PDA

View Full Version : New Big East To Expand In 7-10 Days

superman7515
March 14th, 2013, 10:50 AM
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9049766/source-new-big-east-announce-additional-members-7-10-days

The presidents of the Big East's seven Catholic schools -- DePaul, Georgetown, Marquette, Providence, Seton Hall, St. John's and Villanova -- met with their athletic directors in New York on Wednesday and will announce new membership for the new Big East within 7-10 days, according to a source who had first-hand knowledge of the meeting.

The presidents also told the ADs that a search firm has been hired to find a new commissioner.

Additional members have not yet been invited, so naming any set teams is premature, although the favorites remain Xavier and Butler out of the Atlantic 10 and Creighton out of the Missouri Valley. Dayton and Saint Louis also are candidates from the A-10, with Richmond probably a long shot.

bonarae
March 16th, 2013, 08:47 AM
And now this. Butler AND Creighton are joining the new Big East.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/21886474/reports-butler-creighton-to-join-new-big-east

401ks
March 20th, 2013, 12:04 PM
March 20, 2013

Dear Members of the Butler Community:

I am extremely pleased to announce that Butler University will join the elite Big East Athletic Conference in July 2013. As a member of the Big East, we will be joining a group of schools that represent an ideal fit for our University, both academically and athletically: Creighton University, DePaul University, Georgetown University, Marquette University, Providence College, Seton Hall University, St. John’s University, Villanova University, and Xavier University.

James M. Danko, President
Butler University

xthumbsupx

Laker
March 20th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Will the Big East stop at ten or will they add more? And who and when would they add them? People talk about Dayton and St. Louis and any number of other schools. But maybe they want to keep an 18 game round robin. The old NCC had that and to me it is the perfect number for basketball.

lquarles
November 20th, 2013, 08:43 AM
I definitely hope VCU joins. But if I had my way, they'd join the ACC.

Laker
November 20th, 2013, 11:15 AM
I definitely hope VCU joins. But if I had my way, they'd join the ACC.

They would have to start football. The ACC isn't happening. AAC? Still not without football.

lquarles
November 20th, 2013, 11:49 AM
They would have to start football. The ACC isn't happening. AAC? Still not without football.
I know. They do have club football now, though. Maybe a few years down the road they'll start a real team.

superman7515
November 20th, 2013, 12:49 PM
They had a chance when Richmond was getting out of City Field, but didn't have any interest.