PDA

View Full Version : Official 2013 Chattanooga, Who is laughing now? Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13

bjtheflamesfan
November 9th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Chattown, I will disregard the rest of your post and simply state that you are the worst winner on this board. Congrats just the same on your success (as I said all the way back this summer, you need to win the games that matter, which up until this year, the Mocs had not done). The reason Im laughing now is that simply put, you dont realize that you make yourself look like a douchebag (reusing your word) with your attitude. If you simply accepted congratulations and didnt use so much cursing even in countering statements by other posters, UTC fans might actually come to your defense and the rest of the community here would have a LOT more respect for you. Well done to UTC, but you need to seriously take a class in manners.

chattownmocs
November 9th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Chattown, I will disregard the rest of your post and simply state that you are the worst winner on this board. Congrats just the same on your success (as I said all the way back this summer, you need to win the games that matter, which up until this year, the Mocs had not done). The reason Im laughing now is that simply put, you dont realize that you make yourself look like a douchebag (reusing your word) with your attitude. If you simply accepted congratulations and didnt use so much cursing even in countering statements by other posters, UTC fans might actually come to your defense and the rest of the community here would have a LOT more respect for you. Well done to UTC, but you need to seriously take a class in manners.

You need to take a class on how not to be such a little bitch. Time and time again you have proven that you don't understand the game. You have no business engaging me period on this board in light of your consistently false facts, opinions, and predictions.

bjtheflamesfan
November 9th, 2013, 04:22 PM
I will simply state that nobody's perfect.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 9th, 2013, 04:25 PM

UTC wins so infrequently, can you blame him when all the star align and it actually happens?

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 9th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Congrats on UTC for locking up at least a share of the title.

Chattown, a word of advice. Quit when you are ahead. Be careful about getting cocky for the playoffs.

ASU_Fanatic
November 9th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Championship defense, championship running game, few turnovers, few penalties=clearcut national championship contender #FeartheMocs
Bruhhh lmfaooooo

Bison56
November 9th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Now he is back to talking national champion. xrotatehx

Bisonator
November 9th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Chattownmocs, do you have multiple personality's? And they are all delusional? xlolx

Bisonoline
November 9th, 2013, 05:50 PM
You need to take a class on how not to be such a little bitch. Time and time again you have proven that you don't understand the game. You have no business engaging me period on this board in light of your consistently false facts, opinions, and predictions.

What? Your team kept blocking after the play was over all game long. The zebra were in your pocket. No way you deserved to win. Oh wait that is your line. Sorry.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 9th, 2013, 05:54 PM
What? Your team kept blocking after the play was over all game long. The zebra were in your pocket. No way you deserved to win. Oh wait that is your line. Sorry.

chatttown, please, please, please tell this guy he doesn't understand the game.

citdog
November 9th, 2013, 05:57 PM
Bruhhh lmfaooooo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXSLcYQHqFQ

ASU_Fanatic
November 9th, 2013, 06:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXSLcYQHqFQ
citdog how do you feel about I'm Shmacked headed to Charleston? Said tickets sold out very quickly

CID1990
November 9th, 2013, 06:19 PM
#SOCONChamps #PlayoffBound #STFU

I'll go ahead and say "you're welcome" on behalf of not only The Citadel but Furman too

DJKyR0
November 9th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Careful what you wish for, chatty.

http://i.imgur.com/kIZZKEm.gif

ASUMountaineer
November 9th, 2013, 10:11 PM
#SOCONChamps #PlayoffBound #STFU

xlolx

ASUMountaineer
November 9th, 2013, 10:13 PM
More jackassery from an asshat douchebag. Your predictions were foolish and your attempts at a solvent point futile. Chattanooga has used a 6 game SOCON winning streak(almost unheard of) to capture at least a share of the SOCON crown. Today despite a depleted defense missing 3 LBs the Mocs defense rose to the occasion and found their championship form. GTFO bitch.

xlolx

TennBison
November 9th, 2013, 10:17 PM
More jackassery from an asshat douchebag. Your predictions were foolish and your attempts at a solvent point futile. Chattanooga has used a 6 game SOCON winning streak(almost unheard of) to capture at least a share of the SOCON crown. Today despite a depleted defense missing 3 LBs the Mocs defense rose to the occasion and found their championship form. GTFO bitch.

So you guys played a 5-1-5 defense?

BisonFan02
November 9th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Championship defense, championship running game, few turnovers, few penalties=clearcut national championship contender #FeartheMocs

http://weknowgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/intense-soccer-fan-gif.gif

chattownmocs
November 9th, 2013, 10:24 PM
So you guys played a 5-1-5 defense?

What you just posted made no sense at any level. I know you thought it was clever, but it was an epic fail.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 9th, 2013, 10:36 PM
What you just posted made no sense at any level. I know you thought it was clever, but it was an epic fail.

Funny, that's what I thought with old #2497 up there

Southern Bison
November 9th, 2013, 10:53 PM

The words most uttered by chattownmocs' parents when talking about him.

gsu2583
November 11th, 2013, 01:39 PM

http://i318.photobucket.com/albums/mm436/gsu2583/gollum_zps43d31fc2.gif (http://s318.photobucket.com/user/gsu2583/media/gollum_zps43d31fc2.gif.html)

chattownmocs
November 11th, 2013, 01:42 PM
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2013/nov/11/injuries-didnt-stop-mocs/?sportscollege

Injuries can't stop Chattanooga.

Bison56
November 11th, 2013, 02:39 PM
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2013/nov/11/injuries-didnt-stop-mocs/?sportscollege

Injuries can't stop Chattanooga.

xbowx

chattownmocs
November 13th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Sights and sounds of the Wofford win.

http://gomocs.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=3101349

DrStrangelove
November 13th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Sights and sounds of the Wofford win.

http://gomocs.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=3101349

So UTC beat Wofford over the weekend? I feel like Doc Holiday in Tombstone:

"Oh, chattownmocs, I apologize. I forgot you were there. You may go now."

pike51
November 13th, 2013, 02:08 PM
So UTC beat Wofford over the weekend? I feel like Doc Holiday in Tombstone:

"Oh, chattownmocs, I apologize. I forgot you were there. You may go now."

I don't like to admit it, but there is something to this. With App and GSU leaving/gone, it seems nobody gives a rat's ass about the SoCon anymore. The 2 strongest teams over the past several years are leaving and it immediately drops the entire conference from a top tier to a mid tier level. Fair or not, Chattanooga, Wofford, Furman, and the rest are going to have to prove they can effectively replace GSU and App on a NATIONAL basis, not just within the conference because the perceived image of the conference has declined.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 13th, 2013, 02:10 PM
I don't like to admit it, but there is something to this. With App and GSU leaving/gone, it seems nobody gives a rat's ass about the SoCon anymore. The 2 strongest teams over the past several years are leaving and it immediately drops the entire conference from a top tier to a mid tier level. Fair or not, Chattanooga, Wofford, Furman, and the rest are going to have to prove they can effectively replace GSU and App on a NATIONAL basis, not just within the conference because the perceived image of the conference has declined.

With the emergence of Coastal and Chuck South, The Big South may be poised to take their place.

chattownmocs
November 13th, 2013, 02:32 PM

The only thing that has declined is App State and Georgia Southern.

gotts
November 13th, 2013, 03:09 PM

We'll have to talk with HR about your AGS paycheck. Strangely, the system is currently set up to quit paying you come mid-October. I wonder why that is?

ThompsonThe
November 13th, 2013, 03:24 PM

If you call red shirting and holding back 25 to 30 incoming recruits so that they can build up for the FBS next year declining, then yes.
Basically out of the best recruiting class in the FCS App only played one or two freshman recruits. Only a position or two where they had no choice. It was a painful decision they made this past summer, but one they thought necessary in order to compete adequately well next year in FBS since the 2013 recruiting period had already ended when we took the Sun Belt invitation. So basically App State and GaSo both lost their senior classes, both of which had multiple players now playing in the NFL, and have no freshman class playing this year. Normally a school would take an extra year to recruit, but the Sun Belt demanded it be done that way in order to have enough teams for a conference championship game. So you lose your senior class and have no freshmen. So basically if any school on this board thinks they can do really well with 1/2 their team, good for you.

Professor Chaos
November 13th, 2013, 03:27 PM
If you call red shirting and holding back 25 to 30 incoming recruits so that they can build up for the FBS next year declining, then yes.
Basically out of the best recruiting class in the FCS App only played one or two freshman recruits. Only a position or two where they had no choice. It was a painful decision they made this past summer, but one they thought necessary in order to compete adequately well next year in FBS since the 2013 recruiting period had already ended when we took the Sun Belt invitation. So basically App State and GaSo both lost their senior classes, both of which had multiple players now playing in the NFL, and have no freshman class playing this year. Normally a school would take an extra year to recruit, but the Sun Belt demanded it be done that way in order to have enough teams for a conference championship game. So you lose your senior class and have no freshmen. So basically if any school on this board thinks they can do really well with 1/2 their team, good for you.
xeyebrowx What about your freshmen from the class of 2012 that redshirted last year? Sorry, but that excuse is just ludicrous.

blueballs
November 13th, 2013, 03:39 PM
I was told GSU only had 57 bodies they could dress a couple of weeks ago due to injuries, and that they were basically playing with a division 2 schollie limit. I don't know if that is still the case but that certainly explains a lot.

There's not a team in the division that could withstand the losses GSU had on their two deep this year and still maintain a top 5 level of performance. By the time they played Furman I can think of 8 projected starters out of 22 that were not starting that game, which included all americans Swope and McKinnon.

Kinda reminds me of what happened to Wofford in 2009...

EKU-n-GSU
November 13th, 2013, 03:44 PM
I was told GSU only had 57 bodies they could dress a couple of weeks ago due to injuries, and that they were basically playing with a division 2 schollie limit. I don't know if that is still the case but that certainly explains a lot.

There's not a team in the division that could withstand the losses GSU had on their two deep this year and still maintain a top 5 level of performance. By the time they played Furman I can think of 8 projected starters out of 22 that were not starting that game, which included all americans Swope and McKinnon.

That is a fact, and there'll be a few less on the sideline this weekend as well due to injuries sustained in the WCU game. To PC's point, on the surface the statement sounds ludicrous - but when you add the injuries to the mix we have an overly youthful/inexperienced lineup.

Professor Chaos
November 13th, 2013, 04:03 PM
That is a fact, and there'll be a few less on the sideline this weekend as well due to injuries sustained in the WCU game. To PC's point, on the surface the statement sounds ludicrous - but when you add the injuries to the mix we have an overly youthful/inexperienced lineup.
Injuries are a different story. I can understand why that would be a killer to a FCS->FBS transitional team trying to position itself for the future but to say you can't compete because you don't have any freshmen is just silly.

chattownmocs
November 13th, 2013, 04:16 PM

Chattanooga redshirts almost their entire freshman class every year. Last year we played 1, this year it was 2. This is the practice of many FCS teams. 2-8 is a sharp decline but your program was going in reverse less severely before this year.

chattownmocs
November 13th, 2013, 04:26 PM

Chattanooga is missing major, major pieces and they continue to roll. Just starters alone that missed the Wofford game, 2 starting LBs, All Socon DT(out for the year), starting RB, starting LT. A contributing reserve LB was out, a contributing reserve CB is out for the year. A contributing DE from last year and another DE expected to contribute is out. That's not 28 guys of course(Georgia Southern is trying to cheat the system clearly) but that's probably more key guys. Notice particularly on defense, and Wofford scored 10 points.

DrStrangelove
November 13th, 2013, 04:26 PM
(Y)our program was going in reverse less severely before this year.

And if there's anybody who would know about a program going in reverse, it would be this guy. UTC seemed to have been stuck in that position before Huesman arrived.

ThompsonThe
November 13th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Wasn't just the incoming class being red shirted but any Tom, Dick and Harry they could. Then any medical red shirts as well.
No teams red shirt like that unless they have a reason to do so. The SoCon voted to not let App State and GaSo participate in
the SoCon championship. They basically didn't want to do anything except use them this year. Could say the same thing about
the Sun Belt using them, waiting until after the recruiting season to extend an offer, but wanting the two schools participating in
the Sun Belt conference race next year with an intention of having enough teams to conduct a conference championship game.
Having to give scholarships to any walk on that could breath just to get the scholarship numbers to where the NCAA wanted them
is another thing that other schools didn't have to do.

chattownmocs
November 13th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Wasn't just the incoming class being red shirted but any Tom, Dick and Harry they could. Then any medical red shirts as well.
No teams red shirt like that unless they have a reason to do so. The SoCon voted to not let App State and GaSo participate in
the SoCon championship. They basically didn't want to do anything except use them this year. Could say the same thing about
the Sun Belt using them, waiting until after the recruiting season to extend an offer, but wanting the two schools participating in
the Sun Belt conference race next year with an intention of having enough teams to conduct a conference championship game.
Having to give scholarships to any walk on that could breath just to get the scholarship numbers to where the NCAA wanted them
is another thing that other schools didn't have to do.

Chattanooga does it every year. Even the guys we know will be stars. Every All Socon player we have has a redshirt on them. Davis Tull, Jacob Huesman, Terrell Robinson, Wes Dothard, DJ Key, Kadeem Wise were all redshirted.

EKU-n-GSU
November 13th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Injuries are a different story. I can understand why that would be a killer to a FCS->FBS transitional team trying to position itself for the future but to say you can't compete because you don't have any freshmen is just silly.

Actually just the opposite. Too many freshmen - true or RS - has been the bigger of the problems. Add to that the coaches' desire to get some of the 'better' freshmen more snaps in readying them for the FCS > FBS transition next year, and you have the recipe for a down year.

ThompsonThe
November 13th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Obviously, some of you cannot handle the truth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FnO3igOkOk

pike51
November 14th, 2013, 06:31 AM

So what does that say about Chattanooga? They LOST to Georgia Southern, remember? Not to mention it took everything Chatty had to beat the worst App team in years.

blueballs
November 14th, 2013, 06:38 AM
There's a difference in reasons for a loss and excuses for a loss. If over a third of your two deep including two all americans aren't available that's a reason for a loss. If you blame the referees that's an excuse.

gsu2583
November 14th, 2013, 08:55 AM

Gotta be on top for a while before you can "decline." You and yours wouldn't know much about that particular feeling.

chattownmocs
November 14th, 2013, 09:54 AM
So what does that say about Chattanooga? They LOST to Georgia Southern, remember? Not to mention it took everything Chatty had to beat the worst App team in years.

Chattanooga is 6-1. What's Georgia Southerns SOCON record? App? 11 of Chattanooga's 36 penalties this season came against Georgia Southern...hmmm..gtfo

chattownmocs
November 14th, 2013, 09:55 AM
There's a difference in reasons for a loss and excuses for a loss. If over a third of your two deep including two all americans aren't available that's a reason for a loss. If you blame the referees that's an excuse.

Chattanooga has better players out and yet they continue to beat the teams Georgia Southern got handled by.

chattownmocs
November 14th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Gotta be on top for a while before you can "decline." You and yours wouldn't know much about that particular feeling.

Can't decline if you are rising. Georgia Southern and App have gone from inches ahead to miles behind in one year.

ASUMountaineer
November 14th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Chattanooga is 6-1. What's Georgia Southerns SOCON record? App? 11 of Chattanooga's 36 penalties this season came against Georgia Southern...hmmm..gtfo

xlolx "It's the refs' fault."

Your team got beat. GTFO.

ASUMountaineer
November 14th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Can't decline if you are rising. Georgia Southern and App have gone from inches ahead to miles behind in one year.

xlolx

gsu2583
November 14th, 2013, 10:30 AM

http://i318.photobucket.com/albums/mm436/gsu2583/tumblr_mrh34alrix1sfp1fio1_500_zps7b0340bd.gif (http://s318.photobucket.com/user/gsu2583/media/tumblr_mrh34alrix1sfp1fio1_500_zps7b0340bd.gif.htm l)

Yeah. Reaching the semis three years in a row is INCHES on top.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 14th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Chattanooga has better players out and yet they continue to beat the teams Georgia Southern got handled by.

We lost to Furman with Jerick McKinnon playing gimpy for only a half and with our fourth string fullback. So basically, without our all-American fullback and one of the best offensive players in the FCS who will likely get an NFL combine invite. In terms of volume and impact players your injuries do not compare to ours.

We are arguably even worse off than that 2011 Eastern Washington team that had a ton of talent and got snake bit and went 6-5.

If we could have McKinnon and Swope healthy for the entire season then even with all of the other injuries we would lose at most 2 conference games.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 14th, 2013, 10:38 AM

all while actually losing to Georgia Southern. Funny how you don't need to use transitive property when you have head-to-head.

gsu2583
November 14th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Whereas UTC over the past three years has gone:

6-5 (2010)
5-6 (2011)
6-5 (2012)

Not to mention the combined 18-38 UTC went the previous 5 years.

I wouldn't categorize whatever is going on with UTC as either "rising" or "climbing." Both of those words would, to me, indicate some sort of sustained improvement over a few years at least. Realistically, UTC is like a fish (such as a Brim) flopping around on the dock after you caught it. It might pop up here and there, but mostly it's just writhing around on the deck before it dies.

gsu2583
November 14th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Now, I will throw UTC a bone here.

Once Southern and App leave the conference, that leaves Chattanooga and Western Carolina (and ETSU, dear Lord) as the only public schools in a conference that is filled with private schools/service academies. You will likely get a bunch of recruits, in the future, that (given the choice) would have rather gone to GSU or App, so your on-field performance MAY improve over time. When that happens, you may say that you are rising, but really you will only be doing it in the power-vacuum that is the SoCon without GSU and App.

blueballs
November 14th, 2013, 11:09 AM

Really??? GSU had between Swope*, McKinnon, Brown*, Dean*, Youyoute*, Banks*, and Day* (asterisk indicates out for the year) over 4200 yards and 46 TD's rushing and 894 yards and 8 TD's pasing from 2012 out with injuries throughout the bulk of the conference schedule. That's just the RB's and QB's.... it doesn't even begin to address the o-line and defensive injuries.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 14th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Really??? GSU had between Swope*, McKinnon, Brown*, Dean*, Youyoute*, Banks*, and Day* (asterisk indicates out for the year) over 4200 yards rushing and 46 TD's from 2012 out with injuries throughout the bulk of the conference schedule. That's just the RB's and QB's.... it doesn't even begin to address the o-line and defensive injuries.

You'll have to forgive him. He thinks Davis Tull is the best player in the FCS so his perception is a little skewed.

gsu2583
November 14th, 2013, 11:20 AM
You'll have to forgive him. He thinks Davis Tull is the best player in the FCS so his perception is a little skewed.

http://i318.photobucket.com/albums/mm436/gsu2583/Bert_48d521_2654880.gif (http://s318.photobucket.com/user/gsu2583/media/Bert_48d521_2654880.gif.html)

pike51
November 14th, 2013, 11:40 AM

Funny... when I look at the box score all it shows is GSU beat Chatty. Excuses are like assholes... and you are a sorry excuse.

chattownmocs
November 14th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Funny... when I look at the box score all it shows is GSU beat Chatty. Excuses are like assholes... and you are a sorry excuse.

What excuse do I need when your team is near the bottom of the conference and mine is at a championship level? Put 2010 an * by that 2010 semifinal. We actually beat your ass that year and finished with the same conference record, and deserved to be in the playoffs over you. This year it isn't even close even with your severely tainted win.

chattownmocs
November 14th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Now, I will throw UTC a bone here.

Once Southern and App leave the conference, that leaves Chattanooga and Western Carolina (and ETSU, dear Lord) as the only public schools in a conference that is filled with private schools/service academies. You will likely get a bunch of recruits, in the future, that (given the choice) would have rather gone to GSU or App, so your on-field performance MAY improve over time. When that happens, you may say that you are rising, but really you will only be doing it in the power-vacuum that is the SoCon without GSU and App.

GSU hasn't been beating us for anymore recruits than we have them. Our recent recruiting is clearly better given how our team has handled major injuries vs your scrub club. I that 2012 class was supposed to be all-world. We all knew this 2013 class was garbage.

chattownmocs
November 14th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Whereas UTC over the past three years has gone:

6-5 (2010)
5-6 (2011)
6-5 (2012)

Not to mention the combined 18-38 UTC went the previous 5 years.

I wouldn't categorize whatever is going on with UTC as either "rising" or "climbing." Both of those words would, to me, indicate some sort of sustained improvement over a few years at least. Realistically, UTC is like a fish (such as a Brim) flopping around on the dock after you caught it. It might pop up here and there, but mostly it's just writhing around on the deck before it dies.

I believe y'all are 2 games better in conference play since 2010 even with your 1 point, 3OT, and severely tainted 2 point win. Its not our fault Georgia Southern plays a cupcake non conference slate while chattanooga plays top regional FCS, and top national FBS schedules.

gsu2583
November 14th, 2013, 12:31 PM
GSU hasn't been beating us for anymore recruits than we have them. Our recent recruiting is clearly better given how our team has handled major injuries vs your scrub club. I that 2012 class was supposed to be all-world. We all knew this 2013 class was garbage.

Hahahahaha! You got beat by a "scrub club!"

Er, I mean, beat by the REFs.

chattownmocs
November 14th, 2013, 12:45 PM

Davis Tull is the best player in FCS. He'll be back next year as well. Along with the rest of this excellent Dline, if Lott gets a medical redshirt the Mocs will be 10 deep with the best dline talent in FCS.

This was always gonna be the beginning of the greatness of Chattanooga football. This was the year of Russ Huesmans patchwork first recruiting class that produced Wes Dothard, Gunner Miller, Kadeem wise and DJ Key. This their 5th year and the have been producing their whole careers. The offense was a year behind, now it has caught up and will be back with 10 starters including every skill player and the all american tight end. 4 starters on the Oline will return Including 2 4 year starters and a 3 year guy.

The defense will plug holes in its excellent back 7. Proven freshman Cedric Nettles, Dee Virgin, and will Johnson will step in for socon stalwarts Key, wise, and Moore in the secondary and actually upgrade the talent level. These guys have great players to Tudor them and teach them how to win games, something these seniors didn't have when they arrived. Nakevion Leslie and Muhasibi Wakeel will step in at LB for Miller and Dothard. Leslie and Wakeel have earned Socon top honors in recent weeks.

This was always Chattanooga's time. It almost happened years early but Huesmans 5 year plan has cashed in a major way and the chattanooga dominance is here and would continue whether GSU and ASU left or not.

TennBison
November 14th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Hahahahaha! You got beat by a "scrub club!"

Er, I mean, beat by the REFs.

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there. Lord, I apologize for that one there, and please be with all the starving Pygmies down there in Chattanooga.

gotts
November 14th, 2013, 12:59 PM
What excuse do I need when your team is near the bottom of the conference and mine is at a championship level? Put 2010 an * by that 2010 semifinal. We actually beat your ass that year and finished with the same conference record, and deserved to be in the playoffs over you. This year it isn't even close even with your severely tainted win.

Are you an expert on taint?

fmrbearkat
November 14th, 2013, 01:08 PM
I believe y'all are 2 games better in conference play since 2010 even with your 1 point, 3OT, and severely tainted 2 point win. Its not our fault Georgia Southern plays a cupcake non conference slate while chattanooga plays top regional FCS, and top national FBS schedules.

Tell me your joking...seriously!! Your OOC schedule is complete garbage besides bama.

chattownmocs
November 14th, 2013, 01:09 PM
And, here come the North Dakota idiots with their dull, dimwhitted humor.

chattownmocs
November 14th, 2013, 01:13 PM

Tell me your joking...seriously!! Your OOC schedule is complete garbage besides bama.

During that stretch we have played OVC champs/contenders Jacksonville state 3 times, eastern Kentucky twice and this year UT Martin. Georgia Southern plays no one in their FCS nonconference every year. You don't have the slightest clue you brainless, asshat, troll.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 14th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Davis Tull is the best player in FCS. He'll be back next year as well. Along with the rest of this excellent Dline, if Lott gets a medical redshirt the Mocs will be 10 deep with the best dline talent in FCS.

This was always gonna be the beginning of the greatness of Chattanooga football. This was the year of Russ Huesmans patchwork first recruiting class that produced Wes Dothard, Gunner Miller, Kadeem wise and DJ Key. This their 5th year and the have been producing their whole careers. The offense was a year behind, now it has caught up and will be back with 10 starters including every skill player and the all american tight end. 4 starters on the Oline will return Including 2 4 year starters and a 3 year guy.

The defense will plug holes in its excellent back 7. Proven freshman Cedric Nettles, Dee Virgin, and will Johnson will step in for socon stalwarts Key, wise, and Moore in the secondary and actually upgrade the talent level. These guys have great players to Tudor them and teach them how to win games, something these seniors didn't have when they arrived. Nakevion Leslie and Muhasibi Wakeel will step in at LB for Miller and Dothard. Leslie and Wakeel have earned Socon top honors in recent weeks.

This was always Chattanooga's time. It almost happened years early but Huesmans 5 year plan has cashed in a major way and the chattanooga dominance is here and would continue whether GSU and ASU left or not.

Chattanooga's time means being a non seed in the playoffs? Jeez, that's a pretty low bar.

gsu2583
November 14th, 2013, 01:27 PM
#1 Davis Tull is the best player in FCS. He'll be back next year as well. Along with the rest of this excellent #2 Dline (correction, D-Bags), #3 if Lott gets a medical redshirt the Mocs will be 10 deep with the best dline talent in FCS.

This was always gonna be the #4 beginning of the greatness of Chattanooga football. This was the year of Russ Huesmans patchwork first recruiting class that produced Wes Dothard, Gunner Miller, Kadeem wise and DJ Key. This their 5th year and the have been producing their whole careers. #5 The offense was a year behind, now it has caught up and will be back with 10 starters including every skill player and the all american tight end.

#6 4 starters on the Oline will return Including 2 4 year starters and a 3 year guy.

The defense will plug holes in its excellent back 7. #7 Proven freshman Cedric Nettles, Dee Virgin, and will Johnson will step in for socon stalwarts Key, wise, and Moore in the secondary and actually upgrade the talent level. These guys have great players to #8 Tudor them and teach them how to win games, something these seniors didn't have when they arrived. Nakevion Leslie and Muhasibi Wakeel will step in at LB for Miller and Dothard. Leslie and Wakeel have earned Socon top honors in recent weeks.

#9 This was always Chattanooga's time. #10 It almost happened years early but Huesmans 5 year plan has cashed in a major way and the chattanooga dominance is here and would continue whether GSU and ASU left or not.

#1. Tull is not on any watch list for the Payton Award that I've seen.
#2. Self-explanatory.
#3. A medical redshirt for YOUR player is ok, but not for other players on other teams.
#4. Greatness is usually determined by looking BACK on something, rather than looking FORWARD at something.
#5. The offense has caught up now, and is 63rd among FCS teams. BOTTOM half.
#6. Just because you start doesn't make you awesome. They could just be the best of a bad batch.
#7. This falls in line with #4, re-read that one please.
#8. Are you ****ing kidding me? This is not 15th ****ing century England. It's T-U-T-O-R! Not http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tudor_dynasty
#9.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0atATbXbQ9g#t=20

#10. When did you ALMOST lose your virginity?

fmrbearkat
November 14th, 2013, 01:42 PM
[QUOTE=fmrbearkat;2048595]

During that stretch we have played OVC champs/contenders Jacksonville state 3 times, eastern Kentucky twice and this year UT Martin. Georgia Southern plays no one in their FCS nonconference every year. You don't have the slightest clue you brainless, asshat, troll.

Think about what you just flipping quoted!! Jack State, Eastern Kentucky and UT MARTIN????? WHen the hell is the last time any of those teams went very deep in the playoffs???

TennBison
November 14th, 2013, 01:44 PM
And, here come the North Dakota idiots with their dull, dimwhitted humor.
And our shiny national championship trophies! Do you have any? Lets see, GSU has some, ASU has some, and we have some, and you have............................none. Did the refs take them from you?

NoDak 4 Ever
November 14th, 2013, 01:44 PM
[QUOTE=chattownmocs;2048608]

Think about what you just flipping quoted!! Jack State, Eastern Kentucky and UT MARTIN????? WHen the hell is the last time any of those teams went very deep in the playoffs???

Hey now, Eastern Kentucky has 2 national championships, around the time UTC made the playoffs last.

blueballs
November 14th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Let's see... over the past 3 years GSU has played OOC foes Navy, 2010 MEAC champ SC State, 2010 CAA champ William and Mary, 2010 national runner-up Delaware, Maine, CAA champ ODU twice, SEC & FBS national champion Alabama, MWVC and national champ NDSU twice, Southland champ Central Arkansas, and SEC East champ Georgia along with the lesser OOC opponents. I doubt there is another team in FCS that has faced that many playoff and FBS ranked teams in that period.

Heck, in 2012 GSU played SoCon co-champ App, SEC East champ Georgia, Southland champ Central Arkansas, CAA champ ODU, and MWVC & national champ NDSU in the last 6 games... which if memory serves correctly gave GSU the toughest schedule faced in the final Sagarin ratings.

DJKyR0
November 14th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Just when you think chattown can't say anything more preposterous, you round the corner and bam! It hits you like a freight train.

gsu2583
November 14th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Davis Tull does not lead his team in tackles.
His 43 total tackles this seasons is NOT ENOUGH to be included with the top 394 tacklers in FCS, as reported by their stats page.
He is also not listed on the FCS stats "Tackle For Loss" leaders.
Yet, HE IS THE GREATEST PLAYER IN FCS!

Here's where chattown will go on an incoherent and unsupported diatribe about intangibles, refs, and sasquatch.

chattownmocs
November 14th, 2013, 02:13 PM

#1. Tull is not on any watch list for the Payton Award that I've seen.
#2. Self-explanatory.
#3. A medical redshirt for YOUR player is ok, but not for other players on other teams.
#4. Greatness is usually determined by looking BACK on something, rather than looking FORWARD at something.
#5. The offense has caught up now, and is 63rd among FCS teams. BOTTOM half.
#6. Just because you start doesn't make you awesome. They could just be the best of a bad batch.
#7. This falls in line with #4, re-read that one please.
#8. Are you ****ing kidding me? This is not 15th ****ing century England. It's T-U-T-O-R! Not http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tudor_dynasty
#9.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0atATbXbQ9g#t=20

#10. When did you ALMOST lose your virginity?

1. Davis Tull is a defensive player. He is certainly one of the Buchanan frontrunners. He's also the reigning SOCON defensive player of the year and will win his 2nd this year . he's also a consensus first team all american. He also is on a pace that will challenge if not shatter the FCS career sack record. Stopped reading, after number 1. You clearly have no knowledge. Stfu

chattownmocs
November 14th, 2013, 02:15 PM

Davis Tull does not lead his team in tackles.
His 43 total tackles this seasons is NOT ENOUGH to be included with the top 394 tacklers in FCS, as reported by their stats page.
He is also not listed on the FCS stats "Tackle For Loss" leaders.
Yet, HE IS THE GREATEST PLAYER IN FCS!

Here's where chattown will go on an incoherent and unsupported diatribe about intangibles, refs, and sasquatch.

Why would a defensive end lead his team in tackles? Not only do you not know anything about the socon, you don't know anything about football in general. Its over, you shouldn't respond.

gsu2583
November 14th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Why would a defensive end lead his team in tackles? Not only do you not know anything about the socon, you don't know anything about football in general. Its over, you shouldn't respond.

Nice edit before I raped you on your pitiful control of the English language.

gsu2583
November 14th, 2013, 02:18 PM

I guess Tull IS tied for 15th in sacks this year.

gsu2583
November 14th, 2013, 02:18 PM

FIFTEENTH

chattownmocs
November 14th, 2013, 02:21 PM

5th and rising quickly. Why don't you look up where he ranked in sacks and TFL a year ago. Whhy don't you look where he ranks among juniors career wise.

chattownmocs
November 14th, 2013, 02:22 PM

FIFTEENTH

5th, you are making yourself look foolish because you don't know the facts. He has 9 sacks. The NCAA has an error on their site that they will correct. Stfu.

chattownmocs
November 14th, 2013, 02:24 PM

Nice edit before I raped you on your pitiful control of the English language.

You should be more worried about your football knowledge being taken apart than my typos on my tablet.

gsu2583
November 14th, 2013, 02:25 PM
5th, you are making yourself look foolish because you don't know the facts. He has 9 sacks. The NCAA has an error on their site that they will correct. Stfu.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fcs/current/individual/36

Sacks per game.

So you are the one who determines sacks now?

NoDak 4 Ever
November 14th, 2013, 02:27 PM
I'm so inside his head, he quotes me in every post.

gsu2583
November 14th, 2013, 02:27 PM

So I guess not only are the refs out to get UTC, but the NCAA statisticians as well?

chattownmocs
November 14th, 2013, 02:30 PM

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fcs/current/individual/36

Sacks per game.

So you are the one who determines sacks now?

He has 9 sacks. The box score shows it, the film shows it. I said sacks BTW, the NCAA lists everything on a per game basis. Were are talking about sacks, not sacks per game, that's not a football number, sacks per game, that how the NCAA formats their entire site you idiot. Gtfo for real dude.

chattownmocs
November 14th, 2013, 02:33 PM

So I guess not only are the refs out to get UTC, but the NCAA statisticians as well?

Your troll game is weak. 1 sack vs UT Martin, 1 sack vs Georgia State, 3.5 vs Furman, 1 vs Elon, 2 vs App State, .5 vs Wofford. You are getting destroyed, why do you think you are winning here?

chattownmocs
November 14th, 2013, 02:35 PM

I'm so inside his head, he quotes me in every post.

Its better than a signature.

gsu2583
November 14th, 2013, 02:36 PM
He has 9 sacks. The box score shows it, the film shows it. I said sacks BTW, the NCAA lists everything on a per game basis. Were are talking about sacks, not sacks per game, that's not a football number, sacks per game, that how the NCAA formats their entire site you idiot. Gtfo for real dude.

No. 3.14... (pi) is not a football number. Most everything else IS a football "number." You're the one getting bent out of shape because the NCAA doesn't format its statistics in a way that you approve of. What a dip****.

gsu2583
November 14th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Your troll game is weak. 1 sack vs UT Martin, 1 sack vs Georgia State, 3.5 vs Furman, 1 vs Elon, 2 vs App State, .5 vs Wofford. You are getting destroyed, why do you think you are winning here?

Um, because we beat you 23-21 despite your delusions. Winners write the history bitch.

chattownmocs
November 14th, 2013, 02:45 PM

No. 3.14... (pi) is not a football number. Most everything else IS a football "number." You're the one getting bent out of shape because the NCAA doesn't format its statistics in a way that you approve of. What a dip****.

Wtf are you talking about. You said he was 15th in sacks. That means 15th in sacks. Period. Not sacks per game. If we were talking about a team stat like total defense or something the standard would be per game. Sacks are not one of those statistics. Its not my opinion, its not even the ncaas opinion. That just happens to be how ALL their stats are formatted on their site. Stfu.

Bisonator
November 14th, 2013, 02:45 PM
I'm still xlolx.

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1831951/joe-seattlefan_medium.gif

chattownmocs
November 14th, 2013, 02:46 PM

Um, because we beat you 23-21 despite your delusions. Winners write the history bitch.

That's an admission of failure if I've ever heard it. You not knowing the game is ok because GSU won a game? Lmao.stfu.

gsu2583
November 14th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Wtf are you talking about. You said he was 15th in sacks. That means 15th in sacks. Period. Not sacks per game. If we were talking about a team stat like total defense or something the standard would be per game. Sacks are not one of those statistics. Its not my opinion, its not even the ncaas opinion. That just happens to be how ALL their stats are formatted on their site. Stfu.

Ya got me. I cared ONLY ENOUGH to look at the number beside Tull's name, and not read the entire stat line, because, well honestly, you're not worth THAT much effort. But at least you have inspired me to do a better job belittling your sorry team and your sorry players and your sorry mental state, what with all your "STFUs" and "GTFOs."

fmrbearkat
November 14th, 2013, 02:50 PM
That's an admission of failure if I've ever heard it. You not knowing the game is ok because GSU won a game? Lmao.stfu.

Um he has 8.0 sacks and is tied for 14th if you go by total sacks and not sacks per game! Where in the hell are you getting 5th???

Rank
Name
Team
Cl
Position
G
Solo Sack
Asst Sack
Sack Yds
Tot Sack
Sacks PG

Brad Daly
Montana St. (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/schools/montana-st)
Sr.
DL

Terrence Fede
Marist (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/schools/marist)
Sr.
DL

Andrew Carter
South Carolina St. (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/schools/south-carolina-st)
Jr.
DL

Mike Reilly
William & Mary (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/schools/william-mary)
Jr.
DL

Brandon Coleman
Drake (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/schools/drake)
Sr.
DL

-
Tyler Starr
South Dakota (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/schools/south-dakota)
Sr.
LB

-
James Cowser
Southern Utah (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/schools/southern-utah)
So.
DL

-
Pat Dowd
Dayton (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/schools/dayton)
Sr.
DL

-
Maroa White
Jacksonville (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/schools/jacksonville)
So.
DL

Collin Albrecht
UNI (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/schools/uni)
Sr.
DL

Tony Bell
UT Martin (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/schools/ut-martin)
Jr.
LB

-
Miles Grooms
Hampton (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/schools/hampton)
So.
DL

-
Deon King
Norfolk St. (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/schools/norfolk-st)
So.
LB

Anthony Bass
Tennessee St. (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/schools/tennessee-st)
Jr.
DL

Rakim Cox
Villanova (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/schools/villanova)
Sr.
DL

-
Jeff Covitz
Bryant (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/schools/bryant)
Jr.
DL

-
Davis Tull
Chattanooga (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/schools/chattanooga)
Jr.
DL

gsu2583
November 14th, 2013, 02:51 PM

Engrish much?

chattownmocs
November 14th, 2013, 02:51 PM
He has 9 sacks, read the thread or stfu.

fmrbearkat
November 14th, 2013, 02:53 PM
He has 9 sacks, read the thread or stfu.

AN ASSISTED SACK HAS AND ALWAYS WILL COUNT AS .5 A SACK!!!!

fmrbearkat
November 14th, 2013, 02:54 PM

Have you ever stepped foot on a football field?? Seriously your an idiot! 7 solos plus 2 assisted gives you 8 sacks in every stat book in the land!

gsu2583
November 14th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Have you ever stepped foot on a football field?? Seriously your an idiot! 7 solos plus 2 assisted gives you 8 sacks in every stat book in the land!

No, no, no. It's the same as if you take two halves of a car from a junkyard. Put them together and you have a WHOLE WORKING USABLE CAR. Don't you know this?

"STFU"

chattownmocs
November 14th, 2013, 02:57 PM

Read the thread or STFU. I don't know why you fools think you can outsmart me on aspects of the game. He has 9 sacks, 8 solo, 2 assisted.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 14th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Read the thread or STFU. I don't know why you fools think you can outsmart me on aspects of the game. He has 9 sacks, 8 solo, 2 assisted.

So the best player in FCS isn't leading in the only stat he has accumulated? hm.

gsu2583
November 14th, 2013, 03:01 PM

But my dear BETTY, by your twisted mental faculties, that should be 18 total sacks...

9 + 8 + 0.5 + 0.5 = 18

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

;)

TennBison
November 14th, 2013, 03:06 PM
According to the chart he is 15th in sacks, and 15th in sacks PG. No matter how you read it, he is 15th.

Bisonator
November 14th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Looking at UTC's stats they have Tull with 8 solo and 2 assists.

I guess it depends on who you want to believe. I will take NCAA over UTC for now and laugh at chattownmocs some more with everyone else! xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
November 14th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Hell, if sacks are all that matter, isn't Brad Daly the best player in FCS?

bjtheflamesfan
November 14th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Tull at his current career number (26.5 based on gomocs.com) will need 15.5 sacks in 14 remaining games to equal the FCS career record for sacks (42), which equates to just over 1.1 sacks per game (1.107142857142857 to be completely precise). In short, he can go maybe 2 more games without a sack and still have a chance at the record without having to have a multiple sack game to keep pace

Darlinikki150
November 14th, 2013, 03:37 PM

I feel like you need some anger management, the first step is admitting you have a problem chattmocs.

blueballs
November 14th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Tull at his current career number (26.5 based on gomocs.com) will need 15.5 sacks in 14 remaining games to equal the FCS career record for sacks (42), which equates to just over 1.1 sacks per game (1.107142857142857 to be completely precise). In short, he can go maybe 2 more games without a sack and still have a chance at the record without having to have a multiple sack game to keep pace

Gonna be hard to do in the SoCon going forward... it is still a running league and appears that will be the case even with App and GSU leaving. Don't forget one of his remaining games is against Alabama too. It looks like he's going to need some playoff games to get there.... and seeing where Chatty hasn't won a playoff game in any of their players' lifetimes it doesn't look too promising.

gsu2583
November 14th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Gonna be hard to do in the SoCon going forward... it is still a running league and appears that will be the case even with App and GSU leaving. Don't forget one of his remaining games is against Alabama too. It looks like he's going to need some playoff games to get there.... and seeing where Chatty hasn't won a playoff game in any of their players' lifetimes it doesn't look too promising.

http://i318.photobucket.com/albums/mm436/gsu2583/walter-white-gdright_zps78b4c84c.gif (http://s318.photobucket.com/user/gsu2583/media/walter-white-gdright_zps78b4c84c.gif.html)

Southern Bison
November 14th, 2013, 10:51 PM
You should be more worried about your football knowledge being taken apart than my typos on my tablet.
You should upgrade your tablet...

http://contentwritingusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Chiseling-Caveman-e1295104424454.jpg

Vitojr130
November 15th, 2013, 03:46 AM
chattown, I'm still laughing.

pike51
November 15th, 2013, 06:38 AM
But my dear BETTY, by your twisted mental faculties, that should be 18 total sacks...

9 + 8 + 0.5 + 0.5 = 18

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

;)

Actually, he watched multiple sacks on TV this year from NFL games. Those are just as valuable as if he had gotten a sack himself. So therefore, he has to have 30 or 40 something total sacks right?

gotts
November 15th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Maybe he was just counting the sack between his legs, you know?

gsu2583
November 15th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Maybe he was just counting the sack between his legs, you know?

I wonder how many times he's gotten angry and put that sack on an Italian BMT.

Bisonator
November 15th, 2013, 08:44 AM

xlolx

Bisonator
November 15th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Me thinks chattownmocs has a poster of Tull over his bed!

pike51
November 15th, 2013, 08:45 AM

Balls, manhood, and taint?

gsu2583
November 15th, 2013, 09:04 AM

I wonder if he gets a fat head looking at that Fathead.

TennBison
November 15th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Maybe chattown counts his sacks like this. He was at the game and saw Tull get 2 sacks, then he listened to the post game on the radio and they talked about the two sacks, then later that night he saw the news cast and they highlighted the two sacks, so he adds them up and Tull got 6 sacks that game in his mind.

ASUMountaineer
November 15th, 2013, 12:42 PM

No. He would have a poster of a Vol--maybe Phil Fulmer.

fmrbearkat
November 15th, 2013, 01:03 PM
No. He would have a poster of a Vol--maybe Phil Fulmer.

His mom has the poster of Phil Fulmer!! That man turns the dust into mud in the Tennessee blue hairs trousers!!

Damn I just made myself nearly puke! I'm sorry xrotatehx

Bisonator
November 15th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Chattownmocs stop playing with your sack!xlolx

pike51
November 15th, 2013, 01:17 PM

Both of them. :)

Bisonoline
November 15th, 2013, 03:22 PM

He has one?

ThompsonThe
November 15th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Too much information.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 15th, 2013, 06:42 PM
As much as it pains me. This thread:

http://cdn3.whatculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/jump-the-shark.jpg

gsu2583
November 15th, 2013, 07:14 PM
No. No. No.

We are sans shark jumping.

Just killing time til UTC loses this weekend.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 15th, 2013, 07:19 PM
No. No. No.

We are sans shark jumping.

Just killing time til UTC loses this weekend.

It get so boring without chattown weakly throwing shade at all of us.

TennBison
November 16th, 2013, 06:31 AM
Because of this thread my second favorite team in football has changed.
#1 is NDSU
#2 is............whatever team is playing UTC.

clenz
November 16th, 2013, 05:21 PM
AND CHAT ****S THE TITLE DOWN THEIR LEG IN OT AT SAMFORD!

chattownmocs
November 16th, 2013, 05:22 PM
We didn't make enough plays. Good comeback. Samford deserved the win.

gsu2583
November 16th, 2013, 05:23 PM
"Doink!"

GATA
November 16th, 2013, 05:25 PM
We didn't make enough plays. Good comeback. Samford deserved the win.

Translation: "We're terrible"

chattownmocs
November 16th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Translation: "We're terrible"

Champions.

Bisonator
November 16th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Champions.

STFU. GTFO. xlolx

bjtheflamesfan
November 16th, 2013, 05:38 PM
if Samford wins next week you'll be co-champions for the record...if Furman wins tonight and wins next week, itll be three-way champions

chattownmocs
November 16th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Co what?

bjtheflamesfan
November 16th, 2013, 05:41 PM
co-champions. UTC cannot win the outright championship on their own after the loss today. The only way now is with Elon beating Samford next Saturday and Furman losing either tonight or next week.

TennBison
November 16th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Because of this thread my second favorite team in football has changed.
#1 is NDSU
#2 is............whatever team is playing UTC.

Did I mention that Samford is my 2nd favorite team in the country right now,lol.

smallcollegefbfan
November 16th, 2013, 05:44 PM
if Samford wins next week you'll be co-champions for the record...if Furman wins tonight and wins next week, itll be three-way champions

As I said before this was the year for UTC to win it, if they will. If App had not been so poorly coached and awful this year then UTC would have 5 losses this year, which I said they would lose 4 or 5. Nobody in the SoCon is real good this year. I personally won't be voting any of them in the top 20 of my poll this week. Wofford showed today how bad they are and that Nate Woody was able to outsmart his previous team pretty well. Furman has gotten better but if they are co-champs with UTC and Samford that just shows how bad the league is this year. Nobody in the SoCon except for WCU is just completely awful as a team but nobody is really good either. There is a lot of individual talent though and I think that if Samford replaces their top 4 players with someone any good then there should be 3 real good teams next year. (UTC, Samford, Wofford) I think Wofford improves for sure and UTC is definitely going to be solid as long as they replace their 4 All-SoCon defenders with capable players.

blueballs
November 16th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Well, well, well...

Chatty chokes again.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Chatty has now pizzed away the auto bid and has no victory over a team with a winning record; so no auto bid + no quality wins + a prison rape at the hands of Alabama looming = the streak of futility and playoff absences continues.

To answer the original question... I am rolling on the floor laughing my azz off.

chattownmocs
November 16th, 2013, 05:51 PM
co-champions. UTC cannot win the outright championship on their own after the loss today. The only way now is with Elon beating Samford next Saturday and Furman losing either tonight or next week.

Co what?

chattownmocs
November 16th, 2013, 05:52 PM
As I said before this was the year for UTC to win it, if they will. If App had not been so poorly coached and awful this year then UTC would have 5 losses this year, which I said they would lose 4 or 5. Nobody in the SoCon is real good this year. I personally won't be voting any of them in the top 20 of my poll this week. Wofford showed today how bad they are and that Nate Woody was able to outsmart his previous team pretty well. Furman has gotten better but if they are co-champs with UTC and Samford that just shows how bad the league is this year. Nobody in the SoCon except for WCU is just completely awful as a team but nobody is really good either. There is a lot of individual talent though and I think that if Samford replaces their top 4 players with someone any good then there should be 3 real good teams next year. (UTC, Samford, Wofford) I think Wofford improves for sure and UTC is definitely going to be solid as long as they replace their 4 All-SoCon defenders with capable players.

Yeah but App State does suck. Did us to pick us to be socon champs? I don't think you did.

gsu2583
November 16th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Co what?

Co-caine's a helluva drug.

Horseshoe App
November 16th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Yeah but App State does suck. Did us to pick us to be socon champs? I don't think you did.

It is sad when your team is okay and you have to bang on ASU. You are a d*** and your sorry a** team is not going to go anywhere. If your sorry a** quarterback would have been that immobile against us, we would have beat you by two touchdowns. Yes, we suck this year, but isn't it just awful that this is your best year and you are not that much better than us. Now, get your mama to fix you a sub sandwich and crawl back in your basement and talk smack:)

bjtheflamesfan
November 16th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Co-champions...although if Samford gets the autobid and somehow UTC misses the playoffs (which thanks to the loss today is certainly still on the table after today), being co-champions really wont amount to a hill of beans.

FormerPokeCenter
November 16th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Alabama needs to be careful...this could be a trap game for them!!! ;)

PaladinFan
November 16th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Both Samford and UTC are huge Wofford fans next week. Furman wins that game, and one of those two probably stays home.

smallcollegefbfan
November 16th, 2013, 06:45 PM

I said it was possible and had App been any good this year you would have lost to them and you would be 2nd place, just like I said. You guys will be co-champs but I don't think you will get the autobid. You need some help to get it. You said you would sweep the league and win the autobid. You said you were a top 10 team so you aren't 100% right either. I said you would finish in 2nd place, 3rd at worst. If Samford or Furman gets the autobid then it looks like you will be the #2 or #3 team, which would be dead on.

Legit question to many people out there. Does UTC get in the playoffs at 8-4 as co-champs and #2 in the league? I think they should get in but will they? I think there are 3-4 teams with auto bids who aren't better than UTC and I would say UTC should be about 20-24 in the polls so they are worthy of the playoffs but if UTC does not get the autobid you guys may be out. I think as of today, including the autobids, you guys, UT Martin, Tenn State, UNH, Jacksonville State, and Delaware would be considered for the last two spots. You lost to UT Martin so I would take them and then it would be down to you, TSU, and JSU in my opinion as to who the last team would be.

chattownmocs
November 16th, 2013, 06:56 PM
It is sad when your team is okay and you have to bang on ASU. You are a d*** and your sorry a** team is not going to go anywhere. If your sorry a** quarterback would have been that immobile against us, we would have beat you by two touchdowns. Yes, we suck this year, but isn't it just awful that this is your best year and you are not that much better than us. Now, get your mama to fix you a sub sandwich and crawl back in your basement and talk smack:)

He's injured his leg last week idiot. App state is 3-8, We are 8-3. Get real jackass.

blueballs
November 16th, 2013, 06:57 PM
O
I said it was possible and had App been any good this year you would have lost to them and you would be 2nd place, just like I said. You guys will be co-champs but I don't think you will get the autobid. You need some help to get it. You said you would sweep the league and win the autobid. You said you were a top 10 team so you aren't 100% right either. I said you would finish in 2nd place, 3rd at worst. If Samford or Furman gets the autobid then it looks like you will be the #2 or #3 team, which would be dead on.

Legit question to many people out there. Does UTC get in the playoffs at 8-4 as co-champs and #2 in the league? I think they should get in but will they? I think there are 3-4 teams with auto bids who aren't better than UTC and I would say UTC should be about 20-24 in the polls so they are worthy of the playoffs but if UTC does not get the autobid you guys may be out. I think as of today, including the autobids, you guys, UT Martin, Tenn State, UNH, Jacksonville State, and Delaware would be considered for the last two spots. You lost to UT Martin so I would take them and then it would be down to you, TSU, and JSU in my opinion as to who the last team would be.

I don't think so, Josh. They have no quality wins. There will be teams with equal records and better wins come selection time that will get the nod. The committee has implied repeatedly through the years that they look at the quality of wins. Chatty has none.

chattownmocs
November 16th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Co-champions...although if Samford gets the autobid and somehow UTC misses the playoffs (which thanks to the loss today is certainly still on the table after today), being co-champions really wont amount to a hill of beans.

What? A championship is every bit as important as the playoffs. BTW, you are extremely uninformed. The socon will have 2 teams. We may not make it if Furman gets the autobid. If Samford gets it, we are in.

chattownmocs
November 16th, 2013, 07:00 PM

You actually predicted that we would be 6-6 or 7-5. Stop fabricating. If App State was as good the rest of the year as they were against us they wouldn't be 3-8. That was their best game against us in the Huesman era. Definitely offensively.

Bison56
November 16th, 2013, 07:02 PM
What? A championship is every bit as important as the playoffs. BTW, you are extremely uninformed. The socon will have 2 teams. We may not make it if Furman gets the autobid. If Samford gets it, we are in.You said this team was a National Champion team. GTFO

chattownmocs
November 16th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Wofford and Furman are both quality wins. The quality and manner of Chattanooga's losses will be taken into account. Just as will the fact that they won 6 of their last 7 FCS games. Samford will probably get the nod based on head-to-head but they also may not.

chattownmocs
November 16th, 2013, 07:04 PM
You said this team was a National Champion team. GTFO

If Chattanooga gets healthy they can play with anyone in the country. They probably can even if they aren't. The only thing resembling a sound beating was on the opening night a long long time ago.

tjamz
November 16th, 2013, 07:09 PM
If Chattanooga gets healthy they can play with anyone in the country. They probably can even if they aren't. The only thing resembling a sound beating was on the opening night a long long time ago.

At this point in the season no one is 100% healthy. Some teams however have the depth to win even when a couple of their stars are on the sidelines.

chattownmocs
November 16th, 2013, 07:11 PM
At this point in the season no one is 100% healthy. Some teams however have the depth to win even when a couple of their stars are on the sidelines.

Which Chattanooga has done repeatedly. What did I just say?

tjamz
November 16th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Except when the chance to win the conference outright is on the line. Then it becomes a "if we were healthy...." statement. Right?

PaladinFan
November 16th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Wofford and Furman are both quality wins. The quality and manner of Chattanooga's losses will be taken into account. Just as will the fact that they won 6 of their last 7 FCS games. Samford will probably get the nod based on head-to-head but they also may not.

UTC played Furman's fourth string quarterback. Elon beat us with that unit on the field.

You play the hand you're dealt, but I'd like to see the Paladins and Mocs meet up again.

chattownmocs
November 16th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Except when the chance to win the conference outright is on the line. Then it becomes a "if we were healthy...." statement. Right?

I thought we lost in overtime on the road to a good team with just as much if not more to play for. Are you claiming we can't play with Samford?

fmrbearkat
November 16th, 2013, 07:20 PM

I actually hope they do so we don't have the listen to Chattown all offseason about how they got hosed but in my honest opinion this loss will knock them out of the top 25 and with a loss next week and a really weak schedule I think they will get left out.

chattownmocs
November 16th, 2013, 07:21 PM
UTC played Furman's fourth string quarterback. Elon beat us with that unit on the field.

You play the hand you're dealt, but I'd like to see the Paladins and Mocs meet up again.

UTC beat the brakes of Furman. Destroyed them at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. It wasn't even a close game. Even if Furman wins the autobid, they will go only because they won the autobid. They are still the 3rd best team in the conference.

blueballs
November 16th, 2013, 07:21 PM

The committee has repeatedly stated that a loss is a loss, and that there is no quality loss... and if your best wins are over a pair of 5 loss teams you have nothing to hang your hat on.

The only thing in your favor is the fact that you played an all D-1 schedule. That helps.

tjamz
November 16th, 2013, 07:23 PM
To expand on that I mean that if your team was as good as you say you could lose a couple key players for a few games (or the rest of the season) and still win the big games. I can point to one team that just played for the conference championship today w/o 2 of their best defensive players and still put an 18 point beating on another team who was rated 15th in the nation. UTC on the other hand while rated 17/18 lost to an unrated team and may have lost themselves the auto bid (or any bid) at a post-season run.

Point being good teams find ways to win. UTC has yet to prove to me that they can find that will to win the big games.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 16th, 2013, 07:26 PM

They can play, just not win.

-26 against any of the top 4 seeds in the tournament. And that's generous.

chattownmocs
November 16th, 2013, 07:27 PM
The committee has repeatedly stated that a loss is a loss, and that there is no quality loss... and if your best wins are over a pair of 5 loss teams you have nothing to hang your hat on.

The only thing in your favor is the fact that you played an all D-1 schedule. That helps.

There are quality wins but all losses are equal? That's dumb. I'm pretty sure a committee by its very nature is made up of different people with different opinions who place importance on different things and will advocate as such.

chattownmocs
November 16th, 2013, 07:36 PM
To expand on that I mean that if your team was as good as you say you could lose a couple key players for a few games (or the rest of the season) and still win the big games. I can point to one team that just played for the conference championship today w/o 2 of their best defensive players and still put an 18 point beating on another team who was rated 15th in the nation. UTC on the other hand while rated 17/18 lost to an unrated team and may have lost themselves the auto bid (or any bid) at a post-season run.

Point being good teams find ways to win. UTC has yet to prove to me that they can find that will to win the big games.

We won 6 straight big games, many of them Without multiple key guys. Our backs were against the wall multiple times and responded in a big way every time, including tonight. I don't think the character of an entire football team can be soley judged on a placekicker clanking a 30 yarder in OT. Chattanooga was an inheritantly flawed offense tonight. They are a power running team that was missing by far their best back, and their QB who is a master of the read option and qb draw was very limited in his mobility. He toughed it out and delivered probably the best passing performance of his career. It was enough to drive the ball deep into Samford territory almost every time but when Samford was able to play tighter coverage and didn't have to respect the QBs option to keep the ball, they got stops down there.

PaladinFan
November 16th, 2013, 07:38 PM
UTC beat the brakes of Furman. Destroyed them at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. It wasn't even a close game. Even if Furman wins the autobid, they will go only because they won the autobid. They are still the 3rd best team in the conference.

Do you ever get tired of hearing yourself?

If Furman gets the auto bid, it will be because it was earned. Furman will have gone 6-2 in the conference (just like UTC). They will have beaten both teams that beat UTC (you may forget we thrashed Samford last week, the same team UTC struggled to do anything against).

Furman has lost 5 games. In three of them, our starting quarterback never played (you think UTC would have its record if Husemann never saw the field in three games?). In two conference games, our fourth string quarterback started (a guy who was wearing the headset in week one). One of our losses was on the road to a top 10 Coastal Carolina by seven. The other was against LSU in Baton Rouge.

UTC's a good team, but Furman didn't back into this position. In my view, Bruce Fowler is SoCon coach of the year regardless of what happens against Wofford.

chattownmocs
November 16th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Do you ever get tired of hearing yourself?

If Furman gets the auto bid, it will be because it was earned. Furman will have gone 6-2 in the conference (just like UTC). They will have beaten both teams that beat UTC (you may forget we thrashed Samford last week, the same team UTC struggled to do anything against).

Furman has lost 5 games. In three of them, our starting quarterback never played (you think UTC would have its record if Husemann never saw the field in three games?). In two conference games, our fourth string quarterback started (a guy who was wearing the headset in week one). One of our losses was on the road to a top 10 Coastal Carolina by seven. The other was against LSU in Baton Rouge.

UTC's a good team, but Furman didn't back into this position. In my view, Bruce Fowler is SoCon coach of the year regardless of what happens against Wofford.

Furman didn't back in. But you are somehow equating winning a tiebreaker to being the best team. Furman is playing good football right now, they weren't Reese Hannon away from beating Chattanooga.

bjtheflamesfan
November 16th, 2013, 07:53 PM
We won 6 straight big games, many of them Without multiple key guys. Our backs were against the wall multiple times and responded in a big way every time, including tonight. I don't think the character of an entire football team can be soley judged on a placekicker clanking a 30 yarder in OT. Chattanooga was an inheritantly flawed offense tonight. They are a power running team that was missing by far their best back, and their QB who is a master of the read option and qb draw was very limited in his mobility. He toughed it out and delivered probably the best passing performance of his career. It was enough to drive the ball deep into Samford territory almost every time but when Samford was able to play tighter coverage and didn't have to respect the QBs option to keep the ball, they got stops down there.

I bolded this because while it is laudable, you had a chance to make it 7 and win the first outright conference championship since 1984 (also the only time UTC went to the playoffs) and you couldn't get over the top. UTC is improving but they still haven't gotten to the top of the mountain.

eaglewraith
November 16th, 2013, 07:56 PM

You need Wofford to win to have 2 wins over teams with a winning record. If Furman wins, you only have 1 win over a team with a winning record. None of the teams you have beaten are going to be in the playoffs in that case, so you have no wins over playoff competition. 2 of the teams you beat haven't won a game this entire season.

You've lost each game you played against playoff caliber teams. You will finish the season with a 2 game losing streak which is terrible for your at large hopes.

You better be praying.

chattownmocs
November 16th, 2013, 07:57 PM
I bolded this because while it is laudable, you had a chance to make it 7 and win the first outright conference championship since 1984 (also the only time UTC went to the playoffs) and you couldn't get over the top. UTC is improving but they still haven't gotten to the top of the mountain.

There is nothing laughable about it. Its statement of fact. Chattanooga knew they needed to win out making all 7 games big games. They got 6 of them and came up a few inches left tonight. Getting 6 may be enough, it may not be. Regardless they are champs.

eaglewraith
November 16th, 2013, 07:57 PM
There is nothing laughable about it. Its statement of fact. Chattanooga knew they needed to win out making all 7 games big games. They got 6 of them and came up a few inches left tonight.

Close only counts in horsehoes and hand grenades son.

chattownmocs
November 16th, 2013, 08:01 PM
You need Wofford to win to have 2 wins over teams with a winning record. If Furman wins, you only have 1 win over a team with a winning record. None of the teams you have beaten are going to be in the playoffs in that case, so you have no wins over playoff competition. 2 of the teams you beat haven't won a game this entire season.

You've lost each game you played against playoff caliber teams. You will finish the season with a 2 game losing streak which is terrible for your at large hopes.

You better be praying.

We beat some good teams, we lost to some good teams. That's abundantly obvious. The truth is that at least half of our wins were over teams that are better than several teams that will be in the playoffs.

chattownmocs
November 16th, 2013, 08:02 PM

Well, we are southern conference champs and there is certainly no guarantee we won't be in the playoffs, let the chickens hatch bitch.

eaglewraith
November 16th, 2013, 08:02 PM
We beat some good teams, we lost to some good teams. That's abundantly obvious. The truth is that at least half of our wins were over teams that are better than several teams that will be in the playoffs.

You beat who that was a good team? Furman is about the only one you've really got. If Furman beats Wofford, they finish with a losing record. So who have you beaten that's a good team?

bjtheflamesfan
November 16th, 2013, 08:03 PM
There is nothing laughable about it. Its statement of fact. Chattanooga knew they needed to win out making all 7 games big games. They got 6 of them and came up a few inches left tonight. Getting 6 may be enough, it may not be. Regardless they are champs.

Do you not understand what the word laudable means? I didnt say it was laughable. What I said was that while what UTC did is worth praiseworthy (which is what laudable means), UTC, with a chance to reach the pinnacle all by themselves, soiled their jockstraps and now has to hope that Furman and Samford both throw up all over themselves next week while the Mocs get curbstomped by the #1 team in FBS.

eaglewraith
November 16th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Well, we are southern conference champs and there is certainly no guarantee we won't be in the playoffs, let the chickens hatch bitch.

Like I said, you better be praying.

Darlinikki150
November 16th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Everyone should just let Chatty win so they can get into the playoffs and be beaten down by the Bison. Score should be 60 something to 3. Maybe, just maybe chattmocs will stuff realizing Chatty is no where near a playoff team. I would also be open to substitutions of EW, SHSU, and SUI for the Bison. Any of these teams would kick Chatty back to reality.

blueballs
November 16th, 2013, 08:08 PM

...also f---ing fat women.

chattownmocs
November 16th, 2013, 08:09 PM
You beat who that was a good team? Furman is about the only one you've really got. If Furman beats Wofford, they finish with a losing record. So who have you beaten that's a good team?

Wofford the Citadel, furman App State and possibly even Georgia State could very possibly beat a few at large teams.

chattownmocs
November 16th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Like I said, you better be praying.

I'll be praying next week. That's going to tell the story more than likely. Either way, we will still be Socon champs.

Bison56
November 16th, 2013, 08:13 PM
The next 2 games aren't that difficult.
Really?xlolx

chattownmocs
November 16th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Do you not understand what the word laudable means? I didnt say it was laughable. What I said was that while what UTC did is worth praiseworthy (which is what laudable means), UTC, with a chance to reach the pinnacle all by themselves, soiled their jockstraps and now has to hope that Furman and Samford both throw up all over themselves next week while the Mocs get curbstomped by the #1 team in FBS.

I think the reason I put laughable is because I misread skimming your post. Are talking trash because Alabama is going to beat us? That's about as weak and irrelevant as you have ever gotten and that is saying something.

eaglewraith
Wofford the Citadel, furman App State and possibly even Georgia State could very possibly beat a few at large teams.

Wofford 5-5 (If Wofford loses they finish 5-6, so not a winning record)
Furman 6-5 (If Furman loses, they finish 6-6 so not above .500)
Citadel 5-6 (Playing Clemson to end the season, high loss likelihood so 5-7 final record)
App State 3-8 (Closing with WCU, so probably 4-8)
Georgia State 0-10 (LOL)

So Furman is the only good team at this point, and a possibility they finish with an even record which doesn't exactly excite the committee.

Bison56
Haha 2 wins away from the playoffs. 3 wins away from the socon title and a home playoff game.
Again xlolx

chattownmocs
November 16th, 2013, 08:16 PM
Really?xlolx

They weren't at the time. A leg injury that demobilized our QB and the extended absence of our RB changed it.

chattownmocs
November 16th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Again xlolx

Socon: check
Playoffs: more likely than not
Home game: if we make playoffs 95% chance we play at home by my estimation.

Bisonoline
November 16th, 2013, 08:19 PM
I'll be praying next week. That's going to tell the story more than likely. Either way, we will still be Socon champs.

Doesnt mean squat if you dont go to the dance.

BullDog85
November 16th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Co-champs. I don't see Vermin dropping one at home to the rat dogs and Ellen is no match for Sammy at Sammy's house.

chattownmocs
November 16th, 2013, 08:21 PM
Wofford 5-5 (If Wofford loses they finish 5-6, so not a winning record)
Furman 6-5 (If Furman loses, they finish 6-6 so not above .500)
Citadel 5-6 (Playing Clemson to end the season, high loss likelihood so 5-7 final record)
App State 3-8 (Closing with WCU, so probably 4-8)
Georgia State 0-10 (LOL)

So Furman is the only good team at this point, and a possibility they finish with an even record which doesn't exactly excite the committee.

I'm not sure you understand what a good team is. If its based on solely on record, chattanooga must be pretty damn good. As far GeorgiaState goes, they have played 3 possible FCS playoff teams. 2 were close, 1 was not. Don't discount what they could do against a full FCS schedule this year, they are much improved.

eaglewraith
November 16th, 2013, 08:24 PM
I'm not sure you understand what a good team is. If its based on solely on record, chattanooga must be pretty damn good. As far GeorgiaState goes, they have played 3 possible FCS playoff teams. 2 were close, 1 was not. Don't discount what they could do against a full FCS schedule this year, they are much improved.

The committee is going to look at your opponents' records, so it's a pretty damn important thing to look at. You have no ranked wins. You have MAYBE 2 wins against teams without a losing record. You do understand that means you have no marquee wins right? Ga State might be improved, but they have only beaten like 3 teams with scholarships for the history of their program so they are still ****ing terrible.

chattownmocs
November 16th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Doesnt mean squat if you dont go to the dance.

Actually its completely independent of anything else. A conference championship is a conference championship whether you miss the playoffs or win the national title.

Bisonoline
November 16th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Actually its completely independent of anything else. A conference championship is a conference championship whether you miss the playoffs or win the national title.

Does your conference champion get the auto bid to the playoffs?

Bison56
November 16th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Just a week ago you said the playoffs were a lock.xlolx

chattownmocs
November 16th, 2013, 08:31 PM
The committee is going to look at your opponents' records, so it's a pretty damn important thing to look at. You have no ranked wins. You have MAYBE 2 wins against teams without a losing record. You do understand that means you have no marquee wins right? Ga State might be improved, but they have only beaten like 3 teams with scholarships for the history of their program so they are still ****ing terrible.

So are they going to ignore our record, but take nothing but our opponents records under consideration? That doesnt make any sense. Btw, I didn't include Georgia State as one of the four "good" teams. I said they could possibly beat a playoff team.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 16th, 2013, 08:33 PM
So are they going to ignore our record, but take nothing about our opponents under consideration? That doesnt make any sense. Btw, I didn't include Georgia State as one of the four "good" teams. I said they could possibly beat a playoff team.

personally I think the committee would be doing you a favor leaving you out of the playoffs. Chatty would get embarrassed against any of the ACTUAL championship contenders.

you might get over some of the autobids from PFC or Patriot, but nobody actually good.

chattownmocs
November 16th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Does your conference champion get the auto bid to the playoffs?

If they have the tiebreaker for the (AUTOBID). More than one team can be conference champion. Autobid is a different story. The tie that is broken is for the autobid. The conference championship tie isn't what is broken. I'm not sure how in the world you think you can outsmart me with stuff like this but honestly it's pretty feeble.

chattownmocs
November 16th, 2013, 08:37 PM
personally I think the committee would be doing you a favor leaving you out of the playoffs. Chatty would get embarrassed against any of the ACTUAL championship contenders.

you might get over some of the autobids from PFC or Patriot, but nobody actually good.

Yeah, there are just so many great teams out there. Not sure how little old Chattanooga could ever compete with a true contender....happy? Gtfo. You are a poor excuse for a troll.

eaglewraith
November 16th, 2013, 08:39 PM
So are they going to ignore our record, but take nothing about our opponents under consideration? That doesnt make any sense. Btw, I didn't include Georgia State as one of the four "good" teams. I said they could possibly beat a playoff team.

Uh, I'm looking at your opponents in that breakdown I just did. You beat a bunch of weak teams, except potentially Furman and maybe Wofford. Any other team that was good/playoff caliber beat you.

You're on the bubble, and depending on how the rest of the nation finishes, you're on the outside looking in. Lehigh missed the playoffs with a 10-1 record last year cause they had 0 quality wins. The way your opponents finish matters big time.

chattownmocs
November 16th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Uh, I'm looking at your opponents in that breakdown I just did. You beat a bunch of weak teams, except potentially Furman and maybe Wofford. Any other team that was good/playoff caliber beat you.

You're on the bubble, and depending on how the rest of the nation finishes, you're on the outside looking in. Lehigh missed the playoffs with a 10-1 record last year cause they had 0 quality wins. The way your opponents finish matters big time.

So basically you are using your wishful thinking and claiming that the committee will agree with you? Amiright? :yawn: arguing with weak intellects is a bore.

gsu2583
November 16th, 2013, 09:06 PM

You mean two good teams and one "scrub club," right?

xcoffeex

Screamin_Eagle174
November 16th, 2013, 09:12 PM
Everyone.

Bisonoline
November 16th, 2013, 09:14 PM
If they have the tiebreaker for the (AUTOBID). More than one team can be conference champion. Autobid is a different story. The tie that is broken is for the autobid. The conference championship tie isn't what is broken. I'm not sure how in the world you think you can outsmart me with stuff like this but honestly it's pretty feeble.

I didnt ask about a tie breaker. I asked you a simple question of which you failed to answer. I guess it doesnt take much to out smart you as that wasnt the intention of my post but it looks as though that was the result. Thanks for playing.

bjtheflamesfan
November 16th, 2013, 09:16 PM

Theyll look at both. THey will look at your record, but in looking at it they will ask "Ok, UTC is 8-4. Who were their 8 wins against?" Then they will analyze your opponents:

Georgia State: FBS team...very bad FBS team. eh give em a bit of a bump since they are FBS
Austin Peay: Winless FCS...not a good win
Western Carolina: Not a good team...improving but still not great
Furman: Good win, but only in the sense that the Paladins are better now than they were at the time when they didnt have their best player...(upward bump if FU wins the autobid)
Elon: Not a good team...game the Mocs should win and they did
The Citadel: Good win but we really can't bump them up much because of how underwhelming they have performed...not to mention they had to rally in the 4th quarter to do it
Appalachian State: Really not as good a win as it could have been...
Wofford: Like App State, not as good a win as it could have been

THen they look at the losses

UT-Martin: Not a good loss
Georgia Southern: This was UTC's real big chance at a statement win here...the Eagles have dominated this series and UTC should have stopped them in the 4th
Samford: This was a big one for them...outright conference championship was on the line and they missed bigtime
Alabama: Really can't fault UTC for losing this one, the Tide are the #1 team in all of the FBS so a loss here was expected

That isn't exactly a resume that screams "oh yeah let's put em in" if UTC doesn't get the autobid after next weekend

eaglewraith
November 16th, 2013, 09:17 PM
So basically you are using your wishful thinking and claiming that the committee will agree with you? Amiright? :yawn: arguing with weak intellects is a bore.

No wishful thinking, my team has been to the playoffs a lot more than yours has. Fans of consistent playoff teams know what comes into play in the room when the committee makes their decisions. You need a ton of help, and even then you'll still be just sneaking in if you make it.

You have nothing of note in your resume. That's fact. Any chance at a marquee win you pissed away.

pike51
November 16th, 2013, 09:42 PM
So how did the Chatty vs Samford game finish up? I mean, I know Chatty had to win big, but I wanted to know by how much?

pike51
November 16th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Wait... the ESPN ticker says Chatty LOST in Samford!?!?! Say it ain't so! That's a mistake right? Impossible. Don't believe it!

FTR... I'm laughing my arse off right now!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA ! ! ! !

Southern Bison
November 17th, 2013, 04:44 AM
I had a 9-hr drive from Youngstown, OH where I watched my Bison win their third straight (outright) conference championship back to Charlotte, NC. Driving was no problem laughing at UT-C the entire time!

Eaglesrus
November 17th, 2013, 05:21 AM

As if that's not exactly what you're doing; I'm still laughing!

blueballs
November 17th, 2013, 07:07 AM
The question now is not who is laughing now... We are. The question is not if Chatty is great...they are not. The question is not whether they will choke... they will. the question is not whether they will get the auto bid... they won't. The question is not if they will be a factor in the playoffs... they won't. The question isn't if Chattownmocs is delusional... He is. The question isn't even if they will win against Alabama... they won't.

Nope, the real question is, after only getting 7 against the Samford defense, will they ride off into the sunset with a big fat zero on the scoreboard next Saturday? Would that be appropriate? No auto bid, no playoffs, no points.... Rammer Jammer, Alabama. Roll Tide Roll!!!!!!!

gsu2583
November 17th, 2013, 07:32 AM
The question now is not who is laughing now... We are. The question is not if Chatty is great...they are not. The question is not whether they will choke... they will. the question is not whether they will get the auto bid... they won't. The question is not if they will be a factor in the playoffs... they won't. The question isn't if Chattownmocs is delusional... He is. The question isn't even if they will win against Alabama... they won't.

Nope, the real question is, after only getting 7 against the Samford defense, will they ride off into the sunset with a big fat zero on the scoreboard next Saturday? Would that be appropriate? No auto bid, no playoffs, no points.... Rammer Jammer, Alabama. Roll Tide Roll!!!!!!!

Nice!

As a resident of Tuscaloosa, a professional staff member at the University of Alabama, and a season ticket holder, I am definitely going to this game. A lot of folks around here only see this game as a tune up for Auburn ( and may all Barners burn in hell.) But this game is so much more than that. This is a soul-crushing, bone-crunching, Tull-stomping matchup with playoff implications.

Gentlemen, I know a lot of America has gotten tired of Alabama and the Dark Lord Saban, but for this week, an only this week, I implore you all, if/when you comment on this thread, please, close all your posts on UTC with a "Roll Tide!" If you say it enough you can curry favor with the Dark Lord that may help YOUR team this week.

That being said, I sincerely hope that Chattown comes to visit for the game. Tuscaloosa is the mental health Capitol of Alabama (no joke, at one point there were 4 facilities here.) He has an open invitation/reservation at the Taylor-Hardin Secure Medical Facility.

Or, Chattown, you can come by my place. I live about a mile from Bryant Denny, and my 4 year old daughter can poke holes in your arguments/logic.

Roll Tide y'all!

Saint3333
November 17th, 2013, 07:43 AM
24 teams make the playoffs now. Let's not try and hold that accomplishment to the same standard, there will be 6 or more good not great teams make it. UTC's resume is good enough to make a 24 team field.

BisonBacker
November 17th, 2013, 09:11 AM
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g396/donteventhinkthat/gif%20party/35k9atk.gif

SpeedkingATL
November 17th, 2013, 10:12 AM
There is still the chance that The Mocs can pull off the greatest upset in college football history by defeating the Tide. If so, they should get an at large bid to the FCS playoffs. If not..................................

smallcollegefbfan
November 17th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Theyll look at both. THey will look at your record, but in looking at it they will ask "Ok, UTC is 8-4. Who were their 8 wins against?" Then they will analyze your opponents:

Georgia State: FBS team...very bad FBS team. eh give em a bit of a bump since they are FBS
Austin Peay: Winless FCS...not a good win
Western Carolina: Not a good team...improving but still not great
Furman: Good win, but only in the sense that the Paladins are better now than they were at the time when they didnt have their best player...(upward bump if FU wins the autobid)
Elon: Not a good team...game the Mocs should win and they did
The Citadel: Good win but we really can't bump them up much because of how underwhelming they have performed...not to mention they had to rally in the 4th quarter to do it
Appalachian State: Really not as good a win as it could have been...
Wofford: Like App State, not as good a win as it could have been

THen they look at the losses

UT-Martin: Not a good loss
Georgia Southern: This was UTC's real big chance at a statement win here...the Eagles have dominated this series and UTC should have stopped them in the 4th
Samford: This was a big one for them...outright conference championship was on the line and they missed bigtime
Alabama: Really can't fault UTC for losing this one, the Tide are the #1 team in all of the FBS so a loss here was expected

That isn't exactly a resume that screams "oh yeah let's put em in" if UTC doesn't get the autobid after next weekend

UTM is not a bad win. They may be ranked when the regular season is done but the GSU loss sticks out. Had I know App was going to melt down and GSU was going to be plagued with injury I would have picked UTC to only lose 2 games this year, Samford and Alabama. They ended up losing to UTM and a bad GSU team. I would actually put UTC in the field as the 23rd or 24th team in but I would put them in. 8-4 in the SoCon, CAA, Big Sky, or MVFC deserves to be in over 8-3 from the MEAC, 9-2 at-large from the NEC, or a 2nd team in the Patriot League right now.

PaladinFan
November 17th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Hard as it is to believe, UTC finally puts it together in a season and still may not make the playoffs.

Mocs need to rub their lucky pennies and pull for the Terriers and Phoenix this weekend. Looks like the only way they make the playoffs is if Furman isn't in the conversation. Well, that or beat Alabama.

Bisonator
November 17th, 2013, 02:07 PM
There is still the chance that The Mocs can pull off the greatest upset in college football history by defeating the Tide. If so, they should get an at large bid to the FCS playoffs. If not..................................

Eff that! If UTC beats Bama, crown their ass right then! xlolx

bjtheflamesfan
November 17th, 2013, 02:47 PM
Thatd be about the only way theyd make Sportscenter too

mountaineer in Cane Land
November 17th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Their in, but get ready for a long, long road trip, maybe NDSU?

PaladinFan
November 17th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Their in, but get ready for a long, long road trip, maybe NDSU?

I don't think so. Not yet at least. If Furman takes the auto bid, and only two SoCon teams make the field, it'll probably be Samford. Samford has a more impressive resume.

bjtheflamesfan
November 17th, 2013, 06:09 PM
UTC will be bigtime Elon and Wofford fans this week.

mountaineer in Cane Land
November 17th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Ah... Sorry about that Furman fans, forgot you guys were in great shape to make the playoffs.

chattownmocs
November 17th, 2013, 06:21 PM
If either Furman(not much of a favorite against wofford) or Samford(could very well lose) lose, Chattanooga will make it. If not, they probably won't. Although projecting the playoff field as if their will be no upsets among borderline teams is silly.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 17th, 2013, 06:34 PM
If either Furman(not much of a favorite against wofford) or Samford(could very well lose) lose, Chattanooga will make it. If not, they probably won't. Although projecting the playoff field as if their will be no upsets among borderline teams is silly.

If that does happen. Will you be here on Saturday afternoon? Not likely

PaladinFan
November 17th, 2013, 07:17 PM

They did. Furman upset Samford, GSU, and App State. Samford upset UTC. You might have missed those games.

Furman should be a slight favorite against Wofford, and that's a game Furman could easily lose. I'll eat my hat if Samford loses to Elon, though.

DoWe
November 17th, 2013, 07:19 PM
I will go out on a limb and take a stab at it. Furman beats Wofford. Samford beats Elon. UTC gets whipped as bad as Bama desires. UTC fails again. Now, that was not so hard.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 17th, 2013, 07:21 PM
I will go out on a limb and take a stab at it. Furman beats Wofford. Samford beats Elon. UTC gets whipped as bad as Bama desires. UTC fails again. Now, that was not so hard.

If I were looking at likely scenarios, that would be near the top

Eaglesrus
November 17th, 2013, 07:38 PM

I predict that if the Elon team that I saw yesterday shows up in Birmingham on Saturday (and I don't see how they can become a much different team between now and then) Samford will win by 21+.

CSU18
November 17th, 2013, 07:41 PM
I predict that if the Elon team that I saw yesterday shows up in Birmingham on Saturday (and I don't see how they can become a much different team between now and then) Samford will win by 21+.

I've seen Elon in person twice - not good at all. Unless Samford really plays terrible, they beat Elon by at least 17.

blueballs
November 17th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Thatd be about the only way theyd make Sportscenter too

Actually Chatty made SportsCenter in October of 2012 when Zach Walker of GSU had a one handed circus catch against them that was a SC top 10.

PaladinFan
November 17th, 2013, 09:26 PM
I've seen Elon in person twice - not good at all. Unless Samford really plays terrible, they beat Elon by at least 17.

Elon isn't as awful as we've seen some teams in the SoCon be. They aren't getting embarrassed out there, but they aren't really challenging either. Furman managed 255 yards passing on them with our fourth string true freshman. That's kind of hard to believe, actually.

The good news for Furman, though, is that Samford has something to play for. I'd be more concerned if this were one of those bowl games where motivated underdog plays pouty favorite and beats them. Samford has every incentive to beat Elon into next Tuesday.

mountaineer in Cane Land
November 17th, 2013, 09:38 PM
looks like the Wofford/Furman game will decide Chatts fate, Woffords really, really beat up, by the 3rd quarter of the App game, they had lost alot of starters, plus they have nothing to play for, and Furman has everything, still Ayers is the best coach in the SC, if there is anyone that can get his team ready, its him.

ThompsonThe
November 18th, 2013, 04:34 AM

Fate is a fickle mistress to chattownmocs.

pike51
November 18th, 2013, 06:53 AM

What happened to the "No way Chattanooga doesn't make it" stuff? C'mon Chattown, you're slipping!

PaladinFan
November 18th, 2013, 07:17 AM
What happened to the "No way Chattanooga doesn't make it" stuff? C'mon Chattown, you're slipping!

If that scenario does play out, where Samford and Furman both win, it really got me thinking about the season on the whole. Some innocuous plays over the course of a season (mostly field goals) may have turned the fortunes of a single team.

pike51
November 18th, 2013, 07:50 AM
If that scenario does play out, where Samford and Furman both win, it really got me thinking about the season on the whole. Some innocuous plays over the course of a season (mostly field goals) may have turned the fortunes of a single team.

Yep. And think about lack of kicking game and it's effect on Georgia Southern last season. If we could kick FG's, I think we beat Citadel and Appy and host the semis instead of travelling to Fargo. Just goes to show that a few made FG's can go a long, long way.

PaladinFan
November 18th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Yep. And think about lack of kicking game and it's effect on Georgia Southern last season. If we could kick FG's, I think we beat Citadel and Appy and host the semis instead of travelling to Fargo. Just goes to show that a few made FG's can go a long, long way.

I do think that has given Furman a massive advantage in games thus far this season. Furman is not great on offense, but the defense creates turnovers, and they don't have to score touchdowns to put points on the board consistently. That'll win football games.

This went relatively unnoticed this week, but Furman's Ray Early hit 6 field goals in the win over Western, setting a Furman record. Many said that he would have been 7 for 7, but the SoCon refs (typically) missed the call. Early is without question the SoCon's top kicker and is a huge reason Furman is in its current position.

If your offense has to only get to about the 30 yard line to score, it puts a lot of pressure on a defense.

BEAR
November 18th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Are we still laughing? xeyebrowx

Bisonator
November 18th, 2013, 09:18 AM

Of course! xlolx

pike51
November 18th, 2013, 09:23 AM

Why wouldn't we be? Other than Chatty going 0 fer, this may work out as the perfect storm with them sitting at home after having a fairly good year.

chattownmocs
November 18th, 2013, 11:10 AM
I'm feeling rather positive and nostalgic. I'm not going to try and convince anyone that this team can play with the top tier seeds. I will say, this team is very gritty, They had to be a different football team on Saturday. They had to change their identity on offense. With Keon Williams out and Huesman hobbled they couldn't be a power running team. But time and time again the drives would stall in Samford territory. Samford was struggling even more to move the ball offensively, but they found the big play, we couldn't hit it. But you just knew, even down 14-0 in the 4th, there was still a run. Our guys made it and I'm proud of them for making it. We need some help but it ain't over yet.

pike51
November 18th, 2013, 11:27 AM
I'm feeling rather positive and nostalgic. I'm not going to try and convince anyone that this team can play with the top tier seeds. I will say, this team is very gritty, They had to be a different football team on Saturday. They had to change their identity on offense. With Keon Williams out and Huesman hobbled they couldn't be a power running team. But time and time again the drives would stall in Samford territory. Samford was struggling even more to move the ball offensively, but they found the big play, we couldn't hit it. But you just knew, even down 14-0 in the 4th, there was still a run. Our guys made it and I'm proud of them for making it. We need some help but it ain't over yet.

If you had taken this same approach earlier, I think it would have come across much better. Chattanooga is a very good football team. Nobody disputes that. However, for some reason, they just haven't gotten over the hump. If Furman loses and Chatty wins the auto-bid, that might just be the "break" they needed to get on the other side and start what could become a dominate run in the SoCon. But if Furman wins and Chatty is left on the outside looking in, it could spell disaster for the program as a whole.

Granted, even with a Furman win, there is a possibility that Chatty gets a bid. How much of a chance I honestly don't know. The FCS football world thinks the SoCon is down (way down) this year and it could very well be a 1 bid league. Things will play out the way they do.

On a side note... as much as I like the more humble Chattown, this thread has been a lot of fun. It's good to see someone with that much faith in their team who is willing to go down with the ship. I'm glad you've stuck it out this season and even if you don't make the playoffs, please don't go into hiding. You'll gain a lot of respect back around here sticking around, taking your lumps and getting ready to do it all over again next year. Honestly, I'm looking forward to the Chattanooga, who's laughing now 2014 thread as soo as the season ends for them this year, whenever that may be. :)

chattownmocs
November 18th, 2013, 12:03 PM
I don't think its disastrous for the program if we dont make the playoffs. It was a step forward. You could argue that improving so quickly yet not attaining a conference championship for so long should have been disastrous. Losing all of those crazy close games could have been disastrous. But the fact remains, Russ Huesman is a good xs and os coach, and also a good recruiter. Where we lose guys there are a lot of good looking young guys already stepping up.

Was this thread way off has from the beginning? I don't know, I still think Chattanooga is a legit team. I don't think they are weak. They are vulnerable to a loss, but they just aren't going to get embarrassed very often. They really are a very solid team that with real talent that can match up with just about everybody. I may have been further from reality than the haters. It ain't over yet though.

pike51
November 18th, 2013, 12:34 PM
I don't think its disastrous for the program if we dont make the playoffs. It was a step forward. You could argue that improving so quickly yet not attaining a conference championship for so long should have been disastrous. Losing all of those crazy close games could have been disastrous. But the fact remains, Russ Huesman is a good xs and os coach, and also a good recruiter. Where we lose guys there are a lot of good looking young guys already stepping up.

Was this thread way off has from the beginning? I don't know, I still think Chattanooga is a legit team. I don't think they are weak. They are vulnerable to a loss, but they just aren't going to get embarrassed very often. They really are a very solid team that with real talent that can match up with just about everybody. I may have been further from reality than the haters. It ain't over yet though.

What you have to see that everyone has tried to point out to you is that Chattanooga has a history of having a very capable team but not the ability to make it over the hump. 1984 is the last time Chatty made the playoffs. 1984. Let that sink in for a minute. Since 1984, Chattanooga has had many outstanding players who by all means would be considered top 5 talent in the FCS. They've had teams capable of winning a national title on paper, but they haven't been able to make it happen. No doubt Chattanooga on paper was possibly the top of the SoCon this season, however, they've managed to leave it in doubt when it matters. Now, they could end up with the auto-bid but it shouldn't have been close (on paper and according to you). That's what our point from day 1 of this thread has been... doesn't matter how good they should be, it's how good are they in the win/loss column. Nobody cares what the excuses are, you either win or lose the games and at the end of the day, that is all that matters. Could Chattanooga hang with someone like NDSU? Possibly. But based on history, they won't get that far so it's a moot point. They have to get over that hump.

As for disaster if they fail to make the playoffs, maybe not on the surface... but deep inside where nobody can see, Chattanooga will be hurting. Because the best shot they had at this thing since 1984 just slipped away (again). The inability to put all the pieces together builds and frustrations set in. Right now, Chattanooga is a great team who can't get over that hump. Another year of no playoffs will just add fuel to that fire. Making the field will go a long way in changing that "tradition."

This coming Saturday will be very interesting in the long run of Chattanooga... not just for this season, but for the program's direction and mentality in the coming years.