PDA

View Full Version : Rutgers coach's bad habits exposed in practice video

bonarae
April 2nd, 2013, 08:04 PM
http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9125796/practice-video-shows-rutgers-basketball-coach-mike-rice-berated-pushed-used-slurs-players

In the wake of this, the AD is reconsidering the job of the coach.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9127047/rutgers-scarlet-knights-ad-reviewing-mike-rice-job-wake-video

Laker
April 2nd, 2013, 08:22 PM
He should be fired. A coach can swear, or even put hands on me to reposition me. But not kick me or throw basketballs at my head. I like tough guys but this isn't tough, this is just bullying. If one of his players had popped him for doing that he would have been kicked off of the team.

ASUMountaineer
April 3rd, 2013, 07:28 AM
If one of his players had taken a free meal at Taco Bell from a booster he'd lose eligibility. Yet, this guy can verbally and physically abuse players and the NCAA is silent. The NCAA is a joke, and Rutgers is too if they don't finally do the right thing. I don't typically advocate for someone to lose their job, but given that I am able to get through my work day without throwing things at my fellow employees leads me to believe that this guy deserves to lose his job.

NHwildEcat
April 3rd, 2013, 08:29 AM
The AD should get fired too for dragging his feet and accepting such behavior or one of his coaches. What an embarassement to Rutgers...the NCAA should be looking into this sort of stuff and leaving the kids alone for the minor BS that they lose scholarships over.

Laker
April 3rd, 2013, 09:31 AM
ESPN said that Rice is fried and has been fired from his job at Rutgers.

NoDak 4 Ever
April 3rd, 2013, 11:17 AM
Say what you want about Mike Rice. I bet he's a hell of a dodgeball player. Pretty accurate on those ball throws.

Gil Dobie
April 3rd, 2013, 11:47 AM
Throwing the basketball balls didn't bother me, it's the slurs that got him rightfully fired.

My coach in HS used to throw balls at us all the time. We had a layup drill where he threw basketball at use to help us concentrate on making the basket. Hi my coach in the swimsuit area once, trying to pass the basketball between his legs.

HailSzczur
April 3rd, 2013, 12:36 PM
The obvious question looming over this whole situation: If ESPN didn't get a hold of and publish the tapes, how much longer does Mike Rice keep his job/

Go Lehigh TU Owl
April 3rd, 2013, 12:37 PM
Rutgers basketball was an embarrassment before this and will be going forward.

How can a flagship university a stones throw away from NYC and Philly suck so bad for so long?

HailSzczur
April 3rd, 2013, 12:40 PM
Rutgers needs to go ahead and hire Bobby Gonzalez to replace Rice. He's a big enough of a head case to fill the position

NHwildEcat
April 3rd, 2013, 02:12 PM
Throwing the basketball balls didn't bother me, it's the slurs that got him rightfully fired.

My coach in HS used to throw balls at us all the time. We had a layup drill where he threw basketball at use to help us concentrate on making the basket. Hi my coach in the swimsuit area once, trying to pass the basketball between his legs.

You're coach had a reason/strategy to throw the bballs...this guy just wanted to show his power and show his players they were nothing.

NHwildEcat
April 3rd, 2013, 02:13 PM
The school knew since November...so if it weren't for ESPN exposing them he would still be there. He must have something on the AD, or the AD is simply as stupid as he is. When will his walking papers be issued? No internal control.

bonarae
April 5th, 2013, 05:33 PM
In the past two days, the assistant coach and the AD have since resigned. The president's next, maybe?

Laker
April 5th, 2013, 05:58 PM
In the past two days, the assistant coach and the AD have since resigned. The president's next, maybe?

Well, the AD resigned too. I watched part of the press conference today- the school president and a guy on the board were really catching heat.

bonarae
June 15th, 2013, 06:32 PM
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/391170-did-rutgers-whistleblower-have-own-agenda?eref=sihp