PDA

View Full Version : Appalachian State at Georgia Southern, Mr. C's Official Game Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Eaglesrus
November 5th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Gnatsboro?

At least that's more accurate.

soweagle
November 5th, 2012, 12:43 PM
About the celebrating, I'm fine with it, but the reason i brought it up was in response to an App fan saying that they were being respectful by waiting to do stuff until after the Alma Mater and I just wanted to make a point that it wasn't really waiting when they are jumping up and down during the alma mater and that it was the coaches and not the Players doing it. The coaches should be the ones keeping their cool and showing the respect.

I grew up at football games and it has ALWAYS been made aware that it was appropriate to sit down and get quiet out of respect. I don't know if it is a southern thing, I don't think it is a "RULE" but I have always known this.

Also, I don't think too many of us think honestly that the game was lost by the Refs. Its more just annoying that they made so much of an impact of some small results.

Understood regarding the post game celebration.

The sitting down is new to me and I've lived in the south all my life and gone to ball games all my life (just turned 40). I've always known to be quiet but never seen or heard anything about sitting down. In fact I've only noticed it being practiced at GSU games the last couple of years.

cbarrier90
November 5th, 2012, 12:49 PM
GSU did give the world Zaxby's, and for that I am thankful... xnodx

GSUEagles#1
November 5th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Understood regarding the post game celebration.

The sitting down is new to me and I've lived in the south all my life and gone to ball games all my life (just turned 40). I've always known to be quiet but never seen or heard anything about sitting down. In fact I've only noticed it being practiced at GSU games the last couple of years.

Maybe it has to do with being in band/playing in rec league where I learned it. With both we were always instructed to sit when a player was hurt. at the school i went to growing up, all players would get on one knee, cheerleaders would sit, and the fans would sit. While in band in High School we would actually get in trouble from our director for not sitting. maybe it was just my city who knows.

GSUEagles#1
November 5th, 2012, 12:51 PM

At least you understand that! UGA likes to take that claim! Had a best friend who worked there in the 'boro and they had GSU students try to tell her it was started in Athens.

GSUEagles#1
November 5th, 2012, 12:54 PM
https://twitter.com/GSU_Queen

Good job to whomever created it at App!!! Funny that the account was opened App State weekend and all posts relate to App State. Oh! And it ended on Saturday night! interesting.....

cbarrier90
November 5th, 2012, 12:56 PM
At least you understand that! UGA likes to take that claim! Had a best friend who worked there in the 'boro and they had GSU students try to tell her it was started in Athens.

Probably because the short Zaxby's story on the side of their cups credits Athens as the founding location.

It's fitting that, much to my chagrin, there is no Zaxby's here in Boone. xlolx

GSUEagles#1
November 5th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Probably because the short Zaxby's story on the side of their cups credits Athens as the founding location.

The cups say Statesboro, but their headquarters is in Athens which is also on there.

Eagle11
November 5th, 2012, 01:04 PM

That's something we can agree on. I'd probably drink Zax Sauce for breakfast if my old lady would let me.

eaglewraith
November 5th, 2012, 01:40 PM
They WAITED? The entire Alma Mater the coaches were chest bumping each other and players. I don't care who wins or loses, at Chatt, Furman, and Western this year we went near the opposing team before EVER celebrating. (Aside from the typical seconds coming off the clock celebrating) As someone who sits on the homeside I could not even look at my team during the alma mater on Saturday without seeing COACHES jumping up and down celebrating during it. Coaches are the role Models and should act like it.

This. I was surprised to see assistant coaches jumping around doing chest bumps during the Alma Mater. Kudos to the players though, they were being respectful.

One of the same coaches that was acting a fool during the Alma Mater came over to the sidelines yelling at our fans and beating his chest. I wouldn't be surprised to see a player doing this, as they did taunt our fans a little as time was expiring (not upset about that although I wasn't happy about it), but to see coaches behaving that way is a little disappointing.

Rekdiver
November 5th, 2012, 01:44 PM
This. I was surprised to see assistant coaches jumping around doing chest bumps during the Alma Mater. Kudos to the players though, they were being respectful.

One of the same coaches that was acting a fool during the Alma Mater came over to the sidelines yelling at our fans and beating his chest. I wouldn't be surprised to see a player doing this, as they did taunt our fans a little as time was expiring (not upset about that although I wasn't happy about it), but to see coaches behaving that way is a little disappointing.

If you review the ESPN3 video you wil see Jerry Moore coming over to the players and telling them to cool it before their prayer while the GoSo Alma Mater was being played.

GSUEagles#1
November 5th, 2012, 01:53 PM
If you review the ESPN3 video you wil see Jerry Moore coming over to the players and telling them to cool it before their prayer while the GoSo Alma Mater was being played.

Good for him I think he is a great guy, but once again y'all think that what one person does erases everything else. He might have said cool it, but the 4-5 coaches jumping up and down chest bumping the entire time was rude. I'm sure he also talked to those coaches afterwards too, but the ADULTS should have enough restraint to cool it until the end of the home school's Alma Mater/Tradition. I couldn't tell if the players were having a talk or already having the prayer while sitting there, but at least they were quiet about it until the Alma Mater finished.

And this isn't a comment about rudeness and what it right or wrong as i had no problem with it, but I sure I hope I NEVER have to see an App Player jump on our brick wall again! xbawlingx

eaglewraith
November 5th, 2012, 01:57 PM

You'll notice I didn't speak ill of the players.

Rekdiver
November 5th, 2012, 02:02 PM
And I will tell you when Presume got hurt in 2009 there were a lot of very concerned people in Boone that weren't from south Georgia. If anyone cheered they were quickly hushed up. We cheered the hit but not the injury. And the reason we poke at you on the board now is because its much safer from a distance that to have some moron with a stick and a Confederate flag wavng it toward you. And I've been to Paulsen before so I can comment all I want...you moron (said like the guy in Animal House).

All crap aside....Your football team is very good. You got caught by penalities, some questionable calls, a crappy pass defense and a freshman kicker who I really feel for and a hungry Appalachian team. As a former Carolina Panthers coach once said " You picked a bad day to have a bad day" I hope Russell is okay, he's a beast and i hope we don't have to play you again this year.

ASUMountaineer
November 5th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Yeah, they should have handled things in a more mature manner. Like attacking the visiting team's bus with goal posts. Or taunting the opposing team when a player is injured. Everybody has bad fans, but the way App fans deny any instance of their fans behaving poorly while categorizing entire fan bases on the actions of their bad minority is mind boggling.

Except not all ASU fans do that. Generalizations are often fun, and wrong! xnodx

Apphole
November 5th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Good job to whomever created it at App!!! Funny that the account was opened App State weekend and all posts relate to App State. Oh! And it ended on Saturday night! interesting.....

I think the appfan.com guys made it. And at least it wasn't deleted right after the game like @App_State_Hate. Whoever made that one was NOT hungry for crow.

Apphole
November 5th, 2012, 02:08 PM

If condiments are what you're after, Comeback Shack is the place. The chicken tenders are better than Zaxby's and fittingly, Comeback Sauce > Zax sauce. Not to mention the burgs.

eaglewraith
November 5th, 2012, 02:13 PM
If condiments are what you're after, Comeback Shack is the place. The chicken tenders are better than Zaxby's and fittingly, Comeback Sauce > Zax sauce. Not to mention the burgs.

Bet Raising Cane's is better. Closest one to here is in Athens though, and I can't bring myself to descend into the depths of hell for some chicken.

GSUEagles#1
November 5th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Just ONE MORE TIME....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8l6LJBSsu4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8l6LJBSsu4

ASUMountaineer
November 5th, 2012, 02:16 PM
we are doing just fine for a team picked to finish 8th. We win with class and we lose with class. That cannot be said for either of y'all. How's that small and or private arguement working for you?

http://images.thetruthaboutcars.com/2008/11/vmi-cheerleader.jpg

Class apparently = fighting girls. xnodx

Correction: Class apparently = getting beaten up by girls.

Duly noted.

eaglewraith
November 5th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Question for App fans:

Were you as confused by me as our willingness to blitz everyone except the secondary on just about every play? Leaving our corners on an island made the job for your receivers that much easier.

Our DL is strong enough they shouldn't have needed to blitz EVERY down. We've covered downfield well enough this year to give our DL that extra second or 2 to get through the pocket to the QB. We burned ourself on blitzes way too much. I don't have much hair left, but our defensive gameplan about made me pull the rest of it out.

GlassOnion
November 5th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Blitzing is probably the best. Either way, a reciever or two will get open. Wait till next year when all recievers return, Jackson returns, and 22 OL on the roster return. Offensive juggernaught. Period.

eaglewraith
November 5th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Blitzing is probably the best. Either way, a reciever or two will get open. Wait till next year when all recievers return, Jackson returns, and 22 OL on the roster return. Offensive juggernaught. Period.

We didn't need to blitz to generate pressure though. We left too many areas of the field open by doing that, and as such Jackson had an easy read to make and got rid of the ball quick. We didn't really have time to get through before the ball was out of there.

ASUMountaineer
November 5th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Who cares! FBS schools show replays 5-10 times during the much needed REVIEW process. App is just whining because it was obvious his foot was out of bounds and all of 22,000 people knew it and expressed that they knew it. This is all contributing to people being BABIES! Same reason why during braves games at turner field, they don't show any replays. Show the replay, let people get mad! Its LIFE!

I just want ONE App State fan to admit to ONE of the bad calls on GSU. I am a FIRM believer that you can't say we would have won if.... The only thing we can say is, we would have won if we scored those THREE FGs. The out of bounds... eh he could have scored the next play... I understand that, there is no excuse for missing 3 25-yard FGs, but the officiating was terrible and changed the entire momentum.

Here you go. I thought it should have been a safety. The not-OOB call was too close to tell, and even with replay may not have been overturned (most likely not confirmed either). My guess would be, in a replay situation, the refs would have ruled that the play "stands as called," which means there's not enough video evidence to confirm or overturn.

GlassOnion
November 5th, 2012, 02:40 PM
We didn't need to blitz to generate pressure though. We left too many areas of the field open by doing that, and as such Jackson had an easy read to make and got rid of the ball quick. We didn't really have time to get through before the ball was out of there.

You'd have just had more guys burned in coverage. The App recieving corps is the best in FCS, bar none.

asumike83
November 5th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Question for App fans:

Were you as confused by me as our willingness to blitz everyone except the secondary on just about every play? Leaving our corners on an island made the job for your receivers that much easier.

Our DL is strong enough they shouldn't have needed to blitz EVERY down. We've covered downfield well enough this year to give our DL that extra second or 2 to get through the pocket to the QB. We burned ourself on blitzes way too much. I don't have much hair left, but our defensive gameplan about made me pull the rest of it out.

I was a little surprised by that as well. My biggest concern going into the game was how our OL was going to hold up. If I were GSU, I'd make those guys prove they can stop the DL from getting a push before I got too blitz-happy. We have a very deep, talented group of receivers that would have likely made some plays either way but having more linebackers dropping back could have helped limit the big plays.

However, I will give our OL some credit as well. They really held their own much better than I expected.

ASUMountaineer
November 5th, 2012, 02:46 PM
If it happened in Statesboro, your boys would be declaring GSU to be a member of the Axis of Evil. App fans do something stupid and you guys always have a great excuse. Somebody from GSU makes a drunken mistake and you guys want to crucify somebody. I have yet to see an App fan ever admit to a specific incident of hooliganism, yet you guys want to make any intoxicated fool from GSU out to be the prototypical GSU fan.

I'm sorry, where was his "excuse?" Both of us have bad apples, both of us have great fans. What about it?

eaglewraith
November 5th, 2012, 02:48 PM
I was a little surprised by that as well. My biggest concern going into the game was how our OL was going to hold up. If I were GSU, I'd make those guys prove they can stop the DL from getting a push before I got to blitz-happy. We have a very deep, talented group of receivers that would have likely made some plays either way but having more linebackers dropping back could have helped limit the big plays.

Definitely would have minimized those drags across the middle. We were giving ya'll tons of space underneath and putting the corners on an island with some pretty big guys and not much high safety coverage.

For GlassOnion above (not going to quote the arrogance he posted), we'd have minimized big plays and compressed the field, especially in the redzone. That's how we've made our living on defense all year and it worked pretty good for us. We just decided to completely ignore that Saturday.

Also, under Jack Curtis we've done a HORRIBLE job of disguising blitzes and pressure. That's the thing that drove ya'll crazy in 2010, Brent Pry was dialing up blitzes at the right time and had you guessing where it was coming from. I really wish we could get back to that.

ASUMountaineer
November 5th, 2012, 02:53 PM
About the celebrating, I'm fine with it, but the reason i brought it up was in response to an App fan saying that they were being respectful by waiting to do stuff until after the Alma Mater and I just wanted to make a point that it wasn't really waiting when they are jumping up and down during the alma mater and that it was the coaches and not the Players doing it. The coaches should be the ones keeping their cool and showing the respect.

I grew up at football games and it has ALWAYS been made aware that it was appropriate to sit down and get quiet out of respect. I don't know if it is a southern thing, I don't think it is a "RULE" but I have always known this.

Also, I don't think too many of us think honestly that the game was lost by the Refs. Its more just annoying that they made so much of an impact of some small results.

To be fair, I believe he was speaking to the fans that stopped cheering until the alma mater was finished.

As to sitting down, I'm unaware that it is common to do that. A lot of times, people stand to see. I personally don't have a desire to stare at an injured player. I usually sit down and say a quick prayer that he's ok. That's just me.

ASUMountaineer
November 5th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Question for App fans:

I was. I understand beginning the game blitzing, but not continuing to do so after getting burned doing it. Your corners were struggling to keep up with our WR's, I kept wondering when GSU would drop in coverage and force us to beat you guys with the ground game. Perhaps they felt dropping LB's, or going DIME, wouldn't have helped...so, stick with trying to rush JJ. Either way, ASU's passing O had a field day.

ASUMountaineer
November 5th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Here are my thoughts.
The refs made a bad call on the safety but how the heck did our defense let the next play happen? Again, our defense let that happen.

We missed 3 field goals, app missed one- 6 point difference.

The receiver did step out of bounds but this was after a missed tackle, our defense should not have let this happen

I still can't figure out what our students were so upset about when Russell was down. I was at the top of section K and saw nothing out of line by the App fans. I might have missed something but the only argument I see is they didn't sit down. I've never heard that you had to sit down when a player was injured. I do like the fact that the sutdents at GSU do this our of respect and I've seen it done for both our players and opposing players. However this is not a common thing among all football fans.

We had no answer for Price and one of the other receivers.

Our d line kept us in the game

Officials did not cost us the game

Other than the students yelling at the ASU fans during Russel's injury, I saw nothing out of line by GSU fans.

I agree with one App fan that stadium was quite yesterday for some odd reason (minus the blown saftey call).

Not sure what the big deal with the App players and coaches celebrating on the field after a big win for them. I take it as a sign of respect and they must feel the better team lost today. Moore actually said (paraphrasing here) that this was as a big a win as Michigan. Let them celebrate, who cares. If we don't want them celebrating on our turf, win the dang ball game. I did not see anything out of line but maybe I missed something.

These pictures make it much less definitive than many GSU fans would have us believe.

However, your post is solid. xsmileyclapx

ASUMountaineer
November 5th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Ya that was 22,153 (i think) and you are crazy if it didn't look that way. From the visitors side you can't see the student section which is usually stacked up as about 3 students/seat. the reason i only says 22,000 is because the 150-200 over 22,000 were app fans who won't even support their team and travel with them! Sad!

We took more to Western than you brought here.... WESTERN!

Really? C'mon man, you're better than that. xsmhx

ASUMountaineer
November 5th, 2012, 03:06 PM
No, but it's a better that 50/50 bet that the left front of his shoe is on the line. Doesn't matter now anyway, but it sure leaves the door open for conversation.

Unfortunately, there's no way you can prove such odds. It is clear that the majority of his foot was in bounds, the front is obviously the part in question, but from the views that would have been available to replay officials, I'm not sure it's definitive.

ASUMountaineer
November 5th, 2012, 03:08 PM
what happened the LAST TIME we played? you're wrong about hating you as you haven't been around long enough to foster those feelings. our 66th meeting with vmi is on sat followed by our 76th meeting with furman. when you have played that long you will understand what hate is.

CITDOG: This season is the only season that matters!

CITDOG: You can't understand hate unless you have at least 6 decades of results!

xlolx

I am glad Citdog is back!

I hope you enjoy watching ASU and GSU in the playoffs from your couch!

MasonJar
November 5th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Yeah, I've never heard obscenities or had anything thrown at me while in Boone /sarcasm. You App guys sure do know how to take the "my **** don't stink" attitude about everything. That goal post assault incident? That was an accident! Bum rushing the visiting team after a game and throwing their food on the ground? Also an accident! Throwing stuff at visiting bands? That's because they had the audacity to play their fight song! You guys are nucking futts in your ability to deny any wrongdoing by your own people while slinging muck everywhere else.

Have you ever tried to steer a goal post?
Just sayin'...

mountaineerman
November 5th, 2012, 03:39 PM
If we can replace our running backs with halloway ,we return four of the best receivers in the countryalong with jamal back. Haands down we should be the best offense in the country.

eaglewraith
November 5th, 2012, 03:42 PM
I was. I understand beginning the game blitzing, but not continuing to do so after getting burned doing it. Your corners were struggling to keep up with our WR's, I kept wondering when GSU would drop in coverage and force us to beat you guys with the ground game. Perhaps they felt dropping LB's, or going DIME, wouldn't have helped...so, stick with trying to rush JJ. Either way, ASU's passing O had a field day.

Yea no problem with probing with a blitz or two here and there...but every single down? We should have been dropping guys back in coverage and keeping everything in front of us. We gave up WAY too many big plays.

Jack Curtis had given me a little bit of faith in him earlier this year after I didn't like his management of the defense last year, but this game just shredded all that.

Eagle22
November 5th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Isn't this game over ?

Horseshoe App
November 5th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Thank you

Isn't this game over ?

proasu89
November 5th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Isn't this game over ?

Yes, and in other news, The Citadel just scored again!

GSUEagles#1
November 5th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Here's an honest question.... Why did App's mountain man (Mascot) go and change out of his costume in the middle of the 4th Quarter? I saw him go to the locker room and never come back midway through the 4th Qtr and then never saw him when the game was over... I thought it was strange... Not to mention that for a lot of the game he was in front of the GA Southern Section (the one between visitors and students)...

Skjellyfetti
November 5th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Couldn't really tell at the game whether he was in or not... because Georgia Southern has a tiny little "jumbotron"... xlolx but, looks in to me from these shots.

Certainly not indisputable that he was out. xcoffeex

http://www.appfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/proof.jpg

http://www.goasu.com/pics32/640/GL/GLBSHHJNUDQGOVI.20121103224509.jpg

Eagle11
November 5th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Couldn't really tell at the game whether he was in or not... because Georgia Southern has a tiny little "jumbotron"... xlolx but, looks in to me from these shots.

Certainly not indisputable that he was out. xcoffeex

http://www.appfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/proof.jpg

http://www.goasu.com/pics32/640/GL/GLBSHHJNUDQGOVI.20121103224509.jpg

For a team that won, you guys sure feel the need to justify the victory.

Skjellyfetti
November 5th, 2012, 09:55 PM

Not justifying the victory, just putting teary eyed Georgia Southern fans in their place. Had to do the same thing last year. Goes with the territory of knocking off Georgia Southern.

http://oi48.tinypic.com/2j5dmoh.jpg
http://oi50.tinypic.com/25i6e1k.jpg

Apphole
November 5th, 2012, 10:33 PM

Pretty justified considering the 40+ pages of ref blaming and childish sore losership. Take a page from the book of the older, dignified portion of your fan base an accept that you lost fair and square.

Eagle11
November 5th, 2012, 10:36 PM
Pretty justified considering the 40+ pages of ref blaming and childish sore losership. Take a page from the book of the older, dignified portion of your fan base an accept that you lost fair and square.

Explain to me how I haven't accepted that we lost fair and square.
Point to one post where I've blamed the refs or anything along those lines. You can pull up all of my previous posts on this site if you need to.

Now you take a page from the same book and take your win in a dignified manner and quit trying to one up everybody on the site.

GATA_OneMoreTime
November 5th, 2012, 10:41 PM
This has been quite the pissing match.

cbarrier90
November 5th, 2012, 10:48 PM
This has been quite the pissing match.

Alas, not even Zaxby's could divert the discussion down a more positive path...

GATA_OneMoreTime
November 5th, 2012, 11:03 PM

It was a valiant effort though.

citdog
November 6th, 2012, 12:53 AM

should have mentioned fried twinkies or dukes mayo

seantaylor
November 6th, 2012, 02:10 AM
Bet Raising Cane's is better. Closest one to here is in Athens though, and I can't bring myself to descend into the depths of hell for some chicken.

Raising Cain's is terrible. Doesn't hold a candle to Zaxbys. Never heard of the rube shack the Appys are throwing out.

Rekdiver
November 6th, 2012, 08:51 AM
should have mentioned fried twinkies or dukes mayo

Wait...don't I hear some cannon reports out in the harbour? Quick Citdog, man the battlements the Yankees are coming................

Apphole
November 6th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Raising Cain's is terrible. Doesn't hold a candle to Zaxbys. Never heard of the rube shack the Appys are throwing out.

It's new. It used to be a Backyard Burger franchise, but the guy turned it into a unique burger shack. I met the owner and he told me about how he went on a tour of burger joints in Texas (apparently Texas is the mecca of burger joints) to get ideas for the place. It uses all hand made patties, local ingredients and home made sauces. Second best burgers in Boone behind Feasty Boys (a food truck).

Rekdiver
November 6th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Here's an honest question.... Why did App's mountain man (Mascot) go and change out of his costume in the middle of the 4th Quarter? I saw him go to the locker room and never come back midway through the 4th Qtr and then never saw him when the game was over... I thought it was strange... Not to mention that for a lot of the game he was in front of the GA Southern Section (the one between visitors and students)...

dehydration...................

Eagle11
November 6th, 2012, 09:13 AM

Understandable. It was unusually warm that day.

asumike83
November 6th, 2012, 09:18 AM

Have to say, I can't remember ever getting a sunburn in November before!

GATA_OneMoreTime
November 6th, 2012, 09:22 AM

Wouldn't say unusually hot for Statesboro in November. One day it's 45 and the next it's 80. Hell you can wear shorts year round and still sweat

GSUEagles#1
November 6th, 2012, 10:09 AM

Ok... It wasn't THATTTTT hot, guys!

biggie
November 6th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Ok... It wasn't THATTTTT hot, guys!
Go put on a full heavy suit and run around in 75+ weather for 2+ hours.

Mr. Pink
November 6th, 2012, 11:11 AM
This thread is still going...

HartleysHuddle
November 6th, 2012, 11:12 AM
God bless us, each and everyone of us.

http://hartleyshuddle.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/img_0517.jpg

T-Dog
November 6th, 2012, 11:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjy_7haflaM

blueballs
November 6th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Hey T-Dog!

It was good to see you again Saturday after the game at the tailgate and I'm glad you made that long drive back safely.

T-Dog
November 6th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Thanks. Here's a pic I got of IvyTalk, 93henfan and Bob Damnit

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f271/tdog231x/1103110043.jpg

And here is the most disgusting pile of septic trite in all of Statesboro, Pike.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f271/tdog231x/1103115828.jpg

Apphole
November 6th, 2012, 12:02 PM
I went to Pike's tailgate spot like he told me, but there was just a truck with no one around. I asked a nearby group and they had no idea who he was. Glad I got to meet EaglesRUS.

Waco Kid
November 6th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Question for App fans:

That was a bit surprising given the level of play by your DL all year and our poor play on OL most of the year. Most teams have been able to get pressure with just 4. We have too many good WR to cover 1 on 1 all day. I guess the GSU staff thought they wouldn't have to cover long by bringing extra men.

asumike83
November 6th, 2012, 12:47 PM
I understand the blitzing game plan, especially if you don't think your secondary can cover the deep ball. Most teams have been able to get some pressure with just the front four, so the idea was likely that they would blitz, get pressure even quicker and eliminate the deep threat by not allowing time for the route to develop. However, what really surprised me is that they didn't get away from it after being burned a few times.

Eaglesrus
November 6th, 2012, 12:57 PM
I went to Pike's tailgate spot like he told me, but there was just a truck with no one around. I asked a nearby group and they had no idea who he was. Glad I got to meet EaglesRUS.

Really glad that you and the others stopped by. Now that you know where we are come back any time. Maybe you'd like to come for our game with Howard Saturday? Going to be 73 degrees and sunny again.

GSUEagles#1
November 6th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Go put on a full heavy suit and run around in 75+ weather for 2+ hours.

No, hot is opening weekend when the heat index on the field was 108 degrees...

Eaglesrus
November 6th, 2012, 01:00 PM

Three of the women in our group had to give it up and leave the game less than 10 minutes into it.

Apphole
November 6th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Really glad that you and the others stopped by. Now that you know where we are come back any time. Maybe you'd like to come for our game with Howard Saturday? Going to be 73 degrees and sunny again.

xlolx I have a prior engagement. Some day called "Black Saturday." I believe you GaSo guys are familiar?

Eaglesrus
November 6th, 2012, 02:03 PM
xlolx I have a prior engagement. Some day called "Black Saturday." I believe you GaSo guys are familiar?

Doesn't sound familiar.

Apphole
November 6th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Doesn't sound familiar.

I would repress the memory too.

blueballs
November 6th, 2012, 02:19 PM

Black Saturday was quite a day in 2001 and 2007...xbeerchugx

GSUEagles#1
November 6th, 2012, 02:29 PM

Does it get HOT HOT HOT on Black Saturday??

asumike83
November 6th, 2012, 02:31 PM

Unfortunately, it looks that way. They are calling for 60 degrees and sunny, I want snow!

GlassOnion
November 6th, 2012, 02:32 PM
31-28.

24-17.

The two worst years in App football in nearly a decade, two straight wins against #1 ranked Georgia Southern. Burn.

biggie
November 6th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Boone had 6" of snow last week, the 75 degrees was probably a shock for a small person jumping around in a suit for that long.

biggie
November 6th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Unfortunately, it looks that way. They are calling for 60 degrees and sunny, I want snow!
They got it up there a little today and maybe some accumulation above Boone. But do wished it was cooler for Saturday. Will almost be shorts weather being all in black, at least the sun is blocked quickly after the time change.

cbarrier90
November 6th, 2012, 03:09 PM
This thread is still going...

And it will continue until morale improves!

Apphole
November 6th, 2012, 03:25 PM
31-28.

24-17.

The two worst years in App football in nearly a decade, two straight wins against #1 ranked Georgia Southern. Burn.

Who can't be topical!?

Eaglesrus
November 6th, 2012, 04:31 PM
I would repress the memory too.

Doesn't exist for me unless it's on my calendar.

SoCon48
November 30th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Good for him I think he is a great guy, but once again y'all think that what one person does erases everything else. He might have said cool it, but the 4-5 coaches jumping up and down chest bumping the entire time was rude. I'm sure he also talked to those coaches afterwards too, but the ADULTS should have enough restraint to cool it until the end of the home school's Alma Mater/Tradition. I couldn't tell if the players were having a talk or already having the prayer while sitting there, but at least they were quiet about it until the Alma Mater finished.

And this isn't a comment about rudeness and what it right or wrong as i had no problem with it, but I sure I hope I NEVER have to see an App Player jump on our brick wall again! xbawlingx

Do you still have the plywood wall that the NCAA imposed on you?

SoCon48
November 30th, 2012, 08:22 AM

Hot Hot Hot enough to burn your Eagles' arses.

eaglewraith
November 30th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Do you still have the plywood wall that the NCAA imposed on you?

That's been gone for years, and was only in the student section. I would assume your players are not dumb enough to jump on the wall where our students sit.

SouthernMan
November 30th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Hot Hot Hot enough to burn your Eagles' arses.

Why don't you worry about getting Hot Hot Hot enough to actually win a meaningful playoff game on that weak side of the bracket that you have. Whats the streak now? Going on three years since your last win beyond the second round? Two years since you won a playoff game at home? And Cobb's playoff committee keeps lobbing Jerry-tol Moore absolute softballs and he still cannot hit them.

Take care of business and we will see you in Frisco.

SouthernMan
December 1st, 2012, 05:19 PM
Hahahaahaahaa. Blocked XP. And another loss at sKidd Brewer.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 1st, 2012, 05:57 PM

The football gods have a sense a humor...App got into the playoffs because of an opponent's inept kicking unit and then they get eliminated by a blocked PAT in a game they should have won.

Wallace
December 1st, 2012, 07:43 PM
The football gods have a sense a humor...App got into the playoffs because of an opponent's inept kicking unit and then they get eliminated by a blocked PAT in a game they should have won.

^^^ this, no smack just funny

SoCon48
December 3rd, 2012, 03:17 PM

Pretty good smack from a team that lost 2 straight to their rival.

seantaylor
December 4th, 2012, 01:05 AM

You think anyone at GSU cares about this right now as we are still playing for a NC? When Appy can get out of the first round at home, come talk to me.

Twentysix
December 4th, 2012, 01:15 AM
You think anyone at GSU cares about this right now as we are still playing for a NC? When Appy can get out of the first round at home, come talk to me.

To be fair, when you look back in january, both of you will have been beaten by MVFC teams. ;)

I suppose you could add woofered to that list also.

Skjellyfetti
December 4th, 2012, 07:02 AM

Eh. Y'all will be playing one weekend longer than us. No real difference between getting knocked out in the second round or the quarterfinals.

This time it won't be do to an inept kicking game but an inept secondary.

eaglewraith
December 4th, 2012, 07:03 AM

What's that? I can't hear you over the sound of 33-3 at home in the playoffs.

eaglewraith
December 4th, 2012, 07:05 AM
Eh. Y'all will be playing one weekend longer than us. No real difference between getting knocked out in the second round or the quarterfinals.

This time it won't be do to an inept kicking game but an inept secondary.

Secondary is not inept, our defensive staff chose a poor scheme against you guys. Not saying we would have shut you down, but I'd like to see how things would have turned out if we had used the scheme we ran against UCA in the App game. However, it's water under the bridge, we've got more important things to worry about.

Skjellyfetti
December 4th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Secondary is not inept, our defensive staff chose a poor scheme against you guys. Not saying we would have shut you down, but I'd like to see how things would have turned out if we had used the scheme we ran against UCA in the App game.

It is inept. Y'all just weren't exposed enough this year because we play in the ToCon.

I'd be willing to make an avatar bet with you. Old Dominion will throw for over 400 yards and y'all will lose. Interested?

Eagle11
December 4th, 2012, 08:13 AM
It is inept. Y'all just weren't exposed enough this year because we play in the ToCon.

I'd be willing to make an avatar bet with you. Old Dominion will throw for over 400 yards and y'all will lose. Interested?

Old Dominion may throw for over 400, but GSU will rush for more than that. Mix in one or two long passes from McKinnon and GSU will score at will.

eaglewraith
December 4th, 2012, 08:18 AM

I never bet on my own team.

Also, I have no doubts they'll probably throw for a LOT. We're good enough to get some stops though and that should be all we need just like last year.

Baldy
December 4th, 2012, 10:18 AM

Speaking of inept....Touchdown Citadel!!

xlolx

Gringer1
December 4th, 2012, 10:27 AM
http://cdn.styleforum.net/a/a1/a1bd71e9_revival.jpeg

Apphole
December 4th, 2012, 10:27 AM
To be fair, when you look back in january, both of you will have been beaten by MVFC teams. ;)

I suppose you could add woofered to that list also.

Nope. Stink is losing to a CUSA/CAA team on Saturday.

Then the FBS announcements will come.

ASUG8
December 4th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Speaking of inept....Touchdown Citadel!!

xlolx

xtroublex

Unfortunately, it's still funny.

Skjellyfetti
December 4th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Touchdown Citadel!!

Eh. Our teams were 0-2 against Citadel.

Are you really bragging that you lost by less to Citadel? xeyebrowx