PDA

View Full Version : Basketball Coaches Hiring/Firing Thread

superman7515
March 12th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Looks like Georgia Southern's head coach is the first out now that the off-season has started for some teams...

GSU Men's Basketball Coach Charlton Young Fired (http://savannahnow.com/sports/2013-03-12/gsu-mens-basketball-coach-charlton-young-fired)

STATESBORO -- Georgia Southern men's basketball coach Charlton Young has been fired, Eagles athletics director Tom Kleinlein said in a press conference Tuesday morning.

Young, a former Georgia Southern player, compiled a 43-84 record in four seasons. The Eagles were 14-19 this season and advanced to the second round of the Southern Conference tournament before getting knocked out by eventual champion Davidson.

"Where we needed to go was beyond where we're at right now," said Kleinlein, addressing a small group of media at the Bishop Field House overlooking Paulson Stadium.

Gil Dobie
March 12th, 2013, 11:14 AM
A lot of angry Gophers fans in Minnesota. Talk of getting some high buck alumni to buy out Tubby Smith's contract. He has been outcoached in almost every game this year.

superman7515
March 12th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Campbell Fighting Camels Coach Robbie Laing Fired (http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9041416/robbie-laing-fired-men-basketball-coach-campbell-fighting-camels)

BUIES CREEK, N.C. -- Campbell says Robbie Laing is out as men's basketball coach.

The school said Monday that Laing would not return next season as the Camels' coach.

The 55-year-old Laing was 114-185 in 10 seasons in Buies Creek and helped guide the Camels' move from the Atlantic Sun to the Big South.

Campbell went 13-20 this season and finished tied for third in the league's North Division with a 7-9 conference record. The Camels lost four of five to end the season, their eighth losing season under him.

bonarae
March 12th, 2013, 05:46 PM
I believe that all eight Ivy men's basketball coaches will stay on for next season...

Meanwhile, on the women's end, Dartmouth's Chris Wielgus has resigned.

CID1990
March 12th, 2013, 09:15 PM
Driesell will probably get one more season at El Cid.

Sent from the center of the universe.

superman7515
March 14th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Longwood Men's Basketball Coach Resigns (http://www.timesdispatch.com/sports/college/basketball/gillian-steps-down-as-longwood-basketball-coach/article_dc6425ea-8cc5-11e2-b1f8-001a4bcf6878.html)

Longwood men's basketball coach Mike Gillian resigned today after 10 seasons in command of the Lancers program.

Gillian, who departs with a 93-214 record, spent more time as the Lancers' head coach than anyone in the program's 37-year history. His tenure included Longwood's first six seasons at the Division I level and, this year, the Lancers' first season of Big South competition.

superman7515
March 14th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Marist Fires Coach Martin (http://hudsonvalley.ynn.com/content/top_stories/647443/martin-released-as-marist-men-s-basketball-coach/)

Martin has been with the Red Foxes since 2008. He came to Poughkeepsie after spending the 2007-2008 season as the assistant coach of the Memphis Tigers.

Under Martin's direction, Marist never had a winning record. In five years as head coach, he led his team to a 41 and 118 record. In 2009 alone, the Red Foxes only won one game. This year ended with a 64-70 loss to Siena in the first round of the MAAC tournament.

superman7515
March 14th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Siena Fires Its Basketball Coach (http://alloveralbany.com/archive/2013/03/12/siena-fires-its-basketball-coach)

Siena College announced today that it has "relieved" men's basketball head coach Mitch Buonaguro of his duties. From the press release:

"I'd like to thank Mitch for his dedication and commitment to Siena basketball the last eight years," director of athletics John D'Argenio said. "This change isn't being made for lack of effort. Basketball is important in the strategic direction of Siena. We have high expectations and aspirations for this program."

This move wasn't unexpected. The Saints were 8-24 this year, and 35-59 in Buonaguro's three years as head coach.

The last few years were a tough pill to take after the tenure of Siena's previous coach, Fran McCaffrey. The Saints won almost 70 percent of their games during McCaffrey's five seasons -- with NCAA tournament appearances, big upsets, and some of the program's best-ever players. Buonaguro was an assistant under McCaffrey. And when McCaffrey left to become head coach at Iowa, players lobbied for Buonaguro -- who, by all accounts, is a very likable guy -- to get the top job.

superman7515
March 14th, 2013, 07:54 PM
San Jose State Fires Basketball Coach George Nessman (http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_22781045/san-jose-state-fires-basketball-coach-george-nessman?source=rss)

San Jose State coach George Nessman was fired Wednesday after 86 wins in eight seasons in one of the toughest jobs in major college basketball.

His successor might not have it so bad.

Athletic director Gene Bleymaier, who will direct the search for a new coach, said SJSU is committed to upgrading the basketball program's infrastructure as it enters the rugged Mountain West Conference next season.

"Hopefully, we'll turn it around as quickly as possible,'' said Bleymaier, who fired Nessman a day after a season-ending 67-49 loss to Texas-San Antonio in the first round of the Western Athletic Conference tournament.

SJSU won't stand a chance in its new conference without increasing its recruiting budget and coaching staff compensation. And it must upgrade its laughable facilities...

superman7515
March 14th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Matt Brown Fired at UMKC (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/news/20130312/umkc-matt-brown.ap/index.html)

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- Missouri-Kansas City has fired basketball coach Matt Brown after six seasons and with the program poised to leave the Summit League for the Western Athletic Conference.

Brown was 64-122 with the `Roos, including an 8-24 record this season. The longtime assistant to current Michigan coach John Beilein had just one winning season in Kansas City. He had one year left on his contract.

The Roos' season ended Sunday with a 69-58 loss to North Dakota State in the quarterfinals of the Summit League tournament in Sioux Falls, S.D.

superman7515
March 14th, 2013, 07:59 PM
Fairleigh Dickinson Parts With Greg Vetrone (http://www.northjersey.com/sports/195498111_College_basketball__Fairleigh_Dickinson_ parts_with_Greg_Vetrone.html)

Fairleigh Dickinson fired men's basketball coach Greg Vetrone on Tuesday night after four seasons in which he compiled a 26-95 record.

The Knights were 7-24 overall and 2-16 in the Northeast Conference this season, and finished the year on a 15-game losing streak. They finished last in the league and failed to qualify for the conference tournament for the third consecutive season. During that span, the Knights were 7-47 in NEC games.

Vetrone was hired as interim coach in June 2009 after Tom Green was fired. Vetrone served the previous season as an assistant on Green's staff. Green had guided FDU to 407 victories and four NCAA tournament berths in his 26 years as coach.

Vetrone's interim tag was lifted after the 2009-10 season in which he led FDU to a 10-8 conference record and fifth place in the league.

However, the Knights then went 5-24 (3-15 in the NEC) in 2010-11 and followed that with a 3-26, 2-16 campaign.

Slammer50111
March 15th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Drake fired their head coach Mark Phelps yesterday.

superman7515
March 15th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Buffalo Fires Reggie Witherspoon (http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9057082/buffalo-bulls-fire-men-basketball-coach-reggie-witherspoon)

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- After 14 seasons, coach Reggie Witherspoon has run out of opportunities to lead the University at Buffalo men's basketball team to an NCAA tournament berth.

Witherspoon was abruptly fired on Friday, a day after the Bulls closed a 14-20 season with a 70-68 loss to Kent State in the quarterfinal of the Mid-American Conference tournament at Cleveland.

The move was regarded as a slight surprise, because Witherspoon had three years remaining on his contract. He was also the longtime face of the program and credited for successfully guiding the Bulls to respectability during their early days in the MAC.

"After much consideration, we determined that a change in leadership for our men's basketball program is necessary," first-year athletic director Danny White said, in a statement released by the school. "This was a very difficult decision because I understand the impact Coach Witherspoon made to our university and community. To be sure, our program is much stronger than when Reggie and his staff took over."

Witherspoon enjoyed seven winning seasons -- including four with 20 or more wins. He finished with a 198-228 record to rank tied for second with Arthur Powell (198-190) on the school list of career victories. He also led the Bulls to four postseason berths: the NIT in 2005 and College Basketball Invitational in 2009, '11 and '12.

ngineer
March 15th, 2013, 11:35 PM
Meanwhile Lehigh keeps its fingers crossed on Dr. Brett Reed. After a great three year tear, and our star now gone, I suspect some bigger and greener pastures will be calling soon.

bonarae
March 16th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Northwestern's Dance woes continue with the firing of Bill Carmody.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/21892013/the-bill-carmody-era-is-officially-over-at-northwestern

Go Lehigh TU Owl
March 16th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Northwestern's Dance woes continue with the firing of Bill Carmody.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/21892013/the-bill-carmody-era-is-officially-over-at-northwestern

I can't figure out why Northwestern struggles so much in basketball. They've figured out how to have a successful football program the last 20 years and they excel at many of the "lesser" sports so why can't they do it in hoops?

Carmody coached on of my favorite college hoops teams ever, '97-'98 Princeton. That was an awesome team that for some reason is forgotten. They finished ranked #7 in the final regular season poll IIRC. I'm pretty sure their only loss in the regular season came against #1 UNC in Chapel Hill. Ultimately, the were unjustly given a #5 seed in the tournament, beat UNLV in the first round before falling to Michigan State and the baby Flintstones.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
March 16th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Meanwhile Lehigh keeps its fingers crossed on Dr. Brett Reed. After a great three year tear, and our star now gone, I suspect some bigger and greener pastures will be calling soon.

If he leaves he better choose wisely. I saw Billy Taylor was fired from Ball State after a less than stellar few years in Muncie.

bonarae
March 16th, 2013, 06:05 PM
I can't figure out why Northwestern struggles so much in basketball. They've figured out how to have a successful football program the last 20 years and they excel at many of the "lesser" sports so why can't they do it in hoops?

Remember, the B1G is loaded with so many hoops programs with solid traditions: Michigan, Michigan State, Indiana to name a few. Northwestern sometimes can't compete with them; if they were only a mid major they would've been a regular in the Dance.

There have been zero Dance trips for Northwestern since 1938. xsmhx

superman7515
March 18th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Texas Tech fires everyone except the interim coach...

Texas Tech Fires Basketball Staff, With Exception Of Chris Walker (http://amarillo.com/sports/college-sports/2013-03-18/texas-tech-fires-basketball-staff-exception-chris-walker)

LUBBOCK — Texas Tech has fired most of its current basketball staff, with the exception of interim coach Chris Walker, according to multiple sources.

Members of the staff were told during an 8:30 a.m. meeting Saturday by athletic director Kirby Hocutt that they were being let go, sources told the Avalanche-Journal.

Hocutt, after briefly thanking the staff for its contributions this year, told them a search was still being conducted for a permanent head coach, a source said.

The staff members let go: Assistant coaches Jeremy Cox and Bubba Jennings, director of basketball operations Craig Wells, assistant director of operations Jim Shaw, director of video production Josh Mills and assistant director of video production Derrick Jasper.

The staff members will receive paid administrative leave until May 31.

Though Walker was not relieved of duty Saturday, he has not yet been named to the permanent position, according to a source.....

bonarae
March 20th, 2013, 03:03 AM
Cal State Northridge fires Bobby Braswell after 17 years.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/-college-basketball-mens-tournament/news/20130319/bobby-braswell-fired-cal-st-northridge.ap/?sct=uk_t2_a8

MR. CHICKEN
March 20th, 2013, 08:48 AM
17618.....MONTE'S..STILL EMPLOYED @ U.DEL........ZIADY...HASN'T HAD TIME....TA EVALUATE....HIS BODAH O' WORK.....SOON AS ELENA AN' COMPANY'S....TREK THRU...DUH LADY TOURNEY....IS OVERAH....AH SUGGEST......OL' ERIC......JES' READS UH PAGE O' TWO.....FROM GOHENS....(AFTERAH IT'S REPAIRED)....DUH EVALUATION...HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE FO' 'EM....:o...BROCK!!

bonarae
March 22nd, 2013, 05:15 PM
Ex-FCS team Hofstra fires Mo Cassara.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9084040/hofstra-fires-coach-mo-cassara-7-25-season

bonarae
March 24th, 2013, 09:02 PM
UCLA fires Ben Howland after a disappointing past few seasons.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9090636/source-ucla-bruins-fire-coach-ben-howland

Gil Dobie
March 25th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Tubby Smith at Minnesota

Smith Link (http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_22866187/gophers-basketball-tubby-smith-reportedly-fired)

Laker
March 25th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Tubby Smith at Minnesota

Smith Link (http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_22866187/gophers-basketball-tubby-smith-reportedly-fired)

Gil, what do you think about this? I've heard so much lately that he would have to win at least two games to keep his spot. Even a win over UCLA has lost it's luster. The problem is- who do they get to replace him? I think that Flip Saunders wants the job- they will have to pay BIG bucks to get some big name.

Maybe if they still had the $800,000 that they payed to North Carolina to get them off of the football schedule. Or made money on beer sales........

Gil Dobie
March 25th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Gil, what do you think about this? I've heard so much lately that he would have to win at least two games to keep his spot. Even a win over UCLA has lost it's luster. The problem is- who do they get to replace him? I think that Flip Saunders wants the job- they will have to pay BIG bucks to get some big name.

Maybe if they still had the $800,000 that they payed to North Carolina to get them off of the football schedule. Or made money on beer sales........

Saunders might do it for a hometown discount, but I would like to see Trent Tucker on his staff if named coach. Tucker can work with the kids on their shooting.

Being Norwood Teague is from VCU, there is talk of Smart and Alabama's head coach. The best guy out there, IMO, and Teague also knows him, is Stevens from Butler. I am sure the Gophers alumni paid for the buyout and will pay for any of these guys. Problem is UCLA, who do they get?

BisonAccountant44
March 25th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Saunders might do it for a hometown discount, but I would like to see Trent Tucker on his staff if named coach. Tucker can work with the kids on their shooting.

Being Norwood Teague is from VCU, there is talk of Smart and Alabama's head coach. The best guy out there, IMO, and Teague also knows him, is Stevens from Butler. I am sure the Gophers alumni paid for the buyout and will pay for any of these guys. Problem is UCLA, who do they get?

I've seen Smart, Stevens, and Saunders thrown out all day long as possible Tubby replacements, and I cannot fathom either Shaka or Brad leaving VCU/Butler to come to the UoM.

If Stevens didn't leave after the two Final Fours, he's not leaving the year before they get in the new Big East, and Shaka didn't take UoIL's giant suitecase of cash, so what is there to make him take one from UoMN (assuming they even have one) other than having his buddy as the AD?

If I'm Teague, Flip has to be priority 1, 2, and 3.

BisonBacker
March 26th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Tubby Smith at Minnesota

To bad NDSU doesn't do the same with it's womens BBall coach. What a joke she has turned out to be. Took a program that was down and managed to run it completely into the ground. Dorn needs to go to!

Gil Dobie
March 26th, 2013, 08:39 AM
I've seen Smart, Stevens, and Saunders thrown out all day long as possible Tubby replacements, and I cannot fathom either Shaka or Brad leaving VCU/Butler to come to the UoM.

If Stevens didn't leave after the two Final Fours, he's not leaving the year before they get in the new Big East, and Shaka didn't take UoIL's giant suitecase of cash, so what is there to make him take one from UoMN (assuming they even have one) other than having his buddy as the AD?

If I'm Teague, Flip has to be priority 1, 2, and 3.

Teague and Sr Assoc AD Mark Ellis created Villa 7, which is why Smart is coach at VCU, where Teague was the previous AD. That is probably why there is so much talk of Smart for the Minnesota job.

BluBengal07
March 26th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Jackson State hires Wayne Brent. Official announcement made Monday.

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20130326/SPORTS030101/303260046/Wayne-s-World-Brent-lands-dream-job-Jackson-State

...He wanted the job 10 years ago. He applied for it, but didn’t get it. JSU instead hired Tevester Anderson, who retired last week. “God gave me the strength and understanding to know that it wasn’t my time,” said Brent, who spent the past six seasons building a powerhouse at Callaway High School.

..And while Brent’s black Tahoe sits outside the gym, it’s what’s inside the gym (mainly the players) that will ultimately determine Brent’s success. He knows the importance of recruiting. He spent six seasons as an assistant at Ole Miss and cut his teeth in coaching as a graduate assistant at his alma mater, Northeast Louisiana.

“The plan is to get out and recruit and be visible,” said Brent. “Get to know the high school and AAU coach and whoever the key person is that helps the kids make their decisions. … I want to put a team on the floor that plays with passion and has a lot of fight.”

The JSU administration wasted little time in hiring Brent. The announcement came just a week after Anderson’s retirement.

“He is a coach with great connections with a winning record, and he is someone we think will keep the great tradition that we have at Jackson State,” said JSU athletic director Vivian Fuller. “We looked at everybody and he fit the mold and we got him here.”

Gil Dobie
March 26th, 2013, 03:20 PM
One reporter stated Minnesota AD Teague, Assoc AD Ellis and Smart are tight. Could be Smart on top of the list, if not probably another Villa 7 person.

Gil Dobie
March 27th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Today's rumor is Shaka Smart is in Minneapolis, ready to sign a 7 year 3.3 Million per year deal with Minnesota.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
March 27th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Today's rumor is Shaka Smart is in Minneapolis, ready to sign a 7 year 3.3 Million per year deal with Minnesota.

Career suicide...

Laker
March 27th, 2013, 02:27 PM

Will he get a new practice facility and a new "Willliams" Arena? xsmiley_wix

Gil Dobie
March 27th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Will he get a new practice facility and a new "Willliams" Arena? xsmiley_wix

What's wrong with the old Williams Arena ;)

Go Lehigh TU Owl
March 27th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Smart has turned down Minny and UCLA.

Laker
March 27th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Smart has turned down Minny and UCLA.

Sounds like he got a ten year extension. Now who is next in line in the Gopher coaching comedy?

Gil Dobie
March 27th, 2013, 10:29 PM
Sounds like he got a ten year extension. Now who is next in line in the Gopher coaching comedy?

Almost sounds like Smart wasn't the big name the Gophers are pursuing.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
March 27th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Almost sounds like Smart wasn't the big name the Gophers are pursuing.

I could see someone like Rick Barnes going to Minny. I think he's run his course at Texas.

Otherwise, Marshall from Wichita, Bennett St. Mary's, Boyle Colorado, Eustacy Colorado St. would be good choices. I really think Eustacy would be a great pick.

bonarae
March 27th, 2013, 10:53 PM
Meanwhile, Northwestern got Duke assistant Chris Collins.

http://tracking.si.com/2013/03/27/northwestern-chris-collins-next-coach/?sct=hp_t2_a8&eref=sihp

Gil Dobie
March 28th, 2013, 12:18 PM
I could see someone like Rick Barnes going to Minny. I think he's run his course at Texas.

Otherwise, Marshall from Wichita, Bennett St. Mary's, Boyle Colorado, Eustacy Colorado St. would be good choices. I really think Eustacy would be a great pick.

Currently the talk is about Flip Saunders, Fred Hoiberg ISU, Williams Marquette, Stevens Butler, Grant Alabama, Jacobson UNI and Marshall.

Interesting point about Eustacy. He made great progress with Colton Iverson in one year, after he transferred from Minnesota to CSU.

Gil Dobie
March 28th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Fred Hoiberg's name has come up for the Gophers. Not sure he would leave Iowa State, where he's called the Mayor of Ames.

Laker
March 28th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Currently the talk is about Flip Saunders, Fred Hoiberg ISU, Williams Marquette, Stevens Butler, Grant Alabama, Jacobson UNI and Marshall.

Interesting point about Eustacy. He made great progress with Colton Iverson in one year, after he transferred from Minnesota to CSU.

I thought that Colton was underused at the U. Ralph Sampson III was a bust.

And I wouldn't leave Ames if I was the Mayor either. They love him there.

NHwildEcat
March 28th, 2013, 07:22 PM
It would be nice for UNH to care about basketball and fire the loser they have. Bill Herrion is a complete clown who has no ability to coach a team.

Gil Dobie
March 28th, 2013, 09:58 PM
I thought that Colton was underused at the U. Ralph Sampson III was a bust.

And I wouldn't leave Ames if I was the Mayor either. They love him there.

Hoiberg gets 20 Million 10 year contract. :) Anyone want a raise, just call Norwood Teague at Minnesota.

Gil Dobie
March 29th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Today's Minnesota Coaching chase involves Flip Saunders, former player and NBA Coach.

Laker
March 29th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Today's Minnesota Coaching chase involves Flip Saunders, former player and NBA Coach.

They were talking about the Flip situation on KFAN and WCCO, and about the Twins, but not about the Gopher hockey loss to Yale. I found out by going on the computer.

bonarae
March 29th, 2013, 10:36 PM
Meanwhile, Texas Tech has its sights on Tubby...

Laker
March 30th, 2013, 12:19 PM
ESPN just said that Steve Alford was leaving New Mexico for UCLA.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
March 30th, 2013, 01:59 PM
ESPN just said that Steve Alford was leaving New Mexico for UCLA.

Interesting hire given how terrible Alford's teams (Iowa/UNM) have been in the tournament.

Laker
March 30th, 2013, 03:01 PM

I heard that Flip has turned down the Gophers. The shopping list is getting shorter.

bonarae
March 30th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Interesting hire given how terrible Alford's teams (Iowa/UNM) have been in the tournament.

And maybe the upset by Harvard cemented his decision to leave...

Laker
April 1st, 2013, 03:49 PM
Just heard about this: Tubby Smith to Texas Tech. It had been rumored earlier.

http://kstp.com/news/stories/s2982833.shtml

Gil Dobie
April 1st, 2013, 03:55 PM
Heard they wanted to help with chosing assistants aka Ryan Saunders might have been nixed.

bonarae
April 2nd, 2013, 01:59 AM
The Trojan Horses have plucked Enfield away from FGCU... xsighx

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9123661/usc-trojans-hire-fgcu-andy-enfield-men-hoops-coach

Laker
April 2nd, 2013, 07:45 AM

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9123661/usc-trojans-hire-fgcu-andy-enfield-men-hoops-coach

I'm wondering who they wanted more- him or his wife? :D

bonarae
April 2nd, 2013, 07:54 PM
Craig Neal is now the new head coach at New Mexico.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/21996606/craig-neal-gets-fulltime-gig-at-new-mexico

BluBengal07
April 2nd, 2013, 08:05 PM

interesting move. i though he'll hang around for at least another season. when you're hot, you tend to burn something or someone.

Laker
April 2nd, 2013, 08:23 PM
The Rutgers job should be opening up pretty soon..............

Gil Dobie
April 3rd, 2013, 12:05 PM
Richard Pitino of FIU (Not Rick his dad), is gaining momentum today for the Minnesota Gophers spot.

MR. CHICKEN
April 3rd, 2013, 01:40 PM
17650.....HAD UH...DRILL INSTRUCTOR...DURIN' BASIC TRAININ'.......WOODAH MADE DUH COACH SEEM...LIKE MR. RODGERS........BROCK!!

LIKED TA KICK YER SHINS........HANDED OUT...DOWN FO' 25's....LIKE DUH KARDASHIANS...GIVE OUT...PHONE #'s.....NOW AH'M UH BUFF CHICKEN...WHO WEARS...CATCHERS EQUIPMENT...'ROUND HENRIETTH.....JES SAYIN'..:o..AWK!

Gil Dobie
April 3rd, 2013, 04:02 PM
Richard Pitino will be announced as the new Gophers coach tomorrow. Third dip into the Billy Donovan coaching tree for Norwood Teague, Anthony Grant VCU, Shaka Smart VCU and now Pitino. Pitino turned around the Isiah Thomas mess at FIU.

Laker
April 3rd, 2013, 06:49 PM
Richard Pitino will be announced as the new Gophers coach tomorrow. Third dip into the Billy Donovan coaching tree for Norwood Teague, Anthony Grant VCU, Shaka Smart VCU and now Pitino. Pitino turned around the Isiah Thomas mess at FIU.

Can't say that I know much about this Petino. By now, any hire is starting to look good. But if some idiot comes out and says "This is the guy who we wanted all along!" I'll have to kick the speaker in the groin.

Gil Dobie
April 4th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Can't say that I know much about this Petino. By now, any hire is starting to look good. But if some idiot comes out and says "This is the guy who we wanted all along!" I'll have to kick the speaker in the groin.

With all the coaches that have turned down the Gophers job, it shows how far down Tubby had taken the program.

Laker
April 4th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Martelli, AKA Baby Rice, resigns. Saw the video on ESPN- he did the same crap.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/04/04/rutgers-assistant-mens-basketball-coach-jimmy-martelli-resigns/

Laker
April 4th, 2013, 09:56 PM
I wasn't in favor of the Rutgers AD getting fired until I read this. Now I've changed my mind. Rice will get a $100,000 bonus for lasting through the season.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/-college-basketball-mens-tournament/news/20130404/mike-rice-rutgers-bonus.ap/

bonarae
April 17th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Joe Dooley is now at FGCU.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/22091487/florida-gulf-coast-hires-ku-assistant-dooley-to-replace-enfield

Go Lehigh TU Owl
April 18th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Eddie Jordan was hired by Rutgers. I think this is a really good hire for Jersey State U....

TheRevSFA
April 18th, 2013, 03:05 PM
I didn't mention this on this thread, but SFA coach Danny Kaspar left to take job at Texas State. Assistant Brette Tanner is going to Abilene Christian.

SFA still has not hired a new coach yet.

TheRevSFA
April 22nd, 2013, 12:53 PM
SFA announces press conference tomorrow at 2:15.

Rumor has it that it will be Brad Underwood, current South Carolina assistant.

813Jag
April 24th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Southern gives coach Roman Banks a two year extension due to his work in leading a four win team prior to his arrival to 23 wins and a NCAA tourney birth.