PDA

View Full Version : Wofford vs North Dakota State

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Gaterrier
December 2nd, 2012, 05:04 PM
NDSU's defense will not completely shut down Wofford's TO but they are not going to run for 400 + like they did against UNH. GSU ran for 186, I think, against the Bison.

IMO, Wofford needs to run for 300 + yards to win. I do not think they will get close to that.

Can't do it. That 300 yards seems way outta reach.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2012, 05:05 PM
Oh, and our video board is bigger! Ha!

I don't doubt that. Not as many seats taking up room.

Gaterrier
December 2nd, 2012, 05:06 PM
And, by the way, Wofford does have a passing game. We call it pitch left, pitch right.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2012, 05:08 PM
NDSU's defense will not completely shut down Wofford's TO but they are not going to run for 400 + like they did against UNH. GSU ran for 186, I think, against the Bison.

IMO, Wofford needs to run for 300 + yards to win. I do not think they will get close to that.

That was last year's defense. This years defense is giving up 197.5 ypg TOTAL.

2000 yd rusher Zach Zenner managed less than 100 yds total in 2 games against the Bison.

Gaterrier
December 2nd, 2012, 05:08 PM
I don't doubt that. Not as many seats taking up room.

Our in-stadium ski slopes are better.

We have more room to move around.

Our dome is retractable.

:D

PaladinFan
December 2nd, 2012, 05:09 PM

It begins and ends with Britenstein. The guy is an absolute horse. Good lateral movement and a bruising runner. Quite possibly the best running back in the FCS.

Some might call him a "system back" because he is in an option offense. Let me assure you that any team in the country would hand that kid the ball 20+ times a game regardless of their scheme. If NDSU stops Britenstien, they stop Wofford. Really as simple as that.

IBleedYellow
December 2nd, 2012, 05:12 PM
Alright, all of you people are calling NDSU fans cocky. I prefer to say we are confident. In the playoffs, only one team has shown that they were able to score on us. That was EWU back in 2010. Until someone shows up our defense, we will continue to have confidence in our defense. I have the utmost respect for any competition that we play, I just can't wait until they meet our defense, because I LOVE watching our defense while they are on the field. Especially in the Fargodome.
In the end, the games HAVE to be played. I can't wait for Saturday! You all have a great week, I will go back to lurking now.

FargoBison
December 2nd, 2012, 05:13 PM
Still think a lot of people discount NDSU's offense. That OL is big and solid....we have two solid backs and plus a QB that can run and can make some plays with his arm. Last year all anyone wanted to talk about was how NDSU would stop GSU's option and what ended up happening was NDSU running all over GSU and their manbearpig.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2012, 05:13 PM
It begins and ends with Britenstein. The guy is an absolute horse. Good lateral movement and a bruising runner. Quite possibly the best running back in the FCS.

Some might call him a "system back" because he is in an option offense. Let me assure you that any team in the country would hand that kid the ball 20+ times a game regardless of their scheme. If NDSU stops Britenstien, they stop Wofford. Really as simple as that.

I like that he's a Payton finalist. NDSU feasted on 2 of the 3 Payton finalists last year.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2012, 05:17 PM
Still think a lot of people discount NDSU's offense. That OL is big and solid....we have two solid backs and plus a QB that can run and can make some plays with his arm. Last year all anyone wanted to talk about was how NDSU would stop GSU's option and what ended up happening was NDSU running all over GSU and their manbearpig.

Agree

We ran for 314 on GSU.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2012, 05:22 PM
Agree

We ran for 314 on GSU.

Wofford is giving up 315 ypg and 16.83 ppg

NDSU is giving up 197 ypg and 11 ppg.

Dome field for 3 pts and it looks like at least a TD advantage.

68ndsuBISONfan
December 2nd, 2012, 05:41 PM
Just remember that you have to take a knee in the end zone, if you don't plan on returning the kick off out of the end zone.

Mike ayers
December 2nd, 2012, 05:46 PM
Just remember that you have to take a knee in the end zone, if you don't plan on returning the kick off out of the end zone.

I just assumed your kicker would be so great it wouldbe 20 rows deep in the stands

theasushow
December 2nd, 2012, 05:52 PM
I just assumed your kicker would be so great it wouldbe 20 rows deep in the stands

their kicker regularly hits 65 yard field goals blindfolded. duh.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2012, 05:53 PM
their kicker regularly hits 65 yard field goals blindfolded. duh.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/346/969638-cool_story__bro_super.jpg

NDB
December 2nd, 2012, 05:55 PM

somebody better tell Shaman Washington!

theasushow
December 2nd, 2012, 05:58 PM
Now this image is permeated in my head and whenever i see a post from you, this is what ill picture u looking like.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2012, 05:59 PM
Now this image is permeated in my head and whenever i see a post from you, this is what ill picture u looking like.

Funny, I can't tell you ASU guys apart.

Mike ayers
December 2nd, 2012, 06:04 PM
Funny, I can't tell you ASU guys apart.

You guys have weird senses of humor

theasushow
December 2nd, 2012, 06:06 PM
You guys have weird senses of humor

LOL i was just gonna leave it alone...but I see you couldnt resist.

dungeonjoe
December 2nd, 2012, 06:11 PM
GSU runs the TO correct? We held them to 7 points last year in the playoffs when they were the best offense in the nation I believe. So I think our coaching staff has a pretty good handle on how to defense it.
Some are accusing Wofford fans of being butbama or butUSC. Is this a case of butGSU?

dungeonjoe
December 2nd, 2012, 06:12 PM
LOL

It is only Sunday.......
Yeah and the GSU comparisons are flowing!

Mike ayers
December 2nd, 2012, 06:13 PM
Some are accusing Wofford fans of being butbama or butUSC. Is this a case of butGSU?

I am glad you went with only one t.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2012, 06:13 PM

Nope this is a case of been there, done that. The buttBama crowd thought that game mattered, looks like it didn't. The butt-whatever you want to call SC will find out that game doesn't matter either.

Nothing new under the sun for the Bison.

dungeonjoe
December 2nd, 2012, 06:16 PM
Cupcake week
At least you are self-describing.

Mike ayers
December 2nd, 2012, 06:16 PM
Nope this is a case of been there, done that. The buttBama crowd thought that game mattered, looks like it didn't. The butt-whatever you want to call SC will find out that game doesn't matter either.

Two t 's.

dungeonjoe
December 2nd, 2012, 06:20 PM
We got another buttBama on our hands!

Like we told the GSU folks, those people didn't care one way or the other who or what you were.

---------

Looks like I found my Wofford fans!
Yeah, we'll take your butbama and raise you like-a-GSu. Same tune different words.

dungeonjoe
December 2nd, 2012, 06:21 PM
Wow I complimented Wofford on playing well in a hostile environment last year and you cheap shot ASU. IF ASU is like a southern baptist church then i hate to ask what Wofford is like...
That would be a Methodist church, thank you. No snakes.

dungeonjoe
December 2nd, 2012, 06:25 PM
I like that he's a Payton finalist. NDSU feasted on 2 of the 3 Payton finalists last year.
#butlastyearspayton

Mike ayers
December 2nd, 2012, 06:26 PM
#butlastyearspayton

Ha. Now trending on twitter

dungeonjoe
December 2nd, 2012, 06:27 PM
Our in-stadium ski slopes are better.

We have more room to move around.

Our dome is retractable.

:D
We are more patriotic. Our American flag is bigger. We have army rangers parachuting through our retractable Les Nesmann dome delivering game balls. booom!

dungeonjoe
December 2nd, 2012, 06:28 PM
Agree

We ran for 314 on GSU.ooh, another butGSU.

dungeonjoe
December 2nd, 2012, 06:33 PM

Been there done that works two ways, bubba. I cannot tell you how many times Wofford has been dismissed because of their size or their scheme. Funny thing is those teams that take us for granted either wind up with an L or a very hard earned victory. Compare us to GSU (now that is funny if you know our history) or Lehigh or whoever. Overlook us at your own hubris-filled risk.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2012, 06:36 PM
ooh, another butGSU.

LOL...go with that buddy.

We'll see on saturday.

Bison win: 31-6

Mike ayers
December 2nd, 2012, 06:39 PM

We'll see on saturday.

Wofford 24. ND. 7

theasushow
December 2nd, 2012, 06:40 PM

We'll see on saturday.

Impulse post.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2012, 06:40 PM
Been there done that works two ways, bubba. I cannot tell you how many times Wofford has been dismissed because of their size or their scheme. Funny thing is those teams that take us for granted either wind up with an L or a very hard earned victory. Compare us to GSU (now that is funny if you know our history) or Lehigh or whoever. Overlook us at your own hubris-filled risk.

I'm basically going to dismiss you all week. That's just me.

Who won't be overlooking Wofford? Craig Bohl. If there is one adjective/verb that everyone has after every Bison win, it's "outcoached"

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2012, 06:41 PM
Wofford 24. ND. 7

I don't doubt that Wofford could beat ND by that much. Don't you wish you could be playing them this weekend?

swaghook
December 2nd, 2012, 06:42 PM
Coach Bohl was at NDSU as an assistant coach when NDSU ran the veer option he knows a thing or two about option football and what it's strengths and weaknesses are. I put my faith in his ability to game plan a defensive scheme to limit Wofford's production from the Triple O. It's the play offs the team and coaches do not have the luxury of taking any team lightly they will prepare for the game just as they have for every other team they have faced. It will come down to the ability of the team to execute the plan, and in that I have faith in the Bison to do just that.

Mike ayers
December 2nd, 2012, 06:43 PM
I don't doubt that Wofford could beat ND by that much. Don't you wish you could be playing them this weekend?

You ND people are sensitive

darell1976
December 2nd, 2012, 06:43 PM
Wofford 24. NDSU. 7

FIFY.

Mike ayers
December 2nd, 2012, 06:45 PM
FIFY.

I agree wofford 24. ND 7

swaghook
December 2nd, 2012, 06:45 PM
FIFY.

Would you stand by that fix if money were riding on it? xeyebrowx

ElCid
December 2nd, 2012, 06:48 PM
I am thinking we should start playing word bingo with the ND, I mean ND St bubbas.

"One dimensional" "Scheme" "Fargo Dome" "ButtBama" and my favorite, "look what we did to GaSO last year" Ok that last one isn't a word, but you get the picture. Bingo!

Normally I would love to see the Mutts get beat as they have been our nemesis the last decade, but SOCON pride has me routing hard for them after reading some of the comments by the Bovine bubbas.

Go Terriers! Do us all a favor and please beat them.

darell1976
Would you stand by that fix if money were riding on it? xeyebrowx

I fixed his ND to NDSU. We are ND, you are NDSU remember.

theasushow
Are people no longer allowed to pick who they think will win without "putting money on it"?

BisonBohl
December 2nd, 2012, 06:49 PM
I doubt Wofford.

aces1180
December 2nd, 2012, 06:49 PM

Thank God for that.

darell1976
December 2nd, 2012, 06:50 PM

I doubt it...the score would be a lot higher for Wofford on our **** defense.

Mike ayers
I doubt Wofford.

I doubt ND

darell1976
Thank God for that.

Right back at you.

FargoBison
December 2nd, 2012, 06:51 PM
NDSU 31
Wofford 17

dungeonjoe
December 2nd, 2012, 06:51 PM
I'm basically going to dismiss you all week. That's just me.

Who won't be overlooking Wofford? Craig Bohl. If there is one adjective/verb that everyone has after every Bison win, it's "outcoached"
Yes, it is easy to dismiss when you are in denial. It works easier for you that way doesn't it. The difference between us that I am willing to concede my team could lose. I would say you aren't.

swaghook
December 2nd, 2012, 06:52 PM

Just checking. Might think you had completely lost your marbles(I think you are short one or so already considering your choice of teams. :p ) if you were backing the score as well.

FargoBison
I doubt ND

I have my doubts about Notre Dame as well.

BisonBohl
I doubt ND

I see what you did there. Nice joke, you think of it all by yourself?

Bison Fan in NW MN
Wofford 24. ND. 7

LOL...you serious!

I watched the Wofford/UNH game....no way!

Mike ayers
December 2nd, 2012, 06:53 PM
I see what you did there. Nice joke, you think of it all by yourself?

No

aces1180
December 2nd, 2012, 06:54 PM
North Dakota State 27
Wofford 9

james_lawfirm
December 2nd, 2012, 06:55 PM
My point is, there are many instances in which ASU has shut down an option team one year, and then the next got its tale beat.

I absolutely knew you would say something once I brought up ASU because you have this weird infatuation as to why I don't suck ASU's collective dick as a football team and it's predictable as well as annoying

What a complete *** you are. Collective dick? Now, there's an interesting concept.

You can kiss my collective ***. Right before the moderator deletes some or all of this here thread.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2012, 06:56 PM
I am thinking we should start playing word bingo with the ND, I mean ND St bubbas.

"One dimensional" "Scheme" "Fargo Dome" "ButtBama" and my favorite, "look what we did to GaSO last year" Ok that last one isn't a word, but you get the picture. Bingo!

Normally I would love to see the Mutts get beat as they have been our nemesis the last decade, but SOCON pride has me routing hard for them after reading some of the comments by the Bovine bubbas.

...coming from a redneck like yourself....

james_lawfirm
December 2nd, 2012, 06:58 PM
FWIW, I think Wofford will win this next game.

However, this thread appears to be a side competition to determine once and for all who has the most obnoxious fans. Too close to call.

Flame away.

Mike ayers
December 2nd, 2012, 06:58 PM

However, this thread appears to be a side competition to determine once and for all who has the most obnoxious fans. Too close to call.

Flame away.

I'm in it to win it

FargoBison
December 2nd, 2012, 06:59 PM
Well all we need is for the Bison fans to start arguing with UND fans and this thread will be a complete and total trainwreck.

Mike ayers
December 2nd, 2012, 07:00 PM
Well now all we now need is for the Bison fans to start arguing with UND fans and this thread will be a complete and total trainwreck.

I don't understand how this would work?

swaghook
December 2nd, 2012, 07:00 PM
Are people no longer allowed to pick who they think will win without "putting money on it"?

People are free to pick who ever they wish to win. The difference between saying "so and so" will win based on ones hopes and wishes is easy when it has no monetary value connected to it but when money is involved people tend to be more rational with their choice. I was just wondering if he truly believed that Wofford will win and by that margin.

Professor Chaos
December 2nd, 2012, 07:01 PM
I don't understand how this would work?
Keep thinking, it may hurt but you might get it after a few hours.

darell1976
December 2nd, 2012, 07:02 PM
Well now all we now need is for the Bison fans to start arguing with UND fans and this thread will be a complete and total trainwreck.

Its only Sunday.xlolx

citdog
December 2nd, 2012, 07:04 PM
...coming from a redneck like yourself....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__kQX12S9YI

swaghook
December 2nd, 2012, 07:04 PM
What's the over/under of this one having more posts then the NDSU vs SDSU thread?

Professor Chaos
December 2nd, 2012, 07:05 PM
What's the over/under of this one having more posts then the NDSU vs SDSU thread?
It'll beat that easily. At this rate it may challenge the NDSU/GSU thread.

aces1180
December 2nd, 2012, 07:05 PM
Well all we need is for the Bison fans to start arguing with UND fans and this thread will be a complete and total trainwreck.

Their resident troll is already trying...

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2012, 07:06 PM

You got your *** kicked....get over it.

dungeonjoe

Flame away.
Darn it, I was hoping our small liberal arts school with limited facilities and a short history in Division 1 would push us over the edge. I am sure we could get Bernie Dunlap to give us the Greek root for the word obnoxious.

Man, I am just trying to have a little fun here by busting some balloons. I will quit flaming... Unless I hear "one dimensional" or just like GSU again. xthumbsupx

Mike ayers

You want to put money on it

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2012, 07:08 PM

It's so adorable to see all you teams who haven't won anything sticking together. It must burn your asses to see a team come in and win it all so quickly.

dungeonjoe
December 2nd, 2012, 07:09 PM
You boys have done it now. You insulted the honor of the wrong South Carolinian. He will pull a Charles Sumner style caning on you...

aces1180
December 2nd, 2012, 07:10 PM
ButtJMU, ButtLehigh, ButtGSU, ButtSHSU, ButtSDSU...For those fans who don't have much of the book learning, let me show you the common theme.

Those are all teams who were going to destroy NDSU in the last two years of FCS playoffs...

However, unlike ButtBama or ButtCocks, they were not moral victories, but actual victories

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2012, 07:11 PM
You boys have done it now. You insulted the honor of the wrong South Carolinian. He will pull a Charles Sumner style caning on you...

LOL....he is the biggest racist SOB on this board.

swaghook
You want to put money on it

It's a joke. I would think most all understood that. It will blow by the NDSU vs SDSU thread count easily with all the SoCon posters besides those from Wofford adding to the count along with the NDSU fans and a few others chipping in for good measure. But it's all good just means this game has generated interest amongst the posters of AGS.

dungeonjoe
It's so adorable to see all you teams who haven't won anything sticking together. It must burn your asses to see a team come in and win it all so quickly.
What's adorable is to see how most of the world recognizes arrogance and hubris when they see it.

darell1976
ButtJMU, ButtLehigh, ButtGSU, ButtSHSU, ButtSDSU...For those fans who don't have much of the book learning, let me show you the common theme.

Those are all teams who were going to destroy NDSU in the last two years of FCS playoffs...

However, unlike ButtBama or ButtCocks, they were not moral victories, but actual victories

xlolx

Mike ayers
December 2nd, 2012, 07:13 PM
It's a joke. I would think most all understood that. It will blow by the NDSU vs SDSU thread count easily with all the SoCon posters besides those from Wofford adding to the count along with the NDSU fans and a few others chipping in for good measure. But it's all good just means this game has generated interest amongst the posters of AGS.

I like you

dungeonjoe
December 2nd, 2012, 07:14 PM
I am assuming you are joking as I was. He may be many things. He is also my friend.

FargoBison
December 2nd, 2012, 07:14 PM
Yes NDSU beat GSU, a team that runs the triple option but NDSU has beaten 25 other teams and has won a national title over that same timeframe. I don't think we need to point to one game as to why we are confident in winning this one game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2012, 07:15 PM
I am assuming you are joking as I was. He may be many things. He is also my friend.

Friend or not....go read his crap in the political thread.

Sad

dungeonjoe
December 2nd, 2012, 07:17 PM

However, unlike ButtBama or ButtCocks, they were not moral victories, but actual victories you are right just as no one can compare past defeats with future games you can't compare past victories with future games. What is good for the bison is good for the terrier.

dungeonjoe
December 2nd, 2012, 07:18 PM
Yes NDSU beat GSU, a team that runs the triple option but NDSU has beaten 25 other teams and has won a national title over that same timeframe. I don't think we need to point to one game as to why we are confident in winning this one game.
Well, a number of your fan base is doing just that.

swaghook
December 2nd, 2012, 07:20 PM

Sad

Let's not turn this thread into personal attacks on individual posters. And there is a reason there is a separate board for politics let's keep the subjects to their respective boards because some but not all even bother to go to that board on here. Politics & Religion are 2 subjects that do not have an end to the differing opinions at least with the subject matter of this thread it will be laid to rest come Saturday.

dungeonjoe
December 2nd, 2012, 07:20 PM

Sad
His politics are different than yours and I would bet mine. But it would be a very dull place if we only had friends that agreed with us 100% of the time.

dungeonjoe
December 2nd, 2012, 07:22 PM
Let's not turn this thread into personal attacks on individual posters. And there is a reason there is a separate board for politics let's keep the subjects to their respective boards because some but not all even bother to go to that board on here. Politics & Religion are 2 subjects that do not have an end to the differing opinions at least with the subject matter of this thread it will be laid to rest come Saturday.
At the risk of provoking Bison ire, BINGO! That is one thing I love about sports.

BisonBabe
December 2nd, 2012, 07:22 PM

Sad

Political & Religious views should not be held against anyone. We all have the right to believe and feel the way we do. Also the political board has no bearing on this thread.

BisonBohl
December 2nd, 2012, 07:24 PM
Wonder how the southern boys will handle a full house at the dome. Going to be a little different then 8k at the Gibb.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2012, 07:26 PM
Wonder how the southern boys will handle a full house at the dome. Going to be a little different then 8k at the Gibb.

Oh they were in South Carolina, the Fargodome will be a cake walk.

dungeonjoe
December 2nd, 2012, 07:27 PM
I could point to history, but I burned that bridge. We will be prepared as we can be.

dungeonjoe
December 2nd, 2012, 07:28 PM
Oh they were in South Carolina, the Fargodome will be a cake walk.
You said it, I didn't. xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2012, 07:28 PM
Political & Religious views should not be held against anyone. We all have the right to believe and feel the way we do. Also the political board has no bearing on this thread.

Believe what you want, it is some of the most racist crap I have read.

Mike ayers
December 2nd, 2012, 07:30 PM

It's not going to be as fun picking at you NDguys if we don't change the subject

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2012, 07:32 PM
You said it, I didn't. xlolx

I'm actually pretty glad the ODU/GSU game is on ESPN. I want to see the next team coming to the dome.

BullDog85
December 2nd, 2012, 07:32 PM
Going by the rushing defense per game stats:
Wofford is 4-2 against the top 100 teams in the FCS with both loses at away games.

The toughest rushing defense they faced in the FCS was GSU (Wofford lost that game) who gives up 130 ypg compared to just 67 for NDSU.
The rat dogs faced two of the top 4 rushing offences in FCS that run more than 300ypg so that'll skew their numbers. They also played SEC South Carolina and were tied with them going into the 4th qtr.

Gaterrier
December 2nd, 2012, 07:44 PM

Yep. The SoCon is full of losers. You got us ND.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2012, 07:47 PM
Yep. The SoCon is full of losers.

Riding the coattails of ASU and GSU? That's cute.

Mike ayers
December 2nd, 2012, 07:48 PM
Riding the coattails of ASU and GSU? That's cute.

Why is everything cute and adorable with you? It's weird

dungeonjoe
December 2nd, 2012, 07:49 PM
The rat dogs faced two of the top 4 rushing offences in FCS that run more than 300ypg so that'll skew their numbers. They also played SEC South Carolina and were tied with them going into the 4th qtr. those facts don't fit their reality, dog. It's ok for them to look at a past opponent. Others not so much.

dungeonjoe
December 2nd, 2012, 07:52 PM
I'm actually pretty glad the ODU/GSU game is on ESPN. I want to see the next team coming to the dome.
Why? It will only make you think of a past opponent or what happened against them last year. Why bother with the new when the old fits you so well. I thought Southerners worshipped the past. You take it to another (past) level.

BisonBabe
December 2nd, 2012, 07:54 PM
I for one look forward to the game on Saturday. I never look past the current week although I dream of TX in January :)

Both teams will be preparing all week and ready for the game. Advantage to the NDSU players as they don't have to travel and will be able to sleep in their own beds.

We fans can puff our chests out all week but in the end the game will be decided by the players on the field. May it be a clean game where the Zebras do not impact the game with erroneous calls. Also I hope that there are no serious injuries for either team. This is a very physical game but in the end these are young men and I would hate to see any of them have a life altering injury from playing a game.

Bison56
December 2nd, 2012, 07:56 PM
I love reading these boards! So glad I found these last year. Too bad I always piss myself from laughing.

I love all you!
xlmaox

BisonBohl
December 2nd, 2012, 07:58 PM
To all the Wofford fans that make the trip to Fargo, be sure to stop the tailgate lots!

Mike ayers
I love reading these boards! So glad I found these last year. Too bad I always piss myself from laughing.

I love all you!
xlmaox

It's like you are typing what Im thinking

NoDak 4 Ever
I for one look forward to the game on Saturday. I never look past the current week although I dream of TX in January :)

Both teams will be preparing all week and ready for the game. Advantage to the NDSU players as they don't have to travel and will be able to sleep in their own beds.

We fans can puff our chests out all week but in the end the game will be decided by the players on the field. May it be a clean game where the Zebras do not impact the game with erroneous calls. Also I hope that there are no serious injuries for either team. This is a very physical game but in the end these are young men and I would hate to see any of them have a life altering injury from playing a game.

I plan on it! :D

ElCid
December 2nd, 2012, 08:04 PM
The rat dogs faced two of the top 4 rushing offences in FCS that run more than 300ypg so that'll skew their numbers. They also played SEC South Carolina and were tied with them going into the 4th qtr.

Sorry 85 brother, you must have missed the NDSU mantra of Bamabutt and SCbutt line they are posting. The fact that they have never played anyone on the SEC level is irrelevant. They are a good team but they fail to see that there are plenty of good teams as evidenced by Wofford's performance against the Gamecocks.

swaghook
December 2nd, 2012, 08:07 PM
We fans can puff our chests out all week.

Some just have bigger chests then others. xsmiley_wix

citdog
December 2nd, 2012, 08:07 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGAsZyWbIoc

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2012, 08:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGAsZyWbIoc

LOL...You just keep proving my point!

Keep your intelligent posts coming...

No_Skill
December 2nd, 2012, 08:11 PM
It'd be nice if this thread has some actual football talk in it...but this is fun too, I guess.

Mike ayers
December 2nd, 2012, 08:14 PM
LOL...You just keep proving my point!

Keep your intelligent posts coming...

I guess we are back to this. It's almost 9:30 in the time zone that matters so I'm out for the night. I will see you ND folks Tom.

Drblankstare
December 2nd, 2012, 08:15 PM
It'd be nice if this thread has some actual football talk in it...but this is fun too, I guess.

neverxslapfightx

Professor Chaos
It'll be interesting to see whether or not Wofford continues their propensity to go for it on 4th down. I was surprised to see them go for it on 4th and short from their own 45 in the first drive against UNH. The announcers mentioned that they've gone for it on 4th down 20+ times this year. In a game that will most likely be a field position battle in a hostile environment they could really swing momentum against themselves by gambling on 4th down.

I hope they continue the trend because NDSU's defense has shown a knack for making big 4th down stops.

I was also very impressed with Wofford's defensive line watching the UNH game, NDSU's offensive line will need to play another game like they did against SDSU if they're going to have a consistent offensive game.

citdog

you only feel that way because you're an ignorant tool who blindly believes what your high school history teacher taught you. you cannot grasp the real issue, so focused you are on waving the bloody shirt, which is the States are SOVEREIGNS and enjoy the remedy of secession. even for abhorrent reasons. you see secession and read SLAVERY.

dungeonjoe
December 2nd, 2012, 08:18 PM
I want to thank all of you for your indulgence for my combative flaming on this board. It was fun and a good distraction. I bear no ill feelings toward the bison fans. I think the game will be closer than we think. It will soon be time for me to get back to my day job and I won't have time to be here as I have today. Ya'll take care...

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2012, 08:19 PM
you only feel that way because you're an ignorant tool who blindly believes what your high school history teacher taught you. you cannot grasp the real issue, so focused you are on waving the bloody shirt, which is the States are SOVEREIGNS and enjoy the remedy of secession. even for abhorrent reasons. you see secession and read SLAVERY.

WHO ****IN CARES?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2756/4441741044_ee9f9d99f5_o.jpg

millwoga1
December 2nd, 2012, 08:19 PM
It'll be interesting to see whether or not Wofford continues their propensity to go for it on 4th down. I was surprised to see them go for it on 4th and short from their own 45 in the first drive against UNH. The announcers mentioned that they've gone for it on 4th down 20+ times this year. In a game that will most likely be a field position battle and a hostile environment they could really swing momentum against themselves by gambling on 4th down.

Real football talk not allowed in this thread. ayers will go for it if he genuinely thinks he can make it,no matter where they are on field

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2012, 08:20 PM
I want to thank all of you for your indulgence for my combative flaming on this board. It was fun and a good distraction. I bear no ill feelings toward the bison fans. I think the game will be closer than we think. It will soon be time for me to get back to my day job and I won't have time to be here as I have today. Ya'll take care...

Pity, my day job lets me do this as much as I want. I'll be here all week!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2012, 08:21 PM

Continue to prove my point.....LOL

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2012, 08:23 PM
Real football talk not allowed in this thread. ayers will go for it if he genuinely thinks he can make it,no matter where they are on field

Wofford's 4th down conversion % is 59

So it looks like Ayers is wrong almost half the time.

citdog
December 2nd, 2012, 08:25 PM
Continue to prove my point.....LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrcM5exDxcc

millwoga1
December 2nd, 2012, 08:25 PM
Wofford's 4th down conversion % is 59

So it looks like Ayers is wrong almost half the time.

If that's the way u see it

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2012, 08:27 PM
If that's the way u see it

I can only compare it to NDSU's 4th down conversion percentage.

13 of 16 81%

Bohl's got balls, and brains.

AppState
December 2nd, 2012, 08:28 PM
Pity, my day job lets me do this as much as I want. I'll be here all week!

You work at Best Buy?

theasushow
December 2nd, 2012, 08:36 PM
You work at Best Buy?

HA! that kid hadn't worked a day in his life. he sits on AGS all day doin the knuckle shuffle.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2012, 08:39 PM
HA! that kid hadn't worked a day in his life. day job=unemployed.

Even better, I work an IT job that lets me stay home on a laptop with my 2 year old so my wife can finish her PhD.

True story.

citdog
December 2nd, 2012, 08:42 PM
Even better, I work an IT job that lets me stay home on a laptop with my 2 year old so my wife can finish her PhD.

True story.

so you're a woman? did you hyphenate your last name or just take hers?

keller625
December 2nd, 2012, 08:44 PM
woff please win, this site is going to explode with another ndsu gsu thread

swaghook
December 2nd, 2012, 08:46 PM
woff please win, this site is going to explode with another ndsu gsu thread

We'll cross that bridge when both teams make it across their current respective bridges.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2012, 08:47 PM

You're a real charmer, aren't you?

citdog
December 2nd, 2012, 08:50 PM
You're a real charmer, aren't you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IiaEcB9oIM

Wofford Oaks
December 2nd, 2012, 08:54 PM
So here's the brutal truth about Wofford's offense. We are not slow generally, just at QB, which has been a significant handicap all season. Despite Breitenstein's chase for the Payton Award, this is one of the weakest offenses we've fielded in years, and against the better defenses on our schedule, we have struggled to score. For heaven's sake, we've been starting a walk-on third-string QB for the past month, though I must admit that it is debatable whether there's much difference between him and the first stringer. The bottomline about how unproductive our QBs have been this season: last year, our senior QB had rushed for over 850 yards going into the third round of the playoffs; this year at the same point in the season, all three of our QBs have combined for less than half that amount.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2012, 08:55 PM

Another quality post from the resident clown....

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2012, 08:56 PM
HA! that kid hadn't worked a day in his life. he sits on AGS all day doin the knuckle shuffle.

He has a job....you...unemployment or disability?

keller625
December 2nd, 2012, 08:57 PM
swaghook, your right, we both have really hard games before we get to have our pissing match again (if it happens, i hope attractiveness of ladies comes up again lol)

BisonBacker
December 2nd, 2012, 08:58 PM
We didn't "loose" any games. We lost three. Ooh, the loud card. Let's play that one now. Been there, done that got the Montana T-shirt. We are supposed to lose ( or loose), I get it. But if we do, I suspect our losing will be more about our mistakes (turnovers and stupid penalties) than anything else.

Just got home today and catching up on this thread. Talk about wanting respect but not giving any. Wow. So if you lose it has nothing to do with the other team just you making mistakes. Ok.

citdog
December 2nd, 2012, 08:59 PM
Another quality post from the resident clown....

have you been talking to ursus?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcf3xxo7sC1qh5x3ko1_1280.jpg

theasushow
December 2nd, 2012, 09:00 PM
Just got home today and catching up on this thread. Talk about wanting respect but not giving any. Wow. So if you lose it has nothing to do with the other team just you making mistakes. Ok.

I'm sorry you had to subject yourself to this entire "thread"...it hasnt been pretty lol.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2012, 09:01 PM
He has a job....you...unemployment or disability?

Well from that part of the country, probably both.

I just realized he called me "kid". He's my new favorite person!

theasushow
December 2nd, 2012, 09:07 PM
You're right, the entire southeast should just secede from the nation.

Reign of Terrier
December 2nd, 2012, 09:09 PM

I bet you think he's antisemitic as well

ridered125
December 2nd, 2012, 09:10 PM

Just got on this site a few days ago. This particular thread is crazy. This old Southern Boy is firing some zingers now.

citdog
December 2nd, 2012, 09:11 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ubpvdUg1ZI

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2012, 09:12 PM
I bet you think he's antisemitic as well

Interesting...

You're telling me he isn't?

BullDog85
December 2nd, 2012, 09:12 PM
I can only compare it to NDSU's 4th down conversion percentage.

13 of 16 81%

Bohl's got balls, and brains.Not even compatible to Ayer's. He seems to play a little money ball when it comes to 4th downs. If he's past his 40 yard line and 3yrds or less to get a first down ...9 times out of 10 he'll go for it. You'll think he's crazy. I've seen him do it too many times to count.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2012, 09:14 PM

Go for it.

Got your a** kicked once already....

Reign of Terrier
December 2nd, 2012, 09:15 PM
It'll be interesting to see whether or not Wofford continues their propensity to go for it on 4th down. I was surprised to see them go for it on 4th and short from their own 45 in the first drive against UNH. The announcers mentioned that they've gone for it on 4th down 20+ times this year. In a game that will most likely be a field position battle in a hostile environment they could really swing momentum against themselves by gambling on 4th down.

I hope they continue the trend because NDSU's defense has shown a knack for making big 4th down stops.

I was also very impressed with Wofford's defensive line watching the UNH game, NDSU's offensive line will need to play another game like they did against SDSU if they're going to have a consistent offensive game.

Our front 7 is definitely a key to success. Our DL is always talented and this year it's no different, but our linebacking corp is superb as well. We have 2 all Americans back there, and 3 3-year starters.

Actually, we have probably 8 3-year starters on defense and multiple backups. We've had a lot of injuries in the past couple years, and I think the added depth has helped us. For now we're pretty healthy.

theasushow
December 2nd, 2012, 09:17 PM
Not even compatible to Ayer's. He seems to play a little money ball when it comes to 4th downs. If he's past his 40 yard line and 3yrds or less to get a first down ...9 times out of 10 he'll go for it. You'll think he's crazy. I've seen him do it too many times to count.

Football related posts aren't allowed. you have to post about either racism, unemployment, or the constant dick-envy bison fan in nw mn has of citdog.

Reign of Terrier
December 2nd, 2012, 09:17 PM
Interesting...

xrolleyesx

Mattymc727
December 2nd, 2012, 09:19 PM
I cant believe this thread got to 41 pages in a little over 24 hours.... You Bison fans be nuts

Bison Fan in NW MN
xrolleyesx

LOL....He isn't racist?

Yep, you must be right.....

Reign of Terrier
Not even compatible to Ayer's. He seems to play a little money ball when it comes to 4th downs. If he's past his 40 yard line and 3yrds or less to get a first down ...9 times out of 10 he'll go for it. You'll think he's crazy. I've seen him do it too many times to count.

A lot of it has to do with how well our offense is moving the ball, how well our defense is doing, etc. Ayers has gotten conservative over the last 3 or so years.

BisonBohl
December 2nd, 2012, 09:20 PM
Sigh my thread is a trainwreck...carry on.

Gaterrier
xlolx
Football related posts aren't allowed. you have to post about either racism, unemployment, or the constant dick-envy bison fan in nw mn has of citdog.

Reign of Terrier
LOL....He isn't racist?

Yep, you must be right.....

I'm laughing at the judgments you're making about a person without knowing much about them. The fact that you think it's possible for him to be antisemitic is icing on the cake (and hilarious).

theasushow
December 2nd, 2012, 09:21 PM
Go for it.

Got your a** kicked once already....

Eh we may have lost, but we still had more speed....

Bisonoline
Interesting...

You must have missed the thread where he admitted that his family were Confederate Jewish Slave owners. He hates everybody. :D

Bison Fan in NW MN
I'm laughing at the judgments you're making about a person without knowing much about them. The fact that you think it's possible for him to be antisemitic is icing on the cake (and hilarious).

Never said he was antisemitic.

He is a racist....period.

BullDog85
I bet you think he's antisemitic as wellYT...quit baiting the Yankees for Christ sake.xlolx

citdog
December 2nd, 2012, 09:25 PM

well we HAD to be to keep up with them as they retreated as this lithograph shows.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ozASrrIGDFM/TicibZUu_iI/AAAAAAAAAg0/RFKmhCo1-uc/s1600/Great+Skedaddle.jpg

IBleedYellow
December 2nd, 2012, 09:28 PM
It's only Sunday...100+ page thread? Probably.

Southern Bison
December 2nd, 2012, 09:29 PM
Do we have another buttBama on our hands?

I hope not...the buttCock would get us kicked off AGS!!

Gaterrier
December 2nd, 2012, 09:29 PM

asushow, thanks for making me spit my hardtack across the campfire. xlolx

And ND saved the union all by themselves...with their defense!

BisonFan02
December 2nd, 2012, 09:31 PM
WTF did I just read........seriously guys.

Drblankstare
December 2nd, 2012, 09:32 PM

Professor Chaos
December 2nd, 2012, 09:37 PM
And that's exactly what I think could get him in trouble on Saturday. A stop gives NDSU a short field, momentum, and can whip the crowd into a frenzy. Wofford's best chance, IMO, is to play boring and try to pin the Bison deep whenever they can. I'm sure that's what NDSU will try to do to. But if he rolls the dice from his own side of the 50 on the 1st drive of the game like he did against UNH he's asking for trouble. Like I said, I really hope he does. Those types of plays are when the Fargodome gets the loudest and things get really fun.

citdog
December 2nd, 2012, 09:41 PM
Never said he was antisemitic.

He is a racist....period.

and you're a zombie.

http://www.spnc.net/csyidflg.gif

http://dupontseven.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/hebrewplaquenames.jpg

http://richmondthenandnow.com/Images/Jewish-Confederate-Monument/Jewish-Confederate-Monument-2.jpg

ElCid
December 2nd, 2012, 09:43 PM
YT...quit baiting the Yankees for Christ sake.xlolx

But it is seriously fun to watch.

Southern Bison
December 2nd, 2012, 09:44 PM
knowing it=/=stopping.

ASU knows how it works, but they always have a hard time stopping it.

Same with 80% of Socon games 5 of the last 6 years.

For a couple of decades, the Bison were an option team. The option lead us to 5 NCs in the 80's & early 90's and I remember it when I was there from '95-'00.

Reign of Terrier
December 2nd, 2012, 09:46 PM
And that's exactly what I think could get him in trouble on Saturday. A stop gives NDSU a short field, momentum, and can whip the crowd into a frenzy. Wofford's best chance, IMO, is to play boring and try to pin the Bison deep whenever they can. I'm sure that's what NDSU will try to do to. But if he rolls the dice from his own side of the 50 on the 1st drive of the game like he did against UNH he's asking for trouble. Like I said, I really hope he does. Those types of plays are when the Fargodome gets the loudest and things get really fun.

If we need a big play and points, we'll go for it outside of our own 40 in a short yardage situation, but if our defense is playing tough, we'll kick it.

No_Skill
December 2nd, 2012, 09:52 PM
For a couple of decades, the Bison were an option team. The option lead us to 5 NCs in the 80's & early 90's and I remember it when I was there from '95-'00.

Kevin feeney Kevin feeney ...run the ooooooooption all day long.

Hambone
December 2nd, 2012, 10:00 PM

gotts
December 2nd, 2012, 10:01 PM

This thread is such a one-dimensional trainwreck... xcoffeex

theasushow
December 2nd, 2012, 10:09 PM
This thread is such a one-dimensional trainwreck... xcoffeex

Yep, first 2 pages of each team congratulating the other and welcome to fargo and here's to a great game and all that obligatory mumbo jumbo....and then within 5 minutes ***** hit the fan and its stayed that way for the better part of the day....with citdog occasionally chiming in to proclaim the south will rise again.

ElCid
December 2nd, 2012, 10:12 PM

All very true, but the key is "a Stop." Wofford's 4th down stat might be a little deceiving. Looking at the play by play stats, they are 13 of 22 but they do not miss many short yardage ones. Of those 9 misses 3 came against Lincoln (like it mattered probably with 2nd or 3rd string in). 3 came against USC late (dare I say SEC). 2 came against Cid (Dogs did have a good D that day). I don't think Bison stop any 4th and 1 or 2 by Wofford.

BisonBacker
December 2nd, 2012, 10:13 PM
Well running the risk of asking a football related question how is the Wofford team injury wise? I'm not sure if it was mentioned but this thread is so full of BS I may have missed it.

Reign of Terrier
December 2nd, 2012, 10:15 PM
Well running the risk of asking a football related question how is the Wofford team injury wise? I'm not sure if it was mentioned but this thread is so full of BS I may have missed it.

we're pretty healthy at this point.

Twentysix
December 2nd, 2012, 10:30 PM
People are free to pick who ever they wish to win. The difference between saying "so and so" will win based on ones hopes and wishes is easy when it has no monetary value connected to it but when money is involved people tend to be more rational with their choice. I was just wondering if he truly believed that Wofford will win and by that margin.

The fact that you had to explain that to him/her is hilarious.

Twentysix
December 2nd, 2012, 10:34 PM

Just out of curiousity do you stand 100% behind that statement? I hold politics against Hitler and religion against the westboro baptists.

theasushow
December 2nd, 2012, 10:47 PM
The fact that you had to explain that to him/her is hilarious.

Fair enough...so apparently taking monetary bets is the only full proof way to get people to use rational when making predictions. So if I or anybody else on here were to take you up on it and say "sure, ill bet you $10,000" then what?

Twentysix
December 2nd, 2012, 10:49 PM
Fair enough...so apparently taking monetary bets is the only full proof way to get people to use rational when making predictions. So if I or anybody else on here were to take you up on it and say "sure, ill bet you $10,000" then what?

Then I'll set them up with a 5dimes line. derp derp derp.

citdog
December 2nd, 2012, 10:55 PM
Eric "The BEAR JEW" Breitenstein entering the fargo dome on saturday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlw2YpBIq2Q

theasushow
December 2nd, 2012, 10:56 PM
Then I'll set them up with a 5dimes line. derp derp derp.

OK so now simple message board banter has turned into signing up on betting websites and exchanging credit card numbers and all that to try and make profit off of a college football team? If i wanted to do that I would just bet on the games themselves, i am here to have friendly discussions, not make a livin.

I am very aware that people will probably come to their senses when money is involved, but suggesting that on a website such is this one isnt realistic.

Drblankstare
December 2nd, 2012, 11:44 PM
Eric "The BEAR JEW" Breitenstein entering the fargo dome on saturday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlw2YpBIq2Q

I love me some Bear Jew and Aldo Raine. There wasn't enough of them in that movie.

ITmonarch10
December 2nd, 2012, 11:46 PM
OMG... Go to bed Bison fansxlolx

Already at 11 pages and we still have 5 days to go.

Drblankstare
December 2nd, 2012, 11:49 PM
OMG... Go to bed Bison fansxlolx

Already at 11 pages and we still have 5 days to go.

There is no stopping 1000 pages lets GO!!!xawesomex

Twentysix
December 2nd, 2012, 11:52 PM
OK so now simple message board banter has turned into signing up on betting websites and exchanging credit card numbers and all that to try and make profit off of a college football team? If i wanted to do that I would just bet on the games themselves, i am here to have friendly discussions, not make a livin.

I am very aware that people will probably come to their senses when money is involved, but suggesting that on a website such is this one isnt realistic.

PM me your credit card number and I will properly believe that you think Wofford will win ;).

woffordgrad94
December 3rd, 2012, 12:47 AM
Longest main board thread ever on AGS? Headed in that direction.

woffordgrad94
December 3rd, 2012, 12:50 AM
I will bet $250 on this game. NDSU will win but won't cover the spread. My credit card number is 6969-6969-6969-6969 and it is MasterBater Card.

woffordgrad94
December 3rd, 2012, 12:53 AM
I'm trying to be an asswipe and this was just another post proving that point. I was talking about things that are much more suited for another board which I am sure to be a member of exclusively and in short order if I don't knock my BS off on this thread and all threads on the FCSD boards.

I'd like to apologize to all of you.

woffordgrad94
December 3rd, 2012, 12:55 AM
I bet North Dakota doesn't have any strip clubs as fun as the Platinum Plus clubs. So much for my being in the so-called "Bible Belt", huh?

woffordgrad94
December 3rd, 2012, 12:56 AM
Have I hijacked this ridiculous thread enough now?

woffordgrad94
December 3rd, 2012, 01:00 AM
And I though Georgia Southern fans were arrogant. Thank God NDSU ain't on our schedule every year. Yeah the Bison have a great team, but they ain't Alabama for Gawd's sake!

Darlinikki150
December 3rd, 2012, 01:04 AM
We do have strip clubs, pretty much C squad ladies most of the time. Nothing beats Vegas woffordgrad94, pity u don't know that. On a football note, I have been pulling for Wofford all season, they are a strong team. Being a Bison Nation girl, I want a blow out, but being a football fan I want a close hard fought game. Hopefully some Wofford fans come tailgating, Apple Pie for everyone if u can find me!

woffordgrad94
December 3rd, 2012, 01:07 AM
The day The Lord created man
It was clear He had a plan
But the thing he did that was the best
Was when he made the female breast
Breasts of every type and size
Are all like candy for my eyes
No matter if they're big or small
I like breasts and I like them all
They're so much fun to squeeze and suck
And that gets a girl ready to

OK I've been called for a job now. I'll holla at y'all later!

Darlinikki150
December 3rd, 2012, 01:16 AM
Woffordgrad94, i might be in love with you, but try to stay focused on football, its all that really matters in Fargo right now.

Southern Swarm
December 3rd, 2012, 01:22 AM
Go Wofford. Show those Canadians whose boss. xblehx

I'm glad to see NDSU finally got rid of their space turf. While I think NDSU is rightly favored I think Wofford going to have some of you cocky NDSU fans chewing your nails by the 4th qtr. Those private school kids hit harder than you think and their going to take your strength and throw it back at you.Very underrated defense too. While they don't have that typical SOCON speed we and APP like to brag about, they're pretty fundamentally sound and they play smart football. Its too bad this is in a dome. This is the kind of game meant to be played in the open air!!!

Darlinikki150
December 3rd, 2012, 01:46 AM
Most of us sane Bison fans were worried last week with SDSU coming to town, same goes for Wofford. Gonna be a long week, and alot of energy come Saturday at 2pm. On a side note, why do you think calling us Canadians is a put down? it baffles my pretty little head...

Southern Swarm
December 3rd, 2012, 01:51 AM
Most of us sane Bison fans were worried last week with SDSU coming to town, same goes for Wofford. Gonna be a long week, and alot of energy come Saturday at 2pm. On a side note, why do you think calling us Canadians is a put down? it baffles my pretty little head...

Does your head do this?

Darlinikki150
December 3rd, 2012, 01:58 AM
Maybe some of the home grown strippers have heads like that, but I think that's a genetic defect so they are suitable for that specific job. We are pretty normal and boring. Perhaps we drink more than the average person, but its damn cold up here 6 months outta the year, everyone needs a hobby my friend!

Pyroshane
December 3rd, 2012, 02:32 AM

I've just never understood the southern speed thing. I was an Army brat growing up, and lived all over the place. I spent about four and a half years in Louisiana (Fort Polk), moving there halfway through the 7th grade and staying through graduation (graduating a year early). I have lived in Fargo since finishing high school (boy did I get some looks at the honors banquet when I was the only person not going to McNeese, Northwestern of Louisiana, Louisiana Lafayette, or LSU, but NDSU instead). I traveled all around Louisiana, East Texas, Arkansas, and Mississippi while living there, and in general, the people down there seemed a lot slower than anywhere else I lived (Washington, Virginia, Maryland, Germany, and North Dakota). Again, this is just a generalization and doesn't apply to everyone I met, but people in the north just seem to walk faster, talk faster, and get s*** done faster, but they also seem to have less patience, get bored with things faster, get stressed over things faster, and demand much more instant gratification. People in the south in general lived more relaxed, laid back lives where they just didn't stress over things as often. Not sure which I prefer, really, and I think I have picked up traits of both, experiencing as much as I did.

I had a microbiology professor at NDSU who was originally from Georgia, and she talked all the time on how sluggish people seem when she goes back to visit family after living in Fargo for so long, and her theory was that the heat and humidity was responsible for making people more sluggish, while up here the cold winters make us want to get things done sooner so we can hurry back into the warmth.

My first example I had of the difference was when I went to my school for the first time to sign up for classes. Since I had moved to Louisiana from Germany midway through the 7th grade, and not all the same classes I had been taking were available, I had to sit with one of the administrators to work out a new schedule. I was discussing what I had taken and he put his hand up and said, with the most stereotypical southern drawl you can imagine, "Boy, you need to slow down. You're talkin' way too fast." About five minutes later, I got to experience my first ever tornado warning, with a funnel cloud that could be seen through the office window. Welcome to the south. I really enjoyed my time down there and have lots of awesome memories, but I honestly felt more out of place in Louisiana than I ever did in Germany.

NDSUBowler
December 3rd, 2012, 05:10 AM
I've just never understood the southern speed thing. I was an Army brat growing up, and lived all over the place. I spent about four and a half years in Louisiana (Fort Polk), moving there halfway through the 7th grade and staying through graduation (graduating a year early). I have lived in Fargo since finishing high school (boy did I get some looks at the honors banquet when I was the only person not going to McNeese, Northwestern of Louisiana, Louisiana Lafayette, or LSU, but NDSU instead). I traveled all around Louisiana, East Texas, Arkansas, and Mississippi while living there, and in general, the people down there seemed a lot slower than anywhere else I lived (Washington, Virginia, Maryland, Germany, and North Dakota). Again, this is just a generalization and doesn't apply to everyone I met, but people in the north just seem to walk faster, talk faster, and get s*** done faster, but they also seem to have less patience, get bored with things faster, get stressed over things faster, and demand much more instant gratification. People in the south in general lived more relaxed, laid back lives where they just didn't stress over things as often. Not sure which I prefer, really, and I think I have picked up traits of both, experiencing as much as I did.

I had a microbiology professor at NDSU who was originally from Georgia, and she talked all the time on how sluggish people seem when she goes back to visit family after living in Fargo for so long, and her theory was that the heat and humidity was responsible for making people more sluggish, while up here the cold winters make us want to get things done sooner so we can hurry back into the warmth.

My first example I had of the difference was when I went to my school for the first time to sign up for classes. Since I had moved to Louisiana from Germany midway through the 7th grade, and not all the same classes I had been taking were available, I had to sit with one of the administrators to work out a new schedule. I was discussing what I had taken and he put his hand up and said, with the most stereotypical southern drawl you can imagine, "Boy, you need to slow down. You're talkin' way too fast." About five minutes later, I got to experience my first ever tornado warning, with a funnel cloud that could be seen through the office window. Welcome to the south. I really enjoyed my time down there and have lots of awesome memories, but I honestly felt more out of place in Louisiana than I ever did in Germany.
You've heard Forrest speak, but have you ever seen Forrest run????

Case closed.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 05:47 AM
All very true, but the key is "a Stop." Wofford's 4th down stat might be a little deceiving. Looking at the play by play stats, they are 13 of 22 but they do not miss many short yardage ones. Of those 9 misses 3 came against Lincoln (like it mattered probably with 2nd or 3rd string in). 3 came against USC late (dare I say SEC). 2 came against Cid (Dogs did have a good D that day). I don't think Bison stop any 4th and 1 or 2 by Wofford.

Another fun fact. NDSU is 2nd in the nation for 4th down conversion defense. Only 8 attempts and only 2 successful.

4th and inches ends up a 2 yard loss.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 3rd, 2012, 06:03 AM
After watching more Wofford highlights, if they turn it over they lose. Fumblitis, but I suppose that is to be expected for a TO team.

Looking forward to watching this version of the TO, but as I mentioned earlier, I was more worried about SDSU.

SC-T-Dogg
December 3rd, 2012, 06:49 AM
I have to agree with Bison Fan, if Wofford puts the ball on the ground we will not do well. However, if Wofford does not fumble the ball I would expect a good game. One thing guaranteed, Wofford represents well and will not back down. That may not win the game for us but I feel this game will come down to mistakes. Who makes the least mistakes will win it. There are some good people up in ND, just hope you are a little sad come Saturday!!

ElCid
December 3rd, 2012, 07:14 AM
Another fun fact. NDSU is 2nd in the nation for 4th down conversion defense. Only 8 attempts and only 2 successful.

4th and inches ends up a 2 yard loss.

Good stat, it will be a great game to watch.

deez_na
December 3rd, 2012, 07:22 AM
Wofford may have a solid run game like Ga So which will be huge but NDSU has heard this many times and typically the outcomes the same. Last year it was Ga So. then Sam Houston then Zenner was going to get his yards on us both games this year and finished for less than 100 combined in 2 games. I think SDSU has a better defense than Wofford maybe not by much but we put up 20 & 28 on them. I am looking forward to a great game this saturday but just don't see Wofford putting up enough to win this one.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 3rd, 2012, 07:27 AM
I have to agree with Bison Fan, if Wofford puts the ball on the ground we will not do well. However, if Wofford does not fumble the ball I would expect a good game. One thing guaranteed, Wofford represents well and will not back down. That may not win the game for us but I feel this game will come down to mistakes. Who makes the least mistakes will win it. There are some good people up in ND, just hope you are a little sad come Saturday!!

Hey, good post!!!

Same can be said for the Bison.....when they turn it over they get into trouble. Indiana State capitalized on 3 INTs (2 pick 6s) and beat the Bison.

I like the TO. The Bison use to run the veer in the 80s and 90s and were pretty good at it.

Usually these games come down to turnovers and field position.

NDSUBowler
December 3rd, 2012, 07:29 AM
A well-executed TO offense is a fun offense to watch. I just hope Wofford isn't the one that executes well!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 07:32 AM
Hey, good post!!!

Same can be said for the Bison.....when they turn it over they get into trouble. Indiana State capitalized on 3 INTs (2 pick 6s) and beat the Bison.

I like the TO. The Bison use to run the veer in the 80s and 90s and were pretty good at it.

Usually these games come down to turnovers and field position.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. There is only one team in the field that can beat the Bison. The Bison.

Vitojr130
December 3rd, 2012, 07:38 AM

I'm glad to see NDSU finally got rid of their space turf. While I think NDSU is rightly favored I think Wofford going to have some of you cocky NDSU fans chewing your nails by the 4th qtr. Those private school kids hit harder than you think and their going to take your strength and throw it back at you.Very underrated defense too. While they don't have that typical SOCON speed we and APP like to brag about, they're pretty fundamentally sound and they play smart football. Its too bad this is in a dome. This is the kind of game meant to be played in the open air!!!

xlolx xblahx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 3rd, 2012, 07:39 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. There is only one team in the field that can beat the Bison. The Bison.

I agree.

This defense is ranked #1 in 6 defensive categories. Not too bad.

But your right, even in the Ind State game, their offense was anemic. The Bison beat themselves with TOs.

Saturday should be a good game.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 07:46 AM

xlolx xblahx

These southern team should be thanking whatever higher power they worship that the Dome exists. I'd hate to see how their balls shrivel up in the cold weather.

I'll agree on the turf though. I played flag football on that stuff and got 2 raspberries that are still there almost 2 weeks later.

millwoga1
December 3rd, 2012, 08:04 AM
These southern team should be thanking whatever higher power they worship that the Dome exists. I'd hate to see how their balls shrivel up in the cold weather.

I'll agree on the turf though. I played flag football on that stuff and got 2 raspberries that are still there almost 2 weeks later.

Ask Montana how much our balls shriveled

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 08:22 AM
Ask Montana how much our balls shriveled

You always say Montana. You don't know cold until you've been to North Dakota. This is a good video from about the time the Dome was approved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WOXkT107x2E

darell1976
December 3rd, 2012, 08:31 AM
You always say Montana. You don't know cold until you've been to North Dakota. This is a good video from about the time the Dome was approved.

Augustana wouldn't have won it if it was sunny and 80 above. NDSU was a monster team in that era.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 08:33 AM
Augustana wouldn't have won it if it was sunny and 80 above. NDSU was a monster team in that era.

Yes, that's true but NCC teams always knew the deal. You can't tell me a southern team could come into that climate and say "whatever".

darell1976
December 3rd, 2012, 08:37 AM
Yes, that's true but NCC teams always knew the deal. You can't tell me a southern team could come into that climate and say "whatever".

Plus with NDSU's TO. That was the sole reason UND brought in Dale Lennon as DC to stop that veer. Every game in the 80's and early 90's it crushed us. NDSU seeing Wofford's TO shouldn't be anything new to them.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 08:42 AM
Plus with NDSU's TO. That was the sole reason UND brought in Dale Lennon as DC to stop that veer. Every game in the 80's and early 90's it crushed us. NDSU seeing Wofford's TO shouldn't be anything new to them.

Bohl was Don Morton's DB coach in '84. He is very aware of the veer.

Getting back to weather. I finally figured out when this Montana game everybody's talking about was. 2007? You have some 6th year seniors on this team that were even there?

I-16Bandit
December 3rd, 2012, 08:44 AM
As MUCH as I'd like Wofford to win, I just don't see it happening. Unless NDSU forgets how to play football and wets the bed like they did against Indiana State.

ElCid
December 3rd, 2012, 08:44 AM
You always say Montana. You don't know cold until you've been to North Dakota.

I have to say, having been to Grand Forks AFB a few times over the years, that is the coldest I have ever been in my life. I was there at the beginning of January a few years ago and it was minus 45 F with a wind chill at minus 50. So glad I was never stationed there or at Minot....brrrr.

millwoga1
December 3rd, 2012, 08:45 AM
[QUOTE=NoDak 4 Ever;1907884]Bohl was Don Morton's DB coach in '84. He is very aware of the veer.

Getting back to weather. I finally figured out when this Montana game everybody's talking about was. 2007? You have some 6th year seniors on this team that were even there?[/QUOTE

Nobody said the players were the same

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 08:48 AM
I have to say, having been to Grand Forks AFB a few times over the years, that is the coldest I have ever been in my life. I was there at the beginning of January a few years ago and it was minus 45 F with a wind chill at minus 50. So glad I was never stationed there or at Minot....brrrr.

Once, when I was in high school, the governor called school off for 2 days because the wind chill was supposed to be 80-100 below.

Under the old formula, that's about -45 with a 45 mph wind, neither of which are uncommon in the Red River Valley.

That being said, I'd move back there tomorrow if the wife would let us.

robsnotes4u
December 3rd, 2012, 08:59 AM

Having lived in both Montana and ND western Montana CAN get cold but not like ND and especially for the length of time it does in ND. I can remember going to Bison Sioux games in the mid 80's, and it was always the last game of the season. They were outdoors and crazy cold. Unless you live here you can't begin to understand.

But the fargodome, though not cold, creates its own problems. I really don't know which is worse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hlebichuk
December 3rd, 2012, 09:04 AM
I expected more from SDSU last week, but Wofford has a better defense than the bunnies. A one-dimensional team doesn't score more than a pair of fg's.....Bison 35-6.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 09:07 AM
Having lived in both Montana and ND western Montana CAN get cold but not like ND and especially for the length of time it does in ND. I can remember going to Bison Sioux games in the mid 80's, and it was always the last game of the season. They were outdoors and crazy cold. Unless you live here you can't begin to understand.

But the fargodome, though not cold, creates its own problems. I really don't know which is worse.

The noise doesn't have to intimidate a team but what it does is removes the ability to communicate at the line. That means the O line has to go on the movement of the ball and removes that advantage.

It also removes the chance to audible which is the bread and butter of the TO scheme.

That's where it's going to make a difference.

millwoga1
December 3rd, 2012, 09:11 AM
If I remember correctly the high that day in 07 in Mizzoula was around 15 degrees. I don't think it snowed during the game but had night before.

millwoga1
December 3rd, 2012, 09:15 AM
The noise doesn't have to intimidate a team but what it does is removes the ability to communicate at the line. That means the O line has to go on the movement of the ball and removes that advantage.

It also removes the chance to audible which is the bread and butter of the TO scheme.

I disagree. I think where it will matter is if it causes Wofford to have a couple of false starts causing a first and 15 instead of a first and ten. The penalities hurt the triple option a lot more than not being able to audible.

deez_na
December 3rd, 2012, 09:16 AM
I expected more from SDSU last week, but Wofford has a better defense than the bunnies. A one-dimensional team doesn't score more than a pair of fg's.....Bison 35-6.

Wofford doesn't have a better defense than the rabbits. It's pretty close and could be argued but SDSU gave up 5 less yards per game and points per game were barely better too. It's pretty close.

Reign of Terrier
December 3rd, 2012, 09:21 AM
Wofford doesn't have a better defense than the rabbits. It's pretty close and could be argued but SDSU gave up 5 less yards per game and points per game were barely better too. It's pretty close.

Even though Wofford played better offenses statistically. That's a fact.

App State, GSU, New Hampshire, all 3 top 15 offenses, all held to 17 points or less. I'm only taking a vague look, but I don't see many teams that SDSU played in the top 50 or so, or at least teams they performed well against.

Wofford's defense is better than SDSU's

Gil Dobie
December 3rd, 2012, 09:24 AM

UND was the last game of the year in 1987, every other year it was a playoff game ;) . Towson and Viriginia Union playoff games were some really cold games that I remember.

Professor Chaos
December 3rd, 2012, 09:34 AM
Under the old formula, that's about -45 with a 45 mph wind, neither of which are uncommon in the Red River Valley.

Uh... yeah they are. Let's not make the weather seem any worse than it already is.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 09:37 AM
Uh... yeah they are. Let's not make the weather seem any worse than it already is.

I guess I only lived there for 36 years, what would I know? having lived elsewhere I can tell you that it is ridiculously windy in Fargo. I mean stupid windy. -45 might be a rare occurrence but -20 isn't.

When the WC gets below -40, does it really matter? Your skin will freeze in seconds.

Vitojr130
December 3rd, 2012, 09:39 AM

Exactly this. I was very pleased every time I saw SDSU's QB literally screaming at his teammates in a feable attempt to audible. My favorite was when he slapped his TE's a$$ trying to get his attention. I was happy knowing that his voice was probably just as shot as mine was at the end of the game.

Regardless, the Fargodome is one of the loudest venues in all of college football and Wofford WILL have troubles with it (unless they all learn sign language between now and Saturday). The 12th man is always welcome, especially in the playoffs. I think NDSU wins by about 14. Something like:

Wofford: 10
NDSU: 24

robsnotes4u
December 3rd, 2012, 09:40 AM
UND was the last game of the year in 1987, every other year it was a playoff game ;) . Towson and Viriginia Union playoff games were some really cold games that I remember.

Last game of regular season

Vitojr130
December 3rd, 2012, 09:41 AM
I guess I only lived there for 36 years, what would I know? having lived elsewhere I can tell you that it is ridiculously windy in Fargo. I mean stupid windy. -45 might be a rare occurrence but -20 isn't.

When the WC gets below -40, does it really matter? Your skin will freeze in seconds.

Although the above holds true for the entire month of January, I would just like to note that it is abnormally warm here. It is currently raining against my office window and if the temp decides to drop tonight, a ****storm will ensue tomorrow morning for rush hour.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 09:45 AM
Although the above holds true for the entire month of January, I would just like to note that it is abnormally warm here. It is currently raining against my office window and if the temp decides to drop tonight, a ****storm will ensue tomorrow morning for rush hour.

Yeah, I was talking to my mom and I couldn't believe it! Being an outdoor hockey enthusiast, that's a bummer though.

robsnotes4u
December 3rd, 2012, 09:46 AM

Yes this is crazy 46 and rain in the morning in Dec. this is going to make us soft

millwoga1
December 3rd, 2012, 09:51 AM
High of 75 today in Spartanburg. That is unseasonably warm, tho.

Reign of Terrier
December 3rd, 2012, 09:55 AM
I'm not worried about crowd noise outside of what that stuff normally does at big venues. Montana, Clemson, USC, GSU, App State, etc....we've played in loud venues before and played well/won. Sure, we had our fair share of false-starts, etc from said venues, and I wouldn't doubt the same will happen NDSU, but at the same time I don't think it will be something we're technically not "used to"

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 09:58 AM
I'm not worried about crowd noise outside of what that stuff normally does at big venues. Montana, Clemson, USC, GSU, App State, etc....we've played in loud venues before and played well/won. Sure, we had our fair share of false-starts, etc from said venues, and I wouldn't doubt the same will happen NDSU, but at the same time I don't think it will be something we're technically not "used to"

Unless your QB can yell louder than 100dB, you better get all your business done in the huddle.

Vitojr130
December 3rd, 2012, 09:58 AM

GSU said the exact same thing last year and referred to their performance against Alabama... We all know how that went xlolx

Hammerhead
December 3rd, 2012, 10:00 AM
Indoor stadiums can create a level of noise that is nearly impossible with an outdoor stadium. People say CenturyLink Field in Seattle is loud, yet it isn't nearly as loud at the Metrodome on those rare occasions when the Vikings play well.

MarkyMark
December 3rd, 2012, 10:07 AM

You will find its earily quiet in the dome when the Bison Offense is on the field. Your team may get used to the noise as the game progresses but I don't know how you can prepare for it.

IBleedYellow
December 3rd, 2012, 10:10 AM
Keep underestimating the 12th man at the Dome. It just makes us louder when you false start.