PDA

View Full Version : Illinois State at Appalachian State

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Mr. C
December 1st, 2012, 03:52 PM
Visions of Ken Stabler against the Miami Dolphins as Peacock is hit, throws up a duck and hits Bailey for a 10-yard TD.

Appalachian State 31, Illinois State 31, 3:31 left.

Mr. C
December 1st, 2012, 03:53 PM
Second time Peacock has thrown to Bailey out of Wildcat formation for a TD.

Edge316007
December 1st, 2012, 03:54 PM
That just happened.

B&G
December 1st, 2012, 03:54 PM
Man, I hate that all of those App fans missed that play so they could go do yard work.

Mr. C
December 1st, 2012, 03:56 PM
ISU starts at the 25 on the touchback. Walker almost fumbles on the catch to the 32.

Mr. C
December 1st, 2012, 03:56 PM
High throw from Brown out of bounds. 3rd and 3 from the 32.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 1st, 2012, 03:58 PM
Fantastic Finish!!!!!

Mr. C
False start on a motion to a tight double slot. And then another false start VERY LOUD HERE.

Mr. C
Montana loud.

Mr. C
December 1st, 2012, 03:59 PM
Brown throws out of bounds. 4th down. 2:39 left.

ALPHAGRIZ1
Montana loud.

Cmon MAN

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Apphole
Welcome to The Rock Redbirds.

Mr. C
December 1st, 2012, 04:00 PM
Return by Beathard to the ASU 29. 2:27 left. 40 yards would get ASU in field goal range.

Wallace
wallace get out of the thread if you're only going to **** it up

you mean like the ASU homers? Mr. C ASU already did it

Mr. C
Peacock to the 34 on a catch in bounds

Mr. C
December 1st, 2012, 04:01 PM
Jackson is sacked at the 27. 3rd and 11.

Redbirdgrad
December 1st, 2012, 04:01 PM
Welcome to The Rock Redbirds.

Hahahahaha.... some rock.

You guys have been asleep for 3 1/2 quarters!

Everyone knew it would be a great game (except ASU fans).

No worries either way no matter who wins. Great game between 2 schools. But don't give me this, "welcome to the rock" crap!

Mr. C
December 1st, 2012, 04:02 PM
First down on a ridiculous spot to the ASU 39.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 1st, 2012, 04:03 PM

Just like most trolls your going to have your face ****ed before this is over......enjoy the dicstick you will be choking on soon.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Mr. C
December 1st, 2012, 04:03 PM
1:07 left and Jackson is sacked at the 36 by Underwood.

Mr. C
December 1st, 2012, 04:04 PM
Great hit by Ben Ericksen and a great catch at the 46 for Peacock. 3rd and 3 time out ASU No. 1. 42 seconds left.

Mr. C
December 1st, 2012, 04:05 PM

I've covered 25 games live this year from most conferences in FCS. How many venues you been to?

Mr. C
December 1st, 2012, 04:05 PM
Jackson keeper to the 49 inches short. 4th down.

Mr. C
December 1st, 2012, 04:06 PM
Overtime???

Mr. C
December 1st, 2012, 04:07 PM
Martin hangs the punt up so high one second is left.

Apphole
December 1st, 2012, 04:07 PM
Ready for Hallock to pull a Trey Elder

Mr. C
December 1st, 2012, 04:08 PM
Third overtime playoff game in ASU history. First time ever at Kidd Brewer Stadium.

theasushow
December 1st, 2012, 04:08 PM
Oh God I can't handle college OT.

asumike83
December 1st, 2012, 04:10 PM

No worries either way no matter who wins. Great game between 2 schools. But don't give me this, "welcome to the rock" crap!

I'd say consecutive false starts with the game on the line is a "welcome to The Rock" moment. You're absolutely right though, great game between two good teams.

Apphole
December 1st, 2012, 04:11 PM

Two false starts in a row. I suppose a troll like you would claim coincidence. ...

theasushow
Both teams are evenly matched, great game, sucks somebody has to lose a game like this...especially in the playoffs.

Apphole

Two false starts in a row. I suppose a troll like you would claim coincidence. ...

Mr. C
December 1st, 2012, 04:13 PM
ASU wins the toss and chooses defense.

Apphole
December 1st, 2012, 04:13 PM
Both teams are evenly matched, great game, sucks somebody has to lose a game like this...especially in the playoffs.

Yeah right. It took two quarters for our offense to shake the cob webs off. If we played last week we would have coasted to a win already.

Mr. C
December 1st, 2012, 04:15 PM
First down TD pass to the TE for ISU.

Apphole

Mr. C
High snap on the PAT, great hold to get it down and the kick is through inside the left upright. ISU 38, ASU 31.

B&G
December 1st, 2012, 04:16 PM
Coasted? With that defense?

Mr. C
December 1st, 2012, 04:16 PM
Jackson sprint pass to Price to the 9.

Mr. C
December 1st, 2012, 04:17 PM
Miller with extra effort on the zone read to the 4. 2nd down.

Mr. C
December 1st, 2012, 04:17 PM
Price stop route and Jackson hits him in the end zone for the score.

Redbirdgrad
December 1st, 2012, 04:18 PM
Yeah right. It took two quarters for our offense to shake the cob webs off. If we played last week we would have coasted to a win already.

Statements like this are why nobody takes you seriously.

theasushow
ballgame.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
Wow!! Congrats ISU!!!

Mr. C
High snap low kick and Martin's PAT is blocked.

BullDog85
App looses on blocked extra pt.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 1st, 2012, 04:19 PM
Wow.

Mr. C
Illinois State 38, Appalachian State 31, Overtime.

Wallace
Just like most trolls your going to have your face ****ed before this is over......enjoy the dicstick you will be choking on soon.

Enjoy your fate loser

kdinva
Darn lousy way for anyone to lose a ballgame.......props to Ill. State for winning in that environment (like ElCid did).

Go Lehigh TU Owl
ISU blew up the middle of the ASU line.

Apphole
Wow. Circumstance favors the Red Terds.

Mr. C
December 1st, 2012, 04:20 PM
Two high snaps there, one holder got it down properly and won the game for his team.

Redbirdgrad
WELCOME TO THE ROCK!!!!!!

theasushow
Good Lord what a way to end the season...good game ISU, good luck in the playoffs. Good effort ASU, lets hit the weights and get ready for next year.

X-Factor
So much for that southern SPEEEEED!!!!!

Wallace
December 1st, 2012, 04:21 PM
I've covered 25 games live this year from most conferences in FCS. How many venues you been to?

Waaaaaaaaaay more than you troll

Redbirdgrad
In all seriousness, congrats to App State on a heck of a season, and I wish we weren't playing you because I would be cheering for you in any other game.

Good luck next year and I hope you make the FBS jump soon.

Apphole
Statements like this are why nobody takes you seriously.

Check the little green boxes mr. 19 posts. Enjoy your lucky win with all 500 of the rest of your fanbase.

mainejeff
Time for ASU to move to the FBS. They've done everything that they can do at this level.......recent playoff results will only erode support for their program. Time to move on.......

Redbirdgrad
December 1st, 2012, 04:22 PM
Check the little green boxes mr. 19 posts. Enjoy your lucky win with all 500 of the rest of your fanbase.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!! Yes, posts=wisdom on message boards, I forgot.

I'll bow down to your "Southern Speed" that totally ran us off your field today.

aces1180
December 1st, 2012, 04:23 PM
Great win for the Valley ISU!

Apphole
December 1st, 2012, 04:24 PM

I'll bow down to your "Southern Speed" that totally ran us off your field today.
You're done next week. See you in a bowl game soon. Oh wait...

Mr. C
Very good second half from both teams.

Wallace

Don't forget that going to east coast games = wisdom as well

SeattleGriz
Congratulations on making the playoffs ASU (no snarkiness). Hope to meet as many as possible next season in Missoula.

RadioFan
Oh well.

Good game ISU.

GoVols
December 1st, 2012, 04:25 PM
Holy Crap, Birds win in Boone!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redbirdgrad
December 1st, 2012, 04:25 PM
You're done next week. See you in a bowl game soon. Oh wait...

Wait, I thought we were done THIS week? What happened to that.

Yes, now the attention turns to your 1 and dones and "is that good enough to get us into the FBS?" conversation... so quick you are to turn your attention FROM the Redbirds who just sent The Rock home crying.

mmiller_34
December 1st, 2012, 04:27 PM
Wow. This thread got real hostile.

X-Factor
Words of wisdom from the sore losers are always hilarious!

Edge316007
Disgusting execution on the PAT. Half the line didn't even bother to block. Losing Shawn Elliott was the biggest blow this team has had in the last 5 years.

Redbirdgrad
December 1st, 2012, 04:28 PM
Just wondering how many will stay here to eat their crow...

Over under is 2 1/2 posters. Any takers on the over?

Drblankstare
Heartbreaking loss for App, that's a tough way to go out. Congrats on a great season, anyway.

Apphole
Wait, I thought we were done THIS week? What happened to that.

Yes, now the attention turns to your 1 and dones and "is that good enough to get us into the FBS?" conversation... so quick you are to turn your attention FROM the Redbirds who just sent The Rock home crying.
You sure do crow a lot for a fan of a team that makes the playoffs every 10 years and can't get 7k fans to your highschool stadium. I guess ignorance is bliss. Congrats on a rare ray of light for your program today. Your classlessness is ruining it for your decent fans though.

X-Factor
Wow. This thread got real hostile.

Thank apphole aka thefan 2.0

theasushow
December 1st, 2012, 04:29 PM
So much for that southern SPEEEEED!!!!!

We did have more speed, but speed doesnt always mean a win. Tough way to lose, but great effort by both teams. Best of luck to ISU. Speed helped GSU and Wofford get wins today...we came up a little bit short. You win some and you lose some.

SpeedkingATL
December 1st, 2012, 04:30 PM
Tight game as I expected. Disapointing finish; just didn't make the plays when it counted. Good luck to the Redbirds on the Red Turf next week.

Redbirdgrad
December 1st, 2012, 04:32 PM
You sure do crow a lot for a fan of a team that makes the playoffs every 10 years and can't get 7k fans to your highschool stadium. I guess ignorance is bliss. Congrats on a rare ray of light for your program today. Your classlessness is ruining it for your decent fans though.

A. Stadium is being upgraded, so that's moot.
B. Fill your stadium during Playoff Games before you talk about anyone else's attendance.
C. Ignorance? Again, are you posting based on post count? That statement was beyond ignorant.
D. Classlessness? No... I've been very classy with all of App Nation who can manage to have an adult conversation. You needed called out, and since I've been here all week telling you how we're going to come to your stadium and win, I was the one who was going to do it.

E. Good luck on moving to FBS.

HailSzczur
December 1st, 2012, 04:32 PM
Wow, back to back to back playoff losses by App St, and all at home. Wish the game wasn't blacked out for me, I was stuck watching gamecast, looks like I missed a hell of a game

CB Eagle
December 1st, 2012, 04:33 PM

Haha. The irony of this post.

asknoquarter21
December 1st, 2012, 04:34 PM
ISU has a Defensive line that is capable of winning a national championship.
Congrats to them

My concern for ASU is that this is the third time we lost in the playoffs and didn't look like we wanted to be playing(first half). It would feel a lot worse if we weren't going to be so good next season. They have a long time to think about this one.

GSU EAGLES
December 1st, 2012, 04:37 PM
App needs to move up. With the early losses in the playoffs, you guys are losing momentum. Moving FBS will give you a new burst of energy. Armanti have any brothers in highschool?

caribbeanhen
tough way to lose a ballgame but from what I could see, the best team escaped with a victory

Lehigh Football Nation
4th and inches and you don't go for it?

SpeedkingATL
December 1st, 2012, 04:38 PM
ISU's offensive line didn'st power App off the ball on running plays but they did a great job of protecting the QB. He had plenty of time to hit his receivers. Although they didn't get a lot of sacks, they kept the pressure on JJ all day.

ASU_Fanatic
Fml we had this game won in regulation but took no shots down the field. Horrendous play calling and heart breaking loss

Edge316007
tough way to lose a ballgame but from what I could see, the best team escaped with a victory

This game was about as mirror image as you get.

theasushow
December 1st, 2012, 04:40 PM
ISU has a Defensive line that is capable of winning a national championship.
Congrats to them

My concern for ASU is that this is the third time we lost in the playoffs and didn't look like we wanted to be playing(first half). It would feel a lot worse if we weren't going to be so good next season. They have a long time to think about this one.

With virtually all of the offense coming back, including jj, and now with Satterfield back in the rhythm, next year should be like the AE days.

asumike83
December 1st, 2012, 04:42 PM

You guys got a great win and it was a heartbreaking loss for us. Enjoy the victory, your team earned it.

A guy who joined 3 days ago coming on here to mock the App fans right after a game like that just makes you look like a child.

Good game.

Redbirdgrad
December 1st, 2012, 04:42 PM
And here we go with the "next year" posts... I wondered when they would come out.

Redbirdgrad
December 1st, 2012, 04:44 PM
You guys got a great win and it was a heartbreaking loss for us. Enjoy the victory, your team earned it.

A guy who joined 3 days ago coming on here to mock the App fans right after a game like that just makes you look like a child.

Good game.

The mocking wouldn't happen against 99% of teams. But the sense of entitlement Appalachian State has when it came to this game sent me over the edge. Long time reader, just joined as a poster because nobody posted on ISU's behalf.

Zero people outside of the MVFC fans gave us a chance, yet here we are moving on in the bracket.

Until you learn to respect your opponent and other conferences, get ready to eat crow when you lose. 99% of FCS teams are fun to follow.

theasushow
December 1st, 2012, 04:46 PM
And here we go with the "next year" posts... I wondered when they would come out.

well...we lost. this season is over. I am not gonna sit around depressed for 9 months waiting for next season over losing a dern football game.

Redbirdgrad
December 1st, 2012, 04:47 PM
You could go join your buddy outside and do some yardwork. I think that App State fan went outside about 2 hours or so ago...

asumike83
The mocking wouldn't happen against 99% of teams. But the sense of entitlement Appalachian State has when it came to this game sent me over the edge. Long time reader, just joined as a poster because nobody posted on ISU's behalf.

Zero people outside of the MVFC fans gave us a chance, yet here we are moving on in the bracket.

Until you learn to respect your opponent and other conferences, get ready to eat crow when you lose. 99% of FCS teams are fun to follow.

Pick any post I made leading up to this game, I had full respect for ISU.

Wallace
Congrats to App State, a team always representing well. Next year will be successful as well.

cbarrier90
December 1st, 2012, 04:49 PM
You could go join your buddy outside and do some yardwork. I think that App State fan went outside about 2 hours or so ago...

You stay classy.

Good game, ISU. Loved the heart this team showed when we could have just rolled over at points. Not pleased that we lost, but the way we lost.

Wallace
December 1st, 2012, 04:50 PM
Matt Brown throwing 5 playoff TD passes, wow! Only one other player has done that in D-I playoff history

Wallace
December 1st, 2012, 04:51 PM
Ironically the biggest ASU victory was accomplished on a blocked kick

Redbirdgrad
December 1st, 2012, 04:52 PM
You stay classy.

Good game, ISU. Loved the heart this team showed when we could have just rolled over at points. Not pleased that we lost, but the way we lost.

Relax, it was a joke. An app fan made the same one an hour ago.

App State had a TON of heart and it's a shame either team had to lose. Looks like you return a lot of players for next year, so good luck going forward.

ITmonarch10
December 1st, 2012, 04:53 PM

Not really, I think people all year were saying the MVFC was the toughest all year. This was also 1 of 3 games people thought would be the closest along with GSU vs Central ark and SDSU vs NDSU. Coastal Carolina beating ODU, Wagner beating EWU, and Cal Poly beating Sam Houston are surprises from teams that nobody thought would win. So stop crying and just keep winning.

asknoquarter21
December 1st, 2012, 04:54 PM

It's football...Your team won today, be thankful because someday they won't.

I realize fans in general will overreact one way or another especially in a game that ends the way this one does, but going to a forum where you aren't held accountable at all seems a bit childish to me.

ASU has had great success in the past and with that comes high expectations. ASU did expect to win this game, I think that is part of being successful. ISU certainly got some attention today with the win. Congrats again.

cbarrier90
4th and inches and you don't go for it?

Jamal was playing on one foot at that point. Ball was inside App's 50. Brown has enough time to make a short pass then ISU kicks game winner.

The issue I had was not going for 2 when you had ST woes all season.

theasushow

Jesus Christ dude, I told ISU they played a great game and congrats on the win and good luck the rest of the playoffs, the better team won today. Now are we supposed to sit around for the next 9 months and constantly applaud ISU for winning a close football game? Do we need to start 10-15 threads congratulating them on a hard fought win? what more do you want? you won, congrats.

Redbirdgrad
December 1st, 2012, 04:57 PM
Man these App State fans are testy! Relax and realize this is just a game, nothing more.

Whether Illinois State won or App State won today, there's no reason to get your blood pressure up.

I took some ribbing for a week or so on here with my support for the Birds, so don't be upset when I give it right back for a little while after the outcome has been decided!!!!

Wallace
December 1st, 2012, 04:59 PM
Matt Brown throwing 5 playoff TD passes, wow! Only one other player has done that in D-I playoff history

that ODU QB threw for 6 today to push the bar even further

cbarrier90
December 1st, 2012, 05:00 PM
Relax, it was a joke. An app fan made the same one an hour ago.

App State had a TON of heart and it's a shame either team had to lose. Looks like you return a lot of players for next year, so good luck going forward.

Give me a freakin' break, dude. This is your best team ever and instead of enjoying the moment, you'd rather talk trash.

Redbirdgrad
December 1st, 2012, 05:00 PM
Give me a freakin' break, dude. This is your best team ever and instead of enjoying the moment, you'd rather talk trash.

Not our best team ever. Our semifinal team was.

AppAlum2003
December 1st, 2012, 05:01 PM
A. Stadium is being upgraded, so that's moot.
B. Fill your stadium during Playoff Games before you talk about anyone else's attendance.
C. Ignorance? Again, are you posting based on post count? That statement was beyond ignorant.
D. Classlessness? No... I've been very classy with all of App Nation who can manage to have an adult conversation. You needed called out, and since I've been here all week telling you how we're going to come to your stadium and win, I was the one who was going to do it.

E. Good luck on moving to FBS.

Thats hilarious... We had more for our playoff game today than ISU does in regular season attendance. Do you really want to compare programs? You'll lose quick. Now get off the Internet, your mom needs you upstairs.

cbarrier90
December 1st, 2012, 05:02 PM
And now T-Dog is saying that Jamal says in the press conference he needs major knee surgery...

This team has gotten zero breaks...

cbarrier90
December 1st, 2012, 05:03 PM
Not our best team ever. Our semifinal team was.

This IS a semi final team. That enough of a compliment for you?

ASU_Fanatic
December 1st, 2012, 05:04 PM
App should have won but congrats ISU

Redbirdgrad
Thanks for the compliment!

I still think our other team was better though. That offense would run circles around the one we have right now.

theasushow
Well you're allowed to ride your high horse for a short while. But trust me, if there is anything I have learned from being in the playoffs the past 8 YEARS, is don't get too high on your team. We have COASTED through first round games in the past, looking like a NC contender, only to have our asses beat in the 2 round (see Richmond and Villanova). I am pretty sure that teams like GSU have already put todays win behind them. Again, good luck at EWU, hopefully the travel wont take its toll on ISU.

Redbirdgrad
App should have won but congrats ISU

This... right here... is why I'm on this thread and wont let it die.

Redbirdgrad
December 1st, 2012, 05:06 PM
Thats hilarious... We had more for our playoff game today than ISU does in regular season attendance. Do you really want to compare programs? You'll lose quick. Now get off the Internet, your mom needs you upstairs.

Please do your homework. 1/2 of our stands were tore down all year and we dont have the maximum capacity we usually do.

Not saying "ours is bigger" or anything like that, but you act like we play at a high school stadium and that's not the case.

Redbirdgrad
December 1st, 2012, 05:07 PM
]. Again, good luck at EWU, hopefully the travel wont take its toll on ISU.

Thanks man. I think the travel going from coast to coast will definitely play a part, but EWU is a tough out no matter where or when you play them! That's assuming they win their game this evening though.

AppAlum2003
December 1st, 2012, 05:07 PM
Please do your homework. 1/2 of our stands were tore down all year and we dont have the maximum capacity we usually do.

Not saying "ours is bigger" or anything like that, but you act like we play at a high school stadium and that's not the case.

All I'm reading there are excuses from a classless idiot that doesn't know how to "act like he's been there before." You make me ashamed that I grew up in Illinois.

Redbirdgrad
December 1st, 2012, 05:10 PM
All I'm reading there are excuses from a classless idiot that doesn't know how to "act like he's been there before." You make me ashamed that I grew up in Illinois.

Excuses???? HAHAAHAHAHA... I'm giving you facts.

If you have a stadium that sits 10,000 and then take half of it away, leaving 5,000, you can't fill you stadium to regular capacity. Those are facts using round numbers for you.

An excuse would be to say it rained a lot and nobody wanted to come. Please learn to recognize facts from excuses. I'm ashamed you came from Illinois as well.

Redbirdgrad
December 1st, 2012, 05:14 PM
Well my work here is done.

Good luck to App State in the future. Heck of a battle and a lot of heart. Wish you could have advanced to.

deez_na
December 1st, 2012, 05:14 PM
App should have won? They were down 11 after 3. they are lucky it made ot

AppAlum2003
December 1st, 2012, 05:15 PM
Excuses???? HAHAAHAHAHA... I'm giving you facts.

If you have a stadium that sits 10,000 and then take half of it away, leaving 5,000, you can't fill you stadium to regular capacity. Those are facts using round numbers for you.

An excuse would be to say it rained a lot and nobody wanted to come. Please learn to recognize facts from excuses. I'm ashamed you came from Illinois as well.

Who cares that you only seat 10k right now? Before your stands were graciously torn down, you struggled to bring 15k through the doors. ASU averages 12k more than that. Again, lets compare programs. What is it GSU fans say? 6 > 3, right? Well, 3 > 0.

theasushow
December 1st, 2012, 05:19 PM

ASU COULD have won, they played good enough to win, but so did ISU. ISU played just a fingertip better apparently. No way I can sit here and say ISU didnt deserve to win.

Apphole
December 1st, 2012, 05:23 PM
The OVFC is incredibly over rated. No way in hell any of them except maybe NDSU makes it to Frisco.

App is a team that lost 8 starters before the season, had more than half of the coaching staff replaced and was plagued with injuries all season. I felt lucky to make it to the playoffs. We clearly over achieved all season. On top of that, three weeks off left our offense flaccid as an 80 year old's cock. It took two quarters and we STILL evened it up against a team in over its head.

It was a great game and congrats to the ISU fans that know a thing or two and haven't been running their mouths all night. Historic moment for your program knocking off the poster child of FCS football in an environment you don't see too often. That is a great accomplishment regardless of how far you go from here on out.

Looking inward, who was blocking on that PAT. Or should I say who wasn't....

ASU_Fanatic
December 1st, 2012, 05:33 PM
Also the three week break thing killed us. Our offensive was very rusty in the first half

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 1st, 2012, 05:36 PM
And now T-Dog is saying that Jamal says in the press conference he needs major knee surgery...

This team has gotten zero breaks...

AHEM!

theasushow
December 1st, 2012, 05:37 PM
Also the three week break thing killed us. Our offensive was very rusty in the first half

It didn't help in this case. But it also worked to our advantage since guys were able to rest and heal...I am not sure that the 3 weeks were used as wisely as it could have been unfortunately.

asumike83
December 1st, 2012, 05:38 PM

The better team won but there was nothing lucky about this game going to OT. App made a lot of plays in the 4th to come back.

md64179
December 1st, 2012, 05:38 PM
That was a hell of a football game. Ugly way to lose, but hats off to ISU-R. I wish them luck next week and the rest of the playoffs.

B&G
December 1st, 2012, 05:39 PM
For all of the posturing in this thread about Conferences, Southern Speed, attendance etc... Let's keep in mind that this game came down to a blocked PAT... in overtime. Neither team exactly showed superiority. Give ISU tons of credit for proving to be road warriors all year long. Give ASU credit for a nice comeback that ultimately fell short. I, for one, will wish the ISU team the best of luck in the rest of the playoffs. Do I think they will make a lot of noise? Unfortunately, no. I don't think either of these teams were Championship caliber. But "any given Saturday"...

ISU will be able to look back fondly on this season as one of the most successful in their history. Can't take that away from them. As for ASU? All of the people saying they are losing all of their momentum and need to get to BCS immediately should pump the brakes. I guarantee you they will get a much needed injection into their program. I am breaking this news now... way before anyone can or will be able to substantiate it. But you will look back and see that I am right. Jerry Moore will be retiring in the next couple of months. Scott Satterfield will be the new coach. And he will be allowed to shape up his coaching staff as he sees fit. Look for a new defensive coordinator from an FCS rival (the current frontrunner for the job anyway). Not going to name my source but I will be glad to eat crow if I am wrong.

Wallace
December 1st, 2012, 05:41 PM
... Historic moment for your program knocking off the poster child of FCS football...

LOL, this is not an historic moment for Illinois State and they didn't play the "poster child of FCS football" because they played in Boone today... not Statesboro.

seantaylor
December 1st, 2012, 05:45 PM
It is hilarious how Apoy thinks they are the elite program in FCS. It is, and always will, be GSU. You had a decent run when our retarded AD hired two coaches that pee sitting down. We still have more everything than you rubes. And the gap is growing.

asumike83
December 1st, 2012, 05:51 PM
It is hilarious how Apoy thinks they are the elite program in FCS. It is, and always will, be GSU. You had a decent run when our retarded AD hired two coaches that pee sitting down. We still have more everything than you rubes. And the gap is growing.

You've lost 4 of the last 5 games with App but the gap is growing? Classic.

theasushow
December 1st, 2012, 05:52 PM

xeyebrowx Cant be growing much seeing as how u lost to us the past 2 years...

seantaylor
December 1st, 2012, 05:55 PM
Playoff wins in the last 3 years? Home losses?

ASU_Fanatic
December 1st, 2012, 05:58 PM
Attendance was slack today but we knew it would be, always is in the playoffs. It was rocking though, I sat in the student section it was nuts.

Apphole
December 1st, 2012, 06:03 PM
Ask Joe Shmoe over in Indiana or Nevada and see which school he's heard of.

GSU used a novelty offense to surprise every team with one week of preparation in the 80's. it took them 20 years to catch up, they have 2/3 our fan support and they've lost the vast majority of the last games we've played and they're somehow gaining on us? xlolx

GSU EAGLES
December 1st, 2012, 06:06 PM
Ask Joe Shmoe over in Indiana or Nevada and see which school he's heard of.

GSU used a novelty offense to surprise every team with one week of preparation in the 80's. it took them 20 years to catch up, they have 2/3 our fan support and they've lost the vast majority of the last games we've played and they're somehow gaining on us? xlolx

If you are going to go there, why don't we throw this out there as well:

App State's program with Armanti

App State's program without Armanti.

It appears Armanti lifted the program tremendously and now it is back to "normalcy"

No doubt he was an incredible player. I think we are seeing more and more how special he was.

theasushow
December 1st, 2012, 06:07 PM
Playoff wins in the last 3 years? Home losses?

I guess college football success is now measured by home wins. I have heard it all.

asujch
December 1st, 2012, 06:07 PM

sounds like someone is still butthurt from the last two meetings xsmiley_wix

theasushow
December 1st, 2012, 06:09 PM

It appears Armanti lifted the program tremendously and now it is back to "normalcy"

Well...beating GSU every year is pretty normal these days.

seantaylor
December 1st, 2012, 06:12 PM
Losing at home as often as you do definitely shows a negative trend. Notice you didn't answer about the playoff wins. Monken at 6 wins in 3 years and counting.

Skjellyfetti
December 1st, 2012, 06:14 PM
Grats to Illinois State on a hell of a win. Your team played great.

Love the GSU trolls coming out of the woodwork celebrating teams accomplishing what their team hasn't been able to. xcoffeex

NDSU09
December 1st, 2012, 06:14 PM
App State must have been way too fast for ISU-r???

Skjellyfetti
December 1st, 2012, 06:15 PM
Losing at home as often as you do definitely shows a negative trend. Notice you didn't answer about the playoff wins. Monken at 6 wins in 3 years and counting.

And he has a losing record against App. xthumbsupx

theasushow
December 1st, 2012, 06:18 PM
As far as all time programs I would certainly go with GSU as the better program. But RIGHT NOW there is no way GSU is more of a "poster fcs team" than ASU. GSU has won 2 NC's in the last 22 years, and none in 12 years. The Michigan win propelled ASU and FCS to unprecedented heights, not to mention the 3 national championships, not to mention the head to heads, not to mention the attendance at the games. Sure GSU has a few more playoff wins the last couple years, but the last time I checked, these 2 programs dont hang their hat on playoff wins..

IBleedYellow
December 1st, 2012, 06:20 PM
Nice game for both teams! Way to rep the Valley ISU! Cya in Frisco!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

SpeedkingATL
December 1st, 2012, 06:21 PM
However has the National Championship is the current poster program and that goes to NDSU until someone knocks them off. Both GaSo and App have a lot to be proud of.

Hammerhead
December 1st, 2012, 06:25 PM
GSU's six titles are impressive. It's too bad they haven't been to the championship game since 2000.

asumike83
December 1st, 2012, 07:06 PM
App State must have been way too fast for ISU-r???

As much as we heard about App's speed, we heard just as much about how the MVFC is the only conference who plays defense and nobody would be able to move the ball on them. App scored 37 points and put up 434 yards of offense. The better team won but it certainly was not because of smothering defense by ISU.

This was a game between the SoCon and MVFC and both teams were considered the 2nd or 3rd best team in their respective conference. The game was decided by a blocked PAT in overtime. Not exactly an argument to support that the MVFC is head and shoulders above the SoCon as we've heard all year.

Good game by ISU.

ericsaid
December 1st, 2012, 07:07 PM
I think the problem today was negative plays. Jamal was no threat o pull the ball on the option read and the defense flooded millers lane. Was a great game to watch.

I really don't get the need for NDSU fans to stand up for teams in their conference when said teams can't represent themselves.

ericsaid
December 1st, 2012, 07:08 PM
Blalock was also an obvious liability in coverage against o'shaunessy .

theasushow
December 1st, 2012, 07:12 PM
Blalock was also an obvious liability in coverage against o'shaunessy .

Blalock should have his scholarship revoked. Even DJ and Brownie questioned him being in the game in OT. Got scorched all day.

Wallace
December 1st, 2012, 07:24 PM
This was a game between the SoCon [CHAMPIONS] and MVFC [RUNNER-UP]

Exactly an argument to support the MVFC

GlassOnion
December 1st, 2012, 07:34 PM
App was outcoached, and it started selection Sunday.

Congrats Redbirds, good luck!

asumike83
December 1st, 2012, 07:37 PM

We lost 2 games at home in conference, one by 24 points. Yes, we benefited from Wofford getting upset and got a share of the title but I don't think anyone would say that ASU is better than the third best team in the SoCon after looking at the season as a whole.

theasushow
December 1st, 2012, 07:40 PM

Well actually there were 3 SOCON champs, so if ISU beats Wofford and GSU, then we can talk.

AppAlum2003
December 1st, 2012, 07:43 PM

Three guarantees in life: death, taxes an ralphie hates App

Wallace
December 1st, 2012, 07:45 PM
Three guarantees in life: death, taxes an ralphie hates App

Three guarantees in life: death, taxes and App State homers have thin skins

AppAlum2003
December 1st, 2012, 07:49 PM

Doesn't change the fact that you love to hate. I would compare the feeling you get from hating App St to that of kissing a girl, but that's a metaphor you'd never get.

mainejeff
December 1st, 2012, 07:59 PM
Time for ASU to move to the FBS. They've done everything that they can do at this level.......recent playoff results will only erode support for their program. Time to move on.......

AppAlum2003
December 1st, 2012, 08:12 PM

No doubt he was an incredible player. I think we are seeing more and more how special he was.

#14 was in high school in 2005. Please research these things before drooling all over your keyboard.

Saint3333
December 1st, 2012, 08:17 PM

Over 17k at the game today, there are only a handful of FCS programs that get that kind of support. Sorry bud if you want to start a pissing match bring more than a knife to a gun fight.

Appattk
December 1st, 2012, 08:36 PM
Over 17k at the game today, there are only a handful of FCS programs that get that kind of support. Sorry bud if you want to start a pissing match bring more than a knife to a gun fight.

And I'd take those 17K fans any day! When the "Mo" started moving in the 4th Quarter the Rock was just about as loud as it gets with 30K in there!

GSU EAGLES
December 1st, 2012, 08:38 PM
#14 was in high school in 2005. Please research these things before drooling all over your keyboard.

True, you do have one without AE.

Redbirdgrad
December 1st, 2012, 08:42 PM
Love this thread.

AppAlum2003
December 1st, 2012, 08:52 PM
Love this thread.

I'm sure you love your minimum wage job and micropenis as well.

Redbirdgrad
December 1st, 2012, 08:52 PM
Who cares that you only seat 10k right now? Before your stands were graciously torn down, you struggled to bring 15k through the doors. ASU averages 12k more than that. Again, lets compare programs. What is it GSU fans say? 6 > 3, right? Well, 3 > 0.

I have one very important comparison for today...

38-37.

That is all.

PantherRob82
December 1st, 2012, 08:54 PM
I have one very important comparison for today...

38-37.

That is all.

Ladies and gentlemen, your winner. xlolx

mainejeff
December 1st, 2012, 08:56 PM

Huh? I'm actually in support of ASU making the move.......maybe you need to take a chill pill.

Bisonator
December 1st, 2012, 08:57 PM
Congrats to ISU!

Tough loss for APP. An extra point? Ouch that has to hurt.

theasushow
December 1st, 2012, 08:58 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, your winner. xlolx

I dont know man I think I rather lose a football game than have a micropenis.

PantherRob82
December 1st, 2012, 09:00 PM
I dont know man I think I rather lose a football game than have a micropenis.

I don't know, I hate it when my junk gets in the way. :)

theasushow
December 1st, 2012, 09:01 PM
I don't know, I hate it when my junk gets in the way. :)

I got nothin....xbowx

CharlotteApp
December 1st, 2012, 09:04 PM
Blalock should have his scholarship revoked. Even DJ and Brownie questioned him being in the game in OT. Got scorched all day.

Ive been saying that all year. That kid was terrible today.

GoVols
December 1st, 2012, 09:10 PM
Holy cow this topic is getting crazy. First off Boone is gorgeous, ASU is gorgeous, all of the non student ASU fans were top notch. We ended up tailgating by Hardee's and scores of ASU faithful welcomed us to n Carolina, wished us luck, and talked football with us, everyone. Had some great conversations at halftime, and after the game most congratulated us and wished us luck next week

The Rock is simply amazing, what a fantastic facility. The crowd was quiet when we were up 11 but crazy loud when ASU tied it up. I was impressed with how many in red made the 600+ mile trip. ISUs defense played great for 3 quarters and ran out of gas in the 4th

Much of our success did come at the unfortunate Luck of Blalock. He was way overmatched today and was torched at least 3 times. Sean Price is a beast, Matt Brown is a stud, and we were close to blocking an XP all day, we luckily got the last one when ASUs o-line had a breakdown and 3-4 guys were all over the ball.

Great game, glad i made the trip, glad we won, and thank you ASU for your hospitality!

asumike83
December 1st, 2012, 09:16 PM
If Patrick Blalock starts another game at free safety, we have a big problem.

asumike83
December 1st, 2012, 09:19 PM
Holy cow this topic is getting crazy. First off Boone is gorgeous, ASU is gorgeous, all of the non student ASU fans were top notch. We ended up tailgating by Hardee's and scores of ASU faithful welcomed us to n Carolina, wished us luck, and talked football with us, everyone. Had some great conversations at halftime, and after the game most congratulated us and wished us luck next week

The Rock is simply amazing, what a fantastic facility. The crowd was quiet when we were up 11 but crazy loud when ASU tied it up. I was impressed with how many in red made the 600+ mile trip. ISUs defense played great for 3 quarters and ran out of gas in the 4th

Much of our success did come at the unfortunate Luck of Blalock. He was way overmatched today and was torched at least 3 times. Sean Price is a beast, Matt Brown is a stud, and we were close to blocking an XP all day, we luckily got the last one when ASUs o-line had a breakdown and 3-4 guys were all over the ball.

Great game, glad i made the trip, glad we won, and thank you ASU for your hospitality!

I'm really glad you enjoyed the trip, y'all have a hell of a team. Devastating loss for us but a great game.

The crowd was great, I've been to games with 10K more than today that were not as loud.

eaglewraith
December 1st, 2012, 11:38 PM

I had wondered if this would be a factor. Seems like 2 sides of a coin. On one side you finally got to rest your guys up, on the other side it was a chance for the players to get a bit rusty.

We used to schedule our bye at the end of the season so we could rest up heading into the playoffs. However having that first round bye possibility might make scheduling interesting moving forward. Might be a smarter idea to try and get a bye in the late middle part of the season.

theasushow
December 1st, 2012, 11:40 PM
I had wondered if this would be a factor. Seems like 2 sides of a coin. On one side you finally got to rest your guys up, on the other side it was a chance for the players to get a bit rusty.

We used to schedule our bye at the end of the season so we could rest up heading into the playoffs. However having that first round bye possibility might make scheduling interesting moving forward. Might be a smarter idea to try and get a bye in the late middle part of the season.

I agree...i dont think that was by design this season. Just the way the cookie crumbled. HAd we come out on fire today we would be praising the schedule.

Twentysix
December 1st, 2012, 11:42 PM

But southern speed? Its a thing apparently.

Twentysix
December 1st, 2012, 11:46 PM
As much as we heard about App's speed, we heard just as much about how the MVFC is the only conference who plays defense and nobody would be able to move the ball on them. App scored 37 points and put up 434 yards of offense. The better team won but it certainly was not because of smothering defense by ISU.

This was a game between the SoCon and MVFC and both teams were considered the 2nd or 3rd best team in their respective conference. The game was decided by a blocked PAT in overtime. Not exactly an argument to support that the MVFC is head and shoulders above the SoCon as we've heard all year.

Good game by ISU.

NDSU scored 38 on them on the road and our offense is horrendous, and we did it in regulation. Color me unimpressed by 37 points with an overtime.

mmiller_34
December 1st, 2012, 11:46 PM
But southern speed? Its a thing apparently.

They out-sped themselves southernly.

asumike83
December 2nd, 2012, 12:37 AM
NDSU scored 38 on them on the road and our offense is horrendous, and we did it in regulation. Color me unimpressed by 37 points with an overtime.

NDSU would easily win the SEC, I can't expect you to be impressed.

I was just surprised that our SoCon offense wasn't shut out by the MVFC. Considering that we were facing a real defense for the first time all year, I thought we made a respectable effort.

Mr. C
December 2nd, 2012, 12:46 AM
Enjoy your fate loser

What a dumb remark again. Back to Middle Earth Smegel.

Twentysix
December 2nd, 2012, 12:51 AM

I was just surprised that our SoCon offense wasn't shut out by the MVFC. Considering that we were facing a real defense for the first time all year, I thought we made a respectable effort.

Illinois State is hardly the class of the MVFC when it comes to defense, in yards they are 5th in conference, in points they are 6th... If you wanted to face a real defense you should have made an effort to matchup against NDSU.

Mr. C
December 2nd, 2012, 01:20 AM
For those wanting to read more on the game of the day here is the College Sports Journal link:

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/ncaa-division-i-sports/fcs-football/641-illinois-state-blocks-extra-point-in-overtime-to-stun-appalachian-state-38-37

There are stories at www.college-sports-journal.com site on all eight playoff games today.

CID1990
December 2nd, 2012, 08:09 AM
Touchdown Citadel!!!

GoVols
December 2nd, 2012, 08:46 AM

I think for most of the first 3 quarters, our defense was strong...well above average vs the run, the pass coverage was above average minus a couple missed tackles that led to big scores but by the 4th quarter they were tired, coverage dropped off, pass rush went invisible for 13 minutes and we were terrible in OT on our 3 plays. We imposed our will and had success until ASUs offense imposed their will and turned it into a shoot out which we did not want!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2012, 08:52 AM

Good win for the Redbirds. Went into ASU's house and won the game.

They will give EWU a run next week.

isured89
December 2nd, 2012, 09:14 AM
The family and I had the pleasure of visiting Boone for yesterday's game. What a beautiful campus and stadium. I've never been to a more ruckus FCS setting (haven't been to the Fargo Dome, so the jury is still out). I wish our fan support was half as good as App State's. All the people we met were very welcoming and gracious in defeat.

What a great game. I almost hated to see it end in such bizarre fashion. App State will be a handful in the near future. Jackson, Kimbrough, Price, and Miller were all very impressive. Walker seemed to have his was with McCray, wasn't expecting that.

Kudos to the Birds on a great win. On to Eastern Washington!

proasu89
December 2nd, 2012, 09:16 AM

As do App St. haters.

asumike83
December 2nd, 2012, 09:44 AM
Congrats again on the win, it was a great game between two very good teams.

I have cooled down a little bit today but I am still reeling from this one. Most devastating loss I ever hope to witness.

cbarrier90
December 2nd, 2012, 10:02 AM
I think for most of the first 3 quarters, our defense was strong...well above average vs the run, the pass coverage was above average minus a couple missed tackles that led to big scores but by the 4th quarter they were tired, coverage dropped off, pass rush went invisible for 13 minutes and we were terrible in OT on our 3 plays. We imposed our will and had success until ASUs offense imposed their will and turned it into a shoot out which we did not want!

Which is exactly why ASU should have used the "defense first" advantage and gone for 2 and the win...*punches hole in wall*

Apphole
December 2nd, 2012, 10:10 AM
Which is exactly why ASU should have used the "defense first" advantage and gone for 2 and the win...*punches hole in wall*

Hindsight is 20:20. We shouldn't have missed a block and had our season end with a swatted PAT. Certain things went good and bad before then but that's just football. There is no excuse for that final play. My heart broke for the seniors,

T-Dog
December 2nd, 2012, 10:35 AM

It was hard to argue against a 100% PAT completion rate for the season.

asumike83
December 2nd, 2012, 10:58 AM
It was hard to argue against a 100% PAT completion rate for the season.

I'm with you on that. Going for two would have been a VERY risky call.

We've had our special teams issues but you have to tie the game in that situation at home and as you mentioned, we had not missed a PAT in about 50 attempts before that kick.

344Johnson
December 2nd, 2012, 11:01 AM
#SoConSpeed

theasushow
December 2nd, 2012, 11:22 AM
#SoConSpeed

#UCAandUNH (although from now until the end of time, no team will ever admit to losing a game due to socon speed)

cbarrier90
December 2nd, 2012, 11:32 AM
I'm with you on that. Going for two would have been a VERY risky call.

We've had our special teams issues but you have to tie the game in that situation at home and as you mentioned, we had not missed a PAT in about 50 attempts before that kick.

It's simple odds. At that point ASU had not held a lead in the game.

The reason you take defense first is because you can put yourself in a position like App was in at the time of the PAT.

If ASU goes for 2, their odds of winning are 50-50. Either you make it to win, or you don't and lose.

If ASU goes for one, the odds of winning are 0%, since either way the game is still tied.

You can say that ASU extends the game, but it's a matter of controlling your own destiny. ASU had that opportunity and failed to act on it after not leading the entire game. Samford made the same mistake against App when they elected to punt on 4th and 1 when a conversion would have given them the victory.

Out...coached.

Redbirdgrad
December 2nd, 2012, 11:49 AM
ASU did many things wrong in that game yesterday, but going for 1 isn't one of them.

#SoConSpeed might be trending right now... hold on and I will check.

asumike83
December 2nd, 2012, 11:52 AM
It's simple odds. At that point ASU had not held a lead in the game.

The reason you take defense first is because you can put yourself in a position like App was in at the time of the PAT.

If ASU goes for 2, their odds of winning are 50-50. Either you make it to win, or you don't and lose.

If ASU goes for one, the odds of winning are 0%, since either way the game is still tied.

You can say that ASU extends the game, but it's a matter of controlling your own destiny. ASU had that opportunity and failed to act on it after not leading the entire game. Samford made the same mistake against App when they elected to punt on 4th and 1 when a conversion would have given them the victory.

Out...coached.

I think you go defense first in hopes of holding them to a field goal and winning with a touchdown.

Not that it is always right but the old adage of going for the tie at home and the win on the road does hold some water, IMO.

If JM makes the call to go for 2 when we hadn't missed a PAT all season and we failed to convert, it would have been a big blunder. We had all the momentum after coming back, I don't blame JM for making that call. At the time, I liked our chances if we extended the game as well.

Sycamore62
December 2nd, 2012, 01:08 PM
I think you go defense first in hopes of holding them to a field goal and winning with a touchdown.

Not that it is always right but the old adage of going for the tie at home and the win on the road does hold some water, IMO.

If JM makes the call to go for 2 when we hadn't missed a PAT all season and we failed to convert, it would have been a big blunder. We had all the momentum after coming back, I don't blame JM for making that call. At the time, I liked our chances if we extended the game as well.

The only reason to go for two at home is if you go offense 2nd and need 1 to tie and don't think you can prevent and/or score a TD in 2nd overtime when the visitors are likely to go for 2.

B&G
December 2nd, 2012, 03:53 PM
For all of the posturing in this thread about Conferences, Southern Speed, attendance etc... Let's keep in mind that this game came down to a blocked PAT... in overtime. Neither team exactly showed superiority. Give ISU tons of credit for proving to be road warriors all year long. Give ASU credit for a nice comeback that ultimately fell short. I, for one, will wish the ISU team the best of luck in the rest of the playoffs. Do I think they will make a lot of noise? Unfortunately, no. I don't think either of these teams were Championship caliber. But "any given Saturday"...

ISU will be able to look back fondly on this season as one of the most successful in their history. Can't take that away from them. As for ASU? All of the people saying they are losing all of their momentum and need to get to BCS immediately should pump the brakes. I guarantee you they will get a much needed injection into their program. I am breaking this news now... way before anyone can or will be able to substantiate it. But you will look back and see that I am right. Jerry Moore will be retiring in the next couple of months. Scott Satterfield will be the new coach. And he will be allowed to shape up his coaching staff as he sees fit. Look for a new defensive coordinator from an FCS rival (the current frontrunner for the job anyway). Not going to name my source but I will be glad to eat crow if I am wrong.

Told ya.

B&G
December 2nd, 2012, 04:03 PM
I am getting word that a former assistant not named Satterfield is actually being offered the head coach job with Scott as Plan B.

asujch
December 2nd, 2012, 04:03 PM
I am getting word that a former assistant not named Satterfield is actually being offered the head coach job with Scott as Plan B.

Elliott?

appsfan
December 2nd, 2012, 04:19 PM
Congrats to ISU. In a game where both teams were making plays, ISU made one more play to take the W.

cbarrier90
December 2nd, 2012, 04:20 PM
Elliott?

Either way I'd be ecstatic.

GlassOnion
December 2nd, 2012, 04:31 PM
If going FBS, There are tons of former App assistant coaches in the FBS ranks to choose a HC from, and Id kinda like Huesman at DC. Hes a better DC than HC. xwhistlex

B&G
December 2nd, 2012, 05:01 PM
Elliott is the target. He has yet to accept but this train is moving fast and we should know something within the week. Now when they decide to announce it is another matter.

GlassOnion
December 2nd, 2012, 05:08 PM
Elliot isnt a great choice. He's one of the highest paid assistant coaches in FBS, has only been an FBS position coach 2 years, and his star is quickly on the rise, as is SC's.

Skjellyfetti
December 2nd, 2012, 05:10 PM
only been an FBS position coach 2 years

He's also been co-offensive coordinator at USC.

cbarrier90
December 2nd, 2012, 05:32 PM
Elliot isnt a great choice. He's one of the highest paid assistant coaches in FBS, has only been an FBS position coach 2 years, and his star is quickly on the rise, as is SC's.

Elliot would have the most impressive resume and an absolute pipe dream.

Elliot at HC, Satterfield at OC and we're in business. Won't happen, but Elliot would be a fantastic get.

asujch
December 2nd, 2012, 05:33 PM
I think Elliot would be a great coach, but I don't think he is the long term guy that we all are hoping for.

cbarrier90
December 2nd, 2012, 05:40 PM
I think Elliot would be a great coach, but I don't think he is the long term guy that we all are hoping for.

We're not getting a guy that's going to stay for 24 years. If that's what you're hoping for, prepare for disappointment.

frozennorth
December 2nd, 2012, 05:42 PM
how much does the app job pay?

GlassOnion
December 2nd, 2012, 05:43 PM
how much does the app job pay?

Alot more than it did yesterday.

asujch
December 2nd, 2012, 05:44 PM
We're not getting a guy that's going to stay for 24 years. If that's what you're hoping for, prepare for disappointment.
you have to hope that the next guy will be one that stays for more than just 4 or 5 years though

CharlotteApp
December 2nd, 2012, 05:55 PM
Elliot at HC, Satterfield at OC and we're in business. Won't happen, but Elliot would be a fantastic get.[/QUOTE]

This is a honest question... not a statement. Do you think Satterfield would stay if Elliot was make Head Coach? I figure Satterfield came back to be HC (guaranteed or not). If Elliot gets to job I feel like he would move on to seek a HC job somewhere else. Thoughts?

Mr. C
December 2nd, 2012, 06:26 PM
Touchdown Citadel!!!
I'm beginning to think you have been shell-shocked.

Mr. C
December 2nd, 2012, 06:27 PM
Elliot at HC, Satterfield at OC and we're in business. Won't happen, but Elliot would be a fantastic get.

This is a honest question... not a statement. Do you think Satterfield would stay if Elliot was make Head Coach? I figure Satterfield came back to be HC (guaranteed or not). If Elliot gets to job I feel like he would move on to seek a HC job somewhere else. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Elliott??? You've got to be kidding. No chance of that happening. Plenty of heavy-credentialled coaches for ASU to pluck for the Jerry Moore coaching tree before Elliott.

Mr. C
December 2nd, 2012, 06:29 PM
Elliot would have the most impressive resume and an absolute pipe dream.

Not even close to being true. There are several guys in the NFL from Jerry Moore's staffs, plus Tim Horton at Arkansas and Stacy Searels at Texas.

PaulsonStadium
December 2nd, 2012, 06:30 PM
AHEM!
Ignorant app fans. "we can't get a break" except in Statesboro. Lucky bastards

PaulsonStadium
December 2nd, 2012, 06:53 PM
I think it's Busch league to be calling out a player on your team and wish their scholarship be revoked. There is reason they are playing football and you are bitching on a message board. Congrats to app seniors for a good year in the socon

AppAlum2003
December 2nd, 2012, 06:57 PM
I think it's Busch league to be calling out a player on your team and wish their scholarship be revoked. There is reason they are playing football and you are bitching on a message board. Congrats to app seniors for a good year in the socon

Eh, you said it yourself. It's a message board... what is said on here matters very little in the grand scheme of things.

theasushow
December 2nd, 2012, 07:08 PM
Eh, you said it yourself. It's a message board... what is said on here matters very little in the grand scheme of things.

Bahahahhaah this is coming from a fanbase who has done nothing but bad mouth their kicker all season long and basically say he doesnt even deserve to be on the field. When you are given a full ride and a free education on a scholarship, you're expected to perform.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 2nd, 2012, 10:07 PM
Enjoy your fate loser

So how did it taste?

I find it humorous that you think I was talking about the football game and not your usual Saturday night! Very funny stuff.

Go Apps
December 3rd, 2012, 09:45 AM

Can't afford him and he wont stay long - we need someone who wants to stay at ASU like Jerry - only Satterfield may be that person but I do not think he is a strong candidate was not impressed with him this year at all

Go Apps
December 3rd, 2012, 09:52 AM

We cannot afford to move - the fanbase wants to stay a move will double ticket prices and students will no longer get in free to games - a crowd of 15K would be high if they move - I will be unable to take my family and will forfeit my season tickets - honestly do not care to watch Conf USA or Sunbelt anytime or anywhere -

ASU needs to stay where it makes sense would only support a move to the ACC - hell we could win that damn conference in football

GATA
December 3rd, 2012, 09:56 AM
Bahahahhaah this is coming from a fanbase who has done nothing but bad mouth their kicker all season long and basically say he doesnt even deserve to be on the field. When you are given a full ride and a free education on a scholarship, you're expected to perform.

GSU's kicker isn't on scholarship...tha'ts probably why we stink at kicking.

Apphole
December 3rd, 2012, 09:56 AM
we stink

Yes you do.

B&G
December 3rd, 2012, 10:25 AM
This is a honest question... not a statement. Do you think Satterfield would stay if Elliot was make Head Coach? I figure Satterfield came back to be HC (guaranteed or not). If Elliot gets to job I feel like he would move on to seek a HC job somewhere else. Thoughts?

Elliott??? You've got to be kidding. No chance of that happening. Plenty of heavy-credentialled coaches for ASU to pluck for the Jerry Moore coaching tree before Elliott.[/QUOTE]

Pretty strong wording. Hope you checked your sources first. I have a pretty good source that says the ball is in his court.

SoCon48
December 3rd, 2012, 02:57 PM
Elliott??? You've got to be kidding. No chance of that happening. Plenty of heavy-credentialled coaches for ASU to pluck for the Jerry Moore coaching tree before Elliott.

Pretty strong wording. Hope you checked your sources first. I have a pretty good source that says the ball is in his court.[/QUOTE]

He came to the game Saturday for a reason. What do you think it was?

Redbirdgrad
December 3rd, 2012, 03:00 PM
Just to get the thread back on-topic...

38-37 in OT. Discuss.

biggie
December 3rd, 2012, 03:01 PM
Elliot interviewed yesterday, and Spurrier confirmed Sean is a canidate.

Hate all of this. Especially for Jerry not to go out on good terms.

As much as I like Elliot, if he's hired I think we lose Satterfield and that cost us too much of a setback in the offense, rather see Satterfield take over ASAP.

Apphole
December 3rd, 2012, 03:30 PM
Elliot interviewed yesterday, and Spurrier confirmed Sean is a canidate.

Hate all of this. Especially for Jerry not to go out on good terms.

As much as I like Elliot, if he's hired I think we lose Satterfield and that cost us too much of a setback in the offense, rather see Satterfield take over ASAP.

I think Elliot as HC and SS as OC is perfect. But if having Elliot at HC means SS leaves, I say it's not nearly worth it.

I also can't imagine how we could ever afford Elliot. Does he just love App State that much?

B&G
December 3rd, 2012, 03:39 PM
The one thing I have not been able to find out is what Satterfield would so if Elliott took the job. But I do know that Elliott has made some calls to get his staff in place. There will be a shakeup on defense.

asumike83
December 3rd, 2012, 03:41 PM
There will be a shakeup on defense.

That has to happen, regardless of who becomes the permanent head coach. Way too much talent for the kind of results we got this season. It was fairly obvious from day one that we did not have a kid suited to play nose tackle in a 3-4 alignment. Playing a 4-3 defense after Aiken and Wylie graduated would have made a big difference, IMO.

asujch
December 3rd, 2012, 03:50 PM
That has to happen, regardless of who becomes the permanent head coach. Way too much talent for the kind of results we got this season. It was fairly obvious from day one that we did not have a kid suited to play nose tackle in a 3-4 alignment. Playing a 4-3 defense after Aiken and Wylie graduated would have made a big difference, IMO.

x1000000

SoCon48
December 3rd, 2012, 05:49 PM
x1000000

A lot of talent but a lot of holes after graduation, injuries, and attrition. When it all came down, I projected a 6-5 season. This staff almost worked miracles with what they had.

cbarrier90
December 3rd, 2012, 06:21 PM
A lot of talent but a lot of holes after graduation, injuries, and attrition. When it all came down, I projected a 6-5 season. This staff almost worked miracles with what they had.

True, but the offense, even under the circumstances, got the most they could out of each player on the field. That was never more evident than Saturday night, when guys like Drew Bailey, (THE) Simms McElfresh, and Malachi Jones all made huge plays. Add to that guys like Tucker Lee on the O-line who played admirably on a patchwork unit.

Meanwhile, the defense couldn't ever hold up under the same attrition, despite healthy seasons from guys who will get NFL looks in Demetrius McCray and Jeremy Kimbrough. No, Dale Jones didn't ever have all the ones in games, but what happened on Saturday defensively was inexcusable. No adjustments made, secondary being torched play after play, even after the offense fought through some early rust to make a comeback. Something has to change.

cbarrier90
December 4th, 2012, 12:13 AM
I was on the sidelines, and long after the pain of this defeat goes away, this sequence will be my lasting memory from this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLS_3LhP07I

Apphole
December 5th, 2012, 12:52 PM

TheRevSFA
December 5th, 2012, 12:59 PM

So what you're saying is, the App State fans are better than the App State football team come playoffs?

Apphole
December 5th, 2012, 01:07 PM
So what you're saying is, the App State fans are better than the App State football team come playoffs?

xlolx App-solutely.

PhillyApp1
December 5th, 2012, 03:18 PM
I was on the sidelines, and long after the pain of this defeat goes away, this sequence will be my lasting memory from this game.

Unbelievable....I am glad you could hear me in the 111....Please share this on ALL the APP boards

Apphole
December 5th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Unbelievable....I am glad you could hear me in the 111....Please share this on ALL the APP boards

It's from the MMB. The Appfan people don't deserve to see it.

Redbirdgrad
December 5th, 2012, 04:14 PM
You're quoting me and then replaying a video that proved your fans can be loud in a football stadium during a big sequence???

Have that noise level ALL game and maybe something different would have happened...

Oh yeah, that's right, you were losing most of it. Sorry bout your bad luck.

Try this as my favorite memory from that game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBeLsc5qqnw

PhillyApp1
December 5th, 2012, 04:21 PM
The sound of the ball hitting his hand will be in my memory for life :-)

I guess APP now knows how it felt at the BIG HOUSE ;-)

Congrats Redbirds... Go on and kick some A$$ !!!

cbarrier90
December 5th, 2012, 05:13 PM
You're quoting me and then replaying a video that proved your fans can be loud in a football stadium during a big sequence???

Have that noise level ALL game and maybe something different would have happened...

Oh yeah, that's right, you were losing most of it. Sorry bout your bad luck.

Try this as my favorite memory from that game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBeLsc5qqnw

Typical "Nov 2012" poster. A great football game and you ruin it with smack.

Congratulations on the win.