PDA

View Full Version : For The Parents on the board

PantherRob82
January 11th, 2013, 05:28 PM
I have a friend who played at a JUCO and is looking to try and play at a D-I school. He is a beast and I think he should at least be able to walk on somewhere. Anyone have suggestions on how to get his film into coaches hands? Can you e-mail them a link? Guy is a great athlete and strong. Deserves a shot to play someone.

bojeta
January 11th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Usually, the JUCO coaches will prepare a DVD of hi-lights for him, and send it directly to the schools of his choice.

UMaineD
January 11th, 2013, 06:31 PM
I have a friend who played at a JUCO and is looking to try and play at a D-I school. He is a beast and I think he should at least be able to walk on somewhere. Anyone have suggestions on how to get his film into coaches hands? Can you e-mail them a link? Guy is a great athlete and strong. Deserves a shot to play someone.

Yes you can go to each school he is interested in and find the recruiting coach and mail him a copy of tape and you can always send an email as well.

Good Luck.

BisonFan02
January 11th, 2013, 07:41 PM
www.gobison.com, under football, then coaches. Kenni Burns looks like he coordinates recruiting. I would start there for NDSU.

citdog
January 11th, 2013, 11:26 PM
kid needs a haircut something fierce

Twentysix
January 11th, 2013, 11:51 PM
www.gobison.com, under football, then coaches. Kenni Burns looks like he coordinates recruiting. I would start there for NDSU.

Yes please, send some more kids with UNI ties to NDSU. That way they can have a ring :p.

PantherRob82
January 12th, 2013, 12:49 AM
Yes please, send some more kids with UNI ties to NDSU. That way they can have a ring :p.

******************* edit

PantherRob82
January 12th, 2013, 12:50 AM
kid needs a haircut something fierce

I can't take that serious with the hair in the profile pic. :)

Twentysix
January 12th, 2013, 01:23 AM
UNI has an interesting history with walk-ons. We make a big deal about walk-ons who make big contributions, but I've heard many stories over the years from players who said that there were guys on the practice squad who were better than the guys lining up beside them, but the coaches refused to play them. What the true story is, who knows, but I've heard it from a lot of players over the years. (Not from the walk-ons, but from key contributors/stars)

NDSU plays walk-on's. Pretty sure some of our Line on both sides were walk-ons at one point. We have had atleast 2 walk on WR's start/play while i've been in school. I believe some of our walk-on's have had stellar work ethic, which obviously goes pretty far when playing football.

busybee14
January 12th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Have him go to Gobigrecruiting.com he can upload his film and info and for a couple bucks can have it sent and VIEWED by almost every school he desires.Most staffs are tied in its easy and effective.instant delivery and follow up. I was involved with recruiting for some time and this avenue does work to get kids highlights and info out there with very lil cost. Coaches like it also.

CrazyCat
January 12th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Have him go to Gobigrecruiting.com he can upload his film and info and for a couple bucks can have it sent and VIEWED by almost every school he desires.Most staffs are tied in its easy and effective.instant delivery and follow up. I was involved with recruiting for some time and this avenue does work to get kids highlights and info out there with very lil cost. Coaches like it also.

I've noticed quite a few possible recruits using a similar site called HUDL.

Bisonoline
January 12th, 2013, 09:35 PM
UNI has an interesting history with walk-ons. We make a big deal about walk-ons who make big contributions, but I've heard many stories over the years from players who said that there were guys on the practice squad who were better than the guys lining up beside them, but the coaches refused to play them. What the true story is, who knows, but I've heard it from a lot of players over the years. (Not from the walk-ons, but from key contributors/stars)

Players evaluation of talent is different than a coach.

PantherRob82
January 12th, 2013, 09:58 PM

Is now a good time for him to be trying to get on a team? I'm not that familiar with recruiting cycles.

busybee14
January 12th, 2013, 10:59 PM
Earlier the better.

Bisonoline
January 12th, 2013, 11:03 PM
Is now a good time for him to be trying to get on a team? I'm not that familiar with recruiting cycles.

Hes way late. He needs to get on the phone and sell himself or have his coach do it.

heath
January 13th, 2013, 05:44 PM
JUCO means??? If the kid is not getting offers then maybe he should just stick to the books and graduate.His playing days will be over soon,but his JOB will dictate the next 40 years of his life. Well maybe not,the path the country is on means everyone gets what they want at others costs. Tell him to take what he can getxnodx

PantherRob82
January 13th, 2013, 11:12 PM
Tell him to take what he can getxnodx

I am. I think any FCS school would be smart to let him walk on. He would be a great scout team/special teams player, maybe more?

Panther88
January 15th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Tremendous in the weightroom. xthumbsupx It's hard to find dedication in the weightroom, unless one is NDSU/Montana/UNI/SHSU/McN. :(

So, for all of you who are already rich in athletic/academic talent, why not share the wealth and allow some others to compete against you for once? lol

heath
January 15th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Tremendous in the weightroom. xthumbsupx It's hard to find dedication in the weightroom, unless one is NDSU/Montana/UNI/SHSU/McN. :(

So, for all of you who are already rich in athletic/academic talent, why not share the wealth and allow some others to compete against you for once? lol

Why not just spread the wealth around like Obama? Make a team sign him even though he is not academically ready nor seriously being recruited by those great schoolsxthumbsupx In todays world it only seems FAIRxlolx

Panther88
January 15th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Why not just spread the wealth around like Obama? Make a team sign him even though he is not academically ready nor seriously being recruited by those great schoolsxthumbsupx In todays world it only seems FAIRxlolx

Damn heath. Who pissed in your cheerios this morning? xconfusedx We're speaking about a kid and potential advancement in his football/academic career. xconfusedx What in sans hell does that have to do w/ Mr Obama and "fairness?" xlolx

heath
January 15th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Damn heath. Who pissed in your cheerios this morning? xconfusedx We're speaking about a kid and potential advancement in his football/academic career. xconfusedx What in sans hell does that have to do w/ Mr Obama and "fairness?" xlolx

Your sarcasm deserved an equal dose.Being a JUCO, the kid needs to get his academics in line first.If he was recruited out of high school then contact those schools showing his academic progress. Maybe a prep school would have been a better choice since those coaches really try to place their players in appropriate programs.BTW,college football is not possible for everyone,but a degree isxsmiley_wix

PantherRob82
January 15th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Your sarcasm deserved an equal dose.Being a JUCO, the kid needs to get his academics in line first.If he was recruited out of high school then contact those schools showing his academic progress. Maybe a prep school would have been a better choice since those coaches really try to place their players in appropriate programs. BTW,college football is not possible for everyone,but a degree isxsmiley_wix

He has his AA and is cleared. It's technically a Community College. Not a JUCO. Honestly not sure on the difference if there is one.

I think he is a lot bigger stronger and faster than he was in high school. Not sure what his opportunities were.

bojeta
January 15th, 2013, 09:01 PM
He has his AA and is cleared. It's technically a Community College. Not a JUCO. Honestly not sure on the difference if there is one.

I think he is a lot bigger stronger and faster than he was in high school. Not sure what his opportunities were.

Community College = JUCO. No difference. There was a movement to call JUCOs CCs in the 70's. Some areas went with it.

Panther88
January 16th, 2013, 06:37 AM

U beat me to it: has AA and is cleared for the next level-> 4yr inst. Isn't that hard evidence that the kid is together academically? Excuse heath as he's obviously quite naive lol and has made physical love to his xbox/madden too much xlolx.