PDA

View Full Version : Willie Fritz to Georgia State?

Lehigh Football Nation
November 27th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Sources tell CoachingSearch that Georgia State has had discussions with Sam Houston State's Willie Fritz. bit.ly/sL3RG4

xsalutex xlolx xlolx xlolx xnodx

No really, now.

Eagle11
November 27th, 2012, 04:24 PM
And they thought they would get a BCS coordinator

danefan
November 27th, 2012, 04:30 PM
$$$$$ talks

frozennorth
November 27th, 2012, 04:31 PM
that would be quite the downgrade for fritz

xcoach2
November 27th, 2012, 04:41 PM
that would be quite the downgrade for fritz

Exactly. That's why it isn't happening. Georgia St is a worse job than Sam and Willie has contacts all over Texas. He'll have better opportunities than UTEP and Georgia St. If not he'll be back at Sam for sure. So Miss opened up today...lots of rumor out there that SMU will open. Possibly UH after there collapse this season. I think Briles (Baylor) may move on to greener pastures and more $$$. Sonny Dykes at La Tech is going to get some opportunities.

BisonBohl
November 27th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Exactly. That's why it isn't happening. Georgia St is a worse job than Sam and Willie has contacts all over Texas. He'll have better opportunities than UTEP and Georgia St. If not he'll be back at Sam for sure. So Miss opened up today...lots of rumor out there that SMU will open. Possibly UH after there collapse this season. I think Briles (Baylor) may move on to greener pastures and more $$$. Sonny Dykes at La Tech is going to get some opportunities.

Oh my one of favorite SHSU poster from last year is back again...good luck this year.

Also Fritz would be an idiot to go t Georgia Sate...

ITmonarch10
November 27th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Oh my one of favorite SHSU poster from last year is back again...good luck this year.

Also Fritz would be an idiot to go t Georgia Sate...

UTEP doesn't look so bad now compared to GaState.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 27th, 2012, 05:29 PM
xsalutex xlolx xlolx xlolx xnodx

No really, now.

State fans are probably galled at the thought of a lowly FCS coach running their program, but Fritz can probably put out the dumpster fire better than any of the BCS coordinators they want.

cmaxwellgsu
November 27th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Wow going to Ga State would be career suicide.

Franks Tanks
November 28th, 2012, 08:17 AM

He is apparently interviewing at NC State.

Tuscon
November 28th, 2012, 10:31 AM
I would love Fritz. He proven that he can put out a dumpster fire and fast. One of the better names I've heard. Most of the people that have said they HAVE to have a BCS coordinator are named panama, btw. A head coach from the FCS that has proven he can whip a program into shape is exactly what we need. I'd be extremely happy with this hire.

Sammy94
November 28th, 2012, 10:44 AM
It's not happening.

TheRevSFA
November 28th, 2012, 10:46 AM
It's not happening.

That Fritz is going to GA State? Probably not..

but I bet he takes an offer. So many teams are putting him on the list

BEAR
November 28th, 2012, 10:56 AM
I have a source that has a source that has a source that has a source that Fritz is going to <insert division I school name here> and he's been offered already by <insert division I school name here> so it's over <insert insult to Sam fans here>

TheRevSFA
November 28th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Honestly considering what he is losing from this years team:
10 starters, 3 on offense, 6 on defense, and a punter, 22 seniors overall

Then you think about the next season when he loses all his offensive firepower.

It's hard to honestly imagine him coming back after this season, especially since right now he is a hot commodity. I mean we're talking about someone who is 164-61 as a collegiate head coach. With 2 jr college titles, a MIAA title, and a FCS title game appearance.

Maybe he does strike while the iron is hot...

Tuscon
November 28th, 2012, 11:59 AM
And for the sake of GSU, maybe he likes a project. I know it's not likely, but I'm a fan of both names I've heard quasi officially. Neither of them are BCS coordinators. Shane Beamer is the other name that's popped up.

Sammy94
November 28th, 2012, 12:02 PM
With his ties to Huntsville and Sam, I don't see him moving just because of a pay raise. If the right situation comes along and he gets an offer he can't refuse, I am sure he would take it. I just don't see the schools that are being mentioned so far being that opportunity.

robsnotes4u
November 28th, 2012, 12:10 PM
With his ties to Huntsville and Sam, I don't see him moving just because of a pay raise. If the right situation comes along and he gets an offer he can't refuse, I am sure he would take it. I just don't see the schools that are being mentioned so far being that opportunity.

Some seem to move up no matter where, look at Bobby Hauck leaving Montana? He had an impressive résumé. Going to UNLV?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

xcoach2
November 28th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Honestly considering what he is losing from this years team:
10 starters, 3 on offense, 6 on defense, and a punter, 22 seniors overall

Then you think about the next season when he loses all his offensive firepower.

It's hard to honestly imagine him coming back after this season, especially since right now he is a hot commodity. I mean we're talking about someone who is 164-61 as a collegiate head coach. With 2 jr college titles, a MIAA title, and a FCS title game appearance.

Maybe he does strike while the iron is hot...

Hey Rev,

I think you're greatly underestimating Sam's past two recruiting classes. Both QB's signed last year are studs. The Johnson kid has a chance to be special. Then you have the (WR) Chance Nelson, (RB) Keshawn Hill, (RB) Ridgeway Frank, etc. The defenses loses a lot next year...particularly in the secondary but they have young talent there.

Whether he's back or not will largely depend on what opportunites are presented to him.

TheRevSFA
November 28th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Hey Rev,

I think you're greatly underestimating Sam's past two recruiting classes. Both QB's signed last year are studs. The Johnson kid has a chance to be special. Then you have the (WR) Chance Nelson, (RB) Keshawn Hill, (RB) Ridgeway Frank, etc. The defenses loses a lot next year...particularly in the secondary but they have young talent there.

Whether he's back or not will largely depend on what opportunites are presented to him.

I may be underestimating. Hill has looked great in the games he has played, but as we all know, winning in the SLC is cyclic. Will his next group be as good as the guys he has now? Will Hill be the next Flanders?

I mean Johnson has to be better than Big Game Bell

Samalum'10
November 28th, 2012, 02:00 PM
I may be underestimating. Hill has looked great in the games he has played, but as we all know, winning in the SLC is cyclic. Will his next group be as good as the guys he has now? Will Hill be the next Flanders?

I mean Johnson has to be better than Big Game Bell

Well, KHill is a different type of runner than Flanders, but he is completely capable of putting up the same numbers. When given the oppurtunity, KHill will be a stud. Johnson could put up big numbers, Grett is going to be more of a game manager like Bell. The biggest question is our secondary. If we can adequately replace our starters this year, we'll be at/near the top of the SLC for a while.

katstrapper
November 28th, 2012, 02:26 PM
The thread on Katfans .com stated that Ga State has had discussions with WF about job, but havent contacted AD for permission to talk to him? How does that happen? Sounds like a bunch of bs to me.

It is interesting to me that all these rumors are popping up this week right ahead of playoff game on Saturday.

TheRevSFA
November 28th, 2012, 02:30 PM
The thread on Katfans .com stated that Ga State has had discussions with WF about job, but havent contacted AD for permission to talk to him? How does that happen? Sounds like a bunch of bs to me.

It is interesting to me that all these rumors are popping up this week right ahead of playoff game on Saturday.

It's called a rumor mill. Rumors are on there. They aren't always true, but realize that Fritz is a hot commodity.

kingkat99
November 28th, 2012, 02:31 PM

Must be a conspiracy...

Tuscon
November 28th, 2012, 03:15 PM

I wondered about that myself. Maybe that just means there have been no official talks, as in an interview, but they've tested the waters to see if he's even interested. Who really knows? It seems to me that something is going on otherwise there'd be no rumor. I'm personally starting to like Fritz better than Beamer just because we know he has the ability can turn whatever the hell it is we've been doing around.

KATS_21
November 28th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Why is Fritz the hottest name in FCS? Sam went 6-5, 14-1 and 8-3. The FBS schools need to go pick on NDSU, EWU, GaSo, MSU and leave Mr. Fritz out of the conversation.

LuckyKat
November 28th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Unless its an FBS job that is truly a next level job, I dont see the move,
Just for kicks, I went through the roster last night, and its far closer to a RE-load vs RE-build situation
the roster is full of 5A and 4A All state, and All Disctrict players,
that combined with solid history of FBS transfer should put the 2013 at the top
of the SLC preseason ranking again,

Sammy94
November 28th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Why is Fritz the hottest name in FCS? Sam went 6-5, 14-1 and 8-3. The FBS schools need to go pick on NDSU, EWU, GaSo, MSU and leave Mr. Fritz out of the conversation.

I agree, we shouldn't even be in the playoffs. We never play anybody except DII schools. Go knock on Coach Bohl's door.

Sam_Kats
November 28th, 2012, 03:48 PM
TRUE, TRUE.

TheRevSFA
November 28th, 2012, 03:57 PM

That's why.

He turned around that joke that was Sam football in the mid 2000s under TW.

Sam_Kats
November 28th, 2012, 04:00 PM
That's why.

He turned around that joke that was Sam football in the mid 2000s under TW.

50-35-2

10-3 since 2000

BOOM.

TheRevSFA
November 28th, 2012, 04:17 PM
50-35-2

10-3 since 2000

BOOM.

Yep and how much of that was Whitten? I wasn't referring to randleman

BisonBohl
November 28th, 2012, 04:20 PM

A lot of it probably has to do with where he is coaching (location), his connections and familiarity with the area and the fbs schools with vacancies. Fritz is a fine coach who has turned SHSU to a quality team. Why wouldn't people be asking about him?

KATS_21
November 28th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Yep and how much of that was Whitten? I wasn't referring to randleman

TW was 4-1 against the 'Jacks................

TheRevSFA
November 28th, 2012, 06:46 PM

Yep Santiago and McFarland were quality coaching opponents

LuckyKat
November 28th, 2012, 06:55 PM

That was Crazy, probably the only reason he hung around as long as he did,

KATS_21
November 28th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Yep Santiago and McFarland were quality coaching opponents

Nothing like losing an argument and then start throwing out excuses. TW beat the Jacks, Fritz is 2-1 so far and the Kats have dominated the series since 2000. I would be pretty upset if I kept losing to a "joke" of a program.

xcoach2
November 28th, 2012, 07:10 PM
damm Rev, you got "processed."

BEAR
November 28th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Fritz the Kat will be there a looooooooooong time!

http://www.movieposterstudio.com/pimg/FritzTheCat_Q.jpg

A little bit of Huntsville in that pic huh?

TheRevSFA
November 28th, 2012, 07:29 PM
damm Rev, you got "processed."

Damn you're right. I did.

My life has no meaning now that I got processed by two posters I've drank with

Whatever shall I do?

TheRevSFA
November 28th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Nothing like losing an argument and then start throwing out excuses. TW beat the Jacks, Fritz is 2-1 so far and the Kats have dominated the series since 2000. I would be pretty upset if I kept losing to a "joke" of a program.

Yep. Can't argue with that.

At least we beat y'all recently. I don't want to even think about Texas state

BEAR
November 28th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Damn you're right. I did.

My life has no meaning now that I got processed by two posters I've drank with

Whatever shall I do?

Drank?

TheRevSFA
November 28th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Drank?

Drinking is always an answer.

Maybe I'll stare out at the ocean and feel the error of my ways...

20KAT12
November 30th, 2012, 03:43 PM
I have a source that has a source that has a source that has a source that Fritz is going to <insert division I school name here> and he's been offered already by <insert division I school name here> so it's over <insert insult to Sam fans here>

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx