No. 3 NDSU escapes against SIU
No. 7 Wofford escapes The Citadel
No. 8 JMU escapes Georgia State
No. 10 Northern Arizona escapes Northern Colorado
No. 15 App State escapes Western Carolina
No. 17 Albany escapes Sacred Heart
No. 22 Tennessee State escapes Tennessee Tech

and early, No.4 Cal Poly vs. Sac State is 10-7 Mustangs

Only No. 1 Eastern Washington got snagged by an upset.

xintx xtroublex

eagle07
October 27th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Gonna be an interesting poll this week

heath
October 27th, 2012, 08:41 PM
No. 2 Georgia Southern needs 3 OTs to beat Chatty

xintx xtroublex

Guess LEHIGH moves up to xlolx#1xlolx

eagle07
October 27th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Lol Lehigh will be #1 seed before its over

theasushow
October 27th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Gonna be an interesting poll this week

I agree, but for me I have a hard time dropping a team after a hard fought win, especially this late in the season. I dont see the NDSU's and GSU's of the world dropping as a result of close wins...I could be wrong though.

Hawk98
October 27th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Hard fought wins are the whole damn point, no way should these schools drop. The playoffs are all about winning close games, and teams that have shown they can do it are better equipped for it.

straightshooter
October 27th, 2012, 08:46 PM
GSU on the road
NDSU at home
Wofford at home
JMU at home

theasushow
October 27th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Hard fought wins are the whole damn point, no way should these schools drop. The playoffs are all about winning close games, and teams that have shown they can do it are better equipped for it.

I agree...I just assumed when he said "the polls would be interesting this week" that he was implying some voters would drop teams as a result of barely winning games that they should have won handily.

heath
October 27th, 2012, 08:50 PM

xintx xtroublex
LOVE the word "escapes"xshhhx A very nice word when your team has ESCAPED from playing/beating anyone that really matters.xnodx
No.(?) Lehigh escapes BYExsmiley_wix

Hawk98
October 27th, 2012, 08:51 PM
I agree...I just assumed when he said "the polls would be interesting this week" that he was implying some voters would drop teams as a result of barely winning games that they should have won handily.

Well, I guess I can see MSU jumping up a little, but the top 5 is still the top 5 IMO, maybe with a different order.

The only one I can see maybe suffering is JMU because GaSt is so hideous, but even then, a win is a win and it was 28-7 at one point.

theasushow
October 27th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Well, I guess I can see MSU jumping up a little, but the top 5 is still the top 5 IMO, maybe with a different order.

The only one I can see maybe suffering is JMU because GaSt is so hideous, but even then, a win is a win and it was 28-7 at one point.

I have noticed that the FBS is notorious for dropping top teams after close wins (and sometimes after blowout wins). Oregon gets dropped after nearly every win it seems like...but all you can do is play the team on your schedule and keep winning.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 27th, 2012, 08:55 PM

I agree. No way these teams should drop for close wins, even against unranked opponents. The only ones that might raise eyebrows are JMU and NAU.

Hawk98
October 27th, 2012, 08:59 PM
I have noticed that the FBS is notorious for dropping top teams after close wins (and sometimes after blowout wins). Oregon gets dropped after nearly every win it seems like...but all you can do is play the team on your schedule and keep winning.
FBS voting is crazy, though. They actively try to 'correct' they computers, so if a team that the coaches/voters don't want is high in the BCS, they get downvoted after wins.

ITmonarch10
October 27th, 2012, 09:00 PM

Oregon is dropping in the BCS because of the computers not because of the polls. Oregon has been second in both the AP and coaches polls for awhile now.

eaglewraith
October 27th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Oregon is dropping in the BCS because of the computers not because of the polls. Oregon has been second in both the AP and coaches polls for awhile now.

Which is why it's important to know the math the computers are using. You'll never see it though.

PAllen
October 27th, 2012, 09:03 PM
It's all about winning. Great teams win close games when they get surprised, others don't. Can't fault a team for not winning huge over a lesser opponent, as long as they win. Lose to a much lesser opponent? Well, that's a different story.

BisonFan02
October 27th, 2012, 09:05 PM
SIU NDSU
1st Downs 8 23
3rd down efficiency 3-11 10-17
4th down efficiency 1-1 2-2
Total Yards 177 386
Passing 166 200
Comp-Att 17-26 15-25
Yards per pass 6.4 8.0
Rushing 11 186
Rushing Attempts 17 51
Yards per rush 0.6 3.6
Penalties 6-52 6-40
Turnovers 1 1
Fumbles lost 0 1
Interceptions thrown 1 0
Possession 19:12 40:48

NDSU allowed 11 rushing yards and held the ball for over 40 minutes. They can only beat themselves by turning the ball over.

eaglewraith
October 27th, 2012, 09:07 PM
It's all about winning. Great teams win close games when they get surprised, others don't. Can't fault a team for not winning huge over a lesser opponent, as long as they win. Lose to a much lesser opponent? Well, that's a different story.

I have to say, Georgia Southern had a game like this earlier in the season. We dominated the first half, and failed to come out in the second half and match the adjustments of the opposing team. That time we were our second game in with a young team and we didn't have it in us to rebound. This time we did. This team is starting to pull together at the right time. We've still got some things to work on, but this is a game we wouldn't have won earlier this season.

Good teams get back off the mat when they've been knocked down.

eaglewraith
October 27th, 2012, 09:08 PM
They can only beat themselves by turning the ball over.

I can totally sympathize.

superman7515
October 27th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Hey, Old Dominion didn't exactly cakewalk over Delaware.

Hawk98
October 27th, 2012, 09:10 PM
SIU NDSU
1st Downs 8 23
3rd down efficiency 3-11 10-17
4th down efficiency 1-1 2-2
Total Yards 177 386
Passing 166 200
Comp-Att 17-26 15-25
Yards per pass 6.4 8.0
Rushing 11 186
Rushing Attempts 17 51
Yards per rush 0.6 3.6
Penalties 6-52 6-40
Turnovers 1 1
Fumbles lost 0 1
Interceptions thrown 1 0
Possession 19:12 40:48

NDSU allowed 11 rushing yards and held the ball for over 40 minutes. They can only beat themselves by turning the ball over.

An L is an L. They don't give style points.

Hawk98
October 27th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Hey, Old Dominion didn't exactly cakewalk over Delaware.

Delaware is a top 25 team though ... it was expected to be close.

walliver
October 27th, 2012, 09:11 PM
I was very disappointed in Wofford's second half play, but as least we escaped. ASU and GSU didn't escape the Citadel.

URMite
October 27th, 2012, 09:13 PM

xintx xtroublex

There may have been some other losses 15 to 25...

superman7515
October 27th, 2012, 09:14 PM

Yeah but Tennessee State wasn't (#28) and they still made it on the list for their game against also unranked Tennessee Tech, so just pointing out that it was also a close game.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 27th, 2012, 09:15 PM
I don't think Western Carolina was ever really in the game with App.

Hawk98
October 27th, 2012, 09:15 PM
True.

BEAR
October 27th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Its two weeks in a row that our opponents have controlled the ball to keep our offense off the field. Its working...hey, if you can't outscore them, don't let them have the ball. Wears a defense down...xlolx

BisonBohl
October 27th, 2012, 09:17 PM
An L is an L. They don't give style points.

But we didnt get a L...

theasushow
October 27th, 2012, 09:18 PM
I don't think Western Carolina was ever really in the game with App.

There was a definite momentum change when ASU had a 11 point lead in the 4th and then fumbled to give WCU some life, but I was never truely concerned, ASU had moved the ball all day at will.

Hawk98
October 27th, 2012, 09:18 PM
But we didnt get a L...

Oh, oops. Wrong North Dakota school. Sorry.

melloware13
October 27th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Also UNH, Marist, and SEMO St all escaped their games with the imperfect opponents (URI, Valpo, Austin Peay respectively) without falling.

BisonFan02
October 27th, 2012, 09:42 PM

Don't make that mistake too many times...We could start throwing around Lafayette instead of Lehigh for you guys too.

ITmonarch10
October 27th, 2012, 09:42 PM

Dem fighting words. That almost as bad as confusing Georgia Southern with Georgia State.

Hawk98
October 27th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Don't make that mistake too many times...We could start throwing around Lafayette instead of Lehigh for you guys too.

Yeah, I know ... that was bad.

UNH Fanboi
October 27th, 2012, 09:47 PM
JMU has been overrated all year and no one has listened to me. Beating GSU by a touchdown is a joke.

LehighU11
October 27th, 2012, 10:15 PM
JMU has been overrated all year and no one has listened to me. Beating GSU by a touchdown is a joke.

That's because we've all been so busy listening to you and every other UNH fan ranting about how overrated Lehigh is xrolleyesx

BisonFan02
October 27th, 2012, 10:21 PM
That's because we've all been so busy listening to you and every other UNH fan ranting about how overrated Lehigh is xrolleyesx

Didn't you guys lose to Georgetown today? :D

LehighU11
October 27th, 2012, 10:29 PM

Haha, I at least know NDSU and ND mixups are fighting words out there. Amazingly, both Lehigh and Lafayette turned the ball over SEVEN times each to Georgetown this year. Leave it to us to make a should-be win into a close one and "escape." You can always count on the Pards to lose those games, however.

Hawk98
October 27th, 2012, 10:56 PM

I said I was sorry TWICE. xlolx

BisonBohl
October 27th, 2012, 11:02 PM

Nice bait and hook, you got me. Jokes a bit old but whatever...

Your boys staying off twitter this season?

gotts
October 27th, 2012, 11:49 PM

Yeah, can't afford anyone else getting Spadolaed now...

JMUNJ08
October 27th, 2012, 11:59 PM

Im not sure if you watched the game but it never seemed (until them taking over the ball with 50 seconds left and 70 yards to go) that Georgia State was going to overtake/ tie the Dukes. We had our Frosh QB starting his first game in place of Thorpe so I wasn't expecting a full 30 point blowout. However, 7 pts was less than expected. It was 28-7 midway through the 4th before two quick scores by GaST. We also missed 3 field goals all to the left. We hit those, its 37-21. Sounds more reasonable right?

Honestly, we aren't the offensive juggernaut from the mid-2000's anymore and rely on a stout D. For a FBS reference, we are alot like LSU, lots of skill players and a great D, but don't expect anything other than an UGLY win.

LehighU11
October 28th, 2012, 12:00 AM

I think everyone's still on twitter. We figure that since there isn't a hypocritical AD on the board trying to cover up his criminal players' scandals, we can tweet away.

CSN-info
October 28th, 2012, 12:14 AM

No

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/content.php?833-North-Dakota-State-Near-Perfect-at-No.-1-in-the-10-22-12-Gridiron-Power-Index-(GPI)

This whole thread is based on opinion polls

ODU Oldtimer
October 28th, 2012, 01:41 AM
. For a FBS reference, we are alot like LSU, lots of skill players and a great D, but don't expect anything other than an UGLY win.

Ugly against William and Mary
Ugly and saved in last min. against Towson
Ugly and you lose to Richmond
Ugly against GA State..............we are a lot like LSU ..............really LSU

Hawk98
October 28th, 2012, 05:49 AM
No

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/content.php?833-North-Dakota-State-Near-Perfect-at-No.-1-in-the-10-22-12-Gridiron-Power-Index-(GPI)

This whole thread is based on opinion polls

Sorry, but your calculation is even more meaningless than the BCS ... at least the BCS gets used for something tangible.

Engineer86
October 28th, 2012, 06:16 AM
LOVE the word "escapes"xshhhx A very nice word when your team has ESCAPED from playing/beating anyone that really matters.xnodx
No.(?) Lehigh escapes BYExsmiley_wix

This is what Lehigh has been doing all season. I am not saying it is a good thing, nor am I arguing that teams should drop based on it. I have dropped LU based on the continuation of these types of games. However those that have been killing Lehigh and significantly dropping them in the polls while they continue to win and don't want to rank them at all, I would expect they will stay consistent in their voting and punish teams for close wins. It is a shame, Al Davis is rolling in his grave. xnonono2x

Lehigh Football Nation
October 28th, 2012, 08:52 AM
The College Sports Journal poll is what I'm using:

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/ncaa-division-i-sports/fcs-football/456-eastern-washington-holds-on-to-top-spot-in-csj-poll

IMO, the best human-based poll out there.

van
October 28th, 2012, 09:11 AM
I think everyone's still on twitter. We figure that since there isn't a hypocritical AD on the board trying to cover up his criminal players' scandals, we can tweet away.

+1