PDA

View Full Version : Furman/West Ga

PaladinFan
September 9th, 2006, 05:37 PM
FU winning 2-0 after first quarter.

UWG Wolves come as advertised, horrible offense and a very good defense. Furman looks to be going through the motions right now.

PaladinFan
September 9th, 2006, 05:50 PM
Furman down 7-2 to UWG. Yet another fumble returned for an opponent TD.

FU's defense still yet to give up a td this season. The offense has given up 2.

Purple Pride
September 9th, 2006, 05:51 PM
What's the score again?

th0m
September 9th, 2006, 05:51 PM
You're just having some start-up problems 's all. You'll pick it up. You'd better, because you have to beat ASU later on in the season for us ;)

PaladinFan
September 9th, 2006, 05:53 PM
Ced Gipson 67 yrd TD run. Furman goes up 9-7

PaladinFan
September 9th, 2006, 05:55 PM
strike that, penalty on the pat, FU goes for two. Jerome Felton up the middle.

10-7 Paladins. That looks a lot better.

PaladinFan
September 9th, 2006, 06:02 PM
Defense going sack happy. Felton 4 carries for 35 yrds.

PaladinFan
September 9th, 2006, 06:12 PM
10-7 Furman at the half. Furman's defense has held UWG to 40 yrds on 25 plays.

JMU fans, I am feeling you with this D2 stuff. We are better than how we are playing.

Renaldo Gray is playing absolutely terrible. I won't be shocked to see Freshman Jordan Sorrells in the game before long.

PaladinFan
September 9th, 2006, 06:46 PM
Felton off tackle for a TD. Paladins came out no nonsense after the half and pounded the ball right down the field with Gipson and Felton.

17-7 good guys.

thirdgendin
September 9th, 2006, 06:55 PM
Furman forces a punt on UWG's next possession. I think it's time to play Sorrells if Gray doesn't find a better passing game.

PaladinFan
September 9th, 2006, 07:01 PM
Teams are going to load up on us inside unless we find a way to keep them honest.

PaladinFan
September 9th, 2006, 07:13 PM
Renaldo gray busts through for 6.

Furman goes up 24-7.

thirdgendin
September 9th, 2006, 07:15 PM
10:43 remaining in the 4th

thirdgendin
September 9th, 2006, 07:38 PM
West Georgia 7
Furman 24

Final

Very lackluster on offense. A shutout by the defense with UWG's only TD coming on a fumble return. That's 0 TDs allowed by the Furman D in two games thus far.

PaladinFan
September 9th, 2006, 07:42 PM
Furman win 24-7. Opposing offense has yet to reach the endzone against Furman defense.

Good trap game to get through. Eyes turn now to Chapel Hill.

fuEMO
September 9th, 2006, 10:59 PM
It should be an interesting game in Chapel Hill. Furman has looked very vanilla, I'm looking forward to see what Bobby has up his sleeve. In two games zero trick plays, zero new formations. Gray's injury came at a terrible time as far as timing and reps go. Sorrells timing looks better right now than Gray's but Gray has the upside. UNC has alot to think about. Most of it about themselves. I think Furman is catching them at the perfect time. Bunting has to get them all on the same page and not worry to much about Furman.

Mountaineer
September 9th, 2006, 11:03 PM
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Furman beats UNC. :nod: I was watching some of the game this afternoon (before heading out to watch ASU-JMU) and the Heels looked absolutely terrible. But they've looked pretty terrible for a few years now.

I'll definitely be pulling for ya'll. :eek: :rotateh:

FUOneTime
September 9th, 2006, 11:14 PM
The bad thing about both of our first two games is how poorly we played in the first half. It wasn't until Bobby got to chew some butt in the locker room at half of both games that we started clicking on offense. We can't afford to wait until halftime when we play UNC next week. We could easily be down 3+ scores before half.

I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one hoping they'd put Sorrells in. I was at the game, and I think I was the only one that stood up and clapped when he trotted on to the field. Too bad for him the RB dropped the hand-off on his first play. Other than that he looked good. Grey was over-throwing everything. He needs to get his act in gear before UNC. We can't afford to "try" him and plan to put Sorrells in if things go poorly.