to step in and prove themselves on the national stage. I feel as if they will now have a better chance to do so because their is "less" competition in the league overall. What you have to hope is that the people who make the decisions feel and think the same way. Just a few years ago, a 7-4 Georgia Southern team got in to the playoffs. I'm not sure the powers that be would put a 7-4 Furman, UTC, or Wofford in based on history right now. Is it possible? Yes... but I don't think that is realistic.

SpeedkingATL
November 18th, 2013, 02:27 PM
The hope of course is that at least 2 teams get in the playoffs this year from the SoCon. If one or both of those teams can make it to the final 8 then the perception of the conference will be a good one. I see no reason that UTC, Chatty, Furman, Wofford, The Citadel and/or Samford can't be players in the national picture sooner rather than later. Not having to play GaSo and App every year can't hurt.

Southern Bison
November 18th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Okay...someone has hacked into Chattown's account and posting as him. Gotta be the only explanation possible.

citdog
November 18th, 2013, 04:17 PM

hard to say that you're out recruiting anyone when two of the teams in your conference are not looking for the same type of players you are

DoWe
November 18th, 2013, 04:33 PM
hard to say that you're out recruiting anyone when two of the teams in your conference are not looking for the same type of players you are

Not for somebody that thinks the departures of App & GSU will have no negative impact on how the SoCon is perceived as a football conference.

PaladinFan
November 18th, 2013, 04:35 PM

You're right. I do think recruiting is generally highly exaggerated. Case in point, App State.

citdog
November 18th, 2013, 04:38 PM
App & GSU .

WHO? Everyone who reads this site knows that I am a FORWARD THINKER and not one to dwell on the past.

Darlinikki150
November 18th, 2013, 04:40 PM
WHO? Everyone who reads this site knows that I am a FORWARD THINKER and not one to dwell on the past.

One word-Bull****

eaglewraith
November 18th, 2013, 04:40 PM

http://i.imgur.com/0yW48Pf.jpg

PaladinFan
November 18th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Not for somebody that thinks the departures of App & GSU will have no negative impact on how the SoCon is perceived as a football conference.

I'm not arguing there won't be a negative impact. I'm saying that next year 9-2/8-3 SoCon teams will be in the playoffs regardless of whether App and GSU are in the conference.

I have no idea how the SoCon is perceived as a conference. Average sports fans can't tell you who's in the SoCon today, and they won't be able to tell you next year either.

It's nonsensical to argue some vague notion of "conference perception" will change. What does that even mean? Most people that don't know anything about your program today, won't know anything about it tomorrow either. The SoCon is a respected football conference, and its not as though that is changing with App State and GSU leaving.

DoWe
November 18th, 2013, 04:57 PM
I'm not arguing there won't be a negative impact. I'm saying that next year 9-2/8-3 SoCon teams will be in the playoffs regardless of whether App and GSU are in the conference.

I have no idea how the SoCon is perceived as a conference. Average sports fans can't tell you who's in the SoCon today, and they won't be able to tell you next year either.

It's nonsensical to argue some vague notion of "conference perception" will change. What does that even mean? Most people that don't know anything about your program today, won't know anything about it tomorrow either. The SoCon is a respected football conference, and its not as though that is changing with App State and GSU leaving.

We shall see if it's nonsensical. In light of their defacto absence this year there's a good chance an 8 win SoCon team will be spending this Thanksgiving at home, but not hosting a playoff game.

SU DOG
November 18th, 2013, 05:21 PM
I'm feeling rather positive and nostalgic. I'm not going to try and convince anyone that this team can play with the top tier seeds. I will say, this team is very gritty, They had to be a different football team on Saturday. They had to change their identity on offense. With Keon Williams out and Huesman hobbled they couldn't be a power running team. But time and time again the drives would stall in Samford territory. Samford was struggling even more to move the ball offensively, but they found the big play, we couldn't hit it. But you just knew, even down 14-0 in the 4th, there was still a run. Our guys made it and I'm proud of them for making it. We need some help but it ain't over yet.

Two good teams, with lots of talent, who I really believe could beat many of the teams ranked above them, regardless of the perception of the SoCon. Huesman was hobbled, but Truss(ankle injury) was only able to play for one full quarter. UTC is very gritty. UTC did not choke, these things just sometimes happen. I hope that our Dogs get the AQ of course, but if not, I hope we get 3 SoCon teams in. I watch FCS games from all around the country, and IMO, Furman, UTC, and Samford are all better than most would think.

gsu2583
November 19th, 2013, 05:28 AM

Says the man with "confederate states of America" and a Civil War picture in his profile.

Jaggoff.

CID1990
November 19th, 2013, 06:37 AM

Nice. You caught 3 mopes on one hook

chattownmocs
November 20th, 2013, 11:36 AM
I am....... Chattownmocs

pike51
November 20th, 2013, 11:53 AM
I am....... a sandwich artist!

FIFY

BisonFan02
November 20th, 2013, 12:06 PM
FIFY

Gotta give him credit, he bumped his own shame thread to the first page.

chattownmocs
November 20th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Am I the greatest poster in AGS history? Will they one day put me in the hall of fame?

citdog
November 20th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Am I the greatest poster in AGS history? Will they one day put me in the hall of fame?

you have got a ways to go to join me and Grizo

BisonFan02
November 20th, 2013, 12:14 PM

What about me?! :D xlolx

chattownmocs
November 20th, 2013, 12:17 PM

I feel as though I have surpassed your epic greatness.

citdog
November 20th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Says the man with "confederate states of America" and a Civil War picture in his profile.

Jaggoff.

http://www.mexfish.com/mfn/mfn2000/mfn000716/ron.jpg

BisonFan02
November 20th, 2013, 12:19 PM

Did you host him for a quick lunch?

chattownmocs
November 20th, 2013, 12:27 PM
I just had a flash forward on PCP, I am receiving the greatest sports message board poster of all time award.

Bisonoline
November 20th, 2013, 04:28 PM

Of course what you think and what is reality are entirely two different things. Which I might add is proven by your constant nonsensical postings.
Now if you want to talk about how well you have done in your creative writing class while being vitually brain dead I give you an A. Or a participation ribbon. Your choice.

Bisonator
November 20th, 2013, 06:45 PM
I just had a flash forward on PCP, I am receiving the greatest sports message board poster of all time award.

I think Subway employee of the month is more likely and neither stands a chance in hell of happening!

Bisonoline
November 20th, 2013, 06:49 PM
I think Subway employee of the month is more likely and neither stands a chance in hell of happening!

Come on why crush a dream?xlolx

pike51
November 21st, 2013, 07:15 AM

Won't happen. That whole "2 napkins in the bag" scandal will be a black mark on his record forever. Pete Rose has a better chance than Chattown.

Milkman
November 23rd, 2013, 12:00 AM
Chatty made sportscenter! Well kind of. Alabama is offering $10 and a Nick Saben photo along with tickets in hopes to boost sales against their game against Chattanooga.

TennBison
November 23rd, 2013, 07:18 AM
I can not believe that I go away for two days and someone had the nerve to let this thread slip off the front page, WTF, thank god Milkman saved the day by bringing it back. Heads are gonna role, heads are gonna role I say.

texcap
November 23rd, 2013, 03:31 PM
I can not believe that I go away for two days and someone had the nerve to let this thread slip off the front page, WTF, thank god Milkman saved the day by bringing it back. Heads are gonna role, heads are gonna role I say.
It's just not the same since Chatttown went back on his meds.

DP_ASU
November 23rd, 2013, 05:33 PM
So...

texcap
November 23rd, 2013, 05:36 PM
So...Meds or not, if he shows back up this should be epic!!

SUPharmacist
November 23rd, 2013, 05:43 PM
Did Sanford and Furman win and Chattanooga lose, not possible.

fmrbearkat
November 23rd, 2013, 05:50 PM
Furman getting the Auto all but assures chatty sitting at home IMO!

bjtheflamesfan
November 23rd, 2013, 05:58 PM
What would be hbilarious for me would be to see LIBERTY get in over UTC

SUPharmacist
November 23rd, 2013, 06:02 PM
What would be hbilarious for me would be to see LIBERTY get in over UTC

I don't think either get in. Of course, I also think the valley should only get 2 in.

gsu2583
November 23rd, 2013, 07:11 PM
Hey chattown,

**** you and the ****ing horse you ****ing rode in on.

You ****.

DSUrocks07
November 23rd, 2013, 07:43 PM
Meds or not, if he shows back up this should be epic!!

What time is the selection show? This will be the only thread I'll be watching. xcoolx

CID1990
November 23rd, 2013, 09:35 PM
Where is that idiot pogue Chattown?

How is it that the Borg is going to sit home?

Gotta win the big games

Bisonoline
November 23rd, 2013, 09:38 PM
Where is that idiot pogue Chattown?

How is it that the Borg is going to sit home?

Gotta win the big games

If Chatty backs in you can bet he will be here jizzing all over the place.

Southern Bison
November 23rd, 2013, 09:52 PM
So who had 11/20/2013 @ 1:27 ET in the "When Chattownmocs disappears" pool? If no one had the exact date & time, we will carry over the pot ($$) to next year.

CID1990
November 23rd, 2013, 10:50 PM
So who had 11/20/2013 @ 1:27 ET in the "When Chattownmocs disappears" pool? If no one had the exact date & time, we will carry over the pot ($$) to next year.

I sure as hell thought he'd be gone by October but then Huesman found a way to win this mule race with his thoroughbreds. About damn time

kingranch
November 24th, 2013, 09:31 AM
bump this mofo back to page one, I am still laughing

PaladinFan
November 24th, 2013, 10:01 AM
8-4 in the SoCon is usually good enough for an at large.

This season, though, they have to hope the committee takes three teams, as they'll be behind Furman and Samford. Oddly, I don't know how the GSU win over Florida affects strength of schedule, but UTC is the only one of the three that didn't beat the Eagles.

Southern Bison
November 24th, 2013, 10:16 AM
8-4 in the SoCon is usually good enough for an at large.

This season, though, they have to hope the committee takes three teams, as they'll be behind Furman and Samford. Oddly, I don't know how the GSU win over Florida affects strength of schedule, but UTC is the only one of the three that didn't beat the Eagles.

Strong point!...This hurts UT-C even more considering it's a fresh win for GaSo if the committee looks at common losses in the SoCon.

eaglewraith
November 24th, 2013, 10:50 AM
And the dream season comes to an end.

TheEagleWay
November 24th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Wow.

BisonBohl
November 24th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Hahaha....sorry but this is funny.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

dgtw
November 24th, 2013, 10:54 AM
When the last name popped up on the bracket and it wasn't Chatty, I laughed. When I'm watching SoCon mate Samford play Jax State (a team Chatty dropped from the schedule, imagine what a win there would have done for them), I'll continue to laugh.

LehighU11
November 24th, 2013, 10:55 AM
UTC got screwed over.

GreatAppSt
November 24th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Fire Imamoron!

Tubakat2014
November 24th, 2013, 10:57 AM
It's okay. As we all know, it's much more important to host several national championship games than it is to win one...

Squealofthepig
November 24th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Should we make it official and do a roll call to see who is laughing now?

Screamin_Eagle174
November 24th, 2013, 10:59 AM
This thread is pure gold. I'm gonna have to read all the way through it during this bye week before EWU's first playoff game. xlolx

Southern Bison
November 24th, 2013, 10:59 AM
UTC got screwed over.

So UT-C got "Lehigh-ed" this year? To Chattownmocs, YES! we're still laughing at you! xlolx

To the other Moc fans on here, I'll expect to see y'all in the playoffs next season.

344Johnson
November 24th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Surprised and saddened to see no chattown.

JSU02
November 24th, 2013, 11:06 AM
JSU02 is laughing now. xlolx

PaladinFan
November 24th, 2013, 11:07 AM
UTC had a great season. They had their destiny in their hands, and then turned it over to Elon, Furman, and eventually the committee.

ASU_Fanatic
November 24th, 2013, 11:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2fmEZ3-W5I

chattown right now

Mountaineer
November 24th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Bummer for the true Moc fans who have been with their team through thick and thin. :o This year may have been the best opportunity for a playoff shot as the SoCon is only going to get tougher with Furman making a come back, Wofford isn't going to stay down, and the new additions.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 24th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Damn,

I'm going to miss chattown.

See you next August buddy!

IBleedYellow
November 24th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Pretty lame they show your team then no pick. xlolx

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

eaglewraith
November 24th, 2013, 11:19 AM

Yea that was kinda ****ty on ESPN's part. They should have told the camera crew to make sure they GTFO when the last team was announced.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 24th, 2013, 11:22 AM

I remember saying that when the show started "They can't have a camera at Chatty and not let them in".

That was COLD BLOODED

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/255117/rick-james-cold-blooded-o.gif

kingranch
November 24th, 2013, 11:25 AM
I am picturing chattown in his basement bedroom absolutely destroying everything he can get his hands on right now, and I am still laughing my a88 off.

smallcollegefbfan
November 24th, 2013, 11:25 AM
I am a professional to I hate to laugh but I kept telling him all along and he dind't listen. Chattown, you really need to listen to me. You keep looking bad buddy!

With that said, I'll beat him to it. As much as I kept being against them this year saying they were overrated, UTC should win the SoCon next year. Samford is losing too much on paper while I don't think Wofford has the talent they do and GSU and App are gone. I would say UTC and Furman are the top 2. Furman should be better if they can keep their QB healthy. Would not surprise me to see UTC go 8-3 or 92, depending on their schedule, and the same with Furman. Will be interesting to see if Tartt becomes the player I thought he should have been this year and if they replace Summerlin and Truss so that's why I would not put them in the top 2. Those two will be very hard to replace.

chattownmocs
November 24th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Oh no, we suck again.

eaglewraith
November 24th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Oh no, we suck again.

In all fairness, that was a dirty trick ESPN pulled. When I saw that team shot at the beginning of the show I thought ya'll had squeeked in.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 24th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Oh no, we suck again.

Again? Did you ever stop?

blueballs
November 24th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Looks like ESPN got the last laugh... getting them all together for the selection show and then pulling the rug out from under them. It was like the ultimate cock tease... bwahahahahahahahahahahajaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GATA
November 24th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Oh no, we suck again.

...If only the biased SOCON refs wouldn't have "stolen" the game from ya'll in Statesboro...

Adios Amigos! Off to the SunBelt!

It's been real.

Cocky
November 24th, 2013, 11:38 AM
UTC got screwed over.
How?

chattownmocs
November 24th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Oh no, I can't see myself, where did I go? I'm dissapearing.......go mocs...

DP_ASU
November 24th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Oh no, I can't we see myself, where did I go? I'm dissapearing.......go mocs...

This guy...xlolx

dgtw
November 24th, 2013, 12:24 PM
I agree it was crappy of ESPN to show UTC's team when they (I assume) knew they weren't going to make it.

IBleedYellow
November 24th, 2013, 12:45 PM
I died laughing at the "Oh No, we suck again." comment. Cheers Chattown.

pike51
November 24th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Well... I would be laughing but ESPN was dirty on how they handled it and I think that was crappy. I'd be pissed had they done that to us.

Better luck next year!

DrStrangelove
November 24th, 2013, 06:59 PM
I know I posted this earlier in the thread, but given the events of the day, it carries an extra dose of snark the second time around, so you folks will forgive me, I hope, for this encore:

"Oh, chattownmocs, I apologize. I forgot you were there. You may go now."

Bisonator
November 24th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Hey chattownmocs, yeah we're still xlolx

bjtheflamesfan
November 24th, 2013, 07:14 PM
They had a chance to step up to the top of the mountain after finally winning games that matter and with the autobid served up on a silver platter and they soiled their jockstraps and face planted within yards of the finish line and got passed by Furman and Samford...I feel sad for folks like UCmoc and chattanoogamocs and the others...as I laugh at chattownmocs and he fades into oblivion until spring ball...

Bisonoline
November 24th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Oh no, we suck again.

What do you mean again?

SpeedkingATL
November 24th, 2013, 09:29 PM
Hate it for the Mocs. They couldn't close the deal against Sammy and the overall poor OOC performance by the SoCon meant no 3rd SoCon team. Still this was the best year in a decade or more for UTC.

eaglewraith
November 24th, 2013, 10:53 PM
Hate it for the Mocs. They couldn't close the deal against Sammy and the overall poor OOC performance by the SoCon meant no 3rd SoCon team. Still this was the best year in a decade or more for UTC.

Hey we did our job OOC :D

ThompsonThe
November 24th, 2013, 11:06 PM
Oh no, I can't see myself, where did I go? I'm dissapearing.......go mocs...

Maybe someone from ESPN reads this thread and had to have revenge on chattownmocs.

seantaylor
November 25th, 2013, 02:24 AM
Bummer for the true Moc fans who have been with their team through thick and thin. :o This year may have been the best opportunity for a playoff shot as the SoCon is only going to get tougher with Furman making a come back, Wofford isn't going to stay down, and the new additions.

Huh? Socon is only getting much weaker with no GSU and Appy. Chatty could secure one of the two bids the Socon will get over next few years.

Go Apps
November 25th, 2013, 06:43 AM
Just to add salt to the wound - if ASU or GSU had gotten to 8-4 both would have gotten invites (if they were eligibe) and everybody knows it!

CID1990
November 25th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Huh? Socon is only getting much weaker with no GSU and Appy. Chatty could secure one of the two bids the Socon will get over next few years.

Yes the SoCon will miss ASU and GSU for a bit, but it bears mentioning that neither GSU nor ASU would have made the playoffs this year even if eligible.

eaglewraith
November 25th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Just to add salt to the wound - if ASU or GSU had gotten to 8-4 both would have gotten invites (if they were eligibe) and everybody knows it!

Actually, with our finish this weekend, I think we'd have made it in. We wouldn't have been out of the rankings like we were because we only got votes from half the voters all year. We were 3-0 OOC with a huge quality win and played a full D1 schedule. Couple that with our consecutive top 4 finishes and we would have been in (I think that's the only reason SHSU made it).

FormerPokeCenter
November 25th, 2013, 08:18 AM
You guys are looking at it all wrong. ESPN might not have been yanking Chattanooga's chain at all. It just may be that with the general indifference to FCS from the folks in Bristol, somebody thought the championship game was still played there...

Or...it could have been that after having to go there for 13 straight years, perhaps somebody with ESPN had a favorite restaurant in Chattown and was looking for a legitimate reason to get back there for a weekend...

Or...pulling the rug out from under the Mocs was payback for having to endure 13 straight trips to Chattanooga??

smallcollegefbfan
November 25th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Maybe someone from ESPN reads this thread and had to have revenge on chattownmocs.

I kept saying 7-5 or 8-4 for them and borderline for the playoffs. He kept saying I'm an idiot. Funny how you can be right over someone 100% of the time and yet they still name call and try to spin things so that they are right, even when it is clear they aren't.

BisonHype!
November 25th, 2013, 01:28 PM
This will be the thread that I go to throughout the year. Rather than laughing at all of our victims individually with new threads, we will keep it all here. This season is several years in the works and finally seeing it all pay off at the expense of all the haters will be fulfilling.

Damn... This quote doesn't get old.

BisonHype!
November 25th, 2013, 02:00 PM
I am picturing chattown in his basement bedroom absolutely destroying everything he can get his hands on right now, and I am still laughing my a88 off.

Same here. haha

pike51
November 25th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Picked as SOCON champions

5 All-Americans

6 First Team SOCON

9 all Socon

GTFO

And STILL, no playoffs since 1984. :)

I'm not sure exactly what it all means though... either pre-season stuff means dick or Germans love David Hasselhoff. I'm leaning towards the Hoff!

Mountaineer
November 25th, 2013, 02:58 PM
I'm leaning towards the Hoff!

http://m3.i.pbase.com/v3/96/492696/1/46405883.hasselhoff.gif

PaladinFan
November 25th, 2013, 03:54 PM

You mean the App State and Georgia Southern teams that Samford/UTC/Furman went 5-1 against?

The conference is fine and will be fine without you. All of the argument about "we're not good because of injuries" really kind of went away after beating Florida.

Bison56
November 25th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Championship defense, championship running game, few turnovers, few penalties=clearcut national championship contender #FeartheMocs

One of my favorites.

sharkeycox
November 25th, 2013, 05:52 PM

I hope they have taken all sharp objects away from him.

smallcollegefbfan
November 25th, 2013, 06:21 PM
One of my favorites.

They have never really had a championship defense or any of that. They have some talent but really they just have 4 good players on each side of the ball and everyone else is a level above what is needed to win a SoCon title. They have slowly been doing better. I really think they should be a top 2 favorite to win the SoCon next year, on paper, so I'm sure he is going to come on here and proclaim their national championship chances. :)

pike51
November 26th, 2013, 07:46 AM
They have never really had a championship defense or any of that. They have some talent but really they just have 4 good players on each side of the ball and everyone else is a level above what is needed to win a SoCon title. They have slowly been doing better. I really think they should be a top 2 favorite to win the SoCon next year, on paper, so I'm sure he is going to come on here and proclaim their national championship chances. :)

What are you talking about? Chattanooga will win the Super Bowl next year. No contest! The only reason they aren't in the playoffs this year is because they wanted to spend Thanksgiving with their families one final time.

DrStrangelove
November 26th, 2013, 08:11 AM

I really and truly believe we should keep this thread going, so it's still here when he returns.

SCPALADIN
November 26th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Chattanooga - 109
Ditka - 3

xcoffeex xlolxxcoffeex

SpeedkingATL
November 26th, 2013, 08:53 AM
UTC has secretly brokered a deal to join the SEC with the announcement being made next Januaru. They couldn't announce the move until after winning the FCS National Championship for fear of being banned from the playoffs by the NCAA.

ASUMountaineer
November 26th, 2013, 10:42 AM
You mean the App State and Georgia Southern teams that Samford/UTC/Furman went 5-1 against?

The conference is fine and will be fine without you. All of the argument about "we're not good because of injuries" really kind of went away after beating Florida.

At least it's not about the refs. Chattown has taken that title from the GSU fans this season.

ASUMountaineer
November 26th, 2013, 10:42 AM
One of my favorites.

Great find. xlolx

PaladinFan
November 26th, 2013, 11:42 AM
At least it's not about the refs. Chattown has taken that title from the GSU fans this season.

The refs are awful for everyone. The blow calls against every team.

ASUMountaineer
November 26th, 2013, 11:48 AM
The refs are awful for everyone. The blow calls against every team.

No argument from me, but try telling that to GSU fans. xlolx

Bisonator
November 26th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Chattownmocs is probably in his happy place. Subway's restroom with a pic of Tull and the bottle of oil!

smallcollegefbfan
November 26th, 2013, 01:38 PM
What are you talking about? Chattanooga will win the Super Bowl next year. No contest! The only reason they aren't in the playoffs this year is because they wanted to spend Thanksgiving with their families one final time.

LOL :)

DP_ASU
November 29th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Lol...

BisonBacker
November 29th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Chattownmocs is probably in his happy place. Subway's restroom with a pic of Tull and the bottle of oil!

Thanks for the laugh but not the visual LOL

GreatAppSt
November 30th, 2013, 09:00 PM
What was the Chatty playoff game score today?

still laughing!xlolx

SCPALADIN
November 30th, 2013, 09:09 PM
What was the Chatty playoff game score today?

still laughing!xlolx

Amazingly, not as bad as Samford's.

Bisonator
November 30th, 2013, 10:05 PM
Amazingly, not as bad as Samford's.

Burn!

http://tylertayhass.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/burn.jpg

SIUSalukiFan
November 30th, 2013, 10:14 PM
Oh, sweet Jesus ... I am fairly new here and had to check out the first few pages of this thread just to see what it was all about. Then, Chattanooga lost to UT-Martin in the season opener? xlolx

That cash grab in the season finale against Alabama might not have been advisable.

bjtheflamesfan
December 6th, 2013, 04:33 PM
And he's gone...until signing day

Bison56
December 6th, 2013, 05:50 PM
LOL, these chumps think I am talking about default SOCON titles. I'm talking about 8-0 in the SOCON and National championship.

xlolx

ThompsonThe
December 6th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Any bets on national signing day who claims to have the best recruiting class of all time, and best in the SoCon?

Southern Bison
December 6th, 2013, 10:34 PM
Any bets on national signing day who claims to have the best recruiting class of all time, and best in the SoCon?

I'll take Chattownmocs for $800, Alex.

ThompsonThe
December 7th, 2013, 12:26 AM
Well I believe we have a winner...
But for second place we have two season tickets to Mocs games....
and third place we have four season tickets to Mocs games.....

pike51
December 11th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Anyone still laughing?

On a related note, this thread needs to be archived.

Bisonator
December 11th, 2013, 12:12 PM
I do kind of miss chattownmocs. xlolx

BisonBacker
December 11th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Anyone still laughing?

On a related note, this thread needs to be archived.

Yeah I'm still chuckling over chatownmocs drivel and how he crawls in a hole and hides when they get beatdown. But he makes it so easy it's kinda not fun anymore. I'm sure the fun will be back next August if not sooner when he will again regale all of us with the greatness that is Chatty!

BEAR
December 11th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Are we still laughing?
Is his prediction still passing?
Are they champs of the SOCON
Or are they all gone?
Are they couch QB-ing?
Or did I miss seeing
them in the field of twenty four?
Maybe next year, no FOR SURE!

Are we still laughing
or is the season finished?
Are his claims to glory
somewhat diminished?

Quit laughing, I'm relieved,
this thread can die now
cuz no one believed
those predictions anyhow.

texcap
December 11th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Yeah I'm still chuckling over chatownmocs drivel and how he crawls in a hole and hides when they get beatdown. But he makes it so easy it's kinda not fun anymore. I'm sure the fun will be back next August if not sooner when he will again regale all of us with the greatness that is Chatty!
I hear that Chattown is spreading the word that the only reason Coach Bohl took such a lowly job as Wyoming is that he was afraid that next year he would have to face mini-Tebow, Coach Huesman and the soon to ne NFC South Champion Chattanooga Mocs. Let's face it, the only reason Coach Bohl would leave NDSU is a fear of facing the Mocs, especially if the officials quit all their lying!

centennial
December 11th, 2013, 01:03 PM
I hear that Chattown is spreading the word that the only reason Coach Bohl took such a lowly job as Wyoming is that he was afraid that next year he would have to face mini-Tebow, Coach Huesman and the soon to ne NFC South Champion Chattanooga Mocs. Let's face it, the only reason Coach Bohl would leave NDSU is a fear of facing the Mocs, especially if the officials quit all their lying!
Bohl called me and told me that he doesn't want to get humiliated so he is running to Wyoming. We all know if Chatt played NDSU the score would be 55-3.

Bisonator
December 11th, 2013, 02:47 PM

Heard we were trying to lure Huesman to NDSU but I guess he is off to either 'Bama or Texas.

Southern Bison
December 12th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Chattownmocs for AGS Humor Award or the AGS Smack Award?

pike51
December 12th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Chattownmocs for AGS Humor Award or the AGS Smack Award?

He should get a special "Nostradamus" badge. :)

DrStrangelove
December 12th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Bohl called me and told me that he doesn't want to get humiliated so he is running to Wyoming. We all know if Chatt played NDSU the score would be 55-3.

The only way NDSU can score 3 on Chatty is if the Mocs line up and kick the field goal for them.

SCPALADIN
December 13th, 2013, 07:51 AM
He should get a special "Nostradumbass" badge. :)

Fixed...

Bisonoline
December 16th, 2013, 05:31 PM
What time is Chatty playing this weekend?

blueballs
December 16th, 2013, 05:51 PM
What time is Chatty playing this weekend?

8pm Sunday... Football Night in America. Chatty is taking on both NFL teams for a half jamboree style.

Southern Bison
January 9th, 2014, 12:07 AM
For the "Chattown returns talking BS that UTC would put up points against NDSU in the playoffs" pool...who had January??

Bisonator
January 9th, 2014, 09:39 AM
Let's just change the year in the title of this thread and keep xlolx.

DrStrangelove
January 9th, 2014, 12:01 PM
JSU has to play the Mocs at Finley Stadium next fall. Can we just go ahead and forfeit and get it over with?

centennial
January 9th, 2014, 01:11 PM
Chatty, how many games do you think the Mocs will win next year?

PaladinFan
January 9th, 2014, 10:07 PM
Chatty, how many games do you think the Mocs will win next year?

Have to wait for the schedules. I believe they have two FBS contests in 2014 (CMU and UT). SoCon will be in a big transition year. Even with GSU and App being down in 2013, they are still tougher opponents than I expect Mercer and VMI will be in their first season.

Southern Bison
January 9th, 2014, 10:13 PM
Losses to Furman, Mercer, UT, CMU, & Jax St. leave the Mocs home for Thanksgiving weekend.

PaladinFan
January 10th, 2014, 05:04 AM
Losses to Furman, Mercer, UT, CMU, & Jax St. leave the Mocs home for Thanksgiving weekend.

I don't see them losing to Mercer. I like Lamb, and I think Mercer shocked a lot of people this season. However, in my experience, most fledgling FCS programs struggle upon joining to the SoCon. At least, that's pretty well held true for a while.

pike51
July 11th, 2014, 07:02 AM
I love this thread so much! Had to bump!! :)

NoDak 4 Ever
July 11th, 2014, 07:46 AM
The Mocs continue to garner among the most media coverage in FCS.

This was my favorite.

I totally remember this scene from Chattanooga. Good times.

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/22/b9/6e/22b96e76d13b36f93c1e3af72b603309.jpg

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 11th, 2014, 04:40 PM
This was my favorite.

I totally remember this scene from Chattanooga. Good times.

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/22/b9/6e/22b96e76d13b36f93c1e3af72b603309.jpg

I thought GameDay has been to Chatty 2 or 3 times.....I could be wrong though!?!?

xlolx

pike51
July 15th, 2014, 09:55 AM
I thought GameDay has been to Chatty 2 or 3 times.....I could be wrong though!?!?

xlolx

How many times has Fargo hosted the title game? Yeah... you shut your mouth before you know the facts jack! :)

NoDak 4 Ever
July 15th, 2014, 11:40 AM
How many times has Fargo hosted the title game? Yeah... you shut your mouth before you know the facts jack! :)

Dammit, hosting is almost winning it. Chatty has hosted 12 times so probably won about 9 or so, right?

I'm so glad they moved to Frisco.

ElonFirefighter
July 15th, 2014, 03:23 PM
its coming up on 1 year. shouldn't the official 2014 thread be starting soon????

Professor Chaos
July 15th, 2014, 04:06 PM
its coming up on 1 year. shouldn't the official 2014 thread be starting soon????

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?151695-Official-2014-Chattanooga-Who-is-laughing-now-Thread

I think the point was the 2013 thread is just too good to let go.

BisonFan02
July 15th, 2014, 04:09 PM
I will make sure this one doesn't disappear after week 5.

Speaking of....check out post #2....thanks for the help guys! xlolx

BisonFan02
July 15th, 2014, 04:28 PM
If a fan base that doesn't travel well makes it to Frisco opposite of NDSU, it would have been a lot more skewed than it was. SHSU being 3 hours and change away helped them.

Nostradamus.... Haha

BisonFan02
July 15th, 2014, 04:29 PM
Just looked at NDSU DTs. Laughed hard at the notion they anywhere near the level of our guys. 1 2nd team all conference player, and a "freshman all american" who started 4 games and made 21 tackles?? WTF. Then some freshman and Bemidji State? transfers. What the Hell is Bemidji?

Oh, hey....look what I found.

Lehigh'98
July 15th, 2014, 04:50 PM
Oh, hey....look what I found.

Bemidji was the town where the Fargo TV series took place. Billy Bob and Martin Freeman were great in that show.

BisonFan02
July 15th, 2014, 04:52 PM
Bemidji was the town where the Fargo TV series took place. Billy Bob and Martin Freeman were great in that show.

No doubt...a lot of stuff in "Duluth" too....if I recall though, either 99 or 100% of the show was actually shot in Canada (Alberta somewhere?).

Lehigh'98
July 15th, 2014, 05:01 PM
Yea now that I remember reading it was shot in Canada and there was travel between Bemidji and Duluth (about 3 hrs, I googled it during the show cuz I have no life). The snowstorm shootout was my favorite. Aces!!

BisonFan02
July 15th, 2014, 05:06 PM
Yea now that I remember reading it was shot in Canada and there was travel between Bemidji and Duluth (about 3 hrs, I googled it during the show cuz I have no life). The snowstorm shootout was my favorite. Aces!!

xlolx Aces!

bjtheflamesfan
July 15th, 2014, 05:07 PM
I look back through my comments in this discussion and really the only thing I got wrong was that they would not win more than six games. While they did beat App State (who was on their way out anyway), they lost to GaSou and then blew their chance to win the SoCon outright and earn the autobid by losing to Samford in the game that REALLY mattered

NoDak 4 Ever
July 15th, 2014, 05:36 PM
Calgary. That's why Fargo and Duluth looked so big

Lehigh'98
July 15th, 2014, 07:11 PM
Yea, the weird part was it had nothing to do with Fargo, not even the same state. They just used the name because they thought it sounded better.

Bisonoline
July 15th, 2014, 08:02 PM
Yea, the weird part was it had nothing to do with Fargo, not even the same state. They just used the name because they thought it sounded better.

Yeah, Brainerd and Bemidji just would sound right. LOL The only scene that has to do with Fargo was the opening bar scene.

The Cats
July 21st, 2014, 12:14 PM
Better watch out chattownmocs, citdog is out drinking you in chugging down that kool-aide this year.

citdog
July 21st, 2014, 12:17 PM
Better watch out chattownmocs, citdog is out drinking you in chugging down that kool-aide this year.

Again.....WHO HAS WON ONE DIVISION I GAME IN THREE YEARS AND IS POSTING ABOUT HOW "WCU IS A FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH IN THE SOCON."

The Cats
July 21st, 2014, 12:32 PM
Again.....WHO HAS WON ONE DIVISION I GAME IN THREE YEARS AND IS POSTING ABOUT HOW "WCU IS A FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH IN THE SOCON."

Again......What does that say about Citadel then, only beating a team that "stinks" and has only won one division 1 game in the last three years, by only 7 points?

I didn't say "WCU IS A FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH IN THE SOCON." However, I do say WCU is a force that Citadel football will have to reckon with, and this season, they might not reckon too well, with both Robinson & Dupree gone.

BisonBacker
July 21st, 2014, 01:10 PM
I make a motion to rename this thread "The Official 2014 Chattanooga, Who is laughing now? Thread" so we can keep the string going and not have to go look up old posts for reference!!

Bisonator
July 21st, 2014, 01:59 PM
Where's chattown been anyway? Working double overtime at the Subway?? Trying to buy those Frisco tickets I presume.......xlolx

Mattymc727
July 21st, 2014, 02:06 PM
Just went back to read pages 80-100 or so, just a real fun time for everybody. Thanks Chattown

citdog
July 21st, 2014, 02:09 PM
Again......What does that say about Citadel then, only beating a team that "stinks" and has only won one division 1 game in the last three years, by only 7 points?

I didn't say "WCU IS A FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH IN THE SOCON." However, I do say WCU is a force that Citadel football will have to reckon with, and this season, they might not reckon too well, with both Robinson & Dupree gone.

We went up 28-0 and tried to not embarrass y'all. Houston won't take his foot off the gas.

The Cats
July 21st, 2014, 02:56 PM
We went up 28-0 and tried to not embarrass y'all. Houston won't take his foot off the gas.

Yeah, just keep going to bed every night telling yourself that.

By Oct. 25th 2014, you might even believe it yourself.

citdog
July 21st, 2014, 06:46 PM
Yeah, just keep going to bed every night telling yourself that.

By Oct. 25th 2014, you might even believe it yourself.

I believe it already. We beat you and we will continue to do so. We have a MUCH better program. At least your Whitmire Stadium has TWO sides now!

bjtheflamesfan
July 22nd, 2014, 07:59 AM
Who whoa whoa guys...remember the purpose of this thread (and the 2014 thread) is to laugh at chattown and his woefully inaccurate visions of greatness for his beloved Mocs as they annually trip over their own feet and face plant in a pool of their own vomit. if you want to go hammer and tongs and salve your own butthurt (or rivalry or whatever this is between Cats and Citdog), there's a place for that...but for now lets all keep to the mission of this thread

BisonBacker
July 22nd, 2014, 08:05 AM
Who whoa whoa guys...remember the purpose of this thread (and the 2014 thread) is to laugh at chattown and his woefully inaccurate visions of greatness for his beloved Mocs as they annually trip over their own feet and face plant in a pool of their own vomit. if you want to go hammer and tongs and salve your own butthurt (or rivalry or whatever this is between Cats and Citdog), there's a place for that...but for now lets all keep to the mission of this thread

Here here I agree. Now as to my earlier suggestion should this thread be renamed tot eh 2014 version or did I miss the opening round and new 2014 thread somewhere. I'm looking forward to reading chattown's posts of greatness and then his sudden disappearance from the thread for 8 months xlolx

skinny_uncle
July 22nd, 2014, 01:16 PM
Wow! Is this thing still alive?

NoDak 4 Ever
July 22nd, 2014, 01:19 PM
Wow! Is this thing still alive?

He probably knows better not to do a new one so we have to keep this thing alive.

Houndawg
July 23rd, 2014, 07:48 AM

Wait, I thought that was UNI...?

pike51
August 28th, 2016, 09:28 PM
So, I came over just to see how things were going and I decided to dig up this oldie but goodie. Hard to believe it's been so long since this thread started and ended. Reading through the 293 pages brought back so many fond memories. We laughed, we cried, we held hands and sang songs... Everyone knew the ending before it started. It was kind of like a Tarintino movie.

Keep it real AGS! GATA and Hail Southern!!

Bisonoline
August 28th, 2016, 09:36 PM
I will make sure this one doesn't disappear after week 5.

The thread didnt disappear but he sure did. xlolx

Bisonoline
August 28th, 2016, 09:38 PM
This will be the thread that I go to throughout the year. Rather than laughing at all of our victims individually with new threads, we will keep it all here. This season is several years in the works and finally seeing it all pay off at the expense of all the haters will be fulfilling.

Hows this working out for you?xnodxxlolx

JSUSoutherner
August 28th, 2016, 11:02 PM
I'd only heard the stories of this legendary thread. I guess I have some reading to do. Should be fun.

Also,

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CVfqDRvVEAAVtbB.mp4

chattownmocs
August 28th, 2016, 11:10 PM
Hows this working out for you?xnodxxlolx

It's going great bitch. If what I saw last night was supposed to be the class of the fcs we are gonna have a field day this year. You guys look like hot garbage.

JSUSoutherner
August 28th, 2016, 11:34 PM
My prediction:

UTC goes 8-3 in the regular season and is out of the playoffs by the second round.

BisonFan02
August 28th, 2016, 11:52 PM
It's going great bitch. If what I saw last night was supposed to be the class of the fcs we are gonna have a field day this year. You guys look like hot garbage.

Are we gonna do this **** again Chatty? xlolx

Thumper 76
August 28th, 2016, 11:56 PM
My prediction:

UTC goes 8-3 in the regular season and is out of the playoffs by the second round.

In other news, the Sun will rise in the east tomorrow.

JSUSoutherner
August 29th, 2016, 12:23 AM
In other news, the Sun will rise in the east tomorrow.
I know. I'm just trying to see if he comes back with some "You're crazy. We're going to stomp teams in Frisco" post.

Thumper 76
August 29th, 2016, 12:25 AM
I know. I'm just trying to see if he comes back with some "You're crazy. We're going to stomp teams in Frisco" post.

Same answer. Rinse and repeat.

Edit: do you ever shine a laser pointer in front of a cat and wonder if it will chase it?

Schism55
August 29th, 2016, 12:58 AM
I know unfamiliar things can be scary, especially when it's 2 of them. That is what's known as a sellout and national championship banner unveiling.

chattownmocs
August 29th, 2016, 01:26 AM
North dakota state looked small, slow and soft. Chattanooga will win by double digits if/when we play you.

Twentysix
August 29th, 2016, 01:55 AM
North dakota state looked small, slow and soft. Chattanooga will win by double digits if/when we play you.

k

dgtw
August 29th, 2016, 04:41 AM
This thread has hall of fame written all over it.

The 15th post in the thread. Good call, Prof!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
August 29th, 2016, 08:21 AM
Same answer. Rinse and repeat.

Edit: do you ever shine a laser pointer in front of a cat and wonder if it will chase it?
I don't wonder, but it's always amusing to watch he cat for a few minutes.

Lehigh'98
August 29th, 2016, 08:28 AM
Chattown riling up Bison fans will never stop being funny!

chattownmocs
August 29th, 2016, 08:32 AM
It might be funny but it's no joke, they've got a long way to go if they don't want to get absolutely dominated at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

CSU18
August 29th, 2016, 08:39 AM
It might be funny but it's no joke, they've got a long way to go if they don't want to get absolutely dominated at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

NDSU is the best team in the country until further notice (and I don't say that because of this past game). Don't know much about Chatty and what they have this year, but I don't think dominated at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball is even close to an accurate comment.

chattownmocs
August 29th, 2016, 08:41 AM
NDSU is the best team in the country until further notice (and I don't say that because of this past game). Don't know much about Chatty and what they have this year, but I don't think dominated at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball is even close to an accurate comment.

Why would you post your opinion if you don't know anything about it?

JSUSoutherner
August 29th, 2016, 08:46 AM
I find it funny your critiquing the Bison. They lost their opener last year and stomped us in Frisco. Also didn't you guys get stomped by UT-Martin in the season opener after you started this thread?

When's the last time you guys even won a season opener against a D1 opponent? 2006?

We wonder the same thing about you all the time.

chattownmocs
August 29th, 2016, 08:57 AM
I find it funny your critiquing the Bison. They lost their opener last year and stomped us in Frisco. Also didn't you guys get stomped by UT-Martin in the season opener after you started this thread?

When's the last time you guys even won a season opener against a D1 opponent? 2006?

We wonder the same thing about you all the time.

Yeah this thread is old as hell genius. Yeah we lost to ut martin and then 2013. You trying to help my point or hurt it? I didn't bump this thread. I'm not talking about 2013 right now. It's not 2013, or 2014, or as you and the bizzon will soon learn. It's not 2015. Jacksonville state is a complete nonfactor, and the bizzon have taken a huge step back at the line of scrimmage and qb.

Professor Chaos
August 29th, 2016, 09:00 AM
NDSU also has a long ways to go until we've hosted 15 national title games (which I've heard is comparable to winning 2.... errr.... 5). xrolleyesx

Professor Chaos
August 29th, 2016, 09:04 AM
Posted on September 18, 2013, 11:36 AM (CT): http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?135592-Official-2013-Chattanooga-Who-is-laughing-now-Thread&p=2009728&viewfull=1#post2009728

It really is silly. North Dakota State, what a joke. From the state of North Dakota to the city of Fargo, nothing but a laughing stock. North Dakota State football, what an embarrassment, they've been hiding in D3 NAIA, for the past how long. Finally they decide to play football, they have a pretty good recruiting plan, they hit on some good players, won a few national titles. Targeted the worst possible FBS opponents to raise their profile, won most of the games. What chicken **** program, hiding in NAIA as "North Dakota State University" what a bunch of cowards. And now to have some beginners luck and you are Alabama. You are a C***. So yes, the fact that our football stadium hosted the national title for 3 times longer than you have even been eligible for it, does makes us better than you. Let's say y'all have been better every year of D1 and maybe 5 other random years. That's about 10 percent of our program. You guys aren't Alabama, you aren't even my jock strap. You aren't even on Mount Union's level as far as I'm concerned. You area cowardly, pissant, School, city, state. STFU
The more things change the more they stay the same...

UNIFanSince1983
August 29th, 2016, 09:05 AM
The great thing about this is NDSU will never have to worry about Chatt beating them as Chatt will lose too early in the playoffs to ever see NDSU.

JSUSoutherner
August 29th, 2016, 09:10 AM
Yeah this thread is old as hell genius. Yeah we lost to ut martin and then 2013. You trying to help my point or hurt it? I didn't bump this thread. I'm not talking about 2013 right now. It's not 2013, or 2014, or as you and the bizzon will soon learn. It's not 2015. Jacksonville state is a complete nonfactor, and the bizzon have taken a huge step back at the line of scrimmage and qb.
Keep telling yourself that. xthumbsupx

jsualumnus
August 29th, 2016, 09:32 AM
Chattownmocs was probably that little b**** that ran down to the field and threw beer on our players last year then ran off away from the stadium. Their students and so-called fans were horrible. Older crowd is classy... Payback was the INT to end your sorry ass season last year. 1 and done! I'll take that loss to NDSU any day. Only made us better!

bobcathpdevil56
August 29th, 2016, 09:34 AM
I was not in a great mood coming to work this morning, and just like magic, I find that this wonderful thread has been resurrected. Hits me right in the good feelers!!!!

jsualumnus
August 29th, 2016, 09:36 AM
I was not in a great mood coming to work this morning, and just like magic, I find that this wonderful thread has been resurrected. Hits me right in the good feelers!!!!

here's to MSU having a good year this year!xdrunkyx

JSUSoutherner
August 29th, 2016, 09:37 AM
Chattownmocs was probably that little b**** that ran down to the field and threw beer on our players last year then ran off away from the stadium. Their students and so-called fans were horrible. Older crowd is classy... Payback was the INT to end your sorry ass season last year. 1 and done! I'll take that loss to NDSU any day. Only made us better!
You mean this INT?

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CVfqDRvVEAAVtbB.mp4

:D

chattownmocs
August 29th, 2016, 09:49 AM
Overtime. Now chattanooga returns 17 starters and jacksonville state has 7? 8? Grass is a disaster. He has 2 senior RBs and he brought in an auburn reject to be his starter. His qb recruiting, consisted of an ex-UTC WR and a dimwitted reality TV star who was on his way to mississippi state state to play intramural before a desperate john grass offered him a scholarship. It's sad how in shambles your roster is right now. And it happened so quickly. Pathetic. I guess you should expect it from a career high school coach. Who btw, underachieved in high school. What a loser.

JSUSoutherner
August 29th, 2016, 09:56 AM
Overtime. Now chattanooga returns 17 starters and jacksonville state has 7? 8? Grass is a disaster. He has 2 senior RBs and he brought in an auburn reject to be his starter. His qb recruiting, consisted of an ex-UTC WR and a dimwitted reality TV star who was on his way to mississippi state state to play intramural before a desperate john grass offered him a scholarship. It's sad how in shambles your roster is right now. And it happened so quickly. Pathetic. I guess you should expect it from a career high school coach. Who btw, underachieved in high school. What a loser.
xlolx

Oh god, please send help. Laughing too hard. Can't get off floor! LMAOOOOOOOO!

jsualumnus
August 29th, 2016, 10:04 AM
Yep, that same coaching staff and players that beat ur asses twice last year and ended your pipe dreams of playing for a natty. Those guys.... Those horrible people.... That laughing stock of a program.... Hey, hey... Remember when you guys took us to overtime, and....and... Remember when Huesman threw that pass then all you dumb asses over in the stands were like, "...ohhhhh ssshhhiiitttttttttttt!!!!!"??????

Bison56
August 29th, 2016, 10:08 AM

Why not, you do

chattownmocs
August 29th, 2016, 10:18 AM
Yep, that same coaching staff and players that beat ur asses twice last year and ended your pipe dreams of playing for a natty. Those guys.... Those horrible people.... That laughing stock of a program.... Hey, hey... Remember when you guys took us to overtime, and....and... Remember when Huesman threw that pass then all you dumb asses over in the stands were like, "...ohhhhh ssshhhiiitttttttttttt!!!!!"??????

Yeah what a couple off ass whippings, and no. Not the same playets, not even remotely close to same the players. Not even a shell of the same team.

JSUSoutherner
August 29th, 2016, 10:22 AM
Yeah what a couple off ass whippings, and no. Not the same playets, not even remotely close to same the players. Not even a shell of the same team.
He's right, Chattanooga isn't even close to the same team. They lost Huesman (AKA their entire Offense). The other 17 returnees don't count.

chattownmocs
August 29th, 2016, 10:38 AM
He's right, Chattanooga isn't even close to the same team. They lost Huesman (AKA their entire Offense). The other 17 returnees don't count.

Penny smith didn't run from huesman. He ran from bennifield.

JSUSoutherner
August 29th, 2016, 10:43 AM
Penny smith didn't run from huesman. He ran from bennifield.
Penny Smith isn't even on our three deep.

Bisonoline
August 29th, 2016, 10:45 AM

Nice deflection. LOL LOL

Dont be angry at us. You should be angry at the people who raised and educated you which has lead to your abject stupidity. But thanks for playing. xthumbsupx

chattownmocs
August 29th, 2016, 10:47 AM
Penny Smith isn't even on our three deep.

You guys just wasted a scholarship on a guy on a juco who isn't even in your 3 deep? Wow. Grass is worse than I thought. I'll let you know if we have anymore WRs who want to be qbs next year.

Thumper 76
August 29th, 2016, 10:49 AM
I don't wonder, but it's always amusing to watch he cat for a few minutes.

Oh more than a few minutes. This is entertainment for a couple days here.

JSUSoutherner
August 29th, 2016, 10:55 AM
You guys just wasted a scholarship on a guy on a juco who isn't even in your 3 deep? Wow. Grass is worse than I thought. I'll let you know if we have anymore WRs who want to be qbs next year.
Who said he was on full scholarship? I sure didn't.

Bisonoline
August 29th, 2016, 11:06 AM

Yeah grass is a loser. Where were you guys playing in Jan this year? As a matter of fact I must ask where were you guys playing in Jan the last 6 years?
With all of your trash talk on how terrible everyone else is and how great the Mooockies are WTF happened? :D

pike51
August 29th, 2016, 11:16 AM
I wasn't really trying to get a discussion stared in here, just brought it up for old times sake.

There really should be a separate 2016 thread...

Bison56
August 29th, 2016, 12:23 PM
Chattownmocs your desperation is showing.

TheRevSFA
August 29th, 2016, 01:28 PM
We should set up a poll as to when Chattown disappears from the board this year

TheKingpin28
August 29th, 2016, 05:22 PM
Chatttown is the Emory of FCS knowledge. Says a lot of **** that equates to about 1 Zimbabwe dollar.

The Yo Show
August 30th, 2016, 12:20 AM
Read this thread from beginning to end over the last two days. Oh man, I've learned alot. How was I not aware of this until now?

LeadBolt
August 30th, 2016, 12:26 AM
We should set up a poll as to when Chattown disappears from the board this year

With the cream puff schedule they have, he might be around all year, if he can survive losing to The Citadel and The Catamounts...

Bison56
August 30th, 2016, 09:46 AM
Chatttown is the Emory of FCS knowledge. Says a lot of **** that equates to about 1 Zimbabwe dollar.

xbowx

skinny_uncle
August 30th, 2016, 09:51 AM
Read this thread from beginning to end over the last two days. Oh man, I've learned alot. How was I not aware of this until now?

Newb.

POD Knows
August 30th, 2016, 10:24 AM

Hey, post the Cliff notes, I don't want 3,000 posts.

JSUSoutherner
August 30th, 2016, 10:29 AM
Hey, post the Cliff notes, I don't want 3,000 posts.
Summary:

Chattown talked a lot of smack about UTC's all world team that proceeded to lose to UT-Martin in the season opener and go on to a 8-4 record and missed the playoffs. The other posts are people making fun of him.

POD Knows
August 30th, 2016, 10:42 AM
Summary:

Chattown talked a lot of smack about UTC's all world team that proceeded to lose to UT-Martin in the season opener and go on to a 8-4 record and missed the playoffs. The other posts are people making fun of him.

Ok, I think I will wait for the movie to come out.

Thumper 76
August 30th, 2016, 10:51 AM
Ok, I think I will wait for the movie to come out.

I would watch it. The Prediction. Starring Gary Busey as Chattownmocs. A lonely Subway worker makes a prediction that changes everything.

Southern Bison
August 30th, 2016, 11:29 AM
I would watch it. The Prediction. Starring Gary Busey as Chattownmocs. A lonely Subway worker makes a prediction that changes everything.
I would cast Steve Buscemi, Verne Troyer, or Rosie O'Donnell...whichever one he resembles best.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

bobcathpdevil56
August 30th, 2016, 11:36 AM
Wasn't he working at a payday loan place, that went out of business?

Bison56
August 30th, 2016, 01:23 PM
Then he became Jared's personal subway sandwich artist.

Bisonoline
August 30th, 2016, 01:29 PM
Then he became Jared's personal subway sandwich artist.

BAZINGA xbowx

JSUSoutherner
November 12th, 2017, 11:31 PM
My prediction:

I like being right. xlolx

Completely forgot I had a Chattown quote in my signature until today. I clicked it and it made me smile.

TheKingpin28
November 13th, 2017, 08:19 AM
I like being right. xlolx

Completely forgot I had a Chattown quote in my signature until today. I clicked it and it made me smile.

Holy necro bump batman!

Bisonoline
November 13th, 2017, 11:28 AM
Holy necro bump batman!

They are 2-8? I thought this was the year? Guess they are the doppleganger to UND. A lot of preseason kick ass talk. :D

walliver
November 13th, 2017, 11:54 AM
Chatty won't be 2-8 next year.

Maybe someone should do a safety check on Chattown, the Vols are doing even worse.

TheKingpin28
November 13th, 2017, 11:56 AM
They are 2-8? I thought this was the year? Guess they are the doppleganger to UND. A lot of preseason kick ass talk. :D

Too much weightlifting I tell ya!

pike51
October 24th, 2019, 08:34 PM
This is the thread that never ends...

Hello boys! Just figured I'd stop by and see how everyone was doing. What better way than to bring up my favorite thread of all time?? Hope everyone is doing well.

SUPharmacist
October 24th, 2019, 08:39 PM
I for one miss chattownmocs.

pike51
October 24th, 2019, 08:40 PM
I for one miss chattownmocs.

Is he gone? Please say that isn't the case!! Dude loved his team for sure!! Can't fault him for that in any way.

SUPharmacist
October 24th, 2019, 08:41 PM
No, he is around I just haven't paid attention and I think he is less agressive than he was.

Bisonoline
October 24th, 2019, 09:12 PM
This thread and his prognostications have aged well.xlolxxthumbsupx

Bisonator
October 25th, 2019, 09:30 AM
Oh man this was so much fun. The build up to that first game and then the epic crushing failure. You couldn't have scripted a funnier outcome!xlolx

nodak651
October 25th, 2019, 09:35 AM

Wtf are you talking about? Were some people optimistic before the season started? Didn't see anything remotely like chattown posted.

Redbird 4th & short
October 25th, 2019, 09:39 AM
This thread has hall of fame written all over it.

Have to give props to Professor Chaos .. he made this prediction on page 2 of 300 and counting. This post aged a tad better than the OP.