PDA

View Full Version : FCS wins over FBS

FanofFCS
May 7th, 2013, 01:26 PM
TSN has an FCS-FBS story.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/writers/infcshuddle/archive/haley_05_07_2013.htm

Are than any locks this season? Maybe James Madison over Akron or ODU over Idaho.

IBleedYellow
May 7th, 2013, 02:25 PM
I don't think we'll have a shot at getting back to double digits of FCS over FBS wins, with 5-8 being more expected but it's a Saturday for a reason.

Cal Poly should get Colorada State.
NDSU can get KSU
Maybe MSU can showup against SMU, probably not.
Eastern Washington probably will lose to the Beavers, they look to be on the upswing.
UCA over Colorado, Colorada aswell as St. are both bad teams, and I don't see them better this year.
JMU will probably be able to handle Akron aswell.

ODU over Idaho I won't call FCS anymore, they're going FBS transitional.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 7th, 2013, 02:34 PM
I don't think we'll have a shot at getting back to double digits of FCS over FBS wins, with 5-8 being more expected but it's a Saturday for a reason.

Cal Poly should get Colorada State.
NDSU can get KSU
Maybe MSU can showup against SMU, probably not.
Eastern Washington probably will lose to the Beavers, they look to be on the upswing.
UCA over Colorado, Colorada aswell as St. are both bad teams, and I don't see them better this year.
JMU will probably be able to handle Akron aswell.

ODU over Idaho I won't call FCS anymore, they're going FBS transitional.

ODU and Idaho are both quasi FBS this year.

BEAR
May 7th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Dateline, Upset City? - Central Arkansas at Colorado (Sept. 7). It's a shame this game won't be played on the purple-and-gray turf in Conway. The Bears don't lose there.

That game might be coach Conque's 100th coaching win if they can pull off the upset. And this team has the talent and drive to do it. But will those "scholarship depth" issues come into play so high up in the mountains of Boulder Colorado?

Twentysix
May 7th, 2013, 02:53 PM
That game might be coach Conque's 100th coaching win if they can pull off the upset. And this team has the talent and drive to do it. But will those "scholarship depth" issues come into play so high up in the mountains of Boulder Colorado?

It shouldn't Colorado is bbbbbbbad to the bone.

NoDak 4 Ever
May 7th, 2013, 02:57 PM
ODU and Idaho are both quasi FBS this year.

I almost made that joke. Bravo. That was much better than I was going to do.

BEAR
May 7th, 2013, 02:58 PM
It shouldn't Colorado is bbbbbbbad to the bone.

xlolx

I thought they were hot, hot, hot!

BluBengal07
May 7th, 2013, 09:04 PM
Jackson State should walk through Tulane, but JSU has developed a habit of having a slow start.

McNeese75
May 7th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Jackson State should walk through Tulane, but JSU has developed a habit of having a slow start.

Frickin Tulane always seems to pull a rabbit out of the hat when it comes to their FCS games.

dgtw
May 7th, 2013, 09:24 PM
Georgia State plays both Jax State and Chatty, good chance for two FCS wins there.

Thundar
May 7th, 2013, 09:55 PM
as much as I hate to say it, KSU beats NDSU but it won't be a blow out

but I'll take the following and not be too upset

6-4 vs FBS
10-1 in the FCS playoffs
2-0 in the FCS National Championship game
1 outright MVFC championship
1 outright GWFC Championship
1 shared MVFC Championship

not to shabby considering we were DII less than 10 yrs ago, so no matter what happens vs KSU I'm proud as heck

Lehigh'98
May 7th, 2013, 10:58 PM
as much as I hate to say it, KSU beats NDSU but it won't be a blow out

but I'll take the following and not be too upset

6-4 vs FBS
10-1 in the FCS playoffs
2-0 in the FCS National Championship game
1 outright MVFC championship
1 outright GWFC Championship
1 shared MVFC Championship

not to shabby considering we were DII less than 10 yrs ago, so no matter what happens vs KSU I'm proud as heck

Pfffft, I'd like to see you guys survive the gauntlet of a Patriot League or Ivy League schedule year in and year out. Not only would you get smacked around and outmuscled but we'd have your whole fanbase buying collateralized debt obligations before the game was over. You wouldn't have those fancy numbers if it weren't for the weak *** MVFC!!

frozennorth
May 7th, 2013, 11:20 PM
i think NDSU over KSU might be the best bet(!!!!). Poly and jmu also have high potential. I'd give ndsu 60% odds, poly 50% and uca 40%.

Also, don't count out sdsu if you are looking for the bigtime upset. SDSU is good enough and nebraska inconstant enough for it to happen. I'm giving serious thought to taking that saturday off and going to that game.

*edit: just saw JSU and georgia state. thats gotta be better odds than ndsu/ksu

Thundar
May 7th, 2013, 11:26 PM
Pfffft, I'd like to see you guys survive the gauntlet of a Patriot League or Ivy League schedule year in and year out. Not only would you get smacked around and outmuscled but we'd have your whole fanbase buying collateralized debt obligations before the game was over. You wouldn't have those fancy numbers if it weren't for the weak *** MVFC!!

never thought of it this way, but I still like our record......

although Yale did beat 2 Hockey powerhouses this year so maybe they can do it on the gridiron this year

Bogus Megapardus
May 7th, 2013, 11:27 PM

Huh???? Are you serious? NDSU? The Bison would blow apart any Ivy or Patriot schedule, save for Harvard. Get real, dude.

Lehigh'98
May 7th, 2013, 11:31 PM
Touch o sarcasm there Bogus...

Lehigh'98
May 7th, 2013, 11:37 PM
BTW, Lehigh still handles its business against Harvard..

IBleedYellow
May 8th, 2013, 12:15 AM
If that wasn't sarcasm, xlolx

But, I'm like 100% sure that it was.

I still have faith that we are catching KSU at the perfect time for an upset.

Bogus Megapardus
May 8th, 2013, 12:17 AM
I stand corrected . . . :o

IBleedYellow
May 8th, 2013, 12:17 AM
Well, your statement is still true. :)

Last time we played Lehigh it was 24-0. No matter what you say, Twitter doesn't stop a defense.

HailSzczur
May 8th, 2013, 12:30 AM
I'm not holding my breathe for a Nova/BC upset, but our style of play matches up real well against them. They were bottom 5%-10% in rush defense last year in all of the FBS. The last few years they're also been a pass happy team on offense without a huge ground threat (at least thats what the stats show). After seeing how SBU ran right over us in the playoffs thats a plus, especially with a little more depth in the secondary this year.

CFBfan
May 8th, 2013, 06:53 AM
Look for Colgate to stun Air Force to open the season.....

Mattymc727
May 8th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Is Central Michigan any good? I literally have no idea.

NoDak 4 Ever
May 8th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Is Central Michigan any good? I literally have no idea.

They were kind of a turd last year. Good news for you, they will probably get beat up pretty badly at Michigan the week before.

Mattymc727
May 8th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Perhaps, I wish we were playing them before Michigan however, so they could be overlooking a lowly FCS team like us. Usually Im pretty confifent in UNH against the FBS, but we have had very poor results the last 3 years. Id put my money on CMU right now, but its as good a shot as any.

NoDak 4 Ever
May 8th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Perhaps, I wish we were playing them before Michigan however, so they could be overlooking a lowly FCS team like us. Usually Im pretty confifent in UNH against the FBS, but we have had very poor results the last 3 years. Id put my money on CMU right now, but its as good a shot as any.

NDSU beat them by 30 back in 2007 while still in transition and they won the MAC that year. Take what you want from that, they had to scratch to get above .500 last year.

CID1990
May 8th, 2013, 09:04 AM
TSN has an FCS-FBS story.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/writers/infcshuddle/archive/haley_05_07_2013.htm

Are than any locks this season? Maybe James Madison over Akron or ODU over Idaho.

Samford vs. GSU and UTC vs GSU are both locks.

Both teams will win big.

CID1990
May 8th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Georgia State plays both Jax State and Chatty, good chance for two FCS wins there.

I should have read the posts first before posting.

I don't think Sammy and UTC have a good chance, I think GSU has no chance.