PDA

View Full Version : Petrino hired at Western Kentucky

Laker
December 10th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Probably smaller than what he wanted but still FBS

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/western-kentucky-hires-bobby-petrino-baggage-182507706--ncaaf.html

ngineer
December 11th, 2012, 09:40 PM
Does he get to bring his 'secretary' with him?

Laker
December 11th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Does he get to bring his 'secretary' with him?

I have a friend who lives close to Fayetteville. She said that the Petrino's have been in marriage counseling since the scandal broke. She thinks that the wife must be sticking around for the money.

I feel sorry for the blonde's fiancee. Or should I say ex-fiancee.

PhoenixSupreme
December 12th, 2012, 11:42 AM
This is probably about the right place for Petrino to land in all honesty. We all know he can coach based on his resume at Louisville and Arkansas, but his off-the-field demeanor is an obvious weakness. If he wants back in with the big boys, he has to prove that the extra baggage has been left behind for good, so WKU is about as best a place as he could have landed.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 12th, 2012, 02:09 PM
I have a friend who lives close to Fayetteville. She said that the Petrino's have been in marriage counseling since the scandal broke. She thinks that the wife must be sticking around for the money.

She thinks Becky is sticking around for the money huh? Possible, but it's also possible that your friend just likes the lazy approach to these things and so forth. They were married and dating when Bobby was in trasition from Carrol . College and moving on to Weber St. so I'm not sure she started off thinking there was gonna be a big payday involved and if she is staying for the money at this point it seems like she might need some financial advice cuz she could scoot with a good deal of it now if she didn't have other interests...like her family and so forth. Anything is possible though.

Laker
December 12th, 2012, 02:15 PM
She thinks Becky is sticking around for the money huh? Possible, but it's also possible that your friend just likes the lazy approach to these things and so forth. They were married and dating when Bobby was in trasition from Carrol . College and moving on to Weber St. so I'm not sure she started off thinking there was gonna be a big payday involved and if she is staying for the money at this point it seems like she might need some financial advice cuz she could scoot with a good deal of it now if she didn't have other interests...like her family and so forth. Anything is possible though.

No, actually she divorced her husband when she found out he was cheating on her with several women. And she takes care of the kids herself.

Gil Dobie
December 12th, 2012, 02:19 PM

Bet the motorcycle goes via counseling.

Laker
December 12th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Bet the motorcycle goes via counseling.

Yah, but the school colors are close (not identical) to being the same, maybe just a different shade of red. Maybe he'll have to put a "No Riders" sign on the back.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 12th, 2012, 02:35 PM
No, actually she divorced her husband when she found out he was cheating on her with several women. And she takes care of the kids herself.

I guess I misunderstood what you were saying then.

TheRevSFA
December 12th, 2012, 02:49 PM
One of the added perks is that he gets to wear the Hilltopper Mascot Costume while riding. If he should have an accident again, it's extra padding

Gil Dobie
December 12th, 2012, 04:52 PM
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad346/rattlehead666/bobbypetrino_motorcycleblondeoffback.gif

ursus arctos horribilis
December 12th, 2012, 05:10 PM
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad346/rattlehead666/bobbypetrino_motorcycleblondeoffback.gifxlolx

Laker
December 12th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Gil, that was really good!xthumbsupx

dgtw
December 12th, 2012, 07:54 PM

Actually, he is a very lucky man. He found out what kind of person she is before they were married and he avoided the trauma and headaches of a divorce. Much easier to walk away from an engagement than a marriage.

Laker
December 12th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Actually, he is a very lucky man. He found out what kind of person she is before they were married and he avoided the trauma and headaches of a divorce. Much easier to walk away from an engagement than a marriage.

I agree with you, better now than later. I still feel sorry for what he had to go through, same with Petrino's family. That has to be hard to hear, read and see that in the news.

ngineer
December 12th, 2012, 09:38 PM
I guess you could say he's going 'recycle' his career....(;-)