PDA

View Full Version : PATSY RATINGS 2013 - FORDHAM

Lehigh Football Nation
February 14th, 2013, 11:32 PM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2013/02/patsy-ratings-fordhams-class-of-2017.html

THE RATINGS RACE WITH 3 TO GO:

COLGATE - 73
FORDHAM - 70
BUCKNELL - 51
LAFAYETTE - 49

CFBfan
February 15th, 2013, 06:11 AM
another nice job lfn

Fordham
February 15th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Thanks LFN. Well done.

Your wrap up references 2 transfers. Obviously one is Tebucky Jones from UCONN (former 3 star we didn't get full credit for!!! :D) - who is the other one?

Also, this is to answer your question about DB's and not to press for a re-eval but simply to address it since I had that same question for Coach at the Meet the Recruits as to why so many WR's and so few DB's. Basically, he understands that 1/2 of them will end up as DB's likely along with the one ATH; however, since he is in charge of the O he wants to fully evaluate them himself and see who is best on O v. D. Long-short, we're not as heavy at WR and thin at DB in this class as it appears. Solano and Marcus Jones are the two most likely to end up at DB imo.

Again, well done. I do think this along with Colgate are the kind of classes we PL fans were hoping for with the move to scholarships. It took us a little while to get there and hopefully we can string together a few more like this. It appears Colgate got it right from the get-go. I do believe that stringing together a few of these types of classes will help us to start expecting wins in the first rounds of the playoffs instead of blowouts or really tough, play-over-our-head losses (still one and done though).

PS - we're still going after kickers

RichH2
February 15th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Gate and Rams need to be norm for PL, not just best in a yr, for PL to improve yr to yr.

DFW HOYA
February 15th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Gate and Rams need to be norm for PL, not just best in a yr, for PL to improve yr to yr.

Colgate and Fordham have made the decision not to be the norm and will spend its way to be at the top of the league. Biddle will use scholarships to run over every team in the PL.

The result will be a two tier league of Colgate, Fordham and Lehigh up front and with Holy Cross, Lafayette, and Bucknell in the back.

superman7515
February 15th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Colgate and Fordham have made the decision not to be the norm and will spend its way to be at the top of the league. Biddle will use scholarships to run over every team in the PL.

The result will be a two tier league of Colgate, Fordham and Lehigh up front and with Holy Cross, Lafayette, and Bucknell in the back.

That's only six... Oh wait... I see what you did there...

CFBfan
February 15th, 2013, 12:11 PM

Aren't all 6 offering 15 per year / 60 in full??

DFW HOYA
February 15th, 2013, 12:14 PM
That's only six... Oh wait... I see what you did there...

I could have put seven but the idea of Georgetown being in the same tier as HC, Laf, and Bucknell would be a stretch after a few years.

Aren't all 6 offering 15 per year / 60 in full??

As far as we know, yes. But Wake Forest offers the same as Virginia Tech and there's a definite difference.

CFBfan
February 15th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Thanks LFN. Well done.

Your wrap up references 2 transfers. Obviously one is Tebucky Jones from UCONN (former 3 star we didn't get full credit for!!! :D) - who is the other one?

Also, this is to answer your question about DB's and not to press for a re-eval but simply to address it since I had that same question for Coach at the Meet the Recruits as to why so many WR's and so few DB's. Basically, he understands that 1/2 of them will end up as DB's likely along with the one ATH; however, since he is in charge of the O he wants to fully evaluate them himself and see who is best on O v. D. Long-short, we're not as heavy at WR and thin at DB in this class as it appears. Solano and Marcus Jones are the two most likely to end up at DB imo.

Again, well done. I do think this along with Colgate are the kind of classes we PL fans were hoping for with the move to scholarships. It took us a little while to get there and hopefully we can string together a few more like this. It appears Colgate got it right from the get-go. I do believe that stringing together a few of these types of classes will help us to start expecting wins in the first rounds of the playoffs instead of blowouts or really tough, play-over-our-head losses (still one and done though).

I've said this before but gonna say it again: Moorehead is a VERY good coach!! He's the real deal. Love his appoach on wr's to db's and the getting it right part was simply having the right guy bringing the kids in. FU should have a lot of good things to look forward too.....

jimbo65
February 15th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Thanks LFN. Well done.

I may have misunderstood a post and link on the Fordham board but I thought we signed a kicker from out west, possibly Oklahoma.

Fordham
February 15th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Agreed CFB!

Jimbo, I believe we had a kicker pretty much locked up but then he decided to take a preferred walk-on spot at Ok St so we are back to the drawing board.

CFBfan
February 15th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Agreed CFB!

Jimbo, I believe we had a kicker pretty much locked up but then he decided to take a preferred walk-on spot at Ok St so we are back to the drawing board.

HUGE void to fill for you, I'd be surprised if we don't see Murray on sundays.....

The importance of the kicking game was on full display when FU played GU, you saw the best and the worst and how much it impacted the game both in missed points and in a tremendous difference in field position.

CFBfan
February 15th, 2013, 01:27 PM
I could have put seven but the idea of Georgetown being in the same tier as HC, Laf, and Bucknell would be a stretch after a few years.

As far as we know, yes. But Wake Forest offers the same as Virginia Tech and there's a definite difference.

So How will Gate and FU spend their way to the top when ALL 6 offer the same number of full rides and ALL have comparable tuition??? AND using WF and VaTech as an example we now assume that Gate and FU run away with the league??? I don't get it??

DFW HOYA
February 15th, 2013, 01:37 PM
So How will Gate and FU spend their way to the top when ALL 6 offer the same number of full rides and ALL have comparable tuition??? AND using WF and VaTech as an example we now assume that Gate and FU run away with the league??? I don't get it??

If we assume the annual $3.5 million commitment on scholarships by 2016 will be comparable across the six schools, the ability to spend more on operating expenses, more on recruiting, more on travel, and more on coaches salaries can help to elevate one team over another.

Teams that spend more tend to perform better because they have more resources to recruit, more resources to develop talent, and a greater ability to execute on the field. Over time the better recruits will be drawn to the more successful programs without question. Otherwise, there would be an argument that Colgate and Bucknell will be equals on the field simply because both will field 60.

As to the seventh program sitting at 0, you can see the concern out there, and within Georgetown fans. If you can't get the recruits to begin with, all the talent development or coaching isn't going to do much good, even if the stadium issues suddenly took care of itself.

citdog
February 15th, 2013, 01:43 PM
The Patsy's are based on statistics. After reading below all of you yankees will HATE statistics.

In my view........

Statistics are racist, sexist, homophobic, change the climate, restrict access to birth control and abortion, and are generally mean-spirited.

anyone disagree?

CFBfan
February 15th, 2013, 01:44 PM
If we assume the annual $3.5 million commitment on schoalrships by 2016 will be comparable across the six schools, the ability to spend more on operating expenses, more on recruiting, more on travel, and more on coaches salaries can help to elevate one team over another.

Teams that spend more tend to perform better because they have more resources to recruit, more resources to develop talent, and a greater ability to execute on the field. Over time the better recruits will be drawn to the more successful programs without question. Otherwise, there would be an argument that Colgate and Bucknell will be equals on the field simply because both will field 60.

As to the seventh program sitting at 0, you can see the concern out there, and within Georgetown fans. If you can't get the recruits to begin with, all the talent development or coaching isn't going to do much good, even if the stadium issues suddenly took care of itself.

GU aside, if LU and LC even BU do a good job at keeping the local talent at home that would bring in very good classes. FU brought in a lot of local kids in this years class.

CFBfan
February 15th, 2013, 02:05 PM
The Patsy's are based on statistics. After reading below all of you yankees will HATE statistics.

In my view........

Statistics are racist, sexist, homophobic, change the climate, restrict access to birth control and abortion, and are generally mean-spirited.

anyone disagree?

dog, you forgot to take your meds again

citdog
February 15th, 2013, 02:11 PM
dog, you forgot to take your meds again

Don't be a cock your whole life.....take a day off now and again. xnodx

1standgoal
February 15th, 2013, 08:35 PM
I may have misunderstood a post and link on the Fordham board but I thought we signed a kicker from out west, possibly Oklahoma.

A kicker is on his way to Fordham...Michael Cioci

GateRaider63
February 15th, 2013, 09:06 PM
A kicker is on his way to Fordham...Michael Cioci

Watched a youtube clip of him. Looks decent enough, but still needs a fair amount of polishing. Still haven't figured out why kids kick field goals with a block when they know it is for recruiting. Also, if he takes that long getting the ball off on a punt he is going to get more blocked than Colgate did this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5-hCEaPlg4

Fordham
February 15th, 2013, 09:28 PM
douchey post 63

RichH2
February 15th, 2013, 10:23 PM
Not really Fordham. Rather honest. I watched the video. Unless your OL is perfect, he will be blocked often, if he doesn't speed up

CFBfan
February 16th, 2013, 06:55 AM
Fordham or Jimbo or other FU fans, is Murray persuing the NFL? Gotta think he's a pretty good bet to make it.....

Fordham
February 16th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Not really Fordham. Rather honest. I watched the video. Unless your OL is perfect, he will be blocked often, if he doesn't speed up

show me the other PL threads/posts even going back the past few years where a hs kid's recruiting film was ripped on.

Further, he's punting at a camp or for that recruiting film. Knocking him for taking too long to get the punt off in that circumstance is akin to watching film of a WR recruit run routes against no one just to show his hands and route running ability and seeing him get ripped by someone saying he'll never get off the line if he starts his pattern like that.

Not the end of the world but I stand by my comment.

CFB, absolutely - http://www.fordham.edu/campus_resources/enewsroom/inside_fordham/february_4_2013/sports_90165.asp

sounds like scouts will be on campus to look at him in March.

CFBfan
February 16th, 2013, 07:38 AM
show me the other PL threads/posts even going back the past few years where a hs kid's recruiting film was ripped on.

Further, he's punting at a camp or for that recruiting film. Knocking him for taking too long to get the punt off in that circumstance is akin to watching film of a WR recruit run routes against no one just to show his hands and route running ability and seeing him get ripped by someone saying he'll never get off the line if he starts his pattern like that.

CFB, absolutely - http://www.fordham.edu/campus_resources/enewsroom/inside_fordham/february_4_2013/sports_90165.asp

Good for him, great kid, very easy to root for him

GateRaider63
February 16th, 2013, 08:40 AM

I critique all kicker's videos. Comes with the territory. If they wanted to showcase his punting ability they would have just had him go with no snap. Filming with a snap means you are trying to show he can handle the snap and get it off in a decent amount of time. It's not a big deal. It'll take about 3 minutes for Fordham's coaches to fix it.

Maybe 6 minutes if they want him to get 2 punts in. xlolx

Gater
February 16th, 2013, 08:46 AM
I think 63 is more making fun of Colgate getting so many punts blocked last year--the lowlight being back-to-back punts blocked against Albany. Brutal. The kid is obviously not worried about how long it takes to get a punt off in that situation--it looks like he probably just got some coaching on his drop and it trying to be precise and get off the best punt possible--which is the only thing that matters there. The kid certainly seems to have a live leg. If he ends up being anywhere close to your last kicker, he'll end up being the second best kicker in league history. Hard not to root for Fordham in general these days. There is more excitement around Colgate football then there has been in years and a big part of it is Fordham forcing the league's hand on scholarships.

CFBfan
February 16th, 2013, 08:47 AM
I critique all kicker's videos. Comes with the territory. If they wanted to showcase his punting ability they would have just had him go with no snap. Filming with a snap means you are trying to show he can handle the snap and get it off in a decent amount of time. It's not a big deal. It'll take about 3 minutes for Fordham's coaches to fix it.

Maybe 6 minutes if they want him to get 2 punts in. xlolx

so we went from they better have an amazing line to protect him to it takes 3 mins to fix, maybe you shouldn't be hammering 17 and 18 year olds, especialy those you don't know and haven't seen live

GateRaider63
February 16th, 2013, 08:50 AM
so we went from they better have an amazing line to protect him to it takes 3 mins to fix, maybe you shouldn't be hammering 17 and 18 year olds, especialy those you don't know and haven't seen live

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd483/PacManDreaming/Foghorn-Leghorn-Thats-a-joke-son-You-missed-it-Flew-right-by-ya.jpg

GateRaider63
February 16th, 2013, 09:14 AM
I think 63 is more making fun of Colgate getting so many punts blocked last year--the lowlight being back-to-back punts blocked against Albany. Brutal. The kid is obviously not worried about how long it takes to get a punt off in that situation--it looks like he probably just got some coaching on his drop and it trying to be precise and get off the best punt possible--which is the only thing that matters there. The kid certainly seems to have a live leg. If he ends up being anywhere close to your last kicker, he'll end up being the second best kicker in league history. Hard not to root for Fordham in general these days. There is more excitement around Colgate football then there has been in years and a big part of it is Fordham forcing the league's hand on scholarships.

And yes, the original joke was more on Colgate. Lighten up, people. The kid is not going to be Patrick Murray overnight.

Gater
February 16th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Posted my initial response before I saw that 63 had posted his. I will say, in general (nothing to do with 63's post), that I am not a fan of ripping kids--whether they are recruits or dropping passes or missing field goals. Kind of wish people who rip 19-year-olds had to put their names on their posts. We'd find out how brave all of us keyboard warriors really are.

Sincerely,
Gater (which is my legal name)

Lehigh Football Nation
February 16th, 2013, 10:59 AM
I too am not a fan of ripping kids. Also, worth pointing out here that the Patsy ratings are very poor predictors of collegiate success overall. Many starred players make no impact. Many unheralded, no-star, no fog-a-mirror players come up and become stars. Ryan Spadola, no stars, 2 offers out of school (if memory serves me right): Lehigh and Monmouth.

GateRaider63
February 16th, 2013, 11:41 AM
I made similar *critiques* about Jonah Bowman's tape. Most notably that he still kicks like a soccer player, not like a football kicker yet. I know a little about kicking from being a kicker. I'm not blasting these kids, I'm pointing out what any college coach would point out on their first day of camp.

DFW HOYA
February 16th, 2013, 03:53 PM
I made similar *critiques* about Jonah Bowman's tape. Most notably that he still kicks like a soccer player, not like a football kicker yet.

Unfortunately, that's how a lot of kids are taught these days. When was the last time a college PK looked more like a Mark Moseley or a Fred Cox (to toss in a name from the past) and less like a generic soccer midfielder?

GateRaider63
February 16th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Unfortunately, that's how a lot of kids are taught these days. When was the last time a college PK looked more like a Mark Moseley or a Fred Cox (to toss in a name from the past) and less like a generic soccer midfielder?

I don't think it's unfortunate, it just takes time to make the subtle shift. Especially since he (Bowman) has only played football for a year or so.

superman7515
February 16th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Mark Moseley? HTTR! How many other kickers do you know with an NFL MVP?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dQ721eJblc

DFW HOYA
February 16th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Mark Moseley? HTTR! How many other kickers do you know with an NFL MVP?

And the greatest kicker of all time still waits for the call from the Hall of Fame.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Guy

superman7515
February 16th, 2013, 10:07 PM
And the greatest kicker of all time still waits for the call from the Hall of Fame.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Guy

Ray Guy wasn't a kicker.

DFW HOYA
February 16th, 2013, 10:50 PM
Ray Guy wasn't a kicker.

I think you know what was being referenced. P's and PK's (however defined) are underappreciated in the pro football HOF.

superman7515
February 16th, 2013, 10:53 PM
Touche

Fordham
February 17th, 2013, 05:35 PM
I made similar *critiques* about Jonah Bowman's tape. Most notably that he still kicks like a soccer player, not like a football kicker yet. I know a little about kicking from being a kicker. I'm not blasting these kids, I'm pointing out what any college coach would point out on their first day of camp.

Where's the link to those comments? Just curious

GateRaider63
February 17th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Where's the link to those comments? Just curious

Here's one place... http://www.voy.com/227566/2/3651.html

Fordham
February 17th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Watched a youtube clip of him. Looks decent enough, but still needs a fair amount of polishing. Still haven't figured out why kids kick field goals with a block when they know it is for recruiting. Also, if he takes that long getting the ball off on a punt he is going to get more blocked than Colgate did this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5-hCEaPlg4

A Colgate poster talks about how awesome your new kicker is and you reply by telling him that the "scary thing" is how good he'll be when he gets some coaching (how awesome will he be then!?!?)... and that rave review is supposed to compare with what you wrote above?

Not anywhere near the same planet.

I played too and could be a dbag that analyzes your recruits' videos just so I could knock them down a peg. Not going to do that though. Oddly, in all my years on here, you're the only PL fan who has.

GateRaider63
February 17th, 2013, 11:37 PM
A Colgate poster talks about how awesome your new kicker is and you reply by telling him that the "scary thing" is how good he'll be when he gets some coaching (how awesome will he be then!?!?)... and that rave review is supposed to compare with what you wrote above?

I played too and could be a dbag that analyzes your recruits' videos just so I could knock them down a peg. Not going to do that though. Oddly, in all my years on here, you're the only PL fan who has.

I said he looks decent enough. GOD I KILLED HIM, HE WILL NEVER RECOVER FROM THE TERRIBLE CRITICISM I LAID UPON HIM AND HIS FAMILY.

I then said that I was unsure why he was using a block which is more of a critique of whoever is running that camp.

I then said that he took forever to get that punt off, WHICH IS TRUE. And I made a joke about how if he continues to punt like that then the Fordham punt team will look like the COLGATE punt team. What a vicious attack on that young man disguised as a joke about Colgate's special teams.

What other terrible thing did I say about your nephew? (I assume this kicker must be related to you)

Criticize Colgate's recruits all you want. I don't care, won't take it personally, and look forward to whatever insight you can provide.

The quarterback that the team you root for recruited looks like God's gift to the Bronx. There. Am I back on your good side now?

xcoffeex

CFBfan
February 18th, 2013, 06:59 AM

Fordham with 63 clearly we are dealing with a Bill Parcels in the making here who must have also had a stellar playing career and to affirm that he beats up on teenagers camp videos.......clearly someone we all aspire to be like!!

GateRaider63
February 18th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Fordham with 63 clearly we are dealing with a Bill Parcels in the making here who must have also had a stellar playing career and to affirm that he beats up on teenagers camp videos.......clearly someone we all aspire to be like!!

Click on the link in my sig. You can find out all about me and my playing career. Spoiler alert: I played as many downs at Colgate as Bill Parcells did (he went to Colgate for a year). I don't hide behind my anonymous posts or a generic username.

It's probably because of people like you two that little kids can't keep score in soccer and tee-ball anymore. Everybody is a winner and everybody is great! xchinscratchx

Also, here is where I rip Patrick Murray to shreds.

https://twitter.com/ColgateFootball/status/282220401990443008
https://twitter.com/ColgateFootball/status/282231974750478336

jimbo65
February 18th, 2013, 02:03 PM
I have no info but it would be foolish not to. According to sports talk radio, fraft picks are not usually used for kickers. Certainly Ray Guy was an exception. I saw Murray in three home games. His kickoffs, punts and fgs were terrific. Not that I'm a judge of NFL talent but I would be amazed if he did not make the NFL.