PDA

View Full Version : Illinois State at Appalachian State

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

PaulsonStadium
December 5th, 2012, 05:27 PM
A great football game and you ruin it with smack.
Redbirdgrad has rustled some jimmes on this board.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-shmcgxsEhaY/T_WTFC9FbcI/AAAAAAAADfM/VzOtWZkDnKY/s640/rustled-my-jimmies-u-rustled.jpg

GoVols
December 5th, 2012, 07:26 PM
ASU guys, out of curiosity, did we make any noise at the game, I know there weren't many of us, but I thought we made good noise for our numbers.

GoVols
December 5th, 2012, 07:28 PM
And for the record, you guys can welcome me to The Rock as often as you wish, that place was awesome, loud, beautiful, and left us all envious of your facilities!!

PhillyApp1
December 5th, 2012, 09:24 PM
ASU guys, out of curiosity, did we make any noise at the game, I know there weren't many of us, but I thought we made good noise for our numbers.

We heard you especially after the last play....welcome back anytime...Redbird fans were great....i believe The Rock is about to get even more exciting.

AppIAA
December 6th, 2012, 09:08 AM
You're quoting me and then replaying a video that proved your fans can be loud in a football stadium during a big sequence???

Have that noise level ALL game and maybe something different would have happened...

Oh yeah, that's right, you were losing most of it. Sorry bout your bad luck.

Try this as my favorite memory from that game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBeLsc5qqnw

Just curious, how many false starts did you have throughout the whole game? I'm sure you don't know, so here's the answer:

1 in first quarter
3 in second quarter -- all on second possession of second quarter
2 in 4th quarter as displayed in the video

To say it wasn't loud at all during the game is just ignorance. Was it louder on the biggest defensive stance of the season? Absolutely it was and it should have been.

End of story is it was a battle of two good teams and came down to which team made the bigger play when it was needed.

AppIAA
December 6th, 2012, 09:11 AM

From the other side of the field, I could hear cheers, but could not hear what you were actually saying. After the blocked PAT, we could hear you loud and clear. But, I think we probably could have heard a pin drop since all App fans were immediately silenced.

Glad you enjoyed your time at The Rock. I obviously wish the outcome were different, but it was a damn good college football game!

Apphole
December 6th, 2012, 09:46 AM

No more than your team did in celebration.

Redbirdgrad
December 6th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Just curious, how many false starts did you have throughout the whole game? I'm sure you don't know, so here's the answer:

1 in first quarter
3 in second quarter -- all on second possession of second quarter
2 in 4th quarter as displayed in the video

To say it wasn't loud at all during the game is just ignorance. Was it louder on the biggest defensive stance of the season? Absolutely it was and it should have been.

End of story is it was a battle of two good teams and came down to which team made the bigger play when it was needed.

I didn't know how many false starts we had, so thank you for providing me with the information. Looks like you were a factor on 2 of our drives. I'm assuming that's pretty average for a home crowd to affect. Kudos to you for that.

It was a fanastic game played between two worthy teams. I've said all along the game would be closer and better than some App fans thought. I was just trying to give the ISU perspective on why I thought we would win for the last 2 weeks. Some took offense to a different viewpoint. Looks like it was correct though.

Given ten games, I bet each team wins 5.

AppIAA
December 6th, 2012, 10:37 AM
I didn't know how many false starts we had, so thank you for providing me with the information. Looks like you were a factor on 2 of our drives. I'm assuming that's pretty average for a home crowd to affect. Kudos to you for that.

It was a fanastic game played between two worthy teams. I've said all along the game would be closer and better than some App fans thought. I was just trying to give the ISU perspective on why I thought we would win for the last 2 weeks. Some took offense to a different viewpoint. Looks like it was correct though.

Given ten games, I bet each team wins 5.

This was in response to you saying the crowd had no dictation of how the game went and was quiet until we were tied. Just proving that is simply not true at all. By my calculation, that affected 3 drives. Noticing you had 13 total, that's nearly a quarter of your drives that were affected by the crowd noise. So again, to say we were absolutely quiet all game until the last drive is incredibly false.

I have said all along this game was a bad draw for App. I would have much rather New Hampshire come down to us instead of you guys. During tailgating, I said we matched up better against EWU than we did you guys so I was hoping to squeak by with a win to get to EWU.

Redbirdgrad
December 6th, 2012, 11:18 AM
I was watching the game and listening to the crowd. We took you out of it until the 4th quarter. You have to admit it was a pretty quiet stadium for what you're used to.

Yes, there were false starts along the way (happens in every game).

App State had FOUR false starts, as the home team. Was your crowd involved in those?
Illinois State had SIX. Two more than App State.

Your "Rock" home field advantage produced two more false starts than your own team had.

Congrats for that. Tip of the hat to you.

steelbison
December 6th, 2012, 11:31 AM
As much as we heard about App's speed, we heard just as much about how the MVFC is the only conference who plays defense and nobody would be able to move the ball on them. App scored 37 points and put up 434 yards of offense. The better team won but it certainly was not because of smothering defense by ISU.

This was a game between the SoCon and MVFC and both teams were considered the 2nd or 3rd best team in their respective conference. The game was decided by a blocked PAT in overtime. Not exactly an argument to support that the MVFC is head and shoulders above the SoCon as we've heard all year.

Good game by ISU.

Agree!!! Big difference is the Valley went 6-7 deep in quality teams this year. Ill St was the third best team in the conference. They won on the road in the playoffs. Plus this is the first time any of their players made the post season.

My guess is they will play even better this week an knock off the top team in the Big Sky on their field.

When that happens maybe your opinion may change?

Saint3333
December 6th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Big difference in this game was an obviously injured QB.

asumike83
December 6th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Agree!!! Big difference is the Valley went 6-7 deep in quality teams this year. Ill St was the third best team in the conference. They won on the road in the playoffs. Plus this is the first time any of their players made the post season.

My guess is they will play even better this week an knock off the top team in the Big Sky on their field.

When that happens maybe your opinion may change?

My opinion of ISU will not change, I have said since the bracket came out that I like the ASU/ISU winner to make the Semifinals.

They played a very good game and deserved to win. The third best teams in the SoCon and MVFC went head to head and could not have been more evenly matched, so a win over EWU would not change my opinion that the SoCon and MVFC are very comparable on the field. I do think they will win though.

AppIAA
December 6th, 2012, 12:01 PM
I was watching the game and listening to the crowd. We took you out of it until the 4th quarter. You have to admit it was a pretty quiet stadium for what you're used to.

Yes, it was quieter, but that wasn't a product of you taking us out of it. There was never a domination on either side of the ball. It was a product of 14,000 less people than we are used to (at least regular season attendance)