PDA

View Full Version : CALL FOR PATSY NEEDS

Lehigh Football Nation
January 22nd, 2013, 05:09 PM
As the new custodian of the Patsy ratings, I need to know: What are the team needs for Patriot League teams this season? I'm hoping carney did this already in some prior thread, but I'm not sure. Thanks!

CFBfan
January 22nd, 2013, 05:30 PM
GU needs: 2 LB's, DB, OL, WR (as far as I know)
good luck LFN!!!

Fordham
January 22nd, 2013, 05:36 PM
DL
OL
K/P

RichH2
January 22nd, 2013, 06:03 PM
Lehigh
NG
OL
FB
Best athlete anywhere

breezy
January 22nd, 2013, 06:09 PM
Holy Cross --

DL
OL
WR

GateRaider63
January 22nd, 2013, 06:48 PM
Colgate
DE
LB
OL
K

Gater
January 22nd, 2013, 06:59 PM
I would add RB to Colgate.

ngineer
January 22nd, 2013, 09:08 PM
Does 'gate have a good QB waiting in the wings?

citdog
January 22nd, 2013, 11:31 PM
the whole league needs the same thing this guy does.

http://img.timeinc.net/time/daily/2010/1003/cowardly_lion_0318.jpg

CFBfan
January 23rd, 2013, 06:33 AM
the whole league needs the same thing this guy does.

http://img.timeinc.net/time/daily/2010/1003/cowardly_lion_0318.jpg

and all that you need is a brain!!!

PAllen
January 23rd, 2013, 08:08 AM
LU needs a K badly. Haven't had a good one in a while.

CFBfan
January 23rd, 2013, 09:02 AM
Oh yes, add Kicker AND Punter to GU's list!!

DFW HOYA
January 23rd, 2013, 09:57 AM
Oh yes, add Kicker AND Punter to GU's list!!

Not a major need in 2013.

CFBfan
January 23rd, 2013, 11:02 AM
Not a major need in 2013.

after last years performance or lack of at those positions following a panic in august by coach kelly holding open tryouts for anyone on campus interested i'd have to say it is. i thinik you could reasonably argue that the kicking game cost the hoyas at least 2 and maybe 4 games between missed GF's, and poor field position due to poor kickoffs and awful punts (at least 1 under 15 yarder per game!)

citdog
January 23rd, 2013, 11:06 AM
missed GF's,

http://coedbc.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/manti-teo-memes-311.jpg?w=600&h=350

RichH2
January 23rd, 2013, 11:34 AM
Geez citdog. We got it. You love us. We think you're cute too .

citdog
January 23rd, 2013, 12:29 PM
Geez citdog. We got it. You love us. We think you're cute too .

IF YOU'RE COMING ON TO ME RICH THE ANSWER IS YES!

DFW HOYA
January 23rd, 2013, 01:26 PM
after last years performance or lack of at those positions following a panic in august by coach kelly holding open tryouts for anyone on campus interested i'd have to say it is. i thinik you could reasonably argue that the kicking game cost the hoyas at least 2 and maybe 4 games between missed GF's, and poor field position due to poor kickoffs and awful punts (at least 1 under 15 yarder per game!)

It's a need, just not a major one. MacZura did OK given that he was essentially drafted into PK; he came up short in a couple games but won two others (Wagner, Princeton). I think he'll do fine if there are no recruits in 2013 that can really challenge. Remember, Devon Papendrew has been on the roster two years and has yet to challenge for either job, and I falsely assumed he was the incumbent last season:

http://georgetownfootball.blogspot.com/2012/08/a-foot-in-door.html

The problem has been that Georgetown's record in recruiting PK's has been a mixed one in the Kelly era (Casey Dobyns, Kilgo Livingston, Kris Zabioleff, David Conway). Unknown at this time (but which GU will soon find out): are specialty positions like PK more valuable to those schools offering scholarships (i.e., PK recruits are increasingly less likely to consider GU) or is the difference marginal?

RichH2
January 23rd, 2013, 01:47 PM
PAllen
We got an excellent prospect, Ryan Pandy ,K/P from Fl.

van
January 23rd, 2013, 04:24 PM
Coach Coen has done a very good job at recruiting for all positions every year, so there is usually no position that is bare. A difference maker at any position is always my first priority.

for Lehigh my wish list includes:

WR - Kurfis and Soto-Fernandez both seniors
DL - only 2 graduating, but we were very thin this year at this position and our scheme needs depth for rotation
OL - Lippincott, Rugg and Hood all seniors, always seem to have injuries here

we need a FB, but this is not a key position in our offense

ngineer
January 23rd, 2013, 10:51 PM
LU needs a K badly. Haven't had a good one in a while.

Their verbal commit list has a nice looking kicker/punter from FL. Hit a couple 50+ FGs this past year.

carney2
January 24th, 2013, 12:37 PM
As the new custodian of the Patsy ratings, I need to know: What are the team needs for Patriot League teams this season? I'm hoping carney did this already in some prior thread, but I'm not sure. Thanks!

Not intending to stick my nose where it isn't wanted, but

1. I did not request this in a prior post.
and
2. Responses should be TOP 3, and enumerated from highest need (no. 1) to lowest (no. 3).
and
PS: If your perceived need is a K, you have no needs and should stay out of the conversation.

For Lafayette, I'm going with

1. RB
2. DL
3. WR

until Andy and the other wiser heads shoot me down.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 24th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Not intending to stick my nose where it isn't wanted, but

1. I did not request this in a prior post.
and
2. Responses should be TOP 3, and enumerated from highest need (no. 1) to lowest (no. 3).
and
PS: If your need is a K, you have no needs and should stay out of the conversation.

For Lafayette, I'm going with

1. RB
2. DL
3. WR

until Andy and the other wiser heads shoot me down.

Believe me it IS wanted. Do as he says! Thanks carney.

Also, what goes for kickers also goes for long snappers.

carney2
January 29th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Amending my prior post for Lafayette. Things have changed on College Hill.

1. QB
2. RB
3. DL

Sader87
January 29th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Amending my prior post for Lafayette. Things have changed on College Hill.

1. QB
2. RB
3. DL

Hmmm....cryptic....

Franks Tanks
January 29th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Hmmm....cryptic....

Nothing secret. The Leopards have had 2 Qb's transfer out since the end of the season. One is a rising junior who was beat out as the starter by ZZ. The other a rising sophmore from Florida who must have been 3rd string (Pappas). This leaves Lafayette with 2 Qb's on the spring roster. Our projected starter ZZ, and a rising Sophmore. I think our backup will be pretty good, but is leaves a glaring need for QB's.

ngineer
January 29th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Yes, ZZ can be a very good QB. Time will tell. However, depth at that position is critical. If the dropoff between starter and backup is big, then everything is affected.

Sader87
January 29th, 2013, 12:50 PM
I was hoping for something more salacious....thanks FT.

carney2
January 29th, 2013, 01:35 PM
IMO, the rising junior had a serious upside, while the rising sophomore, not so much - but what do I know. There is now a screaming need for a QB - with credentials. The crap I've been seeing for Lafayette so far ("Other offers = Bucknell, Bryant, Monmouth") ain't gonna get it done. Other Patriot League schools are doing better than this.

TheValleyRaider
January 29th, 2013, 10:05 PM
Generally speaking I'd defer to 63 on needs, but I think both O and D Lines overall would be on the list, and I really don't know about QB after McCarney

PAllen
January 30th, 2013, 12:04 PM
PS: If your perceived need is a K, you have no needs and should stay out of the conversation.

Yeah, because extra point adventures and missed FGs aren't important.xrotatehx

Go Lehigh TU Owl
January 30th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Lehigh's biggest need is DL imo. They need some size up the middle. This years group will have experience but not a lot of depth.

Engineer86
January 30th, 2013, 07:13 PM
1) OL
2) RB
3) LB

heath
January 30th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Yeah, because extra point adventures and missed FGs aren't important.xrotatehx

No, its because you don't waste a scholly on a K,just visit the soccer team,or hold a tryout and watch the girlfriendless nerds come a kicking.xnodx

PAllen
January 31st, 2013, 02:28 AM
No, its because you don't waste a scholly on a K,just visit the soccer team,or hold a tryout and watch the girlfriendless nerds come a kicking.xnodx

I don't know, if I had a shot at a kid who didn't miss from 55 yds on in, and had never missed an extra point, I think I'd offer him a scholly. But then again, that's why I watch the games and don't coach them.

citdog
January 31st, 2013, 07:35 AM

ask gsu how important the kicking game is.

schmuck

GateRaider63
January 31st, 2013, 10:27 AM

Hey... I resembled that remark.

Engineer86
January 31st, 2013, 05:46 PM
According to reports LU has a kicker who has hit a 55yd FG. I doubt he is coming from FL for free. After watching the last few years, I have no problem with using money hopefully a partial to bring him in.

There are many teams over the years that wish they had a kicker who could consistently hit a 45 yd FG. Whatever the rating of our class, I will view it a notch better.

RichH2
January 31st, 2013, 06:00 PM
19 commits so far, biggest outstanding need is a runstuffer at NG.

heath
January 31st, 2013, 07:51 PM
Maybe they offered that scholly to the game changing kicker and passed on the NG;)

Franks Tanks
January 31st, 2013, 07:52 PM

Heard you guys already have one on campus

http://i.qkme.me/3ogcx4.jpg

citdog
January 31st, 2013, 08:15 PM

http://www.reelingreviews.com/stuckonyoupic.jpg

Lehigh Football Nation
January 31st, 2013, 09:17 PM
I'd try to generate a meme for Lafayette, but I couldn't think of a meaningful win they've gotten in the last five years.

RichH2
January 31st, 2013, 10:17 PM
FT very funny. Almost Bogie like. Geez, I miss him.

Franks Tanks
January 31st, 2013, 10:42 PM

Yup.

I actually feel bad for that girl. She didn't deserve being somewhat infamous after that game last year, but I couldn't resist.

colorless raider
February 1st, 2013, 11:37 AM

Where did Bogie go? Any chance he returns?

RichH2
February 1st, 2013, 12:05 PM
Dont know. He was hit very hard by Sandy

Franks Tanks
February 1st, 2013, 12:40 PM
Rich,

I see you guys picked up a local LB from Freedom High School. He choose Lehigh over UNH, who of course pulled a lot of kids out of the valley over the last few years.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/02/freedom_high_school_linebacker.html#incart_river

By the way Colin McDermott of Allentown Central tweeted that he was at East Stroudsburg for a visit. Looks like he will be heading to a PSAC school.

CFBfan
February 1st, 2013, 01:04 PM
Rich,

I see you guys picked up a local LB from Freedom High School. He choose Lehigh over UNH, who of course pulled a lot of kids out of the valley over the last few years. http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/02/freedom_high_school_linebacker.html#incart_river

By the way Colin McDermott of Allentown Central tweeted that he was at East Stroudsburg for a visit. Looks like he will be heading to a PSAC school.

chalk one up for schollies?!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
February 1st, 2013, 01:28 PM
Still waiting on an anchor for the DL. That's the most important position for this year at least. If they can get someone to clog the middle it will greatly help the D overall. Chagani might be the biggest loss they suffer, sorry Spadola.

Franks Tanks
February 1st, 2013, 01:29 PM
chalk one up for schollies?!

No doubt. Lehigh and Lafayette won't be able to keep all the local kids they want at home, but we will win much more often. There are plenty of Lehigh Valley kids playing at CAA schools

Lehigh Football Nation
February 1st, 2013, 01:53 PM
Still waiting on an anchor for the DL. That's the most important position for this year at least. If they can get someone to clog the middle it will be greatly help the D overall. Chagani might be the biggest loss they suffer, sorry Spadola.

FWIW I agree. Not a knock on Spadola as much as it is that Cecchini now has a stockpile of hugely talented WR at their disposal. DL bodies and depth are different.

CFBfan
February 1st, 2013, 01:53 PM
No doubt. Lehigh and Lafayette won't be able to keep all the local kids they want at home, but we will win much more often. There are plenty of Lehigh Valley kids playing at CAA schools

Each one that stays is a win for the PL

RichH2
February 1st, 2013, 02:01 PM
The list of kids from the LV that we didn't get over the last 5 yrs depressing. We might not get all or even most but we will get more. LV continues to have very high level football. Kauffman a ranked 220 wrestler also. Highly unlikely he would be at LU w/o schollie
S.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
February 1st, 2013, 02:05 PM
FWIW I agree. Not a knock on Spadola as much as it is that Cecchini now has a stockpile of hugely talented WR at their disposal. DL bodies and depth are different.

If you're looking at it from an immediate need perspective, WR are set for this year. Kurfis has proven to be a legit difference maker at this level. In fact, if Kurfis and Ross stay healthy it should be a fun battle for top WR honors in the PL. Add in Soto, Parris, Knott, Coyle etc. and whoever is the QB will have plenty of options.

IMO, the DL will determine if this team can make waves nationally or will relegated to PL "contender" status. The offense given the experience at OL and the skill positions will be very good.

CFBfan
February 1st, 2013, 02:06 PM
The list of kids from the LV that we didn't get over the last 5 yrs depressing. We might not get all or even most but we will get more. LV continues to have very high level football. K

the valley and jersey/north jersey are chock full of great players, i would think that the PL will be a lot more appealing now with full rides being offered and it should help LU and LC along with Gate and Fordham (maybe Bucknell?)

Franks Tanks
February 1st, 2013, 03:09 PM
If you're looking at it from an immediate need perspective, WR are set for this year. Kurfis has proven to be a legit difference maker at this level. In fact, if Kurfis and Ross stay healthy it should be a fun battle for top WR honors in the PL. Add in Soto, Parris, Knott, Coyle etc. and whoever is the QB will have plenty of options.

IMO, the DL will determine if this team can make waves nationally or will relegated to PL "contender" status. The offense given the experience at OL and the skill positions will be very good.

Lehigh does have talent at WR, but who will be playing QB?

Any idea who the front runner will be?

Lehigh Football Nation
February 1st, 2013, 03:17 PM

+1 No idea.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
February 1st, 2013, 03:31 PM

I think whoever steps in will do fine. Colvin was a square peg in a round hole and they made it work. Mike would have been better in a run first offense imo.

Keeping the coaching staff together is huge. It's simply next man up in 2013.

RichH2
February 1st, 2013, 04:23 PM
BB likely 1st up. Lefthander ,accurate arm, not as strong as Mike. Good runner. Very little game experience but knows offense. Ariz A-S QB. Next up Poutier. Very similar type a bit better arm. A-W.Cal. Next McHale, big athletic guy. Ran a run O in HS. Max Preps A-S QB NJ. Nick Shafnisky big strong QB. Very athletic. Passed and ran for over 1000 yds. Probanly biggest upside of amy QB on roster.

Engineer86
February 1st, 2013, 08:23 PM

Credit were credit is due. xthumbsupx

carney2
February 2nd, 2013, 11:01 AM
If you're looking at it from an immediate need perspectiveare set for this year, WR

Don't. Even with scholarships, don't assume immediate contributor. Look at 2 years down the road. Dare to dream.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
February 2nd, 2013, 12:34 PM
Don't. Even with scholarships, don't assume immediate contributor. Look at 2 years down the road. Dare to dream.

Laub stepped in this year as a fr. and was able to contribute. I think a legit DT/NG could do the same given the lack of depth at the position.

carney2
February 2nd, 2013, 05:47 PM
Laub stepped in this year as a fr. and was able to contribute. I think a legit DT/NG could do the same given the lack of depth at the position.

Every team has a freshman or two that contributed. Just don't count on it in February. That's not the information/opinions that this thread is intended to elicit.

heath
February 2nd, 2013, 07:49 PM
Every team has a freshman or two that contributed. Just don't count on it in February. That's not the information/opinions that this thread is intended to elicit.

Every team HAD and WILL always have freshman that contribute every year. Both at the FBS and FCS levels .Scholarships will not effect this in no way at all. The Patsy rating has always been a crap shoot anyway. A chance for PL voices to talk smack about THEIR class. Look for a few freshmen to contribute on most teams, and some will standout. xnodx

RichH2
February 2nd, 2013, 08:01 PM
Carney , as usual, is on the mark. No matter who is doing Patsys , they are for fun to brag how well your school did or bitch about how your coach cant recruit. Little correlation with how well any recruit actually does. Heck wasn't that long ago that LU had a WO on the AllPL team.

carney2
February 3rd, 2013, 08:58 AM
Every team HAD and WILL always have freshman that contribute every year. Both at the FBS and FCS levels .Scholarships will not effect this in no way at all. The Patsy rating has always been a crap shoot anyway. A chance for PL voices to talk smack about THEIR class. Look for a few freshmen to contribute on most teams, and some will standout. xnodx

This guy again. He's right in one respect - the Patsy Ratings are a poor predictor of individual performance. In fact, if you look back over the years, you will note that no names are ever given, so it is very difficult to sort a single player out of the pile. A "crap shoot?" Hardly. The Patsy Ratings have proven to be a fairly reliable predictor of the League order of finish over the years. In any event, jacka$$e$ like this, who just can't seem to get with the spirit of the thing, make me glad I'm out of it.

CFBfan
February 3rd, 2013, 09:19 AM
This guy again. He's right in one respect - the Patsy Ratings are a poor predictor of individual performance. In fact, if you look back over the years, you will note that no names are ever given, so it is very difficult to sort a single player out of the pile. A "crap shoot?" Hardly. The Patsy Ratings have proven to be a fairly reliable predictor of the League order of finish over the years. In any event, jacka$$e$ like this, who just can't seem to get with the spirit of the thing, make me glad I'm out of it.

carney, you should know that i and i'm very sure many others truly appreciate your time and effort over the years compiling, updating and posting the ratings and most of all dealing with boneheads and their comments! enjoy your patsy retirement!!

van
February 3rd, 2013, 11:18 AM
carney, you should know that i and i'm very sure many others truly appreciate your time and effort over the years compiling, updating and posting the ratings and most of all dealing with boneheads and their comments! enjoy your patsy retirement!!

+1, except for the retirement thing, Carney should continue to be tormented by the Frankasaurus in retirement also

citdog
February 3rd, 2013, 11:23 AM

suck it Frank.

carney's ratings were cool and he obviously put a lot of work into them.

Gater
February 3rd, 2013, 12:15 PM
I'm ProPatsy. It's great to have a season in the off-season.

Fordham
February 4th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Our board's consensus seems to be:

DL
DB
OL

No knock to carney but I still believe P/K is huge. Perhaps I've been spoiled by some of the great kickers we've had over the past 10-15 years though. Just seems that we've never made any championship or playoff level seasons without a lights out kicker on the squad

DFW HOYA
February 4th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Question to the PL brethren: with scholarships, how early are prospects accepted to your schools?

This is one of the issues at Georgetown since recruits can receive a "likely letter", but cannot be admitted prior to April 1.

RichH2
February 4th, 2013, 02:11 PM
With us, they have to pass admissions before LOI. Not sure when formal letter of acceptance is sent. Imagine with othets ,exvept EAs.

carney2
February 4th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Question to the PL brethren: with scholarships, how early are prospects accepted to your schools?

This is one of the issues at Georgetown since recruits can receive a "likely letter", but cannot be admitted prior to April 1.

Tavani said something about early decision or some such during an interview at a recent basketball game. I have no idea what this means, but it hints at some sort of fast track decision process for footballers. Regardless, the Pards intend to announce their recruiting class on Wednesday the 6th with an all day party, internet and TV fest. I doubt if there are any admissions or other doubts about any of these guys at this time.

Lehigh Football Nation
February 5th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Last Call for Patsy Needs. I mean it! Last call! The Committee will not take any more data after midnight tonight as the first of the recruiting classes roll in tomorrow (Lehigh, Lafayette, and Fordham at a bare minimum).

If you have any more thoughts on this matter, it's time to make them known.

carney2
February 5th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Last Call for Patsy Needs. I mean it! Last call! The Committee will not take any more data after midnight tonight as the first of the recruiting classes roll in tomorrow (Lehigh, Lafayette, and Fordham at a bare minimum).

If you have any more thoughts on this matter, it's time to make them known.

Just a suggestion, but if the class has not yet been announced, I would think that input is still valid. But then. what do I know.

Lehigh Football Nation
February 5th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Just a suggestion, but if the class has not yet been announced, I would think that input is still valid. But then. what do I know.

The only person this might actually apply to is DFW. I think everyone except Georgetown is planning some sort of announcement tomorrow. Leh, Laf, Colgate, Fordham, HC certainly are. Less sure on Bucknell, but I think they may be as well.

ngineer
February 5th, 2013, 11:18 PM
The only person this might actually apply to is DFW. I think everyone except Georgetown is planning some sort of announcement tomorrow. Leh, Laf, Colgate, Fordham, HC certainly are. Less sure on Bucknell, but I think they may be as well.

...they may take a little longer to check the 'inflation' on the tires....(;-)

bison137
February 6th, 2013, 03:41 AM
Not sure if anyone posted a BU list. If not, here's some quick thoughts in no particular order:

QB - BU lost a freshman QB who showed potential at this position and really needs a good one.
CB - Have lots of safeties, but graduated two CB's who played and the other two are rising seniors.
DL - BU returns 3 of 4 starters but two will be seniors.
PK - not sure if I can list this, but the current starter is a walk-on rising senior; could definitely use a good one.

Also:

OL - Had very young starting OL this year but wouldn't mind seeing the position upgraded with a couple real good ones.

Lehigh Football Nation
February 6th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Not sure if anyone posted a BU list. If not, here's some quick thoughts in no particular order:

QB - BU lost a freshman QB who showed potential at this position and really needs a good one.
CB - Have lots of safeties, but graduated two CB's who played and the other two are rising seniors.
PK - not sure if I can list this, but the current starter is a walk-on rising senior; could definitely use a good one.

Also:

OL - Had very young starting OL this year but wouldn't mind seeing the position upgraded with a couple real good ones.

Deeply appreciate the list.

PKs don't count as "needs" but do count elsewhere.

Would tend to agree with the needs: 1. QB, 2. CB, 3. DL. Young OL implies that there are a lot of bodies in that area already. As carney will undoubtedly tell you, the future need is not for one year alone, but down the line.

jdb037
February 6th, 2013, 01:24 PM

Also:

Regarding the QB situation, I am just noticing that Calvin Garrett as well as Ryan Henning are no longer listed on the roster. Any details on their departures?

carney2
February 6th, 2013, 03:16 PM
It's after 4:00 here in the east. At this point I'm seeing

REPORTED THEIR RECRUITING CLASS
Colgate
Lafayette
Lehigh

NOT YET REPORTED THEIR RECRUITING CLASS
Bucknell
Fordham
Georgetown
Holy Cross

Is this correct?

Franks Tanks
February 6th, 2013, 03:38 PM

Colgate
Lafayette
Lehigh

Bucknell
Fordham
Georgetown
Holy Cross

Is this correct?

Lafayette and Lehigh both announced 20 recruits. Frank was asked several times during the chat to expain the break down or full, partial and no aid recruits but he refused to do so. Frank said the class is not done so we can perhaps expect one more. Only other news of note out of Frank is that Lafayette is working on games with Army, Navy and Rutgers. No indication of when that may happen.

bison137
February 6th, 2013, 04:57 PM

Colgate
Lafayette
Lehigh

Bucknell
Fordham
Georgetown
Holy Cross

Is this correct?

http://www.bucknellbison.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/020613aab.html

jdb037
February 6th, 2013, 05:05 PM

Colgate
Lafayette
Lehigh

Bucknell
Fordham
Georgetown
Holy Cross

Is this correct?

http://www.goholycross.com/sports/m-footbl/2012-13/releases/20130206j1j05t

heath
February 6th, 2013, 07:57 PM

not true at all about the predition of league champ. If patsy rating were legit,Lafayette would have won the PL in 2010 and 2011. If the patsy ratings are correct,Lehigh not Colgate would have won last season. BUT, if patsy rating are correct,then it all boils down to coaching. Some should be replaced!

carney2
February 6th, 2013, 08:15 PM
not true at all about the predition of league champ. If patsy rating were legit,Lafayette would have won the PL in 2010 and 2011. If the patsy ratings are correct,Lehigh not Colgate would have won last season. BUT, if patsy rating are correct,then it all boils down to coaching. Some should be replaced!

Do it again. And, this time do it correctly.

DFW HOYA
February 6th, 2013, 08:38 PM

Not always. National ratings are no guarantee of success below the top 50 or so.

Georgetown has had ten (10) Rivals two-star recruits since 2007, more than most PL teams. Just one (converted QB turned TE Tucker Stafford) played more than two seasons, and only because he had a medical redshirt. Three of the last four two-stars failed to play more than one season, and none of the ten made an All-PL team. It makes Carney's job (and by extension, LFN)'s job difficult when recruits are overranked and don't live up to expectations.

PAllen
February 7th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Not always. National ratings are no guarantee of success below the top 50 or so.

Georgetown has had ten (10) Rivals two-star recruits since 2007, more than most PL teams. Just one (converted QB turned TE Tucker Stafford) played more than two seasons, and only because he had a medical redshirt. Three of the last four two-stars failed to play more than one season, and none of the ten made an All-PL team. It makes Carney's job (and by extension, LFN)'s job difficult when recruits are overranked and don't live up to expectations.

DFW, by play a season, do you mean see the field, or are on the team. If this many star recruits are leaving the team after a year or two, the problems at GU are worse than I thought.

Lehigh Football Nation
February 12th, 2013, 11:07 AM

Also:

The Committee reviewed Bucknell's "need" list, and realized that their "needs" were not put in priority order. As such, the Committee reviewed the need areas listed here and made a priority order from this list.

Most stunning to the commitee, IMO, was the fact that RB was not listed as a need area. Since, though, you guys don't seem to think of it as a need area, I will not include it.

1. DL. Tend to agree that Bucknell needs more athletes here.

2. DB. The Patsy Ratings do not differentiate between "corners" and safeties", making them all "DBs", just like "hybrid DE/LBs" are listed as either "DL" or "LB". Through sheer numbers it's questionable if this is a need area, but I will take your word for it that it is.

3. OL. Tend to agree that Bucknell needs more athletes here, but I'm promoting your afterthought and making it into third "need area" over QB. I don't feel comfortable doing this.

4. QB. You have four QBs on the roster, one from each class. IMO, not a huge need area, but you listed them as first.

Unless the Committee can be thoroughly convinced otherwise, 1) DL, 2) DB, 3) OL will be the list of Bucknell needs. Convince me.

Pard4Life
February 12th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Way to go Lehigh... great people you have over there... http://news.yahoo.com/lehigh-university-student-got-c-124956418.html

RichH2
February 12th, 2013, 12:00 PM
You really want to go down that road? Glass houses, fella.

van
February 12th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Way to go Lehigh... great people you have over there... http://news.yahoo.com/lehigh-university-student-got-c-124956418.html

Absolutely, great people! And I was always grateful for a C+.:D

Franks Tanks
February 12th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Why couldn't the girl just take the class over? Also she is suing the school which employs her Dad. Wonder how he feels about that!

Fordham
February 12th, 2013, 01:42 PM

Ugh. That's one of those signs of the apocalypse articles ... or at least one of the clear decline of our society.

CFBfan
February 12th, 2013, 02:35 PM
i would not want to be the guy that puts a ring on her finger

Fordham
February 12th, 2013, 03:29 PM
The article makes it pretty clear that there's no risk of that, no? (perhaps just implied)

RichH2
February 12th, 2013, 03:52 PM
FT,
Apparently she refused to redo the required field work. There are times that the legal profession boggles my mindpushing cases like this.

Pard4Life
February 12th, 2013, 03:59 PM
FT,
Apparently she refused to redo the required field work. There are times that the legal profession boggles my mindpushing cases like this.

Law is suffering Rich and you need to make money one way or the other... even if it's speculative gibberish.

Franks Tanks
February 12th, 2013, 07:04 PM
FT,

Incredible.