PDA

View Full Version : South Dakota State vs North Dakota State

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Neighbor2
November 26th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Resume the Lehigh bashing and this board will take off once again. Go SDSU!

robsnotes4u
November 26th, 2012, 07:08 PM
They do rank them using their own ranking system and that is one of the factors used to determine who the top 12 and bottom 8 are. However, after that those bottom 8 are placed in the bracket based on georgraphy, not those rankings. I agree that in the committee's eyes SDSU is one of the bottom 8 teams, that's pretty much all you can get out of their bracket position. Whether they're #13 or #20 in the rankings the committee uses is speculation but it's not too difficult to place them based on the other teams in the bottom 8. And it was not a factor in them playing the top seed in the round of 16.

Enjoy the game. Thanks. Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jacked_Rabbit
November 26th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Just saw the line on 5dimes...

Bison -7.5

Hope it goes up even higher so I get a better payout when I moneyline the Rabbits!! xlolx

FargoBison
November 26th, 2012, 08:20 PM

Bison -7.5

Hope it goes up even higher so I get a better payout when I moneyline the Rabbits!! xlolx

Don't worry, I have feeling lakes will be crushing that line as soon as he sees it.

robsnotes4u
November 26th, 2012, 08:23 PM

Bison -7.5

What is the line on MSU and also on EWU if you don't mind

68ndsuBISONfan
November 26th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Because the Bison clearly play worse in the playoffs.

Humm. Where do you get that the Bison clearly play worse in the playoffs ? Last I checked we are 5 and 1 in FCS playoffs. And if it would not have been for that absolutely HORRIBLE call in Eastern Washington, that ended that game, we would more than likely have a 7 and 1 record. Do you have stats that back up your claim that we play worse in the playoffs. Because I sure would like to see them.

sgt smash
November 26th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Humm. Where do you get that the Bison clearly play worse in the playoffs ? Last I checked we are 5 and 1 in FCS playoffs. And if it would not have been for that absolutely HORRIBLE call in Eastern Washington, that ended that game, we would more than likely have a 7 and 1 record. Do you have stats that back up your claim that we play worse in the playoffs. Because I sure would like to see them.

I think you missed it.

robsnotes4u
November 26th, 2012, 09:27 PM

Sarcasm?

68ndsuBISONfan
November 26th, 2012, 09:35 PM
You keep saying it doesn't matter when you play someone, but that isn't true at all.

For the sake of the discussion let's say NDSU loses this weekend.(Argument only makes sense for the home team). If they would have played a weaker opponent the way they should have being the number 1 seed, they may have won. This gives them another home game and all of the revenue and goodwill that comes with going one round further in the playoffs.

If it doesn't matter when you play someone, why not just put the #1 and #2 seed against each other in the first round? They are the two most likely teams to meet in Frisco.

Why? Because the regular season matters and teams that are deemed the best are given the easiest path to the championship.

That is the most logical and well defined answer that I have seen on the entire discussion about the NDSU and the SDSU game this weekend. Very well put, and very very true. Thank you.,

THE HERD
November 26th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Use to work with a guy from Hankinson, Scott Holman. Probably in his mid to early 40's. the Pirates have had some good sports teams. I am a class B guy myself, divide county
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What year did you graduate? I graduated from Ray in 89.. ....had some great battles with DC in bball.

robsnotes4u
November 26th, 2012, 09:49 PM
What year did you graduate? I graduated from Ray in 89.. ....had some great battles with DC in bball.

I graduated in 83' I was a transplant , and a wrestler from Montana. Didn't play ball but you would have played against rob stefonowicz. You guys had some tremendous shooters, I think a guy by the name of njos or ness sometime in those years. Two steps half court and he could shoot.

My dad bought the funeral home their in 81. Now they are retired and live on sakakawea at Brendles bay by Parshall.

mmiller_34
November 26th, 2012, 09:52 PM
via Terry Vandrovec's twitter SDSU sold their allotment of NDSU-SDSU tickets in 32 minutes today.

https://twitter.com/TerryVandrovec

THE HERD
November 26th, 2012, 10:01 PM
I graduated in 83' I was a transplant , and a wrestler from Montana. Didn't play ball but you would have played against rob stefonowicz. You guys had some tremendous shooters, I think a guy by the name of njos or ness sometime in those years. Two steps half court and he could shoot.

My dad bought the funeral home their in 81. Now they are retired and live on sakakawea at Brendles bay by Parshall.

Yep I played against Rob...he was a hell of a player! Did you know that Njos played safety for the Bison for a few years? Were you in high school with rusty ekness or was he a few years ahead of you?

robsnotes4u
November 26th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Yep I played against Rob...he was a hell of a player! Did you know that Njos played safety for the Bison for a few years? Were you in high school with rusty ekness or was he a few years ahead of you?

Rusty was a year younger than me. Great guy and our dads were very good friends. He was a sophomore when DCHS won the state championship in BB. Attended his wedding years ago, and one of his groomsmen was Scott Guldseth, another mr. Basketball

Boy there were good athletes in the northwest back then

robsnotes4u
November 26th, 2012, 10:14 PM

And my wife dated Robs older brother Devin before we met

Jacked_Rabbit
November 27th, 2012, 09:20 AM
What is the line on MSU and also on EWU if you don't mind

MSU (-12) vs SB. EWU (-20) vs Wagner.

Civilbison96
November 27th, 2012, 09:27 AM

Parshall native here (graduated in 92), played against Mike Njos and Brad Qvale (spelling?) in FB in 89 and they absolutely piss pounded us. Later worked with Mike on the Four Bears Bridge project.

THE HERD
November 27th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Parshall native here (graduated in 92), played against Mike Njos and Brad Qvale (spelling?) in FB in 89 and they absolutely piss pounded us. Later worked with Mike on the Four Bears Bridge project.

Njos and I are Epping natives, but graduated from Ray....Anyway back to the thread, I think the winner of this game will be in Frisco flat out.

caribbeanhen
November 27th, 2012, 12:01 PM
I walked into the office today and enthusiastically said "who you guys taking next week in the big Bison of Fargo vs the Jacked Rabbits of South Dakota State game" - followed by the sound of crickets, coqui's, cold stares, and behind the back whispers - not even so called football fans care about this game or even know it's being played despite my best efforts to create interest in FCS level football.....

Vitojr130
November 27th, 2012, 12:17 PM
I walked into the office today and enthusiastically said "who you guys taking next week in the big Bison of Fargo vs the Jacked Rabbits of South Dakota State game" - followed by the sound of crickets, coqui's, cold stares, and behind the back whispers - not even so called football fans care about this game or even know it's being played despite my best efforts to create interest in FCS level football.....

Nah they weren't confused with the FCS football, they just didn't realize North and South Dakota are seperate entities and were fearful that a new civil war may have broke out. xlolx

Haha but in all reality FCS doesn't get nearly enough attention like it used to up until 2000...

robsnotes4u
November 27th, 2012, 12:21 PM
MSU (-12) vs SB. EWU (-20) vs Wagner.

Thank you

robsnotes4u
November 27th, 2012, 12:23 PM

Cool, was Pete Stewart's caddy in the sand green state championship when we Seniors. Pete chunked it in a pond on a par 3 to lose. Parshall has had some good football and BB teams

robsnotes4u
November 27th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Njos and I are Epping natives, but graduated from Ray....Anyway back to the thread, I think the winner of this game will be in Frisco flat out.

My best friend from high school, uncle coached the famed epping team. His mom is an overbo. Good family friends

NoDak 4 Ever
November 27th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Nah they weren't confused with the FCS football, they just didn't realize North and South Dakota are seperate entities and were fearful that a new civil war may have broke out. xlolx

Haha but in all reality FCS doesn't get nearly enough attention like it used to up until 2000...

Yeah, I always have to try to work Youngstown into the conversation when I talk NDSU or FCS football around here.

89rabbit
November 27th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Interesting pre-game story from the Fargo paper:

http://mobile.inforum.com/page/article/id/381501/

FARGO – As the old adage goes, it’s hard to beat the same team twice in one season. And never is that more true than in the Division I Football Championship Subdivision playoffs.

When North Dakota State hosts South Dakota State Saturday in the FCS second round at Gate City Bank Field at the Fargodome, the Bison will be trying to buck a trend. Of the last 13 intra-conference postseason matchups since 2001, the team that lost the first game won the rematch eight times.

Which is about what Dave Coulson of College Sports Journal would have guessed based on his experience in covering the division. He estimates the loser of the regular-season game wins in the playoff about 75 percent of the time.

“It’s really kind of remarkable,” Coulson said. “You would think it would be more like 50-50, something like that. … It’s just not something that is a last-few-years-kind-of-trend but something that has been pretty much going since they started the FCS playoffs.” . . . (read more)

NoDak 4 Ever
November 27th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Interesting pre-game story from the Fargo paper:

http://mobile.inforum.com/page/article/id/381501/

FARGO – As the old adage goes, it’s hard to beat the same team twice in one season. And never is that more true than in the Division I Football Championship Subdivision playoffs.

When North Dakota State hosts South Dakota State Saturday in the FCS second round at Gate City Bank Field at the Fargodome, the Bison will be trying to buck a trend. Of the last 13 intra-conference postseason matchups since 2001, the team that lost the first game won the rematch eight times.

Which is about what Dave Coulson of College Sports Journal would have guessed based on his experience in covering the division. He estimates the loser of the regular-season game wins in the playoff about 75 percent of the time.

“It’s really kind of remarkable,” Coulson said. “You would think it would be more like 50-50, something like that. … It’s just not something that is a last-few-years-kind-of-trend but something that has been pretty much going since they started the FCS playoffs.” . . . (read more)

Kolpack also included in the video blog that the home team has won 7 of the last 8 of those matchups, the lone loss being Georgia Southern @ Wofford when the Eagles brought a ton of fans.

BisonBacker
November 27th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Like I said before I take NDSU in this one again. Why? Because and this shows why NDSU is the champion SDSU will have to play a perfect game to win this while NDSU doesn't and still can win it. Look at the last game. I give credit for a beautiful TD pass by SDSU to score the first td they had but it had to be perfect. Against NDSU's Defense that pass is a rarity. Then Smiths fumble and resulting score right before the half by SDSU of a field goal. I don't think SDSU will be as successful this time around. As has been pointed out the last td they scored was in garbage time. Still a nice drive but against the prevent I'm not as impressed. We also have several players back closer if not at 100% that we didn't have in the last game. Yeah it will be a head knocker but NDSU is the better team.

jackrabbit1979
November 27th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Like I said before I take NDSU in this one again. Why? Because and this shows why NDSU is the champion SDSU will have to play a perfect game to win this while NDSU doesn't and still can win it. Look at the last game. I give credit for a beautiful TD pass by SDSU to score the first td they had but it had to be perfect. Against NDSU's Defense that pass is a rarity. Then Smiths fumble and resulting score right before the half by SDSU of a field goal. I don't think SDSU will be as successful this time around. As has been pointed out the last td they scored was in garbage time. Still a nice drive but against the prevent I'm not as impressed. We also have several players back closer if not at 100% that we didn't have in the last game. Yeah it will be a head knocker but NDSU is the better team.

While I agree with you that Bison are the favorites, how can you type that with a straight face? You belittle both of SDSU's touchdowns/scores by showing that they were due to Bison mistakes or garbage time, but yet the only two TD's that the Bison scored in the game were the exact same: The first TD was a direct result of an SDSU fumble deep in SDSU territory and the second TD was the result of not one, but two, drive prolonging penalties on 3rd or 4th down by the Jackrabbits. Both teams have great defenses and both offenses struggled in the first match up. It's just not accurate to say that the SDSU scores were any less "legitimate" then those of the Bison.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 27th, 2012, 02:08 PM
While I agree with you that Bison are the favorites, how can you type that with a straight face? You belittle both of SDSU's touchdowns/scores by showing that they were due to Bison mistakes or garbage time, but yet the only two TD's that the Bison scored in the game were the exact same: The first TD was a direct result of an SDSU fumble deep in SDSU territory and the second TD was the result of not one, but two, drive prolonging penalties on 3rd or 4th down by the Jackrabbits. Both teams have great defenses and both offenses struggled in the first match up. It's just not accurate to say that the SDSU scores were any less "legitimate" then those of the Bison.

Time leading the game

NDSU 39:42
SDSU 0

That is why I describe it as being handled.

wow
November 27th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Last time against NDSU, Zenner had 14 carries for 43 yards. NDSU fans are proud of the 43 yards, but they don't mention the 14 carries.

As someone who has watched Zenner all season long (home and away), limiting his carries (opportunities) is probably as important as what happens after the ball is snapped. IMO, sooner or later, he is going to bust one if he has enough opportunities. Again, credit goes to NDSU for effectively keeping the ball out of Zenner's hands. He isn't shifty, but he is very fast and can outrun tacklers with an angle on him. If he gets into open territory, he can outrun NDSU defenders too.

ISU-Blue is no NDSU, but they have a decent run defense. In that game, he had 58 yards after his first 13 carries. Not as good as NDSU, but not too bad either. At that pace, they would hold him under 100 on 20 carries. After his next run he had 115 yards.

ISU-b held Zenner to 2 yards or less 13 times (about 45% of his carries).

NDSU fans seem confident NDSU's defense will shut down Zenner again. Maybe they will. However, most NDSU fans have only seen Zenner carry the ball 14 times this year. He is fast, he can outrun tacklers with an angle on him. As good as NDSU's defense is, I wouldn't be surprised if they shut down Zenner again. But I also wouldn't be surprised if he wound up with 150 yards either.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 27th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Last time against NDSU, Zenner had 14 carries for 43 yards. NDSU fans are proud of the 43 yards, but they don't mention the 14 carries.

As someone who has watched Zenner all season long (home and away), limiting his carries (opportunities) is probably as important as what happens after the ball is snapped. IMO, sooner or later, he is going to bust one if he has enough opportunities. Again, credit goes to NDSU for effectively keeping the ball out of Zenner's hands. He isn't shifty, but he is very fast and can outrun tacklers with an angle on him. If he gets into open territory, he can outrun NDSU defenders too.

ISU-Blue is no NDSU, but they have a decent run defense. In that game, he had 58 yards after his first 13 carries. Not as good as NDSU, but not too bad either. At that pace, they would hold him under 100 on 20 carries. After his next run he had 115 yards.

NDSU fans seem confident NDSU's defense will shut down Zenner again. Maybe they will. However, most NDSU fans have only seen Zenner carry the ball 14 times this year. He is fast, he can outrun tacklers with an angle on him. As good as NDSU's defense is, I wouldn't be surprised if they shut down Zenner again. But I also wouldn't be surprised if he wound up with 150 yards either.

Add Zenner to the pile.

Shakir Bell
Dominique Swope
Tim Flanders

Nobody runs on this defense.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 27th, 2012, 02:19 PM

Great points! I'm willing to bet my left nut that Zenner has both more than 14 carries and more than 43 yards... Any takers? If so, this could make for a really interesting AGS Radio show segment... Great way to get some national exposure (no pun intended) - by having a caller get a testicle removed on air for losing a bet.

I bet Lakes or Mpls (God rest their souls) would take me up on this!!

BisonBacker
November 27th, 2012, 02:21 PM

Wrong, I didn't belittle quite the contrary. I said it was a perfect pass on the first one. The last td was a garbage time td. The field goal right before the half was the direct result of a turnover. Kudo's to SDSU for turning it into points. But I can and will type it with a straight face. NDSU is hands down the better team.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 27th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Add Zenner to the pile.

Shakir Bell
Dominique Swope
Tim Flanders

But those guys aren't Zach Zenner!!! xlolx

Kidding... Those are all great backs. And NDSU does have a great Defense. Regardless, I've never felt more confident going into a game against the Bison (home or away) than I do about this one. I have no idea why. And, if we lose by 40, I'll be the first to say Congrats to the Bison and cheer for an all MVFC Championship game.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 27th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Wrong, I didn't belittle quite the contrary. I said it was a perfect pass on the first one. The last td was a garbage time td. The field goal right before the half was the direct result of a turnover. Kudo's to SDSU for turning it into points. But I can and will type it with a straight face. NDSU is hands down the better team.

This.

Everybody picking the upset it doing it on hope. The only thing anybody says is "well, if a few more things would have gone another way". That's not a winning plan.

BISON Thunder
November 27th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Great points! I'm willing to bet my left nut that Zenner has both more than 14 carries and more than 43 yards... Any takers? If so, this could make for a really interesting AGS Radio show segment... Great way to get some national exposure (no pun intended) - by having a caller get a testicle removed on air for losing a bet.

I bet Lakes or Mpls (God rest their souls) would take me up on this!!

So you and Wow are busting nuts on this thread?

NoDak 4 Ever
November 27th, 2012, 02:26 PM
But those guys aren't Zach Zenner!!! xlolx

Kidding... Those are all great backs. And NDSU does have a great Defense. Regardless, I've never felt more confident going into a game against the Bison (home or away) than I do about this one. I have no idea why. And, if we lose by 40, I'll be the first to say Congrats to the Bison and cheer for an all MVFC Championship game.

The least you can do is say "ButtEasternIllinois".

Jacked_Rabbit
November 27th, 2012, 02:35 PM

In the past handful of years, SDSU has some big victories over NDSU (in Fargo & also when NDSU was undefeated and ranked #1), yet we are given no respect by most of the Bison fans. I wouldn't expect anything less, but there would be no better feeling than pulling off this upset. (I honestly can't think of one)

SDSU has nothing to lose and just finished playing their most complete football game of the season. I hope we are peaking at the right time. The Jacks know they played below average a few weeks ago in Fargo and only lost the game by 3, so I can assure you that this team is licking their chops to take another crack at the defending champs. Why wouldn't you be excited to go back and get another shot at the upset?

I can't wait for this rematch!

NoDak 4 Ever
November 27th, 2012, 02:36 PM
In the past handful of years, SDSU has some big victories over NDSU (in Fargo & also when NDSU was undefeated and ranked #1), yet we are given no respect by most of the Bison fans. I wouldn't expect anything less, but there would be no better feeling than pulling off this upset. (I honestly can't think of one)

SDSU has nothing to lose and just finished playing their most complete football game of the season. I hope we are peaking at the right time. The Jacks know they played below average a few weeks ago in Fargo and only lost the game by 3, so I can assure you that this team is licking their chops to take another crack at the defending champs. Why wouldn't you be excited to go back and get another shot at the upset?

How is, with all the odds in our favor, expecting the Bison to win disrespect? Should we just acquiesce and say "gee, I hope we can beat SDSU because it's so unlikely"

Jacked_Rabbit
November 27th, 2012, 02:44 PM
How is, with all the odds in our favor, expecting the Bison to win disrespect? Should we just acquiesce and say "gee, I hope we can beat SDSU because it's so unlikely"

Expecting your own team to win obviously isn't the disrespectful thing. Discounting the results of the previous contest, trying to rationalize plays in the game to make it appear as if it should've been a complete blow-out, and then predicting a dismantling because we don't belong on the field with you (after we just lost by 3 only a couple weeks ago) is disrespectful.

Nobody in their right mind can say "with a straight face" that SDSU doesn't belong on the field with NDSU and that we have no chance to win the game. That is absurd...

Could the Bison win this game by 30? Sure! But could the Jacks also win by a couple of scores, you better believe it, whether you'd like to or not.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 27th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Expecting your own team to win obviously disrespectful thing. Discounting the results of the previous contest, trying to rationalize plays in the game to make it appear as if it should've been a complete blow-out, and then predicting a dismantling because we don't belong on the field with you (after we just lost by 3 only a couple weeks ago) is disrespectful.

Nobody in their right mind can say "with a straight face" that SDSU doesn't belong on the field with NDSU and that we have no chance to win the game. That is absurd...

Could the Bison win this game by 30? Sure! But could the Jacks also win by a couple of scores, you better believe it, whether you'd like to or not.

The last time the Bison lost by "a couple of scores" was October 16, 2010. Did you see my earlier post about time either team lead in the earlier game? It wasn't a blowout but it was a good handling.

wow
November 27th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Add Zenner to the pile.

Shakir Bell
Dominique Swope
Tim Flanders

Like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if they hold him in check. ISU-b (a decent run defense) kept Zenner in check 27 out of 29 times for a 3.4 ypc average. Go read their message board and there is a poster sometime before his 14th carry saying Zenner is no big deal.

I have seen the Bison defense in action several times this year. They are the best in the nation.

How many times have you watched Zenner?

LeeshaJo
November 27th, 2012, 02:55 PM
The last time the Bison lost by "a couple of scores" was October 16, 2010. Did you see my earlier post about time either team lead in the earlier game? It wasn't a blowout but it was a good handling.

I will say this... the Bison have a history they can brag and bet on. I get the feeling the Jacks are looking forward to the win and building our own.

I am excited for this game. Win or lose I am proud of the season the Jacks have had, But I think SDSU wins this one.

Bison06
November 27th, 2012, 03:05 PM

We have been hearing that same mantra coming from teams for years. "Our guys didn't play their best, we didn't bring our A game etc" Blah, blah.

Ever think NDSU forces teams to not play their best?

This game doesn't concern me for a second, Bison by 17.

Bison06
November 27th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if they hold him in check. ISU-b (a decent run defense) kept Zenner in check 27 out of 29 times for a 3.4 ypc average. Go read their message board and there is a poster sometime before his 14th carry saying Zenner is no big deal.

I have seen the Bison defense in action several times this year. They are the best in the nation.

How many times have you watched Zenner?

I have seen Zenner play twice. I am not saying he can't have a big game against the Bison, but his running style is not the type of style that usually beats our defense. He isn't going to juke anyone in the open field, he is a make you pay for trying to be stupid enough to arm tackle me and then I'll out run you kind of back. We usually don't have trouble with backs like that because of how disciplined our guys are with tackling and swarming.

A guy like Bell or Flanders, however, scares me a bit more because they can make that guy miss in the open field and juke a heck of a lot more.

wow
November 27th, 2012, 03:10 PM
We have been hearing that same mantra coming from teams for years. "Our guys didn't play their best, we didn't bring our A game etc" Blah, blah.

Ever think NDSU forces teams to not play their best?

This game doesn't concern me for a second, Bison by 17.

Were you concerned with YSU last year? What about ISU-b this year? Those games were against easier opponents on your home turf, yet somehow the Bison lost.

Or are you one of those Bizun fans who is never concerned before the game that calls for coaches heads after a loss?

How many teams in the playoffs would you rather be facing this weekend than SDSU?

Professor Chaos
November 27th, 2012, 03:11 PM

How is it that SDSU played below average a few weeks ago? You forced more turnovers than you gave up. Your D-line wreaked havoc on the NDSU O-line in pass protection. You limited NDSU's offense to 251 yards which is 50 yards under your defensive season average and 135 yards under NDSU's offensive season average. The TD pass from Sumner to Hubert was an incredible catch and maybe an even a better throw. Penalties hurt you and offensive efficiency hurt you but don't pretend that didn't have a lot to do with the competition on the other side of the ball.

I dislike the common excuse cliches like "we played poorly that game" or "we haven't put a complete game together". When you play good competition you're never going to put together 60 minutes of mistake free football. Similarly, when you play good teams you're going to lose some individual battles you're accustomed to winning against lesser competition.

The keys to this game are who runs the ball more effectively and the turnover margin. There are going to "below average" plays on both sides because the competition is that good but, to use another cliche, you don't need to win all the battles to win the war. SDSU won some battles the last matchup as did NDSU. I'd expect the same on Saturday but I think NDSU will win more battles than SDSU.

Bison06
November 27th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Were you concerned with YSU last year? What about ISU-b this year? Those games were against easier opponents on your home turf, yet somehow the Bison lost.

Or are you one of those Bizun fans who is never concerned before the game that calls for coaches heads after a loss?

How many teams in the playoffs would you rather be facing this weekend than SDSU?

Serious Question: If you were an NDSU fan would you ever EXPECT not to win?

There are matchups that concern me and others that don't as much. I would rather face a lot of other teams than SDSU this weekend, but it has nothing to do with me not thinking we will win. More like I would have liked to see how good SDSU was against other teams and maybe meet up with you in Frisco if you are deemed worthy.

Vitojr130
November 27th, 2012, 03:34 PM

None because you have to beat the best to be the best. I have full faith we will handle SDSU and win by 10+.

THE HERD
November 27th, 2012, 03:34 PM
My best friend from high school, uncle coached the famed epping team. His mom is an overbo. Good family friends

His name was Larry Overbo.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 27th, 2012, 03:39 PM

From the looks of it, Eastern Illinois seems like it would be nice.

BisonBacker
November 27th, 2012, 03:46 PM

The Difference between the Jacks and the Bison is we have been playing below average for a good part of the second half of this season and yet we find a way to win unlike the bunnies. I will be the first to tell you that you have a good team. But compared to NDSU like I said you still have a ways to go. Could SDSU upset NDSU in Fargo? Sure but I wouldn't bet money on it. I like our chances and to put it another way. If both teams played at the top of their game I'd take the Bison by double digits.

wow
November 27th, 2012, 03:51 PM
I have seen Zenner play twice. I am not saying he can't have a big game against the Bison, but his running style is not the type of style that usually beats our defense. He isn't going to juke anyone in the open field, he is a make you pay for trying to be stupid enough to arm tackle me and then I'll out run you kind of back. We usually don't have trouble with backs like that because of how disciplined our guys are with tackling and swarming.

A guy like Bell or Flanders, however, scares me a bit more because they can make that guy miss in the open field and juke a heck of a lot more.

Fair enough.

I would agree that his running style isn't the kind that hurts most defenses (much less the Bison).

Kansas - Take away 1 run and they held him to 87 yards on 22 carries (3.9 ypc).
SELA - Take away 3 runs and they held him to 163 yards on 31 carries (5.2 ypc).
UC Davis - Take away 2 runs and they held him to 105 on 19 carries (5.5 ypc).
ISU-b - Take away 2 runs and they held him to 93 yards on 27 carries (3.4 ypc).
Mo St - Take away 1 run and they held him to 94 yards on 29 carries (3.2 ypc).
WIU - Take away 2 runs and they held him to 65 yards on 17 carries (3.8 ypc).
EIU - Take away 3 runs and they held him to 153 yards on 30 carries (5.1 ypc).

Except for 14 runs in these games (his best games), he looks like a very average running back. These teams had 14 lapses where they tried to arm tackle or stunted wrong or whatever, and he racked up almost 800 yards (56 ypc). He isn't going to juke anyone in the open field, he will just run by them when the opportunity presents itself.

Many Bison fans seem to have a great deal of respect for Bell over Zenner because he had more yards against your D. This is not very accurate, IMO, as Bell had 12 more carries and the benefit of playing with a lead.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 27th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Fair enough.

I would agree that his running style isn't the kind that hurts most defenses (much less the Bison).

Except for 14 runs in these games (his best games), he looks like a very average running back. These teams had 14 lapses where they tried to arm tackle or stunted wrong or whatever, and he racked up almost 800 yards (56 ypc). He isn't going to juke anyone in the open field, he will just run by them when the opportunity presents itself.

Many Bison fans seem to have a great deal of respect for Bell over Zenner because he had more yards against your D. This is not very accurate, IMO, as Bell had 12 more carries and the benefit of playing with a lead.

That's just like saying give him a couple more hypothetical runs and instead of 43 yards, he gets 250. The whole time going up to the game last time we heard about Zenner and how this and that and it didn't happen. Last year we heard about Swope and Alabama and nothing.

Bison06
November 27th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Fair enough.

I don't think Bell is a better running back because of his stat line. I have seen him play against the best defense in the nation and he has made our D look a bit silly on more than one occasion.

Edit:Please don't take this as a slight on Mr. Zenner. He is an amazing running back in his own right and I would have loved to see him in Green and Gold.

Professor Chaos
November 27th, 2012, 04:04 PM
I don't think Bell is a better running back because of his stat line. I have seen him play against the best defense in the nation and he has made our D look a bit silly on more than one occasion.
Yup, there was more "****in' tackle him!" comments come out of the Bison crowd when playing against Bell than any other back I've seen since Taiwan Jones in 2010.

deez_na
November 27th, 2012, 04:07 PM
I keep seeing we didn't play our best against them. Is it a coincidence that almost every opponent NDSU has faced this season has had their season low for yards? Guess NDSU has faced their entire schedule with that team playing their worst ball, NDSU could be like 2-9 right now, whew we lucked out.

BisonBacker
November 27th, 2012, 04:15 PM
I keep seeing we didn't play our best against them. Is it a coincidence that almost every opponent NDSU has faced this season has had their season low for yards? Guess NDSU has faced their entire schedule with that team playing their worst ball, NDSU could be like 2-9 right now, whew we lucked out.

Reppie points for this post. Well said.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 27th, 2012, 04:21 PM

Good post.

Bison win this game by 2 TDs....or more.

wow
November 27th, 2012, 04:22 PM

Edit:Please don't take this as a slight on Mr. Zenner. He is an amazing running back in his own right and I would have loved to see him in Green and Gold.

I gotcha. No offense taken. I agree, Zenner isn't going to pull some Barry Sanders stuff. He didn't break one against the Bison (to their credit), but he only carried 14 times. My guess is that if he carried 26 times like Bell did the Bison faithful might have a little more appreciation for what Zenner can do. Then again, maybe they are even more effective against him then.

wow
November 27th, 2012, 04:31 PM
That's just like saying give him a couple more hypothetical runs and instead of 43 yards, he gets 250. The whole time going up to the game last time we heard about Zenner and how this and that and it didn't happen. Last year we heard about Swope and Alabama and nothing.

I'm saying when he has opportunities, he typically gets his yards.

The whole time going up to the last game we heard about the Bison defense and how this and that, yet it took us less than 2 minutes to score a TD on them in the fourth quarter. See how Bison reasoning works in reverse?

deez_na
November 27th, 2012, 04:39 PM

The whole time going up to the last game we heard about the Bison defense and how this and that, yet it took us less than 2 minutes to score a TD on them in the fourth quarter. See how Bison reasoning works in reverse?

So you don't think that TD might have been somewhat of a garbage TD since bison were up 10 and playing a little less aggressive? If that game is with in a TD score, that TD likely doesn't happen.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 27th, 2012, 04:40 PM

You fail to realize that the Bison were playing a prevent during that drive. Up until that drive the Jacks had only 120 total yards thru the whole game.

We'll see how Zenner does on saturday.

deez_na
November 27th, 2012, 04:41 PM
You fail to realize that the Bison were playing a prevent during that drive. Up until that drive the Jacks had only 120 total yards thru the whole game.

We'll see how Zenner does on saturday.

People fail to realize this

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 27th, 2012, 04:43 PM
People fail to realize this

Personally, I hate a prevent defense....lose with it almost every time. Stick to basic defense with pressure and the Bison will be fine.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 27th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Fair enough.

This is the worst logic I've ever seen in my life...

Take away any RB's longest 15 runs and their stats are going to look significantly worse!! It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. Heck, even after you remove those carries, he still averages over 4 yards per carry. That is incredible! He made the runs, they count, end of story. Dumb logic.

He will get more than 14 carries (unless he gets hurt) and he will rush for more than 43 yards. That's all there is to it.

Appattk
November 27th, 2012, 04:51 PM
I think it's a travesty these two teams have to play... No team should have to play a conference rival/team in their first game of the playoffs... Part of the fun of all of this is to see DIFFERENT opponents.... UGH... NDSU AND SDSU got hosed with this...

wow
November 27th, 2012, 04:54 PM
This is the worst logic I've ever seen in my life...

Take away any RB's longest 15 runs and their stats are going to look significantly worse!! It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. Heck, even after you remove those carries, he still averages over 4 yards per carry. That is incredible! He made the runs, they count, end of story. Dumb logic.

He will get more than 14 carries (unless he gets hurt) and he will rush for more than 43 yards. That's all there is to it.

Please see my previous post. My point was that when he gets carries, he gets yards. He got 14 carries against NDSU, not really surprising he only had 43 yards.

Bison06
November 27th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Please see my previous post. My point was that when he gets carries, he gets yards. He got 14 carries against NDSU, not really surprising he only had 43 yards.

Remind me why he only got 14 carries? Was he banged up?

Houndawg
November 27th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Fair enough.

SIU - Take away one run and they held him to 30 yards on 16 carries. (2.1 ypc) instead of 17 carries for 49 yards. (2.8 ypc).xcoffeex

robsnotes4u
November 27th, 2012, 05:53 PM
His name was Larry Overbo.

Yes, I know him and his brothers. Larry is divorced now but I think he still lives in new town. His kids were great golfers.

jackrabbit1979
November 27th, 2012, 06:17 PM

I'll concede that I had an error...two of SDSU's three scores you belittled. Could one not say the same about both Bison TD's? Direct result of either a TO by the Jacks deep in their own territory and two bonehead drive-extending penalties (one legitimate, one questionable) that the Bison played no part in forcing. So using your logic, let's concede that the Jacks only scored 7 legitimate points, and the Bison only scored 6. Your logic, not mine. :)

Now before you go all crazy, I'm not saying that any of the above is actually logical. But using the thinking of your original post, it's impossible to say that the Jacks scores were not as "legitimate" as either of the Bison's. Either way, I feel dumber for having this conversation.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 27th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Remind me why he only got 14 carries? Was he banged up?

Bad gameplan... (sorry, I'm not taking the bait)

I can't wait for Zenner to snap off a looooong run early in this game. I can picture the Bison faithful sweating already.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 27th, 2012, 07:10 PM
I'll concede that I had an error...two of SDSU's three scores you belittled. Could one not say the same about both Bison TD's? Direct result of either a TO by the Jacks deep in their own territory and two bonehead drive-extending penalties (one legitimate, one questionable) that the Bison played no part in forcing. So using your logic, let's concede that the Jacks only scored 7 legitimate points, and the Bison only scored 6. Your logic, not mine. :)

Now before you go all crazy, I'm not saying that any of the above is actually logical. But using the thinking of your original post, it's impossible to say that the Jacks scores were not as "legitimate" as either of the Bison's. Either way, I feel dumber for having this conversation.

Finally, it is settled, the Jacks actually won the first meeting 7-6. I feel so much better now!! Big win, big win.

Wait, does that mean that we are now screwed because it's so difficult to beat the same team twice in the same season?! Dang... That just came back to bite us.

344Johnson
November 27th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Bad gameplan... (sorry, I'm not taking the bait)

I can't wait for Zenner to snap off a looooong run early in this game. I can picture the Bison faithful sweating already.

September 2013 is quite the long wait buddy. Last RB to light the Herd up was Taiwan Jones. Zenner is not Taiwan Jones. Taiwan Jones would not be Taiwan Jones against this Bison defense.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 27th, 2012, 07:37 PM
If NDSU were to lose this game, would it be the biggest loss in program history?

Defending National Champs at the FCS level, ranked #1, at home, against conference rival... I can't imagine there have been any that would be a bigger than this.

344Johnson
November 27th, 2012, 08:07 PM
If NDSU were to lose this game, would it be the biggest loss in program history?

Defending National Champs at the FCS level, ranked #1, at home, against conference rival... I can't imagine there have been any that would be a bigger than this.

The game that ended the 12-game streak to UND was pretty big. As far as D-I losses, yep. If SDSU loses, is it the bigest lost in program history considering they have never been here before?

Jacked_Rabbit
November 27th, 2012, 08:16 PM
The game that ended the 12-game streak to UND was pretty big. As far as D-I losses, yep. If SDSU loses, is it the bigest lost in program history considering they have never been here before?

No, the Montana playoff collapse takes the cake there, only because we were up by 30-some points (or almost that many - can't remember - blocked it out) and choked.

What about the SDSU win over NDSU when the Bison were undefeated and ranked #1 in the Nation back in 2007? That has to rank right up there.

Twentysix
November 27th, 2012, 08:20 PM
No, the Montana playoff collapse takes the cake there, only because we were up by 30-some points (or almost that many - can't remember - blocked it out) and choked.

What about the SDSU win over NDSU when the Bison were undefeated and ranked #1 in the Nation back in 2007? That has to rank right up there.

What about 50% of SDSU's games played? Cause they are losses. xlolx

344Johnson
November 27th, 2012, 08:24 PM

Maybe to some people, but it is not like playoffs were on the line anyway. Though it would have been cool to finish #1 and taint Appy's title.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 27th, 2012, 08:26 PM
What about 50% of SDSU's games played? Cause they are losses. xlolxWow, that was quite the knee-slapper... xcoffeexIn all seriousness, an NDSU loss in this game would sure send some people (Lakes, I'm sure) off the edge... Can't even begin to imagine the fallout over on Bisonville.

68ndsuBISONfan
November 27th, 2012, 08:27 PM
I think you missed it.

Oh wait. You are so right THERE IT GOES. Wait. Come back, come back.

68ndsuBISONfan
November 27th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Sarcasm?

Lol. Wow. Im sorry about that. I did miss the bus on that one. Whew. Do I feel stupid now. Opps on that one. Got it.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 27th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Wow, that was quite the knee-slapper... xcoffeexIn all seriousness, an NDSU loss in this game would sure send some people (Lakes, I'm sure) off the edge... Can't even begin to imagine the fallout over on Bisonville.

Mostly because it is quite unlikely.

Bisonoline
November 28th, 2012, 12:29 AM

If it was the N/C and we were playing UND then yes. But 1st game of the playoffs for the Bison and against the jacks. Biggest loss. Naw I dont think so.

Twentysix
November 28th, 2012, 12:34 AM
Wow, that was quite the knee-slapper... xcoffeexIn all seriousness, an NDSU loss in this game would sure send some people (Lakes, I'm sure) off the edge... Can't even begin to imagine the fallout over on Bisonville.

Oh come on you were adding so many qualifiers to try and get NDSU to relate to your pov. You deserved some 2nd grade smack. The same thing is on the line for both teams, the difference is NDSU has done it before. SDSU will stay a virgin for atleast one more year.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 28th, 2012, 05:38 AM
Oh come on you were adding so many qualifiers to try and get NDSU to relate to your pov. You deserved some 2nd grade smack. The same thing is on the line for both teams, the difference is NDSU has done it before. SDSU will stay a virgin for atleast one more year.

This is kind of it. SDSU has never won a national championship. They had never won a playoff game before they got the OVC cream puff. They had only ever rarely gotten to the playoffs. When they say that SDSU has nothing to lost, that's BS. They are dying for some playoff success.

NDSU has won 9 national championsips. We as Bison fans have all had the experience of having our team win the NC in our lifetime. I had a blast last year, the trip was great. If it doesn't happen this year, I have lots of memories and the knowledge that my team will always be in the mix. I will join my friends at Montana, App State, and Georgia Southern knowing that there is always a chance to win ANOTHER one.

This year, we have the #1 team in the country. There is NO REASON to believe that they won't make it to the final. They have proven themselves time and time again that they are winners.

deez_na
November 28th, 2012, 07:25 AM
SDSU is a solid team, i'm not saying they aren't but the first game was 20-10 before a garbage TD. They had what like 120 yards before the final score that really didn't matter. I just don't see how all you SDSU fans feel you are going to come in and get a victory especially with some of the scores I've seen on here. 20's ? It's possible but unlikely as NDSU is the much better football team. Looking forward to the game.

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2012, 07:31 AM
North Dakota is ruined, the secret is out, one of the best run states in the country, jobs, booming oil industry, and now every Johnnie come lately will on the way north

robsnotes4u
November 28th, 2012, 07:41 AM
North Dakota is ruined, the secret is out, one of the best run states in the country, jobs, booming oil industry, and now every Johnnie come lately will on the way north

That's ok, one winter up here and they run away with their tales between their legs, especially in western ND. Nothing like 30 below zero with a 20 mile an hour wind to clear out the bad. Only problem is there car will not start.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 28th, 2012, 07:41 AM

That's all west. Nobody in the Red River Valley cares about Western North Dakota anyway.

89rabbit
November 28th, 2012, 07:42 AM
More pre-game stories, this time from the Sioux Falls Argus Leader:

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20121128/SPORTS0202/311280036/Jacks-eye-future-leap-faith?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports

Jacks eye future with leap of faith
Finding success in Division I fuels program

Written by
Terry Vandrovec

The South Dakota State football program is by no means where it wants to be – nobody aspires to peak in the second round of the posteason. But it’s certainly better off than it had been.

The Jackrabbits have more playoff appearances (2) and victories (1) in five years as full-fledged members of the Football Championship Subdivision than they did in 31 years of being eligible for the NCAA Division II playoffs.

Their overall winning percentage since moving to D-I in 2004 (.588) is also up compared to all-time history (.549) and they’ve won more games in the vaunted Missouri Valley Football Conference over the last five years (27) than all but one league foe, perennial national power Northern Iowa. . . . (read more)

deez_na
November 28th, 2012, 08:01 AM
That's ok, one winter up here and they run away with their tales between their legs, especially in western ND. Nothing like 30 below zero with a 20 mile an hour wind to clear out the bad. Only problem is there car will not start.

It tends to be actually colder and more wind in the eastern part of north dakota. It's as flat and windy as can be on the east side.

TheRevSFA
November 28th, 2012, 08:05 AM
I am looking forward to this game.

Should be great

NoDak 4 Ever
November 28th, 2012, 08:24 AM
I'd like to offer a bit that I've been thinking about lately. Before I do, I'd like to qualify my statement. I for some reason tend to attract a lot of **** so I should say that I'm not making the comparison you think I'm making and I'm not "being cocky". Let me explain:

We have seen several FCS/FBS matchups that are competitive until the 4th quarter. This is because of the depth of the FBS team taking over and wearing the other team out. You'll often hear "we hung with 'em till the end" being some battle cry of the FCS team, well that is essentially the difference between the two.

As it stands, this Bison team does much the same thing. They tend to win games in the 4th quarter because they are just deeper and better at most positions than the other team. The offensive line just wears the defense out and vice versa. You may see a lot of close games or games where the Bison are down and come back. This is, to a lesser extent, a similar situation.

Now I'm not saying the Bison are a FBS team or head and shoulders above the rest, but it is an apt comparision.

That being said. The earlier tilt that NDSU/SDSU had, I will say again, had the Bison leading for almost 40 minutes and SDSU only managing to tie for the remaining 20 minutes or so. At no time during that game did SDSU lead.

darell1976
November 28th, 2012, 08:29 AM

xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
November 28th, 2012, 08:41 AM

Trying to explain the concept of a block heater to someone not familiar is very hard. "Why do you have to plug your car in?"

wow
November 28th, 2012, 08:45 AM
I'd like to offer a bit that I've been thinking about lately. Before I do, I'd like to qualify my statement. I for some reason tend to attract a lot of **** so I should say that I'm not making the comparison you think I'm making and I'm not "being cocky". Let me explain:

We have seen several FCS/FBS matchups that are competitive until the 4th quarter. This is because of the depth of the FBS team taking over and wearing the other team out. You'll often hear "we hung with 'em till the end" being some battle cry of the FCS team, well that is essentially the difference between the two.

As it stands, this Bison team does much the same thing. They tend to win games in the 4th quarter because they are just deeper and better at most positions than the other team. The offensive line just wears the defense out and vice versa. You may see a lot of close games or games where the Bison are down and come back. This is, to a lesser extent, a similar situation.

Now I'm not saying the Bison are a FBS team or head and shoulders above the rest, but it is an apt comparision.

That being said. The earlier tilt that NDSU/SDSU had, I will say again, had the Bison leading for almost 40 minutes and SDSU only managing to tie for the remaining 20 minutes or so. At no time during that game did SDSU lead.

Everything you write is true.

SDSU had the two longest touchdown drives of the game. 9 plays for 61 yards and 11 plays for 74 yards. The bison may have been in prevent defense for the second, but the first was near the end of the first half.

NDSU had touchdown drives of 1 play for 24 yards and 11 plays for 50 yards.

Only in Fargo does a 20-17 final score equal domination.

NDSUstudent
November 28th, 2012, 08:46 AM

Didn't SDSU make DVDs of that win?

NoDak 4 Ever
November 28th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Everything you write is true.

SDSU had the two longest touchdown drives of the game. 9 plays for 61 yards and 11 plays for 74 yards. The bison may have been in prevent defense for the second, but the first was near the end of the first half.

NDSU had touchdown drives of 1 play for 24 yards and 11 plays for 50 yards.

At no time did I every say that they dominated. They won. They were the only team who was winning in the entire game. "Hanging in" isn't winning. At no time was NDSU ever losing. SDSU was only losing or tied. Why in the world is that so hard to grasp?

BisonBacker
November 28th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Trying to explain the concept of a block heater to someone not familiar is very hard. "Why do you have to plug your car in?"

Many years ago I worked with a guy from Missouri who wondered what those extension cords were doing dangling from the front of everyones car. Once he was told what they were I dropped the bombshell on him and invited him to go ice fishing. He about pissed his pants when he found out we were driving the truck on the lake on ICE. Dam funny to see a persons face when they hear their first Ice Pressure ridge cracking sound. I think he soiled himself.xlolx

Professor Chaos
November 28th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Only in Brookings can you pull so many moral victories out of a game in which you never led.

robsnotes4u
November 28th, 2012, 08:54 AM
It tends to be actually colder and more wind in the eastern part of north dakota. It's as flat and windy as can be on the east side.

You maybe right on average, but the coldest temp ever recorded is in the west, Parshall at -60.

Anywhere in ND is cold in the winter!

deez_na
November 28th, 2012, 08:55 AM
You maybe right on average, but the coldest temp ever recorded is in the west, Parshall at -60.

Anywhere in ND is cold in the winter!

ND winters sure do suck.

robsnotes4u
November 28th, 2012, 08:58 AM

Yes. Norwegian embillical chord. Had a brother in law come from out east, and never been here in the winter. We took him coyote hunting, -20 out. Stopped at a roadside bar and left the diesel suburban running with loaded guns in it as we went to have a drink. He freaked out. Couldn't understand if we shut it off it might not start.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 28th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Yes. Norwegian embillical chord. Had a brother in law come from out east, and never been here in the winter. We took him coyote hunting, -20 out. Stopped at a roadside bar and left the diesel suburban running with loaded guns in it as we went to have a drink. He freaked out. Couldn't understand if we shut it off it might not start.

God damnit, I miss North Dakota. I really do.

robsnotes4u
November 28th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Many years ago I worked with a guy from Missouri who wondered what those extension cords were doing dangling from the front of everyones car. Once he was told what they were I dropped the bombshell on him and invited him to go ice fishing. He about pissed his pants when he found out we were driving the truck on the lake on ICE. Dam funny to see a persons face when they hear their first Ice Pressure ridge cracking sound. I think he soiled himself.xlolx

That is funny ****!!

THE HERD
November 28th, 2012, 09:01 AM

People likes Lakes maybe, but I think most Bison fans would realize there is no shame in losing to a good Jacks team. While it would suck(losing always does), I don't think it will happen unless the Bison commit the Big Turnover or Turnovers.

deez_na
November 28th, 2012, 09:04 AM
People likes Lakes maybe, but I think most Bison fans would realize there is no shame in losing to a good Jacks team. While it would suck(losing always does), I don't think it will happen unless the Bison commit the Big Turnover or Turnovers.

If NDSU plays their usual game without turnovers I don't see anyway they lose. They will need 2+ turnovers if they are going to lose this game.

Evolution Prime
November 28th, 2012, 09:08 AM
And if SDSU recovers the onside kick and goes down and scores a td with no time remaining. Remember there was plenty of time to do just that. SDSU then technically leads at no time in the game except at the final gun. That is the only time when it really matters. We didn't just "hang in there" we competed with you the entire game. Why in the world is that for you to grasp?

robsnotes4u
November 28th, 2012, 09:09 AM
If NDSU plays their usual game without turnovers I don't see anyway they lose. They will need 2+ turnovers if they are going to lose this game.

That ball is funny shaped, and takes goofy bounces. Should be a great game, and atmosphere. I would sure like to see a MSU vs EWU game so we have another rivalry game.

deez_na
November 28th, 2012, 09:11 AM
That ball is funny shaped, and takes goofy bounces. Should be a great game, and atmosphere. I would sure like to see a MSU vs EWU game so we have another rivalry game.

Yeah true, I would like a game with MSU personally, be a fun game for sure.

wow
November 28th, 2012, 09:13 AM
At no time did I every say that they dominated. They won. They were the only team who was winning in the entire game. "Hanging in" isn't winning. At no time was NDSU ever losing. SDSU was only losing or tied. Why in the world is that so hard to grasp?

Again, what you say is true, but what exactly does that prove? Nobody is saying SDSU won. Nobody is saying SDSU was ahead.

Did NDSU "hang in" against ISU-b? How many minutes of that game did you lead? How many minutes did NDSU trail by double digits? How many minutes was the game tied? Clearly ISU-b was the superior team... or could there be more to it than that? Only when the Bison lose by three?

2 bad plays by the Bison decided the ISU-b game. SDSU scored 2 touchdowns on NDSU's #1everything defense despite their #1runningback being shut down (or not utilized depending on your persuasion).

Bottom line is that two good teams played and will play again Saturday. Some weird/big plays will likely be made by both teams (just like last time).

NDSU and SDSU fans will both have their share of reasons/excuses for a loss (just like last time, and just like the ISU-b game).

deez_na
November 28th, 2012, 09:14 AM
And if SDSU recovers the onside kick and goes down and scores a td with no time remaining. Remember there was plenty of time to do just that. SDSU then technically leads at no time in the game except at the final gun. That is the only time when it really matters. We didn't just "hang in there" we competed with you the entire game. Why in the world is that for you to grasp?

down 10 with 2:30ish to go, that's a pretty big IF you are depending on there. If you were down less than 7, that TD likely doesn't happen either cause NDSU wouldn't have been playing any lazy prevent defense.

BisonBacker
November 28th, 2012, 09:17 AM

And IF my aunt had a dick she'd be my Uncle!

NoDak 4 Ever
November 28th, 2012, 09:18 AM

Seriously. Holy cow. If we don't recover an ONSIDE KICK? That's stretching.

wow
November 28th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Only in Brookings can you pull so many moral victories out of a game in which you never led.

There is no such thing as a moral victory. But a 3 point loss isn't clear proof the Bison are vastly superior either.

gsu2583
November 28th, 2012, 09:20 AM
If NDSU does NOT repeat as champs this year, I will enjoy the cacophony of discontent and excuses they will throw out. When that subsides, they will go into a giant circle-jerk about their dominance over the past couple of years. But inside, they will be all...
http://i318.photobucket.com/albums/mm436/gsu2583/tumblr_m2zvr7Z9QK1r22lig.gif

NoDak 4 Ever
November 28th, 2012, 09:22 AM
If NDSU does NOT repeat as champs this year, I will enjoy the cacophony of discontent and excuses they will throw out. When that subsides, they will go into a giant circle-jerk about their dominance over the past couple of years. But inside, they will be all...

Nope, like I said, I will be happy we did it. I will wait for next year. Maybe 12 years. You'll have to tell me how that feels.

Evolution Prime
November 28th, 2012, 09:22 AM
A long shot? Yes, but not out of the realm of possibility. Watch the ending to the Iowa-Central Michigan game. I agee if it was truely garbage time where we are down by greater than 10 and score with virtually no time left, but that is not what happened.

deez_na
November 28th, 2012, 09:25 AM
A long shot? Yes, but not out of the realm of possibility. Watch the ending to the Iowa-Central Michigan game. I agee if it was truely garbage time where we are down by greater than 10 and score with virtually no time left, but that is not what happened.

Long shot yes, but you aren't understanding the fact that that last drive that was about 35% of your total offense for the day might not have happened if the Bison played their typical defense. They were up by 10 with less than 2 left, they weren't concerned.

Evolution Prime
November 28th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Weren't concerned? Please...

gsu2583
November 28th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Nope, like I said, I will be happy we did it. I will wait for next year. Maybe 12 years. You'll have to tell me how that feels.

It feels just fine, we can only go up. You guys, on the other hand... nowhere to go but down. I am plenty comfortable with our 43-12 playoff record. As long as we are in the hunt I am satisfied.

Professor Chaos
November 28th, 2012, 09:36 AM
And those of you who have been waiting for a full year for a chance to pile on NDSU will have a field day. Don't worry, you'll get your chance to spooge all over yourself when NDSU loses a playoff game at some point. Maybe this year, maybe next year, maybe the year after. I'm sure you'll feel much better about yourself then.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 28th, 2012, 09:42 AM
And those of you who have been waiting for a full year for a chance to pile on NDSU will have a field day. Don't worry, you'll get your chance to spooge all over yourself when NDSU loses a playoff game at some point. Maybe this year, maybe next year, maybe the year after. I'm sure you'll feel much better about yourself then.

I plan on wearing two pairs of boxer shorts on Saturday, just in case!!! xlolx

Vitojr130
November 28th, 2012, 09:45 AM
I plan on wearing two pairs of boxer shorts on Saturday, just in case!!! xlolx

Made me lol

NoDak 4 Ever
November 28th, 2012, 09:47 AM

I know, right? If only people thought about GSU like that anymore.

gsu2583
November 28th, 2012, 09:48 AM

:) I feel great about myself everyday. Livin' the dream. Sadly, one of my vices is taking a little too much joy in the sorrows of my enemies. But don't flatter yourself assuming the outcome of your football games affects the relative feelings of self-worth of opposing fans. When you do eventually lose, you will simply reap the fruit of all the brow-beating and condescension you have sown. That's all I'm saying.

Have a great day.

Bison56
November 28th, 2012, 09:56 AM

Sounds like you are applying for the pivot man position.;)

Kemo
November 28th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Obviously you've never heard of a hermaphrodite.

Professor Chaos
November 28th, 2012, 10:46 AM
:) I feel great about myself everyday. Livin' the dream. Sadly, one of my vices is taking a little too much joy in the sorrows of my enemies. But don't flatter yourself assuming the outcome of your football games affects the relative feelings of self-worth of opposing fans. When you do eventually lose, you will simply reap the fruit of all the brow-beating and condescension you have sown. That's all I'm saying.

Have a great day.
Brow-beating and condescension? Perhaps you can show me where I've been condescending to anyone except for those such as yourself who take a sadistic pleasure in seeing/hoping NDSU will fail. If you think being confident in a team that has won 24 of it's last 26 will win again is arrogant and condescending you need to find a kiddie board.

Thunderstruck
November 28th, 2012, 10:55 AM
I am so ready for Saturday. While this game could be the game of the day. I think it will come down to which team can throw the ball better. QB's not turning the ball over and hitting their receivers to open a small running lane will be key. Both teams on defense will have 8 in the box. The winning team QB will have a solid stat line, probably something like 17/22 225 yards, 2 TD's 0 Int's.

gsu2583
November 28th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Brow-beating and condescension? Perhaps you can show me where I've been condescending to anyone except for those such as yourself who take a sadistic pleasure in seeing/hoping NDSU will fail. If you think being confident in a team that has won 24 of it's last 26 will win again is arrogant and condescending you need to find a kiddie board.

Wasn't necessarily talking about "you" specifically, just NDSU fan-posters in general. I'm so happy for you that you are confident in your team. I'm glad that you are enjoying some on-field success lately. I honestly mean that because I know what it's like. But when anyone tries to talk about potentially beating NDSU, or how they will match up in a game with them, the sheer level of arrogance that NDSU fans spout is G-D annoying. I think that a lot of people "in here" are sick of NDSU. Not because of the team, but because of the fans. You can earn respect on the field (team), and you can earn respect off the field (fans.) A lot of times that respect (fans) comes from being magnanimous/gracious/whatever when you win AND lose (dare I say humble?) And there are SOME rational and humble NDSU fans, don't get me wrong. I've enjoyed some good conversations with them and I hate they get lumped in with jerks.

As a GSU fan(s), we are still raw about last year's semis loss, and anytime we talk about that game the NDSU fans love rubbing our noses in it (or even the 2006 loss under BVG...geez...) Dare I bring up the whole "buttBama" thing? So we were excited about how we performed against a great team and thought that it boded well for our run in the playoffs. Hell yeah we are going to talk about it in the lead-up. But that became a huge condescending rallying cry for NDSU fans, just to make fun of us. (Oh no, I'm soooo butthurt about buttBama... not really, just illustrating a point.) We got knocked down after being over-confident and you still dig at us over that one. Who are the sadistic ones there?

Then again, you might not give a damn if your fanbase is respected, who knows. But when you are d*ckish to people, they are d*ckish right back. I hate that I get sucked into being d*ckish at times (typically by some NDSU or Wofford fans,) because I care about our level of respect off-field. Then again, I'm not going to sit idle when someone tries to slam us.

Posters don't get to battle it out on the field, so we battle it out "in here," I get it. Like I said, whenever you do lose, it's going to RAIN DOWN on you in here, and not because of your team, but because of (some of) your fans.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 28th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Wasn't necessarily talking about "you" specifically, just NDSU fan-posters in general. I'm so happy for you that you are confident in your team. I'm glad that you are enjoying some on-field success lately. I honestly mean that because I know what it's like. But when anyone tries to talk about potentially beating NDSU, or how they will match up in a game with them, the sheer level of arrogance that NDSU fans spout is G-D annoying. I think that a lot of people "in here" are sick of NDSU. Not because of the team, but because of the fans. You can earn respect on the field (team), and you can earn respect off the field (fans.) A lot of times that respect (fans) comes from being magnanimous/gracious/whatever when you win AND lose (dare I say humble?) And there are SOME rational and humble NDSU fans, don't get me wrong. I've enjoyed some good conversations with them and I hate they get lumped in with jerks.

As a GSU fan(s), we are still raw about last year's semis loss, and anytime we talk about that game the NDSU fans love rubbing our noses in it (or even the 2006 loss under BVG...geez...) Dare I bring up the whole "buttBama" thing? So we were excited about how we performed against a great team and thought that it boded well for our run in the playoffs. Hell yeah we are going to talk about it in the lead-up. But that became a huge condescending rallying cry for NDSU fans, just to make fun of us. (Oh no, I'm soooo butthurt about buttBama... not really, just illustrating a point.) We got knocked down after being over-confident and you still dig at us over that one. Who are the sadistic ones there?

Then again, you might not give a damn if your fanbase is respected, who knows. But when you are d*ckish to people, they are d*ckish right back. I hate that I get sucked into being d*ckish at times (typically by some NDSU or Wofford fans,) because I care about our level of respect off-field. Then again, I'm not going to sit idle when someone tries to slam us.

Posters don't get to battle it out on the field, so we battle it out "in here," I get it. Like I said, whenever you do lose, it's going to RAIN DOWN on you in here, and not because of your team, but because of (some of) your fans.

... A reading from the Gospel, according to GSU2583 ...

AMEN!!! xbowx +1!

People like Lakes and Mpls, among a few other that shall remain nameless, have ruined things for the reputation of NDSU fans on AGS and other FCS message boards. True story.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 28th, 2012, 11:37 AM

Oh geez, get over yourself. You're the one in the NDSU/SDSU thread pissing all over things. GSU is 0-2 against NDSU, move on. I sincerely hope we make it all the way to sending you to 0-3.

Nobody cares what you think, really.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 28th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Oh geez, get over yourself. You're the one in the NDSU/SDSU thread pissing all over things. GSU is 0-2 against NDSU, move on. I sincerely hope we make it all the way to sending you to 0-3.

Like it or not, his post was spot on... Sometimes, the truth hurts. And no disrespect, but you are probably the closest thing to Lakes/Mpls (from a NDSU fan standpoint) left on AGS.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 28th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Like it or not, his post was spot on... Sometimes, the truth hurts. And no disrespect, but you are probably the closest thing to Lakes/Mpls (from a NDSU fan standpoint) left on AGS.

Of course I am, and I'm sure everybody in jackrabbit land agrees.

gsu2583
November 28th, 2012, 11:41 AM

Thank you for further illustrating my point.

Vitojr130
November 28th, 2012, 11:42 AM

This is as far as I read because I could not take you, a GSU poster, seriously in this regards. xlolx. The whole reason I started posting on AGS was because GSU posters were just so darn annoying last year. Buttbama this and buttbama that. Well, we destroyed your offense and have since been touting over your heads. That seemed to do the trick. We are the defending champs and us NDSU fans have little reason to not be as confident as we are. If you perceive it as arrogance, then I say whatever. The amount of "confidence" we had to put up with last year from GSU fans was astronomical. I won't lump you into that group, though, because judging by your join date, you probably missed most of the end of season/early playoff fun on here...

gsu2583
November 28th, 2012, 11:45 AM
This is as far as I read because I could not take you, a GSU poster, seriously in this regards. xlolx. The whole reason I started posting on AGS was because GSU posters were just so darn annoying last year. Buttbama this and buttbama that. Well, we destroyed your offense and have since been touting over your heads. That seemed to do the trick. We are the defending champs and us NDSU fans have little reason to not be as confident as we are. If you perceive it as arrogance, then I say whatever. The amount of "confidence" we had to put up with last year from GSU fans was astronomical. I won't lump you into that group, though, because judging by your join date, you probably missed most of the end of season/early playoff fun on here...

Maybe you should have kept reading... :)

BisonFan02
November 28th, 2012, 11:45 AM
... A reading from the Gospel, according to GSU2583 ...

AMEN!!! xbowx +1!

People like Lakes and Mpls, among a few other that shall remain nameless, have ruined things for the reputation of NDSU fans on AGS and other FCS message boards. True story.

This is discussed constantly....WHY does a few fans "ruin" the reputation of an entire fan base? There isn't one school (that has a large enough fan following anyway) who doesn't have a few trolls/agitators. Does that mean I lump in an entire fanbase with those posters? It is really annoying, and the reason why I avoid a few forums all together.

Gothmog
November 28th, 2012, 11:46 AM

No, he's got it backwards. GSU fans were extermely condescending last year. Now they're just getting a dose of their own medicine and finding it doesn't taste so good.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 28th, 2012, 11:50 AM
This is discussed constantly....WHY does a few fans "ruin" the reputation of an entire fan base? There isn't one school (that has a large enough fan following anyway) who doesn't have a few trolls/agitators. Does that mean I lump in an entire fanbase with those posters? It is really annoying, and the reason why I avoid a few forums all together.

Furthermore, who is supposed to be the arbiter of good/bad posters anyway? Why is it always the fans of another team calling posters from another team out like that?

robsnotes4u
November 28th, 2012, 11:51 AM
I am so ready for Saturday. While this game could be the game of the day. I think it will come down to which team can throw the ball better. QB's not turning the ball over and hitting their receivers to open a small running lane will be key. Both teams on defense will have 8 in the box. The winning team QB will have a solid stat line, probably something like 17/22 225 yards, 2 TD's 0 Int's.

I like that evaluation

Professor Chaos
November 28th, 2012, 11:52 AM

They're going to be those fans in every fan base, including yours. I don't root for GSU to lose (unless they're playing my team) just because a couple of your fans are blowhards. I either prod those blowhards specifically or I ignore them. I don't really care if others don't respect our fan base on this board, I don't respect some other NDSU fans on this board but I can't do any more about them than you can. Respect isn't something earned on a message board. Come to Fargo and hang out at the NDSU tailgate, be respectful towards us and if we're not respectful back than my fellow fans would upset me far more than if they were spouting arrogance on a message board.

I use this board to banter for entertainment and to educate myself on other teams, not diplomacy. So I don't get stuck on vendettas against an entire fan base based on a few bad apples and it bugs me when other fans do. It peeves me to see comments about how all NDSU fans will be throwing out excuses if the Bison lost and jerking each other off about how great our team is anyway. I don't do that and the majority of other Bison fans on this board, believe it or not, don't do it either.

BisonBabe
November 28th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Well it appears the pissing for distance match is still going on.

Good thing the game will be decided on the field come Saturday.

wow
November 28th, 2012, 11:54 AM

Hypothetical NDSU fan response:

WE are by far the MOST gracious fan base in the country. #1 in defense, #1 in fan class. Our fans outclass everyone by so much, when we kill your team by 3 points, we will be sure to let you know about our 9* natties just so you don't feel alone.

Reign of Terrier
November 28th, 2012, 11:56 AM

lol people think the exact thing about GSU fans.....

The only reason you think I suck you into being a dick is because you're a giant vag

wow
November 28th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Furthermore, who is supposed to be the arbiter of good/bad posters anyway? Why is it always the fans of another team calling posters from another team out like that?

How did fans of another team manage to get your #1 internet fanboy banned from Bisonville? You can't really defend LB with a straightface or say he doesn't reflect poorly on your fanbase. Seriously, I think the only place he can still comment is youtube.

Professor Chaos
November 28th, 2012, 12:03 PM
How did fans of another team manage to get your #1 internet fanboy banned from Bisonville? You can't really defend LB with a straightface or say he doesn't reflect poorly on your fanbase. Seriously, I think the only place he can still comment is youtube.
LakesBison reflects poorly on no one else but himself with his online demeanor. To generalize his actions and hold them against an entire fan base is childish and hypocritical considering that is something he would do.

Reign of Terrier
November 28th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Like seriously, GSU fans talking about how bad NDSU fans are in terms of overhyping their team or getting annoyed when they say GSU could lose xlolx

Remember when GSU beat the **** out of Jacksonville and people compared Dominic Swope to AP? Or the fact that there is a large contingent on GSUfans that think Swope is a better running back/they have had an abundance of backs in their history better than Eric Breitenstein (not including AP of course), even there is NO substantial evidence to back up any of this stuff.

Passionate fans overhype their team when they win and exaggerate their problems when they lose, it's part of the game. It's only annoying when it extends to making stupid comparisons of other teams at which they don't give credit to where credit is due. That's why I don't participate in as much pregame prognostications on here as I used to because it's the same talking points over and over again year after year, most of which consists of not giving due credit.

BisonBacker
November 28th, 2012, 12:04 PM

I think it's safe to say that any school with success has it's share of fan's/posters who fall under the above mentioned description. Message boards are nothing more than a venue for fans to vent either Joy or Frustrations. Other than that they are a meeting place for like minded folks who have similar interests. Some take it to a different level (Lakes for one) and I am sure there are other examples of fans from other schools who are just the same. Bottom line is when a message board can make you so P'O'd that you take pleasure in someone else's pain or your blood pressure goes up reading what someone else says it's time to take a break from the board. As far as good natured ribbing and joking man up and grow a pair (I'm not condoning being a dickhead either) Any fans like that should and will be called out. If SDSU wins this weekend and it's possible I will be rooting for them the rest of the way. If NDSU wins and I hope we do that will be great.

BisonBacker
November 28th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Like seriously, GSU fans talking about how bad NDSU fans are in terms of overhyping their team or getting annoyed when they say GSU could lose xlolx

Remember when GSU beat the **** out of Jacksonville and people compared Dominic Swope to AP? Or the fact that there is a large contingent on GSUfans that think Swope is a better running back/they have had an abundance of backs in their history better than Eric Breitenstein (not including AP of course), even there is NO substantial evidence to back up any of this stuff.

Passionate fans overhype their team when they win and exaggerate their problems when they lose, it's part of the game. It's only annoying when it extends to making stupid comparisons of other teams at which they don't give credit to where credit is due. That's why I don't participate in as much pregame prognostications on here as I used to because it's the same talking points over and over again year after year, most of which consists of not giving due credit.

^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^

BisonBacker
November 28th, 2012, 12:08 PM
LakesBison reflects poorly on no one else but himself with his online demeanor. To generalize his actions and hold them against an entire fan base is childish and hypocritical considering that is something he would do.

While I agree that it Should really only reflect on Lakes I do still think right or wrong that other folks or at least some will take it as a blanket rep of Bison fans or at a minimum give them a bad taste for NDSU and Bison fans in general. Remember "The Fan". I didn't have a dog in that fight but his postings did get old in a hurry just like LakesBison's BS did. There's a difference in being a Fan and Being an immature jerk.

BisonBacker
November 28th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Now can we get back to the NDSU vs. SDSU game??? Talk about thread drift.

Thunderstruck
November 28th, 2012, 12:11 PM

^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Twentysix
November 28th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Unsure if this was already posted on here:

@NDSUAthletics
Fun Fact: Between 8-8:30am this morning the NDSU Ticket Office received 9,462 phone calls. True story. Think fans are pumped for Saturday?

darell1976
November 28th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Is there any injuries on both sides that will affect the game? Did SDSU suffer any last Saturday?

Thunderstruck
November 28th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Is there any injuries on both sides that will affect the game? Did SDSU suffer any last Saturday?

I think the biggest injury is NDSU not having Perry in the middle to help stop SDSU's rushing attack.

darell1976
November 28th, 2012, 12:29 PM

@NDSUAthletics
Fun Fact: Between 8-8:30am this morning the NDSU Ticket Office received 9,462 phone calls. True story. Think fans are pumped for Saturday?

Sure they weren't getting NDSU-UND basketball tickets for December 9th at the dome?xlolx

Jacked_Rabbit
November 28th, 2012, 12:31 PM

Reserve WR Trevor Tiefenthaler broke his collar bone early in the game on a long pass play. Trevor scored the "garbage time TD", as many have called it, in the 4th quarter during the Dakota Marker game. Aside from that, I'm not aware of anything that will keep anyone from playing.

You can see the hit that caused the injury under the "SDSU vs EIU" thread, which I just bumped, at the 32 second mark of the video.

darell1976
November 28th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Reserve WR Trevor Tiefenthaler broke his collar bone early in the game on a long pass play. Trevor scored the "garbage time TD", as many have called it, in the 4th quarter during the Dakota Marker game. Aside from that, I'm not aware of anything that will keep anyone from playing.

You can see the hit that caused the injury under the "SDSU vs EIU" thread, which I just bumped, at the 32 second mark of the video.

Just saw the video..OUCH!!

wow
November 28th, 2012, 12:42 PM

He also caught the game winner in the final seconds against SIU.

Southern Bison
November 28th, 2012, 12:55 PM
GaSo has a great program and a storied history, no doubt. Their fans were awesome when I was there in '06 for the game, especially afterwards at the bar that was on campus. Gothmog has some truth in his post about the condescension of the GaSo fans last year starting in the 1st round of the playoffs (3 weeks before the potential matchup). Have Bison fans enjoyed the last two seasons at the top of the FCS? Absolutely!! Have some gone overboard at times? Sure (even I have), but it's because of the love and pride that we have for our school that we will stand up and defend the Bison when someone from the outside comes at us with opinion and without facts.

GaSo, App, Youngstown, Montana, EKU all have multiple NCs in FCS and we're looking to join that revered list in 5-1/2 weeks.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 28th, 2012, 12:58 PM

@NDSUAthletics

So in 1800 seconds (30 mins), there were 9,462 calls? That's 5.25 calls per second...

How many phone lines do they have? 100? If so, all of the lines would've been locked up in the first 20 seconds.

gsu2583
November 28th, 2012, 01:27 PM

Mission accomplished. I figured when the conversation delved into ice fishing and engine block heaters something needed to be done. :)

I keed, I keed! I rarely brag on myself, but I did accomplish everything I sought out to do with that post. I got some NDSU fans to reinforce my point, I got some "conciliatory" posts by respectable NDSU fans, I drew out the idiot ankle-biter, got a couple of supportive/appreciative PMs in my inbox, and got the thread back on the game. Seriously, I put a good bit of thought into it and all of that was intentional. :) What can I say, it's a slow day at work.

Anyway, I hope both teams have a good, hard-fought, injury-free game. It's a score I will be checking regularly on Saturday.

Best of luck.

BisonBohl
November 28th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Mission accomplished. I figured when the conversation delved into ice fishing and engine block heaters something needed to be done. :)

I keed, I keed! I rarely brag on myself, but I did accomplish everything I sought out to do with that post. I got some NDSU fans to reinforce my point, I got some "conciliatory" posts by respectable NDSU fans, I drew out the idiot ankle-biter, got a couple of supportive/appreciative PMs in my inbox, and got the thread back on the game. Seriously, I put a good bit of thought into it and all of that was intentional. :) What can I say, it's a slow day at work.

Anyway, I hope both teams have a good, hard-fought, injury-free game. It's a score I will be checking regularly on Saturday.

Best of luck.

Were so glad you could help Dr. Phil...

Big game this Saturday between two good teams.

BisonBacker
November 28th, 2012, 01:32 PM

Best of luck.

Same to you guys. Best of Luck.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 28th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Were so glad you could help Dr. Phil...

Big game this Saturday between two good teams.

Seriously.

These Decembrists......

Vitojr130
November 28th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Seriously.

These Decembrists......

Ya just gotta keep doubtin' 'em.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 28th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Watch Coach Stig & QB Austin Sumner talk about the upcoming NDSU game, hosted by Argus Leader's Stu Whitney (a notorious SDSU-hater).

http://www.argusleader.com/videonetwork/1995159474001?odyssey=mod|tvideo|article

Since NDSU is wearing their yellow alternate jerseys, I sure hope the Jacks rock the Blue 1985-replica throwbacks!

NoDak 4 Ever
November 28th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Watch Coach Stig & QB Austin Sumner talk about the upcoming NDSU game, hosted by Argus Leader's Stu Whitney (a notorious SDSU-hater).

http://www.argusleader.com/videonetwork/1995159474001?odyssey=mod|tvideo|article

Since NDSU is wearing their yellow alternate jerseys, I sure hope the Jacks rock the Blue 1985-replica throwbacks!

Also clearly a good production value hater.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 28th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Also clearly a good production value hater.

Clearly, Lakes Jr. xlolx haha - just kidding - you're right, the production sucks. Welcome to South Dakota. We're just lucky this isn't in black and white.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 28th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Woah, QB Austin Sumner looks into the camera guarantees a 17 point victory over NDSU at the 19 minute mark!!!! I love it! Go Jacks! ;)

Professor Chaos
November 28th, 2012, 02:17 PM

I think it's an NCAA mandate that the road team has to wear white jerseys in the playoffs. Only the home team has the choice for what color they want to wear.

i_got_a_fever
November 28th, 2012, 02:20 PM
http://vimeo.com/54451736

344Johnson
November 28th, 2012, 02:27 PM

Lol, why no highlights from the past 3 NDSU matchups? Or any game other than the EIU game?

BisonBacker
November 28th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Lol, why no highlights from the past 3 NDSU matchups? Or any game other than the EIU game?

LOL I was wondering the same thing.

Snowgoose
November 28th, 2012, 02:42 PM

That is a good video, but kind of hard to take it seriously when in the highlights all you see is empty stands. :(

I do think this will be a great game and I am hoping we see the Jensen of the first half of the year and not the second half of the year.

THE HERD
November 28th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Sure they weren't getting NDSU-UND basketball tickets for December 9th at the dome?xlolx

Has anybody heard if that game will be televised locally? It should be.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 28th, 2012, 03:13 PM

That's the way these videos have been all year long. The 2 guys that put these together do a nice job, but they could be much better if they put in some extra time. Pull from NDSU games in years past and blow everyone away.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 28th, 2012, 03:15 PM

It can't be, as ESPN has exclusive broadcast rights, so it will only be on ESPN3 or WatchESPN. I've also heard it may be on ESPN Gameplan, but I haven't seen anyone confirm that for sure.

BisonFan02
November 28th, 2012, 03:15 PM

Nope, only ESPN3 or ESPN Gameplan

jackrabbit1979
November 28th, 2012, 03:18 PM

It's a week to week thing...the videos are produced each week for the upcoming game and always only include highlights of the week prior. Makes more sense if you have seen them all over the course of the whole season.

THE HERD
November 28th, 2012, 03:21 PM
It can't be, as ESPN has exclusive broadcast rights, so it will only be on ESPN3 or WatchESPN. I've also heard it may be on ESPN Gameplan, but I haven't seen anyone confirm that for sure.

Read the post a little better boys.....I'm asking about the Bison/Sioux mens BBall game.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 28th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Read the post a little better boys.....I'm asking about the Bison/Sioux mens BBall game.

In that case, find another site/forum/thread, son... Bisonville Basketball, perhaps. xrotatehx

344Johnson
November 28th, 2012, 03:42 PM
It's a week to week thing...the videos are produced each week for the upcoming game and always only include highlights of the week prior. Makes more sense if you have seen them all over the course of the whole season.

Ah. This makes sense now.

BisonCM
November 28th, 2012, 03:43 PM
In that case, find another site/forum/thread, son... Bisonville Women'sBasketball, perhaps. xrotatehx

FIFY

It's women's Basketball, I'm a Bison fan, but not sure about that big of a Bison fan.

darell1976
November 28th, 2012, 03:57 PM
FIFY

It's women's Basketball, I'm a Bison fan, but not sure about that big of a Bison fan.

Actually the women's game is Nov 30th...the joke I made was the men's game on Dec. 9th, and no word if its televised yet.

Twentysix
November 28th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Actually the women's game is Nov 30th...the joke I made was the men's game on Dec. 9th, and no word if its televised yet.

I would assume statewide NBC.

darell1976
November 28th, 2012, 05:48 PM
I would assume statewide NBC.

Doesn't matter to me I got my tickets for me and my family.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 28th, 2012, 05:50 PM

to the NDSU/SDSU football game? Because that's what this thread is about.

darell1976
November 28th, 2012, 07:59 PM

Nope, the basketball game which 26 was referring to, and to whom i was responding to.

344Johnson
November 28th, 2012, 08:28 PM

checking out the ladies game tomorrow?

Bisonoline
November 28th, 2012, 09:42 PM

Been through all that with my wife.

Southern Bison
November 28th, 2012, 11:20 PM

You didn't know? A 5-6 record means they've moved onto Whioux sports - winter style!

Nope, the basketball game which 26 was referring to, and to whom i was responding to.

http://youtu.be/hc7FvjZDT8c

darell1976
November 29th, 2012, 06:17 AM
You didn't know? A 5-6 record means they've moved onto Whioux sports - winter style!

http://youtu.be/hc7FvjZDT8c

So we could talk about burgers or a NDSU-GSU pissing match. Since this thread has moved in several different ways.

darell1976
November 29th, 2012, 06:20 AM
checking out the ladies game tomorrow?

I have to work Friday night so I will have to miss that.

Hambone
November 29th, 2012, 07:55 AM
If SDSU can limit NDSU to less points than SDSU scores, they have a good chance to win this game xpeacex

In all seriousness, I see a defensive battle again, and I'm going to predict the final score of 14-13, although I'm not sure who wins.....

darell1976
November 29th, 2012, 08:16 AM
If SDSU can limit NDSU to less points than SDSU scores, they have a good chance to win this game xpeacex

In all seriousness, I see a defensive battle again, and I'm going to predict the final score of 14-13, although I'm not sure who wins.....

Hopefully the game is NOT determined by the refs.

deez_na
November 29th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Hopefully the game is NOT determined by the refs.

Agreed!

Gil Dobie
November 29th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Games are never determined by the refs........

robsnotes4u
November 29th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Games are never determined by the refs........

Agree, you probably have 40+ plays to execute, it is our fault you didn't execute. Blaming on the refs is a feel good excuse for the loser.

deez_na
November 29th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Agree, you probably have 40+ plays to execute, it is our fault you didn't execute. Blaming on the refs is a feel good excuse for the loser.

True you have plenty of plays to execute but regardless if a ref makes a blatantly obvious call that's incorrect or vice versa and it affects a scoring play, you can definitely blame them to an extent. Look at seattle green bay game, cant tell me seattle won that game on their own? Definitely the ref who won the game.

darell1976
November 29th, 2012, 11:53 AM
True you have plenty of plays to execute but regardless if a ref makes a blatantly obvious call that's incorrect or vice versa and it affects a scoring play, you can definitely blame them to an extent. Look at seattle green bay game, cant tell me seattle won that game on their own? Definitely the ref who won the game.

Just like in Detriot during the Lions-Texans game. They blew a call, and if it wasn't for a stupid rule of not having replay after throwing a challenge flag illegally the game could have gone the other way.

Sycamore62
November 29th, 2012, 12:36 PM
The selection committee is hoping the refs do screw this game up so that the looser blames them instead of the committee for not giving them the easiest route to the national championship.

robsnotes4u
November 29th, 2012, 01:10 PM
The selection committee is hoping the refs do screw this game up so that the looser blames them instead of the committee for not giving them the easiest route to the national championship.

Lol, don't worry the whining wii be astronomical.

NDSUstudent
November 29th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Before the 2008/2009 season when was the last time South Dakota State won in Fargo?

aces1180
November 29th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Before the 2008/2009 season when was the last time South Dakota State won in Fargo?

1964 or so...

NoDak 4 Ever
November 29th, 2012, 01:54 PM
1964 or so...

To put it a different way, when Coach John Stiegelmeier was in 2nd grade.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 29th, 2012, 02:13 PM

When was the last time NDSU beat SDSU in the 2nd round of the FCS playoffs on Dec. 1?!?!

Never... So I could care less about what happened a decade or four ago. It has no relevance in this coming weekend's game.

darell1976
November 29th, 2012, 02:16 PM

1962 17-6

Professor Chaos
November 29th, 2012, 02:18 PM
When was the last time NDSU beat SDSU in the 2nd round of the FCS playoffs on Dec. 1?!?!
Considering this is the first time SDSU has ever been in the 2nd round of any football playoff I'm guessing never.

Never... So I could care less about what happened a decade or four ago. It has no relevance in this coming weekend's game.
Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it. Trust me, your coaches know how difficult it is to win in the Fargodome and they'll gameplan accordingly to account for that. I'd argue that SDSU's historical success on the road in Fargo is a better predictor about the outcome of this game than the outcome of the game 3 weeks ago was.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 29th, 2012, 02:22 PM

It is simply a measure of the lack of success SDSU has had at Dacotah Field and the Fargodome which means that it is unlikely they will win.

NDSUstudent
November 29th, 2012, 02:41 PM

I never said it did or didn't have anything to do with this weekend's game. It just shows how tough it is to win in Fargo and the last time I checked the game this weekend was in Fargo. You are correct the past has nothing to do with this weekend's game but funny how you want respect from Bison fans baised on your "success" in Fargo.

In the past handful of years, SDSU has some big victories over NDSU (in Fargo & also when NDSU was undefeated and ranked #1), yet we are given no respect by most of the Bison fans.

DJKyR0
November 29th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Considering this is the first time SDSU has ever been in the 2nd round of any football playoff I'm guessing never.

http://d22zlbw5ff7yk5.cloudfront.net/images/cm-21462-150526c45f3346.jpeg

I-AA Fan
November 29th, 2012, 02:57 PM
There is a precedence here for both arguments that officiating never cost a team a victory in the game. I am going to show my age, but I have been following I-AA/FCS since 1982. In the 1992 title game (Marshall vs. Youngstown @ Huntington), there was a play where the Herd player pulled a Penguin player into him. I saw the flag fly ...the call was "defensive" pass interference. It was in the end-zone. There was another play in the same game, where the Penguin player caught a pass in the end-zone despite the herd player being on his back. They did throw a flag and called pass interference against the Herd player, but somehow ruled that the play did not count. Evidently there was some issue related to the pass being caught outside of the end-zone and carrying the the ball into the end-zone vs. the catch being made in the end-zone. Both calls made no sense to me at all.

Jim Tressel (Youngstown coach at the time) sent what was called "a plea" to the chairman of the NCAA officials commission who was in the stands. The commissioner responded that he would not rule on this plea until the next day (Sunday) so they could see how the call impacted the game. The final score was 31-28 favoring the Herd. It turns out that the call made was not a valid call in I-AA football, and the officials were from the MAC. There was an official letter of apology sent to the Youngstown State AD (also Tressel), that gave them two options:

1. Have the Herd's 1992 title stripped, but it would still not be awarded to Youngstown.
2. Allow the Herd's title to stay, with a notation. in the record book.

In one of the most gutsy decisions I ever saw ..Tressel allowed his seniors to make the call, and they agreed to do neither ...and instead tore up the plea, but published the NCAA's letter in the newspapers. Now you can argue that the first blown call was a matter of interpretation, but if the official was not in a position to see the hands pull ...how can you argue? Why did he not differ to an official in better position to see?He apologized for not being in a position to see it, but they had to rule defensive pass interference. The second call though, should not have been made, and the opposing coach called for the plea, just as he was supposed to do. However, the NCAA would not rule that the call cost Youngstown the game ...as they had other opportunities to produce points. The result was a discussion about replay (which did not exist at the time in I-AA), and they ruled that future championship game officiating crews had to be I-AA ...and not from the respective conferences of either participating teams.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 29th, 2012, 03:00 PM
In that case, were DUE to get a W!!! Makes me like our odds even more.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 29th, 2012, 03:03 PM
In that case, were DUE to get a W!!! Makes me like our odds even more.

Keep telling yourself whatever gets you to Saturday. It took you 45 years to get one win. Why only 5 for the next one?

wow
November 29th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Keep telling yourself whatever gets you to Saturday. It took you 45 years to get one win. Why only 5 for the next one?

Why not?

We had a similar drought for playoff appearances, now we're in for the second time in 4 years. Things change, this ain't your Daddy's version of the Jackrabbits.

darell1976
November 29th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Why not?

We had a similar drought for playoff appearances, now we're in for the second time in 4 years. Things change, this ain't your Daddy's version of the Jackrabbits.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS!

NoDak 4 Ever
November 29th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Why not?

Nope, this is my version of the Jackrabbits, the ones who got creamed in 2009 and walked over a cream puff in 2012. Playoff juggernaut there.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 29th, 2012, 03:14 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?122741-THE-CRAPSVILLE-BAR-amp-GRILL-2012-Edition

Bison06
November 29th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Why not?

You say that as if we haven't played SDSU every year for the past...forever. NDSU knows exactly what SDSU is and has already beaten them once this year. I don't see any reason to think it won't happen again, but that is why the games are played.

darell1976
November 29th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Nope, this is my version of the Jackrabbits, the ones who got creamed in 2009 and walked over a cream puff in 2012. Playoff juggernaut there.

How about NDSU? NC of 2011 or 3-8 of 2009? Which Bison will show up. Sounds silly doesn't it.

darell1976
November 29th, 2012, 03:16 PM
You say that as if we haven't played SDSU every year for the past...forever. NDSU knows exactly what SDSU is and has already beaten them once this year. I don't see any reason to think it won't happen again, but that is why the games are played.

You are correct there. Beating a team in the regular season doesn't guarantee you a win in the playoffs. Happened between UND and NDSU a couple of times.

Bison06
November 29th, 2012, 03:20 PM
How about NDSU? NC of 2011 or 3-8 of 2009? Which Bison will show up. Sounds silly doesn't it.

I think you missed the point, he was talking about playoff experience. Hence bringing up '09 and this past week's game. NDSU didn't make the playoffs in '09 so it has no relevance in this conversation.

aces1180
November 29th, 2012, 03:20 PM

Ursus...Can you please address this post...Obviously he is trolling here...We talked about this. Thanks!

darell1976
November 29th, 2012, 03:25 PM
I think you missed the point, he was talking about playoff experience. Hence bringing up '09 and this past week's game. NDSU didn't make the playoffs in '09 so it has no relevance in this conversation.

Still sounds stupid. Which playoff NDSU team will show the one that won in Frisco or the one that lost in Cheney. There is the 2012 NDSU team against the 1-0 in the playoffs 2012 SDSU team. All other records mean nothing.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 29th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Still sounds stupid. Which playoff NDSU team will show the one that won in Frisco or the one that lost in Cheney. There is the 2012 NDSU team against the 1-0 in the playoffs 2012 SDSU team. All other records mean nothing.

Oh god, green is a good color for you.

1-0 doesn't mean **** because they had to play a 1st round game with the rest of the last ones in. The Bison are the top seed for a frickin reason.

Bison06
November 29th, 2012, 03:29 PM

Except the 2012 NDSU team has a lot of the same players as the 2011 national championship team. If playoff experience counts for nothing, that is certainly news to me.

That was a Quarterfinal game against the eventual champ, not sure what point you expected to prove by bringing that game up.

darell1976
November 29th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Oh god, green is a good color for you.

1-0 doesn't mean **** because they had to play a 1st round game with the rest of the last ones in. The Bison are the top seed for a frickin reason.

Sorry I put their current record in front of their name. My God if that is what you got out of my post you need to put down the yellow Kool-Aid.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 29th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Sorry I put their current record in front of their name. My God if that is what you got out of my post you need to put down the yellow Kool-Aid.

and like I said, you need to go order a tall one at the Crapsville bar with the rest of the losers.

darell1976
November 29th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Except the 2012 NDSU team has a lot of the same players as the 2011 national championship team. If playoff experience counts for nothing, that is certainly news to me.

Experience is a plus but every team is different. Your 2012 team is different than 2011 (although not by much).

darell1976
November 29th, 2012, 03:32 PM
and like I said, you need to go order a tall one at the Crapsville bar with the rest of the losers.

I will order one, should I put it on your unpaid tab from 09?:D

Bison06
November 29th, 2012, 03:39 PM
I will order one, should I put it on your unpaid tab from 09?:D

I have never seen someone talk so much trash without anything to back it up in my life.

darell1976
November 29th, 2012, 03:40 PM
I have never seen someone talk so much trash without anything to back it up in my life.

It was a joke. Take a pill.

Bison06
November 29th, 2012, 03:47 PM
It was a joke. Take a pill.

Oh, I wasn't just talking about that post.

darell1976
November 29th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Oh, I wasn't just talking about that post.

Sorry I didn't get what was meant when I did post #475 I will man up and apologize to the FCS world that I ****ed up. Sorry. I am sure the other fan bases can see what I was getting at and will leave it up to them.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 29th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Sorry I didn't get what was meant when I did post #475 I will man up and apologize to the FCS world that I ****ed up. Sorry. I am sure the other fan bases can see what I was getting at and will leave it up to them.

Please do because despite being warned about it previously, you are trolling this thread really really hard.

BisonBohl
November 29th, 2012, 04:07 PM
This thread is a mess...Go Bison!

FargoBison
November 29th, 2012, 04:11 PM
This thread...
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Jack-Donaghy-Facepalm.gif

NoDak 4 Ever
November 29th, 2012, 05:11 PM
This thread is a mess...Go Bison!

This thread...
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Jack-Donaghy-Facepalm.gif

THESE

Bison56
November 29th, 2012, 05:12 PM
2 teams will meet Saturday wtht only 1 team moving on. Who will that be?

Thats why they play the game.

Though I am hoping it is NDSU.xthumbsupx

Good luck to both teams!

Jacked_Rabbit
November 29th, 2012, 05:24 PM
2 teams will meet Saturday wtht only 1 team moving on. Who will that be?

Thats why they play the game.

Though I am hoping it is NDSU.xthumbsupx

Good luck to both teams!

Should be a great one. And 48 hours from right now, things will be settled! With two great defenses on the field, I don't think either team is capable of blowing out the other. As always, turnovers will be critical in determining the outcome of this game. SDSU cannot afford to be negative in TO ratio, that's for sure.

Jacks win by 1 on a last second field goal as time expires.

Bisonator
November 29th, 2012, 08:21 PM
GO BISON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NDB
November 29th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Zenner gets diarrhea.

Bison by 14.

JackBacker
November 29th, 2012, 10:59 PM
Can't wait for Saturday, hoping the Rabbits can pull off the upset. Should be a good game right down to the wire hopefully. And I sure hope Zenner doesn't crap his pants, physically or figuratively.

Go Jacks!

moose
November 30th, 2012, 12:38 AM
Bison by at least 10.

NDSU09
November 30th, 2012, 01:32 AM
I've never seen players and a fan base get so much confidence from a loss before. I guess im not used to having to scratch and claw for positives when i know im out-gunned and out-matched