PDA

View Full Version : PATSY RATINGS 2013 - HOLY CROSS

Lehigh Football Nation
February 15th, 2013, 03:32 PM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2013/02/patsy-ratings-holy-cross-class-of-2017.html

THE RATINGS RACE WITH 2 TO GO:

COLGATE - 73
FORDHAM - 70
BUCKNELL - 51
LAFAYETTE - 49
HOLY CROSS - 34

CFBfan
February 15th, 2013, 04:04 PM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2013/02/patsy-ratings-holy-cross-class-of-2017.html

THE RATINGS RACE WITH 2 TO GO:

COLGATE - 73
FORDHAM - 70
BUCKNELL - 51
LAFAYETTE - 49
HOLY CROSS - 34

wow!!! that's awful

Go Lehigh TU Owl
February 15th, 2013, 04:04 PM
I'm not surprised by the low score. Based on what I read HC was definitely a step behind. Gilmore needs to figure out how to recruit better athletes to keep up CU, FU and LU.

Franks Tanks
February 15th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Calm down everyone. We have no evidence that the ratings are predictive of anything. Just for fun remember.

CFBfan
February 15th, 2013, 04:21 PM
why were they behind? late offers? wrong kids? ?

CFBfan
February 15th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Calm down everyone. We have no evidence that the ratings are predictive of anything. Just for fun remember.

so to your point frank, don't try to take the fun of this away!

RichH2
February 15th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Gilmore does well coaching up his kids. Biggest deficit last yr, they were slow. Cross did pick up some speed and OL.

Franks Tanks
February 15th, 2013, 07:52 PM
so to your point frank, don't try to take the fun of this away!

I'm not! I would however by shy to accuse Gilmore of not recruiting good enough athletes. All Gilmore is guilty of at this point is having a poor patsy rating.

ngineer
February 15th, 2013, 10:45 PM
Hate to agree with a 'pard, but these things don't mean sheet. There may be some truisms, but certainly not the truth. Not to say I don't enjoy them, as I do. Having known Gilmore during his time at Lehigh, I would not call him a bad recruiter by any stretch of the imagination. Sometimes, there are a host of reasons unkown to us as to why schools go after certain kids, and why kids and their parents make certain choices. Also possible a few transfers in the works?

carney2
February 16th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Hate to agree with a 'pard, but these things don't mean sheet.

You're right, of course. This is a fantastic bunch of recruits and the folks in Woo should take immediate action to clear display space for all those trophies to come.

CFBfan
February 16th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Yes!!! and Gilmore is such a good coach he lost to GU 2 of the last 3 years!!

carney2
February 16th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Yes!!! and Gilmore is such a good coach he lost to GU 2 of the last 3 years!!

Actually, Tom Gilmore is a good coach. On game day I'd rather have him than a lot of others you can name.

Lehigh Football Nation
February 16th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Actually, Tom Gilmore is a good coach. On game day I'd rather have him than a lot of others you can name.

Came a missed FG away from knocking off Lehigh last season. With a sub-.500 team. Yes, a damned good coach.

CFBfan
February 16th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Came a missed FG away from knocking off Lehigh last season. With a sub-.500 team. Yes, a damned good coach.

I don't know, after losing randal he had 3 "not so good" seasons in a row.....

Sader87
February 16th, 2013, 10:01 PM
I don't know, after losing randal he had 3 "not so good" seasons in a row.....

It's Randolph....who knows with these Patsy ratings....I do know that HC has at least a history (if a distant one at this point) with recruiting with full scholarships...I very much doubt next year's class is as poor as reflected in these ratings.

CFBfan
February 17th, 2013, 06:57 AM
It's Randolph....who knows with these Patsy ratings....I do know that HC has at least a history (if a distant one at this point) with recruiting with full scholarships...I very much doubt next year's class is as poor as reflected in these ratings.

sorry...thanks for the correction, i'm lucky i remember my name these days!
like most i enjoy the ratings for entertainment purposes only or at least mostly.
my comment was just that imo, i don't think gilmore is that good of a coach....could be wrong, just my opinion

carney2
February 17th, 2013, 09:52 AM
I very much doubt next year's class is as poor as reflected in these ratings.

Not to worry, 87, playing in the Patriot League will automatically make these guys atrocious. Put these same players in Cross uniforms in the Big Least,... Now, that's a different story.