PDA

View Full Version : Wofford vs North Dakota State

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

NoDak 4 Ever
December 6th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Oh, you talkin' tough now? Past a pic of yourself in front of that fort you live in Pizza Boy. Do it.

I'll just wait you out like I did last year, when you weren't man enough to come back after your team got beat.

darell1976
December 6th, 2012, 10:41 AM
What makes sense? That I delivered pizzas when I was in college 17 years ago?

Only 36 hours of your weak **** left, chump.

Mmmm pizza!! The Domino's on 19th is the one I order from. Its weird how they share a parking lot with Pizza Hut, and Papa John's is just across the street. All good food.

xcoach2
December 6th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Mmmm pizza!! The Domino's on 19th is the one I order from. Its weird how they share a parking lot with Pizza Hut, and Papa John's is just across the street. All good food.

What isn't weird is that Pizza Boy worked at the most low-brow of the three establishments...

Twentysix
December 6th, 2012, 10:44 AM
10 fumbles in the last 2 games? Wofford doesn't have a chance with numbers like that.

darell1976
December 6th, 2012, 10:46 AM
What isn't weird is that Pizza Boy worked at the most low-brow of the three establishments...

What's wrong with being a pizza boy which he was, not is. Its a job, do you know what a job is?

terrierterror84
December 6th, 2012, 10:47 AM
10 fumbles in the last 2 games? Wofford doesn't have a chance with numbers like that.

agreed! hopefully we were ridding ourselves of the habit before visiting bison-land.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 6th, 2012, 10:50 AM

OK, trying to avoid taking the troll bait any more today.

I think this will be a key stat. The Bison defense forces fumbles unlike the last two teams. When a team just gives it up against a ball hawking defense, that spells mucho trouble.

Twentysix
December 6th, 2012, 10:53 AM
OK, trying to avoid taking the troll bait any more today.

I think this will be a key stat. The Bison defense forces fumbles unlike the last two teams. When a team just gives it up against a ball hawking defense, that spells mucho trouble.

muchos problemas ;)

millwoga1
December 6th, 2012, 11:02 AM

Not too many teams would against NDSU
Here's an article on that same subject
http://www.goupstate.com/article/20121205/ARTICLES/121209840/1088/sports?Title=Avoiding-fumbles-becomes-a-focus-for-Terriers

344Johnson
December 6th, 2012, 11:04 AM

All about the Patrol dawg.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 6th, 2012, 11:07 AM
All about the Patrol dawg.

I miss breakfast pizza more than I miss my family.

steelbison
December 6th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Ok...How about we talk a little about the game!!

Question I want to know is I see you run a 3-4 Tell me about your D-line. Do they just tie up O-lineman? or are they very good at getting off of blocks and stopping the run. In the 3-4 LB's are usually the ones making all the plays. Could you also tell me about them as well.

Are your CB's good in run support? Or just cover guys? Do you play a lot of zone(I hope!!) or man to man.

Do you blitz a lot? Both run blitz's and in obvious passing situations?

Basically just wondering what were going to see saturday.

Walkon79
December 6th, 2012, 11:16 AM

Question I want to know is I see you run a 3-4 Tell me about your D-line. Do they just tie up O-lineman? or are they very good at getting off of blocks and stopping the run. In the 3-4 LB's are usually the ones making all the plays. Could you also tell me about them as well.

Are your CB's good in run support? Or just cover guys? Do you play a lot of zone(I hope!!) or man to man.

Finally after 102 pages someone wants to talk about football?

What happened to just getting the post-count up as high as you can? :)

Texas
December 6th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Finally after 102 pages someone wants to talk about football?

What happened to just getting the post-count up as high as you can? :)

According to NDSU fans its the only way to win football games. I'm letting my team down.

Baldy
December 6th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Ha that same 2 inches of snow would shut down those southern states xlolx Fact is they don't know how to drive on snowy icy roads.

xlolx @ people who live where it snows that much. :)

NoDak 4 Ever
December 6th, 2012, 11:25 AM
xlolx @ people who live where it snows that much. :)

I haven't seen real snow in over a year, that sucks. I have a 2 year old who has no idea what I'm talking about when I tell him how much fun it is.

Vitojr130
December 6th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Oh, you talkin' tough now? Past a pic of yourself in front of that fort you live in Pizza Boy. Do it.

Hey I found SHSU's Lakes! The only difference is that Lakes actually has a reason to brag about the team he supports. xlmaox

steelbison
December 6th, 2012, 11:33 AM

Seriously, any Wofford fans help me out on this..thanks!!

Bison56
December 6th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Not too many teams would against NDSU
Here's an article on that same subject
http://www.goupstate.com/article/20121205/ARTICLES/121209840/1088/sports?Title=Avoiding-fumbles-becomes-a-focus-for-Terriers

Thanks for posting the link. In my experience it would almost be better not to get all worked up about fumbles as players because it takes away from the game when you are worried about fumbling instead of playing.

Thats just my opinion.

BisonBacker
December 6th, 2012, 11:42 AM
noooooooo....we simply don't want to drive in snow so we can stay at home and drink beer.

reppie points for ya on that one xthumbsupx

Bison56
December 6th, 2012, 11:47 AM

Just to prove that you are a bit xcoach2.

You posted on 01-04-2012, 08:06 PM, but your next post wasnt until 11-26-2012, 01:10 PM after the brackets were set up. So I guess it is safe to say once SHSU's season ends so does your bit.

deez_na
December 6th, 2012, 11:51 AM

Just curious but why is a tool like you talking smack in here?

Reign of Terrier
December 6th, 2012, 01:29 PM

Corners are great cover guys, one of them was an all-american last year. The D-Line, year-in and year-out is the strength of the team, but this year the linebackers are the stars, anchored by All-Americans Mike Niam and Alvin Scieaneaux (definitely spelled that wrong). We blitz a good bit, but we're also really good in pass coverage. Teams may complete passes down field but we're really good at wrapping up on the tackle to where very few teams have beaten us deep for points this year. We run a zone defense for the most part, with that said, teams have not really burned us this year in spite of that. We're really good at getting pressure and forcing opposing QBs to make mistakes.

steelbison
December 6th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Corners are great cover guys, one of them was an all-american last year. The D-Line, year-in and year-out is the strength of the team, but this year the linebackers are the stars, anchored by All-Americans Mike Niam and Alvin Scieaneaux (definitely spelled that wrong). We blitz a good bit, but we're also really good in pass coverage. Teams may complete passes down field but we're really good at wrapping up on the tackle to where very few teams have beaten us deep for points this year. We run a zone defense for the most part, with that said, teams have not really burned us this year in spite of that. We're really good at getting pressure and forcing opposing QBs to make mistakes.

Thanks!! In my opinion the best way to beat us is keep 8-9 in the box and play press man to man on the outside. We usually do much better against a zone than man to man. We have possession WR that are good at finding the holes in the zone.

Reign of Terrier
December 6th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Thanks!! In my opinion the best way to beat us is keep 8-9 in the box and play press man to man on the outside. We usually do much better against a zone than man to man. We have possession WR that are good at finding the holes in the zone.

We keep everything in front of us defensively. Generally speaking, I don't worry about the run game as much as I do the pass game.

Twentysix
December 6th, 2012, 01:39 PM

We do have quite a good OL, however, Brock is more than capabale of making game losing mistakes.

Reign of Terrier
December 6th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Our defense starts and finishes in the front 7. If we get pressure on the QB and stop the run, we do well defensively.

terrierterror84
December 6th, 2012, 02:03 PM

our front 3 switch in and out all game to keep fresh. the defense counts on their ability to maintain the line of scrimmage. linebackers are the callers, readers and playmakers for sure but people mistake LB read & react decisions as blitz packages. we actually don't blitz a great deal (wish we would more) but rather let athletic and intelligent LB's make plays. we need big plays from the DL saturday!

our secondary has been a weakness for a long time but are fairly solid now. we struggle with giving up chunks but have held up better in the red zone. superb strong safety that plays the run and pass well. please tell your #16 to complete a couple to ANY of the above mentioned...

xcoach2
December 6th, 2012, 02:21 PM

Tool? You guys are soooooo boring. Yawn.

Bisonoline
December 6th, 2012, 02:28 PM
do we need to bring some wood and a barrel....it's not exactly gonna be blistering during pregame festivities.

Most tailgate set ups have heaters and tents this time of year. Bring warm footwear as you will be standing on frozen asphalt.

Bisonoline
December 6th, 2012, 02:33 PM

OMG, All 3 have terrible pizza. Considering this statement you must think Walmart is a high end retailer. LOL

Bisonoline
December 6th, 2012, 02:34 PM

Because if he does it in real life he gets his *** kicked.

terrierterror84
December 6th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Most tailgate set ups have heaters and tents this time of year. Bring warm footwear as you will be standing on frozen asphalt.

if there's one thing that DOES NOT occur in south carolina it's frozen damn asphalt. wow!

Bisonoline
December 6th, 2012, 02:35 PM

What your nose guard-tackle like? They play a huge role in the 3-4.

robsnotes4u
December 6th, 2012, 02:41 PM
if there's one thing that DOES NOT occur in south carolina it's frozen damn asphalt. wow!

You might want some of hand Warner's put in your boots.

There are positives. The beer stays cold

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

terrierterror84
December 6th, 2012, 02:46 PM
You might want some of hand Warner's put in your boots.

There are positives. The beer stays cold

can't beat an optimist! great point!

Pyroshane
December 6th, 2012, 02:46 PM
do we need to bring some wood and a barrel....it's not exactly gonna be blistering during pregame festivities.
Not sure fires are allowed at tailgating, but you would likely get some dirty looks because of all the nylon and other synthetic fabric tents and winter coats that wouldn't do so well with an ember landing on them. Most setups will have propane heaters set up. I think the usual tactic employed by NDSU tailgaters to keep warm is the standard "drink 'till you don't care" method. That, combined with proper winter weather attire usually does quite well. A couple people in my tailgating group have a tradition where we try and track down fans of the opposing team tailgating to do shots of my homemade redeye with, so if I see you in your gear or you come looking, expect a shot to help warm you up! I think I gave shots to about 30 Jacks fans last weekend.

Currently looks like a low of 6 and a high of 28 and snowy. NWS has an advisory for a potential winter storm this weekend, so please drive careful when you visit.

citdog
December 6th, 2012, 02:49 PM

we did have Bison though.

http://charleston.thedigitel.com/files/imagecache/image_470/files/images/leadimages/Bison.jpg

NoDak 4 Ever
December 6th, 2012, 02:50 PM
This thread is making me very sad I live so far away.

terrierterror84
December 6th, 2012, 02:51 PM

we have a red shirt freshman (a tank) & freshman (a bulldog) that play nose guard. both do a solid job of being immovable (hopefully that will continue against your big OL. the tackles/DE position is played by 4 guys that also give consistent efforts. #99 is fun to watch and will be one of the better ones ever before he leaves wofford (has a knack for the big play).

robsnotes4u
December 6th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Not sure fires are allowed at tailgating, but you would likely get some dirty looks because of all the nylon and other synthetic fabric tents and winter coats that wouldn't do so well with an ember landing on them. Most setups will have propane heaters set up. I think the usual tactic employed by NDSU tailgaters to keep warm is the standard "drink 'till you don't care" method. That, combined with proper winter weather attire usually does quite well. A couple people in my tailgating group have a tradition where we try and track down fans of the opposing team tailgating to do shots of my homemade redeye with, so if I see you in your gear or you come looking, expect a shot to help warm you up! I think I gave shots to about 30 Jacks fans last weekend.

Currently looks like a low of 6 and a high of 28 and snowy. NWS has an advisory for a potential winter storm this weekend, so please drive careful when you visit.

So true last year at the cat Griz game in Bozeman there were quite a few who got to close, melting their snow pants, and even catching on fire. They did have a couple of inches of wood chips on the ground to help keep your feet warm, which was nice.

Redeye, northern moonshine. Don't take it lightly

deez_na
December 6th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Because if he does it in real life he gets his *** kicked.

Good point

Reign of Terrier
December 6th, 2012, 02:52 PM

We're surprised he didn't all-conference recognition, or at least freshman all conference recognition. He's a redshirt freshman, but he's a stud. We haven't had too much trouble this year in terms of being run straight at us, normally that's a slight weakness. Granted, we had a little trouble with USC and GSU at some points, but I think that had more to do with being down our best inside linebacker. Even with that said, our defense played great on both occasions, each allowing only 17 points, with both times one of the touchdowns being from them starting inside our 35 or 30 yard line.

terrierterror84
December 6th, 2012, 03:01 PM

-excellent point on the flammable surroundings. don't think the airline would let me check my barrel anyway.
-we generally employ the "drink 'til you don't care" as well so game on.
-homemade redeye sounds rockin. hope it blends nicely with bourbon, my specific choice of warming liquid.

Pyroshane
December 6th, 2012, 03:50 PM
So true last year at the cat Griz game in Bozeman there were quite a few who got to close, melting their snow pants, and even catching on fire. They did have a couple of inches of wood chips on the ground to help keep your feet warm, which was nice.

Redeye, northern moonshine. Don't take it lightly

I have a coat with a couple pinholes in it from where small embers landed on it, but nothing too horrible. Drinking and fire just doesn't mix, though, when you are wearing winter clothing.

-excellent point on the flammable surroundings. don't think the airline would let me check my barrel anyway.
-we generally employ the "drink 'til you don't care" as well so game on.
-homemade redeye sounds rockin. hope it blends nicely with bourbon, my specific choice of warming liquid.

I love some good bourbon. Redeye is something that can catch up with you really quickly if you aren't careful. I make it about 60 proof or so (each bottle ends up being a little different) but it doesn't feel that way when you drink it. I have seen many a person keep coming back for more shots and then not make it through the game (myself included on one unfortunate day three seasons ago). I try and keep an eye out for people who have had enough, but when I am partaking myself...

I make it the night before the game, and depending on my mood it will either be the traditional anise, hot cinnamon, cinnamon bun, vanilla orange, root beer, or butterscotch. Depending on the weather and how many people I am expecting, I usually bring either 2 or 3 liters, and I rarely bring any back home.

terrierterror84
December 6th, 2012, 04:14 PM
I have a coat with a couple pinholes in it from where small embers landed on it, but nothing too horrible. Drinking and fire just doesn't mix, though, when you are wearing winter clothing.

I love some good bourbon. Redeye is something that can catch up with you really quickly if you aren't careful. I make it about 60 proof or so (each bottle ends up being a little different) but it doesn't feel that way when you drink it. I have seen many a person keep coming back for more shots and then not make it through the game (myself included on one unfortunate day three seasons ago). I try and keep an eye out for people who have had enough, but when I am partaking myself...

I make it the night before the game, and depending on my mood it will either be the traditional anise, hot cinnamon, cinnamon bun, vanilla orange, root beer, or butterscotch. Depending on the weather and how many people I am expecting, I usually bring either 2 or 3 liters, and I rarely bring any back home.

i certainly hope we can find you on the west siiiiiiide!

THE HERD
December 6th, 2012, 04:17 PM
We're surprised he didn't all-conference recognition, or at least freshman all conference recognition. He's a redshirt freshman, but he's a stud. We haven't had too much trouble this year in terms of being run straight at us, normally that's a slight weakness. Granted, we had a little trouble with USC and GSU at some points, but I think that had more to do with being down our best inside linebacker. Even with that said, our defense played great on both occasions, each allowing only 17 points, with both times one of the touchdowns being from them starting inside our 35 or 30 yard line.

NT's in the 3-4 don't get much recognition period, because they don't get a lot of tackles or sacks......thier job is eat up blocks and occupy lineman so the LB's can run free and make plays. If you don't have a good NT who demands double teams your 3-4 won't work for *****. Obviously you have a good one or two judging by your defensive stats.

Bisonoline
December 6th, 2012, 04:19 PM
we have a red shirt freshman (a tank) & freshman (a bulldog) that play nose guard. both do a solid job of being immovable (hopefully that will continue against your big OL. the tackles/DE position is played by 4 guys that also give consistent efforts. #99 is fun to watch and will be one of the better ones ever before he leaves wofford (has a knack for the big play).

Thanks. I enjoy watching the line play. As a matter of fact if you watch the line play you can really tell how the game is being played.

aces1180
December 6th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Are any of you Wofford fans concerned about the recent fumble issues you squad has had in its last two games?

We had our own issues with the QB throwing some terrible INTs, but I think that is past him now. At least I hope.

terrierterror84
December 6th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Thanks. I enjoy watching the line play. As a matter of fact if you watch the line play you can really tell how the game is being played.

very true

terrierterror84
December 6th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Are any of you Wofford fans concerned about the recent fumble issues you squad has had in its last two games?

We had our own issues with the QB throwing some terrible INTs, but I think that is past him now. At least I hope.

i hope we are & and hope you are not!

Reign of Terrier
December 6th, 2012, 04:57 PM

I'm somewhat concerned but at the same time I'm not. I think our lack of offensive production/fumbles can be attributed to a former walk on playing QB for us the last month or so. Don't get me wrong, Lawson's played well while starting, but we've turned the ball over way too much. Hopefully Kass starts. Or even Weimer.

ITmonarch10
December 6th, 2012, 05:06 PM
You Bison and Terrier fan's are disappointing me. I thought you guys would be at 35 pages by now. More Smack Talk Now!!xtroublex

DJKyR0
December 6th, 2012, 05:15 PM
You Bison and Terrier fan's are disappointing me. I thought you guys would be at 35 pages by now. More Smack Talk Now!!xtroublex

You just focus on who gets to get slapped around by NDSU next weekend. xthumbsupx

Walkon79
December 6th, 2012, 05:42 PM
What's the game time anyway? Watch party in Eastern Montana!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reign of Terrier
December 6th, 2012, 05:45 PM
3pm est kickoff.

Walkon79
December 6th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Perfect! 1:00 our time! It's afternoon somewhere!

swaghook
December 6th, 2012, 06:45 PM
-homemade redeye sounds rockin.

Redeye is everclear with caramelized sugar added.

http://library.ndsu.edu/grhc/foods/recipe/redeye.html

Pyroshane
December 6th, 2012, 06:56 PM

That recipe looks really blah, though. It's got the basics, but would end up just not tasting that great. The sugar to water to everclear ratio is way off, and simple caramelized sugar without any additives really just isn't that great. Most people who follow that basic recipe add anise. That's how I was taught by my grandpa.

saxbison
December 6th, 2012, 07:18 PM
That recipe looks really blah, though. It's got the basics, but would end up just not tasting that great. The sugar to water to everclear ratio is way off, and simple caramelized sugar without any additives really just isn't that great. Most people who follow that basic recipe add anise. That's how I was taught by my grandpa.

I was taught everclear with anise and a can of strawberry soda.

Edit: Also the burnt sugar

ndsubison
December 6th, 2012, 07:51 PM
First off, welcome to all Wofford fans who make the trip to Fargo. Hope you enjoy the show. As for all the Bison fans running your mouths on here about how we're the best team college football has ever seen, please. You embarass the rest of us. Let's just strap it on and play the game. Talk doesn't win games if you didn't know that by now. With that, I'll be cheering for the Bison to slug 'em in the mouth. All day. Let the chips fall where they may. We're a long way from Frisco. Peace.

Terryer
December 6th, 2012, 08:01 PM

I purchased new gloves and a warm hat today in preparation for the game. Haven't worn these items in years. No need for them in SC. Not sure I'm prepared for frozen asphalt though....

swaghook
December 6th, 2012, 08:01 PM
With that, I'll be cheering for the Bison to slug 'em in the mouth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLF9pI2tufg

swaghook
December 6th, 2012, 08:02 PM
I purchased new gloves and a warm hat today in preparation for the game. Haven't worn these items in years. No need for them in SC. Not sure I'm prepared for frozen asphalt though....

The players can be happy they don't have to worry about frozen turf at least. ;)

Terryer
December 6th, 2012, 08:09 PM
The players can be happy they don't have to worry about frozen turf at least. ;)

Do the other Dakota schools play indoors?

344Johnson
December 6th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Do the other Dakota schools play indoors?

3 of the 4 do. SDSU is the only one who doesn't.

Reign of Terrier
December 6th, 2012, 08:22 PM

try hobo nectar if you have balls

swaghook
December 6th, 2012, 08:32 PM
try hobo nectar if you have balls

Can't be any stronger then everclear. I like my everclear with lemonade personally, can mix it fairly strong and still not even notice the alcohol.

Reign of Terrier
December 6th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Can't be any stronger then everclear. I like my everclear with lemonade personally, can mix it fairly strong and still not even notice the alcohol.

hobo nectar=everclear+sweet n' low

Pyroshane
December 6th, 2012, 09:53 PM
hobo nectar=everclear+sweet n' low
Is your Everclear 151 or 190 proof? I lived in Minnesota for a few months and had to buy cases of Everclear from North Dakota whenever I came back, because in Minnesota they could only sell 151, and most places didn't even sell it. The few that did would charge more per liter than the 190 proof costs in ND. I wasn't old enough when I lived there, but my dad said it was the same when we lived in Washington, only 151 proof available.

Walkon79
December 6th, 2012, 09:55 PM
First off, welcome to all Wofford fans who make the trip to Fargo. Hope you enjoy the show. As for all the Bison fans running your mouths on here about how we're the best team college football has ever seen, please. You embarass the rest of us. Let's just strap it on and play the game. Talk doesn't win games if you didn't know that by now. With that, I'll be cheering for the Bison to slug 'em in the mouth. All day. Let the chips fall where they may. We're a long way from Frisco. Peace.

As the say in Bozeman. "Put the ball down"

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 6th, 2012, 09:56 PM

There has been no Bison fans saying they are the 'best team in college football'.....

NoDak 4 Ever
December 6th, 2012, 09:58 PM

http://hostinga.imagecross.com/image-hosting-03/5483Lighten-Up-Francis.jpeg

swaghook
December 6th, 2012, 10:01 PM
Is your Everclear 151 or 190 proof? I lived in Minnesota for a few months and had to buy cases of Everclear from North Dakota whenever I came back, because in Minnesota they could only sell 151, and most places didn't even sell it. The few that did would charge more per liter than the 190 proof costs in ND. I wasn't old enough when I lived there, but my dad said it was the same when we lived in Washington, only 151 proof available.

Everclear offers the best bang for the buck. xbeerchugx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 6th, 2012, 10:07 PM
http://hostinga.imagecross.com/image-hosting-03/5483Lighten-Up-Francis.jpeg

"Stripes"......love that movie!!

rkwittem
December 6th, 2012, 11:22 PM

Well said. xsmileyclapx

Southern Bison
December 6th, 2012, 11:34 PM
I remember a Thanksgiving evening many years ago when I worked at the Domino's on 19th Ave N. It snowed like crazy that day and I literally had to work myself out of being stuck in the middle of a street before the plows came through not too far off of 10th Street and about 22nd/23rd ave N. Must have been 5-6 inches of fresh snow drifted up.

I worked at the Domino's in S. Fargo at 25th & University. When we had a snowstorm, those were the best times!! The only 4wd in the group and people be tipping $10-15 on a $20 order just grateful that you got it there.

Don't sweat xcaoch2...he took his silver spoon out of his mouth and shoved it up his ***. He enjoyed it so much, it's still there!

robsnotes4u
December 7th, 2012, 12:49 AM
There has been no Bison fans saying they are the 'best team in college football'.....

Ok, not in those exact words, but...

Southern Swarm
December 7th, 2012, 04:00 AM

You mean NDSU ISN'T the greatest thing to happen to football since the forward pass? xrotatehx

xangelx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2012, 06:58 AM
You mean NDSU ISN'T the greatest thing to happen to football since the forward pass? xrotatehx

xangelx

...like GSU is to the inside/outside run game......xthumbsupx

Baldy
December 7th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Yeah.....xlolx

Maybe not in those exact words, but it has definitely been insinuated to the max.xnodx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2012, 07:24 AM
Yeah.....xlolx

Maybe not in those exact words, but it has definitely been insinuated to the max.xnodx

Really?

NDSU guys have said we have the #1 rated defense in the FCS, which is true.....xcoffeex

Baldy
December 7th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Really?

NDSU guys have said we have the #1 rated defense in the FCS, which is true.....xcoffeex
True, but that's only the beginning. :)

frozennorth
December 7th, 2012, 07:32 AM
when are people going to bww's? I might make an appearance.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2012, 07:32 AM

Well if GSU and NDSU both win then last year's GSU/NDSU thread that had a million pages might have less posts than this year's......

SDFS
December 7th, 2012, 07:34 AM

What thread are you reading... you have posts stating "the only team that can beat teh Bison are teh Bison".

NoDak 4 Ever
December 7th, 2012, 07:37 AM
What thread are you reading... you have posts stating "the only team that can beat teh Bison are teh Bison".

I absolutely stand by that. So the #1 team in the country is somehow inferior to the competition?

The only game the Bison have lost this year was because of a really crappy day by the quarterback. That's it. 11-1 isn't magic.

SDFS
December 7th, 2012, 08:01 AM
I absolutely stand by that. So the #1 team in the country is somehow inferior to the competition?

The only game the Bison have lost this year was because of a really crappy day by the quarterback. That's it. 11-1 isn't magic.

Best of luck this weekend, just pointing out the post for NW MN dude.

robsnotes4u
December 7th, 2012, 08:03 AM

Exactly

Baldy
December 7th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Happens all the time. Ask LSU circa 2011 and Alabama in 2012.

It also isn't a guarantee. If you think Wofford is somehow inferior and isn't good enough to out play you and beat the Bison on your home field, you could be in for one hell of a surprise tomorrow.

BisonBacker
December 7th, 2012, 08:30 AM

I'll agree with him on that. Put it another way. I'll take the Bison playing at the top of their game against any team in the FCS also playing at the top of their game and pick the Bison every time. I think that's what most Bison fans are saying. No Bison fans are claiming the Bison can't be defeated that's just ridiculous.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 7th, 2012, 08:38 AM
I'll agree with him on that. Put it another way. I'll take the Bison playing at the top of their game against any team in the FCS also playing at the top of their game and pick the Bison every time. I think that's what most Bison fans are saying. No Bison fans are claiming the Bison can't be defeated that's just ridiculous.

This. It's absurd to think that the rankings are bull**** just because your team isn't #1

xcoach2
December 7th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Don't sweat xcaoch2...he took his silver spoon out of his mouth and shoved it up his ***. He enjoyed it so much, it's still there!

You want my autograph?

IBleedYellow
December 7th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Happens all the time. Ask LSU circa 2011 and Alabama in 2012.

It also isn't a guarantee. If you think Wofford is somehow inferior and isn't good enough to out play you and beat the Bison on your home field, you could be in for one hell of a surprise tomorrow.

I don't give a damn what our fans think, I know that our COACHES and the PLAYERS will be READY. When the playoffs come around, there is a turn up of the intensity in both of them, the players especially. I am sure you've seen it to, they get pumped up. The Dome was electric last week, and we have nothing to prove that it won't be electric tomorrow. LETS GET EM BISON! LETS WIN! Let's make Zenner the leading rusher in the FCS!

Baldy
December 7th, 2012, 08:45 AM
This. It's absurd to think that the rankings are bull**** just because your team isn't #1
Wow...
Don't think anyone said the rankings are bull****, but sometimes...sometimes the best team isn't ranked #1.
I think Notre Dame deserves to be ranked #1 right now, but I also believe they are not the best team.

deez_na
December 7th, 2012, 08:47 AM

Agreed. I think the Bison can be defeated which has already been shown. If we can keep from turning the ball over i don't see us losing but once again that's why they play the game. The crowd will be huge once again too making it difficult for Wofford. Good luck to Wofford, hopefully this will be a great game.

94Terrier
December 7th, 2012, 08:48 AM
I don't give a damn what our fans think, I know that our COACHES and the PLAYERS will be READY. When the playoffs come around, there is a turn up of the intensity in both of them, the players especially. I am sure you've seen it to, they get pumped up. The Dome was electric last week, and we have nothing to prove that it won't be electric tomorrow. LETS GET EM BISON! LETS WIN! Let's make Zenner the leading rusher in the FCS!

I guess Bizen players are the only ones that turn up the intensity and get pumped up. Whatever will we do????????

robsnotes4u
December 7th, 2012, 08:50 AM

One question, how can you make Zenner the leading rusher in the FCS? Doesn't he play in "defensive" MVFC? The place where the best defense is played? If I had that self given title, I wouldn't want the #1 usher to come from my conference.

Just saying.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 7th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Wow...
Don't think anyone said the rankings are bull****, but sometimes...sometimes the best team isn't ranked #1.
I think Notre Dame deserves to be ranked #1 right now, but I also believe they are not the best team.

Well the Bison are the best team so they deserve to be #1.

Professor Chaos
December 7th, 2012, 08:57 AM
I wouldn't want the #1 usher to come from my conference.
The #1 usher isn't in the MVFC. The #1 usher is a goat....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVlrtW9tceQ

Southern Bison
December 7th, 2012, 08:57 AM
You want my autograph?

Your season's over in 12 hours. We'll see you next November.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 7th, 2012, 08:58 AM
One question, how can you make Zenner the leading rusher in the FCS? Doesn't he play in "defensive" MVFC? The place where the best defense is played? If I had that self given title, I wouldn't want the #1 usher to come from my conference.

Just saying.

Almost half his yards came in 4 games against non MVFC opponents.

If you're just going to say, have some sense of the facts, Trolly.

Hammerhead
December 7th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Zenner currently has the most rushing yards this season in the FCS. Breitenstein needs 145 yards on Saturday to pass Zenner. http://content.usatoday.com/sportsdata/football/fcs/stats/rushing

For the season, Zenner averaged 157 yards per game and 7.1 yards per rush. In the 2 games vs. NDSU he averaged 45 yards with an average gain of 3.1 yards.

One question, how can you make Zenner the leading rusher in the FCS?

BlacknGoldBlood
December 7th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Never posted before but enjoy reading all the comments. NDSU is an excellent team, obviously they are the #1 seed and #1 in the nation. I don't think any Terrier fan will contest that. You have an excellent defense, again #1. Wofford's (1 dimensional) offense ain't too shabby either. Game after game Wofford has heard that you can't run on our defense and each time we do. Most of the time we win but we have lost some. Same with NDSU, you have heard from other teams that they are different they will move the ball on your defense and guess what, nope nobody does. Looking forward to a good ole' fashion smack you in the mouth football game.

We have have encountered noise in the past, quite possible we never encountered noise like the FargoDome but I am sure the players will look forward to the chance to play in that atmosphere. NDSU may be bigger, stronger, faster and they may knock us down and stop the run. However, them Terriers will pick themselves up and hit you again and again again and again and again...think you get my point. More than likely you will see more dives than you have seen in the whole season combined, even if you stop it. Win or lose, there will be some bruised up players.

One final thing, seems like I am going on and I am sure I am putting folks to sleep. Pre-game, Coach Ayers in the most intense pregame motivater/speaker in the game today most likely in all of football. I was on the team during his 1st year at Wofford, He begain talking about the days when he worked on a garbage truck. Said we have to take hold of our opponent like this trash can. Get a firm grip, focus on what we need to do, and hit them...he began to smash his head into the trash can, then again, and again and again until it was mangled up. Blood dripping down his forhead he looked at the team and said, "Let's take care of business!!" OH, AND WE DID..Now, coach was younger then but he is just as effective. Last years Clemson pre-game speech..words can't describe it. I am sure other Wofford fans can attach the link to the speech (I would screw it up if I tried), love us or hate us that will get your blood moving...Is it Saturday yet?

robsnotes4u
December 7th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Almost half his yards came in 4 games against non MVFC opponents.

If you're just going to say, have some sense of the facts, Trolly.

You are one of the people he is talking about.

"First off, welcome to all Wofford fans who make the trip to Fargo. Hope you enjoy the show. As for all the Bison fans running your mouths on here about how we're the best team college football has ever seen, please. You embarass the rest of us. Let's just strap it on and play the game. Talk doesn't win games if you didn't know that by now. With that, I'll be cheering for the Bison to slug 'em in the mouth. All day. Let the chips fall where they may. We're a long way from Frisco. Peace."

Yep look oh the mirror.

Bison56
December 7th, 2012, 09:09 AM
1 more day and we get to watch our favorite teams square off in what should be a great battle. Both teams are good on O and great on D. Which one will be moving on? Hoping its the Bison of course :)

Good luck to both teams and I hope any Wofford fans making the trip have a safe trip and enjoy the time they spend in Fargo.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 7th, 2012, 09:13 AM
You are one of the people he is talking about.

"First off, welcome to all Wofford fans who make the trip to Fargo. Hope you enjoy the show. As for all the Bison fans running your mouths on here about how we're the best team college football has ever seen, please. You embarass the rest of us. Let's just strap it on and play the game. Talk doesn't win games if you didn't know that by now. With that, I'll be cheering for the Bison to slug 'em in the mouth. All day. Let the chips fall where they may. We're a long way from Frisco. Peace."

Yep look oh the mirror.

Needless to say, I didn't take what he said terribly seriously.

94Terrier
December 7th, 2012, 09:23 AM
7 December, 1941: let us all pause a moment from our banter here on this thread to remember the soldiers and families of those who were attacked and those whose lives were lost in the horrific attacks of Pearl Harbor. God bless our military and our country.

Ok, you may proceed.

Baldy
December 7th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Well the Bison are the best team so they deserve to be #1.
That's why we have a playoff. xthumbsupx

mgbison
December 7th, 2012, 09:28 AM
If anyone thinks that a team can run the ball up the gut and beat our defense is smoking crack. This is the best defensive line they are gonna see all year (i take that back SC's is better, but I'd imagine we are more disiplined). EB is a slower version of Zenner. I was watching the UNH highlights, and UNH is the worst tackling team I've ever seen. It was like watching EIU vs SDSU in week one.

The only way we lose is if we throw a couple pick 6's. However, I'd imagine we'll be conservative in our offensive approach.

IBleedYellow
December 7th, 2012, 09:40 AM

Just saying.

Can't speak for anyone other than my team. We shut him down. In two games he ran for less than 3/4 his average per game. Either way, you didn't catch my sarcasm that our defense would totally stuff Wofford's RB (which obviously won't happen, he'll clearly run for some yards, I am guessing around 60-80 Positive yards.)
With that being said I am off these boards until Sunday after the games. So glad that the game actually gets played on the field, these pissing matches are just SO FUN. /S

Stay classy Bison fans.

Nexus 4

Walkon79
December 7th, 2012, 09:47 AM

Can't get anybody to take the bait on the Bobcat thread :)

BISON Thunder
December 7th, 2012, 09:49 AM
7 December, 1941: let us all pause a moment from our banter here on this thread to remember the soldiers and families of those who were attacked and those whose lives were lost in the horrific attacks of Pearl Harbor. God bless our military and our country.

Ok, you may proceed.

Amen, Brother...great reminder for all of us to keep things in perspective. Cheer's to the Terriers for a great season!

robsnotes4u
December 7th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Can't speak for anyone other than my team. We shut him down. In two games he ran for less than 3/4 his average per game. Either way, you didn't catch my sarcasm that our defense would totally stuff Wofford's RB (which obviously won't happen, he'll clearly run for some yards, I am guessing around 60-80 Positive yards.)
With that being said I am off these boards until Sunday after the games. So glad that the game actually gets played on the field, these pissing matches are just SO FUN. /S

Stay classy Bison fans.

Nexus 4

Yes you guys did, that was an amazing job, not once but twice. I do think it will be a little different vs Wofford with the option, which I know the Bison took care of GSU last year. I don't know if GSU had a back like EB.

Good luck to both teams. All the games this weekend are good.

deez_na
December 7th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Can't get anybody to take the bait on the Bobcat thread :)

haha, nope. Keep working on it.

robsnotes4u
December 7th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Amen, Brother...great reminder for all of us to keep things in perspective. Cheer's to the Terriers for a great season!

I second that

Baldy
December 7th, 2012, 10:27 AM
If anyone thinks that a team can run the ball up the gut and beat our defense is smoking crack. This is the best defensive line they are gonna see all year (i take that back SC's is better, but I'd imagine we are more disiplined). EB is a slower version of Zenner. I was watching the UNH highlights, and UNH is the worst tackling team I've ever seen. It was like watching EIU vs SDSU in week one.

The only way we lose is if we throw a couple pick 6's. However, I'd imagine we'll be conservative in our offensive approach.

See what I mean, BisonFan in NW MN? xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
December 7th, 2012, 10:31 AM

When someone actually does it, we'll believe it's possible.

robsnotes4u
December 7th, 2012, 10:32 AM

I don't even think they realize it. If you made that same statement against them you would be crucified.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Best of luck this weekend, just pointing out the post for NW MN dude.

Ya, I said that. But I never said the Bison are the best in all of college FB.

If the offense and defense bring their A-game, pretty tough for anyone to beat them.

MarkyMark
December 7th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Never posted before but enjoy reading all the comments. NDSU is an excellent team, obviously they are the #1 seed and #1 in the nation. I don't think any Terrier fan will contest that. You have an excellent defense, again #1. Wofford's (1 dimensional) offense ain't too shabby either. Game after game Wofford has heard that you can't run on our defense and each time we do. Most of the time we win but we have lost some. Same with NDSU, you have heard from other teams that they are different they will move the ball on your defense and guess what, nope nobody does. Looking forward to a good ole' fashion smack you in the mouth football game.

We have have encountered noise in the past, quite possible we never encountered noise like the FargoDome but I am sure the players will look forward to the chance to play in that atmosphere. NDSU may be bigger, stronger, faster and they may knock us down and stop the run. However, them Terriers will pick themselves up and hit you again and again again and again and again...think you get my point. More than likely you will see more dives than you have seen in the whole season combined, even if you stop it. Win or lose, there will be some bruised up players.

One final thing, seems like I am going on and I am sure I am putting folks to sleep. Pre-game, Coach Ayers in the most intense pregame motivater/speaker in the game today most likely in all of football. I was on the team during his 1st year at Wofford, He begain talking about the days when he worked on a garbage truck. Said we have to take hold of our opponent like this trash can. Get a firm grip, focus on what we need to do, and hit them...he began to smash his head into the trash can, then again, and again and again until it was mangled up. Blood dripping down his forhead he looked at the team and said, "Let's take care of business!!" OH, AND WE DID..Now, coach was younger then but he is just as effective. Last years Clemson pre-game speech..words can't describe it. I am sure other Wofford fans can attach the link to the speech (I would screw it up if I tried), love us or hate us that will get your blood moving...Is it Saturday yet?

I watched highlights from the Wofford/S.C. game and I was impressed. I have enjoyed getting to know more about Wofford this week and I have gained a lot of respect for your football program. I think you guys will be the team to beat in So-Con if/when App. and GSU move up.

Bison need to put this game away in the first half and make Wofford play catch-up. Our defense creating turnovers, our special teams play and home field advantage will be too much for Wofford to overcome. I am going to stick with my original prediction of 28 to 10 Bison.

Baldy
December 7th, 2012, 10:48 AM
When someone actually does it, we'll believe it's possible.
It's more than possible. It will happen. The only question is...when. :)

Thunderstruck
December 7th, 2012, 11:15 AM
anybody got an updated line on the game?

Reign of Terrier
December 7th, 2012, 11:17 AM

I haven't indulged, I've just heard of it xlolx

Reign of Terrier
December 7th, 2012, 11:21 AM

Just saying.

his numbers were definitely skewed by the EIU game. EB had more yards through 11 games.

Professor Chaos
December 7th, 2012, 11:25 AM
anybody got an updated line on the game?
NDSU -14

Dropped a bit since earlier in the week.

Reign of Terrier
December 7th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Yes you guys did, that was an amazing job, not once but twice. I do think it will be a little different vs Wofford with the option, which I know the Bison took care of GSU last year. I don't know if GSU had a back like EB.

Good luck to both teams. All the games this weekend are good.

Swope ran for 96 yards. GSU fans will contest Swope is on the same level as Breitenstein, but I think if you objectively look at the statistics, EB is better.

robsnotes4u
December 7th, 2012, 11:31 AM
his numbers were definitely skewed by the EIU game. EB had more yards through 11 games.

I looked at his history, man he is impressive. What happened in the game when he only had 5 carries for 35 yards. Hurt? Questioning only the carries not total yards.

Vitojr130
December 7th, 2012, 11:34 AM
I haven't indulged, I've just heard of it xlolx

Oh goodness, I brought a 1.75 of Everclear 190 to Duluth so a few of my friends could share the fun with me... needless to say 3 shots and only 10 minutes later with an empty stomach from a 6 hour trip, I was pretty hammered. It ended up being one of the few nights I don't remember in my life haha.

Reign of Terrier
December 7th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Looking at the stats, I think EB is better than Zenner. Don't get me wrong, both are great backs, it's just that Zenner only performed well in 2 games against teams with winning records, Indiana State and EIU. He went on a 4 game stretch at which he underperformed, against decent competition, played great against 2 terrible teams, and then got eliminated against NDSU.

EB has only had one game this year at which he's run for less than 100 yards--against D2 Lincoln, of which he only got 5 or 7 for 35 yards, he was taken out after the first possession of the 2nd quarter.

Reign of Terrier
December 7th, 2012, 11:35 AM
I looked at his history, man he is impressive. What happened in the game when he only had 5 carries for 35 yards. Hurt? Questioning only the carries not total yards.

we were up like 42-0 and there was no need for him in.

FargoBison
December 7th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Looks like Wofford is about to touch down in beautiful Fargo...

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX8671

Reign of Terrier
December 7th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Looks like Wofford is about to touch down in beautiful Fargo...

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX8671

they did about 10 minutes ago

AmsterBison
December 7th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Looking at the stats, I think EB is better than Zenner. Don't get me wrong, both are great backs, it's just that Zenner only performed well in 2 games against teams with winning records, Indiana State and EIU. He went on a 4 game stretch at which he underperformed, against decent competition, played great against 2 terrible teams, and then got eliminated against NDSU.

EB has only had one game this year at which he's run for less than 100 yards--against D2 Lincoln, of which he only got 5 or 7 for 35 yards, he was taken out after the first possession of the 2nd quarter.

It's hard to compare backs in two such different offenses, but I swear that ZZ finished the season with 50 more yards than Eric (1703 vs 1653.)

Personally, if I had to choose one, I'd probably take Eric because he's so much tougher to tackle and he almost never gets tackled behind the LOS (intangible: he reminds me of Tyler Roehl) but, in ZZ's defense, it's not like the defense doesn't know who is getting the ball in SDSU's offense. Eric has 1900 yards out of Wofford's 4284 net rushing yards whereas Zach has all but 260 of his teams net rushing yards - that's a huge difference.

underdawg
December 7th, 2012, 12:08 PM
*&$#--I know Both the ISUr and Bison games are on ESPN3--but why weren't at least one of the games on cable TV somewhere for the benefit of other MVCF fans?

FargoBison
December 7th, 2012, 12:11 PM
*&$#--I know Both the ISUr and Bison games are on ESPN3--but why weren't at least one of the games on cable TV somewhere for the benefit of other MVCF fans?

Well NDSU is on gameplan but you would think ESPN could throw one of these games on the U.

Reign of Terrier
December 7th, 2012, 12:15 PM
It's hard to compare backs in two such different offenses, but I swear that ZZ finished the season with 50 more yards than Eric (1703 vs 1653.)

Personally, if I had to choose one, I'd probably take Eric because he's so much tougher to tackle and he almost never gets tackled behind the LOS (intangible: he reminds me of Tyler Roehl) but, in ZZ's defense, it's not like the defense doesn't know who is getting the ball in SDSU's offense. Eric has 1900 yards out of Wofford's 4284 net rushing yards whereas Zach has all but 260 of his teams net rushing yards - that's a huge difference.

That actually kind of makes me feel better, because a lot of times it seems to be the same deal with Wofford......you know EB is getting it, but stopping it is harder. It feels like he has a bigger percentage of our yards than he actually does, especially since our offense has been stagnant due to injuries lately. We haven't had our second best running back for a good chunk of the year, and we've been running with our third string QB since the Samford game.

Cap'n Obvious
December 7th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Swope ran for 96 yards. GSU fans will contest Swope is on the same level as Breitenstein, but I think if you objectively look at the statistics, EB is better.

I believe if you look objectively at the two teams, EB's numbers are skewed. EB is the feature of the Wofford offense. I don't believe Swope is the feature back for GSU. Just curious, what sort of number of carries does EB have on the season compared to the rest of the Wofford backfield?

Reign of Terrier
December 7th, 2012, 12:26 PM
I believe if you look objectively at the two teams, EB's numbers are skewed. EB is the feature of the Wofford offense. I don't believe Swope is the feature back for GSU. Just curious, what sort of number of carries does EB have on the season compared to the rest of the Wofford backfield?

much more...

robsnotes4u
December 7th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Well NDSU is on gameplan but you would think ESPN could throw one of these games on the U.

Agree, all the games should be on, and I am not including ESPN 3 as on. As a big sky fan, I would love to see the EWU ISU game.

Wish they would have had two games today and tomorrow

Twentysix
December 7th, 2012, 02:09 PM

Allegedly NDSU refuses to host on a friday (Which I am personally happy about).

Same thing happened last year.

Bisonator
December 7th, 2012, 02:56 PM
There is no reason all of these games are not on ESPN, ESPN2 or ESPNU. Who wants to watch some stupid regular season BB game that is really meaningless? Heck I think they are even airing women's BB and or a soccer game. Really??? Come on man!!!

BNATION
December 7th, 2012, 04:12 PM
I don't see Wofford winning this one. Hoping for a bison Bearkat rematch.

Gil Dobie
December 7th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Lot of slacking today, only 115 pages. :(

BisonBabe
December 7th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Well heading to BWW in North Fargo to watch the Montana State-Sam Houston State

NoDak 4 Ever
December 7th, 2012, 05:59 PM
I cannot believe this is happening. This is a post from terrierfans.com

Re: Apology from NDSU.

Postby Ruckus on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:30 pm
From an outsider, it appears that NDSU would do itself a favor if Lakes spoke for it. Lakes and Bisonbabe have been the most rational and courteous of guests on this board from the frozen northland.

BB yes. Lakes. da****?

Reign of Terrier
December 7th, 2012, 06:08 PM

From an outsider, it appears that NDSU would do itself a favor if Lakes spoke for it. Lakes and Bisonbabe have been the most rational and courteous of guests on this board from the frozen northland.

BB yes. Lakes. da****?
I'm surprised as much as you are, I don't interact with Lakes much, but I've heard of his reputation. He's been extremely reasonable and respectful on terrierfans, which is antithetical to his reputation

On the flip side, if you go on Bisonville, and post:

"I know what you mean. I see a bunch of butGSU/likeGSU comments on this bison board. I fear a full week of "we are so superior, why are we even playing this crowd, why don't they just give us the trophy now" crap is coming. Ugh."

That comment is interpreted as smack. DungeonJoe got as much negative rep as I have positive rep on here for that ONE comment. He posted 5 comments and has been utterly flamed.

I'm all for passion for the game and for the team, but that's not passion, that's creepy insecurity akin to a serial killer blaming his victim for insulting him and thus "provoking him" to murder.

How dare Wofford fans think they can win.

UNAPride
December 7th, 2012, 06:30 PM
A battle of two former D2 schools. Congrats to both and best of luck!

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 7th, 2012, 08:47 PM

BB yes. Lakes. da****?

He actually conducts himself all right on the GSU board. Guess he saves his foolishness for AGS and Bisonville?

FargoBison
December 7th, 2012, 08:49 PM
He actually conducts himself all right on the GSU board. Guess he saves his foolishness for AGS and Bisonville?

Well he's been trolling Ill State's board this week...getting into pointless fights with EWU fans.

Lakes is ok but get him around UND or EWU fans and he loses it.

Gil Dobie
December 7th, 2012, 09:48 PM
I still enjoy the highlights from last year that ESPN is showing during breaks :)

Big Rack
December 7th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Are EW players eligible to smoke it up now before the games?xlolx

Twentysix
December 7th, 2012, 10:06 PM

Nah, ESPN discussed this like two days after the election.

SOCON DOMINATES
December 7th, 2012, 10:09 PM

Halftime, yes.

Professor Chaos
December 8th, 2012, 12:53 AM
Well he's been trolling Ill State's board this week...getting into pointless fights with EWU fans.

Lakes is ok but get him around UND or EWU fans and he loses it.
Honestly, if every Bison fan was like Lakes we would be the most hated fan base in the history of sports but we would also be the best fan base in the history of sports. The guy has a passion for NDSU football that is better than 90% of Bison fans out there. He used to really irritate me with the way he conducted himself on message boards but the more I thought about it the more I realized his message board demeanor doesn't amount to a hill of beans in terms of how it affects me. I enjoy posting on AGS and I trust that any poster that is worthy of having a legitimate football discussion with differentiaties between a poster like myself and a poster like Lakes. Lakes puts his opinion out there for anyone to rag on it but he takes criticism pretty well if you ask me (not trying to say he doesn't deserve it). I'll never defend him when he flames on UND/SDSU/EWU/whoever is on his ****list for the week but he's really not as bad as most like to make him out to be.

xcoach2
December 8th, 2012, 12:57 AM
REAL TALK now -

What were the election defruaders trying to defraud?

Professor Chaos
December 8th, 2012, 12:59 AM
REAL TALK now -

What were the election defruaders trying to defraud?
Gay marriage. You and Fritz are personally offended, I'm sure, that you can't make your union official in North Dakota.

Reign of Terrier
December 8th, 2012, 01:19 AM
The more I look at the stats, the more I wonder why people are predicting blowouts.

Twentysix
December 8th, 2012, 01:25 AM
The more I look at the stats, the more I wonder why people are predicting blowouts.

If woffy gets fumblitis it will be a blow out. Only other way is if one team loses the trench war by the 3rd qtr.

BisonBohl
December 8th, 2012, 01:35 AM
Honestly good luck to both teams tomorrow and may the best team win. Been fun chatting with yall...time to for the game to do the talking!

EmeraldCityBison
December 8th, 2012, 01:53 AM
Gobison.com game preview. (http://gobison.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=1132124)

skinny_uncle
December 8th, 2012, 03:01 AM
Honestly, if every Bison fan was like Lakes we would be the most hated fan base in the history of sports but we would also be the best fan base in the history of sports. The guy has a passion for NDSU football that is better than 90% of Bison fans out there. He used to really irritate me with the way he conducted himself on message boards but the more I thought about it the more I realized his message board demeanor doesn't amount to a hill of beans in terms of how it affects me. I enjoy posting on AGS and I trust that any poster that is worthy of having a legitimate football discussion with differentiaties between a poster like myself and a poster like Lakes. Lakes puts his opinion out there for anyone to rag on it but he takes criticism pretty well if you ask me (not trying to say he doesn't deserve it). I'll never defend him when he flames on UND/SDSU/EWU/whoever is on his ****list for the week but he's really not as bad as most like to make him out to be.

Lakes managed to get booted from Salukitalk this year which ain't easy. It's something Cap'n Cat never manage to do (yet).

ITmonarch10
December 8th, 2012, 03:53 AM

The Bison defense has been stout all year but particularly against the run. They shut down some pretty tough running backs already. We know Wofford isn't going to throw the ball that much ,so you are playing to NDSU strength in there back yard.

However, you have all the ODU and GSU fan support in the world. Go terriers !!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2012, 05:18 AM
Gobison.com game preview. (http://gobison.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=1132124)

I haven't seen a John Crockett interview, I really like his attitude.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2012, 06:14 AM

We'll find out in 8 hrs.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2012, 06:38 AM
I'm still going with my original prediction:

Bison 31-6

blueballs
December 8th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Southern Pigskin's write up on the SoCon's playoff games today http://www.southernpigskin.com/SoCon/view/socon-playoff-primer2 brought up a good point about Wofford's recent issues with fumbling.

The pups better clean that in very short order or the Bizon (see, I pronounced it right) will run them out of that airplane hangar.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 8th, 2012, 07:24 AM
Southern Pigskin's write up on the SoCon's playoff games today http://www.southernpigskin.com/SoCon/view/socon-playoff-primer2 brought up a good point about Wofford's recent issues with fumbling.

The pups better clean that in very short order or the Bizon (see, I pronounced it right) will run them out of that airplane hangar.

How much of that was when Kass wasn't playing?

caribbeanhen
December 8th, 2012, 07:44 AM

fumbles? look who's talking

gsu2583
December 8th, 2012, 07:48 AM

Who's talking? Someone with a team in the quarters, that's who.

blueballs
December 8th, 2012, 07:49 AM

Yup, and we GSU folks speak from experience on this issue... ;-)

Go back and look it up... a very legitimate case can be made that GSU fumbled away two national titles, in 1988 and 1998, so we know aaaaalllllll about it.

Nevertheless, Wofford has to play a really clean game- and by clean I mean mistake free- to have a shot today, and that's the gist of the article.

X-Factor
December 8th, 2012, 07:58 AM
The Bison defense has been stout all year but particularly against the run. They shut down some pretty tough running backs already. We know Wofford isn't going to throw the ball that much ,so you are playing to NDSU strength in there back yard.

However, you have all the ODU and GSU fan support in the world. Go terriers !!

Their gameplan will be to run the ball, but historically we have found that even run heavy triple O teams end up throwing mostly by mid 3rd quarter. I would expect to see some passing today from woff.

caribbeanhen
December 8th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Yup, and we GSU folks speak from experience on this issue... ;-)

exactly why I mentioned it, oh the irony of a gsu fan ribbing Wofford about fumbling

gsu_paintballer
December 8th, 2012, 08:29 AM
exactly why I mentioned it, oh the irony of a gsu fan ribbing Wofford about fumbling

Just like the irony of a Delaware fan ribbing playoff team fans.

Get over it.

darell1976
December 8th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Gametime in 5 1/2 hrs so good luck to both teams!!

Hambone
December 8th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Gametime in 5 1/2 hrs so good luck to both teams!!

Right on Darell - looking forward to a good game

Eaglesrus
December 8th, 2012, 08:46 AM

I don't see anyone ribbing Wofford about fumbles, just pointing out that its a concern for them, as it is for us. This is a thread to discuss the game and what may affect it, isn't it? As BB stated, who better to point out the potential consequences of fumbles than us?

Twentysix
December 8th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Heading up to get in line. Should be a great game. Go bison!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Just about ready to leave the house.

GO BISON

Southern Bison
December 8th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Already at Jocks & Jill's in Charlotte pre-gaming with the GaSo/ODU game...GO BISON!!!

Drblankstare
December 8th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Have fun today everybody. Should be a great game. I'm thinking its going to be close, so I'm going with the Bison 24 and Wofford 21.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2012, 02:03 PM
I already hate this Play by play guy.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2012, 02:08 PM
I LOVE what I'm seeing here.

Pards Rule
December 8th, 2012, 02:12 PM
TD Bison up 7-0!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2012, 02:14 PM
TD Bison up 7-0!

This is Bison football.

Drblankstare
December 8th, 2012, 02:15 PM
That was pretty convincing play by the offensive line. Lets see if the D line can do the same thing for the Bison.

Pards Rule
December 8th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Wow huge Wofford run brings it to NDSU 39

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Gotta tighten that **** up

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 8th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Another team imploding in the Fargo Dome...

Pards Rule
December 8th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Fumble NDSU recovers!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2012, 02:21 PM
That was just torn out!

Pards Rule
December 8th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Jensen sacked on 3rd - punt

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 8th, 2012, 02:23 PM
That was a huge defensive stand by Wofford...

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Can't take advantage of the turnover. That drive = no bueno

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 8th, 2012, 02:29 PM
3rd and 9 and a run up the middle...oh boy...

Pards Rule
December 8th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Punt by Wofford downed at 1

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2012, 02:31 PM
I'm thinking 99 yd TD drive lasting almost 10 minutes.

Southern Swarm
December 8th, 2012, 02:38 PM
LETS GO WOFFORD!!!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2012, 02:39 PM
LETS GO WOFFORD!!!

Don't want to come to the Dome again? Understandable.

Red & Black
December 8th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Hell yeah! Bizun picked for 6!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 8th, 2012, 02:40 PM
TD Wofford!!

Great play by the Wofford DB on the sweep then a poor pass by Jensen

GSUwinsagain
December 8th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Great defensive play Wofford ! Go Terriers, make it an all Southern conference semi !

NoDak 4 Ever
There it is!

Dammit, I knew that was going to happen.

asumike83
Wofford defense is very good, not going to be a lot of points on the board today.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Glad to see all the haters who were lurking just waiting for something to happen.

Drblankstare
December 8th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Jensen must play better, or the Bison will lose this game.

asumike83
December 8th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Glad to see all the haters who were lurking just waiting for something to happen.

Not sure who that was directed at but I am no NDSU hater. I've said since my first post in this thread that I expect NDSU to win but the Wofford defense is very good and should keep it close.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Yep, back to running and ball control. That is just fine.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Not sure who that was directed at but I am no NDSU hater. I've said since my first post in this thread that I expect NDSU to win but the Wofford defense is very good and should keep it close.

Just the GSU and EWU posters who don't want to play the Bison.

Gaterrier
December 8th, 2012, 02:50 PM
You want us to tell your fans to quiet down so y'all can run a play on offense?

Gaterrier
December 8th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Don't mind lil' ol' us...we just glad to be here in this loud, awesome, green and yeller beauty of a dome!

Sam_Kats
December 8th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Oh please. You NDSU folks (not all) bring it on yourselves. Get over it.

Drblankstare
Bison looking sloppy on offense after a great first drive. Wofford D stepping up nicely.

GSUwinsagain

I do not hate NDSU nor am I scared for us to play there. I just want another Socon team to win. You can't help but pull for a team like Wofford. I would also like to have a another game.
I am not here to talk trash, just pulling for a fellow Socon member !

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Oh please. You NDSU folks (not all) bring it on yourselves. Get over it.

Yeah but everybody was pretty quiet until that pick. Hater's be hatin. No biggie.

Southern Swarm
December 8th, 2012, 02:52 PM
SOCON POWER!!!

Southern Swarm
December 8th, 2012, 02:54 PM
C'mon Wofford

Gaterrier
December 8th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Got Terrier contact there. Dome is loud, but wanted me to post to have y'all (that's "you all") get over yourselves. It ain't Clemson or South Carolina...might not even be App State or Paulson.

It is; however, a great atmosphere!

BNATION
December 8th, 2012, 02:55 PM

Don't worry if EWU does win they won't see the bison. KATS.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Got Terrier contact there. Dome is loud, but wanted me to post to have y'all (that's "you all") get over yourselves. It ain't Clemson or South Carolina...might not even be App State or Paulson.

It is; however, a great atmosphere!

2 false starts.

asumike83
December 8th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Since he is a Boone kid, I like to see Breitenstein do well when it is not at our expense. He is a tough runner, hard to bring down.

The NDSU crowd really seems to be affecting Wofford. 2 false starts have really slowed them down.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Since he is a Boone kid, I like to see Breitenstein do well when it is not at our expense. He is a tough runner, hard to bring down.

The NDSU crowd really seems to be affecting Wofford. 2 false starts have really slowed them down.

Nah, Not South Carolina so no big deal.

Gaterrier
December 8th, 2012, 03:00 PM
2 false starts.

Actually, 3. Read what I said. I said that is IS LOUD, but it's not as loud as you would have had us believe.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Actually, 3. Read what I said. I said that is IS LOUD, but it's not as loud as you would have had us believe.

You, obviously, haven't been to an SEC stadium lately (except for Vandy - NDSU may be louder).

Oh my god, that would require me to actually have to travel to one of those states. No thank you.

It doesn't have to be as loud as you expect, as long as it's too loud.

Gaterrier
December 8th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Are Bison fans "booing" their offense?

These announcers suck, by the way.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 8th, 2012, 03:04 PM
This game is going by at an amazing rate..

Big run by Jensen

citdog
December 8th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Nah, Not South Carolina so no big deal.

the little schmeckle syndrome displayed by biSon fans is quite amusing.

Gaterrier
December 8th, 2012, 03:06 PM
This game is going by at an amazing rate..

Big run by Jensen

Yes. If it weren't for the TV time outs, it'd be over in about 1.5 hours. The Wofford/GSU game was like 2:10 - WITH halftime, etc. Ha!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2012, 03:06 PM
the little schmeckle syndrome displayed by biSon fans is quite amusing.

This is a football forum, since your school doesn't play and you can't talk about it. Go to 4chan or something.

Red & Black
December 8th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Wofford looks like a pretty physical team. I wonder how long they can keep it up.

Hambone
December 8th, 2012, 03:13 PM
These pass interference penalties on third down are killing Wofford this drive.

Gaterrier
Dang. NDSU's receivers are so clumsy we can't even guard them!

NoDak 4 Ever
These Wofford guys can't keep their hands to themselves.

CID1990
This is a football forum, since your school doesn't play and you can't talk about it. Go to 4chan or something.

We beat the other SoCon team that is in the playoffs, and lost by a hair to the very team that is going to win this game today, so I'd say we play football.

But don't let anything get in the way of you confirming the generalized reputation of bison fans.

Red & Black
Wofford looks like a pretty physical team. I wonder how long they can keep it up.

Not long, apparently. :)

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2012, 03:14 PM
TOUCHDOOOOOOOOOWN BISON!

Mattymc727
These fans look pretty beat...sheesh..

DJKyR0
TD Bison. Perfect.

Drblankstare
December 8th, 2012, 03:15 PM
TD Bison. Jensen to Vraa. 14-7 NDSU. 1 min left in the 1st half.

Bisonator
December 8th, 2012, 03:16 PM
97 yard td drive thanks in part to wofford penalties

Go Lehigh TU Owl
Who gets the ball to start the 2nd half?

BullDog85
Has anyone rushed for more than 100 yards on the Bison this year? Just happened on the last play.

BullDog85
Who gets the ball to start the 2nd half?Wofford.

citdog
December 8th, 2012, 03:17 PM

I talk about it quite well and did so to the entire State of Montana this morning. You sound like a child.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2012, 03:18 PM
We beat the other SoCon team that is in the playoffs, and lost by a hair to the very team that is going to win this game today, so I'd say we play football.

But don't let anything get in the way of you confirming the generalized reputation of bison fans.

Except these teams actually play football in December. Ever wonder what that's like?

citdog
December 8th, 2012, 03:19 PM
Oh my god, that would require me to actually have to travel to one of those states. No thank you.

tourism is a billion dollar industry for South Carolina. You have lived in North Dakota and Ohio.........places people FLEE from not visit.

Gaterrier
December 8th, 2012, 03:19 PM
Should the Terriers even come out in the second half?

dwtime
December 8th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Is this game on TV and or online?

DJKyR0
I for one am unimpressed by the Wofford O. No scores and only 110 yards of offense. Lookin forward to seeing what adjustments are made in the 2nd half.

NoDak 4 Ever
Should the Terriers even come out in the second half?

Of course. This isn't South Carolina they're playing. They have the Bison right where they want them.