PDA

View Full Version : Asheville Citizen-Times piece on end of Western Carolina vs App State in football

catamount man
March 31st, 2013, 08:15 AM
http://www.citizen-times.com/article/20130328/SPORTS/303280019/App-s-SoCon-departure-leaves-WCU-without-archrival

GO CATS!

The Moody1
March 31st, 2013, 03:06 PM
"“I get the sense since I’ve been here that the rivalry has been one-sided,” Eaton said. “The rivalry is us looking at them as a rival. I do not think people at ASU view us as a rival. "

Eaton is 100% correct.

catamount man
March 31st, 2013, 03:48 PM
"“I get the sense since I’ve been here that the rivalry has been one-sided,” Eaton said. “The rivalry is us looking at them as a rival. I do not think people at ASU view us as a rival. "

Eaton is 100% correct.

Unfortunately, he's right. I will be glad the two are no longer playing.

Smitty
March 31st, 2013, 04:12 PM
Unfortunately, he's right. I will be glad the two are no longer playing.

The way you have been posting lately shows that you are butthurt that they are leaving

GlassOnion
March 31st, 2013, 04:15 PM
The way you have been posting lately shows that you are butthurt that they are leaving

Not as much as the Lehigh fans.

catamount man
March 31st, 2013, 04:28 PM

Well I'm not trust me.

atlfcsfan
April 1st, 2013, 07:52 AM
Well I am sure at some point their paths will cross again on the football field. Maybe not in Cullowhee, but I can see App and Ga Southern scheduling their soon to be former conference rivals every now and then. As new FBS teams, they will want to schedule winnable FCS games, and WCU makes for a good candidate. But they probably cant pay the type of money Alabama and the SEC schools pay to schedule FCS teams.