PDA

View Full Version : CLENZ'S SECOND ANNUAL PICK 'EM EXTRAVAGANZA

Pages : 1 [2]

caribbeanhen
October 16th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Actually CLenz is dominating the field........ No wonder most everyone has tossed in the towel.....I think he has a subliminal advantage.

clenz
October 16th, 2013, 07:02 PM
I played I've other year and did the same thing in the regular season then fell apart in the playoffs like you wouldn't believe. I went from a 30 point lead to finishing 4th or5th...

I struggle in the playoffs because it's amazing how much I over think putting the point spread in compared to everyone else

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

813Jag
October 17th, 2013, 08:34 AM
still holding on to second place

mvemjsunpx
October 17th, 2013, 11:08 PM
There's an error on the form: Norfolk is actually hosting Hampton.

clenz
October 18th, 2013, 08:01 AM
I've gotten 31 submissions so far, 32 with mine. Still tone to get them in

MTfan4life
October 19th, 2013, 06:14 PM
I have picked so many upsets this season where the underdog was ahead double digits late and they lose the lead. (usually with Lehigh) There it goes again with Liberty choking against Coastal. xbangx

IBleedYellow
October 21st, 2013, 01:19 PM
Has clenz woken up from his Saturday coma yet?

MTfan4life
October 21st, 2013, 04:42 PM
Has clenz woken up from his Saturday coma yet?

You have noticed that he's in the process of moving, right?

Fear the Bird
October 21st, 2013, 05:40 PM
You have noticed that he's in the process of moving, right?

Pretty sure it was a tongue in cheek reference to UNI's implosion

MTfan4life
October 21st, 2013, 10:01 PM
Pretty sure it was a tongue in cheek reference to UNI's implosion

Lol, no kidding. However, this isn't a smack thread. As someone who does a lot of the FCS bracket challenge busy work, it's never really appealing to receive douche comments on the thread for being behind regardless of if it's a "tongue in cheek" joke or not. Keeping you guys updated with every thing is a process, and sometimes other aspects of life contribute towards the delay of updating everything. It's good to be considerate of that, at least on the pick-em thread.

clenz
October 21st, 2013, 10:13 PM
It's 10:15 PM.....I just got home from work and need to be out the door by 6AM....

Points aren't happening tonight...period. Games are going to be all that get done, and even that is pushing it. I'll let you know when that is up

darell1976
October 21st, 2013, 10:29 PM
It's 10:15 PM.....I just got home from work and need to be out the door by 6AM....

Points aren't happening tonight...period. Games are going to be all that get done, and even that is pushing it. I'll let you know when that is up

Thanks for the update!!

IBleedYellow
October 21st, 2013, 10:42 PM
Keep up the great work clenzy!

clenz
October 21st, 2013, 10:53 PM
I think I got them right...**** wasn't adding up in my head.

If they aren't up...****. Don't submit picks and just wait until I fix it tomorrow night. No mid-week games so you'll have time.

clenz
October 22nd, 2013, 05:09 PM
Okay...well...apparently I picked a Tuesday night game and miss it somehow...

The ULL/ASU game is thrown out...everyone gets it right

clenz
October 25th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Okay...I've been away from a computer most of the week. I realized there was an issue with the form but it wasn't a major issue affecting getting picks in.

There was two #28's....apparently I hit a wrong button on accident creating the form.

The BYU/BSU game is going to be thrown out due to me saying that I didn't have a mid week game, and the Iowa/NW game will count as the actual game #28. I apologize for the **** up....but...**** happens apparently.

I've gotten some PMs that the e-mail you got didn't have the Iowa/NW game listed on it, I have records of them on my landing form so you'll get proper credit.

I'll work on getting the form fixed...the e-mails may be down for next week though.

I apologize for the issues this week....this was simply me hurrying through and not taking just a second or two longer to double check things one more time. Complete **** up on me.

Also, only got 27 submissions this week so far.....so starts the separation.xlolx

caribbeanhen
October 25th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Clenz meet Hensrock and Hensrock meet Clenz

MTfan4life
October 25th, 2013, 11:27 PM
The BYU/BSU game is going to be thrown out due to me having picked Boise State.

FIFY ;)

darell1976
October 26th, 2013, 01:19 AM
I hope I got my submission in time.

clenz
October 28th, 2013, 02:23 PM
My Boise pick had nothing to do with it...I called that game illegal before BYU had a chance to run away with it...lol

I need help this week...I hate doing this but help.

I'll get the new games up asap but need help with totals from the last two weeks. If someone wants count the correct picks the last two weeks abs pm that to me it would be awesome. I have no computer this week...Only my phone...maybe I'll get lucky and get a real computer late in the week.

Picks may not be up till tomorrow...ill keep you updated

Fear the Bird
October 28th, 2013, 02:35 PM
My Boise pick had nothing to do with it...I called that game illegal before BYU had a chance to run away with it...lol

I need help this week...I hate doing this but help.

I'll get the new games up asap but need help with totals from the last two weeks. If someone wants count the correct picks the last two weeks abs pm that to me it would be awesome. I have no computer this week...Only my phone...maybe I'll get lucky and get a real computer late in the week.

Picks may not be up till tomorrow...ill keep you updated

I got you for week 8 shortly - may not get to week 9 until tomorrow if somebody wants to pick that up

Fear the Bird
October 28th, 2013, 08:58 PM
And week 9 now complete and sent to your inbox

ursus arctos horribilis
October 28th, 2013, 11:21 PM
clenz, don't know if sheet is supposed to be on or off but I turned it off while making repairs and you need to make some changes as prescribed in pm's anyway. It's off until you deem it ready.

clenz
October 30th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Sheet is back on.

I need EVERYONE to submit picks now, including if you already did. I have copies of the picks that those had submitted already did, but would like you to resubmit anyone.

I know this adds a time crunch, but I'll extend the 9AM deadline to accommodate.

MSUBobcat
October 30th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Clenz,

Thanks for doing this every week. I'm sure its a huge time consuming activity. When is the deadline for this week's picks? The first game pick 'em this week states, "You can type something here" for the heading and both choices. I'd assume it should be for #2 EIU v. Tenn Tech with EIU as the first choice, as that is the format for other picks, but I just want to be sure. Another minor point, both game 8 & 9 have SHSU v SFA at Reliant Stadium in the heading, though the choices for game 9 are correct (MSU @ UNC).

ursus arctos horribilis
October 30th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Clenz,

Thanks for doing this every week. I'm sure its a huge time consuming activity. When is the deadline for this week's picks? The first game pick 'em this week states, "You can type something here" for the heading and both choices. I'd assume it should be for #2 EIU v. Tenn Tech with EIU as the first choice, as that is the format for other picks, but I just want to be sure. Another minor point, both game 8 & 9 have SHSU v SFA at Reliant Stadium in the heading, though the choices for game 9 are correct (MSU @ UNC).

Yeah clenzy, that was the only change I made in the list and it was just for your instructive purposes. I included it in a pm I sent but there was so much back & forth it may have got missed. I had sent a picture explaining it but you already knew that anyway it appears. Change that first one back and we are ready to go.

clenz
October 30th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Okay....fixed yet a-****ing-gain.

Right now I'm officially homeless. My house in Cedar Falls has been closed on but I have yet to close on my new house. Right now my wife, 7 month old daughter, dog, and myself are sharing the 12x12 bedroom at my in-laws house that my wife grew up in.....Yeah.....

Someday I'll get my life in order...

dbackjon
October 30th, 2013, 05:18 PM

Right now I'm officially homeless. My house in Cedar Falls has been closed on but I have yet to close on my new house. Right now my wife, 7 month old daughter, dog, and myself are sharing the 12x12 bedroom at my in-laws house that my wife grew up in.....Yeah.....

Do we need to resubmit? I picked the first button, assuming it was for EIU

clenz
October 30th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Nah...I was about to get PM's out to you guys. I'll get you down for EIU.....I'm assuming everyone is going to be an EIU pick, but there could be one dumb ****er....I mean dumb ****....I mean possible genius...xlolx

Bisonator
October 30th, 2013, 07:17 PM

xlolx

clenz
October 31st, 2013, 08:06 PM
Okay...starting to play with how the playoff bracket will be set up this year....

Mostly, trying to find a better way to do it than last year...last year worked but was a pain.

I'm looking for about 5-10 volunteers to be my beta testers. I'm putting a sheet together with some different options I want to test and see what people thing works best/makes most sense.

I'll take more than 10 beta testers, but a smaller number of people is easier to manager on my end. I have some guys in mind I want to be involved in it, but I'll see who wants to be involved first. It will only take you a matter of 10-15 minutes to see which you like and give me your input. Hell, the sheet will probably take less time than reading the instructions I'll send you

clenz
October 31st, 2013, 08:08 PM
I'd also like it to be someone who did the playoffs last season and remembers the form/scoring (for the most part) from last season.

Send me a PM if interested please. I'd like a PM by Sunday night so I can get it to you and in place in the next two weeks or so.

clenz
October 31st, 2013, 08:55 PM
3 beta's in so far...well 2 volunteers and one forced...xlolx

I think getting closer to 10 would be just find...more is okay as well as I look at how the beta set up

clenz
October 31st, 2013, 08:58 PM
As for this weeks picks - we are low as we are only at about 26 submissions. I'm giving until kick off of the first game this week due to my screw ups - I know it's only a couple more hours but whatever.

Those of you who had the "you can type something there" option for #1 I'm going to give you all EIU as the pick unless you REALLY want Tennessee StTeatche...I don't remember which one. It's a unanimous selection for EIU so far and will likely end that way.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 31st, 2013, 09:37 PM
I'd also like it to be someone who did the playoffs last season and remembers the form/scoring (for the most part) from last season.

Send me a PM if interested please. I'd like a PM by Sunday night so I can get it to you and in place in the next two weeks or so.

clenzy, I can look tomorrow and try and help with some ideas. MTFan was fairly invaluable in helping with the playoff brackets the last couple of years and if he has some time would probably be a good source of some insight on this.

Editing and fixing some audio tonight so short on the time necessary that this will require.

clenz
October 31st, 2013, 11:01 PM
I don't need the sheet back tonight - though I did get a couple back already.

There's about a month before the playoffs so I have some time, but that's why I started now - to have the time.

With the way the docs form is set up it's fairly restricted to what I can do/know how to do, but just wanted some opinions on what route to take.

clenz
October 31st, 2013, 11:15 PM
This could get interesting...and I may bring it to the board to debate. I see it coming down to two options, and so far I've gotten to polar opposite opinions on it....

xlolx

BisonFan02
October 31st, 2013, 11:18 PM
This could get interesting...and I may bring it to the board to debate. I see it coming down to two options, and so far I've gotten to polar opposite opinions on it....

xlolx

xlolx RUMBLE IN THE JUNGLE! I'm ready to throw down.

Bisonator
November 1st, 2013, 07:13 AM
Try and get the totals updated when you have some alone time in your 12x12 cell Clenz! :D

clenz
November 1st, 2013, 08:06 PM
Okay...

Totals from last 2 weeks added, finally.

Only 27 picks this week so far...separation is about to happen folks.

mvemjsunpx missed last week and fell from 3rd to 26th

MSUBobcat
November 1st, 2013, 11:07 PM
Okay...

Damn. I'm in (a distant) 4th place. Clenz, only 25 people haven't missed a week, so with 27 people in already it doesn't necessarily mean any significant separation, assuming all 25 didn't pull an "mvemjsunpx" (who is still only 1 game behind Ursus, who hasn't missed any weeks xlolx only kidding Ursusxpeacex).

mvemjsunpx
November 2nd, 2013, 02:07 AM
Okay...

I did pick last week.

I have the confirmation e-mail to prove it (PM'd it to you).

clenz
November 4th, 2013, 01:58 PM
So...no wifi again this week so I'm hoping to get this done real quick at Panera right meow.

I'll let you know when it's up...probably by 3 central today...

clenz
November 4th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Okay...this weeks picks are open

mvemjsunpx
November 6th, 2013, 08:48 PM
There's an error on the form: you have last week's Charleston Southern/Presbyterian game on there.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 7th, 2013, 11:45 PM
Don't know what's happening with the error but picked CSU in at least one game.

clenz
November 12th, 2013, 09:55 PM
Day late....and much more than a dollar short this week.

Oh ****ing well. Game is up and no mid week games that I could find.

Hopefully I can get the scores updated tomorrow.

I'm so sorry for the delay the past couple weeks. The way my better half and I have been forced to move has been complete ****ing hell. We finally got in our house on 11/2 but didn't have cable or internet until 11/9. We also had only a bed, a recliner, and the cushions off of a our couch that first week. We had to put everything except that in storage until we could get a day to get help to actually move. Long story short all of our **** is in our house....somewhere...in a box....hopefully xlolx. Couple that with me now working 6 days a week to keep my boss of my ass and I promise to get better before playoffs....mostly because I plan on having a job that is M-F and not working until 9-10PM those 6 days

clenz
November 12th, 2013, 10:45 PM
Week 10 totals completed...

Those with at least 210 correct picks after week 10

Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5
Week 6
Week 7
Week 8
Week 9
Week 10
Week 11
Week 12
AQ/AL/NC
1st Round
2nd Round
Quarters
Semis
Championship
Total
Games Back

clenz
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

813jag
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

mvemjsunpx
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Bisonator
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

ming01
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

MSUBobcat
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

UMaineD
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Nickels
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

clenz
November 13th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Week 11 totals are updated....

813 missed week 11 and it gave me a HUGE lead...on paper....which is the key part. He fell from a season long top 3 (majority top 2) to 18th

Here is those with at least 70% correct on the season.

Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5
Week 6
Week 7
Week 8
Week 9
Week 10
Week 11
Week 12
AQ/AL/NC
1st Round
2nd Round
Quarters
Semis
Championship
Total
Games Back
Avg %

clenz
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
77%

mvemjsunpx
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
71%

Bisonator
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
70%

Nickels
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
70%

MSUBobcat
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
70%

Go Apps

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
70%

ming01
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
70%

Notice that on the far right I added an average correct column. That includes every single week, even if you missed. It would be interesting to see how a full season of participation averaged out to a full season of picks...melloware13 is a perfect example of this. He has had 3 top weekly scores but has missed 3 weeks. If I take his average correct over the times he's submitted picks and project that into the three weeks he is at 231 points, and if he gets the average for the week he missed he is at 232.

clenz
November 13th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Okay, the playoff scoring system is set. Thank you to those who have your input on it.

The way it will work will be based on confidence scores. Here is a link to the beta sheet that I had for it. Feel free to look and play on it....this has a confidence of 10 but I'm going with 5 as 10 creates too large of a point swing up and down
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?usp=drive_web&formkey=dDJHWlhmMU5aV084TnRLbThvWUFTY3c6MA#gid=0

Scoring will work like this:
-Each round will have 16 points available from games. First and Second round games will each be worth 2 (since there are 8 games) the Quarters worth 4, Semi's worth 8, and the NC game worth 16.
- With each game you will pick your confidence level on a scale of 1-5. A confidence of 1 is the least confident and a pick of 5 is the most confident. The confidence score determines how many bonus points you get...AND HOW MANY YOU CAN LOSE IF WRONG. Yep, this year I'm bringing the penalty into play. Confidence scoring is as follows:
1: no bonus points earned or lost
2: 1 bonus point earned or lost
3: 2 bonus points earned or lost
4: 3 bonus points earned or lost
5: 4 bonus points earned or lost

By doing this it's going to test the hoden of each player and create some interesting weeks. That means the first two rounds have 48 points possible (6 per game), quarters have 32 points possible (8 per game), semi's have 24 (12 per game), and the national title game has 20 points possible 20 (20 for the game).

That means just because I have a 20 point lead now I can easily fall WAY BEHIND come playoffs. There are 124 points possible in the playoffs, and with the ability to lose that many as well.

BisonFan02
November 13th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Assuming we are going to have a Week 13 too right?

clenz
November 13th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Yeah...just haven't added it to the sheet yet...xlolx

To be honest, I didn't even think about it/notice that until last night when I was doing totals.xoopsx

BisonFan02
November 13th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Yeah...just haven't added it to the sheet yet...xlolx

To be honest, I didn't even think about it/notice that until last night when I was doing totals.xoopsx

xlolx .... happens. I had to look at it twice today and figure it out. Didn't come to mind until I remembered we had another home game against USD still after this weekend.

ming01
November 14th, 2013, 01:00 AM
in week 10 you have MVSU beating Grambling. Grambling won

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 16th, 2013, 07:41 PM
I was traveling and forgot to make my picks...ugh...

clenz
November 16th, 2013, 11:25 PM
Starting to color code the post season picks.....

Way too many teams between 6 and 8 wins right now that will finish on the bubble...damn

clenz
November 17th, 2013, 10:47 AM
So....not a single person correctly picked SELA to win the SLC.

I think that is the first time I've ever seen a conference go 100% incorrect. Wow

clenz
November 17th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Only 2 people had SELA as even an AL team - rabidrabbit and ming01...

I honestly can't remember a team being that good after being that low preseason in this game.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 17th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Only 2 people had SELA as even an AL team - rabidrabbit and ming01...

I honestly can't remember a team being that good after being that low preseason in this game.

Well I'd bet SHSU was much that same way weren't they? They sort of came from nowhere in 2010 too. Maybe not on your game but that is as close as I could come if I were guessing.

clenz
November 17th, 2013, 01:17 PM
I'm not sure I have records of that far back...I'll do some looking

IBleedYellow
November 17th, 2013, 02:11 PM
How about NDSU in 2010? No one really thought we'd come out that year after the abysmal 2009 season.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 17th, 2013, 02:19 PM
How about NDSU in 2010? No one really thought we'd come out that year after the abysmal 2009 season.

Good point but NDSU wasn't nearly as much a surprise that year as SHSU was and there were more likly some NDSU fans thinking they might take the conference than SHSU fans is sort of what I was looking at. You guys had made it into the field and played tough so not really as surprising or hard to predict as SHSU.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 17th, 2013, 02:20 PM

Wait a minute are you referring to 2008 or am I mixing the years up?

clenz
November 17th, 2013, 03:52 PM
NDSU 2008 6-5
2009 3-8
2010- 9-5 (7-4 regular season)

I'm assuming he's talking about that year.

The turn around from 09-10 was decent but nothing quite like the under the radar thing like this. NDSU finished the regular season 6-4 in the FCS...but really started to peak at the end of the season.

When only 2 people pick a team to even qualify for the playoffs and they end up winning the autobid before the last week of the regular season is....unheard of in this game because of the intelligence of the participants.

clenz
November 17th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Okay guys...I know there is one more regular season week but I wanted to give you a heads up on what the playoffs system is going to actually look like as the look has changed some for the beta testers.

Here is a screen shot of what the form will look like: click to enlarge

On the left is what the empy form looks like. You'll pick the winner just like you have all season. The change comes in picking a confidence for the game. On the right you'll see that there is a drop down to select that. You pick 1-5. 1 is least confident and results in no bonus points gained but no penalty points if wrong. 5 is the most confident. It results in 4 bonus points if correct as well as 4 penalty points if incorrect. You'll do that for each game.

clenz
November 18th, 2013, 11:34 PM
The final weeks regular season picks will be up tomorrow night....I'm overwhelmed with bull**** paper work from my ****ty job that I'm leaving right now...I'm moving into a M-F 7A-330P job start in December though, so that will be nice...but it will be from an actual office not from home so less posting from me - sad I know.

Anyway...I'm posting the playoff form this week as well to test any bugs on it. PLEASE go to it and fill it out however you want. This won't count for anything but helping it be smoother next week

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Qa4pruCEIGf4ocNqQg0O9nqifAq1ZKh2CmzMQYXYPTQ/viewform

ursus arctos horribilis
November 19th, 2013, 12:10 AM
The final weeks regular season picks will be up tomorrow night....I'm overwhelmed with bull**** paper work from my ****ty job that I'm leaving right now...I'm moving into a M-F 7A-330P job start in December though, so that will be nice...but it will be from an actual office not from home so less posting from me - sad I know.

Anyway...I'm posting the playoff form this week as well to test any bugs on it. PLEASE go to it and fill it out however you want. This won't count for anything but helping it be smoother next week

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Qa4pruCEIGf4ocNqQg0O9nqifAq1ZKh2CmzMQYXYPTQ/viewform

I thought you were going to actually edit this form and just use this weeks contestants as the faux playoff field to test it? No matter just figure testing the whole Enchilada from start to finish was the idea? I can go change the team names if you want to give ne ti as well?

clenz
November 19th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Does it matter if the team names are changed?

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk

ursus arctos horribilis
November 19th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Does it matter if the team names are changed?

I guess we've never had probs with that before. xlolx

I just wanted to run through the whole process once to see if there was anything as far as glitches, things landing exactly correctly, etc. and I guess if using the same two teams does that for you then good enough.xthumbsupx

clenz
November 19th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Last regular season sheet is up and live!

"Congrats to the regular season champion CLENZ!"

"Why thank you, clenz, for congratulating me...Seems premature though since the last weeks games have happened yet, does it not?"

"Normally yes, that would be the case. However, unless you don't submit picks and mvemjsunpx gets at least 23 correct you win the regular season."

"Damn, I owned bitches didn't I"

"You sure had a pretty gangster season so far"

http://weknowgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/damn-it-feels-good-to-be-a-gansta.gif

BisonFan02
November 19th, 2013, 02:20 PM

"Why thank you, clenz, for congratulating me...Seems premature though since the last weeks games have happened yet, does it not?"

"Normally yes, that would be the case. However, unless you don't submit picks and mvemjsunpx gets at least 23 correct you win the regular season."

http://weknowgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/damn-it-feels-good-to-be-a-gansta.gif

xlolx Got the paint cans out already?

Bisonator
November 19th, 2013, 02:24 PM

Yeah well the "real" season is about to begin! xblehx

ursus arctos horribilis
November 19th, 2013, 02:25 PM
xlolx

What a dick.

clenz
November 19th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Yeah well the "real" season is about to begin! xblehx
Psssh...

I'm a UNI fan, I only care about the regular season titles....duh

Bisonator
November 19th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Psssh...

I'm a UNI fan, I only care about the regular season titles....duh

xlolx Sorry I almost forgot! xthumbsupx

BisonFan02
November 19th, 2013, 02:33 PM
6b. For each team you correctly pick to be in the national title game you'll get 5 points. You'll also get 5 bonus points if you correctly pick the champion. You can earn up to 15 extra points from this.

Clenz....who ya got? :D

clenz
November 19th, 2013, 02:34 PM
6b. For each team you correctly pick to be in the national title game you'll get 5 points. You'll also get 5 bonus points if you correctly pick the champion. You can earn up to 15 extra points from this.

Clenz....who ya got? :D
Doesn't matter...I plan on being out of reach at that point....

BisonFan02
November 19th, 2013, 02:42 PM
That was the one time I'll allow myself to be a homer all season....also I will pick UNI every single week no matter who we are playing this year.

NDSU still gets me 5 points if they get to the chipper...so I played it smart.

Also, yes that may be my dream way to win the title game since a rematch with Appy is gone.

I'd also accept beating Montana and/or Delaware as "dream" situations.

Bold strategy Cotton

clenz
November 19th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Bold strategy Cotton
Worked for me so far thus season...

ming01
November 20th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Okay guys...I know there is one more regular season week but I wanted to give you a heads up on what the playoffs system is going to actually look like as the look has changed some for the beta testers.

Here is a screen shot of what the form will look like: click to enlarge

On the left is what the empy form looks like. You'll pick the winner just like you have all season. The change comes in picking a confidence for the game. On the right you'll see that there is a drop down to select that. You pick 1-5. 1 is least confident and results in no bonus points gained but no penalty points if wrong. 5 is the most confident. It results in 4 bonus points if correct as well as 4 penalty points if incorrect. You'll do that for each game.

dont confidence points work whatever you rank the game as thats the amount you get if correct?

clenz
November 20th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Yes and no....

This is confidence in each game, not which you think compared to the rest of the games.

mvemjsunpx
November 21st, 2013, 07:59 PM
Did my picks go through yesterday? I never got a confirmation email.

BisonFan02
November 21st, 2013, 08:03 PM
Not sure if mine made it either...just sent in another one.

ElCid
November 21st, 2013, 09:58 PM
I never got an e-mail either. Did you get them?

ursus arctos horribilis
November 21st, 2013, 10:39 PM
I don't know if clenz was doing these manually and just didn't enter the info. or if something else changed on the form but I just went and sent them all manually to those submitted so go check them now.

gotts
November 21st, 2013, 10:45 PM
I don't know if clenz was doing these manually and just didn't enter the info. or if something else changed on the form but I just went and sent them all manually to those submitted so go check them now.

Thanks. E-mail confirmation just arrived.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 21st, 2013, 10:50 PM
Yeah, wierd cuz I don't know if this just didn't have the option selected to send it upon submission but I went and fixed that so it should now for anyone that submits.

mvemjsunpx
November 21st, 2013, 11:19 PM
Yeah, I got mine too. Thanks.

BisonFan02
November 21st, 2013, 11:33 PM
Got mine too!

IBleedYellow
November 22nd, 2013, 12:09 AM
I'm golden, got my email.

Catbooster
November 22nd, 2013, 03:02 AM
In, but late. The Southeastern Louisiana game is over.

clenz
November 23rd, 2013, 10:23 PM
Final regular season totals are completed.

4 people waited until week 13 to miss their first week...killer. 18 picks didn't miss a week this year....all 18 of them finished in the top 19. The one that missed and finished a head of someone who did every week missed only 1 week *week 13* and was in 3rd place prior to missing.

6 more missed only 1 week, and they finished the next 6 in the standings

There were 12,900 games picked this season with 8,500 correctly picked for an average 65.89%....yeah, your welcome for correcting 13k games...xlolx

Final regular season standings in table form

Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5
Week 6
Week 7
Week 8
Week 9
Week 10
Week 11
Week 12
Week 13
Total
Games Back

clenz
-

mvemjsunpx

Go Apps

Bisonator

ming01

MSUBobcat

UMaineD

ElCid

BisonFan02

Fear the Bird

gotts

caribbeanhen

catbooster

NDSUstudent

MTfan4life

ursus arctos horribilis

IBleedYellow

Nickels
----

Southern Bison

Skyhawk71
----

footballer23
----

LeadBolt
----

Go Lehigh TU Owl
----

UNHFAN@RWU
----

darell1976
----

putter
----
----

813jag
----
----
----

rabidrabbit
----
----

melloware13
----
----
----

dbackjon
----
----
----

WeAreNorthDakota
----
----
----
----
----

JMUfan999
----
----
----
----
----
----
----

WrenFGun
----
----
----
----
----
----
----

bjtheflamesfan
----
----
----
----
----
----
----

Screamin_Eagle174
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----

bojeta
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----

Lehigh'98
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----

Vitojr130
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----

RichH2
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----

SUPharmacist
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----

DJKyR0
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----

clenz
November 24th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Totals from the AQ picks...

SUPharmacist

DJKyR0

gotts

melloware13

clenz

MSUBobcat

NDSUstudent

Screamin_Eagle174

catbooster

darell1976

IBleedYellow

mvemjsunpx

Nickels

UMaineD

Fear the Bird

MTfan4life

dbackjon

footballer23

putter

Bisonator

caribbeanhen

Go Apps

RichH2

WeAreNorthDakota

JMUfan999

UNHFAN@RWU

Southern Bison

ursus arctos horribilis

813jag

DA BEAR

rabidrabbit

BisonFan02

Lehigh'98

Skyhawk71

WrenFGun

bojeta

ElCid

ming01

bjtheflamesfan

Go Lehigh TU Owl

AL to be totaled next

clenz
November 24th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Totals for the AL picks

clenz

melloware13

RichH2

Screamin_Eagle174

dbackjon

Go Lehigh TU Owl

Lehigh'98

ming01

MSUBobcat

813jag

Go Apps

IBleedYellow

bjtheflamesfan

bojeta

catbooster

Nickels

MTfan4life

rabidrabbit

Skyhawk71

WrenFGun

Bisonator

BisonFan02

caribbeanhen

Fear the Bird

mvemjsunpx

UMaineD

DJKyR0

Southern Bison

SUPharmacist

NDSUstudent

JMUfan999

UNHFAN@RWU

WeAreNorthDakota

DA BEAR

ElCid

footballer23

darell1976

putter

gotts

ursus arctos horribilis

clenz
November 24th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Total points for the AQ/AL rounds by total

melloware13

clenz

Screamin_Eagle174

MSUBobcat

SUPharmacist

IBleedYellow

catbooster

dbackjon

Nickels

RichH2

DJKyR0

Go Apps

MTfan4life

mvemjsunpx

UMaineD

813jag

Fear the Bird

Lehigh'98

NDSUstudent

Bisonator

ming01

caribbeanhen

rabidrabbit

bojeta

gotts

Skyhawk71

WrenFGun

Go Lehigh TU Owl

Southern Bison

BisonFan02

bjtheflamesfan

darell1976

footballer23

JMUfan999

UNHFAN@RWU

WeAreNorthDakota

putter

DA BEAR

ElCid

ursus arctos horribilis

clenz
November 24th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Totals and standings are completed through the AQ/AL points.

Please double check my work on this one. It's pretty easy to just highlight a team the wrong color without noticing. That can make a difference

clenz
November 24th, 2013, 04:41 PM
.....BrInG iT B*TcHeS!!!!! :D

You think you are gonna retain status Playa?

HOF

Interesting.....I thinkt he bitches brought it this year playaxlolx

clenz
November 24th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Okay. The playoff form is live!

Cut off will be kick 9AM November 30.

If you have questions on how the scoring works read the first post of this thread (you can get there quickly through the first link in my sig)

BisonFan02
November 24th, 2013, 06:48 PM
Interesting.....I thinkt he bitches brought it this year playaxlolx

I will find my Rocky gif later..... :D

ElCid
November 24th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Totals and standings are completed through the AQ/AL points.

Please double check my work on this one. It's pretty easy to just highlight a team the wrong color without noticing. That can make a difference

Ouch! That hurt bad. Guess I will be going with 5's every game to catch up.

clenz
November 26th, 2013, 09:20 AM
So....you all do realize that the form IS open, right?

BisonFan02
November 26th, 2013, 10:03 AM

I'm watching game film. :D

Bisonator
November 26th, 2013, 11:40 AM
What's the hurry man? It's only Tuesday and someone could get injured eating the turkey on Thanksgiving! :D

ursus arctos horribilis
November 26th, 2013, 12:25 PM
What's the hurry man? It's only Tuesday and someone could get injured eating the turkey on Thanksgiving! :D

No doubt. I remember one Thanksgiving when my brother got injured trying to take a second Turkey Leg.

That one was mine and he knew it!

Bisonator
November 26th, 2013, 12:34 PM
No doubt. I remember one Thanksgiving when my brother got injured trying to take a second Turkey Leg.

That one was mine and he knew it!

xlolx

clenz
November 26th, 2013, 03:06 PM

The hurry is I know it's a holiday...so that means people will be gone starting tomorrow.

Mist people are usually in by Tuesday night as well

darell1976
November 26th, 2013, 03:51 PM
All done.

ElCid
November 29th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Almost forgot. But got er done.

BisonFan02
November 29th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Done.....All in! :D

mvemjsunpx
November 30th, 2013, 10:18 PM
6-2 for the first round, which is just OK, but both my misses had the minimum confidence rating.

BisonFan02
November 30th, 2013, 10:21 PM
7-1 first round....max confidence :D

clenz
November 30th, 2013, 10:22 PM
Yet I'm still going to walk out of round 1 with the lead

mvemjsunpx
November 30th, 2013, 10:31 PM
Yet I'm still going to walk out of round 1 with the lead

You would've had to do real bad not to. xcoffeex

clenz
November 30th, 2013, 10:40 PM
It's all about playing the safe play for me right now...high confidence points on the obvious ones and very conservative on the others...28-30 per week will give me the title unless one of you ****s goes for 40 a week

ElCid
November 30th, 2013, 11:07 PM
7-1 first round....max confidence :D

Me too and I changed JSU to Samford at the last minute! Stupid!

BisonFan02
November 30th, 2013, 11:14 PM
Me too and I changed JSU to Samford at the last minute! Stupid!

Exact same thing I did...that's what I get for trusting the SoCon over an OVC team! :D The only JSU game I caught any of was the EIU game and they looked like garbage until EIU took their foot off of the gas a bit.

darell1976
December 1st, 2013, 01:56 AM
I also was 7-1. Lost the NAU game.

RabidRabbit
December 1st, 2013, 07:04 AM
xsmhxxsmhx Rabbit stomped in my picks. xbadx

Oh well, the important part, JACKRABBIT WON! xthumbsupx

clenz
December 1st, 2013, 09:58 AM
This confidence system is/was clearly the right system. There are people who finished with the same win loss record but huge discrepancies in points to those willing to gamble

clenz
December 2nd, 2013, 10:10 PM
Round 2 picks are open

BisonFan02
December 2nd, 2013, 10:18 PM
Round 2 picks are open

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgSMxY6asoE :D

ursus arctos horribilis
December 2nd, 2013, 10:25 PM
Round 2 picks are open

Samford is playing Jax St. again? Sorry McNeese!

mvemjsunpx
December 2nd, 2013, 10:36 PM
So how does the scoring work, exactly? I have 30 points listed for the first round, but adding everything up only results in 22. xconfusedx

BisonFan02
December 2nd, 2013, 10:40 PM
So how does the scoring work, exactly? I have 30 points listed for the first round, but adding everything up only results in 22. xconfusedx

Confidence points?

clenz
December 2nd, 2013, 10:52 PM

SCSU
CCU
UNH
SHSU
NAU
JSU
Fordham
TSU

Each correct pick worth 2

SCSU - wrong but no lost points due to a confidence of 1 - 0 points
CCU - correct plus 2 bonus - 4 points
UNH - correct plus 4 bonus - 10 points
SHSU - correct plus 3 bonus - 15 points
NAU - incorrect but lost none - 15 points
JSU - correct plus 1 bonus - 18 points
Fordham - correct plus 4 bonus - 24 points
TSU - correct plus 4 bonus - 30 points

What are you confused on. I'm here to explain.

clenz
December 2nd, 2013, 10:55 PM
Straight from the rules post

Each round will have 16 points available from games. First and Second round games will each be worth 2 (since there are 8 games) the Quarters worth 4, Semi's worth 8, and the NC game worth 16. With each game you will pick your confidence level on a scale of 1-5. A confidence of 1 is the least confident and a pick of 5 is the most confident. The confidence score determines how many bonus points you get...AND HOW MANY YOU CAN LOSE IF WRONG. Confidence scoring is as follows:
1: no bonus points earned or lost
2: 1 bonus point earned or lost
3: 2 bonus points earned or lost
4: 3 bonus points earned or lost
5: 4 bonus points earned or lost

... That means the first two rounds have 48 points possible (6 per game), quarters have 32 points possible (8 per game), semi's have 24 (12 per game), and the national title game has 20 points possible 20 (20 for the game).

mvemjsunpx
December 3rd, 2013, 12:08 AM
SCSU
CCU
UNH
SHSU
NAU
JSU
Fordham
TSU

Each correct pick worth 2

SCSU - wrong but no lost points due to a confidence of 1 - 0 points
CCU - correct plus 2 bonus - 4 points
UNH - correct plus 4 bonus - 10 points
SHSU - correct plus 3 bonus - 15 points
NAU - incorrect but lost none - 15 points
JSU - correct plus 1 bonus - 18 points
Fordham - correct plus 4 bonus - 24 points
TSU - correct plus 4 bonus - 30 points

What are you confused on. I'm here to explain.

OK, I thought you just got the face value for your confidence pick (plus or minus) & that was it.

I missed the 2 points simply for being correct part.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 3rd, 2013, 01:10 AM
Hey clenz, what about game #6?

clenz
December 3rd, 2013, 10:10 PM
Remember how we talked about Google Docs new editing system being ****?

Yeah, I had to edit the form about 15 times before I posted it was live because it wouldn't actually save name changes. I got it fixed now though.

PM's being sent to bjtheflamesfan, Ibleedyellow, darell1976, gotts, footballer23, UMaineD, putter to fix it.

clenz
December 3rd, 2013, 11:09 PM
Also...cleared my inbox out so I can get PMs again...

clenz
December 5th, 2013, 05:21 PM
1https://chart.googleapis.com/chart?cht=p&chs=345x150&chl=North%20Dakota%20%5B19%5D%7CFurman%20%5B1%5D&chco=0000e0&chd=e%3A8yDM

North Dakota State
95%

Furman
5%

1 Confidence?https://chart.googleapis.com/chart?cht=p&chs=345x150&chl=1%20%5B1%5D%7C2%20%5B0%5D%7C3%20%5B0%5D%7C4%20 %5B1%5D%7C5%20%5B18%5D&chco=ff9900&chd=e%3ADMAAAADM5l

5%

0%

0%

5%

90%

2https://chart.googleapis.com/chart?cht=p&chs=345x150&chl=Eastern%20Illi%20%5B19%5D%7CTennessee%20Sta%20 %5B1%5D&chco=d00000&chd=e%3A8yDM

Eastern Illinois
95%

Tennessee State
5%

2 Confidence?https://chart.googleapis.com/chart?cht=p&chs=345x150&chl=1%20%5B0%5D%7C2%20%5B0%5D%7C3%20%5B0%5D%7C4%20 %5B5%5D%7C5%20%5B15%5D&chco=dcca02&chd=e%3AAAAAAAP.v.

0%

0%

0%

25%

75%

3https://chart.googleapis.com/chart?cht=p&chs=345x150&chl=Eastern%20Wash%20%5B16%5D%7CSouth%20Dakota%20% 20%5B4%5D&chco=00d000&chd=e%3AzMMz

Eastern Washington
80%

South Dakota State
20%

3 Confidence?https://chart.googleapis.com/chart?cht=p&chs=345x150&chl=1%20%5B2%5D%7C2%20%5B5%5D%7C3%20%5B7%5D%7C4%20 %5B1%5D%7C5%20%5B5%5D&chco=9601ac&chd=e%3AGZP.WZDMP.

10%

25%

35%

5%

25%

4https://chart.googleapis.com/chart?cht=p&chs=345x150&chl=Southeastern%20%5B16%5D%7CSam%20Houston%20S%20 %5B4%5D&chco=0000e0&chd=e%3AzMMz

Southeastern Louisiana
80%

Sam Houston State
20%

4 Confidence?https://chart.googleapis.com/chart?cht=p&chs=345x150&chl=1%20%5B3%5D%7C2%20%5B6%5D%7C3%20%5B8%5D%7C4%20 %5B1%5D%7C5%20%5B2%5D&chco=ff9900&chd=e%3AJmTMZmDMGZ

15%

30%

40%

5%

10%

5https://chart.googleapis.com/chart?cht=p&chs=345x150&chl=Maine%20%5B14%5D%7CNew%20Hampshire%20%5B6%5D&chco=d00000&chd=e%3AsyTM

Maine
70%

New Hampshire
30%

5 Confidence?https://chart.googleapis.com/chart?cht=p&chs=345x150&chl=1%20%5B4%5D%7C2%20%5B4%5D%7C3%20%5B8%5D%7C4%20 %5B1%5D%7C5%20%5B3%5D&chco=dcca02&chd=e%3AMzMzZmDMJm

20%

20%

40%

5%

15%

6https://chart.googleapis.com/chart?cht=p&chs=345x150&chl=McNeese%20Stat%20%5B12%5D%7CJacksonville%20%20 %5B2%5D&chco=00d000&chd=e%3A22JJ

McNeese State
86%

Jacksonville State
14%

6 Confidence?https://chart.googleapis.com/chart?cht=p&chs=345x150&chl=1%20%5B3%5D%7C2%20%5B3%5D%7C3%20%5B5%5D%7C4%20 %5B3%5D%7C5%20%5B6%5D&chco=9601ac&chd=e%3AJmJmP.JmTM

15%

15%

25%

15%

30%

7https://chart.googleapis.com/chart?cht=p&chs=345x150&chl=Towson%20%5B16%5D%7CFordham%20%5B4%5D&chco=0000e0&chd=e%3AzMMz

Towson
80%

Fordham
20%

7 Confidence?https://chart.googleapis.com/chart?cht=p&chs=345x150&chl=1%20%5B0%5D%7C2%20%5B7%5D%7C3%20%5B4%5D%7C4%20 %5B4%5D%7C5%20%5B5%5D&chco=ff9900&chd=e%3AAAWZMzMzP.

0%

35%

20%

20%

25%

8https://chart.googleapis.com/chart?cht=p&chs=345x150&chl=Montana%20%5B18%5D%7CCoastal%20Carol%20%5B2%5D&chco=d00000&chd=e%3A5lGZ

Montana
90%

Coastal Carolina
10%

8 Confidence?https://chart.googleapis.com/chart?cht=p&chs=345x150&chl=1%20%5B2%5D%7C2%20%5B1%5D%7C3%20%5B2%5D%7C4%20 %5B3%5D%7C5%20%5B12%5D&chco=dcca02&chd=e%3AGZDMGZJmmZ

10%

5%

10%

15%

60%

mvemjsunpx
December 7th, 2013, 10:58 PM
7-1 for 41 points I believe. Of course, the one I got wrong was the one involving my team. xsmhx

I'd rather be 1-7 with everything reversed… xbawlingx

BisonFan02
December 7th, 2013, 11:01 PM
Yeah, I'm out of contention now... xlolx

clenz
December 8th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Totals after round 2 updated.

Games for the quarters being worked on now.

Form will be live in 1 hour....4PM Central

siegegun
December 9th, 2013, 02:59 AM
Get em going

ursus arctos horribilis
December 13th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Almost forgot to get my picks in this week.

clenz
December 14th, 2013, 09:24 PM
Totals after the semis are up. We have our first negative point total of the playoffs - darrell1976 goes -1. I don't think he's picked NDSU yet this playoffs and it cost him positive points today.
I was actually gettting nervous about the push mvem was making. Thankfully I had a great week and mvem has no bonus points left from the preseason title game picks. That means unless he gets to within 20 points of me next week (currently at 25) he has no chance. He needs to be withing 15 of me if NDSU wins because I have them left in my bonus picks (though as the runnerunner up).

I'm not sure anyone else has a chance....?

I'll get a list of total points possible left for each user and post it as well.

clenz
December 14th, 2013, 09:33 PM
Pretty rough week for getting a total % of points possible....

Only 25% of possible points were earned and thus far for the playoffs only 40% of possible points have been claimed

clenz
December 14th, 2013, 09:58 PM

clenz
December 14th, 2013, 10:00 PM
SCRATCH EVERY SINGLE THING I JUST POSTED. I'M OFF POINTS ON EVERYTHING BECAUSE I ADDED EACH GAME THIS WEEK AS 2 NOT 4

clenz
December 14th, 2013, 10:27 PM
Okay....totals fixed

clenz
December 14th, 2013, 10:30 PM
Also the form for the semis is now open!

clenz
December 15th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Possible points remaining for each user. Total is what the you currently have, playoffs is what is left in the playoffs (semis and title game), title is what you can still earn from the title game picks preseason, and possible is the most points you can finish the game with.

Alphabetical

User
Total
Playoff
Title
Possible

813jag

Bisonator

BisonFan02

bjtheflamesfan

bojeta

caribbeanhen

catbooster

clenz

darell1976

dbackjon

DJKyR0

ElCid

Fear the Bird

footballer23

Go Apps

Go Lehigh TU Owl

gotts

IBleedYellow

JMUfan999

LeadBolt

Lehigh'98

melloware13

ming01

MSUBobcat

MTfan4life

mvemjsunpx

NDSUstudent

Nickels

putter

rabidrabbit

RichH2

Screamin_Eagle174

Skyhawk71

Southern Bison

SUPharmacist

UMaineD

UNHFAN@RWU

ursus arctos horribilis

Vitojr130

WeAreNorthDakota

WrenFGun

Numeric

clenz

mvemjsunpx

ming01

BisonFan02

Go Apps

UMaineD

Bisonator

IBleedYellow

ElCid

gotts

UNHFAN@RWU

caribbeanhen

catbooster

Southern Bison

MTfan4life

MSUBobcat

NDSUstudent

Skyhawk71

footballer23

putter

LeadBolt

Go Lehigh TU Owl

ursus arctos horribilis

Fear the Bird

darell1976

Nickels

melloware13

rabidrabbit

813jag

dbackjon

WeAreNorthDakota

bjtheflamesfan

WrenFGun

JMUfan999

Screamin_Eagle174

bojeta

Lehigh'98

SUPharmacist

RichH2

DJKyR0

Vitojr130

clenz
December 15th, 2013, 09:55 AM
That also means I need just 18 points to wrap up the title!

Mattymc727
December 15th, 2013, 02:02 PM
I had picked NDSU over Towson for the title way back in the summer when we started this thing. With everything that could have happened, and the fact that this is the most likely outcome, I say I win.

clenz
December 15th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Maybe you should have sucked less at the rest of your picks...:cool:

Skyhawk71
December 16th, 2013, 08:49 PM
Thanks Clenz, this has been fun all season, I was happy in the top 15, then I missed a week after my team blew a game against TSU, next year I will be more focused.......even with losses- Good luck to the contenders down the stretch!!!!!!

mvemjsunpx
December 20th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Well… my hail-mary New Hampshire pick didn't quite pan out there, so that pretty much does me in.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 20th, 2013, 11:38 PM
Ah hell, I think I forgot to pick. That probably knocks me out of the running too.

Southern Bison
December 21st, 2013, 12:17 AM
Ah hell, I think I forgot to pick. That probably knocks me out of the running too.

Dude, you are only 2 points ahead of darell...you were out of the running a loooooong time ago! :D

caribbeanhen
December 21st, 2013, 06:38 AM

just made my picks but in a half arse attempt to be fair, I picked UNH with a confidence of 1.... Lets see how Sir Clenz rules on this one xcoffeex

ursus arctos horribilis
December 21st, 2013, 12:58 PM
Dude, you are only 2 points ahead of darell...you were out of the running a loooooong time ago! :D

That was sort of the joke there.

clenz
December 21st, 2013, 01:03 PM

It's really no different than the effort you've put out any other week

ursus arctos horribilis
December 21st, 2013, 03:03 PM
It's really no different than the effort you've put out any other week

I don't have much time to think about it when I'm cleaning up clenz messes.

clenz
December 21st, 2013, 04:57 PM
I don't have much time to think about it when I'm cleaning up clenz messes.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/22/usury9eb.jpg

ursus arctos horribilis
December 21st, 2013, 07:01 PM
eh, I had that coming. xlolx

clenz
December 21st, 2013, 10:40 PM
Totals for after the semi's are done....with mv going -8 on the week and me grabbing max possible points I've clinched the title!

So....to bring back a quote from after I won my regular season title....

I asked before the season if it was okay if I played...I warned you guys....so...yeah...xlolxxcoffeex

clenz
December 21st, 2013, 10:44 PM
Possible points remaining for the rest of the season (one game) and max possible score..

By current standings

User
Current Toal
Preseason Points Left
Pick Points Left
Max Possible Score

clenz

UMaineD

Go Apps

ming01

mvemjsunpx

ElCid

Southern Bison

BisonFan02

Bisonator

gotts

IBleedYellow

caribbeanhen

catbooster

LeadBolt

Skyhawk71

MSUBobcat

MTfan4life

NDSUstudent

UNHFAN@RWU

putter

footballer23

Go Lehigh TU Owl

ursus arctos horribilis

melloware13

Fear the Bird

darell1976

rabidrabbit

Nickels

813jag

dbackjon

WeAreNorthDakota

bjtheflamesfan

WrenFGun

JMUfan999

Screamin_Eagle174

bojeta

Lehigh'98

SUPharmacist

RichH2

DJKyR0

Vitojr130

By max possible score

clenz

UMaineD

ming01

Southern Bison

BisonFan02

Go Apps

mvemjsunpx

Bisonator

ElCid

gotts

IBleedYellow

caribbeanhen

catbooster

Skyhawk71

UNHFAN@RWU

MSUBobcat

MTfan4life

NDSUstudent

LeadBolt

putter

footballer23

Go Lehigh TU Owl

ursus arctos horribilis

Fear the Bird

melloware13

darell1976

Nickels

rabidrabbit

813jag

dbackjon

WeAreNorthDakota

bjtheflamesfan

WrenFGun

JMUfan999

Screamin_Eagle174

bojeta

Lehigh'98

SUPharmacist

RichH2

DJKyR0

Vitojr130

Alphabetical

User
Current Toal
Preseason Points Left
Pick Points Left
Max Possible Score

813jag

Bisonator

BisonFan02

bjtheflamesfan

bojeta

caribbeanhen

catbooster

clenz

darell1976

dbackjon

DJKyR0

ElCid

Fear the Bird

footballer23

Go Apps

Go Lehigh TU Owl

gotts

IBleedYellow

JMUfan999

LeadBolt

Lehigh'98

melloware13

ming01

MSUBobcat

MTfan4life

mvemjsunpx

NDSUstudent

Nickels

putter

rabidrabbit

RichH2

Screamin_Eagle174

Skyhawk71

Southern Bison

SUPharmacist

UMaineD

UNHFAN@RWU

ursus arctos horribilis

Vitojr130

WeAreNorthDakota

WrenFGun

clenz
December 21st, 2013, 10:50 PM
Also...title game pick is open. You have until kick off of the title game.

Southern Bison
December 22nd, 2013, 09:31 AM
Hell yeah!! 1st time out with a potential top-5 finish!! I'll be taking that stapler off your hands next season Clenz.

clenz
December 22nd, 2013, 11:01 AM
Cough Cough...:D

http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q340/unipanthers10/TROPHY_zps447a8183.jpg

Seriously though, thanks Clenz for putting this together. It's a lot of fun over the season.

FIFY....Also, thanks for the new trophy for my man cave!

clenz
December 22nd, 2013, 11:02 AM
Hell yeah!! 1st time out with a potential top-5 finish!! I'll be taking that stapler off your hands next season Clenz.
Bring it, bitch.

http://www.virtualstapler.com/office_space/images/milton_nervous.jpg

BisonFan02
December 22nd, 2013, 04:45 PM
FIFY....Also, thanks for the new trophy for my man cave!

I'll bring it with me to Frisco Clenz....you can pick it up there. :D

clenz
December 22nd, 2013, 04:47 PM
I'll bring it with me to Frisco Clenz....you can pick it up there. :D
Yeah....well....oh yeah......

**** you!

xlolx

IBleedYellow
December 22nd, 2013, 04:55 PM
SHOTS FIRED!

Or would it be the pigskin chucked?

clenz
December 22nd, 2013, 05:02 PM
SHOTS FIRED!

Or would it be the pigskin chucked?
I used to live by Waterloo, IA where there was daily reports of gun fire, drive by shootings, and bullet wounds being investigated....SHOTS FIRED has an all too real meaning to me...xlolx

Pigskins chucked is better

- - - Updated - - -

Also...I'm going to go on a LIKE and Rep rampage of this thread. Pretty much every post is going to get a like and I'm going to rep as much as I can. This has probably been the most fun year of this **** show yet! Should be easy to do with about 415 posts - thankfully most of them are probably mine

clenz
December 22nd, 2013, 05:13 PM
Holy ****...this is a like of "liking" and repping. I've given more likes and reps to you ****s than I've gotten in this thread, good thing it's the holidays...xlolx

I'm not going to get every post of yours in the thread repped, but I'm trying to get everyone I can without having to jump back a page or two to grab it.

Sorry for blowing your notification bar on the top of the page up - hope you don't have the e-mail notification every time someone likes/reps your posts or your probably doing this right now xrotatehx

clenz
December 22nd, 2013, 05:18 PM

I got back to post 251 before the site cut me off on giving rep for 24 hours. Maybe I'll do more later...IDK....we'll see how generous I feel. I just clicked "like" on the last 79 posts that weren't mine before my rep got cut off and I stopped everything

clenz
January 4th, 2014, 04:36 PM
Final standings updated....

The top 5
1. clenz 458

2. Southern Bison 398
3. BisonFan02 397
4. mvemjsunpx 394
5. Bisonator 391

Bisonator
January 4th, 2014, 04:39 PM

The top 5
1. clenz 458

2. Southern Bison 398
3. BisonFan02 397
4. mvemjsunpx 394
5. Bisonator 391

Congrats Clenz!xbowx

Least I got a top 5 finish. :D

Southern Bison
January 4th, 2014, 05:03 PM
Whoop Whoop!! Second place!

ursus arctos horribilis
January 4th, 2014, 06:12 PM
clenz, and others. This thread is being moved to the sticky "Threads of lesser adhesion...".

caribbeanhen
January 5th, 2014, 08:23 AM

The top 5
1. clenz 458

2. Southern Bison 398
3. BisonFan02 397
4. mvemjsunpx 394
5. Bisonator 391

6. Bisonator
7. IBleedYellow
8. ElCid
9. caribbeanhen
10. UMaineD

CaribbeanHen in the top 10, I'll take it but WTF is up with Clenz, dominating the field like that...xbowx.. does he have a subliminal advantage that he might not even be aware of? Who picks the picks anyway?

clenz
January 5th, 2014, 09:36 AM
6. Bisonator
7. IBleedYellow
8. ElCid
9. caribbeanhen
10. UMaineD

CaribbeanHen in the top 10, I'll take it but WTF is up with Clenz, dominating the field like that...xbowx.. does he have a subliminal advantage that he might not even be aware of? Who picks the picks anyway?
I asked before the season if I would be allowed to play. I warned that any time I've played this game I've dominated in similar fashion. People read my posts, analysis, opinions, thoughts, etc... and think I'm just some blow hard that doesn't know what I'm talking about. I then get treated like a troll or something of the like. If one would actually keep track of the "**** I spew" and then take the time to fact check it and/or go back and see how it played out vs. what I thought would happen I'm right much much more than I'm wrong and have quite a bit of knowledge. Oh well.

I'll do the same thing if I play next season again!xlolx

UMaineD
January 5th, 2014, 10:11 AM
6. Bisonator7. IBleedYellow8. ElCid9. caribbeanhen10. UMaineDCaribbeanHen in the top 10, I'll take it but WTF is up with Clenz, dominating the field like that...xbowx.. does he have a subliminal advantage that he might not even be aware of? Who picks the picks anyway?Not bad for a woman coming in 10th place

ElCid
January 5th, 2014, 02:55 PM
It was much fun. Thanks again Clenz!

LeadBolt
January 5th, 2014, 08:58 PM
Thanks, Clenz! I echo what others have said that it was great fun.

clenz
January 30th, 2014, 05:15 PM
So....

I get home from work and see a strange box outside my front door...I hadn't ordered anything.

http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q340/unipanthers10/unnamed_zps3f6b3de0.jpg

I open it up to see what's inside....
http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q340/unipanthers10/unnamed1_zps66766e4a.jpg

I don't know what to make of that...I figured I'd open the smaller box

http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q340/unipanthers10/unnamed2_zpse5fa500a.jpg

Then I remembered....It feels good to be a gansta

http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q340/unipanthers10/unnamed3_zpsdec66b92.jpg

ursus arctos horribilis
January 30th, 2014, 05:35 PM
So....

I get home from work and see a strange box outside my front door...I hadn't ordered anything.

http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q340/unipanthers10/unnamed_zps3f6b3de0.jpg

I open it up to see what's inside....
http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q340/unipanthers10/unnamed1_zps66766e4a.jpg

I don't know what to make of that...I figured I'd open the smaller box

http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q340/unipanthers10/unnamed2_zpse5fa500a.jpg

Then I remembered....It feels good to be a gansta

http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q340/unipanthers10/unnamed3_zpsdec66b92.jpg

xlolx

BisonFan02
January 30th, 2014, 06:48 PM
Clenz has more hardware to show for this last season then UNI.... xlolx

Bisonator
January 30th, 2014, 06:51 PM

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmjVH-rW1SSrrSvYRbxb6IWWnZmbIOtoLXARIBsJf5PbkP3trEGtQcDR xy

Southern Bison
January 30th, 2014, 09:43 PM

You forgot about all the pins and screws that were surgically inserted.

IBleedYellow
January 31st, 2014, 02:05 AM
Thank you, I needed a good laugh at 0205 in the morning!

Bisonator
January 31st, 2014, 10:01 AM
I can see gangsta Clenz rolling thru the hood in Cedar Falls with his gold chains and pinky rings as he looks for his peeps! xlolx

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/500/44859783/Guerilla%2BBlack%2B644421500356x237.jpg

clenz
January 31st, 2014, 10:46 AM
I can see gangsta Clenz rolling thru the hood in Cedar Falls with his gold chains and pinky rings as he looks for his peeps! xlolx

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/500/44859783/Guerilla%2BBlack%2B644421500356x237.jpg

Not in Cedar Falls anymore...

I live in the southern Iowa version of Cedar Falls...Marion.

I sure as hell wouldn't do that **** in Waterloo...our the southern Iowa version of Waterloo...Cedar Rapids...

You remember the opening scene of office space?

Yeah...more or less that's me..and by more or less I mean almost 100 percent

darell1976
January 31st, 2014, 10:54 AM
Clenz, are you going to do your pick 'em contest next season? I enjoyed playing and would love to do it again.

Bisonator
January 31st, 2014, 12:16 PM
Not in Cedar Falls anymore...

I live in the southern Iowa version of Cedar Falls...Marion.

I sure as hell wouldn't do that **** in Waterloo...our the southern Iowa version of Waterloo...Cedar Rapids...

You remember the opening scene of office space?

Yeah...more or less that's me..and by more or less I mean almost 100 percent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geKPpNEDZeI

xlolx

clenz
January 31st, 2014, 12:57 PM
Clenz, are you going to do your pick 'em contest next season? I enjoyed playing and would love to do it again.

Yep. I've ran it for 2 years here and 4 on cs. It will be back next season.

In aiming for a 7/14 release date...thigh it may move up our back a week due to the fact that the 11th is my anniversary and I'm sure the wife won't enjoy me playing with that over that weekend.

She rolled her eyes instantly when she saw my trophy and said "that's going downstairs in your man cave area and not coming out".

clenz
May 22nd, 2014, 02:33 PM
You can ignore these posts....I'm doing some testing.

On a Tottenham Hotspur forum I read I see that a guy embeds his Google Dogs into his posts and I'm just doing some playing.

I'm not even sure this is something that is active on this forum (that forum is the exact same as this one in terms of layout/design)

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1RWvmhECbaTTQ7KoAfdstsMvy_9j8NaJ99iWkg-3oFBE/viewform?embedded=true" width="760" height="500" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>

IBleedYellow
May 22nd, 2014, 02:45 PM
I vote clenz no play this year.

;)

clenz
May 22nd, 2014, 02:53 PM

;)
xbawlingxxintxxslapfightxxslapfightxxslapfightxxsl apfightxxslapfightx

IBleedYellow
May 22nd, 2014, 03:03 PM
xflaggedxxflaggedxxflaggedxxflaggedxxflaggedxxflag gedxxflaggedxxflaggedxxflaggedxxflaggedx

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 22nd, 2014, 07:29 PM
I'll have to sign up this year and do this!!!

Good luck to the rest of you....xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
May 22nd, 2014, 07:57 PM
clenzy, the ability to embed gdocs is available but it may not be turned on. They typically didn't look real good and just clicking the link worked better if I remember correctly. I don't remember turning the feature off but it may have gotten lost in last summer's change over.

clenz
May 22nd, 2014, 08:18 PM
clenzy, the ability to embed gdocs is available but it may not be turned on. They typically didn't look real good and just clicking the link worked better if I remember correctly. I don't remember turning the feature off but it may have gotten lost in last summer's change over.

It worked pretty slick with the example I saw (the link weighs through what I copied and pasted from his post). However he used a different form format than I so it might not look as nice.

I copied his exact post so it may have gotten shut off

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk so if there is typos deal with it.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 22nd, 2014, 10:44 PM
It worked pretty slick with the example I saw (the link weighs through what I copied and pasted from his post). However he used a different form format than I so it might not look as nice.

I copied his exact post so it may have gotten shut off

Oh, if it's just for a form it may work quite well. That would seem to be small enough to be housed inside the page parameters. I was referring to spreadsheets etc. being sort of tough as you can see a much more limited area than if you just went to the link.

I'll check into it.xthumbsupx

clenz
May 23rd, 2014, 07:07 AM
Oh, if it's just for a form it may work quite well. That would seem to be small enough to be housed inside the page parameters. I was referring to spreadsheets etc. being sort of tough as you can see a much more limited area than if you just went to the link.

I'll check into it.xthumbsupx
I wouldn't try it with my spreadsheet - that's WAY to wide and way to many tabs.

The post it's is here for reference.

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showthread.php/6302-The-new-new-manager-thread-Pt-3?p=559112&viewfull=1#post559112

I didn't know if my pick form would work that way or not. If it doesn't it's not like the original way doesn't work just fine. I'd just never seen that before and was intrigued by it. Those silly Brits.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 24th, 2014, 11:47 AM
clenz, you can now use Google Forms. I will put up bbcode instruction in "comments, concerns forum" in a bit. There is not an img file for it yet so you just have to know the code brackets to use it.

I will add the bbcodes for other gdocs later on.

clenz
May 24th, 2014, 12:39 PM
clenz, you can now use Google Forms. I will put up bbcode instruction in "comments, concerns forum" in a bit. There is not an img file for it yet so you just have to know the code brackets to use it.

I will add the bbcodes for other gdocs later on.

Thanks. I'll do some playing later this weekend.

It might not work but it intrigued me

ursus arctos horribilis
May 24th, 2014, 12:41 PM
You can ignore these posts....I'm doing some testing.

On a Tottenham Hotspur forum I read I see that a guy embeds his Google Dogs into his posts and I'm just doing some playing.

I'm not even sure this is something that is active on this forum (that forum is the exact same as this one in terms of layout/design)

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1RWvmhECbaTTQ7KoAfdstsMvy_9j8NaJ99iWkg-3oFBE/viewform?embedded=true" width="760" height="500" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>

1RWvmhECbaTTQ7KoAfdstsMvy_9j8NaJ99iWkg-3oFBE

clenzy, I think you need to make sure the form you used there is published to the web or it won't show. I used the form id in the code there and it's taking up the space but not visible.

caribbeanhen
May 26th, 2014, 10:07 AM

;)

Or maybe a more sterile way to determine what games are included in the game....... Clenz has such a cakewalk last year that it raised a few eyebrows.....haha

BisonFan02
May 26th, 2014, 10:53 AM
Or maybe a more sterile way to determine what games are included in the game....... Clenz has such a cakewalk last year that it raised a few eyebrows.....haha

The key is to not miss a week. I won by a landslide the year before too.

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 26th, 2014, 10:55 AM

Now that I'm going in on this, you don't have a chance....xthumbsupx

caribbeanhen
May 26th, 2014, 10:57 AM

not missing a week is a must, games selected seem to have a mid-west bias.... nobody from down here knows a darn thing about the mid-west :D

BisonFan02
May 26th, 2014, 11:00 AM
Now that I'm going in on this, you don't have a chance....xthumbsupx

Come back to me once you've actually won one of these! Only then can you talk (or something like that...)! :D

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n610/brhalvors8188/DSCF0005.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

not missing a week is a must, games selected seem to have a mid-west bias.... nobody from down here knows a darn thing about the mid-west :D

Isn't it just the top 25 matchups with a few wildcard games? I think the only thing he looks at for the wild card games is picking good ones with close point spreads.

clenz
May 26th, 2014, 12:41 PM
Come back to me once you've actually won one of these! Only then can you talk (or something like that...)! :D

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n610/brhalvors8188/DSCF0005.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't it just the top 25 matchups with a few wildcard games? I think the only thing he looks at for the wild card games is picking good ones with close point spreads.

That's pretty much it...

I go on 5dimes (or wherever) and don't even look at the teams. I strictly scroll down looking only at the spreads and then look at the teams. I make a list of all games with a spread of less than 6 and pick from those. I'll step outside of the 6 point spread for some games I'm interested in but won't go over 11.5, no matter what the game is.

I've admitted before, though, that I have a strong B10/B12 bias because I've lived in the heart of B10/B12 country my whole life. I don't remember if it was this year, or last, that i included in the early stages of the thread that Michigan, Louisville (due to my affinity for both), Iowa, and Iowa State (due to living in Iowa my whole life) would almost always win a tie vs another game. No different than someone in SEC country or PAC12 country defaulting to those games. Also, for the FCS games there were WAY more SWAC (definitely not my wheelhouse) and Pioneer games the last two year than any other conference with the NEC third.

Thought it wouldn't be a proper pick em game without caribbeanhen bitching about something that doesn't deserve bitching about.

caribbeanhen
May 27th, 2014, 07:31 PM
Thought it wouldn't be a proper pick em game without caribbeanhen bitching about something that doesn't deserve bitching about.

Clenz, I would never ever bitch about your game xpeacex, just trying to plant a seed in your head that your selection process might be subject to your own personnel bias or comfort zone...... Regardless if that's true or not, I like trying to win and competing..... thank you for doing it! I'm just pulling strings and pushing buttons..... I look forward to giving it another shot this year.

IBleedYellow
May 27th, 2014, 07:34 PM
Clenz, I would never ever bitch about your game xpeacex, just trying to plant a seed in your head that your selection process might be subject to your own personnel bias or comfort zone...... Regardless if that's true or not, I like trying to win and competing..... thank you for doing it! I'm just pulling strings and pushing buttons..... I look forward to giving it another shot this year.

Clenz is too easy to get spun up, pretty much like any Siouxper fan or Bison fan about each other.

clenz
July 1st, 2014, 10:20 AM
T MINUS 12 DAYS UNTIL THE NEW GAME OPENS!

GET READY TO GET BEAT YET AGAIN!

BisonFan02
July 2nd, 2014, 12:59 AM
Bring it b****es!

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2015, 05:27 PM
this game sounds like lots of work for you Clenz.... thanks for giving me something to do.... and this year the form actually reflects my picks.. so I'm thinking about winning it

complaint or compliment?