PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Southern Conference Power Rankings/Predictions - Week 10.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
October 27th, 2012, 08:59 PM
I went 3-1 again today (Elon let me down today). Here is where I have it after today.

1) Georgia Southern (IN) - Knocks off a tough Chattanooga side to punch their ticket.
2) Wofford (1 of 3) - fights off a comeback attempt by The Citadel.
3) Appalachian State (1 of 2) - fights off a second-half effort by WCU.
4) Samford (3 of 3) - Next week is do or die for Samford.
5) Chattanooga (out) - Mocs take GSU to the limit only to come up short.
6) The Citadel (3 of 3) - Bulldogs' effort today was good.
7) Furman (out) - Paladins take another win on the road.
8) Elon (out) - Beat WCU last week, lose to Furman this week.
9) Western Carolina (out) - will one day win back The Old Mountain Jug (unless ASU moves to FBS), but not today.

Predictions
Chattanooga @ Western Carolina - Mocs win this one to keep hope alive.
Wofford @ Samford - Terriers win to punch their ticket while eliminating Samford.
Elon @ The Citadel - Bulldogs win again to keep hope alive.
Appalachian State @ Georgia Southern (Game of the week) - Mountaineers keep it close but not close enough.

atlfcsfan
October 28th, 2012, 09:03 AM
1. Ga Southern - front runner eeks out a close one. All but assured a playoff spot.
2. Wofford - survived Citadel, will be an App fan next week
3. App State - nice win considering the circumstances
4. Chatty - Mocs are most snake bitten team in league. Had their chance against GSU and App
5. Samford - refocusing after off week
6. Citadel - gave Terriers all they could handle
7. Furman - firmly entrenched themselves as 7th best team in conference
8 Elon - irrelevant, will work on buidling for next season
9 W Carolina - got beat by 3rd string Qb, need I say more.

Chatty 27 W Carolina 17 - Chatty gets one over hapless Cats
Wofford 28 Samford 21 - Wouldnt be suprised if an upset happen, but will go with Terriers
Citadel 31 Elon 21 - Citadel gets back on the winning track
App St 34 Ga Sou 31 - The road team has been known to still one in this series. App in an upset

kdinva
October 28th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Chattanooga 35 @ Western Carolina 20
Wofford 28 @ Samford 18
Elon 15 @ The Citadel 32
Appalachian State 25 @ Georgia Southern 34

GATA_Eagles
October 28th, 2012, 10:38 AM
3-1 again. Thanks Elon.

) Georgia Southern - Fights off the Chattanooga Jacob Huesmans to stay on top
2) Wofford - Beats a tough Citadel squad at home
3) Appalachian State - Takes care of business in the whee
4) Chattanooga - One man offensive production
5) Samford - Started out great but is now essentially out of playoff consideration
6) The Citadel - Attempted a second half comeback against Wofford and almost pulled it off
7) Furman - Paladins find a steady rhythm and pull this one out.
8) Elon - Cemented themselves at #8
9) Western Carolina - Steadily improving week by week

Predictions
Chattanooga @ Western Carolina
Wofford @ Samford
Elon @ The Citadel
Appalachian State @ Georgia Southern (Game of the week)

ASU_Fanatic
October 28th, 2012, 10:44 AM
1. Georgia Southern
2. Wofford
3. App State
4. Chattanooga
5. Samford
6. Citadel
7. Furman
8. Elon
9. WCU

Chatty 21 vs WCU 28 - Calling it now, their at home with their last chance to win. Chatty has to be pretty depleted right now, WCU wants this win. They're gonna get it
Wofford 35 vs Samford 20 - could be a tough game for Woffy but I think they'll get it done
Citadel 24 vs Elon 27 - Elon on a late field goal to sink Citadel's playoff chances
App State 24 vs GaSo 35 - as long as Jackson plays it's gonna be tight throughout the entire game. But GaSo is simply better and at home I think they'll score a late TD to make final score look worse than it really is

Reign of Terrier
October 28th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Wofford needs a win to punch their ticket to make the playoffs.

No way they lose.

cbarrier90
October 28th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Wofford needs a win to punch their ticket to make the playoffs.

No way they lose.

ASU also needs a win to punch their ticket to the playoffs, too.

Doesn't mean they'll win.

whoanellie
October 28th, 2012, 11:44 AM
We seem to muck up at least one challengers season in addition to our own.

1. Georgia Southern
2. Wofford
3. App State
4. Chattanooga
5. Samford
6. Citadel
7. Furman
8. Elon
9. WCU

Chatty 21 vs WCU 28 - Calling it now, their at home with their last chance to win. Chatty has to be pretty depleted right now, WCU wants this win. They're gonna get it
Wofford 35 vs Samford 20 - could be a tough game for Woffy but I think they'll get it done
Citadel 24 vs Elon 27 - Elon on a late field goal to sink Citadel's playoff chances
App State 24 vs GaSo 35 - as long as Jackson plays it's gonna be tight throughout the entire game. But GaSo is simply better and at home I think they'll score a late TD to make final score look worse than it really is

GATA_Eagles
October 28th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Do you think the selection committee would take a 7-4 Citadel(wins over App and Georgia Southern) over a 7-4 App(no wins over potential playoff teams)?

walliver
October 28th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Do you think the selection committee would take a 7-4 Citadel(wins over App and Georgia Southern) over a 7-4 App(no wins over potential playoff teams)?

Citadel should win this matchup, but bad loss to Sammy may keep them out.

catamount man
October 28th, 2012, 12:01 PM
1) GSU
2) Wofford
3) App State
4) Samford
5) El Cid
6) Chatt
7) Furman
8) Elon
9) WCU

11/3 predictions:
Western Carolina 31 Chattanooga 21
App. State 35 Ga Southern 29
Wofford 31 Samford 14
Citadel 24 Elon 17

CID1990
October 28th, 2012, 12:04 PM

No.

Position bias.

theasushow
October 28th, 2012, 12:41 PM
No.

Position bias.

KBS bias.

Reign of Terrier
October 28th, 2012, 01:07 PM
ASU also needs a win to punch their ticket to the playoffs, too.

Doesn't mean they'll win.

There's a difference though, App is down this year, GSU is about where they are every year. Samford may be up, but Wofford is too.

In other words, it's going to take App to play the best game of their season to beat GSU, and that may no get the job done whereas Wofford needs to put forth the same effort they've been doing all year to beat Samford. The fact that a win puts us in the playoffs IMO is a motivator for us to play better, and it gives us the edge.

walliver
October 28th, 2012, 01:32 PM
There's a difference though, App is down this year, GSU is about where they are every year. Samford may be up, but Wofford is too.

In other words, it's going to take App to play the best game of their season to beat GSU, and that may no get the job done whereas Wofford needs to put forth the same effort they've been doing all year to beat Samford. The fact that a win puts us in the playoffs IMO is a motivator for us to play better, and it gives us the edge.

Sammy has played us tight in B'ham. We need to play much better than yesterday's second half to win. Sammy beat Citadel handily.

utcfan
October 28th, 2012, 04:05 PM
1. GSU
2. Wofford
3. ASU
4. UTC
5. Samford
6. Citadel
7. Furman
8. Elon
9. WCU

UTC 28 WCU 13
Wofford 28 Samford 17
Citadel 35 Elon 24
GSU 31 ASU 28

atlfcsfan
October 28th, 2012, 04:47 PM

App has better than 50% shot to get in at 7-4, Citadel has no shot. If both end up with identical 7-4 records, I think they cancel each other out and neither would get in.

Eagle22
October 28th, 2012, 10:07 PM
Perfect 4-0 week for me after correctly calling the Furman-Elon game, though I did think the Phoenix would have put up more points.

1) Georgia Southern - Showed some comeback character and resolve to dispatch the Mocs on the road
2) Wofford - Still in play for a share of the SoCon title
3) Appalachian State - Big game in the 'Boro on deck
4) Chattanooga - Close, but no cigar. Went to the well one too many times.
5) Samford - Is there any gas left in the tank for the Bulldogs ?
6 The Citadel - The Bulldogs are free falling, and are in talks with Tom Petty for fair use rights. Home game might stem the bleeding.
7) Furman - Paladins get two weeks to prep for Appalachian State
8) Elon - Phoenix are thankful for their win vs. Western, or they'd be at #9. Might not win any more in 2012.
9) Western Carolina - Better team than in the past, but same results so far.

Predictions
Chattanooga @ Western Carolina - Do the Moc's fall apart after tough loss ? Nope.
Wofford @ Samford - Could be the game of the week. How tired was Wofford in 2nd half vs. Citadel ? Wofford in a squeaker.
Elon @ The Citadel - Elon seniors Wilson and Mallette have solid game, but come up short in Charleston
Appalachian State @ Georgia Southern - Injuries for both teams could lead to a slugfest between 2nd stringers. GSU wins by 10.

theasushow
October 28th, 2012, 10:20 PM
App has better than 50% shot to get in at 7-4, Citadel has no shot. If both end up with identical 7-4 records, I think they cancel each other out and neither would get in.

Everybody is assuming we will beat Furman...I know they are having a down year, but they whooped us last year and will be pumped up at the chance of ruining black saturday on senior day.. Nothing is a given. Plus they have 2 weeks to prepare.

T-Dog
October 29th, 2012, 06:04 AM
This week, a look at the tale of two halves at Western and then a look into the heart of evil itself.

The Perils of Everyweek Existence: Escapology and Evil Rednecks (http://www.yosefscabin.com/tpoeeeaer/)

Chattanooga @ Western Carolina - 42-17 - WCU comes off the Jug game high and UTC handles this one.
Wofford @ Samford - 21-14 - Got a feeling about this one.
Elon @ The Citadel - 28-24 - Not easy, but El Cit gets it done.
Appalachian State @ Georgia Southern - 35-32 - Screw it, we're winning.

md64179
October 29th, 2012, 07:56 AM
1. GSU
2. Wofford
3. APP
4. UTC
5. Samford
6. El Cid
7. Furman
8. Elon
9. WCU

UTC @ WCU
Wofford @ Samford
Elon @ El Cid
App @ GSU

PaladinFan
October 29th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Everybody is assuming we will beat Furman...I know they are having a down year, but they whooped us last year and will be pumped up at the chance of ruining black saturday on senior day.. Nothing is a given. Plus they have 2 weeks to prepare.

After Saturday, I have no idea what to think. Furman has been steady against the run all season, but atrocious against the pass (easily league worst). Then they go on the road to play the SoCon's top passing team and shut the Phoenix offense down.

If you have followed Furman this season you would know that the only FCS team to have a lead of greater than 7 against Furman after three quarters was Coastal (and that game went into something like 9 overtimes). Wofford led by 3 after 3. UTC and GSU by 7. Samford was tied. Furman's issues this season have been obvious - their offense has been inconsistent and has kept a good-not-great defense on the field far too long. The result is one fourth quarter breakdown after another.

I was fairly convinced that the two teams that could potentially blow Furman out were Elon and App State given their proficiency with the pass. However, after this weekend, perhaps Fowler is shoring up that aspect of the game, and the offense looked far more comfortable out there. App right now has superior talent, but their defense is a shadow of its former self. App's defense has been chewed up by good running backs, and they will have another one to face in Furman's Jerodis Williams. The Furman staff has finally heard my pleas and determine that if the Paladins are going to go down, they are going to go down giving the football to their best player as often as he can carry it.

If Furman's offense can stay on the field they will give App State a run. Furman has kept games close against good teams. That game will likely rest almost exclusively on App's defense. If they show up, Furman will struggle. If they don't Furman will be in it til the last whistle.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 29th, 2012, 08:25 AM
After Saturday, I have no idea what to think. Furman has been steady against the run all season, but atrocious against the pass (easily league worst). Then they go on the road to play the SoCon's top passing team and shut the Phoenix offense down.

If you have followed Furman this season you would know that the only FCS team to have a lead of greater than 7 against Furman after three quarters was Coastal (and that game went into something like 9 overtimes). Wofford led by 3 after 3. UTC and GSU by 7. Samford was tied. Furman's issues this season have been obvious - their offense has been inconsistent and has kept a good-not-great defense on the field far too long. The result is one fourth quarter breakdown after another.

I was fairly convinced that the two teams that could potentially blow Furman out were Elon and App State given their proficiency with the pass. However, after this weekend, perhaps Fowler is shoring up that aspect of the game, and the offense looked far more comfortable out there. App right now has superior talent, but their defense is a shadow of its former self. App's defense has been chewed up by good running backs, and they will have another one to face in Furman's Jerodis Williams. The Furman staff has finally heard my pleas and determine that if the Paladins are going to go down, they are going to go down giving the football to their best player as often as he can carry it.

If Furman's offense can stay on the field they will give App State a run. Furman has kept games close against good teams. That game will likely rest almost exclusively on App's defense. If they show up, Furman will struggle. If they don't Furman will be in it til the last whistle.

Elon being one of the top 5 worst rushing offenses in the top 4 conferences might have something to do with that.

But yeah, there's really no one in this conference who can afford to overlook Furman.

MorgantonAPPAlum
October 29th, 2012, 08:39 AM

Definitely can't take the Paladins for granted-if Furman has a chance to knock ASU out of playoff contention on November 10th that will be all the motivation that they need. I still think we win at home, but I am not taking getting to 7 wins as a sure thing by any means.

fc97
October 29th, 2012, 09:24 AM

the elon and furman games dating back to 1999 have been a grab bag where the results never seem to dictate what the level of the two teams are. i mean, look at the results. it seems for the past 6 years, record and previous results don't matter, it's one of those games that the two teams seem to have an unspoken rivalry to play up or down about.

either way, great for your coaching staff, you exposed ours for the jokes that they are

SpeedkingATL
October 29th, 2012, 09:37 AM
1. GSU-New #1 in FCS?
2. Wofford-Still at one SoCon loss.
3. APP-Team Sybil cruses into Statesboro controling their own playoff fate. Usual Jug win.
4. UTC-Probably the best team in FCS that won't make the playoffs.
5. Samford-Steady as she goes.
6. El Cid-Still looking for early season magic to return.
7. Furman-Rebuilding year with young QB.
8. Elon-Good QB and great WR but little else.
9. WCU-Better but still cellar dweller.

UTC @ WCU-Mocs take out their season long frustration against the Whee. 38-14 Mocs.
Wofford @ Samford-Ankle-biter appear beatable again but hold on against Sammy 34-21.
Elon @ El Cid-Bellhops keep their playoff hopes alive with victory, 31-28.
App @ GSU-App brings it's A-game but falls short in 4th quarter of 21-17 slobberknocker.

asumike83
October 29th, 2012, 09:49 AM
1) Georgia Southern
2) Wofford
3) Appalachian State
4) Chattanooga
5) Samford
6) The Citadel
7) Furman
8) Elon
9) Western Carolina

Predictions
Wofford @ Samford
Elon @ The Citadel
Appalachian State @ Georgia Southern

PaladinFan
October 29th, 2012, 10:16 AM
the elon and furman games dating back to 1999 have been a grab bag where the results never seem to dictate what the level of the two teams are. i mean, look at the results. it seems for the past 6 years, record and previous results don't matter, it's one of those games that the two teams seem to have an unspoken rivalry to play up or down about.

either way, great for your coaching staff, you exposed ours for the jokes that they are

Elon is Furman's worst nightmare. It is a bit of a bizzare series. Furman for the first few years Elon was in the SoCon, beat the Phoenix somethin' awful (I remember a 56-7 game in 2002 where Furman pulled the starters after a couple of series). There was the 2004 game, which is still the biggest headscratcher in my Furman football experience. That game a pretty bad Elon team held a good Furman team to 10 points in a season where the only other team to hold them under 29 was the National Champion James Madison team in the playoffs (and Furman a bunch of points off the board in that game). That Furman team even scored 38 on Pitt.

I chalk a lot of that up to the Furman institutional decision to play bend-don't-break defense. I do think that Fowler is getting away from that, as he is far more likely to send multiple rushers than Lamb ever was.

walliver
October 29th, 2012, 10:40 AM
1) Georgia Southern - they stay here until they lose (which I suspect won't be until they go to Athens
2) Wofford - not impressive in second half last week, but a win is a win
3) ASU - may fall a spot this week
4) Chatty - I am tempted to put them at #3. ASU has a better record, but Chatty is hooter right now
5) Samford - a good team, but hasn't made much of a splash
6) Citadel - team seems to be coming back together, but may be too little too late
7) Furman - disappointing year, but has a chance to make some noise late
8) Elon - nothing exciting here
9) WCU - they own the cellar until they win a game

Predictions:
Wofford at Sammy - Sammy always tough at home, but short haired dogs eek one out 24-22
UTC at WCU - I suspect this will be closer than most think, but Chatty pulls it out 35-31
Elon at El Cid - puppies's offense rolls 42-28
ASU at GSU - On paper, this game shouldn't be close, but it is a rivalry and ASU's playoff chances are on the line. GSU 21-17 (much less scoring than anticipated)

Playoff chances:
1) GSU - safe bet. In theory they could drop to 7-4 but very unlikely.
2) Wofford - sub-D1 game hurts, with USC to end season. One more win should get a spot, but two would be nice.
3) ASU - Really needs to win this week. I 7-4 ASU team would not be attractive (even with their AD as committee chairman
4) Citadel - would be at-large eligible at 7-4, but don't think SoCon gets 4 in. Citadel needs an ASU loss coupled with a lot of upsets during rivalry week. I think a 7-4 Cit would be better than a 7-4 ASU, but suspect the committee feels otherwise.
5) Chatty - can still tie for SoCon title, but I don't think they win any tiebreakers. Playoff calibre team that stays home.
... everybody else can make Thanksgiving plans.

PaladinFan
October 29th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Elon being one of the top 5 worst rushing offenses in the top 4 conferences might have something to do with that.

But yeah, there's really no one in this conference who can afford to overlook Furman.

Perhaps, but you even saw in the Georgia Southern game how poor Furman's defense is against the pass. Elon is as one dimensional on offense as Georgia Southern is. It just depends on how well you play that one dimension.

ElonPride
October 29th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Elon is Furman's worst nightmare. It is a bit of a bizzare series. Furman for the first few years Elon was in the SoCon, beat the Phoenix somethin' awful (I remember a 56-7 game in 2002 where Furman pulled the starters after a couple of series). .

The couple games you are referring to was when Elon was in the Big South. Since Elon's been in the SoCon, there really has only been 1 bad game..... '05 Furman won 45-6. The two years prior were decent defensive games.

Overall, it's been a pretty good series. I also had no clue that going into the game over the weekend, Elon owned the longest conference winning streak versus Furman.

fc97
October 29th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Elon is Furman's worst nightmare. It is a bit of a bizzare series. Furman for the first few years Elon was in the SoCon, beat the Phoenix somethin' awful (I remember a 56-7 game in 2002 where Furman pulled the starters after a couple of series). There was the 2004 game, which is still the biggest headscratcher in my Furman football experience. That game a pretty bad Elon team held a good Furman team to 10 points in a season where the only other team to hold them under 29 was the National Champion James Madison team in the playoffs (and Furman a bunch of points off the board in that game). That Furman team even scored 38 on Pitt.

I chalk a lot of that up to the Furman institutional decision to play bend-don't-break defense. I do think that Fowler is getting away from that, as he is far more likely to send multiple rushers than Lamb ever was.

from the 1999 opening game defeat of top 15 furman, then a close game the year after that you guys should have taken handily despite us being ranked too. then it was 3 pretty bad series, that lightning delay game being the worst, was delay nearly 4 hours. the 2004 10-0 was craziest of them all. then the 2005 hamilton boy's choke off. 2006 was close, the 2007 52-49 game, the 08 and 09 games where we should have dominated bu didn't. then the past two years that we should have run away from but were close. now this year, which, who would have guessed how it turned out. to be honest, it's been a fairly good series overall despite turnout.

did you see the times-news article talking about furman and elon playing the caa no comment game and the wonder if this will be a caa matchup for next year?

PaladinFan
October 29th, 2012, 12:25 PM
from the 1999 opening game defeat of top 15 furman, then a close game the year after that you guys should have taken handily despite us being ranked too. then it was 3 pretty bad series, that lightning delay game being the worst, was delay nearly 4 hours. the 2004 10-0 was craziest of them all. then the 2005 hamilton boy's choke off. 2006 was close, the 2007 52-49 game, the 08 and 09 games where we should have dominated bu didn't. then the past two years that we should have run away from but were close. now this year, which, who would have guessed how it turned out. to be honest, it's been a fairly good series overall despite turnout.

did you see the times-news article talking about furman and elon playing the caa no comment game and the wonder if this will be a caa matchup for next year?

I was at that lightening game (one of the few that hung around, I think), and that was as big as one sided a game as I can remember seeing. Furman ran nine plays the first three series and were up 21-0. Two series were one play drives over over 70+ yards. Explains how Furman's Ike West ended up with my favorite stat line: 3 catches, 160 yards, 3 touchdowns. :)

As for the CAA, I have heard Furman's name kicked around, but I have never heard that from Furman sources. I think it would work, quite frankly. I do think that if the CAA is serious about courting Davidson, they will probably have to look at extending the olive branch to schools like Furman and Elon. Furman and Davidson, in particular, have extremely deep institutional ties.

SpiritCymbal
October 29th, 2012, 04:29 PM
The road team has been known to still one in this series.

Home team is 15-6 in this series. Each team has won 3 times on the road.

GSU's wins came in:
1993 (ASU went 4-7 that year)
2001 (ASU went 9-4 that year)
2007 (ASU went 13-2 that year)

ASU's wins came in:
1996 (GSU went 4-7 that year)
2006 (GSU went 3-8 that year)
2008 (GSU went 6-5 that year)

seantaylor
October 30th, 2012, 01:06 AM
Yeah, Ellwood, VG and Hatcher. The three that shouldn't be.

fc97
October 30th, 2012, 06:56 AM
I was at that lightening game (one of the few that hung around, I think), and that was as big as one sided a game as I can remember seeing. Furman ran nine plays the first three series and were up 21-0. Two series were one play drives over over 70+ yards. Explains how Furman's Ike West ended up with my favorite stat line: 3 catches, 160 yards, 3 touchdowns. :)

As for the CAA, I have heard Furman's name kicked around, but I have never heard that from Furman sources. I think it would work, quite frankly. I do think that if the CAA is serious about courting Davidson, they will probably have to look at extending the olive branch to schools like Furman and Elon. Furman and Davidson, in particular, have extremely deep institutional ties.

yeah, i was there too and that was the last away game for elon i ever went to. :( that was just plain bad.

ElCid
October 31st, 2012, 04:09 AM
I think just about everyone has the same impression of the ranking order.

1 - Georgia Southern - A little too close for comfort last week for the Ga So faithful, but got the W
2 - Wofford – Almost blew it, but also got the W
3 - Appalachian State – Just seems to be hanging around, nothing spectacular
4 - Chattanooga – Stock is rising, even with loss
5 - Samford - Solid team, a couple plays diifference and they are 7-1
6 - The Citadel - May be on rebound, looked good against Wofford; the D may have found itself also
7 - Furman – Pulled out a clutch road win
8 - Elon – Just isn’t all there
9 - Western Carolina – They have been hungry all year but keep coming up short

Predictions
Wofford @ Samford – Tough road game for Wofford who looked tired last week; I want to say upset , but Terriers will probably pull it out, 28-25
Chattanooga @ Western Carolina – Chatt has something to prove after tough loss, offense finds itself, 44-17
Elon @ The Citadel– Citadel D made an appearance at Wofford, can they do it again? Barely, 34-28
Appalachian State @ Georgia Southern – No let down for Ga So, 38-21

longtimemocfan
November 1st, 2012, 12:29 PM
1 - Georgia Southern - Found enough to win last week.
2 - Wofford – Another tough challenge ahead.
3 - Appalachian State – Could drop after this week.
4 - Chattanooga – On the rise with improvement each week.
5 - Samford - Steady good team.
6 - The Citadel - Seems to have found themselves again.
7 - Furman – Good solid win last week.
8 - Elon – Needs to find something good besides QB and WR.
9 - Western Carolina – Defense 2nd to last in FCS.

Wofford @ Samford-Game could come down to last drive. 24-21
Chattanooga @ Western Car.- Mocs have played some of their best games on the road. 38-17
Elon @ The Citadel- Bulldogs seem to be on a upswing 35-28
Appy State @ Georgia Southern App has not fared well against 2 TO teams at home this one is on the road. 35-17

jpincince
November 2nd, 2012, 08:54 AM
What's the quality of the $9.95 feed I'd get for Elon @ The Citadel?

GATA_Eagles
November 2nd, 2012, 09:16 AM

It was terrible for our game. Guy couldn't hold the camera still and feed was extremely choppy

jpincince
November 2nd, 2012, 09:20 AM
It was terrible for our game. Guy couldn't hold the camera still and feed was extremely choppy

The schools can't make much money off these feeds, right? Why aren't they all free? Elon's isn't great either, but at least it's free. Do schools think (or have evidence) that making them free will keep people from going to games?

ElCid
November 2nd, 2012, 09:34 AM
The schools can't make much money off these feeds, right? Why aren't they all free? Elon's isn't great either, but at least it's free. Do schools think (or have evidence) that making them free will keep people from going to games?

Good question. I don't think soem schools like to set a precedent by giving it away. Thankfully, I am old school and the radio broadcasts still hold a fascination for me so not getting video is no big deal. I have watched a couple Elon games and they were not too bad a quality for the price.xsmiley_wix

Eagle11
November 2nd, 2012, 09:39 AM
My feed for the Citadel game was actually decent. Much better than the Chatty feed.

eaglewraith
November 2nd, 2012, 09:57 AM
My feed for the Citadel game was actually decent. Much better than the Chatty feed.

Chatty fed was really good. It took a few minutes at the beginning to get sorted out. It looked like they had an encoder issue so they took the stream down and did something. When it came back it was great.

eaglewraith
November 2nd, 2012, 09:58 AM

Ours is free. HD with radio feed synced.

It's pretty impressive.

Eagle11
November 2nd, 2012, 10:51 AM
Chatty fed was really good. It took a few minutes at the beginning to get sorted out. It looked like they had an encoder issue so they took the stream down and did something. When it came back it was great.

Mine was out of sync with their announcers. They were at least 4 seconds ahead. Then I turned on our announcers and they were 4-5 seconds behind.

eaglewraith
November 2nd, 2012, 12:07 PM
Mine was out of sync with their announcers. They were at least 4 seconds ahead. Then I turned on our announcers and they were 4-5 seconds behind.

I didn't listen to their audio. I just listened to our guys. I was ok with the mismatch. It was like instant replay to some degree.

CID1990
November 2nd, 2012, 01:42 PM

We use Stretch Internet as our vendor and they should be lined up, shot, and fed to wild pigs from CEO on down to the guy who sweeps the floor at night.

Resolution is somewhat grainy, and camera work leaves a little bit to be desired. Oh, and the jumbotron feeds to the broadcast, so if they are showing something on the jumbotron during a play, you miss the play.

Smitty
November 3rd, 2012, 12:13 AM
Wofford @ Samford
Elon @ The Citadel
Appalachian State @ Georgia Southern

CID1990
November 3rd, 2012, 04:58 PM
What a snoozefest until we laid down in the second half and let them get back in the game. Elon is crap except for Mellette, who, ironically will have a longer NFL career than that other guy from a couple years ago whose name I can't remember.