PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Southern @ North Dakota State

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

I-16Bandit
December 10th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Two abysmal throws by the quarterback within 30 yds of his own end zone. I said it in response to your other post, hoping the offense makes a **** ton of mistakes is not a recipe for success.

So in essence, turnovers are the Achilles heel of NDSU? (As they are for most teams)

I realize that your defense is scary (and with not being as naive as I was prior to our meeting last year I'm more prepared for what the outcome can be this year), but how good is your offense? No bias.

I-16Bandit
December 10th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Looking forward to actually being able to get up to Fargo this year. 17 of us aren't going to make a lot of sound, but it always seems that the team does better when we have some sort of pep band.

There will be a pep band going again this year, don't worry.

GATA_Eagles
December 10th, 2012, 10:16 AM
There will be a pep band going again this year, don't worry.
I know, I'm in it. We just confirmed the roster about 2 hours ago.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2012, 10:22 AM
So in essence, turnovers are the Achilles heel of NDSU? (As they are for most teams)

I realize that your defense is scary (and with not being as naive as I was prior to our meeting last year I'm more prepared for what the outcome can be this year), but how good is your offense? No bias.

one time it was. NDSU is +10 in the turnover margin this year. 22 gained 12 lost. Turnovers are rarely a negative factor for NDSU

As for the offense. It still manages to score plenty of points and has been working quite efficiently of late.

Vitojr130
December 10th, 2012, 10:30 AM

Personally, I think our offense is "alright". Not great by any means, but they seem to do enough to get the job done. They've put up enough points against some of the greatest defenses in the FCS (Wofford, SDSU, ISUr, and traditionally UNI...). If our defense plays the same game they have for the past 2 years, we will be fine. NDSU's offense *seems* to have got the bugs out of it since the first half of the ISUr game. Unless Brock throws 2 pick 6's like in the ISUb game, I don't think they will lose.

eaglewraith
December 10th, 2012, 10:33 AM
What?

How can NDSU even compete with such a 'storied' program as GSU? Heck, we might as well call in and forfeit the game cus GSU is such a juggernaut that cannot be stopped.

Actually, there's no chance in hell of us kicking a game winning field goal. It stands to reason that running for 500+ is more likely since that's something we've actually done this year.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Actually, there's no chance in hell of us kicking a game winning field goal. It stands to reason that running for 500+ is more likely since that's something we've actually done this year.

Against this defense, you have a better chance of the field goal.

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2012, 10:34 AM

The running game is very good, the passing game is horribly inconsistent to the point where I'd say it's bad. I don't think the confidence in Jensen is completely there with the OC therefore he gets very conservative and even Jensen gets a little gunshy if they don't need to take chances. If NDSU gets a lead prepare to be bored by the offensive playcalling.

Last week against Wofford they had a 75 yard drive on the first drive of the game when the game was obviously tied and 97 yard drive the second posession they had after Wofford had tied it back up. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that the offense has the ability to be very dynamic but they rely on the defense and get very conservative once they get a lead.

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 10th, 2012, 10:35 AM
You haven't seen us kick.

eaglewraith
December 10th, 2012, 10:40 AM

This.

I like our chances running the ball.

By the way guys, this has all been in jest. Too early in the week to be getting all uptight. Loosen up. Do I need to post booby pics later?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2012, 10:49 AM

I did but there is no bleeding way you are going to run for 500+ yards against this defense. Only once has a team even GAINED more than 300 yds against it.

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 10th, 2012, 10:51 AM
I did but there is no bleeding way you are going to run for 500+ yards against this defense. Only once has a team even GAINED more than 300 yds against it.
I'm fairly certain none of us actually think we are going to run for 570 yards. It was more of a tribute to how horrible our kicking game is.

Reign of Terrier
December 10th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Wofford ran for roughly 250 and passed for roughly 50. GSU gets 320 rushing.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2012, 10:56 AM

Unless they have found a way to transfer Breitenstein to GSU for one extra game of eligibility, not gonna happen. Do not infer anything from the Wofford game besides the fact that EB can hit a hole and is very hard to tackle.

I have to correct my earlier stat. I skipped over the ISUr game where they also gained 300 yds.

AmsterBison
December 10th, 2012, 11:00 AM
This.

I like our chances running the ball.

By the way guys, this has all been in jest. Too early in the week to be getting all uptight. Loosen up. Do I need to post booby pics later?

Not sure the Fargo guys can loosen up - they finally got some cool weather today (-3 right now.)

Gil Dobie
December 10th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Third game NDSU vs GSU, will the Bison make it 3-0 on GSU?
Hopefully the 3rd times a charm is out.

Twentysix
December 10th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Not sure the Fargo guys can loosen up - they finally got some cool weather today (-3 right now.)

Yeah, it started getting cold right after wofford broke 200 yds and hell froze over. 4.5F above actual -27F windchill in North Fargo at this very second. Apparently at midnight it was -42F wherever they take the reading.

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KNDFARGO5

(scroll down to "Tabular Data for December 10, 2012" and you can get minute by minute updates since 12:00am)

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Third game NDSU vs GSU, will the Bison make it 3-0 on GSU?
Hopefully the 3rd times a charm is out.

Actually, to listen to them, the first time didn't count. Some of them think the second time didn't even count so this appears to be the first time!

NoDak 4 Ever
Yeah, it started getting cold right after wofford broke 200 yds and hell froze over. 4.5F above actual -27F windchill in North Fargo at this very second.

Huh, 43 and rainy here.

GATA_OneMoreTime
Yeah, it started getting cold right after wofford broke 200 yds and hell froze over. 4.5F above actual -27F windchill in North Fargo at this very second.

It amazes me you people call that place home. It's a pleasant 66 in Statesboro right now.

DJKyR0
December 10th, 2012, 11:04 AM
It amazes me you people call that place home. It's a pleasant 66 in Statesboro right now.

You mean -66, right? Because it's winter? Running weather.

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 10th, 2012, 11:05 AM
You mean -66, right? Because it's winter? Running weather.

Well it is fall, technically. Dontcha know the world ends on the first day of winter?

Gil Dobie
December 10th, 2012, 11:05 AM

Where do you ride your snowmobiles or ice fish ;)

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 10th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Where do you ride your snowmobiles or ice fish ;)

Where do you ride your jet skis and noodle for catfish?!

Twentysix
December 10th, 2012, 11:08 AM

Why would anyone put their weiner in a catfish? You southern people are weird.

Gil Dobie
December 10th, 2012, 11:08 AM

Tend to do those in the Summer :)

Well maybe not the noodling part unless you are a UND baskeball player.

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 10th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Why would anyone put their weiner in a catfish? You southern people are weird.

You refer to your pecker as a noodle? Macaroni? :D

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 10th, 2012, 11:13 AM
And for the record, I've never actually known anyone who "noodles" hillbilly handfishing likes to play up on the stereotype.

gsu2583
December 10th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Actually, to listen to them, the first time didn't count. Some of them think the second time didn't even count so this appears to be the first time!

Not that it doesn't count, but if I were an opposing fan, nothing I would write home to mom about.

BNATION
December 10th, 2012, 11:22 AM
And for the record, I've never actually known anyone who "noodles" hillbilly handfishing likes to play up on the stereotype.

We do in Texas and yes the show is dumb, we are really much crazier than that...

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Not that it doesn't count, but if I were an opposing fan, nothing I would write home to mom about.

I suppose if GSU wins they'll be crowing about being 1-0 against the Bison. Makes sense.

gsu2583
December 10th, 2012, 11:29 AM
I suppose if GSU wins they'll be crowing about being 1-0 against the Bison. Makes sense.

As long as we can go 1-0 against you this season, I don't give a rip about it...

Twentysix
December 10th, 2012, 11:31 AM
As long as we can go 1-0 against you this season, I don't give a rip about it...

Bong or pants?

I-16Bandit
December 10th, 2012, 11:31 AM
The running game is very good, the passing game is horribly inconsistent to the point where I'd say it's bad. I don't think the confidence in Jensen is completely there with the OC therefore he gets very conservative and even Jensen gets a little gunshy if they don't need to take chances. If NDSU gets a lead prepare to be bored by the offensive playcalling.

Last week against Wofford they had a 75 yard drive on the first drive of the game when the game was obviously tied and 97 yard drive the second posession they had after Wofford had tied it back up. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that the offense has the ability to be very dynamic but they rely on the defense and get very conservative once they get a lead.

Perfect, because our secondary is dismal. xthumbsupx

This thread moves too damn quick. I have school to finish up, and can't keep up wit the thread. I'll see you guys in a couple days, probably on page 200. xcoffeex

Sam_Kats
December 10th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Sorry if its been posted but line is out....

Bison -10

PaulsonStadium
December 10th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Getting into the endzone is key. Redzone defense was pretty stout for Bison. I saw 2 Wofford redzone drives in 2nd half result in no points. Need to put points on board otherwise stats don't matter

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Getting into the endzone is key. Redzone defense was pretty stout for Bison. I saw 2 Wofford redzone drives in 2nd half result in no points. Need to put points on board otherwise stats don't matter
I think it's sustaining drives is the difficult thing to do against NDSU's defense. In addition to those two drives Wofford got into NDSU territory twice in the 1st half before bogging down and pooch kicking. It's going to be very difficult to continually beat the Bison defense on 3rd and 4th down if you have to convert multiple times in the same drive to get points.

GSUEagles#1
December 10th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Unless they have found a way to transfer Breitenstein to GSU for one extra game of eligibility, not gonna happen. Do not infer anything from the Wofford game besides the fact that EB can hit a hole and is very hard to tackle.

I have to correct my earlier stat. I skipped over the ISUr game where they also gained 300 yds.

Why do you think Wofford is so much better than GSU? Because of last year? Your Defense hasn't defended McKinnon yet!

straightshooter
December 10th, 2012, 12:56 PM
I watched the game last year with my stepson, who happens to be a former starting LB for the Eagles. He played for GSU under Johnson and then Sewak, so he is very familiar with the offense and what makes it really run. I can't tell you how many times he yelled at the TV for QB Shaw to cut the ball up the field when there were obvious seams in the NDSU defense for him to do so. Instead he continued to stretch the play and let the NDSU defenders catch up. Here's the big difference between this season and last. The current QB, McKinnon, will not stretch the play and let the defenders get to him. He will plant a foot and go vertical with his breakaway speed. That's how this offense is supposed to work. That's how the former Eagle great QBs who won NCs did it. When the seam is there, they shot through it, and that's what McKinnon has been getting better and better at each week.

Wofford had the same problem Saturday with their QBs. They stretched the play down the line hoping for the pitch to open up or to outrun the defense. Didn't happen and won't happen against NDSU. They are too well coached in their scheme, but I will tell you that the X-Factor for Friday night will be McKinnon. NDSU didn't face the GSU triple option last season, as what they saw wasn't exactly what they'll see Friday. ODU coach Bobby Wilder confirmed what I'm saying in his post game press conference. He said that ODU had prepared all year, including in their spring practice, to face GSU's option again. But what they could not prepare for was McKinnon's ability in space. If that phase of the TO is working, it can open up the dive or the pitch for big gainers. It will be interesting to see how NDSU defends McKinnon. If they do what they did last year against Shaw, they could be in for a long night.

NDSU defends the option as well as anyone, and as Coach Bohl said in his press conference a while ago, let the chess match begin. They might come up with a plan to shut McKinnon and the other pieces of the offense down, but lately that has been difficult for teams to do.

Bison56
December 10th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Why do you think Wofford is so much better than GSU? Because of last year? Your Defense hasn't defended McKinnon yet!

Who?xconfusedx

xcoach2
December 10th, 2012, 01:06 PM
McKinnon gives GSU a better shot but they're going to have to hit explosive plays. I don't see GSU consistently going the field with much success.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Who?xconfusedx

Oh, just insert a new name every time.

You haven't seen Bell yet
You haven't seen Swope yet
You haven't seen Flanders yet
You haven't seen Sincere yet
You haven't seen Zenner yet
You haven't seen Breitenstein yet.

Big players don't get big plays against the Bison D.
You haven't seen

straightshooter
December 10th, 2012, 01:12 PM
McKinnon gives GSU a better shot but they're going to have to hit explosive plays. I don't see GSU consistently going the field with much success.

They are much more explosive with the ball in McKinnon's hands. That still might not be good enough, but NDSU will notice a difference in the speed of the offense. UCA and ODU certainly did. Granted, their defenses weren't world beaters by any stretch, but if you listen to their head coaches after the games, they really thought they had the right scheme to stop GSU. Both said that McKinnon was a difference maker. NDSU may stop him. I'll tip my hat to them if they do.

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Hmmm, a sampling of posts about Shaw from last year's GSU/NDSU game thread:

Our offense has been unstopable since Swope emerged in the Alabama game. The only way they will slow us down is if we commit turnovers, but Shaw has been very good at protecting the ball.

Shaw is a Senior QB that is very poised.

I was very impressed with Shaw. If he plays like that on Saturday......NDSU fans will be very unhappy at the end of the day.

GSU 42 NDSU 17.

Shaw has mastered holding the pitch until the very last second, which frees the A-Back for open lanes. Sometimes they could probably count his pitches as passes as he is waiting so late they are often moving forward.

We throw the ball six times a game and Jaybo Shaw is the top five in passing efficiency and completion percentage in the nation.

Actually Shaw leads the nation in passing efficiency. He just doesn't have enough throws to qualify to be listed.
I don't know who will be the next QB at Georgia Southern after McKinnon but I bet he'll be a combination of John Elway, Jim Brown, and Batman.

Chuck Norris
December 10th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Mckinnon is closer to a Bruce lee and Superman. I know he scares the heck out of me! And Im a BAD,BAD man!

gsu2583
December 10th, 2012, 01:29 PM
I don't know who will be the next QB at Georgia Southern after McKinnon but I bet he'll be a combination of John Elway, Jim Brown, and Batman.

So does this mean if we win we can go back and pull a bunch of asinine posts your fans made and rub your noses in it?

The Eagle's Cliff
December 10th, 2012, 01:31 PM
It's pretty obvious that North Dakota State is the greatest football program in the history of college football. No one has a chance against them. Georgia Southern, Eastern Washington, and Sam Houston should agree to just mail the NC Trophy to Fargo and forget the rest of the season.....

Frankly, I'm so ready to go FBS I'm not concerned either way. I would like for the Eagles to beat NDSU in the Dome/Airplane Hanger just to shut their ridiculous fans up and I'm willing to bet there are several other FCS fans hoping for the same.

Professor Chaos
So does this mean if we win we can go back and pull a bunch of asinine posts your fans made and rub your noses in it?
You mean like the ones where we predicted a 3-7 point win for the Bison? That was pretty silly of us to think it would be that close.

NoDak 4 Ever

and McKinnon will be some kind of stiff that couldn't get the job done.

gsu2583
December 10th, 2012, 01:34 PM
You mean like the ones where we predicted a 3-7 point win for the Bison? That was pretty silly of us to think it would be that close.

I meant about this year... but hey whatever.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2012, 01:34 PM
What I'm waiting for is the 3 pages of Georgia Southern playing the "we're just a small teacher's college against a big state school'

then the 4 pages of "We're on the way to FBS anyway".

It's pretty obvious that North Dakota State is the greatest football program in the history of college football. No one has a chance against them. Georgia Southern, Eastern Washington, and Sam Houston should agree to just mail the NC Trophy to Fargo and forget the rest of the season.....

Frankly, I'm so ready to go FBS I'm not concerned either way. I would like for the Eagles to beat NDSU in the Dome/Airplane Hanger just to shut their ridiculous fans up and I'm willing to bet there are several other FCS fans hoping for the same.

Good job Cliff, all in the same post!

GSUEagles#1
December 10th, 2012, 01:35 PM
and McKinnon will be some kind of stiff that couldn't get the job done.

[QUOTE=Professor Chaos;1914442]Hmmm, a sampling of posts about Shaw from last year's GSU/NDSU game thread:

Butt Last Year...

We aren't saying Shaw was bad, they are COMPLETELY different though. To be fair, three of those comments are the same person and one of them wasn't a GSU fan.

SpeedkingATL
December 10th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Mckinnon is closer to a Bruce lee and Superman. I know he scares the heck out of me! And Im a BAD,BAD man!

McKinnon reminds me more of "The Flash" without the red tights in a boring white and blue uniform.

BisonBohl
December 10th, 2012, 01:39 PM

Man I havent read this whole thread and Im not going to but this post is garbage mainly the first part. You sound like a child.

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2012, 01:40 PM
I meant about this year... but hey whatever.
We won't know how asinine they are until after the game has been played. I'm sure McKinnon presents different challenges than Shaw did but what I'm trying to point out is Shaw was trumpeted as being a great leader and decision maker last year. He ran into the wrong defense on the wrong day last year and made some mistakes. That may not happen this year but I'll take NDSU's defense at their best over the McKinnon led GSU triple option at their best.

gsu2583
December 10th, 2012, 01:43 PM
We won't know how asinine they are until after the game has been played. I'm sure McKinnon presents different challenges than Shaw did but what I'm trying to point out is Shaw was trumpeted as being a great leader and decision maker last year. He ran into the wrong defense on the wrong day last year and made some mistakes. That may not happen this year but I'll take NDSU's defense at their best over the McKinnon led GSU triple option at their best.

He was a great leader and great decision maker, but with NDSU's defense he needed to be a better athlete. I think across the board, GSU fans are hoping athleticism will be a deciding factor in our ability to move the ball better this year.

Eagle11
December 10th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Man I havent read this whole thread and Im not going to but this post is garbage mainly the first part. You sound like a child.

Are you ****ting me? This whole thread revolves around NDSU fans thumping their chests about being the best football team ever. Then a GSU fan makes a sarcastic comment, mimicking you guys, and you try to deny it. NDSU is a great football team and they may beat GSU, but man your fans are sensitive.

seantaylor
December 10th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Jaybo was a turnover machine. JM has been great protecting the ball.

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Are you ****ting me? This whole thread revolves around NDSU fans thumping their chests about being the best football team ever. Then a GSU fan makes a sarcastic comment, mimicking you guys, and you try to deny it. NDSU is a great football team and they may beat GSU, but man your fans are sensitive.
xlolx

Pot, meet kettle. You talk about how all we do is "thump our chests" when talking about our team but you guys do it you're just being sarcastic.

GSU is a fine team, you don't make the semifinals three straight years without being one but man your fans are hypocritical.

hlebichuk
December 10th, 2012, 01:58 PM
I think only ONE of the PI calls was BS. The one against JJ.

In our favor this year:
1. Been to Fargo before
2. Field turf instead of carpet this time.
3. McKinnon
4. Revenge?
5. Underdog

Against us:
1. Tough D.
2. Can't kick a FG for s*&t.
3. 2nd option team in a row for NDSU.
4. Packer reject uniforms.
5. Fans can color coordinate the stands.

Against GSU....
6. NDSU fans whisper when on offense
7. 130 decibels when on defense

Side note....The Packers wish they had a defense this good....but I like the comment.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Jaybo was a turnover machine. JM has been great protecting the ball.

I like the turnover dynamic. NDSU is has a +10 and GSU is -5.

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Against GSU....

Side note....The Packers wish they had a defense this good....but I like the comment.
It doesn't get close to 130. Too many fans along the sidelines that only stand up and yell on 3rd/4th down. But it's still ear bleeding loud.

BisonBohl
December 10th, 2012, 02:07 PM
xlolx

Pot, meet kettle. You talk about how all we do is "thump our chests" when talking about our team but you guys do it you're just being sarcastic.

GSU is a fine team, you don't make the semifinals three straight years without being one but man your fans are hypocritical.

This 100%, GSU is a very capable team and can beat the Bison. I guess am not one for the sarcastic white flag posts. GSU is top FSC program and his comments came away childish when his team and fans have every to be confident going into the NDSU game.

bisonboone11
December 10th, 2012, 02:08 PM
I think GSU will need to get at least one defensive TD to win this one. It's obviously very tough to get TD's against NDSU's defense, as their defense has allowed 12 TD's including 1 that came in a game where they were already up by 66, and 2 more in the final minute of games that were 2+ score games. I think GSU will be able to move the ball better than most teams on NDSU, but the lack of a kicking game will hurt GSU. I highly doubt NDSU will put up anywhere near 35 again this year though. It should be another great game.

Edit: I just want to clarify that I'm not saying GSU can't beat NDSU, or that they can't beat NDSU without a defensive TD. GSU is a very good team, and is very capable of beating any team, including NDSU.

straightshooter
December 10th, 2012, 02:11 PM
Against GSU....

Was around 101 Saturday. That's a long way from 130. Still loud, but GSU won't be intimidated by it. They've been to the dome and know what to expect.

gsu2583
December 10th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Just got done watching the NDSU v Wofford game. It did remind me of the GSU game last year. The QB wasn't too much of a running threat. When he did, he had a nice run or two maybe, expect for fumbling the ball 20 yards down the field. xchinscratchx

Lots of dives, and when they did try to get to the corner on a pitch, the LBs stayed home and made those into slow-developing and easily stopped runs.

They did, on the whole, move the ball well, though couldn't produce points when they needed to. Made me think of GSU's second half V UCA.

I think that IF McKinnon can make some good cuts and grab good yardage, it will open up the pitch some.

GSUEagles#1
December 10th, 2012, 02:41 PM
I like the turnover dynamic. NDSU is has a +10 and GSU is -5.

I don't have the stats in front of me, but I think a majority of those -5 are from before Mckinnon was QB. (Partly the reason he won the QB spot)

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Who? ;)

ok, nevermind

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2012, 02:43 PM
I don't have the stats in front of me, but I think a majority of those -5 are from before Mckinnon was QB. (Partly the reason he won the QB spot)

Enough to close a net +15?

gsu2583
December 10th, 2012, 02:45 PM

No. We can never be as good as you... there. I said it.

GATA_Eagles
December 10th, 2012, 02:47 PM

It would bring us back to +2

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2012, 02:49 PM
It would bring us back to +2

Happy then to take a +8 into the game :)

The Eagle's Cliff
December 10th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Good job Cliff, all in the same post!

Thanksxthumbsupx Just can't compete with the mighty Bison and those good lookin' uni's.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Thanksxthumbsupx Just can't compete with the mighty Bison and those good lookin' uni's.

When I first saw the MEAC looking jersey's I kind of hated it. Now I'll love them until they finally lose in them.

keller625
December 10th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Finally a break in all this football chat, I kinda like NDSU's uniforms, a little out of the box colors and the fans only wear those colors which makes the stands look cool.

How about that Fargo though, middle of nowhere, ugly girls and no close ocean? If were gonna match last year we have to get off this football topic and move on to things like job markets

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Finally a break in all this football chat, I kinda like NDSU's uniforms, a little out of the box colors and the fans only wear those colors which makes the stands look cool.

How about that Fargo though, middle of nowhere, ugly girls and no close ocean? If were gonna match last year we have to get off this football topic and move on to things like job markets

If you want to get into a Fargo fight, I might make 5k posts by the time it's over.

GSUEagles#1
December 10th, 2012, 03:14 PM
If you want to get into a Fargo fight, I might make 5k posts by the time it's over.

Fight? Can't you handle smack talk without getting in a fight and talking about how someone is WRONG? You give GSU absolutely NO credit for any accomplishment we have ever achieved!

gasoutherneagle
December 10th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Good Lord you people are makin' my brain hurt!

30 pages of this sh-- and it ain't even Tuesday yet!

Why don't y'all compare the size of the tires on the two QB's cars already?!?!

GATDAMM!!! I need a cold one! I'm hittin' the beer fridge in the garage... carry-on.xblahx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2012, 03:30 PM

Same goes for your big mouth fans.....xslapfightx

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 10th, 2012, 03:32 PM
[B][SIZE=5]
Why don't y'all compare the size of the tires on the two QB's cars already?!?!

I bet Jensen has sissy girl tires!! Oh this is a football thread? Got it.

blueballs
December 10th, 2012, 04:10 PM

Shoot Cliff, I'm with you. This FBS thing can't happen fast enough. After all, it has long since been established that GSU has a better chance against Alabama and Georgia than against NDSU. I'm ready to cry uncle and move on... heck, if you're going to be destroyed anyway it is better to be compensated better for the destruction.

gsu2583
December 10th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Do you NDSU fans see sticking with the 4-4 for Friday's game?

Neighbor2
December 10th, 2012, 04:16 PM
gsu2583,

Don't 'ya know . . . turn that plane around. None of that matters, anyway.

By the way, what a game GSU played Saturday. Talk about speed!

Gil Dobie
December 10th, 2012, 04:26 PM

Probably play similar to last season vs GSU, with a few wrinkles due to personnal on both sides of the field.

Thunderstruck
December 10th, 2012, 04:30 PM

4-4? We are scrapping the entire defensive playbook and unveiling the "in-the-pocket" defensive scheme....thats right the ole Buddy Ryan 46 d is back. :)

Bison56
December 10th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Read another hand full of posts and it is still full of xbawlingx

Can someone please post a link to the GSU roster?

gsu2583
December 10th, 2012, 04:40 PM
http://georgiasoutherneagles.com/sports/mens/football/roster

http://issuu.com/gsathletics/docs/fb_2012_media_guide_grey_complete/1?mode=window

straightshooter
December 10th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Read another hand full of posts and it is still full of xbawlingx

Can someone please post a link to the GSU roster?

Just a bunch of runts. Only one 300 pounder, and that's Russell. Most of the GSU OL is about the size of the NDSU TE.

keller625
December 10th, 2012, 04:44 PM

kinda what i was going for, since last year i believe over half the comments had nothing to do with football lol. by Tuesday night maybe Wednesday morning i bet it happens again.I like it, as long as all football talk has run it course. if there is a lull, by all means, "oh yea, well were the more important city"

Gil Dobie
December 10th, 2012, 04:48 PM
By the way, who's in the other semi-final game? ;)

keller625
December 10th, 2012, 04:50 PM
I didnt watch the lines to closely last last year when we faced NDSU, were the size of the lineman much of an advantage?

blueballs
December 10th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Just a bunch of runts. Only one 300 pounder, and that's Russell. Most of the GSU OL is about the size of the NDSU TE.

Not just a bunch of runts, but a bunch of weak, slow, and uncoordinated runts that nobody else wants. No match whatsoever for the mighty Bison...

kbswish22
December 10th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Not just a bunch of runts, but a bunch of weak, slow, and uncoordinated runts that nobody else wants. No match whatsoever for the mighty Bison...

Whew good to know. And here I was all worried about this game, thinking GSU was going to be a tremendous challenge. I'm glad I can rest easy.

The Eagle's Cliff
December 10th, 2012, 04:54 PM
By the way, who's in the other semi-final game? ;)

Does it matter? They're both just playing for a trip to Frisco to get killed by the Bisonssssss

Gil Dobie
December 10th, 2012, 04:55 PM

GSU doesn't need to block anyone, that southern speed enables them to run right past those big slow mighty Bison.

Neighbor2
December 10th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Gil, I watched both your game and GSU/ODU. On THAT Given Saturday, you guys came in third. Sorry.

Bison56
December 10th, 2012, 05:01 PM
http://georgiasoutherneagles.com/sports/mens/football/roster

http://issuu.com/gsathletics/docs/fb_2012_media_guide_grey_complete/1?mode=window

Thanks.

Gil Dobie
December 10th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Gil, I watched both your game and GSU/ODU. On THAT Given Saturday, you guys came in third. Sorry.

As long as we come in 1st on the scoreboard, that's all that matters.

Neighbor2
December 10th, 2012, 05:14 PM
. . . . and you might well do that, Gil. You have a fine team. :)

gsu_paintballer
December 10th, 2012, 05:20 PM
I think the best thing about NDSU fans is that they get all twisted up when someone else tells them they're the best team in the universe.

It's kinda cute.

gasoutherneagle
December 10th, 2012, 05:47 PM
"YOU TELL'EM I'M COMIN'!!! AND, HELL'S COMIN' WITH ME!!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wzFEMVJElbM

Wilson16
December 10th, 2012, 05:51 PM

Agreed

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2012, 05:53 PM
"YOU TELL'EM I'M COMIN'!!! AND, HELL'S COMIN' WITH ME!!!"
It's a good thing NDSU gives Georgia Southern such great theme ideas for highlight videos xthumbsupx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk2sA3quRRA

I'm just playing with you, it's a well made video.

gsueagle2424
December 10th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Coach Monken messed up during his half time speech against Navy. When he said, "We're acting like they are the Green Bay Packers" he really meant to say was, ND Bison.

What is it with the green and gold up north?

I honestly have a better feeling this year about the game than last year. There is no need to talk why in this thread though because the Bison Linebackers are so good they will probably tackle me as I sit here and try to be logical about the game xrotatehx

Wilson16
December 10th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Coach Monken messed up during his half time speech against Navy. When he said, "We're acting like they are the Green Bay Packers" he really meant to say was, ND Bison.

I honestly have a better feeling this year about the game than last year. There is no need to talk why in this thread though because the Bison Linebackers are so good they will probably tackle me as I sit here and try to be logical about the game xrotatehx

Dont you have crazy speed even when you're sitting down??

Gil Dobie
December 10th, 2012, 05:59 PM

That's why Tracy Ham went north to play for the Green and Gold aka Edmonton Eskimos :)

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2012, 06:01 PM

It's funny, I can see your text but the quote is going so fast, it's all blurry.

Bison56
December 10th, 2012, 06:10 PM
This is good stuff here.xlolx

Eagle11
December 10th, 2012, 06:17 PM

ND isn't known for its sense of humor obviously

Baldy
December 10th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Sense of humor is having trouble getting through their defense. :)

gsueagle2424
December 10th, 2012, 07:07 PM
ND's defense makes the Steel Curtain look like a bunch of pee wee football players.

This must be a typical office setting during the off season in Fargo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbSpAsJSZPc

gsu2583
December 10th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Thought I would make some burgers this Friday. Silly? Maybe. But I don't give a ****....

http://i318.photobucket.com/albums/mm436/gsu2583/D32015D6-9D35-46C4-ACDF-8D26DCB27B43-4673-000003CB93D2CF9C.jpg

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2012, 07:30 PM
The reason why NDSU plays in the Fargodome is so the opposing players that the Bison defenders are hitting don't go flying into outer space.

NDSU's defense had a practice open to the public one time.... there were no survivors.

Bison defenders don't flush a toilet when they drop a deuce, they scare the **** out of it.

Before the Black Eyed Peas performed for the first time in the Fargodome (in front of several several Bison defenders) they were known as the Peas.

gumby013
December 10th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Thought I would make some burgers this Friday. Silly? Maybe. But I don't give a ****....

http://i318.photobucket.com/albums/mm436/gsu2583/D32015D6-9D35-46C4-ACDF-8D26DCB27B43-4673-000003CB93D2CF9C.jpg

It's delicious, just don't overcook it. There's very little fat compared to beef, so it can get dry. Keep it under medium and you're good to go.

gsueagle2424
December 10th, 2012, 07:38 PM
The reason why NDSU plays in the Fargodome is so the opposing players that the Bison defenders are hitting don't go flying into outer space.

NDSU's defense had a practice open to the public one time.... there were no survivors.

Bison defenders don't flush a toilet when they drop a deuce, they scare the **** out of it.

Before the Black Eyed Peas performed for the first time in the Fargodome (in front of several several Bison defenders) they were known as the Peas.

Bison fans are making fun of themselves now.

Southern Bison
December 10th, 2012, 07:44 PM

I think I've decided what's on my menu Friday night. I'll let the team devour the rest of the birds but I want the wings.

gsu2583
December 10th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Never had bison/buffalo but I am an equal opportunity meat eater. Thanks for the cooking tip.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2012, 08:07 PM
What to the GSU players do when they aren't on the field?

http://community.mania.com/ver1.0/Content/images/store/1/1/31efa432-db11-48be-a1c4-b9262ef5566c.Large.gif

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 10th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Looking forward to the game. No doubt that the team that plays best on Friday night will win. Thought this forum would be fun, but everybody is just hateful.... Guess I'm just not cut out for this.

Well you match up 2 of the most passionate fan bases in FCS who talked smack for 265 pages last year in the semifinals a year later and thats what you get. I don't think there is too much hate here. More sarcasm and message board a**holes that are a little more cordial in person (From both sides)

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Well you match up 2 of the most passionate fan bases in FCS who talked smack for 265 pages last year in the semifinals a year later and thats what you get. I don't think there is too much hate here. More sarcasm and message board a**holes that are a little more cordial in person (From both sides)

****, if I wasn't so far NE of your direct route, I'd let any of y'all come take a pit stop at my house!

Any.

straightshooter
December 10th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Looking forward to the game. No doubt that the team that plays best on Friday night will win. Thought this forum would be fun, but everybody is just hateful.... Guess I'm just not cut out for this.

THis is what happens when people have said all they can about the game. Nothing left but to see post the cutest things. I'm more into the game myself, and there's a lot more that can be said.

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 10th, 2012, 08:17 PM

AmsterBison
December 10th, 2012, 08:20 PM

Aw, don't take it personally or seriously. I'm trying to stay out of the smack war - at least until I have something really good.

GSU fans and Bison fans are very similar in this regard: The ones who talk the most smack are the first ones to buy you a drink if giving the opportunity.

citdog
December 10th, 2012, 08:22 PM
y'all .

You do NOT get to say that sacred word. Ursus is the only non Southron who I have, by Presidential Order, given such a privilege.

eaglewraith
December 10th, 2012, 08:23 PM
I grow tired of these discussions.

http://i.imgur.com/7c5hy.gif
http://i.imgur.com/yJncR.gif
http://i.imgur.com/zXmMB.png
http://i.imgur.com/0lgOP.gif

Yea I have a Kate Upton thing.....so what?

EagleForever
December 10th, 2012, 08:25 PM
THis is what happens when people have said all they can about the game. Nothing left but to see post the cutest things. I'm more into the game myself, and there's a lot more that can be said.
Well maybe I'll stick around then. I just wanted to hear about the football and to hear what the other FCS fans think about the match up. I'm sure everyone is more fun in person! This Southern Belle would welcome any NDSU Bison to come tailgate Southern Style with the Statesboro Blues Tailgate!

AmsterBison
December 10th, 2012, 08:29 PM
You do NOT get to say that sacred word. Ursus is the only non Southron who I have, by Presidential Order, given such a privilege.

Y'all get worked up if we say the sacred word "y'all?" Y'all is crazy! Now don't get me wrong, I'm not meaning to offend y'all or break any of y'all's rules. After y'all, I've got South Carolina ancestors((heck, if there are still Glymphs down there, they might be distant cousins.) .... Y'all.

Southern Swarm
December 10th, 2012, 08:44 PM
xlovex More Upton please

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 10th, 2012, 08:45 PM
I grow tired of these discussions.

http://i.imgur.com/0lgOP.gif

Yea I have a Kate Upton thing.....so what?

http://thechive.com/2011/05/17/kate-upton-gifs-make-all-the-other-gifs-jealous-12-photos/

gsu2583
December 10th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Hail Southern!

GATA!

and

KCCO m*****f*****!

keller625
December 10th, 2012, 09:05 PM
gsu2583?- if youve ever cooked venison, its similar because of the low fat. unless your eating those big fat northern deer.

citdog, what are these requirements for using "the word"?

citdog
December 10th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Well maybe I'll stick around then. I just wanted to hear about the football and to hear what the other FCS fans think about the match up. I'm sure everyone is more fun in person! This Southern Belle would welcome any NDSU Bison to come tailgate Southern Style with the Statesboro Blues Tailgate!

there are no Belles in pig's ***, ga.

only this.

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/060420/060420_whitetra_jerrySpringer_bcol.hmedium.jpg

citdog
December 10th, 2012, 09:13 PM
gsu2583?- if youve ever cooked venison, its similar because of the low fat. unless your eating those big fat northern deer.

citdog, what are these requirements for using "the word"?

this must piss you off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwlWsQMFtrM

Wilson16
December 10th, 2012, 09:19 PM

Nor do ya all southern folk

keller625
December 10th, 2012, 09:21 PM
citdog- surprised me there, wasn't expecting such a simple answer

Bison56
December 10th, 2012, 09:48 PM
Well after reading the last few pages i cant stop laughing. Damn some of you are a riot.xlmaoxxlmaox

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Bison fans are making fun of themselves now.
I don't know what you're talking about... I'm being super serial right now.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_8PJVgsSZob8/SYnR_zAwR1I/AAAAAAAAAB8/_W7NBF3DWuE/s320/Beast+%5BManBearPig+Al+Gore%5D.jpg

On another note, NDSU has hired Al Gore as a special manbearpig assistant this week in preparation for the upcoming matchup.

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 10th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Damn I really hope I can make this trip now. Last estimate I heard on a charter is closer to the $300 range. Not sure if I can swing that one but boy would I love to be there!

BisonFan02
December 10th, 2012, 10:09 PM
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/s480x480/77003_10151367273054532_1588677290_n.jpg

:D haha

Drblankstare
December 10th, 2012, 10:12 PM
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/s480x480/77003_10151367273054532_1588677290_n.jpg

I saw that too, it made me wonder if lakes had broken into the tv van. xlolx

Drblankstare
December 10th, 2012, 10:12 PM

BisonFan02
December 10th, 2012, 10:13 PM

Clearly

BisonFan02
December 10th, 2012, 10:13 PM

Clearly his idea.

Bison56
December 10th, 2012, 10:15 PM

Where did you see that?

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 10th, 2012, 10:16 PM
buttBama 2 years in a row? xlolx

GATA_Eagles
December 10th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Where did you see that?

Was on during your game I believe

Drblankstare
December 10th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Where did you see that?

They showed it during the Wofford game.

Bison56
December 10th, 2012, 10:22 PM
They showed it during the Wofford game.

Must of missed it. So i guess that settles it NDSU is better than bama!xsmiley_wix

Bisonator
December 10th, 2012, 10:24 PM
I thought someone said something about a football game Friday night. Anyone know anything about that?
xdontknowx
I can't friggin wait! GO BISON!! BE HERD!!!xbeerchugx

PS just trying to help get this thread passed 265 pages. Carry on.....

Twentysix
December 10th, 2012, 10:28 PM
I thought someone said something about a football game Friday night. Anyone know anything about that?
xdontknowx
I can't friggin wait! GO BISON!! BE HERD!!!xbeerchugx

PS just trying to help get this thread passed 265 pages. Carry on.....

This thread will be lucky to break 125 before kickoff.

Bisonator
December 10th, 2012, 10:33 PM
This thread will be lucky to break 125 before kickoff.

Don't count it out yet. It's over halfway after only 2 days. Still got 4 days to go!

Bisonator
December 10th, 2012, 10:35 PM
What's the status on Swope? Any other injuries on GSU's side from Saturday?

GATA_Eagles
December 10th, 2012, 10:36 PM
What's the status on Swope? Any other injuries on GSU's side from Saturday?

Swope should play but is probably being held out from practice a bit this week to get him rested

Southern Swarm
December 10th, 2012, 10:37 PM

Who's but 'Bama'ing now? xrotatehx

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 10th, 2012, 10:44 PM
Don't count it out yet. It's over halfway after only 2 days. Still got 4 days to go!
Yeah, I think it'll hit 125, but won't make it to our epic thread from last year. Not enough to bull***** and b!tch about as there was last year!

FargoBison
December 10th, 2012, 10:59 PM
Lets face it..last year we had buttBama and the buyout...that was fuel for about 100 pages. We are passed all that BS now and all we are doing is trying to fill the space between now and Friday.

BisonFan02
December 10th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Who's but 'Bama'ing now? xrotatehx

It was more of a joke....just pouring some gas on the fire to keep this thread going. :D

Southern Bison
December 10th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Yeah, I think it'll hit 125, but won't make it to our epic thread from last year. Not enough to bull***** and b!tch about as there was last year!

Whatever!! Pick a topic and run with it!

1. SC Peaches are better and sweeter than GA peaches. (Both the actual fruit and the women referred to as "peaches") Just for me...that Savannah girl I dated was a bitch!
2. GA has better strip bars (full nude) compared to ND. (They have billboards on I-85 before you reach Clemson!!)
3. GA Moonshine vs. ND Redeye
4. 1991 World Series (Hrbek didn't pull him off the bag)
5. Atlanta vs. Fargo (Biggest cities in each state)
6. Fracking vs. Textiles
7. Home Depot vs. Menards
8. Peanuts vs. Sugar Beets

Don't let the sequal fail like it does with movies!

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 10th, 2012, 11:11 PM

1. SC Peaches are better and sweeter than GA peaches. (Both the actual fruit and the women referred to as "peaches") Just for me...that Savannah girl I dated was a bitch!
2. GA has better strip bars (full nude) compared to ND. (They have billboards on I-85 before you reach Clemson!!)
3. GA Moonshine vs. ND Redeye
5. Atlanta vs. Fargo (Biggest cities in each state)We hate atlanta too.
6. Fracking vs. Textiles
7. Home Depot vs. Menards
8. Peanuts vs. Sugar Beets

You left out #9 GA Summer vs. ND winter. I'm still trying to figure out if I'm makign the trip or not and realized I literally have nothing to wear up there.

Southern Bison
December 10th, 2012, 11:23 PM
You left out #9 GA Summer vs. ND winter. I'm still trying to figure out if I'm makign the trip or not and realized I literally have nothing to wear up there.

I'm with you on the GA strip clubs.
I'll take Lowe's over either HD or Menards.

Honestly, you'll be inside most of the time, so it's not that big a deal unless you plan on tailgating with the Bison fans for a few hours. Of course, they'll feed and liquor you up so you'll be warm anyways.

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 10th, 2012, 11:25 PM
I'll take Lowe's over either HD or Menards.

Honestly, you'll be inside most of the time, so it's not that big a deal unless you plan on tailgating with the Bison fans for a few hours. Of course, they'll feed and liquor you up so you'll be warm anyways.
I'll agree on Lowes as well. That's what I figured. Especially since if I make it I'll be going on the charter flight/bus with GSU and I doubt that will leave much time to tailgate.

Drblankstare
December 10th, 2012, 11:54 PM
The buyout had to make up at least 100 pages on its own last year. It was glorious. Throw in some Hillbilly and Canadian jokes and there you have the rest of it.

keller625
December 11th, 2012, 12:21 AM
1. depends on where ya pick em
3. we make, you mix
5. depends on what were comparing nightlife/sports, or traffic
7.home depot
8.peanuts
9.summer

10? mule deer vs whitetails? you guys mainly have muleys up there right?

344Johnson
December 11th, 2012, 12:46 AM
11.) Fargo(the all-time great and historically/culturally accurate film) vs. Madea goes to Jail(best georgia movie ever)

We win.

BisonBabe
December 11th, 2012, 01:11 AM
1. depends on where ya pick em
3. we make, you mix
5. depends on what were comparing nightlife/sports, or traffic
7.home depot
8.peanuts
9.summer

10? mule deer vs whitetails? you guys mainly have muleys up there right?

Mule deer are more common on the Western side of the state.

Infact here is a picture of a skullpture mount of my daughters first mule buck

She got this her second year out hunting when she was 15.

Here on the east side of the state pretty much all you will see is white tail

citdog
December 11th, 2012, 01:20 AM
11.) Fargo(the all-time great and historically/culturally accurate film) vs. Madea goes to Jail(best georgia movie ever)

We win.

yeah it's madea goes to jail alright.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6bOpJ5elW8

Darlinikki150
December 11th, 2012, 01:48 AM

You can certainly bash our weather up here, but I would watch your tongue about the ladies. North Dakotas girls know how curb....

keller625
December 11th, 2012, 02:02 AM
Mule deer are more common on the Western side of the state.

Infact here is a picture of a skullpture mount of my daughters first mule buck

She got this her second year out hunting when she was 15.

Here on the east side of the state pretty much all you will see is white tail

Nice! congrats to her, shes got me beat easily.
no argument, you have us on animal sizes (body at least) cause you have to have some meat on those bones to handle yalls winter.
Skullpture,i thought that was just your clever name for a euro mount, but i looked it up and saw its a Fargo company's doing, pretty cool stuff. hopefully an eagle will bring home a bison Skullpture friday, to display on campus

GSUwinsagain
December 11th, 2012, 05:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzFEMVJElbM

Hadn't seen this one posted here yet. This will fire you up Eagle fans !

NoDak 4 Ever
December 11th, 2012, 05:42 AM

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/548687/ept_sports_mlb_experts-717452517-1298057034.jpg

gsu2583
December 11th, 2012, 05:42 AM
Do you think Coach Bohl is a Dapper Dan kinda man, or does he prefer the Fop pomade?

citdog
December 11th, 2012, 06:02 AM
Do you think Coach Bohl is a Dapper Dan kinda man, or does he prefer the Fop pomade?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hni4OIJXG4&NR=1&feature=fvwp

boogereagle
December 11th, 2012, 06:20 AM
Jeeses fennin criminy not this ***** again. If I here about y'alls speed one more time I'm gonna throw up!

Well then, If I read one more thing about NDSU's apparently NFL-caliber defense I'm gonna hurl. So I guess it's pretty even, isn't it?

Bisonater, he's a hater. He's no Gator. He's the Bisonater.

BisonBabe
December 11th, 2012, 06:21 AM
Nice! congrats to her, shes got me beat easily.
no argument, you have us on animal sizes (body at least) cause you have to have some meat on those bones to handle yalls winter.
Skullpture,i thought that was just your clever name for a euro mount, but i looked it up and saw its a Fargo company's doing, pretty cool stuff. hopefully an eagle will bring home a bison Skullpture friday, to display on campus

Yes it is a skullpture as the skull is nickle plated and the base is bronzed. Our daughter wanted to leave the antlers natural.

Gil Dobie
December 11th, 2012, 06:41 AM
"I intend to make Georgia howl."
-William Tecumseh Sherman

"I have always said I would not have been President had it not been for my experience in North Dakota."
-Teddy Roosevelt

gsu2583
December 11th, 2012, 06:50 AM

"I have always said I would not have been President had it not been for my experience in North Dakota."
-Teddy Roosevelt

Yay 19th century!

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 11th, 2012, 07:03 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hni4OIJXG4&NR=1&feature=fvwp

Greatest part about this thread so far.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to gsu2583 again.

eaglewraith
December 11th, 2012, 07:03 AM
Yay 19th century!

And WE live in the past?

BISON Thunder
December 11th, 2012, 07:16 AM
And WE live in the past?

Whigs or Tories?

gsu2583
December 11th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Did you know:

Despite their failure to convert points on NDSU, Wofford blew the Bison rushing defense's average by 200 yards.

http://i318.photobucket.com/albums/mm436/gsu2583/tumblr_m5mvniHobT1rxc156o1_500.gif

NoDak 4 Ever
December 11th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Did you know:

Despite their failure to convert points on NDSU, Wofford blew the Bison rushing defense's average by 200 yards.

http://i318.photobucket.com/albums/mm436/gsu2583/tumblr_m5mvniHobT1rxc156o1_500.gif

GSU can get 800 yds rushing for all I care. They don't go on the scoreboard.

gsu2583
December 11th, 2012, 08:54 AM

http://i318.photobucket.com/albums/mm436/gsu2583/yeah-ok_zps4509e43a.gif

gsu2583
December 11th, 2012, 09:00 AM
BTW, I nominate today as "animated GIF" day in this thread.

Professor Chaos
December 11th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Did you know:

I don't understand... if Wofford's had that many rushing yards in the game how come they weren't awarded a victory?

NDSUstudent
December 11th, 2012, 09:15 AM
I don't understand... if Wofford's had that many rushing yards in the game how come they weren't awarded a victory?

Plus NDSU's offense scored ALL the points in the game. Good or bad ;)

gsu2583
December 11th, 2012, 09:18 AM

Just sayin' if we can produce similar yardage I think it will result it more points and MAYBE a win.

It CAN be done.

DJKyR0
December 11th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Just sayin' if we can produce similar yardage I think it will result it more points and MAYBE a win.

It CAN be done.

http://i.imgur.com/RDifv.gif

...beingst it's animated GIF day, which I've spent the better part of my college career preparing for.

gsu2583
December 11th, 2012, 09:41 AM
http://i318.photobucket.com/albums/mm436/gsu2583/2yzK7_zps3009a372.gif

Gil Dobie
December 11th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Yay 19th century!

That was directed towards your newest fan Citdog :)

BisonFan02
December 11th, 2012, 11:25 AM
BTW, I nominate today as "animated GIF" day in this thread.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mecffj69Wg1qfw2dno1_400.gif

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 11th, 2012, 11:26 AM

Is that because (in honor of gif day) this is what happens in your strip clubs?

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/74ebf496-f7a0-48d0-839f-e2b4d69f46d4.gif

Drblankstare
December 11th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Ok let's talk about some real important stuff. What's better. Southern Meth vs Northern Plains Meth.... Discuss

I'm saying southern meth, how else could they all be so fast.
:D

gsu2583
December 11th, 2012, 11:44 AM
"I am the danger..."

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 11th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Ok let's talk about some real important stuff. What's better. Southern Meth vs Northern Plains Meth.... Discuss

I'm saying southern meth, how else could they all be so fast.
:D

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/meth_4f6a64_1049492.jpg

citdog
December 11th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Georgians! Remember your heritage!

http://www.allenscreations.com/images/dtc.jpg

http://www.kennesaw.com/images/kennesaw-mountain/kennesaw-georgia-soldiers.jpg

CID1990
December 11th, 2012, 11:50 AM

If GSU gets 800 yards rushing NDSU will not be advancing in the playoffs.

citdog
December 11th, 2012, 11:57 AM

Hitler said something similar about Russia and used the same tactics. He and sherman are currently sharing a villla in the war criminals section of hades. They are very much in love.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 11th, 2012, 11:57 AM
If GSU gets 800 yards rushing NDSU will not be advancing in the playoffs.

Of course they won't because they would have had to be in a horrible meteor accident for that to happen.

Southern Bison
December 11th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Did you know:

When it's a 1-dimensional offense like that, of course they're going to exceed the rushing yds allowed avg. They only attempted 8 passes and gained 64 yds through the air. GaSo did the same thing last year and ran for 186 yds and passed for 147. No one is saying that the Bison will hold you to our averages (79 run/129 pass), but we can hold you to more than ours but less than yours (409 run/60 pass).

GaSouthern
December 11th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Someone tell me, is that white guy still on Defense for NDSU from last season that had like 32 tackles even with a broken hand?

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 11th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Someone tell me, is that white guy still on Defense for NDSU from last season that had like 32 tackles even with a broken hand?
Out for the season with an injury. Knee I believe.

Southern Bison
December 11th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Colton Heagle is on IR for the year. His replacement, Bobby Ollman, has been solid this year. Same size, same drive.

GaSouthern
December 11th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Colton Heagle is on IR for the year. His replacement, Bobby Ollman, has been solid this year. Same size, same drive.

I hope he gets back to 100% health, this saturday.

deez_na
December 11th, 2012, 12:49 PM

So do I, I would love to see him out there laying your guys out like last year.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 11th, 2012, 12:49 PM

No worries, he's only a junior and didn't redshirt so he's eligible for a medical hardship. at least 1-2 more years!

GaSouthern
December 11th, 2012, 12:54 PM
So do I, I would love to see him out there laying your guys out like last year.

You missed the point

deez_na
December 11th, 2012, 12:59 PM
You missed the point

How exactly did I miss the point? You mentioned Heagle, yes this saturday but I am simply saying I do wish he was healthy and playing. Not dishing anything back towards your saturday post

GaSouthern
December 11th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Anywhoser, i'm still happy he is out, not to wish any ill will towards anyone.

BisonCM
December 11th, 2012, 01:02 PM
How exactly did I miss the point? You mentioned Heagle, yes this saturday but I am simply saying I do wish he was healthy and playing. Not dishing anything back towards your saturday post

Saturday not Friday...

deez_na
December 11th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Saturday not Friday...

lol, yeah my bad, I forgot it's a friday game. I'm at work, minds not exactly with it. :)

NoDak 4 Ever
December 11th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Anywhoser, i'm still happy he is out, not to wish any ill will towards anyone.

Yep, he's out. You can totally relax.

citdog
December 11th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Jeremy Jorgenson, Director of Broadcasting at North Dakota State will appear this evening on the FCS Wedge. Larry Weir, voice of Eastern Washington sports, will also be a guest. 7pm eastern time tonight.

AmsterBison
December 11th, 2012, 01:13 PM

You rang?

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8325/8120487108_c74fb945be.jpg

It may be an urban legend, but I've heard that if a Georgia Southern ball carrier says Colten Heagle's name five times while looking into a mirror, the Golden Eagle himself appears and hits them so hard that they get blasted into a completely different dimension, possibly one where cats wear monocles.

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 11th, 2012, 01:15 PM
You rang?

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8325/8120487108_c74fb945be.jpg

It may be an urban legend or not: But I've heard that if a Georgia Southern ball carrier says Colten Heagle's name five times while looking into a mirror, the Golden Eagle himself appears and hits them so hard that they get bumped into completely different dimension, possibly one where cats wear monocles.
Hahahahahaha! That s*** cracked me up. But yeah that's just an urban myth.

KATS_21
December 11th, 2012, 02:23 PM

I think it was 57 1/2 but who's counting? Dont worry GaSo, they replaced that white guy with another white guy.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 11th, 2012, 02:25 PM
I think it was 57 1/2 but who's counting? Dont worry GaSo, they replaced that white guy with another white guy.

Got plenty of 'em

bisonnation
December 11th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Out for the season with an injury. Knee I believe.

We lost him in week 2 and surprisingly we haven't missed a beat. The good news is he played as a true freshman and should get a medical waiver so he's likely around for 2 more years instead of 1

Twentysix
December 11th, 2012, 03:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5C5QgZeHKQ&feature=player_embedded

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 11th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Cannot wait for friday.

Shut GSU pie-holes up for another year....

gsu2583
December 11th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Cannot wait for friday.

You mean to say "forever."

Eagle11
December 11th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Cannot wait for friday.

The problem is, I haven't seen much of GSU talking ****. Most are reiterating the fact that NDSU is the end all be all of college football.

Kind of ironic that your fans want to "shut our fans up."

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 11th, 2012, 04:45 PM
The problem is, I haven't seen much of GSU talking ****. Most are reiterating the fact that NDSU is the end all be all of college football.

Kind of ironic that your fans want to "shut our fans up."

Yep, go with that.......

EagleForever
December 11th, 2012, 05:05 PM

We win.

What about "Deliverance"? Thought I'd throw that out there before someone else did! LOL

xcoach2
December 11th, 2012, 05:08 PM
What about "Deliverance"? Thought I'd throw that out there before someone else did! LOL

Gone with the Wind ldo.

BisonBacker
December 11th, 2012, 05:15 PM
You mean to say "forever."

Still sorry to see you guys leaving FCS!!

keller625
December 11th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Not like it is ANYTHING close to the Fargo dome, but i was just over by our stadium where it appeared we were practicing and blasting crowd noise in. It must suck to live in the dorms or houses by the stadium now (given its finals week and all)

Green1
December 11th, 2012, 05:58 PM
I don't know how these student-athletes do it. Finals and game prep for a playoff football game, all in a short week. Whew. No time conflicts there.....

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 11th, 2012, 06:31 PM
This thread seems to be running out of steam and its only Tuesday...Bison ****ers and rednecks come out and play!

woffordgrad94
December 11th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Just my two cents...

GSU has a good bit more speed on offense than Wofford. But the speed of the Bison D will help neutralize some of that. And it will help NDSU to have faced another option team in Wofford the week before, even if the Terrier and Eagle options aren't quite the same.

The GSU defense, while good, is probably not quite as stout as Wofford's D.

Special teams have been an issue for GSU at times.

Considering everything, I think NDSU will move the ball more effectively than the Eagles. I have to go with the Bison at home in another lower-scoring game. I'll say 24-13.

Wilson16
December 11th, 2012, 09:37 PM

We have white guys??

Southern Bison
December 11th, 2012, 10:19 PM
This thread seems to be running out of steam and its only Tuesday...Bison ****ers and rednecks come out and play!

Hell, I tried with 8 different topics but ya'll stuck to your pussy-eatin' ways.

woffordgrad94
December 11th, 2012, 10:29 PM
Hell, I tried with 8 different topics but ya'll stuck to your pussy-eatin' ways.

At least that's better than them sticking to wiener suckin' ways!

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 11th, 2012, 10:30 PM

Sorry there was a Tuesday buffet.

Southern Bison
December 11th, 2012, 10:30 PM
At least that's better than having them sick to wiener suckin' ways!

You are what you eat...and I wasn't going to single out GaSo in my comment...but apparently you did.

woffordgrad94
December 11th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Sorry there was a Tuesday buffet.

Hell yeah on that!

This thread is officially shot to hell now.

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 11th, 2012, 10:32 PM
At least that's better than them sticking to wiener suckin' ways!

I'll leave that to the boys at Wofford Bisonville already has a thread on it.. http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?29199-Caption-This-Wofford-Edition-take-2

Southern Bison
December 11th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Okay GATA, is there anything we can discuss that will help this thread reach legen-------wait for it------dary status?

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 11th, 2012, 10:35 PM
Okay GATA, is there anything we can discuss that will help this thread reach legen-------wait for it------dary status?

Probably that show actually. He's legen----------Daddy! (saw that one earlier for the 43rd time)

woffordgrad94
December 11th, 2012, 10:37 PM
I'll leave that to the boys at Wofford Bisonville already has a thread on it.. http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?29199-Caption-This-Wofford-Edition-take-2

I'm not gonna open that link as I might not like what I see. If I don't see it then it doesn't even exist in my mind.

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 11th, 2012, 10:37 PM
I'm not gonna open that link as I might not like what I see. If I don't see it then it doesn't even exist in my mind.

At least you're not a JMU band fan playin soggy biscuit.

Southern Bison
December 11th, 2012, 10:38 PM

Lemme just say, your eyes will thank me by telling you not to click on that link.

Southern Bison
December 11th, 2012, 10:39 PM
At least you're not a JMU band fan playin soggy biscuit.

soggy biscuit? What is this, Church's chicken?

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 11th, 2012, 10:40 PM
soggy biscuit? What is this, Church's chicken?
Don't act like you Bizon boys didn't play this one growing up http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=soggy%20biscuit

**Sorry in advance for that one. Just too easy with the JMU thing.

Southern Bison
December 11th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Don't act like you Bizon boys didn't play this one growing up http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=soggy%20biscuit

**Sorry in advance for that one. Just too easy with the JMU thing.

Wrong on so many levels. Don't try to deflect the GaSo freshman dorm rituals onto the schools you wish you were.

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 11th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Wrong on so many levels. Don't try to deflect the GaSo freshman dorm rituals onto the schools you wish you were.
I just want to know how you can possibly be that f****** bored to come up with something on that level.

Southern Bison
December 11th, 2012, 10:46 PM
I just want to know how you can possibly be that f****** bored to come up with something on that level.

Not bored...I have a 12-pack of High Life coursing through my veins tonight since I don't have any meetings in the morning tomorrow. Besides, I've been to GaSo's campus and I can only assume after seeing ya'll bend over in '06 & '11.

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 11th, 2012, 10:49 PM
Not bored...I have a 12-pack of High Life coursing through my veins tonight since I don't have any meetings in the morning tomorrow. Besides, I've been to GaSo and seen it first-hand...

I didn't mean you in particular, I meant whoever "invented" that activity. Jealous of the 12 pack part of your statement, not so much the High Life. I'd be right with you if it wasn't for damn finals.

Southern Bison
December 11th, 2012, 10:51 PM
I didn't mean you in particular, I meant whoever "invented" that activity. Jealous of the 12 pack part of your statement, not so much the High Life. I'd be right with you if it wasn't for damn finals.

Holy crap...do you need someone that's 21 to buy you a case of beer?

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 11th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Holy crap...do you need someone that's 21 to buy you a case of beer?

Oh no, I just have to be up early in the morning for a final. You know that thing professors give at the end of semesters, ah never mind :D
Besides its legal down here at 12. We ain't real good with them numbers.

woffordgrad94
December 11th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Oh no, I just have to be up early in the morning for a final. You know that thing professors give at the end of semesters, ah never mind :D
Besides its legal down here at 12. We ain't real good with them numbers.

Well young man, you need to be studying right now, not farting around on this message board.