PDA

View Full Version : Wofford vs North Dakota State

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 10:10 AM
You will find its earily quiet in the dome when the Bison Offense is on the field. Your team may get used to the noise as the game progresses but I don't know how you can prepare for it.

The ESPN guys called it a "mute button" on Saturday.

BisonFan02
December 3rd, 2012, 10:11 AM
Well, I'm done trying to welcome the Wofford fans over at their board. I guess we are unwashed and/or pigs... I suppose that is what I get for trying to read an opponent's board.

MarkyMark
December 3rd, 2012, 10:16 AM
The ESPN guys called it a "mute button" on Saturday.

Thats a good description. How was this ESPN announcing crew?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 10:17 AM

Pretty brutal as usual but better as the game progressed.

steelbison
December 3rd, 2012, 10:24 AM
Even though Wofford played better offenses statistically. That's a fact.

App State, GSU, New Hampshire, all 3 top 15 offenses, all held to 17 points or less. I'm only taking a vague look, but I don't see many teams that SDSU played in the top 50 or so, or at least teams they performed well against.

Wofford's defense is better than SDSU's

Impossible to compare because they didn't play common opponents. Could they be better? Sure but the only way we will find out is Saturday.

A couple of things your don't seem to get. It's ok because after the game Saturday I will say I told you so.

You have no idea what your team is walking into. You can say we've beaten this team or that team on the road but this isn't Montana or South Carolina for that matter. The defense you are going to see Saturday will be the best you've ever seen. Plus you will be surprised how we ram the ball down your throat with the running game.

If you think you are getting the regular season Bison you couldn't be more wrong. We have the BEST coaching staff at this level and will shut any offense down.

Here are a couple of numbers for you to ponder. 14,0,7,6,3 avg of 6pt game.

Let me know if you have any idea what those are...that should give you an idea what your up against.

gsu2583
December 3rd, 2012, 10:27 AM
A couple of things your don't seem to get. It's ok because after the game Saturday I will say I told you so.

Douche NDSU fan...

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 10:31 AM
Douche NDSU fan...

Looks like it's us against the SoCon, as usual. Someday they will win.

deez_na
December 3rd, 2012, 10:36 AM
Douche NDSU fan...

He's confident in his team, no reason not to be. They have been stellar throughout the playoffs last year and so far this year. single digits or less for opponents through the last 4 of 5 games. That's solid.

Reign of Terrier
December 3rd, 2012, 10:36 AM
Well, I'm done trying to welcome the Wofford fans over at their board. I guess we are unwashed and/or pigs... I suppose that is what I get for trying to read an opponent's board.

That was one poster and a joke. chill.

Reign of Terrier
December 3rd, 2012, 10:37 AM
Impossible to compare because they didn't play common opponents. Could they be better? Sure but the only way we will find out is Saturday.

You have no idea what your team is walking into. You can say we've beaten this team or that team on the road but this isn't Montana or South Carolina for that matter. The defense you are going to see Saturday will be the best you've ever seen. Plus you will be surprised how we ram the ball down your throat with the running game.

If you think you are getting the regular season Bison you couldn't be more wrong. We have the BEST coaching staff at this level and will shut any offense down.

Here are a couple of numbers for you to ponder. 14,0,7,6,3 avg of 6pt game.

Let me know if you have any idea what those are...that should give you an idea what your up against.

You're funny.

BisonFan02
December 3rd, 2012, 10:39 AM
That was one poster and a joke. chill.

Followed up by a comment from a mod/Joe about wishing he could positive rep his comment? I'm fine, but I take reservation on this "holier than thou" garbage that is said by Wofford fans in comparison to Bison fans.

Reign of Terrier
Keep underestimating the 12th man at the Dome. It just makes us louder when you false start.

file this under "things no one said"

So basically, your logic is that I must concede that the crowd noise will totally and completely throw off our game and thus we will lose, or else I'm underestimating it?

I'm giving credit where credit is due, I'm just saying that I doubt it will be clearly superior to any of the venues we've played at. With that said, I'm not going to pretend it won't be a factor, because it will.

gsu2583
He's confident in his team, no reason not to be. They have been stellar throughout the playoffs last year and so far this year. single digits or less for opponents through the last 4 of 5 games. That's solid.

Being confident is fine. Saying "I told you so" is rubbing someone's nose in it. Makes you a douche. Plain and simple. Got to be bigger than that.

BisonBacker
December 3rd, 2012, 10:40 AM

I heard them more than once refer to South Dakota State as San Diego State xthumbsdownx

Reign of Terrier
December 3rd, 2012, 10:40 AM
Followed up by a comment from a mod/Joe about wishing he could positive rep his comment? I'm fine, but I take reservation on this "holier than thou" garbage that is said by Wofford fans in comparison to Bison fans.

Because it was a joke, that was funny. calm your tits. There are much worse things that could be found on Bisonville by more posters.

Reign of Terrier
December 3rd, 2012, 10:41 AM
Being confident is fine. Saying "I told you so" is rubbing someone's nose in it. Makes you a douche. Plain and simple. Got to be bigger than that.

I'll let him talk. If his team earns him the right to talk, more power to him, but if not.......I personally will not let him as an individual forget it.

gsu2583
December 3rd, 2012, 10:43 AM
I'll let him talk. If his team earns him the right to talk, more power to him, but if not.......I personally will not let him as an individual forget it.

Don't get me wrong, you're a douche too, but I would PREFER a Wofford win. Don't think it will happen, but I will be half-heatedly rooting for the anklebiters...

This is what I call a meteorite game, where you hope a flaming ball of gasses, rock, and space dust hits the stadium and obliterates both teams.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 10:44 AM
Don't get me wrong, you're a douche too, but I would PREFER a Wofford win. Don't think it will happen, but I will be half-heatedly rooting for the anklebiters...

This is what I call a meteorite game, where you hope a flaming ball of gasses, rock, and space dust hits the stadium and obliterates both teams.

Because GSU would lose to either one? I can see that.

gsu2583
December 3rd, 2012, 10:45 AM

Nah, because it eliminates so many a--holes in one shot.

steelbison
December 3rd, 2012, 10:48 AM

Same goes to you with all the crap you've been posting...go look at my posts here or on our message board....I'm not the one who is making comments about the crowd won't be anything we haven't dealt with or that NDSU is overrated..

You So Con mates arrogance is old...that's all I'm saying...

Try to find some where where I have said anything negative about Wofford....

I think they have a very good defense and an offense that will be easy to stop. I think they are well coached.

that said a running team against our Defense is going to struggle big time. Now if we play ODU that will be a different matter.

Reign of Terrier
December 3rd, 2012, 10:48 AM
so many butthurt people.....

Eaglesrus
December 3rd, 2012, 10:49 AM
Although the above holds true for the entire month of January, I would just like to note that it is abnormally warm here. It is currently raining against my office window and if the temp decides to drop tonight, a ****storm will ensue tomorrow morning for rush hour.

Not that all of this weather talk matters (since the game will be played in a dome), but I wondered if anyone would ever bring this up. No doubt that it gets colder in ND than many of us southerners have ever experienced, but it would only matter on game day. It was cold last year when we played out there, but not the kind of cold that has been described on this thread.

NDSUstudent
December 3rd, 2012, 10:50 AM

I don't care who your team is that is some funny stuff.

Reign of Terrier
December 3rd, 2012, 10:51 AM
Same goes to you with all the crap you've been posting...go look at my posts here or on our message board....I'm not the one who is making comments about the crowd won't be anything we haven't dealt with or that NDSU is overrated..

You So Con mates arrogance is old...that's all I'm saying...

Try to find some where where I have said anything negative about Wofford....

I think they have a very good defense and an offense that will be easy to stop. I think they are well coached.

that said a running team against our Defense is going to struggle big time. Now if we play ODU that will be a different matter.

lol I haven't said NDSU was overrated and I will challenge you to find such a post.

You're really insightful for a guy who posts less than 100 times in over 2 years.

blueballs
December 3rd, 2012, 10:52 AM

Nah, we've seen Wofford against GSU this year, and it was a bad matchup for Wofford's offense because GSU's defense sees the option every day in practice, is stout at DT, and GSU's defensive team speed is better than Wofford's offensive team speed.

Personalities aside, IF GSU is lucky enough to defeat ODU this weekend it is obvious they'd want to play at home instead of Fargo... that's just common sense.

steelbison
December 3rd, 2012, 10:53 AM
lol I haven't said NDSU was overrated and I will challenge you to find such a post.

You're really insightful for a guy who posts less than 100 times in over 2 years.

Because I don't have 4387 posts that means your smarter than I am..

Maybe it's because I actually have a life..

steelbison
December 3rd, 2012, 10:55 AM
Nah, we've seen Wofford against GSU this year, and it was a bad matchup for Wofford's offense because GSU's defense sees the option every day in practice, is stout at DT, and GSU's defensive team speed is better than Wofford's offensive team speed.

Personalities aside, IF GSU is lucky enough to defeat ODU this weekend it is obvious they'd want to play at home instead of Fargo... that's just common sense.

Question for you, after watching NDSU last year against your team do you think we will have any issues stopping Wofford?

Reign of Terrier
December 3rd, 2012, 10:55 AM
Because I don't have 4387 posts that means your smarter than I am..

Maybe it's because I actually have a life..

lolz, I have probably, what 500 posts in the last year, if that? My point is, your insight on the FCS is pretty weak and your opinions reflect that and the indicator is how much you actually discuss it, which is rarely.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 10:57 AM

have you seen the App State participation in this thread? Clearly that isn't the case.

steelbison
December 3rd, 2012, 11:02 AM
lolz, I have probably, what 500 posts in the last year, if that? My point is, your insight on the FCS is pretty weak and your opinions reflect that and the indicator is how much you actually discuss it, which is rarely.

LOL so you know more about FCS football than I do because I don't post on this board??? I've probably been following football longer than you've been on this earth but whatever...

Professor Chaos
December 3rd, 2012, 11:04 AM
I'm not going to claim that NDSU's defense is so much better than anything else Wofford has seen this year but I've watched every NDSU game so far this year and the defense has yet to have an off game. The closest was a struggling 1st half against Illinois St but after halftime the clamps were put on completely. No matter how good Wofford is at running the ball I'm confident NDSU's defense will contain it. Wofford will get some yards on the ground but not consistently. If the Bison can score 20 points they win.

Therein lies my concern however. Wofford's front 7, and D-line specifically, look very good. If they're able to get consistent pressure on Jensen with only their front 4 and drop the rest into coverage it's going to be a long day for the Bison QB. NDSU's O-line against Wofford's D-line will be the key matchup in this game.

Reign of Terrier
December 3rd, 2012, 11:06 AM
LOL so you know more about FCS football than I do because I don't post on this board??? I've probably been following football longer than you've been on this earth but whatever...

No, you don't know FCS football because your viewpoints reflect it. the fact that you don't post is an indicator because I would wager that those with higher post counts on here discuss FCS football more (and for longer) and thus know a little bit more about it than those who don't.

Also, it's ****ing laughable that you think you're better than a 10-2 SEC team.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 11:06 AM
I'm not going to claim that NDSU's defense is so much better than anything else Wofford has seen this year but I've watched every NDSU game so far this year and the defense has yet to have an off game. The closest was a struggling 1st half against Illinois St but after halftime the clamps were put on completely. No matter how good Wofford is at running the ball I'm confident NDSU's defense will contain it. Wofford will get some yards on the ground but not consistently. If the Bison can score 20 points they win.

Therein lies my concern however. Wofford's front 7, and D-line specifically look to be very good. If they're able to get consistent pressure on Jensen with only their front 4 and drop the rest into coverage it's going to be a long day for the Bison QB. NDSU's O-line against Wofford's D-line will be the key matchup in this game.

Bottom line, if Wofford was a better team than NDSU this game would be in Spartansburg, not Fargo.

gsu2583
December 3rd, 2012, 11:07 AM
Careful trying to convince YoungDouche of anything, it's like trying to argue with an NDSU... oh. Nevermind...

Reign of Terrier

Therein lies my concern however. Wofford's front 7, and D-line specifically, look very good. If they're able to get consistent pressure on Jensen with only their front 4 and drop the rest into coverage it's going to be a long day for the Bison QB. NDSU's O-line against Wofford's D-line will be the key matchup in this game.

I would expand that to the front 7, because often we have a linebacker/stand up guy (usually an all-american) blitzing. Our front 7 is great because the strength of our linebackers compliments the strength of our DL really well.

blueballs
Question for you, after watching NDSU last year against your team do you think we will have any issues stopping Wofford?

If it was last year's NDSU defense against this year's Wofford offense, I'd tend to think probably not, but you never know. Each matchup is different in it's own way on the particular day it is played.

Wofford is a different animal than GSU. They will try to trick you more than GSU. They aren't as athletic and therefore aren't as prone to mistakes. You just never know until they line up and go at it.

I will state this with no hesitation though... IMO Wofford has to score the first TD to have a good chance of winning. They'll have to play from in front and play mistake free to win. They'll have less margin for error than NDSU. Ayers is a helluva coach and will have his team prepared and have a good game plan. They are solid in all three phases... we'll just have to see if they are able to play good enough this Saturday.

Reign of Terrier
December 3rd, 2012, 11:08 AM
Bottom line, if Wofford was a better team than NDSU this game would be in Spartansburg, not Fargo.

so wait, Wofford won't have a better team if they score more points in 60 minutes than NDSU?

Reign of Terrier
December 3rd, 2012, 11:08 AM
Careful trying to convince YoungDouche of anything, it's like trying to argue with an NDSU... oh. Nevermind...

You're so butthurt. want a passy?

steelbison
December 3rd, 2012, 11:09 AM
No, you don't know FCS football because your viewpoints reflect it. the fact that you don't post is an indicator because I would wager that those with higher post counts on here discuss FCS football more (and for longer) and thus know a little bit more about it than those who don't.

Where did I say we were better than SC? I said our defense will be the best you have faced. When the game is over and you have less yards than you did against them we will see if I was right or not.

I don't post because like I said I actually work for a living...just not today :D

Professor Chaos
December 3rd, 2012, 11:09 AM
I agree, and I think even Wofford fans would agree that NDSU is the better team on paper. However, they are capable of beating NDSU if the O-line doesn't pass protect and run block well. If Brock Jensen is consistently under pressure against 7 defenders in coverage he's prone to make mistakes and that's the great equalizer. I think Wofford's margin for error is much smaller than NDSU's, similar to how it was for SDSU last weekend, but that doesn't mean they're not capable of winning.

blueballs
December 3rd, 2012, 11:10 AM

That's a darned good analysis.

steelbison
December 3rd, 2012, 11:13 AM
If it was last year's NDSU defense against this year's Wofford offense, I'd tend to think probably not, but you never know. Each matchup is different in it's own way on the particular day it is played.

Wofford is a different animal than GSU. They will try to trick you more than GSU. They aren't as athletic and therefore aren't as prone to mistakes. You just never know until they line up and go at it.

I will state this with no hesitation though... IMO Wofford has to score the first TD to have a good chance of winning. They'll have to play from in front and play mistake free to win. They'll have less margin for error than NDSU. Ayers is a helluva coach and will have his team prepared and have a good game plan. They are solid in all three phases... we'll just have to see if they are able to play good enough this Saturday.

Thanks for the insight. I do believe and the stats will back it up that our Defense this years is significantly better than last years in every way. I know that is hard to believe but that is how well we have played the entire year.

I agree Wofford is very well coached. I think it will be a good game. I just don't think they can score enough points unless we turn the ball over and give them a short field.

Best of luck to GSU this weekend. Should be a heck of a game with ODU

Reign of Terrier
December 3rd, 2012, 11:14 AM
Where did I say we were better than SC? I said our defense will be the best you have faced. When the game is over and you have less yards than you did against them we will see if I was right or not.

I don't post because like I said I actually work for a living...just not today :D

USC defense=SEC defense> your defense

Granted, that has no indication on the game, but at the same time I don't think one can predict NDSU's defense is going to be better than USC's just because of a performance last year against GSU

Reign of Terrier
December 3rd, 2012, 11:15 AM
I agree, and I think even Wofford fans would agree that NDSU is the better team on paper. However, they are capable of beating NDSU if the O-line doesn't pass protect and run block well. If Brock Jensen is consistently under pressure against 7 defenders in coverage he's prone to make mistakes and that's the great equalizer. I think Wofford's margin for error is much smaller than NDSU's, similar to how it was for SDSU last weekend, but that doesn't mean they're not capable of winning.

I don't disagree. Our defense keeps us in games in spite of our offense sometimes.

steelbison
December 3rd, 2012, 11:21 AM

Granted, that has no indication on the game, but at the same time I don't think one can predict NDSU's defense is going to be better than USC's just because of a performance last year against GSU

Last post with you...wow where did I say I was going off of last years defense???

I am going off of this years team...I know its hard to understand but our defense is better than last years.

I'm not going to look it up but the coach from Missouri State said he has faced Oregon last year, K-state and Louisville this year and ours was the best he has faced.

Again I've watched this Defense all year and they are as good as anything you've seen...trust me....

Good thing is that's why we play the games and we can see who is right or wrong come saturday afternoon.

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2012, 11:21 AM
Not that all of this weather talk matters (since the game will be played in a dome), but I wondered if anyone would ever bring this up. No doubt that it gets colder in ND than many of us southerners have ever experienced, but it would only matter on game day. It was cold last year when we played out there, but not the kind of cold that has been described on this thread.

Last winter was unseasonably warm it was 50F in ND when I left for TX, typically its closer to -50F(-20/-30F before windchill) around that time.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 11:23 AM

Just like we tried to tell the GSU posters last year. You are not getting 100% of those FBS teams' effort or even the crowd.

If those teams actually tried like it was a conference game, the average FCS team would lose 140-0 to a SEC team.

gsu2583
December 3rd, 2012, 11:27 AM
Last winter was unseasonably warm it was 50F in ND when I left for TX, typically its closer to -50F(-20/-30F before windchill) around that time.

SoCon teams get a slight benefit from playing some OCC teams at home early in the season when it is BLAZING hot and HUMID. The Dome is definitely an advantage come this time of year for NDSU.

Vitojr130
December 3rd, 2012, 11:28 AM

I hate this line of thinking because there is nothing to support it. We simply don't know where NDSU stands compared to top-tier FBS teams. The closest thing I can come up with is a UNI/Wisc matchup that occured earlier this year. UNI, who is in the lower half of our conference this year, hung with and barely lost to a team who eventually played for (and absolutely dominated in) the B1G championship game. We beat UNI by a higher margin than Wisc. could, and Wisc just demolished #14 Nebraska 70-31.

What I am saying is that it is really hard to compare top-tier FCS schools to any FBS school because both have high-quality players and both can only put 11 on the field at a time. To say that on any given day our defense is better than USC's is not out of the question. Regardless, see GSU/Alabama argument last year (cue the "But it's not last year" crap xblahx) to justify this.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 11:34 AM

No more laughable than you thinking you're better than a 11-1 MVFC team.

citdog
December 3rd, 2012, 11:36 AM
Just like we tried to tell the GSU posters last year. You are not getting 100% of those FBS teams' effort or even the crowd.

If those teams actually tried like it was a conference game, the average FCS team would lose 140-0 to a SEC team.

you're really not a smart person are you? your athletic career probably consisted of playing one inning of right field in little league. the above is perhaps the dumbest thing I've ever read.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 11:42 AM
you're really not a smart person are you? your athletic career probably consisted of playing one inning of right field in little league. the above is perhaps the dumbest thing I've ever read.

Wow, what brilliant insight. Do you do anything else but throw **** all over the place?

Thunderstruck
December 3rd, 2012, 11:44 AM
I see this game and being a field position game. The most important players on the field on Saturday maybe be the kickers/punters. Excited to see Eric Breitenstein and what he does compared to Zenner. I like the Bison to win this one. First one to 20 points wins?

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2012, 11:48 AM
I see this game and being a field position game. The most important players on the field on Saturday maybe be the kickers/punters. Excited to see Eric Breitenstein and what he does compared to Zenner. I like the Bison to win this one. First one to 20 points wins?

First one to ten probably wins, though the first one to score 10 most likely will score more.

millwoga1
December 3rd, 2012, 11:53 AM
I hate this line of thinking because there is nothing to support it. We simply don't know where NDSU stands compared to top-tier FBS teams. The closest thing I can come up with is a UNI/Wisc matchup that occured earlier this year. UNI, who is in the lower half of our conference this year, hung with and barely lost to a team who eventually played for (and absolutely dominated in) the B1G championship game. We beat UNI by a higher margin than Wisc. could, and Wisc just demolished #14 Nebraska 70-31.

What I am saying is that it is really hard to compare top-tier FCS schools to any FBS school because both have high-quality players and both can only put 11 on the field at a time. To say that on any given day our defense is better than USC's is not out of the question. Regardless, see GSU/Alabama argument last year (cue the "But it's not last year" crap xblahx) to justify this.

Same Nebraska team that South Carolina beat handily (gave up 13 points)in Capital One bowl last year. It makes no sense that you can use useless stats to support your opinion but yet start crying foul when those with opposing views do the same.

Southern Bison
December 3rd, 2012, 11:58 AM

What is the track record for Wofford's special teams this year? Yds/punt, P/KO return yds allowed & gained?

Vitojr130
December 3rd, 2012, 12:01 PM
Same Nebraska team that South Carolina beat handily (gave up 13 points)in Capital One bowl last year. It makes no sense that you can use useless stats to support your opinion but yet start crying foul when those with opposing views do the same.

Because I've been wrong so many times... xlolx

After Saturday, I'll be all xbopx and Wofford fans will be all xbawlingx, but together we will all be xbeerchugx

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 12:02 PM
I have only one thing to say. On their own forum, they have embraced Lakes.

that is all.

of course that isn't all and I never have just one thing to say.

citdog
December 3rd, 2012, 12:03 PM
Wow, what brilliant insight. Do you do anything else but throw **** all over the place?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXHwIrEpeSQ

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 12:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXHwIrEpeSQ

Yup, that's pretty much your contribution most of the time.

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2012, 12:07 PM
Yup, that's pretty much your contribution all of the time.

FIFY ;)

citdog
December 3rd, 2012, 12:07 PM
Yup, that's pretty much your contribution most of the time.

and you're playing your usual part......screaming like a woman and running away to find a bathroom.

citdog
December 3rd, 2012, 12:10 PM
FIFY ;)

here's yours

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgVudwHFj9g

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2012, 12:13 PM
Here's yours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=OrDAZpuiJxo

Asian women kicking your **** in xlolx

deez_na
December 3rd, 2012, 12:19 PM
Here's yours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=OrDAZpuiJxo

Asian women kicking your **** in xlolx

lol that's pretty good

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 3rd, 2012, 12:29 PM
and you're playing your usual part......screaming like a woman and running away to find a bathroom.

You're a frickin tool....period!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 3rd, 2012, 12:33 PM
Back to the game itself.

I still think this game will be 31-6 maybe 31-13, but Wofford will not score 20. The most points NDSU has given up this year is 21. The NDSU defense is too athletic to get run on consistently.

IMO, NDSU's running game will establish itself, esp in the 2ns half. After watching a lot of highlights of Wofford, there is no reason for me to believe that they will win the game.

deez_na
December 3rd, 2012, 12:37 PM
Back to the game itself.

I still think this game will be 31-6 maybe 31-13, but Wofford will not score 20. The most points NDSU has given up this year is 21. The NDSU defense is too athletic to get run on consistently.

IMO, NDSU's running game will establish itself, esp in the 2ns half. After watching a lot of highlights of Wofford, there is no reason for me to believe that they will win the game.

And the 21 points was a garbage TD when NDSU was up 33-14 late in the 4th. I dont see Wofford scoring more than 13 -16 tops

Reign of Terrier
December 3rd, 2012, 12:38 PM
No more laughable than you thinking you're better than a 11-1 MVFC team.

We'll certainly see on Saturday.

millwoga1
December 3rd, 2012, 12:38 PM
Back to the game itself.

How many yards do you think Breitenstein will get?

deez_na
December 3rd, 2012, 12:40 PM

Unless he breaks loose he won't see 100 unless they run him every play.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 12:41 PM

< 50. I'd put him on par with Zenner

Reign of Terrier
December 3rd, 2012, 12:42 PM
What is the track record for Wofford's special teams this year? Yds/punt, P/KO return yds allowed & gained?

We've done really well kicking the ball. It would be no exaggeration to say that on kickoffs, 90-95% of our kicks go out of the endzone. As for punting, our punter Kasey Redfern started the year inconsistent but since about the 3rd or 4th game he has been consistently good at punting. As for kickoff/punt returns, we usually play conservative and go for the fair catch/touchback.

Special teams wise, our main place kicker (honestly one of our best ever) has been out since before the App State game with a hip problem. He may just play this week, but who knows how the time off will effect him. Our Kicker Kasey Redfern has done well in his place. Watch the film on him against UNH, he had an odd game. He missed a 34 yard field goal, missed an extra point, then turned around and got a 33 yard field goal, an excellently high punt that was downed inside the 5, and dropped the snap on a punt.....only to pick it up and run for a first down.

citdog
December 3rd, 2012, 12:44 PM
You're a frickin tool....period!

are you capable of attempting smack without it ending with........ period!????

here is me on the stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iMqT--uR1Q

Reign of Terrier
December 3rd, 2012, 12:45 PM
what's the status on Jensen's injury? I heard something about potential ligament damage, but on what part of his body? his ankle? Doesn't he have a sprain on his non-throwing wrist as well?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 12:47 PM
what's the status on Jensen's injury? I heard something about potential ligament damage, but on what part of his body? his ankle? Doesn't he have a sprain on his non-throwing wrist as well?

Non-throwing wrist. He's taping it up and playing.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 3rd, 2012, 12:50 PM

The guy is a beast...period. He reminds me of a RB we had a few years ago..Tyler Roehl. He was a 240 lb RB for us. He would still be in the NFL if he hadn't blown his knee out.

EB will get some yards, I'm not going to say we will completely stop him. But I do not see him going over a 100. Probably in the 60-80 range. Wofford is going to need someone else step-up and make plays.

Wofford is tough, no denying that. Their unique version of the TO is pretty tough for defenses to figure out. But our defense has proven over and over that they are the real deal. They are #1 in 6 defensive categories.

Can Wofford win? You bet they can. IMO, it will not happen. This Bison team is very good.

Reign of Terrier
December 3rd, 2012, 12:52 PM
Non-throwing wrist. He's taping it up and playing.

okay....because I read an article that said something about a ligament but oddly didn't specify the injury.

Eaglesrus
December 3rd, 2012, 12:55 PM
Here's my other contribution to this thread; any Wofford fans making the trip should let NDSU fans know that you'll be at Buffalo Wild Wings (or probably where ever) on Friday night. Also, get to the parking lot early enough on Saturday to wander around. If it's like our experience last year you'll meet some really great folks! I still often tell the story of the NDSU student who picked up our beer AND dinner tab the night after the game.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 12:58 PM
okay....because I read an article that said something about a ligament but oddly didn't specify the injury.

He says ligament damage in his wrist. This kid is a gamer. Last year he was literally taking IV fluids to stay hydrated with the flu during the Georgia Southern game and had turf toe but ran for 100 yds including a 55 yd TD run.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 12:59 PM
Here's my other contribution to this thread; any Wofford fans making the trip should let NDSU fans know that you'll be at Buffalo Wild Wings (or probably where ever) on Friday night. Also, get to the parking lot early enough on Saturday to wander around. If it's like our experience last year you'll meet some really great folks! I still often tell the story of the NDSU student who picked up our beer AND dinner tab the night after the game.

Any Wofford fans driving and coming through Central Ohio, pick me up. I'd kill to be there.

AmsterBison
December 3rd, 2012, 01:00 PM
Where can I find a two-deep for Wofford?

Reign of Terrier
December 3rd, 2012, 01:04 PM

The best I can get is here as the game notes aren't up yet

http://athletics.wofford.edu/sports/2012/7/25/FB_0725125956.aspx?path=football

it's on page 21, the only discrepancy is that Zach Bobb is out for the year with injury (Josh Roseborough is replacing him), the QB situation is a huge question mark but I think BK gets the start this week, and Christian Reed may or may not be place kicking for us this week.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 3rd, 2012, 01:05 PM

The speed channel?

Sorry, I don't have an actual answer to that.

Southern Bison
December 3rd, 2012, 01:16 PM
We've done really well kicking the ball. It would be no exaggeration to say that on kickoffs, 90-95% of our kicks go out of the endzone. As for punting, our punter Kasey Redfern started the year inconsistent but since about the 3rd or 4th game he has been consistently good at punting. As for kickoff/punt returns, we usually play conservative and go for the fair catch/touchback.

Special teams wise, our main place kicker (honestly one of our best ever) has been out since before the App State game with a hip problem. He may just play this week, but who knows how the time off will effect him. Our Kicker Kasey Redfern has done well in his place. Watch the film on him against UNH, he had an odd game. He missed a 34 yard field goal, missed an extra point, then turned around and got a 33 yard field goal, an excellently high punt that was downed inside the 5, and dropped the snap on a punt.....only to pick it up and run for a first down.

How about from a punt coverage standpoint? Our PRs, MWill & Ryan Smith are known for sauntering into the endzone for a quick 6.

Thundar
December 3rd, 2012, 01:25 PM
Looking forward to this game, hope some fans travel up.

Love playing new teams

hlebichuk
December 3rd, 2012, 01:36 PM
That is a great video. I could stand listening to Ed Schultz back then...not so much today. And I agree, you just can't really understand how cold and windy it is in Fargo until you live there. Which I did for 5 very long, cold years. The dome is nice, but forget about communicating on the field. Wofford better learn sign language real fast.

millwoga1
December 3rd, 2012, 01:49 PM
Saw on twitter where three Bison players left the team. My understanding is that these guys are reserves but seems like odd timing to quit in the midst of a playoff run.

Go Bison
December 3rd, 2012, 01:54 PM
Saw on twitter where three Bison players left the team. My understanding is that these guys are reserves but seems like odd timing to quit in the midst of a playoff run.

All 3 were from Kansas with two of them being brothers. They all plan on transferring and want to get started on that before next semester. The one thing it hurts is LB depth which NDSU is pretty thin at.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 01:55 PM

The rumor has it that they are all transferring academically, which would happen pretty much now. The Dinwiddies were off and on. Deshaun I think could have been an able replacement at RB in a couple years.

Go Bison
December 3rd, 2012, 01:57 PM

I couldn't remember where I heard that story about the NDSU student who picked up the tab. Good to hear it again. I know NDSU fans can be bold online and even arrogant but when you meet us in person I don't think people are disappointed.

AmsterBison
December 3rd, 2012, 01:58 PM

I've never seen anything like it before. Heard something about one or more of the three wanting to transfer at the end of the semester... maybe to participate in spring ball somewhere else.

Maybe that explains why I never heard of it before - NDSU used to be on the quarter system.

BisonFan02
December 3rd, 2012, 01:59 PM
The rumor has it that they are all transferring academically, which would happen pretty much now. The Dinwiddies were off and on. Deveon I think could have been an able replacement at RB in a couple years.

FIFY. Deshaun was a LB.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 02:04 PM
FIFY. Deshaun was a LB.

Dammit. too many D's

Thundar
December 3rd, 2012, 02:09 PM

It's 50 today also, we generally do not get that terrible cold until January and that also depends on the snow on the ground, this week looks nice with temps in the 30's for Saturday.

citdog
December 3rd, 2012, 02:11 PM
Dammit. too many D's

sounds like appaholics transcript from app.

frozennorth
December 3rd, 2012, 02:12 PM
sagarin has NDSU as 20 point favorites. Now we can spend several pages arguing about the validity of computer rankings.

millwoga1
December 3rd, 2012, 02:19 PM
sagarin has NDSU as 20 point favorites. Now we can spend several pages arguing about the validity of computer rankings.

Sagarin has been unkind to Wofford all year. Not sure if it is from SoCon schedule or playing Div. II team.

Vitojr130
December 3rd, 2012, 02:22 PM
Sagarin has been unkind to Wofford all year. Not sure if it is from SoCon schedule or playing Div. II team.

I'm going to go ahead and say probably a little of both. The MVFC has been far above the SoCon this year in his rankings and that probably has a huge roll. On a side note, he hasn't really been wrong (except ISUb)... xpeacex

FargoBison
December 3rd, 2012, 02:30 PM
This is definitely an interesting match up. NDSU obviously hasn't played a team like Wofford all year but I don't think Wofford has seen anything quite like what NDSU brings the table either.

BisonBohl
December 3rd, 2012, 02:32 PM
We need Emory the Czar of the playbook to come and weigh in his thoughts on the game.

Reign of Terrier
December 3rd, 2012, 02:33 PM
How about from a punt coverage standpoint? Our PRs, MWill & Ryan Smith are known for sauntering into the endzone for a quick 6.

no punt returns for TDs this year, and only one big return against us with GSU.

citdog
December 3rd, 2012, 02:43 PM
We need Emory the Czar of the playbook to come and weigh in his thoughts on the game.

listen tomorrow night

asumike83
December 3rd, 2012, 02:50 PM
This will be a very interesting game, will definitely be watching. Would be surprised if Wofford can pull the upset in Fargo. I'd be even more surprised with a lopsided game. I am expecting a defensive struggle with NDSU winning a low-scoring affair.

Reign of Terrier
December 3rd, 2012, 02:54 PM
listen tomorrow night

though I know there's a link at the bottom of the page, be sure to make a thread, or else I will totally forget to watch.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 02:56 PM
This will be a very interesting game, will definitely be watching. Would be surprised if Wofford can pull the upset in Fargo. I'd be even more surprised with a lopsided game. I am expecting a defensive struggle with NDSU winning a low-scoring affair.

Bison welcoming a 2000 yd rusher and a stout defense? Throw in an actual passing game and you get last weeks 28-3 win with SDSU.

asumike83
December 3rd, 2012, 03:07 PM
Bison welcoming a 2000 yd rusher and a stout defense? Throw in an actual passing game and you get last weeks 28-3 win with SDSU.

Calling for NDSU to win a close game was not some kind of underhanded comment, I think they will win. I just think Wofford is good enough defensively to keep this one close and give themselves a chance to win. They held a very good UNH offense to just 7 points last week and as good as NDSU is on defense, I think they'd be content to grind it out.

Reign of Terrier
December 3rd, 2012, 03:09 PM
Calling for NDSU to win a close game was not some kind of underhanded comment, I think they will win. I just think Wofford is good enough defensively to keep this one close and give themselves a chance to win. They held a very good UNH offense to just 7 points last week and as good as NDSU is on defense, I think they'd be content to grind it out.

Actually, those 7 points scored were by UNH's defense, not offense.

UNH didn't get in the red zone saturday.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 03:10 PM

Is that important? Because that's exactly what happened to Indiana State.

robsnotes4u

That is pretty amazing, especially in a playoff game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reign of Terrier
Wofford is very much different from SDSU.

From a scheme perspective it's like comparing Stanford to Oregon or Georgia Tech.

Reign of Terrier
December 3rd, 2012, 03:11 PM

UNH's offense is lightyears better than Indiana State. 12th best offense as opposed to the 100th. And we won the game.

asumike83
December 3rd, 2012, 03:17 PM

I said that Wofford held their offense to 7 points when in fact, they did not score an offensive touchdown. Just a clarification.

Reign of Terrier
December 3rd, 2012, 03:20 PM
There's a glaring double standard in this thread, you guys are full of it.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 03:25 PM
Wofford is very much different from SDSU.

From a scheme perspective it's like comparing Stanford to Oregon or Georgia Tech.

No you see? You're all the same. Just speedbumps on the way to the National Championship. You know who you are? Lehigh with darker jerseys. A one dimensional quarterfinal team who will get chewed up and spit out at the Fargodome.

terrierterror84
December 3rd, 2012, 03:26 PM
hello gentlemen (and ladies)....
first time post. been reading the dialogue and see that things are heating up.
wanted to see if any of the NDSU crowd had info on the best places to hang friday nightand tailgate saturday (if y'all can stand us southerners for a spell)

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 03:28 PM
wanted to see if any of the NDSU crowd had info on the best places to hang friday nightand tailgate saturday (if y'all can stand us southerners for a spell)
Buffalo Wild Wings on 19th Ave near the Dome would be good.

the West Lot of the dome, this is what it looks like

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/487933_10151269900714532_1295755628_n.jpg

Reign of Terrier
December 3rd, 2012, 03:29 PM
No you see? You're all the same. Just speedbumps on the way to the National Championship. You know who you are? Lehigh with darker jerseys. A one dimensional quarterfinal team who will get chewed up and spit out at the Fargodome.

haha okay buddy. Keep thinking that.

Southern Bison
December 3rd, 2012, 03:35 PM
no punt returns for TDs this year, and only one big return against us with GSU.

Based on our conversations, this game will be your classic game between 2 well-balanced and disciplined teams. Definitely won't be a shootout like ODU/GaSo, this one will be decided in the trenches. The Bison O-line's ability to reach the second level after pushing the down 4 off the line will be one of the keys to a Bison win. The guys have been consistent all season in dominating the line of scrimmage. One of the other keys is going to be the special teams play on both sides.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 03:35 PM
haha okay buddy. Keep thinking that.

I will until it's disproven. When has Wofford proven that it can go beyond the quarterfinals?

asumike83
December 3rd, 2012, 03:36 PM

Well I guess the only real question remaining is how long do you plan to keep your starters in? Do you pull them once you are up by 45-50 points or do you get your first string more than a quarter of work at the risk of embarrassing them? Gotta take sportsmanship into account at some point.

Reign of Terrier
Based on our conversations, this game will be your classic game between 2 well-balanced and disciplined teams. Definitely won't be a shootout like ODU/GaSo, this one will be decided in the trenches. The Bison O-line's ability to reach the second level after pushing the down 4 off the line will be one of the keys to a Bison win. The guys have been consistent all season in dominating the line of scrimmage. One of the other keys is going to be the special teams play on both sides.

And the same goes for Wofford. If we don't turn the ball over, we have more than a chance to win it.

terrierterror84
rockin!
that's a beautiful facility. i'm assuming there will be some fires burning and partaking of libations in that lot???
cold or no cold????

Reign of Terrier
December 3rd, 2012, 03:38 PM
I will until it's disproven. When has Wofford proven that it can go beyond the quarterfinals?

2003. And every quarterfinal loss has been a hard fought game. No blowouts.

hlebichuk
December 3rd, 2012, 03:38 PM

A favorite local stop is Jim Laurman's, #2 Saloon. Knock back a couple scooners and foot of onion rings and your ready for the game. They have the best pickled 'anything you can imagine', and their burgers are awsome.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 03:40 PM
A favorite local stop is Jim Laurman's, #2 Saloon. Knock back a couple scooners and foot of onion rings and your ready for the game. They have the best pickled 'anything you can imagine', and their burgers are awsome.

Didn't both Jim Lauerman's close years ago?

Jim died and Greta and Wally didn't want to do it, from my understanding.

BisonBacker
December 3rd, 2012, 03:41 PM

There are several places close to the dome that are good for a beer and something to eat.
Buffalo Wild Wings which is just north of the dome. You can actually see it in the photo posted of the dome on the North side (top of picture). Otherwise labby's which is just to the East not in the picture is also a good one. Several other places around the dome area. Where are you staying in fargo? Might be easier to give you some locations close to where you maybe staying?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 03:41 PM
rockin!
that's a beautiful facility. i'm assuming there will be some fires burning and partaking of libations in that lot???
cold or no cold????

No fires. It's going to be 20 or so, so it will be beautiful tailgating weather!

344Johnson
December 3rd, 2012, 03:42 PM
Downtown Friday night. West Lot Saturday. Feel free to come wake me up Saturday morning, tenting outside for the game I believe.

citdog
December 3rd, 2012, 03:42 PM

says an allegedly male stay at home mom.

Wofford will be the best team you have faced all season. you will be lucky to survive and advance.

BEWARE THE BEAR JEW

http://campuscommuter.blogs.goupstate.com/files/2012/10/EB-1-234x300.jpg

BisonBacker
December 3rd, 2012, 03:43 PM

JL Beers is what he might be referring to? Food is good and prices are reasonable. Not sure about the pickled stuff though never saw it at JL Beers but yeah the old Lauerman's had that. I thought someone opened the one downtown back up but I don't get downtown that often anymore?

terrierterror84
December 3rd, 2012, 03:43 PM

excellent....bunch of fans downing scooners & foots of onion rings and ya might not wanna be in a dome....wth, thanks for the local info

Vitojr130
December 3rd, 2012, 03:44 PM
There are several places close to the dome that are good for a beer and something to eat.
Buffalo Wild Wings which is just north of the dome. You can actually see it in the photo posted of the dome on the North side (top of picture). Otherwise labby's which is just to the East not in the picture is also a good one. Several other places around the dome area. Where are you staying in fargo? Might be easier to give you some locations close to where you maybe staying?

No matter the hotel location, I always recommend JL Beers. One of my favorite spots to grab a burger and beer.

terrierterror84
December 3rd, 2012, 03:46 PM

stayin on willow maybe? others setting that up.

BisonBacker
December 3rd, 2012, 03:47 PM
No matter the hotel location, I always recommend JL Beers. One of my favorite spots to grab a burger and beer.
Agreed,
Three Lyons Pub is also another good one. Or Woody's on 32 is another good one.

terrierterror84
December 3rd, 2012, 03:48 PM
No fires. It's going to be 20 or so, so it will be beautiful tailgating weather!

20 degrees and liquor is a fine combo

DJKyR0
Looking forward to seeing NDSU end the career of such an illustrious player as Eric Breitenstein. Wofford fans of the future will look at his name in their school's record books and recall that his reign was ended by the big bad Bison. I predict he gets about 40 yards on the day.

NoDak 4 Ever
JL Beers is what he might be referring to? Food is good and prices are reasonable. Not sure about the pickled stuff though never saw it at JL Beers but yeah the old Lauerman's had that. I thought someone opened the one downtown back up but I don't get downtown that often anymore?

My softball team was sponsored by Lauerman's 2 about 15 years ago. Buy the schooner and refill it with delicious Grain Belt Premium for dirt cheap. I still have that thing.

Southern Bison
December 3rd, 2012, 03:50 PM
And the same goes for Wofford. If we don't turn the ball over, we have more than a chance to win it.

I know ya'll take on some good programs each year (GaSo, App, SoCar this year) and that Wofford holds their own very well against them. However, MVFC football is a bit less finesse and more of the classic smash-mouth style (with speed) that can spell disaster for a non-conference/playoff opponent. Wofford will need to be damn-near perfect and NDSU to turn the ball over at least twice for Wofford to pull off the upset.

robsnotes4u
December 3rd, 2012, 03:50 PM

Friday night at Fargo Billiards and Gastropub, www.fargobilliards.com. Classy place with great food, a lot of TVs and of course Billiards. They will take care of you on the west side of the fargodome on Saturday, you can't miss it.

robsnotes4u
December 3rd, 2012, 03:51 PM

I think you are correct

Vitojr130
December 3rd, 2012, 03:51 PM
My softball team was sponsored by Lauerman's 2 about 15 years ago. Buy the schooner and refill it with delicious Grain Belt Premium for dirt cheap. I still have that thing.

You speak my language. I can drink this like water!

I fully intend on fueling up on the Premium before and after this game.

Reign of Terrier
December 3rd, 2012, 03:52 PM
I know ya'll take on some good programs each year (GaSo, App, SoCar this year) and that Wofford holds their own very well against them. However, MVFC football is a bit less finesse and more of the classic smash-mouth style (with speed) that can spell disaster for a non-conference/playoff opponent. Wofford will need to be damn-near perfect and NDSU to turn the ball over at least twice for Wofford to pull off the upset.

If Wofford moves the ball and doesn't turn the ball over, they won't need turnovers. Believe it or not, our defense is good enough to force punts. The SoCon is many things, but finesse is not one of them.

BisonBacker
December 3rd, 2012, 03:53 PM
stayin on willow maybe? others setting that up.
Are you staying with friends or at a hotel? Not sure about where willow is. There are several possibilities with that street name but they are all residential streets as far as I know. If you can get a little more info I or some other Bison faithful would be happy to point you to some good locations for food and drinks. Otherwise you cant go wrong if you get to the Dome early and enjoy some Northern Hospitality. You won't be disappointed as there will be plenty of folks willing to share food, drinks and stories with you. Even though it's been nice temp wise for this time of year I'd still dress warm for tailgating especially if you plan on being out there for a while.

citdog

http://davecullen.com/brokeback/daily/TDS_2009/Jan/logo_NAGAAA.gif

NoDak 4 Ever

Never move away. I can't get it here. I had to get some from people when I went to Texas in January and my wife ordered 2 cases from a liquor store in Minneapolis. Shipping cost as much as the beer.

terrierterror84
December 3rd, 2012, 03:56 PM
[QUOTE=robsnotes4u;1908404]Friday night at Fargo Billiards and Gastropub, www.fargobilliards.com. Classy place with great food, a lot of TVs and of course Billiards. They will take care of you on the west side of the fargodome on Saturday, you can't miss it.

thanks again. will be in Fargo long enough to try out several of these establishments. look forward to cruising the west side pregame. we always invite visiting fans at the friendly confines of Gibbs stadium to join our tailgate....best way to meet good peeps is with food & drink!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 03:56 PM
http://davecullen.com/brokeback/daily/TDS_2009/Jan/logo_NAGAAA.gif

Good to see you're putting your free troll pass from the mods to good use.

Lehigh'98
December 3rd, 2012, 03:57 PM
What is the record number of pages for a post topic on these boards? This games looks to easily eclipse 100.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 04:00 PM
What is the record number of pages for a post topic on these boards? This games looks to easily eclipse 100.

Well if you take out all the ****, it's about half that.

BisonBohl
December 3rd, 2012, 04:00 PM
Last years NDSU vs Georgia Southern reached 286 pages with 2,853 posts....lol

terrierterror84
December 3rd, 2012, 04:01 PM
Are you staying with friends or at a hotel? Not sure about where willow is. There are several possibilities with that street name but they are all residential streets as far as I know. If you can get a little more info I or some other Bison faithful would be happy to point you to some good locations for food and drinks. Otherwise you cant go wrong if you get to the Dome early and enjoy some Northern Hospitality. You won't be disappointed as there will be plenty of folks willing to share food, drinks and stories with you. Even though it's been nice temp wise for this time of year I'd still dress warm for tailgating especially if you plan on being out there for a while.

how about 13th ave near the interstate? think that's an exit we're taking...

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 04:03 PM

You are near the mall area there. All of the places we're talking about are downtown or up by the Dome. I think there are some ok places near the West Fargo border that are pretty nice for an evening. My mom lives in that part of town but I haven't been back for more than a couple days in a few years.

BisonBohl
December 3rd, 2012, 04:03 PM

There are a ton of different options on 13th avenue, one of my favorites on 13th is Granite City. Very tasty food and brew their own beer.

Also highly suggest JL Beers!

BisonBohl
December 3rd, 2012, 04:05 PM
You are near the mall area there. All of the places we're talking about are downtown or up by the Dome. I think there are some ok places near the West Fargo border that are pretty nice for an evening. My mom lives in that part of town but I haven't been back for more than a couple days in a few years.

There is a JL Beers on 13th ave, its just really really far west. Almost near cheyene street.

NoDak 4 Ever
There are a ton of different options on 13th avenue, one of my favorites on 13th is Granite City. Very tasty food and brew their own beer.

Don't forget. He's from the south so you can see what passes for a Hooters in North Dakota out in that part of town. :)

Alpha T Dog
Looking forward to seeing NDSU end the career of such an illustrious player as Eric Breitenstein. Wofford fans of the future will look at his name in their school's record books and recall that his reign was ended by the big bad Bison. I predict he gets about 40 yards on the day.

You people are hilarious. South Carolina, with one of the top 4 defensive lines in the entire Country, couldn't hold Breitenstein to under 100 yards but North Dakota is gonna hold him to less than 50. Yeah, you keep telling yourselves that.

robsnotes4u
[QUOTE=robsnotes4u;1908404]Friday night at Fargo Billiards and Gastropub, www.fargobilliards.com. Classy place with great food, a lot of TVs and of course Billiards. They will take care of you on the west side of the fargodome on Saturday, you can't miss it.

thanks again. will be in Fargo long enough to try out several of these establishments. look forward to cruising the west side pregame. we always invite visiting fans at the friendly confines of Gibbs stadium to join our tailgate....best way to meet good peeps is with food & drink!

Last year mike page, the owner, had a room set up for the quarter final game, we had bobcats, Griz, bison, lehigh and even local UNI fans all together watching the MSU vs SHSU game. Not saying there is a private room available this year, they have been busy with parties, but a great atmosphere anyway. Wear your team gear.

Lehigh'98
December 3rd, 2012, 04:07 PM
Last years NDSU vs Georgia Southern reached 286 pages with 2,853 posts....lol

Wow. If we extrapolate 66 pages right now (averaging 33/day) with 6 more posting days, looks like this will fall just short, unless you get a weekend spike.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 04:09 PM
You people are hilarious. South Carolina, with one of the top 4 defensive lines in the entire Country, couldn't hold Breitenstein to under 100 yards but North Dakota is gonna hold him to less than 50. Yeah, you keep telling yourselves that.

North Dakota might not be able to but NDSU might. Whole teams are averaging 67 ypg against NDSU.

robsnotes4u
December 3rd, 2012, 04:10 PM

They have great beer, and huge portions of food at granite city

Alpha T Dog
December 3rd, 2012, 04:13 PM
North Dakota might not be able to but NDSU might. Whole teams are averaging 67 ypg against NDSU.

So what are you saying? your defense is better than South Carolina's? EB will have 67 yards by halftime.

gotts
December 3rd, 2012, 04:15 PM

Here's a quick map I threw together. If others have suggestions, I can certainly add to this.

http://goo.gl/maps/FQ5Mq

robsnotes4u
December 3rd, 2012, 04:17 PM
Here's a quick map I threw together. If others have suggestions, I can certainly add to this.

http://goo.gl/maps/KoTBp

Nice job!

frozennorth
December 3rd, 2012, 04:17 PM
if any of you southerners want to see how our northern bbq stacks up, i'd love to hear your thoughts on spitfire in west fargo

terrierterror84
December 3rd, 2012, 04:19 PM
just to add my worthless opinion to the previous thoughts on the GAME being played saturday (too bad there's not a B.S. filter on this forum)....
being a looooooong time wofford fan and watching them in person 90+ percent of their games over the past 20 years, i have to say that the terriers appear slow, undersized and simple minded in their offensive approach (this is to their advantage mostly). on both sides of the ball, year after year, wofford never "out athletes" anyone. watching the NDSU defense 3 times this year is proof positive that they're tremendous. i don't think it makes a hill of beans who you play but rather how you play. we should've beat fcs clemson and south carolina but that doesn't get us yards against the bison.

bottom line to me is simple...our defense is stubborn and can play with anyone. our offense has potential but has not played a complete game yet. if we don't fumble the game away we might have a shot to pull a stunner saturday but the bison are #1 for a damn good reason and to be the best....well, ya know...

gotts
They have great beer, and huge portions of food at granite city

if any of you southerners want to see how our northern bbq stacks up, i'd love to hear your thoughts on spitfire in west fargo

Both added to map.

http://goo.gl/maps/FQ5Mq

BisonBacker

If you go West on 13th you will have a lot of options. I'd recommend either JL Beers or Three Lyons Pub. Otherwise there is so much out there to choose from right on 13th Ave. that you shouldn't have any problems finding something to your liking.

Alpha T Dog
December 3rd, 2012, 04:20 PM

Do they serve sweet tea? You can't eat BBQ without sweet tea.

terrierterror84
[QUOTE=gotts;1908441]Here's a quick map I threw together. If others have suggestions, I can certainly add to this.

great....looking forward to fargo!

terrierterror84

AMEN!!!!

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2012, 04:21 PM
UNH's offense is lightyears better than Indiana State. 12th best offense as opposed to the 100th. And we won the game.

UNH barely scored 7 on Minnesota. Not impressed.

citdog
December 3rd, 2012, 04:26 PM

Bless your hearts! y'all even attempt to fix bbq......if the sauce doesn't look like this it is not real bbq.

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/images/20100304-south-carolina-mustard-sauce.jpg

frozennorth
December 3rd, 2012, 04:27 PM
continuing with the food/drink line, i think anywhere on Broadway downtown should be good, both the night before and the night after.

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2012, 04:28 PM

Psh, Nordeast or nothin!

deez_na
December 3rd, 2012, 04:29 PM
So what are you saying? your defense is better than South Carolina's? EB will have 67 yards by halftime.

He's gonna need to break loose for a long gain if he's going to sniff that by the half, good luck with that guess.

BisonHype!
December 3rd, 2012, 04:30 PM
If anyone wants to go out before the game from Wofford, just let me know! Hope you enjoy Fargo, and hopefully you will have a good time tailgating before the game as well.

BisonHype!
December 3rd, 2012, 04:31 PM
Lucky 13's is a great place to go as well. Highly recommend you try them as well.

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2012, 04:33 PM
ecommend, The beefsteak club and Taste of Italy at the Avalon in downtown fargo, steaks and italian respectively.

Spitfire is terrible imo.

I am a fan of Missouri/Kan/Tx bbq myself, never had genuine Carolina Q.

Alpha T Dog
December 3rd, 2012, 04:33 PM
He's gonna need to break loose for a long gain if he's going to sniff that by the half, good luck with that guess.

Y'all ain't playing Prairie View A & M this week.

Southern Bison
December 3rd, 2012, 04:35 PM

Now frozen, why'd you have to go throw that into the mix? That's like slapping our Mamas and scratching our trucks. Being from the South, I can say this without being snarky. There is nothing better than Carolina pulled pork barbeque, mac & cheese, green bean casserole, hush puppies...damn! Now I'm getting hungry.

Southern Bison
December 3rd, 2012, 04:37 PM

Only place I've ever had sweet tea that far north is at a McDonalds and well...it was better than nothin'

Bisonforlife
December 3rd, 2012, 04:38 PM
A lesser known place but with great food is Cajun Cafe by the old Kmart on South University.

Southern Bison
December 3rd, 2012, 04:38 PM
Bless your hearts! y'all even attempt to fix bbq......if the sauce doesn't look like this it is not real bbq.

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/images/20100304-south-carolina-mustard-sauce.jpg

Get that mustard crap off the thread...if it's not vinegar-based, it's ****.

Alpha T Dog
December 3rd, 2012, 04:39 PM
Only place I've ever had sweet tea that far north is at a McDonalds and well...it was better than nothin'

True Dat.

deez_na
December 3rd, 2012, 04:39 PM
Y'all ain't playing Prairie View A & M this week.

Who said we were? Mr. Zenner was suppose to put up yards on us too and finished with 43 and 46 the 2 games he faced us. What makes you think Breitenstein is going to do any better?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 04:40 PM
Get that mustard crap off the thread...if it's not vinegar-based, it's ****.

That looks like something that was in my kid's diaper this afternoon.

FargoBison
December 3rd, 2012, 04:41 PM
I'm not sure some of my fellow Bison fans understand how hard it will be to hold Wofford under 150 yards. Running the ball is their plan A, B and C....they'll very likely run for more yards than anyone we have played this year. What the Bison need to do is limit the big play, own third/fourth down and create some turnovers.

I do think the Bison will win because they do those things I mentioned very well but Wofford is going to run for some yards...GSU ran for almost 190 on us last year.

Bisonforlife
December 3rd, 2012, 04:43 PM
I'm not sure how some of my fellow Bison fans understand how hard it will be to hold Wofford under 150 yards. Running the ball is their plan A, B and C....they'll very likely run for more yards than anyone we have played this year. What the Bison need to do is limit the big play, own third/fourth down and create some turnovers.

I do think the Bison will win because they do those things I mentioned very well but Wofford is going to run for some yards...GSU ran for almost 190.
This

Southern Bison
December 3rd, 2012, 04:43 PM
Psh, Nordeast or nothin!

http://youtu.be/jiFtHsLMVpQ

Bison56
December 3rd, 2012, 04:45 PM

xthumbsupx

Southern Bison
December 3rd, 2012, 04:49 PM
I'm not sure some of my fellow Bison fans understand how hard it will be to hold Wofford under 150 yards. Running the ball is their plan A, B and C....they'll very likely run for more yards than anyone we have played this year. What the Bison need to do is limit the big play, own third/fourth down and create some turnovers.

I do think the Bison will win because they do those things I mentioned very well but Wofford is going to run for some yards...GSU ran for almost 190 on us last year.

+10

You're exactly right. The key is not holding EB to 50 or 60 yds like we did with Zenner, the key is for us to keep them close to our season average total yds allowed of 197.5 yds/game*. Wofford, on the other hand, give up 309.58 yds/game.

*http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/stat/1AA-team-totaldef.htm

robsnotes4u
December 3rd, 2012, 04:52 PM
ecommend, The beefsteak club and Taste of Italy at the Avalon in downtown fargo, steaks and italian respectively.

Spitfire is terrible imo.

I am a fan of Missouri/Kan/Tx bbq myself, never had genuine Carolina Q.

I agree about Spitfire, but I have a friend that loves it. To each there own I guess.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 04:54 PM

This is where the distinct difference comes in . That defense ended the season with 118.7 ypg rushing and 315.9 ypg total against.

This year they are 67 ypg rushing and 197.5 ypg against. This defense is much, much better. Only twice this year has a team gained more than 100 yards on the ground.

Bison56
December 3rd, 2012, 04:54 PM
Any Worfford fans making the trip I hope its a safe one. And I hope you enjoy your time in Fargo!

FargoBison
December 3rd, 2012, 04:57 PM
I wouldn't recommend any Fargo BBQ place to anyone from the south...they just won't be impressed. If you want a good breakfast I would go to TNT and a lot of other people have mentioned other solid eating places. Doolittles is another that I like that I haven't seen mentioned.

I do like Spitfire, not saying it is bad but the standard BBQ is held to in Fargo vs other places is astronomically different.

DJKyR0
December 3rd, 2012, 04:57 PM
[QUOTE=robsnotes4u;1908404]

Lookin forward to hosting you in Fargo. Can't recommend JL Beers highly enough to out-of-towers, there's one just south of the downtown bar strip that is usually stop #1 for my friends and I when we go out. A whole bunch of legit bars just a couple blocks away if you're looking to really experience Fargo's nightlife. Shoot me a PM if you'd like my cell number, I'd be glad to play tour guide for you and show you how to have a good time before tailgating.

I'll address youngterrier's post here since I can't quote multiple posts on my phone, but I'll go ahead and assume that South Carolina prepared for the terriers much like we prepared for prairie view a&m. Tune-up game that wasn't worth the film time. If they taken you seriously breathe stein wouldn't have broken 50. Rest assured that you won't fly under NDSU's radar. That said, if you we're playin North Dakota, I'm sure he would put up 400 on the ground with about 7 TDs. Their defense is atrocious. Here's hoping your coaching staff is as bad at geography as some of their fans.

Southern Bison
December 3rd, 2012, 04:58 PM
One other bit of bad news for my fellow southerners planning on going to Fargo: NO WAFFLE HOUSE!

FargoBison
December 3rd, 2012, 04:59 PM
This is where the distinct difference comes in . That defense ended the season with 118.7 ypg rushing and 315.9 ypg total against.

This year they are 67 ypg rushing and 197.5 ypg against. This defense is much, much better. Only twice this year has a team gained more than 100 yards on the ground.

We've played only a few teams where multiple people on the field was a threat to run the ball and we've played no team that will run the ball 50+ times. Wofford will run for at least 165 yards but they'll need to approach 250 in order to win unless they catch the Bison off guard on a long passing play.

I'm not sure some understand what we are going up against. Like I said before the Bison do the right things well enough that I expect to win but to hold Wofford under 150 yards would take a monumental defensive effort.

terrierterror84
December 3rd, 2012, 04:59 PM
Lucky 13's is a great place to go as well. Highly recommend you try them as well.

thanks hype man!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 05:01 PM
One other bit of bad news for my fellow southerners planning on going to Fargo: NO WAFFLE HOUSE!

This. I do have Waffle Houses here. No Grain Belt Premium, but plenty of Waffle Houses

robsnotes4u
December 3rd, 2012, 05:02 PM
If you are looking for the best bison steak go to the Ho Do, it is amazing. Great elk steak, Maxwells in West Fargo.

marenlee
December 3rd, 2012, 05:04 PM

I had sweet tea at a McDonalds in North Dakota some where and had no idea you could screw up sweet tea that bad. Don't they share the same recipe? I wanted to cry.

Reign of Terrier
December 3rd, 2012, 05:05 PM
Honestly though, I can't really say how many times I've heard "well we average this many yards against us on defense so we will do will against the option" and then subsequently said team gets run up and down the field. Elon had the best defense in the conference in 2008, we had about three times as many yards as they had averaged giving up by halftime. UNI made the argument as well, granted UNI beat us but we helped them out with turnovers....otherwise we had close to 500 yards rushing.

Now, with that said, I don't think we'll run for that much yards, but it's not going to surprise me in the slightest if the option is harder for NDSU to beat than they think.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 05:07 PM
Honestly though, I can't really say how many times I've heard "well we average this many yards against us on defense so we will do will against the option" and then subsequently said team gets run up and down the field. Elon had the best defense in the conference in 2008, we had about three times as many yards as they had averaged giving up by halftime. UNI made the argument as well, granted UNI beat us but we helped them out with turnovers....otherwise we had close to 500 yards rushing.

Now, with that said, I don't think we'll run for that much yards, but it's not going to surprise me in the slightest if the option is harder for NDSU to beat than they think.

I thought that a year ago, then our coaches chewed it up and spit it out, twice. Now I feel pretty good about it.

Bison56
December 3rd, 2012, 05:07 PM
I had sweet tea at a McDonalds in North Dakota some where and had no idea you could screw up sweet tea that bad. Don't they share the same recipe? I wanted to cry.

xnodx

Bison56
December 3rd, 2012, 05:14 PM
Yes TNT has a good breakfast even Tom Hanks said so :) FYI it is not open Sunday's. And I would recommend Lucky 13 also, the sandwiches are huge!

BisonBohl
December 3rd, 2012, 05:14 PM
I doubt youngterrier.

xcoach2
December 3rd, 2012, 05:15 PM

You must have some solid alternatives though because there's no shortage of fatties in the Bison fanbase.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 3rd, 2012, 05:16 PM

Of course the TO will be hard for the NDSU defense. They do not see it at all. Wofford will get some yards on the ground but this defense is very good at adjustments.

I think you mentioned that if Wofford gets around 250 yds rushing they will win. IMO, it needs to be around 300 +.

You'll be surprised how many 3 and outs you're going to have.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 05:18 PM
You must have some solid alternatives though because there's no shortage of fatties in the Bison fanbase.

When Sam loses, will you disappear again? You only seem to pop up when they are in the playoffs so that should end soon.

Bison56
December 3rd, 2012, 05:21 PM

The tool returns until SHSU is done then he vanishes.

terrierterror84
December 3rd, 2012, 05:22 PM
just to add my worthless opinion to the previous thoughts on the GAME being played saturday (too bad there's not a B.S. filter on this forum)....
being a looooooong time wofford fan and watching them in person 90+ percent of their games over the past 20 years, i have to say that the terriers appear slow, undersized and simple minded in their offensive approach (this is to their advantage mostly). on both sides of the ball, year after year, wofford never "out athletes" anyone. watching the NDSU defense 3 times this year is proof positive that they're tremendous. i don't think it makes a hill of beans who you play but rather how you play. we should've beat fcs clemson and south carolina but that doesn't get us yards against the bison.

bottom line to me is simple...our defense is stubborn and can play with anyone. our offense has potential but has not played a complete game yet. if we don't fumble the game away we might have a shot to pull a stunner saturday but the bison are #1 for a damn good reason and to be the best....well, ya know...

terrierterror84
December 3rd, 2012, 05:22 PM

sorry, didn't mean to post that twice (damn pasting...)

terrierterror84
December 3rd, 2012, 05:24 PM
is TNT a buffet breakfast, country style, waffles & omelets, etc?????

Bison56
December 3rd, 2012, 05:24 PM
sorry, didn't mean to post that twice (damn pasting...)

It happens :D

Bison56
December 3rd, 2012, 05:26 PM

Its home cooking. Just a nice little family run resturant.

marenlee
December 3rd, 2012, 05:30 PM

Texas has 2 of the top 5 fattest cities in America. Just sayin' :D

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 05:36 PM

If you're a famous movie star, they will open up early for you.

http://www.wday.com/media/full/jpg/2012/08/18/tom-hanks-in-tnt-diner.jpg

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2012, 05:36 PM

seriously, at what latitude do they not allow that place?

DJKyR0
December 3rd, 2012, 05:38 PM

It looks like coach fritz is giving an invisible blowjob in your profile pic.

citdog
December 3rd, 2012, 05:40 PM

http://moderndistraction.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/woooo.jpg

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 05:40 PM

This appears to be the current footprint.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Maps/WaffleHouselocationsbystate.png

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 05:41 PM
http://moderndistraction.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/woooo.jpg

Richard Flehr, grew up in Minnesota.

Southern Bison
December 3rd, 2012, 05:42 PM

citdog
December 3rd, 2012, 05:42 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Maps/WaffleHouselocationsbystate.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faMZeh_vmVU

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2012, 05:44 PM

is that the Republican won electoral map as well?

Southern Bison
December 3rd, 2012, 05:48 PM
is that the Republican won electoral map as well?

Close...except for all the dead that vote in Chicago and the Black Panther Party hanging out by Philidelphia voting locations.

marenlee
December 3rd, 2012, 06:12 PM

Where I live in Kingsland, GA there are 2 waffle houses within 300 yards of each other on the same raod, and another one a mile down the SAME road.

No_Skill
December 3rd, 2012, 06:22 PM
Where I live in Kingsland, GA there are 2 waffle houses within 300 yards of each other on the same raod, and another one a mile down the SAME road.

Yeah, sure...but where do you go to get a good Fleischkuekle?

bisonwest
December 3rd, 2012, 06:28 PM

It's the same stuff no matter where you go. The machine was probably putting out too much/little concentrated product from the box. They are certainly not in the back brewing the stuff. Their sweet tea sucks anyway.

darell1976
December 3rd, 2012, 06:59 PM
Yeah, sure...but where do you go to get a good Fleischkuekle?

Krolls Diner in Fargo.

344Johnson
December 3rd, 2012, 07:12 PM
Krolls Diner in Fargo.

Krolls does make it pretty good. Too bad the knephla there is an absolute joke and insult to my intelligence they think they can call it that.

BisonBabe
December 3rd, 2012, 07:14 PM

Many of us NDSU fans are getting together at Buffalo Wild Wings on 19th Ave N on Friday (just north of the FargoDome). If you come out there you will meet many who will also more than welcome you to join them at tailgating on Saturday.

citdog
December 3rd, 2012, 07:16 PM
Many of us NDSU fans are getting together at Buffalo Wild Wings on 19th Ave N on Friday (just north of the FargoDome). If you come out there you will meet many who will also more than welcome you to join them at tailgating on Saturday.

she'll have on pants and swag a dress.

AmsterBison
December 3rd, 2012, 07:26 PM

Wherever there are fire ants...

BTW, they have Wofford's two deep up on gobison.com... some big fellas on the lines! Not what I expected from an option team.

terrierterror84
December 3rd, 2012, 07:43 PM

thank ya maam....we might just head that way Friday.

BisonBabe
December 3rd, 2012, 07:45 PM
thank ya maam....we might just head that way Friday.

PM me if you do and I will get you my cell number.

SUPharmacist
December 3rd, 2012, 07:46 PM
Psh, Nordeast or nothin!

Nordeast>Premium, but it's only fun in NE Mpls (though at this point Schell's in New Ulm makes it). It's been awhile since I've been back to Fargo, can you get any of the good new MN beers like Indeed or Flat Earth.

Back to the matter at hand, Wofford is good but the bison will keep them to ~150 yards rushing IMO. Assuming Brock isn't in a pick 6 mood it should be enough.

xcoach2
December 3rd, 2012, 07:51 PM

The way Bison fans conduct themselves on this board is embarrassing. Who'd want to hand out with a bunch of dorks that turn every conversation into a junk measuring contest? Worst little-man's syndrome fanbase in the country.

Thundar
December 3rd, 2012, 07:57 PM
The way Bison fans conduct themselves on this board is embarrassing. Who'd want to hand out with a bunch of dorks that turn every conversation into a junk measuring contest? Worst little-man's syndrome fanbase in the country.

The way 90% of the fans conduct themselves is embarrassing, but it's the way your players conducted themselves in the title game last year that you should worry about, flipping people off, spitting etc...our fans may have some attitudes but our players lose with class and win with, maybe you should find some to

As for the Wofford fans making the trip I guarantee you will have a way different opinion when you leave, ask GSU, JMU, and Lehigh fans

AmsterBison
December 3rd, 2012, 07:57 PM

Does this mean you won't be in Frisco early in 2013?

BisonBohl
December 3rd, 2012, 07:58 PM
Yall talk to much...75 pages geezzzzzzzzzzzzz.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 07:59 PM
Can't hear you from up here. Maybe you should find a stool to stand on.

Don't worry, he's only here as long as Sam is in the playoffs.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 08:01 PM
The way 90% of the fans conduct themselves is embarrassing, but it's the way your players conducted themselves in the title game last year that you should worry about, flipping people off, spitting etc...our fans may have some attitudes but our players lose with class and win with, maybe you should find some to

As for the Wofford fans making the trip I guarantee you will have a way different opinion when you leave, ask GSU, JMU, and Lehigh fans

I have no idea to what you are referring.

http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/images/11/2012/01/xlarge_ec9db65ae398dbb73ca7e40cc6ecf0f3.jpg

BisonBabe
December 3rd, 2012, 08:06 PM

I was always taught that if I had nothing good to say about something to keep my mouth shut. That is all I have to say to you sir.

xcoach2
December 3rd, 2012, 08:06 PM
I have no idea to what you are referring.

http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/images/11/2012/01/xlarge_ec9db65ae398dbb73ca7e40cc6ecf0f3.jpg

That kid really doesn't like election frauders apparently.

xcoach2
December 3rd, 2012, 08:09 PM
I was always taught that if I had nothing good to say about something to keep my mouth shut. That is all I have to say to you sir.

Wait, you disagree with me? I realize you're like the 1% that isn't a problem, but for the most part, the Bison fanbase (on AGS) is exactly as I described. Bison fans make Alabama fans look like a rational fanbase.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 08:09 PM
That kid really doesn't like election frauders apparently.

Or getting his dick knocked in the dirt I'll bet. That field was nice and soft on the feet, by the way. I'd have told ya about it but you went into witness protection after the game.

Eaglesrus
December 3rd, 2012, 08:10 PM

I had a great time sharing the table there with you and Swag last year, BB! Still don't know how we managed to stumble into the right tailgate the next day, but sure glad we did.