PDA

View Full Version : FCS Players likely to get drafted

smallcollegefbfan
April 7th, 2013, 01:52 PM
I'm waiting another week until all pro days are done to get feedback from my connections but here are my 3 categories of how likely FCS players are to get drafted with locks, 50/50, and slight shots. This is based on general consensus. There are some teams who have guys in my 50/50 or locks as definite PFAs but others who have those guys in 4th-5th round. Then there are some in my slight shot that a team has them 5th-6th I'm sure but most have them 7th-PFA or PFA, etc.

Anyone on here know of a guy who has been busy with visits and workouts and not on this list?

LOCKS
OT Terron Armstead Arkansas-Pine Bluff
OG J.C. Tretter Cornell
WO Aaron Mellette Elon
SS J.J. Wilcox Georgia Southern
FB Kyle Juszczyk Harvard
OG Earl Watford James Madison
DT Jared Smith New Hampshire
DC Dax Swanson Sam Houston State
FS Jakar Hamilton South Carolina State
DC Robert Alford Southeastern Louisiana
WO Da'Rick Rogers Tennessee Tech
NT Montori Hughes Tennessee-Martin
DC B.W. Webb William & Mary

50/50
DC Demetrius McCray Appalachian State
WO Tyrone Goard Eastern Kentucky
WO Brandon Kaufman Eastern Washington
IB Brandon Hepburn Florida A&M
IB Keith Pough Howard
TE Josh Hill Idaho State
WO Ryan Spadola Lehigh
DE Mike Catapano Princeton
NT Nick Williams Samford
QB Brad Sorensen Southern Utah
OH Miguel Maysonet Stony Brook
OT Rogers Gaines Tennessee State

SLIGHT SHOT
OG Jamaal Johnson-Webb Alabama A&M
OG Terren Jones Alabama State
IB Jeremy Kimbrough Appalachian State
PT Sam Martin Appalachian State
RS Jesse Grandy Central Arkansas
WO Luke Tasker Cornell
IB Paul Worrilow Delaware
OT Aaron Adams Eastern Kentucky
OH Jerodis Williams Furman
DT Brent Russell Georgia Southern
FS Ben Ericksen Illinois State
OB Nate Palmer Illinois State
WO Rico Richardson Jackson State
WO Alan Bonner Jacksonville State
FB Dan Moore Montana
SS Jamaal White Northwestern State
OB Craig Wilkins Old Dominion
SS Cooper Taylor Richmond
TE T.J. Knowles Sacramento State
OB Devan Walker Southeastern Louisiana
OB Jayson DiManche Southern Illinois
WO Cordell Roberson Stephen F. Austin
WO Quentin Sims Tennessee-Martin
OC Lamar Mady Youngstown State

BEAR
April 8th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Don't forget a kid from UCA named Jeremy Jester...

DE/TE Jeremy Jester: 6-foot-3, 252 lbs., 4.81 40-yd dash, 33" vertical, 29 reps bench press (225 lbs.)

http://www.ucasports.com/images/2013/3/29/rp_primary_ProDay2web.jpg

Heard those bench reps really impressed the scouts. Since he was a transfer from Tennessee, I'd put him in the 50/50 category.

Outside chance or Free agent:

WR Isaiah Jackson (2011 senior): 4.4 40-yd dash, 39.5" vertical, 10'-7" broad jump

Scouts drooled over those numbers. Jackson is a serious athlete..but we'll see.

smallcollegefbfan
April 8th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Don't forget a kid from UCA named Jeremy Jester...

DE/TE Jeremy Jester: 6-foot-3, 252 lbs., 4.81 40-yd dash, 33" vertical, 29 reps bench press (225 lbs.)

http://www.ucasports.com/images/2013/3/29/rp_primary_ProDay2web.jpg

Heard those bench reps really impressed the scouts. Since he was a transfer from Tennessee, I'd put him in the 50/50 category.

Outside chance or Free agent:

WR Isaiah Jackson (2011 senior): 4.4 40-yd dash, 39.5" vertical, 10'-7" broad jump

Scouts drooled over those numbers. Jackson is a serious athlete..but we'll see.

The reason neither of them have a shot to get drafted in my mind are the fact they weren't at the combine, no all-star game, and they did not light it up during the season. Jester's numbers I got from scouts were 6030, 252, 4.83 and 4.86 40, 33 VJ, 9'6 BJ, 4.35 SS, 7.32 3-one, 29 bench reps, and 1.60 10-yard.

Jackson is one I remembered from before but I don't think he can get drafted. Didn't he go to a camp last year? He ran a 4.40 and 4.44 40 with a 39 1/2 VJ, 10'8 BJ, 4.29 SS, and 22 reps at 5092, 176 pounds.

BEAR
April 8th, 2013, 10:02 AM
I don't think either of them would be drafted, just that Jester might because of his reps and SEC background. But that won't be until the late rounds. Jackson might be a FA or even CFL. But those are two of UCA's best shots. Grandy is just too dang skinny and even though Croom's on field play was dominating, there are 10 of him in the SEC on every team. I've not heard anything about his prospects. OF course, this is coming from someone who watched all those who played at UCA and I went to the prodays and listened to the scouts that were there. All opinion though..looking for the best for the kids who really have the drive to be in the NFL.

smallcollegefbfan
April 8th, 2013, 12:45 PM
I don't think either of them would be drafted, just that Jester might because of his reps and SEC background. But that won't be until the late rounds. Jackson might be a FA or even CFL. But those are two of UCA's best shots. Grandy is just too dang skinny and even though Croom's on field play was dominating, there are 10 of him in the SEC on every team. I've not heard anything about his prospects. OF course, this is coming from someone who watched all those who played at UCA and I went to the prodays and listened to the scouts that were there. All opinion though..looking for the best for the kids who really have the drive to be in the NFL.

Well you definitely saw more than I did but from what I saw Grandy was the shot but like you said...too small...148 pounds won't cut it.... I was hoping for 165-170 pounds. He then ran a 4.50 40. That hurt. Had he ran a 4.19 or 4.22 I would say he has a shot to get drafted.

Jester looks the part. I would say he definitely gets a shot and with that ability if he can just flash in camp you have to think a coach puts him on a practice squad? Don't you agree?

seantaylor
April 9th, 2013, 02:10 AM
I really think Darius Eubanks will get drafted. And before the 7th round.

smallcollegefbfan
April 9th, 2013, 10:35 AM
I really think Darius Eubanks will get drafted. And before the 7th round.

Okay I have to ask what makes you think that? He have a lot of visits or workouts or just because you think he is that good?

AppAlum2003
April 9th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Okay I have to ask what makes you think that? He have a lot of visits or workouts or just because you think he is that good?

You've been around awhile... you know that seantaylor is allowed to state facts without ANY substantiating data.

ursus arctos horribilis
April 9th, 2013, 04:09 PM
You've been around awhile... you know that seantaylor is allowed to state facts without ANY substantiating data.

yes, but a simple volley back to him to see what he comes up with is always good to see as well. At some point we are gonna be discussing why one guy should be drafted over another due to his proclivity in shoe tying. This is the first step.:D

superman7515
April 9th, 2013, 07:13 PM
I think Worrilow will end up getting an invite to camp somewhere, but I wouldn't even put him in the slight category for draft prospects. Just my opinion though.

seantaylor
April 10th, 2013, 01:37 AM

His workout numbers are better than JJ's across the board. He was in Dallas this weekend for the super regional combine. Guy certainly looks the part, and has the ability to play multiple positions, and special teams.

lionsrking2
April 11th, 2013, 12:40 AM
I'm waiting another week until all pro days are done to get feedback from my connections but here are my 3 categories of how likely FCS players are to get drafted with locks, 50/50, and slight shots. This is based on general consensus. There are some teams who have guys in my 50/50 or locks as definite PFAs but others who have those guys in 4th-5th round. Then there are some in my slight shot that a team has them 5th-6th I'm sure but most have them 7th-PFA or PFA, etc.

Anyone on here know of a guy who has been busy with visits and workouts and not on this list?

LOCKS
OG J.C. Tretter Cornell
WO Aaron Mellette Elon
SS J.J. Wilcox Georgia Southern
FB Kyle Juszczyk Harvard
OG Earl Watford James Madison
DT Jared Smith New Hampshire
DC Dax Swanson Sam Houston State
FS Jakar Hamilton South Carolina State
DC Robert Alford Southeastern Louisiana
WO Da'Rick Rogers Tennessee Tech
NT Montori Hughes Tennessee-Martin
DC B.W. Webb William & Mary

50/50
WO Brandon Kaufman Eastern Washington
IB Brandon Hepburn Florida A&M
IB Keith Pough Howard
TE Josh Hill Idaho State
WO Ryan Spadola Lehigh
DE Mike Catapano Princeton
NT Nick Williams Samford
QB Brad Sorensen Southern Utah
OH Miguel Maysonet Stony Brook
OT Rogers Gaines Tennessee State

SLIGHT SHOT
WO Luke Tasker Cornell
OH Jerodis Williams Furman
DT Brent Russell Georgia Southern
FS Ben Ericksen Illinois State
OB Nate Palmer Illinois State
WO Rico Richardson Jackson State
WO Alan Bonner Jacksonville State
FB Dan Moore Montana
SS Jamaal White Northwestern State
OB Craig Wilkins Old Dominion
SS Cooper Taylor Richmond
TE T.J. Knowles Sacramento State
OB Devan Walker Southeastern Louisiana
OB Jayson DiManche Southern Illinois
WO Cordell Roberson Stephen F. Austin
WO Quentin Sims Tennessee-Martin
OC Lamar Mady Youngstown State

You forgot one who should at least be in the 50-50 group. I know you don't like him but there's a very good chance he sneaks into the 6th or 7th round ... PFA worsed case.

AppAlum2003
April 11th, 2013, 07:05 AM
You guys crack me up with your "inside information" on individual guys...

Sure, some guys slip through the cracks and go unnoticed. But the ridiculousness of pretending to know more than SCFF is astounding. "Oh, well I disagree, so-and-so will definitely get drafted. I know it." Um, based on what? SCFF literally speaks with NFL scouts and other people responsible for drafting players. How does what your school's message board says trump that?

smallcollegefbfan
April 17th, 2013, 02:48 AM
You guys crack me up with your "inside information" on individual guys...

Sure, some guys slip through the cracks and go unnoticed. But the ridiculousness of pretending to know more than SCFF is astounding. "Oh, well I disagree, so-and-so will definitely get drafted. I know it." Um, based on what? SCFF literally speaks with NFL scouts and other people responsible for drafting players. How does what your school's message board says trump that?

I would not say that. Some people on here may know something or hear a tidbit that I don't know. Yes, I speak to a lot of NFL people but someone could surprise me. Last year was the first time that nobody from FCS really shocked me on draft day outside of Johnson going 4th round and Gradkowski going all the way in the 4th. The rest of it was about right on par with what I had been hearing.

As for App I think you have McCray and Martin as the only two draft picks. I'm thinking Martin is 50/50, McCray is 70/30 and the rest of yours are free agents. Let's see if Martin goes 7th or signed quickly after draft, McCray goes 5th-7th, and the others sign. If so, then it's exactly what is expected.

seantaylor
April 17th, 2013, 03:55 AM
Eubanks is burning up the combines. He is going to get drafted. Listened to John Riggins spend about 6 minutes talking about him today.

smallcollegefbfan
April 24th, 2013, 11:55 AM
His workout numbers are better than JJ's across the board. He was in Dallas this weekend for the super regional combine. Guy certainly looks the part, and has the ability to play multiple positions, and special teams.

Yes he had a good weekend there. I would not be floored if he went in the 7th but it would have to take a team with a lot of picks who just fell in love with him. I don't think he gets drafted but I do think he makes a team as a free agent.

smallcollegefbfan
April 24th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Here is my updated list of FCS prospects with the best shot to get drafted.

OG J.C. Tretter Cornell
WO Luke Tasker Cornell