PDA

View Full Version : PATSY RATINGS 2013 - BUCKNELL

Lehigh Football Nation
February 12th, 2013, 04:55 PM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2013/02/patsy-ratings-bucknells-class-of-2017.html

The next school up for consideration is Bucknell. How'd they do? Did they outperform Colgate? Or Lafayette?

RichH2
February 12th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Thought they might do a bit better. Didn't realize BU restocking an already stocked area. Good QB tho. I would've thought Susan would have gotten some RBs.

Lehigh Football Nation
February 12th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Thought they might do a bit better. Didn't realize BU restocking an already stocked area. Good QB tho. I would've thought Susan would have gotten some RBs.

My initial thought as well. However, it wasn't seen as a need area from fans, so I didn't include RBs.

bison137
February 12th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Thanks. A couple comments:

1. QB is stocked in terms of numbers but not quality. The best freshman QB left school at Thanksgiving.

2. RB is a marginal need, a little bigger now that one of the three frosh RB's quit, but likely still not a big one. In addition to the four current RB's, two of the incoming frosh - ticketed for CB - were both great H.S. runners (one 1st team all-state) and could see some time in that role if needed. Also a soph DB was a very good H.S. runner.

3. Actually 3 of the 4 DB's showed up on the recruiting sites: Bodolus (rivals/espn), Cardinali (rivals), and O'Brien (rivals, espn).

4. While there aren't a lot of guys with verifiable speed, there are a few who are demonstrably very fast, especially Carter and Medrano. Both ran 100M in 11.0 in state meets as juniors. That would have placed them among the PL's fastest 100M runners in last spring's PL track meet. Cardinali was listed with a 4.5 and Bodolus with a 4.54 but hard to say how reliable those are.

5. Hess had two stars from Scout until after he committed to BU. There are articles that still mention his two star status but it was changed after his commitment. FWIW, he had offers from Colgate and Youngstown State, among others.

RichH2
February 12th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Our Smith had same fate as Hess he went from 3 to 2 when he committed to LU. Works the other way too. Saw last yr a 2 went to a 4 after signing w a B10 squad.

breezy
February 12th, 2013, 09:00 PM
An excellent example this year of how the recruiting sites add recruits or change ratings is George Adeosun, an OL from Alpharetta, Georgia. Adeosun visited Holy Cross in November. At that time, he was not listed on any of the major recruiting sites. A newspaper article around that time reported that he had offers from Harvard and Holy Cross. Later, in December, he visited William & Mary and committed to W&M.

According to a recent newspaper article, his coach took his film to the national coaches convention in January. The article stated that Adeosun was an unknown because he was not a starter during his junior year, and most BCS coaches were not familiar with him. Suddenly, Adeosun became a hot property. He drew offers from Purdue, Virginia, Oklahoma, Arizona State, and several other BCS schools. He de-committed from W&M and took official visits to Virginia, Arizona State, and Oklahoma. He got a last-minute offer from Georgia. Just before Signing Day, he committed to Virginia.

Today I looked him up on Yahoo/Rivals and Scout.com. As I said, he was not listed on either site in November. Today he is not only listed on both sites, but he is now rated 2* (5.4) on Yahoo/Rivals and 3* on Scout.com. It is obvious to me that his listing and rating on those sites were driven by the sudden surge of interest by BCS schools, not by any independent research or evaluation by the web sites.

Lehigh Football Nation
February 13th, 2013, 08:54 AM
If you're trying to tell me that there's constant shenanigans from the ratings agencies in terms of stars appearing and disappearing, I agree. And yet, it's all we've got.

heath
February 13th, 2013, 08:08 PM
An excellent example this year of how the recruiting sites add recruits or change ratings is George Adeosun, an OL from Alpharetta, Georgia. Adeosun visited Holy Cross in November. At that time, he was not listed on any of the major recruiting sites. A newspaper article around that time reported that he had offers from Harvard and Holy Cross. Later, in December, he visited William & Mary and committed to W&M.

According to a recent newspaper article, his coach took his film to the national coaches convention in January. The article stated that Adeosun was an unknown because he was not a starter during his junior year, and most BCS coaches were not familiar with him. Suddenly, Adeosun became a hot property. He drew offers from Purdue, Virginia, Oklahoma, Arizona State, and several other BCS schools. He de-committed from W&M and took official visits to Virginia, Arizona State, and Oklahoma. He got a last-minute offer from Georgia. Just before Signing Day, he committed to Virginia.

Today I looked him up on Yahoo/Rivals and Scout.com. As I said, he was not listed on either site in November. Today he is not only listed on both sites, but he is now rated 2* (5.4) on Yahoo/Rivals and 3* on Scout.com. It is obvious to me that his listing and rating on those sites were driven by the sudden surge of interest by BCS schools, not by any independent research or evaluation by the web sites.

Nice find. As a somewhat UVA fan at the FBS level,a supporter told me about this kid last month. It just makes no sense about the * rating,and the fact that he wasn't even recruited by FBS during his senior year is questionable. It tells many that the * rating by the services is driven by who is recruiting them, not their ability.xchinscratchx

Fordham
February 13th, 2013, 08:41 PM
I think it's more so based on who goes to what camps. Kids who don't camp are basically off the grid.

RichH2
February 13th, 2013, 09:49 PM
All of them rely on camps, combines over the summer. Rivals does do some outside film review. Scouts is notorious for listing every kid from numerous HSs that went to a camp. The total number of kids listed is a miniscule part of the sr class of players.