PDA

View Full Version : Lafayette's Costanzo Continues Pursuit of NFL Dream with the New York Jets

cosmo here
August 18th, 2006, 09:34 AM
There's a story and photo gallery of Blake Costanzo on Lafayette's web site. Costanzo said the Jets started camp with 18 linebackers and are down to 13 now.

http://goleopards.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/081806aab.html

cosmo here
August 20th, 2006, 08:02 PM
Didn't get the Jets game in the Lehigh Valley last night but here's a comment from the Lafayette board.

Attended the Jets/Skins preseason game last night at Fed Ex field. Blake was very active and physical on all special teams. Had a nice solo tackle on kickoff cover unit and the Skin player never returned to the game. Also got some reps a linebaker at game's end. Good showing and good luck Blake!!!!

Pards Rule
August 21st, 2006, 08:53 AM
GO BLAKE! What happened to Mo Bennett?

cosmo here
August 21st, 2006, 10:16 AM
GO BLAKE! What happened to Mo Bennett?

From what I understand, Mo went to Bears rookie mini-camp but was not offered a contract, and decided to accept a lucrative offer in finance on Wall Street.

carney2
August 22nd, 2006, 07:41 AM
I see that the Jets cut two - a wideout and a defensive end. I am therefore assuming that Costanzo is alive for at least another week. Any better information?

Pards Rule
August 22nd, 2006, 09:16 AM
Carney, my friend, you are correct. Blake is still on the team according to Jets website, www.nyjets.com

carney2
August 27th, 2006, 10:30 PM
The Jets released 12 players today (Sunday, 8/27). None of them were named Costanzo.

Pards Rule
August 28th, 2006, 08:20 AM
Correct! But one of them is named Davis...as in MONDO Davis, the former Delaware linebacker whose fans loved to holler "Mondo" after the PA announcer announced a tackle by "Davis" even though it was 10 yards downstream.

carney2
September 4th, 2006, 06:53 PM
Blake got cut with the final bunch on 9/2. Does he have any football options?

bison137
September 4th, 2006, 08:47 PM

Jets also did not bring him back for the practice squad. Also they have two more players who originally made their 53-man squad who could be practice squad candidates as well, so it is unlikely he will be brought back in the near future. Of course as players get injured during the year, PS players get moved up and openings can occur.

Back2Back05
September 4th, 2006, 08:48 PM

Broke his hand in the game the night before... cut the next day.

Pard4Life
September 5th, 2006, 11:09 AM
Broke his hand in the game the night before... cut the next day.

Damn, that really sucks... paper mentioned nothing about that... I bet he would have made at least practice squad if healthy.

On another note, Stacy Tutt made the practice squad.