PDA

View Full Version : Should the SoCon trade the Citadel for Coastal Carolina?

The Cats
May 11th, 2013, 11:26 PM
Since the Citadel leads the charge NOT to bring in Coastal Carolina into the SoCon, it has been suggested on another thread that the SoCon should just trade the Citadel to the Big South for Coastal Carolina (thanks to "DoWe" for the suggestion).

This would solve the Bulldogs major problems of having 4 football playing SC schools in the SoCon, and they would get to meet their favorite rival, VMI again on a yearly basis, in conference play.

The SoCon would gain a much better all around sports program than either VMI or the Citadel, and the SoCon would not be burdened with the weak athletics of VMI.

Everybody wins, the SoCon, the Big South (they get the Citadel), VMI (they get to remain in a conference that offers their best opportunity for success, and finally, Coastal Carolina gets out of the Big South.

So, do we make the trade?

Reign of Terrier
May 11th, 2013, 11:45 PM
doesn't matter, won't happen

Wewinulose
May 12th, 2013, 12:20 AM
Since the Citadel leads the charge NOT to bring in Coastal Carolina into the SoCon, it has been suggested on another thread that the SoCon should just trade the Citadel to the Big South for Coastal Carolina (thanks to "DoWe" for the suggestion).

This would solve the Bulldogs major problems of having 4 football playing SC schools in the SoCon, and they would get to meet their favorite rival, VMI again on a yearly basis, in conference play.

The SoCon would gain a much better all around sports program than either VMI or the Citadel, and the SoCon would not be burdened with the weak athletics of VMI.

Everybody wins, the SoCon, the Big South (they get the Citadel), VMI (they get to remain in a conference that offers their best opportunity for success, and finally, Coastal Carolina gets out of the Big South.

So, do we make the trade?

YES. Some programs have gotten too big for their pants! Or, should I say some "live in a want to be land." Come and get some if your not scared! But if you're scared...say you're scared!

CID1990
May 12th, 2013, 12:31 AM
Since the Citadel leads the charge NOT to bring in Coastal Carolina into the SoCon,

You really are a dumba$$.

Sent from the center of the universe.

CID1990
May 12th, 2013, 12:33 AM

That's because we control Wofford's vote, YT. Haven't you heard?

We also are the puppeteers for Furman and the other 3-4 schools that prefer other schools over CCU.

Wewinulose
May 12th, 2013, 01:01 AM

CID, Im new here. Have you ever played football. I have watched your posts for quite some time and have come to the conclusion that you were either bullied or persecuted by a CCU player or student?
Say you?

CID1990
May 12th, 2013, 01:26 AM
CID, Im new here. Have you ever played football. I have watched your posts for quite some time and have come to the conclusion that you were either bullied or persecuted by a CCU player or student?
Say you?

Dude you are creepy on so many levels.

Go measure dicks somewhere else.

seantaylor
May 12th, 2013, 02:04 AM
They should, but they won't. Jimmy Iovine running the conference into the ground.

dgtw
May 12th, 2013, 06:33 AM
I wasn't aware schools could be traded like baseball players.

Laker
May 12th, 2013, 06:54 AM
I wasn't aware schools could be traded like baseball players.

You can't trade teams yet, but you can draft celebrities.

http://www.comedycentral.com/video-clips/b224ei/chappelle-s-show-the-racial-draft

elcid83
May 12th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Since The Citadel and Furman are the elder members of the SOCON [circa 1936] I suspect the Bulldogs are pretty safe.

Go Bulldogs!

The Cats
May 12th, 2013, 08:30 AM

Since CID1990 leads the charge NOT to bring in Coastal Carolina into the SoCon,

fixed it.... I'm sorry I didn't give you personal credit in the poll for leading the charge, my bad.

Does this make you happy?

Still mad at me? xeyebrowx

CID1990
May 12th, 2013, 09:19 AM
fixed it.... I'm sorry I didn't give you personal credit in the poll for leading the charge, my bad.

Does this make you happy?

Still mad at me? xeyebrowx

You know, I've been fairly civil to you but now you are just starting to sound like a fccking juvenile. You also apparently don't have very good reading comprehension skills- I personally dont care about CCU's potential membership one way or the other. I said why they wouldnt get an invite, and then the whiners like you have been spilling ink ever since. Then when the SoCon's apparent choices were pretty much exactly what I said they would be its like you have completely gone off the rails.

Congratulations- you've started a thread that is being taken seriously by you, Seantaylor, and some new retard from Myrtle Beach who can't punctuate or spell. Maybe I should send you and retard a picture of me to jack off to.

MplsBison
May 12th, 2013, 11:50 AM

No kidding. This thread is a joke.

Sorry...but you don't "trade" a school that's been in the conference since 1936 -- unbroken!

DoWe
May 12th, 2013, 12:10 PM

Sorry...but you don't "trade" a school that's been in the conference since 1936 -- unbroken!

Of course this thread is a joke. So is the bellhop poster's suggestion that VMI is a better choice than Coastal for SoCon membership. Funny stuff!

Sandlapper Spike
May 12th, 2013, 12:45 PM
The disconnect here is amazing...

Name the administration at a SoCon school that you are confident would support Coastal Carolina's admission. Not the fan base (fan bases don't get votes), the administration.

CID1990
May 12th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Of course this thread is a joke. So is the bellhop poster's suggestion that VMI is a better choice than Coastal for SoCon membership. Funny stuff!

The only thing that's funny is the butthurt being displayed. VMI is likely getting an invite. CCU isn't. I have said why. All you and the other 3 retards can come up with us that it is somehow because The Citadel owns the SoCon. Brilliant!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/13/7yqyvare.jpg

The Cats
May 12th, 2013, 06:33 PM

Of course the poll was a joke.

I did it to just to PISS off CID1990.

Guess what, his chain is so easy to pull.

CID1990
May 12th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Of course the poll was a joke.

I did it to PISS off that retard CID1990. Guess what, his chain is so easy to pull. What a blowhard.

Now he's on a roll, down doggie, the growl is much worse than the bite. xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx

You're the one starting threads, sweetheart. Who's the blowhard?

The Cats
May 12th, 2013, 06:40 PM
You're the one starting threads, sweetheart. Who's the blowhard?

....and you're the one mad, showing your a$$, calling people retards, which by the way is not politically correct, if you haven't heard.

Please call us mentally challenged in the future. xblehx

CID1990
May 12th, 2013, 06:43 PM
....and you're the one mad showing your a$$, calling people retards, which by the way is not politically correct, if you haven't heard.

Please call us mentally challenged in the future. xblehx

Anyone who thinks The Citadel is the Bohemian Grove of the Southern Conference is not mentally challenged. They are a retard.

The Cats
May 12th, 2013, 06:51 PM
Breaking news......

The Catamounts just won the Regular Season Baseball Championship of the Southern Conference with today's win over Wofford, 10-7 for the weekend sweep of the Terriers.

DoWe
May 12th, 2013, 08:51 PM
Anyone who does not think the Citadel considers themselves the Bohemian Grove of the Southern Conference is not mentally challenged. They are a retard.

Fixed that for you buddy.

ASUMountaineer
May 13th, 2013, 09:05 AM
CID1990, we agree on many things with football being the exception. Kudos for continually taking it to The Cats. I guess he's setting up shop here now that App posters have essentially left Catamount Pride. The guy is a basket case, but eventually he eventually cries the victim while hurling insults and commanding you to "get off our board." While fun at first, it gets old quickly...just a friendly heads-up. xlolx

CID1990
May 13th, 2013, 09:19 AM
CID1990, we agree on many things with football being the exception. Kudos for continually taking it to The Cats. I guess he's setting up shop here now that App posters have essentially left Catamount Pride. The guy is a basket case, but eventually he eventually cries the victim while hurling insults and commanding you to "get off our board." While fun at first, it gets old quickly...just a friendly heads-up. xlolx

Yeah I figured he might be suffering from some separation anxiety with you guys leaving.

BTW- we probably disagree on less than you think- I do think they would be competitive immediately. At least we know for sure they can beat Furman, which means WCU and Elon too. I don't think they wouldn't contribute athletically; I just think that they would be an outlier in many other respects, and it looks like at least a small majority of SoCon schools are also thinking along those lines.

The Cats
May 13th, 2013, 10:40 AM

You're behind times. I haven't been posting on the pride board for a couple of years.

Your problem with me is that I wouldn't lie down and let the ASU fans that flooded the pride board run all over us. At the time, just protecting my own board, same as you would have done in my place.

By the way, good luck in your new home. Now that you guys are leaving, I like ASU a lot more. As far as the pride board goes, have at it, as I said, you drove me away from there a couple years ago.

ASUMountaineer
May 13th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Yeah I figured he might be suffering from some separation anxiety with you guys leaving.

BTW- we probably disagree on less than you think- I do think they would be competitive immediately. At least we know for sure they can beat Furman, which means WCU and Elon too. I don't think they wouldn't contribute athletically; I just think that they would be an outlier in many other respects, and it looks like at least a small majority of SoCon schools are also thinking along those lines.

I don't really have a thought on the CCU debate. As cold as this sounds, it's not for App State fans to really be concerned about. If the SoCon wants CCU, they'll get CCU. While I don't see the advantage of VMI over CCU, it's not really something I'm given much thought too, but it is funny reading the threads. The only time we've really disagreed CID is about App State's move to the SBC. Other than that, we're usually on the same page.

ASUMountaineer
May 13th, 2013, 01:56 PM
You're behind times. I haven't been posting on the pride board for a couple of years.

Your problem with me is that I wouldn't lie down and let the ASU fans that flooded the pride board run all over us. At the time, just protecting my own board, same as you would have done in my place.

By the way, good luck in your new home. Now that you guys are leaving, I like ASU a lot more. As far as the pride board goes, have at it, as I said, you drove me away from there a couple years ago.

I didn't know you had quit posting on the CP. I never posted much over there, but the few times that I did (and it was never derogatory towards WCU), you blasted me. My problem with you was the way you played the victim. It became quite humorous.

Anyways, best of luck to West Carolina. You guys should be in a position to make some strides this season with a good coaching staff in place with a year behind them.

Apphole
May 13th, 2013, 02:10 PM

There's no shortage of irate crazies on the Western Board. No reason to single The Cats out. Gibson banned me for interjecting facts into their wonderful conversations about Moore/Cobb/Peacock being rape mongers.

ASUMountaineer
May 13th, 2013, 02:26 PM
There's no shortage of irate crazies on the Western Board. No reason to single The Cats out. Gibson banned me for interjecting facts into their wonderful conversations about Moore/Cobb/Peacock being rape mongers.

The Cats singled himself out a lot a few years ago. If I can find my Delphi login info, I can probably dig up some hilarious PM's he sent me. xlolx

Apphole
May 13th, 2013, 02:31 PM
The Cats singled himself out a lot a few years ago. If I can find my Delphi login info, I can probably dig up some hilarious PM's he sent me. xlolx

Not saying he isn't a loon or a martyr, just saying he's not atypical for a Can'tAmount fan. Birds of a feather, right?

But yes, please let me read those PMs.

ASUMountaineer
May 14th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Not saying he isn't a loon or a martyr, just saying he's not atypical for a Can'tAmount fan. Birds of a feather, right?

But yes, please let me read those PMs.

Would Catamount Man (aka PsychoCat) be atypical?

Check your PM's.