PDA

View Full Version : SoCon set to 'get specific' on additions (Times Free Press)

Pages : 1 [2]

fc97
February 5th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Who said they did?

I don't get your defensiveness.

that wasn't defensive, it's just another reason

ASUMountaineer
February 5th, 2013, 12:58 PM
i never said they would leave right now. i simply said that there are reasons for both making the move. uncw wants to contain travel costs and richmond wants to contain travel costs for football. that right there is reason enough.

You took issue with my question/post about there being little reason for UR/UNCW to leave the CAA now. If you were going to talk about potential reasons years down the road and if certain things come about, then you should have 1) said that and 2) not taken issue with my post. I couldn't have made it clearer that I was speaking about the present.

CID1990
February 5th, 2013, 01:05 PM
UNCW is not going to come to the SoCon.

And, UNCW does not play football.

Saint3333
February 5th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Anyone that thinks the SoCon will get UR or UNCW to join isn't paying attention.

fc97
February 6th, 2013, 06:36 AM
Anyone that thinks the SoCon will get UR or UNCW to join isn't paying attention.

that's not my point. you, among lots of others like you, sit and constantly post about the socon not having a vision or trying to go after very good candidates. here are two prime examples where publicly, they are doing just that. and still you complain that it is delusional (your words from the app message board).

you can't have it both ways. complain that they think too small. complain they they think too big. the honest fact is, you and people like you are going to complain no matter what they do.

so the best you can do is sit outside the door and hope someone asks you inside the party you want to go to.

PaladinFan
February 6th, 2013, 06:57 AM
that's not my point. you, among lots of others like you, sit and constantly post about the socon not having a vision or trying to go after very good candidates. here are two prime examples where publicly, they are doing just that. and still you complain that it is delusional (your words from the app message board).

you can't have it both ways. complain that they think too small. complain they they think too big. the honest fact is, you and people like you are going to complain no matter what they do.

so the best you can do is sit outside the door and hope someone asks you inside the party you want to go to.

My colleague uses the term "perpetually dissatisfied"

ASUMountaineer
February 6th, 2013, 08:14 AM

I actually gave the SoCon props for going after two schools that may reject them. Again, your generalizations are just too broad. Sure, there are some that will rip the SoCon no matter what they do. But, most AppState fans are able to give credit when it's due--like in this case.

Saint3333
February 6th, 2013, 08:56 AM

From the app board I also posted I'm glad the SoCon leaders are finally being proactive, guess you omitted that part to fit your needs.

fc97
February 6th, 2013, 08:57 AM
From the app board I also posted I'm glad the SoCon leaders are finally being proactive, guess you omitted that part to fit your needs.

i don't see that part, unless it was in another post.