PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Southern @ North Dakota State

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Southern Swarm
December 8th, 2012, 11:58 PM
I am one of the ones that believe the first game was a whipping. The score might have been 35-7 last year, but that was a 1 score game.

Were you there?
Can't say that I was... where you? If so you would have attended a GSU game before I so much as became an Alumni which in my mind is pretty funny. I'd followed Southern before then but my family was more NFL centric (ie Falcon season tix holders)

gt_bison
December 8th, 2012, 11:59 PM
I know that there are 650 alumni in the Carolinas and more than that in Del/Mar/VA. Add in the other states within 6-8 hrs and we could represent on the East Coast rather well...better than 1/2 the FBS schools that would travel that distance for a game. At the same time, it opens up the potential for a HS star in the region to take notice of NDSU and perhaps reach out to Bohl for a spot on a future roster.

I just don't see that being enough to sway an AD in that part of the country to schedule NDSU. They know our record against FBS opponents, which already makes them leery, and if you're only talking about helping them sell maybe 1000 or 1500 tickets, it's probably not enough reward for the risk they take on. FCS games are ways for most FBS ADs to buy a win, and they want to lose as little money as possible doing it. Their own fans don't want to go to those games, so they try to pick FCS programs who will turn up with good numbers. I'd like to see it (as divided as my loyalties would be if NDSU played in Bobby Dodd Stadium, I'd be excited for the matchup), but I just don't see it being realistic. Best shot will probably be against teams in the region moving up from FCS to FBS, as they'll likely be looking for some games.

Southern Swarm
After watching Heinicke again today, my only thought is why isn't he getting a full-ride with an FBS program?

Wouldn't be surprised at all if he found his way onto an NFL roster. Somebodies going to give this guy a shot even if it's just in the preseason. (and sometimes that's all it takes)

word
Well again your not going to get alot of AQ respect points from me (not that you care :p) for beating lower tier FBS teams. While SOCON teams play the AQ teams the other conferences tend to avoid it like the plague (mad props to Sam Houston by the way scheduling two)

Good for you, you guys get hammered by SEC teams. You want a lollipop? Long story short the only team you have left is the eagles coming to our house. Yeah i'm happy for you. You have a great squad, if we lose; we lost to a great team. Your conference is still struggling. Might as well go FBS....hahah good luck in the Meineke Brautwurst Lincoln Brakes bowl

word
December 9th, 2012, 12:03 AM
Wouldn't be surprised at all if he found his way onto an NFL roster. Somebodies going to give this guy a shot even if it's just in the preseason. (and sometimes that's all it takes)

Can we let the guy have his last year in FBS first....I don't think he's coming out after his junior year.

Southern Swarm
December 9th, 2012, 12:04 AM
Good for you, you guys get hammered by SEC teams. You want a lollipop? Long story short the only team you have left is the eagles coming to our house. Yeah i'm happy for you. You have a great squad, if we lose; we lost to a great team. Your conference is still struggling. Might as well go FBS....hahah good luck in the Meineke Brautwurst Lincoln Brakes bowl

Well that's the thing we could've been hammerd but we weren't, sure it's a fair argument that those teams might not've been playing as hard as they could've been (I'll disagree for the most part when it came to Bama no way they "let" us hang around for three qtrs) but I guess the crux of my argument is that I'd love to have the schedule that you do. It might be you coming to our house instead and that's a whole different ball game in the playoffs.

Southern Swarm
December 9th, 2012, 12:06 AM
Can we let the guy have his last year in FBS first....I don't think he's coming out after his junior year.
Well this wouldn't be a bad class for him to come out (was he red shirted?) considering how weak the QB field is. But in the long run he's still developing his game (scary right?) and I don't think he's ready to be thrown to the wolves.

HartleysHuddle
December 9th, 2012, 12:12 AM
Go Georgia Southern! The best damn college football fans I met this year, besides Jackrabbit fans. If you're making that trek north from Georgia and stopping by Brookings, send me a message. I've got some Eagle gear I plan on wearing this week. Hopefully this'll be a hell of a game! It's finals week and I hear Cubbys will be a rockin'

word
December 9th, 2012, 12:13 AM
You pose multiple points. Tyler is playing for a team that plays against no defense. Of course he can throw for a lot of yards. Fact is, his team is done. Another fact is that you lost to the Citadel. We lost to Illinois St. Facts again are that they were in the quarterfinals, the Citadel was not.

Fact: Geogia Southern is a great team. They've been in the semis for 3 straight years if i'm not mistaken.

Fact: NDSU is 2-0 against Georgia Southern

Fact: Georgia Southern knows exactly what the Fargodome is after lsast year.

Fact: It will be an awesome game between 2 storied programs.

Fact: The winner of this game plays Sam Houston St.

word
December 9th, 2012, 12:16 AM
Go Georgia Southern! The best damn college football fans I met this year, besides Jackrabbit fans. If you're making that trek north from Georgia and stopping by Brookings, send me a message. I've got some Eagle gear I plan on wearing this week. Hopefully this'll be a hell of a game! It's finals week and I hear Cubbys will be a rockin'

How have you met other fans? This was the jackrabbits 3rd time in the playoffs in forever...

Southern Bison
December 9th, 2012, 12:18 AM
I just don't see that being enough to sway an AD in that part of the country to schedule NDSU. They know our record against FBS opponents, which already makes them leery, and if you're only talking about helping them sell maybe 1000 or 1500 tickets, it's probably not enough reward for the risk they take on. FCS games are ways for most FBS ADs to buy a win, and they want to lose as little money as possible doing it. Their own fans don't want to go to those games, so they try to pick FCS programs who will turn up with good numbers. I'd like to see it (as divided as my loyalties would be if NDSU played in Bobby Dodd Stadium, I'd be excited for the matchup), but I just don't see it being realistic. Best shot will probably be against teams in the region moving up from FCS to FBS, as they'll likely be looking for some games.

I don't disagree with what other FBS ADs may be thinking when they look at NDSU as a potential opponent, but from the standpoint of $$, we could accept a lower amount due to how financially strong the program has become. To be factual, how many of our FBS wins have been against teams that ended up with a winning record that year? CSU was 4-8 this year, Minnesota (3-9, 2011) Kansas (3-9, 2010) and so on. I want to see us take that next step and go after the 6-6 or 7-5 team from the year before and after we've won 8 out of 10 from that caliber, let's go after that 9 or 10 win team and see what happens. I know we have K-State next year, but is that a 1 & done contract?

HartleysHuddle
December 9th, 2012, 12:18 AM
How have you met other fans? This was the jackrabbits 3rd time in the playoffs in forever...

Because I lived in the south from August through the beginning of November? Because I maybe saw 11 different college football games at the FCS level this year?

Southern Swarm
December 9th, 2012, 12:22 AM
You pose multiple points. Tyler is playing for a team that plays against no defense. Of course he can throw for a lot of yards. Fact is, his team is done. Another fact is that you lost to the Citadel. We lost to Illinois St. Facts again are that they were in the quarterfinals, the Citadel was not.

Fact: Geogia Southern is a great team. They've been in the semis for 3 straight years if i'm not mistaken.

Can't argue with any of that but in my mind there's an asterisk as to how relevant the 2-0 is. In 2006 we had different coaching staffs (at least on our end). certainly different players, we didn't run the triple option and we we're just pretty freaking bad that year.

Last year is fair game but 2006 had absolutely no bearing on Friday other than a footnote.

word
December 9th, 2012, 12:24 AM
Because I lived in the south from August through the beginning of November? Because I maybe saw 11 different college football games at the FCS level this year?

Seems made up jackrabbit....

Baldy
December 9th, 2012, 12:24 AM
sorry....southern jorja
It's OK, we don't expect Canadians to know that much about US geography. :D

word
December 9th, 2012, 12:25 AM
Can't argue with any of that but in my mind there's an asterisk as to how relevant the 2-0 is. In 2006 we had different coaching staffs (at least on our end). certainly different players, we didn't run the triple option and we we're just pretty freaking bad that year.

Last year is fair game but 2006 had absolutely no bearing on Friday other than a footnote.

I agreed....I only think we were probably 1 score better than you last year.

I was just putting facts out there. ( although about half of them were real facts)

word
December 9th, 2012, 12:27 AM
It's OK, we don't expect Canadians to know that much about US geography. :D

Oh, your so cute. Education is not something your known for.

word
December 9th, 2012, 12:31 AM
http://youtu.be/kVxmD03D7Ro

word
December 9th, 2012, 12:33 AM
That was for baldy, At least swarm knows his stuff.

citdog
December 9th, 2012, 12:35 AM

where is ursus the grammar nazi when you need him?

Southern Swarm
December 9th, 2012, 12:36 AM
That was for baldy, At least swarm knows his stuff.
I manged to go from perhaps "the dumbest comment ever on AGS" to someone with an apparent moderate amount of intelligence (at least more than let's say a carrot) and it only took 20 or so pages... progress I guessxlolx

word
December 9th, 2012, 12:36 AM
I miss your banter. Sorry for trying to take down the south.

word
December 9th, 2012, 12:37 AM
I manged to go from perhaps "the dumbest comment ever on ASG" to someone with an apparent moderate amount of intelligence (at least more than let's say a carrot) and it only took 20 or so pages... progress I guessxlolx

Was that a shot at yourself?

Baldy
December 9th, 2012, 12:38 AM
xlolx

Just a little advice...

If you're gonna (spelled it that way on purpose) throw around "education" smack, you should prolly (again, spelled that way on purpose) know the difference between and properly use your and you're. :)

just sayin'..... xlolx

Southern Swarm
December 9th, 2012, 12:39 AM
Was that a shot at yourself?

Yeah. I made a comment about page 2ish which in yalls defense I could have argued better and then had to spend the better part of an hour hopelessly defending it.

What's the definition of insanity again....

word
December 9th, 2012, 12:40 AM
The big question everyone is asking is...."Where the **** is Mr. Chicken?"

word
December 9th, 2012, 12:41 AM
xlolx

Just a little advice...

If you're gonna (spelled it that way on purpose) throw around "education" smack, you should prolly (again, spelled that way on purpose) know the difference between and properly use your and you're. :)

just sayin'..... xlolx

I was correct. I was singling you out. In that case the case of your and you're plays out well.

citdog
December 9th, 2012, 12:46 AM
xlolx

Just a little advice...

just sayin'..... xlolx

http://cdn.motinetwork.net/motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0909/the-sweet-sound-grammar-nazi-spelling-fail-suicide-demotivational-poster-1253827940.jpg

word
December 9th, 2012, 12:51 AM
Here is my question Citdog.....you want to seceed; texas wants to seceed; but we still have the nukes. Discuss.....

word
December 9th, 2012, 12:52 AM
Yeah. I made a comment about page 2ish which in yalls defense I could have argued better and then had to spend the better part of an hour hopelessly defending it.

What's the definition of insanity again....

"Swarm"Obviously if we find ourselves in field goals situations we're not going to win."Swarm"

I didn't read the responses, but that is a large hole you dug yourself.

Baldy
December 9th, 2012, 12:55 AM
I was correct. I was singling you out. In that case the case of your and you're plays out well.
xlolx

Ummmmm, no.
I'm (I am) no grammar nazi, but I just couldn't (could not) let that slide.
Your is a possessive pronoun...as in your car, your house, your phone.

You're is a contraction of you are...as in you are (you're) crazy if you think, "Education is not something your (i.e. you are, you're) known for" is correct grammar. xeyebrowx

Lord, this is gonna be fun. xlolx xthumbsupx

word
December 9th, 2012, 01:01 AM
Agreed. Are you swinging up this week? I owe you a drink.

citdog
December 9th, 2012, 01:26 AM
Here is my question Citdog.....you want to seceed; texas wants to seceed; but we still have the nukes. Discuss.....

We'll give them a YELL and the COLD STEEL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssLMroT2euQ

Southern Swarm
December 9th, 2012, 01:26 AM
Sure wish we had Robert Brown though. Hopefully Swope heals up this week too. I don't see a path to victory if he doesn't go off.

word
December 9th, 2012, 01:28 AM
Most of your team has been to the dome now though. They know they can't make calls at the line. It gets real loud.....

Twentysix
December 9th, 2012, 01:32 AM
I feel like their was one play, I believe 3rd down, on Woffords 2nd to last series or perhaps the one before; in which the dome reached a new level when it comes to noise. It was not replicated before or after that down. I wish I had a db reading from that play, maybe it just had to do with where I was sitting.

Twentysix
December 9th, 2012, 01:37 AM
This game is on ESPN2 friday at 7pm central. If it hasn't already been mentioned.

word
December 9th, 2012, 01:40 AM
http://youtu.be/X7n6QQGuob4

Vitojr130
December 9th, 2012, 03:02 AM

I agreed....I only think we were probably 1 score better than you last year.

I was just putting facts out there. ( although about half of them were real facts)

xblahxxbangxxbandwagonx

And I thought we were rid of the Mpls/Lakes folks....

word
December 9th, 2012, 03:24 AM
Glad you did all that work. Good for you.

High five...dip*****

Texas
December 9th, 2012, 03:33 AM
Glad you did all that work. Good for you.

High five...dip*****
You do know there is a multi-quote button right? Not much work/effort at all.

word
December 9th, 2012, 03:40 AM
You do know there is a multi-quote button right? Not much work/effort at all.

My 2nd statement still stands.

Eaglesrus
December 9th, 2012, 05:25 AM
So with it being a Friday game who all is going to be coming to Fargo from GSU this time? We enjoyed the company of some of your fan base last year too bad we won't be able to watch a game at BBWs the night before. The bar got loud with the chants from both teams fans.

Not me this year, unfortunately. Couple 6 road trips already this season with a Friday night game immediately following the longest of those road trips and it ain't happening for me. I'm sure there will be more able replacements, however. Y'all have fun!

Eaglesrus
December 9th, 2012, 05:44 AM

I can vouch for him, I'm happy to say that he was at our tailgate before one of our games this season.

gsu2583
December 9th, 2012, 07:11 AM
That's what my post is saying, stats are worse than lies.

Then don't talk about your 2-0 record vs GSU...

No_Skill
December 9th, 2012, 07:24 AM

I can't let this go...we didn't lose to Illinois St.

We lost to Indiana St.

X-Factor
December 9th, 2012, 07:27 AM

We lost to Indiana St.

I believe word is an App fan. App lost to redbirds in the 2nd round

gsu2583
December 9th, 2012, 07:27 AM

We lost to Indiana St.

Aren't Illinois and Indiana the same state anyway?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2012, 07:28 AM
After watching some of the GSU/ODU game yesterday, I have to say that the GSU QB this year is better than the one from last year. Having said that, I think the Bison will actually have an easier time defending this option attack compared to Wofford's.

GSU runs the QB and RB more compared to Wofford. NDSU's speed at LB will definitely help when they try to get to the edge. IMO, it will not be a 35-7 Bison win but the Bison will still win. GSU's defense is not even close to Wofford's.

blueballs
December 9th, 2012, 07:45 AM
GSU's defense is not even close to Wofford's.

Actually GSU's defensive results against same opponents are remarkably similar to Wofford's... also, if you go back and compare the results of GSU/Wofford vs. NDSU/Wofford the overall statistics and outcome are strikingly similar. Wofford didn't score a TD against GSU either and GSU got more going offensively- especially the last 20 minutes of the game- than NDSU did against Wofford.

I think a fun question to ask is this: Who will benefit the most from yesterday's game film? Does NDSU benefit more because they've defended the option based attack with consecutive weeks to prepare or does GSU benefit because they see how NDSU defended Wofford and coupled with the film from last year is able to formulate a good plan?

If you go back to Oct 13 and look at the schedule you'll see that GSU has played 4 conference (I know ODU wasn't recognized as such but they had the best record in the CAA) champions, UTC (winning record) on the road, and at SEC East champ UGA. They've not had it easy yet they've perservered to this point. Those kids are battle tested and tough.

IMO Friday night will be an all out war between two darned good programs and teams. Emerging power vs. traditional power, if you will.

It will be a good showcase game for FCS and the two programs in prime time on national TV.

gsu2583
December 9th, 2012, 07:47 AM
After watching some of the GSU/ODU game yesterday, I have to say that the GSU QB this year is better than the one from last year. Having said that, I think the Bison will actually have an easier time defending this option attack compared to Wofford's. GSU runs the QB and RB more compared to Wofford. NDSU's speed at LB will definitely help when they try to get to the edge. IMO, it will not be a 35-7 Bison win but the Bison will still win. GSU's defense is not even close to Wofford's.

Better in some ways, worse in others. Not as good decision making skills, but physical talent makes up for that. Runs way better. Doesn't throw as well. Last year, as I have said before, I think we went into 'panic mode' too early and started throwing too much too soon.

In the last few games, we have been doing a lot better job of sustaining our perimeter blocks, so that has helped the pitches/runs to the edge.

darell1976
December 9th, 2012, 08:05 AM
With NDSU's defense as strong as ever I wonder if the FBS offers will be lingering for your defensive Coordinator along with Bohl. I know Nebraska could sure use one after giving up 70 points to Wisconsin. I bet NU is kicking themselves for letting Bohl get away.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Actually GSU's defensive results against same opponents are remarkably similar to Wofford's... also, if you go back and compare the results of GSU/Wofford vs. NDSU/Wofford the overall statistics and outcome are strikingly similar. Wofford didn't score a TD against GSU either and GSU got more going offensively- especially the last 20 minutes of the game- than NDSU did against Wofford.

I think a fun question to ask is this: Who will benefit the most from yesterday's game film? Does NDSU benefit more because they've defended the option based attack with consecutive weeks to prepare or does GSU benefit because they see how NDSU defended Wofford and coupled with the film from last year is able to formulate a good plan?

If you go back to Oct 13 and look at the schedule you'll see that GSU has played 4 conference (I know ODU wasn't recognized as such but they had the best record in the CAA) champions, UTC (winning record) on the road, and at SEC East champ UGA. They've not had it easy yet they've perservered to this point. Those kids are battle tested and tough.

IMO Friday night will be an all out war between two darned good programs and teams. Emerging power vs. traditional power, if you will.

It will be a good showcase game for FCS and the two programs in prime time on national TV.

Oh, I agree.

ODU is a totally different animal compared to NDSU as far as an offensive scheme. Heinicke throws the ball all over the field. NDSU will run right at you and throw in some play-action pass.

Wofford's defense was very good. I just think the Bison can pass on the Eagles after watching ODU pass on them.

One thing is for sure, you know what is coming with both teams. No secrets. "You know what I'm going to do.....now just try and stop me"

GSUwinsagain
December 9th, 2012, 08:19 AM
I am looking forward to this great game. NDSU is a great team with a smothering defense and I give them a ton of respect, the Fargo dome is an amazing home field advantage, but I think this Eagle team has a "bad case of the wants" and will not break like last years team. I hope both teams are healthy and ready to play as this one is gonna good.

Baldy
December 9th, 2012, 08:26 AM
GSU's defense is not even close to Wofford's.
xlolx

You're going to be surprised.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2012, 08:26 AM
In the playoffs NDSU has played 2 of the top 10 defenses in the country. These two defenses are giving up 16.5 ppg average. Against SDSU it was 28 pts against Wofford it was 14 so those are kind of a wash.

GSU has played #39 UCA with 22.5 ppg and #74 ODU with almost 29 ppg. Those totals were 24 and 49. Hardly surprising.

NDSU is scoring 21 ppg against the best defenses and giving up 0 ppg on defense.

GSU is scoring 36.5 against worse defenses and giving up 25.5

I think if NDSU can score 14 on Wofford and 28 on SDSU, they can score 21-28 on GSU and give up 7 (the only reason I don't say 7-10 is because I don't think they'll even bring their placekicker).

gsu2583
December 9th, 2012, 08:43 AM
In the playoffs NDSU has played 2 of the top 10 defenses in the country. These two defenses are giving up 16.5 ppg average. Against SDSU it was 28 pts against Wofford it was 14 so those are kind of a wash.

GSU has played #39 UCA with 22.5 ppg and #74 ODU with almost 29 ppg. Those totals were 24 and 49. Hardly surprising.

NDSU is scoring 21 ppg against the best defenses and giving up 0 ppg on defense.

GSU is scoring 36.5 against worse defenses and giving up 25.5

I think if NDSU can score 14 on Wofford and 28 on SDSU, they can score 21-28 on GSU and give up 7 (the only reason I don't say 7-10 is because I don't think they'll even bring their placekicker).

Good assessment. Though I think we score more than 7.

Terrierforlife
December 9th, 2012, 08:50 AM
I feel that this will be a great game. GSU's offense is more explosive than ours (Wofford) and very physical up front. Their defense is also stout against the run. Against the pass.... not so much. NDSU very stout defense also. There offense is solid. I don't expect the game to be anything like last years. Monken does a good job of film watching when it comes to teams that play Wofford and adjusts incredibly well. His gameplan will be the difference maker. I'll be watching. Rep the SOCON well Eagles!!!!!

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 9th, 2012, 08:55 AM
For those that think Wofford's defense is SO much better than GSU's, I would ask you to consider the OOC competition...the main thing creating the statistical gap between the defenes is passing defense on the year. Both GSU and Wofford are suspect against the pass, and we clearly have faced superior passing teams across the board OOC.

GSU: Jacksonville, Howard, Georgia, Central Arkansas, ODU
Wofford: Lincoln, Gardner-Webb, South Carolina, New Hampshire, NDSU

In terms of passing offense...
UGA>USC
ODU>New Hampshire
Central Arkansas >> NDSU
Gardner-Webb > Jacksonville
Howard > Lincoln

AmsterBison
December 9th, 2012, 08:58 AM
I watched the Georgia Southern v ODU and even though I thought ODU would be a better matchup for NDSU, I found myself cheering hard for Georgia Southern... watching the option run that well must have triggered an atavistic episode (in that, from the way I was yelling at the TV, you'd have thought I was in the student section at old Dacotah Field back in the '80s.)

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Good assessment. Though I think we score more than 7.

The reason I say 7 is because there are two things at work.

The Bison are just flat out in beast mode on defense in the playoffs, moreso than last year.

I see just as many turnover on downs this year as I do last. No FG's means lots of 4th down attempts and I see a lot of the same things as last year. Make no mistake, Wofford's success came from having a gigantic bruising back that cannot be tackled one on one. See what happened on the perimeter on plays without him.

GSUwinsagain
December 9th, 2012, 09:29 AM
I feel that this will be a great game. GSU's offense is more explosive than ours (Wofford) and very physical up front. Their defense is also stout against the run. Against the pass.... not so much. NDSU very stout defense also. There offense is solid. I don't expect the game to be anything like last years. Monken does a good job of film watching when it comes to teams that play Wofford and adjusts incredibly well. His gameplan will be the difference maker. I'll be watching. Rep the SOCON well Eagles!!!!!

First of all, congratulations on a great season. I have a ton of respect for Wofford, you guys are so darn tough. Thanks, we will try our best to represent the Socon. We have a tough road ahead, but the mighty Bison are beatable. We will have to win the turnover battle and keep our composure, but I think we have the team to do it !

Drblankstare
December 9th, 2012, 09:30 AM
I just woke up and this thing is at 32 pages already. Good lord:D

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2012, 09:33 AM
xlolx

You're going to be surprised.

We'll find out on Fri.

December 9th, 2012, 09:39 AM
It is interesting to see a different perspective than last year when the Bison were picked to LOSE every post season game they were in. This year they seem picked to win every game and also have a target on their backs as defending Champions. So far the Bison are handling any pressure from that...... I think they will continue to do so.
But dont fool yourself every team left at this point is a good team. Its just that the Bison are the best of the lot.

steelr7
December 9th, 2012, 09:42 AM
I wonder how may time the words...'last year'...will be said in this thread?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2012, 09:44 AM
I wonder how may time the words...'last year'...will be said in this thread?

Since the coaches, venue and almost all the players will be the same. It's pretty justified.

In the run up to the game last time, all that was talked about was how we weren't ready for such a unique and daunting offense and speed and blah blah blah.

Now we have some empirical evidence.

gsu2583
December 9th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Now we have some empirical evidence.

I expect NDSU to show up wearing lab coats and protective goggles, since, ya know, there is a predictable outcome.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2012, 09:59 AM
I expect NDSU to show up wearing lab coats and protective goggles, since, ya know, there is a predictable outcome.

I'm sorry, are my words too big for you? This is a college football board so I thought maybe some people went to college.

gsu2583
December 9th, 2012, 10:00 AM
I'm sorry, are my words too big for you? This is a college football board so I thought maybe some people went to college.

I did, but unlike you, I didn't get a terminal degree Asshattery...

GSUsTALON
December 9th, 2012, 10:04 AM
The addition of a new qb to GSUs offense really gives us back all three phases of the triple option & coming from 14 points down at the beginning of the 4th against ODU and winning by 14 points at the end shows that GSU has quick strike capabilities even though we are a ground attack team.( 600 yards of rushing) The only thing that bothers me about the NDSU game this time is that they had a tutorial game against a good option team before meeting GSU which is priceless for preparation against GSU. But then again Wofford is not GSU.Hats off to the 2011 National Champion NDSU but this is a different GSU team and its 2012.

gsu2583
December 9th, 2012, 10:10 AM
The addition of a new qb to GSUs offense really gives us back all three phases of the triple option & coming from 14 points down at the beginning of the 4th against ODU and winning by 14 points at the end shows that GSU has quick strike capabilities even though we are a ground attack team.( 600 yards of rushing) The only thing that bothers me about the NDSU game this time is that they had a tutorial game against a good option team before meeting GSU which is priceless for preparation against GSU. But then again Wofford is not GSU.Hats off to the 2011 National Champion NDSU but this is a different GSU team and its 2012.

I already covered this. They still don't care. We could have Tebow or Cam and they would treat this matchup the same.

Blue Eagle
December 9th, 2012, 10:10 AM
"Originally Posted by Bison Fan in NW MN

GSU's defense is not even close to Wofford's"

If you believe that you must have been drinking some of that North Dakota oil.

Against the run the Eagles have been outstanding. I can't remember a team that has effectively run against them. Even Georgia with their two outstanding freshman running backs had to rely on their passing to win.

The pass defense has been inconsistent to say the least. I realize it's ridiculous for me to think I know more than the defensive coordinator but at times it has really seemed that way. I think the problems we have in pass defense has been more coaching related than our players. I think when the defensive coordinator puts them in the right defense they play well as in the 4th quarter against ODU.

GABison
December 9th, 2012, 10:12 AM
GSU should be favored in this one. They were the last playoff team to score an offensive touchdown on us.;)

NoDak 4 Ever

I'm pretty sure we are going to see 5 more days of "Shampoo is better" "Conditioner is better" but let me offer this.

Colton Heagle got all the tackles last year because they ran it out there all the time.

Grant Olson got all the tackles yesterday because they ran it to him all the time.

Assignment football is assignment football. To a man, every Bison defender is capable of making the play. That is why it doesn't matter who the opponent is, you aren't getting in that end zone.

THE HERD
Their defense probably is better than ours, but it should be pointed out that your offense ain't ODU's. Not even close. Sorry.

Our offense wasn't no ODU'S last year either. Granted our O is no juggernaut, but our offense is statiscally better than last years O.

gsu2583
December 9th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Didn't an NDSU fan say stats were worse than lies or something like that?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2012, 10:17 AM

Against the run the Eagles have been outstanding. I can't remember a team that has effectively run against them. Even Georgia with their two outstanding freshman running backs had to rely on their passing to win.

The pass defense has been inconsistent to say the least. I realize it's ridiculous for me to think I know more than the defensive coordinator but at times it has really seemed that way. I think the problems we have in pass defense has been more coaching related than our players. I think when the defensive coordinator puts them in the right defense they play well as in the 4th quarter against ODU.

Wofford's defense is ranked #9 in the FCS, GSU's #41. Wofford gives up 305 and GSU gives up 349.

Having seen both this year....Wofford's is a lot better.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2012, 10:18 AM

actually statistically, the GSU rush defense is giving up about 10 more yds than Wofford 131 to 121. Pretty much the same with total defense 330/309

The sneaky stat is NDSU's total offense. 381 ypg and almost 35 ppg. This isn't a bad offense by any stretch of the imagination.

I would be just fine if NDSU had 300 ypg and scored the 21 ppg that GSU is giving up.

GSUsTALON
December 9th, 2012, 10:21 AM
I already covered this. They still don't care. We could have Tebow or Cam and they would treat this matchup the same.

Sorry gsu2583 I didnt read all 33 pages before I posted. I hope that the NDSU squad does think that they are playing the 2011 team again.

gsu2583
December 9th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Sorry gsu2583 I didnt read all 33 pages before I posted. I hope that the NDSU squad does think that they are playing the 2011 team again.

Wasn't trying to bring you down there. Just making the point that regardless of personnel, records, phases of the moon they pretty much believe they have this one already in the bag.

THE HERD
December 9th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Yeah that's the thing.

I feel like we match up to NDSU's strength's much better than we did ODU.If it wasn't for the fact that we got licked last year I actually think we might even be slightly favored (or at least a road toss up). As it is we know we're in for a tough one. Monken's going to have these boys taking these Bison's much more seriously than we did last year, when we we're too busy lamenting that we didn't have another home game and not focusing on the Semis.

So your telling me you underestimated the team you were playing in the national semifinals?! Unless your a moron you dont overlook anyone at that point in the playoffs, so that excuse doesn't pass the smell test.

swaghook
December 9th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Fans are fans they will banter and add their 2 cents and more in this thread. The coaches and players on the other hand will be preparing for the game based upon what they have seen from the opposing teams. GSU has a great team with an excellent offensive scheme. I'm sure the D is no slouch either. NDSU has a exceptional D beyond just great IMO. The O is solid and gets the job done some think it is not that fabulous because we are not an ODU or EWU throwing the ball down field for quick strikes and moving the chains fast and furious. That is not our O's game plan our O is not much different in tactics then that of a TO team we methodically move the ball down the field all the while burning away the time clock. This game is IMO going to be just as difficult to win as the national championship game if not more so. I look forward to Friday night.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Wasn't trying to bring you down there. Just making the point that regardless of personnel, records, phases of the moon they pretty much believe they have this one already in the bag.

I'm just trying to figure out how the statistical performance of these two teams this year, plus the nullification of the mystery of the TO leads you to think that something other than "magic" is going to beat the Bison.

gsu2583
December 9th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Fans are fans they will banter and add their 2 cents and more in this thread. The coaches and players on the other hand will be preparing for the game based upon what they have seen from the opposing teams. GSU has a great team with an excellent offensive scheme. I'm sure the D is no slouch either. NDSU has a exceptional D beyond just great IMO. The O is solid and gets the job done some think it is not that fabulous because we are not an ODU or EWU throwing the ball down field for quick strikes and moving the chains fast and furious. That is not our O's game plan our O is not much different in tactics then that of a TO team we methodically move the ball down the field all the while burning away the time clock. This game is IMO going to be just as difficult to win as the national championship game if not more so. I look forward to Friday night.

True.

I said it before and I will say it again (at least 20 more times in this thread.) I think the carpet hurt us last year as much as the NDSU defense. It's a little thing, but when you aren't used to that astrosmurf, how it feels when you hit the ground, having to wear different shoes, all that I think gets into the players head a little bit. But with NDSU playing on field turf now (and playing on it two weeks in a row) that will give our players a little more confidence this year.

I hope.

marenlee
December 9th, 2012, 10:30 AM

xnodx. This. I don't understand why people take things to heart here. This is a message board where FANS banter. None of this should reflect on the teams.

blueballs
December 9th, 2012, 10:33 AM

Yepper Swag... two teams built on establishing the run and stopping the run, should be a good 'un.

Big Rack
December 9th, 2012, 10:40 AM
The edge goes to NDSU in the trenches.

CommishBigSmooth
December 9th, 2012, 10:54 AM
If I bet an amount of money big enough to me to matter (not much to yours truly, sadly), I'd think it comes down to this.

How confident are you that if GSU gives up their AVERAGE points per game on the season to NDSU on Friday night (21 from the latest stats from the NCAA, and NOT including yesterday's game) that they will win?

If you do, that means you think the Bison are going to give up at least 10 points higher than their season average, at home, against a team and offensive style they know well.

I can see changing the equation via turnovers, like what happened against Indiana State to NDSU, but you have to consider how unlikely that is to occur again. The Bison only average one turnover a game, and even a pick six against Wofford couldn't beat them. Thus, can GSU score 21+ against this defense?

Cleets
December 9th, 2012, 10:57 AM
When it's 4th and 5 from the 15 yard line...
and you can't put what should be an automatic 3 on the board
That adds up over 4 quarters

If GSU could actually kick field goals that ODU game isn't "right down the the wire"
GSU would have won that fairly easily - or - certainly in a more "relaxed" fashion
Haveing to play an entire game where every possession is 4 down territory is tough going and stressful for the team - it adds up

Cleets
December 9th, 2012, 10:57 AM

If GSU could actually kick field goals that ODU game isn't "right down the the wire"
GSU would have won that fairly easily - or - certainly in a more "relaxed" fashion
Haveing to play an entire game where every possession is 4 down territory is tough going and stressful for the team - it adds up

GATA
December 9th, 2012, 11:01 AM

Here's somebody who gets it.

98% of fans are morons (Sean Taylor probably the biggest). The coaching staffs and players don't look at this nonsense like the fanboys.

gsu2583
December 9th, 2012, 11:04 AM

I'm not so sure about that. The offense knows they will have to go for it on 4th down a lot. It's not an unknown quantity for us. At this point I think our O treats it as just another down.

GATA
December 9th, 2012, 11:05 AM
If I bet an amount of money big enough to me to matter (not much to yours truly, sadly), I'd think it comes down to this.

How confident are you that if GSU gives up their AVERAGE points per game on the season to NDSU on Friday night (21 from the latest stats from the NCAA, and NOT including yesterday's game) that they will win?

If you do, that means you think the Bison are going to give up at least 10 points higher than their season average, at home, against a team and offensive style they know well.

I can see changing the equation via turnovers, like what happened against Indiana State to NDSU, but you have to consider how unlikely that is to occur again. The Bison only average one turnover a game, and even a pick six against Wofford couldn't beat them. Thus, can GSU score 21+ against this defense?

I actually think we're going to score EXACTLY 21 points. Whether that gets the job done...we'll see.

I personally think that if we don't turn the ball over we're going to win. Mind you...we turn the ball over ALOT. Which essentially goes back to my earlier statement that I think we need to play flawless on offense. We were very lucky to recover our fumbles against ODU yesterday.

So no pressure...GSU just needs to play their best offensive (mistake free) game of the year.

Objectively, I say that NDSU probably wins this matchup 75% of the time because they have a great defense and they don't beat themselves. Their consistency is what makes them dangerous. But hell...25% chance is good enough for me. We just need to get out of there with one more point than the bad guys.

seantaylor
December 9th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Aren't you the same douche who owes me $200 for the savannah State +10 bet? GATA is a guy that knows zero about the game, but will talk as if he does. Antonio Henton....

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 9th, 2012, 11:31 AM
I'm not so sure about that. The offense knows they will have to go for it on 4th down a lot. It's not an unknown quantity for us. At this point I think our O treats it as just another down.

I agree with you, it becomes a mindset and an advantage.

Cleets
December 9th, 2012, 11:50 AM
I agree with you, it becomes a mindset and an advantage.

So you're saying you didn't see that game yesterday then...
Because it HURT GSU and made a game that they should have won fairly easily / come right down to the last possession basically

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 9th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Because it HURT GSU and made a game that they should have won fairly easily / come right down to the last possession basically

I watched 3 quarters of it and saw ODU up by 2 TDs, if the GSU coach would have kicked FGs they would never have won that game (even if they made them) TDs win games and it was proven again yesterday. If you score one TD is worth more than 2 stalled drives that may result in FGs.

IMO the only time to kick a FG is with less than 10 seconds on the clock to win a game.

Its an advantage and a mindset.

Most teams only get 3 chances to get 10 yards..................they get 4

Cleets
December 9th, 2012, 11:59 AM
I watched 3 quarters of it and saw ODU up by 2 TDs, if the GSU coach would have kicked FGs they would never have won that game (even if they made them) TDs win games and it was proven again yesterday. If you score one TD is worth more than 2 stalled drives that may result in FGs.

IMO the only time to kick a FG is with less than 10 seconds on the clock to win a game.

Its an advantage and a mindset.

Most teams only get 3 chances to get 10 yards..................they get 4

Okay... now you're just talking like an idiot

GSU tuned the ball over on downs twice inside the 20 (That's 6 points)
They missed two short filed goals inside the 20 (That's 6 points)

That puts them up 12 points in the 4th quarter with the ball with 4 minutes left / instead of tied with the ball with 4 minutes left

It ain't rocket science Bro

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 9th, 2012, 12:05 PM
I think both teams have some success moving the ball but both defenses stand tall in the red zone. Yards are there but points are gonna be hard to come by. I wouldn't be surprised by 17-14 or 14-10 something along those lines. Turnovers and big defensive stops will be key for both teams.

gsu2583
December 9th, 2012, 12:06 PM

Last TWO possessions. Won by 14 son.

Drblankstare
December 9th, 2012, 12:07 PM

That puts them up 12 points in the 4th quarter with the ball with 4 minutes left / instead of tied with the ball with 4 minutes left

That's cold blooded. Logic hurts my headxrotatehx

Cleets
December 9th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Last TWO possessions. Won by 14 son.

Ha ha... right
But you were sweatin' it out the last 4 minutes
in a game that should have been IN THE BAG / Tied with 2 :30 left

gsu2583
December 9th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Ha ha... right
But you were sweatin' it out the last 4 minutes
in a game that should have been IN THE BAG / Tied with 2 :30 left

I guess NDSU won "basically" by 14 or 21?

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 9th, 2012, 12:09 PM

I agree it isnt they won by 14 points..........scoring TDs

gsu2583
December 9th, 2012, 12:09 PM
And no game is "in the bag" at this point. You best remember that...

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 9th, 2012, 12:10 PM
I guess NDSU won "basically" by 14 or 21?

Yep if by Cleets logic....Jenson doesnt throw that INT pick 6 then NDSU wins even more comfortably.......................

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 9th, 2012, 12:11 PM
And no game is "in the bag" at this point. You best remember that...

It is when you use "Cleets logic" 24 hours after the game is played.....................oh wait lets be technical here......Its only like 19 hours after the game right now.

Cleets
December 9th, 2012, 12:12 PM
I agree it isnt they won by 14 points..........scoring TDs

Dude... you don't even know what happened in the 4th quarter
or how it was very very ugly at the end
when it should have been a cake walk down the stretch

Having to go for it on 4th and 5 every time is not statistically sound football (period)
And that ***** catches up with you / Like next week against a team that stops the RUN very stoutly

gsu2583
December 9th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Dude... you don't even know what happened in the 4th quarter
or how it was very very ugly at the end
when it should have been a cake walk down the stretch

Having to go for it on 4th and 5 every time is not statistically sound football (period)
And that ***** catches up with you / Like next week against a team that stops the RUN very stoutly

We put 28 points on the board in the 4th. Which by my rudimentary math is 14 more than NDSU scored the whole game.

Clutch. I'd rather have a team that rises to the occasion than coasts on it laurels...

gsu2583
December 9th, 2012, 12:22 PM

It's HS ball, but enjoy the read...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/scorecasting/09/15/kelley.pulaski/index.html

gsu_paintballer
December 9th, 2012, 12:24 PM
We put 28 points on the board in the 4th. Which by my rudimentary math is 14 more than NDSU scored the whole game.

Clutch. I'd rather have a team that rises to the occasion than coasts on it laurels...

I'm going to need to run some calculations through my machines, but I believe your numbers are right.

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 9th, 2012, 12:26 PM
I hate it for the kid that he got hurt, but I sure am glad Heagle won't be suiting up against us. I know you guys have said you're 2 or 3 deep everywhere but man that kid was a monster last year.

Wilson16
December 9th, 2012, 12:30 PM

Id rather have the better defense

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 9th, 2012, 12:36 PM

You are entitled to your opinion. I disagree.

Also why.....if I am so dumb and a troll are you trying to "logic me"? You are smarter than that, heck you are smarter than anyone on here.

xcoffeex

gsu2583
December 9th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Id rather have the better defense

We rose to the occasion on defense in the 4th as well. How do you think we were able to put those 28 on the board. Just offense?

Ha.

GATA_Eagles
December 9th, 2012, 12:37 PM
We still held ODU to 11 less than their season average. I'd take that.

straightshooter
December 9th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Better in some ways, worse in others. Not as good decision making skills, but physical talent makes up for that. Runs way better. Doesn't throw as well. Last year, as I have said before, I think we went into 'panic mode' too early and started throwing too much too soon.

In the last few games, we have been doing a lot better job of sustaining our perimeter blocks, so that has helped the pitches/runs to the edge.

ODU Coach Wilder said that GSU's offense is better this year because of McKinnon. Said he was a real difference maker yesterday, and will very difficult for anyone to stop. I'm sure that the Bison will have their scheme for GSU, but keep in mind that McKinnon is not Shaw.

Wilson16
December 9th, 2012, 12:41 PM
We rose to the occasion on defense in the 4th as well. How do you think we were able to put those 28 on the board. Just offense?

Ha.

Id still rather have the better defense that rises to the occasion every quarter not just the 4th. And we do!

gsu2583
December 9th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Id still rather have the better defense that rises to the occasion every quarter not just the 4th. And we do!

Understandable. NDSU's defense has been lights out and consistent all season. Only problem with being that consistent for that long is... they are overdue to lay an egg. :)

slycat
December 9th, 2012, 12:44 PM
GSU wins the rematch

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2012, 12:50 PM

GSU ran for 600 against ODU, I'm sure they will do the same against the Bison.....xwhistlex

Twentysix
December 9th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Should be a good friday night game!

Baldy
December 9th, 2012, 01:59 PM
GSU ran for 600 against ODU, I'm sure they will do the same against the Bison.....xwhistlex
We'll be lucky to get a first down. xbawlingx

gsu2583
December 9th, 2012, 02:08 PM
We'll be lucky to get out of the hotel. xbawlingx

FIFY

Wilson16
December 9th, 2012, 02:13 PM
We'll be lucky to get a first down. xbawlingx

Use your crazy speed xnodx

Baldy
December 9th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Use your crazy speed xnodx
Don't have any. xbawlingx

Cleets
December 9th, 2012, 03:02 PM
You are entitled to your opinion. I disagree.

Also why.....if I am so dumb and a troll are you trying to "logic me"? You are smarter than that, heck you are smarter than anyone on here.

xcoffeex

I am simply trying to point out
GSU was / is a better team than ODU
and actually a better team by a margin that was not representative of how close that game was with 2:30 left to play
57 minutes into that game those two teams were EVEN on the score board

but actually NOT REALLY
GSU was better / Considerably better
But having two missed field (very short) goals
and being FORCED to go on 4th and five twice inside the opponents REZONE and turn the ball over on downs

Cost them 12 points
Thus: With 2:30 left in the contest they were all tied up - when I think they had OUT PLAYED ODU

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 9th, 2012, 03:11 PM
You really watched that game and thought they "outplayed" ODU?

Until the turnovers, late in the game you are smoking some really good hashish ma man.....................

Hammerhead
December 9th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Our defensive coordinator last year is now a linebackers coach at USC.

With NDSU's defense as strong as ever I wonder if the FBS offers will be lingering for your defensive Coordinator along with Bohl. I know Nebraska could sure use one after giving up 70 points to Wisconsin. I bet NU is kicking themselves for letting Bohl get away.

gsu2583
December 9th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Our defensive coordinator last year is now a linebackers coach at USC.

So he is hoping to learn from Lane Kiffin how to be promoted and get great coaching opportunities without actually accomplishing anything?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2012, 03:39 PM
So he is hoping to learn from Lane Kiffin how to be promoted and get great coaching opportunities without actually accomplishing anything?

Scotty Hazelton was a very good DC with us and will be a very good LB coach for USC.

gsu2583
December 9th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Scotty Hazelton was a very good DC with us and will be a very good LB coach for USC.

That may be. Just a bad move IMO to work for Kiffin.

Cleets
December 9th, 2012, 04:01 PM
You really watched that game and thought they "outplayed" ODU?

Until the turnovers, late in the game you are smoking some really good hashish ma man.....................

Yes...
They out played them to the exact tune if 12 points (as explained in detail)

stevdock
December 9th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Understandable. NDSU's defense has been lights out and consistent all season. Only problem with being that consistent for that long is... they are overdue to lay an egg. :)

That was the first half against Ill. St. We are good for the season now ;)

GSU EAGLES
December 9th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Hopefully McKinnon at QB is the difference for us this year. He ran for 316 yards last week which was close to what Shaw had done all season last year. 4XX something.

swaghook
December 9th, 2012, 05:52 PM
The GSU O definitely worries me as a fan. What makes me breathe easier is the Bison D being a lock down team in the red zone and GSU not having a kicking game if they can't punch it in.

stevdock
December 9th, 2012, 05:55 PM
I think the key to us stopping our TO is how well our interior line plays. I remember thinking that we had a huge advantage last year DURING the game and hoping for the same this year. IF our line keeps your line off our backers then we should be in very good shape. While it sounds like your offense has improved alot since last year, there is talk this might be the best Bison defense in the history of our school. Should be a very fun battle to watch live Friday night.

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2012, 06:01 PM
can I post here without you guys turning the conversation into Bluehen talk?

straightshooter
December 9th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Hopefully McKinnon at QB is the difference for us this year. He ran for 316 yards last week which was close to what Shaw had done all season last year. 4XX something.

I'd have to look it up, but I think McKinnon has more rushing yards in two playoff games than Shaw had the entire season.

swaghook
December 9th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Bluehen talk? Who? ;)

Twentysix
December 9th, 2012, 06:27 PM
I'd have to look it up, but I think McKinnon has more rushing yards in two playoff games than Shaw had the entire season.

To be fair both teams he played thus far in the playoffs have horrendous defenses.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2012, 06:28 PM
To be fair both teams he played thus far in the playoffs have horrendous defenses.

#39 and #74

#59 and #66 against the run.

Twentysix
December 9th, 2012, 06:35 PM
#39 and #74

#59 and #66 against the run.

Exactly.

No_Skill
December 9th, 2012, 07:00 PM
If we can get a 2 score lead at any point in the game...I really like our chances.

Either way, I'll be rooting for the winner of this game to take the Championship.

Mad respect for GSU.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2012, 07:26 PM
I know I'm just a stat geek but let's talk about points on the board.

I know that NDSU's offense catches a lot of crap but they are scoring 23 points more than the defense is giving up.

Georgia Southern is scoring 14 ppg more than their defense is giving up.

I really like those odds. Get all the yards you want, they won't show up on the scoreboard.

Baldy
December 9th, 2012, 07:28 PM
316 yards against any defense especially a conference champion is pretty good, but your defense has nothing to worry about.

Twentysix
December 9th, 2012, 07:29 PM
316 yards against any defense especially a conference champion is pretty good, but your defense has nothing to worry about.

Yeah, I didn't think so. Thanks for confirming GSU's feebleness. xsmugx

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2012, 07:32 PM

Conference Champion. Would you say the same about Colgate?

Bisonator
December 9th, 2012, 07:52 PM
If the Bison win Friday night are they then SOCON champs too?

Bison56
December 9th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Some fans are so sensitive.xbawlingx

Twentysix
December 9th, 2012, 08:01 PM

NFC south champs. ;) and Southern Speed.

straightshooter
December 9th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Conference Champion. Would you say the same about Colgate?

No, but a team who beat SHSU and won the Southland is pretty relevant. Note the "beat SHSU" part of that statement.

GSU has played a number of teams with better offenses than NDSU. To say that GSU's pass defense is suspect may be true, but when you put GSU opponents like Georgia, App State, UCA and Old Dominion in that conversation, I'd dare say that most teams would struggle defending those passing attacks. Not sure how many spread teams NDSU played this season, but when you've got five or six good WR and a good QB coming at you on every play, and a QB who can tuck it and run, the yards add up quickly. The QBs of those four teams alone combined for 14,923 passing yards this season alone, and that doesn't count GSU's nine other opponents. I don't think that NDSU faced many offenses like that.

Everyone knows that NDSU has a great defense, but don't think for one second that GSU can't win this game. This isn't the same team the Bison faced a year ago, and they've been to the 'dome, so they won't be intimidated. Expect a workman-like effort from the Eagles, just like yesterday in front of 20,000 fans who were screaming against them on every play too.

gsu2583
December 9th, 2012, 08:15 PM
Yes, but playing in the FargoDome is like sitting front row at an AC/DC concert inside of a jet engine on a nuclear bomb test ground. We are doomed by the dome...

Drblankstare
December 9th, 2012, 08:15 PM
I'm still quite concerned with the passing game for NDSU. Brock hasn't been in any rhythm for weeks. If the Bison fall behind and need a quick score, that might be tough for this offense right now. I know the Bison D is amazing but at some point someone will put up some points against them. Could the offense respond if that happened?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2012, 08:19 PM
I'm still quite concerned with the passing game for NDSU. Brock hasn't been in any rhythm for weeks. If the Bison fall behind and need a quick score, that might be tough for this offense right now. I know the Bison D is amazing but at some point someone will put up some points against them. Could the offense respond if that happened?

If the Bison do not turn the ball over, they will be fine.

Hammerhead
December 9th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Our offense has scored fewer points later in the season, bu they are still the 10th highest scoring offense in the FCS and essentially tied with GSU with less than 1 ppg difference.

GSU give up about 20 PPG and NDSU only gives up 11 PPG (on defense.)

Southern Bison
December 9th, 2012, 08:42 PM

We still held ODU to 11 less than their season average. I'd take that.

And we held you to 28 points less than your 2011 average. I'll take the laurels of a "Stonewall Jackson" defense over the TO any day.

*Confederate reference for Citdog's amusement

straightshooter
December 9th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Yes, but playing in the FargoDome is like sitting front row at an AC/DC concert inside of a jet engine on a nuclear bomb test ground. We are doomed by the dome...

The louder those 20,000 got in Norfolk yesterday, the better GSU played. GSU has been to the dome. They know what to expect and will have a plan to deal with the noise.

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 9th, 2012, 08:45 PM
We've got a long way to go to top that 285 page thread from last year...

Southern Bison
December 9th, 2012, 08:47 PM
can I post here without you guys turning the conversation into Bluehen talk?

Aren't they the ones that cause blue balls in the roosters?

Southern Bison
December 9th, 2012, 08:51 PM

Since I am only 4 hours away, I would be happy to accept the trophy on Monday and I will be back in Fargo over Christmas to hand it to Taylor and Coach Bohl. That way it doesn't end up in Grand Forks because some moron doesn't know the difference.

EagleForever
December 9th, 2012, 08:52 PM
We were rooting for The Terriers! Even did a cheer for y'all after our game! Plan on GSU to get some revenge for our conference!

Baldy
December 9th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Yeah, I didn't think so. Thanks for confirming GSU's feebleness. xsmugx
The NY Giants are feeble compared to the mighty Bison. xnodx

Baldy
December 9th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Some fans are so sensitive.xbawlingx
Probably the most accurate statement in this entire thread.

http://www.stockbroking101.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/BisonMirror.jpg

Rep points for you. xthumbsupx

swaghook
December 9th, 2012, 09:00 PM

Ahhh shucks! :o Don't be piling on now I don't think some of the egos in our fan base can handle that much stroking.:p

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2012, 09:00 PM
The louder those 20,000 got in Norfolk yesterday, the better GSU played. GSU has been to the dome. They know what to expect and will have a plan to deal with the noise.

They all do.

Good thing GSU can talk about beating the Bison because it has yet to happen. GSU has as many wins against the Giants as they do the Bison.

Vitojr130
December 9th, 2012, 09:03 PM

The same thing was said last year, except the referenced team was the 2006 one, if I remember right. We all know how the previous 2 games have matched up. I think NDSU will find GSU tough, but do-able like always :)

Vitojr130
December 9th, 2012, 09:04 PM
F***

FIFYxthumbsupx

Baldy
December 9th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Good thing GSU can talk about beating the Bison because it has yet to happen. GSU has as many wins against the Giants as they do the Bison.
No doubt, and I bet our chances would be better with the Giants, too. xprayx

Southern Bison
December 9th, 2012, 09:14 PM
No doubt, and I bet our chances would be better with the Giants, too. xprayx

http://youtu.be/KX5jNnDMfxA

GSUEagles#1
December 9th, 2012, 09:26 PM
They all do.

For a school and associated fan base that I never heard of or about until last year, you are mighty confident. Makes me want to see the upset even more!

Bison56
December 9th, 2012, 09:30 PM
For a school and associated fan base that I never heard of or about until last year, you are mighty confident. Makes me want to see the upset even more!

Who are you?xeyebrowx

Southern Bison
December 9th, 2012, 09:30 PM

Apparently, you haven't followed GaSo Football very long either. We were in Statesboro in '06 for a OOC game...and won.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2012, 09:32 PM

when a team has had so much success and has been playing for 112 years, that will make a fanbase pretty noisy.

swaghook
December 9th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Apparently, you haven't followed GaSo Football very long either. We were in Statesboro in '06 for a OOC game...and won.

Probably too young to remember. Doesn't matter that he didn't know of NDSU before last year, he was schooled well on NDSU football in 2011. NDSU has a strong football tradition with 9 national titles to show for it.

Southern Bison
December 9th, 2012, 09:38 PM
It's like the GaSo fans replicate their offense when they are up against the Bison...3 comments and then punt for the night. Can't even sustain a drive/conversation for very long.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2012, 09:40 PM
What I'm waiting for is the 3 pages of Georgia Southern playing the "we're just a small teacher's college against a big state school'

then the 4 pages of "We're on the way to FBS anyway".

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2012, 09:41 PM
It's like the GaSo fans replicate their offense when they are up against the Bison...3 comments and then punt for the night. Can't even sustain a drive/conversation for very long.

That's a good analysis.

Sorry GSU. The Czar has spoken.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ezd30pwkUOw

GATA_Eagles
December 9th, 2012, 09:44 PM
That's a good analysis.

I'm pretty sure we have a winning record when he pics against us. Half of the time he can't even get the location of the game right.

Southern Bison
December 9th, 2012, 09:51 PM
I'm pretty sure we have a winning record when he pics against us. Half of the time he can't even get the location of the game right.

Hey Ya'll, who ordered the chitlins and grits with a extra helping of excuses? Anyone?

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 9th, 2012, 09:53 PM
That's a good analysis.

Pack it in boys, the Czar picked against us. We're doomed. Also NDSU is wearing gold uni's so we have no chance. Probably shouldn't even tune in Friday night.

Bison56
December 9th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Pack it in boys, the Czar picked against us. We're doomed. Also NDSU is wearing gold uni's so we have no chance. Probably shouldn't even tune in Friday night.

Quit xbawlingx

Southern Bison
December 9th, 2012, 10:01 PM

Damn...I thought us Bison fans all agreed to wait until at least Wed. night before we got into their heads...Now this thread is going to pale in comparison to last year's.

Baldy
December 9th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Yeah, the Tsar picked us to lose on the road at Central Arkansas. xlolx

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 9th, 2012, 10:07 PM
I'm surprised he knows who we're even playing this week. I mean he does have another game to cover too. No idea how he found the time to check out our matchup this week..xintx

GATA_Eagles
December 9th, 2012, 10:21 PM
I'm surprised he knows who we're even playing this week. I mean he does have another game to cover too. No idea how he found the time to check out our matchup this week..xintx

Didn't you know Central Arkansas was playing NDSU in Conway?

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 9th, 2012, 10:21 PM
Didn't you know Central Arkansas was playing NDSU in Conway?
Wait I thought UTC already won the national title?

BisonBacker
December 9th, 2012, 10:25 PM
Georgia Southern by 2 touchdowns. North Dakota States offense is pretty anemic. The southern speed will take control:)

Just getting up to speed on this thread and have to chuckle it only took till the second page for the southern speed comment to be brought up.

blueballs
December 9th, 2012, 10:45 PM

IIRC he picked Elon over GSU too....

Drblankstare
December 9th, 2012, 11:14 PM
Tickets went on sale today and are gone already. Too bad the Dome doesn't hold 30,000 for games like this.

Bisonoline
December 9th, 2012, 11:41 PM
I think only ONE of the PI calls was BS. The one against JJ.

In our favor this year:
1. Been to Fargo before
2. Field turf instead of carpet this time.
3. McKinnon
4. Revenge?
5. Underdog

Against us:
1. Tough D.
2. Can't kick a FG for s*&t.
3. 2nd option team in a row for NDSU.
4. Packer reject uniforms.
5. Fans can color coordinate the stands.

Ahhh so you are intimidated.xlolx

GSUEagles#1
December 9th, 2012, 11:42 PM
Probably too young to remember. Doesn't matter that he didn't know of NDSU before last year, he was schooled well on NDSU football in 2011. NDSU has a strong football tradition with 9 national titles to show for it.

I am not too young to remember and have been a part of GSU football for years, but the 2006 season was a rough one that we all try to forget and we went into that game not thinking much about the upcoming game, BUT I also . I am not minimizing the national titles you have as they are worth a lot! It was just a comment about the Smack talk. God y'all take things seriously.

Bisonoline
December 9th, 2012, 11:50 PM
I am more concerned about GSU this year than last and I was REALLY concerned last year. GSU is an excellent team.

seantaylor
December 10th, 2012, 12:05 AM
That's a good analysis.

The Czar pays for pussy

FargoBison
December 10th, 2012, 12:15 AM
NDSU 31
GSU 21

gsu2583
December 10th, 2012, 05:48 AM
And we held you to 28 points less than your 2011 average. I'll take the laurels of a "Stonewall Jackson" defense over the TO any day.

*Confederate reference for Citdog's amusement

"buttLastyear..."

gsu2583
December 10th, 2012, 05:50 AM

"butt2006..."

gsu2583
December 10th, 2012, 05:59 AM
NDSU 31
GSU 21

Not an unreasonable prediction IMO.

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 10th, 2012, 06:13 AM
For any NDSU fans I've got a question. How good are you guys on kickoff and punt coverage? We've got a couple of good returners and I think if one of them busts a huge return it could be a game changer. Wilcox has the determination to break through some tackles and once he's in space he can fly. And Robinson is probably the most explosive player on our team if he can get some space on punt returns.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2012, 06:25 AM
The Bison have given up 17 TDs in 13 games, GSU has given up 34 in 13 games.

I like our chances!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2012, 06:29 AM
The Bison have given up 17 TDs in 13 games, GSU has given up 34 in 13 games.

I like our chances!

"buttThisyear"

gsu2583
December 10th, 2012, 06:36 AM
"buttThisyear"

"buttOutofideas"

CommishBigSmooth
December 10th, 2012, 06:41 AM
For any NDSU fans I've got a question. How good are you guys on kickoff and punt coverage? We've got a couple of good returners and I think if one of them busts a huge return it could be a game changer. Wilcox has the determination to break through some tackles and once he's in space he can fly. And Robinson is probably the most explosive player on our team if he can get some space on punt returns.

NDSU did not give up a punt or kick return TD this season. Best return anyone probably had against them this year might have been the opening kickoff against Indiana State, where the guy just got across midfield if I remember right. Bison fans can correct me, but I don't recall another really significant return on any punt or kickoff.

The starting kicker, Keller, had a hamstring/leg issue about midseason and the punter, LeCompte, has been the kickoff guy ever since. Both have been pretty steady. The Bison tend to angle their kicks towards one corner or the other on a regular basis, almost hoping the other team will field inside the 5 as they have performed pretty well on coverage. However, I would say LeCompte has the leg to boot deep in the endzone if need be.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Not an unreasonable prediction IMO.

Really?

I thought most of you GSU guys think they are going to run for 600 on us and beat us 40-0....xcoffeex

gsu2583
December 10th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Really?

I thought most of you GSU guys think they are going to run for 600 on us and beat us 40-0....xcoffeex

Not at all. Most of us expect to run for 570 or so and beat you with a 45 yard field goal...

eaglewraith
December 10th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Not at all. Most of us expect to run for 570 or so and beat you with a 45 yard field goal...

In fairness, I would say one of those is more likely than the other.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2012, 06:56 AM
In fairness, I would say one of those is more likely than the other.

What?

How can NDSU even compete with such a 'storied' program as GSU? Heck, we might as well call in and forfeit the game cus GSU is such a juggernaut that cannot be stopped.

gsu2583
December 10th, 2012, 06:58 AM
What?

How can NDSU even compete with such a 'storied' program as GSU? Heck, we might as well call in and forfeit the game cus GSU is such a juggernaut that cannot be stopped.

Sorry, we pwnd that sarcasm earlier in the thread...

Baldy
December 10th, 2012, 07:15 AM
What?

xlolx

How can you say that...after "buttlastyear", you have got our offense all figured out.
Just roll your helmet across the field at about 7:55 PM EDT and watch our boys run and hide.

Oh, and we will be sure to genuflect before we run out of the building. xbowx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2012, 07:20 AM
xlolx

How can you say that...after "buttlastyear", you have got our offense all figured out.
Just roll your helmet across the field at about 7:55 PM EDT and watch our boys run and hide.

Oh, and we will be sure to genuflect before we run out of the building. xbowx

Figured you would post one of your more 'intelligent' posts just like over on CS.....xthumbsupx

The Eagle's Cliff
December 10th, 2012, 07:52 AM
I read page 46 just to make sure I wasn't missing anything and I feel cheated.

Twentysix

iirc we have not been burned this season or last. I could be wrong though, I'm doing this with an alcohol stained memory.

Eaglesrus
They all do.

And in fewer games, too!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Might as well start this one:

Aren't you glad you bought out the game last year so you wouldn't be working on 0-4 now?

Eaglesrus
December 10th, 2012, 08:11 AM
I am more concerned about GSU this year than last and I was REALLY concerned last year. GSU is an excellent team.

Hey, watch yourself, there'll be none of that on this thread!

Southern Bison
December 10th, 2012, 08:35 AM
"buttOutofideas"

Yet you in particular keep talking out your @ss.

Hammerhead
December 10th, 2012, 08:36 AM
For comparison, NDSU's kick return coverage stats and net punting average are roughly the same as Wofford's.

Eaglesrus
December 10th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Really?

exaggerate much? Most that I've seen are saying that we have a chance, as opposed to being given none by most Bison posters.

Southern Bison
December 10th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Might as well start this one:

Aren't you glad you bought out the game last year so you wouldn't be working on 0-4 now?

Bazinga!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2012, 08:39 AM
exaggerate much? Most that I've seen are saying that we have a chance, as opposed to being given none by most Bison posters.

Nobody in the world says you have no chance. Anyone who makes a prediction here thinks the game will go a certain way. That doesn't mean it can't go another way. Good lord.

Get the sand out of your vag for crying out loud.

soweagle
December 10th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Will there be an opportunity for the GSU players to get autographs from the NDSU players? Maybe before or after the game? Also, do they charge for their signatures?

gsu2583
December 10th, 2012, 08:51 AM
I like talking smack, and will resume later today.

This morning I walked up to work in the pouring rain to find a student passed out/seizing outside my building. Myself and one other UA employee stopped to help, covered her from the rain, called for help, tried to talk to her/keep her awake, and stayed with her until the EMTs took her to the hospital. Later, one of the housekeeping staff told me a student had come in the building and said "Shame. Someone's passed-out out there." WTF is wrong with people!?! Stop and help! **** your final exam!

We get worked up about stuff on message boards, sometimes rightfully so, but none of this **** matters. Take care of yourself, and take care of other people when they need it.

Here's to an injury free game on Friday Night Lights.

I will resume being a d*ckish GSU homer in just a bit...after I have calmed down and dried off.

Eaglesrus
December 10th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Nobody in the world says you have no chance. Anyone who makes a prediction here thinks the game will go a certain way. That doesn't mean it can't go another way. Good lord.

Get the sand out of your vag for crying out loud.

Not good at reading comprehension, huh? Sorry to upset you, but it don't bother me none, I'm a "we'll just see what happens Friday night" kinda guy.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Not good at reading comprehension, huh? Sorry to upset you, but it don't bother me none, I'm a "we'll just see what happens Friday night" kinda guy.

You GSU fans are the most thin skinned kings of the world I have ever seen.

Eaglesrus
December 10th, 2012, 09:11 AM
You GSU fans are the most thin skinned kings of the world I have ever seen.

You must be using that ND accent, 'cause I have no clue what you're talking about.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2012, 09:15 AM
You must be using that ND accent, 'cause I have no clue what you're talking about.

Lets see. Here is your post:

To which I said that nobody is giving you no chance.

You can act dumb all you want but you specifically complained that Bison posters weren't giving GSU a chance. I simply said that, just because Bison posters are predicting a win, that doesn't equate to them giving GSU no chance.

I'll bet I have much less of a North Dakota accent than you have a Georgia accent.

deez_na
December 10th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Wow, 48 pages already and it's 9 ish on Monday morning. Looking to be another grind it out game coming up this friday. Another extremely tough running team to stop again but thank goodness for being a home game. Nothing like a rematch of last year and hoping for the same outcome. I do think this game will be a close one though, no 35-7 type game like last season. Hopefully we can keep the turnovers down and not give the free points away this week.

deez_na
December 10th, 2012, 09:28 AM

Sorry I have to laugh at the sarcasm here, 570 yard running is hilarious.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Wow, 48 pages already and it's 9 ish on Monday morning. Looking to be another grind it out game coming up this friday. Another extremely tough running team to stop again but thank goodness for being a home game. Nothing like a rematch of last year and hoping for the same outcome. I do think this game will be a close one though, no 35-7 type game like last season. Hopefully we can keep the turnovers down and not give the free points away this week.

Well last year the thread had at least half of the posts arguing about the buyout and southern speed. Since one is irrelevant and the other disproven, this one doesn't have a chance.

asumike83
December 10th, 2012, 09:31 AM
I like NDSU to win the rematch but not nearly as one-sided as last year. The GSU offense is a different animal with McKinnon than it was with Jaybo Shaw. Jaybo knew the offense like the back of his hand but did not have anywhere near the athletic ability. McKinnon is dangerous in the open field and adds another dimension. GSU seems to have cleaned up the fumbling issues late in the season but I have a feeling this is a game that their complete lack of a kicking game could be a killer. Tough to get in the end zone against the Bison and settling for a FG is almost not an option for GSU.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2012, 09:36 AM
You know what I just realized? GSU could jump to FBS never having beat the Bison. Not gonna lie, that would be pretty sweet!

Twentysix
December 10th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Over/under on how many hours it takes for Brent Russel to be arrested after the loss.

Lets put it at 10 to start.

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 10th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Over/under on how many hours it takes for Brent Russel to be arrested after the loss.

Lets put it at 10 to start.
Don't you have some signatures to be forging? xlolx

Baldy
December 10th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Figured you would post one of your more 'intelligent' posts just like over on CS.....xthumbsupx
Seems some Bizon fans have a problem with "intelligence"...don't worry, I'm 'dumbing' it down for those guys. :D

Twentysix
December 10th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Don't you have some signatures to be forging? xlolx

Watching bar fights in the inbred part of georgia* is taking up all my time.

*thats a joke, the whole state is inbred

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 10th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Seems some Bizon fans have a problem with "intelligence"...don't worry, I'm 'dumbing' it down for those guys. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI8UPHMzZm8&feature=player_embedded
I'll just leave this here xthumbsupx

Vitojr130
December 10th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Watching bar fights in the inbred part of georgia* is taking up all my time.

*thats a joke, the whole state is inbred

xlolx

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Twentysix again."

Twentysix
December 10th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Someone had to kick this thread in the junk. That video is so awesome.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2012, 09:48 AM
xlolx

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Twentysix again."

Proxied

gotts
December 10th, 2012, 09:51 AM
28-21 NDSU. Game will have considerably more offensive flow to it than the Wofford game did.

As always, turnovers will be key.

Eaglesrus
December 10th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Lets see. Here is your post:

To which I said that nobody is giving you no chance.

You can act dumb all you want but you specifically complained that Bison posters weren't giving GSU a chance. I simply said that, just because Bison posters are predicting a win, that doesn't equate to them giving GSU no chance.

I'll bet I have much less of a North Dakota accent than you have a Georgia accent.

So you haven't read any of the other NDSUers posts in this thread?

On the accent bet, how much? You sure are touchy this morning. I'm now finding it pretty comical that you mentioned how thin-skinned we are. I guess that's just another example of how different peoples' perception of the same thing can be.

Anyway, on to more important things; as to the game, like others, I think it will be different from last year based on what Jerrick McKinnon brings. While he doesn't have the command of the offense that Jaybo did, his athletic ability allows him much more chance to make something out of nothing. I expect a relatively low scoring game, but that we will score, with the winner being determined by whether we can score three or only two. That means TDs, of course, as we found out Saturday that our punter can't make field goals, either.

I-16Bandit
December 10th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Holy god that video is good.

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 10th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Holy god that video is good.

Nice of you to join us, Bandit!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Simply put, GSU thinks that Colton Heagle, the man, was the single reason they didn't win it last year.

Actually, it was Colton Heagle, the SS, that was the reason you didn't win last year. Everybody on this team is capable of making the tackle. Heagle made his assignment just like Grant Olson made his assignment last week.

I said it over on Bisonville, you can have a double, triple, octuple option for all it matters. As long as 11 men a side get to line up, the Bison will complete their assignments because everybody is capable of making the play.

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 10th, 2012, 10:04 AM
I said it over on Bisonville, you can have a double, triple, octuple option for all it matters. As long as 11 men a side get to line up, the Bison will complete their assignments because everybody is capable of making the play.

Well yeah, and if we complete our blocking assignments we're capable of making plays...

I-16Bandit
December 10th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Ok NoDak, why did NDSU lose their game against Indiana State?

Serious question.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2012, 10:08 AM

Serious question.

Two abysmal throws by the quarterback within 30 yds of his own end zone. I said it in response to your other post, hoping the offense makes a **** ton of mistakes is not a recipe for success.

GATA_Eagles
December 10th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Looking forward to actually being able to get up to Fargo this year. 17 of us aren't going to make a lot of sound, but it always seems that the team does better when we have some sort of pep band.

deez_na
December 10th, 2012, 10:12 AM

Serious question.

Jenson being dumb throwing 2 pick 6's, pretty much only reason, their offense wasn't winning the game.