PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Southern @ North Dakota State

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

Drblankstare
December 13th, 2012, 08:34 PM
It's been fun boys and girls and it nice to see the thread make it to 100. Not as good as the last one, but sequels rarely are.

Good luck to both teams and I hope everyone has some good food and good drink while they enjoy the festivities.

Cheers and good luck xhandshakex

eaglewithabus
December 13th, 2012, 08:45 PM
At the bww by the dome. Where y'all at?

woffordgrad94
December 13th, 2012, 08:49 PM
2 Questions:

1) What is the REAL reason GSU backed out of going to NDSU- I'm curious.

2) What is "Wang Chung-ing?" It sound like it could be masturbating, but I don't know for sure.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 13th, 2012, 09:03 PM
FCS Playoffs Game Central: Georgia Southern at North Dakota State

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/ncaa-division-i-sports/fcs-football/674-fcs-playoffs-game-central-georgia-southern-at-north-dakota-state-2

Eaglesrus
December 13th, 2012, 09:25 PM
2 Questions:

1) What is the REAL reason GSU backed out of going to NDSU- I'm curious.

2) What is "Wang Chung-ing?" It sound like it could be masturbating, but I don't know for sure.

Our original 2011 schedule had us playing Coastal Carolina at home on on September 10, at NDSU on September 17 and we had an open date on October 22. The opportunity arose for us to play a home game against Presbyterian on October 22, so we changed our open date to September 17. I mentioned Coastal Carolina because at a much later date Coastal Carolina pulled out of their game with us and we ended up replacing them with Tusculum, who NDSU fans (or at least some NDSU fans) like to say that we chose to play because we were scared of NDSU.

I'll let someone else answer the wang-chung question.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 13th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Our original 2011 schedule had us playing Coastal Carolina at home on on September 10, at NDSU on September 17 and we had an open date on October 22. The opportunity arose for us to play a home game against Presbyterian on October 22, so we changed our open date to September 17. I mentioned Coastal Carolina because at a much later date Coastal Carolina pulled out of their game with us and we ended up replacing them with Tusculum, who NDSU fans (or at least some NDSU fans) like to say that we chose to play because we were scared of NDSU.

I'll let someone else answer the wang-chung question.

What's the difference?

Eaglesrus
December 13th, 2012, 09:36 PM
What's the difference?

Presbyterian is, and was, FCS. Tusculum is not, so Presbyterian wouldn't hurt us play-off consideration-wise. Now, why travel thousands of miles to play an FCS team when you could stay home and play an FCS team?

woffordgrad94
December 13th, 2012, 09:51 PM
From what I've read, I think GSU should've told PC they had no openings and honored the NDSU contract. Sorry GSU fans, but from where I'm sitting GSU was going for the sure D-1 win by replacing a game at Fargo with a home game against PC. They didn't want the risk of being out of the playoffs because they couldn't get a win at NDSU. Having to schedule the Tusculum game was just an unfortunate circumstance of CCU drooping GSU- or was it? Perhaps it was karma, or that whole what goes around comes around thing.

Eagle11
December 13th, 2012, 10:00 PM
From what I've read, I think GSU should've told PC they had no openings and honored the NDSU contract. Sorry GSU fans, but from where I'm sitting GSU was going for the sure D-1 win by replacing a game at Fargo with a home game against PC. They didn't want the risk of being out of the playoffs because they couldn't get a win at NDSU. Having to schedule the Tusculum game was just an unfortunate circumstance of CCU drooping GSU- or was it? Perhaps it was karma, or that whole what goes around comes around thing.

What's your point? It's called strategy and a lot of teams do it. Just like scheduling a cupcake for homecoming. Didn't Wofford play a D-2 school this year? I doubt they played it for the athletic competition. It was an easy win to pad the stats or to fill a void in the schedule.

woffordgrad94
December 13th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Wofford played an NAIA team. And I personally consider that totally unacceptable, not to mention stupid, as that win doesn't help you get a playoff bid and hurts you for seeding purposes. Some "strategy", if that's what it was supposed to be. Unfortunately, I don't have a vote in the matter though.

But back to GSU. By saying it was strategy, you admitted that GSU did it because they knew they were much more likely to beat PC than NDSU. So yes, in a way GSU was scared of NDSU.

Baldy
December 13th, 2012, 10:06 PM
What's the difference?
5 home games vs. 6.

That is a HUGE difference.

woffordgrad94
December 13th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Baldy, I think that he was asking what the difference is between PC and Tusculum.

Southern Bison
December 13th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Here is the original music video for Wang Chung Tonight. Anyone on AGS willing to admit that they're at least 35 will remember this song.

http://youtu.be/BoXu6QmxpJE

Eagle11
December 13th, 2012, 10:51 PM
Wofford played an NAIA team. And I personally consider that totally unacceptable, not to mention stupid, as that win doesn't help you get a playoff bid and hurts you for seeding purposes. Some "strategy", if that's what it was supposed to be. Unfortunately, I don't have a vote in the matter though.

But back to GSU. By saying it was strategy, you admitted that GSU did it because they knew they were much more likely to beat PC than NDSU. So yes, in a way GSU was scared of NDSU.

My posts on a message board in no way represent the reasoning of GSU administrators. I honestly have no idea why the game was canceled. I just don't think it was a bad move on the part of the school, regardless of the motive. If presented with the choice of flying across country, spending absurd amounts of money to potentially lose or staying at home for a guaranteed victory, what's the logical decision? I feel like I remember reading that you're a lawyer? So obviously understand in the idea of a cost/benefit analysis. Same reason Wofford schedule the NAIA school instead of Sam Houston or Eastern Washington.

woffordgrad94
December 13th, 2012, 10:52 PM
I remember Wang Chung. They also had "Dance Hall Days" and "Let's Go!"

Southern Bison
December 13th, 2012, 10:56 PM
I remember Wang Chung. They also had "Dance Hall Days" and "Let's Go!"

The good ol' days when you could hear the lyrics instead of some ridiculous bass beat that simply rattles the car.

keller625
December 13th, 2012, 10:58 PM
anyone else excited that for the second week Georgia Southern will be on espn, showing fcs is the real deal? last week the game was a good offensive show, this week we will show America a good defensive game. i like getting to tell people"oh, you should watch the game tomorrow night, its going to be a good one", and not have to say, its being streamed on espn3 or a teams site

FargoBison
December 13th, 2012, 11:33 PM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/67799_10100107133460819_2104761720_n.jpg

keller625
December 14th, 2012, 12:18 AM
Fargo bison- i hope to see this on tv in the form of a large sign tomorrow. clever/funny

seantaylor
December 14th, 2012, 12:29 AM
Sammy Baker.

Southern Swarm
December 14th, 2012, 01:38 AM
Cya tomorrow (or I guess that would be later today wouldn't it?)

Go Eagles :D Soaring for Seventh!!!

Twentysix
December 14th, 2012, 01:44 AM
Fargo bison- i hope to see this on tv in the form of a large sign tomorrow. clever/funny

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/481749_570880222927306_1225663894_n.jpg

keller625
December 14th, 2012, 02:04 AM
Eagles Soar pass Ndsu 2day

Twentysix
December 14th, 2012, 02:20 AM
Eagles Soar pass Ndsu 2day

The Eagles will be going deaf today.xcoachx

Darlinikki150
December 14th, 2012, 02:53 AM
[QUOTE=Apphole;1916507]I'm sure you folks gather around an ice fishing hole and eat lutefisk, but that ain't tailgating. Hopefully NDSU and App meet next year so we can show you boys how it's done.[/QU

Are you generally this ignorant or are you just salty your team is sitting on its *** watching football instead of playing?

Blue Eagle
December 14th, 2012, 05:17 AM
Have changed my mind several times about who is going to win.

My heart tells me the Eagles will.

My brain says not so fast. With NDSU having a great home field advantage and their defense playing extremely well I know NDSU will be very difficult to beat.

Only having watched NDSU's defense against Wofford I believe Ga Southern will move the ball against them, but against Wofford NDSU's defense played really well inside their twenty.

With the problems the Eagles have making field goals that certainly puts even more pressure on their offense to score touchdowns.

A key to the game could be if the Eagles can score a touchdown the first time they get inside NDSU's twenty. If they do that may give them the confidence they can win and put some doubt in the NDSU's defense about stopping them.

I am going with my heart because I believe Ga Southern's defense will be the difference.

GsephBison
December 14th, 2012, 05:24 AM
Game day! the excitement is palpable! I expect a great game, and hope GSU will cheer us on in Frisco.

steelr7
December 14th, 2012, 06:27 AM
Game Day!!!!!!

I think the Bison win 24-20 in a great game.

The defense holds strong when needed & Brock does just enough against an improved Ga Southern defense.

This one should be a slug-fest & i am excited!!

Go Bison!

gsu2583
December 14th, 2012, 06:56 AM
The Eagles will be going deaf today.xcoachx

At 34 I already wear a hearing aid. I could just turn you off...

MarkyMark
December 14th, 2012, 06:59 AM
Bison Defensive Line will dominate small GSU Oline. NDSU 24 - GSU 13

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 14th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Bison win 31-13

Eaglesrus
December 14th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Eagles 20 - 17. We don't miss many extra points, its bound to happen.

Blue Eagle
December 14th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Having followed the Eagles since 1984 I have witnessed a lot of great playoff games, and if they get an invite to the Sunbelt I will miss playoff games like this one.

Even though I think the time is right and support Ga Southern taking the next step this game reminds me why I love the I-AA/FCS Playoffs.

Maybe only the fans of the schools and the FCS care about these games but that doesn't change the fact about how exciting and how much fun they are.

I don't think I could have enjoyed the National Championship games more that Ga Southern won if they had been I-A/FBS.

I would have enjoyed the national recognition more, of course, but not the games.

bullitt_60
December 14th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Ok asshole. Some of us in this country cant get ESPN3 so take your smartass comments elsewhere.

Since it turns out that your an asshat that can't take a joke, maybe you should go elsewhere. I'll leave my smartass comments right here where they belong.

TheRevSFA
December 14th, 2012, 08:07 AM
I'm giving the edge to the Bison...I think 28-19. There's going to be some GSU special team errors.

Chuck Norris
December 14th, 2012, 08:20 AM
GEORGIA SOUTHERN 28 NDSU 21

The Eagles will come out ready to go. Late in the second quarter and in the 3rd things may slow down. Before picking back up in the 4th.
Go Eagles!!!

bullitt_60
December 14th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Eagles 59
Bison 3

We miss 5 extra points.

deez_na
December 14th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Eagles 59
Bison 3

We miss 5 extra points.

lol, love the score prediction. Now seriously what do you really think it will be?

bisonboone11
December 14th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Eagles 59
Bison 3

We miss 5 extra points.
Then how do you get to 59?

Bison56
December 14th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Here is the original music video for Wang Chung Tonight. Anyone on AGS willing to admit that they're at least 35 will remember this song.

http://youtu.be/BoXu6QmxpJE

Guilty.

Bison56
December 14th, 2012, 08:45 AM
24-2 Bison! I would have said 3 but GSU cannot kick field goals and I dont think it will be a shutout so I had to give them something.

Apphole
December 14th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Stink wins 28-23

Canada goes into mourning.

deez_na
December 14th, 2012, 09:31 AM

Georgia Southern Math for you

gasou4389
December 14th, 2012, 09:41 AM

9 TDs
5 Missed XPs
3 Made XPs
1 2 point conversion

Next?

bullitt_60
December 14th, 2012, 09:44 AM
lol, love the score prediction. Now seriously what do you really think it will be?

I don't know, it will be close. Within a TD (I'd say a field goal, but we all know that won't happen) However, if I were setting the line on the game, I'd give the Bison by 3.

Oh ****. I play a moron on the internet, but I'm actually an engineer in real life. How scary is that?

Sylvergunsuperman
December 14th, 2012, 09:52 AM
What an awesome and exciting day for fans of these two teams. Good luck to both sides. I'm looking forward to watching this game when I get home delivering Christmas presents to the fine folks of Spokane. I'll be driving around in my big brown truck with my Go Eagles sign in the window. Semifinals!! Have fun. Remember it's only a game don't kick your dog if you end up on the wrong side. Again....good luck and have FUN! xnodx

Twentysix
December 14th, 2012, 09:57 AM
24-2 Bison! I would have said 3 but GSU cannot kick field goals and I dont think it will be a shutout so I had to give them something.

They could get one by causing a saftey during 2pt conversion attempt ;)

GATA_GSU
December 14th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Alright GSU fans i have not been able to find any highlights of your games. So I was wondering if you could give some info on who your impact players are on defense. I already know about Russel of course. thanks

John Stevenson, senior LB is GSU's leading tackler and has been made a number of big plays this year.

Eaglesrus
December 14th, 2012, 10:02 AM
What an awesome and exciting day for fans of these two teams. Good luck to both sides. I'm looking forward to watching this game when I get home delivering Christmas presents to the fine folks of Spokane. I'll be driving around in my big brown truck with my Go Eagles sign in the window. Semifinals!! Have fun. Remember it's only a game don't kick your dog if you end up on the wrong side. Again....good luck and have FUN! xnodx

Thank you very much for the support!

Bison56
December 14th, 2012, 10:05 AM
John Stevenson, senior LB is GSU's leading tackler and has been made a number of big plays this year.

Who?xcoffeex

GATA_GSU
December 14th, 2012, 10:12 AM

3 TD's (converting the PATs)
5 TD's (missing the PATs)
2 FG's
Safety

That would give you 59 points.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 14th, 2012, 10:15 AM
2 FG's
Safety

There's about as much chance of that as Zombie Erk Russell taking over as coach.

GATA_GSU
December 14th, 2012, 10:19 AM
There's about as much chance of that as Zombie Erk Russell taking over as coach.

I wasn't suggesting that scoring 59 is possible or likely. I was just explaining one way a team could reach 59 points.

bullitt_60
December 14th, 2012, 10:25 AM
9 TDs
5 Missed XPs
3 Made XPs
1 2 point conversion

Next?

2 FG's
Safety

Thanks for the support guys! Still waking up after a long week. xcoffeex

The end is near. Zombie Erk would destroy the Bison by himself. Of course he would still be hungry afterwards having not found any brains. womp womp.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 14th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Thanks for the support guys! Still waking up after a long week. xcoffeex

The end is near. Zombie Erk would destroy the Bison by himself. Of course he would still be hungry afterwards having not found any brains. womp womp.

now THAT is a worthy comeback that is sorely missing on this board

Sam_Kats
December 14th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Good luck to both teams tonight!

deez_na
December 14th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Good luck to both teams tonight!

Thank you, good luck to you guys tomorrow.

Bison56
December 14th, 2012, 10:38 AM
I havent seen anything but are we color coding every other section tonight?

SpeedkingATL
December 14th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Good luck to both teams tonight. Here's hoping GaSo packed some stickum so they can hold on to the ball. Should be one great atmosphere in the Bison House.

The Eagle's Cliff
December 14th, 2012, 10:54 AM
I get kick out of the fact that THE EVENT in a city of over 200,000 people is an FCS football game in an 18,000 seat indoor arena. The intensity of Bisons fans is cute, but for a major state university it's also laughable.

westdakotabison
December 14th, 2012, 10:56 AM
I havent seen anything but are we color coding every other section tonight?

Gold rush

gsu2583
December 14th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Piss rush

FIFY

Bison56
December 14th, 2012, 10:59 AM
I get kick out of the fact that THE EVENT in a city of over 200,000 people is an FCS football game in an 18,000 seat indoor arena. The intensity of Bisons fans is cute, but for a major state university it's also laughable.

Someone is looking for a little attention.

deez_na
December 14th, 2012, 11:09 AM

Are you jealous of the Bison and their fans?

Gil Dobie
December 14th, 2012, 11:16 AM

It's the major event of the state also, except for those out west making millions for the state treasury on the oil fields.

Bisonoline
December 14th, 2012, 11:30 AM

Its because its something that you dont understand and will never have. Fans, atmosphere, tradition etc. NDSU has been successful for many years. You guys---not so much.

MarkyMark
December 14th, 2012, 11:34 AM

Oh since GSU will likely be going FBS this devotion to an FCS team is too beneath you now?

BisonCM
December 14th, 2012, 11:37 AM

I think you accomplished your goal of getting this fired up again! Well done.

Gil Dobie
December 14th, 2012, 11:40 AM
KISS OF DEATH

Sorry blueballs, Cap'n gave his kiss of death pick, no way GSU can win now.

Cap'n Cat wrote:
Eagles 39
Prairie Poopers 13

Thunderstruck
December 14th, 2012, 11:47 AM

Just over 107,000.....but close

Apphole
December 14th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Its because its something that you dont understand and will never have. Fans, atmosphere, tradition etc. NDSU has been successful for many years. You guys---not so much.

Says the guy whose likely never been to Paulson or the state of Georgia.

You don't know religious fanship until you walk into a football stadium below the Mason Dixon line.

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge"
-Charles Darwin

BisonFan02
December 14th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Just over 107,000.....but close

I'm assuming he meant the FM area and not just Fargo.

Bison56
December 14th, 2012, 11:55 AM
"Police seek two men in armed stickup at Fargo check-cashing store"

Looks like the GSU fans are here.

Gil Dobie
December 14th, 2012, 11:56 AM

You don't know religious fanship until you walk into a football stadium below the Mason Dixon line.

-Charles Darwin

I've been to football in the south, but Lambeau Field is the best.

blueballs
December 14th, 2012, 11:57 AM
KISS OF DEATH

Sorry blueballs, Cap'n gave his kiss of death pick, no way GSU can win now.

I just gave myself a concussion with a massive facepalm...

Apphole
I've been to football in the south, but Lambeau Field is the best.

LSU, VT and Tennessee ect make any NFL stadium seem like a chess match.

MarkyMark

-Charles Darwin

I find his comment odd since I think of GSU having a devoted fan base as well. Maybe the GSU fanbase were only devoted back in their championship days.

Gil Dobie
December 14th, 2012, 11:59 AM
LSU, VT and Tennessee ect make any NFL stadium seem like a chess match.

Have you been to Lambeau?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 14th, 2012, 12:00 PM
I find his comment odd since I think of GSU having a devoted fan base as well. Maybe the GSU fanbase were only devoted back in their championship days.

Seeing as that devoted religious fanship brought 9k to their last home game?

Gil Dobie
December 14th, 2012, 12:01 PM

That's better than EWU!

BisonFan02
December 14th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Turf at lunchtime! Turf at lunchtime!

Southern Bison
December 14th, 2012, 12:04 PM

-Charles Darwin

I've been to Paulson and us Bison outlasted most of their fans. As far as Yosef's outhouse goes, App fans don't know cold. They go skiing in 25 degree weather and the slopes are empty if the windchill is below 10. Try standing to get into the stadium/dome for hours in below-zero weather. ASU doesn't know **** about winter

BTW, you display your Darwin quote well.

http://youtu.be/85V1Xewv20k

NoDak 4 Ever
December 14th, 2012, 12:10 PM
That's better than EWU!

That kind of fan devotion gives me chills

Bisonoline
December 14th, 2012, 12:18 PM

-Charles Darwin

Was at the Orange Bowl 3 years ago. Iowa vs Ga Tech. Ga Tech fans were basically a no show. Then as Iowa seal clubbed Ga Tech their fans looked like rats fleeing the Titanic they were leaving the stadium so fast. yep===GReeeeaaaaaat fans.

GATA_GSU
December 14th, 2012, 12:24 PM
What kind of turf is in the Fargodome now? Did I read on AGS or elsewhere that it was different, or am I just imagining things?

TheRevSFA
December 14th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Was at the Orange Bowl 3 years ago. Iowa vs Ga Tech. Ga Tech fans were basically a no show. Then as Iowa seal clubbed Ga Tech their fans looked like rats fleeing the Titanic they were leaving the stadium so fast. yep===GReeeeaaaaaat fans.

Actually, as much as I hate to say it..the best example of religious fanship are those ****ing nutjobs that Texas A&M

TheRevSFA
December 14th, 2012, 12:27 PM

-Charles Darwin

Ohio State and Notre Dame beg to differ

Gil Dobie
December 14th, 2012, 12:29 PM

As does the state of Nebraska :)

BisonFan02
December 14th, 2012, 12:29 PM
What kind of turf is in the Fargodome now? Did I read on AGS or elsewhere that it was different, or am I just imagining things?

Fieldturf (Gameday 3D)

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/484483_10151121652343646_932354518_n.jpg

Professor Chaos
December 14th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Night and day difference from last year. State of the art fieldturf was installed (and re-installed) in the late summer. Looks 100% better and from what I've heard is 500% better to play on in terms of wear and tear on the bodies of the players.

TheRevSFA
December 14th, 2012, 12:32 PM
The midfield looks a lot better than last year. I thought NDSU had the worst in FCS

underdawg
December 14th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Perhaps the game would be more interesting if the Bison played their 6-5 MVFC brothers Southern (Ill. University Salukis) again instead of Georgia Southern. The hammer comes down tonight-- sorry GS fans--There are several dandy defenses in the Valley and you're seeing the top one.

GATA_GSU
December 14th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Night and day difference from last year. State of the art fieldturf was installed (and re-installed) in the late summer. Looks 100% better and from what I've heard is 500% better to play on in terms of wear and tear on the bodies of the players.

Fieldturf (Gameday 3D)

Thanks guys. I didn't know that it was over the summer, for some reason I was under the impression that you guys only recently got new turf. It does look nice though, from what I remember that carpet-looking stuff wasn't much to look at and looked like a pain (literally) to play on.

eaglewraith
December 14th, 2012, 12:46 PM

Reinstalled?

Was there a problem?

BisonFan02
December 14th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Reinstalled?

Was there a problem?

The original "new" turf made it one game, but the underside had some cracking when they rolled it up...Astroturf corrected and gave us new stuff. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 14th, 2012, 12:57 PM
The original "new" turf made it one game, but the underside had some cracking when they rolled it up...Astroturf corrected and gave us new stuff. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Exactly, it had to too with the "magic carpet" system used to roll/unroll it. NDSU bought it back from Astroturf after they replaced it and put it on a practice field. It happened after the RMU game I think. We're undefeated on that turf!

bullitt_60
December 14th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Actually, as much as I hate to say it..the best example of religious fanship are those ****ing nutjobs that Texas A&M

I believe this is a good time to pull out a buttBama. Those people have nothing else to live for.

bullitt_60
December 14th, 2012, 01:10 PM

Yes, that was disappointing. That being said, I couldn't be there myself so I can't bitch. Playoff games, particularly early rounds have never drawn well at Paulson. Annoyingly I think the SEC championship had a lot to do with it. Lots of competition for attention here but no less devoted.

I did my post-graduate studies at Tech and while I am a big fan, I would not judge southern football on GT. Plus who likes to watch their team get pummeled?

bullitt_60
December 14th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Exactly, it had to too with the "magic carpet" system used to roll/unroll it. NDSU bought it back from Astroturf after they replaced it and put it on a practice field. It happened after the RMU game I think. We're undefeated on that turf!

Do you (or anyone else) happen to know how they deal with the rubber/sand material in the turf? Do they have to reapply every time they unroll it?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 14th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Do you (or anyone else) happen to know how they deal with the rubber/sand material in the turf? Do they have to reapply every time they unroll it?

There is a mesh layer that holds (almost) all of it in during that process is my understanding

From the website "

Produces a natural-looking synthetic surface that’s more durable than 100% polyethylene systems. State-of-the-art tufting more accurately mimics the look and feel of natural grass. A double nylon RootZone® acts as a traction layer, providing fiber support and reducing the compaction associated with other infill products."

there's a picture on the website but it's all java'd up and not a simple jpeg image.

bullitt_60
December 14th, 2012, 01:30 PM
There is a mesh layer that holds (almost) all of it in during that process is my understanding

From the website "

Produces a natural-looking synthetic surface that’s more durable than 100% polyethylene systems. State-of-the-art tufting more accurately mimics the look and feel of natural grass. A double nylon RootZone® acts as a traction layer, providing fiber support and reducing the compaction associated with other infill products."

there's a picture on the website but it's all java'd up and not a simple jpeg image.

Interesting, thanks. Should help us apply the full force of the Southern Speed.

Superman
December 14th, 2012, 01:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL49uN_MfpI This Should Help Some of the Eagle Nation To Get Pumped Up and Ready for This Game!!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 14th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Just about ready to leave the house.....

GO BISON

Bison win 31-13

pike51
December 14th, 2012, 01:55 PM
FTR - The new turf should be a non-factor. ODU has the exact same stuff:

Foreman Field at S.B. Ballard Stadium
Norfolk, VA
AstroTurf® GameDay Grass™ 3D
86,500 sq. ft.
Installed in 2009

Sammy94
December 14th, 2012, 02:06 PM
I'll be watching tonight but it doesn't matter to me who wins as long as Sam plays them next. Good luck to both teams.

caribbeanhen
December 14th, 2012, 02:28 PM
it would get rather interesting in here if Geoso pulls off the upset, although not many of their own fans actually are predicting that outcome

Bisonator
December 14th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Interesting, thanks. Should help us apply the full force of the Southern Speed.

Wasn't the old astro turf supposed to be the faster playing surface? Certainly faster then grass which the new turf is supposed to mimic.

Twentysix
December 14th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Well its about time for me to go jump in line. Its a tropical 32 F here today which is awesome!

Gil Dobie
December 14th, 2012, 03:40 PM
I work until 7pm, have the radio dial set to the game, so I can listen to the first half hour, then get home a watch on the telly.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 14th, 2012, 03:53 PM
It doesn't start till 8 for me! Argh!!!!

darell1976
December 14th, 2012, 04:26 PM
My father in-law got two tickets to the game (I think he has some NDSU connections), he is taking my oldest son. I hope he has fun and I hope the Fargodome stocked up on the roasted almonds. Its his favorite.

gasoutherneagle
December 14th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Not in the press, yet. Sorry no link.

GSU soccer player Drew Ruggles tried out, made the team, and was whisked off to Fargo yesterday. We're gonna have a field goal kicker tonight! GATA!!!xshhhx

darell1976
December 14th, 2012, 04:57 PM

GSU soccer player Drew Riggles tried out, made the team, and was whisked off to Fargo yesterday. We're gonna have a field goal kicker tonight! GATA!!!xshhhx

Was Lucy Draper unavailable?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y178/darell1976/fictional-coeds---Necessary-Roughness-jpg_zpsc76fe071.jpg

bullitt_60
December 14th, 2012, 05:02 PM
Wasn't the old astro turf supposed to be the faster playing surface? Certainly faster then grass which the new turf is supposed to mimic.

I think if you are used to playing on it. While it was a non-factor in last year's game, I do feel like the old stuff was an advantage for the home team.

Gil Dobie
December 14th, 2012, 05:36 PM
No road team has won a semi-final game since 2008, can that be true?

Bison Media Blog (http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/live-blog/)

Gil Dobie
December 14th, 2012, 05:37 PM

GSU soccer player Drew Riggles tried out, made the team, and was whisked off to Fargo yesterday. We're gonna have a field goal kicker tonight! GATA!!!xshhhx

Can you imagine getting that call, WOW.

GSU Eagle
December 14th, 2012, 05:43 PM
We will have to play our best game this year to win this game. In about 75 minutes we will see if we can do that.

Southern Bison
December 14th, 2012, 05:45 PM

GSU soccer player Drew Ruggles tried out, made the team, and was whisked off to Fargo yesterday. We're gonna have a field goal kicker tonight! GATA!!!xshhhx

Does anyone think this game will come down to FGs?

Red & Black
December 14th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Looking forward to this one. I think GSU takes it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Southern Bison
December 14th, 2012, 05:48 PM
To any AGS/FCS fans in the Charlotte, NC area:

NDSU alumni will be at Jock's & Jill's on Tyvola Road for the game tonight. Like many have said on AGS, we're great in person and will be glad to have ya'll.
Address: 4109 South Stream Boulevard, Charlotte, NC 28217

GSU Eagle
December 14th, 2012, 05:49 PM
It speaks volumes about our FG kicking to take a soccer player with us who has not kicked all year for the Eagles. If we can win this game with a suspect kicking game and a secondary who at times look very suspect it will because of our offense.

Gil Dobie
December 14th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Swope isn't warming up yet. Wonder if he's still getting bandaged up.

Gil Dobie
December 14th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Swopes is on the field now.

Bronco
December 14th, 2012, 06:04 PM
I'm very impressed with the play of both teams playing tonight.

I feel like it may be an upset and GSU winning...but I learned a few years ago to not go against NDSU

So I'm just hoping for a great injury free game

Go FCS Football

GSU Eagle
December 14th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Our offense must play their best game of the year for us to win.

Gil Dobie
December 14th, 2012, 06:15 PM
GSU is #24 in total defense, 6 spots below Youngstown St., 23rd against the run.

Gil Dobie
December 14th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Cool, Smith and Gebhart are both playing tonight, hope the injuries are healed, we need receivers.

GSU Eagle
December 14th, 2012, 06:26 PM
The way I see this game is it hinges on our offense vs. the NDSU defense. Our defense is going to give up some yardage and points I think. The only way we win it is to score when we get in the red zone and that is something NDSU has been very good at preventing.

Gil Dobie
December 14th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Bison media blog saying Soccer kicker has some distance.

caribbeanhen
December 14th, 2012, 06:29 PM
I'm very impressed with the play of both teams playing tonight.

I feel like it may be an upset and GSU winning...but I learned a few years ago to not go against NDSU

So I'm just hoping for a great injury free game

Go FCS Football

what time zone are you in? has this game already started?

Gil Dobie
December 14th, 2012, 06:29 PM

GSU Warmup from the Bison Media Blog

steelr7
December 14th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Just got to my seat! Let's do this! Looking forward to an epic contest!

Gil Dobie
December 14th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Grant Olson and the Bison Defense

citdog
December 14th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Come on EAGLES! The WHOLE SOUTH is with you today!

http://www.50states.com/flag/image/nunst014.gif

AppAlum2003
December 14th, 2012, 06:37 PM
OK, not reading through the entire thread... last time I was in a circlejerk this intense, someone lost an eye.

So, I'll ask my question here: game online anywhere? Or just TV?

Gil Dobie
December 14th, 2012, 06:38 PM
OK, not reading through the entire thread... last time I was in a circlejerk this intense, someone lost an eye.

So, I'll ask my question here: game online anywhere? Or just TV?

Media blog here Link (http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/live-blog/)
And I believe it's on ESPN 3

Southern Bison
December 14th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Come on EAGLES! The WHOLE SOUTH is with you today!

http://www.50states.com/flag/image/nunst014.gif

Bite your tongue boy! Not the whole South! GO BISON!!!

gasoutherneagle
December 14th, 2012, 06:48 PM

I prefer this one!

Bisonator
December 14th, 2012, 06:53 PM
GO BISON!!!!!!

Gil Dobie
December 14th, 2012, 06:54 PM
To steal a line from the 1990's

Let's Get Ready to Rumble

bwwilsav
December 14th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Let's go Eagles!!!! GATA!!! One More Time!!! Hail Southern!!!! We are with you in Savannah--the most beautiful city in the USA.

Gil Dobie
December 14th, 2012, 06:55 PM
GSU enters in the dark to watch the Bison entrance.

UNIFanSince1983
December 14th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Media blog here Link (http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/live-blog/)
And I believe it's on ESPN 3

ESPN3 is only if you are able to have WatchESPN.

bwwilsav
December 14th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Parties all over the this old port City pulling hard for our Eagles!

Bisonnation90
December 14th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Having troubles finding the game anyone have a link, I usually watch on my Xbox but watchESPN is blocked!?!?! any suggestions?

Mr. C
December 14th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Will these announcers actually be prepared for this game? Don't hold out much hope for Andre Ware.

Grizo406
December 14th, 2012, 07:03 PM
As much as I like Georgia Southern, I don't think there's anyone left that can beat NDSU.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2012, 07:03 PM
No. 1 offense vs No. 1 defense. Classic matchup.

Horseshoe App
December 14th, 2012, 07:04 PM
It hurts me to say this, but kick NDSU a**. Go Georgia Southern!! Do the Southern Conference proud:)

citdog
Let's go Eagles!!!! GATA!!! One More Time!!! Hail Southern!!!! We are with you in Savannah--the most beautiful city in the USA.

Ah no. you're our little red headed stepchild.

Mr. C
As much as I like Georgia Southern, I don't think there's anyone left that can beat NDSU.

I'm feeling Georgia Southern tonight, my Montana friend. Particularly if Georgia Southern can get an early lead and play keep-away.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2012, 07:05 PM
I wonder how many FCS games Cara Capuano has ever covered from the sidelines, or anywhere else.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Big hit by GSU on the kickoff return.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Jensen couldn't hit the broadside of a barn on his first pass.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 14th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Big hit by GSU on the kickoff return.

The thing about Williams, he doesn't follow the first block all that well. If there's a seam, he's gone but it's not always there.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Ojuri for a short gain, third and 8.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Great coverage on third down by GSU and another really poor pass by Jensen. Not the way to gain confidence. Three and out.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Now we get to see the Georgia Southern offense at the 21. McKinnon for about 3.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Make it 4. GSU audibles. McKinnon dashes on the option left to the NDSU 35.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2012, 07:12 PM
First chance for Swope on the dive. A couple of yards.

Mr. C
McKinnon option left on a weird developing play. 3rd and 6.

Apphole
"Georgia Southern has more speed at the skill positions" -Game Commentator.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2012, 07:13 PM
shotgun formation and McKinnon hits an open Showers for the first down.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2012, 07:14 PM
4 yards to the NDSU 42.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2012, 07:14 PM
McKinnon with that follow play that is so effective just short of a first down.

caribbeanhen
December 14th, 2012, 07:15 PM
youyoute - did google print this guy

Mr. C
Same play and same result as GSU has a first down at the Bison 31

Mr. C
Swope dive to the 27

Mr. C
December 14th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Nice run by McKinnon option right to the 14.

caribbeanhen
December 14th, 2012, 07:16 PM
redzone time

Mr. C
December 14th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Make it 13 and a pitch to the A back Robinson to the 7

Mr. C
December 14th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Follow play inside the five for McKinnon. 3rd and 1.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2012, 07:18 PM
McKinnon reads it wrong and is stopped short. Swope was open on the dive. 4th and 1.

Baldy
December 14th, 2012, 07:18 PM
horrible spot

Mr. C
December 14th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Time out Georgia Southern. Huge early play in this game.

paward
Pencil whipped on that spot

DuckDuckGriz
What year is this?? Looks like a Paul Johnson team out there. Smoooth.

Hi Baldy

Mr. C
horrible spot

The NDSU blog said the same thing.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Worst thing that college football officials do is miss spots.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 14th, 2012, 07:21 PM
TD EAGLES!!!

DuckDuckGriz
What a funky formation. Nice play.

Mr. C
Audible, TD to Eubanks on the pitch. Knew that was coming as soon as McKinnon checked off.

Red & Black
Great call there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T-Dog
December 14th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Why is GSU doing verbal audibles instead of hand signals? Jaybo and others told me last year, no one could hear each other say anything.

ALPHAGRIZ1
Its loud

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Mr. C
Georgia Southern 6, NDSU 0 after a botched PAT. More kicking troubles for the Eagles.

millwoga1
December 14th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Nice drive. Converted on 4th and short inside 10, woffords downfall last week

Mr. C
Why is GSU doing verbal audibles instead of hand signals? Jaybo and others told me last year, no one could hear each other say anything.

Could be worried about the signs being stolen. Worked at least 3 times on that drive.

Ginsbach
Missed XP? Embarassing

Mr. C
December 14th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Right now, the difference is the speed of McKinnon, who is much more of a threat in the option game than Jaybo Shaw was. ODU's coach Bobby Wilder said the same thing last week.

6:23 left in the first period.

mountaineerman
December 14th, 2012, 07:24 PM
This hailed ndsu run defense has now had it ran down there throat wofford now ga so

Mr. C
December 14th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Good coverage again for the Eagles on the kickoff.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Nice lead block (cut) by Robinson on the TD. GSU was excellent with its blocking last week. 1st down for NDSU to the 36.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Not sure the WR was in-bounds on that catch.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Extra protection for Jensen with an H-back giving him three guys in the backfield to block. Not sure 2-man routes will work much.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Ojuri into GSU territory with a nice run following a blocker, Josh Colville to the 41.

sgt smash
December 14th, 2012, 07:28 PM
C shut your pie hole. I have the game on TV.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2012, 07:29 PM
TE Derek Lee down to the 39.

Ginsbach
December 14th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Ojuri into GSU territory with a nice run following a blocker, Josh Colville to the 41.

That was John Crockett, not Ojuri

Mr. C
December 14th, 2012, 07:30 PM
C shut your pie hole. I have the game on TV.

Idiot. Not everyone in the world has access to TV right now. Go away Troll. I blog every game I cover. If you don't like it, leave.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Nice run by Jensen near the goal line.

Mr. C
That was John Crockett, not Ojuri

Trying our best on the fly.

caribbeanhen
qb has all night

Mr. C
Crocket to the one.

DuckDuckGriz
December 14th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Bison fans are fired up.

Git some

Mr. C
December 14th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Good surge by GSU's strong front line. 3rd and goal from the 1.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2012, 07:33 PM
And offsides on GSU.

caribbeanhen
that was a bit to easy

NoDak 4 Ever
Whew, that's a relief. Looked a little scary there for a bit.

Mr. C
TD Bison. Crockett bangs into the end zone. We'll see if NDSU can convert a PAT.

caribbeanhen
December 14th, 2012, 07:34 PM
TD Bison. Crockett bangs into the end zone. We'll see if NDSU can convert a PAT.

nope

NoDak 4 Ever
December 14th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Oh jeez, this is ridiculous

mountaineerman
December 14th, 2012, 07:35 PM

nope

DuckDuckGriz
December 14th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Whew, that's a relief. Looked a little scary there for a bit.

You should probably wait to say that until your defense has stopped them.

Jayjord
December 14th, 2012, 07:37 PM
North Dakota's band is annoying while watching this game.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Georgia Southern 6, NDSU 6, 0:46 left in the first quarter.

GSUEagles#1
December 14th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Who would have thought that it would be scored at 6 with TWO non-PATs

Mr. C
December 14th, 2012, 07:38 PM

It couldn't be worse than the Country-Rock bar band playing right now in Hatfield, PA.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2012, 07:39 PM
McKinnon follow for 4 to the 24.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2012, 07:40 PM
McKinnon late decision to pull the ball away from Swope and is near another FD as the first period ends.

GSUwinsagain
Think McKinnon is a little quicker than Shaw ? Gonna be a great game !

steelr7
Losing my voice.....love it!

Ginsbach
December 14th, 2012, 07:41 PM

What are they doing there? UND didn't even make the playoffs.

SumItUp
December 14th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Thanks Mr. C. I'm in Costa Rica for the winter and I appreciate your play by play and commentary.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2012, 07:42 PM
58 yards for McKinnon in the first period. He could be headed towards being the playoff MVP, if the Eagles can beat NDSU tonight.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Thanks Mr. C. I'm in Costa Rica for the winter and I appreciate your play by play and commentary.

Thanks. I just send Sgt. Smash a message telling him that some people have NO OTHER means of following this game.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2012, 07:44 PM
2nd and 3 for GSU from the 42 and McKinnon darts through another hole on the follow for good yardage.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2012, 07:44 PM
1st and 10 at the GSU 47. Fake on the dive to Swope and McKinnon turns it outside near midfield.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Swope on the dive to the NDSU 49. 3rd and 6.

GSUwinsagain
December 14th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Wooooo TD BabY !!

mountaineerman
Thats socon football right there

Mr. C
Fake the dive to Swope, who runs up the seam and catches a perfect pass from McKinnon. Poor tackling by NDSU as Swope carries into the end zone and this time GSU makes an extra point.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Georgia Southern 13, North Dakota State 6 with around 12 minutes left in the half.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2012, 07:48 PM
That was a really nice play by GSU and tricky, considering Swope is seldom used as a receiver.

md64179
Southern speed

paward
This is a good game to watch. Last team with the ball could be the key here. Do not see any three and outs coming.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2012, 07:49 PM
First catch for Swope all season and only the third of his career (2 for 17 yards last year).

GSUwinsagain
Southern speed

:)

Baldy
You know, that Swope guy isn't as tough as Breitenstein. xlolx

caribbeanhen
darn, I was just getting ready to say pass or punt.......but heard gunfire

Jayjord
Und ndsu...who cares

Mr. C
The NDSU defense looks ticked on the sideline.

mountaineerman
ndsu looks tired

AppAlum2003
strangely, pulling for GSU here. I still hope they lose in the finals, though. I mean, I hate you guys but SOME of the NDSU posters are making seantaylor look like an Ivy-league fan.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Fumble on the kickoff return, face mask on GSU.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2012, 07:51 PM
You know, that Swope guy isn't as tough as Breitenstein. xlolx

I love Eric Breitenstein, but Swope is an entirely different player. Top two FBs in FCS.

GSUwinsagain
December 14th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Redo the kickoff ??? weird

paward
December 14th, 2012, 07:52 PM
What conference are the officials from, let me guess CAA?

Mr. C
December 14th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Did the officials (where are they from, BTW?) just mark off the penalty in the wrong direction?

Mr. C
December 14th, 2012, 07:53 PM
What's with the re-kick?