PDA

View Full Version : Dexter Coakley's Condition?

MYTAPPY
August 17th, 2006, 09:56 AM
I was surprised to see Dexter back on the field in the exhibition against the Colts. After suffering the injury last season I thought his career was over. Does anyone know the actually status of him? Is he 100 percent? Will he still be a starter on the defense?

Mr. C
August 17th, 2006, 11:47 AM
I was surprised to see Dexter back on the field in the exhibition against the Colts. After suffering the injury last season I thought his career was over. Does anyone know the actually status of him? Is he 100 percent? Will he still be a starter on the defense?
He was working with the first team, so I expect that he is the starter. He showed NO ill effects from the broken ankle and was actually moving well and seemed as fast as ever. He was very active and played a very good game. He had a tackle on the very first play after I turned on the game the other night. Dexter is in the final year of his contract with the Rams and he had hinted that he would probably retire after this season was over. There really never was any thought that the broken ankle was a career-ending injury. If he has a good year (the Rams should be much improved defensively with a new coordinator), he might decide to play longer.

goasu984Life
August 17th, 2006, 12:36 PM
I hope he decided that he can still play. He was a great guy (I had a class with him at Appalachian) and a phenomenal player.