PDA

View Full Version : Your Pick to Surprise Tomorrow?

xcoach2
November 30th, 2012, 09:13 PM
I'll take UCA myself. Gritty ballclub with some talent/speed at the skill positions. They drew a tough road challenge but I think they'll be up for it. What say you AGS?

NoDak 4 Ever
November 30th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Sam Houston

DJnva
November 30th, 2012, 09:14 PM
If I had to put money on an upset, I'd probably pick Central Arkansas. But only if I had to pick one.

ITmonarch10
November 30th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Sam Houston
That wouldn't be a surprise at all. I'd say Sam Houston is favored in the contest.

Sammy94
November 30th, 2012, 09:21 PM
I'm going with Stony.

gasoutherneagle
November 30th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Cool!

I can appreciate that. I actually prefer it that way.

GATA

gasoutherneagle
November 30th, 2012, 09:24 PM
I'd say CrAppy State. Long shot at best, I know. But, I got faith!

MR. CHICKEN
November 30th, 2012, 09:28 PM
17303.....ILLINOIS STATE.....TA SHOCK.....DUH ROCK...........xeekx........BUK..BUK..BUK...BRAWK/OBAMA/BIDEN/REDBIRDIES!!!

Lehigh Football Nation
November 30th, 2012, 09:32 PM
The Sun Belt will surprise everybody and not announce that Appalachian State, Georgia Southern, or Lamar are headed to their conference. xlolx

xcoach2
November 30th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Sam Houston

Prepare to get surprised. Your mom will prolly' hear you from the basement (since this is the internets).

gasoutherneagle
November 30th, 2012, 09:42 PM
The Sun Belt will surprise everybody and not announce that Appalachian State, Georgia Southern, or Lamar are headed to their conference. xlolx

Hey, no prob.

OH, and good luck in the playoffs there big guy!xthumbsupx

Gil Dobie
November 30th, 2012, 09:46 PM
I wouldn't be surprised by Sam, UCA, SDSU or Stoney etc.

The only teams I would be surprised with winning are Wagner or CCU.

BEAR
November 30th, 2012, 09:48 PM
I'm gonna say Georgia Southern.

CopperCat
November 30th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Cal Poly

gasoutherneagle
November 30th, 2012, 09:53 PM
I'm gonna say Georgia Southern.

WOW!

That must've hurt.xsmiley_wix

BEAR
November 30th, 2012, 10:06 PM
WOW!

That must've hurt.xsmiley_wix

Nope. I'm usually wrong. Said the same thing about the Sammie game this year..and my prediction about the SFA game was wrong too...I just no good at picking winners. ;.)

Lehigh'98
November 30th, 2012, 10:20 PM
SHSU is a double digit fav. Cal Poly would be the surprise in that one.

Southern Bison
November 30th, 2012, 10:40 PM
I'll take UCA as my surprise winner.

gasoutherneagle
November 30th, 2012, 10:46 PM
I'll take UCA as my surprise winner.

Of course you will.

All NDSU people pretty much are.

Not making a statement of dominance... just sayin'... y'all all seem hell bent on NOT seeing us again for some reason.

Southern Bison
November 30th, 2012, 10:46 PM
5dimes latest lines as we approach gameday...

Wofford (-9) vs. UNH
GaSo (-8) vs. UCA
ODU (-14) vs. Coastal Carolina
App St (-4) vs. Illinois St.
Sam Houston St. (-12) vs. Cal Poly
NDSU (-8) vs. SDSU
E. Washington (-20) vs. Wagner
Montana St. (-10) vs. Stony Brook

ASU_Fanatic
November 30th, 2012, 10:49 PM
Stony Brook maybe

Southern Bison
Of course you will.

Not making a statement of dominance... just sayin'... y'all all seem hell bent on NOT seeing us again for some reason.

Relax...I'm stating that I'd be shocked. I have ya'll moving on in my bracket. I think App, MSU, & SHSU have a better chance of losing than GaSo.

Lehigh Football Nation
Dear God, a -10 line on Montana State? I'd take the Seawolves as my "surprise".

ASU_Fanatic
November 30th, 2012, 10:51 PM
Oh wait, no, SDSU. NDSU mad overrated,

Screamin_Eagle174
November 30th, 2012, 10:53 PM
SDSU... although I wouldn't quite consider that an upset. They should take the Dakota Marker back to Brookings too if/when they win. xnodx

ASU_Fanatic
November 30th, 2012, 10:54 PM
Dear God, a -10 line on Montana State? I'd take the Seawolves as my "surprise".

I don't get betting lines, what does -10 mean?

Southern Bison
November 30th, 2012, 10:58 PM

It means MSU is a 10-pt favorite over Stony Brook. App is a 4-pt favorite.

cbarrier90
November 30th, 2012, 11:02 PM

At your age, that's a good thing. xlolx

-10 is referred to as "the betting line," and is presented usually like this.

Montana State -10 Stony Brook

It could also be read as:

Stony Brook +10 Montana State

This line says that Montana State will beat Stony Brook by 10 points. You can put your money down that Montana State will win by exactly 10 (that term is "cover") more than 10 (taking the "over") or less than 10/loss (taking the "under.")

mountaineer in Cane Land
November 30th, 2012, 11:02 PM
shocked that a NDSU guy picks against ASU for this playoff, seems to be the norm...

cbarrier90
November 30th, 2012, 11:04 PM
shocked that a NDSU guy picks against ASU for this playoff, seems to be the norm...

This might be ISU's best team ever and we aren't THAT good, remember? :)

ASU_Fanatic
November 30th, 2012, 11:04 PM

This line says that Montana State will beat Stony Brook by 10 points. You can put your money down that Montana State will win by exactly 10 (that term is "cover") more than 10 (taking the "over") or less than 10/loss (taking the "under.")

I always thought all that was dumb that doesn't make sense just say Montana State +10 they have to make everything confusing nowadays. The - just makes everything way more confusing than it should be. Well I guess ya learn something new everyday.

ITmonarch10
November 30th, 2012, 11:10 PM

Wofford (-9) vs. UNH - Honestly picking Wofford even with that spread wouldn't be a bad bet. UNH couldn't stop Terrance West at all and they aren't going to stop Eric Breitenstein
GaSo (-8) vs. UCA - I think this should be closer
ODU (-14) vs. Coastal Carolina - About right i'm not expecting a blow out like others
App St (-4) vs. Illinois St. - Homefield might be the only adv for App
Sam Houston St. (-12) vs. Cal Poly - About right
NDSU (-8) vs. SDSU - I think the spread should be a little lower
E. Washington (-20) vs. Wagner - Id take that 20 point spread bet honestly. EWU has been letting some teams get a little to close.
Montana St. (-10) vs. Stony Brook - I have no idea and wouldn't touch this bet at all

Ill be a rebel and take Stony Brook over Montana St.

Southern Bison
November 30th, 2012, 11:12 PM
Of course you will.

Damn!! You SoCon boys get sensitive this close to kickoff...

The App St./Ill St. game is the tightest matchup this weekend between two good playoff-deserving teams. Hell, even the odds makers have it as the closest game and have all week.

WrenFGun
December 1st, 2012, 05:08 AM

Wofford (-9) vs. UNH
GaSo (-8) vs. UCA
ODU (-14) vs. Coastal Carolina
App St (-4) vs. Illinois St.
Sam Houston St. (-12) vs. Cal Poly
NDSU (-8) vs. SDSU
E. Washington (-20) vs. Wagner
Montana St. (-10) vs. Stony Brook

Man, I wish internet gambling was legal. I like UNH with the points a lot; they lost 2 games by more than 3 points all season (granted they lost them by 29 and 37, heh). They've also only lost one or two playoff games in 8 years by more than a touchdown, and they were on the road for all but one of those.

I also REALLY like the App. State and ODU action with those lines. ODU is going to score 40-50 against CCU, IMO, and maybe more. App. State at home, at the Rock, against a team that lost to Missouri State and Southern Illinois (and trust me, I get SIU is a solid team), that's a solid bet.

frozennorth
December 1st, 2012, 05:34 AM
i'll take seawolves and redbirds.

frozennorth
December 1st, 2012, 05:37 AM

is that kinda like how socon people always pick against NDSU?

Saint3333
December 1st, 2012, 07:06 AM

Yet another poster I used to respect has become a troll. Very sad.

gotts
December 1st, 2012, 08:43 AM
Keep doubting surprises!

Fordham
December 1st, 2012, 08:45 AM
SB

Hoping for Wagner, though (nod to Coach Masella)

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2012, 08:55 AM
Keep doubting surprises!

I doubt surprises.

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2012, 09:34 AM
the only surprises would be a Wagner and/or a Coastal win.... all other games could go either way

DSUrocks07
December 1st, 2012, 10:05 AM
My surprise? Wagner won't lose by more than 10. And will have a chance to win the game in the 4th quarter.

MR. CHICKEN
December 1st, 2012, 04:21 PM
17303.....ILLINOIS STATE.....TA SHOCK.....DUH ROCK...........xeekx........BUK..BUK..BUK...BRAWK/OBAMA/BIDEN/REDBIRDIES!!!

FROM POST #8

17306.....38-37....xnodx...BRAWK!

WeAreNorthDakota
December 1st, 2012, 04:45 PM

Not correct. If you take Montana State -10 it means you think MSU's score minus 10 will still beat Stony Brook. If you take Stony Brook +10 it means you think Stony Brook's score plus 10 will beat MSU. Over and Under refer to the total combined points. Each game has a spread (+/-) and a Over/Under.

BEAR
December 1st, 2012, 04:54 PM
Wow. I finally got one right. xlolx

I-AA Fan
December 1st, 2012, 05:03 PM
This might be ISU's best team ever and we aren't THAT good, remember? :)

ASU is not that good. Neither is ILS. Their best team was back in 1999. This team does not have the defensive prowess of past teams ...which is why you were not blown out today, and were able to come back. A couple of ILS players are outright great though.

Redbirdgrad
December 1st, 2012, 05:08 PM
ASU is not that good. Neither is ILS. Their best team was back in 1999. This team does not have the defensive prowess of past teams ...which is why you were not blown out today, and were able to come back. A couple of ILS players are outright great though.

True story.

DSUrocks07
December 1st, 2012, 09:19 PM
My surprise? Wagner won't lose by more than 10. And will have a chance to win the game in the 4th quarter.

xcoolx