Pages : 1 2 [3]

Mr. C
December 8th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Penalty declined by GSU. Ballgame

Georgia Southern 49
Old Dominion 35

Baldy
ODU throwaway and holding to boot. Brent Russell asks now?
Haha I know...

Go Lehigh TU Owl
Congrats GSU....hoops time!!

asujch
over 600 yards on the ground for GSU, wow.

Mr. C
602 rushing yards for Georgia Southern.

Apphole
December 8th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Aaaaand it took all of 10 seconds for espn to switch to the Duke game.

bullitt_60
December 8th, 2012, 02:32 PM
ODU - Great team, Great atmosphere, Great fans, and one heckuva game today.
Looking forward to keeping this rivalry on the next level.
Congrats to my Eagles ! Awesome win coaches and players !

I agree. I'm a fan of their program.

Way to go Eagles!

Mr. C
December 8th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Great game. GSU is acknowledging its nice group of fans.

Cleets
December 8th, 2012, 02:38 PM
AGAIN: For having precisely 1 (one) dimension / GSU is incredible
Very few teams could have No kicking Game / No Passing Game and Win so consistently

This was a big win

totoinfl
December 8th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Congrats GSU! Talon if you are out there...awesome.

Mr. C
December 8th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Wofford got a pick-six off Jensen to tie the game early in the 2nd Quarter at NDSU.

blueballs
December 8th, 2012, 02:56 PM
I'm very proud of GSU's team and their defense in particular. They had every chance to fold the tent but GATA and stood tall. Huge display of heart and determination!!!!

I don't second guess Wilder in the least for going for it. He's won with his offense all year long and he played to win there. GSU just made a play.

Congratulations to ODU, you have a good team and gave the nation a good show today.

Lehigh'98
December 8th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Think the difference was that GSU found a way to get some pressure on Heinicke at end.

BullDog85
December 8th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Congrats to GSU! Go SoCon! Love to see our SoCon brothers putting it down...602yrds rushing...boomyow!

dgreco
December 8th, 2012, 03:10 PM
surprised by the come from behind win. Now I am rooting for all three SoCon teams to move on.

matfu
December 8th, 2012, 03:14 PM
surprised by the come from behind win. Now I am rooting for all three SoCon teams to move on.

There are only TWO Southern Conference teams left! I pulled for Ga Southern and am pulling for Wofford. A Furman fan BUT I want the conference to do well.

matfu
December 8th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Yes. A GREAT WIN. Showed great resilience and poise with coming back from 35-21. Would be happy for either Ga Southern or Wofford to win it all.

blueballs
December 8th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Think the difference was that GSU found a way to get some pressure on Heinicke at end.

GSU has excellent depth in the front 7 and rotated linemen all game long. It paid off because GSU's d-line looked fresher, quicker, and meaner than ODU's o-line down the stretch.

citdog
December 8th, 2012, 03:22 PM
There are only TWO Southern Conference teams left! I pulled for Ga Southern and am pulling for Wofford. A Furman fan BUT I want the conference to do well.

furman sucks

dgreco
December 8th, 2012, 03:43 PM

EDIT: total brain freeze and I forgot App St. lost last week. forgive me

ASU_Fanatic
December 8th, 2012, 03:48 PM
ODU has the dumbest coach ever. I've never seen a call so bad in my life, it was in inch that's one thing but it was 6 yards from your OWN 38. Not to mention there wasn't much time left and GaSo can't run a very good two minute drill because of their offense

Lehigh'98
December 8th, 2012, 03:49 PM
App st is home watching today

ASU_Fanatic
December 8th, 2012, 03:50 PM
App st is home watching today

relevant

Lehigh'98
December 8th, 2012, 03:51 PM
relevant
I was just replying to a previous thread where I thought the poster said app was playing today. No disrespect meant.

ASU_Fanatic
December 8th, 2012, 03:57 PM
I was just replying to a previous thread where I thought the poster said app was playing today. No disrespect meant.

Oh okay

GSUEagles#1
December 8th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Aaaaand it took all of 10 seconds for espn to switch to the Duke game.

They could have at LEAST interviewed Coach Monken! Or Coach Wilder or Both.... that's kinda crazy!

GSUEagles#1
December 8th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Good Game.... Can I say that I will be VERY happy to not face ODU for a while at the least?? All of the FCS is glad they won't ever be in the playoff bracket again. It was hard to beat them last year, harder this year, and I don't know that we could do it a 3rd time.

Congratulations to Heineke for his 2 records today and Congratulations to SWOPE for have two back-2-back 1000+ yard seasons!

GATA
December 8th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Good Game.... Can I say that I will be VERY happy to not face ODU for a while at the least?? All of the FCS is glad they won't ever be in the playoff bracket again. It was hard to beat them last year, harder this year, and I don't know that we could do it a 3rd time.

Congratulations to Heineke for his 2 records today and Congratulations to SWOPE for have two back-2-back 1000+ yard seasons!

What this guy said...Frankly, I think the rest of the field owes us some thanks for nothing having to face that ****ing team. They're ridiculously good on offense.

The
December 8th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Congrats to GSU. It only makes me further appreciate how tough it is to win a National Championship...and y'all have six! Much respect.

I honestly hope we see you guys at the next level. I'd love another shot at the Eagles.

Now go get that seventh!

SpeedkingATL
December 8th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Glad Swope wasn't playing when GaSo played App. He is a difference maker. Great game Eagles...good luck next week with the Bison. I know you will be looking for a little payback.

Eaglesrus
December 8th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Georgia Southern better hurry up if they plan on salvaging their season. As seen last week ODU can be explosive.

Seems that we can, as well. Not aimed at you, WEC, but I still don't understand the people that say that the TO is boring.

Southern Swarm
December 8th, 2012, 04:59 PM
I have to say I think today made me a Heinicke fan. Dude is unreal. Can't wait to see what he does at the pro level (and make no mistake SOMEBODY is going to give this guy a shot)

Eaglesrus
December 8th, 2012, 05:03 PM
I have to say I think today made me a Heinicke fan. Dude is unreal. Can't wait to see what he does at the pro level (and make no mistake SOMEBODY is going to give this guy a shot)

Sincere congratulations to him on the record. I'm sure the result takes a little luster off for him today, but hopefully he'll be able to celebrate it soon.

Mr. C
December 8th, 2012, 05:20 PM
For those wanting to read about this game, here is the link on College Sports Journal:

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/ncaa-division-i-sports/fcs-football/669-big-fourth-quarter-lifts-georgia-southern-past-old-dominion

Mr. C
December 8th, 2012, 05:23 PM

In all seriousness, Heinicke doesn't have the arm strength to play in the NFL. He might get a shot in the CFL, but that is about it for a pro career. Fantastic college QB, but you won't be seeing him make an NFL roster at under 6-1 and under 200 pounds. He is listed at 6-1, but in have seen him in the same room a few times, he looks smaller than that.

DecaturEagle
December 8th, 2012, 05:35 PM
In all seriousness, Heinicke doesn't have the arm strength to play in the NFL. He might get a shot in the CFL, but that is about it for a pro career. Fantastic college QB, but you won't be seeing him make an NFL roster at under 6-1 and under 200 pounds. He is listed at 6-1, but in have seen him in the same room a few times, he looks smaller than that.

Drew Brees told me to tell you hello and that he resembles that remark.

Not saying that Heinicke is Brees reincarnate (not even a little bit) but if there's any guy out there that shouldn't be what he is based on his size it's that guy wearing #9 for the Saints. Talent is talent and fact is the kid at ODU has it. He'll get a shot someplace, hell, Mark Sanchez is still playing; based on that Heinicke should be a mid to late round lock.

GSUEagles#1
December 8th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Glad Swope wasn't playing when GaSo played App. He is a difference maker. Great game Eagles...good luck next week with the Bison. I know you will be looking for a little payback.

He was FAST on the turf. He got banged up and had to sit out a lot too.

GATA
December 8th, 2012, 05:42 PM

I disagree about the arm strength deal. The size...yeah, NFL guys will hate that. But arm strength is hardly an issue. He can make all the throws. He's not Joe Flacco or Jay Cutler, but who is?

His arm is no worse than half of the guys on a roster in the NFL.

VBR_Productions
December 8th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Below is Monarch Nation's coverage of the game.

Congratulations to the Eagles. Your fans traveled and represented your school well. Below are also a couple pictures from the game.

http://monarchfans.com/articles/odus-playoff-run-ends-in-loss-to-georgia-southern

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8201/8256300276_e4b73b862b_z.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8479/8255227893_0f8f2a3563_z.jpg

Eaglesrus
December 8th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Below is Monarch Nation's coverage of the game.

Congratulations to the Eagles. Your fans traveled and represented your school well. Below are also a couple pictures from the game.

Good summary, thanks! Wish my wife had felt better while we were here so that we could have gotten out and about more.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 8th, 2012, 07:06 PM

The odds are stacked against him. But I agree with the Drew Brees comparison. The guy is accurate and elusive.

eaglewraith
December 8th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Holy ****, I have to say that was probably the most epic finish to a game I've ever been to.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

gsu_paintballer
December 8th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Holy ****, I have to say that was probably the most epic finish to a game I've ever been to.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

Agreed.

TwoFeathers
December 8th, 2012, 10:30 PM
I thought Wilder was thinking 1) go for it and don't get it, GSU is going to score anyway and get more time on the clock or 2) go for it and get it, and have a chance to win. If he punts, GSU get the ball, probably scores and doesn't leave any time on the clock. Just IMO.

If it were 4th and a couple or ODU were trailing, I'd understand the decision to go for it. 4th and 6 in your own territory and a tie game... not so much.

Nice game GSU!

smallcollegefbfan
December 8th, 2012, 10:33 PM

I definitely think he will play in the AFL or CFL. Lacks a NFL arm but he's a great player here. Look forward to seeing how he does in the CFL.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 8th, 2012, 10:36 PM
I thought Wilder was thinking 1) go for it and don't get it, GSU is going to score anyway and get more time on the clock or 2) go for it and get it, and have a chance to win. If he punts, GSU get the ball, probably scores and doesn't leave any time on the clock. Just IMO.

It looked to me like ODU was going to punt the ball, but with a timeout for GSU's Darius Eubanks being tended to by the trainers, I think they had the opportunity to discuss a play and decided to go for it.

Don't see why it was a bad call, ODU was moving the ball effortlessly and like you say, put them in a position where they don't take much time doing it.

VT Wildcat Fan53
December 8th, 2012, 10:41 PM

Heinicke = Ricky Santos = smart, wonderful, fun player to watch in a system designed perfectly for his skills = Payton Award Winner = future success as college or HS coach.

Not such a bad legacy. xthumbsupx

seantaylor
December 9th, 2012, 12:33 AM
Wilder's call to go for it was smart, and one I was hoping he wouldn't make. ODU would have not seen the ball again if they punted. We were doing whatever we wanted to on the ground in the second half.

seantaylor
December 9th, 2012, 12:34 AM
Heineke is good, but he struggles on mid to deep out passes. Love his mobility, though.

Monarch Nation
December 9th, 2012, 12:37 AM
Congrats GSU, you have a 2-0 record against us and deservedly so.

Pulling for you to get that 7th NC.

Southern Swarm
December 9th, 2012, 12:46 AM
Heineke is good, but he struggles on mid to deep out passes. Love his mobility, though.

Granted that's a pretty underrated Wr corp but the angles he puts the ball (sometimes off his back foot) for his receivers to completely miss the tackler and the touch on his deep ball is just insane for someone at this level of competition. If I'm an ODU fan I'm more depressed that I don't get this guy for another year where he might win something cause he's got potential. Playing against some FBS teams though will be good for his development for the the big Sunday stage (I'm THAT high on this guy)

Rekdiver
December 9th, 2012, 07:39 AM
Good game GSU. And stupid 4 th. down call by ODU coach.

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2012, 08:24 AM
At least it's not just me, Caribbean. You seem to annoy EVERYONE. Congrats.

Oh yeah. 1-5

Well I admit I do target some but only if you score high on my "head buried in Sand" matrix. So with your team in the semi's you should not be irritated by anything I say, unless it's true.

elon77
December 9th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Didn't have a dog in this fight, but since I was at the game I would like to put my 2 cents in. All year long ODU just hasn't been physical enough on defense and it really showed today. The few times ODU would sniff out the play Ga Southerns ball carriers would still pick up 3 or 4 yards by just dragging the defenders. I also thought GSU's defensive backs played pretty good, the ODU receivers had trouble all day getting separation and had to really work for their catches and yardage. Some luck on GSU's side too, a fumble in the endzone for a TD and 2 fumbles on kickoffs deep in ODU territory that they should have recovered and the game could have been different. Great game day crowd, weather and action on the field. I'm glad I was there. Can't believe I'm saying this, good luck Ga Southern and Elon did hold you to 26 points.

PaulsonStadium
December 10th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Thank you Old Dominion fans! It was fun hanging out with everyone at the Monarch Bar and Grill. I got to meet Taylor Heineke's family there as well as Colin McElroy's family. Colin's family is from the North Fulton area and his dad and I shared some good conversations about the programs. Good to see folks like this exist .

PaulsonStadium
December 10th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Good game GSU. And stupid 4 th. down call by ODU coach.
They made a 4th and 18 earlier on a QB scramble. This happened repeatedly last year and ODU was successful. Gusty call.

gasoutherneagle
December 10th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Congrats GSU, you have a 2-0 record against us and deservedly so.

Pulling for you to get that 7th NC.

We appreciate it, Monarch Nation. We really do. Y'all got nothin' to be ashamed of! That's a damn good football program y'all have built in the same span of time we did! That alone says volumes! Just wish this conference jumping scenario had happened in the mid-80's with Erk. It would have been almost a mirror image. Hope we can make a rivalry of it in FBS!