PDA

View Full Version : NDSU Vs SHSU Title Game Thread SMACK FREE VERSION.

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Bearkat14
January 3rd, 2013, 04:28 PM
Re read my post...i said GSU was the 5th and we were the 6th. It was the better option for the FCS to offer this rematch. We would have been on the same side of the bracket and it would have hurt the turnout for the game. Well it would have meant an 80-20 buffalo crowd but probably still sold out xcoolx

Guess u changed it when u saw that u were wrong.

BisonPride
January 3rd, 2013, 04:30 PM
We didn't get screwed over in the seeding. We were the true 5th seed but they didn't want to put us and NDSU in the same bracket so they could get to the rematch. Best case scenario for the FCS and us! I doubt we would have beat ODU honestly. We would have beaten the other teams in that bracket but they would have given us fits!

They are not the same team as last year and we are definately a better team. BJ will have to be able to throw the ball down field if they have a shot at winning. They will not get over 100 yards rushing on us. My bet is they will get 60 and maybe 180 passing unless somehow BJ learned how to get it to his recievers! It is the ONLY chance they have of moving the ball on us. We will play our usual man coverage with a **** ton of blitzing but it will be solely focused on stopping the run! I will promise you that is the defense yall will see saturday and it WILL be the best D yall have faced all year! Once again im not saying our offense will have alot of success as i think the buffalo defense is damn good. i just see our offense getting more big plays than theirs!

Everyone knows our formula for success is the run game. It's no surprise. But to think your going to hold us to 60 yards is really ridiculous. 80 would be a monumental feat. I don't ever remember being held to under 80 yards going back into the 1980's. Indiana State held us to 123 this year and the next closest was 145. We had 115 on you last year. I anticipate about the same. However our other back besides Ojuri this year (Crockett) is much more dynamic then McNorton was last year. He has been limited by a hip pointer since the Indiana State game. Should be pretty fresh Saturday.

fmrbearkat
January 3rd, 2013, 04:30 PM
Guess u changed it when u saw that u were wrong.

That MUST be it :-)

Sammy94
January 3rd, 2013, 04:31 PM
Aggie would post. But yeah our second string kick A&M second string butt.. thanks Aggie for making our debt chart sound.even better.

Who is Aggie?

fmrbearkat
January 3rd, 2013, 04:33 PM
Didn't we hear that same phrase last year ? 17-6

I think most got that it was a joke...catch up!!

fmrbearkat
January 3rd, 2013, 04:33 PM
Everyone knows our formula for success is the run game. It's no surprise. But to think your going to hold us to 60 yards is really ridiculous. 80 would be a monumental feat. I don't ever remember being held to under 80 yards going back into the 1980's. Indiana State held us to 123 this year and the next closest was 145. We had 115 on you last year. I anticipate about the same. However our other back besides Ojuri this year (Crockett) is much more dynamic then McNorton was last year. He has been limited by a hip pointer since the Indiana State game. Should be pretty fresh Saturday.

Well you have my prediction... Guess we shall see Sunday!

Sammy94
January 3rd, 2013, 04:35 PM
I have to tell you, honestly. You represent your team well.

No Dak, I use to like you.

deez_na
January 3rd, 2013, 04:38 PM
I think most got that it was a joke...catch up!!

Oh was it, i wouldn't be shocked if you boys are still serious about that "southern speed"

fmrbearkat
January 3rd, 2013, 04:39 PM
No Dak, I use to like you.

Play nice house hubby!!! We all not rocket science tist!!!

Darlinikki150
January 3rd, 2013, 04:47 PM
Your definately a cool chick and wouldve fit right in the crowd i hung with in college!! Safe travels for all of yall!! I'll have a shot or two of whiskey for you saturday morning to warm your insides if your wearing that skirt! Could get kinda breezy!

Lol game on southie! I'm. On the road now finally! If you are lucky, I will pm you and we can hook up for some adult beverages

Bearkat14
January 3rd, 2013, 04:52 PM
Who is Aggie?

Should probably edit my post. Finally saw that one lost from some NDSU. But, only if he wasn't idiot he would know that Aggies 2nd string D was in and like you said our 2nd string scored on them too.

fmrbearkat
January 3rd, 2013, 05:01 PM
Lol game on southie! I'm. On the road now finally! If you are lucky, I will pm you and we can hook up for some adult beverages

Well my wife won't be with me but you won't have to worry about another married Bearkat humping your leg...I wouldn't cheat on her if you were (insert hot model name here) I'm old and can't think of any hot models! :-)

fmrbearkat
January 3rd, 2013, 05:10 PM

And who you calling southie....I grew up in the Texas panhandle!!! That's not to far past the North Dakota Province!!! I just forgot how cold it was when I was 12!! Lot tougher back then!!

Darlinikki150
January 3rd, 2013, 05:19 PM
Well my wife won't be with me but you won't have to worry about another married Bearkat humping your leg...I wouldn't cheat on her if you were (insert hot model name here) I'm old and can't think of any hot models! :-)

Lol, omg I'm not hitting on you. You Texas boys must lack attention from the woman folk down there, its super cute. Its always nice to put a face with name. No worries. Later hoser!

NoDak 4 Ever
January 3rd, 2013, 05:19 PM
Play nice house hubby!!! We all not rocket science tist!!!

I still like Sammy

fmrbearkat
January 3rd, 2013, 05:35 PM
Lol, omg I'm not hitting on you. You Texas boys must lack attention from the woman folk down there, its super cute. Its always nice to put a face with name. No worries. Later hoser!

That was a crack on X...he deserves it a little!

Darlinikki150
January 3rd, 2013, 05:44 PM
That was a crack on X...he deserves it a little!

Well X is different, I am hitting on him. He's the perfect mix of pervy ahole lol

NoDak 4 Ever
January 3rd, 2013, 05:46 PM
About to get on the plane. See you in Texas!

fmrbearkat
January 3rd, 2013, 05:52 PM
About to get on the plane. See you in Texas!

Finished cooking dinner early tonight eh'? (Did I say that right??) nice job and safe travels! If any of the computers break on the plane they got the man for the job!!

Nickels
January 3rd, 2013, 07:06 PM
Jesus you are a grade A prick. I think its awesome, the more the merrier. I would think the same thing if it were Kat fans loading the planes. Its good for FCS football to have as many fans as possible, regardless of what team they cheer for. Don't you get that?
Who cares, honestly? Why would that be a shocker at all? Several thousand going to small airport 2 days before the game, big surprise.
I'll make sure and give you guys and update every time I pass another Sam fan on 45.

I'm not a fast food eater but their ketchup is the real draw. That and their breakfast taquitos. Whataburger's sandwiches taste like everyone else's FF burgers cept' they slather them in sauce. I'll prolly get roasted for it but just my opinion. If I was going to eat FF in the metroplex I'd prolly go to Taco Bueno.
Nailed it. I don’t understand why Whataburger, and many other fast food restaurants, put so much sauce on their burgers. It’s ridiculous. I like to taste something other than sauce and I also prefer not to wear it.

xthumbsupx

Plus I think the Sammy players are right by the ballpark....lol....Wonder if they will get any sleep on friday night.
Considering your party ends at 11, I don’t think they have much to worry about. If anything its more motivation, something this team has enough of.

Brother-in-law just texted me and said the Bison fans in the Fargo airport are drinking the airport bar dry......love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO BISON
A while ago I went to Walgreens and there were no SHSU shirts to be found.
WTF is wrong with this guy? The cold must kill brain cells.

I don't need interesting convo to get in your pants, sex me eyes and cleavage will be plenty. Maybe a skirt, if I'm feeling frisky.
*less eye shadow :D

Finished cooking dinner early tonight eh'? (Did I say that right??) nice job and safe travels! If any of the computers break on the plane they got the man for the job!!
Or if the dirty dishes or laundry stack up during flight. That is only if they let him watch The View and give him bonbons though.

fmrbearkat
January 3rd, 2013, 07:21 PM
Who cares, honestly? Why would that be a shocker at all? Several thousand going to small airport 2 days before the game, big surprise.
I'll make sure and give you guys and update every time I pass another Sam fan on 45.

Nailed it. I don’t understand why Whataburger, and many other fast food restaurants, put so much sauce on their burgers. It’s ridiculous. I like to taste something other than sauce and I also prefer not to wear it.

Considering your party ends at 11, I don’t think they have much to worry about. If anything its more motivation, something this team has enough of.

A while ago I went to Walgreens and there were no SHSU shirts to be found.
WTF is wrong with this guy? The cold must kill brain cells.

*less eye shadow :D

Or if the dirty dishes or laundry stack up during flight. That is only if they let him watch The View and give him bonbons though.

I've got him as more of a the bold and the beautiful type followed by a rousing episode of Maury who's your baby daddy episodes!!

Bisonator
January 3rd, 2013, 07:43 PM
Funny, but I seem to remember alot of the same comments last year. Yeah, I know it's a different year, but don't any of you learn your lessons? Ya'll have never played an offense like this. We got so much speed cops can't even catch us. We got Bell he's a great QB. We got Flanders he's a great running back. We got Sincere he's a great wildcat player. Not saying those are not good players, but NDSU has good players too.

Sure I will be the first to admit that our offense isn't quite right, mainly the passing attack. Brock has struggled a bit more than anyone expected, but the guy is a winner. our receivers have struggled getting seperation and they've also missed time due to injury. Our running game may be even better then last year. I think SHSU may be a bit surprised if Johnny Crockett breaks one. We have 2 backs set to break 1000 yards and oh yeah Brock aint to shabby running the rock either. Our D is just plain stout, better then last year? Statistically maybe but we will find out after Saturday. I know they may give up yards to SHSU, but how many points will Sam get that's the real question. We dominated ISUr at their house, they had a pretty fair Offense. We dominated SDSU which had just demolished EIU. We kept Woffords offense out of the endzone. We gave up three TD's to GSU, they were a dang good team and run it like no other but I beleive our D was beat up and wore down from that Wofford game. And don't forget ya'll had a pretty good offense last year too, but they only scored 2 field goals when it mattered most!

I think it's going to be a great game on Saturday and may the best team win. If it's SHSU I'll be the first to congratulate them and their fans. GO BISON!!!!

Sam_Kats
January 3rd, 2013, 07:56 PM
Bisonator - you're alright. Most of us are. This message board brings out most of the UGLY. 2 best teams are playing in 30 hrs...best team will hoist the trophy in an EPIC atmosphere!

Eat em up Kats!

BisonBabe
January 3rd, 2013, 08:34 PM
Made it to the hotel in Plano about 6:30 tonight. I did not love the traffic coming into town this year (last year we came in later and missed the traffic) Gonna get some sleep as I only slept about 2 hours last night wanted to get back on the road.

Can't wait to see other fans of both schools tomorrow. It is going to be a great weekend for both teams. Our boys earned the right to be playing on the field this weekend and win or lose we should be proud of how hard they have worked.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 3rd, 2013, 09:01 PM
I've got him as more of a the bold and the beautiful type followed by a rousing episode of Maury who's your baby daddy episodes!!

**** you. I love Maury.

xcoach2
January 3rd, 2013, 09:27 PM
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll228/xcoach2/wh_zps724b1f00.jpg

Bearkat14
January 4th, 2013, 12:48 AM
I like they NDSU has stayed in the past... Last year was last year. Sam Houston played away in the cold and against two tough team and two tough FBS teams... Nor did two tough FBS team break through our line to get to our QB. Good luck trying to break through our line this year. Yall have great players... But, you people only know about three people such as Bell, Flanders, and Richie... I would like to introduce Chance Nelson and Trey Diller this year that you will have to worry about. We have more then three weapons on Offense this year. I am pretty sure we are going to be a lot harder to stop. Will our D we still have best front six, yalls run will be able stop unless yall balance out the pass game and run game. Then I except yall to avg about 100 on us for running. If yall run more than yall pass. Good luck on trying to get 100 yards on us... Can't wait to see the rematch. No matter how much smack talk there is, only true colors will be shown Sat, noon time in Frisco, Texas! :)

Darlinikki150
January 4th, 2013, 04:25 AM
95 miles from Oklahoma City! Damn boring drive but I have almost arrived to the great state of Texas!

BisonBabe
January 4th, 2013, 06:14 AM
Well after getting some much needed sleep I am feeling much better. Need to do about an hour of work (did not want to have someone mess up payroll) then on to enjoying my vacation time down here.

Nikki hope you got some rest on the trip the next few days will be crazy.

BisonBabe
January 4th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Oh for you TX guys where is a good liquor store that is easy to get to? Swag & I would like to look for some tequila that we can't buy up in ND. (will be searching the web later but looking for reliable info)

fmrbearkat
January 4th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Oh for you TX guys where is a good liquor store that is easy to get to? Swag & I would like to look for some tequila that we can't buy up in ND. (will be searching the web later but looking for reliable info)

Google a specs liquor...they have some satellite stores but this one in Plano looks like a flagship. Unreal selection!!

http://www.specsonline.com/cgi-bin/showmap?store=151

Darlinikki150
January 4th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Well after getting some much needed sleep I am feeling much better. Need to do about an hour of work (did not want to have someone mess up payroll) then on to enjoying my vacation time down here.

Nikki hope you got some rest on the trip the next few days will be crazy.

I slept for about 2hrs, just hit Texas. Feeling good, get to check in early so that will help.

TheRevSFA
January 4th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Woke up this morning with a fever and no voice...so I'm not making the drive up.

I hope both fan bases enjoy the game..sorry I'm missing this.

BisonBabe
January 4th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Woke up this morning with a fever and no voice...so I'm not making the drive up.

I hope both fan bases enjoy the game..sorry I'm missing this.

Rev sorry to hear that. Swag has the flu bug that has been going around ... he is up in the room trying to sleep it off hope you both feel better soon.

BisonBabe
January 4th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Google a specs liquor...they have some satellite stores but this one in Plano looks like a flagship. Unreal selection!!

http://www.specsonline.com/cgi-bin/showmap?store=151

Thanks just checking out their selection of tequila ... wow if they have all that on the shelves I could go broke.

Gil Dobie
January 4th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Rev sorry to hear that. Swag has the flu bug that has been going around ... he is up in the room trying to sleep it off hope you both feel better soon.

Rumor is tequila cures the flu ;)

fmrbearkat
January 4th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Thanks just checking out their selection of tequila ... wow if they have all that on the shelves I could go broke.

They do....as well as a crazy selection of mixers for your drinks! As well as cheese, crackers, chocolate and cigars! Specs started in Houston and has spread like wild fire! Its an awesome store! The other big liquor stores in DFW are Majestic. Some places are dry in the metroplex so you might have to drive 15-20 min depending on where you are.

Sam_Kats
January 4th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Headed up in a couple hours.

Eat em up!!

BisonBabe
January 4th, 2013, 09:22 AM
They do....as well as a crazy selection of mixers for your drinks! As well as cheese, crackers, chocolate and cigars! Specs started in Houston and has spread like wild fire! Its an awesome store! The other big liquor stores in DFW are Majestic. Some places are dry in the metroplex so you might have to drive 15-20 min depending on where you are.

We are staying at the Hampton off of Old Shepherd in Plano and had a tough time finding a liquor store last year so thanks for the info.

BisonBabe
Rumor is tequila cures the flu ;)

I wish it did and I would be getting some now so Swag felt better. Gonna bring him some toast soon and see if that helps.

xcoach2

Spec's Wine, Spirits and Finer Foods
9500 N Central Expy, Dallas, TX 75231
(214) 369-2800

BNATION
January 4th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Headed up now. Gonna be a great weekend. Good luck to both teams. Lord knows the bison will need it. Haha last one, enjoy the greatest state in the union.

xcoach2
January 4th, 2013, 09:40 AM
I wish it did and I would be getting some now so Swag felt better. Gonna bring him some toast soon and see if that helps.

Whataburger Taquitos

xcoach2
January 4th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Also, I know the Bison fans are big on Whataburger but Braum's is the GOAT imo. Whataburger is great for a quick breakfast spot but pales in comparison to the greatness that is Braum's for burgers. Their ice cream is p' good too and and I figure this is ice cream weather for y'all.

Braum's Store #076
2680 W. Main Street
Frisco, TX 75033
http://www.braums.com/

BisonBabe
January 4th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Also, I know the Bison fans are big on Whataburger but Braum's is the GOAT imo. Whataburger is great for a quick breakfast spot but pales in comparison to the greatness that is Braum's for burgers. Their ice cream is p' good too and and I figure this is ice cream weather for y'all.

Braum's Store #076
2680 W. Main Street
Frisco, TX 75033

Saw some signs for Braum's may have to check them out on our way out of town tomorrow.

TheRevSFA
January 4th, 2013, 10:02 AM

Braum's Store #076
2680 W. Main Street
Frisco, TX 75033

I forgot about braums, not having lived in DFW in a decade

fmrbearkat
January 4th, 2013, 10:06 AM
I forgot about braums, not having lived in DFW in a decade

Braums is great...also a big Carl's jr fan. Sucks we don't have either in Houston!

Nickels
January 4th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Whataburger Taquitos
w/ cheese of course

I'm about to hit the road! xrotatehx Safe travels Bison & fellow Kats...

Gil Dobie
January 4th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Happy Birthday Bison Babe!

Grizza started a thread on another site.

BisonBabe
January 4th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Happy Birthday Bison Babe!

Grizza started a thread on another site.

I will have to pop over there ... thanks Gil

fmrbearkat
January 4th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Weathers clearing out here. Wheels up at 1 and should be there by 2! I heard there is 100k people packing I45 north right now ALL wearing orange!!! Rumor has it buckees in Madisonville sold out of beer at 7am this morning and Woody's in Centerville sold out of jerkey!!!! The migration north has begun!!!! :D

xcoach2
January 4th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Braums is great...also a big Carl's jr fan. Sucks we don't have either in Houston!

There's a Carl's Jr in Katy. I've never eaten there though. The only time I really eat fast food is on road trips and that Carl's Jr is a little too close to my home.

Sammy94
January 4th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Lots of maroon headed north also. Get out of my way ***king Aggie!!!

fmrbearkat
January 4th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Lots of maroon headed north also. Get out of my way ***king Aggie!!!

I forgot the cult would be heading up there too !!!

fmrbearkat
January 4th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Pulling into Marriott Now BisoNation has taken over dallas

Good thing our pilot wasn't drunk like this guy at msp today. http://www.startribune.com/local/185653732.html

You took over Dallas all by yourself??? Impressive since there is over 5 million people in the metroplex alone!! Nice job...in bringing you a sticker!!

NoDak 4 Ever
January 4th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Pulling into Marriott Now BisoNation has taken over dallas

Good thing our pilot wasn't drunk like this guy at msp today. http://www.startribune.com/local/185653732.html

Lakes. Does Ursus know you're posting from another account? You never answer that.

citdog
January 4th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Lakes. Does Ursus know you're posting from another account? You never answer that.

I would NEVER do such a thing.

anybody need a haircut?

Darlinikki150
January 4th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Ah well needed nap and I'm ready to rumble. Hotel is nice, saw the Sam players meandering around. I'm at the Embassy Suites. Gonna crack my first BL, feel free to pm if you are in the neighborhood! Go Bison!

Gil Dobie
January 4th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Well, I work tomorrow. I will record the game, but I don't know if I will be able to keep away from looking at my phone for the blogs, messageboards and scores. Plus the Packers will be playing by the time I get home. Bison/Packer wins will make it a lot easier.

Sammy94
January 4th, 2013, 05:10 PM
La Quinta in Allen. Lots of nice Bison folk here and a few Kats also.

TheRevSFA
January 4th, 2013, 05:41 PM
I heard the bison are outnumbering the Kats at nylo

caribbeanhen
January 4th, 2013, 05:58 PM
all these Sammy fans are so proud of being Texans and Texas could give 2 squirts about the big game

TheRevSFA
January 4th, 2013, 06:10 PM
all these Sammy fans are so pround of being Texans and Texas could give 2 squirts about the big game

Texas isn't Delaware. FCS is not the big fish here. You guys from small states seem to miss this.

Do you think Florida would care if Bethune-cookman was in the nc? What about Washington caring about EWU

Pretty weak attempt at smack

Sammy94
January 4th, 2013, 06:18 PM
Speaking of that. I'm at the OU watch party at a sports bar and I'm the only one in orange. Someone actually asked what the SH means on my hat.

Gil Dobie
January 4th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Speaking of that. I'm at the OU watch party at a sports bar and I'm the only one in orange. Someone actually asked what the SH means on my hat.

SH = Sooner Hater ;)

I'd rather be dead than Sooner Red

caribbeanhen
January 4th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Texas isn't Delaware. FCS is not the big fish here. You guys from small states seem to miss this.

Do you think Florida would care if Bethune-cookman was in the nc? What about Washington caring about EWU

not intended to be smack, just being honest now rev

caribbeanhen
January 4th, 2013, 06:46 PM

honesty gets you rep, I've been there myself

xcoach2
January 4th, 2013, 08:46 PM

Yeah, being a FCS fan in Texas is hipster ****. We're the anti-sheep.

BisonBohl
January 4th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Looks like Bison Nation has arrived.

Bison56
January 5th, 2013, 01:21 AM
Looks like Bison Nation has arrived.

Yep

http://youtu.be/ctSURNcDsCk

fmrbearkat
January 5th, 2013, 06:55 AM
Game day bitches!!! If you ain't a KAT you ain't *****

Sammy94
January 5th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Enjoy this last few hours of being a champion Bison. It sure was a nice run but all things must come to an end. Eat'em up Kats!!!

DJKyR0
January 5th, 2013, 07:14 AM
Lets go Bison! SHSU support at this game is going to be a laugher.

Nickels
January 5th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Lets go Bison! SHSU support at this game is going to be a laugher.

Whats laughable is social ineptness of Bison fans. Weirdos...

BisonBabe
January 5th, 2013, 07:36 AM
Heading out in a couple of minutes ... its a great day to be a FCS football fan. Go Bison

Darlinikki150
January 5th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Hell ya! Game day, headed out from the Embassy! Let's go Bison!

Bisonator
January 5th, 2013, 09:31 AM
GO BISON! BE HERD!! STOMP THOSE KATS!!!

BEAR
January 5th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Go Kats! SLC strong!

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Mr. C has settled into a seat at the local Ruby Tuesday to watch, wishing I could be in the press box right now instead. Just the second title game I've missed covering in person since 2001. Should be a more competitive game this time than last year's version.

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Hopefully ESPN2 doesn't screw up the start of the game with its coverage of a meaningless Rutgers-Pittsburgh basketball game up the road from here that has 10:40 remaining in the second half. Hopefully Rutgers builds on its nine-point lead and that game ends quickly.

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Anybody with portable devices tailgating at the game? What is the atmosphere like this afternoon in Frisco?

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Not a good sign from Rutgers, it has taken 10 minutes to play about two minutes over there. It is 49-42 with 7:13 left. Time out with six minutes left and Rutgers extending it out to a nine-point lead again. Tick clock, tick.

caribbeanhen
January 5th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Mr. C has settled into a seat at the local Ruby Tuesday to watch, wishing I could be in the press box right now instead. Just the second title game I've missed covering in person since 2001. Should be a more competitive game this time than last year's version.

Ruby Tuesdayxchinscratchx, MR C if you needed me to spot you a few bucks all you had to do was ask xnodx

westdakotabison
January 5th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Dom Izzo‏@DomIzzoWDAY

#FCSChamp Kickoff has been pushed back to 12:10 because of ESPN telecast of Rutgers-Pitt basketball #NDSU

caribbeanhen
January 5th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Hopefully ESPN2 doesn't screw up the start of the game with its coverage of a meaningless Rutgers-Pittsburgh basketball game up the road from here that has 10:40 remaining in the second half. Hopefully Rutgers builds on its nine-point lead and that game ends quickly.

what happens if it goes into triple OT?

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Ruby Tuesdayxchinscratchx, MR C if you needed me to spot you a few bucks all you had to do was ask xnodx

That's Ruby Tuesday in Warrington, PA, not Frisco, Tx., unfortunately. Had logistical hurdles to get back to Texas this year (was there for the EWU-Delaware game two years ago). Hopefully, I'll be back in person next year. But after covering 25 games in person this season it is weird to not be on the road for only the second game weekend this season.

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 11:52 AM
what happens if it goes into triple OT?

Then I hope Ruby Tuesday gets ESPNU. Two-point game with four minutes to play. I remember the 1998 game when Georgia Southern and UMass had nearly the entire first quarter screwed up by some lousy hoop game.

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Dom Izzo‏@DomIzzoWDAY

#FCSChamp Kickoff has been pushed back to 12:10 because of ESPN telecast of Rutgers-Pitt basketball #NDSU

That helps a little bit, but these stupid Big East officials need to quit calling so many dang fouls. This is suppose to be the big, tough, physical Big East, not some lolly-gagging league.

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Rutgers 57, Pitt 53 and another blaming time out with 2:52 left.

sgt smash
January 5th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Oh jeez. Official review

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 12:00 PM
And now we have a screwy technical foul call and a video review because the officials thought someone took a swing at someone with 1:35 left.

Bison56
January 5th, 2013, 12:02 PM
What a joke. Meaningless game trumps a championship. Only on ESPN.

sgt smash
January 5th, 2013, 12:04 PM
What is going on with ESPN 2?

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Quit fouling Pittsburgh, you are down by eight with 46.7 seconds left. We want to see some football.

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 12:07 PM
What a joke. Meaningless game trumps a championship. Only on ESPN.

Even Pitt fans are not watching. They are tuning in to the Pitt-Mississippi football game which is kicking off right now.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
January 5th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Deep 3 for Pitt!!! Rutgers better make their FT's...

Drblankstare
God I hate ESPN. I'm sure I'm alone on this.

Mr. C
Pitt drills about a 35-foot trey with 30 seconds left and calls another stinking time out. At least they are showing a brief shot from Frisco right now.

Drblankstare
Deep 3 for Pitt!!! Rutgers better make their FT's...

Riveting.

Bison56
January 5th, 2013, 12:09 PM
God I hate ESPN. I'm sure I'm alone on this.

You are not.

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Pitt still down by five with 17 seconds left and STILL calling time outs.

Ginsbach
January 5th, 2013, 12:11 PM
"...you've got to make this game extend as long as possible."

Thanks basketball commentator. Not like there's something else that should be on ESPN2 right now.

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Here is how you speed up college basketball. Cut time outs down to about two a game.

Bison56
January 5th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Move the BB game to ESPN News. I dont think anyone will miss the 10th in a row showing of Sports Center.

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Hopefully Rutgers drains a couple of free throws and ends this atrocity.

Bison56
Its over get on with it. xflamemadx

Mr. C
The idiot Pitt players are still fouling down seven with five seconds left.

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Why can't they hold up the kickoff for five more minutes?

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Finally some football.

Bison56
January 5th, 2013, 12:15 PM
I guess I will be loading up ESPN's mailbox again. Missed the first drive over a game that was OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Nice first-down completion against tough coverage for Bell and SHSU.

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 12:16 PM
I guess I will be loading up ESPN's mailbox again. Missed the first drive over a game that was OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And meaningless.

Laker
January 5th, 2013, 12:17 PM
FINALLY- Rutgers wins and they can switch over to the FCS championship! Glad that it didn't go to OT.

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 12:17 PM
A bad spot is going to give SHSU a first down. Or maybe not.

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Jay Walker's reasoning on why SHSU can win today: The Bearkats are playing with a chip on their shoulder. How insightful.

Ginsbach
January 5th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Jensen forces a pass to Smith. What a surprise.

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Brock Jensen looked terrible on that third-down throw. NDSU will punt from deep in its own territory.

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Sam Houston has the ball at the NDSU 41 after a punt. Chance for the Bearkats to strike quickly.

GATA_OneMoreTime
January 5th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Sam has a mighty short field. We'll see if NDSU's D can stop em here.

Ginsbach
January 5th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Good run by Sincere, but flag. Holding. Coming back.

Mr. C
Bell with a big run, but it is wiped out on a hold. First big play of the day. Pretty ticky tack on the replay. Nice job Big Sky officials.

GATA_OneMoreTime
Didn't look like a hold to me?

BisonCM
January 5th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Bad call, I didn't see it.

Drblankstare
January 5th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Bad call. Didn't see much there

GATA_OneMoreTime
January 5th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Refs are inserting themselves into this one early...

Mr. C
Procedure on SHSU and then pass interference on NDSU.

Mr. C
Refs are inserting themselves into this one early...

Wouldn't expect anything else from Big Sky officials.

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Bad call, I didn't see it.

I think everyone agrees it was a very bad call.

GATA_OneMoreTime
January 5th, 2013, 12:27 PM
What's the process for selecting officials for the NC game?

Drblankstare
January 5th, 2013, 12:28 PM

If they are so bad how did they get this game.

UNIFanSince1983
They seem to be throwing right at Williams, and so far it is working. Not sure how much you want to tempt fate though...

Mr. C
Nice move by Sincere and a back-shoulder throw and catch from Bell and his talented WR for a first down.

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 12:29 PM
They seem to be throwing right at Williams, and so far it is working. Not sure how much you want to tempt fate though...

Williams didn't cover very well in the game against Georgia Southern.

Red & Black
January 5th, 2013, 12:29 PM
So grabbing a guys arm isn't PI? Ha, ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 12:30 PM
SHSU is short on third and long and it is field goal time. The Bearkats need TDs in this game, not FGs.

Apphole
They're not even playing and the Stink fans are complaining about refs.

Red & Black

Not defending them, but what would you know anout Big Sky officials? Watch a lot of Big Sky games, do ya?

Drblankstare
Bad snap did that

Ginsbach
Field goal is no good!

GATA_OneMoreTime
Sam's kicker must have been hanging out with GSU's special teams unit.

Mr. C
and the kick sails wide right.

Laker
January 5th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Sam misses the field goal.

GATA_Eagles
January 5th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Those darn kickers.

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Sam's kicker must have been hanging out with GSU's special teams unit.

That kid beat NDSU in a regular season game with a last-minute kick when he was a freshman in 2009, 45-42.

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Enjoying a nice salad bar here at Ruby Tuesday as I watch the game.

Drblankstare
January 5th, 2013, 12:34 PM
John Crockett runs for 50. Wow

Red & Black
January 5th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Great play.

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Not defending them, but what would you know anout Big Sky officials? Watch a lot of Big Sky games, do ya?

You obviously don't know who you are talking to if you ask that question. Not only do I watch a lot of games (probably more than ANY writer in the country), I also know all of the directors of officials for the various FCS conferences, including Doug Toole.

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 12:37 PM
John Crockett runs for 50. Wow

How many times do you see a team make a big mistake, like the missed FG and then the Bison immediately strike back.

Red & Black
January 5th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Well, I think it's safe to say that NDSU can't rely on their passing game to win this one. :)

Red & Black
January 5th, 2013, 12:38 PM
You obviously don't know who you are talking to if you ask that question. Not only do I watch a lot of games (probably more than ANY writer in the country), I also know all of the directors of officials for the various FCS conferences, including Doug Toole.

Nope...sorry. But my guess is that you're someone, somewhere, on the East Coast. Good guess?

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Memories of the EWU-Delaware debacle on the call.

ALPHAGRIZ1
January 5th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Go for it.....FGs are worthless

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Ginsbach
January 5th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Play is reviewed, first down is not gained. Keller with a 32 yarder. Good!

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Adam Keller slips a FG in for NDSU to take a 3-0 lead.

Obzerver
January 5th, 2013, 12:43 PM
You're awesome Mr. C...you're also a ref?

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Nope...sorry. But my guess is that you're someone, somewhere, on the East Coast. Good guess?

I might currently reside in the East, but I've covered games from coast-to-coast, including many Big Sky games. I spent half of my career in California. Quit with the East Coast bias crap.

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Go for it.....FGs are worthless

Particularly when you miss them like SHSU did.

Ginsbach
January 5th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Big pass by Bell to Sincere. NDSU's pass coverage is not looking hot.

Mr. C
Bell looks sharper with his passing than I've seen him in a long time. 26 yards on the reception.

Rob Iola
Might want to double that #6

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Seems to be pretty good pass blocking thus far for the Bearkats.

GATA_OneMoreTime
"The speed of the Sam Houston offense is too much for the North Dakota State defense to handle" buttSouthernSpeed? :D

Mr. C
Nice Wildcat play and fake from Sincere.

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Bell scrambles for the first down at the 35.

Mr. C
SHSU is moving the ball. Now the Cats need to get six.

Ginsbach
"The speed of the Sam Houston offense is too much for the North Dakota State defense to handle" buttSouthernSpeed? :D

I'd say it's more busted coverage by Martin and bad looks by Williams.

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Six yards for Flanders to the 29 on first down.

ALPHAGRIZ1
January 5th, 2013, 12:48 PM
NDSU showing some "northern toughness"

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 12:49 PM
I'd say it's more busted coverage by Martin and bad looks by Williams.

Can you really call it busted coverage when a guy gets beat in simple man coverage?

Mr. C
Bell with another nice run for the first down at the 21.

Rob Iola
Bell might want to start sliding...

Red & Black
January 5th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Didn't realize you could stand over a guy and flex after you tackle him.

Ginsbach
January 5th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Can you really call it busted coverage when a guy gets beat in simple man coverage?

Martin looked lost and like he had no idea who he was supposed to be covering or where that WR was on the play. Seemed like pretty bad coverage to me.

GATA_OneMoreTime
January 5th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Great discipline by NDSU's D on that play.

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Start of the second quarter and it is third and long at the 20 as the Bison D toughens again.

ALPHAGRIZ1
January 5th, 2013, 12:54 PM
The northern toughness is too much for SHSU......first fragilty is Bell

Lehigh Football Nation
Whenever SHSU gets in the red zone you can see their options narrowing each time. That's why they don't match up well against the Bison

Laker
Well, the kicker made this one- 3-3.

Mr. C
Messed up pass on third down and some contact that isn't called. Field goal for SHSU ties it at 3-3 with 14:18 left in the half.

Rob Iola
How is that not PI?

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Whenever SHSU gets in the red zone you can see their options narrowing each time. That's why they don't match up well against the Bison

I'm not sure very many teams matchup well with NDSU in the red zone.

GATA_OneMoreTime
January 5th, 2013, 12:56 PM
SHSU option attack isn't getting to the perimeter fast enough to beat the discipline of NDSU

Ginsbach
I'm not sure very many teams matchup well with NDSU in the red zone.

As cliche as it is to say, NDSU's defense at times is very much bend but don't break.

asumike83
How is that not PI?

Agreed, really blatant. He was pushing him with both hands and never even attempted to turn around and play the ball.

Mr. C
Smith nearly broke that kickoff return

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 12:57 PM
SHSU option attack isn't getting to the perimeter fast enough to beat the discipline of NDSU

The key is going to be how well Bell throws the ball, but in the red zone, SHSU's play-calling options are more limited.

TheRevSFA
January 5th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Sam needs to throw more to open up the run

Rob Iola
NDSU needs to be getting Crockett more touches...

Mr. C
Good job by Jensen to buy time and get a pass for a first down to his TE.

GATA_OneMoreTime
Nice play by jensen.

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 12:59 PM
NDSU needs to be getting Crockett more touches...

He is still tired from that 57-yard run, though he got five yards on that play.

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 01:00 PM
One yard for Crockett on second and five.

GATA_OneMoreTime
SHSU is moving the ball a little better, but as NDSU showed against GSU, if you don't get points, yardage doesn't matter.

Drblankstare
Bison need to at least take a shot deep. SAM has a lot of guys forward.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 5th, 2013, 01:01 PM
My new nickname for Williams is Marcus "Horse Collar" Williams.

Mr. C
Jensen's pass to Smith is well covered and it is fourth down. Jensen shows he can't cut it on those type of passes. Weak arm.

Rob Iola
Alligator arms...

ALPHAGRIZ1
Where is the PI

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Bison need to at least take a shot deep. SAM has a lot of guys forward.

Hard to do that with a QB that doesn't have a strong, or accurate arm. Jensen is basically a game manager.

Drblankstare
Alligator arms...

Yep, that one wasn't Brock's fault. Smith heard some footsteps.

Ginsbach
Jensen's pass to Smith is well covered and it is fourth down. Jensen shows he can't cut it on those type of passes. Weak arm.

I'm not one to argue about Jensen's lack of arm strength (I agree with you) but that ball hit Smith right in the hands. Smith just didn't come down with it.

Drblankstare
January 5th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Hard to do that with a QB that doesn't have a strong, or accurate arm. Jensen is basically a game manager.

True enough, but believe it or not it has happened in the past. Even if its incomplete, at least threaten to do it.

ALPHAGRIZ1
Damn Drew Pearson has taken one too many shots to the head.........

Mr. C
Why would the NCAA have Drew Pearson, a non-FCS player from Tulsa, do the coin toss and why is ESPN interviewing him? Dumb response to dumb questions.

HannahO
Not too impressed with either offense.

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Damn Drew Pearson has taken one too many shots to the head.........

It is always amazing how badly some of these former great players articulate the game.

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Not too impressed with either offense.

SHSU has moved the ball well between the 20s. The Cats just haven't been able to close out drives.

Drblankstare
January 5th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Great play design by the Sam coaches.

Ginsbach
NDSU's pass coverage is absolutely embarrassing this game.

Mr. C
Flanders gets into the secondary on a play-fake and catches one to the 35.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
SHSU looks like the better team, by a decent amount. NDSU's defense is so tough though when the field tightens.

Rob Iola
SHSU looking mighty comfortable on offense...

Mr. C
Great play design by the Sam coaches.
I like SHSU's offensive game plan thus far.

Laker
Why is it that every time Flanders does something, I hear an insult from Homer Simpson.............

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Flanders breaks one outside to around the 10, but another holding call.

ALPHAGRIZ1
January 5th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Good call

Red & Black
Friggin' Big Sky refs.

Ginsbach
Another great run by SHSU negated by a holding call.

Rob Iola
NDSU better start tackling better.

Mr. C
The Big Sky officials have called two holds on SHSU that you almost NEVER see called in college football.

Ginsbach
Huge sack!

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Good call

See my last post, Alpha.

Drblankstare
That looked like PA

Rob Iola
Why is it that every time Flanders does something, I hear an insult from Homer Simpson.............
Was thinking the same thing myself....

Mr. C
Friggin' Big Sky refs.

You finally seeing it our way?

Red & Black
Lol, how is that not PI?

Drblankstare
January 5th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Great punt for Sam

Apphole
That was the most platant PI I have ever seen.

Rob Iola
What exactly are these refs doing? That was clearly PI.

Mr. C
Nice bounce on the one on the punt, Bison ball at about the five.

Red & Black
You finally seeing it our way?

I was only joking before. Big Sky refs are horrible.

Ginsbach
Martin is playing with just a bit too much fire today.

asumike83
January 5th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Some friendly whistles (and non-whistles) for the Bison so far, a well-played game on both sides though.

GATA_OneMoreTime
Martin is playing with just a bit too much fire today.
Not too much fire, just mistimed fire.

UNIFanSince1983
That is twice that Martin has gotten away with PI.

HannahO
Lol, how is that not PI?

Big Sky officiating ... Our humble gift to the FCS nation! Jeez!

ALPHAGRIZ1
I can feel the northern toughness taking over this game........

Drblankstare
I like SHSU's offensive game plan thus far.

Agreed, they def put in some wrinkles, Bison D not adjusting well. We'll see what the Bison coaches counter with at half.

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 01:12 PM
That was the most platant PI I have ever seen.

I guess that shows you the difference between SoCon and Big Sky officiating. There were two PI plays by the NDSU defense that would have been called 99% of the time by SoCon officials.

lionsrking2
January 5th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Some friendly whistles (and non-whistles) for the Bison so far, a well-played game on both sides though.

Understatement

asumike83
January 5th, 2013, 01:13 PM
I guess that shows you the difference between SoCon and Big Sky officiating. There were two PI plays by the NDSU defense that would have been called 99% of the time by SoCon officials.

I don't mind letting them play, so long as it's consistent. If you let the PI calls go, no way you can call those holding penalties.

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Agreed, they def put in some wrinkles, Bison D not adjusting well. We'll see what the Bison coaches counter with at half.

Outside of changing coverage and maybe coming up with some blitzes when the Bison are thinking pass, I don't know what Bohl and company would adjust to.

slostang
January 5th, 2013, 01:14 PM
What exactly are these refs doing? That was clearly PI.

Not even a questionable PI. Clearly hit the WR before the ball got there. NDSU dodges a bullet with the help of the Refs.

Mr. C
Third and long with NDSU pinned deep. Huge play in this game.

Red & Black
I don't mind letting them play, so long as it's consistent. If you let the PI calls go, no way you can call those holding penalties.

This. Very inconsistent.

Drblankstare
Outside of changing coverage and maybe coming up with some blitzes when the Bison are thinking pass, I don't know what Bohl and company would adjust to.

They could sit Andre Martin. Lol

Mr. C
Near safety on Jensen on a Kenneth Jenkins safety blitz

Rob Iola
Wow he had Jensen dead to rights...

GATA_OneMoreTime
January 5th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Blatent block in the back on that punt. NDSU #50 fell flat on his face.