PDA

View Full Version : Wofford vs North Dakota State

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

SC-T-Dogg
December 3rd, 2012, 08:11 PM
I have no idea to what you are referring.

http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/images/11/2012/01/xlarge_ec9db65ae398dbb73ca7e40cc6ecf0f3.jpg

Now that could be a finger cramp, it happens to me when I play in the adult league some times!!

BisonBabe
December 3rd, 2012, 08:23 PM
Wait, you disagree with me? I realize you're like the 1% that isn't a problem, but for the most part, the Bison fanbase (on AGS) is exactly as I described. Bison fans make Alabama fans look like a rational fanbase.

You are judging the whole fan base based on a few over zealous fans on AGS. Well if I judged all schools that way I would never extend an invitation to anyone to go out for dinner/drinks and football talk.

BisonBabe
December 3rd, 2012, 08:26 PM
I had a great time sharing the table there with you and Swag last year, BB! Still don't know how we managed to stumble into the right tailgate the next day, but sure glad we did.

It sure was a great time last year. If both our teams play their A+ game perhaps we can do it all over again.

xcoach2
December 3rd, 2012, 08:29 PM
You are judging the whole fan base based on a few over zealous fans on AGS. Well if I judged all schools that way I would never extend an invitation to anyone to go out for dinner/drinks and football talk.

A few overzealous fans? How about 9/10?

Trumpster
December 3rd, 2012, 08:31 PM

9/10 who post on AGS is nowhere near the ~19k fans at the game Saturday.

Bisonoline
December 3rd, 2012, 08:35 PM

Thank goodness the majority of of SHSU fans arent assholes like yourself. It wouldnt be fair to them would it.

totoinfl
December 3rd, 2012, 08:41 PM
If you only get 180(3 times what NDSU allows) on the ground saturday...Wofford will probably be in the wrong end of the scoring column

Honestly though, I can't really say how many times I've heard "well we average this many yards against us on defense so we will do will against the option" and then subsequently said team gets run up and down the field. Elon had the best defense in the conference in 2008, we had about three times as many yards as they had averaged giving up by halftime. UNI made the argument as well, granted UNI beat us but we helped them out with turnovers....otherwise we had close to 500 yards rushing.

Now, with that said, I don't think we'll run for that much yards, but it's not going to surprise me in the slightest if the option is harder for NDSU to beat than they think.

Thundar
December 3rd, 2012, 08:42 PM
Wow, this is nuts for only being Monday, might have to shut the boards down by the time SHSU and MSU kickoff on Friday

BisonAccountant44
December 3rd, 2012, 08:42 PM
Krolls does make it pretty good. Too bad the knephla there is an absolute joke and insult to my intelligence they think they can call it that.

I've never figured out what that **** they serve really is, but it sure as hell isn't anything that resembles knoephlla soup.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

DJKyR0
December 3rd, 2012, 08:45 PM
Worst little-man's syndrome fanbase in the country.

Hilarious considering your sole purpose on the board is to troll the hell out of the fan base whose team embarrassed yours in the biggest game your program has ever been apart of. The irony here is just classic.

BisonBabe
December 3rd, 2012, 08:55 PM
Krolls does make it pretty good. Too bad the knephla there is an absolute joke and insult to my intelligence they think they can call it that.

I have never understood why they make it the way they do. Knephla is really not that hard to do but most restaurants take the short cuts instead of making it right.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 08:56 PM
Hilarious considering your sole purpose on the board is to troll the hell out of the fan base whose team embarrassed yours in the biggest game your program has ever been apart of. The irony here is just classic.

Funny the guy with a red rep score yelling about class.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 3rd, 2012, 08:57 PM
Wofford fans:

How long has Wofford been running their version of the triple-option?

steelbison
December 3rd, 2012, 09:00 PM

Just go back and read this losers quotes from last year. To summurize NDSU was worthless and we would get owned by Sam Houston.

dungeonjoe
December 3rd, 2012, 09:03 PM
Wofford fans:

As long as Ayers has been coach (25 years). It has evolved, of course. it is not the same version. There are wrinkles that go away and reappear later with personnel.

Reign of Terrier
December 3rd, 2012, 09:07 PM
Wofford fans:

the nucleus of the current playbook has been consistently used since 2006ish

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 3rd, 2012, 09:11 PM
As long as Ayers has been coach (25 years). It has evolved, of course. it is not the same version. There are wrinkles that go away and reappear later with personnel.

I love the TO.

The Bison ran the veer for many years in D2 and were successful at it. Pretty cool when defenses know it is coming and still cannot stop it.

It will be an interesting match-up for both teams. I'm sure Wofford will try and stop the Bison run game and make Jensen beat them.....I would. If the Bison can run the ball effectively this will be trouble for Wofford, esp in the 2nd half.

Bison need to score early and take Wofford out of their comfort zone. The TO is not a good offense for playing catch-up.

Southern Bison
December 3rd, 2012, 09:20 PM
Funny the guy with a red rep score yelling about class.

We could have some fun here and play off the fantastic Jeff Foxworthy...a new thread labeled "You might be xcoach2 if..." I wonder if it could reach 1000 posts and make it legen...wait for it...

dungeonjoe
December 3rd, 2012, 09:21 PM
I love the TO.

The Bison ran the veer for many years in D2 and were successful at it. Pretty cool when defenses know it is coming and still cannot stop it.

It will be an interesting match-up for both teams. I'm sure Wofford will try and stop the Bison run game and make Jensen beat them.....I would. If the Bison can run the ball effectively this will be trouble for Wofford, esp in the 2nd half.

Bison need to score early and take Wofford out of their comfort zone. The TO is not a good offense for playing catch-up.
I watch football on every level and I love watching a well executed TO. Wofford's defense is pretty stout. I think it will be a low scoring game.

Southern Bison
December 3rd, 2012, 09:22 PM
We could have some fun here and play off the fantastic Jeff Foxworthy...a new thread labeled "You might be xcoach2 if..." I wonder if it could reach 1000 posts and make it legen...wait for it...

...dary!

dungeonjoe
December 3rd, 2012, 09:23 PM
Wofford game notes are posted:
http://athletics.wofford.edu/documents/2012/12/3/WOF-NDSU_notes_12.pdf

Grizo406
December 3rd, 2012, 09:29 PM
Go Terriers!!!xtwocentsx

BisonBabe
December 3rd, 2012, 09:37 PM
Wofford game notes are posted:
http://athletics.wofford.edu/documents/2012/12/3/WOF-NDSU_notes_12.pdf

Thanks for posting this Joe. I will have to forward this link to my boss who is in California for the winter and won't be home for this game. He is a NDSU fan as well and called me this morning bright and early to talk about the game.

BisonBohl
December 3rd, 2012, 09:40 PM
I gotta say I never understand the "We got nothing to lose, the pressure is all on them" line from teams playing NDSU this year. First SDSU fans said it and now I am hearing it from Wofford fans. What the hell do you mean you have nothing to lose? This is the playoffs, if you lose your season is done! You mean to tell me if you lose you are okay with that??? Its a losers mentality of thinking and just baffles me people say that.

Wofford is very capable of playing a great football and winning. I don't think that's going to happen but that's why they play the game.

End rant, maybe im off my rocker but just the way I see it....

Screamin_Eagle174
December 3rd, 2012, 09:43 PM
For some bison fans, it is unthinkable that Wofford will win. If the unthinkable happens, please stay away from sharp objects, high places, and guns.

By stay away, do you mean move closer towards? xsmiley_wix

dungeonjoe
December 3rd, 2012, 09:48 PM
I gotta say I never understand the "We got nothing to lose, the pressure is all on them" line from teams playing NDSU this year. First SDSU fans said it and now I am hearing it from Wofford fans. What the hell do you mean you have nothing to lose? This is the playoffs, if you lose your season is done! You mean to tell me if you lose you are okay with that??? Its a losers mentality of thinking and just baffles me people say that.

Wofford is very capable of playing a great football and winning. I don't think that's going to happen but that's why they play the game.

End rant, maybe im off my rocker but just the way I see it.... they are capable. I suspect win or lose, the world won't end for Wofford or NDSU. Perspective is a good thing.

Here is a blog post on EB. Maybe it will be entertaining if not informative:

http://onlyconnectparke.blogspot.com/2012/12/voices-liberal-arts-colleges-athletics.html

Terrierforlife
December 3rd, 2012, 09:53 PM

I totally agree. I respect a good Bison team, but my Terriers expect to win and are planning to win! I do believe that it will be one helluva game though! See ya at 3p!

BisonBohl
December 3rd, 2012, 09:54 PM
they are capable. I suspect win or lose, the world won't end for Wofford or NDSU. Perspective is a good thing.

Here is a blog post on EB. Maybe it will be entertaining if not informative:

http://onlyconnectparke.blogspot.com/2012/12/voices-liberal-arts-colleges-athletics.html

Very nice piece, and congrats to Eric on all his accomplishments on and off the field. Definitely one the Wofford community can be proud of.

theasushow
December 3rd, 2012, 09:56 PM
how is this game not on a espn channel?! must not be as big of a game as 780 posts might indicate....MSU and SHSU get that nice nationally televised prime time spot. maybe i need to be in that thread....

BullDog85
December 3rd, 2012, 09:56 PM
[QUOTE=terrierterror84;1908414]

I'll address youngterrier's post here since I can't quote multiple posts on my phone, but I'll go ahead and assume that South Carolina prepared for the terriers much like we prepared for prairie view a&m. Tune-up game that wasn't worth the film time. If they taken you seriously breathe stein wouldn't have broken 50. Rest assured that you won't fly under NDSU's radar. That said, if you we're playin North Dakota, I'm sure he would put up 400 on the ground with about 7 TDs. Their defense is atrocious. Here's hoping your coaching staff is as bad at geography as some of their fans. As a long time South Carolina fan I'm certain Spurrier did not look at the rat dogs as a tuneup. The Rat Dogs almost won the last time they met and dreaded playing them again. There is no "finesse" in SoCon triple option teams, especially Coach Ayer's style of TO. It's not Coach Monken TO. It's TO ran by people with brains, strength and stamina. NDSU should win this one on paper, but it's not going to be easy. As to the Rat Dogs claiming their a little ole liberal arts college...don't buy that line. Their famous alumni Jerry Richardson, owner of the Carolina Panthers, holds their fall practices at Wofford and pumps a chunk of change into their program. That means their weight room and facilities are up to standards NFL players expect.

BisonBohl
December 3rd, 2012, 09:57 PM
how is this game not on a espn channel?! must not be as big of a game as 780 posts might indicate....MSU and SHSU get that nice nationally televised prime time spot. maybe i need to be in that thread....

Go for it shooter...

theasushow
December 3rd, 2012, 10:02 PM
Go for it shooter...

Fantastic movie...

Southern Bison
December 3rd, 2012, 10:02 PM
As a long time South Carolina fan I'm certain Spurrier did not look at the rat dogs as a tuneup. The Rat Dogs almost won the last time they met and dreaded playing them again. There is no "finesse" in SoCon triple option teams, especially Coach Ayer's style of TO. It's not Coach Monken TO. It's TO ran by people with brains, strength and stamina. NDSU should win this one on paper, but it's not going to be easy. As to the Rat Dogs claiming their a little ole liberal arts college...don't buy that line. Their famous alumni Jerry Richardson, owner of the Carolina Panthers, holds their fall practices at Wofford and pumps a chunk of change into their program. That means their weight room and facilities are up to standards NFL players expect.

We're used to hearing that from UND...and they're just a collection of 19th-century outhouses up by the Canadian border.

BisonBohl
December 3rd, 2012, 10:04 PM
Fantastic movie...

Good Luck this weekend.

Bisonoline
December 3rd, 2012, 10:05 PM

Yeah never understood that as well.

frozennorth
December 3rd, 2012, 10:12 PM

as arrogant and obnoxious as NDSU fans can be, i think it's pretty rare to be aggressively insulting toward another fan base. Maybe it's different from a different perspective.

moose
December 3rd, 2012, 10:18 PM
As a long time South Carolina fan I'm certain Spurrier did not look at the rat dogs as a tuneup. The Rat Dogs almost won the last time they met and dreaded playing them again. There is no "finesse" in SoCon triple option teams, especially Coach Ayer's style of TO. It's not Coach Monken TO. It's TO ran by people with brains, strength and stamina. NDSU should win this one on paper, but it's not going to be easy. As to the Rat Dogs claiming their a little ole liberal arts college...don't buy that line. Their famous alumni Jerry Richardson, owner of the Carolina Panthers, holds their fall practices at Wofford and pumps a chunk of change into their program. That means their weight room and facilities are up to standards NFL players expect.

Wow. Some real information in this dumpster fire of a thread. Thanks BullDog

NDSUBowler
December 3rd, 2012, 10:24 PM
Early lines have NDSU -16 and O/U for the game at 38.5.

I think that is giving NDSU too much credit, as I don't expect a low scoring affair to have that large a spread, but I'm not the 'expert' that sets the lines.

http://vvcap.net/db/i1OeQ-MiCpGOYt-vuB6u.png

Southern Bison
December 3rd, 2012, 10:30 PM
Early lines have NDSU -16 and O/U for the game at 38.5.

I think that is giving NDSU too much credit, as I don't expect a low scoring affair to have that large a spread, but I'm not the 'expert' that sets the lines.

http://vvcap.net/db/i1OeQ-MiCpGOYt-vuB6u.png

Based on a 16-pt spread, that's at least a 28-11 game just to carry the over. I think Wofford's D could hold us at 20 as they're better than SDSU...If we do hit 30, that shows that our offense has hit their stride and firing on all cylinders.

frozennorth
December 3rd, 2012, 11:02 PM
I think Wofford's D could hold us at 20 as they're better than SDSU...

Not sure I would agree with that.

DJKyR0
December 3rd, 2012, 11:29 PM
As to the Rat Dogs claiming their a little ole liberal arts college...don't buy that line. Their famous alumni Jerry Richardson, owner of the Carolina Panthers, holds their fall practices at Wofford and pumps a chunk of change into their program. That means their weight room and facilities are up to standards NFL players expect.

The only people that think Wofford is at a disadvantage is Wofford fans, apparently. I cant help but laugh at some Terrier fans' continued indignant complaints of being overlooked because they're apparently a small school. News to me. You guys have a fine football team - you're just going up against a great one. Nothing against your institution.

woffordgrad94
December 3rd, 2012, 11:52 PM
The only people that think Wofford is at a disadvantage is Wofford fans, apparently. I cant help but laugh at some Terrier fans' continued indignant complaints of being overlooked because they're apparently a small school. News to me. You guys have a fine football team - you're just going up against a great one. Nothing against your institution.

Good stuff. I actually agree with this!

woffordgrad94
December 3rd, 2012, 11:59 PM
Of course the TO will be hard for the NDSU defense. They do not see it at all. Wofford will get some yards on the ground but this defense is very good at adjustments.

I think you mentioned that if Wofford gets around 250 yds rushing they will win. IMO, it needs to be around 300 +.

You'll be surprised how many 3 and outs you're going to have.

Wofford doesn't do 3 and outs. Mike Ayers like to go for 4th downs a lot...no matter where we are on the field! Hey, you can't argue with his results!

Bisonoline
December 4th, 2012, 12:05 AM
Good stuff. I actually agree with this!

I dont know much about you but have always looked to see how you are doing since I noticed that you were beating App St when they were doing real well. From what I can tell you have usually put a very competitive team on the field. I dont look for anything different this weekend.

Any of your fans making the trip to Fargo are welcome to join us at our tailgate. We usually have alot of food . I will be serving 1/2 pound bratwurst.
If you are in town on Friday come to the BWW North. A buddy and myself are having a get together to watch SHSU vs MSU . Wings are on us.

cbarrier90
December 4th, 2012, 12:27 AM
The only people that think Wofford is at a disadvantage is Wofford fans, apparently. I cant help but laugh at some Terrier fans' continued indignant complaints of being overlooked because they're apparently a small school. News to me.

This is spot on.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2012, 06:07 AM
Wofford doesn't do 3 and outs. Mike Ayers like to go for 4th downs a lot...no matter where we are on the field! Hey, you can't argue with his results!

Even deep in their own zone? Interesting.

dungeonjoe
December 4th, 2012, 06:13 AM
Even deep in their own zone? Interesting.
No, that doesn't happen

Baldy
December 4th, 2012, 06:31 AM
No, that doesn't happen
If I'm not grossly mistaken, I have seen Ayers go for it inside the 25 before...2007 I believe??????

dungeonjoe
December 4th, 2012, 06:39 AM
Wofford fans like me have a difficult time discerning the respect people have for the College in the galaxy of smack talk in countless posts and pages on many message boards. I guess I am old school enough to not always get the subtleties of the Internet; apparently in some places acidic smack is a sign of high respect. Who knew?
I am always relearning that what other people say doesn't really affect the core of who I am. I forget that repeatedly in football season.
Thus endth the sermon.
Regardless, thanks for the clearly worded sentiment. :)

Eaglesrus
December 4th, 2012, 07:19 AM

GSU and ODU don't have 2,500 posters on AGS total like NDSU does by themselves :D. If we did our game would probably have just as long a thread.

BisonBabe
December 4th, 2012, 07:24 AM
GSU and ODU don't have 2,500 posters on AGS total like NDSU does by themselves :D. If we did our game would probably have just as long a thread.

It is always interesting to see the new crop of posters who appear during the playoffs. Not all new profiles are really fans of the school they may profess to be and many have only one goal and that is to be a major pain in the arse.

Something to remember always is that **** splatters to watch what you hit :)

Vitojr130
December 4th, 2012, 07:34 AM
You must have some solid alternatives though because there's no shortage of fatties in the Bison fanbase.
xlolx I remember when I was 12. Isn't there an age limit on this forum?

The way Bison fans conduct themselves on this board is embarrassing. Who'd want to hand out with a bunch of dorks that turn every conversation into a junk measuring contest? Worst little-man's syndrome fanbase in the country.
Funny this is coming out of you. Good thing SHSU will be gone after this weekend, for you won't have to deal with any more butthurt. It'll all be over soon. Your emBearassedKats will soon be curb-stomped and you'll fall off the face of the earth.... again.

NDSU: 24
Wofford: 10

Bison56
December 4th, 2012, 07:55 AM
You must have some solid alternatives though because there's no shortage of fatties in the Bison fanbase.

Someone isnt getting enough attention at home.

terrierterror84
December 4th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Wofford fans:

coach ayers ran the true triple option the first several years and started using wings and more formations as we moved into div. I. the shotgun came out when we started seeing more defenses crowd the box and this spread them out again, forcing them to read plays more.

terrierterror84
December 4th, 2012, 09:27 AM

totally agree

blueballs
December 4th, 2012, 10:56 AM

After a couple of years of observing I get the feeling- and I may be wrong- that a lot of the NDSU folks who post here gain their total sense of being and self esteem from the fortunes of their football team. I sincerely hope that is not the case but it sure seems that way.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 4th, 2012, 11:07 AM
After a couple of years of observing I get the feeling- and I may be wrong- that a lot of the NDSU folks who post here gain their total sense of being and self esteem from the fortunes of their football team. I sincerely hope that is not the case but it sure seems that way.

http://lans-soapbox.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Pot_Meet_Kettle.jpg

asumike83
December 4th, 2012, 11:16 AM

I agree that "nothing to lose" is not the best way to put it but there is significantly less pressure on Wofford. Sometimes that allows the underdog to play loose and more aggressive than the favorite. I think NDSU is very well-coached and won't play tight or play "not to lose" but it does happen from time to time when a team is a big favorite.

Thundar
December 4th, 2012, 11:37 AM
I agree that "nothing to lose" is not the best way to put it but there is significantly less pressure on Wofford. Sometimes that allows the underdog to play loose and more aggressive than the favorite. I think NDSU is very well-coached and won't play tight or play "not to lose" but it does happen from time to time when a team is a big favorite.

Indiana st is all I have to say to this!! It's really exactly what happened I said it when the team was coming down the tunnel for the intro that they looked flat and sure enough they played down and got beat

moosbah
December 4th, 2012, 01:47 PM
I actually think the pressure is on Wofford a bit here. If they get behind, an option team isn't built for comebacks. IMO the pressure for the Terriers will be intense to get ahead early and keep pounding the rock. If they get behind by a couple TD's (wishful thinking), it's going to be tough for them to rally.

Looking forward to a great defensive game!

Vitojr130
December 4th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Sunday and yesterday= 80 pages

Today = 1

xlolx Must. Hit. 150. Pages.

I see 344 is setting up to camp outside the dome Friday night. This game will be huge and I can only assume the student line will be long. I don't know if I'll be joining in the overnight festivities, but me and my buddies will for sure be out there in line by about 8 am.

AmsterBison
December 4th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Seems like option teams score early against NDSU every time going way back even to the Carson-Newman game in 2004.

On the plus side, the Bison D seems to get better as the game goes on.
On the minus side, with Wofford's D, they don't need much of a lead.

BTW, Coach Ayers was on Fargo radio today. He sounded a bit tired but perked up a little towards the end. They might put that audio up later.

Professor Chaos
December 4th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Sunday and yesterday= 80 pages

Today = 1
Thank God! You could take about 75 of those pages and thrown them in the trash can but it would be a slight to the threads already there.

SpeedkingATL
December 4th, 2012, 03:55 PM
I think Wofford has a good chance in this game and is one of the tougher matchups for NDSU. That said it will take a error free and superior performance for the Ankle-biters to take down the Bison at their home dome.

NDSU - 28
Wofford - 21

Bisonoline
December 4th, 2012, 04:53 PM

Some yes. Alot? I dont think so. Every fan base has them. You have to remember that a very very very very small portion of a fan base post on fan message boards.

December 4th, 2012, 06:43 PM
What I find interesting to watch is that last year every game in the playoffs the sports writers were stating why there was no way NDSU was going to win the game. They have the best passer. They run the TO. They have the best run game. They have the most speed on offense Bison defense will not keep up. Last year the Bison was underdog every game so had little pressure as far as expectations.
This year as 2011 Champions of FCS the Bison are expected to win. As Champions they have a target on their back as they have all year. Everyone wants to pick off the Champions. How will the Bison handle that pressure?????
I think the Bison will handle it just fine. Bison 28 Wofford 10

xcoach2
December 4th, 2012, 06:50 PM
What I find interesting to watch is that last year every game in the playoffs the sports writers were stating why there was no way NDSU was going to win the game. They have the best passer. They run the TO. They have the best run game. They have the most speed on offense Bison defense will not keep up. Last year the Bison was underdog every game so had little pressure as far as expectations.
This year as 2011 Champions of FCS the Bison are expected to win. As Champions they have a target on their back as they have all year. Everyone wants to pick off the Champions. How will the Bison handle that pressure?????
I think the Bison will handle it just fine. Bison 28 Wofford 10

Relax man. Unless of course you're suiting up Saturday.

Grats' Bison. By far your finest day of poasting in a long time.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 4th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Relax man. Unless of course you're suiting up Saturday.

Grats' Bison. By far your finest day of poasting in a long time.

Strangely enough, yours too.

Southern Bison
December 4th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Since there seems to be a lull on our quest to AGS Legendary Thread status, here's a question I have for Bison & Terrier fans alike:

Based upon the analysis of your team, what is the one key weakness that you hope the other team can't exploit?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Since there seems to be a lull on our quest to AGS Legendary Thread status, here's a question I have for Bison & Terrier fans alike:

Based upon the analysis of your team, what is the one key weakness that you hope the other team can't exploit?

Hopefully Brock doesn't throw any INTs.

citdog
December 4th, 2012, 07:34 PM
lots of Bison and Terrier talk on the FCS Wedge this week. guest was Tom Henson of the Wofford Terrier Sports Network.

OrygunBison
December 4th, 2012, 07:38 PM
I like pork chops.

citdog
December 4th, 2012, 07:40 PM
I like pie.

BisonBabe
December 4th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Anyone know who is officiating at the game this weekend?

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Wofford D more impressive than N Dakota Estado Offense

GreatAppSt
December 4th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Why is this poll not public? What's to be scared of????

NDSU1980
December 4th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Anyone know who is officiating at the game this weekend?
Hopefully not Bill Fette

Bison56
December 4th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Wofford D more impressive than N Dakota O

Yep North Dakota's D wasnt very good this year. Heck the whole team wasnt very good.

stevdock
December 4th, 2012, 08:02 PM

Don't know if this was a 1 or 2 time thing on Saturday but I didn't think we defended the deep pass well at all. Thank goodness Wofford doesn't like to pass :)

Reign of Terrier
December 4th, 2012, 08:04 PM

I hope our option can play well. If our defense can force turnovers, we'll be in good shape. Wofford's defensive weakness is probably the halfback screen and NDSU runs that a lot from what I've seen them play.

stevdock
December 4th, 2012, 08:18 PM
I hope our option can play well. If our defense can force turnovers, we'll be in good shape. Wofford's defensive weakness is probably the halfback screen and NDSU runs that a lot from what I've seen them play.

Why do you think that the screen is a weakness?? Over pursuit or speed or ??

BisonFan02
December 4th, 2012, 08:19 PM

We haven't run the screen nearly as much this year as we had last year with McNorton. Not sure why other than maybe personel.

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Yep North Dakota's D wasnt very good this year. Heck the whole team wasnt very good.

I was talking about your offense, we all know about your D.......... I thought the Wofford DL looked pretty good against UNH, any hopes of Wofford winning this game will hinge on there outstanding D being able to halt the North Dakota State pedestrian Offense.......

Hammerhead
December 4th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Ditto. NDSU's defense only gave up 3 points while the offense gave up 14 points on 2 interception returns in our only loss this year.

BisonBabe
December 4th, 2012, 08:25 PM
I was talking about your offense, we all know about your D.......... I thought the Wofford DL looked pretty good against UNH, any hopes of Wofford winning this game will hinge on there outstanding D being able to halt the North Dakota State pedestrian Offense.......

I think what Bison56 was getting at is that North Dakota is UND out of Grand Forks. North Dakota State is NDSU out of Fargo.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 4th, 2012, 08:28 PM

Yes but you said the North Dakota O. That's like mixing Delaware with Delaware State.

Mike ayers
December 4th, 2012, 08:29 PM

Mike ayers
December 4th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Saw this happen at GSU a few years back

BisonBabe
December 4th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Patiently waiting for my profile to be activated on the Terrier Fans site .....

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Yes but you said the North Dakota O. That's like mixing Delaware with Delaware State.

oh, sorry.... that's not good.... the ref in the 2007 NCG actually called Delaware ...... Delaware State...... it's a big deal

frozennorth
December 4th, 2012, 08:46 PM
so... bohl to wisconsin, maybe?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2012, 08:46 PM

I'll admit our offense is not flashy but I wouldn't really consider it 'pedestrian'. Bohl likes to call it a 'power west-coast type offense'. It has been inconsistent this year but it also has been very good.

Reign of Terrier
December 4th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Why do you think that the screen is a weakness?? Over pursuit or speed or ??

It may be because our outstanding linebacker Mike Niam was out, but against USC, they killed us with the screen and intermediate pass in the middle of the field. Teams don't usually beat us deep, if ever, and as a general trend yac yards are hard to come by.

Mike Niam being back is a huggggeeeee deal. I would say we are really good at stopping the run, the downfield pass, and the defending the WR screen (our corners are 3-4 year starters who are aggressive), and if I were to say we had a weakness it would be passes towards the middle of the field between the linebackers and safeties and the HB screen. Other than that, we play really really well on defense. As I said, yac yards are usually hard to come by, and we are really good at getting pressure at the QB, and that's why the aforementioned weaknesses aren't as exploited as much as they could be. UNH tried to exploit them, with some success, but they were dominated at every other aspect of playcalling and we were able to keep them out of the redzone the whole day. Probably 10 or 15 plays for UNH resulted in a good chunk of their yards.

As I said, I think we match up well defensively against NDSU and Jensen needs a high efficiency or good day to beat us. We play really good against teams when they pass for less than 150 yards. Often, we shut down the run and they have to pass. NDSU likes to run the ball, that's obvious, and I think if we can shut that down or slow it down well enough our defense will have a good game

dungeonjoe
December 4th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Patiently waiting for my profile to be activated on the Terrier Fans site .....
You should be live now, BB

BisonBabe
December 4th, 2012, 09:11 PM
You should be live now, BB

Thanks Joe.

FargoBison
December 4th, 2012, 09:22 PM
I'll admit our offense is not flashy but I wouldn't really consider it 'pedestrian'. Bohl likes to call it a 'power west-coast type offense'. It has been inconsistent this year but it also has been very good.

Yeah our offense isn't exactly terrible...

Scoring: 34.9 #10 in the nation
Rushing YPG: 198.8 #25
Passing YPG: 182.4 #81
3rd Down%: 53 #2
4th Down%: 81 #1
Turnovers: 12 #9

Yeah we don't pass a whole lot I guess but we seem to do ok.

Bison56
December 4th, 2012, 09:27 PM
oh, sorry.... that's not good.... the ref in the 2007 NCG actually called Delaware ...... Delaware State...... it's a big deal

Now you got it! :D

stevdock
December 4th, 2012, 09:35 PM

I love good offensive football, and these stats would show we not only have a good offense but a great offense. If you've watched the games you know this isn't the case. These stats are skewed from some really bad matchups (just like everyone's are). We have a team that against a good team scores in the low to mid 20's, not 35. Now what we do have is an offense that will take advantage of mismatches when they are there but is more so a part of the bigger gameplan of not putting the defense on a short field and chewing up Time of Possession, which keeps our defense well rested. Do I believe this offense could put up more points if needed to?? Yes, but Coach Bohl believes that a 20-10 win is much easier to get than a 45-42 win.

woffordgrad94
December 4th, 2012, 09:52 PM
I love to eat chicken wings. They are my favorite food! I once won a wing-eating contest and got a trip to Florida for it from a radio station.

woffordgrad94
December 4th, 2012, 09:53 PM
I have a dog. His name is Casey. He's a Bichone Frishe.

woffordgrad94
December 4th, 2012, 09:54 PM
I have a cat too. His name is Midnight. He is solid black and has the most gentle, sweet disposition.

woffordgrad94
December 4th, 2012, 09:57 PM
I like to watch Family Feud. They once asked a man to give an animal with three letters in its name and he said "alligator". I think the man said he was an NDSU professor when Steve Harvey asked what he did.

Reign of Terrier
December 4th, 2012, 09:57 PM
stop.

woffordgrad94
December 4th, 2012, 09:58 PM
I want this thread to be 100 pages of pure bull.

Jacked_Rabbit
December 4th, 2012, 10:06 PM
I'm sure this has already been discussed, but I don't have time to scour this massive thread to find it... 5dimes has NDSU listed as a 16 point favorite.

I was hoping the line would be closer to 10, as I planned on emptying my 401(K) on it in favor of NDSU. At 16, I'm a little more hesitant.

Thanks for letting me vent my frustrations. As you were...

No_Skill
December 4th, 2012, 10:07 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_XkTrDHqmhXA/TDqs7gKi3ZI/AAAAAAAAGWw/URQMPhH8SeE/s1600/bull.jpg

woffordgrad94
December 4th, 2012, 10:37 PM
That animal look like he's about to drop a load there.

woffordgrad94
December 4th, 2012, 10:39 PM
Anyone who bets on football is taking too big a risk because anything can happen...Any Given Saturday!

woffordgrad94
December 4th, 2012, 10:43 PM
If Wofford loses by 30+, I am going to go drinking for the first time in over a year. I will just keep drinking and drinking, until I pass out cold, and then I'll drive home as soon as I come to.

woffordgrad94
December 4th, 2012, 10:44 PM
How many of you really think I'll do what I posted above?

Thundar
December 4th, 2012, 10:53 PM

Your on a roll

Thundar
December 4th, 2012, 10:55 PM

I hope you don't, cause I'm sure your a great guy in person, but you seem to not handle message board talk at all. If you come to Fargo let me know via pm and I'm sure we would get along

frozennorth
December 5th, 2012, 12:13 AM
i think some people here need to go spend a few weeks at 4chan so they know how to internet.

344Johnson
December 5th, 2012, 12:21 AM
i think some people here need to go spend a few weeks at 4chan so they know how to internet.

lol, 4chan is ultimate troll. love it

BisonBabe
December 5th, 2012, 12:37 AM
I love to eat chicken wings. They are my favorite food! I once won a wing-eating contest and got a trip to Florida for it from a radio station.

Damn that is an accomplishment ... did they put you up in a nice hotel? :)

I have a dog. His name is Casey. He's a Bichone Frishe.

I have a Irish Setter he thinks he is a lap dog :)

I have a cat too. His name is Midnight. He is solid black and has the most gentle, sweet disposition.

I have 2 cats on is a Tortishell and is a runt the other is a classic orange tabby (swirls not stripes) and is roughly 17 pounds ... he likes to play fetch so I guess you could say we have 2 dogs :)

Well I guess you are on a roll then huh ... must be a slow night at work :)

Anyone who bets on football is taking too big a risk because anything can happen...Any Given Saturday!

I very much agree with this statement.

If Wofford loses by 30+, I am going to go drinking for the first time in over a year. I will just keep drinking and drinking, until I pass out cold, and then I'll drive home as soon as I come to.

If you have not drank in a year I doubt it would take much ... you will have lost your tolerance by some amount.

I think it is highly unlikely

Okay I think I addressed most of your comments .... hope you had a good night ... can't sleep where is everyone

BisonFan02
December 5th, 2012, 12:39 AM
Damn that is an accomplishment ... did they put you up in a nice hotel? :)

I have a Irish Setter he thinks he is a lap dog :)

I have 2 cats on is a Tortishell and is a runt the other is a classic orange tabby (swirls not stripes) and is roughly 17 pounds ... he likes to play fetch so I guess you could say we have 2 dogs :)

Well I guess you are on a roll then huh ... must be a slow night at work :)

I very much agree with this statement.

If you have not drank in a year I doubt it would take much ... you will have lost your tolerance by some amount.

I think it is highly unlikely

Okay I think I addressed most of your comments .... hope you had a good night ... can't sleep where is everyone

BB, you are doing it wrong. Each quote should have been its own reply. :D

robsnotes4u
December 5th, 2012, 12:52 AM
Off subject but maybe this can put into perspective this is just a game.

Please take a second and pray, as we lost two North Dakota National Guard Soldiers in Afghanistan. My nephew is a part of this group, and one of his best friends, Ian Placek, was injured in the incident. He will be flown stateside to recover from burns and a broken leg. It really hits you when it is this close to home.

http://bismarcktribune.com/news/local/blast-kills-two-from-north-dakota-guard/article_e5fd51aa-3e94-11e2-a070-001a4bcf887a.html

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

woffordgrad94
December 5th, 2012, 01:22 AM

Please take a second and pray, as we lost two North Dakota National Guard Soldiers in Afghanistan. My nephew is a part of this group, and one of his best friends, Ian Placek, was injured in the incident. He will be flown stateside to recover from burns and a broken leg. It really hits you when it is this close to home.

http://bismarcktribune.com/news/local/blast-kills-two-from-north-dakota-guard/article_e5fd51aa-3e94-11e2-a070-001a4bcf887a.html

Thanks.

I am sorry this happened. It does help put things in perspective.

darell1976
December 5th, 2012, 02:10 AM

Thanks.

Thoughts and prayers for the families of the fallen soldiers. I pray no other soldiers are hurt from not until our men and women are out of that place. I salute those that serve. Lets remember them while the games are being played as that is more important than any sport. God bless the USA!!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 5th, 2012, 06:24 AM
Looking forward to a very loud, entertaining game on saturday.

Bring on Wofford. Let's see how our defense defends this triple-option.

GO BISON

BisonBacker
December 5th, 2012, 06:31 AM

Thanks.

Yes between that and the police officer killed last week in Minnesota these things we take so serious all of a sudden seem rather trivial. My prayers go out to all the families involved.

Gil Dobie
December 5th, 2012, 07:06 AM
Yes between that and the police officer killed last week in Minnesota these things we take so serious all of a sudden seem rather trivial. My prayers go out to all the families involved.

Kudos to the police officers and security at my company for the way they handled the person in my group that brought a gun to work on his last day. They evacuated the area without incident. A contractor said he forgot to leave his gun in the car on his last day. He told a co-worker. He was 2 aisles over in a room of about 50 employee's/contractors, and told a co-worker he forgot to leave his gun in the car. There are about 7500 people in the building, that day 8 were police officers. When approached, he apologized. We had a 45 minute break and a couple HR meetings afterward. Have no idea on his intentions if he even had any. The just-in-case was covered though.

ITmonarch10
December 5th, 2012, 07:19 AM

NDSU offense is pretty decent ;however, you have to put it in its own frame of reference. You defense is so good that it allows your offense is #1 in Time of possession. 35 minutes & 30 seconds per game which is pretty insane ,but a lot of other offenses (running or passing) could do more in that span of time.

An Offense doesn't have to do much with numbers like this.

scoring defense (11 points per game)
total defense (195 yards per game)
rush defense (67 yards per game)
pass defense (128 yards per game)
defensive third down efficiency (25.95 percent).

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 5th, 2012, 07:23 AM
NDSU offense is pretty decent ;however, you have to put it in its own frame of reference. You defense is so good that it allows your offense is #1 in Time of possession. 35 minutes & 30 seconds per game which is pretty insane ,but a lot of other offenses (running or passing) could do more in that span of time.

An Offense doesn't have to do much with numbers like this.

scoring defense (11 points per game)
total defense (195 yards per game)
rush defense (67 yards per game)
pass defense (128 yards per game)
defensive third down efficiency (25.95 percent).

That is all fine and dandy but the offense still needs to move the chains and sustain drives.....which the Bison offense does.

The defense is very good but the offense is not 'pedestrian' as mentioned earlier by someone.

Hammerhead
December 5th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Sagarin predicts the Bison win by 19.

I'm sure this has already been discussed, but I don't have time to scour this massive thread to find it... 5dimes has NDSU listed as a 16 point favorite.

I was hoping the line would be closer to 10, as I planned on emptying my 401(K) on it in favor of NDSU. At 16, I'm a little more hesitant.

millwoga1
December 5th, 2012, 07:35 AM

Will be interesting to see if line moves. ODU/Ga. Southern line has already moved a point and a half towards ODU.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 5th, 2012, 08:08 AM
Will be interesting to see if line moves. ODU/Ga. Southern line has already moved a point and a half towards ODU.

16 pts will probably get a ton of action on Wofford to cover so it might move a little towards their way. I think 10 1/2 or 12 1/2 would be the most though.

Vitojr130
December 5th, 2012, 09:48 AM

lol, 4chan is ultimate troll. love it

inb4 actually going to 4chan...

Don't.

xlolx Oh and rule 1 xthumbsupx

Jacked_Rabbit
December 5th, 2012, 09:51 AM
STill holding steady at -16 this fine morning... I should also mention the total is at 39.5. Doing the math, the oddsmarkers are basically predicting NDSU wins 28-12.

Given I predicted the final score to be 27-13 earlier in the thread, I will be forced to stay away unless we get a ton of late public action on Wofford, driving the line down.

deez_na
December 5th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Saturday can't seem to come soon enough. I love FCS playoff football, sure will be nice when the FBS does it. I think the way NDSU controls the clock and scores on long drives & typically not a ton of points, i dont see them covering 16 at all. I would bet on Wofford to cover imo. NDSU wins 24-13

Gil Dobie
December 5th, 2012, 10:38 AM
KFAN in the Twin Cities just had Ben Lieber on. He will be calling the game on ESPN 3. Said he has watched both teams, has never been to Fargo. Impressed with EB on Wofford, Bison Defense and Crocket. Paul Allen the host, is always pimping the Bison, says Bison by 17. Lieber was more cautious, stating Wofford is a good team making it this far, and thinks the game will be closer, either team could win. They mentioned some of the other Twin Cities kids on NDSU, Williams and Vraa. Probably the most an ESPN coverage guy has talked FCS prior to a game. Discussion went to Craig Dahl, former Bison and former teammate of Liebers, and a Vikings vs Rams plug for Sunday.

aces1180
December 5th, 2012, 10:44 AM
KFAN in the Twin Cities just had Ben Lieber on. He will be calling the game on ESPN 3. Said he has watched both teams, has never been to Fargo. Impressed with EB on Wofford, Bison Defense and Crocket. Paul Allen the host, is always pimping the Bison, says Bison by 17. Lieber was more cautious, stating Wofford is a good team making it this far, and thinks the game will be closer, either team could win. They mentioned some of the other Twin Cities kids on NDSU, Williams and Vraa. Probably the most an ESPN coverage guy has talked FCS prior to a game. Discussion went to Craig Dahl, former Bison and former teammate of Liebers, and a Vikings vs Rams plug for Sunday.

Sam (aka lakesbison and FireDennyGuy) also called in and did a great job talking about the Bison. He may have overestimated some numbers in regards to tailgaters and fans at watch parties, but I give his call an A-.

Twentysix
December 5th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Sam (aka lakesbison and FireDennyGuy) also called in and did a great job talking about the Bison. He may have overestimated some numbers in regards to tailgaters and fans at watch parties, but I give his call an A-.

Couldn't have been worse than the bison ambassador in the Union yesterday telling HS kids NDSU has 20,400 students.

aces1180
December 5th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Couldn't have been worse than the bison ambassador in the Union yesterday telling HS kids NDSU has 20,400 students.

He/she must have been including Concordia and MSUM in that number...

Twentysix
December 5th, 2012, 11:10 AM

He would be about 5000 short by that number lol. CC and MSUM are around 10k toghether. He just pulled the number out of his ***, lol.

It just seemed like a weird thing to lie about.. I mean those numbers are easily accessible and are even published in the area newspapers every semester... I hope a parent called him on his bull**** tbh.

They used to tell every HS student that Bison Krunch provided free Ice Cream whenever you wanted it. lol.

Vitojr130
December 5th, 2012, 11:12 AM

Or online/part time students. Include those and we can't be too far off of 20,000.... If I remember right, the only students counted for the enrollment figures published in the Forum earlier this year (15,000?) only included full-time (12 credits+), on campus students.

Twentysix
December 5th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Or online/part time students. Include those and we can't be too far off of 20,000.... If I remember right, the only students counted for the enrollment figures published in the Forum earlier this year (15,000?) only included full-time (12 credits+), on campus students.

That is not the case.

There are a couple thousand graduate students alone, which only take 6 credits/sem.

The enrollment is just under 14,500.

Fulltime enrollment is 11,733

The guy just made it up.

Gil Dobie
December 5th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Well Lakes said there will be 20,000 tailgating this Saturday too. :)

Professor Chaos
December 5th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Lakes and PA are two peas in a pod.

Twentysix
December 5th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Lakes and PA are two peas in a pod.

mmmm peas.

Drblankstare
December 5th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Was Lakes booted from AGS again? I haven't seen him wallowing in this mess of a thread, so he must have been. Anyway, if the worst he did on the radio was mess up the number kids at NDSU, I say that's a win.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 5th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Was Lakes booted from AGS again? I haven't seen him wallowing in this mess of a thread, so he must have been. Anyway, if the worst he did on the radio was mess up the number kids at NDSU, I say that's a win.

When asked where the place to be for tailgating he said, and I quote "Two words, Frisco Cruiser Bus". It sounded like Ben was going to correct him but got lost in crosstalk.

I also found it weird that Leber would not quite know how to pronounce Bison since he's from Vermillion.

hlebichuk
December 5th, 2012, 01:11 PM
That is not the case.

There are a couple thousand graduate students alone, which only take 6 credits/sem.

The enrollment is just under 14,500.

Fulltime enrollment is 11,733

The guy just made it up.

I think Wiki has NDSU at 18,800.

NDSUBowler
December 5th, 2012, 01:15 PM
When asked where the place to be for tailgating he said, and I quote "Two words, Frisco Cruiser Bus". It sounded like Ben was going to correct him but got lost in crosstalk.

I'd guess that was intentional from a humor standpoint.

I know I laughed hearing it.

SpeedkingATL
December 5th, 2012, 01:28 PM
One of my friends stated that with Ayers coaching Wofford that this game would be a chess match. I told him with NDSU playing that Ayers better be expecting a slobberknocker. Good luck Ankle-biters!!

deez_na
December 5th, 2012, 02:28 PM

They list 14,399

Twentysix
December 5th, 2012, 04:07 PM

http://www.ndsu.edu/fileadmin/registrar/reports/enrollment/1310.pdf

Ultimately Wiki is not the end all be all. The registrar report is however.

14443 is the enrollment this semester. 14399 was last semester.

hlebichuk
December 5th, 2012, 04:36 PM
One of my friends stated that with Ayers coaching Wofford that this game would be a chess match. I told him with NDSU playing that Ayers better be expecting a slobberknocker. Good luck Ankle-biters!!

Chess rules in ND are different than anywhere else. For starters they never let any pieces behind the pawns, and the pawns are 6'-5" and 280lbs. Wofford better bring a couple extra kings.

Bisonoline
December 5th, 2012, 04:40 PM

Said we only have 8,000 season ticket holders. We have 12,200. May be he added 4,200 to the enrollment figures?

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2012, 04:52 PM
so how many of you Bizon fans actually dwell in Minnesota?

bullitt_60
December 5th, 2012, 04:54 PM
More importantly than the game, who is winning this thread?

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2012, 04:57 PM
1410 4th street north looks like a nice street

NoDak 4 Ever
December 5th, 2012, 05:16 PM
1410 4th street north looks like a nice street

That's near the nicest waste of an hour you'll ever have. El Zagal Par 3 golf course.

AmsterBison
December 5th, 2012, 05:51 PM
so how many of you Bizon fans actually dwell in Minnesota?

A lot. 35.7% of alumni live in North Dakota, 30% live in Minnesota. After that, the most popular states for NDSU alumni are CA, CO, SD, WI, AZ, and WA (in that order).

Of course, you don't have to be an alumnus to be a fan but you can kind of get a feeling from those numbers how deep NDSU's connections to MN are.

Three least popular states for NDSU alumni: RI, DE, and WV.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 5th, 2012, 05:56 PM
A lot. 35.7% of alumni live in North Dakota, 30% live in Minnesota. After that, the most popular states for NDSU alumni are CA, CO, SD, WI, AZ, and WA (in that order).

Of course, you don't have to be an alumnus to be a fan but you can kind of get a feeling from those numbers how deep NDSU's connections to MN are.

I've never met anyone else in Ohio. Well, my wife is an alum so I guess that counts.

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2012, 06:14 PM

nice summary

dungeonjoe
December 5th, 2012, 06:52 PM
I wonder if there are any Wofford alumni in ND? We could fit all of our student body and every living alumni into the Fargo Dome and have seats to spare.

BisonBabe
December 5th, 2012, 07:06 PM
I am not an alumni of NDSU but have been a convert to Bison football since the mid 90's but constantly since moving up to FCS.

68ndsuBISONfan
December 5th, 2012, 07:53 PM
[QUOTE=robsnotes4u;1906931]Good words there, and it is an easy drive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD[/QUOT

Yup. Save 150 on the flight. Then rent a car and pay 320 per gallon on gas. You should come out ahead roughly 20 bucks. If it was me, I would fly directly into Fargo and save the 4 hour drive and rush hour in Minneapolis/StPaul. In the long run, its pretty much a wash.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 5th, 2012, 08:51 PM
I am not an alumni of NDSU but have been a convert to Bison football since the mid 90's but constantly since moving up to FCS.

A much more cost effective way of arriving at your fandom xthumbsupx

citdog
December 5th, 2012, 08:58 PM
THIS SYMBOL WILL REIGN SUPREME ON YOUR SOIL THIS SATURDAY!

http://unimaps.com/flags-us-state/sc-flag.gif

NoDak 4 Ever
December 5th, 2012, 09:03 PM

http://unimaps.com/flags-us-state/sc-flag.gif

Is that some kind of Middle Eastern Islamic Republic flag? A crescent and a palm tree?

Southern Bison
December 5th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Wrong color blue...can't even tell your own state flag?

Southern Bison
December 5th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Courtesy of Brittanica: U.S. state flag consisting of a dark blue field (background) with a white Sabal palmetto in the center and a white crescent in the upper hoist corner.

citdog
December 5th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Wrong color blue...can't even tell your own state flag?

until 1860 the State Flag was no set color. My SC Flag looks like this.

http://www.citadelnet.org/images/Big_Red.jpg

as for why the Palmetto is pictured.

The South Carolina state flag was designed by Revolutionary War Colonel William Moultrie and was first used as a flag for South Carolina's Revolutionary War soldiers. Moultrie chose the blue background to represent the color of his soldiers' uniforms and the crescent for the silver crescent on the front of their caps. In 1861, nearly 100 years after the flag's Moultrie-inspired design, the South Carolina State flag was adopted, with a palmetto tree in the center, which represents Moultrie's battle against the British on June 28, 1776, in which Moultrie and his troops defended a palmetto-log fort on Sullivans Island.

Battle of Fort Sullivan with Sgt. Jasper pictured performing his brave deed.

http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large/1-fort-sullivan-battle-1776-granger.jpg

AmsterBison
December 5th, 2012, 09:11 PM

Heh, you might like the North Dakota state motto: "Union and Liberty, Now and Forever, One and Inseparable."

Oh, wait, I was thinking of North Dakota State's motto. "Where you from? Really? Well, have a beer on me!"

citdog
December 5th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Is that some kind of Middle Eastern Islamic Republic flag? A crescent and a palm tree?

it's the Flag of the Sovereign and Independent State of South Carolina.

also a republic.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 5th, 2012, 09:14 PM

also a republic.

Huh. Could just as easily be some -stan with that design.

Carolinastan?

Bisonoline
December 5th, 2012, 09:15 PM

also a republic.

Independent?????xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
December 5th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Heh, you might like the North Dakota state motto: "Union and Liberty, Now and Forever, One and Inseparable."

Oh, wait, I was thinking of North Dakota State's motto. "Where you from? Really? Well, have a beer on me!"

Better than South Carolina's motto. "Who Farted?"

Southern Bison
December 5th, 2012, 09:17 PM
The flag was originally adopted by South Carolina during the War of Northern Aggression. It has remained as the state flag since then.

Reign of Terrier
December 5th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Actually the crescent derives from those protesting the stamp act did so behind a blue flag with 3 white crescents.

citdog
December 5th, 2012, 09:21 PM

http://www.bestautoinsurance.com/images/state_specific/state_seal/Seal_of_South_Carolina.jpg

Dum Spiro Spero While I breathe I hope.

NDSU1980
December 5th, 2012, 09:23 PM

Well there isn't much you can do about the poll. No bull there.

AmsterBison
December 5th, 2012, 09:24 PM

Actually,

Dum spiro spero
Animis opibusque parati

I like the first one better. Just being educational.

December 5th, 2012, 09:24 PM

Well that is about the number of seats in the Fargo Dome but not the number of students. The 14,000 figure is closer.

Hammerhead
December 5th, 2012, 09:32 PM
At least South Carolina never considered changing it's name to Carolina so it wouldn't sound so hot in the summer like some suggested that North Dakota be renamed to just "Dakota" so it wouldn't sound so cold.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 5th, 2012, 09:35 PM
At least South Carolina never considered changing it's name to Carolina so it wouldn't sound so hot in the summer like some suggested that North Dakota be renamed to just "Dakota" so it wouldn't sound so cold.

one legislator, Tim Mathern, introduced that and it was soundly rejected.

Terryer
December 5th, 2012, 09:40 PM
Looking forward to attending this weekend's game. First visit to the fine state of North Dakota. I have followed your team most of this year and we certainly have our work cut out for us against your stout D. The Fargo Dome seems like a pretty intimidating place.

What is the tailgating situation like at your games?

citdog
December 5th, 2012, 09:44 PM

there were once a lot more of us.

bottom is the original grant for the Colony of Carolina

http://lynngarthwaiteblog.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/to-the-pacific.jpg

Bisonoline
December 5th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Looking forward to attending this weekend's game. First visit to the fine state of North Dakota. I have followed your team most of this year and we certainly have our work cut out for us against your stout D. The Fargo Dome seems like a pretty intimidating place.

What is the tailgating situation like at your games?

You will love it. Walk through the west side lots. You will be offered more food and drink than you will be able to consume. If you are in town Friday night come to the BWW North. Which is across the street from the Fargo Dome. You are invited to a get together to watch the MSU vs SHSU game. Wings are on us.

Bisonoline
December 5th, 2012, 09:46 PM

The operative word is WERE.xlolx

citdog
December 5th, 2012, 09:46 PM
You will love it. Walk through the west side lots. You will be offered more food and drink than you will be able to consume. If you are in town Friday night come to the BWW North. Which is across the street from the Fargo Dome. You are invited to a get together to watch the MSU vs SHSU game. Wings are on us.

just don't wear your Confederate Uniform.

Bisonoline
December 5th, 2012, 09:48 PM
just don't wear your Confederate Uniform.

Sure you can. We will just put you to work cleaning the parking lot.xlolx

citdog
December 5th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Sure you can. We will just put you to work cleaning the parking lot.xlolx

we'll just hire some workers for life to do it for us.

Bisonoline
December 5th, 2012, 09:53 PM

You already tried that. You southerners dont learn very well do you.

citdog
December 5th, 2012, 09:59 PM

http://grooveshark.com/#!/search/song?q=White+Mansions+Southern+Boys

NoDak 4 Ever
December 5th, 2012, 10:00 PM

have you contributed one ****ing iota of actual football conversation to this thread? You want people to actually listen to your radio show but you constantly act like the worlds biggest asshole every time I turn around.

Why don't you actually add to the thread instead of ****ting all over it?

citdog
December 5th, 2012, 10:03 PM
have you contributed one ****ing iota of actual football conversation to this thread? You want people to actually listen to your radio show but you constantly act like the worlds biggest asshole every time I turn around.

I put my opinion out there and THOUSANDS of people listen each week. When I want your advice on how I should post.......I'll ask your wife.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 5th, 2012, 10:06 PM
I put my opinion out there and THOUSANDS of people listen each week. When I want your advice on how I should post.......I'll ask your wife.

You should be commended. You wield that cozy mod relationship free troll pass like a champ.

94Terrier
December 5th, 2012, 10:08 PM

Add to the thread? Have you not read the prior 93.5 pages? There are a total of about 4 broken pages of "value" , and the rest is just back and forth jibberish. Quite entertaining, the back and forth banter is, but very few people have actually "added to the thread.

citdog
December 5th, 2012, 10:08 PM
You should be commended. You wield that cozy mod relationship free troll pass like a champ.

Do you feel the need to be protected by a moderator in the same way as your wife's skirt?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 5th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Do you feel the need to be protected by a moderator in the same way as your wife's skirt?

Nope, I just know that if darell or lakes or mpls did 1/10th of the **** you do, they'd be gone.

frozennorth
December 5th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Add to the thread? Have you not read the prior 93.5 pages? There are a total of about 4 broken pages of "value" , and the rest is just back and forth jibberish. Quite entertaining, the back and forth banter is, but very few people have actually "added to the thread.

at least it was on topic garbage.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 5th, 2012, 10:15 PM
at least it was on topic garbage.

Not even on topic, per se, but back and forth between the two schools which happens in every one of these game threads. Both friendly and less friendly.

Exactly what these threads are for.

citdog
December 5th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Nope, I just know that if darell or lakes or mpls did 1/10th of the **** you do, they'd be gone.

there is a difference

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFZG8KQJni8

Bisonoline
December 5th, 2012, 10:16 PM

Just think---when So Carolina approves same sex marriage you just might have a wife of your own.

xcoach2
December 5th, 2012, 10:17 PM

NoDak 4 Ever
December 5th, 2012, 10:19 PM

Thank God for ESPN because we'll get rid of you one day earlier!

citdog
December 5th, 2012, 10:24 PM
Just think---when So Carolina approves same sex marriage you just might have a wife of your own.

South Carolina will NEVER approve of that sin. I remain single because it wouldn't be fair to the ladies of this State if I picked just one. You see I'm a full of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcJac6OykfM

Terryer
December 5th, 2012, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. Looking forward to some good playoff football and northern hospitality....

Twentysix
December 5th, 2012, 10:29 PM
South Carolina will NEVER approve of that sin. I remain single because it wouldn't be fair to the ladies of this State if I picked just one. You see I'm a full of.

You should see a doctor, up north 'burning love' is refered to as chlamydia. Someday you hillbilly folk will get medicine.

Twentysix
December 5th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. Looking forward to some good playoff football and northern hospitality....

Enjoy your stay, be the complete opposite of Citdog and you will be treated really well.

Bisonoline
December 5th, 2012, 10:31 PM

The CDC would like you you to call them about that burning you have. They have medication for that.

Texas
December 5th, 2012, 10:36 PM
What is it the war of crappy states that are rejects of the other similarly named?

Terryer
December 5th, 2012, 10:37 PM
Enjoy your stay, be the complete opposite of Citdog and you will be treated really well.

Thanks. I'll try to behave and leave the Confederate gear at homexnodx

Bisonoline
December 5th, 2012, 10:38 PM

I will give you directions to our tailgate if you like. Or show up at BWW and I can tell you then.

citdog
December 5th, 2012, 10:39 PM
What is it the war of crappy states that are rejects of the other similarly named?

South Carolina is older than our neighbor to the north.

Walkon79
December 5th, 2012, 10:42 PM

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas
December 5th, 2012, 10:46 PM
South Carolina is older than our neighbor to the north.

Well at least you didn't deny the crappy part.

citdog
December 5th, 2012, 10:48 PM
The CDC would like you you to call them about that burning you have. They have medication for that.

quit being so suspicious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVrf9PZpRao

citdog
December 5th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Well at least you didn't deny the crappy part.

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000qVsnHhH_F6M/s/750/750/Charleston-Battery-row-mansions.jpg

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000O8OFw.jN.Wc/s/750/750/stock-photo-Charleston-Battery-Charleston-SC.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0f/Daughters_of_the_Confederacy_monument_in_Charlesto n,_SC_IMG_4565.JPG

SUPER CRAPPY indeed

Texas
December 5th, 2012, 11:07 PM
http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000qVsnHhH_F6M/s/750/750/Charleston-Battery-row-mansions.jpg

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000O8OFw.jN.Wc/s/750/750/stock-photo-Charleston-Battery-Charleston-SC.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0f/Daughters_of_the_Confederacy_monument_in_Charlesto n,_SC_IMG_4565.JPG

SUPER CRAPPY indeed
Sometimes my turds have corn in them too.

Terryer
December 5th, 2012, 11:14 PM
I will give you directions to our tailgate if you like. Or show up at BWW and I can tell you then.

I think we are planning to stop by BWW when we get into Fargo that night....

Grizo406
December 5th, 2012, 11:16 PM

xlolxxlolxxlolx

citdog
December 5th, 2012, 11:27 PM
You should see a doctor, up north 'burning love' is refered to as chlamydia. Someday you hillbilly folk will get medicine.

not with that blockade out on the water and medicine listed as 'contraband of war' by the government of the united states.

http://cdn.dipity.com/uploads/events/55d5de373c05741b3b6387bdcd2c60f5_1M.png

Bisonoline
December 5th, 2012, 11:53 PM
not with that blockade out on the water and medicine listed as 'contraband of war' by the government of the united states.

http://cdn.dipity.com/uploads/events/55d5de373c05741b3b6387bdcd2c60f5_1M.png

Wow you must be old. But that does explain why your Tertiary syphilis has gone untreated.

Bisonoline
December 5th, 2012, 11:54 PM

Party starts at 6:30. MSU game starts at 7.

citdog
December 5th, 2012, 11:55 PM
Wow you must be old. But that does explain why your Tertiary syphilis has gone untreated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI7CIONQJMA

Bisonoline
December 6th, 2012, 12:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI7CIONQJMA

Any other diseases that you contracted?

citdog
December 6th, 2012, 12:07 AM
Any other diseases that you contracted?

Got wounded in 4 places and I starved at point lookout. I caught the rheumatisim camping in the snow.

Bisonoline
December 6th, 2012, 12:20 AM
Got wounded in 4 places and I starved at point lookout. I caught the rheumatisim camping in the snow.

Thats the Tertiary syphilis talking.xlolx I now understand why you are so delusional.xnodx

344Johnson
December 6th, 2012, 12:39 AM

Child please....

BisonBabe
December 6th, 2012, 06:10 AM

Party starts at 6:30. MSU game starts at 7.

See you both there Swag & I should get there by 6:30 perhaps a bit earlier.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 6th, 2012, 06:20 AM
Thats the Tertiary syphilis talking.xlolx I now understand why you are so delusional.xnodx

Why even answer this clown, he has contributed nothing to this thread.

dungeonjoe
December 6th, 2012, 06:27 AM
We tried it one way, you tried the labor union. J/k

December 6th, 2012, 06:32 AM

And how did holding onto all that land from the grant work out for you????

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 6th, 2012, 06:39 AM
Just listened to an EB interview done this week. Well spoken kid. Gives credit to teammates. Says his hamstring is 'tweeked' and he can feel it. Those hammies are tough to get healthy.

IMO, the key for Wofford is going to be the other players in the backfield....the QB and RB, maybe even a WR. If NDSU shuts down the inside running game the outside has to be there for any success. WRs getting and sustaining good blocks and QB/RB getting to the edge.

Thundar
December 6th, 2012, 07:07 AM
This isn't even worth reading anymore, I for one could care less about the history of South Carolina and who in the world is still talking about the civil war good god for dumb

BisonBabe
December 6th, 2012, 07:13 AM
This isn't even worth reading anymore, I for one could care less about the history of South Carolina and who in the world is still talking about the civil war good god for dumb

All I care about now is what happens on the field come Saturday. In my best Coach Bohl impression "It's gonna be a Whale of a Game" :)

NoDak 4 Ever
December 6th, 2012, 07:31 AM
Just listened to an EB interview done this week. Well spoken kid. Gives credit to teammates. Says his hamstring is 'tweeked' and he can feel it. Those hammies are tough to get healthy.

IMO, the key for Wofford is going to be the other players in the backfield....the QB and RB, maybe even a WR. If NDSU shuts down the inside running game the outside has to be there for any success. WRs getting and sustaining good blocks and QB/RB getting to the edge.

Like Ryan Drevlow and Brian Schaetz. I think that was the biggest key to beating the option in the first place. Don't let it happen.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 6th, 2012, 07:35 AM

Good old ****dog. Just like the Citadel, light on football and heavy on weird *** confederate stuff.

terrierterror84
December 6th, 2012, 08:37 AM

i like the 2nd one

NoDak 4 Ever
December 6th, 2012, 08:47 AM
i like the 2nd one

because that is exactly what you will experience when you get to Fargo.

gotts
December 6th, 2012, 08:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_j5tDuakKU

terrierterror84
December 6th, 2012, 09:08 AM
because that is exactly what you will experience when you get to Fargo.

fasting this week just for that very thing!

terrierterror84
December 6th, 2012, 09:11 AM

do we need to bring some wood and a barrel....it's not exactly gonna be blistering during pregame festivities.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 6th, 2012, 09:32 AM
do we need to bring some wood and a barrel....it's not exactly gonna be blistering during pregame festivities.

High of 30, that sounds like great weather to me!

darell1976
December 6th, 2012, 09:50 AM
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?site=fgf&zmx=1&zmy=1&map.x=195&map.y=184

Saturday A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 27. South southeast wind 7 to 9 mph becoming east in the afternoon.

Not a major snow maker around 2 inches by Saturday night.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?w0=t&w1=td&w2=wc&w3=sfcwind&w3u=1&w4=sky&w5=pop&w6=rh&w7=thunder&w8=rain&w9=snow&w10=fzg&w11=sleet&w14u=1&pqpfhr=6&psnwhr=6&AheadHour=38&Submit=Submit&FcstType=graphical&textField1=46.91161&textField2=-96.83390&site=all&unit=0&dd=0&bw=0

BisonBacker
December 6th, 2012, 09:53 AM
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?site=fgf&zmx=1&zmy=1&map.x=195&map.y=184

Not a major snow maker around 2 inches by Saturday night.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?w0=t&w1=td&w2=wc&w3=sfcwind&w3u=1&w4=sky&w5=pop&w6=rh&w7=thunder&w8=rain&w9=snow&w10=fzg&w11=sleet&w14u=1&pqpfhr=6&psnwhr=6&AheadHour=38&Submit=Submit&FcstType=graphical&textField1=46.91161&textField2=-96.83390&site=all&unit=0&dd=0&bw=0

Ha that same 2 inches of snow would shut down those southern states xlolx Fact is they don't know how to drive on snowy icy roads.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 6th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Ha that same 2 inches of snow would shut down those southern states xlolx Fact is they don't know how to drive on snowy icy roads.

Where I live they call them "snow emergencies" don't let the descriptions fool you, they declare them every time it snows.

Level One Snow Emergency: Roadways are hazardous and motorists should drive with extreme caution. During a Level One Snow Emergency, motorists may not park along side streets or along roadways with signage prohibiting parking during a Snow Emergency. Vehicles may be fined or towed if they are not removed from designated Snow Emergency routes. A sustained snowfall of about 4-8 inches will likely cause a Level One Snow Emergency to be declared in some counties.

Level Two Snow Emergency: Driving is discouraged and residents should call ahead before heading to work. Only necessary travel is recommended during a Level Two Snow Emergency. Schools and some businesses do not operate during a Level Two Snow Emergency. A sustained snowfall of about 6-10 inches will likely cause a Level Two Snow Emergency to be declared in some counties.

Level Three Snow Emergency: All public roadways are closed to the general public. Only police, medical, and emergency vehicles should be on the roads. Motorists can be fined or arrested if found driving on public roadways in a non-emergency situation. If a Level Three Snow Emergency is declared when students are at school or when a public building is open, attempts are usually made by officials to provide food and potable water those affected. A sustained snowfall of about 12-14 inches will likely cause a Level Three Snow Emergency to be declared in some counties.

darell1976
December 6th, 2012, 10:02 AM

Sad thing is there are people here who don't know how to drive in two inches of snow. Seems like some people's brain suddenly blocks out the winter driving from March to October.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 6th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Sad thing is there are people here who don't know how to drive in two inches of snow. Seems like some people's brain suddenly blocks out the winter driving from March to October.

I remember a Thanksgiving evening many years ago when I worked at the Domino's on 19th Ave N. It snowed like crazy that day and I literally had to work myself out of being stuck in the middle of a street before the plows came through not too far off of 10th Street and about 22nd/23rd ave N. Must have been 5-6 inches of fresh snow drifted up.

terrierterror84
December 6th, 2012, 10:13 AM

noooooooo....we simply don't want to drive in snow so we can stay at home and drink beer.

terrierterror84
December 6th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Where I live they call them "snow emergencies" don't let the descriptions fool you, they declare them every time it snows.

Level One Snow Emergency: Roadways are hazardous and motorists should drive with extreme caution. During a Level One Snow Emergency, motorists may not park along side streets or along roadways with signage prohibiting parking during a Snow Emergency. Vehicles may be fined or towed if they are not removed from designated Snow Emergency routes. A sustained snowfall of about 4-8 inches will likely cause a Level One Snow Emergency to be declared in some counties.

Level Two Snow Emergency: Driving is discouraged and residents should call ahead before heading to work. Only necessary travel is recommended during a Level Two Snow Emergency. Schools and some businesses do not operate during a Level Two Snow Emergency. A sustained snowfall of about 6-10 inches will likely cause a Level Two Snow Emergency to be declared in some counties.

Level Three Snow Emergency: All public roadways are closed to the general public. Only police, medical, and emergency vehicles should be on the roads. Motorists can be fined or arrested if found driving on public roadways in a non-emergency situation. If a Level Three Snow Emergency is declared when students are at school or when a public building is open, attempts are usually made by officials to provide food and potable water those affected. A sustained snowfall of about 12-14 inches will likely cause a Level Three Snow Emergency to be declared in some counties.

schools and businesses have been closed down here with a high "chance" of snow......we call it level 5 stay your butt at home and drink beer emergency!

bisonboone11
December 6th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Sorry to get off topic, but I was wondering about the status of EB's hamstring. Did he tweek it during the UNH game, or has it been an ongoing problem?

xcoach2
December 6th, 2012, 10:29 AM
when I worked at the Domino's on 19th Ave N.

It all makes sense now....

millwoga1
December 6th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Sorry to get off topic, but I was wondering about the status of EB's hamstring. Did he tweek it during the UNH game, or has it been an ongoing problem?

Tweeked it in UNH game, half way through 3rd quarter with 250 yds. Didn't play the rest of the game. Spartanburg's local paper reporter who covers the Terriers has tweeted that he will be 100 % for the game on saturday.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 6th, 2012, 10:37 AM
It all makes sense now....

What makes sense? That I delivered pizzas when I was in college 17 years ago?

Only 36 hours of your weak **** left, chump.

xcoach2
December 6th, 2012, 10:39 AM
What makes sense? That I delivered pizzas when I was in college 17 years ago?

Only 36 hours of your weak **** left, chump.

Oh, you talkin' tough now? Past a pic of yourself in front of that fort you live in Pizza Boy. Do it.