PDA

View Full Version : South Dakota State vs North Dakota State

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Lehigh'98
November 30th, 2012, 06:33 AM
It could be similiar to last years LSU Alabama. 2 defensive teams going at it.

robsnotes4u
November 30th, 2012, 07:55 AM
They were recording the pregame show at Fargo Billiards and Gastropub last night. The show will be shown on local tv an hour before kickoff. Didn't pay much attention, as I was warming up for pool league. They had clips of NDSU playing on all the tvs. This is where I will enjoy watching the NDSU game and then the MSU game, as my wife goes to the fargodome with the owners of Fargo Billiards.

Going to be a great weekend of football. I only wish all games were on game plan, being I do it get ESPN3.

Everyone have a great weekend, and be safe. When you lose congratulate the others, when you win do it graciously.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Professor Chaos
November 30th, 2012, 08:29 AM
I've never seen players and a fan base get so much confidence from a loss before. I guess im not used to having to scratch and claw for positives when i know im out-gunned and out-matched
To play devil's advocate what do you expect them to do? I keep saying that we as Bison fans have no reason to expect that we won't win on Saturday. But from their perspective, they have no reason to believe that they can't compete.

Lehigh'98
November 30th, 2012, 08:39 AM
To play devil's advocate what do you expect them to do? I keep saying that we as Bison fans have no reason to expect that we won't win on Saturday. But from their perspective, they have no reason to believe that they can't compete.

Exactly, not like they are just going to roll over.

robsnotes4u
November 30th, 2012, 09:07 AM

You better be careful, you will lose your Bison card. You don't act like a Bison fan. You are civil and realistic.

Congrats, you raise the bar.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 30th, 2012, 09:17 AM
You better be careful, you will lose your Bison card. You don't act like a Bison fan. You are civil and realistic.

Congrats, you raise the bar.

http://www.gophoto.it/view.php?i=http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_vI6LGR352yE/TIRAbSmWwfI/AAAAAAAAACo/8iIV6gUDNRE/s1600/keep+trolling.jpeg

robsnotes4u
November 30th, 2012, 09:21 AM
http://www.gophoto.it/view.php?i=http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_vI6LGR352yE/TIRAbSmWwfI/AAAAAAAAACo/8iIV6gUDNRE/s1600/keep+trolling.jpeg

Pot meet kettle

Originally Posted by RadioFan (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?p=1904125)<br />
Oh please. MVFC has had two decent years. When they reach SoCon prominence let me know.<br />
<br />
<b>Let's go back 30 years</b> with the current members of the SoCon:<br />
<br />
National Championships - 10 (I'm not counting Marshall at all)<br />
NC Game appearances - 13 (again, not counting Marshall)<br />
SoCon vs MVFC in playoffs - 13-3<br />
<br />
<br />
put it back in your pants, son.<br />
<br />
I don't think Massey counts "we used to be something" in their current rankings.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 30th, 2012, 09:27 AM

Woah!! I just had to read this twice to make sure I was seeing things correctly... xsmileyclapx Some objective analysis from The Prof - nice!

NoDak 4 Ever
November 30th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Pot meet kettle

<br />
<br />
I don't think Massey counts "we used to be something" in their current rankings.

I was merely defending the MVFC against red herring silly arguments. I got reps for that, have you?

You, sir, have done little more than **** all over the Bison fans in this thread. That is textbook trolling.

BisonBacker
November 30th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Should be a great one. And 48 hours from right now, things will be settled! With two great defenses on the field, I don't think either team is capable of blowing out the other. As always, turnovers will be critical in determining the outcome of this game. SDSU cannot afford to be negative in TO ratio, that's for sure.

Jacks win by 1 on a last second field goal as time expires.

Tell that to Youngstown State. They came into the dome the 3rd ranked team in the country. I"m sure they thought the same thing. Just saying. Now do I think that will happen, Nope. Could it happen and do the Bison have the skill/talent to do it? Absolutely. The Jacks haven't shown that they could do the same to a "good team". EIU if you want to hang your hat on that feel free. I'd take Youngstown State over EIU in that game 10 times out of 10.

robsnotes4u
November 30th, 2012, 09:54 AM
I was merely defending the MVFC against red herring silly arguments. I got reps for that, have you?

You, sir, have done little more than **** all over the Bison fans in this thread. That is textbook trolling.

As I was congratulating the prof for his comment.

Read the opinions, not of your team, because people respect your team, but of the postings by the majority of the fan base. The Prof, made a great comment, maybe you can take a "class" from him.

You have one FCS championship and you think you a everyone should bow to you. You have a long way to go to be a Montana, ASU, or a GSU. There are great champions. Read how their majority posts. Learn again.

Here I will give you something more to cry about. NDSU is a good team. The strength is their defense. If their defense screws up just a little they lose. The offense can't carry you. If SDSU puts you in a position to make long drives all day you lose. If SDSU gets up be 14 points, you lose. If play action pass works, then Zenner rolls and you lose.

If your defense gets a turnover or two giving you a short field you can win, if the offense scores touchdowns and not field goals.

NDSU is a good team, but so is anyone else that is left.

Southern Bison
November 30th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Rob, what exactly are your loyalties? You don't list your favorite school(s) or alma mater, general location on the earth, anything. You troll here & troll there, espousing useless rhetoric while baiting different fan bases and then mocking their responses. I have an idea, while your wife is at the Fargodome tomorrow with some real men, get a hold of her purse, reach deep into it and pull those tiny cojones of yours out of there.

http://youtu.be/GWH0BHS0m04

Bison06
November 30th, 2012, 09:59 AM

Read the opinions, not of your team, because people respect your team, but of the postings by the majority of the fan base. The Prof, made a great comment, maybe you can take a "class" from him.

You have one FCS championship and you think you a everyone should bow to you. You have a long way to go to be a Montana, ASU, or a GSU. There are great champions. Read how their majority posts. Learn again.

Here I will give you something more to cry about. NDSU is a good team. The strength is their defense. If their defense screws up just a little they lose. The offense can't carry you. If SDSU puts you in a position to make long drives all day you lose. If SDSU gets up be 14 points, you lose. If play action pass works, then Zenner rolls and you lose.

If your defense gets a turnover or two giving you a short field you can win, if the offense scores touchdowns and not field goals.

You said "if" SIX times in that post.

If my aunt had a penis, she'd be my uncle.

Montana has 2 national championships. So I'd say we have about a month until we catch up to the all powerful Montana, who we beat in 2003 as a DII school.

mmiller_34
November 30th, 2012, 10:00 AM
I've never seen players and a fan base get so much confidence from a loss before. I guess im not used to having to scratch and claw for positives when i know im out-gunned and out-matched

Its not really the "close loss" that has given us confidence--its the other 9 wins this season.

Also, these occurrences have given the team and our fanbase a huge boost in confidence since the last Bison game.

- First home playoff game in program history
- First playoff win in program history; by a margin of 48 points
- We haven't seen our D play like this since Danny Batten & Company in '08/'09
- Sumner has thrown 10 TDs against only 1 INT since the UNI game.
- The O-Line & Zenner found their grove again (Although, I'll admit it was against very week run defenses; I don't expect the SDSU run game to be a big factor this weekend--no one should)
- The past two weeks SDSU has outscored their opponents 89-18, I don't care who it was against the momentum and confidence that gives the team is still undeniable.
- Skylar Luxa, man who infamously got beat multiple times badly for long TDs last year has been making incredible plays at safety this year.
- TJ Lally; SDSU's version of the Bison's Travis Beck

All these reasons are why SDSU fans have confidence, not because we lost by scored a TD late in the game to lose only by 3 to the Bison. The game will be a good game, just like the first. Like someone mentioned early, NDSU fans have no reason why they won't win--thats true. Likewise, SDSU fans--although in the face of almost certain elimination--have no reason to think that the Rabbits will lie down. I'll be watching intently on ESPN3; I couldn't be more excited for tomorrow.

BisonBacker
November 30th, 2012, 10:01 AM

Yes SDSU is a good team I don't think anyone is saying they are not. But re-read your own post. IF IF IF IF IF. Like I said before IF my aunt had a dick she'd be my uncle. If NDSU and more specifically Brock play like they did at the beginning of the year and like he did last year we will win. If our defense plays like it normally does we will win. If Ojuri and Crockett both rush for 100 we will win. We can all play the if game but what most are saying here is IF both teams play to their ability NDSU will win the game. NDSU has a overall better team and the experience to back it up.

BisonBacker
November 30th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Its not really the "close loss" that has given us confidence--its the other 9 wins this season.

Also, these occurrences have given the team and our fanbase a huge boost in confidence since the last Bison game.

- First home playoff game in program history
- First playoff win in program history; by a margin of 48 points AGAINST QUESTIONABLE AT BEST COMPETITION.
- We haven't seen our D play like this since Danny Batten & Company in '08/'09 SEE ABOVE RESPONSE
- Sumner has thrown 10 TDs against only 1 INT since the UNI game.
- The O-Line & Zenner found their grove again (Although, I'll admit it was against very week run defenses; I don't expect the SDSU run game to be a big factor this weekend--no one should)
- The past two weeks SDSU has outscored their opponents 89-18, I don't care who it was against the momentum and confidence that gives the team is still undeniable. SEE ABOVE RESPONSE
- Skylar Luxa, man who infamously got beat multiple times badly for long TDs last year has been making incredible plays at safety this year.
- TJ Lally; SDSU's version of the Bison's Travis Beck

All these reasons are why SDSU fans have confidence, not because we lost by scored a TD late in the game to lose only by 3 to the Bison. The game will be a good game, just like the first. Like someone mentioned early, NDSU fans have no reason why they won't win--thats true. Likewise, SDSU fans--although in the face of almost certain elimination--have no reason to think that the Rabbits will lie down. I'll be watching intently on ESPN3; I couldn't be more excited for tomorrow.

I do think it will be a tough game and a good one. I like the enthusiasm the bunny fans have even IF it goes against past experience of playing NDSU. There is a reason they play the games.

mmiller_34
November 30th, 2012, 10:10 AM
I do think it will be a tough game and a good one. I like the enthusiasm the bunny fans have even IF it goes against past experience of playing NDSU. There is a reason they play the games.

You bet! Even if SDSU loses this weekend this season was an incredible success in the eyes of the fanbase. I don't think anyone expected the Jackrabbits to win 9 games in 2012.

Jacked_Rabbit
Tell that to Youngstown State. They came into the dome the 3rd ranked team in the country. I"m sure they thought the same thing. Just saying. Now do I think that will happen, Nope. Could it happen and do the Bison have the skill/talent to do it? Absolutely. The Jacks haven't shown that they could do the same to a "good team". EIU if you want to hang your hat on that feel free. I'd take Youngstown State over EIU in that game 10 times out of 10.

We were up on YSU 35-7 very quickly too, and I wouldn't put them on even close to the same level of either of our teams this year. If you want to compare SDSU to YSU, go for it, but I can't even imagine any of your Bison Brothers would have your back on that... Congrats on blowing out the "#3 team" though, if you really think they are the 3rd best team in the FCS...???

robsnotes4u
Rob, what exactly are your loyalties? You don't list your favorite school(s) or alma mater, general location on the earth, anything. You troll here & troll there, espousing useless rhetoric while baiting different fan bases and then mocking their responses. I have an idea, while your wife is at the Fargodome tomorrow with some real men, get a hold of her purse, reach deep into it and pull those tiny cojones of yours out of there.

http://youtu.be/GWH0BHS0m04

Really. Listed many times throughout.

Hmm, my wife is going to the fargodome, I watched the taping of the pregame show and play a league at Fargo Billiards. I would guess I live in......

Just had a conversation about my high schools on to different forums yesterday.

Real men, yes they are. They do not act like "forum fans" and respect our opinions on FCS football as we grew up with it.

Typical, if a bison "forum" fan doesn't write it then it is useless. Keep bashing people who have opinions different than yours.

Look in the mirror.

"God Complex".

Vitojr130
November 30th, 2012, 10:11 AM
If my aunt had a penis, she'd be my uncle.

Like I said before IF my aunt had a dick she'd be my uncle.

I might as well join the club.

If my aunt had a dick, she'd be my uncle.

Professor Chaos
November 30th, 2012, 10:12 AM

NDSU's offense isn't as inept as you make it sound and their defensive margin for error isn't that thin either. They have a great offensive line and two very dynamic running backs. Jensen has struggled recently but he's still 2nd team all-conference. It's not out of the question for NDSU to score in the high 20s in this game. I'd put the chances that NDSU scores 25+ much greater than SDSU scoring 25+. NDSU is the #1 scoring offense in the conference (http://www.mvc.org/football/stats/team_conf.pdf - and that's conference games only so you can't use the RMU/PV stats padding argument). The NDSU defense can have a lapse or two defensively and still pull out a win. As far as long drives the NDSU offense is built on those, in fact they had 3 drives of 10 or more plays in the 1st matchup against SDSU. Overall, the Bison have a greater margin for error than the Jacks do on both sides of the ball IMO.

Vitojr130
November 30th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Really. Listed many times throughout.

Hmm, my wife is going to the fargodome, I watched the taping of the pregame show and play a league at Fargo Billiards. I would guess I live in......

Just had a conversation about my high schools on to different forums yesterday.

Real men, yes they are. They do not act like "forum fans" and respect our opinions on FCS football as we grew up with it.

Typical, if a bison "forum" fan doesn't write it then it is useless. Keep bashing people who have opinions different than yours.

Look in the mirror.

"God Complex".

Not true, but when nonbison (and nonSDSU for this instance) fans post in an SDSU/NDSU game thread their comments are taken with a grain of salt... Especially when they are obviously comments that are trying to turn this into a pissing match.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 30th, 2012, 10:16 AM
I might as well join the club.

If my aunt had a dick, she'd be my uncle.

So, if you lived West River and your aunt had dick, would she become your boyfriend instead of your girlfriend?!?

mmiller_34
November 30th, 2012, 10:17 AM

I'm just not sure why you had to fix my response when I already acknowledged the point you tried to make in my original post.

BisonBacker
November 30th, 2012, 10:19 AM
We were up on YSU 35-7 very quickly too, and I wouldn't put them on even close to the same level of either of our teams this year. If you want to compare SDSU to YSU, go for it, but I can't even imagine any of your Bison Brothers would have your back on that... Congrats on blowing out the "#3 team" though, if you really think they are the 3rd best team in the FCS...???
You didn't read my post very closely. I was saying I'd take YSU in a game against EIU 10 times out of 10. At the time we played them they were the 3rd best team. At the end of the season obviously not.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 30th, 2012, 10:22 AM
You didn't read my post very closely. I was saying I'd take YSU in a game against EIU 10 times out of 10. At the time we played them they were the 3rd best team. At the end of the season obviously not.

I guess that's where we disagree. YSU was not the 3rd best team in the Nation at the time you played them. They were probably the 20-30th best, but ranked 3rd. Big difference.

Professor Chaos
November 30th, 2012, 10:23 AM
I guess that's where we disagree. YSU was not the 3rd best team in the Nation at the time you played them. They were probably the 20-30th best, but ranked 3rd. Big difference.
The point is that YSU beat NDSU in the Fargodome in 2011, was undefeated and ranked #3 coming in this year and had all the confidence in the world they could compete with and beat the Bison in the Fargodome.

Sound familiar?

mmiller_34
November 30th, 2012, 10:25 AM

So just so I'm reading you right. You're just arguing that scoring 58 points in a game doesn't say anything about the SDSU team because Eastern Illinois is a bad team right?

Bison06
November 30th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Anyone going to be at Sensor's in Bloomington on Saturday? A group of us are planning on being there if there is anyone else who can't make it up to Fargo.

robsnotes4u
November 30th, 2012, 10:30 AM
NDSU's offense isn't as inept as you make it sound and their defensive margin for error isn't that thin. They have a great offensive line and two very dynamic running backs. Jensen has struggled recently but he's still 2nd team all-conference. It's not out of the question for NDSU to score in the high 20s in this game. I'd put the chances that NDSU scores 25+ much greater than SDSU scoring 25+. The NDSU defense can have a lapse or two defensively and still pull out a win. As far as long drives the NDSU offense is built on those, in fact they had 3 drives of 10 or more plays in the 1st matchup against SDSU. Overall, the Bison have a greater margin for error than the Jacks do on both sides of the ball IMO.

I don't think SDSU can put up 25+ on the NDSU defense, without a lot of mistakes, or some extraordinary offensive schemes by SDSU.

We all know Jensen knows how to do it, he did it last year. Don't know what has happened this year. If he shows up They score 25+ and the game is over. From what I saw and even read the left side of the O-line has been suspect, maybe there were injuries and that is fixed.

I think the question isn't about the long drives, but can they finish them with a TD.

With NDSU leading the fcs in TOP, if they can do that in this game the scale really tilts in their favor.

I think this game is closer than most think it will be, likely one or two plays. Halftime adjustments.

Bison win the toss, what do you do?

mmiller_34
November 30th, 2012, 10:30 AM
The point is that YSU beat NDSU in the Fargodome in 2011, was undefeated and ranked #3 coming in this year and had all the confidence in the world they could compete with and beat the Bison in the Fargodome.

Sound familiar?

That is a very rough comparison. year-to-year games are different than games less than a month apart. Also, SDSU is not ranked #3 and we are not undefeated and we didn't beat the Bison last time.

Youngstown State was a mediocre team this year; they have a long ways to go.

I would say that the Jackrabbits have nothing to lose because we aren't even suppose to be here. However, I know how what you Bison fans think about that so I just won't go there xthumbsupx

Professor Chaos
November 30th, 2012, 10:32 AM

They'll defer and take the ball to start the 2nd half. I think every game this year except for the last one against Illinois St the Bison started on defense.

That is a very rough comparison. year-to-year games are different than games less than a month apart. Also, SDSU is not ranked #3 and we are not undefeated and we didn't beat the Bison last time.

Youngstown State was a mediocre team this year; they have a long ways to go.
I concede those points, my point is merely that you need more than confidence and momentum to win in the Fargodome. You need to have a good team, you need to play a primarily mistake free game, and you need some good fortune. SDSU meets the first criterion, whether they will meet the second two is anyone's guess.

Bison06
November 30th, 2012, 10:39 AM
I don't think SDSU can put up 25+ on the NDSU defense, without a lot of mistakes, or some extraordinary offensive schemes by SDSU.

We all know Jensen knows how to do it, he did it last year. Don't know what has happened this year. If he shows up They score 25+ and the game is over. From what I saw and even read the left side of the O-line has been suspect, maybe there were injuries and that is fixed.

I think the question isn't about the long drives, but can they finish them with a TD.

With NDSU leading the fcs in TOP, if they can do that in this game the scale really tilts in their favor.

I think this game is closer than most think it will be, likely one or two plays. Halftime adjustments.

If the Bison win the toss, I can guarantee that they defer to the second half. Bohl has done that with every won toss since 2003.

mmiller_34
November 30th, 2012, 10:40 AM
They'll defer and take the ball to start the 2nd half. I think every game this year except for the last one against Illinois St the Bison started on defense.

I concede those points, my point is merely that you need more than confidence and momentum to win in the Fargodome. You need to have a good team, you need to play a primarily mistake free game, and you need some good fortune. SDSU meets the first criterion, whether they will meet the second two is anyone's guess.

+1, SDSU must play a flawless game to pull off the upset. That is without question.

deez_na
November 30th, 2012, 10:46 AM
SDSU wins this game only if NDSU turns the ball over. Our defense may have a drive or 2 where they struggle or get sloppy like the Ill St game but they will adjust. Jenson doesn't turn it over i don't see this game being won by SDSU by any means. Jenson needs to get back to his efficient play and keep making solid throws when needed and not force them. Our run game is usually solid enough with our defense to win. Should be a great game regardless though and I can't wait

robsnotes4u
November 30th, 2012, 10:48 AM
If the Bison win the toss, I can guarantee that they defer to the second half. Bohl has done that with every won toss since 2003.

Interesting. I would think you would put your defense on the field, trying to make a statement, hopefully getting a shorter field.

Deferring I guess you can get the best of both worlds.

A note from Norv Turner when they switched to the rule.

"I think everyone in this league right now is trying to get a feel for it," Turner said. "If you look at what's happened in college football, and they've had the rule for a long time, it's about 90 percent of the time they defer. I think you're going to see a lot of people deferring because obviously if you're at home and you're good on defense and the crowd noise and you think you can get a three-and-out and get a short field, you'd like to play defense first. A lot of times it is a psychological advantage to have the ball the first possession of the second half. I think what you're going to see is most teams deferring."

Bison06
November 30th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Interesting. I would think you would put your defense on the field, trying to make a statement, hopefully getting a shorter field.

Deferring I guess you can get the best of both worlds.

A note from Norv Turner when they switched to the rule.

"I think everyone in this league right now is trying to get a feel for it," Turner said. "If you look at what's happened in college football, and they've had the rule for a long time, it's about 90 percent of the time they defer. I think you're going to see a lot of people deferring because obviously if you're at home and you're good on defense and the crowd noise and you think you can get a three-and-out and get a short field, you'd like to play defense first. A lot of times it is a psychological advantage to have the ball the first possession of the second half. I think what you're going to see is most teams deferring."

As you sort of eluded to you get the best of both worlds at home when you defer. You start on defense to capitalize on the crowd excitement and you also get the ball in second half. It would be a heck of an idiotic move for the opposing team not take the ball when you are deferring to the second half.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 30th, 2012, 11:02 AM
SDSU wins this game only if NDSU turns the ball over. Our defense may have a drive or 2 where they struggle or get sloppy like the Ill St game but they will adjust. Jenson doesn't turn it over i don't see this game being won by SDSU by any means. Jenson needs to get back to his efficient play and keep making solid throws when needed and not force them. Our run game is usually solid enough with our defense to win. Should be a great game regardless though and I can't wait

I think the Ill St game was a statement. The way they played that game was more indicative of what they normally do. Ground and pound and short passes to relieve the pressure. Once in a while some razzle dazzle to a deep receiver (I'm guessing Oklund will bust out again).

UNDBIZ
November 30th, 2012, 11:03 AM
So just so I'm reading you right. You're just arguing that scoring 58 points in a game doesn't say anything about the SDSU team because Eastern Illinois is a bad team right?

Everyone the Bison didn't play against this season is a garbage team.... didn't you know??

NoDak 4 Ever
November 30th, 2012, 11:05 AM

Lets just put it this way. Legitimate playoff teams don't give up 50+

Milkman
November 30th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Bison didn't play UND
Any team the Bison didn't play is a garbage team.
UND is a garbage team.
Yup sounds about right

See I can troll too.

deez_na
November 30th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Bison didn't play UND
Any team the Bison didn't play is a garbage team.
UND is a garbage team.
Yup sounds about right

See I can troll too.

Thing about this statement is that it's not entirely trolling, UND isn't a very good team, garbage maybe not quite that bad but they aren't very good.

mmiller_34
November 30th, 2012, 11:15 AM

touche'....

Vitojr130
November 30th, 2012, 11:25 AM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/381872/group/homepage/

It's a sign.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 30th, 2012, 11:33 AM

... And Lakes Jr. completely discounts our dominating win over EIU, giving SDSU no respect/credit. The same EIU team that beat one MVFC team and took the other to OT, mind you. Shocker!!! haha xsmhx

Jacked_Rabbit
November 30th, 2012, 11:35 AM
touche'....

Touche' my A... EIU had given points up in bunches all year. The difference is, they still had outscored their opposition all season long, even with the points they gave up. In the game last weekend, that was NOT the case. The SDSU D completely shut down one of the highest scoring O's in the Nation.

To say that they weren't playoff worthly because they give up a lof of points is bull. See teams like Oregon, Baylor, WVU, OK ST, etc, etc. All solid teams that give up a ton of points - they also usually score more than the team the face.

mmiller_34
November 30th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Touche' my A... EIU had given points up in bunches all year. The difference is, they still had outscored their opposition all season long, even with the points they gave up. In the game last weekend, that was NOT the case. The SDSU D completely shut down one of the highest scoring O's in the Nation.

To say that they weren't playoff worthly because they give up a lof of points is bull. See teams like Oregon, Baylor, WVU, OK ST, etc, etc. All solid teams that give up a ton of points - they also usually score more than the team the face.

touche'...

Vitojr130
November 30th, 2012, 11:44 AM

But they are from the OVC.... a conference that hasn't won a playoff game since like 1997...

Let's pretend the FBS has a playoff system like the FCS (xlolx): The matchup between SDSU and EIU would be similar to a matchup between University of Georgia (2nd in the SEC) and Arkansas State (1st in the Sun Belt). Do you think a UGA win would be much to brag about for this instance? I don't...

BisonBacker
November 30th, 2012, 11:48 AM

Whether you like it or not YSU WAS the #3 team according to the polls in the nation at the time NDSU played them. Whether you think they were or not deserving of that ranking is another debate.

mmiller_34
November 30th, 2012, 11:49 AM
So if SDSU is Georgia.. who exactly is NDSU..

Vitojr130
November 30th, 2012, 11:53 AM
So if SDSU is Georgia.. who exactly is NDSU..

We'll just pretend Notre Dame doesn't exist and go ahead and say Alabama. Oh hey, Alabama and Georgia play eachother tomorrow xlolx xthumbsupx.

BisonBacker
November 30th, 2012, 11:54 AM
I think the Ill St game was a statement. The way they played that game was more indicative of what they normally do. Ground and pound and short passes to relieve the pressure. Once in a while some razzle dazzle to a deep receiver (I'm guessing Oklund will bust out again).

From what I understood he is going to be out for this and maybe the rest of the season with that high ankle sprain he suffered.

BisonBacker
November 30th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Everyone the Bison didn't play against this season is a garbage team.... didn't you know??
http://gifmashup.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Haters-Gonna-Hate.gif

NoDak 4 Ever
November 30th, 2012, 12:03 PM
From what I understood he is going to be out for this and maybe the rest of the season with that high ankle sprain he suffered.

http://blog.industryweapon.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/mick21.png

BisonBacker
November 30th, 2012, 12:05 PM
... And Lakes Jr. completely discounts our dominating win over EIU, giving SDSU no respect/credit. The same EIU team that beat one MVFC team and took the other to OT, mind you. Shocker!!! haha xsmhx

You know you have lost the debate when you get into name calling. But keep fighting the good fight there.

wow
November 30th, 2012, 12:06 PM

Ilegitimate teams don't destroy 1 MVFC team, take another to 2 overtimes, and score 100 points combined. They aren't NDSU, but they aren't USD either.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 30th, 2012, 12:08 PM
But they are from the OVC.... a conference that hasn't won a playoff game since like 1997...

Let's pretend the FBS has a playoff system like the FCS (xlolx): The matchup between SDSU and EIU would be similar to a matchup between University of Georgia (2nd in the SEC) and Arkansas State (1st in the Sun Belt). Do you think a UGA win would be much to brag about for this instance? I don't...

Wow, there were quite a few people picking Arkansas State to beat Georgia prior to last weekend's game... Weird. xcoffeex

344Johnson
November 30th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Whether you like it or not YSU WAS the #3 team according to the polls in the nation at the time NDSU played them. Whether you think they were or not deserving of that ranking is another debate.

I think YSU was a top 10 team at that time. I think the a$$beating they received and then the second half collapse the next week destroyed any confidence they had.

Southern Bison
November 30th, 2012, 12:13 PM

"UNDBIZ" (un-dee-biz) 1. A Sioux (sorry NCAA, I meant Whioux) word when translated into English would match skidmark or pantywaste.

Onto more important and relevant topics, EIU was a high-powered offense that could out-pace the points their defense gave up. The Jackrabbits' defense was on their game last week. Both teams know what to expect from the other...one of the keys may be that "Super-duper top-secret" play that either team has perfected but not revealed to gain a quick 7 points and leave the opposing D bewildered. From a Bison perspective, it seems that in every season, Bohl has pulled the rabbit out of the hat (pardon the pun) and shocked the other team at a crucial moment of the game and the Bison ride that wave to victory.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 30th, 2012, 12:13 PM

I will be most pleased when you are relegated to the Crapsville bar after Saturday.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 30th, 2012, 12:16 PM
I think YSU was a top 10 team at that time. I think the a$$beating they received and then the second half collapse the next week destroyed any confidence they had.

Yeah, great point - they were probably still Top 12 when we dismantled them. I think Indiana State was #7 when we beat them in Terre Haute, and I'd guess UNI was actually #4 when we lost to them in Cedar Falls. xcoolx

Wow, using your own personal ranking system is fun! haha I kid, I kid.

McNeese72
November 30th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Okay, after lurking in this thread for a week, I now realize who the NDSU fans remind me of. There are a few old fans from GSU, Delaware, App. St, etc. from the old versions of this board who will know what I'm talking about. You young guys won't have a clue. They remind me of the Marshall Thundering Herd fans back when they were in the old I-AA.

Doc

Sycamore62
November 30th, 2012, 12:44 PM
I think the key to the game will be NDSU has to limit turnovers (especially pick 6s and no I won't stop bringing that up until my Sycamores play another game) and also limit Zenner's runs to solid runs and not break away runs. In the games I've seen of each team that seemed to be the difference. Take away that long run for Zenner against us and its a different ball game that we have more morale in only down by 7 or so (I realize that's a big if)

EIU's coach didn't pretend he was gonna play defense. In one of his first interviews he said he would like to win games 59-58 which he got half of correct in the playoffs.

Regarding your aunts dick....it really depends on when she got the dick as to what you would call her. If was in prison at the expense of the prison system you might call her your MAunt rather than if she were born a man and you called her your uncle.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 30th, 2012, 12:46 PM

Looky here...loser from up north.....frickin troll!!

Bison win by 2 TDs....or more!

Vitojr130
November 30th, 2012, 12:52 PM

Butthurt UNDie troll is Butthurt.

I guess I'd be butthurt about other colleges too if the college I supported had the official school colors of pink and green. xlolx

Okay I'm done hahaha

AmsterBison
November 30th, 2012, 12:57 PM
+1, SDSU must play a flawless game to pull off the upset. That is without question.

Oh, I'm not sure about that. SDSU is a very good team but, more importantly, the noise in the FargoDome doesn't seem to phase them plus the Bunnies just plain match up well.

Besides, NDSU is just as beatable this year as last year. Last year the average margin in conference games was under 13 points - this year it's under 12 if you take out USD.

One thing I'm sure of though: It's going to be a war on Saturday. Just hope the only casualty is SDSU's playoff run and everybody comes out healthy.

Bisonator
November 30th, 2012, 12:59 PM
25 hours to go. Tick tock tick tock ......GO BISON!!! STOMP THOSE WABBITS!!!

Crockett around the outside 40, 30, 20, 10 TOUCHDOWN!!!! MY OH MY!!!!!

Beck with the sack. Sumner fumbles, BISON BALL!!! MY OH MY!!!!

Jensen playaction to Ojuri, goes deep to Vrah, he's got it! TOUCHDOWN BISON!!! MY OH MY!!!

Drevloh all over Zenner for a 3 yard loss. Sumner's pass is picked off by Marcus Williams, he could go, 30, 20, 10 TOUCHDOWN BISON! That's a pick six for Marcus. There is your DAGGER! MY OH MY!!!!

deez_na
November 30th, 2012, 01:02 PM
25 hours to go. Tick tock tick tock ......GO BISON!!! STOMP THOSE WABBITS!!!

Crockett around the outside 40, 30, 20, 10 TOUCHDOWN!!!! MY OH MY!!!!!

Beck with the sack. Sumner fumbles, BISON BALL!!! MY OH MY!!!!

Jensen playaction to Ojuri, goes deep to Vrah, he's got it! TOUCHDOWN BISON!!! MY OH MY!!!

Drevloh all over Zenner for a 3 yard loss. Sumner's pass is picked off by Marcus Williams, he could go, 30, 20, 10 TOUCHDOWN BISON! That's a pick six for Marcus. There is your DAGGER! MY OH MY!!!!

I'm fine if that's how this games goes :)

darell1976
November 30th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Question for NDSU fans....since the Fargodome is owned by the city of Fargo why can't they sell alcohol at football games?

mmiller_34
November 30th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Question for NDSU fans....since the Fargodome is owned by the city of Fargo why can't they sell alcohol at football games?

I thought they did? Or at least they did the last time I was there in 2008; or maybe I'm just remembering wrong which wouldn't be a shocker.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 30th, 2012, 01:12 PM
I thought they did? Or at least they did the last time I was there in 2008; or maybe I'm just remembering wrong which wouldn't be a shocker.

The Fargodome can sell alcohol but since NDSU is the tenant during games, their alcohol policy governs at the time.

darell1976
November 30th, 2012, 01:14 PM
The Fargodome can sell alcohol but since NDSU is the tenant during games, their alcohol policy governs at the time.

I would think maybe add some beer would boost more $$$ for NDSU.

Vitojr130
November 30th, 2012, 01:17 PM

Yup, ^this. Any events that are hosted by NDSU have the alcohol prohibition policy. However, it's always fun egging the concession stand folks on when I ask for one of their $6 beers that are on the menu...

NoDak 4 Ever
November 30th, 2012, 01:20 PM
I would think maybe add some beer would boost more $$$ for NDSU.

The ironic thing is events put on by the Alumni Association might as well be co-sponsored by Jack Daniels.

Literally ran the Hilton out of booze in Frisco. NDSU event.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 30th, 2012, 01:20 PM
I will be most pleased when you are relegated to the Crapsville bar after Saturday.

Right back at ya, partner. The pain/dismay felt by the Bison faithful would have to be 100x worse than that of what I'd be feeling if we come up short on Saturday. Going in, I realize the odds of SDSU winning this game are far less likely than us losing. I'll try to brace myself as best I can for a loss (although I'll still be in Crapsville if it happens), but if we pull off this monumental upset, I will likely get arrested on Saturday night! xthumbsupx ... Sure hope they have wireless in the Drunk Tank!

NoDak 4 Ever
November 30th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Right back at ya, partner. The pain/dismay felt by the Bison faithful would have to be 100x worse than that of what I'd be feeling if we come up short on Saturday. Going in, I realize the odds of SDSU winning this game are far less likely than us losing. I'll try to brace myself as best I can for a loss (although I'll still be in Crapsville if it happens), but if we pull off this monumental upset, I will likely get arrested on Saturday night! xthumbsupx ... Sure hope they have wireless in the Drunk Tank!

Again, I was there before, it was fun. One of these teams will be in contention perennially, the other will not.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 30th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Just saw this post by 'Witness' on SDSUFans and thought it was worth passing along. Not a bad anology of what I think a lot of SDSU fans feel like...

Whenever I think of this game, I think of the 2008 New England/Giants Super Bowl. New England dominated the regular season and was ranked the #1 team in the NFL. On the last regular season game, New England beat the Giants by only 3 which gave the Giants some confidence. Giants were the second to last team to get into the playoffs in the NFC as a wildcard and I think we all know how the second game they played turned out.

The glaring difference is that NDSU hasn't been nearly as dominant as the '08 Patriots, already losing a game at home and winning some very close contents on the road. Take it for what its worth, just thought it may help explain why most Jackrabbit fans are such a positive outlook on this game.

Milkman
November 30th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Just saw this post by 'Witness' on SDSUFans and thought it was worth passing along. Not a bad anology of what I think a lot of SDSU fans feel like...

Whenever I think of this game, I think of the 2008 New England/Giants Super Bowl. New England dominated the regular season and was ranked the #1 team in the NFL. On the last regular season game, New England beat the Giants by only 3 which gave the Giants some confidence. Giants were the second to last team to get into the playoffs in the NFC as a wildcard and I think we all know how the second game they played turned out.

The glaring difference is that NDSU hasn't been nearly as dominant as the '08 Patriots, already losing a game at home and winning some very close contents on the road. Take it for what its worth, just thought it may help explain why most Jackrabbit fans are such a positive outlook on this game. Oh so now you are as good as the NY Football Giants????? Some of you bunny fans are so dilusional.

:D

NoDak 4 Ever
November 30th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Think of it like this. There was another team who came to the Fargodome after beating a OVC team with some pretty high hopes. They were called James Madison

Professor Chaos
November 30th, 2012, 01:54 PM

The glaring difference is that NDSU hasn't been nearly as dominant as the '08 Patriots, already losing a game at home and winning some very close contents on the road. Take it for what its worth, just thought it may help explain why most Jackrabbit fans are such a positive outlook on this game.
NDSU also isn't coached by the biggest dick in the western hemisphere.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 30th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Oh so now you are as good as the NY Football Giants????? Some of you bunny fans are so dilusional.

If we played this year's New York Giant team at home on the grass of Coughlin-Alumni, limited Bradshaw to under 80 yards rushing, and were +2 in TO radio.... ...Oh, nevermind. :o

Jacked_Rabbit
November 30th, 2012, 02:10 PM

is or isn't? Sorry, had to do a double-take on that... xdontknowx haha

darell1976
November 30th, 2012, 02:13 PM

That belongs to Nick Saban.:D

Jacked_Rabbit
November 30th, 2012, 02:18 PM
That belongs to Nick Saban.:D

You mean this cute, lovable little guy? C'mon, man... No way.

http://extreme.statics.msn.com/statics/ImageService.ashx?i=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.foxsports. com%2Fcontent%2Ffscom%2Fimg%2F2012%2F09%2F03%2F090 212-CFB-DEVILS-ADVOCATE-OB-pi_20120903020741836_335_220.JPG&w=304&h=0&c=DPuXNrQs&q=75&m=0&f=jpg

BisonCM
November 30th, 2012, 02:18 PM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/381881/group/homepage/

"South Dakota Gov. Dennis Daugaard earlier this month lost a wager to North Dakota Gov. Jack Dalrymple when NDSU beat SDSU 20-17. Daugaard wagered a buffalo steak dinner against Dalrymple's meats gift basket.

Now the governors are going "double-or-nothing" on the rematch in this weekend's playoff matchup.

The game marks the 100th meeting between NDSU and SDSU."

This is the best that they can do for the 100th meeting, double or nothing with a steak and meat basket? These guys need to stop doing this or come up with something creative.

darell1976
November 30th, 2012, 02:21 PM
You mean this cute, lovable little guy? C'mon, man... No way.

http://extreme.statics.msn.com/statics/ImageService.ashx?i=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.foxsports. com%2Fcontent%2Ffscom%2Fimg%2F2012%2F09%2F03%2F090 212-CFB-DEVILS-ADVOCATE-OB-pi_20120903020741836_335_220.JPG&w=304&h=0&c=DPuXNrQs&q=75&m=0&f=jpg

xlolx

Professor Chaos
November 30th, 2012, 02:22 PM

"South Dakota Gov. Dennis Daugaard earlier this month lost a wager to North Dakota Gov. Jack Dalrymple when NDSU beat SDSU 20-17. Daugaard wagered a buffalo steak dinner against Dalrymple's meats gift basket.

Now the governors are going "double-or-nothing" on the rematch in this weekend's playoff matchup.

This is the best that they can do for the 100th meeting, double or nothing with a steak and meat basket? These guys need to stop doing this or come up with something creative.
How about Mount Rushmore for the World's largest cow (http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2716)?

Jacked_Rabbit
November 30th, 2012, 02:26 PM
How about Mount Rushmore for the World's largest cow (http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2716)?

We can't do Mount Rushmore, but I think we'd be willing to part with the Wall Drug Jackalope... Cow for a Jackalope is more fitting, anyway.

http://blackhillsdiscoverytours.com/image/wall1.jpg

robsnotes4u
November 30th, 2012, 02:29 PM

Now that is funny, the Holstein of New Salem vs The Presidents of Mt Rushmore.

RabidRabbit
November 30th, 2012, 02:39 PM
NDSU also isn't coached by the biggest dick in the western hemisphere. What? I'd swore that I read Bohl was changing his name to Holmes, in a nod to his hero! :P

wow
November 30th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Bohl seems to be a fairly nice/decent person. He's no Stig, but I've never thought of him as a dick.

MarkyMark
November 30th, 2012, 03:11 PM

Double or Nothing??? Apparently SD Gov. never paid up the first time.

BisonCM
November 30th, 2012, 03:19 PM
Double or Nothing??? Apparently SD Gov. never paid up the first time.

Or he did and Dalrymple will have to go down the water treatment plant, find what's left, give it back to Daugaard...

wow
November 30th, 2012, 03:35 PM

Agree 100%. Hick bet, IMO. If we lose, I'll give you meat. If we win, you give me meat. Hur durr.

At least do a charity donation type of thing or something and do some good with it.

Or the loser has to take the other state's UxD.

Milkman
November 30th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Agree 100%. Hick bet, IMO. If we lose, I'll give you meat. If we win, you give me meat. Hur durr.

At least do a charity donation type of thing or something and do some good with it.

Or the loser has to take the other state's UxD.

the xD in your UxD works on two levels.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 30th, 2012, 04:45 PM
I cannot wait for this game tomorrow.

Well rested Bison team is going to take it to the Jacks.

GO BISON

boogereagle
November 30th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Go Bunnies. Got a co-worker who went to school there and wound up down South. IF GSU can't win it, then I'd like to see either South Dakota State or Coastal Carolina win it.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 30th, 2012, 04:57 PM
I cannot wait for this game tomorrow.

Well rested Bison team is going to take it to the Jacks.

GO BISON

By well rested, do you mean rusty & not sharp? The Bison came flying out of the gates last time, jumping out to an early 10 pt lead. This time around, I predict they come out flat after sitting around for 2 full weeks. Wouldn't be surprised to see SDSU get on the board first. Not saying we will be able to hang on, but just my opinion. Proceed with killing me for throwing out my 2 cents.

aces1180
November 30th, 2012, 05:05 PM
By well rested, do you mean rusty & not sharp? The Bison came flying out of the gates last time, jumping out to an early 10 pt lead. This time around, I predict they come out flat after sitting around for 2 full weeks. Wouldn't be surprised to see SDSU get on the board first. Not saying we will be able to hang on, but just my opinion. Proceed with killing me for throwing out my 2 cents.

The Bison are 10-1 coming off a bye week under Bohl...I doubt they will be rusty or not sharp.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 30th, 2012, 05:11 PM

Maybe.

I'm pretty sure a loud FD might get them going though....

RabidRabbit
November 30th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Aw heck Jacked, us "waskily Wabbits" can say plenty, but we actually prefer to THUMP our opponent instead. GO JACKS!!!!!

Jacked_Rabbit
November 30th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Maybe.

I'm pretty sure a loud FD might get them going though....

From an adrenaline standpoint, sure, but from an execution standpoint - I don't know. Not playing at game speed for 2 weeks is tough. 10-1 coming off of a BYE is great, but that obviously includes a number of D2 years, so I can imagine the talent level of the teams they were playing in those 11 games equates to this Jackrabbit team.

Again, I'm only saying that I don't see NDSU up 10-0 at the end of the 1st quarter again.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 30th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Aw heck Jacked, us "waskily Wabbits" can say plenty, but we actually prefer to THUMP our opponent instead. GO JACKS!!!!!

Do you think the Jacks will have 120 total yards like the last game until their final drive?

Jacks will not break 250 yards tomorrow and lose by 2 TDs.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 30th, 2012, 05:17 PM
From an adrenaline standpoint, sure, but from an execution standpoint - I don't know. Not playing at game speed for 2 weeks is tough. 10-1 coming off of a BYE is great, but that obviously includes a number of D2 years, so I can imagine the talent level of the teams they were playing in those 11 games equates to this Jackrabbit team.

Again, I'm only saying that I don't see NDSU up 10-0 at the end of the 1st quarter again.

The 10-1 figure is since Bohl has been head coach for the Bison in the D1 era.

Bisonoline
November 30th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Oh, I'm not sure about that. SDSU is a very good team but, more importantly, the noise in the FargoDome doesn't seem to phase them plus the Bunnies just plain match up well.

Besides, NDSU is just as beatable this year as last year. Last year the average margin in conference games was under 13 points - this year it's under 12 if you take out USD.

One thing I'm sure of though: It's going to be a war on Saturday. Just hope the only casualty is SDSU's playoff run and everybody comes out healthy.

Finally a reasoned voice. Well done.

aces1180
November 30th, 2012, 05:34 PM
The 10-1 figure is since Bohl has been head coach for the Bison in the D1 era.

That's correct...The only year the Bison played a DII schedule with Bohl at the helm was 2003.

But hey, let's just assume things without knowing the facts...that seems to be the Jackrabbit fan way!

NoDak 4 Ever
November 30th, 2012, 05:39 PM
That's correct...The only year the Bison played a DII schedule with Bohl at the helm was 2003.

But hey, let's just assume things without knowing the facts...that seems to be the Jackrabbit fan way!

I actually remember seeing a class when I went to SDSU called "Ignoring Empirical Evidence", didn't believe it though.

FargoBison
November 30th, 2012, 05:52 PM

2012: 66-7 win vs Prarie View A&M
2011: 17-6 win vs SHSU
2011: 26-14 win vs JMU
2011: 37-24 Win at Minnesota
2010: 20-6 Win vs SIU
2009: 56-17 Win at Indiana State
2008: 48-27 Win at Missouri State
2007: no bye week
2006: 23-10 Win vs Northeastern
2005: 14-20 Loss vs UC Davis
2004: 24-14 Win at Nicholls State
2003: 24-0 Win vs SDSU

NoDak 4 Ever
November 30th, 2012, 05:55 PM

That's FBS, Playoff, National Championship. No cupcakes there.

darell1976
November 30th, 2012, 05:58 PM

No bye week in 2007? 11 games in a row!!

NoDak 4 Ever
November 30th, 2012, 06:03 PM
No bye week in 2007? 11 games in a row!!

That was the 10-1 season with 2 FBS opponents. App State is lucky they weren't eligible. That team was a monster.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 30th, 2012, 06:05 PM
That's FBS, Playoff, National Championship. No cupcakes there.

More impressive than I had assumed.

I guess I've changed my mind - now I think NDSU will beat us by 40 because of their mind-blowing success coming off of a bye week with past teams in past seasons. I'm not going to even watch the game anymore. Why would I? It would be pointless since I already know the outcome due to this impressive statistic.

Somebody should've emailed this information to the SDSU Athletic Department earlier in the week so we could've just cancelled the trip and saved some dough.

xawesomex

Southern Bison
November 30th, 2012, 06:05 PM
2007 season
10 Wins
Stephen F. Austin
Sam Houston St.
Central Mich
W. Illinois
UC Davis
Miss. Valley St.
Minnesota,
S. Utah,
Illinois St.
Cal Poly.

1 Loss - SDSU

Southern Bison
November 30th, 2012, 06:06 PM
Are the Jackrabbits in Fargo tonight or are they leaving SD in the AM?

aces1180
November 30th, 2012, 06:07 PM
2007 season
10 Wins
Stephen F. Austin
Sam Houston St.
Central Mich
W. Illinois
UC Davis
Miss. Valley St.
Minnesota,
S. Utah,
Illinois St.
Cal Poly.

1 Loss - SDSU

That game still drives me nuts...I still can't believe that Jackrabbit housed a 96-yard PR, especially with 6 or so NDSU players around him waiting for a fair catch or for him to let the ball go into the end zone.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 30th, 2012, 06:08 PM

I guess I've changed my mind - now I think NDSU will beat us by 40 because of their mind-blowing success coming off of a bye week with past teams in past seasons. I'm not going to even watch the game anymore. Why would I? It would be pointless since I already know the outcome due to this impressive statistic.

Somebody should've emailed this information to the SDSU Athletic Department earlier in the week so we could've just cancelled the trip and saved some dough.

xawesomex

Which one? The conference opponent meeting in the playoffs winning the last 7 of 8 at home? Bohl's 10-1 record coming off the bye? SDSU only winning 1 game in Fargo in the last 47 years? Sounds like long odds. Hope you skipped the lottery, you're going to need the luck.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 30th, 2012, 06:13 PM

xawesomex

Now, you're comin around.....xbeerchugx

Drblankstare
November 30th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Good luck and good health to both teams, should be a hell of a game. Eat some good food and drink some good beer and enjoy yourselves. I know I will:D

Southern Bison
December 1st, 2012, 07:05 AM
Good luck and good health to both teams, should be a hell of a game. Eat some good food and drink some good beer and enjoy yourselves. I know I will:D

A bunch of us NDSU Alums will be doing exactly that here in Charlotte...anyone tailgating already? Breakfast on the grill and a beer in the West parking lot at 7 am...the start to a great day!!

DJKyR0
December 1st, 2012, 07:35 AM
Nothing like watching sunrise dawn on a day of playoff football. Lets go bison!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 1st, 2012, 08:23 AM
Cannot wait for this game.....sleepless night last night.

Bison win by 2 TDs.

GO BISON

Jacked_Rabbit
December 1st, 2012, 09:56 AM
Well, I've had a lot of fun BS'ing with my fellow Jackrabbit comrades and the Bison faithful over the past week, and I'm ecstatic that game day is finally upon us! I'd like to apologize if I rubbed any NDSU fans the wrong way during our banter back and forth over the past few days, but hopefully you can take everything that was said with a grain of salt - nothing wrong with some good-natured ribbing between new rivals. With the amount of pride we all have for our respective universities, compiled with what's at stake later today in the Fargo Dome, things were sure to get colorful on medium like AGS from time to time.

As a former SDSU football player and lifelong Jackrabbit, I'll be the first to admit it, the numbers don't like: 1 win in Fargo in the last 48 years, 0 National Championships compared to 9, 1 playoff win compared to dozens, etc, etc. If you are strictly looking at the history of these two football programs, South Dakota State doesn't belong in the same stratosphere as North Dakota State. I don't think you would find any Jack-backer that would try arguing that point. Your facilities and funding have always been superior to ours, and your success on the field has followed suit. I've got nothing but respect for NDSU from that standpoint.

At the same time, the feeling of inferiority that our program has had to deal with over the years has made our more recent success all the sweeter. Three straight Dakota Marker victories (although we've now lost 3 straight) most definitely helped ramp up this rivalry in the early stages. Let's face it, a rivalry can't grow if it is only one-sided... And when we moved to the FCS level together, leaving our little step-brothers behind, I think our universities most certainly formed a small bond. Although we didn't have much in common in the form of historical football accomplishments, there has atleast been some level of respect shown to one another, which is a far cry from the distain we both have for our respective UXD rivals. I like that.

Whether the Jackrabbits are able to pull of the upset today or not is yet to be determined, but I will be proud of what they accomplished this year regardless of the outcome. Making the playoffs two of the past four years at the FCS level, after going damn near 40-some years without making the playoffs at the D2 level, speaks volumes about the direction our program is heading. A win today would be the biggest victory in our program's history, no question. It would be a huge spring-board for not only recruiting and the future of the football program, but possibly more importantly, public perception from the residents of the state of South Dakota and others in the Region. I hope we see a highly contested rematch today, free of injuries, with the winner of this game eventually bringing the title back to the Dakotas. I'll be the first to congratulate the Bison in victory (although I hope that doesn't happen) and the first to talk some ***** if we pull off the upset! xlolx

Enjoy the game everyone -

Go Jacks!

Southern Bison
December 1st, 2012, 09:58 AM
Good un-biased commentary in today's Forum...xbeerchugx Here's to a good and safe game for everyone today.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/381952/group/Sports/

SDFS
December 1st, 2012, 10:01 AM
Good luck to both schools it should be a good game. I will be pulling for the Jacks in this one.

BISON Thunder
December 1st, 2012, 10:11 AM
Well, I've had a lot of fun BS'ing with my fellow Jackrabbit comrades and the Bison faithful over the past week, and I'm ecstatic that game day is finally upon us! I'd like to apologize if I rubbed any NDSU fans the wrong way during our banter back and forth over the past few days, but hopefully you can take everything that was said with a grain of salt - nothing wrong with some good-natured ribbing between new rivals. With the amount of pride we all have for our respective universities, compiled with what's at stake later today in the Fargo Dome, things were sure to get colorful on medium like AGS from time to time.

As a former SDSU football player and lifelong Jackrabbit, I'll be the first to admit it, the numbers don't like: 1 win in Fargo in the last 48 years, 0 National Championships compared to 9, 1 playoff win compared to dozens, etc, etc. If you are strictly looking at the history of these two football programs, South Dakota State doesn't belong in the same stratosphere as North Dakota State. I don't think you would find any Jack-backer that would try arguing that point. Your facilities and funding have always been superior to ours, and your success on the field has followed suit. I've got nothing but respect for NDSU from that standpoint.

At the same time, the feeling of inferiority that our program has had to deal with over the years has made our more recent success all the sweeter. Three straight Dakota Marker victories (although we've now lost 3 straight) most definitely helped ramp up this rivalry in the early stages. Let's face it, a rivalry can't grow if it is only one-sided... And when we moved to the FCS level together, leaving our little step-brothers behind, I think our universities most certainly formed a small bond. Although we didn't have much in common in the form of historical football accomplishments, there has atleast been some level of respect shown to one another, which is a far cry from the distain we both have for our respective UXD rivals. I like that.

Whether the Jackrabbits are able to pull of the upset today or not is yet to be determined, but I will be proud of what they accomplished this year regardless of the outcome. Making the playoffs two of the past four years at the FCS level, after going damn near 40-some years without making the playoffs at the D2 level, speaks volumes about the direction our program is heading. A win today would be the biggest victory in our program's history, no question. It would be a huge spring-board for not only recruiting and the future of the football program, but possibly more importantly, public perception from the residents of the state of South Dakota and others in the Region. I hope we see a highly contested rematch today, free of injuries, with the winner of this game eventually bringing the title back to the Dakotas. I'll be the first to congratulate the Bison in victory (although I hope that doesn't happen) and the first to talk some ***** if we pull off the upset! xlolx

Go Jacks!

...and no matter who wins, I still love your forum name and double pancake pic!

Gothmog
December 1st, 2012, 10:23 AM
Good un-biased commentary in today's Forum...xbeerchugx Here's to a good and safe game for everyone today.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/381952/group/Sports/

I'm very surprised by this excellent article. It's seems to be suggesting that this rivalry is a better, more productive one than the intrastate Dakota rivalries. That's a shocking turn around for both the Forum and this writer.

Go Bison!

steelr7
December 1st, 2012, 10:32 AM
Super excited for today! I really expect that NDSU wins this one by 10+, pulling away in the 4th qtr. Offense was not very good during the first matchup & NDSU still was able to win the game. I really hoping the Fargodome will be rockin like it was last year during the playoffs. Have yet to see that this season in the Dome (maybe the YSU game?).
Either way should be a great day.
Here's to a better offensive performance & a defensive TD by the Bison!
Cheers!

NDSU 30
SDSU 17

Go Bison!

swaghook
December 1st, 2012, 10:59 AM
...and no matter who wins, I still love your forum name and double pancake pic!http://www.gamefromscratch.com/image.axd?picture=oolong.jpeg

LOL first image that came to mind when I read that comment. Looking forward to a heck of a game and I hope to see some bunnies pancaked today.

MarkyMark
December 1st, 2012, 11:35 AM
Preview of today's game from NDSU Athletics

http://www.gobison.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=1128324

Bison56
December 1st, 2012, 11:35 AM

Go Jacks!

You are a class act.xkissx Enjoy reading the posts and I personally never take it to heart. This is what fans of the programs do. They give each other rib shots leading up to the game. Good Luck to both teams!xthumbsupx

No_Skill
December 1st, 2012, 11:48 AM

Go Jacks!

Great post! Let's have some fun today and best of luck to the winner!

mmiller_34
December 1st, 2012, 02:47 PM
T-minus 15 minutes and counting...

mmiller_34
December 1st, 2012, 02:56 PM
ESPN3 is telling me.."Your event is about to begin. Please stand by."

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2012, 02:58 PM
ESPN3 is telling me.."Your event is about to begin. Please stand by."

That's because they won't turn it on until 3/4pm

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2012, 03:04 PM
Ugh. The Play by play announcer is a "Bisson" guy.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2012, 03:09 PM
SDSU gets the ball first and 3 and out.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2012, 03:12 PM
Not a single run play yet. VIGEN!!!!!!!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2012, 03:22 PM
after a long drive, missed FG from 43 yards. Gotta get those points.

Hambone
December 1st, 2012, 03:27 PM
Jacks with a short FG and a 3-0 lead

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2012, 03:28 PM
SDSU takes its first lead of the season.

SDSU - 3
NDSU - 0

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2012, 03:36 PM
Thanks to the run game and John Crockett, the Bison are once again threatening.

mmiller_34
December 1st, 2012, 03:38 PM
Bison TD 7-3.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2012, 03:39 PM
Bison back in the groove.

2Q
SDSU 3
NDSU 7

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2012, 03:40 PM
Just as an aside, if the game keeps going like this, it's going to be exactly as we predicted.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2012, 03:47 PM
Holy crap, that was a terrible call on 4th down.

mmiller_34
December 1st, 2012, 03:53 PM
NDSU TD. Sucks, but gotta love the fumble-rooskie call.

Drblankstare
December 1st, 2012, 03:56 PM

I'm not sure I've ever seen that play outside of a playground. Great call

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2012, 03:56 PM

Jacks gotta do something to get this game under control.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2012, 03:59 PM
someone say Buck Buchanan?

Drblankstare
December 1st, 2012, 03:59 PM
Great pick by M Will. Bison ball at the 50

mmiller_34
December 1st, 2012, 04:00 PM
This ones over.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2012, 04:01 PM
This ones over.

After 23 minutes of football?

mmiller_34
December 1st, 2012, 04:02 PM
Its like SDSU didn't change their gameplan at all from the first game. Way to be predictable.

aces1180
December 1st, 2012, 04:06 PM
21-3 Bison with about 4 left in 2nd...

frozennorth
December 1st, 2012, 04:06 PM
shades of ysu thusfar

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2012, 04:07 PM
Whew, this is getting out of hand!

Drblankstare
December 1st, 2012, 04:07 PM
Bison absolutely owning 2nd qrt. TD run for Jenson. 3 min left till half. Jacks need a score badly to stay in this.

mmiller_34
December 1st, 2012, 04:08 PM
Bison absolutely owning 2nd qrt. TD run for Jenson. 3 min left till half. Jacks need a score badly to stay in this.

Won't happen. We've run out of plays already. Alright, I'm leaving I'm being too much of a negative nancy.

Enjoy the ride Bison fans! Peace out!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2012, 04:10 PM

It's only going to get worse. The Bison only get better as their depth kicks in. That TOP is going to be a killer.

robsnotes4u
December 1st, 2012, 04:10 PM
The old Brock Jensen is back, great play calling by the offensive coordinator. The bison are dominating all aspects of this game.

Drblankstare
December 1st, 2012, 04:25 PM
That was the Bisons best half of football this year, IMO. Lets see if they can put the dagger in when they get the ball to start the 2nd half.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2012, 04:27 PM
That was the Bisons best half of football this year, IMO. Lets see if they can put the dagger in when they get the ball to start the 2nd half.

Beast mode is on. Forget that regular season Bison team. This is the playoffs.

Drblankstare
December 1st, 2012, 04:29 PM
Beast mode is on. Forget that regular season Bison team. This is the playoffs.

It sure seems like they can flip that switch when it comes time.

mmiller_34
December 1st, 2012, 04:44 PM
Hate to see Grimmestad go down. He's a heck of a ball player. Anyone see that 3rd down conversion rate so far this game? Bison 7/11, SDSU 0/6

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2012, 04:48 PM
Hate to see Grimmestad go down. He's a heck of a ball player. Anyone see that 3rd down conversion rate so far this game? Bison 7/11, SDSU 0/6

I'm guessing a thigh bruise/charley horse thing. Hopefully anyway.

Drblankstare
December 1st, 2012, 04:58 PM
Looks like the Bison O has gone into hibernation mode to begin the 2nd half, they still need to keep a little pressure on.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2012, 04:59 PM
I'm afraid that they have taken their foot off the gas.

Drblankstare
December 1st, 2012, 05:04 PM
I'm afraid that they have taken their foot off the gas.

Looks like their just going to lean on the D. I understand not wanting to be risky, but you just can't run the ball up the middle for 3 plays and punt.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2012, 05:05 PM
Looks like their just going to lean on the D. I understand not wanting to be risky, but you just can't run the ball up the middle for 3 plays and punt.

the best course of action here would be to have a long sustained drive that goes into the 4th quarter. That D is gassed.

mmiller_34
December 1st, 2012, 05:06 PM
Oh no, Chris Tracy. Knee...

deez_na
December 1st, 2012, 05:06 PM
Woohoo go Bison. Looking solid

Drblankstare
December 1st, 2012, 05:07 PM
the best course of action here would be to have a long sustained drive that goes into the 4th quarter. That D is gassed.

That would about end it. I'm hoping for at least a 1st down.

Go Bison
December 1st, 2012, 05:07 PM
Oh no, Chris Tracy. Knee...

I hate to see injuries on either side.

ITmonarch10
December 1st, 2012, 05:13 PM
SDSU offense needs points this drive or they will lose. They don't have a high power offense to afford another punt.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2012, 05:13 PM
Well I guess that counts.

http://www.sxc.hu/pic/m/l/li/liaj/117994_counting_fingers__4.jpg

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2012, 05:14 PM
SDSU offense needs points this drive or they will lose. They don't have a high power offense to afford another punt.

They lost about halfway through the 2nd quarter. This one is done.

ITmonarch10
December 1st, 2012, 05:17 PM
They lost about halfway through the 2nd quarter. This one is done.

I think your right. The only way SDSU wins is if your offense/special teams has a derp moment and spots them some points.

Drblankstare
December 1st, 2012, 05:33 PM
Long pass play overturned by replay. Jacks can't catch a break, there was a clear pass interference on that play, but wasn't called. Still 21-3 Bison 10 min left in the 4th.

Drblankstare
December 1st, 2012, 05:35 PM
Jacks go for it 4th and15 at there own 35. Turnover on downs, That should do it.

DJKyR0
December 1st, 2012, 05:37 PM
Bison get a big gain on 4th down. Jacks starting to get awfully chippy and lay a late hit on Jensen. C'mon, guys.

mmiller_34
December 1st, 2012, 05:38 PM
Well this one is officially over. Teams only score on the Bison if the Bison do it for them. My Jacks had a great season and we'll be back next season. Congrats Bison fans. Take it to Frisco.

Drblankstare
December 1st, 2012, 05:39 PM
Bison get a big gain on 4th down. Jacks starting to get awfully chippy and lay a late hit on Jensen. C'mon, guys.

It looks like everyone is getting a little tight, don't need to see a fight at this point.

NoDak 4 Ever

I hate chicken**** stuff like that. You will never convince me that the Perry play wasn't the same ****.

aces1180

Sorry but that is coaching...After this game, I've lost all respect for SDSU and Stig. It's bullcrap.

So let's just run up the score with a TD...28-3 Herd.

Drblankstare
Well this one is officially over. Teams only score on the Bison if the Bison do it for them. My Jacks had a great season and we'll be back next season. Congrats Bison fans. Take it to Frisco.

+1

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2012, 05:42 PM
Looks like Carson Wentz will be going in.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2012, 05:46 PM
Wouldn't hate another TD right here.

Go Bison
December 1st, 2012, 05:47 PM
28 unanswered points by the Bison and the backup QB is in the game.

aces1180
December 1st, 2012, 05:48 PM
Another PF for SDSU...Steve Walker just called SDSU a disgrace for their cheap shots.

When you can't beat the best, the worst comes out in you.

robsnotes4u
December 1st, 2012, 05:49 PM
Great game by the Bison, hats off to them. The coaches game plan was excellent.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2012, 05:51 PM
Well this went exactly as I thought.

Apologies accepted.

mmiller_34
December 1st, 2012, 05:51 PM
Another PF for SDSU...Steve Walker just called SDSU a disgrace for their cheap shots.

When you can't beat the best, the worst comes out in you.

Alot of frustration out there. NO excuse though. Hate to see this season end.

X-Factor
December 1st, 2012, 05:57 PM
Definitely lost some respect for sdsu players/coaches after this game.

Go Bison
December 1st, 2012, 05:58 PM
Alot of frustration out there. NO excuse though. Hate to see this season end.

I still don't like the fact that these two teams had to play so early. I do think SDSU could have won a game or two if they weren't matched up with the #1 seed.

mmiller_34
December 1st, 2012, 06:04 PM
I still don't like the fact that these two teams had to play so early. I do think SDSU could have won a game or two if they weren't matched up with the #1 seed.

I agree. All because the NCAA wanted to save a little money. I think SDSU could have fared better against ODU or MSU, but all that is just speculation. We needed to beat UNI to avoid this matchup and we couldn't do it.

SDSU has a mental block against UNI.

Sycamore62
December 1st, 2012, 06:36 PM

I dislike it just because I'd like the playoffs to show me how the MVC teams match up against other conference's teams. I'd say most of the 16 teams are pretty close and I've already had a chance to see this game, let me see how they do against other teams from around the country.

And really, how much money are we talking about saving?

wow
December 1st, 2012, 06:43 PM
Congrats Bison, win the title for the MVFC.

semobison
December 1st, 2012, 06:53 PM
Well this went exactly as I thought.

Apologies accepted.

You pick a Bison blowout every week so...your going to get it right on occassion! Giving ya some crap NoDak! Every week I am amazed by our defense! Dominating!!

Bison56
December 1st, 2012, 06:56 PM
Good game by the Bison. Cant wait to see how the D does next week against the TO.

Bison56
December 1st, 2012, 06:57 PM
Also want to congradulate SDSU on a great year! Except for the end of the game. A little fustration I understand but that was getting a little out of control. Once fine but after that I blame the coach for not stopping it after the first time.

Daved
December 1st, 2012, 06:59 PM
I dislike it just because I'd like the playoffs to show me how the MVC teams match up against other conference's teams. I'd say most of the 16 teams are pretty close and I've already had a chance to see this game, let me see how they do against other teams from around the country.

And really, how much money are we talking about saving?Totally agree--either way one of the best teams in the MVFC as well as the country was going to be eliminated today and I highly doubt a non-conference team would've been successful against either of them.

robsnotes4u
December 1st, 2012, 06:59 PM
These two teams are young, and will battle again next year. Great year for SDSU and a beautifully played game by the bison

Hammerhead
December 1st, 2012, 07:00 PM
I thought this game would be a little closer although we did get a lucky on a couple of long passes by SDSU that got dropped.

robsnotes4u
December 1st, 2012, 07:21 PM
I thought this game would be a little closer although we did get a lucky on a couple of long passes by SDSU that got dropped.

Me too, but no doubt. Those two passes were killers.

Southern Bison
December 1st, 2012, 08:15 PM
Congrats to the 'Rabbits on a strong season and very little to hang your head about. Join with us and ISU-r and cheer the MVFC on to Frisco for an all-conference championship game!

Pards Rule
December 1st, 2012, 08:30 PM
Congrats Bison!! See you in Frisco!

Bisonator
December 1st, 2012, 09:06 PM
Also want to congradulate SDSU on a great year! Except for the end of the game. A little fustration I understand but that was getting a little out of control. Once fine but after that I blame the coach for not stopping it after the first time.

I agree, Stig should have gathered his players and told them to cut the crap!

Congrats to SDSU and their fans on a great season!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 1st, 2012, 09:16 PM
Back from the game and celebration at BWWs.

Total domination by the Bison. They were clearly the better team by far.

Bring on Wofford.

68ndsuBISONfan
December 1st, 2012, 09:26 PM
Jacks really wanted this rematch. It'll be a good game to watch

Where was SDSU today? They never were a threat at all.

AmsterBison
December 1st, 2012, 10:53 PM
Where was SDSU today? They never were a threat at all.

Don't be a jerk. SDSU is a very good team - wish they could have been matched up with somebody else.

Twentysix
December 1st, 2012, 11:25 PM
That was a great playoff game. Big fan of the games that are barely in doubt when it comes to my team and the playoffs.

mmiller_34
December 1st, 2012, 11:39 PM
I've calmed down a bit, changed my signature picture, got a beer at Crapsville, now I'm feeling pretty good about the 2012 season and things to come.

Took me forever to figure out how to resize a picture. xpeacex

Jacks02
December 1st, 2012, 11:59 PM
Congrats on the win Bison fans. You completely outplayed us today. We made a few mistakes early and as good teams do, you took advantage of them and buried us. Best defense I've seen in the FCS.

Kegerator
December 2nd, 2012, 12:22 AM
What's amazing about the Bison is the sense of ruthless discipline. They are so polished and prepared. There were many times when Brock Jensen looked awful today, but it didn't matter. Craig Bohl's phone is going to be ringing off the hook this off-season. He's done a great job.

Twentysix
December 2nd, 2012, 12:25 AM
What's amazing about the Bison is the sense of ruthless discipline. They are so polished and prepared. There were many times when Brock Jensen looked awful today, but it didn't matter. Craig Bohl's phone is going to be ringing off the hook this off-season. He's done a great job.

Brock has really fallen apart since the ISUb game.

BisonBohl
December 2nd, 2012, 12:27 AM
I thought Brock played a pretty solid game today, sure at times he frustrating but he also does a lot of little things really really really good today. Made couple big blocks, was excellent with play actions and fakes and as always is warrior and runs hard.

Twentysix
December 2nd, 2012, 12:31 AM
I thought Brock played a pretty solid game today, sure at times he frustrating but he also does a lot of little things really really really good today. Made couple big blocks, was excellent with play actions and fakes and as always is warrior and runs hard.

He is becoming a mere human again, which is a let down, since he was downright godly for awhile.

Houndawg
December 2nd, 2012, 01:01 AM
He is becoming a mere human again, which is a let down, since he was downright godly for awhile.

Average QB on a great team.xcoffeex

MarkyMark
December 2nd, 2012, 02:13 AM

I agree, Brock had a solid game. He executed some great plays for 3 and 4th down conversions. SD defense defended the pass well today.

frozennorth
December 2nd, 2012, 02:42 AM
SDSU had a tremendous team, it's unfortunate that they got the draw they did.

bisonwest
December 2nd, 2012, 05:48 AM
Overall Brock had a good day. He had a couple passes that looked pretty bad, but at least he missed long and didn't put up anything that was gonna get picked. He did what we needed him to do. It would be nice to have a QB that can put it on a line and hit a guy in double coverage, but as long as he hits the high percentage stuff and doesn't throw to many picks we will more than likely win. Our defense affords us that.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2012, 07:27 AM
Average QB on a great team.xcoffeex

He is better than your so called 'average'....

2nd team All-Valley

Oh ya, he has a NC ring.....

Snowgoose
December 2nd, 2012, 07:55 AM
Brock did have a good day, but not in the passing game. He has completely lost it since ISUb as 26 said. He is playing as bad as his freshman year and I was hoping the bye week would shake some of that confidence and he would return to his early season form. Maybe this win will help his confidence cause if he can get back to that early season form look out cause we will win the title.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2012, 07:59 AM
Overall Brock had a good day. He had a couple passes that looked pretty bad, but at least he missed long and didn't put up anything that was gonna get picked. He did what we needed him to do. It would be nice to have a QB that can put it on a line and hit a guy in double coverage, but as long as he hits the high percentage stuff and doesn't throw to many picks we will more than likely win. Our defense affords us that.

This. The two TD passes to Bruhn were perfect and the TD run was great. His delayed dives on the two 4th and 1, along with his part in the trick play TD were very good.

He is a winner, ask Kurt Hess what a good arm gets you.

robsnotes4u
December 2nd, 2012, 11:20 AM
This. The two TD passes to Bruhn were perfect and the TD run was great. His delayed dives on the two 4th and 1, along with his part in the trick play TD were very good.

He is a winner, ask Kurt Hess what a good arm gets you.

Yes all three plays we excellent. I thought Jensen had a great game in comparison to most of the season, and was one of the big differences between last meeting and this one. A lot of credit needs to go to the coaches along with the execution of the players

jacksfan29
December 2nd, 2012, 01:37 PM
Well I guess that counts.

http://www.sxc.hu/pic/m/l/li/liaj/117994_counting_fingers__4.jpg

You don't have much of a life do you?

That being said, there are a lot of great Bison fans out there; congrats to them. Here is hoping either NDSU or ISUR can win it all. Next year will be interesting. Both teams are young.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2012, 01:40 PM
You don't have much of a life do you?

That being said, there are a lot of great Bison fans out there; congrats to them. Here is hoping either NDSU or ISUR can win it all. Next year will be interesting. Both teams are young.

I have a great life. Planning a vacation to Texas in about a month, just like last year.

Gil Dobie
December 2nd, 2012, 02:16 PM
Congrats to SDSU on a great season. :)

Twentysix
December 2nd, 2012, 02:25 PM
SDSU had a very good team, and could have gone far with the right matchups.

darell1976
December 2nd, 2012, 03:25 PM
Does SDSU have a lot of returning players for next season? Good job in 2012 Jacks, and we will see you at the Alerus on Sept. 7th. NDSU, good luck this Saturday against Wofford.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2012, 03:33 PM
Does SDSU have a lot of returning players for next season? Good job in 2012 Jacks, and we will see you at the Alerus on Sept. 7th. NDSU, good luck this Saturday against Wofford.

Looks like SDSU will graduate 4 seniors on offense and 7 on defense.

Muss better get UND's defense in order next year or SDSU will curb stomp UND.

Bison56
December 2nd, 2012, 03:34 PM
I have a great life. Planning a vacation to Texas in about a month, just like last year.

xbopx

darell1976
December 2nd, 2012, 03:37 PM

Them and the rest of the Big Sky. 7 on defense that's a lot to replace.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2012, 03:44 PM
Them and the rest of the Big Sky. 7 on defense that's a lot to replace.

I just looked at UND schedule for next year. Is the Montana game a non-conference game?

Plus UND has 7 home games next year with a bye week on 9/21. Is Faison looking for another game on 9/21? 8 regular season home games would be pretty awesome for any team.

And they have a bye on Nov 23rd.

darell1976
December 2nd, 2012, 03:50 PM
I just looked at UND schedule for next year. Is the Montana game a non-conference game?

Plus UND has 7 home games next year with a bye week on 9/21. Is Faison looking for another game on 9/21? 8 regular season home games would be pretty awesome for any team.

And they have a bye on Nov 23rd.

Yes Montana is the end game of a home and home that started in 2010. I heard Faison isn't looking for a 12th game but someone on the siouxsports.com board said a UM fan heard a rumor of a possible buyout of that game since Montana would have to travel to Grand Forks 3 years in a row. 2012 (conference) 2013 (non-conference) 2014 (conference). If that happens UND will have 10 games and if WCU does buyout the NDSU game both UND and NDSU have Sept 21st off. Possible UND at NDSU game? NDSU would need a home game and UND would still have 6 home games. But a lot could happen between now and then on that one. I just don't want to see any more non DI games on the schedule.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2012, 03:55 PM
Yes Montana is the end game of a home and home that started in 2010. I heard Faison isn't looking for a 12th game but someone on the siouxsports.com board said a UM fan heard a rumor of a possible buyout of that game since Montana would have to travel to Grand Forks 3 years in a row. 2012 (conference) 2013 (non-conference) 2014 (conference). If that happens UND will have 10 games and if WCU does buyout the NDSU game both UND and NDSU have Sept 21st off. Possible UND at NDSU game? NDSU would need a home game and UND would still have 6 home games. But a lot could happen between now and then on that one. I just don't want to see any more non DI games on the schedule.

Personally, I do not think GT is in any hurry to schedule UND in football. I might be wrong though. I don't think Fiason would want to play NDSU next year....that game could get ugly for UND.

darell1976
December 2nd, 2012, 03:59 PM
Personally, I do not think GT is in any hurry to schedule UND in football. I might be wrong though. I don't think Fiason would want to play NDSU next year....that game could get ugly for UND.

I bet UND's new QB next year would love it....Joe Mollberg!

Twentysix
December 2nd, 2012, 04:00 PM
I bet UND's new QB next year would love it....Joe Mollberg!

No one loves a concussion.

darell1976
December 2nd, 2012, 04:02 PM
No one loves a concussion.

True then UND would have to go to their other QB....Freshman Ryan Bartels. I suppose either way you would have a redshirt freshman QB against the #1 defense in NDSU. Well it would sure grow up the QB in a hurry.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2012, 04:19 PM
True then UND would have to go to their other QB....Freshman Ryan Bartels. I suppose either way you would have a redshirt freshman QB against the #1 defense in NDSU. Well it would sure grow up the QB in a hurry.

It will be interesting to see who wins the #1 QB in spring ball this year. Which ever one wins the job, they will have some growing pains next year.

Is Muss going to bring in a QB transfer or Juco QB?

89rabbit
December 2nd, 2012, 04:19 PM
Congrats to the Bison, best of luck with the rest of the playoffs. Rep. the MVFC well.

darell1976
December 2nd, 2012, 04:24 PM
It will be interesting to see who wins the #1 QB in spring ball this year. Which ever one wins the job, they will have some growing pains next year.

Is Muss going to bring in a QB transfer or Juco QB?

I would hope so. Its too bad Braden Hanson was a one and done. He did a lot in under a full season (due to injury). But maybe playing a team with a stellar D like NDSU would not be a smart move until these QB's are at least Juniors.

89rabbit
December 3rd, 2012, 08:48 AM

Close. The offense loses 4 but the defense only loses 5 full time starters (possibly fewer depending on the NCAA).

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20121203/SPORTS0202/312030012/Progress-seen-behind-shadow-playoff-loss?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports

. . . A good chunk of these Jacks have more ball to play — all 58 points against EIU were scored by underclassmen. The offense loses four full-time starters, the defense five. That could drop to three and four pending the eligibility appeals of tight end Seth Daughters and defensive tackle David Hettiger. . . . (read more)

darell1976
December 3rd, 2012, 08:55 AM
Close. The offense loses 4 but the defense only loses 5 full time starters (possibly fewer depending on the NCAA).

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20121203/SPORTS0202/312030012/Progress-seen-behind-shadow-playoff-loss?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports

. . . A good chunk of these Jacks have more ball to play — all 58 points against EIU were scored by underclassmen. The offense loses four full-time starters, the defense five. That could drop to three and four pending the eligibility appeals of tight end Seth Daughters and defensive tackle David Hettiger. . . . (read more)

I liked the 7 better, especially going against our freshmen QB's.

89rabbit
December 3rd, 2012, 09:13 AM
I'm looking forward to traveling to Grand Forks next fall.

MNBISON
December 3rd, 2012, 09:22 AM
I'm looking forward to traveling to Grand Forks next fall.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Now there's something your don't read every day.