PDA

View Full Version : Tszyu vs. Hatton

mlbowl
June 6th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Any boxing fans see this fight??? What a fight! I was baffled when Tszyu didn't finish the fight after 11 rounds.....I'm sure the scoring was very close. I'm only speculating, but it looked like Hatton broke Tszyu's nose.

ChickenMan
June 6th, 2005, 11:04 AM
Only saw the last few rounds... but I was shocked that Tszyu didn't come out for that last round. No doubt that Hatton was definately the fresher and really pressing the action in the few rounds that I saw... but Tszyu was still competitive and apparently the bout was close. Was Tszyu injured or just out of gas?

mlbowl
June 6th, 2005, 12:00 PM
Only saw the last few rounds... but I was shocked that Tszyu didn't come out for that last round. No doubt that Hatton was definately the fresher and really pressing the action in the few rounds that I saw... but Tszyu was still competitive and apparently the bout was close. Was Tszyu injured or just out of gas?

I didn't watch the post fight interviews but my friend said Tszyu gave no explanation.....It looked like he broke his nose early in the 11th but I'm not sure......his corner wanted him to continue.

ISUMatt
June 6th, 2005, 12:15 PM
I didn't watch the post fight interviews but my friend said Tszyu gave no explanation.....It looked like he broke his nose early in the 11th but I'm not sure......his corner wanted him to continue.

The fix was in, the scoring was too close and the only way to ensure Tszyu was to lose was him not coming out for the 12th!

blueballs
June 6th, 2005, 01:15 PM
In the post fight comments Tszyu was most gracious and conceded that the better man won. His corner MOL threw in the towel. He didn't mention any injury and there was no blood to speak of.

It was a heckuva fight, a classic. The crowd in Manchester was just great, supportive w/o being hooligans.

Hatton vs. Judah anyone???

mlbowl
June 6th, 2005, 01:53 PM
It was a heckuva fight, a classic. The crowd in Manchester was just great, supportive w/o being hooligans.

Hatton vs. Judah anyone???

Reminded me of the Arturo Gatti vs Mickey Ward fights