PDA

View Full Version : Nicholls @ Nebraska

bkrownd
September 5th, 2006, 06:46 PM
The Cornhuskers were on cruise control against La-Tech on Saturday. Nicholls State better bring all their trick plays to Lincoln. :smiley_wi OTOH, you get to drop La-Tech to 0-2 yourselves the week after. :smiley_wi :smiley_wi Any of you Colonels visiting Lincoln on Saturday?

bobcatfan06
September 5th, 2006, 08:25 PM
Better hope that triple option is up to par.

bkrownd
September 5th, 2006, 11:19 PM
Oh man I miss the triple option so much. :( THAT was "The Beautiful Game."

GeauxColonels
September 6th, 2006, 11:33 PM
The Cornhuskers were on cruise control against La-Tech on Saturday. Nicholls State better bring all their trick plays to Lincoln. :smiley_wi OTOH, you get to drop La-Tech to 0-2 yourselves the week after. :smiley_wi :smiley_wi Any of you Colonels visiting Lincoln on Saturday?
I'd like to go but my sister is getting married on Friday night. I did tell her though that I would get her and her fiance tickets to the game off of eBay and they could honeymoon in Lincoln.

I mean, what's more romantic?
the mountains of Tennessee?
or the cornfields of Lincoln?

NO BRAINER!!! :thumbsup:

igo4uni
September 7th, 2006, 07:23 AM

Yes, that is a no brainer. What time is kickoff?? :D :D :D :D

GeauxColonels
September 7th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Yes, that is a no brainer. What time is kickoff?? :D :D :D :D
12:30 Central Time :hurray:

Retro
September 7th, 2006, 02:25 PM
I'd like to go but my sister is getting married on Friday night. I did tell her though that I would get her and her fiance tickets to the game off of eBay and they could honeymoon in Lincoln.

Who gets married during football season? :nono:

I think the colonels will give fits to the huskers, but i doubt an upset!

JMU99
September 7th, 2006, 03:10 PM
Who gets married during football season? :nono:

I think the colonels will give fits to the huskers, but i doubt an upset!

The olny "fits" they will give the Huskers is trying to figure out what state Nicholls St. is located in.
Nebraska 47 Nicholls St. 3

BayouColonel
September 7th, 2006, 04:45 PM
After last Thursdays game I still don't know what to think of this years squad. Sure we won 35-0 but we didn't look that sharp offensively. We may look competitive or we may look like a bunch of high schoolers against NU. Who knows. If our QB plays consistently mistake free we should keep it from getting embarrassing. But our beat up O-Line concerns me. Even if we don't win if we can manage to get a little yardage, game clock control, little or no turnovers, minimal penalties, and most importantly no injuries than I would consider this trip worthwhile no matter what the score(or paycheck). It would be tremendous game experience for our young QB's. Interesting sidenote: Nebraska QB Zac Taylor was on the Nicholls State campus this summer for the Manning Passing Academy.

swaghook
September 7th, 2006, 07:50 PM
Hope that Triple Option works better against Nebraska then it did against NDSU.;)

Bison_Kent
September 7th, 2006, 08:12 PM
I just confirmed my media pass up to Lincoln. Hope to meet any Nicholls State fans up there this weekend and hope to see a Colorado like upset.

BisonBacker
September 7th, 2006, 10:14 PM
Dream on Bison Kent. Nicholls is a good team but beating Nebraska in Lincoln? Put the bottle away now, its not Friday yet: smh :

BayouColonel
September 8th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Hope that Triple Option works better against Nebraska then it did against NDSU.;)
It worked quite well in the second half. Unfortunately too little too late. Your offense is what won the game for NDSU in the second half.

bkrownd
September 8th, 2006, 08:23 PM
Hope you guys enjoy the show in Lincoln and have a good time in town. Went to the spring game there a few years back and it was loud and fun. Haven't been to a real game there since the 1970's. If the volleyball girlies are playing you should catch that ticket as well - if you can find a ticket.

TexasTerror
September 8th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Nebraska is hoping to stop the Colonels run. If they do the kind of job that Southern Arkansas did last week, they are not going to have problems. The Colonels have to get over 300, if not over 400 yards to take full advantage of the clock and the game...to pull one of the biggest wins in I-AA history...

Huskers look to take 'fun' out of Nicholls State's option
9/8/2006, 6:31 p.m. CT
By ERIC OLSON
The Associated Press

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — It will be like old times at Memorial Stadium Saturday when Nicholls State visits No. 21 Nebraska. Well, kind of, anyway.

The Colonels feature the triple-option offense reminiscent of the scorched-earth system so loved by Tom Osborne for two decades.

OK, so I-AA Nicholls State's version isn't to be confused with the one that helped Nebraska win three national championships in the 1990s. But Cornhuskers coach Bill Callahan said it still presents challenges.

Callahan said he hasn't faced an option team since he was an assistant at Illinois preparing for the 1985 Peach Bowl game against Army.

"I think it's a fun offense," Callahan said, "if you just want to sit there and pound the ball all day."

http://www.nola.com/newsflash/louisiana/index.ssf?/base/sports-10/1157758767263220.xml&storylist=louisiana

bkrownd
September 9th, 2006, 11:13 PM
The Colonels feature the triple-option offense reminiscent of the scorched-earth system so loved by Tom Osborne for two decades.

Actually Osborne was a quarterback and passing offense guru. His first few teams at Nebraska had 1970's "passing" offenses, but had too much trouble beating Oklahoma's wishbone option teams.

GeauxColonels
September 10th, 2006, 09:16 PM
Listened to a good part of the 1st half up to halftime. Nicholls State was down 21-0 and couldn't so anything with the ball. Nebraska got the ball down inside the redzone and the Colonels had the Huskers 4th & Goal from the 1 before they were able to pound the ball in. If they could have just had one more defensive stand, they would have had a little more confidence and held the Huskers under 50.

Good effort by the Colonels, but losing the starting QB Morgan during the opening drive really killed ANY chance for a competitive game.