PDA

View Full Version : Dakota Marker Anyone? SDSU@NDSU for the MVFC

Pages : 1 [2]

NDSUstudent
November 8th, 2012, 09:32 AM
http://www.wdaz.com/event/article/id/11799/

I was there and never heard it. Amazing. Kevin Schnepf wrote the article? Amazing again.

darell1976
November 8th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Dude get over it, it means nothing. It is a habit that is hard to break and has nothing to do with being stuck in the past or fixated on UND.

The cheer doesn't sound complete without saying something in the space between here we go bison, here we go...clap, clap. It is a two beat that almost forces you to say something in your head. It had been habit for many years to say Sioux suck in that space and it has stuck with a lot of people.

I didn't mean for this to become a UND/NDSU pissing match but when a Bison fan blasts a UND coach I will react.

NDSUstudent
November 8th, 2012, 09:37 AM
I didn't mean for this to become a UND/NDSU pissing match but when a Bison fan blasts a UND coach I will react.

Gene Roebuck doesn't need any help blasting himself. He does it everytime he opens his mouth.

“One thing (Faison) told me is it’s one thing if a 20-year-old football player says something,” Taylor said. “It’s another thing when an experienced coach says something inappropriate. That’s all he told me.”

NoDak 4 Ever
November 8th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Honestly, at games the cheer is Let's Go Bison not Here we go Bison. You were at the NDSU/ Youngstown State game, did you hear Sioux suck at that game? I didn't.

I heard it at the UNI game. May have participated. xwhistlex

darell1976
November 8th, 2012, 09:44 AM
I heard it at the UNI game. May have participated. xwhistlex

I am sure it will be said at the NDSU/SDSU game too.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 8th, 2012, 09:48 AM
I am sure it will be said at the NDSU/SDSU game too.

It's just so rhythmic and irresistible.

Professor Chaos
November 8th, 2012, 09:59 AM
We need to bring the UND nickname back! Who can we call to get it forced through in the state legislature? :D

I'm kidding Darrel

NoDak 4 Ever
November 8th, 2012, 10:11 AM
We need to bring the UND nickname back! Who can we call to get it forced through in the state legislature? :D

I'm kidding Darrel

I really don't care what it is as long as it goes well with "suck". I've said that all along.

344Johnson
November 8th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Oh yeah that's when NDSU just got done winning the NC game against SHSU, and the first thing out of their mouths were....Sioux suck. xsmhx

I charged the field with everyone else. Didn't hear a single person yell Sioux Suck.

I think only one Bison player said it and it was because his sister plays for UND.

Yep. One.

That and the Gov. leading the chant here we go Bison here we go (cue the Sioux Suck by the crowd).

Blame the governor then.

Should be a fun game this weekend. Bison/Jacks...Valley crown potentially.

Bisonator
November 8th, 2012, 10:48 AM
I say we change the chant for this weeks game to: Here we go Bison, here we go....jacks suck! xsmiley_wix

darell1976
November 8th, 2012, 10:53 AM
We need to bring the UND nickname back! Who can we call to get it forced through in the state legislature?

I'm kidding Darrel

Is Al Carlson still around?

NoDak 4 Ever
November 8th, 2012, 10:55 AM
I say we change the chant for this weeks game to: Here we go Bison, here we go....jacks suck! xsmiley_wix

As Mike McFeeley said 8 years ago, if these teams don't hate each other after playing for 100 years, a rock isn't going to make it happen.

Twentysix
November 8th, 2012, 11:36 AM
As Mike McFeeley said 8 years ago, if these teams don't hate each other after playing for 100 years, a rock isn't going to make it happen.

There is no problem with a sports only rivalry. SDSU has my respect in many ways, I hope we are able to move to the FBS toghether in a couple decades.

AmsterBison
November 8th, 2012, 12:23 PM
I didn't know the ND Chamber of Commerence is in Grand Forks? Then the web is wrong when the address is Bismarck (2000 Schafer Street
Bismarck, ND (701) 222-0929). Nice try to slam Grand Forks.
http://www.nytimes.com/2001/06/27/us/national-briefing-plains-north-dakota-group-backs-state-name-change.html

I'm beginning to think you belong on ignore. So all those stupid laws proposed by the North Dakota legislature are Bismarck's fault?

Why don't you make your next post about NDSU v SDSU? In return, I'll stop being mean to the town even you won't live in... starting now. :)

From what little I've seen of SDSU's offensive line, they look like great run blockers... not sure how they do at protecting the passer though.

Can't wait for this game - two teams destined for the playoffs, settling their rivalry on the field. It doesn't get much better than that.

steelr7
November 8th, 2012, 12:40 PM
SDSU won't be able to depend on the run against NDSU & their improved passing game will steer them right to where the Bison want them. NDSU pulls away in the 2nd half & wins this one easily. Should be a fun atmosphere though, looking forward to attending.

THE HERD
November 8th, 2012, 01:32 PM
I think this is more of a rivalry to the players than us fans, because the guys playing today SDSU is really all they know. I'm sure they hear stories about the UND rivalry, but it probably doesn't mean much to them since they have never played them, although to us fans the NDSU/UND rivalry is much more intense even if we haven't played for a long time, because we were around for all of it. I think NDSU/UNI has the potential to turn into a NDSU/UND type of rivalry where there is pure hatred for the other team, but it is in its developemental stages at the moment. If we can get a few more Bison/Jacks clashes in the near future with the importance that this game Saturday has, that will really start to add a little something something to this rivalry, but as of now its largely a friendly rivalry in my eyes and the eyes of most of the fans. I know this because, once the playoffs start I know I will be pulling for SDSU as long as they aren't playing the Bison, but if UND were in the playoffs there is no way in hell I would ever pull for them to win and there in lyes the difference in the two rivalries...........a little bit of hate always makes a rivalry great.

darell1976
November 8th, 2012, 01:36 PM
I'm beginning to think you belong on ignore. So all those stupid laws proposed by the North Dakota legislature are Bismarck's fault?

Why don't you make your next post about NDSU v SDSU? In return, I'll stop being mean to the town even you won't live in... starting now. :)

From what little I've seen of SDSU's offensive line, they look like great run blockers... not sure how they do at protecting the passer though.

Can't wait for this game - two teams destined for the playoffs, settling their rivalry on the field. It doesn't get much better than that.

Ignore me all you want, but you blame Grand Forks for the chamber of commerce (located in Bismarck) proposing to change the state name. Blame Fargo too. Why single Grand Forks out. Oh I know why.

bisonboone11
November 8th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Can someone help me out please? The title of this thread led me to believe the topic was the NDSU vs SDSU game this Saturday, but the posts on the last few pages seem to indicate it has something to do with UND.

darell1976
November 8th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Can someone help me out please? The title of this thread led me to believe the topic was the NDSU vs SDSU game this Saturday, but the posts on the last few pages seem to indicate it has something to do with UND.

Tell the Bison fans not to drag UND into it. (post #240 was the beginning of the UND talk)

aces1180
November 8th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Tell the Bison fans not to drag UND into it. (post #240 was the beginning of the UND talk)

So you are the self-appointed UND message-board protector? JBBDarrel1976

moosbah
November 8th, 2012, 02:28 PM

And we have a Bingo!

AmsterBison
November 8th, 2012, 02:40 PM

And now you are on ignore. 3... 2... 1... aloha.

aces1180
November 8th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Bison win this game 31-13.

Twentysix
November 8th, 2012, 05:17 PM
And now you are on ignore. 3... 2... 1... aloha.

Aloha And mahalo for flying hawiian air! xhighfivex

Jacked_Rabbit
November 8th, 2012, 05:27 PM
5dimes released their FCS lines today, and NDSU is favored by 17 - right where I expected it to be... The more I think about it, if we lose this game I won't be extremely upset or surprised. I expect NDSU to win. They are the better team, better D, at home, etc, etc. I just really really hope we don't turn the ball over a bunch and get blown out like YSU did earlier this year. If we ended up losing by 40+ points, would there be a chance SDSU doesn't get included in the playoff field, even with an 8th D1 win over USD the following week?

Bison06
November 8th, 2012, 06:12 PM
5dimes released their FCS lines today, and NDSU is favored by 17 - right where I expected it to be... The more I think about it, if we lose this game I won't be extremely upset or surprised. I expect NDSU to win. They are the better team, better D, at home, etc, etc. I just really really hope we don't turn the ball over a bunch and get blown out like YSU did earlier this year. If we ended up losing by 40+ points, would there be a chance SDSU doesn't get included in the playoff field, even with an 8th D1 win over USD the following week?

I don't see SDSU losing by 40+ so I don't see the need to speculate on that set of circumstances, but even if that were to take place SDSU's resume is definitely good enough to be included in the playoff field provided you take care of business against USD.

The style of play that allows NDSU to overpower most other teams is usually lost on SDSU because we have such similar styles. I believe this year our defense will be the difference and I see our offense playing with good field position most of the day which will lead to an NDSU 2-3 score victory. I don't see the game being in hand until late in the 3rd or early in the 4th. SDSU always plays with a great deal of pride and always plays NDSU tough. I just think NDSU starts to get in playoff mode this week and next and starts to play like the team they are capable of being.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 8th, 2012, 07:13 PM

This game will not be a 40 point beatdown. It will probably be a 7-10 point game either way. Of course, I think the Bison will win but the Jacks can certainly beat the Bison.

Jacks will finish 9-2 or 8-3. No way they lose to USD. USD is not very good.

Jacks are in the playoffs at 8-3 or 9-2.

Southern Bison
November 8th, 2012, 09:08 PM
All hail the Mighty Bison.xbowx

I'm glad to see that darell finally pulled his head out of his ***. He's still flapping his lips alot on this thread about a game that doesn't involve him...perhaps he should close his legs.

Southern Bison
November 8th, 2012, 09:14 PM

If the Bison are favored by 17, I'd bet straight up but I wouldn't give a Jacks fan the spread. It's simply going to be a great MVFC matchup. Also, if a 40-point butt-whoopin' were to happen, the Jacks will still make the playoffs provided they get past USD.

NDSUstudent
November 9th, 2012, 07:29 AM

I agree with most of the level headed Bison fans that this game could go either way. I also think SDSU is locked into the playoffs with a win over USD no matter what happens this weekend.

georgecostanza
November 9th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Channel 608 is grayed out on DirecTV... Help!

Jacked_Rabbit
November 9th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Channel 608 is grayed out on DirecTV... Help!

Call them up, ask to speak to Retention, and tell the representative you want the sports package. It is $12 for the month, then you simply need to call back in and cancel it after 30 days. There is a $10 penalty for cancelling sooner than that.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 9th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Call them up, ask to speak to Retention, and tell the representative you want the sports package. It is $12 for the month, then you simply need to call back in and cancel it after 30 days. There is a $10 penalty for cancelling sooner than that.

Is it locally produced still? If so and it's still in standard def, I'm going to just bust out the webcast.

gotts
November 9th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Is it locally produced still? If so and it's still in standard def, I'm going to just bust out the webcast.

This.

Odds are good that it will be another ****ty produced broadcast. At least it's on though, right?

NoDak 4 Ever
November 9th, 2012, 10:03 AM
This.

Odds are good that it will be another ****ty produced broadcast. At least it's on though, right?

If you get FCS for free, by all means, watch it there. If not, give the 10 bucks to the NDSU athletic department for the webcast. If you really want to get by, try firstrow before you do anything. I watched the Mo State game last week there.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 9th, 2012, 02:17 PM
$12 for crystal clear HD on a 60 inch flat screen with DirecTv ... versus ... Fuzzy standard def on a 10 inch computer monitor for a couple bucks less.

Easy decision in my mind.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 9th, 2012, 02:19 PM
$12 for crystal clear HD on a 60 inch flat screen with DirecTv ... versus ... Fuzzy standard def on a 10 inch computer monitor for a couple bucks less.

What game this year have you actually seen in HD?

gotts
November 9th, 2012, 02:47 PM

Production will most certainly not be in HD.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 9th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Production will most certainly not be in HD.

That was my thought, unless they are shipping in the production from Fox, which is unlikely, they will be redistributing the crappy KVLY signal which will look exactly like my computer on that 60 inch tv.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 9th, 2012, 03:07 PM
My bad - didn't realize that.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 9th, 2012, 03:08 PM
My bad - didn't realize that.

Yeah, it's a total disappointment. It looks like such crap. I don't understand how they can still be like that in 2012.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 9th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Yeah, it's a total disappointment. It looks like such crap. I don't understand how they can still be like that in 2012.

Right? Standard Def is dead to me...

Grizalltheway
November 9th, 2012, 03:14 PM

Apparently technology reaches the Dakotas more slowly than it does Montana.xblehx

NoDak 4 Ever
November 9th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Apparently technology reaches the Dakotas more slowly than it does Montana.xblehx

Sadly, it's an out of state media company that is being super cheap. Unfortunately they own two of the tv stations in town.

Southern Bison
November 9th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Whatever shall I do??? I've been neg rep'd by darell. I guess I'll have to join him and cheer for the Whioux...the only one who's ever neg rep'd me after all those playoff weeks against GA Southern and SHSU.

Let me spell something out for you...Whioux suck, always have, always will. They're too chicken to play the Bison, can't fill that *****hole they call a dome, and they bent over for the NCAA.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 9th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Is there a color scheme for tomorrow's game??

Anyone in Bisonland know?

Twentysix
November 9th, 2012, 08:42 PM

Same as GSU. Green yellow alternate.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 9th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Same as GSU. Green yellow alternate.

Thanks 26.

Is it odd # section green and even..yellow?

Twentysix
November 9th, 2012, 08:46 PM
Thanks 26.

Is it odd # section green and even..yellow?

I am not sure, the NDSU facebook page has the photo with the description.

89rabbit
November 9th, 2012, 08:55 PM

Yellow and Blue! ;) xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 9th, 2012, 08:55 PM
I am not sure, the NDSU facebook page has the photo with the description.

I'm not on FB but I think my section was yellow last year for the GSU game.

89rabbit
November 9th, 2012, 08:56 PM
I'm not on FB but I think my section was yellow last year for the GSU game.

I looked for ya, you are Blue this year! Trust me. xthumbsupx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 9th, 2012, 09:12 PM
I looked for ya, you are Blue this year! Trust me. xthumbsupx

Thanks for caring......xrolleyesx

Twentysix
November 9th, 2012, 09:16 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/559376_10151313539114532_1595855944_n.jpg

Looks like SDSU is gonna knock Alabama out of the 2k classic! Go Jacks!

sgt smash
November 9th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Nodak4ever, I noticed you weren't at the Liveblog the other night. I was hoping to see you there. All political differences aside, I can appreciate what you bring to the board. As the chat ran its course, the end in of course brought out the score prediction question. In your absence, I posted a 54-21 Bison win on your behalf in keeping with your tradition thus far. Hope you dont mind and I like those numbers.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 10th, 2012, 06:49 AM
Nodak4ever, I noticed you weren't at the Liveblog the other night. I was hoping to see you there. All political differences aside, I can appreciate what you bring to the board. As the chat ran its course, the end in of course brought out the score prediction question. In your absence, I posted a 54-21 Bison win on your behalf in keeping with your tradition thus far. Hope you dont mind and I like those numbers.

Unfortunately I'm in eastern time so that started at 10:30 for me. Right around my bedtime. :).

As for this game. I genuinely don't see the Jacks being any more effective on offense than anyone else this week. Conversely, I also don't see Brock being as boneheaded this week either. Bison will be able to run the ball and execute a couple of good passes while flat out punching SDSU straight in the mouth at the line.

My prediction is 31-10 Bison. Call it whatever you want.

HandoEX
November 10th, 2012, 07:50 AM
NDSU will score in a kick return, and I think they will be avoiding Williams on kickoffs, so I'll go with Smith or Dudzik in a punt return TD.

Bison: 35
Bunnies: 6

/homer pick

In reality, I think this will be a nailbiter through three quarters with the Bison pulling away in the fourth. Jensen is going to have a big game.

i_got_a_fever
November 10th, 2012, 08:03 AM
NDSU will score in a kick return, and I think they will be avoiding Williams on kickoffs, so I'll go with Smith or Dudzik in a punt return TD.

Bison: 35
Bunnies: 6

/homer pick

In reality, I think this will be a nailbiter through three quarters with the Bison pulling away in the fourth. Jensen is going to have a big game.

I've been thinking the same thing for the Jacks. Trevor Tiefenthaler has been so close on taking one on many occasions this season. He is a burner.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 10th, 2012, 08:43 AM
I'm still pissed about the buzzer-beater loss at Alabama last night... If you Bison win this one today, you better enjoy it, because you're about to get a heavy dose of Nate Wolters during this looong cold winter hoops season!

If we get blown out, I'm going to be depressed and probably disappear from this site for a while. If we lose a close one, it will probably hurt even more, but atleast we should get a little respect out of the deal. And if we win, pick me up in jail, because I'm going streaking through my neighborhood blowing an air horn while carrying a huge SDSU flag!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 10th, 2012, 08:58 AM
I'm still pissed about the buzzer-beater loss at Alabama last night... If you Bison win this one today, you better enjoy it, because you're about to get a heavy dose of Nate Wolters during this looong cold winter hoops season!

If we get blown out, I'm going to be depressed and probably disappear from this site for a while. If we lose a close one, it will probably hurt even more, but atleast we should get a little respect out of the deal. And if we win, pick me up in jail, because I'm going streaking through my neighborhood blowing an air horn while carrying a huge SDSU flag!

Wolter's is the real deal for sure.

He is preseason 2nd team All-American in Sports Illustrated.

I'll cheer for any 'local' kid that is this good.

steelr7
November 10th, 2012, 10:08 AM
That SDSU BB game was a fun watch last night. I was hoping the Jacks pulled that one out.

Twentysix
November 10th, 2012, 10:58 AM
That SDSU BB game was a fun watch last night. I was hoping the Jacks pulled that one out.

I think everyone other than lakes was cheering for them last night.

i_got_a_fever
November 10th, 2012, 01:40 PM
http://vimeo.com/53224941

steelr7
November 10th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Just got to the FargoDome Go Bison!

GSUhooligan
November 10th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Is there a free video feed anywhere?

Grizalltheway
November 10th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Is there a free video feed anywhere?

I've tried thefirstrow, but it isn't up yet.xbangx

Drblankstare
November 10th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Jacks D holds the Bison to a fg, with a 1st and goal. 3-0 Bison in the first Qrt.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 10th, 2012, 02:53 PM
I've tried thefirstrow, but it isn't up yet.xbangx

nope. same here. I did get the Gobison feed a few weeks ago for SIU so I have that as a backup.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 10th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Jacks D holds the Bison to a fg, with a 1st and goal. 3-0 Bison in the first Qrt.

That was some crappy play selection inside the 5

Drblankstare
November 10th, 2012, 02:57 PM
That was some crappy play selection inside the 5

I agree, but I'm sure Vigen was scared about another long pick 6.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 10th, 2012, 02:58 PM
SDSU O line is getting owned

Drblankstare
November 10th, 2012, 03:02 PM
It's really early, but the Bison D looks real salty today, we'll see if that energy continues.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 10th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Ugh. I wish I knew what Brock was thinking with those passes

NoDak 4 Ever
November 10th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Make no mistake, this is the best D in the country, bar none.

Drblankstare
November 10th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Jacks fumble, Bison ball. First break goes to NDSU.

Drblankstare
November 10th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Next play TD pass from Jenson. 10-0 Bison, end of first

NoDak 4 Ever
November 10th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Next play TD pass from Jenson. 10-0 Bison, end of first

While short drives tire the D out, the Jacks offense is dying to do anything. This could get out of hand.

Drblankstare
November 10th, 2012, 03:16 PM
While short drives tire the D out, the Jacks offense is dying to do anything. This could get out of hand.

After the last few weeks, I would welcome a blowout. We'll see.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 10th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Fumbling deep inside your own territory is generally not a recipe for success on the road versus the #1 team in the Nation. This one could get ugly fast!

NoDak 4 Ever
November 10th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Bison offensive timidity is keeping SDSU in this game.

Drblankstare
November 10th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Both D's are playing well, but its obvious that the Bison O is playing super conservative.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 10th, 2012, 03:39 PM
That was a great pass. TD Jackrabbits.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 10th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Great catch by Hubert...

Drblankstare
November 10th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Amazing catch, Jacks are back in it. 10-7 Bison 2:43 left in the 2nd.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 10th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Fumble on the KO return. Jacks with a chance.

Drblankstare
Wow, bison fumble on the kickoff, Jacks ball.

Jacked_Rabbit
Jacks ball after fumbled kick return... 1-1 in TO's now.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 10th, 2012, 03:46 PM
I am feeling pretty good about their containment of Zenner.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 10th, 2012, 03:47 PM
FG Good. Tie Game.

Drblankstare
November 10th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Fg Jacks 10-10. Should be a great 2nd half.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 10th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Surprised the Jacks have weathered the storm after falling behind 10-0 early due to the big fumble which lead to directly to 7 pts...

NoDak 4 Ever
November 10th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Bohl not nearly pissed enough. I hope there's some screaming going on in that locker room.

steelr7
November 10th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Bison offense needs to find some rhythm in the 2nd half. Should be quite the half of football.

semobison
November 10th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Jacks QB is making plays with his feet, escaping the pressure and making plays. Bison D need to contain him!

NoDak 4 Ever
November 10th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Something needs to happen there.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 10th, 2012, 04:14 PM
SDSU's Top 10 ranked D isn't looking too bad right now...

Need Jensen to turn one over though.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 10th, 2012, 04:15 PM
I counted at least 2 blocks in the back on that return.

Drblankstare
November 10th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Teams trade punts to start 3rd qrt. Bison ball 10min left in 3rd

NoDak 4 Ever
November 10th, 2012, 04:19 PM
SDSU's Top 10 ranked D isn't looking too bad right now...

Need Jensen to turn one over though.

Doesn't hurt that the Bison offense is just a turd in a box right now.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 10th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Wow. Brock gets his groove back.

Drblankstare
November 10th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Jenson runs for 56 yards, into Jacks territory

Jacked_Rabbit
November 10th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Jenson runs for 56 yards, into Jacks territory

Still scratching my head about how we let this happen.... Ugh. That was tough to swallow.

Jacks need to hold NDSU to a FG here.

Drblankstare
November 10th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Fg Bison 13-10 NDSU

NoDak 4 Ever
November 10th, 2012, 04:29 PM
FG Bison.

NDSU 13
SDSU 10

Jacked_Rabbit
November 10th, 2012, 04:30 PM
I'd give my left nut for this to be a preview of the National Championship...

Ok, maybe not, but that'd be awesome for the Dakotas and MVFC. Great game thus far. 2 of the best (if not the 2 best) defenses in the Nation.

Drblankstare
November 10th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Still scratching my head about how we let this happen.... Ugh. That was tough to swallow.

Jacks need to hold NDSU to a FG here.

I don't think anyone saw that coming, but the Jacks D comes up with a big hold.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 10th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Is there a better team on 3rd down for defense?

Drblankstare
November 10th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Throw the ball away, please.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 10th, 2012, 04:36 PM
... I'm still patiently waiting for my Brock Jensen turnover... ... any day now... SHeesh. xeyebrowx

Drblankstare
November 10th, 2012, 04:38 PM
... I'm still patiently waiting for my Brock Jensen turnover... ... any day now... SHeesh. xeyebrowx

On cue

Drblankstare
Jenson throws a pick

Jacked_Rabbit
On cue

Wow, I guess! We needed that BAD.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 10th, 2012, 04:39 PM
thank god Vraa hung on. Jacks Offense can't do anything.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 10th, 2012, 04:39 PM
http://dedalvs.conlang.org/images/slipa/handshape/4.gif

Drblankstare
November 10th, 2012, 04:41 PM
I just don't understand how NDSU can continue to throw the ball while deep in opponents territory, when will they learn.

semobison
November 10th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Well...in this series, the winning teams QB hasnt thrown a pick since 2004! Thats gotta change now!

Drblankstare
November 10th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Worst punt ever, at least it didn't go backwards.:D

Jacked_Rabbit
November 10th, 2012, 04:44 PM
An 8 yard punt? WTF? hah xconfusedx

Drblankstare
November 10th, 2012, 04:48 PM
An 8 yard punt? WTF? hah xconfusedx

He booted that bad boy about 30 rows up into the stands. Poor kid, he'll hear about that one for awhile

Drblankstare
November 10th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Bison punt still 13-10. NDSU

NoDak 4 Ever
November 10th, 2012, 04:52 PM
I can't tell which is worse. The production or the announcers, both abysmal.

Drblankstare
November 10th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Big sack for the Bison, Jacks punting again.

Drblankstare
November 10th, 2012, 04:56 PM
I can't tell which is worse. The production or the announcers, both abysmal.

Are you getting the KVLY feed? If so, I agree

NoDak 4 Ever
November 10th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Jensen finally taking off. Needs to keep the defense honest.

Drblankstare
November 10th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Bison really leaning on the designed QB sneak this week. Bison driving, 5 min left

NoDak 4 Ever
November 10th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Bison really leaning on the designed QB sneak this week. Bison driving, 5 min left

If you're going to drop 7 in coverage, the QB needs to know he can run

Drblankstare
November 10th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Wow, Jacks get called for a late hit on Jenson, after stopping the Bison on 3rd. Of course they don't show a replay.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 10th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Wow, Jacks get called for a late hit on Jenson, after stopping the Bison on 3rd. Of course they don't show a replay.

This was the play of the game.... Would've held NDSU to a loooong field goal try. Instead, they can put the game away with a TD or run the clock out with 2 first downs. Damn.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 10th, 2012, 05:10 PM
I'm stunned that they haven't bounced more outside like that.

Drblankstare
November 10th, 2012, 05:11 PM
TD Ojuiri, 2:40 left. That should end it. 20-10 Bison

Drblankstare
November 10th, 2012, 05:13 PM
An illegal sub by the jacks set up that touchdown, the Bison were held again and were going for a FG attempt. That's rough

LeeshaJo
November 10th, 2012, 05:13 PM
what a bonehead pathetic mistake.... how do you do that???????

Drblankstare
November 10th, 2012, 05:15 PM
what a bonehead pathetic mistake.... how do you do that???????

It happened coming out of timeout also.

LeeshaJo
November 10th, 2012, 05:17 PM
It happened coming out of timeout also.

trust me... I know. Killing ourselves with stupid mistakes in the biggest game of the season. (*&^

Jacked_Rabbit
November 10th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Penalties doomed the Jacks today. Really dumb penalties, actually. Good win for NDSU. Hope we can beat USD next week and stil make the playoff field.

Best of luck the rest of the way!

NoDak 4 Ever
November 10th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Now they're just ruining their stats. Way to go D.

LeeshaJo
November 10th, 2012, 05:19 PM
why the hell can we move the ball this well in the last two minutes of the game but not the other 38 mins

Drblankstare
November 10th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Jacks not dead yet. TD pass from sumner 47 secs left. 20-17 Bison, onside kick coming up

NoDak 4 Ever
November 10th, 2012, 05:20 PM
why the hell can we move the ball this well in the last two minutes of the game but not the other 38 mins

Because the D is intentionally soft.

Drblankstare
November 10th, 2012, 05:21 PM

Agree, their so worried about giving up a quick TD, that they play soft and give up a quick TD anyway.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 10th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Well again, a look at the scoreboard doesn't tell the whole story. Bison pretty much in control the entire game. Defense is killer, unbelievable.

Win is a win.

LeeshaJo
November 10th, 2012, 05:23 PM

I am sure.. but it is just (*&(*&(*&(*&(*&(*&(*!!!!!!!! I hate losing because of stupid mistakes.

Good game NDSU. I am tired of walking around my house swearing the last two days.

Drblankstare
November 10th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Bison recover onside kick, game over. NDSU wins in a real tight game

Drblankstare
November 10th, 2012, 05:24 PM
I was really surprised how good that the Jacks D is. They can go far in the playoffs with a defense like that. Good game Jacks

AmsterBison
November 10th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Jackrabbits have an outstanding defense and their offense is great when it gets rolling.

The difference in this game was that SDSU self-destructed with penalties.

semobison
November 10th, 2012, 05:31 PM
The two penalties on the Jacks on our last drive were the difference on the scoreboard. Hard fought win!...Whew...

LeeshaJo
November 10th, 2012, 05:31 PM
I was really surprised how good that the Jacks D is. They can go far in the playoffs with a defense like that. Good game Jacks

Thank you. But I am so pissed at this moment I can hardly type civil. I put this loss on bonehead plays. BONEHEAD mistakes. Losing when you play straight up and lose because the other team was the better team that day is one thing... But for the most part this game was play for play... TWO IDIOT mistakes that kept that last drive going and it could be a different final. Not saying we would have won, But giving you two first downs after we had you stopped is completely unacceptable.

This game hurts.

LuckyKat
November 10th, 2012, 05:41 PM
An illegal sub by the jacks set up that touchdown, the Bison were held again and were going for a FG attempt. That's rough

WOW!, thats TUFF, since SHSU is takin care of business , im readin through this thread to see how the game went down, EGHHH

Hammerhead
November 10th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Both defenses looked good. Zeller wasn't much of a factor and the Jacks kept NDSU in check most of the game.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 10th, 2012, 05:49 PM
I'm not convinced that the ensuing drive after the 'maybe" stop would have been any more effective than any other drive. Zenner was a non factor, the WR's couldn't catch a pass to save their life, nothing on the Jacks O told me they would be any more successful against the Bison D.

The late TD by the Jacks was a result of a very soft prevent D, a straight up D effort would probably have produced a 3 and out.

skinny_uncle
November 10th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Congrats, Bison.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 10th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Jackrabbits have an outstanding defense and their offense is great when it gets rolling.

The difference in this game was that SDSU self-destructed with penalties.

+1 x 100,000!

344Johnson
November 10th, 2012, 06:20 PM

Well, what I am curious about is how you want them to move it the other twenty minutes?

Bisonator
November 10th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Good game jacks. Couple bad penalties probably cost you the game. Both teams have good defenses. Good luck in the playoffs unless you're playing us. Go bison!

Jacked_Rabbit
November 10th, 2012, 06:26 PM
I'm not convinced that the ensuing drive after the 'maybe" stop would have been any more effective than any other drive. Zenner was a non factor, the WR's couldn't catch a pass to save their life, nothing on the Jacks O told me they would be any more successful against the Bison D.

The late TD by the Jacks was a result of a very soft prevent D, a straight up D effort would probably have produced a 3 and out.

Sure, but can you not aknowledge the fact that multiple self-inflicted penalties basically cost SDSU big-time?! Can't help but wonder how this game would've played out had it been at SDSU...

The make-up of these two teams is eerily similar. Both have very good defenses (NDSU's is better, of course - not arguing that) and average O's that like to play a physial style of ball-control offense.

LeeshaJo
November 10th, 2012, 06:46 PM
Honestly, this was exactly the kind of game I expected where both D's battled it out. Both of the D's on the field today are top notch. There were several plays that could have changed the game. their reciever holding on to the jersy to save a pick six after the int, is huge. Just as a Jacks fan the mental errors at the end were unreal.

I wouldn't mind playing the Bison again if it means we are in the championship game :) that said, I don't want to go back to Fargo to play them. I don't think either offense looked good today, but both had instances where you could see how against an average D why they can put up scores. Zenner being held in check was big.

I however, do give the Jacks a lot of credit for not folding when NDSU went up 10-0 in the first. They really battled.

Not sure it was a fun game to watch because it was so intense. But for two plays it was a great battle though.

Congrats NDSU fans... enjoy the win.

bisonguy
November 10th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Great defensive battle, and I think the Jacks could do some damage in the playoffs.

That said, the Rock is staying in Fargo:

http://dehoff.smugmug.com/photos/i-S89fT5j/0/L/i-S89fT5j-L.jpg

Twentysix
November 10th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Very disappointed with the crowd. That was weakass noise for 49/50ths of the game.

Southern Bison
November 10th, 2012, 07:16 PM
This was the game I expected...I thought it'd be alot closer than the 17 points that the prognosticators gave us. SDSU has a strong defense and has the potential to go deep in the playoffs. Good Luck to ya'll as long as it's against someone else.

On to ILL State...

Gil Dobie
November 10th, 2012, 08:03 PM
It is this way for some Bison fans and even worse when we beat them. xlolx

Not today anyway ;)

Southern Bison
November 10th, 2012, 09:15 PM
Anyone checked on darell? Bison win and the Whioux losing to St. Cloud State on the ice...

NoDak 4 Ever
November 11th, 2012, 06:40 AM
Sure, but can you not aknowledge the fact that multiple self-inflicted penalties basically cost SDSU big-time?! Can't help but wonder how this game would've played out had it been at SDSU...

The make-up of these two teams is eerily similar. Both have very good defenses (NDSU's is better, of course - not arguing that) and average O's that like to play a physial style of ball-control offense.

I want to make this abundantly clear. All I am saying is that it is highly unlikely that the offense would have seen any success against the Bison D. Don't let that last drive fool you, that was atypical bend but don't break defense. The Bison play don't bend, don't break defense. To distill the entire game down to a couple of penalties do not do the game justice.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 11th, 2012, 06:47 AM
I want to make this abundantly clear. All I am saying is that it is highly unlikely that the offense would have seen any success against the Bison D. Don't let that last drive fool you, that was atypical bend but don't break defense. The Bison play don't bend, don't break defense. To distill the entire game down to a couple of penalties do not do the game justice.

SDSU had only 130 total yards until that last drive with the Bison playing a 'prevent' defense. I hate prevent defenses, all it does is step you up for failure.

BisonBabe
November 11th, 2012, 06:57 AM
Wow it was yet another great game yesterday. Both teams came to win but costly penalties hurt SDSU. I am not convinced that the results would have been different but I am sure glad that game is over. I was surprised I had a voice left after the game.

Regarding attendance I think that was hurt by the bad weather to the north & west as many did not make it to Fargo. Sure hope if SDSU makes it into the playoffs that we don't meet up until Frisco.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 11th, 2012, 07:00 AM
Wow it was yet another great game yesterday. Both teams came to win but costly penalties hurt SDSU. I am not convinced that the results would have been different but I am sure glad that game is over. I was surprised I had a voice left after the game.

Regarding attendance I think that was hurt by the bad weather to the north & west as many did not make it to Fargo. Sure hope if SDSU makes it into the playoffs that we don't meet up until Frisco.

SDSU is built for the playoffs:

Very good defense
Very good running game

NoDak 4 Ever
November 11th, 2012, 07:02 AM

I keep hearing that "not until Frisco" thing. I'm almost sure they will end up in the same end of the bracket. I remember something about the 1986 final with NDSU and USD where the NCAA was displeased. Going back and taking a cursory look at the FCS finals, no two teams from the same conference have met in the final to my knowledge. I'd love to be told differently, however.

THE HERD
November 11th, 2012, 07:05 AM
Penalties doomed the Jacks today. Really dumb penalties, actually. Good win for NDSU. Hope we can beat USD next week and stil make the playoff field.

Best of luck the rest of the way!

The Jacks will have no problem with the Yotes.

BisonBabe
November 11th, 2012, 08:03 AM
I keep hearing that "not until Frisco" thing. I'm almost sure they will end up in the same end of the bracket. I remember something about the 1986 final with NDSU and USD where the NCAA was displeased. Going back and taking a cursory look at the FCS finals, no two teams from the same conference have met in the final to my knowledge. I'd love to be told differently, however.

Not sure if it is possible but it sure would be a whale of a game :)

BisonBacker
November 11th, 2012, 08:42 AM
I waited till today to comment but two things came to mind watching yesterdays game. First SDSU has a good defense. But considering also how our offense has been playing I will reserve judgement on just how good a defense they have. Jensen has problems and has since the YSU game. I don't know what is going on in his head but he hasn't played a decent game since the YSU game. 80 yards of passing isn't going to get it done. Missing wide open receivers out of the backfield, passes that he would have completed last year easily he's now struggling with. I don't see us getting past the second round of the playoffs playing like we are now and expect those who purchased tickets to Frisco are either going to be going down to watch two different teams or looking to unload them to whomever will be looking. I hope I'm wrong but nothing I've seen our offense do in the last 5 weeks gives me reason to think otherwise.

BisonBacker
November 11th, 2012, 08:44 AM

Without those penalites Babe SDSU would have been toting the marker home to Brookings.

Bison06
November 11th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Without those penalites Babe SDSU would have been toting the marker home to Brookings.

I disagree completely. If they don't have the roughing the QB penalty we kick a field goal and go up 16-10, if they don't have the 12 men on the field we kick the field goal and go up 16-10. They have to drive the entire field on a defense that would have been much more aggressive and not sitting back if they only had a one score lead.

Yes, the penalties hurt, but I really don't think the outcome of the game would have been different without them.

BisonBacker
November 11th, 2012, 09:14 AM
I disagree completely. If they don't have the roughing the QB penalty we kick a field goal and go up 16-10, if they don't have the 12 men on the field we kick the field goal and go up 16-10. They have to drive the entire field on a defense that would have been much more aggressive and not sitting back if they only had a one score lead.

Yes, the penalties hurt, but I really don't think the outcome of the game would have been different without them.

Thats possible too. I just don't see where this team offensively is going to go anywhere in the playoffs playing like they have. SDSU is a good team but you can't keep relying on your defense to win you games. You have to remember that last year our defense was good but our offense gave them long breaks with the drives we put together on offense. When the opposing teams offense is on the sidelines your defense lookis pretty good xnodx but this year we have had more three and outs or incomplete/short drives that ended up in a punt and our defense has spent much more time on the field. Don't get me wrong I hope we get better offensively but unless that happens I see a GSU, Montana State you name it coming here and taking it to us. If they have a good defense and a good offense like the JMU team that came to Fargo last year we maybe sitting home to watch the rest of the playoffs and the championship game. Hope I'm wrong. Just wish Jensen would get his head on right.

Bison06
November 11th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Thats possible too. I just don't see where this team offensively is going to go anywhere in the playoffs playing like they have. SDSU is a good team but you can't keep relying on your defense to win you games. You have to remember that last year our defense was good but our offense gave them long breaks with the drives we put together on offense. When the opposing teams offense is on the sidelines your defense lookis pretty good xnodx but this year we have had more three and outs or incomplete/short drives that ended up in a punt and our defense has spent much more time on the field. Don't get me wrong I hope we get better offensively but unless that happens I see a GSU, Montana State you name it coming here and taking it to us. If they have a good defense and a good offense like the JMU team that came to Fargo last year we maybe sitting home to watch the rest of the playoffs and the championship game. Hope I'm wrong. Just wish Jensen would get his head on right.

You are absolutely correct about all of that and I have been on Bisonville trying to explain these same points since last night. Our team cannot survive turnovers very well because we aren't designed to score quickly. If Brock can't find a way to not throw picks(God help us if the take it back for six), throw the ball away when appropriate instead of running out of bounds for a 3 yard loss, and taking 10 yard sacks after he has been sitting in the pocket for 6 seconds than we are going to have a lot of trouble repeating.

The best thing about Brock is and always has been he is accurate and doesn't make mistakes, if you take those two things away, he becomes average at best.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 11th, 2012, 09:28 AM

That 41 yard field goal would've been no gimme! Your kicker is 2 for 5 on FG's from that range so far this year. Probably less than a 50% chance he makes it, so it could still been 13-10 with the Jacks ball at the 30 yard line. Not saying we would've marched the ball down the field to score the game winning TD, but we wouldn't have had to go far to get into field goal range for the tie.

There are a million different ways thing could've played out. Regardless, the Jacks had some costly penalties. Would we have won the game without them, probably not, but you never know.

I just hope we don't chocke on a d*ck and lose to USD this weekend. You know they'll be going for it on every 4th down, trying trick plays, and anything else they can do to keep us out of the playoffs.

Bison06
November 11th, 2012, 09:32 AM
That 41 yard field goal would've been no gimme! Your kicker is 2 for 5 on FG's from that range so far this year. Probably less than a 50% chance he makes it, so it could still been 13-10 with the Jacks ball at the 30 yard line. Not saying we would've marched the ball down the field to score the game winning TD, but we wouldn't have had to go far to get into field goal range for the tie.

There are a million different ways thing could've played out. Regardless, the Jacks had some costly penalties. Would we have won the game without them, probably not, but you never know.

I just hope we don't chocke on a d*ck and lose to USD this weekend. You know they'll be going for it on every 4th down, trying trick plays, and anything else they can do to keep us out of the playoffs.

Fair enough, but to say without those penalties SDSU wins the game isn't accurate. That's all I'm trying to say.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 11th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Fair enough, but to say without those penalties SDSU wins the game isn't accurate. That's all I'm trying to say.

Agreed. It wasn't like we'd been moving the ball up and down the field on your D, that's for sure!!

The make-up of our two teams is nearly identical. We both have great defenses that are going to keep us in any game, and unfortunately, have offenses that leave us scratching our head and begging for more production. With solid O-lines & good RB's, QB's/WR's capable of making big plays, not sure why we both continue to underperform... Frustrating, to say the least.

89rabbit
November 11th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Congrats Bison. See you in Brookings next year.

mmiller_34
November 11th, 2012, 12:50 PM
It was a great game. Hopefully SDSU will beat the crap out of USD next week and get an invitation to the postseason. However, with all the crazy stuff that has been happening lately, does an 8-3 SDSU team get in?

Jacked_Rabbit
November 11th, 2012, 01:16 PM
It was a great game. Hopefully SDSU will beat the crap out of USD next week and get an invitation to the postseason. However, with all the crazy stuff that has been happening lately, does an 8-3 SDSU team get in?

If NDSU would've beat us by 40, I would be more worried about not getting in. The fact that we just went into the Fargo Dome and hung with the Bisom makes me think the committee will have a hard time leaving us out. Even in a loss, we proved we are as good as anyone in the Nation.

DJKyR0
November 11th, 2012, 01:19 PM
If NDSU would've beat us by 40, I would be more worried about not getting in. The fact that we just went into the Fargo Dome and hung with the Bisom makes me think the committee will have a hard time leaving us out. Even in a loss, we proved we are as good as anyone in the Nation.

Win next week and the Jacks are in, period.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 11th, 2012, 01:29 PM

W/O a doubt SDSU is in it they win next week.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 11th, 2012, 01:32 PM
You are absolutely correct about all of that and I have been on Bisonville trying to explain these same points since last night. Our team cannot survive turnovers very well because we aren't designed to score quickly. If Brock can't find a way to not throw picks(God help us if the take it back for six), throw the ball away when appropriate instead of running out of bounds for a 3 yard loss, and taking 10 yard sacks after he has been sitting in the pocket for 6 seconds than we are going to have a lot of trouble repeating.

The best thing about Brock is and always has been he is accurate and doesn't make mistakes, if you take those two things away, he becomes average at best.

I have read your posts over on BV.

The Bison just played a nationally ranked defense......maybe, they have good players that make good plays too. The Bison are not going to win every game like they did agaisnt USD, PV or YSU. NDSU was going to get everyone's A game this year.....good.

The Bison offense is fine, it just needs to execute better. Brock esp.

sgt smash
November 11th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Mmiller and DJKyRo: thanks for doing that liveblog last week. That was fun.

sgt smash
November 11th, 2012, 01:36 PM
How the heck did USD hang with UNI yesterday?

NoDak 4 Ever
November 11th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Mmiller and DJKyRo: thanks for doing that liveblog last week. That was fun.

Make it a little earlier and I'm in.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

NoDak 4 Ever
November 11th, 2012, 01:43 PM

The Bison just played a nationally ranked defense......maybe, they have good players that make good plays too. The Bison are not going to win every game like they did agaisnt USD, PV or YSU. NDSU was going to get everyone's A game this year.....good.

This and has been said repeatedly, nobody plays D like The Valley

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 11th, 2012, 01:46 PM
This and has been said repeatedly, nobody plays D like The Valley

Yep...I agree.

This is why I like the Bison's chances in the playoffs........very good defense.

MTfan4life
November 11th, 2012, 01:47 PM
How the heck did USD hang with UNI yesterday?

The same way they hung with ISU-r and YSU and should have beaten MSU. A team isn't defined by one game.

Bison06
November 11th, 2012, 03:53 PM

I would agree with you if this were the only game he struggled in. He has been a liability the last 5 weeks, save for the USD game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 11th, 2012, 04:14 PM
I would agree with you if this were the only game he struggled in. He has been a liability the last 5 weeks, save for the USD game.

ya, it started with Indiana State...I'm sure his confidence has been shakin....

HandoEX
November 11th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Brock looked like someone ran over his puppy after the game. He isn't showing the moxy he had previously. It's painful to watch him struggle like this.

SDSU was tough. Sumner looked to be back to last year's form and that defense will win in the playoffs.

BisonBacker
November 12th, 2012, 05:55 AM

I was schocked to see they played UNI so close. That game with USD is a trap game for you guys. Win it and you were supposed to win it. Lose it and you are F'd.

BisonBacker
November 12th, 2012, 05:58 AM
Don't overestimate your ability to win (based on how you played NDSU this weekend) in the playoffs against teams that are playing like SHSU or GSU are right now. Either NDSU or SDSU getting in playing like we are right now are we both are going home. Playing tough against us right now isn't a measure of all that much. If it was Missouri State would be looking for an invite as they played us tough also. Just saying.

BisonBacker
November 12th, 2012, 06:01 AM
I also agree for those who said if SDSU wins next week you are in the playoffs. You guys certainly belong with an 8-3 record.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 12th, 2012, 06:04 AM
Don't overestimate your ability to win (based on how you played NDSU this weekend) in the playoffs against teams that are playing like SHSU or GSU are right now. Either NDSU or SDSU getting in playing like we are right now are we both are going home. Playing tough against us right now isn't a measure of all that much. If it was Missouri State would be looking for an invite as they played us tough also. Just saying.

BB...Missouri State has a pretty good defense.

Both SDSU/NDSU are 'built' for the playoffs. Very good defenses and good running games. Valley teams know each other really well, that is why games are close in most cases.

When teams have to play good defensive Valley teams....I'll take the Valley team.

IMO, there is nothing wrong with the offense in terms of play calling; it is execution or lack of that is the problem. Ya, it looks like Brock has lost some confidence but that goes back to execution.

Win or lose to Ill State, I still like the Bison's chances in the playoffs.

gotts
November 12th, 2012, 08:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n8LDUZskgg&list=UUo9BmRwSGifLu8jCbOgOK1w&index=1&feature=plcp

89rabbit
November 12th, 2012, 08:34 AM
I was schocked to see they played UNI so close. That game with USD is a trap game for you guys. Win it and you were supposed to win it. Lose it and you are F'd.

Trap game??? What are you talking about? We haven't played these guys since 2003. They put billboards up in Brookings 14 months ago about how they were going to have an old friend for dinner. We win this one and we are in the playoffs. Trap games happen when you don't give your next opponent your full attention. Trust me the Coyotes have our undivided attention. xnodx

darell1976
November 12th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Trap game??? What are you talking about? We haven't played these guys since 2003. They put billboards up in Brookings 14 months ago about how they were going to have an old friend for dinner. We win this one and we are in the playoffs. Trap games happen when you don't give your next opponent your full attention. Trust me the Coyotes have our undivided attention. xnodx

Good luck against your in-state rival.

BisonBacker
November 12th, 2012, 08:42 AM

Trap games are also games where you can't win (even if you win the game). Like I said Win the game and everyone says well they are a bottom feeder and you were supposed to win. Lose and you will likely be sitting at home watching the playoffs and will never hear the end of it. Given how they played UNI which shocked me I wouldn't be chalking this one up just yet. This is their season in a nutshell just as you put it. They have been looking at this one since last year waiting for it. Hence the 'Trap Game" comment. I hope you guys do win it. It would be better for the Valley if you do.

89rabbit
November 12th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Trap games are also games where you can't win (even if you win the game). Like I said Win the game and everyone says well they are a bottom feeder and you were supposed to win. Lose and you will likely be sitting at home watching the playoffs and will never hear the end of it. Given how they played UNI which shocked me I wouldn't be chalking this one up just yet. This is their season in a nutshell just as you put it. They have been looking at this one since last year waiting for it. Hence the 'Trap Game" comment. I hope you guys do win it. It would be better for the Valley if you do.

Still don't see it. Win and we can ask the Yotes "what is for dessert", and we go to the playoff. Those are good things to get when we win.

What you are describing is NDSU's Men's basketball team beating D-II Minnesota State - Moorhead in OT (after you lost to them last year). ;)

They played UNI tight at their place, we all know they are much better at home then they are on the road. They haven't won an away game in two seasons. That is why everyone in SD thought they were insane when they moved their game with NDSU from their Dome to Sioux Falls. They still wouldn't have beat you, but you wouldn't have beat them down like you did.

BisonBacker
November 12th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Still don't see it. Win and we can ask the Yotes "what is for dessert", and we go to the playoff. Those are good things to get when we win.

What you are describing is NDSU's Men's basketball team beating D-II Minnesota State - Moorhead in OT (after you lost to them last year). ;)

They played UNI tight at their place, we all know they are much better at home then they are on the road. They haven't won an away game in two seasons. That is why everyone in SD thought they were insane when they moved their game with NDSU from their Dome to Sioux Falls. They still wouldn't have beat you, but you wouldn't have beat them down like you did.

Just take care of business next week xthumbsupx

Go Bison
November 12th, 2012, 10:53 AM

The basketball game you are referencing is/was an exhibition game that really doesn't count. Your game against USD counts and I would say if somehow SDSU manages to lose then you don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 12th, 2012, 11:16 AM
The basketball game you are referencing is/was an exhibition game that really doesn't count. Your game against USD counts and I would say if somehow SDSU manages to lose then you don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

We all agree with you... Fortunately, we WILL NOT lose this game. We simply cannot allow it to happen. If we had already ruined our chances of making the playoffs, I could see us coming out flat - feeling sorry for ourselves - and maybe overlooking them. This simply won't happen. There is going to be so much energy at Coughlin, with so much on the line. The attendance record will get BLOWN AWAY, and the Jacks D will not allow USD to score enough points to win the game.

Go Bison
November 12th, 2012, 12:09 PM
We all agree with you... Fortunately, we WILL NOT lose this game. We simply cannot allow it to happen. If we had already ruined our chances of making the playoffs, I could see us coming out flat - feeling sorry for ourselves - and maybe overlooking them. This simply won't happen. There is going to be so much energy at Coughlin, with so much on the line. The attendance record will get BLOWN AWAY, and the Jacks D will not allow USD to score enough points to win the game.

Agreed. SDSU will not lose to USD. One of the offensive lineman for NDSU said that the Jacks front four were the best defensive line they played this year. Most of the times the Jacks were rushing 4 and still getting sacks. I couldn't believe the time the Jacks player jumped offsides(NDSU should have hiked the ball) then got back and still got the sack. Impressive performance by the Jacks D.

moosbah
November 12th, 2012, 02:43 PM

Losing to the Yotes is like, well......losing to the Yotes. I know they think they'll be up for the spoiler role, but from what everyone saw out of your squad this past weekend, you should easily win that game. IF you should lose that game, go ahead and take a year off.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 12th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Losing to the Yotes is like, well......losing to the Yotes. I know they think they'll be up for the spoiler role, but from what everyone saw out of your squad this past weekend, you should easily win that game. IF you should lose that game, go ahead and take a year off.

I will have no choice but to take a year off, as I will either be locked up in the Brookings county jail for starting a riot or at a mental health hospital down in Sioux Falls... xcrazyx

Losing this game would dwarf any other loss in program - make that SCHOOL - history. I won't even allow myself to think there is a possibility we could lose this game!

Professor Chaos
November 12th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Maybe this rivalry is starting to get a little less friendly: Bison lose Perry for the season to knee injury (http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/380199/group/homepage/)

That's a 3 year starter at DT out for the stretch run. Video of how it happened at the 14:33 mark here: http://www.valleynewslive.com/story/20066409/cr

Injuries happen but this one leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Cheap shot or no? You make the call.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 12th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Maybe this rivalry is starting to get a little less friendly: Bison lose Perry for the season to knee injury (http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/380199/group/homepage/)

That's a 3 year starter at DT out for the stretch run. Video of how it happened at the 14:33 mark here: http://www.valleynewslive.com/story/20066409/cr

Injuries happen but this one leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Cheap shot or no? You make the call.

That's pretty indefensible. I can't beat you up high so I'll take your knee out.

Bison06
November 12th, 2012, 03:03 PM

Against the rules, no.

Unneccessary and against the unwritten rules, absolutely.

Offensive lineman take a lot of pride in a good ACL tear after a cut block from my memories of college ball. He is probably getting a pat on the back as we speak.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 12th, 2012, 03:06 PM

I haven't seen the replay yet, so I should probably withold judgement.

Without seeing if there was malintent, I'd say this is simply a part of the game, unfortunately... We lost one of our starting OT's the week prior at SIU. It happens.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 12th, 2012, 03:08 PM
This is simply a part of the game, unfortunately... We lost one of our starting OT's the week prior at SIU. It happens.

uh huh. I'll bet it helped out that it was guy who was consistently hitting Zenner for a loss.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 12th, 2012, 03:20 PM
uh huh. I'll bet it helped out that it was guy who was consistently hitting Zenner for a loss.

Like I said (after edit), I haven't seen the replay yet, so I probably shouldn't have commented yet. Nobody likes to see someone get hurt and lost for the year, regardless if it is your biggest rival or worst enemy. Feel bad for the guy.

moosbah
November 12th, 2012, 03:20 PM

While it certainly is a crappy deal, I don't really see that as a cheap shot. It's unfortunate to be sure, but that sort of thing happens. Big loss for us.

Get well soon Perry!!!

Them's some big shoes to fill on our line!!!

gotts
November 12th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Like I said (after edit), I haven't seen the replay yet, so I probably shouldn't have commented yet. Nobody likes to see someone get hurt and lost for the year, regardless if it is your biggest rival or worst enemy. Feel bad for the guy.

It was an unnecessary block by Alex Parker. I guess if you can't beat them high, just chop them at the knee behind the pile.

Twentysix
November 12th, 2012, 05:16 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuPds1Lyft4&feature=share

May be what you are looking for. Not sure.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 12th, 2012, 05:21 PM
I don't see any intent to injure there at all... Assumed maybe Perry was engaged with another lineman when Parker went low on him, but that isn't even the case. This is just an example playing hard to the whistle and going low when it probably wasn't necessary. If you solely watched interior line play on every play of the game, you'd see stuff like this dozens of times throughout any football game. Again, feel terrible for #69, he is a heck of player!

Bisonoline
November 12th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Kid was playing to the whistle. He was fighting high then went low to cut him. That technique has been used for years. Nothing the matter with that. Its football.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 12th, 2012, 05:34 PM
It was an unnecessary block by Alex Parker. I guess if you can't beat them high, just chop them at the knee behind the pile.

This.

Pretty chicken**** if you ask me.

Bisonoline
November 12th, 2012, 05:37 PM
Perry was still pursuing the play. The pile was very close to where the block was thrown. The cut block is just another weapon-tool. Nothing the matter with that block.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 12th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Perry was still pursuing the play. The pile was very close to where the block was thrown. The cut block is just another weapon-tool. Nothing the matter with that block.

Pin a medal on him for taking out the guy who was beating him so badly all over the field then. Pat on the back.

wow
November 12th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Pin a medal on him for taking out the guy who was beating him so badly all over the field then. Pat on the back.

I'm no football expert, but it didn't look like he was beating him that play...

How exactly was Parker supposed to know what was happening behind his back?

For all he knew, Zenner was running laterally trying to avoid tacklers. The whistle hadn't blown, keep blocking/playing until it does. Any fan of the mighty Bison should understand this concept.

Bison06
November 12th, 2012, 05:56 PM
I'm no football expert, but it didn't look like he was beating him that play...

How exactly was Parker supposed to know what was happening behind his back?

For all he knew, Zenner was running laterally trying to avoid tacklers. The whistle hadn't blown, keep blocking/playing until it does. Any fan of the mighty Bison should understand this concept.

I agree, there was nothing dirty about it and nothing wrong with a guy playing to the whistle. Injuries happen, no need to make more out of it than it is.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 12th, 2012, 06:03 PM

hahahahaahaha!! xlolx

Nobody is patting him on the back or showering him with flowers... Injuries happen, man. Really just sucks it had to happen to one of your better players.

Bisonoline
November 12th, 2012, 06:05 PM

Didnt look like he was getting beat. The blocker was between Perry and the ball carrier. Yes he took him out of the play. Thats what he was supposed to do. Its unfortunate that Perry got injured. But thats football.