PDA

View Full Version : Adam Bergen

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 10th, 2006, 06:59 PM
Lehigh's Adam Bergen had 2 catches including a TD reception in the Cards 34-27 win over the 49ers today. Congrats to Adam!! :hurray: :hurray:

ngineer
September 10th, 2006, 07:17 PM
Lehigh's Adam Bergen had 2 catches including a TD reception in the Cards 34-27 win over the 49ers today. Congrats to Adam!! :hurray: :hurray:

Great news to top off a great weekend. Bergen always had the 'hands' to be a top flight receiver. Only question was his ability to block at the NFL level and from what I've read, he's been working very hard at it. Although Lehigh as had a few players 'make' the NFL, in the last 20 years no one has been able achieve a role where they were making much of an impact. The last one to do so was probably Steve Kreider with his years as the #2 receiver behind Collingsworth at Cincinnati. Bergen has the chance to start making a name out there.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 10th, 2006, 11:12 PM
Great news to top off a great weekend. Bergen always had the 'hands' to be a top flight receiver. Only question was his ability to block at the NFL level and from what I've read, he's been working very hard at it. Although Lehigh as had a few players 'make' the NFL, in the last 20 years no one has been able achieve a role where they were making much of an impact. The last one to do so was probably Steve Kreider with his years as the #2 receiver behind Collingsworth at Cincinnati. Bergen has the chance to start making a name out there.

Congrats to Bergen, but you can't mention Lehigh guys in the pros without mentioning DE Rich Owens in the '90s. When healthy, he was a solid solid sack man for the Redskins and Dolphins. He wasn't Bruce Smith, but you could definitely call him an "impact guy".

dbackjon
September 11th, 2006, 03:06 PM

:hurray: :hurray: Indeed!! As a Cards fan, that was great to see!

Pard4Life
September 11th, 2006, 03:10 PM
Yeah I noticed that on the fantasy stat lines.. cool...

ngineer
September 11th, 2006, 08:00 PM
Congrats to Bergen, but you can't mention Lehigh guys in the pros without mentioning DE Rich Owens in the '90s. When healthy, he was a solid solid sack man for the Redskins and Dolphins. He wasn't Bruce Smith, but you could definitely call him an "impact guy".

You're right. I forgot about Rich Owens. He actually had several good years as a DE before injured.