PDA

View Full Version : Predictions (Please Park Your Rose Colred Glasses)

carney2
July 31st, 2013, 08:46 AM
Hopefully returning to football from some of the silliness we're seeing on this site, please give us a rundown of your team's game by game hopes and fears for 2013.

Here's a start for Lafayette:

Sacred Heart = W - A cupcake - just like Robert Morris last year.

William & Mary = W - Not betting the ranch on this one, but W&M is not top tier CAA.

@ Penn = L - 120 years of futility suddenly have turned into a hex sign going the other way despite the talent gap. Betting on the talent this year.

Bucknell = W - Still waiting for Joe Susan to show that he is making a difference.

@ Princeton = L - The gods are laughing their a$$e$ off (again).

@ Harvard = L - See Princeton.

@ Holy Cross = W - Not seeing all that much improvement in Woo.

@ Georgetown = W - Like water, the Hoyas begin to settle in at their proper level.

Colgate = W - Going way out on a limb here because the gods say this cannot be.

Fordham = L - The Rams show the rest of the League what it coulda/shoulda been like with scholarships.

@ Lehigh (149) =W - The Squawks' gaudy record is again assembled at the cupcake counter.

FINAL = 7-4, Patriot League championship and playoff appearance where the Pards get their clocks cleaned. Also, ignoring The Frankosaurus factor which is just a trip down the yellow brick road. He is lurking on every sideline every Saturday.

CID1990
July 31st, 2013, 09:08 AM
El Cid loses to GSU, Chatty, ODU, and clempson on the road.

Undefeated at home.

Gotta be optimistic.

darell1976
July 31st, 2013, 09:15 AM
North Dakota

vs Valparaiso = W- Should be a blowout as Valpo is picked last in their conference

vs South Dakota State= W- UND in front of a huge crowd as it is the Potato Bowl will have home field advantage.

vs Montana=W- UND beat Montana with a horrible defense last season and racked up 660 yards passing on their defense. UND has a new DC and the same WR's facing the Griz.

vs Montana St= W- I am going with UND in this one because UND will be coming off of a bye week so all the players will be well rested, plus dome field advantage

@ Idaho St= W- UND beat ISU in our first year of DI in 2008 they should be able to get it done again.

vs EWU= L- If UND has to lose a home game it will be this one. if our QB's are top notch form UND wins or else the Eagles take it.

@ PSU=W- UND passed all over the place on PSU last season with our backup QB, I think UND takes this in a close one.

vs Sac St=W- UND's D actually played well at Sac St last season and beat them, no problem beating them in the dome.

@ NAU=L- Last time UND played at NAU they got thumped in the 1980's, this time closer game but NAU takes it.

vs UNC=W- UND struggles historically in Greeley but should find a way to win at home.

@ UC Davis=W- UND beat UC Davis its last time out there and should do it again, as UC Davis seems to have problems as of late.

9-2 thanks to 7 home games and a weak road schedule (except NAU). It all depends on two things....Defense, and our RFr QB's.

Playoff bound!!!!!!!

bluehenbillk
July 31st, 2013, 09:16 AM
Delaware:

Jacksonville - W
DelState -W
@Navy - L
Wagner - W
JMU - W
@ Maine - L
Albany - W
@URI - W
@Towson - L
W&M - W
Richmond - W
@Nova - L

Record- 8-4
No Playoffs

pike51
July 31st, 2013, 09:17 AM
El Cid loses to GSU, ODU, and clempson on the road.

App State at home.

FIFY... you will not lose to Chatty this year. ;)

CID1990
July 31st, 2013, 09:25 AM

We're going to split with you guys and GSU. I'm calling it today!

(Take your pick who we beat, but I like us over you guys at home vs the Stink in Stinksboro)

clenz
July 31st, 2013, 09:26 AM
@ Iowa State - L
Drake - W
@ Northern Colorado - W
McNeese State - W
@ NDSU - L
SIU - W
USD - W
@SDSU - W
@ISUr - W
YSU - W
@ MSU - W
WIU – W

Games I feel are locks as W’s:
Drake, UNC, USD, YSU, MSU, WIU

Games I have as a W that could be an L:
SDSU, ISUr, McNeese St

Games I have as a L that could be a W:
Iowa State, NDSU

I see UNI probably finishing 9-3/8-4

NoDak 4 Ever
July 31st, 2013, 09:32 AM
No Glasses. K-State should be the only loss but I wouldn't be surprised with the mid season 5th place team coming into the Dome and ****ing it all up.

Barring that, 10-1 3peat.

Catatonic
July 31st, 2013, 09:33 AM
Abilene Christian (transitioning to FCS from D 2. Not a very attractive schedule imo)

Concordia College (Ala.) NAIA) W
McMurry University (D2) W
New Mexico Highlands University (D2) W
Illinois State University Normal, IL L
Tarleton State University (D2) Toss up
Pittsburg State University (D2) Toss up
Houston Baptist Houston W
University of the Incarnate Word W
New Mexico State( FBS) L
Prairie View A&M W

We finish 8-3, splitting two toss up games vs a pair of above average D2 teams and losing to Ill. State and New Mexico State.

Go Green
July 31st, 2013, 09:41 AM
Sacred Heart = W - A cupcake.

Dartmouth thought the same thing the past two years, and lost both of them.

xbangx

UNDBIZ
July 31st, 2013, 10:03 AM
The University of North Dakota

Home games against Montana, South Dakota St, Montana St, and E Washington. With no kelly green glasses on, I say we go 1-3, in those games at home. Toss-ups against Sacramento St and N Arizona and should beat the rest or else we're in trouble. My best case scenario has us at 8-3, but if things fall apart we could be looking at 2-9 with wins over Valpo and Idaho St and the coach being fired after the Sac St game xbadx

Sammy94
July 31st, 2013, 10:26 AM
Sam Houston State

Houston Baptist University = W - First game for a start up program and future SLC foe. This one will be over after the first quarter. Flanders and Co. will watch the back ups finish this one after the first half.

@Texas A&M = L - This one could very well be over after the first quarter also but not in the Kats favor. Will Heiman winner Johnny Football kick any extra points this time?? Money game for Sam and I think Flanders and Co. will be watching the end of this one sided game from the sidelines also.

Texas Southern = W - If they show up to play, I predict this one will be over in the first half once again but back in the Kats favor. Will Flanders play more then a half of football in this one? Unlikely.

Incarnte Word = W - Another future SLC foe. Another victory. Although another Heisman winner (Ricky Williams) will be on the field, he will be on the sideline this time. Will Flanders play enough to become the all time SLC rushing leader in this one? Unlikely.

Eastern Washington = W - Finally a quality FCS opponent that will be looking for revenge. Unfortunately for the Eagles, the Big Sky doesn't have a great record at Bowers and this is a 2 pm game in the Sept. heat. Flanders and Co. finally play the entire game and Flanders becomes the all time SLC rushing leader. Another shootout this year??? Maybe but revenge will have to wait for 2014. What a great game to play before the start of SLC play.

BYE

Lamar = W - Is this the year that Lamar returns to being competitive? Perhaps but not competitive enough for Bowers. Kats win by much more then the game before the bye.

@McNeese = W - Finally a road game. Always tough to win in Lake Charles but with our new DC coming from there, he may have a better idea of what the Cowboys may do. I'll be there in person. The last few road games I have been to have not been great results for the Kats, so the Cowboys do have that on their side.

Northwestern State = W - New coach same results for the Demons. The Bowers winning streak continues.

@ Reliant SFA (BOTPW) = W - The Kats have owned the Jacks recently. Always a close game and records usually don't matter in this rivalry. The Kats will be ready for the 75 pass attempts Attaway will unleash. Hopefully 3 or 4 will be completed to the guys in orange. Should be another high scoring shoot out but the Kats will have at least one more point on the scoreboard when its over.

Nicholls State = W - Will Nicholls end up at the bottom of the SLC again this year? At least they have HBU joining the SLC next year so maybe this will be the last year of being on the bottom. Game over by halftime.

@ Southeastern Louisiana = W - This one has me worried. This team will be much improved in 2013. A much closer game then the 70-0 beat down at Bowers in the last meeting but I think the Kats prevail.

@ Central Arkansas = L - HUGE game. Lots of people predict UCA to win the SLC. Sam won't be on cruise control this time around. The upset in 2012 is still fresh on their minds. I expect a fight in this one all the way until the final whistle. I give the advantage to the Bears because I'll be in attendance. Would not surprise me though if the Kats win this one.

Final = 10-2 SLC Co-Champs and bye in the first week of the playoffs before another run through the Big Sky.

dewey
July 31st, 2013, 10:27 AM
Kansas State - (L) I am not too sure what too think about this game. KSU is a very good program and have a LOT of talent on the O-line coming back but they have to bring in a new QB and replace most of their D. I am going to say it is a L but would not be surprised to see a W.

Ferris State (W)

Delaware State (W)

South Dakota State (Dakota Marker) (W) I just think NDSU has too much experience in big games and they beat the Jacks again.

Northern Iowa (W) UNI is a big game for NDSU and NDSU will not lose to them in the dome.

Missouri State (Homecoming) (W) Perhaps closer than should be expected because of the let down from SDSU and UNI.

Southern Illinois (W) This should be another good slobber knocker between two teams that have had somoe good matchups the last few years. I think NDSU gets it done because SIU is not very good on the O-line and their QB play is erractic at best. SIU's D is always good.

Indiana State (W) REVENGE! See YSU from 2011 to 2012.

Illinois State (Harvest Bowl) (W) ISU is a tough team to figure out because of their new QB from Iowa State. I say NDSU at home wins.

Youngstown State (W)

South Dakota (W) Bison win big as USD is young and not very good.

I see a 10-1 or a 9-2 campaign with a #1 or #2 seed for the playoffs and a third straight national championship.

GO BISON!!!

Dewey

LUHawker
July 31st, 2013, 10:33 AM

Fordham = L - The Rams show the rest of the League what it coulda/shoulda been like with scholarships.

@ Lehigh (149) =W - The Squawks' gaudy record is again assembled at the cupcake counter.

FINAL = 7-4, Patriot League championship and playoff appearance where the Pards get their clocks cleaned. Also, ignoring The Frankosaurus factor which is just a trip down the yellow brick road. He is lurking on every sideline every Saturday.

I thought you started this thread with the parenthetical (Please Park Your Rose Colored Glasses)....and the body of your post has the above! Laughable, silly, hysterical and more. PL Championship, are you kidding me?! The Pards haven't shown any improvement over the last 3 years and with all the team turmoil, dismissals and ups and downs (more downs than ups), you think the Pards are the pick of the PL litter? Carney - heretofore you always seemed reasoned, which makes me wonder if you are just seeing something others are not, but in this case I think you are in wishful thinking mode. Put down the Pard-colored glasses.

Pard4Life
July 31st, 2013, 10:36 AM
I don't know carney... depending upon what this team is made of, we can either do better than what you predicted, or much worse.

Bucknell is no cupcake (for us) and is a Frankosaurus benchmark game.

After our meltdown and embarrassment against Princeton and Harvard for two straight weeks (face it, it will happen), will we be focused and not choke vs Holy Cross?

darell1976
July 31st, 2013, 10:36 AM

Home games against Montana, South Dakota St, Montana St, and E Washington. With no kelly green glasses on, I say we go 1-3, in those games at home. Toss-ups against Sacramento St and N Arizona and should beat the rest or else we're in trouble. My best case scenario has us at 8-3, but if things fall apart we could be looking at 2-9 with wins over Valpo and Idaho St and the coach being fired after the Sac St game xbadx

I think this season defines Mussman's future. With 7 home games and his average to below average track record I don't think Faison will give him much slack unless he is waiting for that contract extension to expire before canning him.

bjtheflamesfan
July 31st, 2013, 10:38 AM
08/31 Kent State

Last year the Golden Flashes came within one game of the first ever BCS berth for the Mid American Conference, but a loss to Northern Illinois in the conference Championship game allowed the Huskies to gain that honor. Leading rusher Dri Archer will be back to lead the way on the offense. Liberty has stayed competitive in their FBS games the last few seasons and has been especially competitive against the MAC beating Ball State in 2010 and losing by one point to the Toledo Rockets).

The last time the Flames met the Golden Flashes was 2004 when Ken Karcher was the head coach, and Liberty left on the short end of a 38-10 score. This game will be much more competitive but the Flashes will win their second in a row

Kent State 37
Liberty 20

09/07 Monmouth

Liberty plays an NEC opponent for the third time in four years as the Hawks make their first ever trip to Lynchburg. The Hawks finished 4-7 last year including a loss to 2012 Flames opponent Lehigh and conference co-champion Albany (now a member of the CAA).

Liberty lost their first home opener since 2002 last year to Norfolk State, but beat the last NEC team to enter Williams Stadium, Robert Morris 38-7. The last time Liberty faced a team entering the Big South the following season was 2008 when Stony Brook made the trip and left 33-0 losers. Expect a similar result here.

Liberty 35
Monmouth 7

09/14 Morgan State

Liberty hasnt faced the Bears since 1996 and in Lynchburg in 1995. The Bears have not posted a winning season since 2009 (going 6-5). Liberty beat MSU in Lynchburg 48-17 in 95 and Im hoping for a repeat of that performance this year.

Liberty 48
Morgan State 17

09/21 @Richmond

This will be the first meeting between Liberty and the Spiders, coached by previous Flames head man Danny Rocco. DR showed his turnaround magic again last season leading the Spiders to an 8-3 record and just missing out on the FCS playoffs. I expect a real battle between these two with DR ekeing out the victory over his former squad this time around

Richmond 27
Liberty 24

09/28 Kentucky Wesleyan

The first of 2 Division II programs makes a visit to Williams Stadium when the Panthers make their second trip to Lynchburg in three seasons. Liberty routed KWC 57-0 last time and I see another easy win for Liberty (who has not lost to a Division II program since 1993)

Liberty 49
Kentucky Wesleyan 0

10/05 @Old Dominion

This matchup comes about 5 years late but Liberty and ODU finally meet on the gridiron after meeting in basketball, baseball and even club hockey. 2012 Payton Award winner Taylor Heinecke leads the Monarchs as they are in their final season as an FCS program and they begin the transition to FBS status, where ODU will join Conference USA in 2014. Its also Homecoming weekend for the Monarchs and they will no doubt want to send their alumni home happy. With both teams heading into a bye week next week, both teams will be looking to head into halftime with a victory, but ODU will come out on top in this in-state battle

ODU 41
Liberty 24

10/19 Coastal Carolina

The Chanticleers are the homecoming opponent for the third time in six seasons and will make their first visit under second year head coach Joe Moglia. Liberty has had CCU's number in Lynchburg, winning five of the 6 meetings at Williams Stadium, and all of those games have been double digit wins, including a 63-27 thrashing in 2011. CCU was passed over this time around by the SoCon, with soon to be former conference mate VMI going along with Mercer and East Tennessee State, but Liberty will likely be all that stands between them and a third straight playoff berth. Liberty does have one advantage, in that no Big South team has succeeded in leaving Lynchburg with a W since 2006 when Gardner-Webb did so. I think Liberty wins by double digits again but it wont be as one-sided a game as the last couple have been and the alumni will be heading home happy once again.

Liberty 35
Coastal 21

10/26 @Gardner-Webb

As mentioned before, Gardner-Webb was the last Big South team to beat Liberty seven years ago. Since that time, Liberty has won six in a row, including an epic comeback from down 28-10 last year, handing the Bulldogs a demoralizing 42-35 loss, after which they went 3-3, including lopsided losses to Stony Brook, Coastal Carolina and Charleston Southern. Ron Dickerson resigned and North Greenville head coach (and GWU alum) Carroll McCray takes over a program and has not won a Big South Championship since 2004. Liberty has not proven a welcome guest in Boiling Springs, winning the last three games at Spangler Stadium by a combined 107-31. Liberty continues the trend this season.

Liberty 45
Gardner-Webb 14

11/02 VMI

The Keydets come to town to open the final homestand for Liberty for 2013 and the Runnin Roos have proven to be quite the nemesis the last two seasons, taking Liberty to the last minute in 2011 before losing 37-31 and then remaining competitive into the fourth last season in Lexington before Liberty pulled away with a pair of TDs late to clinch a share of the Big South title 33-14. VMI has not won in this series since 2005 but do not be surprised if this is another offensive matchup between the two in Lynchburg as two of the last three matchups saw both teams score over 30 points.

Liberty 41
VMI 31

11/09 Presbyterian

The Blue Hose very nearly snuffed out the Flames and their Big South winning streak in 2011 before Liberty pulled out a double overtime win thanks to good defense and a leaping grab by wide receiver Chris Summers against current Arizona Cardinal Justin Bethel. Liberty left zero doubt of the outcome last year, racing out to a 21-0 first quarter lead on the way to a 56-7 rout in Clinton. PC spoiled Liberty's playoff aspirations in 2008 but once again the home field advantage will carry the day and Liberty wins

Liberty 28
PC 13

11/16 Brevard

Liberty faces two D2 squads for the first time since 2008 as the Brevard Tornados make their first trip to Lynchburg. I gave all my thoughts in the KWC section so I will just say Liberty wins...by a lot

Liberty 56
Brevard 3

11/23 @Charleston Southern

The Buccaneers get the chance to play conference spoiler once again this year as Liberty closes the season against CSU. This is the first time the Bucs have been the final opponent since 1994, but the first time ever that the Flames will close the Big South slate in Charleston. This could also be a coronation weekend for Liberty with a win clinching the first outright title since 2008 and the first ever appearance in the FCS playoffs, which increase to 24 teams this season. Liberty has come close to reaching the top of the mountain before and just come up short but with Stony Brook now battling for the CAA title, this is the best chance Liberty has to snag the automatic bid and they do just that

Liberty 31
Charleston Southern 14

Final Record 9-3, 7-0 at home, 5-0 Big South First playoff berth in school history, win first playoff game in Lynchburg and lose in the second round

CFBfan
July 31st, 2013, 10:39 AM
I don't know carney... depending upon what this team is made of, we can either do better than what you predicted, or much worse.

Bucknell is no cupcake (for us) and is a Frankosaurus benchmark game.

After our meltdown and embarrassment against Princeton and Harvard for two straight weeks (face it, it will happen), will we be focused and not choke vs Holy Cross?

You will be pleasantly surprised with a big W over Princeton this year.....

ASUMountaineer
July 31st, 2013, 10:40 AM
UT-Chattanooga 2013 Football Schedule

Thu, Aug 29 UT Martin 82 - 0
Sat, Sep 07 Georgia State 70 - 0
Sat, Sep 14 Austin Peay 75 - 0
Sat, Sep 28 Georgia Southern * 50 - 0
Sat, Oct 05 Western Carolina * 102 - 0
Sat, Oct 12 Furman * 48 - 0
Sat, Oct 19 Elon * 22 - 0
Sat, Oct 26 The Citadel * 48 - 0
Sat, Nov 02 Appalachian State * 496 - 0
Sat, Nov 09 Wofford * 12 - 0
Sat, Nov 16 Samford * 37 - 0
Sat, Nov 23 Alabama 42 - 6

Bold = Win

Bama gets two FG's and Nick Saban resigns to accept GA position on Heusman's staff.

Pard4Life
July 31st, 2013, 10:40 AM
I thought you started this thread with the parenthetical (Please Park Your Rose Colored Glasses)....and the body of your post has the above! Laughable, silly, hysterical and more. PL Championship, are you kidding me?! The Pards haven't shown any improvement over the last 3 years and with all the team turmoil, dismissals and ups and downs (more downs than ups), you think the Pards are the pick of the PL litter? Carney - heretofore you always seemed reasoned, which makes me wonder if you are just seeing something others are not, but in this case I think you are in wishful thinking mode. Put down the Pard-colored glasses.

Carney is usually spot on.

Say what you will but we watch and follow this team very closely. We are improving.

Colgate is not as good as everyone thinks and we have them in Easton. Fordham usually disappoints but I don't think we beat them. Toss-up really. And odds say we beat you this year.

We are probably even at this point, but Frankosaurus will run its course.

Pard4Life
July 31st, 2013, 10:42 AM
You will be pleasantly surprised with a big W over Princeton this year.....

You don't know the power of the dark si... Tigers.

Two of our four wins were very dramatic though.

melloware13
July 31st, 2013, 10:56 AM
Jacksonville - W - A step-up in quality of opener from West Chester, but similar number of scholarships allows the Hens to ease out of summer

Delaware State - W - Hens move to 5-0 v the Hornets

@ Navy - L - Hens keep it close, but the Mids use the talent gap to finish off this series with a win

Wagner - W - Will be the closest of the non-conference games, Hens use the crowd to carry them to the win

James Madison - W - Close game to open CAA play

@ Maine - W - Bears embarrassed the Hens last season, Hens seek and get revenge

Albany - W - Hens keep Homecoming streak moving to 4

@ Rhode Island - W - Has potential for trap game, but talent gap too big

@ Towson - W - Hens seek revenge for a slip up from last year in this even match-up

William & Mary - W - Probably closer than last year's 30 pt win, but easiest November game

Richmond - L - Spiders spoil run for perfect home run in a close one

@ Villanova - L - Hens keep it close, but too much Nova in Chester

Record: 9-3 (6-2 CAA)
Postseason: In, win a game or two

bostonspider
July 31st, 2013, 11:01 AM
Richmond:

VMI - (W) The Spiders win for the 21st time in the last 23 games with the Keydets (47-6 last season)

@ NC State - (L) The Spiders fall to the ACC's Wolfpack

@ Gardner-Webb - (W) Richmond continues its march through the Big South and handle the Bulldogs again (41-8 last season)

Liberty - (W) Coach Rocco leads the Spiders to victory over his former team. Richmond clinches the Big South title.

Maine - (W) The Black Bears collapse in the southern heat. UR starts off their CAA schedule with a win.

@ JMU - (L) After the raod team winning for 6 straight years from 04-09, the home team has returned to dominance in the last three years, and the Spiders lose in Harrisonburg to drop to 3-2 and 1-1 in conference

@ URI - (W) The Spiders continue their dominance over the Rams, winning for the 6th straight time in Kingston, and their 13th in the last 14 games with Rhode Island

Towson - (W) In what might be the game of the season in the CAA, the Spiders continue their winning ways at home and knock of the Tigers.

Albany - (W) The Spiders show the Great Danes that winning on the road in the CAA is a difficult thing.

@ Stony Brook - (W) Richmond uses their big OL and DL's to impose their will on the Seawolves

@ Delaware - (L) The Spiders fall in Newark, where they are only 3-11. Though they have won 2 of their last 3 there, so there is hope.

W&M - (W) With their playoff hopes on the line, Richmond stops the Tribe in the 123rd meeting between UR and W&M. UR has won 6 of the last 8 with Tribe and look to keep their winning ways going.

Richmond finishes 9-3 (6-2) and in the playoffs. I think 11-1 is the best case scenario and 7-5 or 6-6 might be the worst case.

Engineer86
July 31st, 2013, 11:08 AM
Hopefully returning to football from some of the silliness we're seeing on this site, please give us a rundown of your team's game by game hopes and fears for 2013.

Here's a start for Lafayette:

Sacred Heart = W - A cupcake - just like Robert Morris last year.

William & Mary = W - Not betting the ranch on this one, but W&M is not top tier CAA.

@ Penn = L - 120 years of futility suddenly have turned into a hex sign going the other way despite the talent gap. Betting on the talent this year.

Bucknell = W - Still waiting for Joe Susan to show that he is making a difference.

@ Princeton = L - The gods are laughing their a$$e$ off (again).

@ Harvard = L - See Princeton.

@ Holy Cross = W - Not seeing all that much improvement in Woo.

@ Georgetown = W - Like water, the Hoyas begin to settle in at their proper level.

@ Lehigh (149) = W - The Squawks' gaudy record is again assembled at the cupcake counter.

So much for "removing those rosé colored glasses" xtroublex

bozely
July 31st, 2013, 11:09 AM
Cal Poly

San Diego=W > Good start up.
@Fresno State=L > They'll put up a fight for the first half.
@Colorado State=W >This one could go either way, but based on their performance against Wyoming last year, and the fact that CSU is awful, I'm predicting Cal Poly handles them.
@Portland State=W > Going to be rough for PSU.
Yale=W > Interesting to see how well the Ivy Leagues do.
Weber State=W > Weber will be much improved this year, but not solid like CP.
@Montana=L > Kind of a toss up so I left the tie breaker to home field. WaGriz is a difficult place to play.
Northern Arizona=W > Good solid Win
@UC Davis=W > Rivalry game, anything can happen. But I don't think UC has what it needs quite yet.
Sac State=W > This one is going to be incredibly close. I really want to catch this game.
Eastern Washington=W > Revenge for last year.
@Northern Colorado=W > Could be closer than many might think.
Overall record 10-2 I believe CP fans have a lot to look forward to this year.

Eastern Washington

Western Oregon=W > Kaboom
@Toledo=L > It could happen, but that early in the season I'm not sure they'll have the tricks needed.
@Sam Houston State=W > From what I hear, SHSU won't be as good on defense this year. Definitely good news for EWU and their high caliber offense that nearly knocked SHSU on their collective asses last year. Though the WR corp won't be there.
Weber State=W > Though for some weird reason the Wildcats always seem to give EWU a run for their money.
@UND=W
Southern Utah=W > What happened last year was their lack of preparation. That won't happen this year.
@ Montana=L > The Griz won't lose to them again this year.
@Idaho State=W > Kaboom
Montana State=L > Had they played us earlier in the year they could have taken advantage of us getting used to the new offense. This isn't the time.
@Cal Poly=L > CP is going to be looking for revenge, and they're going to be rolling.
Portland State=W > No way PSU can hang around with EWU this time. Though of course again it is a rivalry.
Overall record 7-4, I could definitely see them doing better than this. But the loss of their WR's is a biggie.

Idaho State

Dixie State University=W > boop boop badoop...
Western State Colorado University=W > Gonna be a money maker for sure... But a good warm up for new young players.
@University of Washington=L > UW is going to open up a giant can.
@UC Davis=L > Even with a new HC coming in, the Aggies are way better equipped currently.
North Dakota=L > Lot to a lot less.
Northern Colorado=L > Predicting a big year for UNC. They have what it takes to make some noise this year.
@Northern Arizona=L > Kaboom
@Southern Utah=L > Ouch
Eastern Washington=L > Destruction
Portland State=L > Might be a good game, probably won't. Good night.
@BYU=L > It will give new meaning to the term "Body Bag Game"
@Weber State=L > Especially with the extra injuries that are bound to happen in the previous game... oh boy.
Overall Record 2-10, I have total faith that Kramer will really help them out. But developing a program that has fallen that far is NOT an easy task.

University of Montana

Appalachian State=L > Although they do have their old quarterback in control, he's been out of the game for a year. There are going to be mistakes made that the Mountaineers won't make.
@North Dakota=W > North Dakota has to play really well defensively this time for them to win. I just don't think UND has what it takes this year.
Oklahoma Panhandle State=W > Looked up the "highlight video" for their 2010 season. I really hope these guys bring the medical equipment they're going to need to Missoula.
@Northern Arizona=W > By now they should have gotten most of their problems figured.
Portland State=W > PSU is going to feel this one.
@UC Davis=W > Will be a tough game, looking forward to this one.
Cal Poly=W > Another tough game with an opponent that definitely possesses the tools to take them down. Home field is big on this one.
Eastern Washington=W > Again, home field advantage will be huge.
@Sacramento State=L > Sac State fans must be really excited for this one. Their team is poised to take a lot of people down this year.
@South Dakota=W > Offense was a huge issue last year and they still won even with being behind. Griz win bigger in this game.
Weber State=W > Weber NEVER does well in Wagriz.
Montana State=L > I really don't see the 2011 score coming back this time. should be a pretty high scoring game.
Overall Record 9-3, It's back to the playoffs for the Grizzlies.

Montana State

Monmouth Win! I'm glad to have actual FCS credit for this one. Should be slow starting like any first game and Monmouth could definitely pull some tricks on us, but I think we handle this one pretty well.

@SMU Loss... Although I believe we will be improved and SMU isn't by any stretch of the imagination what it was way back when, I don't believe we will
quite have all the tricks we'd need that early in the season to pull one off at their place. Maybe if they were up here in the cold, noise, and elevation.

Colorado Mesa Win! By this time we'll be doing alright with the new offense and Colorado Mesa knows what they're coming here for, Kaboom.

@Stephen F. Austin Win! But judging by how they did last year they're going to give us a good game no matter the circumstances. Especially with it being at their place this time. I really hope I can find this game to watch somewhere.

@North Dakota Win! We lost a bit on defense, but they weren't able to stop us on offense last year. They'll give us a better fight at home but we'll still come out on top in this one.

Northern Arizona Toss up-- They return a veteran team with a star running back. If our D-line can contain well then we win, if not... uh oh. The home field is going to be huge in this game in my opinion. But the Griz found out last year that NAU isn't at all worried about that.

@Weber State Win! Weber always has at least a decent game at home, and they are going to be a lot better on offense this year with Pflugrad leading their program. But I don't see them getting it all together in just one year.

UC Davis Win! We have them at home this time. It's not going to be like last year on the road. I still believe they're FAR better than they showed last year though.

@Northern Colorado Win! It will be a frustrating game to watch only because NC will be at home, and on the rise. But they aren't quite as talented across the board as we are.

@Eastern Washington Toss Up-- Speed versus power, and Eastern being at home this will be the absolute toughest on our conference schedule. I'm not sure how many time we pegged that little QB of theirs in the backfield and he still managed to pull it off just enough to beat us at home. I do believe however that they were taking full advantage of our young O-line last year. I certainly think we'll be better prepared.

Southern Utah Win! Would have been far more difficult, but Brad Sorenson is off to the Chargers. They could of course settle in over the course of the year but Brad definitely carried them last year.

Montana Win! No more Moore, and Johnson will be under a lot more pressure this year. Top that with a much more varied game plan and I see us pulling out a last game home win for the Cats.

University of North Dakota

Valparaiso=W > Good warm up Game
South Dakota State=L > I don't see the SDSU defense giving up enough plays for UND to make a run for it.
Montana=L > Montana won't let last year happen again.
Montana State=L > Really rough first home games for UND. Montana State won't be any easier on them than Montana.
@Idaho State=W > UND will roll, nuff said.
Eastern Washington=L > I'm guessing at a very high scoring game here.
Sacramento State=L > Sac State will be very good on the road as well.
@Portland State=W > It will be a welcome relief from the schedule before.
@Northern Arizona=W >Upset that starts Norther Arizona's slide off the playoff list.
Northern Colorado=L > Northern Colorado is tough, and their defense will ensure a loss for UND.
UC Davis=W > A solid win to close out the season in Cali.
Overall Record 5-6, This could go up since they have 2 game weeks open still. If I were then I'd schedule someone they can handle.

Northern Arizona University

@Arizona=L > The Lumberjacks finally got their win against Bobby Hauck last year. But Arizona is an entirely different beast. It'll be a good game for the 1st quarter.
@UC Davis=W > This early after getting a new HC, it's gonna take a while for UCD to get rolling.
South Dakota=W > South Dakota's solid, but NAU's at home. Should be a good show.
Montana=L > Montana should be doing just well enough to pull things out, even away from WaGriz.
@Montana State=L > It's going to be a really tough couple of weeks. The Montana's on consecutive games? That sucks, should be a good judge of where each program is at though.
Sacramento State=W > Having Sac at home is the main reason here. Still a super rough few weeks, with undoubtedly a few injuries stacking up.
Idaho State=W > No real explanation needed, Definitely a welcome escape from the previous games.
@Cal Poly=L > They'll play tough, but Cal will be pumping on all cylinders. The injuries will also play a big role.
North Dakota=L > You would think this would be a good game to recover. But with UND's high caliber passing game and the injuries on NAU's side, things unravel in the second half.
Northern Colorado=W > Finally things start coming back together, just in time for NAU to miss the playoffs again..
@Southern Utah=W > Better luck next year NAU.
Overall Record 6-5, Probably the best team ever to have this record.

University of Northern Colorado

Langston=W > Not any better than Panhandle State, good idea to get things movin.
Colorado-State Pueblo=W > Doesn't count for FCS credit and that's a shame, should have scheduled an FCS OOC game.
@Wyoming=L > I really think UNC will put up a fight, but I just don't think they're quite there yet.
Northern Iowa=L > Still not quite up to MVFC par yet. Plus UNI starts out real well.
Southern Utah=W > First solid win of the season! UNC offense is able to make some headway here.
@Sac State=L > UNC defense remains strong, but not strong enough. Too much talent at Sac this year.
@Idaho State=W > Good D leads the way.
UC Davis=W > Second solid win of the season, at home in front of a big crowd (for Greeley).
Montana State=L > Montana State Offense>UNC Defense.
@North Dakota=W > It'll be a fun game, but I think UNC effectively slows down UND on offense and controls the clock well enough to come back a winner.
@Northern Arizona=L > NAU brings things back together in time to screw up UNC's party.
Cal Poly=L > I'd like to think this would go the other way due to myriad different circumstances, but Cal is just too good this year.
Overall Record 6-6, this is HUGE for UNC, and I'll be happy to see it finally happen.

Portland State

Eastern Oregon=W > For obvious reasons, though judging by PSU's performance vs. Carrol, Eastern might have a lot more confidence.
@Cal=L > Rough game, unless PSU pulls off a miracle they lose this one by quite a bit.
Humboldt State=W > Meaningless game, confidence builder though.
@UC Davis=L > Slug fest, but with UC at home they'll take it in the end.
Cal Poly=L > Being at home will make it MUCH closer than if they were at Poly, but they still can't pull it off.
@Montana=L > First half will have Montana scratching their heads, second half not so much.
@Southern Utah=L > Had it been at home... might be different.
North Dakota=L > UND makes life on their defense pretty miserable. I believe PSU will score quite a bit in this one, just not enough.
Weber State=W > Finally a good chance for a good win. They take this one due to home field advantage.
@Idaho State=W > Longest win streak of the year!
Sacrament State=L > I can't see Sac State blowing it even away from home.
@Eastern Washington=L > Finally the end of another disappointing season.
Overall Record 4-8, I can see PSU getting better. Just not this year.

Sacramento State

@San Jose State=L > Sac is good, but not that good.
@Arizona State=L > Same deal as the week before, damn shame they couldn't schedule a home OOC FCS game.
Southern Oregon=W > Terrible OOC schedule, this will cost them.
Southern Utah=W > Will be a good game, but Sac comes out on top.
@Weber State=W > Weber will try, but there's no way they're that cohesive yet.
Northern Colorado=W > Sac is rolling, and having UNC at home is a great way to keep that going.
Northern Arizona=W > It will be close game, but Sac will come out on top due to home field advantage.
@North Dakota=W > UND having home field will help, but Sac is a much better all-around team.
Montana=W > This is the perfect storm for beating the Griz. With so much momentum heading into this game it will prove the difference. I really hope I can catch this one.
@Cal Poly=L > Had this been in Sac it would have been different. But Cal will have just as much going for them. And home field advantage.
@Portland State=W > Sac will get right back in the game. No worries here.
UC Davis=W > Sac makes it all the way through to the end, for once.
Overall Record 9-3 Jubilant Sac State fans crowd the streets, flip cars, and play bongos in a drum ring. Whatever they do there. 8)

Southern Utah

@South Alabama=W > For reasons unbeknownst to me, I think Southern Utah can pull this one off.
Fort Lewis=W > Nice warm-back-up game after travelling quite a ways from home.
@Washington State=L > I can see them putting up a good fight. But not long enough to grind it out. So begins a long year.
@Sac State=L > Sac is just too good to pull off a miracle in their place.
@Northern Colorado=L > SUU will be UNC's first real victim.
UC Davis=W > I can see UC sending this the other way. But I'll give advantage to SUU because they're at home.
Portland State=W > SUU will be able to pull one out against the Vikings, again due to home field advantage.
@Eastern Washington=L > No way Eastern lets that happen a second year in a row.
Idaho State=W > By now no reason is really necessary.
@Weber State=L > I think by this time Weber should finally be getting the new offense down. Just enough to take it to SUU.
@Montana State=L > Last year was close, this year no such luck.
Northern Arizona=L > Trying to wrap things up against a good team. By this time both teams are tired. NAU comes out on top.
Overall Record 5-7, This just won't be their year. But it could go better than this if their QB REALLY lines up well with the team.

UC Davis

@South Dakota=W > USD is solid, but UCD is just a little bit better.
@Nevada=L > Bodybag game, just survive with few injuries.
Northern Arizona=L > UCD has a pretty tough game, but NAU is still healthy at this time.
Portland State=W > This game will be a total grind it out type. UCD can last longer though.
Idaho State=W > Boop boop badoop
@Southern Utah=L > As stated in the prediction earlier, UC can send it the other way. Just takes the right circumstances.
Montana=L > Being at home will help, but not enough.
@Northern Colorado=L > Another victim of UNC doing better than they have in years.
@Montana State=L > Going to be a fun game to watch, but MSU's offense will roll at home this time.
Cal Poly=L > Rivalry game. I would not be overly surprised if this goes the other way.
North Dakota=L > UND's offense is difficult to contain, UCD will find that out.
@Sac State=L > Bad place to try to get a win this year.
Overall Record 4-8 Next year might be kinder to the Aggies.

Weber State University

SFA=L > This will give a good picture of the rest of the year. IF they do well, they could change their fortunes significantly.
@Utah=L > Lots of pain.
@Utah State=L > Just try not to get injured here.
@Mcneese State=W > From what I hear, McNeese might need to find some extra help this year.
Sac State=L > Might be able to make it interesting.
@Eastern Washington=L > Eastern takes this one at home handily.
@Cal Poly=L > Same story, different team.
Montana State=L > Weber is going to put a scare into MSU at first. But they just don't have the horses to pull it through.
@Portland State=L > Had it been in Ogden, Weber takes it. But alas that's not the case.
Southern Utah=W > A nice bright spot on a disappointing season thus far.
@Montana=L > I imagine Pflu will get his standing ovation. But until he has more than a year in the system, he's not goign to lead Weber to victory at WaGriz.
@Idaho State=W > Nice way to end the season, by throttling the Bengals.

PaladinFan
July 31st, 2013, 11:41 AM
Furman. 8-3. Completely homerized picks. Still, Furman could surprise some folks this year. Lot of buzz around the program, already locked up five signees this summer, new facilities, and will start the season with all roles defined. Game I am circling is the Coastal game. Furman, before they can be "back," will need to run Coastal out of Conway. If they do that, you'll know the corner has been turned. The conference slate is more or less a tossup.

@Gardner Webb: (W) Should be a nice tune up game.
@ Coastal Carolina: (W) I'll be darned if Furman loses to Coastal again. This time we'll have the right guy at quarterback the entire game.
Presbyterian: (W) Throttled them last season, no reason to think that won't happen again at home.
@ the Citadel: (L) Struggled in Charleston even when Furman was a top five team.
Elon: (W) Beat them soundly on the road last year and the've since lost their best player.
@ UTC: (L) potentially the first loss in 20 years in Chattanooga.
App State: (W) Darn near beat them last year in Boone, and they are much less tough in Greenville.
@LSU: (L) Just hoping it's respectable.
@Georgia Southern: (L) Only conference foe against whom Furman has a losing record.
Samford: (W) Played them tough in Birmingham last year with a guy who lost his quarterback job soon after. Like with Coastal, give us a crack with the right personnel.
@Western Carolina: (W) It's been years since WCU even remotely came close to beating Furman.
Wofford: (W) Lost by three on the road last year, should be a close one this year.

Sader87
July 31st, 2013, 12:35 PM
Quite possibly the worst schedule in the long history of Holy Cross football....with that off my chest, on to the games/predictions:

@Bryant W But it probably won't be "pretty"...1st game hiccups etc.

Towson L Our toughest foe this campaign (who would have thought that 5 years ago?) A good game but in the end not enough.

@CCSU W The game against Towson helps here...Saders pull away in the 2nd H on the road.

Monmouth W Our first night game victory...third time's a charm. (did we just win the NEC btw??? And yes, I know Monmouth isn't in the NEC any longer)

@Dartmouth W Our third night game in row...very close game but the Purples avenge last year's game with the Indians.

Harvard L I want to say "W" before a Homecoming crowd here but something tells me we don't quite pull this one out.

@Bucknell W Probably won't be pretty but unlike last year, Saders win a close tilt.

Colgate W In what probably should be our "rival/last game" game...the men of Woo pull out a close game against the Red Raiders.

Lafayette W Before a fairly large "Parent's Weekend" crowd of 12, 473, the Crusaders get retribution from another 2012 loss.

@Fordham L NYC proves lethal for the Royal Purple&White....

@Lehigh L In what could prove to be the de facto PL Championship Game, the Engineers get payback for their 1991 brothers, winning 43-42.

Georgetown W Sleepy Floyd, Patrick Ewing and Horace Broadnax aren't walking through the door into Fitton's terrible visiting locker-room.

8-4; 4-1 Home for the Holidays.

813Jag
July 31st, 2013, 12:50 PM
Southern:
@Houston - L
@Northwestern St - L (I don't think our run game and defense will have gelled yet. Don't know much about the Demons yet)
Prairie View - W
@MVSU - W (Last year's debacle won't happen again)
Jackson St - W
AAMU - W (should have won last year)
UAPB - L (Lions are better at this point)
Alcorn St - W
Texas Southern - W
Alabama St - L (tough road game)
Clark Atlanta - W
Grambling - W (I'll never pick against the Jags here xlolx )
Record: 8-4 SWAC: 7-2

Apphole
July 31st, 2013, 01:10 PM
A lot of confidence from a couple of SoCon fans against the Apps this year. I hope you guys are expecting to score 40+ points against Woody's defense. Otherwise a W is VERY wishfull thinking.

citdog
July 31st, 2013, 01:13 PM
A lot of confidence from a couple of SoCon fans against the Apps this year. I hope you guys are expecting to score 40+ points against Woody's defense. Otherwise a W is VERY wishfull thinking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4YLUVDPFbQ

bjtheflamesfan
July 31st, 2013, 01:26 PM
Bear in mind that The Citadel put up 52 and Wofford 38 against the black and gold last year Apphole

Apphole
July 31st, 2013, 01:33 PM
Bear in mind that The Citadel put up 52 and Wofford 38 against the black and gold last year Apphole

Oh yes. I respect the Bell Boy's attack. I just don't see us losing to them two years in a row. If we lose to any FCS team this coming season it will be a high scoring affair. But of course El Cid is capable of doing it.

Fordham
July 31st, 2013, 01:35 PM
FORDHAM

08/29/13 vs. Rhode Island Bronx, N.Y. 7:00 p.m. ET W
09/07/13 vs. Villanova Bronx, N.Y. 6:00 p.m. ET L
09/14/13 at Temple TV Philadelphia, Pa. 1:00 p.m. ET L
09/21/13 vs. Columbia Bronx, N.Y. 1:00 p.m. ET W
09/28/13 at Saint Francis (PA) Loretto, Pa. 12:00 p.m. ET W
10/05/13 vs. Lehigh * TV Bronx, N.Y. 12:00 p.m. ET L
10/12/13 at Georgetown * Washington, D.C. 1:00 p.m. ET W
10/19/13 at Yale New Haven, Conn. 12:00 p.m. ET W
11/02/13 vs. Holy Cross * Bronx, N.Y. 1:00 p.m. ET W
11/09/13 vs. Bucknell Bronx, N.Y. 1:00 p.m. ET W
11/16/13 at Lafayette Easton, Pa. 3:30 p.m. ET W
11/23/13 at Colgate * Hamilton, N.Y. 1:00 p.m. ET W

9-3 but we could drop any of the last 4. So much of it will depend on momentum for us. If we play 'Nova and Temple well we will be 1 - 2 but ok with that and can really take off imo. If we get slaughtered it may crush our confidence and who knows how the rest of it will play out?

PaladinFan
July 31st, 2013, 01:37 PM

Interesting. App State scored 40 points or more just once last year. So, I have a hard time believing it will take more than 40 to beat them this year. Their last visit to Greenville, they managed 10, and were probably lucky to have those 10.

Woody is a good defensive coordinator, but its not like he's Nick Saban. Furman has played against his teams for years, and beaten his defense more often than not.

PaladinFan
July 31st, 2013, 01:38 PM
Oh yes. I respect the Bell Boy's attack. I just don't see us losing to them two years in a row. If we lose to any FCS team this coming season it will be a high scoring affair. But of course El Cid is capable of doing it.

Any reason other than, "I just don't see it?"

Point totals are one thing. I'd be more concerned about the 1000 yards on the ground surrendered to those two teams at home.

Apphole
July 31st, 2013, 01:45 PM
The App passing attack is going to be a point machine. Unbridled Satterfield (he wasn't the boss last season and frequently has), returning O line, best receivers in the conference, a solid running threat and the best arm in the conference at QB. Defense is the question mark, but this year's offense will be on par with 2007. It's going to take a lot of scoring to beat us because this offense WILL score and it will score a lot. I'm not saying we're unbeatable, just noting the circumstances on which we could possible lose.

bjtheflamesfan
July 31st, 2013, 01:52 PM

Anything can happen my friend. Liberty has pounded Coastal their last three trips to Lynchburg. Do I see them winning this year? No...does that mean it won't happen...no. The bolded statement falls under (as I noted in picking apart chattown's logic), argument from (personal) incredulity, also known as divine fallacy or fallacy of appeal to common sense. Just because you may not see it happening, does not mean it cannot or will not happen.

CID1990
July 31st, 2013, 02:31 PM

Bold = Win

Bama gets two FG's and Nick Saban resigns to accept GA position on Heusman's staff.

Sandbagging a little on those scores.

CID1990
July 31st, 2013, 02:36 PM
The App passing attack is going to be a point machine. Unbridled Satterfield (he wasn't the boss last season and frequently has), returning O line, best receivers in the conference, a solid running threat and the best arm in the conference at QB. Defense is the question mark, but this year's offense will be on par with 2007. It's going to take a lot of scoring to beat us because this offense WILL score and it will score a lot. I'm not saying we're unbeatable, just noting the circumstances on which we could possible lose.

That vaunted offense is going to have to be on the field in order to score "a lot".

GSU, Wofford, and El Cid are all going to give ASU trouble for that reason alone.

ASUMountaineer
July 31st, 2013, 02:40 PM
Sandbagging a little on those scores.

True, but I didn't want all of you haters to call me "delusional."

Go Lehigh TU Owl
July 31st, 2013, 02:41 PM
9/7 Central Conn St. W 27-13, good first opponent to work out some of the kinks...
9/16 @ Monmouth W 30-10, Monmouth suffered heavy grad losses from a team the ultimately disappointed last year
9/23 @ Princeton L 24-28, The Tigers always play Lehigh tough, perhaps a little looking ahead costs the Hawks
9/30 UNH W 38-28 Revenge from 2011, the players know just how big of a game this year, truth is, UNH isn't that great
10/5 @ Fordham L 24-30 Very tough game after UNH, coin-flip
10/12 @ Columbia W 42-17, Lehigh beats down the Lions to get the ball rolling
10/19 Georgetown W 34-7, Lehigh easily dispatches of a feisty but undermanned Hoya team
10/26 @ Bucknell W 34-16 , Death, Taxes and win over the Bison, make it 16 years in a row
BYE
11/9 Holy Cross W 21-17, HC plays Lehigh tough but as usual, the Hawks find a way against the purple for the 4th straight year
11/16 @ Colgate W 45-34, Revenge from last year, McCarney gets beat up
11/26 Lafayette W 38-24, Make it 6 in a row, the 'Pards cap another sub-par year,

The bye comes at a great time and the three game stretch against Princeton, UNH and Fordham is big imo.

Lehigh'98
July 31st, 2013, 03:00 PM
9/7 Central Conn St. W 27-13, good first opponent to work out some of the kinks...
9/16 @ Monmouth W 30-10, Monmouth suffered heavy grad losses from a team the ultimately disappointed last year
9/23 @ Princeton L 24-28, The Tigers always play Lehigh tough, perhaps a little looking ahead costs the Hawks
9/30 UNH W 38-28 Revenge from 2011, the players know just how big of a game this year, truth is, UNH isn't that great
10/19 Georgetown W 34-7, Lehigh easily dispatches of a feisty but undermanned Hoya team
10/26 @ Bucknell W 34-16 , Death, Taxes and win over the Bison, make it 16 years in a row
BYE
11/9 Holy Cross W 21-17, HC plays Lehigh tough but as usual, the Hawks find a way against the purple for the 4th straight year
11/26 Lafayette W 38-24, Make it 6 in a row, the 'Pards cap another sub-par year,

The bye comes at a great time and the three game stretch against Princeton, UNH and Fordham is big imo.

Lehigh will find a way to beat Princeton and Fordham. Cecchini & Coen know how to get the job done against them. They don't have a great track record against UNH though. Monmouth game will be tougher than most think & the Colgate game will once again be for the league title. Hopefully Lafayette will be improved this year, but I need to see it first to believe it. This is all assuming we have at least an average QB, which from what I'm hearing we will.

PaladinFan
July 31st, 2013, 03:11 PM

I might be mistaken, but App State had some hotshot receiver last time they came to Furman too. He was pretty much a non-factor in the outcome. Most of his yards came after the result was decided.

I will just have to wait and see. Furman's special teams and defense managed as many touchdowns last year in Boone as App's offense did. This year, they don't have the kicker that won the game for them.

carney2
July 31st, 2013, 03:13 PM

1. No, I am not kidding you.

2. Apparently I am seeing things that others are not. Namely (A) the single biggest problem of the past 3 years, the OL, will finally be corrected, and (B) with Zweizig ultimately followed by Reed, Lafayette quarterbacking may be entering its golden age. Tell me what is more important in the Patriot League - or in all of college football - than a quality quarterback.

Pard4Life
July 31st, 2013, 03:14 PM
Lehigh plays such a soft schedule that 9-2 seems plausible despite the many holes you have.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
July 31st, 2013, 03:19 PM
Lehigh plays such a soft schedule that 9-2 seems plausible despite the many holes you have.

The holes aren't much different than last year. QB and OL were the biggest questions in '12, this year it's DL/QB.

Pard4Life
July 31st, 2013, 03:21 PM
Secondary?

SpiritCymbal
July 31st, 2013, 03:23 PM
I expect Ga. Southern to go 9-2 this year. Loss @ Florida is a given and I think we'll lose to App. St. in Boone this year. If we can beat App on the road, then 10-1 is likely but we could still trip up against UTC.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
July 31st, 2013, 03:24 PM
Secondary?

They rotate so many players it shouldn't matter. They transitioned fine from the Cribbs/Kennedy crew to the last batch. Similar to LB's. Life went on without Cohen, they survived without Pierce, w/out Groome etc.

citdog
July 31st, 2013, 03:24 PM
I expect Ga. Southern to go 9-2 this year. Loss @ Florida is a given and I think we'll lose to App. St. in Boone this year. If we can beat App on the road, then 10-1 is likely but we could still trip up against UTC.

* exhibition games

813Jag
July 31st, 2013, 03:36 PM

Bold = Win

and those two Bama FG's were from 50+, the only two times they cross the 50

Eaglesrus
July 31st, 2013, 03:36 PM

(Take your pick who we beat, but I like us over you guys at home vs the Stink in Stinksboro)

FYI, CID1990, pike is an Eagles fan who, like me, is predicting that we and App State will have our revenge against the bellhops this year.

FCS_pwns_FBS
July 31st, 2013, 03:37 PM
GSU tops 80 on a Savannah State team that should be especially bad this year considering all the chaos in that program.
We get the win over St. Francis.
We lose to Florida

We beat Western, Elon, and Furman.

We lose to two of App., Wofford, El Cid, Samford, and UTC. If I had to guess it would be App, and Chatty (Huesman really seems to have our number in the second half and he is due to get us). I think we will pulverize App's defense (forget Nate Woody, our OL is going to dominate every defensive front in the conference) but we won't be able to stop Price, Washington, et. al.

ASUMountaineer
July 31st, 2013, 03:38 PM
* exhibition games

Point?

ASUMountaineer
July 31st, 2013, 03:38 PM
and those two Bama FG's were from 50+, the only two times they cross the 50

True statement.

blackbeard
July 31st, 2013, 03:58 PM
Dartmouth thought the same thing the past two years, and lost both of them.

xbangx

xshhhx Let him keep thinking that

dunbar
July 31st, 2013, 03:58 PM
MAINE:

Aug. 31 at Norfolk St. W
Sep. 7 at Massachusetts W
Sep. 14 Bryant W
Sep. 21 at Northwestern L
Sep. 28 at Richmond * L
Oct. 5 Delaware * W
BYE
Oct. 19 William & Mary * W
Oct. 26 at Villanova * L
Nov. 2 Stony Brook * W
Nov. 9 at Albany (N.Y.) * W
Nov. 16 Rhode Island * W
Nov. 23 at New Hampshire * L

The Bears have a good chance to go a very quiet 8-4 and sneak into the playoffs. A favorable schedule that avoids JMU and Towson helps. Maine brings back mostly everyone, the notable holes being in the offensive line, but Marcus Wasilewski has shown he doesn't have to be in the pocket to be successful. The Black Hole defense is coming back strong. OLB Michael Cole is hungry to come back. Only played five games last year, but lead the CAA in sacks last year with 7, including 5 at Delaware, despite tearing his quad later in that game. The UMass game is Maine's best opportunity to beat an FBS opponent since the 9-7 Mississippi State win in 2004. There are a lot of parallels between this Black Bear team and the 2011 top ten team... don't overlook UMaine this fall.

EKU-n-GSU
July 31st, 2013, 04:05 PM
* exhibition games

Point?

I won't speak for the highly-regarded mr. citdog, but I think his point is that as outcasts, Appy and Stink should just cancel the eight scrimmages on our schedules and let the real SoCon play for the real title. Come to think of it - it's not such a bad idea. The money we'll save by not practicing, running the gates/concessions, traveling, etc., will be a nice little down-payment on all the money we're going to lose moving up to FBS. I think he's on to something there...xcoffeex

SpeedkingATL
July 31st, 2013, 05:26 PM
I predict 10-2 or 9-3 for the Apps.

They will lose at Georgia and will lose one (possibly two) SoCon games against some combination of GaSo, Citdogs, Sammy, UTC, Furman and Wofford. Citdog game on the road will be a tough one but hopefully they will be overconfident after last year and the close comeback loss in 2011. Hopefully the Apps can handle Sammy and GaSo at The Rock. Furman will be improved and always plays tough at their place. Wofford has Ayers and is always tough.

I think they win a close opener at Montana and continue domination of WCU, Elon and NC A&T. I also don't expect a tight game against Chuck South.

Go...gate
July 31st, 2013, 05:47 PM
xshhhx Let him keep thinking that

Saw SHU live at Andy Kerr last year. They definitely had some nice talent and were well-coached.

citdog
July 31st, 2013, 06:15 PM
I won't speak for the highly-regarded mr. citdog, but I think his point is that as outcasts, Appy and Stink should just cancel the eight scrimmages on our schedules and let the real SoCon play for the real title. Come to think of it - it's not such a bad idea. The money we'll save by not practicing, running the gates/concessions, traveling, etc., will be a nice little down-payment on all the money we're going to lose moving up to FBS. I think he's on to something there...xcoffeex

sounds about right.

frozennorth
July 31st, 2013, 06:17 PM
ndsu: 15-0 worst case 10-4

und 6-5 (L to SDSU, EWU, UM, NAU, and NOCO) best case 9-4 worst case 4-7 worst case.

BEAR
July 31st, 2013, 06:28 PM
UCA

10-2 is my prediction with three toss-up games which could change that record so many different ways! xlolx

Incarnate Word- W (Easily)
@ Colorado- Very close game. a toss-up with scholly levels.
@ UTM- W (trap game?)
@ Missouri State- W (should be a good game, but hopefully it won't be close)
McNeese State-Toss up (On the stripes! Good game!)
Nebraska Kearney- W (No contest)
@ Lamar- W
SFA- W (Hopefully no downpour this year!)
@ NWST- W
SELA- W (They are getting better, but I think we have improved also)
@ NSU- W
SHSU- tossup (Depends on how both teams have played up until this game! May mean nothing, may mean everything! )

9-3 likely, 10-2 possible, 11-1 optimistically....playoff bound any way.

Seeing the talent on that field and looking at the new guys who will come in and make an impact right away, its hard not to be optimistic.....but as a fan who's watched this game for YEARS, all it takes is ONE key injury or bad team chemistry to really mess things up. So yes, I'm predicting a 10-2 season BUT a 9-3 or an 8-4 season could very well happen and it wouldn't shock most UCA fans.

I'm most excited about the OU Sooner four star RB transfer and Memphis RB and the two FBS WR transfers who have shown extremely fast speed in practices. QB is no problem with Wynrick Smothers. Lines are solid and made even more solid with some transfers and talented high school kids. Might be the best team we've fielded in a while. SLC is always tough though. So if Sam or McNeese win it, I won't be too upset. xlolx

HailSzczur
July 31st, 2013, 06:49 PM
L @Boston College
W @Fordham
BYE
W Stony Brook
W Penn
W William & Mary
L @Towson
W @New Hampshire
W Maine
W @James Madison
W @Rhode Island
Bye Week
W Delaware

Optimistically I think the Cats go 9-2 this season, with loses to @BC and @Towson. We stack up well against BC actually, and I think we can be competitive. I think @UNH could be a toss up game (we never seem to play well in Durham for some reason), and Stony Brook (their line just destroyed us last year). Worst case scenario I think we go 7-4. I expect the Cats to be in the playoffs, and my hope is we aren't playing Thanksgiving weekend.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
July 31st, 2013, 07:01 PM
L @Boston College
W @Fordham
BYE
W Stony Brook
W Penn
W William & Mary
L @Towson
W @New Hampshire
W Maine
W @James Madison
W @Rhode Island
Bye Week
W Delaware

Optimistically I think the Cats go 9-2 this season, with loses to @BC and @Towson. We stack up well against BC actually, and I think we can be competitive. I think @UNH could be a toss up game (we never seem to play well in Durham for some reason), and Stony Brook (their line just destroyed us last year). Worst case scenario I think we go 7-4. I expect the Cats to be in the playoffs, and my hope is we aren't playing Thanksgiving weekend.

The Villanova vs Fordham game in the Bronx is going to be a good one. Talley's record against the PL is excellent but the Rams are no longer your typical PL squad.

WestCoastAggie
July 31st, 2013, 07:40 PM
Honest Prediction for A&T:

@ App. State - L (Hopefully it will be close.)
Elon - W
Howard - W
SC State* - L
@Hampton - W
Delaware State - W
@FAMU - L
VUL - W
@Morgan State - W
Savannah State - W
NC Central - W

* - In Atlanta (Atlanta Football Classic)
8-3 (5-2 Conf.) If this happens, I'll be happy!

heath
July 31st, 2013, 07:49 PM
1. No, I am not kidding you.

2. Apparently I am seeing things that others are not. Namely (A) the single biggest problem of the past 3 years, the OL, will finally be corrected, and (B) with Zweizig ultimately followed by Reed, Lafayette quarterbacking may be entering its golden age. Tell me what is more important in the Patriot League - or in all of college football - than a quality quarterback.

Over the last 4 years, what have you learned?xlolxxlolxStay OFF the board with Lafayette predictions. You guys have jinxed yourselves. It will be another season of excuses and shame. Lafayette may never see the playoffs with the PL going scholly, Fordham,Colgate,Lehigh and Holy Cross will leave you in the dustxthumbsupx

Pard4Life
July 31st, 2013, 07:55 PM
Over the last 4 years, what have you learned?xlolxxlolxStay OFF the board with Lafayette predictions. You guys have jinxed yourselves. It will be another season of excuses and shame. Lafayette may never see the playoffs with the PL going scholly, Fordham,Colgate,Lehigh and Holy Cross will leave you in the dustxthumbsupx

Looks like the asylum permitted 15 minutes of Internet use this evening.

Seawolf97
July 31st, 2013, 08:02 PM
So far every CAA poster sees us losing every game. Maine , Villanova and Richmond are quite confident in July-LOL

MSUBobcat
July 31st, 2013, 08:38 PM
North Dakota

vs Valparaiso = W- Should be a blowout as Valpo is picked last in their conference

vs South Dakota State= W- UND in front of a huge crowd as it is the Potato Bowl will have home field advantage.

vs Montana=W- UND beat Montana with a horrible defense last season and racked up 660 yards passing on their defense. UND has a new DC and the same WR's facing the Griz.

vs Montana St= W- I am going with UND in this one because UND will be coming off of a bye week so all the players will be well rested, plus dome field advantage

@ Idaho St= W- UND beat ISU in our first year of DI in 2008 they should be able to get it done again.

vs EWU= L- If UND has to lose a home game it will be this one. if our QB's are top notch form UND wins or else the Eagles take it.

@ PSU=W- UND passed all over the place on PSU last season with our backup QB, I think UND takes this in a close one.

vs Sac St=W- UND's D actually played well at Sac St last season and beat them, no problem beating them in the dome.

@ NAU=L- Last time UND played at NAU they got thumped in the 1980's, this time closer game but NAU takes it.

vs UNC=W- UND struggles historically in Greeley but should find a way to win at home.

@ UC Davis=W- UND beat UC Davis its last time out there and should do it again, as UC Davis seems to have problems as of late.

9-2 thanks to 7 home games and a weak road schedule (except NAU). It all depends on two things....Defense, and our RFr QB's.

Playoff bound!!!!!!!

See thread title and take it's advice, supplanting rose with kelly green. Yes, UND beat the Griz with a late game long TD, but UM should be improved on offense, and you seem to be expecting 660 yards passing out of FR QB's. As for MSU, pass me what you are smoking to expect to reverse the 55-10 drubbing from last year. A new DC? Rested players? A 10,000 seat dome? Our offense should be as good or better than last year and they put up almost 700 yards. Defense will likely be down, but not a ton. I'm not buying into your frosh QB's just yet.

As for MSU,

Monmouth - W Tune up game, shouldn't challenged much
@ SMU - L Pay day game
Colorado Mesa (D2) - W Another tune up; non-counter xsmhx
@ SFA - W Call it a win, but its probably nearly a toss up. SFA gave us a game in Bozeman
@ UND - W Not enough has changed for UND to pull off the win
NAU - W Will be a tough game; if questions on DL haven't been answered yet, they will be after this game; gave MSU the edge due to being at home
@ BBQ - W Weber was pretty bad last year and I doubt they have completely resurrected the program
UC-Davis - W Davis gave us a run for our $ last year. This year is at home and I think the Cats game plan better. Expecting a tough game.
@ UNC - W The Bears showed improvement at the end of last year, but I don't think this is the year they beat the upper tier of the conference
@EWU - W Lots of changes in the Eagles' WR corps; if the Bobcats clean up the little mistakes from last year, they get some revenge for last year's debacle
SUU - W Gave us a game last year in Cedar City; in Bozeman, without Sorenson, should be a Cat win
UM - W This will be a slug fest due to rivalry; I think McGhee follows in the tradition of another Bobcat QB who went into Wa Griz as a freshman and pulled out a W and ended his career 3-1 against the Griz with a win his senior year in Bozeman

Pretty confident in prediction: Monmouth, SMU, Colorado Mesa, UND, BBQ, UC-D, UNC, SUU
Fairly confident: SFA, UM
Toss up: NAU, EWU

Worst case scenario: 7-5
Likely scenario: 9-3
Best case scenario: 11-1
Upset SMU: 12-0

darell1976
July 31st, 2013, 09:21 PM
See thread title and take it's advice, supplanting rose with kelly green. Yes, UND beat the Griz with a late game long TD, but UM should be improved on offense, and you seem to be expecting 660 yards passing out of FR QB's. As for MSU, pass me what you are smoking to expect to reverse the 55-10 drubbing from last year. A new DC? Rested players? A 10,000 seat dome? Our offense should be as good or better than last year and they put up almost 700 yards. Defense will likely be down, but not a ton. I'm not buying into your frosh QB's just yet.

As for MSU,

Monmouth - W Tune up game, shouldn't challenged much
@ SMU - L Pay day game
Colorado Mesa (D2) - W Another tune up; non-counter xsmhx
@ SFA - W Call it a win, but its probably nearly a toss up. SFA gave us a game in Bozeman
@ UND - W Not enough has changed for UND to pull off the win
NAU - W Will be a tough game; if questions on DL haven't been answered yet, they will be after this game; gave MSU the edge due to being at home
@ BBQ - W Weber was pretty bad last year and I doubt they have completely resurrected the program
UC-Davis - W Davis gave us a run for our $ last year. This year is at home and I think the Cats game plan better. Expecting a tough game.
@ UNC - W The Bears showed improvement at the end of last year, but I don't think this is the year they beat the upper tier of the conference
@EWU - W Lots of changes in the Eagles' WR corps; if the Bobcats clean up the little mistakes from last year, they get some revenge for last year's debacle
SUU - W Gave us a game last year in Cedar City; in Bozeman, without Sorenson, should be a Cat win
UM - W This will be a slug fest due to rivalry; I think McGhee follows in the tradition of another Bobcat QB who went into Wa Griz as a freshman and pulled out a W and ended his career 3-1 against the Griz with a win his senior year in Bozeman

Pretty confident in prediction: Monmouth, SMU, Colorado Mesa, UND, BBQ, UC-D, UNC, SUU
Fairly confident: SFA, UM
Toss up: NAU, EWU

Worst case scenario: 7-5
Likely scenario: 9-3
Best case scenario: 11-1
Upset SMU: 12-0

I guess we will find out in a few months.

CrazyCat
July 31st, 2013, 10:01 PM
I guess we will find out in a few months.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/1207747/ooooooh-o.gif

:D

Twentysix
July 31st, 2013, 10:19 PM
North Dakota

Playoff bound!!!!!!!

Want to put a wager on that one? Something small ;).

geaux_sioux
July 31st, 2013, 10:36 PM
UND

Valpo W: Big Time. Everyone will see the field.

SDSU W>L: I can't put my finger on it but I feel like UND wins this one. I don't think SDSU can pass well enough to keep a revitalized UND defense honest. On the other hand they could pound the piss out of the defense if they aren't as improved as I'm expecting.

Montana W>L: Their D will get shredded again. The Alerus will actually be packed this time and the crowd will be in top form. Will the return of QB Johnson Montana could be very tough this year and ready for revenge from last year. In the end I don't think they score enough to win.

MSU L>W: MSU is still a very good team. Their D will not be what it was last year which gives UND a good shot at this game although I'm not so sure UND will pull out a win against MSU just yet.

Idaho St W: UND will name their score against an awful defense.

EWU W>L: Looking for revenge at home will play a huge factor for UND. EWU also won't be able to pass at will to the 3 headed monster at WR. EWU won't be as good as last year but still very good, their QB could win them any game with his escapability.

Sac W: UND will manhandle them just like last year.

PSU W>L: I think UND will be the better team. I also think that if the team is flying too high after some huge wins they could falter and lose a game they shouldn't.

NAU L>W NAU is a very good team and will be at home. They beat UND on the road last year. The score will be closer this year than it was last year but I think NAU wins it in the end.

UNC W: UND will destroy UNC and get revenge after the way they lost on the last play to a defense that had 12 men on the field on 4th and inches.

Davis W>L: Davis is getting better and will eventually regain their form but I think UND will be the better team. UND also appears to be getting more accustomed to winning in Cali.

Best case scenario 9-2. More likely 7-4. Worst season possible 3-8. Lots of variables this year with players and new coordinators.

darell1976
July 31st, 2013, 10:36 PM
Want to put a wager on that one? Something small ;).

Small like UND's margin of victory in this game. :)

DJKyR0
July 31st, 2013, 11:13 PM

Playoff bound!!!!!!!

Seriously, darell1976. Seriously. You have no idea how long I parsed through my gargantuan folder of reaction images for the perfect one that would capture both the sheer bias and outright preposterousness of this post. My favorite part is how your guys beat a team you lost 55-10 to, not to mention predicating most of your picks on how your defense does. Your DEFENSE. DEFENSE. In the time I spent agonizing over how best to capture my reaction in image form, I could have donated blood, or gone to the grocery store to buy kleenexes, or changed the oil in my car, or watched paint dry, or re-wire the outlet in my room that's on the fritz. I could have thrown away one of the three cans of iced tea littering my computer desk, played a whole game of NCAA football on my XBOX, or finished a few pages on the sci-fi novel I've been writing since I was 15. I could have derived the speed of light, or conducted some experiment with the mildew currently residing in my bathtub. Instead I was here, figuring out how best to brandish my sheer disbelief that you would predict UND to go 9-2 next year. I came up with this.

http://i.imgur.com/HVliTyG.jpg

Anyway, NDSU goes 10-1 by beating Kansas State but losing a stinker somewhere along the way and three-peats. What a laugh.

darell1976
July 31st, 2013, 11:26 PM
Seriously, darell1976. Seriously. You have no idea how long I parsed through my gargantuan folder of reaction images for the perfect one that would capture both the sheer bias and outright preposterousness of this post. My favorite part is how your guys beat a team you lost 55-10 to, not to mention predicating most of your picks on how your defense does. Your DEFENSE. DEFENSE. In the time I spent agonizing over how best to capture my reaction in image form, I could have donated blood, or gone to the grocery store to buy kleenexes, or changed the oil in my car, or watched paint dry, or re-wire the outlet in my room that's on the fritz. I could have thrown away one of the three cans of iced tea littering my computer desk, played a whole game of NCAA football on my XBOX, or finished a few pages on the sci-fi novel I've been writing since I was 15. I could have derived the speed of light, or conducted some experiment with the mildew currently residing in my bathtub. Instead I was here, figuring out how best to brandish my sheer disbelief that you would predict UND to go 9-2 next year. I came up with this.

Anyway, NDSU goes 10-1 by beating Kansas State but losing a stinker somewhere along the way and three-peats. What a laugh.

So no team can improve except NDSU right? 3-8 in 2009 to playoffs in 2010. I guess we will find out won't we.

BisonFan02
July 31st, 2013, 11:31 PM
So no team can improve except NDSU right? 3-8 in 2009 to playoffs in 2010. I guess we will find out won't we.

http://toddwarrenonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/799omg-it-spins.jpg

MSUBobcat
August 1st, 2013, 12:41 AM

BINGO! UND was near the bottom of every defensive category. Scoring defense 11th. Total defense 12th. Rush defense 12th at 235.3 ypg in a mostly pass happy league (only 2 teams rushed for more ypg than passed, and only those 2 teams season rushing average was higher than what UND gave up per game). Hell MSU only averaged 167.9 ypg on the ground, yet ran roughshod for 436 yds. Pass defense 8th but still 244.7 ypg and teams didn't even have to pass much, given the weak rush defense. If UND got to 6-7th in those categories, it would be a major improvement. I know UND has a new DC, but who are the new players that turn this around?

The other thing that I'm curious about is comments like, "we put up 660 yards passing and have the same receiving corp" when the QB's have yet to attempt a college pass. They seem like decent recruits but without playing a snap at the college level, where does this confidence come from?xdontknowx

seantaylor
August 1st, 2013, 12:41 AM
10-1 for GSU. We scare the hell out of Florida at the end of the season, but SEC refs prevail. Thankfully will no longer have to deal with home refs vs an OOC as an FBS team.

MSUBobcat
August 1st, 2013, 12:51 AM

Going from 5-6 to 9-2 is a big turnaround for such an awful defense and a QB who hasn't played a game at the FCS level yet. Especially when you are including wins against SDSU (great running back against a dreadful run D) and MSU (who took UND to the woodshed). 7-4 seems more attainable and that's giving UND the W over what should be a better Griz team. 6-5 might be more likely.

frozennorth
August 1st, 2013, 01:55 AM
10-1 for GSU. We scare the hell out of Florida at the end of the season, but SEC refs prevail. Thankfully will no longer have to deal with home refs vs an OOC as an FBS team.

I think GSU might do more than scare Florida. You line up very well against them.

Twentysix
August 1st, 2013, 02:07 AM

haha, ok ok you don't have to bet.

seantaylor
August 1st, 2013, 03:57 AM
I think GSU might do more than scare Florida. You line up very well against them.

I agree. But, you have to take into account the most corrupt officials in sport. SEC officials. They will do everything in their power to hand the game to Florida.

skinny_uncle
August 1st, 2013, 04:08 AM
I think a couple of you boys might have missed the part of the thread title that said "Please Park Your Rose Colored Glasses".
xlolx

Lehigh'98
August 1st, 2013, 07:01 AM
Delaware:t

Jacksonville - W
DelState -W
@Navy - L
Wagner - W
JMU - W
@ Maine - L
Albany - W
@URI - W
@Towson - L
W&M - W
Richmond - W
@Nova - L

Record- 8-4
No Playoffs

8-4 gets you in playoffs at 24 teams with that many quality wins

Lehigh'98
August 1st, 2013, 07:08 AM
Abilene Christian (transitioning to FCS from D 2. Not a very attractive schedule imo)

Concordia College (Ala.) NAIA) W
McMurry University (D2) W
New Mexico Highlands University (D2) W
Illinois State University Normal, IL L
Tarleton State University (D2) Toss up
Pittsburg State University (D2) Toss up
Houston Baptist Houston W
New Mexico State( FBS) L
Prairie View A&M W

We finish 8-3, splitting two toss up games vs a pair of above average D2 teams and losing to Ill. State and New Mexico State.

Welcome to the FCS!! Got any interesting facts about your school?

bluehenbillk
August 1st, 2013, 07:16 AM
8-4 gets you in playoffs at 24 teams with that many quality wins

I wouldn't be 100% sure of that. Richmond was 8-3 last season & didn't get in...

pike51
August 1st, 2013, 07:32 AM

So help me God... If you ever insult me like this again, I will track you down, rip off your arms, and beat you to death with them. Then, I'll bring you back to life just so I can rip off your legs and beat you to death (again) with them. If you're lucky, I'll let it go after that, doubtful, but who knows... it might be your lucky day.

Engineer86
August 1st, 2013, 07:39 AM
I wouldn't be 100% sure of that. Richmond was 8-3 last season & didn't get in...

Remember at Lehigh we have a different view of a "quality" win xlolxxlolxxlolx that said, it would be 8 wins and one of them is not west Chester, you are at least in the conversation with a 10-1 Lehigh team:D

darell1976
August 1st, 2013, 07:52 AM
Going from 5-6 to 9-2 is a big turnaround for such an awful defense and a QB who hasn't played a game at the FCS level yet. Especially when you are including wins against SDSU (great running back against a dreadful run D) and MSU (who took UND to the woodshed). 7-4 seems more attainable and that's giving UND the W over what should be a better Griz team. 6-5 might be more likely.

2002 UND was 5-6 in 2003 we played for a National Title it can happen. Like I said...we will find out in a few months.

ASUMountaineer
August 1st, 2013, 08:15 AM

Citdog's a kosher tool, but a true southern gentleman.

EKU-n-GSU
August 1st, 2013, 08:33 AM
xlmaox

1) The "real" SoCon is playing for the real title, as App State and GSU are ineligible (only in football). I don't personally care if the remaining members' games against us count towards their conference records or not. However, they will count so you should blame the SoCon's fearless leader for that one. I'd be just as fine if they were considered OOC games.

2) Why would App State or GSU cancel their eight so-called "scrimmages?" What benefit is that for anyone? The other "real" SoCon schools would lose money as they'd lose a game. This is a ridiculously stupid suggestion.

3) The "losing money" portion of your post is just as stupid as the "real" SoCon would lose money by losing a game. xnutsx

...can you say tongue in cheek?

SFA 93
August 1st, 2013, 08:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_vvRGYwIukw

5-0 at home (2012)
#20 SFA:49; SW Oklahoma:14
SFA:42; #14 Central Arkansas:37
SFA:44; Nicholls State:10
SFA:40; Lamar:26
SFA:34; Northwestern State:17

0-6 on the road (2012)
(FBS) SMU:52; #19 SFA:0
#3 Montana State:43; #23 SFA:35 (-8)
(FBS) Texas State:41; SFA:37 (-4)
#9 Sam Houston State:51; SFA:43 (-8)
McNeese State:35; SFA:24 (-11)
Southeastern Louisiana:42; SFA:27 (-15)

This season 5 games at home; 7 games on the road; so a 5-7 season if we can't win on the road.

Anything can happen and usually does.

It's all about that turnover ratio and our special teams coverage.

(Record during Coach Harper Era)

Aug. 31 @ Weber State 7:00 P.M. (0-0)
Sept. 7 @ Texas Tech 6:00 P.M. (TV) FSN (0-0)
Sept. 14 McMurry 6:00 P.M. (0-0)
Sept. 21 Montana State 6:00 P.M. (TV) KCEB-TV (0-1)
Sept. 28 Prairie View A&M 6:00 P.M. (0-0)
Oct. 12 @ Southeastern Louisiana (TV) ESPN3 (4-2)
Oct. 19 Nicholls State (TV) SLC-TV (5-1)
Oct. 26 @ Central Arkansas (TV) SLC-TV (3-3)
Nov. 2 Sam Houston State (Houston, Texas) (TV) SLC-TV Rival game (2-4)
Nov. 9 McNeese State (3-3)
Nov. 16 @ Lamar (3-0)
Nov. 23 @ Northwestern State (TV) SLC-TV (Maybe) Rival game (4-2)

MSUBobcat
August 1st, 2013, 09:24 AM
2002 UND was 5-6 in 2003 we played for a National Title it can happen. Like I said...we will find out in a few months.

Darell, I didn't say it couldn't happen, but in a previous post I asked what changes were being made on defense other than promoting the linebacker coach to DC. Any new run stoppers on the DL? Same with the RFr QB's. Cursory search of their names didn't come up with much info, and they have good size, but lack of experience would make me temper my enthusiasm. Still awaiting a response other than "new DC and 7 home games"...

BTW, UND was 6-5 (all D2 wins) in 2002 and lost 3 games in the 2nd half of the season by a combined 7 pts so things were starting to fall into place at the end of the year. Last year not so much. Started out strong(ish), with beating up D2, wins over PSU and Sac St., and giving San Diego St a run for their money (I may have even ranked them in the top 25 early on). Then the wheels fell off and they lost 5 of the last 7, with 3 losses by 18 pts or more (and a 1pt loss to UNC). Stark difference in going 6-5 against all same level competition and nearly ending the year on a 7-0 run and going 5-6 with a win against sub-DI team and ending the year sporadic at best. xtwocentsx

MSUBobcat
August 1st, 2013, 09:30 AM
xlmaox

1) The "real" SoCon is playing for the real title, as App State and GSU are ineligible (only in football). I don't personally care if the remaining members' games against us count towards their conference records or not. However, they will count so you should blame the SoCon's fearless leader for that one. I'd be just as fine if they were considered OOC games.

2) Why would App State or GSU cancel their eight so-called "scrimmages?" What benefit is that for anyone? The other "real" SoCon schools would lose money as they'd lose a game. This is a ridiculously stupid suggestion.

3) The "losing money" portion of your post is just as stupid as the "real" SoCon would lose money by losing a game. xnutsx

xnutsx indeed. That went WAY over your head. Thought xcoffeex was a giveaway but guess he should have used xrolleyesx.

ASUMountaineer
August 1st, 2013, 09:34 AM
...can you say tongue in cheek?

xlolx That was my first thought but then citdog chimed in in agreement, so I wasn't sure. Duly noted, and I will delete my post.

ASUMountaineer
August 1st, 2013, 09:37 AM
xnutsx indeed. That went WAY over your head. Thought xcoffeex was a giveaway but guess he should have used xrolleyesx.

No crap! I totally missed that one! xsmhx

Ivytalk
August 1st, 2013, 09:45 AM
9/21: at San Diego -- L
9/28: Brown -- W
10/5: at Holy Cross -- W
10/12: at Cornell -- W
10/19: Lafayette -- W
10/26: Princeton -- W
11/2: Dartmouth -- W
11/9: at Columbia -- W
11/16: Penn -- W
11/23: at Yale -- L

Overall 8-2, 7-1 Ivy League

MSUBobcat
August 1st, 2013, 09:46 AM
No crap! I totally missed that one! xsmhx

LOL. Happens to the best of us bud xthumbsupx

EKU-n-GSU
August 1st, 2013, 09:49 AM
xlolx That was my first thought but then citdog chimed in in agreement, so I wasn't sure. Duly noted, and I will delete my post.

No need to delete the post...sometimes difficult to ID sarcasm by means of a smiley. Buy me a beer in October and I'll forgive youxsmiley_wix (made sure I inserted the right smiley)

darell1976
August 1st, 2013, 09:50 AM
Darell, I didn't say it couldn't happen, but in a previous post I asked what changes were being made on defense other than promoting the linebacker coach to DC. Any new run stoppers on the DL? Same with the RFr QB's. Cursory search of their names didn't come up with much info, and they have good size, but lack of experience would make me temper my enthusiasm. Still awaiting a response other than "new DC and 7 home games"...

BTW, UND was 6-5 (all D2 wins) in 2002 and lost 3 games in the 2nd half of the season by a combined 7 pts so things were starting to fall into place at the end of the year. Last year not so much. Started out strong(ish), with beating up D2, wins over PSU and Sac St., and giving San Diego St a run for their money (I may have even ranked them in the top 25 early on). Then the wheels fell off and they lost 5 of the last 7, with 3 losses by 18 pts or more (and a 1pt loss to UNC). Stark difference in going 6-5 against all same level competition and nearly ending the year on a 7-0 run and going 5-6 with a win against sub-DI team and ending the year sporadic at best. xtwocentsx

Looking at the depth chart from last year (as I haven't seen the one for this year) only the SS position doesn't have a player who is a senior or junior so lots of experience on defense plus new coaches on the defense...DC, OLB coach, DL coach. Enter the right personnel and add experience to the player and your defense can improve. Just because a team did horrible one year doesn't mean its a sure thing they will be bad the following year but that what pollsters and people outside the fanbase thinks. Yes there are question marks on the offense in QB's, and on defense but its hard to look on paper and say "yep they suck". That's why games are played. You think K-State fans aren't saying that about NDSU because they are FCS? I am sure Michigan fans did that before App State shut them up. August 29th is UND's first game (yes its Valpo) but if they shutout Valpo that should say something for the defense, but if its a shootout because our defense can't stop the projected last place team in the PFL then we know our team is in trouble. I brought up 2002 because UND was coming off a National Title win then in the second game of the year lose 43-7 at home and finish 6-5 (you are correct), but the very next year play for a national title. UND doesn't have a history of losing seasons and isn't going to start a history now. 9-2 may be high, and they may lose to MSU or EWU (I actually debated which team would fall in the Alerus) but I think UND will be a contender for the BSC title and make the playoffs.

ASUMountaineer
August 1st, 2013, 09:53 AM
LOL. Happens to the best of us bud xthumbsupx

True statement.

ASUMountaineer
August 1st, 2013, 09:54 AM
No need to delete the post...sometimes difficult to ID sarcasm by means of a smiley. Buy me a beer in October and I'll forgive youxsmiley_wix (made sure I inserted the right smiley)

HA! If you're in Boone for the game, I'll be glad to do better than beer and make sure that it "shines" for you at our tailgate. xnodx

Hammerhead
August 1st, 2013, 09:58 AM
Realistically, I predict NDSU loses a close game at K-State and and loses one conference game again and then win a 3rd FCS title

The fan(atic) in me says they go undefeated to a 3-peat. Then again, I think the Vikings are going to the Superbowl every year during training camp and that hasn't worked out for me in decades. :(

NoDak 4 Ever
August 1st, 2013, 10:00 AM
Looking at the depth chart from last year (as I haven't seen the one for this year) only the SS position doesn't have a player who is a senior or junior so lots of experience on defense plus new coaches on the defense...DC, OLB coach, DL coach. Enter the right personnel and add experience to the player and your defense can improve. Just because a team did horrible one year doesn't mean its a sure thing they will be bad the following year but that what pollsters and people outside the fanbase thinks. Yes there are question marks on the offense in QB's, and on defense but its hard to look on paper and say "yep they suck". That's why games are played. You think K-State fans aren't saying that about NDSU because they are FCS? I am sure Michigan fans did that before App State shut them up. August 29th is UND's first game (yes its Valpo) but if they shutout Valpo that should say something for the defense, but if its a shootout because our defense can't stop the projected last place team in the PFL then we know our team is in trouble. I brought up 2002 because UND was coming off a National Title win then in the second game of the year lose 43-7 at home and finish 6-5 (you are correct), but the very next year play for a national title. UND doesn't have a history of losing seasons and isn't going to start a history now. 9-2 may be high, and they may lose to MSU or EWU (I actually debated which team would fall in the Alerus) but I think UND will be a contender for the BSC title and make the playoffs.

My god, I'm praying for that. The committee will absolutely aim you towards Fargo for your ritual slaughtering.

Grizalltheway
August 1st, 2013, 10:03 AM

You coming out to Missoula for the game?

Jiggs
August 1st, 2013, 10:05 AM
@ Georgia State W
@ Arkansas L
@ Florida A&M W
SE Louisiana W
Western Carolina W
Georgia Southern L
@ Appalachian St W
@ Wofford W
@ The Citadel W
@ Furman W
Chattanooga W
Elon W

Apphole
August 1st, 2013, 10:08 AM
You coming out to Missoula for the game?

Can't make it unfortunately. Would have loved to hang out with all y'all again and check out one of the top environments in football, but alas, it isn't in the cards this year. xbawlingx

darell1976
August 1st, 2013, 10:11 AM
My god, I'm praying for that. The committee will absolutely aim you towards Fargo for your ritual slaughtering.

NDSU's wet dream for the playoffs....UND at NDSU then Montana State at NDSU

NoDak 4 Ever
August 1st, 2013, 10:17 AM

Yup. combined score of the two games 82-10

PaladinFan
August 1st, 2013, 10:17 AM
Realistically, I predict NDSU loses a close game at K-State and and loses one conference game again and then win a 3rd FCS title

The fan(atic) in me says they go undefeated to a 3-peat. Then again, I think the Vikings are going to the Superbowl every year during training camp and that hasn't worked out for me in decades. :(

Always liked the Vikings (maybe because they wear purple?). My grandfather grew up in Minnesota after his father was sent up there from Alabama during the depression. I still remember running around like a banshee when Morten Anderson drilled the field goal in the 1998 NFC Championship.

As if to make me like them more, Minnesota has three(!) former Paladins on their roster. Outside of the Cincinnati Bengals collecting UGA's entire defense, it is pretty amazing that you could have that many players from a tiny FCS school on one NFL roster. Of course, only one is guaranteed to make the team, but still.

Bisonator
August 1st, 2013, 10:25 AM

Throw in EWU in Frisco baby! xnodx

BisonBohl
August 1st, 2013, 10:25 AM
Darrell its just funny to me you that you magically think UND will beat 3 very strong teams in a row because they have a new DC and all the players are a year older. Sometimes bad players are just well bad... Also the Alerus Center has been known to be empty so not sure Id use that as an advantage either.

Look UND should be improved, I mean can the defense get any worse??? I respect that you pick them to win because thats your team but you must have missed out on the title. Personally I see 6-5 or 7-4 for UND.

BisonFan02
August 1st, 2013, 10:46 AM

Garbage time in post season? :D

katstrapper
August 1st, 2013, 10:51 AM
Sat, Aug 31 Houston Baptist Huntsville 6:00p.m. W
Sat, Sep 07 Texas A&M College Station 6:00 p.m. L
Sat, Sep 14 Texas Southern Huntsville 2:00 p.m. W
Sat, Sep 21 Incarnate Word Huntsville 6:00 p.m. W
Sat, Sep 28 Eastern Washington (Parents Weekend) Huntsville W
Sat, Oct 12 Lamar (Homecoming) * Huntsville 2:00 p.m. W
Sat, Oct 19 McNeese State * Lake Charles, La. 7:00 p.m. W
Sat, Oct 26 Northwestern State * Huntsville 2:00 p.m. W
Sat, Nov 02 Stephen F. Austin * Houston 3:00 p.m. W
Sat, Nov 09 Nicholls State * Huntsville 2:00 p.m. W
Sat, Nov 16 Southeastern Louisiana * Hammond, La. L
Sat, Nov 23 Central Arkansas * Conway, Ark. W

10-2 and headed back to playoffs for third straight year. I have a bad feeling we stump our toe in Hammond because of looking ahead to game in Conway on final game of year.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 1st, 2013, 10:54 AM
Garbage time in post season? :D

Let's just put it this way, if either Montana State or UND come to the dome, NDSU will be Ice-T and they will be Wesley Snipes in this scene.

NSFW:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cbIOcIRzIM

darell1976
August 1st, 2013, 10:56 AM

So NDSU 13 UND 10, and NDSU 69 MSU 0.:D

darell1976
August 1st, 2013, 11:00 AM
Darrell its just funny to me you that you magically think UND will beat 3 very strong teams in a row because they have a new DC and all the players are a year older. Sometimes bad players are just well bad... Also the Alerus Center has been known to be empty so not sure Id use that as an advantage either.

Look UND should be improved, I mean can the defense get any worse??? I respect that you pick them to win because thats your team but you must have missed out on the title. Personally I see 6-5 or 7-4 for UND.

Did you guys think NDSU would have 2 years of 1 loss seasons? After going 6-5, 3-8 and 9-5? Teams can improve and it just takes that right personnel and experienced players to make a difference. 2007 Miami Dolphins 1-15, 2008 11-5 AFC East Champions. Anything can happen.

SFA 93
August 1st, 2013, 11:05 AM
But if you were to ask the SFA players themselves...

http://instagram.com/p/cKL-e9imZ2/

but duh

BisonBacker
August 1st, 2013, 11:06 AM

You shouldn't be using hallucinogenic drugs while posting on message boards. It leads to crazy predictions like that xlolx

Silenoz
August 1st, 2013, 11:07 AM

7 of those points coming from Marcus Williams getting his bell rung by the safety while going up for a pick, and then returning it to the wrong endzone and spiking it into Bleskin's hands

NoDak 4 Ever
August 1st, 2013, 11:08 AM
7 of those points coming when Marcus Williams getting his bell rung by the safety while going up for a pick, and then returning it to the wrong endzone and spiking it into Bleskin's hands

That's the spirit!

EKU-n-GSU
August 1st, 2013, 11:18 AM
HA! If you're in Boone for the game, I'll be glad to do better than beer and make sure that it "shines" for you at our tailgate. xnodx

Have the house rented already, w/two other couples joining us. I'll be looking to take you up on your offer...been a long time since I had go-go juice.

chattownmocs
August 1st, 2013, 11:30 AM

I laughed

Silenoz
August 1st, 2013, 11:33 AM
I laughed
You're 17. You're supposed to say "I lulled" (or something equally dumb)

chattownmocs
August 1st, 2013, 11:35 AM
You're 17. You're supposed to say "I lulled"

Sure.

Grizalltheway
August 1st, 2013, 11:45 AM
Can't make it unfortunately. Would have loved to hang out with all y'all again and check out one of the top environments in football, but alas, it isn't in the cards this year. xbawlingx

I feel your pain, man. I was stuck watching last year's game at a sports bar in Spokane.xsmhx

NoDak 4 Ever
August 1st, 2013, 11:51 AM
I feel your pain, man. I was stuck watching last year's game at a sports bar in Spokane.xsmhx

The bummer part being in Spokane.

UNDBIZ
August 1st, 2013, 12:21 PM

Is Montana considered strong again now? Other than a qb who hasn't taken a snap in well over a year and who missed a year of team workouts and drills, what did Montana do to become a top 10 team all of the sudden? I'm not saying that Montana can't do well this year, but everybody seems to have forgotten last season, where it wasn't necessarily their qb who was losing them games. I don't have quite the optimism of Darrell, but you guys are just trolling him now. No, Alerus attendance isn't where it was in D2, but for some reason opposing coaches still complain about it so it sounds like an advantage to me. Will we go 9-2 as Darrell is predicting? No, but I appreciate his optimism. It's his opinion and had he made a similar prediction for a similar team not named UND, there probably wouldn't be any further discussion of it.

Tealblood
August 1st, 2013, 12:21 PM
CCU

@ SC State W
H v. Furman W
@ Eastern Kentucky L
HV HAMPTON W
@ ELON W
H v. Gardner Webb W
@ Liberty L
H v. VMI W
H v. Charlotte W
@ Chas Southern W
H v. Presby W
@ USC L

9-3 with a playoff bid
get a few breaks at Eastern Kentucky or Liberty we win 10 and get a first round bye

ASUMountaineer
August 1st, 2013, 12:23 PM
Have the house rented already, w/two other couples joining us. I'll be looking to take you up on your offer...been a long time since I had go-go juice.

Sounds good! Send me a PM closer to game day.

ASUMountaineer
August 1st, 2013, 12:23 PM
You're 17. You're supposed to say "I lulled" (or something equally dumb)

He doesn't usually hit a "lull" until mid-season...give him time.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 1st, 2013, 12:27 PM
Is Montana considered strong again now? Other than a qb who hasn't taken a snap in well over a year and who missed a year of team workouts and drills, what did Montana do to become a top 10 team all of the sudden? I'm not saying that Montana can't do well this year, but everybody seems to have forgotten last season, where it wasn't necessarily their qb who was losing them games. I don't have quite the optimism of Darrell, but you guys are just trolling him now. No, Alerus attendance isn't where it was in D2, but for some reason opposing coaches still complain about it so it sounds like an advantage to me. Will we go 9-2 as Darrell is predicting? No, but I appreciate his optimism. It's his opinion and had he made a similar prediction for a similar team not named UND, there probably wouldn't be any further discussion of it.

Montana should always be considered strong but will probably have an extended period of transition until they get their long term coaching situation cleared up. Delaney is way too old to be considered more than a place holder.

BEAR
August 1st, 2013, 12:29 PM
Isn't it nice when fans of teams look forward to coming to your house for revenge ! xlolx

Silenoz
August 1st, 2013, 12:49 PM

Montana 2012

Passing offense - 55th
Rushing offense - 11th
Total offense - 11th
Passing defense - 120th
Rushing defense - 2nd
Total defense - 66th

So aside from the return of JJ (a significant upgrade in the passing and running game, at a position that was basically a comedy of errors last season), it's obvious where we're hoping for improvement...

Since we're returning the entire secondary, replaced our safeties coach, and our first-year DC now has some experience under our belt, Griz nation is hoping we see any sort of improvement in pass defense. Nowhere to go but up, right? :\

They actually looked quite good in the season finale against MSU and McGhee (who, to be fair, was running for his life most of the game), so hopefully that was a sign of things to come

Silenoz
August 1st, 2013, 12:52 PM
Of course, if we continue to kick off in both halves of a game, or turn punt returns into... whatever it was we did against SUU, then we'll very possibly suck again xdontknowx

BisonBohl
August 1st, 2013, 01:15 PM

Montana is down but has proven to be a force in this division. Was it a fluke year or are they regressing???We will find out but for now I will give them some slack.

No I am not trolling Darrell at all, in fact I think its great he thinks his team will do well, any fan should. But what you want to happen isn't what this thread ask for. This thread asked for predictions without the rose glasses. And Darrell's definitely sings a different tune.

UNDBIZ
August 1st, 2013, 01:16 PM
Montana 2012

Passing offense - 55th
Rushing offense - 11th
Total offense - 11th
Passing defense - 120th
Rushing defense - 2nd
Total defense - 66th

So aside from the return of JJ (a significant upgrade in the passing and running game, at a position that was basically a comedy of errors last season), it's obvious where we're hoping for improvement...

Since we're returning the entire secondary, replaced our safeties coach, and our first-year DC now has some experience under our belt, Griz nation is hoping we see any sort of improvement in pass defense. Nowhere to go but up, right? :\

They actually looked quite good in the season finale against MSU and McGhee (who, to be fair, was running for his life most of the game), so hopefully that was a sign of things to come

Sorry for picking on Montana, but I see you guys as somewhat similar to us in being a strong program coming off a bad year. I was actually hoping somebody would pick up how all of ndsu trashed UND's win over Montana last year as a win over a garbage team, but now all of the sudden those same fans think Montana is the greatest (after moo U) again. New season equals new beginnings I guess. People seem quick to accept that Montana (a historically strong program) can bounce back by making a coaching change and returning a qb who hasn't played in over a year and a bunch of unproven/bad dbs. But when an optimistic UND fan hopes for similar results from changes made (coaching changes, dbs older, linemen healthy) at a historically strong program, he gets trolled.

UNDBIZ
August 1st, 2013, 01:19 PM
Montana is down but has proven to be a force in this division. Was it a fluke year or are they regressing???We will find out but for now I will give them some slack.

No I am not trolling Darrell at all, in fact I think its great he thinks his team will do well, any fan should. But what you want to happen isn't what this thread ask for. This thread asked for predictions without the rose glasses. And Darrell's definitely sings a different tune.

Perhaps he truly believes UND will win those games.... AGS

TheRevSFA
August 1st, 2013, 01:31 PM
I'll take a stab at it

Aug. 31 @ Weber State 7:00 P.M. - Win.. I don't know much about Weber but I think we break our road blues
Sept. 7 @ Texas Tech 6:00 P.M. (TV) FSN - Loss, I'll be at the game though
Sept. 14 McMurry 6:00 P.M.- Win..it'll be a narrow margin, like 82-6
Sept. 21 Montana State 6:00 P.M. (TV) KCEB-TV - I think we get the win in Nac. Last year's game was a shootout.
Sept. 28 Prairie View A&M 6:00 P.M. Win..
Oct. 12 @ Southeastern Louisiana (TV) ESPN3 - Win. We lost to them last year on the road. This is a toss up though, as Ron Roberts is putting together a hell of a team
Oct. 19 Nicholls State (TV) SLC-TV - Win
Oct. 26 @ Central Arkansas (TV) SLC-TV -Win, we become the first team to beat Central Arkansas on the Holiday Inn Curtain style turf
Nov. 2 Sam Houston State (Houston, Texas) (TV) Loss probably..I'd love to see us win, but I doubt it happens
Nov. 9 McNeese State - Win because we are at home. If it was in Lake Chuck I'd say otherwise
Nov. 16 @ Lamar -They have a team? Win
Nov. 23 @ Northwestern State - Win..NWSU is on a downward spiral and there's no stopping it. The Chief stays in Nacogdoches

So yes, I said 10-2...but with the toss up games (SELA, UCA, McNeese) we could be 7-5. I at least think we finish over .500..

NoDak 4 Ever
August 1st, 2013, 01:36 PM
Perhaps he truly believes UND will win those games.... AGS

Funny how some people interpret AGS to be EGS.

pike51
August 1st, 2013, 01:39 PM
I laughed

Everyone else laughs at EVERYTHING you post. Actually, we don't... we just shake our heads in disbelief and pour another shot.

darell1976
August 1st, 2013, 01:39 PM
Funny how some people interpret AGS to be EGS.

Yeah because that isn't the theme in Fargo.:D

NoDak 4 Ever
August 1st, 2013, 01:40 PM
Yeah because that isn't the theme in Fargo.:D

When you do it, you can say it.

BisonBacker
August 1st, 2013, 01:50 PM
Sorry for picking on Montana, but I see you guys as somewhat similar to us in being a strong program coming off a bad year. I was actually hoping somebody would pick up how all of ndsu trashed UND's win over Montana last year as a win over a garbage team, but now all of the sudden those same fans think Montana is the greatest (after moo U) again. New season equals new beginnings I guess. People seem quick to accept that Montana (a historically strong program) can bounce back by making a coaching change and returning a qb who hasn't played in over a year and a bunch of unproven/bad dbs. But when an optimistic UND fan hopes for similar results from changes made (coaching changes, dbs older, linemen healthy) at a historically strong program, he gets trolled.

I don't recall any NDSU fans referring to Montana as you suggest in that post. Nice try but stop making shat up and stick to the facts.

Mattymc727
August 1st, 2013, 02:11 PM
at Central Mich L
Colgate W
at Lehigh W
at Towson L
Rhode Island W
Villanova W
at Stony Brook L
at William & Mary W
James Madison W
at Albany W
Maine W

8-3

Every CAA game is a toss-up really. AnyGivenSaturday

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 2nd, 2013, 07:33 PM
NDSU will have a huge target on their backs just like last year. Every team will give them their best effort...the way it should be.

Kansas State: L - I really think the Bison can win this one but I'll say a loss for now

Ferris State: W - 2nd and 3rd teamers will get a lot of good playing time. Hopefully the coaching staff plays Wentz a ton.

Delaware State: W - see above

SDSU: W - This could be a loss for the Bison.

UNI: W - UNI could also win this one. They have the offensive weapons to do it.

Missouri State: W - Bison will blow this team out this year.

SIU: W - SIU usually plays the Bison tough. Could also see a loss here.

Indiana State: W - Sycs will be down this year.

Illinois State: W - Good O line but Brown is gone.

YSU: W - Which team will show up for YSU. Pitt game team or the one in Fargo last year.

USD: W - Not a 54-0 beatdown but a win.

Worst case: 7-4

Best case: 9-2 to 11-0 and another NC

GoAgs72
August 2nd, 2013, 08:38 PM
Since this is still pre-season, every team is predicted to have a winning season. After 4 or 5 games, the reality starts to settle in.

mmiller_34
August 2nd, 2013, 10:06 PM
South Dakota State vs. Butler

South Dakota State 42
Butler 10

South Dakota State @ North Dakota

South Dakota State 29
North Dakota 21

South Dakota State vs. SE Louisiana

South Dakota State 24
SE Louisiana 17

South Dakota State @ Nebraska

South Dakota State 3
Nebraska 52

South Dakota State vs. North Dakota State

South Dakota State 13
North Dakota State 20

South Dakota State vs. Southern Illinois

South Dakota State 23
Southern Illinios 13

South Dakota State @ Western Illinois

South Dakota State 34
Western Illinois 17

South Dakota State @ Missouri State

South Dakota State 31
Missouri State 10

South Dakota State vs. Northern Iowa

South Dakota State 20
Northern Iowa 34

South Dakota State vs Indiana State

South Dakota State 28
Indiana State 13

South Dakota State @ South Dakota

South Dakota State 43
South Dakota 23

South Dakota State @ Youngstown State

South Dakota State 34
Youngstown State 35

I Predict..... 8-4 or 9-3, unseeded in playoffs. Win 1st Round, lose in Fargo.

Below are other scenarios...

Program Killer Scenario: 0-12, 1-11
Nightmare Scenario: 2-10, 3-9
Worst Case Scenario: 4-7, 5-7
Dissapointing Scenario: 6-6, 7-5
So-So/Expected Scenario: 8-4, 9-3
Best Case Scenario: 10-2
Unreal Scenario: 11-1
Forever Program Changing Scenario: 12-0

mvemjsunpx
August 2nd, 2013, 10:57 PM
Montana

8/31 vs. Appalachian St. - App is ridiculously young this year (11 seniors, 52(!) freshmen)
W, 37-24
9/14 @ North Dakota (NC) - UM's toughest "non-conference" game, IMO; UND's lack of QB experience makes the difference
W, 41-34
9/21 vs. (DII) OK Panhandle St. - The only question is whether the MVP will be a starter or a backup
W, 52-0
9/28 @ Northern Arizona - Toss-up: NAU's defense is good, but their passing game is questionable
W, 24-21
10/5 vs. Portland St. - Homecoming against a lousy defense
W, 45-21
10/12 @ UC Davis - The Aggies just look mediocre all-around
W, 31-13
10/19 vs. Cal Poly - Option team on the road against last year's #2 run defense
W, 23-17
10/26 vs. Eastern Washington - The Eagles just don't have the weapons they used to
W, 28-19
11/2 @ Sacramento St. - Another coin flip: the Hornets are solid all-around
L, 28-24
11/9 @ South Dakota - The Griz haven't played a regular-season, road non-conference game in November since 1999
W, 31-17
11/16 vs. Weber St. - Pflugrad's return won't be memorable
W, 38-17
11/23 @ Montana St. - Don't expect much offense here; I'll go with MSU despite the fact the home team hasn't won in 5 years
L, 19-13

The Griz will go 10-2 (6-2 Big Sky). They'll get a playoff berth & probably a bye.

Fordham
August 3rd, 2013, 04:06 AM
Thread title should be changed to "come up with a plausible scenario where your team goes AT LEAST 9-3!"

xnodx

Ivytalk
August 3rd, 2013, 07:41 AM
Thread tie should be changed to "come up with a plausible scenario where your team goes AT LEAST 9-3!"

So we should have a Western Carolina or Georgia State fan post on the thread to even things up?xlolx

LeadBolt
August 3rd, 2013, 07:53 AM
Sat, Aug 31 at West Virginia L
Sat, Sep 07 Hampton W
Sat, Sep 14 at Lafayette W
Sat, Sep 21 Rhode Island W
Sat, Oct 05 at Villanova L
Sat, Oct 12 Penn W
Sat, Oct 19 at Maine L
Sat, Oct 26 James Madison W
Sat, Nov 02 New Hampshire W
Sat, Nov 09 at Delaware W
Sat, Nov 16 Towson W
Sat, Nov 23 at Richmond L

2013 8-4, Play off bound; Avenge 4 of last years losses that were by less than a TD and the one solid beating we took.

carney2
August 3rd, 2013, 09:49 AM
Thread title should be changed to "come up with a plausible scenario where your team goes AT LEAST 9-3!"

xnodx

I purchased a BIG interest in Rose Colored Glasses, Inc. the day I started this thread. I'm cleaning up.

wmmii
August 3rd, 2013, 06:39 PM
The William & Mary Tribe is set for a comeback this year! new O Coach will help alot...

Sat, Aug 31 at West Virginia L
Sat, Sep 07 Hampton W
Sat, Sep 14 at Lafayette W tough road game as we get our O in gear
Sat, Sep 21 Rhode Island W
Sat, Oct 05 at Villanova W huge upset that will make a statement, payback for 2010 by seniors, bye week to prepare
Sat, Oct 12 Penn W
Sat, Oct 19 at Maine L they play us tough
Sat, Oct 26 James Madison L always a challenge
Sat, Nov 02 New Hampshire W good luck against them
Sat, Nov 09 at Delaware W down year with new coach
Sat, Nov 16 Towson W do not think they can repeat last year
Sat, Nov 23 at Richmond W old rivalry, could decide CAA champ!

2013 9-3, potential CAA champ and Play off bound; Seniors want to get back to winning ways of 2010 when they were freshmen

ngineer
August 3rd, 2013, 08:33 PM
BYE

Can't really disagree with your scenarios, although I think the Monmouth and Bucknell games could well be closer. Bucknell's defense if very strong. Just haven't shown any offense for years. The Princeton, UNH, Fordham stretch will be key. This team could be anywhere from 7-4 to 11-0, barring serious/devasting injuries. QB's just need to protect the ball and be efficient. Running game should be strong. D will be athletic. Key will be knowing what they're doing out there with a lot of inexperience. The Achilles heel is the PK situation. I see 6 games out there that could easily come down to 3 point margin: Princeton, UNH, Fordham, Holy Cross, Colgate and Laughyette.

ngineer
August 3rd, 2013, 08:34 PM
I purchased a BIG interest in Rose Colored Glasses, Inc. the day I started this thread. I'm cleaning up.

I thought you were making a 'spectacle' of yourself....

bjtheflamesfan
August 3rd, 2013, 08:40 PM
9-3 is actually one of my more conservative scenarios. Anyone on FlameFans that knows me has seen me make predictions of 10-1 with great gusto only to be proven gloriously wrong by week 4

Fordham
August 4th, 2013, 10:28 AM
9-3 is actually one of my more conservative scenarios. Anyone on FlameFans that knows me has seen me make predictions of 10-1 with great gusto only to be proven gloriously wrong by week 4

this is the beauty of pre-season.

carney2
August 4th, 2013, 10:40 AM
I thought you were making a 'spectacle' of yourself....

See, this is what passes for humor on South Mountain.

achrist70
August 4th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Iowa State- L 20-24, tough loss, closer than any Iowa State fan thinks but they have some questions
Drake- W 63-16, Drake scores late, but we should pound the Bulldogs
Northern Colorado- W 38-17, the altitude concerns me but the talent gap prevails
McNeese St. W 28-20, this will be a challenge, but I think the Dome field advantage wins out in the end
North Dakota St W 24-21, I think UNI will be motivated for this game and pull the stunner
Southern Illinois W 35-20, last year UNI dominated the game, but loss, this year we get the job done
South Dakota W 42-10, Panthers should control this game easily
South Dakota St. W 28-20, we seem to have their number, hope that continues
Illinois St L 17-14, we have always struggled in Normal, and I see this as a hiccup
Youngstown- W 31-21, we get back to beating the Penguins
Missouri St. W 35-17, I think this is the last year for T.A. in Springfield, maybe he will come be an assistant at his alma-mater
Western W 42-10, Panthers finish regular season off in style

10-2 Conference Champs, first round bye, hopefully top 4 seed

UNDColorado
August 5th, 2013, 08:58 AM
This was truly a fun read.

My prediction for UND:

First off, Darryl I love your enthusiasm but we are not a 9-2 team yet...although anything can happen,

We have redshirt Freshies at QB which is obviously not ideal. So hard to predict given that they have not thrown a pass in a game yet. This makes me nervous, but the upside is that these guys seem to be very mature and physically gifted so an improved line and running game should help take a load off. In the running game watch for a kid named PJ Sparks. From what I understand he stuck around Grand Forks and worked his tail off and has the coached attention. Last year he was buried in the depth chart. Actually between 60-65 guys stuck around to work out as a team this summer so that is very encouraging.

Defense, the big question: After last year we can only go up, sad but true.

The good: SR LB Garrison Goodman missed the last three games last year and played 5 games injured. He is the core of our defense and his absense last year was devastating. D line has been a question and they were able to add some depth by a JC transfer and there is a few seniors and some very promising redshirts. Depth has been a big question over the last couple seasons and it sounds like that has been addressed. I am also a fan of the new DC because he is smart and seems to be a good motivator.

Overall we should be a much improved team. My prediction 7-4. Best case 9-2. Worst case 5-6. Complete toss up at this point.

Grizalltheway
August 5th, 2013, 09:44 AM

I would honestly love to see the Griz play in Fargo in the playoffs this year. If we could somehow pull off the upset, it would be the ultimate revenge for 2003.

dewey
August 5th, 2013, 10:18 AM

Your thinking is pretty good but I would perfer this outcome:)

1. #1 seed and undefeated season heading into the playoffs.
2. EWU at the Fargodome in a 2nd round game - Bison win.
3. MSU coming to Fargo for their annual quarterfinal whooping - Bison win big.
4. SHSU coming to Fargo for the semi final game since they have seen Fargodome South the last two years:) - Bison win.
5. National Title game win against...who cares.
6. UND loses every game.

Go Bison!

Dewey

Silenoz
August 5th, 2013, 10:41 AM

xnodx
xlolx

PaladinFan
August 5th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Not a prediction, but lacked a better place to put it. Thought this was a neat picture. Furman getting after it the first day of practice as the sun comes up. http://instagram.com/p/coOXJnqinM/

pike51
August 5th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Date Opponent Location
Aug. 31 Savannah St. STATESBORO W
Sept. 7 Saint Francis (Pa.) STATESBORO W
Sept. 14 at Wofford * Spartanburg, S.C. W
Sept. 28 Chattanooga * STATESBORO W
Oct. 5 at Samford * Birmingham, Ala. W
Oct. 12 The Citadel * STATESBORO W
Oct. 26 at Appalachian St. * Boone, N.C. L - I hate to do this!
Nov. 2 Furman * STATESBORO W
Nov. 9 Western Carolina * STATESBORO W
Nov. 16 at Elon * Elon, N.C. W
Nov. 23 at Florida Gainesville, Fla. W

Trying to not look through rose colored glasses but I can honestly see GSU going undefeated this season. We don't lose at Wofford, Chatty is Chatty, and we owe The Citadel some serious payback.

The App State game is in Boone and that makes it tough. Both teams are in similar situations. This game may be too close to call right now so I give the edge to App based on home field advantage. However, my heart says GSU wins by 14+. ;)

As for Florida, I really think we have a chance to catch them off guard... week before their rival game against FSU, they could seriously overlook us AND it will be our last game of the season so nothing will be held back... our seniors will be looking to go out with a huge statement! So, I'll call it a win.

Houndawg
August 5th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Iowa State- L 20-24, tough loss, closer than any Iowa State fan thinks but they have some questions
Drake- W 63-16, Drake scores late, but we should pound the Bulldogs
Northern Colorado- W 38-17, the altitude concerns me but the talent gap prevails
McNeese St. W 28-20, this will be a challenge, but I think the Dome field advantage wins out in the end
North Dakota St W 24-21, I think UNI will be motivated for this game and pull the stunner
Southern Illinois W 35-20, last year UNI dominated the game, but loss, this year we get the job done
South Dakota W 42-10, Panthers should control this game easily
South Dakota St. W 28-20, we seem to have their number, hope that continues
Illinois St L 17-14, we have always struggled in Normal, and I see this as a hiccup
Youngstown- W 31-21, we get back to beating the Penguins
Missouri St. W 35-17, I think this is the last year for T.A. in Springfield, maybe he will come be an assistant at his alma-mater
Western W 42-10, Panthers finish regular season off in style

10-2 Conference Champs, first round bye, hopefully top 4 seed

xlolx

You give up TDs on a blocked punt and a 100 yd fumble return and posessed the ball for 26 minutes and you dominated?

You got beat in Carbondale like you always do. xcoffeex

Sam_Kats
August 5th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Kats lose to Texas A&M big and one more outside of Bowers Stadium (either UCA again in Conway or SFA in Reliant). Could see EWU winning in Huntsville but doubt those WR's get off like they did without Kaufman. Plus, Kat O will be the same personnel that hung 45 on them.

I'll say 10-2, 9-3 worst case.

frozennorth
August 5th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Sorry for picking on Montana, but I see you guys as somewhat similar to us in being a strong program coming off a bad year. UND has a competent (but institutionally undersupported) program, but UND and Montana are not 'strong programs' in the same sense of the word. Montana is a top-5 program, and has been for decades. UND was only in relatively brief periods a top-5 D2 program, and I don't think is currently a top-25 FCS program, though I think it easily could be if the higher-ups were more interested.

UND has been coming off bad years for the last 6 years. It's football team is so unappreciated that I doubt more than half the student body knows who Greg Hardin is, and he is only the team's best player and biggest name, and considering his personality would probably be a big star for most schools.

frozennorth
August 5th, 2013, 04:02 PM
I agree. But, you have to take into account the most corrupt officials in sport. SEC officials. They will do everything in their power to hand the game to Florida.

i remember florida-msu and alabama-tennessee well a few years ago. The Florida game includes the worst blown call I've ever seen, which was upheld on review.

geaux_sioux
August 5th, 2013, 04:43 PM
UND has a competent (but institutionally undersupported) program, but UND and Montana are not 'strong programs' in the same sense of the word. Montana is a top-5 program, and has been for decades. UND was only in relatively brief periods a top-5 D2 program, and I don't think is currently a top-25 FCS program, though I think it easily could be if the higher-ups were more interested.

UND has been coming off bad years for the last 6 years. It's football team is so unappreciated that I doubt more than half the student body knows who Greg Hardin is, and he is only the team's best player and biggest name, and considering his personality would probably be a big star for most schools.

There are many reasons that the football program took a step back after 2007. I think Faison supports football more than previous ADs and Kelley seems almost oblivious to all things athletics so I'm not sure he supports any team more than others. Maybe he like the womens golf team because of their gaudy GPA. UND was very very good from 1996 to 2007. It wasn't because of 'watered down' D2 as is evident by the win at #5 UNI in 2006. We'll be back. If not this year then next year.

Walkon79
August 6th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Monmouth - W under the lights for Gold Rush (Can't Wait!)
@SMU - L (but close until the 4th quarter)
Colorado Mesa - W
@SFA - L in a high soring affair, something like 45-42. They almost got us in Bozeman last year :(
@UND - W, but not 55-10 this time
NAU - W but only because we're home
@WSU - W (No home field advantage for a program in the dumpster)
UCD - W (See NAU)
@UNC - W but this one scares me. We haven't faired well in Greeley lately.
@EWU - L This will be for the conference title. We owe them one from last year but I predict a loss in overtime.
SUU - W (No Sorenson)
UM - W (The home field trend to end at some point)

9-3 and part of a 3-way tie for the BSC title once again, with EWU and CP. CP gets the auto-bid and 4 BSC teams get in, including the Griz.

The Cats get a first round game at home, and travel to NDSU in round two. Finally a chance to shut those guys up! :):)

MSUBobcat
August 6th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Colorado Mesa - W
@SFA - L in a high soring affair, something like 45-42. They almost got us in Bozeman last year :(
UCD - W (See NAU)
@EWU - L This will be for the conference title. We owe them one from last year but I predict a loss in overtime.
SUU - W (No Sorenson)

9-3 and part of a 3-way tie for the BSC title once again, with EWU and CP. CP gets the auto-bid and 4 BSC teams get in, including the Griz.

The Cats get a first round game at home, and travel to NDSU in round two. Finally a chance to shut those guys up! :):)

I hope you are right about NAU, but with the loss of Minter, Schreibeis and Owens to graduation, Grosulak to leaving the program and Moeakiola potentially not being back, at least at full speed, I'm worried about the ability to stop Bauman. Will know more by or after the SFA game.

achrist70
August 6th, 2013, 03:57 PM
xlolx

You give up TDs on a blocked punt and a 100 yd fumble return and posessed the ball for 26 minutes and you dominated?

You got beat in Carbondale like you always do. xcoffeex

You just reinforced my point

RichH2
August 6th, 2013, 06:37 PM
I dread doing this. LU won too many close games last yr. Expect few,if any, lopsided games this yr.

CCSU ugly close W
Monmouth repeat W
Princeton not again L
UNH rebound W
Fordham flop L
Columbia Decisive W
Hoyas 4th quarter W
Bucknell Close W
Cross Upset L
Gate Revenge W
Pards nailbiter W

8-3 tie with someone for PL title

darell1976
August 6th, 2013, 06:54 PM
Colorado Mesa - W
UCD - W (See NAU)
SUU - W (No Sorenson)

I think the UND-MSU game will come down to the final minutes like the UND-Montana game did last year. It should be a good game!!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
August 6th, 2013, 08:36 PM
I dread doing this. LU won too many close games last yr. Expect few,if any, lopsided games this yr.

CCSU ugly close W
Monmouth repeat W
Princeton not again L
UNH rebound W
Fordham flop L
Columbia Decisive W
Hoyas 4th quarter W
Bucknell Close W
Cross Upset L
Gate Revenge W
Pards nailbiter W

I just read a stat that says Lehigh has the 3rd best winning % in FCS over the last 15 years. They've averaged 8.6 wins per year in that time frame....

RichH2
August 6th, 2013, 08:46 PM
I know owl. LU hyping stat on video. This is not last yrs team. BB probably a better QB than Mike ,if not as ggod an athlete. OL will be key for O as we still lack real speed in backfield altho not at WR. Expect a Keating like O early in the season with hopefully more TOP. D will be very talented and fast but a smallish DL. Strength is at DEs we have lots of good ones. Can we stop run.. ILBs new Mitchell s/b OK probably best athlete among LBs. An iffy season, could be 11-0 could be 6-5

Pard4Life
August 6th, 2013, 08:49 PM

CCSU ugly close W
Monmouth repeat W
Princeton not again L
UNH rebound W
Fordham flop L
Columbia Decisive W
Hoyas 4th quarter W
Bucknell Close W
Cross Upset L
Gate Revenge W
Pards nailbiter W

My take:

CCSU no problemo W
Monmouth repeat W
Princeton not again L
UNH too strong L
Fordham Rams to Lehigh as Pards to Tigers W
Columbia Close, upset alert W
Hoyas no contest W
Bucknell Close W
Cross Upset L
Gate Gate not as strong as we think W
Pards nailbiter L

7-4, 5-2 in PL

Pard4Life
August 6th, 2013, 08:51 PM
Tried logging onto lehighsports.com/football and got this message..

404 Error
We're sorry, the page you are looking for cannot be found

Made my day!! :D xrotatehx

Pard4Life
August 6th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Ok, somebody ripped off the Pards... not too clever, but then again, the Fowl from the Mountain are not very bright...

Lehigh Football: Tradition, Passion, Pride

(see my signature)

Go Lehigh TU Owl
August 6th, 2013, 08:56 PM
My take:

CCSU no problemo W
Monmouth repeat W
Princeton not again L
UNH too strong L
Fordham Rams to Lehigh as Pards to Tigers W
Columbia Close, upset alert W
Hoyas no contest W
Bucknell Close W
Cross Upset L
Gate Gate not as strong as we think W
Pards nailbiter L

7-4, 5-2 in PL

I don't see Lehigh having a 1-2 finish since the bye is right before the HC game. Losing to the Crusaders after the bye, at home would be a really bad loss imo. It might be close but that's a game you simply must win.

Also, don't see a 2-3 home record....

That would be about as bad of a 7-4 record as you could have imo.

MSUBobcat
August 6th, 2013, 10:35 PM
I think the UND-MSU game will come down to the final minutes like the UND-Montana game did last year. It should be a good game!!

I think the UND-UM game comes down to a turnover by UND halfway through the 4th that allows the Griz, already leading, to take control. MSU will be up by 2 scores the entire 4th qtr.

Skyhawk71
August 7th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Tennessee-Martin (this one should make you strength of schedule advocates happy, I call it a terrible season)
@ #25 Tennessee-Chattanooga (L)
@ FBS #19 Boise State (L)
#6 Central Arkansas (L)
@ Southeast Missouri (W)
Jacksonville State (L)
@ Tennessee Tech (W)
Tennessee State (W)
@ Austin Peay (W)
Murray State (L)
@ Memphis (L)
@ #19 Eastern Kentucky (L)
#23 Eastern Illinois (L)

carney2
August 7th, 2013, 04:42 PM

CCSU ugly close W
Monmouth repeat W
Princeton not again L
UNH rebound W
Fordham flop L
Columbia Decisive W
Hoyas 4th quarter W
Bucknell Close W
Cross Upset L
Gate Revenge W
Pards nailbiter W

Your team, but the way I see it.

CCSU Cupcake No. 1. Yummy W
@ Monmouth Cupcake No. 2 does not go down as easily, but... W
@ Princeton Tigger is improving and thus begins 3 weeks of hell L
UNH Not a prayer. L
@ Fordham 4 years of schollies begin to tell L
@ Columbia Back to cupcakes W
Georgetown Hoyas on the decline W
@ Bucknell (Not) Close W
Holy Cross Easier than you expect W
@ Colgate I'm giving you the edge on the tundra in November to add drama to #149 W
Lafayette (149) It will be an exciting day L

A tie for the Patriot League championship, but the trophy and playoff bid goes to...

RichH2
August 7th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Your team, but the way I see it.

CCSU Cupcake No. 1. Yummy W
@ Monmouth Cupcake No. 2 does not go down as easily, but... W
@ Princeton Tigger is improving and thus begins 3 weeks of hell L
UNH Not a prayer. L
@ Fordham 4 years of schollies begin to tell L
@ Columbia Back to cupcakes W
Georgetown Hoyas on the decline W
@ Bucknell (Not) Close W
Holy Cross Easier than you expect W
@ Colgate I'm giving you the edge on the tundra in November to add drama to #149 W
Lafayette (149) It will be an exciting day L

A tie for the Patriot League championship, but the trophy and playoff bid goes to...

lol... certainly possible . Our game will be fun. Rams probably are deeper and more athletic than LU but think we'll edge them again.

Houndawg
August 7th, 2013, 05:33 PM
I think if we can make the bubble we'll have the strongest schedule among bubble teams.

@ Illinois - L
#19 EIU - W
Charleston (D2) - W
SEMO - W
#23 YSU -W
@ #7 SDSU - L
@ #15 UNI - L
#1 NDSU - L
@WIU -W
MSU -W
#10 ISU -L
@ISU - W

7-5 with a man's schedule. I like our chances to upset NDSU at homecoming if they come in undefeated. Unfortunately we're the only MVC team that doesn't get the gimme with the 'Yotes.

Walkon79
August 7th, 2013, 05:37 PM
I hope you are right about NAU, but with the loss of Minter, Schreibeis and Owens to graduation, Grosulak to leaving the program and Moeakiola potentially not being back, at least at full speed, I'm worried about the ability to stop Bauman. Will know more by or after the SFA game.

Granted we may not be as tough on D as in the past several years, at least early. I think we'll be fine by game 6. Be prepared for some shoot-outs and a Cardiac Cats type of season!

Fordham
August 7th, 2013, 06:04 PM
lol... certainly possible . Our game will be fun. Rams probably are deeper and more athletic than LU but think we'll edge them again.
First you pick us to beat you ... then carney gives you a small dose of gentle ribbing ... so your response to him is that you're now going to edge us out?!?!?

How did we catch shrapnel in that exchange? The correct way to talk smack in that exchange is to make fun of or otherwise rip on his school.

RichH2
August 7th, 2013, 06:13 PM
First you pick us to beat you ... then carney gives you a small dose of gentle ribbing ... so your response to him is that you're now going to edge us out?!?!?

How did we catch shrapnel in that exchange? The correct way to talk smack in that exchange is to make fun of or otherwise rip on his school.

LOL, still think we will beat you. 2nd yr of Morehead,I expect Rams to be very good. Good shot at an at large.

Oldschool Colonel
August 10th, 2013, 08:22 PM
With 22 returning starters, The Colonels will be better this season. We'll have 2 all SLC lineman returning that were out all of last season and several transfers sure to make an impact.

@ Oregon (L)
@ Western Michigan (L)
@ ULL or USL or U LA LA (whatever) (L)
Langston (W)
Arkansas Tech (W)
Northwestern St. (W)
@ SFA (L)
Mcneese (W)
@ Lamar (W)
@ Sam Houston (W) (just to piss off Nickels)
UCA (L)
@ SLU (W) (needed 4 fake punts and a fake fg to win last year, this year we'll be ready)

6 or 7 wins a good year in my book!

Southern Bison
August 10th, 2013, 09:07 PM
I think if we can make the bubble we'll have the strongest schedule among bubble teams.

@ Illinois - L
#19 EIU - W
Charleston (D2) - W
SEMO - W
#23 YSU -W
@ #7 SDSU - L
@ #15 UNI - L
#1 NDSU - L
@WIU -W
MSU -W
#10 ISU -L
@ISU - W

7-5 with a man's schedule. I like our chances to upset NDSU at homecoming if they come in undefeated. Unfortunately we're the only MVC team that doesn't get the gimme with the 'Yotes.

I can see y'all pulling 8-4 or perhaps even 9-3 with wins over ISUr and/or UNI and therefore, getting an at-large bid. NDSU is undefeated on the road for the past 2 years...that tradition won't be broken by the Salukis.

BEAR
August 10th, 2013, 11:06 PM
With 22 returning starters, The Colonels will be better this season. We'll have 2 all SLC lineman returning that were out all of last season and several transfers sure to make an impact.

@ Oregon (L)
@ Western Michigan (L)
Langston (W)
Arkansas Tech (W)
Northwestern St. (W)
@ SFA (L)
Mcneese (W)
@ Lamar (W)
UCA (L)
@ SLU (W) (needed 4 fake punts and a fake fg to win last year, this year we'll be ready)

Arky Tech.... Now that's a program with problems! Once so good...

Nickels
August 11th, 2013, 10:42 AM

@ Oregon (L)
@ Western Michigan (L)
Langston (W)
Arkansas Tech (W)
Northwestern St. (W)
@ SFA (L)
Mcneese (W)
@ Lamar (W)
UCA (L)

Piss me off? This is the first time I've literally ROFLed.

If your team gets it together, maybe you'll beat Lamar for the first time.xlolx

BlueHenSinfonian
August 11th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Jacksonville : Win. They may be the team to beat in the PFL, but it's still the PFL.
DelState : Win. There is never an option to lose to Del State.
@Navy - Loss. Maybe we could do it if we had another year of experience across the board, but the option will give us fits
Wagner - Win. Wagner is likely better than most people think, but they're still coming into the game with a scholarship disadvantage.
JMU - Win. Mickey is as cursed in Newark as we are in Durham.
@Maine - Win. They don't get to embarass us two years in a row. This year Cosgrove won't know what play we're running before each snap.
Albany - Win. Welcome to the CAA, we'll worry about you in another few years.
@URI - Win. URI @ URI is always perplexingly tough, and they manage to knock someone off every season who they shouldn't, but we'll handle this.
@Towson - Win. Most over-rated team in the conference.
W&M - Win. Down year for the Tribe.
Richmond - Win. We'll be coming in on a roll, this one will be close, but home field takes it.
@Nova - Loss. As much as I'd really love to take this one, I think Nova is the team to beat in the CAA this year.

Post-Season:

Make the playoffs, and either win or lose a close one in the quarter-finals.

crusader11
August 12th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Performed this exercise with my royal purple glasses on:

@ Bryant -- Win. Although, I am fearful of this game. Bryant ended last season winning four of their last five games.

vs. Towson -- Loss. Think HC puts up a fight. Also helps that Towson is breaking in a new QB and coming off an opening game at Connecticut.

@ Central Connecticut -- Win. A loss to CCSU and it could be a long season in the Woo.

vs. Monmouth -- Win. First Saturday night game in history at Fitton Field is a game that HC will win. Although, think this is a close one.

@ Dartmouth -- Win. So uneasy about this one and think it's a real toss-up.

vs. Harvard -- Loss. HC plays the Johnnies tough after last year's thrashing in Cambridge, but Harvard just a little too much in the end.

@ Bucknell -- Win. Think that HC will have one of the top offenses in the PL, but Bucknell will have perhaps the best defense. HC's defense > Bucknell's offense.

vs. Colgate -- Loss. HC always has trouble containing Colgate's rushing attack, and I don't see that changing this year.

vs. Lafayette -- Win. I know that carney2 will disagree with me (side note: Does he have a personal vendetta against HC and/or Gilmore? Always seems like he's got something against the Purple!), but HC wins this one at home.

@ Fordham -- Loss. If Fordham were eligible, I bet they'd win the league this year.

@ Lehigh -- Win. HC seems to always play well at Goodman, and Lehigh comes back to the pack in the PL this season.

vs. Georgetown -- Win. Hoyas had their moment in the PL, but I think it's safe to say that fleeting moment is gone and never to return (unless Georgetown goes the scholarship route).

8-4 overall and 4-1 in the PL.

skinny_uncle
August 12th, 2013, 09:04 PM

@ Illinois - L
#19 EIU - W
Charleston (D2) - W
SEMO - W
#23 YSU -W
@ #7 SDSU - L
@ #15 UNI - L
#1 NDSU - L
@WIU -W
MSU -W
#10 ISU -L
@ISU - W

I don't think 4-4 in conference would get us into the playoffs. It sure didn't work for Youngstown last year.

UNDBIZ
November 4th, 2013, 09:58 AM

xasswhipx
AD Faison forgot to fire Muss after the Sac St game.....xoopsxxbangxxstretchx

xbawlingx

JSUBison
November 4th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Idaho State is looking improved from last year. I can't remember the name of the coach, I think they call him Big Human, I wonder if he has a bit of Trent Miles Indiana State magic starting over there?

UNDBIZ
November 4th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Idaho State is looking improved from last year. I can't remember the name of the coach, I think they call him Big Human, I wonder if he has a bit of Trent Miles Indiana State magic starting over there?

Well they lost to UND so they must still be pretty bad.

Catbooster
November 4th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Mike Kramer - coached at EWU then MSU. He did a good job building the program at both schools. I think he's about their best shot to get it turned around, but he had far less to work with starting there than he did at Eastern or Bozeman, so I would expect it to be a slow process.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 4th, 2013, 11:53 AM
No Glasses. K-State should be the only loss but I wouldn't be surprised with the mid season 5th place team coming into the Dome and ****ing it all up.

Barring that, 10-1 3peat.

Dammit, already missed part of my prediction.

aces1180
November 4th, 2013, 11:53 AM
North Dakota

Playoff bound!!!!!!!

Best prediction ever!

NoDak 4 Ever
November 4th, 2013, 11:54 AM
North Dakota

Playoff bound!!!!!!!

Looks like you need to hold your record up to a mirror.

I always love these threads later on.

clenz
November 4th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Yep....not obsession with UND/darrell from Fargo/NDSU fans....at ****ing all....

NoDak 4 Ever
November 4th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Yep....not obsession with UND/darrell from Fargo/NDSU fans....at ****ing all....

Never mind that prediction was absurd. Geez, go back under the rock.

clenz
November 4th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Never mind that prediction was absurd. Geez, go back under the rock.
So....You'll call out every single absurd prediction on this 206 (ish before the non-obsession came out) post thread regardless of who posted it?

NoDak 4 Ever
November 4th, 2013, 01:56 PM
So....You'll call out every single absurd prediction on this 206 (ish before the non-obsession came out) post thread regardless of who posted it?

No, I just happened to go back to my own prediction and that one was under it. It was funny, that is all. I didn't search out Darell's post, I just happened across it and decided to comment. You know, on the message board for open conversation?

clenz
November 4th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Just so happened to be darrells...

Gotcha.

Skyhawk71
November 4th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Tennessee-Martin (this one should make you strength of schedule advocates happy, I call it a terrible season)
@ #25 Tennessee-Chattanooga (L)
@ FBS #19 Boise State (L)
#6 Central Arkansas (L)
@ Southeast Missouri (W)
Jacksonville State (L)
@ Tennessee Tech (W)
Tennessee State (W)
@ Austin Peay (W)
Murray State (L)
@ Memphis (L)
@ #19 Eastern Kentucky (L)
#23 Eastern Illinois (L)

Well, at worst the 'Hawks finish 6-6, I would like to thank UCA and UTC for the false sense of hope, still a young team that makes mistakes- should be better next year with a tougher schedule

chattanoogamocs
November 4th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Somewhere in here I picked the Mocs to go 8-4....they are 7-2 with 3 games left and the only games I picked wrong so far was a win vs UTM and loss vs ASU.

Mocs need to get 1 of the last 3 to make me look like I know what I am talking about...but I would love it if they proved me wrong and won 9.

aces1180
November 4th, 2013, 02:08 PM

I grew up in North Dakota as a Bison fan. I like making fun of UN_. So what?

My ex-gf's dad had a bumper sticker that read, "I cheer for two teams on Saturdays: The Bison and whoever is playing UN_."

I've always felt that way and will continue to do so.

I just found the prediction funny, as it was way off.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 4th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Just so happened to be darrells...

Gotcha.

Sorry, I should have made fun of your prediction instead?

clenz
November 4th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Sorry, I should have made fun of your prediction instead?
If you could have predicted the number of starters and people off of the 2 deep we'd lose to injury 5 games into the season.........well....****

Had this team stayed healthy I'd be looking real ****ing good right now with my prediction

Tealblood
November 4th, 2013, 02:19 PM
CCU

@ SC State W
H v. Furman W
@ Eastern Kentucky L
HV HAMPTON W
@ ELON W
H v. Gardner Webb W
@ Liberty L
H v. VMI W
H v. Charlotte W
@ Chas Southern W
H v. Presby W
@ USC L

9-3 with a playoff bid
get a few breaks at Eastern Kentucky or Liberty we win 10 and get a first round bye

Tealblood
November 4th, 2013, 02:20 PM
i think I pretty much nailed my prediction

got the breaks we needed at EKU and Liberty

NoDak 4 Ever
November 4th, 2013, 02:22 PM
If you could have predicted the number of starters and people off of the 2 deep we'd lose to injury 5 games into the season.........well....****

Had this team stayed healthy I'd be looking real ****ing good right now with my prediction

That's the problem. You don't go 2 deep everywhere.

clenz
November 4th, 2013, 02:31 PM
That's the problem. You don't go 2 deep everywhere.
The problem is we are down to our 5th option at about 4 or 5 spots....

SpeedkingATL
November 4th, 2013, 03:00 PM
I predict 10-2 or 9-3 for the Apps.

They will lose at Georgia and will lose one (possibly two) SoCon games against some combination of GaSo, Citdogs, Sammy, UTC, Furman and Wofford. Citdog game on the road will be a tough one but hopefully they will be overconfident after last year and the close comeback loss in 2011. Hopefully the Apps can handle Sammy and GaSo at The Rock. Furman will be improved and always plays tough at their place. Wofford has Ayers and is always tough.

I think they win a close opener at Montana and continue domination of WCU, Elon and NC A&T. I also don't expect a tight game against Chuck South.

I picked App to go 10-2 or 9-3. I must have dyslexia !!!!!!!!!!!

darell1976
November 4th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Looks like you need to hold your record up to a mirror.

I always love these threads later on.

I've gotten 3 right, wins against Valpo and ISU, and a loss to EWU. Doing this next season is going to be a breeze if Muss is still coach. What a total letdown. Not only is our defense bad our offense is just as bad. I would like to change my UNC and UC Davis predictions to losses. 2-9 baby!!!!

NoDak 4 Ever
November 4th, 2013, 03:20 PM
I'm changing my prediction to the following:

http://www.runnersworld.com/sites/default/files/files/2012/01/blue-undies_0.jpghttp://www.sclerodermasociety.co.uk/userfiles/feet-761353.jpghttp://www.nndb.com/people/419/000022353/42-3870-sm.jpg