PDA

View Full Version : All-FCS on Sunday

FanofFCS
January 22nd, 2013, 12:51 PM
I like the wide receivers on this team.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/writers/infcshuddle/archive/haley_01_22_2013.htm

Offense probably better than defense.

citdog
January 22nd, 2013, 01:06 PM
think you forgot about this guy.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1175556.1349414629!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/andre-roberts.jpg

G Rec Tar Yds Av Lg TD Catches resulting in first down
2012 Arizona 15 64 113 759 11.9 46 6 40

PaladinFan
January 22nd, 2013, 03:24 PM
Wait.

Jerome Felton makes the actual (read: real) All Pro team as fullback. He does not, however, make the mythical "All-FCS" team. The entire article does not even mention him. How did that happen?

AppAlum2003
January 22nd, 2013, 04:16 PM
Wait.

Jerome Felton makes the actual (read: real) All Pro team as fullback. He does not, however, make the mythical "All-FCS" team. The entire article does not even mention him. How did that happen?

Fullback? That's a thing, right?

PaladinFan
January 22nd, 2013, 04:48 PM
Fullback? That's a thing, right?

For some teams.

At the end of the day, the guy that just put together the second greatest single season rushing the football averaged four more yards per carry with him in the football game. The most recent numbers I looked at show that in Week 16 of the NFL season, Adrian Peterson had averaged 4.1 more ypc and had 18 rushes of 20 yards or more when lined up behind Felton.

Let's put it this way. Fullback does not get a lot of press, but you can make an argument Felton just put together the best season at the position in recent memory.

Bison_Kent
January 22nd, 2013, 07:49 PM
Also, there is a mistake in the article on Vincent Jackson. Northern Colorado started the transition from DII to DI in 2003 so Jackson technically played two seasons as a DI performer and two as a DII in his Bear career from 2001-2004. I could see maybe leaving 2003 off as UNC only played only a couple of DI teams and in the eyes of the teams playing them, they were still classified as a DII. But in 2004, the Bears played a full DI slate as the Great West Football Conference started play.

Saint3333
January 22nd, 2013, 08:32 PM
Probowl was voted on with 2-3 games left in the season. Tolbert had the better season and was snubbed for the pro bowl.

Mr. C
January 22nd, 2013, 10:38 PM
Wait.

Because the guy making the list doesn't realize you need fullbacks to play in an NFL offense.

HailSzczur
January 22nd, 2013, 11:06 PM
Because the guy making the list doesn't realize you need fullbacks to play in an NFL offense.

No love for Nova's Darrell Young either. Gruden loves him, but TSN doesn't

PaladinFan
January 23rd, 2013, 04:57 AM
Probowl was voted on with 2-3 games left in the season. Tolbert had the better season and was snubbed for the pro bowl.

You might be one of the five people in the country that actually believes that.

PaladinFan
January 23rd, 2013, 06:39 AM

I can appreciate that. Notwithstanding that both Super Bowl teams rely heavily on blocking backs in their offense, I think that is a general consensus. It is not correct, in my opinion, but I can see why people think that way.

Ordinarily, these "all whatever" teams are just one man's opinion, perhaps educated, perhaps not. Still, if you are going to pick a team of just former FCS players, why not get it right?

Saint3333
January 23rd, 2013, 07:47 AM
You might be one of the five people in the country that actually believes that.

Tolbert can block, Felton can't catch the ball out of the backfield. How many TDs did Felton have this year?

Looks like the guy that wrote the article believes it. Take off your purple glasses.

gotts
January 23rd, 2013, 07:51 AM
Tolbert can block, Felton can't catch the ball out of the backfield. How many TDs did Felton have this year?

Looks like the guy that wrote the article believes it. Take off your purple glasses.

So your argument is that Carolina's running back situation sucks?

UNH72Plus
January 23rd, 2013, 09:00 AM
Corey Graham (Ravens/UNH) had a solid regular season at cornerback (60 tackles, 42 solo, 2 forced fumbles, 2 int's, and 8 pass defenses), and is on fire in the playoffs (26 tackles, 16 solo, .5 sacks, 2 int's, 1 TD and 5 Pass defenses).

Saint3333
January 23rd, 2013, 09:27 AM
So your argument is that Carolina's running back situation sucks?

RB situation doesn't suck, offensive lineman situation is bad though, which makes his runs more impressive.

Felton blocks (not runs or catches balls) for the best RB in the NFL since Jim Brown.

PaladinFan
January 23rd, 2013, 09:52 AM
RB situation doesn't suck, offensive lineman situation is bad though, which makes his runs more impressive.

Felton blocks (not runs or catches balls) for the best RB in the NFL since Jim Brown.

If Peterson's numbers were spectacular without Felton, I might agree with you. They aren't. The difference in Peterson's numbers with Felton and without Felton are astounding.

You may call it "purple colored glasses," but it just happens to be that darn near every respectable source on the NFL sees it differently than you do. Heck, even Ron Jaworski went on TV and spent the majority of the time not talking about Peterson, but talking about Felton.

You are, however, entitled to your opinion misguided as it may be.

citdog
January 23rd, 2013, 10:04 AM

damn you appy people, LIKE CHILDREN, say the DARNDEST THINGS!

"kanye west is the greatest music producer of all time"
"Peterson is the greatest nfl running back since jim brown"
"the panthers totally don't suck"
"armanti edwards hasn't been a COMPLETE FAILURE as an nfl player"
"it was time to fire our Coach who is responsible for all of our success"
"we're the next boise state"

http://cache.jezebel.com/assets/images/39/2009/02/medium_youhavefans.flv.jpg

asumike83
January 23rd, 2013, 10:18 AM
damn you appy people, LIKE CHILDREN, say the DARNDEST THINGS!

"kanye west is the greatest music producer of all time"
"Peterson is the greatest nfl running back since jim brown"
"the panthers totally don't suck"
"armanti edwards hasn't been a COMPLETE FAILURE as an nfl player"
"it was time to fire our Coach who is responsible for all of our success"
"we're the next boise state"

http://cache.jezebel.com/assets/images/39/2009/02/medium_youhavefans.flv.jpg

"Andre Roberts should have made this list over Victor Cruz, Miles Austin and Marques Colston"

Saint3333
January 23rd, 2013, 10:21 AM
Peterson was injured in 2011. His numbers before that are the best in the NFL over that timeframe.

Did you guys just start watching NFL football?

There are half a dozen FBs in the league that could have been in the Vikings offense that could block for AP like that, including Tolbert.

#coattails

citdog
January 23rd, 2013, 10:23 AM
"Andre Roberts should have made this list over Victor Cruz, Miles Austin and Marques Colston"

I didn't say that. I said they had forgotten about one player in particular. He's the best slot receiver currently in the league from an FCS School. His numbers bear that out too.

asumike83
January 23rd, 2013, 10:35 AM
I didn't say that. I said they had forgotten about one player in particular. He's the best slot receiver currently in the league from an FCS School. His numbers bear that out too.

Victor Cruz is the best slot receiver currently in the league, period.

citdog
January 23rd, 2013, 10:44 AM
Victor Cruz is the best slot receiver currently in the league, period.

Welker

asumike83
January 23rd, 2013, 10:47 AM
Welker

I'd take Cruz but it's splitting hairs, Welker is a great player.

Mattymc727
January 23rd, 2013, 12:10 PM
As a biased Pats fan, it has to be Wes Welker. Sure, he dropped a couple big passes in big games, but what he does on a game by game basis with the bone crushing hits he takes from angry linebackers is like no other player. Sorry for getting off thread topic, just needed to clarify. I also hate Cruz however because not only is he a NY Giant, but a Umass kid, how awful can one player be?

Tribe4SF
January 24th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Missed two former Tribe players when putting this together.

Sean Lissemore, DT, Cowboys- 35 tackles and a sack.

Derek Cox, CB, Jaguars- 60 tackles, 4 INTs, 11 PDEF in just 12 games.