PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Southern @ North Dakota State

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]

Strommer10
December 15th, 2012, 01:28 AM
So, does this game go down into the record books as an FCS classic?

I, for one, thought it was one of the best football games I have ever seen.

I second and also third that motion.

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 15th, 2012, 01:30 AM
So, does this game go down into the record books as an FCS classic?

I, for one, thought it was one of the best football games I have ever seen.
Agreed, by far one of the best games at any level. FCS, FBS, NFL whatever. 2 GREAT teams put it all on the field tonight and played a hell of a game. Still proud to be an Eagle, but I suppose I'll be a Bison come January 5th.

Southern Bison
December 15th, 2012, 01:35 AM
Agreed, by far one of the best games at any level. FCS, FBS, NFL whatever. 2 GREAT teams put it all on the field tonight and played a hell of a game. Still proud to be an Eagle, but I suppose I'll be a Bison come January 5th.

We'll be glad to have ya!

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 15th, 2012, 01:47 AM
Well at least we displayed the southern speed a little better this time! :D

Drblankstare
December 15th, 2012, 01:49 AM
Well at least we displayed the southern speed a little better this time! :D

For sure, Swope and McKinnon were amazing. I know it's a running joke, but you southern boys represented well.

Twentysix
December 15th, 2012, 01:52 AM
So the newspaper says when Jensen ran in the TD to put the bison up at the end, the dome hit 111db. Pretty loud.

swaghook
December 15th, 2012, 02:01 AM
Congratulations NDSU--hope to meet again next year. Great game. Proud of GSU Eagles!!!

You deserve to be on the other side if the bracket next time. The game tonight was of championship game caliber. Both teams deserved to be in the NC to bad the committee loaded the top half so heavily a lot of good teams faced off early. I think I lost a few good years of my life tonight with the roller coaster of a game. It will be one that will be talked about for years to come. Congrats to GSU for fine season no shame in the lose it could have easily went the other way. Definitely had a better attack on offense this year then last.

swaghook
December 15th, 2012, 02:02 AM
So the newspaper says when Jensen ran in the TD to put the bison up at the end, the dome hit 111db. Pretty loud.

BB was listening to the play by play on the radio during the game(or should I say tried to listen) they said at one point it registered 118db in the dome.

Twentysix
December 15th, 2012, 02:03 AM
BB was listening to the play by play on the radio during the game(or should I say tried to listen) they said at one point it registered 118db in the dome.

Awesome!

swaghook
December 15th, 2012, 02:08 AM
I suppose I'll be a Bison come January 5th. Once a Bison always a Bison. ;)

Ran into a whioux fan after the game had his kids with wearing Bison gear. Dad was a good dad and took em to the game. BB told the kids they get the credit for getting their father to take them to a Bison game. One little boy told his dad "I get the credit card dad" kids say the darnedest things. Got a good laugh for the night.

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 15th, 2012, 02:11 AM

That is INSANE! I know you guys know, but seriously, be thankful for the atmosphere you have. You have a rabid fanbase and a perfect venue to showcase it, not many FCS, or really even FBS schools can say the same.

steelr7
December 15th, 2012, 02:24 AM
Just watched Monken's post game presser.....what a class act. It translates to the team too. Best of luck Georgia Southern. Hopefully we see you again!

Cleets
December 15th, 2012, 02:25 AM
You deserve to be on the other side if the bracket next time. The game tonight was of championship game caliber. Both teams deserved to be in the NC to bad the committee loaded the top half so heavily

This remains to be seen
What if NDSU gets beat in the National Championship game..?

slostang
December 15th, 2012, 02:40 AM
My daughter had a basketball game tonight so I had to DVR it. Just got done watching it. Wow, what a heavy weight fight. Punch, counter punch. Both teams as cool as the other side of he pillow. Congrats to both and thanks for such a great game that was all a fan could ask for. It was all left out on the field. Congrats to NDSU for back to back trips to the Championship.

Twentysix
December 15th, 2012, 02:47 AM
This remains to be seen

Get outta hear you negative nancy! xtroublex

BisonBohl
December 15th, 2012, 02:53 AM
This remains to be seen

Still two strong teams have to play tomorrow, just excited that my Bison have the opportunity to play one of them in Frisco.

swaghook
December 15th, 2012, 03:25 AM
This remains to be seen

Any Given Saturday, but I do like our chances for a repeat. GSU could have made it all the way if they were in the other half of the bracket IMO.

swaghook
December 15th, 2012, 03:26 AM
double post.

DJKyR0
December 15th, 2012, 03:38 AM
Wow. What. A. Game. I (and I'm sure everyone else who was in attendance) feel totally physically and emotionally drained after that. The few players I ran into after the game seemed in good spirits, and I honestly don't know how that's possible after that battle that just happened. A few things -

1.) GSU fans - your team was legit and pushed us around like no team has this year. You all were right to believe your team had what it took to get the W today.
2.) McKinnon was an absolute nightmare. I saw he had 16 carries at the half and about did a spit-take. His TD run from 25 out was clutch city.
3.) Carson Wentz on third and long was just unreal. Had a decent look at Brock open in the left field and just made a play out of nothing. That's a huge play from the redshirt freshman.
4.) Needless to say, the play of the game was the 4th and 3 from the 5 that Jensen ran in for the score. Easily the biggest spot he's ever faced and he delivered big time.
5.) The two biggest plays of the game (for the Bison, at least) were the aforementioned plays by the QBs, but my favorite came from a formation we ran an end-around out of three times in a row - TE/FB in the backfield behind and to the left of the QB, two WRs right and an RB to the left, and Jensen keeps it for a monster first-down conversion late in the game. Huge play and a good call by the coaches to work that fold into the playbook.

All that said, and with due commendation to GSU, the better team won today. NDSU was more disciplined, made better adjustments, and made fewer mistakes than their counterparts, and I won't apologize for saying that. GSU's ability to outgain us was impressive, and I don't know if there's a defense in the country that would be able to hold that offense to under 20 points. I thought the Bison offense did exactly what it needed to tonight, and while a few more conversions would have been nice they certainly delivered when they were needed. Took the defense a few series in the second half to figure out GSU's offense, but once they did, it was all Carlton Littlejohn and the guy was making play after play. Can't say enough about how he stepped up, including on the final FG block. Crowd was huge and plenty of players acknowledged that after the game. Russell can go suck eggs for all I'm concerned.

All in all, easily the best football game I've ever seen in person and all the sweeter because my team won. Make no mistake, there were a few times when I thought there was no way we had it, but get it we did. Once again want to commend GSU on a great season, a great team, and a great performance tonight. The FCS really benefits when two teams show up to play like ours did today on the national stage.

Tickets and transport to Frisco are booked. Can't wait.

gasoutherneagle
December 15th, 2012, 05:36 AM
Great game NDSU. Best of luck in Frisco. I really thought we had you this time.

Kinda disappointing, looking back, that we won't have that 7th title to punctuate the end of Georgia Southern's FCS tenor. The wife and I sat in the living room reflecting for a while after the game and that is really when it hit home. That was it... if the announcement comes in the next few weeks, that's how it ends.

Welp... Good luck on January 5th. Perhaps Georgia Southern is leaving to make way for the next FCS championship dynasty.

Darlinikki150
December 15th, 2012, 06:09 AM
Holy ****balls what a fantastic game. Big ups to GSU, legit team. At 9min in the 4th my sis and I thought it was over, but somehow we made plays and got back into the game. Loudest I have ever heard the dome, and my family has had season tix for more than 10years. Sad to know a game like that won't be played again w GSU moving to FBS, but glad we had the games we did. Missed last year in Frisco due to illnes, but I could be on my death bed this year and will be in the stands! I have no respect for the FBS, but I will certainly be cheering for the Eagles when they make the move! Best of luck, and Go Bison!!!

caribbeanhen
December 15th, 2012, 06:56 AM
I think if Wofford had the offense of GSU and GSU had the defense of Wofford, each would have won, but it doesn't work that way -_

fair statement and true as well

NoDak 4 Ever
December 15th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Katfans thinks their game is the national championship.

caribbeanhen
December 15th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Katfans thinks their game is the national championship.

hey, it's not right to make fun of the mentally challenged

Laker
December 15th, 2012, 08:08 AM
Pretty sure the Mayor of Frisco is at a bar having a drink right now. Knowing the entire town of Fargo is coming back again.

Nexus 4

He better have one now, and order some more, because they will drink the town dry...........:)

Htownbearkat
December 15th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Congrats Bison, you are the Chris Carter of FCS. All you do is win football games.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 15th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Great game last night.

Stood and gave the GSU players an ovation as they walked out. Great game played by GSU. McKinnon is an outstanding athlete and QB...wow!

Hopefully GSU decides to stay in the FCS, but I wouldn't blame them for trying to move up.

Houndawg
December 15th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Wow. What. A. Game. I (and I'm sure everyone else who was in attendance) feel totally physically and emotionally drained after that. The few players I ran into after the game seemed in good spirits, and I honestly don't know how that's possible after that battle that just happened. A few things -

1.) GSU fans - your team was legit and pushed us around like no team has this year. You all were right to believe your team had what it took to get the W today.
2.) McKinnon was an absolute nightmare. I saw he had 16 carries at the half and about did a spit-take. His TD run from 25 out was clutch city.
3.) Carson Wentz on third and long was just unreal. Had a decent look at Brock open in the left field and just made a play out of nothing. That's a huge play from the redshirt freshman.
4.) Needless to say, the play of the game was the 4th and 3 from the 5 that Jensen ran in for the score. Easily the biggest spot he's ever faced and he delivered big time.
5.) The two biggest plays of the game (for the Bison, at least) were the aforementioned plays by the QBs, but my favorite came from a formation we ran an end-around out of three times in a row - TE/FB in the backfield behind and to the left of the QB, two WRs right and an RB to the left, and Jensen keeps it for a monster first-down conversion late in the game. Huge play and a good call by the coaches to work that fold into the playbook.

All that said, and with due commendation to GSU, the better team won today. NDSU was more disciplined, made better adjustments, and made fewer mistakes than their counterparts, and I won't apologize for saying that. GSU's ability to outgain us was impressive, and I don't know if there's a defense in the country that would be able to hold that offense to under 20 points. I thought the Bison offense did exactly what it needed to tonight, and while a few more conversions would have been nice they certainly delivered when they were needed. Took the defense a few series in the second half to figure out GSU's offense, but once they did, it was all Carlton Littlejohn and the guy was making play after play. Can't say enough about how he stepped up, including on the final FG block. Crowd was huge and plenty of players acknowledged that after the game. Russell can go suck eggs for all I'm concerned.

All in all, easily the best football game I've ever seen in person and all the sweeter because my team won. Make no mistake, there were a few times when I thought there was no way we had it, but get it we did. Once again want to commend GSU on a great season, a great team, and a great performance tonight. The FCS really benefits when two teams show up to play like ours did today on the national stage.

Tickets and transport to Frisco are booked. Can't wait.

The luckier team won, imo, that's why they play the game.....

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 15th, 2012, 08:35 AM

Just like the Bison getting lucky with SIU....right?

xcoffeex

Great game by both teams.

marenlee
December 15th, 2012, 08:36 AM
In the 4th quarter I was almost convinced the Bison would lose. And I decided I was going to end up cheering for GSU to win the title game if they held on for the win. I really hope most GSU fans would feel the same.

skinny_uncle
December 15th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Congrats to the Bison. Best of luck in the title game.

Texas
December 15th, 2012, 08:49 AM

That's football.

Bison56
December 15th, 2012, 09:19 AM
I wish GSU would stay FCS. We just got a good rivalry going. Reminds me of the old Steelers - Raiders playoff rivalry back in the 70's.

Hammerhead
December 15th, 2012, 09:49 AM
While the Fargodome might not technically be an arena...
The loudest crowd roar at an indoor sports arena is 106.6 dBA recorded during a second time-out in the third quarter of the the LA Clippers v Milwaukee Bucks game at Bradley Centre, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA, on 20 December 2008.
The Bradley Center accommodates 18,600 attendees for basketball.
http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/3000/loudest-crowd-roar-at-a-sports-stadium-(indoors)

There is a higher reading for a soccer game in Turkey for an outdoor stadium.

JSUBison
December 15th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Once a Bison always a Bison. ;)

Ran into a whioux fan after the game had his kids with wearing Bison gear. Dad was a good dad and took em to the game. BB told the kids they get the credit for getting their father to take them to a Bison game. One little boy told his dad "I get the credit card dad" kids say the darnedest things. Got a good laugh for the night.

Must have been Darell1976.

UNH Fanboi
December 15th, 2012, 10:14 AM

Does anyone have a clip of the end of the game? Would live to see the atmosphere in the Fargo Dome.

BisonBabe
December 15th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Wow the game was awesome last night. I had the opportunity to visit with some GSU fans just outside BWW as well as in tailgate and in the dome. IMO the game last night could have been for the championship. Two great teams took the field and kept us all on our toes until the end. Best game ever.

Laker
December 15th, 2012, 10:35 AM
There is a higher reading for a soccer game in Turkey for an outdoor stadium.

But wasn't that actual gunfire??? :D

UNH Fanboi
December 15th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Does anyone have a clip of the end of the game? Would live to see the atmosphere in the Fargo Dome.

Just saw it on ESPN3. It honestly didn't sound that loud on the ESPN3 feed. Maybe it's different in person.

citdog
December 15th, 2012, 10:48 AM
can someone who downloaded the game please post a link to it for those who don't get espn3 please?

MarkyMark
December 15th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Great game, so proud of the Bison, not sure if the best team won yesterday but it was a great matchup.

PhillyApp1
December 15th, 2012, 10:54 AM
It's the truth though.

LehighTU...i wonder if you understand Southern Football....FBS will be just fine for GSU and AppState

Houndawg
December 15th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Just like the Bison getting lucky with SIU....right?

xcoffeex

Great game by both teams.

Not quite that lucky..:D

Luck is huge for any championship team in any division - almost anybody who wins it all had a game or two where things worked out ok that might not have.

citdog
December 15th, 2012, 10:57 AM
LehighTU...i wonder if you understand Southern Football....FBS will be just fine for GSU and AppState

i wonder if you do. it's the sec and everyone else. so unless you're getting invited there you'll be sorry that you left.

68ndsuBISONfan
December 15th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Bring it On!!!!!

To the Georgia Southern Eagle fans and football team. You guys got what you deserved, a LOSS. How dare your team come onto OUR field, when we darken the lights,in OUR stadium, which is OUR time, to introduce OUR team to the fans. That showed absolutely NO CLASS. And was a total disgrace, I hope you PRICKS enjoyed the long plane trip back to Georgia. Shame on you.

PhillyApp1
December 15th, 2012, 11:23 AM
can someone who downloaded the game please post a link to it for those who don't get espn3 please?

CitDog is begging ...LMFAO !!!

BTW- I have many,many Cit grad as customers...and i only work with people i like and respect !!!

PhillyApp1
December 15th, 2012, 11:29 AM
i wonder if you do. it's the sec and everyone else. so unless you're getting invited there you'll be sorry that you left.

CitDog..... I know you will miss APP but just think about the eternal bragging rights of kicking APP State *** the last time we played !!!

I will ALWAYS respect The Citadel and its grads for their integrity and service....It is shown in every grad i have ever met. When we move up...i will be a full-time Cit fan

citdog
December 15th, 2012, 11:37 AM
i only work with people i like and respect !!!

well i take it we won't be working together then.

citdog
December 15th, 2012, 11:41 AM
CitDog..... I know you will miss APP but just think about the eternal bragging rights of kicking APP State *** the last time we played !!!

I think you are selling yourselves short in the sun blech. It would be wiser to wait and see how everything in the fbs is going to shake out. It would really be a misfortune if the divisions suddenly realigned and y'all had spent a ****load of money for something you could have for free.

MplsBison
December 15th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Unbelievable game to watch on TV - something I rarely say about ****ANY**** sporting event on TV. I hate watching sports on TV....but when you're emotionally invested, you do what you gotta do.

This series of events is something that will always stick with me and I'll be telling stories about for a long time:

1) GSU calls BACK-TO-BACK timeouts because they're so stupified by NDSU lining up in shotgun spread. So NDSU comes out in that exact same formation that they showed twice before and Jensen keeps it and bursts into the endzone for the go-ahead (and game winning) touchdown, then collapses to a knee in thanks to whatever higher power you believe in, that they made it - and *LITERALLY* we watch the burden of leading the team back to Frisco, despite some of the "lackluster" performances he's given at times this year, fall off of his shoulders.

2) Mr. back-up QB who only ever gets to come in for the rare throwing play, comes in for like his third play of the game and launches a PERFECT bomb as he's being hit. GSU receiver somehow beats our All American corner who was falling down trying to stop the pass, but it's so damn perfectly thrown that the receiver is so dumbfounded when he catches it IN STRIDE that he promptly decides to fall over.

3) Defense holds good enough to force a field goal attempt by GSU to tie the game. Some guy who just joined the team THAT WEEK trots out there "oh by the way, don't f___ it up - this is kind've our season right here" for a FIFTY (50) yard field goal attempt. Dude lines up and looks like he took the best whack at it that he could do...but it's blocked! Then someone on GSU tries to grab the ball and throw it downfield, which actually happens and a friggin' OL catches it and tries to advance it! But of course that's illegal and the game ends.

A-MAZING ending! Great game! Two amazing teams...as far as I'm concerned that WAS the national championship.

Now I just hope E Washington wins because we already dispatched Sam Houston last year and we have a friggin' bone to pick with EWU!!!!!!! :D

boogereagle
December 15th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Well, the sun came up I think. It's cloudy down here but it is daylight. I wasn't sure that was gonna happen late last night.

That said, I don't know if I've ever experienced a more heartbreaking loss .... but was proud of our kids for leaving it all on the field and kudos as well to NDSU and the Bison fan base. What a truly great program.

I hate to see us go FBS. I want payback ... :D

citdog
December 15th, 2012, 11:45 AM
To the Georgia Southern Eagle fans and football team. You guys got what you deserved, a LOSS. How dare your team come onto OUR field, when we darken the lights,in OUR stadium, which is OUR time, to introduce OUR team to the fans. That showed absolutely NO CLASS. And was a total disgrace, I hope you PRICKS enjoyed the long plane trip back to Georgia. Shame on you.

UP GEORGIA! UP AND TO YOUR POSTS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vPVTqWJd28&bpctr=1355595243

boogereagle
December 15th, 2012, 11:47 AM
I think you are selling yourselves short in the sun blech. It would be wiser to wait and see how everything in the fbs is going to shake out. It would really be a misfortune if the divisions suddenly realigned and y'all had spent a ****load of money for something you could have for free.

Agree. Seems silly to chase bottom level FBS teams when there's a chance we'll all wind up in some sort of reconfigured second tier or something anyway.

Course, common sense and college football don't actually go together very often.

swaghook
December 15th, 2012, 11:48 AM

None of the fans we met were anywhere near classless it was a bold move on the teams part I hope they enjoyed the intro. I personally did not like the fans ruining the intro by booing them. It was a hell of a game the fans were into it and just maybe the GSU team coming out at the start of our into build up was what they needed to really get loud and proud. Did you ever chance to consider even though you did not like what they did that it actually back fired on them and caused the crowd to get even more in to the game from the first play on.

Eaglesrus
December 15th, 2012, 11:49 AM

You're serious? If that upset you this much (or at all, in my opinion) I'm really glad that I live 1,600 miles from you.

Nickels
December 15th, 2012, 11:56 AM
I think its kinda bad ***. Imagine if you were really sneaky with it and few opposing fans noticed the team entered. The lights turn on and BAM! The visiting team is lined up across the field, staring at the Bizon.

Wilson16
December 15th, 2012, 11:58 AM
You're serious? If that upset you this much (or at all, in my opinion) I'm really glad that I live 1,600 miles from you.

Ignore his comments. I thought it was fine to do what they did and I think most NDSU fans at the game felt the same way (at least the folks aoround where i was sitting). Their way of showing they weren't going to be intimidated by the atmosphere in the dome. Not sure it totally worked but I see nothing wrong with it. Two great teams and a hell of a game. Played anywhere else than the dome I'm not so sure the outcome is the same. Yes, this from a Bison fan.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 15th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Ignore his comments. I thought it was fine to do what they did and I think most NDSU fans at the game felt the same way (at least the folks aoround where i was sitting). Their way of showing they weren't going to be intimidated by the atmosphere in the dome. Not sure it totally worked but I see nothing wrong with it. Two great teams and a hell of a game. Played anywhere else than the dome I'm not so sure the outcome is the same. Yes, this from a Bison fan.

Not nearly as bad as them probably pouring some of their sewer water on our new carpet. Bad guests.

asumike83
December 15th, 2012, 12:01 PM

Gotta love the most classless post ever talking about how the GSU team has no class. What do you know? He joined 4 weeks ago. Shocker.

asumike83
December 15th, 2012, 12:02 PM
To the GaSo fans and team:

What an amazing game that both teams provided for us as fans. Your coaches planned quite will and the players left everything on the field tonight. Regardless of the "bar stool bravado" that we espouse before the game on this thread, I've had great respect for the 6-time NC of FCS football. Personally, I hope that you will stay in the SoCon for a while so that I may see you play at Wofford** or App* soon and experience what is great football in the SoCon. Congratulations on 3 semifinals in a row...it is nothing to hang your heads about. GaSo will continue to shine as one of the beacons of FCS football both for their history and for years to come.

Standing OOOOO

*Asumike83 - I need a ticket
**youngterrier - I need a ticket

October 26, 2013, Georgia Southern visits The Rock! The more, the merrier.

Wilson16
December 15th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Not nearly as bad as them probably pouring some of their sewer water on our new carpet. Bad guests.Not sure what that has to do with their entry into the stadium and the posters disdain for it.

MarkyMark
December 15th, 2012, 12:07 PM

GSU and any team has a right to come out whenever they want. I thought it was a bold deliberate statement that they were not going to be intimidated. I can't remember the last time the opposing team came out first in the FargoDome. Its been many years I believe.

blueballs
December 15th, 2012, 12:10 PM

Speaking of a lack of class...

Southern Bison
December 15th, 2012, 12:12 PM

To my fellow Bison fans: Neg rep the hell out of this moron. This might be the next Mpls or Lakes but we all saw how that worked out...Banned.

swaghook
December 15th, 2012, 12:17 PM
To my fellow Bison fans: Neg rep the hell out of this moron. This might be the next Mpls or Lakes but we all saw how that worked out...Banned.

Seriously thought about it but felt a public admonishment of his post was the best option at this point. He has a total of 34 posts here compared to over 10,000 worthless drivel posts from MPLS if he wishes to continue making an arse of himself then I will probably hand out some red chiclets.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 15th, 2012, 12:18 PM

There's a big difference between dumb and trolly. That is just dumb. I'm not so worried yet about a new Mpls or Lakes.

Sylvergunsuperman
December 15th, 2012, 12:18 PM
This may be a dumb question, but I'm new to AGS and the grandness of FCS football fandom...The announcers last night were saying Bizon? Is it Bison or Bizon? Fun game to watch by the way. Hoping we can get past a really good SHSU team today to join you in Frisco. Go Eagles!

Bisonator
December 15th, 2012, 12:20 PM

Go away and don't come back. No team needs fans like you.

Please ignore the troll.

swaghook
December 15th, 2012, 12:23 PM
This may be a dumb question, but I'm new to AGS and the grandness of FCS football fandom...The announcers last night were saying Bizon? Is it Bison or Bizon? Fun game to watch by the way. Hoping we can get past a really good SHSU team today to join you in Frisco. Go Eagles!

We pronounce it Bizon up here.

Sylvergunsuperman
December 15th, 2012, 12:25 PM
We pronounce it Bizon up here.

Got it...thank you.xthumbsupx

boogereagle
December 15th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Go away and don't come back. No team needs fans like you.

Please ignore the troll.

No worries. Every fanbase has those who embarrass hell out of the rest.

Great game. Dammit I wanted to win that one so bad. I'm going to have green and yellow nightmares for months. xsalutex

bwwilsav
December 15th, 2012, 12:30 PM

You are the classless one for such a comment about a great team that travelled to ND to play in a hostile environment. You are typical of what we mean about a "damn yankee". Thanfully, not all are like you.

citdog
December 15th, 2012, 12:32 PM
You are the classless one for such a comment about a great team that travelled to ND to play in a hostile environment. You are typical of what we mean about a "damn yankee". Thanfully, not all are like you.

http://lockgen.com/damnyankees/yankees2.jpg

HannahO
December 15th, 2012, 12:34 PM

Oh Lord, now you've done it. I have an auditory processing disorder due to head trauma which makes distinguishing some words and sounds difficult. When some NDSU fans were in Cheney they became enraged when I apparently mispronounced their mascot name. I truly thought I was saying it exactly like them and they poked me and told me if I didn't stop saying it wrong they'd make me. I guess this is something they take VERY seriously! BTW they tell me it's with a zzzz sound so I guess you can't go wrong saying Bizzzon. Me, I just try to avoid it.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 15th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Oh Lord, now you've done it. I have an auditory processing disorder due to head trauma which makes distinguishing some words and sounds difficult. When some NDSU fans were in Cheney they became enraged when I apparently mispronounced their mascot name. I truly thought I was saying it exactly like them and they poked me and told me if I didn't stop saying it wrong they'd make me. I guess this is something they take VERY seriously! BTW they tell me it's with a zzzz sound so I guess you can't go wrong saying Bizzzon. Me, I just try to avoid it.

It's a proper name. Kind of like saying "CHAIN-y, Washington" is wrong.

Cleets
December 15th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Any Given Saturday, but I do like our chances for a repeat. GSU could have made it all the way if they were in the other half of the bracket IMO.

You have NO IDEA... until all the games have been played
GSU might have already lost to anybody on the other side - these things are unknown

All you know is that GSU gave NDSU a real battle
and based on that you have decided a whole bunch of other things that you know nothing about

Yes... I like NDSU's chances and I've said that already
but you're just talking nonsense basically

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 15th, 2012, 12:46 PM

WTF is this?

Met some really nice GSU fans. Not a good post.

HannahO
December 15th, 2012, 12:54 PM
It's a proper name. Kind of like saying "CHAIN-y, Washington" is wrong.

I'm pretty sure that mispronouncing something (proper name or not) isn't something to threaten someone over but I guess we all have our priorities.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 15th, 2012, 12:57 PM
I'm pretty sure that mispronouncing something (proper name or not) isn't something to threaten someone over but I guess we all have our priorities.

I'm not doubting your story, but maybe your perception. I know if NO Bison fans who would ever threaten someone seriously over such a trivial matter. Even over more serious matters.

steelr7
December 15th, 2012, 12:58 PM

I thought that it was a great way for GSU to get their players up too. Smart move by their coaches to bring them out when they did. I've been to 50+ games at the Fargodome & I don't ever remember another team doing that. Didnt think it was classless at all. I think your post is a little misguided, but your entitled to your opinion.

Twentysix
December 15th, 2012, 02:11 PM

Their band played through Thunderstruck during the intro also. It was pretty tacky. I thought their team coming out was fine. But their band should STFU during the NDSU intro.

TheRevSFA
December 15th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Their band played through Thunderstruck during the intro also. It was pretty tacky. I thought their team coming out was fine. But their band should STFU during the NDSU intro.

Who cares? Seriously?

You guys scream bison at the end of the star spangled banner and I'm sure some people found it classless but you don't

NoDak 4 Ever
December 15th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Who cares? Seriously?

You guys scream bison at the end of the star spangled banner and I'm sure some people found it classless but you don't

This.

The Sammy's also got mad when we cheered during some song they love or something during their intro. Gamesmanship all.

They lost, I'm sure they feel worse about that than we do about the "disrespect" or whatever.

citdog
December 15th, 2012, 02:35 PM
This.

The Sammy's also got mad when we cheered during some song they love or something during their intro. Gamesmanship all.

They lost, I'm sure they feel worse about that than we do about the "disrespect" or whatever.

nothing wrong with yelling during a national anthem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__kQX12S9YI

Twentysix
December 15th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Who cares? Seriously?

I care I was 6 rows from them and they ruined it. Their band director was an A**hole if you ask me. Their fans seemed awesome.

GATA_Eagles
December 15th, 2012, 02:42 PM

Our team ran out, so we played our fight song. No need to take away from a good game.

semobison
December 15th, 2012, 03:00 PM
I care I was 6 rows from them and they ruined it. Their band director was an A**hole if you ask me. Their fans seemed awesome.

I cant stand all that artificial music pumped in, pagentry or any of that crap! I miss the days when it was just fans and the band. You know where all this crap originated.... All Star wrestling, WWF or whatever the hell it is. Same crap in basketball, boxing etc.. I could live without it!...Am I aging myself?

Bison56
December 15th, 2012, 04:19 PM
I cant stand all that artificial music pumped in, pagentry or any of that crap! I miss the days when it was just fans and the band. You know where all this crap originated.... All Star wrestling, WWF or whatever the hell it is. Same crap in basketball, boxing etc.. I could live without it!...Am I aging myself?

I miss black and white TV.:D

oldbisonbuddy
December 15th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Hope you guys stay FCS. It is becoming a fine rivalry.

Blue Eagle
December 16th, 2012, 10:18 AM

Are you kidding me??

Our band actually had the audacity to play our fight song when our team came on the field...

Even worse during thunderstruck...

And our team came on the field when the lights were out...

They obviously thought they were back in Georgia!!!!

Instead of whinning you should be thankful the game was played in Fargo and we didn't have a place kicker...

In case you didn't notice the reasons NDSU won that game were your place kicker and punter!!

Last year we had two of the best in the nation this year we did not...

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Are you kidding me??

Our band actually had the audacity to play our fight song when our team came on the field...

Even worse during thunderstruck...

And our team came on the field when the lights were out...

They obviously thought they were back in Georgia!!!!

Instead of whinning you should be thankful the game was played in Fargo and we didn't have a place kicker...

In case you didn't notice the reasons NDSU won that game were your place kicker and punter!!

Don't forget the defense that forced a fumble on the first drive of the second half and threw McKinnon for a loss making you go for a 50 yd fg. Not that any of that mattered.

gsu_paintballer
December 16th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Don't forget the defense that forced a fumble on the first drive of the second half and threw McKinnon for a loss making you go for a 50 yd fg. Not that any of that mattered.

Yea, those are actually the two single largest plays in the game.

I'd argue the kicker and punter weren't that crucial in this game. I mean, yes, we missed a long FG, but 50 yards is tough for the best kickers.

I have no idea what Blue Eagle is talking about.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2012, 10:52 AM

I'd argue the kicker and punter weren't that crucial in this game. I mean, yes, we missed a long FG, but 50 yards is tough for the best kickers.

It always happens. When a team loses, especially a tough game, fans try to boil it down to one or two things that aren't really in their control as a defense mechanism.

GSU was tough as ****. This is how I thought it was going to go last year, my heart was racing at the end of that game. I just really really wanted to go to Texas in a few weeks.

Nothing to hang anyone's head about.

CommishBigSmooth
December 16th, 2012, 11:01 AM

Not that crucial? I question that. Consider beyond the obviousness of the blocked PAT's and made/missed field goals and focus on the hidden yards in special teams that no one seems to talk about. The net yards per punt were 56-34 in favor of the Bison. That's a huge disparity, especially considering GSU had to start inside their 5 twice.

Don't forget at the start of the 4th quarter GSU punted at the NDSU 35 and bounced it into the endzone for a touchback, the subsequent drive of which NDSU drove it out far enough to punt and pin the Eagles back at their two yard line. The field position flipped and set up the Bison game winning drive after an decent GSU punt that was unfortunately combined with a really stupid personal foul.

Then, at the end, the personal foul from Russell puts the NDSU kickoff at the 50 and an easy touchback, and GSU has to drive without any time outs just to get a low-probability field goal off. Not even talking about the fact the GSU kicker literally got put on the roster Thursday morning off the soccer team---and he wasn't even the soccer coach's first recommendation, according to what I read in the Statesboro paper.

Blue Eagle
December 16th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Not that crucial? I question that. Consider beyond the obviousness of the blocked PAT's and made/missed field goals and focus on the hidden yards in special teams that no one seems to talk about. The net yards per punt were 56-34 in favor of the Bison. That's a huge disparity, especially considering GSU had to start inside their 5 twice.

Don't forget at the start of the 4th quarter GSU punted at the NDSU 35 and bounced it into the endzone for a touchback, the subsequent drive of which NDSU drove it out far enough to punt and pin the Eagles back at their two yard line. The field position flipped and set up the Bison game winning drive after an decent GSU punt that was unfortunately combined with a really stupid personal foul.

Then, at the end, the personal foul from Russell puts the NDSU kickoff at the 50 and an easy touchback, and GSU has to drive without any time outs just to get a low-probability field goal off. Not even talking about the fact the GSU kicker literally got put on the roster Thursday morning off the soccer team---and he wasn't even the soccer coach's first recommendation, according to what I read in the Statesboro paper.

Great "analysis" of the effect the punting had on this game...

Anyone not seeing that wasn't watching the same game I was!!

Blue Eagle
December 16th, 2012, 11:39 AM

Show me where I said NDSU defense didn't matter because for the life of me I can't find it...

NDSU, obviously, has a great defense and made the plays they needed to win the game including the fumble but without their punting advantage I don't think they win the game...just my humble opinion...

Just for the record I believe the Eagles had 430 yds total offense compared to 277 for NDSU...yes, the kicker and punter were "that crucial" in this game...

gsu_paintballer
December 16th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Show me where I said NDSU defense didn't matter because for the life of me I can't find it...

NDSU, obviously, has a great defense and made the plays they needed to win the game including the fumble but without their punting advantage I don't think they win the game...just my humble opinion...

Just for the record I believe the Eagles had 430 yds total offense compared to 277 for NDSU...yes, the kicker and punter were "that crucial" in this game...

NDSU started THREE drives (out of eight) past their own 20 (26, 29 and 41), and one of those was after our fumble to give them the ball (the drive starting on the 41).

GSU, on the other hand, started six out of nine drives past their own 20.

BEAR
December 16th, 2012, 12:19 PM
I love it when the P.A. guy kept calling Georgia Southern , Georgia State. xlolx

Really? 4 teams left and you can't get the one on the program in front of you right? nice.

Maybe he works for the NCAA and will send the championship banner to N.D. again or even Sam College in Penn. xlolx

Eagle22
December 16th, 2012, 01:16 PM
IMO, the play of the game.

Potentially a 14 point swing. I was thinking if we drove the field and scored on that opening drive, we would be hard to beat.

Guess we'll never know.

CommishBigSmooth
December 16th, 2012, 01:23 PM
NDSU started THREE drives (out of eight) past their own 20 (26, 29 and 41), and one of those was after our fumble to give them the ball (the drive starting on the 41).

GSU, on the other hand, started six out of nine drives past their own 20.

Sorry, but you're wrong on that my friend. Don't forget that last drive where NDSU took the lead for good and started on their own 47 following the personal foul. So four out of eight, if you don't count the last kneel down as a possession after the missed field goal. Technically it's five out of nine.

I'm not sure measuring past the 20 is that relevant anyway, since the touchbacks now come out to the 25. But we'll use the 20-yard benchmark you have. GSU never started a drive better than their own 35. For the record, the six past the 20 were at their own 21, 25, 27, 35, 35 and 25. Also worthy of note is that the three drives of your nine you reference were 1) started at their own 15, 5 and 2 yard lines respectively and 2) all came in the second half. Major role in the outcome, especially against a team like GSU that grinds out drives in the TO.

GSU Eagle
December 16th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Our kicking game can stand some upgrades in every aspect.

IBleedYellow
December 16th, 2012, 03:43 PM
What I love about all these stats is that they aren't as important as this : 23-20. You can run 600+ yards against us, I don't care. If the final score had us ahead, everything else is mute.

Nexus 4

xcoach2
December 16th, 2012, 03:59 PM
What I love about all these stats is that they aren't as important as this : 23-20. You can run 600+ yards against us, I don't care. If the final score had us ahead, everything else is mute.

Nexus 4

It's moot bruh.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2012, 04:18 PM
It's moot bruh.

Yes it is, isn't it?

citdog
December 16th, 2012, 04:21 PM
It's moot bruh.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_REkgXByDyuU/S7OQjASZIsI/AAAAAAAAGyg/efjoN0B5xbY/s1600/grammar-nazi2.jpg

Eaglesrus
December 16th, 2012, 04:33 PM

And if we'd stopped NDSU on 4th and 3, then made a couple of first downs it would have been game over in our favor. There were a number of places where one play may have made a complete difference in the game.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2012, 04:37 PM
And if we'd stopped NDSU on 4th and 3, then made a couple of first downs it would have been game over in our favor. There were a number of places where one play may have made a complete difference in the game.

so maybe it came down to one team made a 4th down stop and the other didn't?

Wilson16
December 16th, 2012, 04:43 PM

IF IF IF

citdog
December 16th, 2012, 05:18 PM

that's not where you lost the game. you lost the game by throwing to the end zone from the 35 yd line on first down in the 4th. run the damn ball like you're supposed to right there and ndsu perhaps doesn't see it again.

semobison
December 16th, 2012, 05:30 PM
that's not where you lost the game. you lost the game by throwing to the end zone from the 35 yd line on first down in the 4th. run the damn ball like you're supposed to right there and ndsu perhaps doesn't see it again.

This^^^^^ When they threw on that play I looked at my buddy sitting next to me, neither of us could understand why they would throw. They were getting 5 a pop at least on the ground at the time, but hey we'll take it!

68ndsuBISONfan
December 16th, 2012, 05:37 PM
SOCON>

You guys have established yourselves amonst the best don't get me wrong but you still play in the MVC. Your defensive stats your so proud of would take a sharp dip if you played a real FBS opponent and in a tougher conference

Still feel the same way about that buddy? 35-7 35-14 and 23-20. enough said

68ndsuBISONfan
December 16th, 2012, 05:46 PM

Their team coming out was fine? Really. come on. Really?

citdog
December 16th, 2012, 05:54 PM

REALLY

Bisonoline
December 16th, 2012, 05:56 PM

What was the matter with that? No big deal.

Twentysix
December 16th, 2012, 06:10 PM

I really don't see a team coming out to see thunderstruck as an issue.

BisonCM
December 16th, 2012, 06:25 PM
I really don't see a team coming out to see thunderstruck as an issue.

This ^^^^. There is no rule that says when a team can and can not come out onto the field and there is no rule on bands playing before the game starts. No problem with it on my end, actually, quite the opposite. I thought it was a great move on GSU's part, essentially showing we've been here before don't care about your home field advantage and will come out and run it down your throats and take the crowd out.

Biggest play of the game: NDSU recovering the lone fumble by the Eagles. Blame it on the offense, credit the defense, doesn't matter, the ball was put on the ground and NDSU recovered it. The way they had been driving to that point and NDSU scoring on the drive was a HUGE swing.

My xtwocentsx on the issues being discussed after the game.

blueballs
December 16th, 2012, 06:31 PM

Dude, you're a dumbass and a asshole to boot.

Playoff games are run by the NCAA at a host institution's venue under NCAA rules. Regardless of when GSU's team came out they came out when the NCAA said they could come out. So if you have an issue with it take it up with the NCAA, or better yet educate yourself on how the playoffs are administered by the NCAA.

Eaglesrus
December 16th, 2012, 06:36 PM

I agree, said that elsewhere. My point here is that there were several things that could have changed the game, just like most games. We didn't execute in those situations, or NDSU did, in either case, we lost. I, for one, am over it.

gsu_paintballer
December 16th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Biggest play of the game: NDSU recovering the lone fumble by the Eagles. Blame it on the offense, credit the defense, doesn't matter, the ball was put on the ground and NDSU recovered it. The way they had been driving to that point and NDSU scoring on the drive was a HUGE swing.

Most definitely have to credit the defense there. It was ripped out, he didn't just drop it.

Southern Bison
December 16th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Still feel the same way about that buddy? 35-7 35-14 and 23-20. enough said

A whopping 36 posts...of which 30 have nothing to do with football or the execution on the field. Sit back for a while and see what happens when respect is part of your comment(s). If you can't do that, stay on the smack talk page.

http://twogirlsonebrain.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/uncle20same20douchebag.jpg

TheRevSFA
December 16th, 2012, 08:17 PM

Once again..boo ****ing hoo. It was a playoff game.

Should Georgia Southern have ran out to silence? If you're mad, blame the NCAA.

This is a pretty petty thing to be upset about after a win.

Man up

FargoBison
December 16th, 2012, 08:58 PM
A team can come out whenever they want...it is their decision. If they want to come out when the Dome is in a state of chaos than by all means be my guest.

I also don't care if their band played over thunderstruck but if they would have played over our school song then I would have an issue with it.

seantaylor
December 17th, 2012, 12:57 AM

I agree with Rothstein for once.

Blue Eagle
December 17th, 2012, 04:26 AM
I will play "beat this dead horse" again...

But first, whatever play one wants to say won or lost the game and regardless of the stats NDSU made the play they needed to or Ga Southern didn't...

Either way NDSU won the game...

But saying punting didn't have a significant effect on the game is not analyzing the game very well IMHO!!

And if anyone thinks the place kicking didn't have a significant effect on the game well there is nothing I can or want to say to you...

If the place kicking and punting had been reversed or just been even with everything else remaining the same who do you think wins this game??

NDSU outplayed Ga Southern in the kicking game...

They did what they needed to do to win the game and I congratulate them!!

That's it for me I'm done analyzing this game.......

GATA
December 17th, 2012, 06:15 AM
I will play "beat this dead horse" again...

But first, whatever play one wants to say won or lost the game and regardless of the stats NDSU made the play they needed to or Ga Southern didn't...

Either way NDSU won the game...

But saying punting didn't have a significant effect on the game is not analyzing the game very well IMHO!!

And if anyone thinks the place kicking didn't have a significant effect on the game well there is nothing I can or want to say to you...

If the place kicking and punting had been reversed or just been even with everything else remaining the same who do you think wins this game??

NDSU outplayed Ga Southern in the kicking game...

They did what they needed to do to win the game and I congratulate them!!

That's it for me I'm done analyzing this game.......

This is REALLY simple to me. GSU lost MAINLY due to 2 critical plays. The fumble by Mckinnon and our failure to stop the QB draw on 4th down which gave them the winning TD...make EITHER play and I think GSU gets out of there with a win. The fumble hurt WAY more than most realize...we were moving the ball with a chance to go up two scores.

eaglewraith
December 17th, 2012, 06:40 AM

After thinking about it some more, this was the drive that decided the game. I don't disagree with the decision to throw. The best time to throw a pass in our offense is when you're moving the ball at 4-5 yards a pop. I would like for us to have thrown that after a 5 yard gain on 1st down though.

The fumble to start the 3rd quarter did hurt and was potentially the swing in the game, but we responded to it well and scored to go back up. Forcing NDSU to punt on their next series was huge and we started rolling downfield again. Scoring there would have put the game away. Instead, we had a combination of poor execution on our part and great defense by NDSU.

straightshooter
December 17th, 2012, 08:04 AM
To be honest guys, there were a number of little things that made a difference. On their winning TD drive, the two PF penalties really hurt. One for 15 yards and the other half the distance for a total of 27 yards that they didn't have to earn really made a difference. And once they scored, another one that took away a chance for a runback hurt as well. Did those things cost GSU the game? Of course not, but they certainly made life a bit easier on NDSU.

Bison56
December 17th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Just to throw my 2 cents in if the Bison didnt get the flag on the punt by GSU they wouldnt have scored and the Bison get the ball in great field position and possibly score. It could have been a totally different game. Both teams made dumb mistakes.

deez_na
December 17th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Does anyone realize that crap roughing the punter was one of the biggest plays in the game? THey don't blow the whistle when he steps on the bison player on the ground and NDSU is likely going up 23-13.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Does anyone realize that crap roughing the punter was one of the biggest plays in the game? THey don't blow the whistle when he steps on the bison player on the ground and NDSU is likely going up 23-13.

I will say that it may have been "iffy" but it was a great play by the punter to draw contact with the rusher. Not uncommon but a heady play. There is always a tendency to work a little harder on a block when it's in the end zone but you have to be smart and work for field position.

It was legit, and a good play.

deez_na
December 17th, 2012, 09:09 AM
I will say that it may have been "iffy" but it was a great play by the punter to draw contact with the rusher. Not uncommon but a heady play. There is always a tendency to work a little harder on a block when it's in the end zone but you have to be smart and work for field position.

It was legit, and a good play.

Well you need to use a little judgement too when making calls like that, no different then somebody shoving the QB after the play and letting it go. You see a player flop from that you can't just throw a flag. After all what does Roughing really mean anyway?

GABison
December 17th, 2012, 09:18 AM
I thought it was not smart to go after the punter in this situation. Let him punt and get the ball on their 40.

However, after I looked at the replay, the NDSU player was not blocked/touched at all. What was he supposed to do, pull up half way to the punter after not getting touched? I am guessing he thought he would have no problem getting a piece of the ball.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2012, 09:24 AM
I thought it was not smart to go after the punter in this situation. Let him punt and get the ball on their 40.

However, after I looked at the replay, the NDSU player was not blocked/touched at all. What was he supposed to do, pull up half way to the punter after not getting touched? I am guessing he thought he would have no problem getting a piece of the ball.

Andre Ware said it best "come in at less of an angle". Well I'm not sure how easy that was but he gave the punter a chance to draw the foul. Like I said it's a bit like basketball in that case.

eaglewraith
December 17th, 2012, 09:30 AM
In any case, now that my nerves have recovered, it was a hell of a game.

It's what the game last year should have been.

I'm seriously gonna say ButtBison next year because of our performance this year :D

gotts
December 17th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Well you need to use a little judgement too when making calls like that, no different then somebody shoving the QB after the play and letting it go. You see a player flop from that you can't just throw a flag. After all what does Roughing really mean anyway?

It is a judgement call and is set up for the official to error on the side of roughing the punter if there is any question. The official applied the rule correctly and unfortunately, it happened to go against NDSU. Didn't cost them the game, though.

deez_na
December 17th, 2012, 11:01 AM
It is a judgement call and is set up for the official to error on the side of roughing the punter if there is any question. The official applied the rule correctly and unfortunately, it happened to go against NDSU. Didn't cost them the game, though.

Luckily it didn't. I know it's a judgement call but did he really "rough" the kicker. He didn't hit him or anything at all, that's my point. They need to make that call if you run into the kicker not slide on the ground and the kicker brings his leg down into you after he's already punted the ball. Just a stupid call imo.

gotts
December 17th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Luckily it didn't. I know it's a judgement call but did he really "rough" the kicker. He didn't hit him or anything at all, that's my point. They need to make that call if you run into the kicker not slide on the ground and the kicker brings his leg down into you after he's already punted the ball. Just a stupid call imo.

We know he didn't hit him, but the rules is in place for other situations other than "hitting the kicker." The punter is most vulnerable when on one leg and is given extra protection during this movement, until the time he comes back down on the ground. If you don't let him land clean, it's going to be roughing 99 times out of 100.

Professor Chaos
December 17th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Pretty much anytime you touch the plant leg of the punter withouth touching the ball and the punter falls down (which they always seem to do for some reasion :)) it's roughing. That might be an oxymoron but it was a good acting job by the punter and it was the correct call.

deez_na
December 17th, 2012, 11:10 AM
We know he didn't hit him, but the rules is in place for other situations other than "hitting the kicker." The punter is most vulnerable when on one leg and is given extra protection during this movement, until the time he comes back down on the ground. If you don't let him land clean, it's going to be roughing 99 times out of 100.

Yeah true, just needs to be a little less 2 hand touch rules when playing big boy football to me. When he flails and flops to the ground on a brush it shouldn't be bought so easily. Same thing with basketball when people act to get a foul.

Blue Eagle
December 17th, 2012, 12:07 PM
OK, I lied when I said I was done...

The point I'm trying to make and obviously not making very well is if Ga Southern's punting and place kicking had been as good as NDSU's the plays we are talking about would not have mattered IMHO...

To the Bison's credit they had a great punter and a place kicker who could actually make a field goal...

Take away their field goal and count the Eagles' field goal Ga Southern wins 23 to 20...

Not to mention the advantage Ga Southern would have had in field position if their punter averaged 55 yds a punt and the Bison's punter averaged 35...

To the NDSU fans you have an outstanding "complete" team: OUTSTANDING DEFENSE, OUTSTANDING SPECIAL TEAMS & OUTSTANDING OFFENSE...

Can anyone say Ga Southern has a "complete" team? OUTSTANDING OFFENSE, OUTSTANDING DEFENSE (when in the right scheme) & POOR (being kind) SPECIAL TEAMS...

If Ga Southern had won because of their special teams I would be ecstatic!!!!

Maybe "CommishBigSmooth" and I saw a differnt game...

Anyway, everyone to their own opinion if we all agreed what fun would that be...

MarkyMark
December 17th, 2012, 12:33 PM
OK, I lied when I said I was done...

The point I'm trying to make and obviously not making very well is if Ga Southern's punting and place kicking had been as good as NDSU's the plays we are talking about would not have mattered IMHO...

To the Bison's credit they had a great punter and a place kicker who could actually make a field goal...

Take away their field goal and count the Eagles' field goal Ga Southern wins 23 to 20...

Not to mention the advantage Ga Southern would have had in field position if their punter averaged 55 yds a punt and the Bison's punter averaged 35...

To the NDSU fans you have an outstanding "complete" team: OUTSTANDING DEFENSE, OUTSTANDING SPECIAL TEAMS & OUTSTANDING OFFENSE...

Can anyone say Ga Southern has a "complete" team? OUTSTANDING OFFENSE, OUTSTANDING DEFENSE (when in the right scheme) & POOR (being kind) SPECIAL TEAMS...

If Ga Southern had won because of their special teams I would be ecstatic!!!!

Maybe "CommishBigSmooth" and I saw a differnt game...

Anyway, everyone to their own opinion if we all agreed what fun would that be...

Punting and Penalties were the difference IMO.

bullitt_60
December 17th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Good game Bison. I am disappointed in how we lost the game, but NDSU has a well coached team and took advantage of mistakes. Good luck in the championship.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Gil Dobie
February 20th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Good game Bison. I am disappointed in how we lost the game, but NDSU has a well coached team and took advantage of mistakes. Good luck in the championship.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

As much crap as the NDSU and GSU fanbase gets for having wackjobs, the classy fans on both sides far out-number the crazies.

IBleedYellow
February 20th, 2013, 12:35 PM
I still remember walking into a PACKED Buffalo Wild Wings North and hearing this amazing "Georgia!!!" then in the bar a table would yell "Southern!!!"

I also liked the free beer a GSU fan bought for me. Much appriciated.

cbarrier90
February 20th, 2013, 12:37 PM
The thread that will not (and should not) die...

NoDak 4 Ever
February 20th, 2013, 12:44 PM
The thread that will not (and should not) die...

We have MSU to hate now so might as well come together.

IBleedYellow
February 20th, 2013, 12:51 PM
We have MSU to hate now so might as well come together.

I personally never had any issues with Georgian Southern. They were able to see why you don't back out of a contract for the past 2 years, though. ;)

NoDak 4 Ever
February 20th, 2013, 12:53 PM
I personally never had any issues with Georgian Southern. They were able to see why you don't back out of a contract for the past 2 years, though. ;)

It comes as no surprise that I tend to have issues with everybody. xlolx

pike51
February 20th, 2013, 01:04 PM

WTF is a Georgian Southern

gataeagles06
February 20th, 2013, 01:17 PM
I still remember walking into a PACKED Buffalo Wild Wings North and hearing this amazing "Georgia!!!" then in the bar a table would yell "Southern!!!"

I also liked the free beer a GSU fan bought for me. Much appriciated.

That very well could have been me or one of the guys with me. We got a little toasty before the game started and struck up conversation with several of y'alls fans at BWW. I think I bought 5 or 6 beers for folks and several of the shots from the shot girl walking around. I had a blast up there (other than the outcome of course). I was shocked as to how nice everyone was, and that includes your students. A friend of mine and I are thinking about coming back up there next year just to go to a game. I really hope we get one more shot at you guys next year! Hopefully next time it will be in Statesboro.

marenlee
February 20th, 2013, 01:19 PM
That very well could have been me or one of the guys with me. We got a little toasty before the game started and struck up conversation with several of y'alls fans at BWW. I think I bought 5 or 6 beers for folks and several of the shots from the shot girl walking around. I had a blast up there (other than the outcome of course). I was shocked as to how nice everyone was, and that includes your students. A friend of mine and I are thinking about coming back up there next year just to go to a game. I really hope we get one more shot at you guys next year! Hopefully next time it will be in Statesboro.

Why not Frisco? But either way, I'll be there. Statesboro is kinda in my neck of the woods :)

IBleedYellow
February 20th, 2013, 01:32 PM

Did you or one of your group talk to me about your Eagle (the real one), if so that was me.

Southern Bison
February 20th, 2013, 10:34 PM
Why not Frisco? But either way, I'll be there. Statesboro is kinda in my neck of the woods :)

Ditto...I'd love another trip to Statesboro. I wonder if that cute little grad student waitress from the post-game bar is still around.

gataeagles06
February 21st, 2013, 07:04 AM
Did you or one of your group talk to me about your Eagle (the real one), if so that was me.

Sure did! Well, I'm sure several of us did. But I had a lengthy conversation with a couple people about Freedom (our Eagle). Hope to see you again next year! As SouthernBison pointed out, I'd be fine if it was in Frisco!

IBleedYellow
February 21st, 2013, 03:00 PM
Sure did! Well, I'm sure several of us did. But I had a lengthy conversation with a couple people about Freedom (our Eagle). Hope to see you again next year! As SouthernBison pointed out, I'd be fine if it was in Frisco!

Yeah, good times were had at that place. Frisco awaits.