PDA

View Full Version : Sam Houston at Montana State

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

BNATION
December 5th, 2012, 02:38 PM
wow haha didnt think it was that serious if you look back at threads pretty sure he took shots at me first for being "mis informed" but thats great and once again the third time......MSU

Sammy94
December 5th, 2012, 02:39 PM
I figured it was a drunken Rhett Bomar posting.

Is there a sober Bomar?

BNATION
December 5th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Once again Bomar was a good guy and not always drunk so please...

fmrbearkat
December 5th, 2012, 02:46 PM

Im thinking that "IF" he did play it was during the Whitten era because nobody i played with in the RR era and nobody that learned under Fritz would have that attitude especially to other Kats. We were taught to be respectable.

And i see his point about Bomar....When your coach was ALWAYS drunk most people look like saints!

Sammy94
December 5th, 2012, 02:46 PM

Not saying he wasn't a good guy but I sold him alcohol more then a few times while he was in Huntsville. Seems much didn't change when he left.

Nickels
December 5th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Mehhhh, He hung out with Phi Delts if that says anything...

BNATION
December 5th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Todd was a good coach just had some off field issues...and FMRbearkat repectful, please look back at comments this is almost comical.

Sammy94
December 5th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Todd was a good coach just had some off field issues

This right here shows just how much bnation knows

fmrbearkat
December 5th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Todd was a good coach just had some off field issues...and FMRbearkat repectful, please look back at comments this is almost comical.

I agree...he could have been a really good coach. But when you leave practice and pick up beer on the way home and then go to the bar at night how are your players going to respect you and act right??? We had the talent but zero discipline! I don't know what happend between Tarleton and SHSU but he went south. I know several players who played under him at TSU and they couldn't believe he was that way!

BNATION
December 5th, 2012, 02:54 PM
and can the rest of please talk about the game damn yall must have no social life

fmrbearkat
December 5th, 2012, 02:57 PM
and can the rest of please talk about the game damn yall must have no social life

Your right i don't have a social life while im sitting here waisting time at this thing called a JOB xcoffeex

Sam_Kats
December 5th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Whew - come OOOOONNN Friday!!

BNATION
December 5th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Didnt think id get attacked by sam fans today but hell first time for everything...i do find it amuzing though that these "fans" are the ones not talking football at the moment, and managed to run off all talk of MSU game.

srgrizizen
December 5th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Not trying to be confrontational but honestly the only chance MSU has is the weather/altitude. There is a reason montana schools have trouble winning on level playing fields when not in the mountains which only they are accustomed to.

I'm sure it's true that both UM and MSU have lost more playoff games on the road than they have won, but the primary reason, other than the truism that it's ALWAYS harder on the road, is that the reason you are on the road in the playoffs is that the home team is rated higher, and may well be better. SHSU deserved their home playoff games last year with their record and #2 ranking and made it to the NC. Outside of Huntsville, however, I would guess that very few on this board believe they could have won in Missoula last year (as opposed to this year when just about every opponent did). And yes, I'll be watching the playoffs from my couch -- just like I have for the past 25 years or so. So what??

Texas
December 5th, 2012, 03:04 PM
So you went to Huntsville High School?? xsmileyclapx

Probably played against them then.

You are getting "attacked" because you post nonsense.

kingkat99
December 5th, 2012, 03:06 PM
There are almost 20 pages of football talk(once you take out this last few) hell at some point what else are you going to say?? You got corrected then got upset and proceeded to tell everyone you are the second coming of Ron Mafrige on steroids and not to talk to you and you expected a different outcome? Really???

BNATION
December 5th, 2012, 03:11 PM
hahaha king kat i like u...and dont talk ill of uncle ron around me.

BNATION
December 5th, 2012, 03:13 PM
I'm sure it's true that both UM and MSU have lost more playoff games on the road than they have won, but the primary reason, other than the truism that it's ALWAYS harder on the road, is that the reason you are on the road in the playoffs is that the home team is rated higher, and may well be better. SHSU deserved their home playoff games last year with their record and #2 ranking and made it to the NC. Outside of Huntsville, however, I would guess that very few on this board believe they could have won in Missoula last year (as opposed to this year when just about every opponent did). And yes, I'll be watching the playoffs from my couch -- just like I have for the past 25 years or so. So what??

Agreed playing away is always tougher, however montana schools have a distinct advantage in my opinion because of there extreme climate that almost no one is accustomed to playing in.

fmrbearkat
December 5th, 2012, 03:13 PM
We've been talking about football for the last 5 days....only when you showed up an hour ago acting like Lakes did the topic change! Speaking of what happened to that moron???

Onto football....just checked weather channel and its now saying high of 25 on Saturday with a low of 10 and 30% chance of snow! That means kickoff should be around 20 and down to about 16-17 by the end. That's cold!! I honestly think the cold combined with a little elevation will work against us. I played at the Sun bowl and I could feel it there and it was about 4k. Obviously not like when we played against NAU in flagstaff but still bad. I thought I was gonna die there! Playing in the cold makes it harder to breath combined with altitude will hurt!!

What's the elevation at Wa-grizz?? Twice was in the playoffs and it was in the 30's and once in September when it was warm. Never noticed it there.

BNATION
December 5th, 2012, 03:22 PM
[QUOTE=fmrbearkat;1909946]We've been talking about football for the last 5 days....only when you showed up an hour ago acting like Lakes did the topic change! Speaking of what happened to that moron???
QUOTE]

Tell you whats really funny you little fact checker you, i was on this thread for the game before you, so this since you showed up (the beggining for me) doesnt make sense

srgrizizen
December 5th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Agreed, BNation, December in Montanan CAN be extreme, but it usually isn't a big factor. In whatever year it was, SHSU beat the Griz in Texas under EXTREME heat conditions, then lost in the playoffs in Missoula in what I recall as perfect, moderate football weather. You'll probably agree that home field is much more important than weather most of the time. BTW, it's about 46 degrees in Bozeman right now.

BNATION
December 5th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Agreed, BNation, December in Montanan CAN be extreme, but it usually isn't a big factor. In whatever year it was, SHSU beat the Griz in Texas under EXTREME heat conditions, then lost in the playoffs in Missoula in what I recall as perfect, moderate football weather. You'll probably agree that home field is much more important than weather most of the time. BTW, it's about 46 degrees in Bozeman right now.

Right on should be an awesome game wish i was flying up but have to work my folks are though.

fmrbearkat
December 5th, 2012, 03:34 PM

It was 2004 and I don't think it was the weather that beat us but I do think the weather when y'all played down here helped. I think it was the crowd that got us in the playoffs. I played guard and I could not here our qb at all. We used silent counts and I had to watch the ball and squeeze the tackles hand to let him know it was snapped. And half the time when we would try to audible we would screw the play up!! You can't hear jack in that stadium! I seem to remember watching the tv replay and the sideline reporter having a decibel meter comparing it to a jet engine! That place is unreal for only 25k people!

CK34
December 5th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Hi, I'm CK, and you are definitely not worthy to be compared to me. Who the hell are you, and why are you making our school and base of fans look like complete freaking morons on a national message board?

Is your name AmericanWinningMachine on Katfans.com?

Also, the fact that you don't know who I am, shows that you aren't even on Katfans.com, which explains a lot, and further proves you're probably a worthless troll.

According to very knowledgeable posters every player on SHSU football team knows who I am, and Brian Bell hates me, so the fact that you don't, means you're not a true fan.

Do you have a small penis complex?

I am not sure who you are, nor do I care, but what the hell happened in this thread? Answer, I need, and must get.

CK34
December 5th, 2012, 03:48 PM
As for my score prediction:

SHSU - 38

Montana State -24

fmrbearkat
December 5th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls, children of all ages....the man, the myth the legend....CK!!

BNATION
December 5th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Hi, I'm CK, and you are definitely not worthy to be compared to me. Who the hell are you, and why are you making our school and base of fans look like complete freaking morons on a national message board?

Is your name AmericanWinningMachine on Katfans.com?

Also, the fact that you don't know who I am, shows that you aren't even on Katfans.com, which explains a lot, and further proves you're probably a worthless troll.

According to very knowledgeable posters every player on SHSU football team knows who I am, and Brian Bell hates me, so the fact that you don't, means you're not a true fan.

Do you have a small penis complex?

I am not sure who you are, nor do I care, but what the hell happened in this thread? Answer, I need, and must get.\

please keep pretending you are a bigger fan than me its comical get a life bud, im here to talk football SAD

CK34
December 5th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls, children of all ages....the man, the myth the legend....CK!!

Yawn, you left out the "34," but it's whatever, nice introduction...

Plus, we know this isn't Rhett Bomar speaking if it was, his typing would look something like this:

Hay guyz Rhet bomaR her, not drunK jus tipzy, so yah coach Whit sayz, (drinks 4o) lik i said coach whit sayz to imporovize when i not see open receiverz and shiz, knowwhatimean? (slams 40 back) (dips blended berry skoal)

CK34
December 5th, 2012, 03:54 PM
OH. MY. LORD.

HAY FELLAS! LOOKIE HERE AT THIS GUY! BY GOSH DARNIT HE'S THE BIGGEST SAM HOUSTON FAN WE HAVE.

HE NEEDS A LAPEL PIN FOR THIS. KK99 whatyouthink? Sam_Kats! You do the designing bro, let's get this mofo the lapel pin he has rightfully earned.

#biggestfanevereverever

BNATION
December 5th, 2012, 03:55 PM
This all started about a attendance stat, yes mine was 4000 high the other guys was 4000 low soo....

BNATION
December 5th, 2012, 03:55 PM
haha CK your a trip man whitty and gay

Walkon79
December 5th, 2012, 03:56 PM
I think the civility has more to do with 2 classy fan bases without having to deal with SPEW from NDSU or Montana fans.

xlolxxlolxxlolx

Well Said!!!

CK34
December 5th, 2012, 03:57 PM
This all started about a attendance stat, yes mine was 4000 high the other guys was 4000 low soo....

Well Howdy doody sounds like you've just proven you're a retard.

If you thought there was 15,000 fans at Bowers on Saturday, then you must either be retarded or Stevie Wonder...

If you ARE Stevie Wonder, #CanIgetanautograph

BNATION
December 5th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Haha look what you've done guys allowed your misplaced hatred and daddy issues to turn MSU fans against us...who gives a ****

BNATION
December 5th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Well Howdy doody sounds like you've just proven you're a retard.

If you thought there was 15,000 fans at Bowers on Saturday, then you must either be retarded or Stevie Wonder...

If you ARE Stevie Wonder, #CanIgetanautograph

man i bet you dont get much action

Walkon79
must be hard getting that a$$ whooped 10 out of the last 13 years.... ouch its starting to not be such a rivalry at that point haha 50-35 overall

"stepchildren tend to stay sour"

Take it somewhere else guys. You're ruining what has been a good thing up till now.

CK34
haha CK your a trip man whitty and gay

Now I know you're a troll.

It's "YOU'RE," as in "YOU ARE"

gay? wow - most intelligent INSULT I have ever heard, in the history of ever. SRSLY!

LOLZIE brah, but fah real, why aren't you on Katfans.com

CK34
December 5th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Take it somewhere else guys. You're ruining what has been a good thing up till now.

eh, i siphoned through the first 28 pages, and it was pretty bland, if this is a "good thread," then AGS in general isn't very good.

also, you must not know how I operate, you're welcome to join Katfans.com too

CK34
December 5th, 2012, 04:02 PM
man i bet you dont get much action

(condescending voice)

OH PLZ BNATION, TELL ME HOW MUCH ACTION YOU GET!?

BNATION
December 5th, 2012, 04:06 PM
hahaha im enjoying myself ive managed to get through work aggrivating people by not doing too much thanks for helping me realize why some people went home on weekends in college (not me) but it was because you were there if you even did in fact go there

robsnotes4u
December 5th, 2012, 04:07 PM
We've been talking about football for the last 5 days....only when you showed up an hour ago acting like Lakes did the topic change! Speaking of what happened to that moron???

Onto football....just checked weather channel and its now saying high of 25 on Saturday with a low of 10 and 30% chance of snow! That means kickoff should be around 20 and down to about 16-17 by the end. That's cold!! I honestly think the cold combined with a little elevation will work against us. I played at the Sun bowl and I could feel it there and it was about 4k. Obviously not like when we played against NAU in flagstaff but still bad. I thought I was gonna die there! Playing in the cold makes it harder to breath combined with altitude will hurt!!

What's the elevation at Wa-grizz?? Twice was in the playoffs and it was in the 30's and once in September when it was warm. Never noticed it there.

Hope the team shows up on Saturday

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

CrazyCat
December 5th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Just so everyone knows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiHdr4rWG98

CK34
December 5th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Any weekends that I went home it was to indulge in whatever puss puss I had lined up at the time back in the home town.

Where the hell do you get off talking down to KingKat99 and Sam_Kats, and coming off all high and mighty? Seriously, who do you think you are? You're nothing special, lolzie!

Hell between KingKat and Sam_ I know you don't donate more to the school or AD then they do.

Were you in Montana in 2004? I was. How much of a "super fan," are you really?

Walkon79
December 5th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Agreed playing away is always tougher, however montana schools have a distinct advantage in my opinion because of there extreme climate that almost no one is accustomed to playing in.

No one south of the Mason-Dixon, that is. Contrary to popular belief (in the SEC), there is such a thing as northern football.

BNATION
December 5th, 2012, 04:12 PM
No one south of the Mason-Dixon, that is. Contrary to popular belief (in the SEC), there is such a thing as northern football.

Haha this is the stigma, i know thats not true and look forward to a great contest, if my own fans will get off my back.

BNATION
December 5th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Any weekends that I went home it was to indulge in whatever puss puss I had lined up at the time back in the home town.

Where the hell do you get off talking down to KingKat99 and Sam_Kats, and coming off all high and mighty? Seriously, who do you think you are? You're nothing special, lolzie!

Hell between KingKat and Sam_ I know you don't donate more to the school or AD then they do.

Were you in Montana in 2004? I was. How much of a "super fan," are you really?

I wouldnt assume to much

CK34
December 5th, 2012, 04:14 PM
definately dont have penis envy king kat since i actually played in this stadium but appreciate your thoughts.

I actually played in that stadium tooo....

so what, it might have been baritone in the BMB, but I'm just as cooool as you are now... #amiright

CK34
December 5th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Haha this is the stigma, i know thats not true and look forward to a great contest, if my own fans will get off my back.

Lol, you think YOU have fans? laughable.

And I would assume you played, if you actually played, around the time Bomar was there, so it's probably not you donating, it's probably mommy and daddy.

Walkon79
xlolxxlolxxlolx

Well Said!!!

I did speak too soon about 7 pages ago. At least they're attacking each other :)

BNATION
I actually played in that stadium tooo....

so what, it might have been baritone in the BMB, but I'm just as cooool as you are now... #amiright

Man i feel like you are really getting excited over this you are honestly ruining the board

DirtyWater
yes! I was in Virginia for a Nascar a few years, it was 48 degrees....I thought i was going to die! the humidity in the air makes it miserable both ways, hot or cold. playing in 30 degree's over in Bozeman won't be bad...wind would suck, but still should ok!!

BNATION
December 5th, 2012, 04:18 PM
yes! I was in Virginia for a Nascar a few years, it was 48 degrees....I thought i was going to die! the humidity in the air makes it miserable both ways, hot or cold. playing in 30 degree's over in Bozeman won't be bad...wind would suck, but still should ok!!

I agree that always made the big difference for me was humidity.

CK34
December 5th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Bnation, rapid fire now, don't let me down.

A) What kind of base defense do we run?

B) What kind of offense do we run? Describe it to me

C) Besides last year 2004 was our greatest playoff run in modern times, who did we play in the playoffs? in correct order

D) Quarterback's name who transferred from A&M to lead us in 2004.

E) Quarterback's name who transferred from SMU to lead us a couple years earlier.

#SUPERFAN?

#LETSGO

CK34
December 5th, 2012, 04:21 PM
I did speak too soon about 7 pages ago. At least they're attacking each other :)

I'm just having fun with this patsy.... ;)

I'll stop soon, don't worry. I wouldn't usually attack a fellow 'Kat on a national board, but this guy is just something else :D

Walkon79
December 5th, 2012, 04:22 PM

Of course I will freely admit that our version of "Northern Football" would not be as good without the Texas connection. How did you guys and others let Jody Owens and DeNarius McGhee, amoung many others escape to Montana.

We're SO Glad you did. :)

BNATION
December 5th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Of course I will freely admit that our version of "Northern Football" would not be as good without the Texas connection. How did you guys and others let Jody Owens and DeNarius McGhee, amoung many others escape to Montana.

We're SO Glad you did. :)

CK go on somewhere you sir are something else, quite honestly i think the talent pool is so large in such a spread out state that some is going to slip through, we run a 4-2-5 D Offense has changed over the years, now we are closest to an option team, dustin long came and led us, Josh McCown before that and our greatest playoff run was last year SB,MSU,UM when you ask me these questions you insult my intelligence please stop. im cooler than you think we could even be friends haha

BNATION
December 5th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Bnation, rapid fire now, don't let me down.

A) What kind of base defense do we run?

B) What kind of offense do we run? Describe it to me

C) Besides last year 2004 was our greatest playoff run in modern times, who did we play in the playoffs? in correct order

D) Quarterback's name who transferred from A&M to lead us in 2004.

E) Quarterback's name who transferred from SMU to lead us a couple years earlier.

#SUPERFAN?

#LETSGO

guess the wittle guy is quite now

CK34
December 5th, 2012, 04:36 PM
the talent pool in texas IS quite large. Also, the guys you mention weren't really well sought after prospects, your coaching staff did a remarkable job with them

Others just want to get the hell away from their families, and some actually prefer cold weather. Texas isn't like Montana.

Coming out of High School, a division I prospect will have nearly 20 IN STATE colleges to choose from if they are cream of the crop. UT, A&M, TCU, BAYLOR, TECH will take the kids they want and it's up to the evaluations of FCS coaches to figure it out from there. FCS recruiting in Texas is much different that say, how it is, in Montana.

Walkon79
December 5th, 2012, 04:37 PM
I was going to also make a point about attendance but the quote I wanted too use is to far gone to find it now. I think it was BNation that made the comment about competing with 4 FBS schools in close proximity. While this is true you guys also have to know that the greater "Metro" area around Bozeman is less than 100,000, and that's the whole county. The whole STATE has less than 1M.

I find it remarkable that the two state institutions can draw an average combined attendance of 45,000 for virtually every home game.

Oh, and our NAIA power Carrol College, which is about half way between Bozeman and Missoula also regularly draws over 5,000, which would be in the top 25-50 of all FCS schools.

Finally, Butte also drew over 9,000 for the most recent 2A state championship game (our large school classification)

We all know that Texas is football-crazed, but per capita I think Montana does pretty well.

CK34
December 5th, 2012, 04:37 PM
I'm impressed you knew those easy questions...actually

you're a pretty horrible poster and troll, there is no win/lost in this whole thing because:

A) I wasn't trying to win anything
B) you lost when you claimed Bowers had 15,000 fans on Saturday, by your own omission that's 4000 off, or more than 1/3 of your original claim

LOL

CK34
December 5th, 2012, 04:38 PM
I was going to also make a point about attendance but the quote I wanted too use is to far gone to find it now. I think it was BNation that made the comment about competing with 4 FBS schools in close proximity. While this is true you guys also have to know that the greater "Metro" area around Bozeman is less than 100,000, and that's the whole county. The whole STATE has less than 1M.

I find it remarkable that the two state institutions can draw an average combined attendance of 45,000 for virtually every home game.

Oh, and our NAIA power Carrol College, which is about half way between Bozeman and Missoula also regularly draws over 5,000, which would be in the top 25-50 of all FCS schools.

Finally, Butte also drew over 9,000 for the most recent 2A state championship game (our large school classification)

We all know that Texas is football-crazed, but per capita I think Montana does pretty well.

I would definitely agree with that, I was at Grizzly stadium in 2004...

I would put that noise and attendance against a lot of FBS schools in Texas.

BNATION
December 5th, 2012, 04:39 PM
thats fine buddy go back to kat fans appreciate the pep talk good luck in life, or not, i dont care...

CK34
December 5th, 2012, 04:40 PM
thats fine buddy go back to kat fans appreciate the pep talk good luck in life, or not, i dont care...

Seriously though, you're such a superfan, why aren't you on Katfans.com

BNATION
December 5th, 2012, 04:41 PM
didnt claim to be a super fan/player etc.. didnt think the other fans had to make such sport of an ill placed comment by myself

CK34
December 5th, 2012, 04:47 PM
didnt claim to be a super fan/player etc.. didnt think the other fans had to make such sport of an ill placed comment by myself

actually you did

BNATION
December 5th, 2012, 04:50 PM
gotcha man i think you feel stupid that i answered your "easy" questions with "ease" i also guess fmr bearkat and KK and you are good buds because his 7000 comment was dumb too but nevermind all that i honestly could care less i love football, want to talk about it, and not to you.

Walkon79
December 5th, 2012, 04:50 PM
the talent pool in texas IS quite large. Also, the guys you mention weren't really well sought after prospects, your coaching staff did a remarkable job with them

Others just want to get the hell away from their families, and some actually prefer cold weather. Texas isn't like Montana.

Coming out of High School, a division I prospect will have nearly 20 IN STATE colleges to choose from if they are cream of the crop. UT, A&M, TCU, BAYLOR, TECH will take the kids they want and it's up to the evaluations of FCS coaches to figure it out from there. FCS recruiting in Texas is much different that say, how it is, in Montana.

There's probably 20 or 25 kids at the most with potential D1 talent, and many play for schools with enrollments under 300. We lose a few each year to the Bigs, like Matt Miller who now is a star receiver in Boise, and while we don't like to claim him now, Ryan Leaf to Washington State.

The one's that stay in state are pretty much split between the Cats and the Griz. We also use partials and preferred walkon status alot for those Montana kids that might have a shot to develop into players. Cody Kirk is a good example, but just one of many over the years that were all conference or even all american at Bozeman or Missoula.

As you know we recruit heavily in Texas, but also in California and all of the Northwest states, as do the Griz. We have to in order to be competitive.

Walkon79
December 5th, 2012, 04:54 PM
I would definitely agree with that, I was at Grizzly stadium in 2004...

I would put that noise and attendance against a lot of FBS schools in Texas.

We're not quite there yet, but getting closer. (I wish we had that bowl effect). Those of you that make the trip will be amazed at how loud 18-20,00 can get here too.

The guys from Stony Brook were telling our players it was insane. Louder than Syracuse.

Htownbearkat
December 5th, 2012, 04:58 PM
There are almost 20 pages of football talk(once you take out this last few) hell at some point what else are you going to say?? You got corrected then got upset and proceeded to tell everyone you are the second coming of Ron Mafrige on steroids and not to talk to you and you expected a different outcome? Really???

what a shame he did not live to see the last 2 years. RIP Brother Ron.

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2012, 04:59 PM
So why will this year be different from last years blowout? Ice and snow?

BNATION
December 5th, 2012, 05:00 PM
what a shame he did not live to see the last 2 years. RIP Brother Ron.

Sad day prayers up Uncle Ron

CK34
December 5th, 2012, 05:03 PM
well get used to talking to me because I'm not going anywhere lol

BNATION
December 5th, 2012, 05:05 PM
well get used to talking to me because I'm not going anywhere lol

good deal what do you think about the game, weather, teams left...Dont let me down...GO

Walkon79
December 5th, 2012, 05:06 PM

I know you're trying to be funny, but in all seriousness if those two teams played again the week after, the results may have been different. We scored to cut it to one touchdown right after the half. They promptly scored on the KO return, intercepted a pass and scored again and then the wheels fell off. I'm not saying we were as good or better than the Kats last year, I just don't think 49-13 would have been anywhere near the score had that game been played in Bozeman.

JMO

profisme
December 5th, 2012, 05:06 PM

MSU isn't performing worse and worse as they did at the end of last year. They are actually performing better and better as a team. In their last 5 games, they have turned the ball over only twice. The loss to EWU really woke the team up. That isn't to say that MSU will win the game for sure, but they have a much better chance than they did last year.

Nickels
December 5th, 2012, 05:10 PM
I've gave some of you a hard time but I know the game will be much closer this year. Looking forward to Friday.

BNATION
December 5th, 2012, 05:11 PM
[QUOTE=Walkon79;1910056]I know you're trying to be funny, but in all seriousness if those two teams played again the week after, the results may have been different. We scored to cut it to one touchdown right after the half. They promptly scored on the KO return, intercepted a pass and scored again and then the wheels fell off. I'm not saying we were as good or better than the Kats last year, I just don't think 49-13 would have been anywhere near the score had that game been played in Bozeman.

I dont forsee a blowout at all, close game that will come down to if our defense gets some points early to take the crowd down a peg or two, Nothing deflates em like a house call.

BNATION
December 5th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Excited for the game, got in a serious accident last fall and the playoffs on tv really kept my spirits up as it was touch and gow. I apologize to the other Kay fans

Walkon79
December 5th, 2012, 05:42 PM
This just in from TSN, not that it has any bearing on Friday's outcome :)

"The last Southland Conference team to win a playoff game on the road versus a Big Sky Conference team was Sam Houston State in 2004. Big Sky schools are 21-3 all-time at home in the playoffs versus Southland foes and 6-1 all-time in the quarterfinals."

MSUBobcat
December 5th, 2012, 05:52 PM
xeekx This thread devolved in the opposite way I expected. I think this will be a great game and should be pretty close. I see the Kats ahead at half by a score, but Ash has had an innate ability to coach the team up at halftime, so I think our Cats win by a slim margin. Possibly on the last possession

Walkon79
December 5th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Perez with a 45 yard FG to win it at the buzzer. Right in front of the crazy kids in the SEZ!!!

Griz_are_Beta_AF
December 5th, 2012, 06:02 PM
xeekx This thread devolved in the opposite way I expected. I think this will be a great game and should be pretty close. I see the Kats ahead at half by a score, but Ash has had an innate ability to coach the team up at halftime, so I think our Cats win by a slim margin. Possibly on the last possession

I agree, I see them running all over us in the first quarter, as has happened in our last two games, especially UM. Then our D will wake up and start shutting em down some more. Should be close at halftime and at the end of the game.

BNATION
December 5th, 2012, 06:39 PM
I agree, I see them running all over us in the first quarter, as has happened in our last two games, especially UM. Then our D will wake up and start shutting em down some more. Should be close at halftime and at the end of the game.

I feel the same way close hard fought game. My opinion (biased of course) is that the Kats will get to a lead that will be a little to much to overcome in the end. 20-3 halftime 30-27 final.

BNATION
December 5th, 2012, 07:04 PM

I feel the same way close hard fought game. My opinion (biased of course) is that the Kats will get to a lead that will be a little to much to overcome in the end. 20-3 halftime 30-27 final.

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2012, 07:48 PM
I know you're trying to be funny, but in all seriousness if those two teams played again the week after, the results may have been different. We scored to cut it to one touchdown right after the half. They promptly scored on the KO return, intercepted a pass and scored again and then the wheels fell off. I'm not saying we were as good or better than the Kats last year, I just don't think 49-13 would have been anywhere near the score had that game been played in Bozeman.

JMO

Oh I don't disagree with you, trust me...... just ask my Sammy friends.

kingkat99
December 5th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Oh I don't disagree with you, trust me...... just ask my Sammy friends.
You have Sammie friends?? You sure you didn't mean your "whatever team happens to be playin Sammie friends"

BNATION
December 6th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Pumped for the game, total points for the game. Go.

profisme
December 6th, 2012, 09:15 AM

51 Total Points

SHSU- 24
MSU- 27

Go Cats
December 6th, 2012, 09:22 AM

45 total points
24 cats
21 kats

Walkon79
December 6th, 2012, 09:27 AM
I truly believe that this will be lower scoring with both defenses stepping up big time.

Cats 20
Kats 17

Perez with a 45 yarder at the buzzer to win it.

TheRevSFA
December 6th, 2012, 09:42 AM
I think MSU 28 Sam 24, so 52 total

Sam_Kats
December 6th, 2012, 10:32 AM
I'm Caribbean's friend. Come on, Hen fan, you gotta do it. Predict a Kat loss. It's tradition now. Come on.....you're 1-4 in the playoffs the last 2 years. DO IT!!!

fmrbearkat
December 6th, 2012, 11:56 AM
35-28 Kats

Timmy has a big game this week. Runs for 150+ just because he is trying to stay warm. Several big plays so he gets off the field quick and back to the heaters!! Bell has his game manager type game and Sincere suprises us and actually pitches the ball twice this game!!!!

TheRevSFA
December 6th, 2012, 12:09 PM
That weather forecast is getting worse and worse...

Gonna be fun to watch a snow game though

fmrbearkat
December 6th, 2012, 12:17 PM
That weather forecast is getting worse and worse...

Gonna be fun to watch a snow game though

Looking better to me...yesterday my weather channel app showed a high of 25 low of 15. Now its showing that won't be until saturday. Friday is calling 34 and 22 but snow has increased from 30% to 60%. Hopefully snow will start after 10ish.

TheRevSFA
December 6th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Looking better to me...yesterday my weather channel app showed a high of 25 low of 15. Now its showing that won't be until saturday. Friday is calling 34 and 22 but snow has increased from 30% to 60%. Hopefully snow will start after 10ish.

That's what I meant..the snow forecast is getting upped. 2 inches in the valley and 4-5 in the mountains.

Big deal if you're from Texas

Hammerhead
December 6th, 2012, 01:18 PM
I just realized that this is the Kats vs. the Cats.:o Looking forward to a good game on TV tomorrow night. The snow in the forecast might give a slight advantage to the home team.

fmrbearkat
December 6th, 2012, 01:50 PM
The weather forecast a Bobcat fan just posted on Katfans looks alot different than the weather channel has. It looks nasty!!! Doesn't say where it came from.

This Afternoon: Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 28. Southwest wind 15 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Tonight: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 14. West wind 11 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Friday: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 21. Wind chill values as low as zero. Breezy, with a south southwest wind 13 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Friday Night: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 10. Wind chill values as low as -5. Breezy, with a west southwest wind around 24 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

KATS_21
December 6th, 2012, 01:54 PM
The way I see it, we like to run the ball. MSU has a Texas QB so this snow and cold will have the same impact on him as it does everyone else to some extent.

This game will be won on the ground and I think the Kats can do it. Last week we were off and the O will get rolling again in the snow on the ground.

fmrbearkat
December 6th, 2012, 02:11 PM
x2! Timmy is gonna run wild

robsnotes4u
December 6th, 2012, 02:20 PM
The weather forecast a Bobcat fan just posted on Katfans looks alot different than the weather channel has. It looks nasty!!! Doesn't say where it came from.

This Afternoon: Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 28. Southwest wind 15 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Tonight: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 14. West wind 11 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Friday: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 21. Wind chill values as low as zero. Breezy, with a south southwest wind 13 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Friday Night: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 10. Wind chill values as low as -5. Breezy, with a west southwest wind around 24 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Now that sounds either like Football weather. Hot chocolate, schnapps maybe so coffee and baileys, snowshoe grog, or even ice hole. Kind of reminds me of ice fishing.

For you southern folk, ice fishing is a party on a frozen lake where you drill holes in the ice to fish. Sit back play cards and watch your favorite football game, drinking in the fish house.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MSUBobcat
December 6th, 2012, 02:29 PM
The way I see it, we like to run the ball. MSU has a Texas QB so this snow and cold will have the same impact on him as it does everyone else to some extent.

This game will be won on the ground and I think the Kats can do it. Last week we were off and the O will get rolling again in the snow on the ground.

McGhee may be FROM TX, but he's been in Bozeman for 3 years, both playing and living there, so I'd think he's pretty acclimated by now. I've been in the stands bundled up and he doesn't even wear sleeves! As for the ground game, it's true that wind does change the dynamics to more of a ground game, but for players who have little to no experience running in snow, it's quite a bit different (much like driving on it, which explains why 1" of snow causes pile ups down there and we drive 75 mph through 3" up here xnodx). I see a lot of slips by the boys from SHSU when trying to make cuts until the get a feel for the difference in traction.

robsnotes4u
December 6th, 2012, 02:36 PM
McGhee may be FROM TX, but he's been in Bozeman for 3 years, both playing and living there, so I'd think he's pretty acclimated by now. I've been in the stands bundled up and he doesn't even wear sleeves! As for the ground game, it's true that wind does change the dynamics to more of a ground game, but for players who have little to no experience running in snow, it's quite a bit different (much like driving on it, which explains why 1" of snow causes pile ups down there and we drive 75 mph through 3" up here xnodx). I see a lot of slips by the boys from SHSU when trying to make cuts until the get a feel for the difference in traction.

Good points, and don't forget of the psychological effect it will have on them. It is an unknown, and unknowns are scary.

Snow, and slippery conditions kill speed

Sammy94
December 6th, 2012, 02:37 PM
The boys are in the air headed that way. Hopefully they will be out in the elements tonight to be ready for tomorrow.

MSUBobcat
December 6th, 2012, 02:48 PM
The boys are in the air headed that way. Hopefully they will be out in the elements tonight to be ready for tomorrow.

True. It may be beneficial for them to go out and run around in the snow and get a feel for how it will affect their running style. Snowy conditions really favor a more north-south, ground-and-pound type of rushing attack.

robsnotes4u
December 6th, 2012, 02:54 PM

Probably be out walking around in awe of the beautiful scenery in Bozeman. Too bad they don't get a couple days to sight see. It is one of the most amazing places on earth.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 6th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Probably be out walking around in awe of the beautiful scenery in Bozeman. Too bad they don't get a couple days to sight see. It is one of the most amazing places on earth.

You just made me feel a little ill. I'm back in PA until the New Year....

fmrbearkat
December 6th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Flanders is from Oklahoma....about the same as the Texas panhandle where it snows usually by Halloween. He also spent a year at Kstate where he for sure played in it. This year has been the exception but we usually practice in really cold humid weather down here several times a year towards the end of the season. This year we havent had a freeze....been in the 40's a couple times. supposed to hit mid 20's monday night. Just not 30mph wind and cold weather. I think rain is worse to play in than snow honestly. Snow doesn't weigh you down like rain does!

Go Cats
December 6th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Flanders is from Oklahoma....about the same as the Texas panhandle where it snows usually by Halloween. He also spent a year at Kstate where he for sure played in it. This year has been the exception but we usually practice in really cold humid weather down here several times a year towards the end of the season. This year we havent had a freeze....been in the 40's a couple times. supposed to hit mid 20's monday night. Just not 30mph wind and cold weather. I think rain is worse to play in than snow honestly. Snow doesn't weigh you down like rain does!

You must not have played in snow, you get wet when you play in snow because you are warmer than the snow and then you deal with being wet and what ever the temp is. Wind becomes a big enemy when you are sitting on the sidelines and you are wet and its below freezing. Personally i would rather play in rain because you are weighed down anyway. Fingers and toes are the hardest to keep warm.

CopperCat
December 6th, 2012, 06:08 PM

I lived in Oklahoma for two years after having lived in Bozeman for most of my life (20+). I can tell you that while Kansas does seem to get some nasty winter weather, the few storms that Oklahoma get are nothing compared to a Montana blizzard. The ice storms that came through where I was at were interesting as far as driving around but I never really thought it was "Montana cold."

Oklahoma thunderstorms however are something I will never miss.

CopperCat
December 6th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Current picture from Bozeman:

McNeese75
December 6th, 2012, 06:29 PM
I lived in Oklahoma for two years after having lived in Bozeman for most of my life (20+). I can tell you that while Kansas does seem to get some nasty winter weather, the few storms that Oklahoma get are nothing compared to a Montana blizzard. The ice storms that came through where I was at were interesting as far as driving around but I never really thought it was "Montana cold."

Oklahoma thunderstorms however are something I will never miss.

Pfttttttt, they don't know what a thunderstorms are. Come see ours lol

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 6th, 2012, 06:30 PM

My car is getting tucked in by the old winter blanket at my apartment :p

I really wish I was out there so I could be there tomorrow night. If the title game was still in 'Nooga and they made it I might have grabbed a friend, rented a car and drove down for a relatively cheap adventure.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 6th, 2012, 06:38 PM
I can't see MSU losing this game. Tomorrow night will show why it's so difficult to win on the road in the FCS playoffs. The Bobcats are extremely stout in every facet and they're playing at home, in their element.

Ultimately, it will come down to avoiding mistakes.

fmrbearkat
December 6th, 2012, 06:38 PM
The Bearkat Sports Network head guy just posted a pic on Facebook and looks like about 3 inches or so on the ground at the hotel.

X-Factor
December 6th, 2012, 08:22 PM

I love that weather! But if it is cold, shsu will wilt away by halftime. That is one big advantage that I wish the Bison still had.

coover
December 6th, 2012, 08:32 PM
This will be a very interesting game, I think SHSU sneaks by even on the road...They'll feel like Bare Kats at the game!

coover
December 6th, 2012, 08:44 PM
The game saturday was a travesty for SHSU... Besides winning, no disrespect to Cal Poly but we played our worse game of the year and still won. Once again a case of Montana schools being over confident even after Bearkats last year.You should have a lot of respect for Cal Poly. They were the best team on the field last Saturday, but had some key turnovers and lost the game. And of course it was your "worse" (sic: worst) game of the year. Your team simply played a better team and won.

Griz_are_Beta_AF
December 6th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Rumor has it our tickets are sold out, which they weren't last week. So it'll be even louder. Players from SBU said we were louder than 'Cuse was so that could be another factor for the game. Hopefully all the snow doesn't scare the out of towners from coming down, though I doubt it will.

CopperCat
December 6th, 2012, 09:26 PM
The roads should be ok by tomorrow afternoon. Bozeman pass and homestake pass are a bit tricky with some shaded spots at certain times but even those should be alright if the plows stay on top of it.

profisme
December 6th, 2012, 09:37 PM
The roads should be ok by tomorrow afternoon. Bozeman pass and homestake pass are a bit tricky with some shaded spots at certain times but even those should be alright if the plows stay on top of it.

Homestake pass can be a real pain. IMO the worst spot to drive from Bilings to Bozeman is around Reed Point because there are spots where the sun never seems to hit the road due to the curves and tall hills. Everyone making the drive tomorrow, drive safely and hopefully we'll see you at the game!

kakat10
December 6th, 2012, 10:35 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/07/usy4unem.jpg

From this evening.

Southern Bison
December 6th, 2012, 11:51 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/07/usy4unem.jpg

From this evening.

Football in December the way it ought to be with the yardlines shoveled off and the thunder of gloved hands cheering.

MSUBobcat
December 7th, 2012, 12:30 AM
Rumor has it our tickets are sold out, which they weren't last week. So it'll be even louder. Players from SBU said we were louder than 'Cuse was so that could be another factor for the game. Hopefully all the snow doesn't scare the out of towners from coming down, though I doubt it will.

Myself and a fellow MSU grad will be coming from Billings come hell or high water xthumbsupx. Then after freezing my a$$ off I turn around Saturday to fly out Sunday morning to bask in the sun in Cabo to thaw out. Hope the Cats send me off on happy trails. For those interested, there is a webcam on the MSU campus that you can control for 1 min at a time with different presets (one of which is Bobcat Stadium) at http://cateye.msu.montana.edu/. I'd wait until daylight tho, as the night pics are somewhat grainy.

robsnotes4u
December 7th, 2012, 12:58 AM
From the Bozeman Newspaper for Friday
Snow Showers

High of
30°
with a low of
16°

Chance of Precip: 90%

Wind: SW at 9 to 9mph

Nickels
December 7th, 2012, 01:13 AM
xlolx the paper

According to weather underground

5pm- 37 48rh
8pm- 30 71rh
11pm- 32 74rh

15-20mph winds

NOAA

6pm -30
9pm - 29

rh 86-88

both forecast snow

It will be cold & wet but IMO nothing that will affect the game too much, maybe just enough to slow down MSU passing game which I believe is their only way to beat SHSU.

MSUBobcat
December 7th, 2012, 02:15 AM
xlolx the paper

According to weather underground

5pm- 37 48rh
8pm- 30 71rh
11pm- 32 74rh

15-20mph winds

NOAA

6pm -30
9pm - 29

rh 86-88

both forecast snow

It will be cold & wet but IMO nothing that will affect the game too much, maybe just enough to slow down MSU passing game which I believe is their only way to beat SHSU.

Cold and snow will have little affect on McGhee delivering the ball, IMO, as he will have his feet planted unless on the run; wind possibly, but there are so many predictions out there, its hard to trust (could be anywhere from 8 to 17 at gametime, depending on the site). I think footing on the snow will have a bigger impact. If SHSU tries stringing out the play horizontally, when the runner tries to make his cut into an open gap, I see him tackling himself quite a bit, at least until they realize they can't make 90 degree cuts at speed.

Nickels
December 7th, 2012, 02:41 AM
no where i've looked had game time temperature predicted anywhere near 8-17. All are in low 30's and upper 20's.

MSUBobcat
December 7th, 2012, 02:46 AM
Cold and snow will have little affect on McGhee delivering the ball, IMO, as he will have his feet planted unless on the run; wind possibly, but there are so many predictions out there, its hard to trust (could be anywhere from 8 to 17 at gametime, depending on the site). I think footing on the snow will have a bigger impact. If SHSU tries stringing out the play horizontally, when the runner tries to make his cut into an open gap, I see him tackling himself quite a bit, at least until they realize they can't make 90 degree cuts at speed.

no where i've looked had game time temperature predicted anywhere near 8-17. All are in low 30's and upper 20's.

Reading comprehension my friend. Was talking about wind speed, not temp.

Nickels
December 7th, 2012, 02:47 AM
Reading comprehension my friend. Was talking about wind speed, not temp.
ahhh got me there. my mistake. its been a long day with finals.

MSUBobcat
December 7th, 2012, 02:57 AM

No worries. It's late. Should be a great game in about 15 hrs. xthumbsupx

robsnotes4u
December 7th, 2012, 08:17 AM

Low of 16 today, but lets say it is 20 ans you have a 15 mph wind, windchill is 6. I doubt tho SHSU don't have a clue what that feels like.

Ever tried to catch a greased pig? Imagine a frozen pigskin football, your hands are so cold you can't feel your fingers, your muscles don't work like they should, lack of oxygen, and your body is in protection mode, not to imagine the psychological effect.

This is going to be fun

xcoach2
December 7th, 2012, 08:26 AM
McGhee sucks. He's terri****.

xcoach2
December 7th, 2012, 08:27 AM
I love how MSU fans are praying for inclimate wather. Bunch' of softies (like their football team).

robsnotes4u
December 7th, 2012, 08:42 AM
McGhee sucks. He's terri****.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=g43u7uTJ8kc&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dg43u7uTJ8kc

You can quit hiding behind the name xcoach2, because I found you. Scarecrow, go ahead and sing you song, "if I only had a brain"

xcoach2
December 7th, 2012, 08:45 AM
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=g43u7uTJ8kc&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dg43u7uTJ8kc

You can quit hiding behind the name xcoach2, because I found you. Scarecrow, go ahead and sing you song, "if I only had a brain"

Nice personal attack. McGhee was turrible last year in Huntsville. There's a reason no Texas schools offered him a scholarship. You think he chose MSU because he likes wilderness fatties?

Hammerhead
December 7th, 2012, 08:50 AM
They did a good job of clearing the parking lots and the field 2 years ago when there was several inches of snow the day or two before hosting NDSU. One of the local TV stations is forecasting 32° and snow for kickoff. http://www.nbcmontana.com/ktvm/weather

deez_na
December 7th, 2012, 08:51 AM
I love how MSU fans are praying for inclimate wather. Bunch' of softies (like their football team).

Coach, you talking smack some more? You never quit, after tonight you might shut it for awhile.

kingkat99
December 7th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Nice personal attack. McGhee was turrible last year in Huntsville. There's a reason no Texas schools offered him a scholarship. You think he chose MSU because he likes wilderness fatties?

Chubby Chaser anyone??

kakat10
December 7th, 2012, 09:13 AM
I think the snow works in Sam Houston's favor. It makes the game one dimensional and I like our run defense and offense.

Walkon79
December 7th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Football in December the way it ought to be with the yardlines shoveled off and the thunder of gloved hands cheering.

Kinda miss being outside, dont ya Southern? :) :)

Walkon79
December 7th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Coach, you talking smack some more? You never quit, after tonight you might shut it for awhile.

We can only hope!!!

One of the only trolls on this thread, but I guess everyone has them. Hope to see you in Frisco, Deez!!!

Sam_Kats
December 7th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Eat em up Kats!! Come on 7pm!!

deez_na
December 7th, 2012, 09:51 AM
We can only hope!!!

One of the only trolls on this thread, but I guess everyone has them. Hope to see you in Frisco, Deez!!!

I hope we get back there, NDSU vs MSU would be a great Title game.

clawman
December 7th, 2012, 10:02 AM

Yes, they seem to be relying on in-climate weather to help them win. Must not be very confident in their teams capabilities otherwise.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 7th, 2012, 10:10 AM

what is inclimate weather?

CrazyCat
December 7th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Yes, they seem to be relying on in-climate weather to help them win. Must not be very confident in their teams capabilities otherwise.

Don't we, as fans, look at every angle, stat, or storyline to try and find an advantage over an opponent ?

Twentysix
December 7th, 2012, 10:17 AM
what is inclimate weather?

I believe Tay Zonday calls it Chocolate rain.

TheRevSFA
December 7th, 2012, 10:42 AM

Hope you did well on them, kid.

Gotta keep that good GPA

robsnotes4u
December 7th, 2012, 11:09 AM

I suppose he wanted to go to a school to get a great education, and not a "turrible" one like you must have received. It was hard to type in the word turrible as my spell check kept saying, wtf.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Is this game on ESPNU tonight??

Sorry, if this has been posted on here already....

Tubakat2014
December 7th, 2012, 11:12 AM
I suppose he wanted to go to a school to get a great education, and not a "turrible" one like you must have received. It was hard to type in the word turrible as my spell check kept saying, wtf.

Man, that's just turrible. Turrible, turrible, turrible...

Sammy94
December 7th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Is this game on ESPNU tonight??

On the deuce. ESPN 2

fmrbearkat
December 7th, 2012, 11:18 AM
We sure wont lay down like all the MSU folks think we will. They seem to think it doesn't get cold down here. It got down to mid teens for nearly a week straight last year and add the humidity into that and it feels alot colder than it does in dry air! The wind will work in our favor...we don't need to throw the ball much to win this game! I think it will be a pretty even game but don't expect us to roll over because its a little cool! I expect our coaches to have the proper equipment to keep our fair weather football players nice and toasty!!

robsnotes4u
December 7th, 2012, 11:28 AM
We sure wont lay down like all the MSU folks think we will. They seem to think it doesn't get cold down here. It got down to mid teens for nearly a week straight last year and add the humidity into that and it feels alot colder than it does in dry air! The wind will work in our favor...we don't need to throw the ball much to win this game! I think it will be a pretty even game but don't expect us to roll over because its a little cool! I expect our coaches to have the proper equipment to keep our fair weather football players nice and toasty!!

Don't expect anyone to lay down. I think all four games are coin flips. Everyone has advantages and disadvantages. IMO the advantage goes to the offense in bad weather, if you are use to playing in those conditions. The offense knows where they are going, and the defense doesn't. Reacting is tougher on a slippery surface.

This type of conditions can bring on more injuries, lets hope that isn't the case today.

Good luck to SHSU, both teams are winners, unfortunately only one moves on.

CopperCat
December 7th, 2012, 11:46 AM

Why don't you piss off and worry about your own game? Once again, you have nothing intelligent to say so just leave.

fmrbearkat
December 7th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Very impressed with all the MSU fans on here! Definately don't want any injuries on either side because I'm sure most of us Kats will be rooting for y'all the rest of the way if we lose! The NDSU fans were great for the most part in FRisco but some of them on here sure have an entitled attitude that is annoying! Hope we play well tonight and its a great game win or lose so y'all enjoy a good game! First one I've missed in two years but I'm not gonna be too sad all nice and warm watching it on the big screen!!

xcoach2
December 7th, 2012, 11:47 AM

Somewhere Charles Barkley is shaking his head...

profisme
December 7th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Somewhere Charles Barkley is shaking his head...

And I'm sure somewhere, somebody cares.

Griz_are_Beta_AF
December 7th, 2012, 01:10 PM
They did a good job of clearing the parking lots and the field 2 years ago when there was several inches of snow the day or two before hosting NDSU. One of the local TV stations is forecasting 32° and snow for kickoff. http://www.nbcmontana.com/ktvm/weather

It's only 21° here in Bozeman right now, I don't think it'll get up to 32 at all today honestly. We'll see about snow, it's still 6 hours away but it's sunny with only a few clouds in the sky at the moment.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 7th, 2012, 01:19 PM
How is SHSU passing attack this year? SHSU's offense last year seemed to be using Flanders to setup some big pass plays down the field. The weather, assuming it's not a blizzard, will provide some passing opportunities. For that reason I like McGee's ability to make plays with his arm and his legs.

fmrbearkat
December 7th, 2012, 01:23 PM
How is SHSU passing attack this year? SHSU's offense last year seemed to be using Flanders to setup some big pass plays down the field. The weather, assuming it's not a blizzard, will provide some passing opportunities. For that reason I like McGee's ability to make plays with his arm and his legs.

About the same as last year. Diller #18 is our best receiver. Still very efficient passer rating but rarely breaks 200 yards.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 7th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Why don't you piss off and worry about your own game? Once again, you have nothing intelligent to say so just leave.

Or you could just take your midol...

Twentysix
December 7th, 2012, 02:11 PM
lets go 'Cats!

fmrbearkat
December 7th, 2012, 02:13 PM
lets go 'Kats!

Fixed it for ya!! Need to learn how to spell!!

Walkon79
December 7th, 2012, 02:15 PM

He thinks he's Charles Barkley :)

caribbeanhen
December 7th, 2012, 02:16 PM
I'm Caribbean's friend. Come on, Hen fan, you gotta do it. Predict a Kat loss. It's tradition now. Come on.....you're 1-4 in the playoffs the last 2 years. DO IT!!!

it's already been done - 2-4 after tonight's brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrcats game, as for me, I've managed to pull myself out of the sun baked pool, a balmy 82 degrees down here today under the palms, just wanted to soak in some rays prior to the game in case I started getting chilled watching, snow and ice are things I don't like, I can even tolerate BrrrCat fans better than the cold stuff.... hoping your refs didn't make the flight with you and we have a clean unbiased game and may the best team win..... lets go Montana State

CopperCat
December 7th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Or you could just take your midol...

Go do your homework. Wouldn't want to fail out of your senior year for the fifth time.

MSUBobcat
December 7th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Weather Channel is saying only 10% chance of snow til 8 pm so likely just a cool, windy 1st half, which probably negatively affects the Cats more, then a slick, snowy 2nd half, which likely would have a more adverse affect on the Kats. I like my prediction of Sam being up at half and MSU coming back in the 2nd half, especially after Ash makes his trademark halftime adjustments.

BNATION
December 7th, 2012, 02:37 PM
it's already been done - 2-4 after tonight's brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrcats game, as for me, I've managed to pull myself out of the sun baked pool, a balmy 82 degrees down here today under the palms, just wanted to soak in some rays prior to the game in case I started getting chilled watching, snow and ice are things I don't like, I can even tolerate BrrrCat fans better than the cold stuff.... hoping your refs didn't make the flight with you and we have a clean unbiased game and may the best team win..... lets go Montana State
Clean and unbiased? Where did this guy come from. You can't blame refs for a 30 point loss. This game will be decided by the young men strapping it up not refs and if you talk to any of the opposing losing teams last year they will tell you. We just didn't play well enough to win the football game. Excuses are like ..... Well you get the point.

Sam_Kats
December 7th, 2012, 02:42 PM
My friend, Caribbean, is stil mad his Hens aren't playing. Logic would tell him to bet on the Kats after his record but you've seen his posts....not much logic to it.

Sammy94
December 7th, 2012, 02:44 PM
especially after Ash makes his trademark halftime adjustments.

Trademark adjustments at halftime? Like the ones in Huntsville last year? :D

BNATION
December 7th, 2012, 02:50 PM
I truly hopes he makes his "trademark" adjustments, haha but in all seriousness it will be close and I hope mr Hen gets a sunburn.

MSUBobcat
December 7th, 2012, 02:59 PM

Last year probably had more to do with the players performing badly than Ash's coaching. Ride just got here. Off to Bozeman.

bobcateconomist
December 7th, 2012, 03:08 PM

I don't blame you for having one data point. He's usually pretty good in rectifying the errors of the first half, so that the team buttons down and has a knock out second half. We'll see.

robsnotes4u
December 7th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Would you look at this from 5 dimes.
141 Sam Houston State +8 -235 Over 53½ +135
142 Montana State -8 +195 Under 53½ -155

Bronco
December 7th, 2012, 03:53 PM
-
I've only seen one game that SAM played and that was Baylor. I was very impressed.

I've seen parts of most of the cat games this year and I haven't been impressed
It could be my dislike for the cat fans that is coloring my judgement and I'm sure that is part of it but I just don't see them wining this game.

24-17 the good Kats

Gil Dobie
December 7th, 2012, 04:20 PM
41-35 SAM

bobcateconomist
December 7th, 2012, 04:20 PM
-
I've only seen one game that SAM played and that was Baylor. I was very impressed.

I've seen parts of most of the cat games this year and I haven't been impressed
It could be my dislike for the cat fans that is coloring my judgement and I'm sure that is part of it but I just don't see them wining this game.

24-17 the good Kats

I'm sorry you have a dislike for us, Bobcat fans, but I will say that regardless of what happens on the field, Bobcat fans will not be "wining" at the game. We prefer beer... and winning.

ITmonarch10
December 7th, 2012, 04:23 PM
A Few hours until there are only 7 teams remaining. GL Sam Houston and Montana St

Tubakat2014
December 7th, 2012, 05:05 PM
My prediction is 28-24 Sam. Still though, this game makes me more nervous than I was before Frisco last year. Regarding the weather, I think the Kats will handle the cold better than most people are expecting, but it's going to be a nuisance for sure. If Ruse makes the disgustingly simple decision to give Flanders a ton of carries, we've got a pretty good shot. I just don't see our passing game being successful tonight- I hope I can eat some crow after the game.

MTfan4life
December 7th, 2012, 05:20 PM
http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/7941/fcs.png

The FCS is getting some love tonight on ESPN's streak for the cash! They've nicely manipulated the display of the matchup to make Montana State look like overwhelming favorites to outsiders, aka 99.9% of people participating.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 7th, 2012, 05:32 PM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/380217_10151103059041152_718267384_n.jpg

steelr7
December 7th, 2012, 05:48 PM
I'm going with Montana State tonight. 24-20. Should be a great game. Looking forward to it!

robsnotes4u
December 7th, 2012, 05:49 PM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/380217_10151103059041152_718267384_n.jpg

Looks like the Miles City crew is ready to go in the big white tent.

fmrbearkat
December 7th, 2012, 06:13 PM
I don't want any Kats breaking anybody's 7k dollar camera now you hear!!!!! Look how pretty of a picture it takes!!! Seriously though....nice pic

robsnotes4u
December 7th, 2012, 06:18 PM
It is going to get a little cold after the sun goes down. Stoke up the heaters, get your favorite antifreeze in you if you are there. For everyone at home, sit back and enjoy. It is almost game time.

McNeese72
December 7th, 2012, 06:27 PM

Nice photo, Alpha.

Doc

KATS_21
December 7th, 2012, 06:51 PM

Nice photo Alpha.....I still think your story from last year was extreme BS.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Mr. C is sitting down the street from Ballard Stadium/Foreman Field across the street from the Old Dominion campus at a sports bar/restaurant in the Norfolk Marriott. I'll try to post as much of my normal game blog as I can as I watch this one on ESPN2 tonight. Anybody posting from the game in Bozeman?

Mr. C
December 7th, 2012, 06:56 PM
I'm going with Montana State tonight. 24-20. Should be a great game. Looking forward to it!

I picked Montana State to win last year, in hopes of a second Brawl of the Wild in one year. The Cats let me down.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 7th, 2012, 06:56 PM

That looks awesome!

Screamin_Eagle174
December 7th, 2012, 06:57 PM
I picked Montana State to win last year, in hopes of a second Brawl of the Wild in one year. The Cats let me down.

Same, although I wasn't too disappointed either way.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Mr. C is sitting down the street from Ballard Stadium/Foreman Field across the street from the Old Dominion campus at a sports bar/restaurant in the Norfolk Marriott. I'll try to post as much of my normal game blog as I can as I watch this one on ESPN2 tonight. Anybody posting from the game in Bozeman?

I was hanging with a Big Sky officiating crew in the hotel lobby for a few minutes as they were on their way to dinner tonight, including a side judge who was sporting a cast on his left arm after breaking his wrist in a fall in an earlier game this season. With a Big Sky crew doing the ODU-GSU game, heaven help us all.

Who is officiating the MSU-SHSU game. SoCon?

Mr. C
December 7th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Same, although I wasn't too disappointed either way.

You should be in for a heck of a game tomorrow on the Tabasco Turf.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Looks clear and cold in Bozeman.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2012, 07:05 PM
The Old Dominion crowd in here watching seems to think they get the winner of the MSU-SHSU game, even after they just showed the bracket on TV. Wrong answer. And better take care of Georgia Southern first. which won't be easy.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2012, 07:07 PM
SHSU is kicking off.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2012, 07:07 PM
And a big hit on MSU on the Bobcat 10.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Nice completion from McGhee to Shawn Johnson to the 33 to get the QB a quick completion.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2012, 07:09 PM
McGhee with a slant completion to make it 3rd and 1.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2012, 07:11 PM
SHSU brings pressure to force a McGhee incompletion on 3rd down and the punt puts SHSU in business at the 28.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Flanders to the 32.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Flanders cutback to the 38. 1st down.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Bell for 1 on a busted play and holding to boot on the Bearkats.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Draw play to Flanders is stuffed.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Option to Flanders left for a short gain. 3rd and long.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Bell is flushed and throws low on the run. 4th and long. Punt time.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 7th, 2012, 07:18 PM
You should be in for a heck of a game tomorrow on the Tabasco Turf.

Indeed, I can't wait.

theasushow
December 7th, 2012, 07:20 PM
During the pregame espn annnouncers said "MSU's only loss of the season came to defending National Champion Eastern Washington"....NDSU'S win must not have counted.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2012, 07:21 PM
McGhee scrambles to the 24.

Mr. C
Interception by SHSU. Kenneth Jenkins with the pick on a bad decision by McGhee.

catbob
Also said last week was our first home game since 84...

Also, *****.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 7th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Incredible pick! Way to get a foot in.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Jenkins did a great job to get a foot down. SHSU ball at the MSU 41 and Sincere dashes to the four on a catch and run.

catbob
McGhee hasn't pulled one of those since before EWU.... come on D!

Or not. This is a terrible start.

Mr. C
Flanders to the one

Mr. C
December 7th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Nice surge for MSU to stuff a run at the two on a zone read.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2012, 07:25 PM
False start on SHSU on the option. Now 3rd and 7.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Bell rollout and pass to Diller is incomplete near the flag.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 7th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Nice stand by the MSU D.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Field goal for SHSU to make it 3-0 with 6:26 left. Nice hold by the MSU defense to avoid a TD with second and goal from the one.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2012, 07:29 PM
During the pregame espn annnouncers said "MSU's only loss of the season came to defending National Champion Eastern Washington"....NDSU'S win must not have counted.

That's bad. Almost as bad as the guy sitting next to me who told his friend that this was a Division II game. I corrected him. Doesn't even know his own school is FCS, Division I.

catamount man
December 7th, 2012, 07:31 PM
MSU's #33 is a pansy. Can't take a hit, quit playing football.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Big hit as Johnson returned the kick for MSU and he lost his composure and went after Jenkins. Totally clean hit. MSU ball at the 27. Missed tackles on second down and Jon Ellis takes the ball to the 46.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Interesting spot gives MSU a first down.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 7th, 2012, 07:34 PM

xthumbsupx

catbob
December 7th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Johnson (33) is a bit of a hothead for sure. Lucky he didn't draw a PF on that one.

catbob
December 7th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Interesting spot gives MSU a first down.

I thought the same with a SHSU first down on their first drive, so it's even. :)

Mr. D
You know what is bad, you sound like a guy who is sitting by himself in a crappy sports bar in Norfolk posting like a madman about some no name game.

Mr. C
Why are we showing an NBA box next to the FCS game? Ugh.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2012, 07:38 PM
You know what is bad, you sound like a guy who is sitting by himself in a crappy sports bar in Norfolk posting like a madman about some no name game.

Not a no-name game to the folks in Montana and Texas and everywhere else where we love FCS. Go away troll.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Must have been an ODU fan there. McGhee runs to the SHSU 11.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Orenzo Davis was open for a TD and McGhee missed him.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2012, 07:40 PM
McGhee read option to the five. 3rd and 4.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2012, 07:40 PM
What happened there on that TD?

Mr. C
December 7th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Illegal forward pass to OT Steven Foster.

FargoBison
December 7th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Which conference are these refs from?

catbob
December 7th, 2012, 07:42 PM
What the hell, why wasn't he eligible?

Sam_Kats
December 7th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Very simple guys...he was covered on the line & it was a FWd pass. Dumb challenge by Coach Ash. Very dumb!

Mr. C
December 7th, 2012, 07:43 PM
The TD pass and penalty call is under review.

BisonFan02
December 7th, 2012, 07:43 PM
What the hell, why wasn't he eligible?

WR was on the line of scrimmage and covered the LT.

catbob
December 7th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Fair enough. Bummer on that. Settle for 3 now. :P

Mr. C
December 7th, 2012, 07:44 PM
McGhee with the read option but it is short of the goal line. Field Goal time.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2012, 07:45 PM
MSU settles for the 27-yard field goal and it is 3-3 late in the first period.

catbob
December 7th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Alright defense, your turn!

Mr. C
December 7th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Good kickoff coverage for MSU. SHSU will start at the 21.

Injury for DB Mike Littleton of SHSU. Looks like a knee problem.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Hard run for Flanders to the 27.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Bell complete at the sideline to Diller near the SHSU 45.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2012, 07:50 PM
End of the first period

Sam Houston State 3
Montana State 3