PDA

View Full Version : Wofford vs North Dakota State

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

citdog
December 8th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Should the Terriers even come out in the second half?

it'll be too loud and the building will probably fall down.

Hammerhead
December 8th, 2012, 03:23 PM
espn3.com and espn gameplan.

Should be a good 2nd half.

Is this game on TV and or online?

X-Factor
December 8th, 2012, 03:25 PM
tourism is a billion dollar industry for South Carolina. You have lived in North Dakota and Ohio.........places people FLEE from not visit.

Flee from eh? North Dakota had the lowest unemployment in the US with population growth much higher than most states. North Dakota has people FLOCKING here for the great opportunity, low taxes, and huge budget surplus

GSUwinsagain
December 8th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Flee from eh? North Dakota had the lowest unemployment in the US with population growth much higher than most states. North Dakota has people FLOCKING here for the great opportunity, low taxes, and huge budget surplus

Flocking there to work in oil industry and make lots of money and build houses for the many newcomers.

BullDog85
Wofford looks like a pretty physical team. I wonder how long they can keep it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The entire game. Ayer's doesn't coach any slackers.

sgt smash
Yes. Tourism talk in a football forum. Great job. Ignore the idiots and keep this intelligent.

NoDak 4 Ever

Don't get into an argument with him. I keep forgetting that all you get is **** on you when you do.

Bisonator
December 8th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Game should actually be 7-0 Bison. If Brock wouldn't feel like throwing pick sixes and wofford wouldn't have to molest receivers.

Bison should win as long as we don't beat ourselves again just like the ISUb game.

cbarrier90

You're talking to a guy whose school is located in Charleston, SC. You won't win this argument.

steelr7
Good first half. NDSU offense chewing up some clock. Can't give up the turnovers but otherwise not to shabby. Waiting to see if Wofford tries to drop one over the top of the secondary as they have not even attempted a pass. Bison D is strong but seeing it now in person #7 is a tank. Have to keep him bottled up.

BullDog85
I for one am unimpressed by the Wofford O. No scores and only 110 yards of offense. Lookin forward to seeing what adjustments are made in the 2nd half.
Concur. Rat Dog O needs to show up or they're going home. NDSU has had ball 5 times vs Rat Dog 4 times and had 2 punts and fumble and time run out.

citdog
December 8th, 2012, 03:29 PM

and the majesty of NOTHING.

dungeonjoe
I wish I could understand what these guys are saying on the soccer promo commercial

walliver
Should the Terriers even come out in the second half?

As long as the yellow flags don't come out, too.

citdog
You're talking to a guy whose school is located in Charleston, SC. You won't win this argument.

Indeed.

citdog
December 8th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Good first half. NDSU offense chewing up some clock. Can't give up the turnovers but otherwise not to shabby. Waiting to see if Wofford tries to drop one over the top of the secondary as they have not even attempted a pass. Bison D is strong but seeing it now in person #7 is a tank. Have to keep him bottled up.

it would suprise me if the BEAR JEW didn't break a long one. he usually does.

dungeonjoe
December 8th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Low scoring, smash mouth half. Kind of what I figured. Wofford O needs to step up.

Bisonator
Let's try to keep the convo on the game.

Wofford #7 reminds me alot of Roehl. That guy was a beast, good size and speed, tough to bring down. Bison doing a good job on him to this point.

NoDak 4 Ever
Breitenstein with 42 yds at half. Sounds about right.

dungeonjoe
December 8th, 2012, 03:33 PM
And Johnson with the same amount.

citdog
December 8th, 2012, 03:33 PM

but y'all were going to hold him to less then zenner got remember?

Bisonator
December 8th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Bison know exactly what Wofford is going to do offensively, yet it's still tough to stop completely.

dungeonjoe
December 8th, 2012, 03:34 PM
I think he means EB is on par for a 100 yd. game. xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2012, 03:36 PM

Nah, I figured 100 or so ineffective yds on the way to a loss.

ALPHAGRIZ1
If NDSU doesnt turn the ball over they are unbeatable by any of the teams left. VERY average field this year with the exception being NDSU nobody is in their league.

dwtime
espn3.com and espn gameplan.

Should be a good 2nd half.

Thanks

Bisonator
Bison are content letting him get some yards. Just trying to stop them from scoring. So far mission accomplished!

bisonguy
December 8th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Hey ESPN, how about doing a short (like 60 seconds) promo for each school in the current round of the playoffs and play them during halftime? I seriously couldn't care less about Johnyy FBS Overhype, especially when I'm watcing a FCS game that you don't want to televise on one of your networks.

dungeonjoe
December 8th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Bison know exactly what Wofford is going to do offensively, yet it's still tough to stop completely.
That is the point that so many people who have seen Wofford play have tried to make. Nevertheless, Bison D has done very well thus far.

Bisonator
December 8th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Hey ESPN, how about doing a short (like 60 seconds) promo for each school in the current round of the playoffs and play them during halftime? I seriously couldn't care less about Johnyy FBS Overhype, especially when I'm watcing a FCS game that you don't want to televise on one of your networks.

ESPN SUCKS!

BNATION
December 8th, 2012, 03:39 PM
If NDSU doesnt turn the ball over they are unbeatable by any of the teams left. VERY average field this year with the exception being NDSU nobody is in their league.

We will see.

dungeonjoe
Bison are content letting him get some yards. Just trying to stop them from scoring. So far mission accomplished!
I hear you, but some of your breathern bison made a big deal about shutting down EB. They might yet.

GATA

yeah...I don't know about all of that. I think everybody left is capable of beating them...even if they don't turn it over.

BNATION
December 8th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Looked pretty beatable agains Indiana, SDSU, And southern Illinois.

NoDak 4 Ever
yeah...I don't know about all of that. I think everybody left is capable of beating them...even if they don't turn it over.

That GSU team I saw today will not come in to the Fargodome and win.

Bisonator
Hey a pass.

citdog
December 8th, 2012, 03:43 PM
That GSU team I saw today will not come in to the Fargodome and win.

in your polluted mind the Atlanta Falcons couldn't either.

NoDak 4 Ever
Looked pretty beatable agains Indiana, SDSU, And southern Illinois.

You mean the SDSU team that got destroyed last week? A lot of **** talking from the teams that lost last year.

CID1990
Except these teams actually play football in December. Ever wonder what that's like?

I remember it quite well. I don't remember the bison being there, or even in the division, for that matter.

You really are the a$$ everybody says you are.

NoDak 4 Ever
in your polluted mind the Atlanta Falcons couldn't either.

shhh. The grown ups are talking.

BNATION
December 8th, 2012, 03:45 PM
You mean the SDSU team that got destroyed last week? A lot of **** talking from the teams that lost last year.

Not in the first game. Some average teams have hung around with y'all. Now I do think that the KATS are the only team left that could beat y'all. Old Dominion would have given y'all a headache as well I think if they had won.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
LOL, wow, what a strip!!

Ginsbach
Travis Beck comes up huge with another forced fumble.

DJKyR0
December 8th, 2012, 03:46 PM
There's fumble number two. Oops.

dwtime
December 8th, 2012, 03:47 PM
That looked like an old style vollyball serve!

GATA
December 8th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Yeah, NDSU might be the best team in the history of football. I just don't see how it's possible for them to lose.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 8th, 2012, 03:48 PM
NDSU looking for the kill shot on this drive...

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2012, 03:48 PM
that was crazy! poor Johnson was the only one with a chance on it.

Sam_Kats
December 8th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Well, the Griz aren't in again so it's a weak field. Got it.

BNATION
December 8th, 2012, 03:51 PM

Those Griz are something else. Poor sports after semi final loss last year as well.

GATA
December 8th, 2012, 03:52 PM

yeah... a few weeks ago (playoff selection time) this was the strongest field of all time.

Get the **** outta here with that "weak field" BS. All of the remaining teams are very good. NDSU has by far the best defense left in the field which is precisely why they are the #1 seed. Their only real weakness is that their offense is far from a juggernaut. The fact that they don't really beat themselves is what makes them championship caliber.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 8th, 2012, 03:56 PM
NDSU just needs to avoid making a mistake. No way can Wofford drive the field against them without the slightest threat of the pass imo.

Bisonator
December 8th, 2012, 04:02 PM
NDSU just needs to avoid making a mistake. No way can Wofford drive the field against them without the slightest threat of the pass imo.

I agree. A FG here would almost seal the win IMO.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 8th, 2012, 04:03 PM
I agree. A FG here would almost seal the win IMO.

Wow, and there's the mistake. Luckily it's deep in WC territory.

dwtime
Bad fumble there

BullDog85
Thought Bison was going to put it out of reach on this drive...

Lehigh'98
December 8th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Looks like Woffy will cover the 16 pt spread

NoDak 4 Ever
He just dropped that. Not forced at all.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
and Wofford finally breaks a big run...

NoDak 4 Ever
3rd Stringer in. Woo!

Sam_Kats
December 8th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Who fumbled?

BullDog85
December 8th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Da Jooo is over 100 yrds!

Cleets
December 8th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Da Jooo is over 100 yrds!

He's going to need about 50 more to win this game...

Gaterrier
December 8th, 2012, 04:08 PM
3rd stringer that has played more than our "2nd stringer". These announcers didn't read the SID report.

He's been the most consistent performer, and led the team to the SoCon title in OT. He'll be OK.

BullDog85
December 8th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Tough decision for Wofford...naw.

Red & Black
December 8th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Wonder if the Bizon fans will blame Bill Fette for that spot.

dwtime
December 8th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Ouch

Ginsbach
December 8th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Miss a 26 yard kick?

Wow.

Gaterrier
December 8th, 2012, 04:14 PM
That just sucks.

walliver
That's why you should always go for it on 4th down.

Red & Black
Whoops. That was Wofford's best chance to get back in the game.

Ginsbach
That's why you should always go for it on 4th down.

Or have a competent kicker.

NoDak 4 Ever
WOW

Cleets
SoCon kicking fundamentals
Grade: F-

GATA
December 8th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Bruh...if you think that's bad...you haven't seen ****.

Georgia Southern is BY FAR the worst kicking team in the country. We're like 7 for 20 on the season. It's a miracle we're in the semifinals which such a **** kicking game.

What makes it worse is that our kicker last year was one of the best in the country....

Bisonator
SOCON teams should probably look for kickers!

SingForever
What a crock of ****

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 8th, 2012, 04:16 PM
It's amazing how bad FG kicking in FCS is. It really hurt Lehigh against NDSU last year.

walliver
December 8th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Or have a competent kicker.

Our starting kicker in injured.

OL FU
December 8th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Come on Walliver. Pull them throughxthumbsupx

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Looks like it was tipped. That's just good defense!

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 8th, 2012, 04:19 PM

You of all people should realize how weak the field is you just *** pounded the #3 team last night in their house. Then I state will take out the #2 team. I know a lot of people think the BSC is a tough one but I never have, its the Griz and maybe one other team that is above .500 but the idiots like the EWU fans need to matter so much they talk like they are good and the conference is good when its just not the case.

Bisonator
December 8th, 2012, 04:22 PM
This may be Woffords last chance.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 8th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Wofford has controlled the ball this half. Maybe the NDSU defense is getting a little tired?

GATA
December 8th, 2012, 04:23 PM
This may be Woffords last chance.

I think you're right. NDSU's commitment to running the clock is impressive. Quite the opposite approach compared to all of the fast-paced spread teams you see today.

Sam_Kats
December 8th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Alpha - sounds more like the kid who didn't get invited to the party, then calls ALL PARTIES stupid.

Either way, tune in next week.

BNATION
December 8th, 2012, 04:27 PM
You of all people should realize how weak the field is you just *** pounded the #3 team last night in their house. Then I state will take out the #2 team. I know a lot of people think the BSC is a tough one but I never have, its the Griz and maybe one other team that is above .500 but the idiots like the EWU fans need to matter so much they talk like they are good and the conference is good when its just not the case.

Probably because we should have been #2. I know you would like to think that the Field is weak with your beloved GRIZZ out of it but the two best teams in the country are in it again and will probably have a rematch in Frisco.

BullDog85
December 8th, 2012, 04:29 PM
239yrds rushing so far for Rat Dogs.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 8th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Probably because we should have been #2. I know you would like to think that the Field is weak with your beloved GRIZZ out of it but the two best teams in the country are in it again and will probably have a rematch in Frisco.

Cool, so now you guys think that because there are 3 decent teams in the FCS out of the 20 that were in the playoffs the field is just strong like bull. Everything is bigger in Texas.....including stupidity.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 8th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Just too one dimensional....

Wofford is a good team but you have to be able to keep the NDSU defense honest.

Ginsbach
December 8th, 2012, 04:32 PM
239yrds rushing so far for Rat Dogs.

And 0 offensive touchdowns.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2012, 04:34 PM
And 0 offensive touchdowns.

This.

Talk about ISUb all you want. Same stat.

Sam_Kats
December 8th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Cool, so now you guys think that because there are 3 decent teams in the FCS out of the 20 that were in the playoffs the field is just strong like bull. Everything is bigger in Texas.....including stupidity.

And camera gremlins...

WrenFGun
December 8th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Why did the clock continue running when Crockett went OOB?

Sam_Kats
Wow. Wofford shooting themselves in the foot.

dwtime
Love the homer on the clock he let 5-6 seconds run off after the whistle, "Oh gee did they call a tijmeout?"

Go Lehigh TU Owl
Why did the clock continue running when Crockett went OOB?

I thought his knee was down before he went out.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 8th, 2012, 04:36 PM
And camera gremlins...
Classy

Sam_Kats
December 8th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Another GREAT performance by the Bison D.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 8th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Another GREAT performance by the Bison D.

SHSU is the team most equiped to beat them. Experienced, good defense and an offense that can beat you in numerous ways.

Sam_Kats
December 8th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Ha. Griz, you're the man. Drops F bombs & makes up cuss words & cries foul when your LIE gets called.

If I was from MT, I'd hate Texas right now too.

WrenFGun
December 8th, 2012, 04:39 PM

Definitely close; I just thought the ref signaled he was OOB but apparently not. I'd agree with your reaction, though. Just didn't think they made that call.

BNATION
December 8th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Gutsy pass. AGrizz you are pitiful man. Go troll somewhere else your team isn't and never was playing. Your right everything is bigger and better in Texas. You not being from here confirms that. You=small and ****ty.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2012, 04:42 PM
I smell a Marcus Williams pick chance.

Bisonator
December 8th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Tough physical game. Great season Terriers, I'm impressed with your defense and running game, but you need to throw the ball more IMO. Your pass plays work good when you use them.

keller625
December 8th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Looks like another Gsu vs. ndsu thread

penguinpower
That was a clinic on how you play defense. So refreshing in today's game that focuses on offense.

GATA
Tough physical game. Great season Terriers, I'm impressed with your defense and running game, but you need to throw the ball more IMO. Your pass plays work good when you use them.

I agree. Wofford is normally a little more aggressive with the play-action passing (at least more than GSU is). Surprised they threw the ball so little.

BNATION
Is it over?

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 8th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Ha. Griz, you're the man. Drops F bombs & makes up cuss words & cries foul when your LIE gets called.

If I was from MT, I'd hate Texas right now too.

The only lie is you saying it never happened, but what would you expect from a fan base like yours.

Enjoy your *** whipping

IBleedYellow
December 8th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Phew, I love our defense. They never let a point score on them! Go BISON!

Nexus 4

BullDog85
December 8th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Congrats to Bisons. Damn Tough D when it counted. Hardly anyone keeps Rat Dogs out of end zone. GSU team speed is significantly faster, but they can't kick FGs and their pass D is suspect. Hard to say who will take it next week, but I suspect that winner will take it all.

AmsterBison
December 8th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Yeah. NDSU won.

Eric Breitenstein is a stud.

SpeedkingATL
December 8th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Both teams played pretty great defense, but Bison really tough in the red zone. Nice win Bison and great effort on the road Wofford.

IBleedYellow
December 8th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Also Number 7 is crazy good.

Nexus 4

blueballs
December 8th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Congratulations to NDSU for the very hard fought win.

Congratulations too to Wofford on a good season and a helluva effort today. Considering that they down to their 3rd team QB that was an outstanding effort.

gregatim
December 8th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Breitenstein is a freaking animal. Thank you defense and thank you Wofford for not giving Breitenstein the ball on that 4th down play. Grant Olson with +/-25 tackles today!!!!

dungeonjoe
Good game bison. Your team acquitted itself very well. Great defense. Still proud of the terriers--- EB over 100 yard rushing for the 12 time this season. The D held them to 14 as well.

Hammerhead
I think Breitenstein was 8 yards short for getting the most rushing yards this season in the FCS.

walliver
December 8th, 2012, 04:58 PM
As I, and others, suspected, it came down to penalties and turnovers.

Both teams played hard, and clean, and the better team today won.

But I still think EB should have been given the ball on 4th down - You should always go with the one that brought you to the dance.

DJKyR0
December 8th, 2012, 05:04 PM
That game took about ten years off y life. Really have I credit Woffords D as they were better than I anticipated. Congrats on a fine season.

That said, the Bison defense was flat out magnificent tonight. Starting MLB Olson with 28 tackles? Unreal. Hope the rest of the FCS takes note as this defense is not flukey.

GATA
December 8th, 2012, 05:08 PM
That game took about ten years off y life. Really have I credit Woffords D as they were better than I anticipated. Congrats on a fine season.

That said, the Bison defense was flat out magnificent tonight. Starting MLB Olson with 28 tackles? Unreal. Hope the rest of the FCS takes note as this defense is not flukey.

I don't think that anybody believes you have a "flukey" defense.

Terrierforlife
December 8th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Congrats to the Bison team. Helluva ball club you have. You played like champs tonight. To my Terriers.... Never stop fighting!

wofford92
December 8th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Two really good teams today. Home field win for Bison.

DJKyR0
December 8th, 2012, 05:10 PM
I don't think that anybody believes you have a "flukey" defense.

All the condescension on stuff like "should we even bother showing up?" Is pretty chicken****. Just want to make sure we're on the same page here.

IBleedYellow
December 8th, 2012, 05:11 PM
29 Tackles for Grant Olson. MLB. Holy ****.

Nexus 4

DJKyR0
December 8th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Again want to congratulate Wofford on an admirable performance. Just making sure no one has the grounds to say NDSU isn't gracious in victory.

GSUEagles#1
December 8th, 2012, 05:13 PM
I felt like Wofford was driving good (especially end of 3rd and 4th) and NDSU defense only dominated in Red Zone obviously when it counts. Hopefully GSU can capitalize and score some of those drives. If so, i think the Eagles can win! If our D can stop Heinicke at times today, I think we can stop NDSU.

Bison56
December 8th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Best game i have seen all year. Thats my kind of football 2 stud defenses battling ot out. And EB is a great back. Dont know why but ina, glad theu didnt give it to him on 4th down.

Reign of Terrier
December 8th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Good game by the Bison. I can't really say much other than. I've come to the conclusion in years past that moral victories are for chumps, so right now I have mixed feelings. We had a damn good team and we lost to a damn good team. Our offense played well, but shot itself in the foot and hurt itself with bad play-calling at times.....with that said NDSU's defense stopped us when it counted and that's what a championship defense does.

This game went roughly how I expected, I just thought we would get SOME points.

I'm not going to pull the card of "well GSU is going to beat you next week!!!!111" because I think that would do either team justice. I mean, I won't lie, I will be pulling for GSU next week, but if NDSU wins the championship it doesn't make Wofford look bad. Next weeks game will be a lot different seeing as 1) GSU's offense is better than ours and 2)At least right now, GSU's defense is not clicking on all cylinders like Wofford's has been.

Reign of Terrier
December 8th, 2012, 05:28 PM
I think they gave Brian Kass credit for the 30 yard bounce of the ball as his rushing stat. That play sucked.

THE HERD
Terriers........much respect from this Bison fan! Great team, great season!

BisonBohl
Congrats on a fine season Terrior fans. Just got a chance to listen to your head coaches commments after the game and man what classy guy just like your team and fans. For all who made the trip to Fargo, hope you were treated well and have a safe trip back.

FargoBison
December 8th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Wofford's defense was everything people were saying, I was really impressed. Both offenses made some mistakes but for the most part it was just a defensive slugfest.

IBleedYellow
December 8th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Good game by the Bison. I can't really say much other than. I've come to the conclusion in years past that moral victories are for chumps, so right now I have mixed feelings. We had a damn good team and we lost to a damn good team. Our offense played well, but shot itself in the foot and hurt itself with bad play-calling at times.....with that said NDSU's defense stopped us when it counted and that's what a championship defense does.

This game went roughly how I expected, I just thought we would get SOME points.

I'm not going to pull the card of "well GSU is going to beat you next week!!!!111" because I think that would do either team justice. I mean, I won't lie, I will be pulling for GSU next week, but if NDSU wins the championship it doesn't make Wofford look bad. Next weeks game will be a lot different seeing as 1) GSU's offense is better than ours and 2)At least right now, GSU's defense is not clicking on all cylinders like Wofford's has been.

I don't know if GSU has a better offense than you guys. Your fullback is just insane, I watched them play ODU today and they do not have a player like him. He singlehandedly kept you guys in this game all day. When it takes 3+ of our defensive players to take a guy down, you know he is a stud.

Nexus 4

PaladinFan
December 8th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Congrats on a fine season Terrior fans. Just got a chance to listen to your head coaches commments after the game and man what classy guy just like your team and fans. For all who made the trip to Fargo, hope you were treated well and have a safe trip back.

Ayers is, in my opinion, the top football coach in the FCS. He gets more out of less than any coach in the country.

Reign of Terrier
December 8th, 2012, 05:35 PM
I don't know if GSU has a better offense than you guys. Your fullback is just insane, I watched them play ODU today and they do not have a player like him. He singlehandedly kept you guys in this game all day. When it takes 3+ of our defensive players to take a guy down, you know he is a stud.

Nexus 4

GSU is without a doubt more diverse on offense and a lot better with the pitch and the QB running it.

GATA
December 8th, 2012, 05:45 PM

Nexus 4

I undoubtedly think we're better on offense (with more speed) than Wofford.

However, I think Wofford's defense is more stout and far more consistent than ours. We're likely to give up way more big plays than they did (just see last year's game).

344Johnson
December 8th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Great fans from Wofford today. Talked to a couple of them to make sure they were enjoying Fargo.

Eric Breitenstein was even better than I expected. Credit to Wofford, solid D, offense moved the ball pretty good. Hope everyone enjoyed their visit to Fargo and the Fargodome and gets home safe and sound.

Pumped for the Bison/Eagle Rematch next week.

BisonBabe
December 8th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Wow what a game. I have not caught up on the thread yet but had a great time. Met some fabulous Wofford fans today at tailgate and during the game. As I expected it was a low scoring game in a battle of the defenses. I look forward to meeting up with your team again sometime. You have classy fans and it was a pleasure to visit with you all today.

silkamilkamonico
December 8th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Hell of a game.

Props to Wofford. They are a hell of a team. By far teh most physical team we have played all year. Bison players had nothing but great things to say about them.

Props to Grant Olson. 28 tackles. Crushed the school record.

Wofford's defense was very good. They completely bottled up the offense. Their offense was solid and physical as well. Their stud RB is a man. They moved the ball, but it's damn hard to score in the redzone against NDSU in the Dome.

HFA won the game for us today.

silkamilkamonico
December 8th, 2012, 06:33 PM
I undoubtedly think we're better on offense (with more speed) than Wofford.

However, I think Wofford's defense is more stout and far more consistent than ours. We're likely to give up way more big plays than they did (just see last year's game).

If your offense that much better than last year?

Wofford's option gave us fits between the 20's. They had more 3rd and shorts than any team I can remember. I was far more impressed with Woffords option this year than GSU last year.

Bisonoline
December 8th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Wofford has an excellent team. Your fullback is a stud. The line play was as hard nosed as Ive seen it this year. Met some very nice Woffrd fans at our tailgate--before and after the game. Congrats on your season!!!!

dungeonjoe
December 8th, 2012, 06:40 PM
I realize we try to keep politics and religion off this particular board, but I think it speaks volumes about sportsmanship to see members of both teams praying at midfield after that game.

Gil Dobie
December 8th, 2012, 06:42 PM
I realize we try to keep politics and religion off this particular board, but I think it speaks volumes about sportsmanship to see members of both teams praying at midfield after that game.

Amen!

BisonFan02
December 8th, 2012, 06:44 PM

Agreed. Its hit/miss if the opposing team joins NDSU at midfield, but it was nice to see Wofford join them. Congrats on a great season Wofford. I was surpised how good your D was, and #7 was as good as advertised.

swaghook
December 8th, 2012, 06:45 PM

I agree. I like to see the opposing teams join the team at the center of the field after the game. Some times none of the opposing team do and some times only a couple. Was great to see so many of the Wofford team out there.

344Johnson
December 8th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Class acts. Talked to some gentleman who flew in with the team. Was very pleased with Fargo and the people. Exactly what we strive for up on the Prairie.

Southern Bison
December 8th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Wofford lived up to their reputation as a good strong, disciplined program and EB showed why he's a Payton finalist. Congrats to Wofford on a great season and good luck in the SoCon next year.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2012, 07:16 PM
From the Dome, tweeted about an hour ago by Dom Izzo.

Dom Izzo ‏@DomIzzoWDAY

You wouldn't believe a football game was just played here; preps for #NDSU-#UND hoops underway

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A9oeR9_CUAAN0en.jpg:large

frozennorth
December 8th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Wofford's online blew up great holes all game, kept ndsu's d-line in check. Hopefully gsu's is nowhere near as good (from what I hear, it isn't). Olson v. breitenstein was a match for the ages, and i think they both won (but olson won more xnodx)

My section (7) did not pull it's weight tonight, the fans from concourse to row P sat on their hands the entire game. Too many 4 year olds. xsmhx

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Wofford's online blew up great holes all game, kept ndsu's d-line in check. Hopefully gsu's is nowhere near as good (from what I hear, it isn't). Olson v. breitenstein was a match for the ages, and i think they both won (but olson won more xnodx)

My section (7) did not pull it's weight tonight, the fans from concourse to row P sat on their hands the entire game. Too many 4 year olds. xsmhx

I said it before, I think Breitenstein is a special case. NDSU can swallow up smaller runners, have all year.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Just back from the game. Haven't read this thread but what a game.

EB is the real deal for sure. Great runner with a low center of gravity making it hard to tackle him.

Wofford's a great team.

Very good game from both teams.

Bisonwinagn
December 8th, 2012, 08:05 PM

The clock doesn't stop until under two minutes when going out of bounds. This rule was put in a couple years ago to speed up the game.

gsu_paintballer
December 8th, 2012, 08:19 PM
The clock doesn't stop until under two minutes when going out of bounds. This rule was put in a couple years ago to speed up the game.

It stops until the ball is reset for play.

bisonwest
December 8th, 2012, 08:29 PM

I think the crowd at times was as loud as ever, but when Wofford would convert on third or fourth down the crowd didn't get back into it until we had another positive play. I really wish out fans would get even louder when our backs are against the wall, but some will never understand.

dungeonjoe
December 8th, 2012, 09:03 PM
I think the crowd at times was as loud as ever, but when Wofford would convert on third or fourth down the crowd didn't get back into it until we had another positive play. I really wish out fans would get even louder when our backs are against the wall, but some will never understand.
The guys on ESPN talked about the "smart" fans (or something like that. I thought they were as well. A couple of our drives stalled as a result of crowd noise. Be thankful for what you got.

PaladinFan
December 8th, 2012, 09:54 PM
I said it before, I think Breitenstein is a special case. NDSU can swallow up smaller runners, have all year.

I mentioned that way earlier in the thread. Britenstein is not like other backs. He's big, agile, and has a motor that does not stop.

NDSU did what you have to do to stop Wofford. You keep Britenstein from going bonkers and force their other players to make the plays to beat you. EB gets his yards regardless of what defense is in front of him, you just stand a better chance of winning if you can keep him around 125 instead of 250.

Baldy
December 8th, 2012, 10:16 PM
Wofford's online blew up great holes all game, kept ndsu's d-line in check. Hopefully gsu's is nowhere near as good (from what I hear, it isn't)
Yeah, you have nothing to worry about. xthumbsupx

Baldy
December 8th, 2012, 10:25 PM
All the condescension on stuff like "should we even bother showing up?" Is pretty chicken****. Just want to make sure we're on the same page here.
Just trying to keep up with all the 17..21...24 point win predictions from most of your fans, that's all. xlolx

Bison56
December 8th, 2012, 11:16 PM
That was the best football game I have seen in awhile. Very intense.

Reign of Terrier
December 8th, 2012, 11:20 PM
Just trying to keep up with all the 17..21...24 point win predictions from most of your fans, that's all. xlolx

Apparently DJ saying this warranted the entire bisonville board to neg rep him. Many NDSU fans have been gracious in victory, I will give them that, but let's not pretend that there are some insecurities and double standards amongst them

Gil Dobie
December 8th, 2012, 11:24 PM

Well the Bison offense was responsible for all 3 scores today, with help from the Wofford defense on one of them.

Reign of Terrier
December 8th, 2012, 11:26 PM
Georgia Southern is a completely different monster than Wofford.

If there were different brands of the triple option, Wofford is Stanford, GSU is Oregon.

word
December 8th, 2012, 11:30 PM
Wofford was a great team. But I will say thank you for not running Breitenstein every time. That guy was awesome. If you would have ran him 4 times every possession it would have been something special.

He came off hurt one time,( I was right there) he told your trainers to go f themselves and he got right back in.

I got all the respect in the world for that kid and your team

Hammerhead
December 8th, 2012, 11:36 PM
I'm sure GSU will do better than 35-7 like last year, but I think NDSU wins this game unless we give away 2 touchdowns on offense.

If there were different brands of the triple option, Wofford is Stanford, GSU is Oregon.

NDSUstudent
December 8th, 2012, 11:48 PM
I'm sure GSU will do better than 35-7 like last year, but I think NDSU wins this game unless we give away 2 touchdowns on offense.

Which could happen easily this year.

Twentysix
December 9th, 2012, 01:16 AM
USC defense=SEC defense> your defense

P.s. we beat South Carolina's defense by both offensive points allowed and total yards.

330 vs 326. NDSU

7 vs 0. NDSU

Did any AGS terriers go to both games? Was the bison crowd ever even close with the noise?

Obviously I ask these questions because the claims that NDSU defense would be similar to USC's defense against wofford were just insane before WC had flown in to play in Fargo. Do they still seem insane afterwards? Statistically they obviously were accurate.

USC was +1(3/2) in Turnovers though and NDSU was only even(2/2).

woffordgrad94
December 9th, 2012, 01:54 AM
NDSU has a great defense. They are definitely the best in FCS and they shut us down very well. But I still can't compare them to an SEC defense as it would just seem silly to me try to do so. It would be apples to oranges.

Twentysix
December 9th, 2012, 01:56 AM
NDSU has a great defense. They are definitely the best in FCS and they shut us down very well. But I still can't compare them to an SEC defense as it would just seem silly to me try to do so.

Sometimes the crow has a gross flavor, but you gotta take a bigger bite. ;)

woffordgrad94
December 9th, 2012, 01:59 AM
Crow? I don't have any crow to eat as I never said that Wofford would win this game. I never said your defense wouldn't play very well. In fact, we did better than I thought we would, not worse. I just wanted to F around with y'all and see where it would go last week. And if you are waiting around for me to tell you that you have an SEC type defense, you will have a long wait indeed my friend.

word
December 9th, 2012, 02:15 AM
Crow? I don't have any crow to eat as I never said that Wofford would win this game. I never said your defense wouldn't play very well. In fact, we did better than I thought we would, not worse. I just wanted to F around with y'all and see where it would go last week. And if you are waiting around for me to tell you that you have an SEC type defense, you will have a long wait indeed my friend.

Great game from woffard today. The few fans that I ran into were good people. We shared a few beers and bs'd.....good times.

BisonBabe
December 9th, 2012, 04:01 AM
Apparently DJ saying this warranted the entire bisonville board to neg rep him. Many NDSU fans have been gracious in victory, I will give them that, but let's not pretend that there are some insecurities and double standards amongst them

Just a note on this...I did my best to try and bring him back to green. I have nothing but respect for Dj

dungeonjoe
December 9th, 2012, 04:50 AM
Just a note on this...I did my best to try and bring him back to green. I have nothing but respect for Dj
I just paid a visit. Who knew so many shades of red existed in rep points! :)xlolx. I bear no ill will there. Most are passionate and level-headed. But I think it is fair to say that many were ignorant of Wofford and the kind of team we are and the smart,tough game we play. I think all of us were surprised at how truly close the game was even going into the late stages of the game. Wofford lost to a superior team. As Ayers said, these kids played their brains out. There are no moral victories; but Wofford bears no shame in this one.

word
December 9th, 2012, 05:09 AM
Cheers joe...staight class out of Wofford. A lot of teams would kill for the effort that your kids gave on the field.

Terryer
December 9th, 2012, 07:17 AM
P.s. we beat South Carolina's defense by both offensive points allowed and total yards.

330 vs 326. NDSU

7 vs 0. NDSU

Did any AGS terriers go to both games? Was the bison crowd ever even close with the noise?

Obviously I ask these questions because the claims that NDSU defense would be similar to USC's defense against wofford were just insane before WC had flown in to play in Fargo. Do they still seem insane afterwards? Statistically they obviously were accurate.

I went to both games. I would say the noise in the dome is definitely comparable to the South Carolina game. Obviously, there were more folks (75,000+) at the South Carolina game, but still. the crowd noise there was quite subdued due the shock Wofford played so well against them. Didn't really get loud until the 4th quarter. The noise in the dome definitely has an awesome effect on the visiting team. A great home field advantage y'all have...

Baldy
December 9th, 2012, 08:51 AM

330 vs 326. NDSU

7 vs 0. NDSU

Are you serious? xlolx

Using the transitive property index for college football, that makes GSU better than South Carolina and NDSU since Georgia Southern held Wofford to 262 total yards with a -1 turnover ratio. The only reason Wofford scored is because of a turnover inside the 30 and they decided to kick (and make) field goals instead of trying to go for it on 4th down. [/sarcasm] xrolleyesx

Gaterrier
December 9th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Congrats NDSU. You guys were the better team...I sure had fun pickin' a few scabs though.

In all seriousness, you are a good team. However, easy on "we're better than USC" stuff. If you were, you'd be in a BCS game in about a month...not playing GSU this week.

I bet there are some sore Terriers and Bison this morning...that was as physical a game I've seen in a while.

BisonBacker
December 9th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Congratulations to Wofford players coaches and fans. A great team you have on both sides of the ball. I'm not sure how you lost 3 games this year in the regular season but I'm sure you will be back next year.

gsu_paintballer
December 9th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Congratulations to Wofford players coaches and fans. A great team you have on both sides of the ball. I'm not sure how you lost 3 games this year in the regular season but I'm sure you will be back next year.

They only had one "WTF" loss (Samford). Their other losses were @USCe and @GSU

Twentysix
December 9th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Are you serious? xlolx

Using the transitive property index for college football, that makes GSU better than South Carolina and NDSU since Georgia Southern held Wofford to 262 total yards with a -1 turnover ratio. The only reason Wofford scored is because of a turnover inside the 30 and they decided to kick (and make) field goals instead of trying to go for it on 4th down. [/sarcasm] xrolleyesx

Not using any transitive property anything, just pointing out the way the stats fell according to some statements made.

Twentysix
December 9th, 2012, 11:39 AM
I went to both games. I would say the noise in the dome is definitely comparable to the South Carolina game. Obviously, there were more folks (75,000+) at the South Carolina game, but still. the crowd noise there was quite subdued due the shock Wofford played so well against them. Didn't really get loud until the 4th quarter. The noise in the dome definitely has an awesome effect on the visiting team. A great home field advantage y'all have...

Thanks for your perspective. The idea is that inside magnifies it substantially, to the point of most BCS stadiums. For my personal experiences the NDSU noise and the UNI noise are not comparible (addressing an Ayers comment from a newspaper).

Twentysix
December 9th, 2012, 11:39 AM
I just paid a visit. Who knew so many shades of red existed in rep points! :)xlolx. I bear no ill will there. Most are passionate and level-headed. But I think it is fair to say that many were ignorant of Wofford and the kind of team we are and the smart,tough game we play. I think all of us were surprised at how truly close the game was even going into the late stages of the game. Wofford lost to a superior team. As Ayers said, these kids played their brains out. There are no moral victories; but Wofford bears no shame in this one.

Wofford was awesome, it was indeed a dog fight.

Reign of Terrier
December 9th, 2012, 12:18 PM
They only had one "WTF" loss (Samford). Their other losses were @USCe and @GSU

We were down 7 regulars in that game, probably why we lost....

MarkyMark
December 9th, 2012, 01:37 PM
We were down 7 regulars in that game, probably why we lost....

Down 7 at the beginning of the game or by the end of the game?

Reign of Terrier
December 9th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Down 7 at the beginning of the game or by the end of the game?

Down 7 starters. We had our third string QB playing his first big-chunk of a game. He came a long way from then until yesterday IMO. Either way, we were down Donovan Johnson, an OL, and I think a couple defensive players. Samford has always played us tough at there place. They got a tying touchdown and two-point conversion as time expired, and beat us in OT.

We just had some bounces not go our way.

MarkyMark
December 9th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Really surprised this game was so close. I have a new found respect for Wofford. I am sure our teams will play again someday.

Baldy
December 9th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Really surprised this game was so close.
Why? xconfusedx

BisonBabe
December 9th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Really surprised this game was so close. I have a new found respect for Wofford. I am sure our teams will play again someday.

For me it was no surprise that the game was so close. Two very good teams took the field yesterday. The boys played hard but it was a clean game and in the end only one team could advance.

I headed over to the concourse where the Wofford fans would be exiting and thanked all the fans I could for making the trek up to Fargo. I hope that the experience was a good one for them even if their team did not come out victorious. What a great day to be a football fan.

MplsBison
December 9th, 2012, 03:03 PM

And Stanford beat Oregon in Eugene this year. xnodx

PaladinFan
December 9th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Why? xconfusedx

That was my thought. Wofford went on the road last to a seeded team and darn near should have won the game. They went on the road in the playoffs before that and beat Montana in Missoula.

If I were the fan of a non-SoCon team, there is probably no team I'd rather not see in the playoffs than Wofford. They are not undefeated, but they get blown out only rarely. Usually you are in for a dog fight every time they are on the other sideline.

Gaterrier
December 9th, 2012, 03:09 PM
And Stanford beat Oregon in Eugene this year. xnodx

Bison, as I've said, Southern's TO is completely different than Wofford's. Wofford's is more of a combination between the Wing-T and Wishbone (i.e., why it's dubbed the "wingbone") - even from the gun and other formations. It was quite comical listening to the idiots calling the game on ESPN who had obviously NOT done their homework or read the SID report on Wofford. They kept talking about triple option this and triple option that...hell, some of the plays they were calling the TO were either just a simple belly or "G" play. Some were just straight "double" option or speed option plays.

Southern's philosophy is different. They'll pull and pitch much more...we didn't as much this year because of #7 and the quarterback injuries.

The biggest change, in my opinion, for your defense will be for the defensive linemen. The blocking schemes and progressions are much different. Your linebackers and secondary will see similar reads, especially on the perimeter, but the backfield motions are different.

Good luck.

Gaterrier
December 9th, 2012, 03:15 PM
That was my thought. Wofford went on the road last to a seeded team and darn near should have won the game. They went on the road in the playoffs before that and beat Montana in Missoula.

If I were the fan of a non-SoCon team, there is probably no team I'd rather not see in the playoffs than Wofford. They are not undefeated, but they get blown out only rarely. Usually you are in for a dog fight every time they are on the other sideline.

That may be the best compliment a Purple could give!

DJKyR0
December 9th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Apparently DJ saying this warranted the entire bisonville board to neg rep him.

Who told you that? I haven't gotten a single neg rep since Darrell dinged me for something stupid.

Don't mean to come across as a dick, but it's frustrating to 1.) Not be able to talk a word of good about your team without being labeled as some starry-eyed homer and 2.) to have about two years of work trying to improve the perception of Bison fans on here mean dick when folks assume that lakesbison, JBB, and a few clandestine others represent the majority opinion of NDSU fans. I like to consider myself a pretty even-headed football fan able to look at a team's pros and cons indenpdently, but if I think my football team is going to beat yours I'm darn well going to say it. Predicting a win by two or more possessions isn't insane when you just beat your longtime rival by four possessions. Rather than get all offended by it and act like the big bad Bison fans aren't giving your team it's due, submit your opinion in contrast. Christ, it's football, let's get some thicker skin and try to understand that forum discussion isn't all roses where everybody gets a participation ribbon just for logging on. I'll have my take, you have yours, and we get to see who's right come Saturday (or Friday, as the case may warrant).

I have no problem admitting that I underestimated Wofford, but my team was good enough to win anyway (and had a few chances to widen the margin that they couldn't cash in on). Do you want me to apologize for having faith in my team, or to use extra-nice words so the loss stings a little less? Again, not trying to sound like a troll here but that's football. We had to deal with the gloating of EWU fans (heck, still do) after the quarterfinal loss in '10 and hey, we pulled our big-boy britches up and went out and proved everybody wrong the next year - and how sweet it was.

Hence why I call the condescension "chicken****." It means folks are too lazy to refute an opinion and would rather pine about other folks talking up their team than submit something in contrast. When you win a title and secure the #1 seed the following year, you get to talk a bit. Again, sorry if that pisses somebody off. That's why being a sports fan is awesome.

Whatever. At this point I'm resigned to the knowledge that the wide perception of Bison fans is that we're a bunch of inbred, computer-illiterate hicks who wouldn't know a big city if we stepped outside of a place with a population of more than 100,000. We get lambasted while dickheads like xcoach2 get to take whatever cheap shots they want, and we're the bad guys. Fine. If trying to provide meaningful commentary on my team gets me labelled as a villain, then a villain I shall be. Have fun enjoying the rest of the playoffs if that's the kind of atmosphere we generate here. Jesus.

For the record, I tried.

swaghook
December 9th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Who told you that? I haven't gotten a single neg rep since Darrell dinged me for something stupid.

He is referring to DungeonJoe

DJKyR0
December 9th, 2012, 03:28 PM

Ah, my mistake. Well, I feel a bit foolish. Still, **** all that other ****.

Reign of Terrier
December 9th, 2012, 03:33 PM

Heartbreaking playoff statistics for Wofford:

We have made the playoffs 5 of the last 6 years, and 6 times in the last 10 years.

Of those 6 times we have been eliminated it has been as follows:

2003 @ #1 seed Delaware by 15

2007 at home against Richmond by 11
it was closer than that, as a botched snap on a punt put Richmond inside our 10 late in the fourth

2008 @#1 seed James Madison by 3
a damn good JMU team, CAA champ, and we got a bad spot on 4th down IMO

2010 at home against GSU by 3
a heartbreaking game

2011 @UNI by 7.
the infamous knee that never happened

2012 @#1 NDSU by 7

So, with the exception of 2003 against IMO one of the best 1-AA/FCS teams ever (of which we performed much better than any other playoff team), we have been competitive in all of our games. Something always happens, and we lose by less than a score.

Some of our conference opponents like to say that Wofford is just a team that is good but not great, because our inability to get past the quarters. I disagree, compared to App State and GSU in the past few years, we have performed better and we don't get blown out.

I guess the only way we can make a real run is if we have the bracket fall in our favor. We're either sent on the road in the first week or matched up against the number one seed within the first 2 rounds.

The only way to solve this problem is to go something like 10-1 in the regular season and get a top 2 seed, Which is pretty freaking hard in the Socon nowadays; when Wofford won the Socon in 2003 with a 10-1 record the Socon was down as they were the only playoff team that year.

Reign of Terrier
December 9th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Ah, my mistake. Well, I feel a bit foolish. Still, **** all that other ****.

And thus, that entire long post is nullified xlolx

it's all good though

MarkyMark
December 9th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Why? xconfusedx

I simply didn't know how good Wofford was until we had to play them. Their defense was stout, their offense really used up the clock. Same gameplan NDSU employs.

No_Skill
December 9th, 2012, 03:46 PM
And thus, that entire long post is nullified xlolx

it's all good though

Many of his points are still valid, IMHO.

JSUBison
December 9th, 2012, 04:32 PM

When I first saw that post by YT last night, I don't know why, but I thought DJ McNorton had created an account at Bisonville and said something to get people riled. xcrazyx So I went over to b'ville, but couldn't find anything. Then I figured he was talking about KYRO, but that didn't make sense either. Finally figured it out after 10 minutes or so when I remembered the dungeonjoe post at bisonville. So I understand why djkyro was confused, because that post had me scrambling too. xlolx

Lehigh Football Nation
December 9th, 2012, 04:54 PM
CSJ's Recap:

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/ncaa-division-i-sports/fcs-football/671-olson-defense-dominates-in-hard-fought-14-7-bison-win

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Wofford D more impressive than N Dakota Estado Offense

I'll stand by that quote even with the loss, it appeared to me that the Wofford D was man handling the Bizon but somehow they did manage to put up 14 points.

DJKyR0
December 9th, 2012, 05:39 PM
I'll stand by that quote even with the loss, it appeared to me that the Wofford D was man handling the Bizon but somehow they did manage to put up 14 points.

Wofford's stingy defense was impressive. Brock Jensen's role in the victory is going to be understated when looking back on it. The big 40-yard run he had near the end of the half was huge in setting up the eventually go-ahead touchdown, and going 13-18 is big against a defense that was as good at stopping the run as Wofford's was. The pick-six is going to be what is remember about this game from him, but he rallied and was able to do enough to secure the win.

swaghook
December 9th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Our offense always takes the heat win or lose from the fans. They all think it should be more flashy. I see the Bison O doing exactly what it needs to do. The only thing that worries me is the tendency this year to not stop interceptions from turning into pick 6's.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Wofford's stingy defense was impressive. Brock Jensen's role in the victory is going to be understated when looking back on it. The big 40-yard run he had near the end of the half was huge in setting up the eventually go-ahead touchdown, and going 13-18 is big against a defense that was as good at stopping the run as Wofford's was. The pick-six is going to be what is remember about this game from him, but he rallied and was able to do enough to secure the win.

More to the point: 2 offensive TD's were scored in the game. Only 2. Brock doesn't throw that really bad pick the game is either 14, 17, or 21 -0

When your defense doesn't give up any points, all you need is 1.

CID1990
December 10th, 2012, 08:13 AM

Don't mean to come across as a dick, but it's frustrating to 1.) Not be able to talk a word of good about your team without being labeled as some starry-eyed homer and 2.) to have about two years of work trying to improve the perception of Bison fans on here mean dick when folks assume that lakesbison, JBB, and a few clandestine others represent the majority opinion of NDSU fans. I like to consider myself a pretty even-headed football fan able to look at a team's pros and cons indenpdently, but if I think my football team is going to beat yours I'm darn well going to say it. Predicting a win by two or more possessions isn't insane when you just beat your longtime rival by four possessions. Rather than get all offended by it and act like the big bad Bison fans aren't giving your team it's due, submit your opinion in contrast. Christ, it's football, let's get some thicker skin and try to understand that forum discussion isn't all roses where everybody gets a participation ribbon just for logging on. I'll have my take, you have yours, and we get to see who's right come Saturday (or Friday, as the case may warrant).

I have no problem admitting that I underestimated Wofford, but my team was good enough to win anyway (and had a few chances to widen the margin that they couldn't cash in on). Do you want me to apologize for having faith in my team, or to use extra-nice words so the loss stings a little less? Again, not trying to sound like a troll here but that's football. We had to deal with the gloating of EWU fans (heck, still do) after the quarterfinal loss in '10 and hey, we pulled our big-boy britches up and went out and proved everybody wrong the next year - and how sweet it was.

Hence why I call the condescension "chicken****." It means folks are too lazy to refute an opinion and would rather pine about other folks talking up their team than submit something in contrast. When you win a title and secure the #1 seed the following year, you get to talk a bit. Again, sorry if that pisses somebody off. That's why being a sports fan is awesome.

Whatever. At this point I'm resigned to the knowledge that the wide perception of Bison fans is that we're a bunch of inbred, computer-illiterate hicks who wouldn't know a big city if we stepped outside of a place with a population of more than 100,000. We get lambasted while dickheads like xcoach2 get to take whatever cheap shots they want, and we're the bad guys. Fine. If trying to provide meaningful commentary on my team gets me labelled as a villain, then a villain I shall be. Have fun enjoying the rest of the playoffs if that's the kind of atmosphere we generate here. Jesus.

For the record, I tried.

Dude. Next time try to be a martyr in 3 lines or less.

I-16Bandit
December 10th, 2012, 10:02 AM
More to the point: 2 offensive TD's were scored in the game. Only 2. Brock doesn't throw that really bad pick the game is either 14, 17, or 21 -0

When your defense doesn't give up any points, all you need is 1.

It's too bad that the game of football is more than just defense. Throwing a pick is part of the game, and an error caused by your team. NDSU like to never give any credit to their opposition. You can have the most stout defense known to man, but if your offense is turning the ball over, none of that matters.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2012, 10:07 AM
It's too bad that the game of football is more than just defense. Throwing a pick is part of the game, and an error caused by your team. NDSU like to never give any credit to their opposition. You can have the most stout defense known to man, but if your offense is turning the ball over, none of that matters.

I watched the game. The two turnovers from Wofford were forced. One fumble was just plain ripped out of the hands of the runner and the other was punched about 30 yds forward (about the funniest play I have ever seen)

The two Bison turnovers were not forced. Brock made a terrible, ill advised pass that either overthrew the under man or under threw the deep man, nobody can still figure it out and the second one John Crockett just flat out dropped the ball without being touched.

As long as it isn't a pick 6, which is troublesome to say the least, the defense is not going to allow that turnover to matter. That is simply my thesis of the argument. Hoping that the opposing offense sucks is not a recipe for success.

Gil Dobie
December 10th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Our offense always takes the heat win or lose from the fans. They all think it should be more flashy. I see the Bison O doing exactly what it needs to do. The only thing that worries me is the tendency this year to not stop interceptions from turning into pick 6's.

How many times have we heard fire Vigen. :(

xcoach2
December 10th, 2012, 11:02 AM
We get lambasted while dickheads like xcoach2 get to take whatever cheap shots they want, and we're the bad guys.

Damn son, there's no crying on the internets. Pick yourself up.

dungeonjoe
December 10th, 2012, 02:23 PM
17350 perhaps to close out the loooong thread, a picture from the NDSU Bison Facebook page.

MarkyMark
December 10th, 2012, 02:36 PM
17350 perhaps to close out the loooong thread, a picture from the NDSU Bison Facebook page.

That was the largest group of players I can remember gathering for prayer after a Bison game. You could tell a lot of the Wofford players were pretty emotional about the end of their season/careers.

dungeonjoe
December 10th, 2012, 03:01 PM
That was the largest group of players I can remember gathering for prayer after a Bison game. You could tell a lot of the Woffard players were pretty emotional about the end of their season/careers.
It was an emotional time, but that post-game prayer is part of what happens despite thrilling victory or year ending defeat. I used to have a picture of the same kind of huddle following the Montana-Wofford game in 2007. As I said before, I think this speaks toward the sportsmanship of both teams.

aces1180
December 10th, 2012, 03:15 PM
It was an emotional time, but that post-game prayer is part of what happens despite thrilling victory or year ending defeat. I used to have a picture of the same kind of huddle following the Montana-Wofford game in 2007. As I said before, I think this speaks toward the sportsmanship of both teams.

I saw nothing but class from Wofford (and NDSU)...No cheap shots, no trash talking...Just hard-nosed, hard-fought football...That was one of the cleanest games I have ever seen played (it doesn't help that our prior week's opponent was very chippy). The end of the game prayer is something many on the NDSU team does after each game, but it was cool to see both squads come together for one objective.

MarkyMark
December 10th, 2012, 03:25 PM
[QUOTE=dungeonjoe;1914569], but that post-game prayer is part of what happens despite thrilling victory or year ending defeat.

Thats good, if it really means something thats the way it should be done. Good luck to you guys next year, I will be following Wofford in the future.

crabby terrier
December 10th, 2012, 05:02 PM

i thought your QB (jensen) played a helluva game! yeah, a couple of errant throws but he was under a lot of pressure. he is a great runner and athlete.

what a game!!! wow!!!

GO TERRIERS!!!

BisonFan02
December 10th, 2012, 05:06 PM
i thought your QB (jensen) played a helluva game! yeah, a couple of errant throws but he was under a lot of pressure. he is a great runner and athlete.

what a game!!! wow!!!

GO TERRIERS!!!

http://a.tgcdn.net/images/products/zoom/e9d8_das_boot_beer_glass.jpg

crabby terrier
December 10th, 2012, 05:09 PM
DAS BOOT!!!!!xrotatehx

crabby terrier
December 10th, 2012, 05:11 PM

had a great time! thanks for the shots Lakesbison!!!

Reign of Terrier
December 10th, 2012, 06:08 PM
DAS BOOT!!!!!xrotatehx

der/die steifel