PDA

View Full Version : Next D-II victim(s)?

JohnStOnge
September 6th, 2006, 06:33 PM
My nomination is Stephen F. Austin. They're playing Delta State...currently ranked 17th in D-II after a 61-0 win over West Virginia Tech. West Virginia Tech is really bad...16 consecutive losses now.

But I think I may smell trouble for SFA. Triva: Delta State quarterback Scott Eyster needs 1558 yards to get the D-II career passing record.

TexasTerror
September 6th, 2006, 06:35 PM
The Statesmen are a tough team...

Gave the 'Cats of Texas St-San Marcos some problems last year...

SFA is a team that had problems and had to come back to beat Div II Henderson St last year. They could have some problems in this one...

Nacogdoches had always been a tough place to play but under Coach Mac, it doesn't seem to be the case...

TulsaBobcat
September 6th, 2006, 07:33 PM
The SFA quarterback does not play well, he is very inaccurate. If they can get the running game going, they may win. Although I think Delta State will take this game.

AggiePride
September 6th, 2006, 07:39 PM
Hey why not.

I personally spent half a decade running through 1-AA's while we were in D2.

It's not so hard :)

AppGuy04
September 6th, 2006, 08:10 PM
McNeese plays WV Tech this weekend, good lord thats gonna be awful

swaghook
September 6th, 2006, 09:29 PM
UND takes down UNI

NOTxlolx :D :p

McNeese75
September 6th, 2006, 10:22 PM

:eyebrow: :asswhip: It has the possibilty of getting pretty ugly :rotateh:

catbob
September 7th, 2006, 12:43 AM
I will seriously kill myself if the Bobcats beat a IA team then follow it up by a sexy loss to a DII squad.

kats89
September 7th, 2006, 01:38 AM
If SFA loses that game, McFarland is done. He has a VERY high paid coaching staff.

Mr. Tiger
September 7th, 2006, 07:12 AM
Delta State has a good chance. Eyster will keep them in the game.

GrizRchattybound
September 7th, 2006, 07:23 AM
Eastern Washington is playing Central Washington in a few weeks.

McTailGator
September 7th, 2006, 08:50 AM

Yea, I can't wait. (;

Hell anything to get a night game and back to normal on the Gulf Coast.

I think our 3rd stringers will get a lot of experience this weekend.

AppGuy04
September 7th, 2006, 08:52 AM
Yea, I can't wait. (;

Hell anything to get a night game and back to normal on the Gulf Coast.

I think our 3rd stringers will get a lot of experience this weekend.

If its not a 35-0 at the half, its a disappointment

McTailGator
September 7th, 2006, 10:16 AM
If its not a 35-0 at the half, its a disappointment

Our coaches will be running very basic vannilla stuff and will not try to humiliate these guy's. But, I agree, if it's not 35-0 at half, it will be soon after.

I doubt if we even attempt a pass after the start of the 4th quarter.

WVT was a late game. We tried to get Southern to live up to their contract and have a little honor but they chose to duck instead.

AppGuy04
September 7th, 2006, 10:23 AM
Our coaches will be running very basic vannilla stuff and will not try to humiliate these guy's. But, I agree, if it's not 35-0 at half, it will be soon after.

I doubt if we even attempt a pass after the start of the 4th quarter.

WVT was a late game. We tried to get Southern to live up to their contract and have a little honor but they chose to duck instead.

Yeah, I figured it was a late add, but good lord, they are one of the very worst teams in the whole NCAA

crunifan
September 7th, 2006, 10:42 AM
Yeah, I figured it was a late add, but good lord, they are one of the very worst teams in the whole NCAA

Sounds like Savannah State has a new BFF.

AppGuy04
September 7th, 2006, 10:46 AM
Sounds like Savannah State has a new BFF.

Well, Savannah St is a I-AA that should be a DII, they really have no chance of winning. WV Tech looks like a DII that should be DIII.

RadMann
September 7th, 2006, 12:18 PM
As a Division II program Delaware beat a division I-A program more than once. Then again, division II was more like today's division I-AA back then...

BisonBacker
September 7th, 2006, 10:31 PM
UNI schools a DI wannabe in the whioux from grand forks. Will be enjoyable watching just how much difference there is between a Top DIAA VS a overranked DII.xlolx xlolx xlolx

Purple Pride
September 8th, 2006, 09:26 PM
My nomination is Stephen F. Austin. They're playing Delta State...currently ranked 17th in D-II after a 61-0 win over West Virginia Tech. West Virginia Tech is really bad...16 consecutive losses now.

But I think I may smell trouble for SFA. Triva: Delta State quarterback Scott Eyster needs 1558 yards to get the D-II career passing record.

Too hear the Delta State folks talk, they've already chalked this one up as their big upset. Give 'em HELL Bearcats!!:smiley_wi

TexasTerror
September 8th, 2006, 09:42 PM
Too hear the Delta State folks talk, they've already chalked this one up as their big upset. Give 'em HELL Bearcats!!:smiley_wi

Bearcats?!?!

Purple Pride, first your saying on UCAFans that UCA is a full-member of the SLC...now your calling SFA, the 'Bearcats'...

First, SHSU is the Bearkats and second, never call our #1 rival, SFA, the 'Bearkats'...on that note, UCA is still a I-AA independent...

Purple Pride
September 8th, 2006, 10:14 PM
Bearcats?!?!

Purple Pride, first your saying on UCAFans that UCA is a full-member of the SLC...now your calling SFA, the 'Bearcats'...

First, SHSU is the Bearkats and second, never call our #1 rival, SFA, the 'Bearkats'...on that note, UCA is still a I-AA independent...

Sorry, Kat, ya got me. I was looking at too many threads of deltas and weevils talking crazy and i got cross wired. Looks like the weevils are feeling a little salty too.

pcola
September 9th, 2006, 11:13 PM
UNI schools a DI wannabe in the whioux from grand forks. Will be enjoyable watching just how much difference there is between a Top DIAA VS a overranked DII.xlolx xlolx xlolx
Sorry to disappoint you.

Go Sioux !!!!!

GeauxLions94
September 10th, 2006, 12:18 AM

He played high school at Hammond High School. Would have been nice to see him in the Air Raid. :nod:

darell1976
September 10th, 2006, 08:35 AM

Who has the last laugh now. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

TexasTerror
September 10th, 2006, 09:05 AM
No surprises, SFA falls to Delta State...

SFA is not looking good at all under the new regime. I think last year when we saw a not so great SHSU team run SFA out of the state, there were definitely indications of just how bad SFA is...they are not keeping up with the Benjamins...

http://sfajacks.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/recaps/090906aaa.html

siugrad99
September 10th, 2006, 09:21 AM
Bison Backer needs to eat some words big time and the MSU fan that commented earlier.... RIP buddy

ysubigred
September 10th, 2006, 09:39 AM
I will seriously kill myself if the Bobcats beat a IA team then follow it up by a sexy loss to a DII squad.

DON'T DO IT MAN!!! IT'S NOT WORTH IT. FOOTBALL IS ONLY A GAME :smiley_wi

ravens
September 10th, 2006, 10:05 AM

Anybody seen the obit on this guy?

ravens
September 10th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Anybody seen the obit on this guy?

" Catbob died Saturday of autoerotic asphixiation after a Hardon beatin. "

ISUMatt
September 10th, 2006, 10:17 AM
Not us, we dont play any D-II's

OL FU
September 10th, 2006, 10:17 AM
Not us, we dont play any D-II's

At the end of the first half I was beginning to the Furman was going to get added to the list

BisBison
September 10th, 2006, 10:18 AM
Hey darell1976, congrats on the big win yesterday. But what's with your signature line anyhow?? Look out Bison We're going D-I baby. It just shows how fixated on us you are. GET OVER YOURSELVES! It's not about you, we are just doing what is right for our university and sports teams. We weren't trying to one up you in this move nor do we fear your joining us finally. xcoffeex

Jackluv
September 10th, 2006, 12:01 PM
all MSU fans killed themselves yesterday wow hahah

jstate83
September 10th, 2006, 02:04 PM

I tried to tell ya'll they were D2 by name only.
They are good every year.
This is not one of their best teams they have had either.

JoshUCA
September 10th, 2006, 02:53 PM
Are you still alive??