PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Moore on ASU vs NC State

SoCon48
September 4th, 2006, 11:49 AM
I like this one, even though it is a little dig at the wuffs. it rings true:

"To win in the ACC," Moore said, "they're (the Wolfpack) going to have to do a lot of things better or they wasted three hours - and they won."

Jerry about his App:

Regardless of outcomes, Moore prefers lining up against established I-A teams at least once each season. Last year, ASU lost at Kansas 36-8 and at LSU 24-0.

"We've enjoyed playing in tough places to play," Moore said. "We've been to Clemson and Auburn, LSU, Marshall and places like that. I don't think you'd want it any other way. Jeez, I mean, in sports that's what makes you better. It wouldn't do us any good to go score 70 points against anybody (meaning opening with a patsy). That's not what this team needs."

Reminder: Last year, App State lost to Kansas and came back to KBS and sent the Chickens' Wangs from Coastal home with a 27 pt loss. Later lost to LSU by 4 TD's and came home to Boone and dispatched the Catamounts by 28.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 4th, 2006, 12:41 PM
I like this one, even though it is a little dig at the wuffs. it rings true:

"To win in the ACC," Moore said, "they're (the Wolfpack) going to have to do a lot of things better or they wasted three hours - and they won."

Jerry about his App:

Regardless of outcomes, Moore prefers lining up against established I-A teams at least once each season. Last year, ASU lost at Kansas 36-8 and at LSU 24-0.

"We've enjoyed playing in tough places to play," Moore said. "We've been to Clemson and Auburn, LSU, Marshall and places like that. I don't think you'd want it any other way. Jeez, I mean, in sports that's what makes you better. It wouldn't do us any good to go score 70 points against anybody (meaning opening with a patsy). That's not what this team needs."

Reminder: Last year, App State lost to Kansas and came back to KBS and sent the Chickens' Wangs from Coastal home with a 27 pt loss. Later lost to LSU by 4 TD's and came home to Boone and dispatched the Catamounts by 28.

Hope NC State people won't take this as a comment from a bitter loser. I think he was saying mainlny that his team could have played a lot better. I remember after we destroyed App State in Paulson in '04 he told the Statesboro Herald "we played like a bunch of sissies".

ASU Kep
September 4th, 2006, 04:46 PM
I'm still coping with the punt on 4th and one and the conservative playcalling. I'm not saying he cost us the game or anything, but I think we should've thrown a little bit more at 'em and took a few chances in the second half. That game was NEVER out of reach.

edit: BTW, I love Coach Moore, it's just I didn't understand some things about that game. :)

catamount man
September 4th, 2006, 04:49 PM
Later lost to LSU by 4 TD's and came home to Boone and dispatched the Catamounts by 28.

Ya just HAD to mention it didn't ya?!:D :D :D

j/k-remember, you have an open invite to our tailgate in the 'whee on 11/11/06.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

P/S-Good showing against Chucky and his pups 2 days ago.

SoCon48
September 4th, 2006, 10:28 PM
Hope NC State people won't take this as a comment from a bitter loser. I think he was saying mainlny that his team could have played a lot better. I remember after we destroyed App State in Paulson in '04 he told the Statesboro Herald "we played like a bunch of sissies".
You're right, knowing Moore, it certainly wasn't from a sore loser.
I had predicted we'd lose by 3 TD's and we only lost by 2.

SoCon48
September 4th, 2006, 10:32 PM
Ya just HAD to mention it didn't ya?!:D :D :D

j/k-remember, you have an open invite to our tailgate in the 'whee on 11/11/06.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

P/S-Good showing against Chucky and his pups 2 days ago.

Hey, catamount. If you guys can bring up the '98 Hoover victory over and over and over and over, surely i can relish last year's win in front of more fans than any other opponent helped bring to Boone, you can indulge me just a little.:nod:
And umm how many times have the Cats reminded the Furms of the butt kicking you gave them last year? xlolx